Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 3: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: You gotta kind of dive down to build up. You know where you want to be at. You know the pivot. It's a pivot then that you know we knew we was going to hit this point, at some point where you got to shut everything that we're doing like down for a second, so that that when it rebrands and rebuilds up, that you just that much stronger.
Speaker 5: My graduates from my school being forced back drop drop, Mike, drop.
Speaker 4: Back drop drop.
Speaker 6: All right, guys, welcome back, e y L. This is going to be an educational and interesting episode. So I always like to tell back stories of an episode before we actually get into it. So we were in Chicago a few months ago and what event was that? Uh men, some blue friend blueprints blueprints, Yeah, dope event. And we were in they had like a holding room which was in the tower, like an apartment at the time, like a holding room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's definitely a penthouse.
Speaker 7: Let's fly green room. Green room, right, that's what it is. It's a green room.
Speaker 4: It's nice, the best one I've been in.
Speaker 6: It's a green room as far as everybody said. So, So he was meeting a bunch of people, a few of our friends from Chicago, and then I met Mark and he had introduced himself to me.
Speaker 7: And it's kind.
Speaker 6: Of like the East Side golf situation where people always ask all the time, like how can I get on the show, and then people always approached me all the time like can I get on the show? I'm flipping houses that I'm like, it's not really a unique situation, no disrespect, but there's a lot of people that flip houses. There's a lot of people that, you know, daytrade stocks. But when he said he had a bread company, like, that's interesting. I never met an had a bread company. And then he was kind of just explaining to me, you know, the journey, why it was important, the whole process. We had about like twenty minute conversation and I thought it was interested. And then actually I found out that they had tickets. There was ticket holders to invest FST. They bought tickets to invest Fast Europe, I believe VIP tickets. They couldn't make it, ended up donating the tickets to the event in London. So in twenty twenty three, when we think about new episodes and highlighting new entrepreneurs, he came to mind and I hit him up and I'm like, Yo, you're interested in coming on the show. You're like, let's do it, And here we are. So this is a dope episode. Black Owned Bread Company. The name of the company is called Black Bread Co. So we got Mark and Jamel CEOs of the brand, and it's something that has caught a lot of attention recently. And we always talk about how we need to like do more for ourselves, especially when it comes to food facts. Fat It's important, right because it's like we're always.
Speaker 4: Relying on somebody else exactly.
Speaker 6: And as far as entrepreneurship, this isn't something that's really that sexy. Everybody wants to have clothing brand of disrespect by one of the clothing brand.
Speaker 7: Everybody wants to now do podcasts.
Speaker 6: Everybody wants to and that's that's those are important as well, but it's like life.
Speaker 4: Essentials exactly our most important right.
Speaker 6: So so yeah, I'm looking forward to this conversation. So first and foremost, thank you guys for coming.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it, hey man, thanks for having us man, you know, it's a pleasure to be here for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. They came back out too.
Speaker 6: So let's get into this. I got some questions, but before, where does it start?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 7: How do you decide you want to start a bread company?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you know what it started in twenty twenty, you know, with the George Floyd situation. You know, for me, it was my personal protest. So my wife sent me to the grocery store.
Speaker 4: I had a list.
Speaker 5: First thing it was on the list is happening to be bread. So I was extremely intentional on you know, supporting and buying only African American owned products. So as I walked into the bread out literally I was in the South about forty five minutes and there was no African American owned sliced bread companies. And then, you know, I couldn't believe it. So I left the store. I ain't purchase anything. You know, call my best friends, like, yo, we got to do something about this. It was more so of a call to action, and that sparked the whole initiative, Like, yo, we have to do this because the fact that we can't feed ourselves in our own communities.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a real problem that we have not yet really addressed. You know, because between us and master P and a handful of others, you know, it's not a lot of people that's actually going into this industry. And the crazy part about it is a big industry like bread alone, you're talking about three hundred and thirty three billion dollars a year. That's uh, you know, that's in his bread industry that we are not tapping into, you know, and from there, you know, the black red cod was born. And yeah, I started. So he calls you, what's this conversation?
Speaker 8: Right, because I can imagine calling Shotty and saying like, bro, we got to start a bread company. He's gonna be like, all right, whatever, right, but it has it's really gonna work. We know nothing about bread. We've never been in the food industry. At the time, You're not even you're doing something completely different.
Speaker 4: What's his phone call? Like?
Speaker 9: Well, honestly, it was it was quick, bro.
Speaker 5: So the main thing is for me, it's founded on our friendship, our brotherhood. I know my brother, I know how he thinks, I know how he moves, I know how he operates. Right, So when he called me for me, it was quick. It was already a done deal. He called me, he was excited. And I know when he has an idea, one is it's a grand idea. It's something big. It's something, in my opinion, that not the average person or the average mind would think of.
Speaker 9: So that's one.
Speaker 5: He always comes with high level ideas. And then too, I know, I mean, it was a crazy idea. I knew he was going to do it. Yeah, and you're not gonna leave me out if you fit to go do one of the greatest things I've ever heard of. And then instantly my mind went to, Okay, how can I add value to this thought, to this.
Speaker 9: Idea He's bringing me something?
Speaker 5: At the time was it was intangible, like we didn't have anything, we didn't know anything. But at the same time, I look at myself and I take pride in being able to one make something out of nothing. But I can see things and I take pride and executing and getting them done and making them tangible. So those skills lined up in terms of us, you know, being friends and us being you know, our backgrounds in different industries. But it was a done deal from Jump just because of who brought it to me, to be.
Speaker 6: Honest, all right, So what so this is twenty nineteen twenty Yeah.
Speaker 7: So what's the steps?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: So you decide that you want to have a break company because you go to the grocery store, you can't find any bread.
Speaker 7: But what happens after that?
