Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: He Everybody's almost Famous podcast. We are here today celebrating, as we have been celebrating, the upcoming premiere January twenty seventh, of Grant season of the Bachelor, and we have Grant with us today.
Speaker 3: Grant, Hello, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Man? How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm so good.
Speaker 2: Hey, We're gonna dive into it because we are on a time crunch and You've got a lot of people to talk to today, so I'm just gonna jump right in.
Speaker 3: Is that okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's cool with me.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're gonna start with this. Are you happy how the season went? Obviously we sit here now getting ready for the premiere. There's a lot to still happen. But as you sit here, are you happy of how this whole process went on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm really happy. I'm extremely happy with how everything went. The whole season was like a big therapy session for me, honestly, you know, with my family and the ladies and everything that happened. It was it was great and I'm extremely happy.
Speaker 2: A big therapy session. Now, let me push back on that a little bit. I've been through this process. I get what you're saying. I actually I do one hundred percent understand what you're saying. I'm not coming against you here, but I think listeners may hear that and they say, wait, this is a dating show, and the lead of this show, Who's Ready for Marriage, took you know, the therapy part of this as the biggest highlight. I'm sure there's some other things that stood out to you outside of just you know, working through some stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 5: Well, with me not giving away too much, you know, there was some you know, my family was involved, and the women were involved, and there were so many.
Speaker 4: Intricate relationships throughout the course of.
Speaker 5: The season that I learned a lot about myself and I'm sure that the ladies did too. And in relationships and love, I think that you learn about yourself. So yeah, when I say a therapy session, it was me rekindling with my dad. It was me learning what really makes me me and what really makes.
Speaker 4: These women themselves.
Speaker 5: And then time that all together and involving romance is something that is a really cool experience.
Speaker 2: It is a time in our life I think some of the most growth can be done. How is that different than your time on the Bachelorette. You know, obviously that was a I look back on that time too, and that you know, had a lot of healing, a lot of introspection. The leads different, So how did the two compare.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's totally different because when you're on the side where you're one of the contestants, you're not telling your story. You are, honestly you're living through the lens of somebody else and you're trying to have a relationship kind of on their terms. When you're the lead, everything is happening on your terms. But also as a lead, you have to be very conscious that these stories are also the lady stories, so you have to balance both and there's a lot more responsibility on your part. So there's a big difference, but also there's some similarities because, like I said, it's involving love and that's the that's the common that's the common ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of a whirlwind, right, I mean, you I think the best leads listen. Well, so how did you prepare for this leading up to obviously that first night which we're going to watch, As I said January twenty seventh, how did you prepare for that evening?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just honestly.
Speaker 5: Well, luckily, my sister and my mom loved to talk, and I've been growing up being a listener, so that's something that has been.
Speaker 4: Something I didn't have to prepare for.
Speaker 5: And you know, I really care about people, and I was you know, I was single for a long time, so I know what it takes. And prior to me being single, I was in a seven year relationship, so I know what it takes for to make a relationship last.
Speaker 4: And a big part of that is listening and understanding.
Speaker 5: So it is a little different and special because there's multiple people, but each person has their own story and listening to that and finding, like I said, a common ground that relates to you is the main thing that has to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, during you know, my time, I found it unexpected. But one of the biggest gifts was what you just said. Hearing so many different people's stories, it opens up you know, you kind of have this worldview education and in just a few months because you have all these different stories that are true coming at you. So how did you handle that? How did you compartmentalize and process as relationships grew? And then also obviously the breakups are a big part of this. And so how did you hear these stories that are from the depths of people's souls and then know that maybe that same week you're gonna have to say goodbye to them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was the hardest part, saying goodbye after hearing what people have been through and their stories and how it kind of affected them. But at the same time, everybody has a story, and when you're dating for marriage, you have to find what fits you best. So in the back of my mind, I knew that it wasn't personal. It wasn't something that you know, just because this person didn't make it that they weren't good enough. It's just I'm one person and I'm looking for a relationship with one person. So at the end of that, I think that, like I said, even the ladies that I got sent home, they learned about themselves and you know, just just by talking about you know, being just by being in this experience. So yeah, just I handled it and navigated through it, just knowing that this is what it takes for me to find my person.
Speaker 2: Speaking of you finding your person, the rumors have been swirling and even the host of the show, Jesse Palmer, has teased this a little bit. You know again, I know you're not going to tell me how this ends and who you ended up with or if you ended up with anybody, or whatever however this played out. But the word used to describe the end of your season was that you were indecisive. That isn't exactly the word I would want to be put on me as the season starts. So can you elaborate on that? Explain that and what does he mean by that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a big word.
