Speaker 1: Warning. If you are prone to get your feelings hurt and are a person that is serious and doesn't like to laugh, this pod is not for you. If you're looking for serious analysis breakdowns, x'es and o's hate that the NBA has so much drama, this pod is not for you. If you're looking for something soothing like ASMR, this pod is certainly not for you. On this episode of This League, we talk about why the nets are so damn messy, how the seventy six ers are playing hungover Saturday wreck Ball, why I was so so privately wrong about Steph Curry, I mean everybody else was. And we also talked to NFL insider Jay Glazer about scooping in the NFL, how it compares to scooping in the NBA, And then we hit listener questions from my DM. I mean, that's a question we could probably ask every single day. Right, Just take a little stroll down his Instagram and you'll find yourself asking yourself the same question. I guess the latest chapter has me very concerned, very concerned about the organization, very concerned about Kyrie and Steve nash By. Now, I'm sure everybody knows that Kyrie is skipping games for personal reasons. He just didn't feel like playing. This is not Monte Ellis. That was like trying to pretend that he injured himself playing pickup basketball, but really he crashed his moped. This is Kyrie just being like, you know, I didn't feel like it. I just I don't know, wasn't my jam today. This is a marquee player that's sitting out for an indefinite period of time. I get that he's like everybody right now. He's affected by the political events going on in DC, and I get that. But the story for sure gets more spicy when Kyrie decides like I'm just not gonna tell people that I'm not gonna play. I'm gonna show up for work and I don't have anything to explain. I have nothing to say. I'm just gonna go a wall. That's that he never He apparently never alerted his coach that he would not be playing, which being the Mets Steve Nash decided to blow him up in the pressure.
Speaker 2: I haven't spoke to him yet.
Speaker 3: You know, I can't really comment because I haven't spoke to him as personal reasons, so it'd have to come from Kyrie but I don't believe that to be the case.
Speaker 1: I don't know really where to begin on this. First, you obviously have Steve Nash like clearly dry snitching, clearly. I mean, what can you really expect though, when your marquee Starr is not telling you or answering your calls or your texts and he's just not showing up for games. I get that, And on the other hand, Kyrie believes he's probably doing exactly the right thing. I have nothing to explain to anyone. You should know exactly why I'm sitting out. There's really nothing to say. Do you see the world burning right now? Do you see it? Do you need to know why I'm not playing games? Okay, good? But did Steve Nash really have to say? I don't know where he is right now. I haven't heard from him. Only the Nets could have that happened to them two weeks into the season. I think we have a dysfunctional organization on our hands. Maybe I'm just I'm just saying. Let's rewind back to the interview that Katie and Kyrie did together on Katie's podcast on the first of October.
Speaker 2: I don't really see us having a head coach. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Katie could be a headquach.
Speaker 2: I could be a head coach. Jacq Vaughn could do it one day.
Speaker 1: It could be, It can be.
Speaker 2: It is a collaborative effort, I think.
Speaker 3: On our part.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, okay, So you know who might Marty take a little exception to that.
Speaker 2: Who Steve Steve Nash?
Speaker 1: Nash, the guy who is paid handsomely to be that head coach, the guy that if the team loses, is going to be fired. There's no one else on that team that is gonna be on the chopping block if they lose, then hate he is. So, I mean, what can you expect when one of your star players says you're not the head coach and then the other star player agrees with him. Listen, you don't think I'm the head coach. You don't think I'm the head coach? All right, don't call me back, motherfucker. We'll see what happens. I'm gonna suer you in the press and say I don't know where Kyrie is. Maybe you should ask one of the other twenty head coaches that we have on the roster where he is. Ask Kris LeVert, the other head coach where Kyrie be.
Speaker 5: I would have loved to see Steve Nash's live reaction to.