Speaker 4: So for an entire year, so from that time until February, we literally did all the research. You know, we hired attorneys. You know, we wanted to do a surgency was the actually an African American owned sliced bread company. You know, we didn't want to you know, say anything that wasn't true, you know. And also we was doing the research on what it takes to have a bread company right, and so one thing that we knew for sure is we ain't know how to make no bread right, especially like no mass producing bread. So the first thing that we secured was, you know, a chef. You know, we had to find someone that's able to you know, put a recipe together, make some bread, and a high quality love for bread. So we knew what we wanted, and I think that's the key is to really map out and know what you want, what type of quality that you're looking for. You know, we've been eating bread our entire lives, so we know we don't want a bread that's going to tear you know, that's going to be all you know what I'm saying, cheap and flimsy. And at the same time, because it's the first African American owned slice bread, we wanted the highest quality period because a lot of times, you know, unfortunately, you know, we get hit with the black people don't want to do business right, you know, we get those stigmas and things of that nature. So we had to make sure that we represent well. And so after we got the chef, you know, we had to find a manufacturer or what we call a co packer, right that can take this product formulated and then start producing it, and then they can produce it at a high you know, quantity, things of that nature. And so in that as you imagined, it's a pandemic. No one's taken face to face meetings, you know, So it took us a long time to find a core packer. We finally found one out in Wisconsin that was like, yeah, just come on down, you know, we'd love to hear you guys out. And so like during this meeting, the guy being in the industry for over forty years, he said, listen, I just got to tell you this. It's like I never had a meeting with black people. He's like, I never sat across the table with no black people talking about no bread. And he said, if you guys gonna do this, he said, to be honest with you, I'm gonna have a lot of people shook in this industry because y'all can go from here to here and you know it matter no time, you know, because what we found out is the industry they know we're going to take you know, our portion, but they don't know where it's going to end and where it's gonna start. You know. So when he said that, you know, we just kind of like looked across the table at each other's like, you know, we know it's gonna be so big. Yeah. And then after that, we did a couple of sample runs, you know, once we had samples, because Jamil always said, man, we can't be no bread company. We are no bread right now, like like that that wouldn't work out. And then once we have the bread, we tasted the bread. It was right, we all approved it, we all signed off on it. And now that we have the bread now, it was in Jamail ball park. As far as marketing it, you know, getting it out here, and of course we did the whole you know, Jim, I'll talk more about that, like designing the packages, you know, getting the bag design, you know, getting the packaging, because that's huge, right, A lot of us don't know how to go get packaging for different products, you know, so that's something that we try.
Speaker 8: To How long is that process though, as I mean, because the chef is making the recipes. I mean, I'm sure you went through hundreds and maybe thousands of times, thousands of recipes of and y'all are eating the bread.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, now going crazy to.
Speaker 8: Talk about that, like finding the chef and then finding the right recipe that says, all right, this is authentic, this is what we're going with.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So once again, so when we had the chef, you know, of course he'd come out with you know, fifteen to twenty different types of bread and we eat it and each one has something different, right, So one would have it's sweet, but it falls apart, is too soft. Another one would have, you know, it's firm, but it's nasty. You know. Another one would have, h it's good, it's firm, it's sweet, but the crust look crazy, you know what I'm saying. So like it was just all these different types of our bread didn't at the same time, we wanted something that we can be consistent with as well, right, because we don't want to put one product out and then it's just inconsistent. So after eating his bread, you know, uh, we did gain a lot of way atleast I did, you know. You know, after doing all that, we finally like it was like down to the last one. It was at this point it was really like, bro, we might have to find another chef, you know what I'm saying, because like we it's not you're not getting it didn't taste good. Yeah, it just didn't taste good man, And we knew we couldn't present that to nobody. And then finally, man, he was like, hey, here's a batch. So we went in ate the bread and were just like, hold on, dude, this bread might be it. And then we was like, man, let's make the sandwich with it, and actually took that bread home. Uh, and I made a soundich for my wife kids. You know, I didn't tell them it was our bread, you know, I just want to get like an honest opinion on how they felt about it. And man, they smashed that bread. And my wife was like, man, it's some good bread right here. She's like, y'all brand need to taste like this. And that's why I knew. I was like, yep, that's all.
Speaker 7: So what kind of bread is it?
Speaker 4: So it's a it's a premium white bread because and it's a honey wheat bread. So one thing we didn't want to do off the back is niche ourselves. You know, it's okay to going to a niche afterwards, but we want to go and compete with the you know what I'm saying, the several leads and the top bread brands out here, right, So we wanted to go head to head with them, you know. So we wanted to make sure like if they had a honey wheat, we wanted a honeyweat and a premium white that's supreme white, and those are too highest selling bread types in the industry.
Speaker 8: It was it intentional, and I guess I'll go to jamail with this the labeling of it, right, because when you said premium white bread, but even when I look at the larger label, it's the first Gourdonet premium white bread.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's very intentional.
Speaker 5: Everything. I mean, intentionality is really the key number one. But everything we did was intentionally from the look from even just when you think of our culture and our people, bro. Excellence. Bro, we had it had to represent black excellence.
Speaker 4: Let's be real.
Speaker 5: So that's what I'm saying for me when I hear ideas when I hear thoughts, I automatically go to programming. You know what we said, We even from down to the design. We had times where we were looking through designs we were like, oh this is the one, this is the one that we would sit with it, sit with it for weeks at a time, and you know, redesign and restructuring. And it was just one point that I didn't even want it. I didn't want to be a sore thumb. I didn't want to kill the vibe. But I was like, I went back to the beginning, and I remember Mark saying that this bread our products have to sit on the countertops of a Diddy or jay Z. It's got to be in their homes. We got to get to that point and I stopped and I looked at one of the package. One weekend, I was just at home and I gave Mark a call. I was like, Man, I hate to do this. I hate to be that guy, you know what I mean, because I don't want the energy to be off of anything. But I'm like, we got to go back to the drawing board, bro, we gotta go. We got to go back to ground zero. We got to go back to scratch in terms of design until it's right, until it's what it is, black excellence. So that's down to the bags, the black and gold, you know, just just bringing that royal, that excellent vibe. And now like fast forward to now we're to the point where our people are proud of our you know, the way the product takes of course, but also proud of how it looks, how it feels you pick it up off that grocery shelf.
Speaker 4: We got people holding it up like it's money. Like the bread.
Speaker 5: That's the first time in history, you know what I mean. Ain't nobody ever taking no picture bread? You said all the time, you got a favorite picture. It's a young girl maybe four or five years old in the store with our grandmother hugging the bread in the bread out now in the checkout line, holding our bread, holding the package, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So that that picture told me like that's what we did it for, you know, because we all remember like the bread we grew up on, you know, like those like this is generations that we're talking about that's going to grow up on this product, right and as the product and the brand grows, is for that Because that little girl told her grandma to take this picture of me because her first time buying a black red company and she's been buying it ever since. And so that is the point is we should be able to go to these grocery stores, these big box chains, which we spending How much money is our spending power? Two point eight something crazy? Like you know what I'm saying, Like, that's our spending power? Where we spending it? At? A lot of it is in these big box stores, right, And once again we're not doing anything for our communities, and we wonder why our communities are falling apart, you know while our communities is crazy. Like when we just take that mindset and like just look around every aspect of the life. This microphone is staying, this couch, this table. It's like all this is being manufactured, All this is being made produced somewhere. Nothing is free. Somebody's getting paid off of everything. But where's our participation in it? You know? When you really just think about the vast amount of material products and things that we use, where are we at with it? It's crazy. You can go to a church or school. You can see floors and towels and cheers and tables and napkins like and we don't have anything, and then were wondering why we so disfranchised financially.
Speaker 7: So all right, so.
Speaker 6: You have a formula that you that you used to make bread, right, the first question that I have is do you trademark that or you have.
Speaker 7: A patent for that? Or how do you stop somebody else from using that same formula?
Speaker 4: Is that possible?
