Speaker 1: Come on, come.
Speaker 2: On this episode of a heat check.
Speaker 1: We react to all of the trades, well most of the trades. At the deadline, I wrote all the trades down. We'll see if we get to a ball Harden. Harden was actually moved, despite Steve Nash telling the world Harden was not being traded. He met at that very moment that he was having that conversation, Maury got his wish. Congratulations to Tarryl Mourray for pulling out a rabbit from his hat. Ben Simmons, Congratulations to Ben Simmons, he is no longer rotting in some random high school Philadelphia gym taking videos for Instagram of his basketball shoes off, just the socks. He actually gets to play. He actually gets his look at his email and see money getting direct deposited into his bank account for the first time in twenty twenty two. So many moves rocks get that perfect, right, my. So we thought there was a potential for one of those trade deadlines that starts with the roar and goes out with a like a lamb. What is it like a starts like a lion and ends like a lamb? And we were like it was maybe eleven am day of the deadline, and we're like, what's happening? Where are these trades? There's nothing happening. Hopped on the peloton just to get my mind right, and literally as I got on the peloton, boom boom boom boom boom, blackout, blackout, blackout. Trade trade this, this trade, that trade, this trade, that trade, and then it happened, and then it happen. Been in the battle between Brian Windhorst Adrian Warzanowski, Sham Sharanya. Boom Ooo, this is the bomb. This is the sound of the Sham's bomb. Shams just scoops everyone scoops, Woje scoops, Windy scoops, Hanes. There were some bubblings, own negotiations getting clearer. Things are starting to come into fruition. Both sides starting to talk. We've been saying that blah blah blah, both sides. We've been hearing that for weeks. But no trade comes down. Yes, Sir, Harden Ghosts of Philadelphia. Ben Simmons goes to Brooklyn. Are you kidding me? This is the best possible situation for all NBA fans. If you love the tea and you love drama. I am telling you, now, though, where will Ben Simmons drama that's been feeding our news site for the last five, seven, eight nine months, whatever it's been, will pale in comparison to how the fuck did something three headed monster between Harden, Kyrie and Kadi dissolved so fast? Who was responsible for this? How did it happen? The investigative reporting and the tea that has already come out. I tell you what delicious compared to like some where will Ben go? What's happening with Daryl Morriy? That is nothing compared to this. So Brooklyn Nets, here's the trade. Brooklyn Nets receive Ben Simmons, Seth Curry, Andre Drummonds, a twenty twenty two first round pick completely unprotected with the right to defer to twenty twenty three, a twenty twenty seven first round pick top eight protected through twenty twenty eight and becomes it becomes two seconds if it's not conveyed. The Philadelphia seventy six ers receive James Harden and Paul millsp I tell you what, I love everything about this, not just from a basketball perspective, because we'll get to that, but from a comedy perspective. This is just so much material, I don't even know what to get to. First, First, and foremost, the fact that Woj was so blatantly wrong for so long about this trade not happening, and us as a collective finally understanding that the hero has stuck around long enough to be the villain is tremendous. We all now collectively understand that Woj is for the man, He's not for the culture or for the people. And I hear it on Twitter time after time after time. Take this, Woj, Sham's got you, Woj. So that was hilarious, hilarious to see Windhorse and Woj literally sparring on national television basically being like I told you so, Woj, You're obviously your sources are lying to you, or you have bad sources, whatever that is. I love Also how this all ended up happening. Harden wouldn't ask out for a trade because he was apparently worried about the public backlash of publicly asking for one, even though we're pretty certain and confident. He asked out if he's being traded, like it wasn't a public announcement or a skewering like he gave us on national TV. But that was shocking for him to say this team's not close to competing under any circumstances. Of course, I didn't see that happening for the Nets, right, This team is close. They played sixteen games together, all three They've won thirteen out of those sixteen, right, So okay. Secondarily, now the news is coming out that Kyrie and Harden didn't like each other. Casp, Are you shocked? I am absolutely baffled that a man like James Harden, a simple man with simple desires fried food, strip clubs, and