Speaker 1: That, right, Yeah, what did he just say? What excuse? Kyrie also said in that famous or infamous interview, we don't need someone coming in here making us run drills, changing our offense, changing our flow. We got things handled here. And you know what, Kyrie was right because now, just like last year, the Nets are just losing games while Kyrie and Katie are still sitting on the sideline. So he's right about that. Brooklyn's five hundred less than five hundred because Katie came back last night and then Brooklyn lost by thirteen to the Oklahoma City Thunder at home. That is fucking disgusting. Wow, Kyrie is just still utilizing the we have unlimited PTO policy, just five hundred thousand dollars per game, just boom, just still collecting checks, not playing games. This is going to be a major topic of conversation something I am for shore keeping my eye on the relationship between Steve Nash and Kyrie is I'm saying it now, It is sus. It is super sus. Do you agree, Marty?
Speaker 5: I do completely, And as someone who's Steve Nash is my favorite athlete and Kyrie Irving right now one of my least favorite athletes. It's maybe the easiest sports beef I've ever had.
Speaker 2: To pick a side on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you have to admit the easiest thing that you could say as a head coaches. Yeah, me and Kyrie have worked this out. Yeah, he's handling some things. He's some personal issues. We'll get back to you when he's coming back. He's got some things to handle. You say, I haven't spoken to him. That is That is bus tossing. That is public bus tossing the most. You know those people, the sneaky, sneaky like I'm gonna get back to you, back at you, like six months later, passive aggressively. I got you. I'm gonna remember that's Steve Nash. Oh. Yes, the big news shockingly in the NBA right now. I'm surprised. I am stunned that this is a problem. Yeah, who saw this? COVID. COVID is now wreaking havoc in the NBA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Heat Celtics was canceled yesterday, which was unfortunate for me. I had a nice teaser with the Heat.
Speaker 1: But I also had a teaser with the heat and that that game was postponed. So now all the money that I had is I don't know what happens. Actually it's in limbo. Yeah, so let's recap what's happening. The league, big money grab league. All leagues are money grab leagues. But the league decided we are gonna rush to get the league back on Christmas Day, Marquee game Day, just so happens a Christmas, a big time family holiday, people gathering in small and large groups alike. And wouldn't you know, just in the incubation period ending, we have an outbreak on our hands, not just in our country, but in the NBA as a whole. And now we have games being postponed legitimately. Now players are getting tested, The players are testing positive for COVID in game, folks sharing the ball, sweating on one another, breathing their little COVID juice on each other face and faces, all while having COVID. There. The seventy six ers had eight players on their roster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they got steamrolled by fucking smoked.
Speaker 1: They really had seven guys, and then there was this like scrub that was sitting there just so they didn't forfeit. It was giving me serious, like Saturday morning wreck ball vibes, where you come in it's empty gym, you expect the crew to be there. You're there. You like four went is that a word? You four went going out because you're a responsible hooper. All of your teammates did not. They all went out hard, and then they somehow text you like minutes before, bro, not gonna make it. And you've got six dudes and girls right playing against a stacked team from the other side of the town, and they blow you out and you are gassed. You're ready to just fucking puke all over yourself. But this was not reck ball. This was the Philadelphia seventy six ers, an NBA team that is just crazy. Teams just legit missing half their roster, and Adam Silver's like your lead athletes. Just drink some Gatoray and keep going. You can do this. Just more minutes, you can play more minutes. It's fine. It seems like just yesterday, one dude testing positive prior to the game starting could shut the entire league down and then be the catalyst for the national shutdown of sports.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, Poor Rudy, Poor Rudy, Gobert.
Speaker 1: Fuck Rudy, go bear what poor Rudy Gobert. That man said COVID was fake. That man said COVID was a hoax, and then he put his hands and feet and breath all on a million microphones, and then he got COVID and we didn't get the final four, probably because Rudy Gobert. And then also, by the way, in hindsight, he said he regretted that decision. What else, Rudy, would your viewpoint be what you're you wish that there were more mics on the podium to touch? Is that really what you could possibly say? No wonder. Donovan Mitchell was like, get this dumb motherfucker out of here, this dumb French fuck, this COVID truther, shutting down our league, messing with my money. Like Michael Porter Junior, who also said COVID was a hoax out and definitely dumb idiot, don't even get me started on these dudes. It's like Kyrie Irving and his conspiracy theories. Folks, this is not a concert be or see. This is what we're dealing with. What a world. You're now to the point where the NBA has redefined all of their rules. Close contact is now I don't even know what. I'm not sure you can play in games against someone who has COVID is now no longer close contact whatever. Okay, And we're to the point where teams are missing damn near half their roster and for weeks at a time, and no one seems to blink. What a time to be alive. Now. I got lit up multiple people in my DM's like two segments for Collin Sexton, not a goddamn word about Steph Curry. And you know that's fair. So I'm giving Steph Curry an entire segment breaking down his greatness. The haters. The haters are strong for Steph Currey. They are they really are they. There's nothing that he can do right for some people.