Speaker 9: You have to?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely, So you wanna you want to trademark your formula, you know the only thing with the food industry, you know, they can tweak your formula with one or two recipe changes. So the thing is, you know, people can know the formula, but they don't know how to make it. Meaning what's our big time? You know? What's you know, how how how long do we you know what I'm saying, process are you know what I'm saying? Are dull? You know what I'm saying? Like, what's those type of formulas? You know? How hot is the water? You know when we mixing and doing the stirring? You know, how long do we mix it? You know? So it's it's more of the you know, instructions that you really want to keep more secret than what's in it, you know, because I can give you the eleven zasus of you know, KFC or somebody, right, but if you don't know the process of how long they're going to uh fry it, what oil they using, you know, and things of that nature, it's not going to be the same.
Speaker 6: So all right, so you get you get the blueprint of how to make it. Then the guy in Wisconsin, he has a factory way. He just he's making it correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So you he's taking this is.
Speaker 6: This is the ingredients, the eggs, water, whatever, and he's making like ten different people's products.
Speaker 4: Exactly and a big yeah. So like you guys should be surprised. Man, these these manufactured plants. Everybody probably is being made in this So like our bread is being made in the same factories as some of the largest bread companies that you guys made in your entire life. So for them, that's what they do. And that's something that we have to learn, you know, because we feel when you want to start a business, if your grandma got that old fish fry recipe, you think you got to go out here and put all the stuff together yourself and your basement and sell it all up and then do that. That's not sustainable. You know, so when you start getting into us and it's not scalable, and it's not scalable, you know what we want to do. We want to be able to be scalable, We want to be sustainable and want a company. So we're going into Target and this may you know, twenty twenty three, and imagine going to Target and be like, yeah, you know, I make this in my basic you know what I'm saying, Like, you can't do that, you know.
Speaker 5: That was actually one of our pitfalls, if you will, From the beginning. We've had a relationship with Target almost since we started about that's few years. We've been going back and forth with Target and getting our infrastructure together so that we can handle that was.
Speaker 9: The main thing.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, they liked you know, they've been on board, you know what, you know enough of what they represent.
Speaker 9: They wanted to work with us, but we had to get in that place.
Speaker 5: But we, like you said, we were scaling to that point where before you get.
Speaker 8: To Target, though, like, after he's manufacturing Wisconsin and producing it, what's the next step Because now I'm looking at it like, well, how do we even get it to the people?
Speaker 4: Right, We just handled it out like, what are we doing?
Speaker 5: So we had to bridge the gap. Let's let's be honest. Let's go back to the sample run. We ordered a sample run of one hundred loads of bread, gave it to our family, now our now brand manager, Star connected Stars. She actually uh, she she knew we were prepared enough. We had taken a year. That was one thing. Nobody knew what we were doing. We were quiet, We worked in silence. We did all of our research, so it gave us time. Right, Star happened to know, being close enough, she knew we were ready. She knew we were ready to launch, but we weren't going to push the button. Trying to be perfect. Yeah, we were going to push the button. She lets the post go off on social media. Things go crazy. So now in our minds it's like, okay, we have to launch. We're ready to launch. We have to launch. We had no following, no followers. We had locked down our pages, you know the social media where you know it was a placeholder, but no, no, you know, following it all.
Speaker 9: And finally I was like, yo, we got two days, right.
Speaker 5: I built the website in two days, put the products up.
Speaker 4: On the site for pre order.
Speaker 5: We had you know we had you had a couple of ods of bread put the products for pre order on the on the digital site. Basically, we did a live stream Facebook and Instagrams. No following, but we was like, man, let's just see if people really rock with the idea, with the thought of it. Right, we were online for about twenty thirty minutes. We had ten thousand people on IG, ten thousand people on Facebook watching. Finally I was like, yo, y'all can go to blackbreadcode dot com and pre order.
Speaker 9: We surprised us right.
Speaker 4: Now even ready for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I'm watching the phones, I'm watching the you know, the laptop. It's going crazy. It's going crazy, it's going crazy. So we're like, yo, we got something. Now, we got enough capital to go put ordery in.
Speaker 7: So you so you was you was pretty much on assignment.
Speaker 6: You didn't have so you you you put the product out before you had the money.
Speaker 9: But everything was clear to the to the to the to the customer.
Speaker 4: And here's here's the thing, bro, Like, at that point in our business bank account, we had one dollar and eighty seven cent left. We have burnt through all of our savings. You know what I'm saying, we like, this.
Speaker 7: Is how much money this did the course to start?
Speaker 4: So we start the whole thing with fifteen thousand, you know, So we have fifteen thousand dollars that we started with, and that's.
Speaker 6: To get the LLC, to get the LLC, the trademark, the manufacturer, the bag.
Speaker 7: How much did you make at first? Like what was the first uh?
Speaker 4: I think so when we launched, when he did the launch, I think that day window doing close to like ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: How much did you make as far as like the bread, Like when you gave the first order, was it like twenty pounds?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, so so it goes by loads.
Speaker 5: So our first order was probably over like maybe five thousand order of five thousand.
Speaker 4: Loaves of bread. Five thousand, five thousand loaves of bread. Yeah, so we did like over five thousand loaves of bread, and the orders kept coming in, you know, And that's when I knew, because I'm like, dude, this don't work like yo, like you know, we're we're gonna have to figure something out, you know, before I gotta put their house up.
Speaker 5: But it was it was it was it was it was the energy to the energy around like when you starting a brand, or you're building something like even just a test, even being prepared of course, but once you just put that test, that feeler out there, you know what I mean, just to see the response that we got back, it started a fire, you know what I'm saying. So so we started shipping online. I mean, it just it just happened like that.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a director consumer yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: It wasn't. It wasn't the initial plane. The initial plan was get on shelves. Yeah, but it turned it. Bro We started out on the pivot, you know.
Speaker 4: So how did y'all settle on a price plane?
Speaker 8: Because when I hear the branding of it, I'm hearing gomet and I'm hearing Premium.
Speaker 4: I'm not thinking that I'm buying wonder Bread anymore. I'm doing something different exactly. Howd y'all settle on a price point for for the low, you know, for our community. You know, we didn't want to go too high obviously, you know, so we we want to be competitive, you know, in this space. So what I was looking to do was was pretty much match the highest uh the highest brand apps out even though our bread was better, higher quality. But coming off I was like, well, let's let's just match them at three ninety nine retail. And so I'm like, if you can match them three nine nine retail at a loaf and then want when they buy into it and they buy the bread and they see that they're getting a higher quality bread and for the same money that they was paying, you know, then that would convert that that consumer over And so that's when we would start getting emails like even my auntie was like, oh my god, can't believe, like this whole time, we've been eating stale bread because they never knew what fresh bread tastes like until we put the bread out. Because the way we was doing it is it's in the stores within twenty four hours of is being made, you know what I'm saying. So it's a fresh bread. It's not just sitting there just being stale, you know what I'm saying. And it's a very high quality bread as well. And then so the store that we launched in that we end up going into in Chicago, they actually started raising the bread from three to ninety nine. Then we looked we went in there, it was like four sixty nine. Because the issue was that once we got started that We wasn't even prepared for it because our initial plan when we got into the stores, like yo, we bought a van, you know, we hired some couple of people. We're gonna go in, We're gonna fill these stores up, you know, once or twice a week and keep it going. But when I tell you, like the bread was flying off the shelf where we like they call him us back like two or three times a day, I'm like, bro, we can't. We can't do that. Like it's impossible to hit all these stores three or four times a day because it's selling out that fast. You know.
