Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two ninety one, episode four of day production of iHeartRadio This It's still a podcast where retaken deep to have into America, share couching ess. And It's Friday, June sixteenth, twenty twenty three, which of course means six six.
Speaker 2: One six National Fudge Day, International Day of the African Child, shoutout African children everywhere, International Day of Family Remittances. Wear Blue Day. Okay, I'll see Yuka World Sea Turtle Day and Las Vegas Worldmark Timbo. That's like some weird promotion thing that someone turned into a holiday. Anyway, that's it. Yeah, Blue Day. Also, I didn't know what the fuck that is. I'm wearing blue? I knew. Oh for James Joyce okay, probably probably fans of Ulyssias out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a He's got a lot of days, a lot of fans out there.
Speaker 3: What is?
Speaker 2: Why are people so? I mean there? I was not an English major or a literary person. I just was subjected to reading James Joyce in my academic career.
Speaker 1: Man, those first twenty pages go hard. I've not been it so hard. I have not been able to make it through the rest. But it's like the Gravity's rainbow. It's like one of these lifetimes, I'll get through them. I made it one hundred and fifteen pages inunder Gravity's Rainbow last year.
Speaker 2: I was like so impressed. Oh wow. Yeah. I basically my eyes rolled in the back of my head when I was beating Portrait of the artist young Man, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ulysses, the opening is incredible.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I haven't read let it, but I just heard it's really good.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Oh I remember why because I'm an idiot, and speaking of that, my name is Jack O'Brien aka. There is a Mick monstrosity. Oh no, that's filled with rams. Come it's been the ruin, oh many and ice drink so salty oh my tongue. Oh that I think that might have killed.
Speaker 2: It for me.
Speaker 1: The idea that it's salty on my tongue. Yeah, I did not need that. Mister x Hubs, missus ax Hubbs monscule ax hub x Hubs on the discord.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: You're welcome and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my.
Speaker 2: Co host mister Miles Grat Miles Gray, and I'm really put off by those Grimace aka so I won't be white actually aka purple come is in the shake shake, shake, shake, and the sight sound's not a wake wake wake wake wake. So I'm just gonna bake, bake, bake, bake, bake and drink grim mis come, grim is come. Okay, shout out to me the cast old casanova on discord, I seize you also very interesting occupation if I recall correctly from our discord dms, y'all keep these dms coming, keep reaching out to us, because every day we are finding out new dimensions of zechgang. And wow, we know. I feel like between everybody that's the show, we can do it all. We can do it all.
Speaker 1: The profession is they fuck cast roles, right, yes, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, I mean it's right there in the name.
Speaker 2: Well, Milesage American Pie but with a cast role, that's right, Miles.
Speaker 1: We were thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of the very favorite guests on TDZ, a poet a podcaster you can hear on the American Hysteria podcast exploring the fantastical thinking and irrational fears of Americans. No that can't be right, not Americans through the lens of moral panics, urban legends, conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: Much else.
Speaker 1: Please welcome the brilliant, the talented Chelsea Webers.
Speaker 2: Hello, as always, is it Weeper or Weber?
Speaker 4: It's Weber.
Speaker 2: First, I did make sure. I had to make sure.
Speaker 4: It's actually Debber.
Speaker 1: Oh Baber Chris Weberber. I went through and on all documents. I did a global search of my computer, every document on my computer and changed it so to make sure it said web like Chris web three point zero.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I appreciate that all listen to Chelsea.
Speaker 2: List has been too long.
Speaker 4: It's been too long.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: Well, as I told you guys, we've been working on Well, we'd actually just finished a Jackass series and that was a lot of fun, and I feel like that's up your alley. Did you guys read Big Brother magazine growing up?
Speaker 2: Did? I did? And I also made stupid shopping part like prank videos at the at the local grocery stores with my friends, and yeah, I was. I was. I was like at the perfect age when Jackass came out and it basically destroyed half of my body.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing the Jackass videos and they were video like vhs is being traded people like my friend in Chicago. I went visit a friend in Chicago, like in high school, and he showed me them and.
Speaker 2: I was like, what the fuck is this? This is crazy?
Speaker 4: I remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Ok, or what dude remember that one? Yeah? He beats up all those dudes outside the seven eleven. Yeah, Mike Vallli. I mean I think that's his name. Yeah, part we were like, yo, dude, he legit beat these dudes up.
Speaker 1: I think the things the sketch I remember is someone was just carrying like ordered all the McDonald's, was carrying it on a tray and then just did like a spectacular fall like that.
Speaker 2: It just went everywhere.
Speaker 4: I feel like, yeah, genius, genius.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was. I was willing to rab himself. Chris Rab. I was like, oh man Slewsbury super for Kiki, one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: And he hates Mustard and that's his big thing is he's whenever Mustard gets by him. Is that not? Is that that's like, oh right, that's your yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Like he had the crazy big hair yeah yeah yeah, like the Viking status, yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Now I'm like I have to go back and what you do.
Speaker 4: You do I think you'd like this episode. You should listen to it. It's very much about how gay Jackass was too, and how much of a revolution it was at the time to just have dudes hanging out the way they were and not you know, being afraid again. Even though it was a joke, it was like a big change from like the.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, let me put a firework up your asshole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like yes, somo, yeah exactly. But the other thing I wanted to share with you all is, uh, we've been doing a new thing on our show called the Urban Legends Hotline, and people can call in and record stories from their childhood and then we'll like deep just do whatever research we decide. And the one we're working on right now is about this place called Pig Hill in Pennsylvania, and it's about a group of cannibal pig people that eat teenagers on a lover's lane up there, like an inbred family, right, kind of a classic legend.
Speaker 2: And so what do you say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, But we've been like getting really into the pig part of it, you know, like why are they specifically pig people? And I was able to dig up the very first trial that was based on a false confession in American history that ended in an execution, and it was actually about a man accused of best reality. He was like an indentured servant and he was accused of it because the pig gave birth to a piglet that was deformed and looked like the man who was a servant, and so yeah, they tried him and hanged him for a pig paternity test and that was, uh yeah, that's that's the very first false confession as well, because they basically badgered him into confessing and he thought, okay, you know, based on other trials I've seen, if I say, if I repent to God and say yes I did this and I'm sorry, I'll get off. But then they were like no, we're going to hang you anyway. And then he's like, okay, well I really didn't do this, and uh yeah, and then there was a big best reality panic and it ended up meaning that women were the ones milking the cows always because men were literally not allowed in barns unless they had a chaperone.
