Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with on our radio.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, welcome to the Almost Famous podcast. Today is one of Ben's Ben and My Q and A sessions. We love these. You guys send in your questions and we answer them today. We have your names and your city, so it feels like a real radio show and I love it. So we're gonna start with one from Cassie from Denver. Ben, what's more nerve wracking handing out your first rose on national TV or sending a risky text without a follow up plan?
Speaker 1: Oh this feels a little personal.
Speaker 2: No, we love it. Have you ever sent to risky plan? Risky text? Because you know, we know that your wife, she was a virgin before you guys got married, so I feel like there weren't a lot of risky texts during that period of your life. But maybe yeah.
Speaker 1: But this like being from Denver and being somebody asking like I'm like this is this like a flirtatious It was just like is this coming back eleven years ago? And they're like, finally I get to ask this question of why he never texted me?
Speaker 2: Yes, he totally gave her your number post Lauren breakup. This happened during that ben era.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm worried about. I'm not getting red and hot right now, Like I don't like this.
Speaker 2: Wait, this is resonating with you as if it could be. Do you know a Cassie?
Speaker 1: No? I don't, but yeah, what's more nerve wracking? It's had a follow up plan? Goodness? I would say probably the national television moment. I mean, I don't know what exactly risky text means without a follow up plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, either what's your fallow? I always have a follow up plan. I think text because I got the follow up.
Speaker 1: Maybe my follow up plan is not to respond back to you, but yeah, I mean being on national television passing out roses definitely more nerve wracking. All right, moving on, Ashley, how many crying memes yourself have you seen? And which one is your favorite?
Speaker 2: Okay, well that question is from Jordan P and Tampa, and I will admit I have this app my phone. It's called Gift Wrapped. I don't know if that's a really old GIF app, but that's the one that I use, and I have mine all. I have some of my favorite memes saved or gifts and gifts. I've got some of Hannah Brown roaring. I have one of dos of Jared saying to Rob Thomas, Rob Thomas, Rob Thomas. And then I have a ton of myself that sometimes I'll send to people if it's the right person and they'll know that I'm not too self obsessed. But I have I man don't one My favorite one, My favorite one is probably not of me crying but giving this this this round. It's like a big carousel of my confused face during Women Tell All. So if you type in Ashley I women Tell All, that might come up. Ben. I'm assuming that you don't have any of your gifts saved.
Speaker 1: I don't have any of my gifts saved. But there has been a like moments where I've looked him up and they're hilarious, and there's some good ones. There's one where I looked at looked absolutely jacked. And so sometimes when my friends are making fun of me on Syndic just because I look.
Speaker 2: Good, awesome, there's this one of me that says, this is stupid. Why am I crying again? That's good. Then there's one that says he's so hot. I think that my eyes were made to look at him. Another one that says, how am I supposed to find another you? Yeah? And then then this is great. I'm gonna end with this one. Are you sure you don't want to be with me? Ever?
Speaker 1: I feel like this question really just went like this actually could take a whole episode and just go through these and just laugh.
Speaker 2: Some good lines.
Speaker 1: You have some good lines. You're you're a funny g goal, Ashley. If you had to swap lives with a Bachelor National love for a day, who are you choosing? And what's the first thing you'd do?
Speaker 2: I saw this from somebody, and I saw this from Trent from Cel and I was like, you know what, I'm really not sure. I'm not sure. Do I get to be in their body? Was the question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're switching lives with them.
Speaker 2: I can be in Kelsey Anderson's body with her face for a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh well, if it's like a physical thing that.
Speaker 1: I like to be Kelsey didn't she just get Didn't she just say she got a Brazilian butt lift or something?
Speaker 2: She did not she got like veneers though? Oh a big difference.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, like if it was just switching lives like I had to go. It was like wife swap the old show, and I had to go live in somebody's house for a day. I thought that maybe it would be interesting to go live in Emily Maynard's house and she has like six seven kids. And then I'd be like, Wow, this is what it feels like to have six or seven kids, And now this is what it feels like to leave that house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in such a mom mode. Like your idea of a swap would be to take on more responsibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then to realize that I have it pretty easy.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So it's justifying the life that you have.
Speaker 2: It's just just to find a life. Just to appreciate my life. I appreciate my life every day, every day. I'm so grateful. And there's no sarcasm here. I still am mind blown how this all came to be. All right, next question you didn't answer, you get to answer this one.
Speaker 1: To answer both of them.
Speaker 2: I would like you to, because that doesn't say Ashley or Ben, it just says if you.
Speaker 1: If I goodness, gracious, there's there's so many people I'm envious of that come to mind. I think for me, I would take it to like an extreme of Hey, let me take a step back act and maybe have like less responsibilities. And when I think as somebody that has like less responsibilities and has a lot of fun, you know what, Like you said Kelsey, I might say Joey, not that he doesn't have responsibilities.