Speaker 5: They told us that we out of all the products that ever came in there, that we sold four times more than any product that went in today's stores.
Speaker 4: You know. And with that being said, to your point that live that we did, you know what that spark was.
Speaker 5: That's how we got on to like what's what's that show off of Wendy City Live. It's another show they do called Localist, And where Localist is exactly that's the national h you know what I'm saying platform, And that's where Ellen producers found us.
Speaker 4: You know, Ellen producers.
Speaker 5: Saw that and mind you, this is all in the first thirty days. This is all in the first like thirty days. Like literally we launched February. We was on Ellen in March. Wow, you know, and when when when when Ellen's seen it? And uh, you know and in Twitch which you know reip recipes, you know, they love the bread. You know, they was going crazy for it, man, and uh, you know we had the and we're supposed to be the first guest back to the show since the pandemic, you know, and uh, you know cod covid. COVID happened and you know, get stuck down and that's a whole nother story, you know, in its own. But man, when I tell you, like all this happened in thirty days, this is what's letting us know, like our community wants this. It's it's a desperate need that we can have and we can capalyze.
Speaker 4: On how many how many stories did you start with?
Speaker 8: Because forty four y'all started before you started stores, when that was based on just word of mouth, or that based on resources and people or just networking, how did you'll establish forty four stores network?
Speaker 4: And we got it and you took them loads of bread around town.
Speaker 5: Like like literally the first one lost. We put them up one night. The next morning we got up split up.
Speaker 4: Yeah. We went to like all the chicken shacks, the Hero's Chickens, you know, we went to the JJ's. We went to the grocery stores, you know, and like I said, I had a little experience with products in the past, so I know the approach to get into the stores. But we were so excited. I'm like, man, we just wanted to grind this out. So we just went like face to face with people. And then we went into Mariano's where we are in Chicago. We literally, you know, went and talked to a buyer like we had the loads of bread. We sent it to her and she was like, oh, yeah, this is perfect because we got a meeting tomorrow. I'm like, great, let us know. And then the next day she comes like they love the bread, you know, let's start sending you guys up in the system. And they did that. And then after the Ellen Show, every company in the country called us and reached out to us. We had to tell all of them pretty much, you know, we're not ready.
Speaker 9: No I'm talking not right now.
Speaker 4: You know, the Walmarts, the targets, the you know, traded, Joe's, Kroger's, the you know, Publics, Myers, like everybody, you know, even like huge companies like Craft, you know what I'm saying, reached out, you know what I'm saying. So we had a lot of big companies reaching out, you know, but at that time, we just wasn't completely ready, you know, because we didn't want to scale too fast, you know, because that's often how you how you you know, you'll lose. So we want to be a systematic scaling where we know what we're going into. We can sit there for a second, we can build it out and then go to the next thing, and then now have a gradual growth, you know, and more be more control of our growth, you know, because even right now it's a cruise ship. And this is why people need products, man, because it's a cruise ship. They want to order over one hundred and fifty thousand loaves of bread for one ship, and that's just one delivery. So you're talking about four hundred thousand dollars, you know, po just one time, you know, and that's over and over and over. So imagine you get ten ships, you get fifteen ship, thirty ships a year, you know, like that's just one contract. You know, we negotiated a twenty million dollar contract right now. You know for one of those companies that they make the peanut butter and jelly sunches you know, with no crust around it. You know, they don't make bread, they just make peanut butter suches. So they want, you know what I'm saying, to do that. So like that's a lot of money right there. That's another contract. So then you're talking about you know, I can't say it because we do have an nda with them, but it's one of the largest tech companies in the country. You know, we're about to be into the cafeterias you know, all across the country, you know, and they have over a couple hundred thousand employees, you know, so once again, uh, that's another nice contract. So you got crazy contracts out here. That's outside of just the grocery chains. So for us, you know, outside of like just the restaurants and different things that nature actually build our brand out because now you know, we have bagels, muffins, Uh, we have English muffins. We got Delta Airline so they can be in the first class airplanes, uh worldwide. You know, we're looking again today they lounges and different things of that nature, you know, and it's just crazy the amount of growth that we've seen, you know, in this short amount of time. One tangible product, so just because it's it's perishable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so like what's the actual shelf life of bread? Like five days?
Speaker 4: I'm glad you answered that, man, because you know that's the heart bread. It's the hardest product to ever get into.
Speaker 9: We learned that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we learned that. Like it's it's crazy. So bread for us, it's about fourteen days. You know, we have about fourteen days. We got a couple of recipes now where we have a fourteen day recipe, I got a three day recipe. So obviously the shorter the lifespan, the healthier bread. You know, all our bread is all natural, you know. We don't use any artificial anything like that, you know, things of that nature. But yeah, bread is difficult, bro, Like, so after bread, we can do anything, because it took me, was it six months and nine months? It took me like yeah, yeah, six to seven months to find a distributor that could move our bread. Because another thing that excuse me, another thing that we didn't know is bread companies move their own bread, you know, so they.
Speaker 9: Got any other product they got.
Speaker 4: The logistic company got their own regis. So you started with just the truck when you were in Chicago.
Speaker 9: Exactly, we were renting trucks.
Speaker 4: We just renting trucks were manual.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so what was the pro right, So when you was first doing it and it was directed consumer, correct, you had the guy in Wisconsin making for you, then you would pick it up and then you would actually send it out yourself.
Speaker 4: Yes, box. You know what, It's funny because we've been growing, so we're just now getting out of that. So now we automating that process, you know, because we want the field to be like an Amazon, if you will, right, We want people to know when they place an order exactly where their product is at any time, they'd be able to track it. They know exactly when it when it's when it's gonna show up and things of that nature. Right, And it's actually going to be start coming out of New York, you know, to New York being like all right, bread.
Speaker 7: You got a new person that's gonna be making it.
Speaker 4: No, so it's gonna be shipped from from Wisconsin to New York from New York. It's gonna be distributed. Distributed as you started scaling, so obviously more orders.
Speaker 8: Do you still need to have the main facture in Wisconsin or do you look through other parts of the country to find more manufacturers to show in that process of how it's one hundred percent?
Speaker 4: So we always looking so right now we have.
Speaker 8: Like a This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 4: It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring.
Speaker 8: To safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 4: Ernests What's up?