Speaker 2: Wait, so like a milk maid is is we have that because motherfuckers couldn't keep their hands on They're like, that's it well not exactly.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, it was a panic, right, so of course, yes, that happened, But it was a panic around specifically like servants or like poor people who were you know, accused of this crime, often because it was convenient because they wanted to try them for something else. But once it started to reach like the richer Americans where they were getting accused as well, then suspiciously the panic just kind of fizzled out. So kind of a classic moral panic. But sixteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: We must take note of this. We must the cycle of panics and how we can maybe abbreviate them because we're in the midst of multiple cycles.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, right, yeah, have you ever looked into is America more panicked than other nations or is this just a cycle that every country goes through. It feels like America is more irrational, right.
Speaker 4: I think it depends. I mean, there are some wild moral panics all around the world. It just really I mean, I think that that's pretty equal across the board. It's just like translated through different religions and cultures. So it's like we might look at one panic, like there's a panic in different parts of the world where your penis is disappearing and you freak out. And that's been like even recently, people's penises have been suspiciously disappearing, So.
Speaker 2: You know we might think that.
Speaker 1: Not that I'm worried, but what what is the care for that?
Speaker 4: You know, I haven't looked enough?
Speaker 2: You bring it back? To bring it back?
Speaker 4: Well, you know it never leaves.
Speaker 2: So wait, what is that panic? Someone? People are claiming their penises have vanished, like yeah, from their body?
Speaker 1: You remember, I remember that's from the cracked days that that was from another country.
Speaker 2: That you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and it goes back to like like I just typed in penis Spanish panics, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: They call it turtle penis because the penis like retracts into the body.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got it, turtle penis. Panic. Okay, I'll look I'm gonna look at.
Speaker 1: Anyways, we could clearly talk about this all day. I heard that some bt reality is where Grimace came from. Actually in the first place, makes sense. Yeah, a lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 2: You heard it here first.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're going to get to know you a little bit better at Chelsea. First, little housekeeping. First of all, we're off on Monday for juneteenth, So we are going to be doing our weekend catch up episode on Tuesday, our expert guest interview on Wednesday, and then you know, normal from there on out for next week. But in case this is your first episode in a while, we are doing a truncated summer schedule, a mere eight.
Speaker 2: Episodes a week.
Speaker 1: One episode at the beginning of the week, one on Friday, so this is.
Speaker 2: The last episode of the week. No trending this afternoon. Sorry, we're having fun.
Speaker 1: It seems like you guys are having fun listening to the new formats and we are loving talking to y'all. So keep keep the mail bags coming. We're gonna get a handful of you know, listener messages and emails on Tuesday's episode, on Wednesday's episode, so talk to you all then this episode, though we are talking, we're just gonna check in with the Democratic nomination race. We've spent a lot of time focusing on the Republicans. What's going on with those Democrats, those dang damn thing. Well, RFK Junior is getting some momentum, which has a lot of people being like, oh no, we should have found somebody else to be the opposition to Joe Biden and we might have a candidate in Cortnell West.
Speaker 2: We'll see. So we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about some moral panics happening thanks to AI, talk about some a good grift that Taylor Swift fans have going, you know, just all all sorts of madness.
Speaker 2: Flags.
Speaker 1: I think we'll definitely get into flags.
Speaker 2: The Supreme Court doing real real shit. Yes, twice we're getting two decisions like in this Man of two Weeks. They're setting us up miles. Yeah, yeah, they're just yeah, they gotta they gotta put the rock the baby back to sleep again before they turn it up on us. Huh.
Speaker 1: But before we get to any of that, Chelsea w Weld like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I like really jumped the gun on the intro here because I was gonna do a pig paternity trials. So there, yeah, I just throw back to the beginning.
Speaker 2: There there you go. How long does it take you? What's your process to get because like I love how you're like, yeah, I have to. I looked up this thing and then I found the first case. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: What how how great question? It is just just like following every thread you possibly can, right right, I'll just be like pigs in American history and then just see what comes up. And then you know, the nice thing about this Urban Legends hotline is I don't have a goal, whereas like a lot of other episodes, I like want to say something, and in this I just am like, let's see, all right, you want pig cannibals. How what pigs are there, what cannibals are there? How they get mashed together? Let's try to figure out, like if there's any truth to this legend. And that's fun. Newspapers dot Com too, is like you can dig up anything there. I want to like, if newspapers dot Com you're listening, please sponsor us because I will give you a passionate ad. But yeah, I think that's that's a that's a big part of it is just trying to get some original stuff because that's the most fun when you can dig up something that hasn't been talked about very much.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, newspapers dot Com is like Shizam. It's like one of three good websites, and it's like follows through on the promise of the Internet, Like when they're we're first inventing the internet. They're like, you know, it'd be cool if just like all the newspapers, Yeah, just like find them.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna call it newspapers dot com? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Actually, wait, how far back does that thing go?
Speaker 4: Seventeen hundreds? Oh shit, Oh it's very cool. Yeah yeah, yeah, it's like twenty bucks a month, and it is money well spent for our show at least.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, yeah, it's just on the front page what people search auto accidents nineteen fifty six Los Angeles, California. That's like fucking baby shoes unused, Like.
Speaker 2: That's just right.
Speaker 1: Why are you looking into nineteenth accident?
Speaker 2: Yes? Interesting? What is uh? What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: This is always my hardest part because I always want to talk about tech dex and hacky sacks, which is what I always bring to your show. But I'm thinking, and I don't know if it's exactly overrated, but comparing it to my underrated thing is the Queer Ultimatum. Did you guys watch it?
Speaker 6: I'm part I'm like almost I'm almost three quarters of the way through, right right, So actually I'm just in the part where they just swapped and they're like with their new boo right now.
