Speaker 1: The Season with Peter Schrager is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. All Right, what's up, everybody? This is The Season with Peter Schriker. Greetings from Detroit, Michigan in a hotel room. Still, Aaron wan Kaufman is joining me. We are literally two inches away from each other.
Speaker 2: Aaron, this is the closest we've ever been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been away from each other for a long time. A lot of remote ones, had a lot of remote podcasts. All right, So part one was me emptying the notebook, and I think there's a lot of good information in that one. If I still was writing and I was on a website, I would have done a huge article with all that stuff and it would have gone bananas because I think there's a lot of good information. So go find that and it will help inform you on how your team is going to look. And then this is going to be a separate podcast. This is my mock draft. And I think if we simply put the title of this one as Peter's final mock draft and then parentheses for now in parentheses, Yeah, how about Peter's final twenty twenty four mock draft? Parentheses for now. I think that's what it is. Because we're recording this at four o'clock Eastern, and I promise you I have you guys were here, I have multiple multiple g I'm gonna show you, Aaron. This is just from a this. Look at this list of names. These are big names here. These are guys these texting me. What do you got? What do you think? What do you So? This is at a four o'clock but it might change. Am I allowed to do that? This is content moment in time? Yeah? All right, So it's two point zero final at Asterix. All right, number one. The Bears will select Caleb Williams USC quarterback. I think this one is a done deal, the same way Trevor Lawrence, Andrew Locke, Peyton Manning have been done deals in the past two As I described in my previous part one of today's two podcasts. I think it is Jaden Daniels. I said I'd put my name on it. I don't know. If I put it an ink, I'd probably say I'm ninety ten On this one. I'm gonna say Jaden Daniels to Washington. Everything smooths over, and he is the next quarterback of the Commanders. Number three, the New England Patriots. I go, Drake May. The analogy once again, if you don't listen to the first part. The analogy for me with the Patriots is this, You've got a beautiful house at the end of the block. It's a gorgeous mansion, and it has a for sale sign on and people do. You'd see cars pulling up and seeing this mansion, and they've walked through it and they never sell the house. But they like being flattered. They like being told how much they can sell the house for. They like hearing the They're not selling the house. It's their dream house. They spent the last three years building this thing. They're not going to just sell it. And they get a new mortgage and figure it all out and refinance. No, it all right. That was really deep cut real estate talk there. I've got the Patriots that can, Drake May. At three four, the Arizona Cardinals select Marvis Harrison Junior, three picks in the top thirty five. At some point you have to start fielding a team. What you've heard is right that Maniasapfort said he doesn't want to hear any trade offers. Is he even engaging in that stuff until the day of which is tomorrow. Well that's good because I don't know if there's any pick or package that is worthy of them getting out of taking Marvin Harrison at four. Now we get interesting. All right, this could all change. I'm telling you by the time I put my final final, final thing is going to be whatever goes online tonight and whatever's on Good Morning Football in the morning. But as of right now, fifth overall, I have the LA Chargers taking. I'm going back and forth on what I would say. Right now, all the Chargers do not trade, the Chargers keep the pick, and the Chargers select J. C. Latham. I love that out of Alabama.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it on the first episode, but I love all the JAC Latham talking.