Speaker 5: Lots of hate, yeah, I mean people say he's an overrated system guy, like not tough, bad defender, you know, all that, all that noise.
Speaker 1: Do you agree with that?
Speaker 3: I don't. I never have.
Speaker 5: I've I've been a big Stephan for a while.
Speaker 1: Things got extremely slanderous when Steph, you know, he had Steph hasn't been himself for a little bit, so things got extremely slanderous. We'll say recently, and you know what I am. I'm gonna admit something to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't told people this publicly. I have told people this privately. I was one of those people. No, I was one of those people slandering Steph Curry. I thought maybe he needed Clay and Kadi to open up his game. I thought maybe he made too many bad decisions to be a leader, chucking from three from fucking three seconds in the shot clock a million times anytime he wanted, being real, casual with his passes, just sloppy at the well at anytime, anytime, sloppy with the rock. I thought, does Steph Curry have the toughness to be the one to lead a team? Yeah? I was shit talking Steph.
Speaker 5: I just think, yeah, I just think that's wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, games like last night were why two of sixteen shooting historically bad night, just poor, just terrible. When he looks bad, let's just say this, when he looks bad, he looks really bad. But it wasn't even just me, though, you had you had NBA champions, NBA champions like Channing Fry saying the same damn thing. They were standing for Lebron James. They were saying like, oh, look at this roster lebron James. He all he had was Eric Snow and this and that, and Steph Curry's had three all stars on his team. Really, what has he accomplished on his own? And then Steph Curry heard all that he was listening for sure, took all of that as fuel, as rocket fuel, and he put up sixty two against my Portland Trailblazers, which was regrettable, very sad. Then he put up what thirty eight against the Clippers? Thirty eight against the Clippers. He's taking shit personal. He even said it. He said, cue the Jordan meme. I took that shit extremely personal. He I mean, there's no what he is. I mean, he took it personal. He did he did doing things he's maybe perhaps never done in his entire career, except for when he was at Davidson, also being slandered when he didn't get offers to schools that he should have gotten offered to. He's now in that most contrary to popular belief, We're not a podcast. It breaks down XS No, So That's not what I'm gonna do. I'm here to make jokes, okay, So I don't need to tell you about that crazy left handed cross court pass that Steph Curry made to like, I forget who in the corner on a backscreen, which is inc Okay, we're not doing that, right. What we're going to talk about is why me and the rest of the world except for you, apparently, Marty, are so fucking dumb. Our brains do something. Our brains do something that's crazy. It's the guys in lab coats they call that. They call it recency bias, they call it a prisoner of the moment, whatever you want to call it. It means we place greater importance on the things that have happened most recently. Right, So, as soon as someone hits the struggle bus, doesn't matter what they've done in the past. Two time MVP, five consecutive finals appearances, one bad stretch, five games Steph Curry played last year five broke his hand. He was with a bunch of random dudes, a jump alieh of Randoms that he had never played before with. And it's like, Steph Curry is awful. He is just trash. Now. What happened nine months off? What like, legitimately probably we could call it more than nine months off. I would say that those five games aren't enough to really get into a rhythm. So the last time that Steph Curry played a game in rhythm was the NBA Finals against the Raptors. Okay, so it's been a while and he's coming back. He's trying to get his mojo, has his little slump, and it's like, Steph Curry is garbage. He is so overrated. He needs three All Stars in order to be good. What happened. All he does is chuck from thirty five feet. He's not an All Star. Well, I think people believe he's an All Star, but they don't think he's as good as he is. The truth is, Steph Curry is him. He is him. He is gonna get his he is going to get off. He is one of the greatest shooters we have ever seen, and now he's probably gonna be better because he doesn't have those collection of stars that he needs to share the ball with anymore. He can do anything he wants now. And you know, just like in his Davidson d days, he has to shoulder the burden or this team will not win. So we get to see Steph Curry be Superman. God damn near every night that is exciting, even on an offshooting night like last night, led the team in rebounds. So much more fun than seeing him with Steph. Seeing Steph with Clay and KD and Draymond to their peak. I don't want to see a dynasty. I want to see a guy be superman so on, behalf of all of us dummies everywhere. I would like to say this for those who want to see Steph be a human highlight reel and him probably get an MVP this year.