basketball, would not get along with a man who believed that the earth was flat that sticking up for the world, his duty was to not be vaccinated, to show the world that people should not be persecuted or admonished or reaped the consequences at work for not getting vaccinated. He believed that that was social justice. He burns sage whenever he goes to an arena. He's on Instagram live posting weird things about how he knew Kevin Durant in a past life, like James Harden's looking at Kyrie riving like, what are you talking about? Guy? Like I just want to hoop and you are fucking up my plans to hoop. James Harden of course got there to be on a three headed monster, and all of a sudden he looks around and he's like, this is a colder version of Houston with more taxes, Like I am now paying somehow fifteen percent more in taxes. Kevin Duran is injured. Kyrie's never here. He's talking about how he's saving the world by not getting vaccinated, and all I can think about is listen, I did not come here for this. Also, apparently Kyrie Irving was quote unquote eager to see James Harden also be traded. Per Joe Varden, he said Irving was ready for Harden to move on too. When Irving heard Harden was in fact hoping to be traded, a well placed source says he was eager to see it come to fruition as well.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There is a new report by a not so credible source, but a Brooklyn Nets executive says the growing riff between Kyrie and Harden this is ballsack sports, so take it with a grain of salt. That's the one that was also quoting things that actually came true about Daryl Morey, So whatever you want to say, Kyrie. This is the quote. Kyrie beat James Harden one on one almost every day in practice, and Kyrie was barely even in basketball shape. It demoralized Harden. Things reached a breaking point when Kyrie called Harden washed after completely locking him up in one scrimmage, and assistant had to break the two up as tempers flared and the relationship spiraled down from there. Sheesh, there's just so much I don't even understand it. Another thing that was hilarious to me was that Kevin Durant had to go on national TV and basically draft his All Star team minutes after this happened. And there's two spots left, and Kevin Durant has the choice between James Harden and the pariah of the NBA in terms of popularity, Rudy Gobert. Rudy Gobert for the last. I don't know how many years has been picked last at the All Star Game. It's become a thing. It's become kind of like a a ritual, like a part of the All Star Game. Utah players always get chosen last, and Rudy Gobert is always the last pick, chosen, always, always, always, always not this time, Apparently Kevin Durant needed needed Rudy Gobert to help face this Lebron led roster. Uh and this is what he had to say, timer, first timer, Katie just needs signs right now.
Speaker 3: To me, I think.
Speaker 1: Lebron said he needed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna need some size, you know. Yeah, I need some size and a terrier. Yeah, especially with Jonas and Lebron James such great basketball this year. I need somebody all set that Rudy Gobert. I agree, I agree, I agree that worked out.
Speaker 1: That worked out nicely. Pause First, and foremost, you must google this video. This is not something that is done justice by audio because it's a screen. It's a half screen of Broun on the left and Katie on the right, and Lebron somehow procured a clipboard that he could put over his face to hide him laughing at a dead pined Kevin Durant say, yeah, I need some size for show. Uh yeah, I'm gonna take I need to have somebody just straight face. I need somebody to to guard Lebron James and Joannis Atto Coompo and all those other big boys. So yeah, I need I need Rudy Gobert and and Braun is losing it. So now Braun has to choose Harden because he's the last guy left. Here's what they have to say after.
Speaker 3: Ask my defending back. Hey, let's let's not check us. Hey, I say, hey, when somebody went out, you let him go, don't let him come back.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, KD. That's why I cut my hair off.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm going So.
Speaker 3: James Harden goes to uh Lebron James, that's the final selection, uh of the All Star.
Speaker 1: Shack? Is he can he? Is he?
Speaker 3: Is he? He hasn't played? Is he healthy?
Speaker 2: Who's that?
Speaker 1: James? He hasn't played?
Speaker 3: He's what happens if you don't?
Speaker 2: He got traded. He's healthy.
Speaker 1: Now he's missed the last three with a with a hammy. And now we know why Lebron carries a clipboard with him to the to the.
Speaker 3: Lebron my Right now he rubbings some ice hot on that thing.