Speaker 8: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, like the checkout is fast, or are seats a day? Digital tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless.
Speaker 4: Whether it's a local coffee.
Speaker 8: Shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be.
Speaker 3: Protected sponsored by the United States, marking the Homeland.
Speaker 4: Security literally like a book of manufacturers that we can use all across the country, you know, because like to your point, you do want like different hobs. So you need like like New York needs. Your New York is so large, you need your own manufacturer here for New York consumers. And then Wisconsin can take care of the mid East, I mean Midwest. And then when we get down to the South we have a manufacturer down there that can handle the Atlanta, Texas, Florida. And then we have a West coast one as well. What seems to be the biggest market right now, I say, I say, actually go to Atlanta right now? Yeah, I say, Atlanta would be our largest market, you know, and then a strong next is definitely East Coast, you know. Uh so we were supposed to be going into over two hundred giants here, you know, y'all rock with giants.
Speaker 6: Yeah, specific, All right, so as you move, all right, a few questions, So how's the logistics working? So you just shipped it off to a third party that's handling logistics?
Speaker 4: Correct, Okay, we have to and bread It is so hard to handle, you know, because you can smash it and get smushed. It got to be at the right temperature. You're traveling across you know, the country. You know, if it's in truck or if it's playing you know, what's the temperature inside of the truck. You know, if it's in boxes or it's in bread trays. You know, it's just it's so much that goes into it. You know that you have to have a third party, you know, even for us like one thing that we want to do. We want to keep our company thin we want we want we don't want to, you know, uh, grow too crazy and start handling too many things. A logistical company that's that's its own business within itself. So that's something that we don't want to we're not we don't want to do that, so we want somebody else to handle that. Uh. We do plan on having our own manufacturer at some point, but that's only through acquisition, you know, we because we rather you know, by an existing break manufacturing company. Where that way, now we absorb another brand, right, we absorb the employees and the processes and you know, all the grandfather then licenses and stuff is like that is already there and it's already active, and we could just move straight into profit, you know, versus trying to build it from the ground up. It's gonna take too long, you know, you're gonna need it's too expensive, you know. And on top of that, after you build that, you still only have your brand, you know. So at some point we will make that, make that move. Okay, So all.
Speaker 6: Right, but then when you're getting these cruise ship deals and tech companies and all of that, Now, how does that work, because now that's a lot of product that has to be moved, so that specific is that special logistics or is that the same logistic.
Speaker 5: Route that's that's that's the special logistics. You know, that's almost independent, you know, so we gotta we gotta separate our company, uh, internally, as far as you have retail side, you have food service side, So that would go more into the food service side, you know where like with these cruise ships, you can't miss.
Speaker 4: They move. You know, it's not buildings. So if you got to be there at a certain time, you have to be there at that time. Otherwise you got to catch them in the next stop. And sometimes the next stop might be you know, in the island somewhere, you know. So you know, when it comes to to them, they need they direct logistics. You know, everything needs to go straight from the manufacturer directly to them, you know, and it can't be no stops and no hesitations really like in between outside of you know the law you know, that has to it.
Speaker 6: Just has to be there. So that's two different companies, yeah, different, different different. One logistic company is straight, don't stop all the waters like the local local route.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, and what and the whole point where we want to do. The goal is to get to You don't want to go to a DSD, which is a director store. You don't want to do that. What you want to do is get into the every major grocery chain. They have distribution plans, right, So we want to get into the distribution plans you know once you go. So I just want to take my bread to their distribution channel. Let everybody take it from there, and let them handle their own logistics and internally it's cheaper for us. Like Target has their own, they have their own. Yeah, so we don't We're not going into every individual Target. We sending it to one distribution plan. I think they got like maybe seven. We send it into one, and out that one they send it wherever it needs to go and make and fulfill those shelves and make that happen.
Speaker 9: So that's gang. We have to learn that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, we have to pick that up, man, because you know, the fast way the failers try to do it yourself, you know.
Speaker 6: But it's still a quick process because it's like you got it just all right. If if it lasts three to well three days, that's a very short period of time.
Speaker 4: Oh it's it's it's extremely short. So yeah, so and all right, so and that aspect, if you're doing the three days that got to be frozen, you have to freeze that because so once once you freeze it, it keeps it whereas is. And then once it can store it, they can store it. And then now they still take it take two days to get there. And then once.
Speaker 5: They let it out and let it slack, which means like let it melt out. Uh, then it has three days from that point, you know.
Speaker 4: So that's like when you put that to sell by Best exactly exactly. So if you see like that little orange stick on there, yeah, nine times a ten, that was a probably frozen product, you know what I'm saying. So they froze it and then you can do it that way because that's the only way to do it because like you said to otherwise, you know, it be move get there. So how do you balance the inventory? Right?
Speaker 8: So I know sometimes I'm just talking from a standpoint of having merchandise. It's like you don't want to have too much and not be able to sell. You don't have it, you don't have too few and you have a hot end. So when you're doing this, like, is there a number that you'll have to produce every day?
Speaker 4: No, we do not, So I go by POS only. I only order when they order. You know, bread is one of those industries. I can't pre order it, you know, because if I pre order it, it's to sit there by the time you place the order. You know. I can't do that. So once an order comes in and say, hey, this company order you know X y Z, I can send that that PO to my coal packer. My coal packer can produce it and make sure it's done at the time it needs to be done at. And then I have my truck driver the pick the product up there and then take it directly where it needs to go. You know. Yeah, I'm trying to get to the point where I don't see the product at all. You know, it needs to go directly from col packer to where it needs to go. But it's only it has to be POS.
Speaker 8: So the first thirty days, it sounds like you were profitable. Yes, within the first day. I'm assuming that it's been profitable ever since. Yeah, So what what what are some of the expenses and some of the cash intensive processes of being in this bread industry.
Speaker 4: Man, it's a it's a ton expensive man, everything that you can think of. Oh, you got rent, you know, you gotta have a facility. You know, you got to have office space. You got rent, you got to have a truck. You got insurance. First of all, let's talk about this insurance. Insurance crazy, you know, because because you got to have insurance where if anybody, you know, bite the bread and break it tooth, or you know, get choked, or you know, anything crazy happening, somebody want to sue you. You got to have insurance in place for that. These these stores they want to see insurance. You know, they got to be added onto the insurance. So something happened with your product that they can go and make a claim. Your real estate space shelf STAF and you know for that shelf space, you gotta paid for that. You know that's not cheap. You know some of that shelf space could be you know, twenty to forty thousand dollars a month, you know to sit on the shelf. What else you have? You got logistics companies that you got paid for. You know, you have all types of fees. And one thing about the retail, old store. Anything that don't sell depends on how you negotiate the contract when you go in. Either they you owe them a credit for that because they paid for it, or you owe them some more product for that where they're not going to pay for it. So either way, you know, whatever don't sell, you know you are responsible for that as well, which that could be expensive. You know. So if you seend a store, you know, two thousand lovels of bread and they only sell a thousand loves of bread, then you got to eat up that that other thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Being a social component, you gotta sell it. You got to market marketing. So it's like you shoot shooting videos, commercials, ads, you know, running ads, even if you got social media, got billboards, all kind of stuff.