Speaker 1: It's out of nowhere. It's why the process is so good. I've got him going fifth overall to the Chargers. Okay, we've got to change my right I'm doing this for my word doc, and I got to change the right Oak. So you know, screw it. I've heard enough JC Latham rumors. Let's go with it. Six giants, This WI knock you on your ass now. Andrew Siciliano, my dear former colleague now donfl network. But still my friend came out with this beauty. JJ McCarthy just told the Rich Eyesen Show that he spent his most time in the pre draft process with the Giants. Okay, so Giants fans realize they're not wasting your time. They're doing it. But I don't have them taking JJ McCarthy. That means Joe Alt is on the table that is a perfect fit for the Giants. But Joe all one side, take Andrew Thomas on the other. You move Evan Kneel inside and you've got a brick wall. They're not taking Joel Okay, Well, then they're gonna take Melik Neighbors, who is in many eyes, the best wide receiver in this draft he can compete with. They're not taking Molik Neighbors with the sixth overall pick. I got the New York Giants tacking Roma Dutensay out of Washington. Let's go. I don't have a single person at the Giants organization telling me they like Roma dounsay. I don't even know if they've met with Roma Donsay. This is from various connecting of dots and that they need a wide receiver and I don't think they're a neighbors team. I just don't, so I'm gonna go roma dunsay. And that's one where Giants fans live and die by my word, because I had a lot of Giants picks right over the last couple of years. I'm telling you, guys, I'm guessing here and until I update it tonight or change it, this one, to me is one of those where you connect the dots and you say, a dounsay is all world, all everything. He can be a number one wide receiver. He checks every box person wise, checks every box health wise. Giants get a cornerstone. They get their wide receiver. A dounsay at six, which leads to seven. The Tennessee Titans do like Joe Alt. I can tell you that the Tennessee Titans really like Malik Neighbors. I could tell you that Tennessee Titans also might really like J. C. Latham. You have three different players right there. You're sitting there at seven. I currently have the Tennessee Titans as the team that trades out of the seventh overall pick, and I have them moving back just four spots, and I've got the Minnesota Vikings moving up to seven Minnesota selecting JJ McCarthy. My connection there the gms ran Carthon and Quaciadofo Mensa. They have a long history together. They worked at San Francisco together. There's a relationship there. Tennessee does not have to move back all the way. They could still get one of these top offensive alignment or potentially a wide receiver if they fall, and they also get to trade with a team that's outside the conference, so I don't have to face this guy in the playoffs. And if you're Minnesota, what would the compensation be. So this is where it's interesting. I think if you move up four spots, it's the eleventh pick, and it's not the twenty third pick. It's a bunch of future things. And I say that as like whatever, we could figure that out first round or second round or whatever it is. It's probably a first round pick over the next two drafts, but it's at least the eleventh and it's not the twenty third. That's the key thing. Minnesota holds on to the twenty third, they still get JJ McCarthy. I said this earlier today. I think that the Vikings like Drake may more than JJ McCarthy I think they like Michael Pennix. I think they've got McCarthy above Penix. I think the order would be Drake May bit of a gap, JJ McCarthy, less of a gap, Michael Pennox. That's how I see it. So do they have the courage to just sit and hold tight at eleven and take Pennix if McCarthy's off the board. Maybe, And that might be how my mock draft finishes up, no joke. I might have the Raiders or the Broncos trade up and get McCarthy when it's all said and none. But for now, let's go seven Minnesota to McCarthy. Eight Atlanta Dallas Turner, defensive end Alabama. I don't see them taking another wide out and Neighbors is on the board. I don't see them taking another tight end Bowers on the board. I don't see them going offensive line. I see them taking the best pass rusher Dallas Turner to Atlanta. Now we get real crazy. Number nine is the Chicago Bears. They've already taken Kayleb Williams that do not have a second round pick. I have a trade, all right, this is hard to follow, Aaron. I've got the Indianapolis Colts moving up from fifteen to nine, and you're thinking it's neighbors, it's actually Brock Bowers. Ooh, I love that.
Speaker 2: A great, like incredible pass catcher for your young quarterback who has shown promise but probably needs a little bit more of a reliable receiver than just Wow, Pitman, Pittman, piers right, Josh Down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice job. And I was gonna forard about Josh Downs. Yeah, I so did the Colts late in the season. Yeah, okay, you must have had it on your fantasy team. We go Brock Bowers here. I'm a fan, that's the thing. Like, I'm a fan of football. I've been hearing about Rock Bowers for three years. He's the cleanest prospect. Everyone tells me this. It's Doonsay and Bowers are the cleanest, meaning no red flags, medical, no red flags the tape, no red flags, any of the workouts, nothing. Brock Bowers goes top ten and they get him before the Jets, which everyone tells me the Jets are like the backstop for Brock Bowers. So then what number ten? The New York Jets. And I've had the New York Jets pick right the last several years. So everyone is listening, like, who's he got for the Jets, I said brock Bowers the first time around. Aaron, here's where the New York Jets, with