Speaker 2: We'll be together for a day, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah that why not? We're together so often? Not because he doesn't have any responsibilities, but he's kind of in that like Prime season where he's just having a lot of fun. He's enjoying it. But if we talk all Bachelor National lums, I'm going Chris Harrison because that dude is living the dream right now. I mean he gets to golf, he gets to play in cool events, he gets to live in Austin, and you know, he doesn't have to exactly worry about money. He's so talented. I would just love to be Chris Harrison for a day or Jesse Palmer. I think they're both just crushing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's actually a really good answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like them both and they're both handsome and they're both doing cool things. Okay, what would a typical Bachelor date look like? It look like if it was produced on a target budget, Well, I think we saw that last season.
Speaker 2: So I was gonna say, I'm like a target guys, that's not a Walmart budget or a dollar treet budget.
Speaker 1: I mean they did go to the mall after hours and bounce on some balls. That seems to be expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the target budget is definitely what I think you kind of saw last year. I would also say that if if you look at Hometown Week, that's kind of a target budget, that's what the show would look like. You know, you'd be going to parks and taking lots of walks and going to like the nearby bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I also think a lot of their dates are not super expensive, meaning you know, I had a date at a vineyard that's not like super pricey. Now, we did helicopter in which saved us time and effort money, time and effort, not money, you know, but that's like a normal everyday date, and I thought those dates were the best dates, and even some of the group dates. When you do a sporting.
Speaker 2: Event, it's like on a college field.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but if they're not renting out the coliseum, then they can do this in a random park and it's like cheap. So I'd say stuff like that, and like Ashley said, a lot of the hometown dates are very much in line with that. If you look at the season, typically there's only a few, like magnificent dates that are unattainable. There's a lot of unattainable moments, but the core parts of the date, you'd be like, we could do this. We could go to dinner and go watch a concert. Now that concert might not be a private show. We could watch a concert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be edited down to be pretty normal and that not too expensive. Hey, Ben, this next question, I love it. We're gonna have you answer first. This is from Kevin in Brooklyn. He says, what Bachelor Nation conspiracy theory do you believe might be true? Oh?
Speaker 1: Can you give me some examples of conspiracy theories and Bachelor Nation?
Speaker 2: Well, I only have two. One I probably shouldn't say.
Speaker 1: No, you should say it.
Speaker 2: Well, no, we should all just we should all just look into Kelsey Pee a little further.
Speaker 1: Is she still alive?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's alive. She lives in France. I know she's not listening to this podcast. Okay, this one's mine. Then if you don't have one off the top of your head, I don't because I would yeah, because this is the only one I could think of right now. But I think that Claire was didn't I think that Claire didn't want to leave with what his name Dale? Dale. I think she didn't want to leave the process early.
Speaker 1: Oh so she was like forced out. Yeah, that makes sense. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I mean like when I think of like the stories I've heard from behind the scenes, it's like a producer sleeping with a cast member, but like that's on a conspiracy that was true. The guy that broke his leg jumping out the window or something, Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was the was that the first Paradise?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, like so I don't know many conspiracies as much as I just know wild stories from behind the scenes that are true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, can you give us one of those that.
Speaker 1: That one is the one, like, that's the one that comes to mind.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll remember this question and we'll let you guys know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of like the Unreal show and like what about that wasn't like what were they talking about on that?
Speaker 2: The craziest thing from Unreal was that they took the girl's antidepressants away from her and then she ended up killing herself, and it's like, yeah, that doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's to the extreme, like that stuff doesn't happen at all. Ever. Yeah, there's not a lot that comes to mind there. I mean, I think most of batter nation would know the stories that would stand out. Ashley. If someone gave you one hundred dollars for every time you cried on the Bachelor, how much, Richard, do you think you'd be You're gonna lowball this.
Speaker 2: Oh, I said a couple thousand. You think it's ten thousand.
Speaker 1: I don't think you cried a hundred times.
Speaker 2: I don't think I cried a hundred times. No, but I did have four seasons. But I would say I would estimate forty times. Wow, four thousand dollars forty times over four seasons. I think that's like appropriate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think that's like the normal? Are you like justifying it and saying no, that's not that's not weird crazy to me? Yeah, there's ten episodes. There's eight episodes per season. Ten episodes per season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, maybe it's five thousand. Okay, Ben, if you if you what's the this is interesting? Okay, this is to you, this is directed to you. What's the weirdest DM you've ever gotten from a fan?
Speaker 1: The weirdest I mean, I was like, there's weird things that are sent to you, Like, I mean, I think every Bachelor Nation person probably has had like naked pictures sent to them, Like that just happened. A yeah, but like I'm sure if you asked Jared, like he's opened up his messages at some point been like whoa, Like that's seems like risque and vulnerable. Maybe that's what they meant by the first one. So that feels like out like outlandishly crazy. I had somebody DM me and tell me that. I was like, they're so excited to meet me in an airport that I was not flying to, and that like I don't know if they said God or somebody had told them that they I was meeting them there and that we were going to have a future together. Oh yeah, I never went.
Speaker 2: They wanted you to meet you at an airport.