Speaker 2: He's playing the next.
Speaker 3: Game, questions.
Speaker 1: Clipboard that comes in, Oh my god? Is he healthy?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 1: What happens if he doesn't play? And they just say right to his face, Yeah, he hasn't been playing because he's been trying to get the fuck out of Brooklyn, and Katie's just laughing, laughing. He's been scorned, a dynasty has been split up, and he's like, I did not care. I do not care about that man. I played with him at Oklahoma City and uh, bye bye, bitch. If you want to go, then go. So that's hilarious. From a basketball perspective, I think this is the best thing for both sides. Like you needed to get rid of Ben. Ben was rotting. James obviously didn't want to stay, and this was one of those circumstances where it was mutually assured destruction if the deal didn't go down. You needed this deal to happen. What happens for Brooklyn if James just decides to opt out of his play player option and then decide to be a free agent or force his way to be traded, and maybe by that point Ben Simmons has already gone, and so you end up with Tobias Harris, like you don't want that, You've got no leverage, right. And then for Philly, what happens if Joel embiid next year, isn't this version of Joel Embiid Joel embi right, now is playing the best basketball of his life and for the next twenty five games. I think we can we can, like realistically assume that will continue. Can I assume that that will continue next October? No, what happens if you all of a sudden gets back on the on the Hirley Temple train. What if he starts housing fifteen Shirley Temple's a night like he used to? Who knows he might break down? So okay, so you get James Harden then offseason and then who knows how that goes, and maybe you can't move him. Maybe you don't have cap space for him, Maybe nobody wants to take Tobias Harris, maybe they don't want Ben Simmons like. It was one of those situations where how rare is it for an Atlantic Division rival to help each other out, to logistically get better for both sides, for your rivals to be harder to beat come playoff time. That's how bad the situation was. They had no other moves, zero moves. And for Philly, joellenb playing his best basketball has never had a playmaker and a scorer like James in his life period. If James Harden is even a semblance of who he was when he first got to Brooklyn, or better yet, a version of what he was in Houston. And Joel and b just continues to play at the level that he's playing at now. And then you've got spreading the floor with Matisse Stibele. You've got Danny Green, You've got fur Con Cork Moss, You've got George Nang, all capable guys who can shoot, and a guy in Mattis Stibel who can help out James Harden defensively. This team is one of the most unstoppable duos two man pick and roll, pick and pop teams that you will see. Joel Embiid's most dominant in the interior, and if James is even a fraction of himself, all he has to do is be a threat to score when they go into the two man game. I love this for Philly and then for Brooklyn. I mean, this is tremendous. You get depths, you get defense, which is sorely needed. You were giving up one hundred and fifty points per game in some points, like I was seeing regularly live totals on Vegas two hundred and forty combined points. That's absolutely bonkers. And now You also get another shooter with Seth Curry, since Joe Harris is out with an ankle injury. You need that. You get also a capable backup big man and Andre Drummond, who is playing really well this year. He's been playing great as Joel Embid's backup. When Joel Embiid went down with COVID, he was averaging double figures and rebounds and double figures and points. This is a win. Plus you get two of those first round draft picks back that. If James Harden walks, you've literally given up four first rounds and four pick swabs, and you got rid of Jared Allen, and you got rid of Carrisilvert, and you got rid Oftorian prince Like. Let it be known. That would have been so bad for Sean Marks, so bad for that organization and Joe Si, a billionaire who all he wants to do is win. Would have been disastrous. So I love it. From the basketball perspective, who do I think has the best chance of winning a title? I think it just remains to be seen. I need to see the level that Ben and James are playing at and how that works with KD, and how that works with Joel before I make a prediction, but I tell