Speaker 9: So you got that whole asspect where.
Speaker 4: And and that's that's one reason why we uh you know. Also it's pivoting into you know, the Blackbread University media, you know, because we want we want to you know, showcase how to do this, how to do it properly. You know, how to make the right calls, you know, and how to grow your brand and how to get into the stores. And at the same time, how you do not lose out on money and going to the food service side. I love the food service side personally. I would rather do the food service side than the retail side because food service side, once they buy that it's theirs, they don't return it. You know. You guys probably been a buffet and all the food is out, you know, in the different sky lounges and different things of that nature. Right, if people don't touch it, they can't take that back, like, hey man, I ain't selling. Nobody eate these eggs or whatever it is, you know, so they just throw it away or you know, give it away and they reorder, you know, versus like I said, with retail, they could come back as somebody infit.
Speaker 8: Sure when you said something about the retail space and having shelf life, and I think we had a couple of conversations where you have to pay it depending on where you want to be on the shelves. Yeah, is that a store by storecases or is that like let's say, a big retail chain like Target. If I'm paying to be on the second shelf in the bread section, I say, on the second shelf in all Targets or is it.
Speaker 4: So it's store by stores. So a lot of these stores they have their own process of how they're doing things. Sometimes they'll give you the space and if you want to do something extra, like you need more space, then they can charge you for the extra space. Or if you want like an in cap you know, in caps is where you want to be, because that's where a lot of the high value is is wrong because people are passing down the out. You know, everybody don't go into every out, but if you're walking down you know, pass the hours those in caps. You know, people picking those in caps every time. So like if you want that space, sometimes you got to pay for that. You know. If you a minority, sometimes you can they give you certain minority discounts and different things of that nature, and sometimes they don't. So it just depends. So it's it's definitely a store by store basis for sure.
Speaker 6: So what's the infrastructure as far as your company, like I mean, employees, what's the roles?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So so right now, man, we literally just downsize because like I said, we move went everything to New York. So you know, we had you know, about ten employees things of that nature. Right now we're down to two, right Yeah, we're back in the trenches, you know, we're back doing it. And it's one of those situations where you got to kind of dive down to build up, you know, where you want to be at, you know, the pivot. It's a pivot that you know, we knew we was going to hit this point at some point where you got to shut everything that we're doing like down for a second, so that that when it rebrands and rebuilds up, that you just that much stronger, you know. So that's where we are right now. Yes, So.
Speaker 6: What is the vision for the company like going forward, like in the next five years, ten years, where do you see the brand?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So in the realistic sense, man, the next ten years, I think it's going to be in every grocery chain store in the country and even around the world. Like we haven't talked about some of our national contracts, but you know, and I also feel it's going to be in every at least not you know, most of every restaurant. I think the next ten years, people going to be eating black bread products and not known as black bread products, you know, because those the conversation that we have and now you know, for example, we're about to be in, you know, a lot of these stadiums, you know, through Leavy restaurants, you know, and that's another one of those things where you eat a hot dog or cheeseburger, you know, or you at the McCormick place, you know, something like that. More likely it's going to be a black bread.
Speaker 8: But as y'all were talking, it made me think because you said the peanut butter, well, the peanut butter sandwiches, and automatically thought schools. Yeah, So I'm thinking that has that been a conversation that you especially coming from Chicago, especially being a black owned company, even New York City where we're talking about health like I was a health teacher. Yeah, and so imagine having a company that's coming in and talking about the healthy choices that they have and all healthy alternatives. Have y'all spoken to chancellors of school districts about bringing that into the bread institutions?
Speaker 9: Definitely?
Speaker 5: And even that that like from from from the tangible products being in the schools and actually serving the youth like that, we also want to be in the.
Speaker 4: Schools physically ourselves educate.
Speaker 5: It's time literally for us to continue to just reach into that next generation of thinkers and just opening our minds to what we can have and what we can do. So again, we really just want to be a picture of that and be active on the ground. We got information from our lived experiences from starting this business and doing other things, but now it's really just time for us to actually block in and be physically in those spaces and grow and educate our people as we educate ourselves, and.
Speaker 4: Just just building more people with more things, and also as well as like prisons, yeah, you know, like like like prison contracts is big tracts, you know, and at the same time, you know, they deserve healthier options as well, you know, to be able to eat well. And that's one unique thing about bread. And I pray like a lot of more of us get into this industry because it's it's so many opportunities that you know, we can't take them all, you know, and uh, they out here, you know. So like you got the prisons, you got the nursing homes, you got hospitals, you know, you got military basis. You know, like when you just think of the vast amount of places that you can put bread in, it's it's it's it's ridiculous, you know, it's it's literally it's everywhere, you know. Uh, and then we ain't even get into like the franchises man McDonald's, you know, Burger King, Subways, you know, like you know all all of these you know, legacy companies. If you will, you know, I'll have bread.
Speaker 6: So you're able to make your bread and not just slices, You're able to make buns.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah. So so man, we got buns. We got we got buns. We got New York bagels. So it's actually they made in New York. You know, they got they made New York water. Yeah, we got you. Yeah, it's some New York bagels. Man. So like we had to take that on tour tour to drink because, like you said, one thing we had we want to do, we didn't want if we if we had a bagel, it got to be New York bangel. That's a fact, you know what I'm saying. Like imagine being another time I got a pre package your bacon, egg and cheese. Yes, exactly for sure. And that's what we're trying to do with the with the airlines right now in the airports, you know, so like like it's it's it's crazy man, it's it's so much. It's so many opportunities, Like you know, we're going to be in Bermuda. You know, that's our first international contract, you know in Bermuda. Uh, it's at the one of the largest resorts and then the largest food grocery.
Speaker 5: Chain is well, just got to catch those ships. And yeah, it's got to catch those ships, you know. But it's it's it's a beautiful thing for sure.
Speaker 6: So as far as like government contracts, is that something that you talked about the jails, because that's what I was want to ask you about the government contracts, because like, are you registered as an NWBE.
Speaker 4: We're actually going through that process right now. We started a conversation maybe six months ago about some government contracts for Chicago and out in Texas, right you know what I'm saying in Texas. So we're doing that process now, and uh, it's it's a pretty simple, straightforward process. I shouldn't say simple, but it's a straightforward process. And yeah, the same thing with minority it's another certification for like airports and airlines that people don't know about, you know, So we're getting all that.
Speaker 6: Because like you're talking about government contract a lot of times people they thinking like government contracts is like construction and stuff like that, government contracts. But government contracts is anything like you said, it's stuff that you don't even think about where in the federal government, like English muffins and croissants and bagels and bread like in the cafeteria and somebody's making it.
Speaker 4: Hey hey, paper towels, toilet paper and all that stuff, everything toothpaste, Like it's crazy. And this is all brands that we can start getting into that we don't have no real participation.
Speaker 7: In because nobody's thinking about it, because no one's thinking.
Speaker 6: Everybody's thinking about the high level you know, sexy structure all that stuff. But it's like that's important too, But like you said, nobody's thinking about toilet paper.
Speaker 4: Nobody's thinking about toilet paper. Bro imagine if you had toilet paper twenty twenty when all the stores is going crazy and we was almost running out of it. People crazy like the these companies. Man, you can still be low key, you know, like you said, everyone want the sexy, everybody want the the you know, Instagram uppill. But the reality is like this is for real generational wealth, This is for real, true building. This is something that you can pass down to your kids and have to say time. Every company's not meant for you to pass down. You know, you got to have excess strategies. Some things you might want to just build up and itself. You know, you build a brand around it, You build it up and you sell it and then you know, you build another brand.
Speaker 8: That was one of the questions I had for you when you were saying that there's companies that are reaching out. Yeah, and he was talking about, you know, the retail space and her craft, and I'm thinking, like, are they looking to acquire the company? So I have people approach you to say, we like what this brand is, we can see where it's going.
Speaker 4: We want to be involved. Listen, Man, the first three months, the largest bread company in the world, Man reached out to us. They acquisition team reached out to us. Flowers brand. Now they're bigger than Flowers. Wow, you know, uh, you know, and they was looking like taking us off, and you know, it's trying to like, hey, how you guys doing, because once again they don't know how big are our piece of the party going to be? You know, because once people hear about the brand and they see it in like I said, is followed by high quality.
Speaker 5: So I'm not with the You support me just because I'm black and you black support the brand because it's a good brand.
Speaker 4: You know, if you like it, you like. If you don't, you don't, you know, but nine times out of ten, you know you don't like the brand.
Speaker 8: Was it a battle we're coming up with the name, because like when we heard we said nicke earlier, I'm like, is it niche? By the naming it the Black Bread Company? Did y'all like go back and forth with it? Or you said, you know what, this is something we have to decide on.
Speaker 9: We talked about it.
Speaker 5: Of course, personally, I kind of stayed quiet because again I sit back and I listened to the conversation. I feel like it's already whatever you creating, it's already been created.
Speaker 9: It's already in the atmosphere.
Speaker 5: So for me, I just kind of sit and I listen and I observed, and we kept saying, we're starting to man, we're starting the first black bread company, you know.
Speaker 4: So for me, it was like the versus A or anything.
Speaker 5: Else is the We are the first black bread company, So we are the Black Bread company. Anybody else can be whatever other company they want to be. But we are the Black Bread Company just in a sense of uh, to me, it represents strength, just the word black. It represents just being strong and being bold. Like we say we're bold and fresh. So like to me, that's just that's just what it was. Everything I kept hearing kept bringing it back to black bread, coke, black, the Black Bread Company.
Speaker 4: So and and also like right with that, the niche is black people. We the only people that think of a race when we say black. Just five you know, we anytimes somebody say black, we're the first one to think of people, you know, other you know, individuals. They look at black as a color. You know, it's it's it's a color, you know, and black is a color. It means luxury. So like you said, so we're a luxury with Gordon mat Brand, you know what I'm saying. Like, and we're a black brand company, you know what I'm saying. So at the end of the day, like the black means so much more than you know, like a group of people, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But that's how I looked at it, I mean, because it's one of these things obviously, I know you so I know it's black, black owned exactly. It's like the Black album, right exactly, black labeled like or your business is in the black like. It's like if it was the red Bread Company, right, It's like, So I don't necessarily think that that because it is something to consider as far as you don't want to pigeonhole yourself to just black people. Exactly when I think of like the black bread Company, you don't necessarily automatically have to equate that to black people.
Speaker 4: Exactly. It's a color exactly if you want to make sure you're not offensive, you know, because at the end of the day, it is a business. You know, we want to make money, and hey, guys, we don't own anything for real. So guess what I can't put in your grocery store, right, So I can't be I can't create something offensive and then say, hey, put this offensive brand into your store. You know. I can't do that. So, you know, so it has to be non offensive, you know. But at the same time, we have to be proud and be able to stand up and say it's okay to be proud of who we are, you know, because nobody get offended when we say a French fry, the potatoes made and had a whole lot of potato. You know, the people that making it is Americans. You know, you find it, but then all of a sudden the French fry.
Speaker 5: But the but the branding, the branding is key as well. So again when we talk about marketing and and and spending money to push your brand. Brand, that's a that's a figurative thing. It's what you think about it. I appreciate what you think. What you thought when you heard black that company that resonates, you know what I mean. So everybody has a certain thought in their mind of what even what the phrase, what the term means. And then when you see it, when you see us, when you see what we represent, when you see the brand on the shelf, what does it look like as opposed to any other brand, it should stand out, It should be something to it that another brand doesn't bring or doesn't represent. So really, like at the end of the day, with a brand, it's it's a collection of your thoughts. What you think it is, when you see it, when you feel it, what does it make you feel?
Speaker 4: Facts?
Speaker 9: You know what I mean. So we see that from all kinds of people.
Speaker 5: You know, sometimes We've been in the stores working and putting some of the bread on our shelves ourselves at the time, and you walk away and I'll see, you know, an Asian woman go by the bread or you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: People just go.
Speaker 5: By because it looks good, or they look at it, they read it, they see the mission statement, and.
Speaker 9: They get behind it. So like the world is yours, Like it's so many things you can do.
Speaker 7: What's the what's the marketing plan?
Speaker 5: Oh man, it's it's it's a world of things again. Always being inclusive is one and just pushing it, pushing it out. That's why we moveing to an education again because it's this started with us.
Speaker 4: With what we didn't know. Yeah, we knew what we knew, We know what we don't know.
Speaker 5: Right, So the main thing is media stand in front of the people being active in our communities.
Speaker 9: That's really been the biggest place.
Speaker 7: Social media.
Speaker 4: Social is very huge.
Speaker 9: The digital space is huge.
Speaker 5: I look at digital even just digital real estate being huge and being key. The more spaces that we can take up and fill up, the more we can actually introduce and produce different various brands with the same model.
Speaker 6: So we'll talk about the universe. What's what's this university thinking about education? So it's an educational portal where you're teaching people.