the tenth overall pick, take Maleek Neighbors out of LSU. So the Giants go with Donsay, the Jets go Neighbors with all these offensive line and like, look, Joe Douglas might want to trade back, they might want to take fu Wanga. They might do. I'm gonna go New York Jets. At the end of the day, Woody Johnson and Aaron Rodgers say, if that Malik Neighbors is on the board, get me Mylak Neighbors. Tennessee's at eleven, they're sitting there. They take Joe Alt, who might be the best prospect in this entire draft, the cleanest prospect. Now we're all over the board, right, I mean, Tennessee still gets Joe Wall at eleventh overall and picks up a future first. Sounds pretty good. I'll have to update my right up there. Bronco's at twelve. I'm tempted to just give them bo Nicks here, but I'm gonna go offensive line. I'm gonna go Tali. That's what I'm told. Tali fu Wanga out of Oregon State. Tally is what Field Theates told us. He goes by right, Tali, Tali Fuanga. It doesn't make a lot of sense on paper because they already have mclinchy. But mclinchy's contract is nearly up and they signed him last year. I'm sorry, Bowls is nearly up. So whatever it is, I just add him. You move Fuwanga to guard and you get one of the top guys, and that's that. Now the question is do I change that between tonight and tomorrow? Do I have them moving up and going and getting JJ McCarthy instead of the Vikings. Maybe I've got to do more calls on this. Do I have them taking bo Nicks? Maybe? Whatever? For now, Fuaga to the Broncos Raiders at thirteen, I don't know what the hell to do with them. None of my sources in Vegas can confirm that they like Michael Pennox, but everyone else around the league tells me they love Michael Pennix. I've got relationships with guys in Vegas. I've asked them. They won't tell me. So what do I do? Raiders take Michael Pennix fourteen Saints. I go with offensive tackle Olu Fashanu penn State fifteen is now the Bears. I have them going defensive tackle Byron Murphy out of Texas. I told you in the last podcast and the Empty and the Notebook. I think his stock is rising at the right time. Bears trade out of nine. They miss out on Neighbors, they miss out on Bowers, they miss out on a lot of these tackles, including Joe Alt. Now that we're looking at it, which is crazy. Wow, Maybe I wouldn't have them trade if Joe Alt on the board. Ooh, that's tempting. Anyway, they got a second round pick, and instead they pick up Byron Murphy out of Texas. Sixteen. We got a trade Aaron Seahawks trade out, Eagles trade up. Eagles take Terry and Arnold out of Alabama. Cornerback seventeen Jaguars. This one's fun Jaguars. I've got the Jaguars going with Xavier Worthy, the burner. He's the fourth wide receiver off the board. At one point, I was like, I don't know if he's still the first round pick. I've got Worthy going to the Jaguars. They were left at the altar when Calvin Ridley left. They picked up a big boy and Gabe Davis. Now they get a burner. I think this is higher than anyone else has. Xavier Worthy. I got them going seventeen to the Jaguars.
Speaker 2: And is the fourth wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Fourth wide receiver taken. All right, eighteen is the Bengals. I've got them going Quinion Mitchell Corner out of Toledo. They stay local, they get an outstanding athlete, and Mitchell stays in the state of Ohio and plays for coach loua and Roumo, who is one of the best defensive backs coaches in the history of the game. All Right, now we're at nineteen. This is where we get more trades. I said it multiple times. I think the Rams are going to take an offensive player at their first pick. Chean McVay has never made a first round pick. I don't think it comes here. I think the Rams trade out. I have a trade partner. I've got the Kansas City Chiefs moving up and going from thirty two to nineteen, swapping their second rounder. Also, they give their first and their second. I tell me, let's stop right here before I tell you what they're taking. Are all these trades annoying you think if you're listening, or all these trades fun?
Speaker 2: I love this, and especially because I think there's been a lot of talk over the past couple of weeks about trades in the top ten. And yes, you know, like the Cardinals not even wanting to engage in trade talks until tomorrow morning means maybe nothing happens there. And so the idea of there being so many trades from nine to twenty five is incredible because usually like the middle of the first round, like it might slow down a little bit. But if there's this much movement, I mean you saw you can't see me because it's a podcast, but I am perking up every time you say a trade, because here I am in this fantasy of this you know, final mock draft for now of like, oh, are the Bills moving up for Bryant's job? So like and maybe you know the fact that like there's so much movement in late again and.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna interrupt you, I might have the Broncos moving up to nine instead of it. It might all change. I'm just telling you there's gonna be trades and there's gonna be maneuvering and the JJ McCarthy thing is a huge trigger. But also all of these kind of spots in the corner. So like I have the Eagles trading up to get Terry and Arnold, Well, that's because he's the top corner on the board and he's falling in this mount draft to sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's that's part of it, is like so much talk about quarterbacks, so much talk about wide receivers, and there's gonna be great offensive line guys who are falling. There's gonna be great cornerbacks like Quiney on Mitchell at eighteen. I mean, I don't know. I think this is oh and yeah, I love how many trades you have sort of going in this middle of the red.