you what, both sides got better. Another trade that went down that was puzzling, Christaps poor zingis for Spencer Dinwiddie and Berton's I'll just say this. All you can really take from this trade is that Luca wanted Kris Stabs the fuck out. That's that's all you need to know. Like he's like, I'll take another guy that'll shoot corner threes. That's fine. I don't care that he's a shell of himself. I'll get him the ball in his spots. I'll make sure he's comfortable. And in terms of Spencer Dinwiddie, let him and Mark Cuban talk NFTs and like they can chill. He can sit in the in the middle of the bench for all I care. He can be my backup. He can be a backup point guard. He's quite capable of scoring off the bench. We can make him a six man. I don't care. Let him be an overpaid six man because we got overpaid big and Kristaps porzingis, I do not care. A lot of people are calling this a bad trade for Dallas, but you know what, there's an old saying, if mom ain't happy. Ain't nobody happy? And in Dallas, if Luca ain't happy, nobody is happy. So that's an interesting interesting trade. Also, Ish Smith comes to Washington for Montrez Harrel Charlotte Charlotte Warrens received Montrez Harrell. Washington Wizards receive Ish Smith and Vernon Carey Jr. Interesting move, Interesting move because quite clearly owner of the Washington Wizards, ted Leonsis, has a particular type. I got no type.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: Character guys are only thing that I like. He wants to build culture in a very specific way. And I don't know what this means. How you want to read into it is up to you. But Montrez Harrow and his grill and his swag and his moves and his attitude on and off the court do not fit to what ted Leonsis wants in a player that is foreshore. Same thing with Aaron Holliday. Aaron Holliday walked out the door for cash. We'll get to that trade in a bit, But Phoenix ended up just giving him some scrill, and all of a sudden they let him go. A very capable guard who was a part of a massive trade this offseason and was seen as a lockdown defender, one of the better defenders on that team from the point guard spot. All of a sudden, Phoenix gets him for absolutely nothing for Charlotte. I love this. Montres Harrol was one of my favorite players, like one of the best backup bigs. He can play. He was a six man in the ear and you just get got rid of him because you needed a point guard for Bradley Beal, who was like, okay, ishmus Okay. He can distribute. He's a fine young player. He's having a good year in Charlotte. Good for Washington. Very strange, very very strange. Trade Derek White for Josh Richardson and Romeo Langford. Boston Celtics receive Dereck White from the San Antonio Spurs. San Antonio Spurs receive Josh Richardson, Romeo Langford a twenty twenty two first round pick, top four protection. I don't know, man, I don't know. I've thought about this a lot. This could go one of two ways. Dereck White could be the panacea, a two way player, a big bodied guard who can fit with Marcus Smart, but both of them don't shoot. Derek White makes a lot of money.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is a very interesting trade because you just gave up Boston. Boston just gave up more first round picks, and they gave up Romeo Langford, who they took very early in the draft quite recently. I'm not quite sold on that. This is what Brad Stevens said. He's been thinking about Derek White being a fit for a while now, he said, We've thought for years Derek was a really good fit with our best players. He's an excellent defender. He makes the right play on offense over and over. He's a guy that only cares about winning. He will do all of the little things. Can't quite properly evaluate this yet. I need to see it play out. This is one of those trades where you got rid of Josh Richardson, who was a very capable shooter, for a less capable shooter who could play slightly better defense, who is slightly more expensive. So how do you evaluate that. I don't fucking know. I don't know. Tatum and Brown do they become spot up shooters because my man Derek White's not shoot her, and you're one of the worst three point shooting teams. Your point guard and Marcus Smart couldn't shoot threes, can't shoot threes, then a shreoter who you got rid of didn't shoot threes. Really, so the hidden bonus, I guess is that Pritchard, who rarely played the long shrouder Peyton Pritchard point guard out of Oregon. Nice