Speaker 4: Steph faser a world class and if they'll Scooper and owner of Unbreakable Jim, thank you for coming on.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm here right now a breakable were Fortunately we're closed down in signs we got to adopt no matter what. These times we actually moved our gym to the parking lot. Just keep our health as wealth baby.
Speaker 4: Parking lot pimping as it were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: So I was doing some background research and I came across this quote, the phone never stops. I've got to take every single call that comes in. I was on a date with the young lady last night and I told her these calls are going to come in, and I've got to take every single one. So my question is this, is there elite enough vagina out there that you will pass on scoops for like not disturbed scoops are off, no scoop zone.
Speaker 2: No. Well, if something's coming in, I mean I deal in.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm an information broker and I don't decide when that is. So, you know, I used to back in the day. There's one time I was I finally had enough money to go to like a nice restaurant in New York. So the first ten years of my career I have, I made ninety seven hundred bucks a year. It was brutal, and I finally had enough money and I went out to this beautiful, like fancy restaurant in New York and I had my girlfriend at the time, and the scoop came in. It's when the ear piece first came out, remember the one that just hung And I was like, oh my god, I gotta take this call. So we got to act like we're snuggling and I'm whispering sweeting nothings in your ear, but I'm actually taking a call about who the next coach of Washington O bag got.
Speaker 4: So even if it was like halle Berry or like some of these elite.
Speaker 2: Understand I gotta be charming. I gotta get them to understand, you know, that's what I do.
Speaker 3: Now It's ruined every relationship I ever had, So let's put that point in.
Speaker 4: Also, yeah, yeah, because I have a guy that I've been dating and he his shit never stops and it's just ding ding ding Friday night, eleven thirty pm.
Speaker 2: Annoying. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, now, plus for me, I'm out in La So I got some coaches who'll call, you know, I'm like, man, I'm like their therapists. So you know, they're on the way to the office at six o'clock in the morning their time, at three o'clock in the morning my time, and they just want to talk and like for Also, when you're getting scooped, it's not just haking me scoop. You build these relationships, you know, and oh yeah, it doesn't stop. It definitely takes a certain type of young lady who could deal with it.
Speaker 4: How often have you had to multitask You mentioned it a little bit. How often have you had the multitask scooping while loving?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Probably one of the funniest was with the flat gate.
Speaker 3: I was in Arizona at the Super Bowl and when my third source called to tell me the NFL is zoned in on they have film and they're jeering in on. Uh was the locker room attendance, I think and the Patriots to fly it in. That was the worst possible time for me to ever get a phone call. But to take the phone call and we're talking about the flategate, so it was it was even worse. I was like, You're word was, wait, what's happened to your stopping because of what what is this? And I was like, you know, the big story stuck. No, I have no idea what you're talking about. And I'm like, I'm trying to explain myself. And yeah, it was Uh, like I said, the scoop business runs its own.
Speaker 4: Course, mid mid pop scoop. Is scooping a passion or isn't an addiction?
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: I think you need to be passionate about if you want to be great, you gotta have some passion and uh, I don't just want.
Speaker 2: To be somebody. So it's both.
Speaker 3: It's well, I've curbed the addiction throughout the years because it used to be like I was the first one to.
Speaker 2: Do the inside and stuff minute by minute.
Speaker 3: It was me first guy whom Len Pascarelli from ESPN, and then you know, I think Clayton Moore would chime in a little bit, but not much. It's just us and we were grinding, grinding, grinding, every second, every story, a fifth round pick signed, a guard was traded, everything we were battling for. And that was started in nineteen ninety nine when that whole Internet thing came out. I think it's going to take off. I think the Internet thing it's going to work.