Speaker 4: Right exactly. So I think comparing that, did you watch are you the one the queer season, I'm oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the MTV one? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 4: See. I didn't even know about it until I was somebody else told me about it, and I'm watching this and I'm like, Okay, this is an actual queer reality show where there is some hint of what it's like to actually be queer, and I'm just enjoying it so much more. In the premise for people who don't know, is that everyone on the show is either bisexual or pan sexual or whatever you want to say, and so every combination is possible, and uh, I mean, what better what better reality show could you come up with? But I think we just don't. I hadn't heard even heard about it, which is, you know, probably because it's not MTV and Netflix just blasted us with, you know, after that ad for it that Nick and jessclichheaded after the finale of Love Is Blind, when it was just like so weirdly offensive because Vanessa just said a bunch of shit and then he's the queer one. It was like they tried to bait what's his name, I'm not gonna remember his name into looking like he was being transphobic. And it was really like the person he was with was actually acting like calling him soft and calling him all these different things that were implying that he was gay.
Speaker 7: You remember this, Oh yeah, Jacquelina, and it is there you go.
Speaker 4: And they kind of baited him a little bit into seeming transphobic, and it was all very like, I don't know, it felt really weird, shitty, And then they were like, and now the queer.
Speaker 2: Altim All right, now that we've done that.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly, so I think I don't know, I haven't finished. Are you the one?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: I don't know if it takes some hard turn into some fucked up ship, but for now I think it's I think it's so much more fun. That is my underrated.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're underrated is the queer querl tomato the ultimatum?
Speaker 4: No, my underrated is are you the ones?
Speaker 2: Are you the ones?
Speaker 4: I overrated? It's the querldimatum.
Speaker 2: The drama in the Queer Ultimatum is it's wild man, it's zat you got to watch this show man. It's so is as just like you're in a you know, like assist head relationship. I'll just assists had to do it. But when I watching, I'm like, wow, man, they go zero to hundred real quick on this one too. I love it. I love it makes for great reality TV. And then are you The one thing really was like I watched a lot for whatever reason, I've watched a lot of argue. The one but it's always my thing was like, man, y'all need to just open this up to people who aren't just like it's just guys and girls all the time. And it was one of the more entertaining seasons. I don't know if I finished it though, because I think like something like my free drama.
Speaker 4: I feel like, you know, we know how to do drama, and it's it's a lot of fun and you.
Speaker 2: Do it well.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk some news.
Speaker 8: All right, and we're back, and we've spent a little bit of time over the past week puzzling.
Speaker 1: Over what the fuck exactly is going to happen in the twenty twenty four presidential election on the Republican side, on the day Democratic side. I think a lot of people the mainstream Democratic Party was hoping it would just be a coronation, a long, one long coronation of Joe Biden. But we're starting to see r FK Junior with all of in all of his problematic anti science glory pick up momentum. Like I'm just hearing people mention. I think it's just like a branding thing. It's just he that people are like, well, he's the other guy. So we like have to listen to intern with Roger Stone too, And it's not like no, nobody is saying our FK Junior is going to challenge Biden if Biden remains healthy and able to run. But that also is such a fucking question at this point, Like I feel like I'm talking about a Lakers playoff run with Anthony Davis, like you know, like a perennially injured player, and yeah, I don't know, it's just it feels really tenuous.
Speaker 2: Well at this point, I mean just it is what I mean, he's gonna run. There's no we don't have anything viable in terms of a progressive challenger and the Democratic side or the Democrat side. So it's just like because of that, RFK Junior is just getting the oxygen, because there's really what I mean, Marian Williamson, you know what I mean, and a few other people, but really take off. No, the orb energy is not coming back around this time. I don't think we're not getting that big arb energy. We didn't was that however, many years ago, seven years ago. But yeah, I mean, I think that's just kind of what happened. You know, you just saw the DNC just completely change the primary schedule around and just signaled to everybody else being like, don't even fucking think about trying to come up this guy right now if you are a Demo, if you're like a mainstream Democrat, because it ain't happening right and yeah, and we all suffer because usually if you have someone at least to the left of Biden in the Democratic primary, it forces Joe Biden didn't to start saying things that are to the left of Joe Biden to you know, obviously find a way to court as many votes as possible. But I don't know about this time. He's he might just be like, remember.
Speaker 1: All that cool stuff I promised last time?
Speaker 2: Yeah that again that except.
Speaker 1: It would be nice if he had to tangle with it, you know, acknowledge that shit and like keep moving, keep like keep stay accountable. In some way, it would also be good for him, Like the only people it's good for him to like run unchallenged is like the just you know, James Carville and like people like that who just have this idea that like you just have to be as center as possible, like the the there are people being like and uh, somebody on the left would contribute to media stories about Dems in disarray, which is like they're really worried about that media narrative. I remember that, like from when I listened to like the Crooked Media podcasts, like they could always be so hurt. Anytime there was a media story about like the Democratic Party being in disarray or like you know, having it having problems, It's like, who gives a shit, Nobody cares. It's just it's just like insidery like internally looking like gossip columns for Democratic operatives and like nobody cares.
Speaker 2: I just don't Yeah, I'm I don't see and I don't know who's going to enter the race at this point. Yeah, And I mean it is what it is, I think. But again, this is part of this is like the this Christmas for the DNC, because we talk about this all the time. They're whenever they articulate a vision, it's like half fast, like quasi progressive, and then but then they really lean on but we ate them on the right. Yeah, and that's it. They're not selling people on a like real vision outside of well, we're not these people who are you know, frothing at the mouth like want to be fascists or you know they are, but you know what we mean, you know, that's that's sort of the extent of it. So it doesn't doesn't lead to the most inspiring campaigns you can have that paint a vision for people to be like yeah, okay, I can get behind something that is a little bit beyond just the fucking status quo.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean so basically, the Democratic Party is once again going to sabotage itself with their logic that it's better to run to the center, and they'll be able to run to the center because nobody's challenging them from the left unless Cornell West is like willing to. So he's announced that he was running. First, he announced he was running on the People's Party ticket.
Speaker 2: Which is terrible, like problem, like a Party just so full of problems. They're like, first of all, like not even ten years old, like seven years old. The person who started it has all these allegations of like assault, and a lot of people were like scratching their heads like this is the really Cornell West? Like you you kind of you have your.
Speaker 1: Shit together for the most part. What what the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: Then then I think after he was pressed on a lot of these allegations like why why are you running with the People's Party, and then he's like, Okay, I'm also gonna seek that. I'm actually seeking the nomination of the Green Party. Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's doing the Green Party now, which in the Green Party is like we're we welcome it. That's great, but that I guess that's even though that does make his campaign seem like it's not well planned out. I don't really give a shit about that, Like we need we need some chaos energy in here. And maybe it means that he'd be willing to audible and run for in the Democratic primary.