kid uh gets more minutes, so he gets to expand his role. But believe me, there are potential downsides. Here's what a recent Celtics blogger who's probably much more in the weeds on this than me, this is what he wrote about this trade. I know I'm right about it this trade. I will be right two games from now, two months from now, and two years from that now. I do not care that we ducked the luxury tax. I do not care that we've collected some trade exceptions. I do care that our current roster is worse and our future outlook is bleak. This was a disaster. Polarizing trade. We'll say polarizing trade, will say one that will make or break Brad stee Evans as a GM. And I think we'll know quite quickly how this ends up working out. Four way trade. Boom boom, boom booooo. Detroit Pistons receive Marvin Bagley the third former second pick in the draft. Current bust La Clippers receive Rodney hood Sami Ojeley. Milwaukee Bucks received Sergea Baka twenty twenty two second round pick from Detroit a twenty twenty four second round pick from Detroit. Sacramento Kings receive Dante Devincenzo, Josh Jackson, and Trey Lewles. The King somehow won this trade. Don't know how, but they did, getting Dante Devincenzo, who's probably one of my favorite players in the league. Young player twenty five years old, played at Villanova alongside McHale Bridges. The only reason he's not performing is because he's coming off of a high ankle sprain from the playoffs last year in the Miami Heat Series. And that shit, ask me, because I'm going through it as well. Nicholes Sprain's take forever to get healed, like you're still not right years later. So Dante Evincenzo is a slasher, He's a shooter. He can dunk, he can block, he can defend, He is versatile, and he works with almost any roster if he's used properly, and I think with Milwaukee they haven't been using him well. They're gonna have to pay him soon. And they're using Grayson Allen and Pat Connaton as more of a spot up shooter three point kind of role instead of a guy who's as versatile as Dante, especially since they have Drew Holliday. So I think that this fits for the Kings, makes them a lot better. Marvin Bagley gets a fresh start and he's no longer a King, which I'm sure makes Kings fans super happy. Also, the Milwaukee Bucks get a backup center. They get a backup center for Brook Lopez and brook low Lopez has been out all season with a back injury, and so what does that mean for Brook? I think it means that possibly he's had a setback or two, and if he hasn't had a setbacker two, maybe they're worried he will have a setback or two and they've got some insurance for that. And a Baka is on an expiring so if it doesn't work out and Abaka's health his strugs because he's had his own back issues as well, then they can just let him go for nothing. And Dante was gonna be going for nothing anyway, so it's kind of a win win and Also they get the Kings get Josh Jackson, who's a nice little piece. Trey Lyles, nice little piece. He's a Kentucky big man who's kind of been a disappointment, but who knows. Get a little value there, so that's nice. Also, huge trade, huge trade I need to talk about under the radar. The Suns get Tory Craig back, huge move for them moving into the playoff push as they try to repeat go back to the finals. Tory Craig, as you may remember, one of the better pieces in the rotation off the bench for the Suns in the finals and also in the semifinals. Just an incredible versatile guy who can play small five, he can play four, he can kind of play multiple positions. And they actually got him for nothing last year from the Milwaukee Bucks. Finally enough and now they get him from the Indiana Pacers for Jalen Smith. They trade their big man who's been playing great. Indiana also wins in this trade, India sneaky, great trade the trade deadline. Smith as a starter has averaged seventeen point three points on fifty eight percent shooting and nine and a half rebounds in his four starts. When DeAndre eight and Urjevil went McGee went down. That is the type of production that you could see in a starter if used correctly, which means to me that the Indiana Pacers might make him a core piece of their roster moving forward. And that also means rout row for a guy like Miles Turner, who the world is wondering, are they gonna keep them? Are they gonna not keep them? This is what Bonnie Williams says about Tory Craig. It gives us some wing, it gives us some wing depth. He's a guy that we