Speaker 1: Like they said I was going to like that they had gotten a message from.
Speaker 2: Him, Okay, so they like stop premonition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're like driving to the airport and that they were gonna pick me up.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's memorable. That's a good answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah I didn't. I Yeah, I didn't. I didn't make it. The Bachelor Nation had a Hunger Game style survival match. Who's making to the final three and who's the first to go?
Speaker 2: Okay, I've thought about this.
Speaker 1: This is from Eliza in Portland.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm thinking, I think that Jared would get really far. And I'm about just saying that because I'm his wife. He's a really insanely competitive and he's strong, and he's he's in good shape. Yeah, but he like would know how to play that game, and then he'd have a serious depression afterward. But he'd have to win though, And then I think Nick would do really well because Nick also like to win. And then I think Hannah Brown just Nick and Hannah both kind of all most did this through special forces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that. That makes sense. Who's the first to go? Oh?
Speaker 2: Me, No, I'm kidding. The twins, Emily Aley, they would both be like, take us now, we're good, goodbye world. Would you rank who's your three?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you. I would agree with you, but not to like repeat it. I would add on I think Dean has some survival skills that are very useful in these situations. But with Dean kill, Yeah, Dean would just kind of like be a passive. He's a pacifist. Pacifist. I think Gabby's showing us some resilience with her one on traders. We got to give her credit for that. Yeah, and then honestly, like we have some like we have some real strong individuals and Bachelor Nation that are like I don't want to count out, like Jordan Rodgers. I mean, the dude is a Division one athlete who stays in shape, who I obviously is competitive. I think somebody like that could sneak up at the end of this and really make some noise.
Speaker 2: That's a good answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, I appreciate it. Which moment from your season do you wish got edited out completely? This is Dylan from Miami.
Speaker 2: For me, it's it's making out with crystals on the balcony. It was like our third kiss. It was like week three and I looked back and I was just attacking him. Just was not a sexy kiss, and it was like in the middle of me like blubbering and crying, and I'd be like, Okay, we can make up five minutes later.
Speaker 1: Ben, do you want it to be? Okay? Be honest, when you're kissing Chris on TV? How much in the back of your mind and were you thinking is this gonna look sexy or not?
Speaker 2: I was convinced the first time when I said, oh my god, I can't believe I took this advice from Todd. Todd, I'm calling you out. He I thought it was hilarious, and you know what, yeah, I could call it Todd now he doesn't work there anymore. He was like, you should tell Chris to rub your belly button ring because I had a a Genie. I had a Genie lamp. It was Aladdin and it was the Aladdin button.
Speaker 1: This isn't going to be good no matter what, okay.
Speaker 2: And then he was like, you should point that out to Chris and then say he gets three wishes on your belly button ring lamp. And then I did. Then it's hilarious because like that is some stupid hilarious and I was like, yeah, let's do it. And then he wished that we that he could kiss me. That was the first time and I was convinced that was gonna be sexiest on TV and it was fine, that was fine, it was okay, And then the second it was the one on the balcony that I was like, what in the what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ashley, I love that you said yes to Todd. In that moment, You're like this that doesn't make so much sense, like make him rub my belly button.
Speaker 2: Goodness, gracious, that was the most Todd idea ever. And this is why I got in trouble too much, because Todd and I got along too well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like he was really looking out for you. You guys were great friends.
Speaker 2: Hey he Gary, if he's his part in my life is big h Yeah. Okay, So what do you wish? Did it make air?
Speaker 1: Oh? The double? I love you for sure?
Speaker 2: Oh, but no, come up with something new, Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, I I think I could take out the whole week in the Bahamas because everybody was so sick and I was so sick that it was so brutal that nobody was like feeling themselves and feeling good about it. I don't have a lot of moments that I'm like, I wish that would have happened. I mean, if I went back to my Bachelorette days, Jared knocked me out cold on the boxing match, and like that wasn't a cool look.
Speaker 2: See Hunger Games, I tell you, because if you see you at six' four And jared at six you think you're probably gonna take.
Speaker 1: That huh. Huh, no he rocked. ME i wish that wouldn't have been. Shown that wasn't like a good moment for me or friends or. Family nobody's like proud of.
Speaker 2: Me, Well jared went to the.
Speaker 1: Er after he did go to the.
Speaker 2: Er, yeah he has a Ben, zorn not.
Speaker 1: Me let's be. Clear he knocked my contact out SO i couldn't. See so not only WAS i like face down on the, MAT i was Like i'm, blind SO i couldn't see a. Thing oh my, gosh that's so. Embarrassing, hey that's all the questions we have for you. Today this has been The Almost famous. Podcast it's so fun to answer your. Questions please continue to write them. In we'll answer everything we, can which is everything at this, Point so write us whatever you're. Thinking until next. Time i've Been, Ben i've.
Speaker 2: Been ashley to follow The ben And ASHLEY I Almost famous podcasts On iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to.
Speaker 1: Podcasts