Speaker 2: I don't think he should do that. I just don't think. I don't. I don't someone like Cornell West, who's like an avowed socialist, I don't like just like getting just doing that dance. We see what happens when you come from the left, like truly from the left and run as a Democrat, Like they just they're just gonna fuck you up and just just marginalize you. And I get that we do need some kind of magnetic force to pull Biden to the left, because I think that's really the only thing that the Democrats have in terms of like an evolution on policy. Like I get the need for that, but there's part of me too, like cause we talk about all the time about how are we going to have like an effective, real third party that like might represent like this whole cohort of progressives that exist and like you know, leftists in the country, And it's like you got to like we need to start seeing some people enter Congress like that too, Like you can't just be every four years we talk about this thing, like we need some other ways to begin establishing some roots within Congress. Also that creates some kind of viable block of like a third party. And so that's why I'm like, I do like I want him, you know, I see the appeal in that, But part of me is like it just seems a little bit short. It's a little short sighted, but at this point we're like we're just we're running out, Like I don't know, I don't know what is gonna what the platform is going to be at this point because right now the Republicans are basically saying like, yeah, we don't need Medicare, Medicaid or Social Security and things like that, and that's just a gift to Democrats who just have to say, well, I like it.
Speaker 4: When Cornell was just such a like he's such a Bernie Sanders and that he like I remember when Occupy Wall Street started and I was in grad school in Virginia and it was literally just watching Cornell West sitting at Zukkat Park and talking to all these people and just saying, this is like a loving crowd and everything. And I like got on a fucking bus and went there. You know, it's like he's got he's got like that that special thing. But you know, I don't know, other than pushing Biden left, it just doesn't seem like it's going to happen, which is a bummer. But uh, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Think because we get on this cycle. Yeah, because like even right even with with Bernie in the last primary and other other candidates with like slightly more progressive ideas than Biden. Biden said those things, but when he got in office, he didn't fucking do any of it. So like in that word to say yeah, yeah, like so in that sense, I'm like, I don't know what that really gives us substantively, you know, And I think that's where we have to kind of think a little bit bigger here and just know like this, like we're forestuck in this duopoly, but we have to be a little more long, longer term and thinking like, Okay, how can we how can we try and claw this kind of thing back? And this is this is a conversation that's been being had and debated for decades now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, But I mean Cornell West is also a very young man at the age of seventy, So you know, there's something to build here. We can build, you know, do something with this campaign and then maybe next time, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, who knows, maybe maybe he can't, you know. Like I think that's what's what's potentially good too about him running, is like he can just be just a socialist out there talking about socialist policy and it is what it is without him running as a Democrat and again triangulating because he's running as a Democrat, So it's like, you know, it's it's it's a double edged sword when you look at it. But again, I mean, like I've I think he's I think he's a great mind and the kind of person whose ideas are so sorely needed to be discussed out in the open on like a national stage for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if nothing else, like just hearing that message, even if it's not doing shit for the election, is something. And hearing it said by someone who's so well spoken and like an interesting person in that he's he uses Christianity in such an interesting way, which I think is like it is a doorway to more people, and that's something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's And I think there's been so much there's been a lot of like argument too, because like he I think he announced his candidacy on Russell Brands show that people were like what another fuck no, but.
Speaker 4: It's not it no, But I mean Russell Brand for like a why there was a very different person and maybe just hasn't fucking caught up to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like the last time I was twenty seventeen. Yeah, since the pandemic oh, what the fuck is this? Now?
Speaker 4: I love that Messiah stand up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he also like wrote an op ed like a lot of he was getting criticism because you wrote this op ed about like that. The Wall Street Journal sort of used like one line of it to make it seem like Cornell was heaping praise on Ronda Santis, which he was very narrowly about one thing he did. Yeah, and he and Cornell West was like, look, I disagree with him on ninety eight percent of the issues, but two percent I do agree that, like, you know, the classics, teaching the classics, teaching the classics. I'm like, and then part of me is like, well, but then I'm also scratching my head. I'm like, don't give Ronda Santis not even a rose pedal. No, we don't need to narrowly agree with him like that. But he's trying to do coalition building in at a time that's just so crazy, Like like the person you're building a Yeah, I just think it needs to be someone you like, I think, a real but you know person that could have some momentum to someone younger too, because you know, all of these people are straddling the same eras and have different ways of looking at politics, even Cornell West. It's like it's a bit it's a bit different, especially for older black people. Like we hear all the time about like the whole respectability politics issue and where people fall in line with that, and I think we just it's we're just like looking at the options. I was like, Okay, so whose grandpa is it? Right? And we just need like we I think what's also missing is that youthful energy which would capture even more people, because most people just feel like they're being talked to by an elderly person. Yeah, and it's like the fuck, man, you don't even know what the fuck you don't know what the word yeat means and.
Speaker 4: You want to be president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Constitution out the window. It's just like one of those things where I think that's also a huge, huge, huge dimension to a candidate that's missing, Like someone younger would is like us would get to capture a lot more minds also, but you know, here we are, we see what happens, like the establishment and the DNC, the media can all come together and like you've always say, Jack, like there's an aversion to anything left of the status quo and it will purge it if you play within that arena.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's so much hunger for it. There's so much, like I feel like handle correctly, he could run a campaign that would get that would like build on Bernie's momentum. Like the everything that we've heard about the Sanders campaign of like twenty twenty is just that like it it was the final wall. It was just like running into the final wall. And I don't know, but it also signaled that there's like a shitload of like public support for a lot of these ideas. Yeah, and I just I also feel like we are in a position for something historically bad to happen with this president who is just like so old and his vice presidential candidate. It like there's just there's not a lot of like insurance for like something that could go up in flames. We we haven't bought home insurance. And it's like Kamala, So like if he is physically not able to run in twenty twenty four, it's going to be Kamala Harris. Like that's a true like nightmare that could land you with Trump as president in prison.
Speaker 2: Like it's just it's.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeahh but yeah, Day one he'd get himself out. But yeah, it's it is just like we're living in historically fucking wild times and and the fact that there's not more flexibility or more kind of planning happening, and it's just like, well, we can't acknowledge that there's anything but the Democratic Party that it's just we're we're in a bad spot.
Speaker 2: It feels like heading into this one, yeah, people will be pinching their noses to the fucking ballot box. Yeah, because yeah, I mean like that's and that's why I feel so hopeless, because like if you're if you're someone who looks at the Democratic Party, you're like, this doesn't fucking represent the fuck. I think like this is like maybe three three percent of it, you know maybe Yeah, But then and then your only option is to be like, well, you know, the establishment comes together to make sure that our only options are fucking just fascism now or like slow creep to fascism with like can take cloth, you know, like ye're taking a knee and in the rotunda, like it's just yeah, it doesn't it doesn't feel good. It doesn't feel good. But yeah, I think that's why it's like, you know, building on finding another way to to sort of form a proper insurgent like voting block like I think is also critical to like a longer term like idea of how we can just move past it, because I'm the Democrats aren't going to fucking hand the reins over to like socialists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like some of the conversation has been taken over by this like tactical like you know, the political not not political activists, but like the political operative class, and it's like, well, how are you.
Speaker 2: Going to build that thing?
Speaker 1: And it's it feels like, well, I don't know, it seems it seems impossible. You get into the like, well, how exactly you're going to do it, and it feels like somebody needs to provide the like why we're going to do it? And then you know, yeah, people, people, and the just sheer amount of energy that like what will surprise people and the how will like kind of figure itself out.
Speaker 2: The thing that works against it is just the fear people have of Republicans taking over everything. Yeah, which is why so many people who are who aren't Republican voters and are to the left of that or left of center, right, Yeah, are you know every time you hear something about like, well maybe if Corne no, he's gonna take votes away from Biden, and then what's gonna happen? Yeah, and then what's gonna happen? Like that's all that's the knee jerk response to someone like that has appeal entering, is that they're just gonna get bashed down with like the fear stick of being like, but then, but then Joe Byron won't might not win, and that's not good because and then you're right back to fucking your voting crypt every time. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: The Supreme Court has upheld ICWA, the Indian Child Welfare Act of nineteen seventy eight, which was aimed at preventing Native foster children and adoptees from being separated from their families and tribes. The vote was seven too, although the Court didn't really engage with the challenger central argument that the existing law unconstitutionally discriminates based on race because they had not suffered a concrete harm and could not sue was kind of their central idea.
Speaker 2: But this all revolves.
Speaker 1: Around like an evangelical Christian couple who are trying to adopt a baby of Navajo and Cherokee descent, and they were were able to still we're able to adopt the baby despite ICWA, but they sued to challenge its constitutionality because, as one of the parents wrote on her blog, the law is destroying the hearts of children across the country every day and it is devastating them.
Speaker 2: But when you really but when you start picking it apart, it has nothing to do with that at all. This was entirely about taking away the authority of Congress to protect the sovereignty of tribal land and people. And that's why every sick fuck and corporation that has been as a boner for taking like tribal land and shit lined up to fucking represent these people. In the case, there's fucking law firm that represented this these these couples pro bone were the same people that were working with the Dakota Access pipeline. Yeah, like this was they took them on pro bono just out of the kindness of their heart, because they cared about this couple and their children. There are other clients, Chevron and Google. Yeah, and I think that's why it's it's really like, you know, the opinions were really interesting to see, like but Neil Gorsitch wrote with pretty pretty decent summation of everything that was like at stake here Alito and Thomas, Holy shit. Clarence Thomas was like doing some made some debunked argument that didn't make sense. Alito was like, I don't know, Like I think, like white people, if they're good, like they should be able to take like a baby from wherever. That's my dissenting opinion. Uh, And the others are like, this is absolute horseshit. I think it's important to note, right, like the reason that whole the the the Indian Child Welfare Act even came to be was because of like the like very very implicit policy of cultural genocide in the eighteen seventies with Indian boarding schools and taking kids away and just taking just trying to assimilate the shit out of these kids, so there's like no tribal identity. And then on top of that, these places were funded off the sales of tribal land, so shit was so fucking backwards to begin with that this was like a small step in just like upholding this sort of this sovereignty. But yeah, it's wild to think how many like corporations were truly like they wanted at this because it would weaken a lot of other things. It wasn't necessarily just about you know, getting these babies into the right homes.
Speaker 4: And what's so interesting if you do look in the past of that, I think is like what we were talking about with the two party system is like the taking away of children was like a progressive stance because the republican or not republican because it's changed obviously, but like the conservative stance was like on a side, right, and so it was like actually a progressive thing at the time, which I think is like kind of shows what we were talking about before, where we're choosing between these two things and like one is like a slower process of the same thing, right, And so I think it's just, uh, yeah, this is a big win and I'm so glad.
Speaker 2: Yeah to two decisions man voting right now, Gail, I guess what it is? So you think is it damage control for the prior ship or is it a setup move for something worse down the road, or.
Speaker 3: Is it.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it does feel like a bit of like damage control because they're like, yo, we're fucking up bad. Like let's do some let's do the bare minimum and uphold these things that are sort of the tenets of you know what, our kind of our half hearted society is here. And yeah, I don't know, it definitely helps. I mean we haven't we haven't talked about Harlan Crowe or Clarence Thomas's you know, h like financials in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got he got that extension. He's got a cool professor who was like, yeah, you can have an extension. So thanks prof Thanks dude. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back, we'll talk Taylor Swift, we'll talk a satanic panic stories.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: And so like this is just a story of like the industriousness of the American spirit at this point, this is this is the good, good news story. So Taylor Swift concert tickets are impossible to get. So Swifties who were shut out of the ability to go to the show can now buy some loose confetti from the ones who were able to go. All right, people who went to the show, and presumably like some of this is just they justly went to party city, right, but they're claiming, they're claiming that they're taking. They're grabbing handfuls of the confetti reselling it online. The pricing isn't that bad, It's only thirteen dollars for a pack of ten. But my reason for ten strips of fucking ten pieces of confetti from the concert though, Miles, I don't think you understand. It's from the concert to get to as we call down the streets. You're buying a loose fetti for thirteen bucks.
Speaker 3: Lucy's all right, by Lucy, Lucy's but much less popular than buying you know, regular confetti is confetti.
Speaker 1: Lucy's just a single loose piece of confetti for sure. But yeah, they're claiming, Like one seller pointed out that the confetti is somewhat limited at the show, only floor seats and maybe some of the one hund hundred sections can even get confetti. It's just like such a perfect encapsulation of It's like people who are already wealthy or well connected enough to be on the floor at like the hardest concert to attend in recent modern history are just like gathering up the confetti from the ground. I can tell you the trash from privileged world and sell it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's elite elite confetti. You guys, I I'm going to tell you something that may undermine my credibility on the show. But I have Taylor Swift tickets the Seattle show. But the funny thing is is I was able to get them. My partner and I were able to get them first round. It was no problem. We just got tickets. And then suddenly everything exploded and came toppling down. And so I'll be gathering some loose confetti and I'll send it to you. Don't I don't actually have good seats though on any No.
Speaker 2: I don't have to. I don't have a problem that you're going to the Aras tour. I have a problem that I have a problem that you can't get me loose petty off the floor. That's my issue.
Speaker 4: So get it together, please, Well maybe I can get you know, maybe I can get in a fight for you and else.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, cause a headline something like that.
Speaker 1: Another confetti salesperson pointed at that pointed out that people are getting mad at her, but she's just following Taylor's lead because Taylor Swift has created an insane business model, a capitalist empire that's easy for people to jump on and that fan is also flipping sixty five dollars tour crew necks for two hundred dollars each. So I mean, I I appreciate the hustle, Like these don't seem like they're they seem like they're just trying to make money to recoup the fact that they spent they might have spent like an entire I check on this.
Speaker 2: I just love the passionate defense of that Eddi salesperson that said Taylor Swift is created an insane business model. People are getting mad that I'm selling confetti like thirty dollars, But what's crazy is that A people are buying it, and B you're in denial thinking Taylor Swift is not a capitalist. That's right, Oh my god, Because yeah, I mean, like, I've never seen somebody truly milk their audience like this to be like, Yo, you could buy this album with one extra song on it in a new album cover. Yeah, and they're like yes, yes, I mean god, I wish I I'm in the wrong business. I think I'm gonna I might just go just to get some of this confetti.
Speaker 1: The confetti, Like, I truly can't imagine anyone going through the trouble of gathering up the confetti off the floor and then like selling it for thirteen dollars for ten strips like that?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 1: Like are you bringing garbage bags with you? Like, I just think this has to be some pants, cargo pants?
Speaker 2: Where cargo pants. I've already thought this out, Jack, I've got cargo pants. Whoever, I'm coming with us cargo pants and we're stuffing them ships. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Big, are these single pieces of confetti because the picture does not have like a t scale scale pieces of confetti? Are they small band aid size?
Speaker 2: Like what are we saying?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking band aids. I've never seen confetti. Like the picture is really close up, really shows the texture, full spectrum of colors too. Yeah, the colors are great.
Speaker 2: It's a good are selling right now? Yeah, you guys don't want to get it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I've purchased two packages twenty pieces of You said that was an investment for your kids college.
Speaker 2: It's for the future, and.
Speaker 4: For sure get two dollars off if you buy three.
Speaker 2: So yeah, business business planning. But I mean, Jack, this is the same thing like when those like wacky racist people were like bottling up fucking splash Mountain Water before they made it all woke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, like they're only the same water. No, I guess not. They're probably shutting it down for a while, so who.
Speaker 2: Knows either way. It's like you don't know what the fuck if that's even what they're.
Speaker 4: Selling you for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Like yeah, no you go to part not you get like I'm putting this in the same category of like it's not worth it to like carry that shit out with you, Like it's just so annoying to like be going to the concert and carrying out just like loose handfuls of confetti enough to make it like worth getting, Like so you would have to have two hundred to even get Like I don't know, it's just you're making a three.
Speaker 2: Oh, how do you pay for your like okay, can't what's the formula to pay for your floor seat by selling the loose stetti after like.
Speaker 1: The margins on the sixty five dollars a piece for two hundred dollars each, Like that kind of makes sense, but it's still like are you bringing are you bringing a fucking fork left with you to the show? How many of these shirts are you getting? So I feel like these are all just grifters. Like the internet is just oh yeah, so full of grifters. This is These are not people who actually went to the concert. These are people just taking advantage. Like there's also somebody selling ziploc bags of eras tour air, which I think is a joke.
Speaker 2: But that's a great grift, man, Come on now. But again, I but it's like, this is just this is where we're at. It's like the same you see the same thing, and every fandom, right, like especially with Trump. Trump grifts his all of his fans. Yeah, and they grift each the fuck out of each other, you know, because they see like, oh shit, y'all buy anything. Okay, watch this, y'all want Trump Bucks and people are fucking buying them if you are. Okay, So floor seats for the Sofi Stadium show in La thirty five hundred, So quick maths on that. I need to sell like three hundred.
Speaker 1: Bundles of food spand so you have to gather three thousand pieces of fetti while you're there. Okay, So dollars like a lot? Yeah that seems like a lot. Yeah, all right, I'm not up on the feti game, but.
Speaker 2: I mean, but or the smartest person are the workers who have to clean up after the show, and when they brooming that ship up, You're like, yeah, get that in the bag. I could watch this that I can sell it to someone who has left Earth and I can sell to them on eBay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully that's that's who's doing enough, or hopefully it's just a grifter.
Speaker 2: What is it? What is something that would seemingly be detritus to anyone else that you would pay actual dollars for? Is there anything like that for either of you? Chelsea Jack, Like if there was, even if it's something you thought of, like oh, something from this movie or something from this concert or this even if it was this artist's fingernail, right, because I mean.
Speaker 1: Somebody could get me seemen sample of Grimaces. Yeah, I've got a I got a big hair collection. So it's famous people that I don't talk that much about, but you've seen it. Yeah, yeah, I keep talking.
Speaker 4: If I could get something from the Donner Party, that's what I want. I have a big daughter party, scholar and yeah, if I could get I don't know, I get some like dirt from their cabin, I'd pay something. I paid thirteen bucks for.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, just off the strength of on me, like you know this, Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 4: Open there open their jacket and it's just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would I would probably buy like like a roach that any like one of my favorite rappers smoked. Oh yeah, I would like I would buy one of those for like for cash. I mean, I'm not gonna pay I'm not gonna pay like one hundred bucks. But if someone's like, yo, man fucking met the man was smoking this blunt, I was like, Okay, what do you want to tell me?
Speaker 4: You run out of weed? You just pop that in your bong?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh no, never, even when I'm like that's never, I'll die sober before I sparked that Method Man, oh Chop bought for fifty dollars from on eBay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like whatever the cleaning crew took out of the studio after like a legendary recording session would actually.
Speaker 2: Be to have, like yeah, like even if it's like a old Cuckoo Roo plastic bag exactly, remember Cuckoo Roo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can hear that bag crinkle on this way in the uh torture sketch at the beginning of Method Man. All right, let's talk about the hobby Lobby Satanic display.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think that this.
Speaker 1: Is like the most twenty twenty three story of the day m hm.
Speaker 2: And it comes to us all the way from Texas, where an AI artist and member of the Satanic Temple mind You used mid Journey AI to basically take images like loaded images of the like aisles of Hobby Lobby, and the prompt was Hobby Lobby selling Satanic products, And what came out was stunning Bapa met demons, all the golt legs, everything you could imagine that would make a Christian person faint as they clutch their pearls. But yeah, if you know Hobby Lobby, the hobby store for Christian nationalists who like famously were like, We're not gonna pay for fucking any kind of contraception, and we can discriminate whoever the fuck we want to because that's our religious choice. So this person, Jennifer Vineyard made it, just wanted to fuck around with the AI and got these images and first posted it to like an AI like art page, and then other people just without even critically looking at it, started reposting it on Facebook, like this one woman. You can tell she's like reposting from something called ai art Universe. Yeah, and then this listenman says, well, I guess even the quote Christian owned companies can be bought for the right price. Severely disappointed. Holy shit. I mean it's just I mean, I get it. We're in another Satanic and nobody is you know, just credulously sharing shit. But yeah, it's just wold to see how quickly the thing spread. And then again boom culture wars.
Speaker 1: The size is the sizing is so far off. It's really funny. Like the the sculptures, the like head, the bust of Bafomet is like, you know, ten times the size of the nearest thing. One of them actually looks like they have little demons like sitting on a shelf next to like air fresheners and shit and like live laugh, love car. Yeah, like baby sized or like toddler sized demons just sitting there like five times the size of anything else in the hobby lobby that you can see in the picture. And they're just like yeah, man, and it's fucked up out there.
Speaker 2: Huh. Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you go back to like the eighties Satanic panic and nineties, I think this is a great example of something that happens with an urban legend, and especially the Satanic panic is like it's called ostench, right, And it's like when there's already some kind of legend. Right, So if we think, okay, a town's already worried about a Satanic cult because you know, animals ate another animal weird and left its carcass there, or you know there's been a murder and nobody can explain it. So there's already this panic around Satanic colts. And so a teenager goes and that's what I see here, is like a teenager going and spray painting Satan lives on like an underpass. And then because this person's reacting to a panic that already exists and having fun with it and like fulfilling it and fucking with it, then it perpetuates the same problem because then the people who already believe in the legend take it seriously.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's just exactly chatry to jump in here. Correct. Teenagers would never do something so callous and chaotic as to play into an existing urban legend just to fuck with people.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, not.
Speaker 1: Teenagers, not my teenagers.
Speaker 4: It is or those with a teen spirit who are making ai.
Speaker 2: R right, like who's apparently like a pharmacist in training in the article they like have like eyah, I'm trying to be a pharmacist, but also like fuck fuck this, like these people freaking out over shit. The comments on it are people said I haven't seen this in ours, but it's been a couple of weeks since I've been in there. That's insane. Another person had half a brand and said I'd have to see this in person before I'd believe it. Good for you, uh, dear Facebook user. Another one said, wow, now this is crazy. Did the Christian owners sail or are they just incompromise and cross the line and gone woke? This is absolutely insane and the line real Christians would never crossbody.
Speaker 4: Such a famously Christian change. That's what I love about, which I think that's why they did it, right.
Speaker 2: I love the prodding of it to be like, well, what about your sacred hobby lobby? Guess what they're in bed with Bahamet over there, like yeah, we have met anymore. There's another I just love this one. Screw Satanic people. Screw Satanic people. Look all I'm after they qualifying. Screw Satanic people. Look all I'm saying is that Satanic people are stupid and obviously you worst the damn devil. I think may have meant you worship the damn devil and stuff like that, and that's disgusting. I could never And Satanic people can go work right really where they belong, which is hell, Yeah, okay, at least they're working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody wants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless you're a Satanic person and then you've got you got your late for your shift. In hell, you're.
Speaker 4: Working twice as hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I mean, like, I don't hear this, This is this feels like more of what we're gonna see, more and more of shit like this to your point, like Chelsea of people already like on an edge or like on a on like a tight wire and all it's just a little bit of like visual stimulus to suddenly kick it right back in and be like, oh my god, this is true. I don't even know. I'm not even I can't even think critically anymore. This is true, is all I needed to see, because my confirmation bias said to.
Speaker 4: Three million, well do you guys think that this kind of thing is helpful or do you? Because I look at this sometimes and like as much as I don't want to feel this way, I'm like, ah, you're really like, I think this is funny. I think it's great to piss and out piss off and outrage and freak out people. But then it's like it does have the same effect of just adding to this story. So I just I don't know, and I don't think this person really meant that to happen, because it looks like it just was pulled, right. It was pulled from some yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Then they posted it like on Reddit and like on their own Facebook, and then just it took off on its own.
Speaker 4: But it wasn't a hoax, a purposeful hoax necessarily.
Speaker 2: I think it was probably half hearted. All see where it goes. See where it goes, because I'll make an image that people will take seriously. Now what people do with it after that? I mean, she said her one regret was that she didn't spend more than ten minutes making it. Is like some people were like, I see pound signs next to the prices, Like, I don't know if this is happening in the US then yet the.
Speaker 1: People are like, oh no, yeah, because in other countries like put pound signs next to prices.
Speaker 2: To your point, Yeah, I don't know. I mean for sure like it for it prolongs this this situation, uh in people's minds, especially for the people who probably are not thinking critically and are just like, yep, and that's yeah, it's even Hobby Lobby. And then someone will tell them that's fake and they're like, but i'd believe it if it happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then the fact that it's Hobby Lobby is helpful to me because it's like you are like, if you're going to weaponize this against something, then at least it's against you know.