Speaker 2: Just to hint here.
Speaker 3: And now they all do it right. But over time I said, okay, I kind of did that.
Speaker 2: It is really.
Speaker 3: Consumed my life. It is is an addiction, and I want to have more in my life. So now I want to make sure that on Sundays on Fox and Vil Sunday, when I say something as crazy as it may sound, people go, okay, we can take it to the back. As Goose Glazier said it, because I care more about being right than I do about being first.
Speaker 2: Always hell yeah.
Speaker 4: Is it a team sport or an individual sports?
Speaker 2: Individual?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 2: For the rest of them, I thing is probably a team that could work.
Speaker 3: Together but I've always been a low wolf when it comes to it.
Speaker 2: It's my relationships.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people get real solid when they get scooped on to They miss a scoop two minutes early or two minutes to take, so they try to like link up and get that third source.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they do. Again.
Speaker 3: For me, it's just my No, it's it's always just been me and my contacts and my I call my glaze bafia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you for sure are in a mafia. You and h Stra are definitely in the mafia.
Speaker 2: Yep, no doubt.
Speaker 4: What's uh, what's the story that you sat on that you ended up getting reported but you weren't about to publish or break it because you felt like it was gonna break loyalty.
Speaker 3: No, it was not so much that. It's a lot of times. Look, my job is to break stuff on Fox a double Sunday. I don't work for Twitter, you know. And back when I was working at Fox Sports dot Com, I break stuff by a minute. But now it's for Fox Cuble Sunday or for Time for Thursday. So I gotta wait on stuff and hope it holds the stress.
Speaker 2: Of things holding.
Speaker 3: And there's been some times I've waited two weeks because I didn't have that third source and big stories, huge stories.
Speaker 2: And then that that's what gets me. And you're like, oh, like you know, you wake up every morning you're like, is it out? Is it out?
Speaker 3: And all of a sudden, boom, it's out. And you know, there's a lot that we all that we all know. But when you come out of left field with stories, that's what I love. But sometimes those stories that seem like I came out of left field on them, I've been working on them for two weeks.
Speaker 4: Bro I mean you talk about having anxiety, and that shit must fuel the anxiety.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, it's terrible. It's it's horrible.
Speaker 3: It's it's And the crazy thing too, is the rush you get when you break a story like look I broke the other night bet Is Bryant, right, And it was the real time that his test was inconclusive, and it was he was pulled for the field and got retested as we were doing the game on Fox, right, we're doing pregame, and it was crazy how it unfolded and there was such a high for it from it for about forty five minutes and then you crash. It's like being a child star and everything' is like, oh, you're like, it's great, and then all of a sudden, man, you don't have that next role. So for us, uh, he just keep going after that high. But the high goes away really, especially nowadays. When back in the day you have a story and that was it. Nowadays everybody just jumps on and takes it all. So that's why I even try to shift from men and my ben at breaking news to more insidery stuff and more insight than you would and be more entertaining than any other place.
Speaker 4: How do you think that the NFL drama compares the NBA drama?
Speaker 3: In your line of NFL is the greatest reality show on the planet, you can kidd me.
Speaker 2: I mean, hell, we have the lockout years ago.
Speaker 3: It was a lockout in the off season that led every sports newscast and every Oh it's not even close, that's that led the first five stories and then you got to, oh, baseball is opening or basketball is the player. I mean, it's just the NFL is that it reigned supreme in that thank god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's you can tell that even though the NBA's off season is I think more exciting because there's so much. You know, it's a player, yeah, starg of the league versus you know, the NFL is so much more team oriented, I think, but the NFL is you know, twenty four to seven. How do you compare the difference between how news is broken in the two sports.
Speaker 2: I just he woke everywhere. So you know, I've known him for a while and I just love how he does his job.
Speaker 3: You know, we're get a world of trust and again he doesn't get stuff wrong and he builds these relationships.
Speaker 2: It's funny because he and I used.
Speaker 3: To shoot hours all the time at the ESPN and like for me when I first started this, I would I would pick a fight with ESPN when I felt they'd steal my stories.