Speaker 1: Thank you nineteen Chiefs. They take Amarus Mims, offensive tackle out of Georgia, just a monster. Zeus Brown obviously has moved on. They've had a lot of different movement at the tackle position over the last several years. Amarius Mims is an absolute monster. And if I'm being honest, I could see the Rams being not only a trade back team at nineteen, a multiple trade back team. The Rams they love, love love to score on Day two in Day three, and if you look at their success rate over the last couple of years, they have nailed a bunch. Their whole team has been built that way. I don't think it's out of the question that they just trade out of the first round. So let's have the Rams trading out, the Chiefs trading up, which leaves the Steelers at twenty our fifth wide receiver, take and I go. Brian Thomas wide receiver out of LSU. Excellent player. And the one thing I would say with Pittsburgh, and I've noticed before when they made that trade to get Russell Wilson, and then they made that trade, they signed Russell, they traded traded Russell and also traded for Justin Field and they signed They signed Russ They've traded for justin Field. Everyone in the league was like, all right, what are they doing at wide receiver? They've done anything wide receiver. So Brandon and I and Brandon Eyuk is the name everyone's watching. Brian Thomas twentieth overall would make a lot of sense a wide receiver. Twenty one. We got another trade pal Dolphins trade out, Lions trade up, Lions trade up. In the Lions a pass rusher to go with in Hutchinson. They take Jared Verse out of Florida State at twenty one, and this place will go electric, like, oh, who we take it and say Jared Verse since we want of those? Like okay, great? Uh twenty two I have Seattle now because they made a trade with the Eagles and they go with Fatanu, the big tackle out of Washington. Boring, but the offensive coordinator, Ryan Grubb was with Fatanu there might be medical stuff there. That's one of those where like there's like a little asterisk. I'm not sure exactly what, but I've heard like it's not as it's not as clean as everyone wants. So I dinged him a little bit. He goes down to twenty two, which is the lowest I've seen him drafted. This is the offensive tackle out of Washington. Twenty three. The Vikings kept their pick. The Vikings take kool Aid McKinstry, defensive back out of Alabama. It's kind a ton of swag. He is I think either the first, second or third corner taken in this draft. I've got him in this simulation as the third gone. He goes twenty three to minutes, which means the Vikings would get JJ McCarthy and kool Aid McKinstry a pretty good haul in the first round for those guys. Cowboys. At twenty four, we go with Tyler Geiton, offensive tackle out of Oklahoma. Cooper Dejeen out of Odebolt, Iowa, town of nine hundred. He's going to go to the Green Bay Packers. Do you think he'll be a fan favorite? I think he will. Twenty six Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They go interior offensive line. I got them going Graham Barton out of Duke twenty seven Cardinals. They keep the pick, they go Darius Robinson defensive line at a Missouri twenty eight. Aaron, you're Buffalo Bills. Let's see, let's put you on the clock. A lot of guys out there. Is there anyone in particular you're looking at?
Speaker 2: You know? The one name that I have sort of sneakily wanted for the Bills is Cooper Dejeen. So I'm a little bummed he's gone, But I think at this point I'd love to see the Bills take eighty Mitchell. Despite all the potential problems in red flags we've got with him, I think he would be a nice addition to the autum.
