Speaker 1: You want from Los Angeles and PHP Hilton one and only, world famous.
Speaker 2: Corez Perez Hilton.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Welcome to the p HP. I'm booker, that's press. What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, first I have to explain what's going on. You're getting an episode from us today Friday. Yes, this most likely is going to be shorter than a normal episode due to our schedules. We're trying something different and hey, who knows, maybe you might like this. Let us know. We want your feedback as always eight hundred seventy one one one eight five. Today we are talking the biebers Jennifer Lopez, Cardi b Britney Spears, and Taylor Swift. But first let's start off with you. Are you able to talk about this you interviewed Billy?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, not really. I can be very general and say yes I did, and more to come. How about that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And I've heard the new album. I think it's fantastic. It's so much more than we've been given before. It's so different.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us anything sonically?
Speaker 1: The first single, well, she released the track list and it's not really gonna be well, there's gonna be a single, you know what I mean? Like she's releasing the entire album at once, with no pre releases, no tastes, no nothing. But I think the first song that everybody is gonna play, I think is a strong contender for Song of the Summer.
Speaker 2: Oh is it an up tempo song.
Speaker 1: Very very up tempo, and it's very good. Here's the thing. Think back to the eighties to like I Want Your sex Ooh yeah, when a song comes out and makes everybody talk about a song, that's what's going on. I think a lot of people are gonna be talking about this song so much Perez that I'm wondering how it gets played.
Speaker 2: It's too shocking.
Speaker 1: Let's just leave it at a tease for that, because everybody's gonna get it next week.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, I'm excited to hear it, and I think I loved the Barbie song what I was made for. But I'm excited and I think she it's smart of her to have done something up tempo, different, So very curious to hear more with me. Yesterday was my daughter's golden birthday. Mia turned nine on the ninth, and she had a lovely time here. I can't believe she's not I know, I know, I mean, Perez, we.
Speaker 1: Were doing this show and I remember you leaving to go pick her up, you know, I remember that. I mean that feels like yesterday. That was nine.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: We had this company called Fiesta Cart come over and set up in my backyard and had a little pancake party for her and it was just it's good times, a little low key and fabulous. All right, let's get right to it, speaking of going to pick up babies, babies are having babies, but actually not really. Justin Bieber is thirty years old.
Speaker 1: No he's not.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's not that teenager that you remember. Thirty now he is thirty. Yes, I remember.
Speaker 1: There's another I remember I was at a you know, Universal studio. They have that city Walk. They have this whole like outdoor stage kind of thing, and he performed on that outdoor stage. If you can imagine a show so small for people in the general public. And that's the day I met that kid. And I mean I mean kid, he was probably what fourteen, So I mean this is right when I moved to Los Angeles. So it's yeah, fourteen, fifteen years ago, and it's it's you know, reading the headline that he's going to be a dad. But then here and you say he's thirty, Like, I can't believe he's thirty. Where do the years ago?
Speaker 2: Well, I told our listeners a week ago or Monday's show that this one radio DJ on Sirius was reporting exclusively that Hayley Bieber was pregnant, and I thought that was interesting because the world of entertainment news has changed and evolved. And you know, I remember getting so much flak for revealing Bethany Frankel's pregnancy before she was ready on Real Housewives. She talked about that and how upset she was and yeahd YadA, YadA.
Speaker 1: You still think that's a bad look though, right when it's not your announcement. It's not like a DJ as TMZ. No one's looking for me to go on and break this news. I still kind of think it's their news to break when it comes to having a kid.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't do it anymore, but that female DJ had no problem with it.
Speaker 1: Well that's sexist. If you did it, they'd burned down the fucking internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no shit. It's been interesting, though, like the response that the Bieber pregnancy news has gotten has not been overwhelmingly positive, Like there's been a lot of haters out there. Oh yeah, you know, people worried that he's not in a mentally well enough space to take care of a child. And I'm like, hello, people, this baby's gonna have thirty nannies, okay, ten baby nurses his own personal chef or her own personal chef. And not only is Justin Bieber thirty years old, he and Hayley have been married since twenty eighteen. They've been together a long time now as husband and wife, and they take their marriage seriously. They even shared these videos and photos of them seemingly renewing their vows and showing off the baby bump. So I think this is only a positive and I'm pretty sure I talked about this maybe on the Patreon, if not on the regular show. I was aware that they had been trying for a long time. Actually, I'll take it a step further. Here's how I know. Somebody I know saw Haley at this fertility specialist. So they had been trying to get pregnant for a while, and as it happens for some, if not a lot of women, it can take a while and it is always an easy journey. So they've been trying to get pregnant for a while, and I'm happy that they're finally gonna have their first child or children, maybe even twins, because I'm gonna guess they had help in vitro, you know, at the fertility specialists, and oftentimes.
Speaker 1: More than I was just gonna mention that, you know, like my sister in law she had quadruplets.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, a lot of people.
Speaker 1: When you get on fertility drugs, you often get more than one. So let's keep an eye out on that.
Speaker 2: Quadruplets.
Speaker 1: Holy well they lost one, which sucks. But uh yeah four Wow, there was three girls and the boy, and the boy didn't make it.
Speaker 2: Oh. The fascinating thing about a huge pop culture event like the met Gala is that it continues to generate headlines days after the red carpet and festivities took place. There's this one video that I'm sure you've seen of Jennifer Lopez that went very viral. Did you see the video?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: Indeed, Okay, I'll recap.
Speaker 1: People have seen it. She's seemingly brushing someone.
Speaker 2: No, no, not seeing not at all all. Right, let me recap what happened. She was walking up the stairs in this really tight and heavy.
Speaker 1: Dress, looking like she was having some difficulty.
Speaker 2: Yes, And this one person asked her whom she was wearing, and Jlo turned around and said Scaparelli and then kept going up the stairs, trying not to fall and embarrass herself. And people thought that Jlo was being rude. Rude, in my opinion, would have been ignoring the question or not even making eye contact. She answered the question and looked at the journalist while trying not to eat floor. You know, I think it's as simple as that. I mean, do we still have this expectation of people, and especially women, that they need to give an answer the smile, and if they don't give an answer the smile, they're a bitch? Like one more thing, one more thing? Like was Jennifer Lopez's tone warm and fuzzy? Fuck?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But was she rude? No, They're two separate things.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So let me play Devil's Advocates. So she is the chair of the event and the person that asked her the question was in a position on the carpet, meaning was there to get interviews and clearly needed something from Jennifer Lopez, the person that's in charge. Okay, she is the chair of the whole event, is the mouthpiece for the gala, and look the carpet person, the person that's doing the interviewing. I do understand, Hey, you know she's kind of tripping there and having a little bit of problem with that. However, she does need her for the interview, so she's doing anything she can to like, Hey, what are you wearing? Please come look at me because I need you for my piece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there are so many reporters there and j Lo obviously didn't give that one and every single person there an interview.
Speaker 1: That's the thing though, I mean, if you have a spot on that carpet, maybe you should.
Speaker 2: No, that doesn't mean you're guaranteed to speak to everything.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean you're guaranteed, but you should, is my point. If you're on that carpet and you're the chair and you're walking it and you're.
Speaker 2: You know, how much media is there that would have taken her.
Speaker 1: No, there's not, actually, Perez, there isn't there's a finite amount of people that have microphones and cameras that are there to do the interviews. There's not that many. There's probably maybe twenty five positions.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: So what she's the chair? Well, listen, if it was a random person. By the way, this is just me poking holes in it. I just think if this was just if this was Cardi b Okay, fine, okay. But she is there to be the mouthpiece of the event. That's all that I'm saying.
Speaker 2: She's one of many. Are you having the same expectation of every single chair like Zdaya.
Speaker 1: I think in that position, you put your hand up and you said I take the job, and she took the job.
Speaker 2: I don't even think Zindaiya gave interviews and she was another co chair yeh, Zndaia didn't give interviews because instead she went and changed her entire outfit and makeup.
Speaker 1: As I talked, to give us even more Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So did she fail her job as a co chair by not giving interviews?
Speaker 1: It's fair, listen, it's fair. Was she being snarky y?
Speaker 2: No, she was not being snarky like I said. It was not a warm tone, but she was distracted and she was focused on not falling while walking up the stairs. Whatever. In other met Gala news that has gone viral after our last show recording, Cardi B had one job to do and she couldn't even do it.
Speaker 1: Well, Okay, the.
Speaker 2: Oscars, it's all about recognizing great work by filmmakers, you know, actors, cinematographers, directors. The Grammys all about celebrating the work of people in the music industry. But the met Gala is about the designers and the crafts people that make the fashion. It's about the fashion. It's not about you. It's not about anything other than the people involved in the fashion industry. She was invited as a guest of this one designer who spent countless hours and had so many people on his team make her dress. And then when Cardi B was interviewed by Vogue and asked who made her dress, she said, I'll amazing, it's this amazing designer. They're Asian and everything, so yeah, she couldn't even remember the designer's name. Afterwards, she made a video trying to explain what happened, and she said that she was overwhelmed and uncomfortable and the designer had a difficult name to pronounce. And she instead said that, Okay, a couple of things. One, I don't think the designer had an extremely difficult name to pronounce the designer's name is Shen Shen Lee. But maybe it's difficult for Cardi to pronounce. If that's the case, I believe it's her job as his guest and an attendee at the biggest night of fashion, to have brought her publicist or handler over and said, what's the name of my designer? Gotten it and then shared it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But you know what, she didn't do that. Okay, when she made this fucking video trying to explain things, she didn't apologize, And she didn't even use that video to share the designer's name in her fucking video. She could have mentioned the designer, did she know?
Speaker 1: Well, I've been very vocal about my opinions of Cardi b I'm just gonna go back to the first thing. You said, you have one job. That's it. I mean, if you can't learn one person's name before you go out to do that, you shouldn't be invited back ever, Like you just should not be on that carpet because you're dead right. That's what this is about. You can't get that person's name right, Shen Shen Lee, I got it, you just said it once.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 1: I remember you asked me in a week. I'll probably remember that name. It's a cool name too, that's.
Speaker 2: The thing, Like, Okay, she didn't remember how to pronounce it. She probably she probably just forgot the name, totally fair. I get it. You forgot the name exactly. That's when I said it, not a big deal, you forgot the name.
Speaker 1: She is no class none.
Speaker 2: Also going viral on the Megala red carpet days after the event, Kara de Levine, the British supermodel and actress. She raised a lot of eyebrows with her behavior, with fans speculating that she was on drugs during the red carpet, which would not be shocking. You know, a lot of some models, fair amount whatever that means, enjoy partaking in a wide variety of drugs. But Kara has struggled public cascy.
Speaker 1: She's got well documented problems, and she's talked about this. Yeah, and I hope that's not the case. But look, that is a bit of theater being out there as well. So I don't know what theater she was trying to do. So in her defense because I don't know, and I didn't see any of this.
Speaker 2: I did, and I'll explain, and you can watch the clip and everything that I'm about to say happened. She kept touching her dress, fidgeting with it. She could have been nervous, okay, but she kept touching. Not just her dress, she kept touching. She touched Ross Matthew's hand, She touched Ed Sheeran's tie. She was very touchy. TecTile touched her nose. It was fidgety, lacking in focus. Like at one point Ross was trying to talk to her, and she started having a side conversation with Ed Sheeran. A lot of behavior that, Yeah, it could have just been uncomfortable. It could have been nerves and or it could have been drugs or alcohol. However, she says, thank you for your concern, and I have been two years, nearly two years clear, which I like that expression actually instead of clean, clear, that's she said clear. I like that because it implies, you know, saying clean is like it implies you were dirty before, but clear means you were not clear before, but now you are clear.
Speaker 1: To me, it seems like a lane at the airport.
Speaker 2: But okay, I like it, so sending her positive vibes all right. Last night, Taylor Swift resumed her Eras tour and she listened to me. Finally, she did what I wanted from the very beginning. She made so many changes it's almost a new show, but not really.
Speaker 1: I'd said that she's going to do that because she released a TV special. I mean, you can't go out there and do the exact same show after you've released it to the public. She owes it to those people that bought tickets.
Speaker 2: She took some songs out, she changed the orders of section of eras, a ton of new costumes and an entire new era. She did six or seven songs from the Tortured Poets department, and that was my favorite part of the show. They were so amazing, especially because she obviously chose like some of the best songs and the most dramatic songs. But Daddy, I love him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good song.
Speaker 2: And like just the production, like with Fortnite, they built this ginormous bed and it elevated those songs to a whole other level. Like I'm obsessed with every single song she did from the Tortured Chorus Department and what I said she should have done from the very beginning. She combined and made them simultaneously. The folklore and evermore eras, which she did not do when she originally toured this show.
Speaker 1: Oh she didn't.
Speaker 2: No, they were each their own independent eras, separate, so there was something in between.
Speaker 1: It's like oh no, no, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like there it's it's like the time for everybody to go pee and buy your food or buy merchant.
Speaker 1: The time I would pay attention, see, I would be peeing during Well, no, some of those songs are great, Feeling twenty two or whatever.