Speaker 2: And people used to think I used to get so mad about it. I wasn't. It was just a good brand. It was David versus alive. They should whip me in everything they do.
Speaker 3: So every time they would take some that I broke, I would just I would try and make it a fight because that's our mentality.
Speaker 2: And you know for woes, you got him paid good for him.
Speaker 4: You know, he's known for being like this down this don mafioso guy in the NBA scoop Land. Yeah, is there has there ever been any equivalent to that in the NFL where it's like you bring these scoops to me.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think we all have relationships like that, And it's like I've always told my God, listen, it's gonna get out anyway, might as well let me break it. Like you know, I'd love I'd love to be the one that you come to if it's gonna get out in anyway. So I think we all have kind of relationships like that. He's just dominated that field.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he really does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we kind of we kind of break up the pie a little bit more over here for sure?
Speaker 4: Are you on like any scoop inner chat like where it's like you and Wold passing.
Speaker 2: No, I said, I'm I'm my own lone wolf.
Speaker 3: And even like when I started covering the league, I the reason why my relationship with stray and so close is I had you know, I was still I was fighting on the side right, and so I had more in common with the football players I was covering than my fellow media. And they used to kill Michael and I kill us like they would just murder us for our How close we were and how we're not supposed to be as close, and man, I'm you know again, I had more in common with the player than I do the my fellow reporter. Not as I've gotten older, it's probably changed a little bit, but I always have had kind of a different mentality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that there are newsbreakers that don't really like obviously their peers having friendships with players. But at some point you either get it from the agents or you're getting it from the players.
Speaker 3: And then for those who say you're not objective, well they're not objective when they write something bad about somebody who won't.
Speaker 2: Talk to them, you know. So it's my job is.
Speaker 3: To get the fans the best, most accurate information as fast as I can something that they were not here anywhere else.
Speaker 2: That's my job. That's what myalty list time.
Speaker 4: What's the angriest someone's gotten, like either a family member or a spouse about something that you've had to report?
Speaker 2: Strandon, I almost fought in the locker room one time. Uh, that was a big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had get separated in there and a bunch of guys had to jump in there.
Speaker 2: We had to get separated. What was the story?
Speaker 3: Hell, I don't remember something I had written he got pissed off about and then we kind of.
Speaker 2: Went at it and we separated.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's been a couple other guys, but for the most part I've had, there's been a lot of respect I've also I've had.
Speaker 2: I'm a lot calmer now.
Speaker 3: I used to be a lot and I used to be a lot more itchy, trigger finger, I kind of like ready for looking for something. I'm kind of always looking for a fight. So now thank god I've grown up.
Speaker 2: Someone.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, you've been with Fox. Now how many years?
Speaker 2: Thirteen sixteen, no, eighteen, well, two thousand and four, let's have let's.
Speaker 4: That equal seventeen seventeen years, Anti Rita and now you and Stray are like, yeah, run in the town and now Tony Gonzalez too, yep, our.
Speaker 2: Little crew and that listen.
Speaker 3: Michael and I became friends our first week in the job ever nineteen ninety three, and when I didn't have enough money to go from New York to Giants Stadium and back every day because I didn't have enough money for bus fair, he drove me back in the city every single day, literally every day, so I own.
Speaker 2: Like twenty eight Grand and Lincoln Tunnel Fair.
Speaker 4: No, that's my guy. Me and Strayer have played a ton of golf together in LA and he talks talks really highly of you. I mean, you guys are an interesting duel though, because like you always talk about living in the gray and he's basically mister sunshine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so that you know, I got to kind of learn from that. But yeah, I mean living in the gray. I've always needed kind of that team, and guys like him have always been there for me, like for me to get through my depression, having a team, which is why I'm here, Like even those places closed for me right there in a cage, Like I didn't have a lot of self worths kid growing up.
Speaker 2: So in a cage is where I felt I belonged and not even a win to more take beatings in there, and for.
Speaker 3: Me, it's a team is what lists me up. I just felt I deserved it. I didn't really feel worthy of Yeah, I didn't really have a lot of self I felt like I deserved kind of take beatings there. And I wasn't raised like my parents didn't beat me or anything like that. I was just born with depression. Like it's just how I just how it is, and it's like so for this team.