Speaker 1: Twenty eighth overall, the Buffalo Bills select ad Mitchell. That's what I have awesome. Twenty nine the Dolphins traded down, they still get Chop Robinson, okay, which leads to thirty. And there's a player that I had in the top twelve last mock draft who's now going thirtieth overall. I feel terrible. I think a Lot too out of UCLA goes to the Ravens all the way down there at thirty, I think he's like twenty to thirty as opposed to ten to twenty, which is where I think most people had him. So Lot two to the Ravens. And then we finished with the forty nine ers. I keep them having Lad McConkie. I love that one. I think that's just perfect. And then thirty two. I told you I'm would have a team trade up into the end of the one. I've got the Rams to thirty second pick and have them trading out of it again. And I've got the New England Patriots trading up to thirty two to jump the Carolina Panthers, who will likely take a wide receiver at thirty three. And I've got the Patriot taking Xavier leget out of South Carolina, meaning the Patriots would have quarterbacks Drake May and Jacoby Brissett and their wide receiver would be Xavier Leaguet out of South Carolina. That's how they would do it. The Rams guys too busy partying at their draft house in Hermosa Beach, they fall asleep, they end up trading out and they do not have a first round pick. So that is how we have it. Do you want me to rattle through it one last time? Yeah, let's go. Okay, so we did all that explanations. If you're listening at.
Speaker 2: Home as of four o'clock and it's going to.
Speaker 1: Change, guys, well, this is how the exercise was done. I've been on the phones the last couple of days and here's where we're at. Bears Caleb Williams, Commanders, Jaden Daniels, Patriots Drake May, Cardinals Marvin Harrison. Chargers no trade take JC Latham fifth overall, Giants take Roma Doonesay wide receivers sixth overall. Seven Minnesota Vikings trade up with the Tennessee Titans. Minnesota takes JJ McCarthy. Eight, Atlanta takes Dallas Turner nine. We have another trade. Indianapolis trades up to get brock Bowers. Ten. The New York Jets trade up to stay the same and they take Malik Neighbors, which I haven't seen anywhere, and I don't know if he's gonna be around at ten, but that's fun. Eleven. Tennessee, they traded down. They still get Joe Alt twelve, Broncos Tali Fuaga Raiders thirteen, Michael Pennix Saints fourteen, Olufashanu fifteen. The Bears had traded down. They get Byron Murphy sixteen. Eagles trade up, they get Terry and Arnold seventeen, Jaguars take Xavier Worthy eighteen. Bengals take quine On Mitchell out of Toledo. Nineteen. The Chiefs make a trade. They go and get Amarius Mims twenty Steelers Brian Thomas twenty one. Lions trade up, they get Jared Vers twenty two. Seahawks. They go and they trade back. They get Fatanu out of Washington, the offensive Town Vikings, kool Aid McKinstry twenty third. Overall, Cowboys stay where they're at. They take Tyler Geiton Offensive Tackle Project out of Oklahoma. Packers at twenty five take Cooper dejen out of Iowa. Twenty sixth Tampa Bay takes Graham Barton interior offensive lineman at a duke. Twenty seven Arizona Cardinals take Darius Robinson out of Missouri. Twenty eight Buffalo Bills take a d Mitchell wide receiver out of Texas. Twenty nine Dolphins trade back they take Chop Robinson out of Penn State. Thirty Baltimore Ravens take a lot To out of UCLA, forty nine Ers, thirty one take Lad McConkie out of Georgia, and thirty two the Patriots trade back into the first round and they take Xavier Lagette wide receiver out of South Carolina. A couple names not on this thing, the Big Boy Newton out of Illinois. Not in this thing. We no longer have Jordan Morgan out Arizona and the Big One. I don't have bo Nicks going in the first round.
Speaker 2: One name you mentioned in the episode but was not mentioned anywhere on here, and sort of the teams who have taken wide receivers makes me think that nothing will happen. But with the forty nine ers taking Lad McConkie do you think that means they're they're keeping AYUKH.
Speaker 1: Don't know insurance policy. Maconkie could play a million roles. Yah, yeah, it makes sense. That is what I have As a four o'clock I will not be clicking submit. I've got a lot of phone calls to make. It's actually, in a lot of ways exhausting exercise. But you know where my brain is scrambled eggs wise when I've got a mock draft and I'm trying to project ten different trades just to try to hit the right teams and the right guys.
Speaker 2: And I love, I personally love hearing you do things like oh, yeah, so the Titans are going to move down? Oh wait no, actually if still there, they wouldn't have moved out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I loved hearing that, or the other Bears Bears, like does Joe Alt from Notre Dame not make a ton of sense for the Bears. Yeah? Yeah. Anyway, guys, I would say we do another one tomorrow. Maybe we can, I don't know, but for now, post this, let's get it up there. Mock draft final Final, Final with an asterisk because it's final for now. Aaron, Thank you. Everybody enjoyed the Draft. The Season with Peter Schrager is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcasts.