Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim Steinbeck along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. Normal Linde is here. She's Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent, and she joins us today on this Thursday. A lot to choose from, no shortage. As Katie Gracolan say, it's an embarrassment of riches.
Speaker 4: She would say that you will.
Speaker 5: Well, let's kick things off with Qualcom ticker QCOM.
Speaker 4: That was a hard one for me there for a second.
Speaker 5: Well, we did te shares of the company up about three point eight percent on the day. Now, the company did rally earlier in the session based off of the fact that it was predicting annual sales of more than fifteen billion dollars from AI components and data centers by fiscal twin We've all been all over this AI frenzy Qualcom.
Speaker 4: We also recently heard from Micron.
Speaker 5: We've been seeing some really bullish takes on these companies, and so you're certainly seeing Qualcom being a beneficiary of this trade. Shares of the company up about twenty percent so far this year.
Speaker 1: All right, so certainly something that we talked about a lot in today's session. Let's move on over to another tick name, and we're talking about Apple.
Speaker 4: Apple. So this one has been in focus.
Speaker 5: Sock is down six percent on the day, and this comes after the fact that we got some news that the company was going to be hiking prices across multiple products in its lineup, and so we know Max are.
Speaker 4: Going to be going up.
Speaker 5: iPads, the home pod, vision pro, you name it. A couple of the products that aren't really caught up in the price hikes. Those are iPhones, Apple Watch, AirPod, so basically what I use so yet not yet, that's the thing, and that's the catch.
Speaker 1: All I know for iPods or EarPods or earbuds or whatever they have to call them. I'm going to tell you is I can't tell you. I think I'm on my sixth version because I always lose one.
Speaker 4: My husband, I'm on number five.
Speaker 6: Tell your husband, my husband bought me this thing that I hang around my No, he did not, And you plug them in, you know, because he's either like it's amazing.
Speaker 4: Why lose that?
Speaker 3: Why do you buy airpops because they don't have cords. So that's what she bought.
Speaker 1: It's like a seven buck cord.
Speaker 4: Seven bucks and hey, it's worth it if you can keep it.
Speaker 1: He's like, are you buying another pair or I'm going to buy you?
Speaker 3: Well, I always I do you.
Speaker 1: It's actually like a little insurance policy.
Speaker 2: I pop them.
Speaker 4: I think that is really smart.
Speaker 5: I've lost so many, right, almost so many single and I embarrassed to go back and buy it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've always joked they should be under the services category because.
Speaker 1: Like track my devices. I think I'm on like number six or seven because I've lost so many it's so bad.
Speaker 4: I love them. Hopefully this is the last pair for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, are we done with Apple?
Speaker 4: We're done with Apple now we're moving on to Hurts. Now. This was a really interesting one.
Speaker 5: So we did see shares of Hurts down about eleven percent on the day, and the stock is really cheap. So this has been an interesting situation because a lot of Wall Street is really thinking about the fact that they need cash right now, and so they talked about trying to raise funds and.
Speaker 4: The ways that they're going to be doing.
Speaker 5: This is really interesting because the stock has already about nearly fifty percent of its shares are sold short. But the type of complex, unusual financing that this company is looking for actually involves investors shorting the stock even more. And so there's just been a bit of a head scratcher here on Wall Street as to what this company is looking like moving forward, if this is a sign of maybe some issues within and why this would be the way that you tap the debt market in this particular structure. So this has actually been a stock that's not been doing too well on the week, down about forty seven percent year to date.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, forty seven percent of the float is short. Yeah, I mean the tone on this one.
Speaker 4: I know you love to look at short interest. I do love I real it's a big story.
Speaker 1: I do love sure interest. I used to love money flow. I know that kind of went out of favorite, but I love short interest.
Speaker 3: This was a stock two dollars stock, Well, it wasn't a two dollars stock in twenty twenty one. In November of twenty twenty one, I believe that was right around when Eric Shatsker reported that Tesla had this deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, deal with hers, that's a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, shareshot to a record high then and then it's been on a decline.
Speaker 4: And it was bankrupt.
Speaker 5: Remember so back in twenty twenty one, that's just when it was emerging the bankruptcy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in all that markets exactly.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.