Speaker 2: They they kind of lift me up.
Speaker 3: And that's where like with Stray and Tony and all these guys, they became this other team for me to help me through the gray the off season when we don't have foxing up all Sunday, I really struggle.
Speaker 2: It's really hard for me.
Speaker 3: And because every Sunday I have that crew, and I don't get to see Michael anymore. I only get to see him on Sundays when he comes in. And then you know, the other thing is being of service, and that's what we did. We started MVP out of here, our merging best some players foundation. That really gets me through the grade to see to see some blues being of service to other people.
Speaker 2: And he's along the way with that too.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to get us spot in New York in the Upper West Side to kick it with Stray more.
Speaker 2: We're going to know why he got freaking nineteen levels of his place. That it's great when your friends make it, fly on their planes, stay at their places.
Speaker 3: We're good. That's fat, drink their tequila. It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: That's all I got. Thank you so much. For coming on Jay Blazer on behalf of not only Unbreakable, but GNC. Now it's a huge partnership. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Yes, make sure you guys go to g NC.
Speaker 3: We got mino acids pre workout, drink, all your proteins all banned substance free.
Speaker 2: Obviously we have to because of all the players and athletes we trained there.
Speaker 3: But I'm really excited and a portion proceeds actually goes to our our vets and players at MVP trying to build that build that team back up again.
Speaker 2: We're in five cities, in five.
Speaker 3: Locations, and the number of success stories we've had of our veterans that we've helped pull up out of homelessness, out of suicide, out of.
Speaker 2: Uh, just really bad situations in that transition.
Speaker 3: I'm really proud of the lives that we've saved and empowered and said they keep empowering me. Also, so keep you know. You're we're nowt expanding out our our team to be able to help, you know, with this GMC deal to hopefully we could expand in other cities.
Speaker 4: You're doing God's work, Jay, Thanks, thank you, thank God.
Speaker 5: How about we opened some dams.
Speaker 1: Let's do it I'm in all.
Speaker 5: Right, let's see, how do we got here? What's the most points you ever dropped in a game on someone?
Speaker 1: So this is this is how you know that? Like my ego is so big. It's my freshman year in high school and I still remember this. Nineteen points. Your girl was throwing up buckets and we're down three. There's like forty seconds left to go, bringing up the rock shoot at three in transition, get fouled. The girl and I are john back and forth and think she pushes me technical foul. Four free throws in a row to seal the game ice water. I'll never forget. It was like, definitely my best game I've ever had. My mom still talks about it on holidays. I remember when you hit those four free throws in a row, you were ice cold? Then what happened? Uh?
Speaker 5: All right, this is an interesting one. What are your thoughts on the Raptors playing in Tampa and can you see this as an expansion city?
Speaker 1: What are the Raptors? Uh? What's the Raptors record right now? Do they have? I would say that's the Tampa effect. I would say Tampa and people are going to disagree about this. Tampa's not a good sports city. I don't think. I think it's a snowbird city. I think it's a city that most of the people there are remarking Bob Coosey's accomplishments, and they're not looking to see Fred van Fleet shoot threes all day from thirty seven feet. I'm not saying that the Raptors would ever move there. I just don't think it's a great NBA city. Yes you've got the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Yes you've got the Lightning. I just don't think it works for the NBA. I think, especially you need to give a team back to Seattle before you do fucking anything anywhere else. I agree, Okay, I agree with that. I do.
Speaker 5: I mean Tampa they're winning right now. But no, they don't deserve an NBA franchise.
Speaker 1: They just don't. They just don't. They just don't.
Speaker 5: Uh, this is a personal one. How many NBA players have you slept with?
Speaker 1: So this is a great story.
Speaker 4: So zero.