Speaker 2: That's the only reason I even brought it up, because if it was someone doing that shit in Target or whatever, I'm like, no, this is like that. I don't I see this pure cynicism in it. But because of Hobby Lobby's you know, reputation as being an upstanding Christian company that discriminates indiscriminately like it is, then I feel a little less But I but I think it's an important thing. And I guess for you, someone who looks at this kind of thing, how could you like, is there anything anyone could do to abbreviate something like this? Because it seems like once it's out there, people are gonna believe what they believe. And we see this and this especially post truth era we live in, where even if they're presented with the truth, they still pivot to something like yeah, but I could see how it would would be real and.
Speaker 4: It just yeah, yeah, I mean it's a million dollar question, I think, And I mean I always solve this, yeah, yeah, yeah, how do we te grid of the Satanic panic? Since we did it so well before? But I don't know, I mean I go back and forth because it does feel like an uphill battle that's possibly. I mean, this is a this is so ancient. This is an ancient thing. I mean if you go back to like even Jewish blood libel with Christian saying okay, Jewish people are Satanic and they're sacrificing children, and you know, this is like a thousand years or more. So it's like, I don't know, I think it's just like we were talking about with moral panics all over the world. This is just the most entrenched thing because you're dealing with what you consider the biggest evil, right, and so when you have this, especially like you have like a Satanic child killer of some kind, which apparently we all are. You know, it's easy then to justify whatever you want to do, and so I don't think people are going to let go of the ability to demonize literally an entire group of people or entire political affiliation or whatever, and then you know, justify whatever they want to do in retaliation to that evil. So I don't know if it's I think, you know, sometimes I get pissed off at certain celebrities that really play into sort of the satanic Illuminati thing as a lark, But I do think it has a lot of negative effects for people who aren't like massively rich celebrities in small towns, who might say, okay, like this is connected to gay people because a gay artist has like really played into the satanic thing. I think that that can have some damage, But I would never say that it's not. I don't know it's I really tow a line there of not being sure, because I do feel like sometimes it trickles down and does harmful things to really play into that. But at the same time, I don't know if it really truly makes a difference or if it's just entrenched and always going to be there.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I feel like the fact that these are all like the sizing is off. Everything's like just a little too stupid, Like I think that makes it extra fun and worth while. Like I have no notes on this because it's inherently like it's exposing the stupidity of the people who would get mad at this by being like this is the hobby lobby is selling these like life sized satan ensconss next to Yankee candle decorations.
Speaker 4: And it's not even Halloween.
Speaker 2: It's just like, yeah, just.
Speaker 1: Bot of that head in the middle of the fucking lamp aisle is so they're.
Speaker 4: They're not even baphomets. Really, I don't even know. They're like dark angels with wings coming out of their heads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like one god, one goady head, but yeah, a lot are just sort of vague ai demonic regalia.
Speaker 1: I truly have no notes on I think they should have a second thought about, like whether they should have spent more time on it, because I think they spent just the exact right amount of time. I think is like one of the last like things that one.
Speaker 2: Of the last things we have before.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, like we we have to like create truth that is like I don't know, we.
Speaker 2: Need for comfort. Yeah, I think, if anything, go harder and make it, like, go for the most unbelievable thing possible where it's like they're selling Jesus and Baphomet sixteen nining golfs in the kids aisle at hobby lobby like here they are and people, I mean, I'm sure it's just so funny because people are like, so, it's just it is. Again, it's like horrifying too that some people are really like, yep, those are the stakes and that's the situation. I mean, they are making this kind of stuff. Yeah, it's like wow, okay, well anyway, but I like through satanic people.
Speaker 4: Look, you're gonna get so many comments where words that shouldn't be capitalized are and it's just complete capitalization anarchy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, totally, Yeah, I do. I do love that it was a satanic was treated as a proper adjective. Yeah, you know, so again this person woke moralists? Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that what that quote was from Jordan Peterson? Oh yeah, go to hell, woke moralists. It's not on my quote of the day calendar I have for Oh yeah, it's coming up though, just coming away, Chelsea is such a pleasure having you as always, Where can People Find You?
Speaker 2: Follow you all that stuff?
Speaker 4: You can find American Hysteria wherever you get your podcasts. If you have an urban legend, do you want to share with us and listen to the show, You can go to American Hysteria dot com and leave us a little message. You might get it investigated. And then I'm mostly on Instagram these days, which is at American Hysteria podcast and I am like terrifying, Like I'm terrified on Twitter, but I go on there like once a day, and that's at a mere hysteria. There you go, Thanks for having me, you guys.
Speaker 2: Is there a work of media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Ooh, you know, there's a podcast I really love called Bone Valley and it's an investigative kind of true crime podcast. But it made me just cry my eyes out in a good way and it's about kind of a false conviction, and yeah, I would recommend it. I won't say too much more about it, but that would be my heartful recommendation.
Speaker 2: There you go, Miles Where can People Find You? Is their work of media you've been enjoying? At Miles of Gray where they got the at symbols if you want to hear basketball talk, well, then check out Miles and Jack Got Boost, the number one NBA podcast on Earth. Don't well, I don't know if that's definitely true, absolutely true, but that's what it is in my heart. And if you want to hear me talk more about trash reality shows, including Actually We're finishing up Love is Blind and also in the new season of Before the ninety Days, check me out on four to twenty day Fiance with Sophia Alexandra and let's see. I don't know what else do I have anything? Oh? I was just gonna say, y'all need to be watching the Other two the newest season. Oh god, it's so good. It's so fucking good. Funny. Yeah, it's just it. It's like one of it's like one of the most potently written comedies I feel like on TV right now, and it's just killing it's killing it right now. So please the other two get into it. Amazing.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter, Jack Underscore, O'Brien, you can find I've been enjoying at peating Disorder, tweeted at the gym before someone teaches me the words spotting. Hey, bro, will you take care of me? And protect me. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Brian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily zeike Geist. We're at d Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fanpage and a website, Daily zeikeeist dot com, where we post our episodes. On our footnotes, we link off the information that we talked about in today's episode as well as a song and we think you might enjoy, Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I just like just Stereo Lab, one of my favorite bands, and also like one of like when people sample Stereo Lab, it's it warms my heart. But I just want to go out just on like one of my favorites tracks. It's called the Flower called Nowhere. Check it out Stereo Lab, something nice, vampy and also like just like a good track to listen to go into your weekend. So here's Stereo Lab, the Flower called Nowhere. All right, Well, The Dailies has the production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 7: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning Back on Tuesday with a roundup.
Speaker 2: Of Long Weekend and we will talk to you all. Then Fight, Fight,