valued last year. We really liked him from the jump. Very tough to trade Jalen, but those are tough calls to make you get emotionally tied to all of these guys. But we're excited to get Tory back. Tough decision for us to make and just a part of what we do. And like I said, the Sons also get Aaron Holliday for nothing. They literally got him for nothing, another backup guard in case campaign goes down, in case you know, my guy Landry Schamett isn't playing well, which has been basically what's been going on, and he's been injured as well. Phoenix Suns are all in on this year. They've increased depth in the center position and they've increased depth in the guard position. I tell you what sneaky moves they are getting made on the margins that helped them win it big. Let's see what else is here. Dennis Shuter goes to Houston. Dennis Shooter will probably be bought out by Houston if it doesn't quote unquote work out. And on top of that, that means most likely that the Lakers will try to get Dennis Shooter back for nothing in the buyout, which means Dennis Shooter could potentially be playing for the La Lakers where he didn't want to go for less than five million dollars when he turned down seventy four million dollars to play for them for four years or something like that. That is incredible. Imagine ending up back where you started for a quarter of the amount that you turned out. That is sad. That is sad moves. And now you gotta go back with ad who he didn't like. You gotta now play with Russell Westbrook. You most likely are gonna be competing with Lebron James, who you had friction with, and all the while Magic Johnson's gonna be tweeting away about how he always hated you and now you're back on this team. He told you you were in a winner. You weren't supposed to be back. Amazing, delicious for the tea, for the memes, incredible, incredible. Also Raptors. The Raptors made some moves. They got rid of Goran Dragich and they got Fad Young. San Antonio Spurs received Goran Draggitch at twenty twenty two first round pick lottery protected top thirteen protected in twenty twenty three, and it turns into two seconds if it's not conveyed. The Raptors get fat das Young Drew Ubanks a twenty twenty two second round pick, and boy, they wanted to get done with Goran Dragic. He's most likely going to be bought out, most likely going to head to Dallas play with Luca because they're Slovenian brothers. That's what they like. And what does that mean for Spencer Dinwiddie brought row. That's what that means. Means you better hope that Goran Dragage gets injured again. That's what that means. Raptors are on the hook for what's left of Statius Young's fourteen million. They might end up buying him out, but they might end up just keeping him around. And he's six', eight so you know he. Fits somebody said, This they, SAID i thought he was already on this. Roster.
Speaker 2: AH i love.
Speaker 1: THAT i love. That and of course the big trade are via R Vetus Demontas sabonis For Tyrese halliburton and. Healed Indiana pacers Receive, Halliburton, Healed Tristan, Thompson kings Received Demantas, Sabonis Justin, Holliday Jeremy lamb a twenty twenty three second round pick protected for number fifty six through sixty Ine and it just keeps making. Moves how do you get a guy who was completely off the? Table Tyrese haliburton was supposed to be an untradable. Piece he was supposed to be, ungettable the only guy you can't even, Touch and, somehow some, Way sabonis ends up going. THERE i love. This for The, pacers they clearly stated that they want to build this team Around. Halliburton now you've Got Chris, torte who knows what you do With Malcolm. Brogden now in the, offseason maybe you can move him BECAUSE i don't think you can use them. All you've got multiple guards that can do different, things and you probably now you have multiple picks as well from this trade getting rid Of Krris. LAVERT i love, This and now you also Get Jalen. Smith Jalen, smith you get who is a tenth pick in the draft and he has some upside and The pacers now have flexibility with him as. WELL i love. THIS i love this for both. Sides now you Get deer And fox With. Sabonis good. Stuff we talked about. ALREADY. Cj. McCollum we've already talked About Norm powell And. Portland we've already talked About Nikaile Alexander walker For Joe. Ingalls we've already talked About Kris. Lavert here's an interesting one, though Kazy Ok paula from The Miami.
Speaker 3: Heat.
Speaker 1: Yeah why is it, interesting you might, say because this is why The heat and The thunder have some of the best front offices in the, league and they run circles around everyone else because they know how to skirt the rules and they know how to make. Moves here's the. Deal Kz okpaula was a guy that The Miami heat were high. On they spent multiple second round picks to get him a couple of years. Ago didn't end up turning out, obviously will he did not pan out at all the way that they. Hoped he's barely, played so The Miami heat traded him To Oklahoma. City Oklahoma city received Kazy Ok paula And Miami heat received a twenty twenty six second. Pick Right but then they put this interesting little nugget of information into their memo that they already owe twenty twenty three through twenty twenty. Six so if you owe a first round pick to a, team but it's not but there's a level of like, one there's a level of protection that if it doesn't go, through then it goes to the next. Year you cannot trade any of those future first round picks because that might be owed To Oklahoma. City so you can't rob From peter to Pay paul, Essentially so what they did was change the protections on those picks that give The Miami heat back this year's pick and next year's, pick so they only owe a twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five to The Oklahoma City. Thunder so this year and next year they get. Themselves that's their. Own they own their own first round, picks so if they, want they can trade their own first round this year and their own first round next year with some. Maneuvering they have to do even more finagling in order to do that to then go and trade for another big free agent or another star that wants to come there or move up in the draft and get Probably paolo Ben carroll or something like. That it's. Insane The heat needed to Convert Caleb martin from a two way contract to a full contract or lose, them So apalla was gonna go anywhere he was gonna. Go apollo's draft rights cost The heat three second round picks in twenty, nineteen and that was kind of. Garbage so the real, reason LIKE i, said for this, trade by being pointed out BY, cbs is that it frees Up miami from the restrictive rules about trading first round picks due to something called The steppian rule super. Complicated because The heat already Owed Oklahoma city a protective first, rounder it freezes The heat from trading any of their future first rounders until twenty twenty, eight because it's not really known when that pick was going to. Convey so amendment of this trade Allows miami and says that the Pick miami os will not convey until at least twenty twenty, five and now they can trade their twenty twenty two or twenty twenty three. PICKS a lot of work and a lot of little maneuvering that shows you That Sam presty and Pat riley are way, ahead like things that front offices would never even know to do until guys like them do it for. Them the interesting, thing, finally there's so much to get to we're not going to get to it. All BUT i do want to say that what's fascinating to me about this trade deadline is the trades they didn't go. Through the trades that didn't go through mean probably more than the trades that. Did. One everybody was talking About Jeremy. Grant Jeremy, Grant Jeremy. Grant Jeremy grant was the bell of the ball for. Months turns Out detroit Likes Jeremy grant enough that the only way that they were gonna get rid of him was with two first round, picks and on top of, That Jeremy grant has one more year left on his contract and he wants like one hundred and fifteen million dollar deal for four. Years that's a lot of fucking. Money and for people who Think Jeremy grant might be available in two, years what DO i want to give him two first round picks for? Him i'll just go and get him myself because you're not going to probably pay him. That so nobody ended up making that, deal And detroit is sitting there With Jeremy grant and they end up probably getting. Nothing but Also Troy, weaver THE gm of The Detroit, pistons Recruited jeremy to go. There they have a good. Relationship Jeremy grant wants to play for a BLACK, gm he's publicly stated, that And detroit is on the. Rise so what happens To Jeremy. Grant Does portland go out and try to get him in free? Agency Does portland give one first round pick For Jeremy grant to get his? Rights is that how they end up doing? It is that what's in store for? Them all very very interesting. MOVES i thought that was. Fascinating John collins was supposed to come To. Washington, Meanwhile Bradley beal was it having wrist surgery day during the trade, deadline woke up and found, out like the Fresh prince of Bel air that everybody was. Gone spence was, Gone montrez was, Gone everybody's. Gone where'd they go into the either? Boom and Now Bradley beal is stuck with players that he probably doesn't go to play. With, well he's off for the rest of the. Year he's a free, agent who. Knows so that's. Fascinating John collins was supposed to be. There they couldn't find a third team to make that trade, happen and Now washington is in. Purgatory The, lakers The, Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. LAKERS i said this today to someone who asked me about THE. NBA i believe it was The Rochester radio, network and they, said how do you feel about The lakers losing to