Speaker 2: But she she got rid of like the good album tracks and just kept like the best songs from Folklore evermore. And I kinda go see the show again, but I'm too cheap. I've got to figure out a way to either get to Miami or Vancouver or New Orleans.
Speaker 1: You can go to Indianapolis. They got a show.
Speaker 2: I want to really go to Vancouver for like the last show. And also I've never been to Vancouver, so Canadian Tourism Board hit me up.
Speaker 1: I went to Vancouver once and it was to interview Ben Affleck, but apparently he was at a strip club the night before and that news broke and I got all the way to Vancouver and was in a car on my way to the interview and they turned me around and I went back to fucking New York. Imagine flying oh the way to Vancouver, remember that whole scandal.
Speaker 2: I mean you still got paid though I did.
Speaker 1: I got paid to fly first class to Vancouver, and all I saw was snow. I didn't see shit, but snow. It was like it was so white, that's all I remember. That city, like the most white in a space I'd ever seen.
Speaker 2: I've got to go. I want to go. I gotta. I'll hit up Michael Bublea like, hey, let's hang bro, or I'll go. Sarah maclachlin lives on an island, Vancouver Island. I've got to go visit, all right, one last story and then we'll take some calls, Okay, sad news, sad news on the Patreon show or Monday's Show, No Monday's I don't remember now. Anyways, we've been dis chronicling and discussing Britney Spears recently. There's been a lot going on there after everything that happened with her. I'll say it even you know, I can. I have to be honest, even though I'm kinder. Her new boyfriend's a loser. After everything that happened with her new Loser boyfriend Britney Spears, was spotted with him out in public. They were photographed by the paparazzi going for a joy ride in her Mercedes Benz around Thousand Oaks, where she lives. So, you know, despite the fight and the drama and the fact that he's married and according to his wife, cheated on her with Brittany and that he's got ten children, yeah, they're still going strong. And also some intellectually challenged people are speculating that this guy, he's just a paid handler. He's Brittany. Do you really think somebody would pick that winner to be a paid handler out of fucking sam is Gary that's a paid handler, Okay, but this winner him, of all people, to be a paid handler.
Speaker 1: Come on, Yeah, you might be onto something there.
Speaker 2: Get it together, call outs, we want to hear from you. Eight hundred seven to one one eight five.
Speaker 4: Pay for a pay booker. I want to just stay anonymous. I want to say anonymous. I see a picture of Lizzo and from met Galadres and she looks at being ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: And somebody made a comment about saying she looks like a coffee filter, which she does, And she came right back and said, if you don't like, if I'm not your best, just your fat phobic. It's like, the fuck are you talking about? You literally look like a coffee filter. Get over yourself.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: And also, oh, I love you guys, have a night day.
Speaker 1: Good call.
Speaker 2: It didn't remind me of a coffee I mean, I could see that, but actually it also reminded me of loomy air from Beauty and the Beast, like she was giving chandelier vibes. Also, it was it was not a good look.
Speaker 1: All right, another call?
Speaker 3: Well, hello, guys, this is Kafy calling from Ohio. I talk to you guys in a very very long time. Perez, I love you, you know that I do.
Speaker 1: But I just.
Speaker 3: Can't believe the comments about those your cat persons, that wraps about fucking Wiener and all that stuff. Come on your precious children, you would really take them to concert? Yeah, I just think you need to rethink that. And Booker, I miss you and I love you both. I just wanted to know, is anybody else out there outraged by the music that's being played in twenty twenty four? Come on out, let's bring back some decency.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love you fight some decency in music that's no fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would. I mean it wouldn't be like my go to. Like if I was gonna go see Dojacat in concert, I would first probably take a friend. But I don't know, Like if my eleven year old says, I love Doja cac you take me the Dojacat for my birthday. If it was like that kind of request, I'd be like, sure that it's a great birthday present. I ever can take you to Dojacat for your birthday. It's not my first go to. It's not like, Okay, I'm gonna take it out of anybody. I can take them to take my kids. No, but I'm not against it. If like my kids like please this is what I I want this so bad, Okay, fine, I'll take you.
Speaker 1: I don't think if I had a kid, i'd take my kid to dodge a cat. I'm sorry, I think that's maybe fifteen or older. I don't know anything under ten gonna see that show? No thanks, I would pass on that.
Speaker 2: Well, gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening, everybody. We're going to have another show on Monday. Hopefully you enjoyed it and we need some calls too. By the way, eight hundred and.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend. We love you.