Speaker 9: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: So at the end of the day, we've we've been able to build and scale brands in various ways in the digital space and also with tangible products. So even between the two of us, it's just bridging those gaps and merging it together, because that's what got us here, you know what I mean me like I said, I think, I think in that digital real estate space of getting something, getting something, getting the product up online, e commerce, different things in that avenue, and Mark is driven toward you know, the physical products things, and we bridge that together. Even to start this company, and we've pivoted back and forth. You know, there were times where the digital and e commerce was our lifeline to be selling, shipping online things of that nature was you know, really our bread and butter, if you will. And then now there are times where okay, we're on the shelves. Bro Yeah, you know what I mean, we got we've got food service going and that's been a lifeline. So just bridging those gaps and building that community where we can learn and grow together and educate our people on tangible products, being in these spaces, building things and realizing all of these things around us. It's an energy to it, and somebody's making money off of it. Somebody's generating revenue off for all of these things that we use, you know what I mean, and just becoming a part of that.
Speaker 4: And we also we got three ebooks too, that's uh, that's that we drop into uh this week, you know as well, you know, Bread University and Mastermind your Business exactly. So y'all documented the processes y'all were going through the journey. You have to you know, I mean, because this is you know, you got to have your blueprint. You got to know how you started. You know, you got to be able to see even your mistakes. Like I love failures. You know, people might get weird with that, but failures are my favorite lessons to learn because those are the lessons that you don't repeat, you know, those are the mistakes that you don't repeat and you grow from them. So anytime that you know there's an opportunity to jump out and to fail, I'm excited about it. You know a lot of people they have failed and they'll kind of walk away. For me, Okay, that's one way not to do it. Or you know, if I would have done this this time, it would have been that much better. So even with the past businesses that I had, you know, all of them made money, you know, however they all failed in different ways, you know. And then all of that that I learned, I could put into the Black Red Company, and it's doing crazy numbers, right because I've made so many mistakes, you know, mismanaging money, misdoing this, you know, like like you do that. Like you know what I'm saying as a young entrepreneur that you don't get taught high out to do business, you know, and as we learn, you know, we want to teach, you know, and even if it's just one person that we can help, you know, that's what we're looking to do, you know. And then, like I said, merging that physical product to digital, I think that's how you keep a physical product independent. Where the world is going more towards digital anyway. You know a lot of people ordering their groceries online. So if you order your groceries online, like we have subscription based right now, you can take bread off your grocery list. You know, your bread gonna hit your doorstep. You know you're going to be you know what I'm saying, You're going to have that when you're order. The rest of your groceries is already there. So if we had you got, like A said, a hot sauce or barbecue sauce that you want to go to market with, you can have your physical product. But one thing I would say, that's strength enough. Make sure you have a cod packer so you can on demand when it's time to grow. You have that option. You know. The issue is, you know, like I said, we want to do it our set, else you cannot do it yourselves. That's how you get stuck in your business. You want to work on it, you don't want to work in it. You know, the moment that you start working inside of your business, that's when you get stuck. Because if you don't, if you're not working, you're not making money. And if you're not making money, you're not able to really scale. And if you're not able to scale them, what are you doing? You know, you should be able to scale up and sometimes that scale back then just to scale up even higher.
Speaker 8: Right, So the bread winners are the people that are inside of the universities that.
Speaker 5: Shout out to the bread shout out to the bread winners. So the bread winners is our community.
Speaker 4: You know, those are the individuals who support us, who help us, and then we pour it back into them as well. You know. So we really big on you know, giving back. We really big on you know, going to schools, talking with the kids, you know, mentoring, you know, shout out to uh, you know doctor Eric Thomas. You know, he took us underneath his wing. You know he told guys, yeah, yeah, to et and the team CJ. You know, yeah, they took Zonny they wing, you know what I'm saying. And so when he go to different schools, he invited us out. You know, he was just in Chicago last week, you know, and doing it at a church. You know, he invited us out. We have bread at the church. It was a good time he was. He gave an incredible message, and we love that. You know, we love being connected to the people. You know, even like we have like homeless communities. You know in Chicago, we don't just go and like give food and just you know, like sys stuff because they don't like that. Man. It's a lot of rodents and rats and all types stuff there. So we go and asks on what do they need. You know, they need heaters in the wintertime, little self portable heaters that you know, they can't burn themself up. You know, if anything touches it cuts off, right. They need tents, you know, they need you know, some thick clothing, you know, things of that nature. Sometimes like they need soap, they need toothpaste. They need the same things that we need. But you know a lot of people take the time to go and talk to them, or.
Speaker 9: A gift card for a restaurant. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: They don't get welcome in restaurants because they want hot food. So we go to different restaurants and buy gift cards and just go there and just passing the gift cards out, you know, so when they ready to go eat, hey man, take this. And we talked to the manager to let them know, like hey, like listen, please serve them. You know, they come in place, they order, even if they got white right outside, you know, so they don't you know, like mess with the other guests.
Speaker 4: It is what it is. Just we want to make sure that you guys serve them, you know, and oftentimes, you know, we haven't had an issue.
Speaker 7: So far, so you guys merch too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is the merch man right here.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we got merch jackets, black Red University hoodies, hats like Jackie.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 9: You got to get your brand right.
Speaker 4: Let me get you all sizes. Man, we got your collaboration.
Speaker 6: Appreciate it, appreciate it. So all right, man, well this is dope. Man, I appreciate you guys. Before we leave, let the people know. You know where to follow you, where to order the bread website, social media handles all at all day.
Speaker 9: Well, we got Black Bread University.
Speaker 5: So that's Blackbread University dot com, Blackbird University on all social media. I'm Jamel Lewis, Jamail Lewis music on all social media.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm mark Edmond, I'm marked v success across I think the majority of media.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Blackbred University. I got one last thing for y'all. I'm gonna ask y'all individually. Y'all can just complete the sentence, all right. In twenty twenty three, the Black Bread Company will be everywhere.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty three, man, a Black Bread Company will be amongst the best, the top of the bread companies. For sure. It is going into resistance. Get your daily bread get your daily bread. Let it know.
Speaker 7: Very important, Troy Yeah.
Speaker 8: Shot everybody on patreot dot com. Shot to all earners inside of e y L University, new and improved ey L University.
Speaker 4: Shout to all y'all.
Speaker 8: Shout to all of our people on market, Mondays, our supporters, our group chat, everybody that's been part of it has been dope. Uh and shout out to you man, everybody that's been tuning into earn your leisia making it the number one place for everything in the world of business and entrepreneur ship.
Speaker 4: We greatly appreciate you and thank you. Shout out to everybody supporting merch.
Speaker 8: I got my Earnest brand on shouty got to adjusts a liabilities and shout out to these gentlemen.
Speaker 4: This is This has been really dope. I had an AHA moment.
Speaker 8: It felt like it was a trucking episode when I was like, you know, you don't realize that this is a business, and I started thinking about all the places that brand shows up and so this was this was one of those ones for me.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you many. Shout out to connect the stars man. Without hope, we couldn't be Thank you star for sure.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys, Rock and West will see you next week. Peace.
Speaker 9: Peace man, Thank y'all, thank y'all.
Speaker 5: My graduates from my school being forts back.
Speaker 7: Drops drop, Mike, drop drop drop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,