Your? Blazers AND i, said, WELL i would love the joy and satisfaction and happiness THAT i get from watching my favorite team. Succeeding but we're pushing p of, course but a close, second a close second is watching The lakers. Fail LIKE i get, It like ninety percent of the joy THAT i get from watching The blazers, succeed AS i do from watching The lakers. Fail so this is kind of all a. Half you, know my team's never gonna succeed, anytime probably in my prime of my. Life i'll probably be in a wheelchair by the time we're. Contending BUT i know The lakers are gonna be in trouble for a long. TIME i can soak this up and enjoy this and the fact that they didn't make one, move and the fact that they could have made a move and they idiotically did not make a. Move here's what the trade, was. Folks houston Offered John wall to The La. Lakers all you had to do was Trade Russell westbrook and trade you're twenty twenty seven twenty twenty seven first round. Pick and The lakers said. No Apparently John wall looks really good right. Now he can, shoot he can, play, make he can even defend a little. Bit he's, fast and he can speed up and slow, down Unlike Russell, westbrook who can only speed. Up AND i tell you, what he's really good around the. Rim he probably is a much better fit Than russ right, now just as. Expensive but because The lakers didn't want to give a first round pick that's in five years from. Now they decided to stay pat and continue to spiral. Downward just, Remember Lebron james will be a free agent two years from. NOW i do not think this team is going to contend because that's the same period The Russell westbrook becomes a free. Agent AND i think that deal was the only way you could have gotten it. Done here's what it was supposed to. Be, Actually Taylor Horton tucker in that trade as. Well apparently they maybe would have done the deal For Eric gordon as well With John wall that would have changed the. Team but apparently that was just a bridge too far for The. Lakers this is What clutch points just. Dropped Rob polinka said that there was alignment between, Him Lebron Anthony davis to not make a. Move and that's a. Lie that's a. LIE i am told from a source familiar With lebron in, eighties thinking that this is quote totally. False there was no conversation between the three On. Thursday Rob polinka continues to impress there Is you think that there's like nothing more he can do to make himself look any, worse.
Speaker 2: And then he does. It who can do?
Speaker 1: That it's like, impressive you had one one, Chance like you know how when you're on a chess board and like you've got one move or it's, checkmate like you've got one possible move to get yourself back to, life and then you don't do. It That's Rob polinka all the, time, though all the, time and, somehow like the chess board has a shift where there's another one move and he just won't make. It he's determined to let this franchise. FAIL i swear To, GOD i cannot wait to Dvr Lebron james's nest press next press conference when they ask him about, this Because lebron just got beaten by The Portland, trailblazers who are a shell of. Themselves they literally have. Nobody Mike boeman called us an mc douaa. Team he said that on national television and we beat The lakers With Anthony davis And Lebron. James Lebron james, SAID i need some wine and a night's. Sleep we need are not on the same level as The Milwaukee bucks. Delicious we will not be on the same level with The Milwaukee, bucks and they basically signaled that they wanted to make a, move and then and Then Rob plinkett comes out here and tries to parade a lie in front of us and, say, oh we were all, aligned and that is fucking. FALSE i cannot, Wait. Lakerland the jolly THAT i, need THAT i am eating and becoming satisfied from of your failure is enough to keep me satiated from now until my, eighties when when The blazers find their way to getting the next gave me a lila that they can not build. Around apparently there was another trade that was on the, Table sabonis For. Ayton What Zach lowe reports that The suns And pacers had discussions about, It Sabonis DeAndre ayton. Trade The pacers And Phoenix suns had a brief dialogue Around sabonis and ate and multiple sores of say it did not get full far, Pause, yeah Because DeAndre aiden's a much better player defensive fleet Than, Sibonis like what are we talking? About but mostly informal and broadly exploratory and aimed at the future rather than anything. Now no formal offer was ever. Made The king's coming With haliburton rendered everything else. Moot The sons not immediately hanging up the phone and tossing it off of a high story. Window even in the off, season, though is something to think. About i'll tell you what useuf nurkic for. Aidon ahh, boy oh.
Speaker 2: BOY i don't hate.
Speaker 1: That i'm just. Saying i'm just SAYING a girl can. DREAM i. CAN'T i girl can. Dream that's all the time that we have for The Heat. Check will be Back monday with a new. Episode please don't forget to, download. Subscribe tell all your, friends every damn one of, them follow us at the This This Heat check Interested craick on TikTok. Man he's in goods lining hard to talk about it. Is it is a stunning phenomenon on them as we get through these. Episodes thank you so much for joining me my Friend Back. Monday damn, damn, damn damn.
Speaker 2: DAMN a