Speaker 1: So I got a I went to college with this kid who ended up being in the front office of one of the NBA squads. And he calls me and he goes, hey, Tee, I know you're getting into media. This is like when I was real baby in the media, and he's like, hey, I just want to let you know that if you fuck an NBA player, everyone's gonna know, not just every NBA player, but every person on the front office of all thirty teams is gonna know why because these guys they just like, of course they want to talk about taking down a media ho for sure, right, So that's like an extra little like pin in their leather jacket. So he tells me, if you want to get information from us GMS, if you ever want to be a newsbreaker, you will be persona non grata, that was his word. I was like, what does that mean? And he's like, that means no one is to fuck with you when it comes to legitimately taking you seriously because you are a ho and not a professional. So I never did it. And uh. He told me a story about this media girl who's very prominent in the media, and the security guard of one of the NBA teams took her from one player's room to another player's room in the same night. And those guys were co stars. They knew about it. She knew about it, and you can't unsee it. Once you've seen it, you know what I mean? You see them together, she interviews them, and it's like, oh, yeah, they fucked bad luck, super bad luck. So I've never done it zero? All right?
Speaker 5: Uh? Would you rather have a career like Charles Barkley where you were multi time All NBA but never won a championship or be a role player like ri and wins seven plus?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Robert Ory, we won like seven titles Charles Barkley zero. You know you may not know this about me, Mikey, but I have a massive ego, like crazy. I mean here, I'm in here in a podcast studio about my fucking self. So you know who it's gonna be, right, Like, Tk's no role player. I'm not hitting quarter threes. I don't care how many fucking rings I get. I want to be transcendent pop culturally for the rest of my life, like Charles Barkley. That is my goal to continue to be relevant in the headlines causing drama with current NBA players with zero rings?
Speaker 5: Uh, do you consider Luca a top five player this year?
Speaker 1: Bro? Come on, that's that? See what it is? Now? You know what it is, isn't it? It's the recency bias again. People are now people are now all in on Luca. And what I'm gonna say is this hard to be a top five player when everyone around you is not good. And that's what's happening on the MAVs. They're not gonna be good. I'm sorry they don't have more three and D help. KP is probably gonna log forty games Max. It's just not no, no, he's not. I don't even think he's a top ten player right now. That's facts. He's very close, but he's not. He's right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's funny to me every year, like whatever team Josh Richardson goes to, everyone acts like he's going to improve their teams.
Speaker 1: So thank god you said that. Someone asked me that too. They said, now that the MAVs have improved their three and D and I was like, is that a Josh Richardson comment, because he's he's not three and D. He's he's what you would hope to be three and D. But he is not good. Sorry Josh Richardson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, much respect, Please subscribe. Okay, will Lebron James ever win another MVP?
Speaker 1: Great question from whoever asked that. I would say no, because he's gonna have Anthony Davis on his team for the rest of his career. You cannot win an MVP right now as Lebron James the most dominant force we have seen in a very, very long time with Anthony Davis, who's the top five player, Because as Lebron has famously said, are you really that valuable? You know who's going to win an MVP? Another one, Steph Curry is gonna win another MVP because right now he's the most valuable player to his team. People have an MVP fatigue and for some reason, they have a very short leash when it comes to Lebron James.
Speaker 5: You agree, I do, And yeah, the voter fatigue, I think I think it has more to do with that. The MVP has become more of who owns the headlines, like who owns the story of who's MVP this season? And Lebron almost never, you know, starts it off like that, Like twenty fourteen I think was the last time Lebron was like a serious MVP contender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it almost has a life of its own, like Heisman voting. Yeah, all of a sudden, you're like, oh, Devonte Smith is who we're choosing this year. Okay, it's already pre ordained. I think it is preordained for Steph Curry at this point. As long as the Warriors keep winning and they make the playoffs, because they should not make the playoffs, and he's doing the things that he's doing, I think it's his in the bag. And I think voters love them some Steph Curry. They love it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, then yeah, Steph Curry finally has a comeback story.
Speaker 1: Yeah crazy, yep. All right, that's all the time that we have for this league, this league. Please remember to subscribe to rate to review. I cannot tell you, I cannot tell you whoever is listening. I'm so appreciative that you're listening to this project. It's been a long time coming. We also have some this league merch out some hoodies. Three hoodies. Two of those are NBA Jam Logo inspired and the other is NBA Final Script. Get that before we get a dmca'd cease and desisted, because I am sure the NBA is coming after our ass and they're gonna make us take it down. We will see you guys, Friday, bright and early