Speaker 5: I'm very decisive in what I do, and when it comes to the matters of the heart, emotion is involved.
Speaker 4: So not that I was indecisive.
Speaker 5: I think that the woman and the ladies that were presented during the season were so wonderful and they brought so many things to the table that as time went on, it became increasingly.
Speaker 4: Difficult to send some of these women home.
Speaker 5: So in the end, right, I made the decision that was best for me, and there was no indecisiveness. It's just that when you're dealing with the lack of time, plus multiple people that you're dating, plus the stakes of the show, you need to take a beat and take a little more time to make a decision.
Speaker 2: You know I'm going to ask this question because it's the sword I fell on, and I really don't know how yours ends. You know, obviously I was known for saying I love you to multiple people.
Speaker 3: It was a big issue at the time.
Speaker 2: Could you claim or say to me, did you fall in love with multiple people in this process?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think that, especially when you're dating multiple people, it is very possible to develop feelings and to fall in love with multiple people. Now, when you say it, you have to mean it, and I know that that's something that most people aren't really gonna understand. Right, It's not every day that you fall in love with or that you date multiple people. So and there's different levels to love, you know, there's different there's different levels to love. You can love somebody and know that they're not for you. But when you spend you know, intricate moments and you have memories and you go on these extravagant dates, you do fall And that's something that the audience maybe they will maybe they won't understand. But at the end of the day, choosing who's for you requires several different factors. It's they have to fit your lifestyle, they have to fit what you're looking for and you could still love somebody and not be with them.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so the answer that I mean, I think you would say, yes, you fell in love with multiple people, but you have to choose kind of who is best for you in the end, and that's a whole different type of consideration. Now, going off of that a little bit, there also are rumors out there that your season maybe does an end unlike any season we've ever seen before, but maybe the process to the ending is unlike anything we've seen before.
Speaker 3: Can you say if that's true or not.
Speaker 4: Listen to answer to that.
Speaker 5: I think every season is unique, but there's definitely unique factors in my season.
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 5: If I haven't seen I haven't seen all the seasons, but I do know that it's very unique and that it's exciting.
Speaker 2: It's exciting, oh my, exciting for the viewer, exciting for you, exciting for all of us.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know how the viewers are going to take it, honestly, that some people might watch it and fall asleep.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: What I know is exciting for me, and I know that my personally, my personality comes out the ladies' personalities comes out. You know, there's Lamas and there's Rise, and there's there's everything going on. It's it's it's it's a melting pot.
Speaker 2: In a kind of our closing minutes here. You know, you have been promoted, and I don't think it's arguable as an extremely handsome bachelor who is ready for love, but your journey to become the Bachelor is unique. Obviously, we didn't get to know a lot about you on The Bachelor apt and then they announced you as the Bachelor, and rumors start to spread that you were no longer the Bachelor. This went all across news networks. I don't know if you're filming at the time, so if you even saw this, but how did you how did that affect you hearing because I'm sure you did of these rumors that you are no longer going to be leading the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Honestly, when I was filming, I didn't even know that. I found out when I came back.
Speaker 5: So when when I got back and saw those rumors, I was like, well, I mean, don't I don't know what that was about. But when I was filming, I was like really locked into the journey and I didn't find out until I got back.
Speaker 2: But you know, with every rumor there's always a little sense of truth. So where would did these have even come from? Do you have any idea?
Speaker 4: I definitely do.
Speaker 5: I think I was on Instagram one day and I took a picture and I had a ring on my finger that I got at H and M.
Speaker 4: And I think that, you know, people picked that up.
Speaker 5: As me being already engaged, and they took that and ran with it, and clearly it was false. And you know, I think that, you know, everything comes to light eventually, so that's just what that was.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know guys wore rings once we got engaged. That must be something new.
Speaker 4: It's just like, I don't know what's going on. I don't know what's going on. Well.
Speaker 2: Also, as I mentioned, we didn't get to see a lot of you on the Bachelor ad. We've got to see the promos. Obviously, your journey's going to start here around the corner. I think it's only fair to you and to the listeners of the show for you to a few minutes to kind of help them get acquainted with you. I've seen, you know, the first episode. We do get to see a little bit more about of you. But I think one of the concerns going into the season is people just don't know who you are yet. They haven't invested, you know, emotionally into yet.
Speaker 3: So can you help them do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 5: So I'm somebody who has been through life circumstances as everybody has, that has shaped me into the man I am today. There's been some struggle, there's been a lot of happiness, there's been a lot of pain.
Speaker 4: But the one thing that.
Speaker 5: I could say is that I'm ready for my happiness and I'm ready for.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to heal. And I think that I've.
Speaker 5: Done the work and all I'm missing is somebody that I could help grow and that could help me grow. And I think that in life that's something that's really important. So yeah, I definitely I'm the season. I'm vulnerable, I'm open about my life. Experience is about what I'm looking for. And I think that the cast of women that came were on the same time that I was on and it just made for a really great story. And I'm excited and I hope that everybody's excited to watch also.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm very excited for it.
Speaker 2: I want to help out the show here with my final two questions in any way I can, and I want to get you answering these questions before the show airs, because things change once the show airs, and it's not editing.
Speaker 3: It's just how you react to it.
Speaker 2: The first is, was there ever a moment that you wanted to walk off this show that you were so upset, angry, confused that you're just like, I want to get out of here.
Speaker 3: I had it. I wanted to when I was a bachelor. I didn't.
Speaker 2: Obviously it's a little hard to do and I don't really know how I would do it, but I had those moments.
Speaker 3: Did you ever have one?
Speaker 5: There was definitely a moment where I was frustrated with certain a situation that happened. I didn't want to walk off. I wanted to find out what was going on. Yeah, there was definitely. You're not in control of everything that happens. You're not in control of what is said when you're not around, you're not in control of you don't hear everything, and you're not in control of all the situations. But that's in life, you know. So I think that I was frustrated at one point, but I didn't want to leave. I wanted to find out what was causing the commotion.
Speaker 3: You're a stronger man than me. You didn't want to leave. You want to dig in.
Speaker 4: I want to do good.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to get out of there. You know, this is the big question that so many viewers have an interest in if we ever do a Q and A. This is the number one question that you're going to get now for the next X amount of years of your life. As you sit here today, the show hasn't ator on television yet, but you've been through it. What's the biggest misconception that viewers may have about how the show is produced? You know, how the you know, secret sauce is made. You've been the lead, You've seen it all outside of maybe all the production rooms. But for the viewer, what's the biggest misconception.
Speaker 5: I think that the misconception that a lot of people have is that the lead doesn't have as much control over the choices that they make during the season.
Speaker 4: I think that they do have control.
Speaker 5: Now, what's done on the back end they don't have control over. But how you carry yourself, the decisions you make, the choices you make are are on you. Now, there's a time element that makes it a little more difficult. But throughout the course of the of the journey, you know, the decisions you make, they they mean a lot. And yeah, that's what I would say that the people people think that there's a lot of.
Speaker 4: How am I gonna word that?
Speaker 5: The producers have a big role on the choices you make, but ultimately you make your decisions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good owning decisions. I love that.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's the best leads, right, you just own it good or bad, which means brings me to my final question. We sit here today, we're obviously, you know, in this moment of excitement, you're doing this whole media circuit. The show's about to air, Grant, are you excited for this to air? Are you nervous for it to air? Or is there something that happens this season that you're like, goodness, this is going to change the way people see me. How are you feeling as we get you know, come to this this moment where for the next few months of your life you are going to be the Bachelor on television.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that I'm excited, you know, I think that I'm happy with the way I carried myself I know that the situations on the show, they're difficult to navigate, but I think I did a decent job and I think that I was honest to myself and however anybody views me, I know that I did my best. So that's really all I could That's all I could say, That's all I could ask for, and now it's up for the people to decide.
Speaker 2: Well, I truly hope Grant, this is a season you walk away from with all the growth that you've done and all the growth that we're going to see with a beautiful love story, which is going to be my last question for you, which is everybody's last question probably for you. Are you happy, Grant?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm extremely happy.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm extremely happy with the way things went, and I think that it's something that you know, the audience is going to see and I can't wait for the premiere.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Well, the premiere is going to be January twenty seventh on ABC. This has been.
Speaker 2: Your most recent Bachelor, the one that is going to take over our screens and have a lot of really unbuttoned dressher videos and pictures. Goodness, they love showing that tattoo.
Speaker 3: Grant.
Speaker 2: We wish you the best here at the Almost Famous Podcast. Can't wait to talk to you again. Good luck with the season, and we hope you find love.
Speaker 4: Thank you, man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.