Speaker 1: You are Angela what I call her, ye.
Speaker 2: Yo, way up. It's way up at Angela, Yee. I'm here and look who's here today on my own brand, it's a Jasmine brand. Good morning Angela, Good morning Jasmine Brand, and happy Monday to everybody. This is always an opportunity to get your week started off on the rife, on the good foot, reset on the good for a nice reset. And we have I'm a Ray joining us today. She's currently on tour with Sabrina Carpenter amazing artists. No specific genre I could think of to put her in because of the music that she does.
Speaker 3: I'm a Ray.
Speaker 2: All right, and you know, we got a lot going on today though it's gonna be fun, and I also want to do some ut today. Somebody that we interviewed previously talked about getting scammed and now they're they've gotten I guess just too. So we'll discuss that later. But in the meantime, we got to start the show off with some love, with some positivity, with some shine a light. Eight hundred two fifty one fifty. Let's start this week off this Monday with some love and positivity. Call us up and let us know who you would like to shine a light on again. That's eight hundred nine two fifty one fifty is way up.
Speaker 1: Turn your lights on, y'all. It spreading love to those who are doing greatness. Shine the light on, shine a light on. It's time to shine a light on.
Speaker 2: It's way up. I'm Angela, Ye jasmine brand is here. I'm my home brand, and it's time to shine a light. And today I want to shine a light on Detroit's own. Ryan Destiny, oh you know her as the star of Star and also from Grownish, but she's now starring in The Fire Inside. That's the movie that's about CLARESSA Shield is coming out on Christmas Day, and I actually hosted the screening of it and moderated the Q and a after with Ryan Destiny and Clarissa Shields for Culture on Friday. But when I tell you, she did a phenomenal job in this role. And one thing from sitting up on that panel, Clarissa was like, she was not Ryan wasn't her choice to play that role because she's very small, she's cute. She didn't think that she could pull it up. But when I tell you, she did an amazing job playing Clarissa Shields like she's an actress. She's an actress, but that's not an easy thing to do. You got to train in boxing, you got to get in the rings.
Speaker 3: It's like a hard one.
Speaker 2: She had to boke up. You know. It was a lot going on with that. But when I tell you she killed it in that role, because you know, a lot of times you're like, how can you see this person as that person? Yeah, and she really did bring that role to life. So I know you guys are going to love to see it, to see Clarissa Shield's whole story. Clarissa shild is from Flint, Michigan. Ryan Destiny's from Detroit. I love like a match made in heaven and yeah, so it was just a nice feeling to be up there. It's directed by a woman.
Speaker 3: Oh I love it.
Speaker 2: Good for them, by the way, all right, well that was my shiner light. Now, who do you want to shine a light on? Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty coca. Who you want to shine a light?
Speaker 4: I want to sign the line on mister Billy Spark. He is in the Army Reserves. He got hurt last year. It's been a long time coming, but he handles everything with grace. We just had a baby three months ago, and he is so supportive of me and our growing family, and I just love him so much, and I just really wanted to shine a light on him today.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, congratulations to both of you. That is so cute, and congrats on the happy and healthy three month old baby.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and Habitat of Humanity is building a house for him. Oh and he is so deserving and so if you guys go to Houston County Habitat of Humanity you can donate to his veteran bill directly.
Speaker 2: Can I just tell you I am hosting a gallicp for Habitat for Humanity there fortieth anniversary here in New York City and Westchester.
Speaker 1: I love Wow.
Speaker 4: That is amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations to both of you, and thank you so much for calling.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, and Habitat for human Sanity that anniversary is going to be October twenty second, so I'll make sure i'll post the information. You can also help build home to Habitat for Humanity and and donate money. But thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Thank you y'all.
Speaker 2: Have a good day you too. That was Shina light eight hundred and two niney two fifty one fifty if you couldn't get through, and when we come back, we have your yee t and we'll tell you about a former NBA star who Jasmine and I interviewed previously, who is gonna get his just due. He talked about getting defrauded out of seven million dollars. Will give you the details. It's way up.
Speaker 5: She's like a chout like they Angela Jean, like they Angela Jean Man.
Speaker 1: She's spilling it all.
Speaker 2: This is yet, well, it's way up with Angela Yee. I'm here, Jasmine brand is here.
Speaker 3: That's not just ny brand. I'm my own brand yet.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's talk about Calvin Darden Junior. If you don't know who he is, he is a man who was convicted of defrauding former NBA star Dwight Howard of seven million dollars. He is now facing a prison sentence of a eleven to fourteen years, and this is not his first time in legal trouble. He was sentenced to one year in prison back in twenty sixteen for impersonating his father, who was a successful businessman, in an attempt to purchase maxim magazine, and he also was found guilty of scamming former NBA player Tandler Parsons out of one million dollars. Well, here is what Dwight Howard had to say when he was on way Up with Angela Yee about this situation. I lost seven million dollars.
Speaker 6: I was going to try to purchase a WNBA team, got with some people.
Speaker 1: We put together this group.
Speaker 2: After I invested my money and disappeared, took the money.
Speaker 1: It's been in the news.
Speaker 2: They made a rests all right. So this was supposed to be him purchasing the WNBA Atlanta Dream Team, and the purchase of the team was made by a three member investment group and that seven million dollar contribution had no part in the transaction.
Speaker 7: Can you imagine investing seven million for and then getting scammed out of it.
Speaker 3: I'll be mad if he was seven thousand dollars skiing.
Speaker 2: I'll be mad if it was seven dollars. I don't have money like that. But you just defront it. And then what did you think you would get away with taking a fake seven million dollar investment? But you know, it's crazy that it took this long, because this was back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 7: Right, and this guy has a history of, you know, doing sketchy things like this apparently, so yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, now. Al Pacino recently did an interview with the New York Times and People magazine that was published over the weekend, and he talked about COVID and how he basically died for a moment. He had no pulse and he said he didn't see the white light or anything, and there's nothing there after death. He said, as Hamlet says, to be or not to be, and he says two words, no more. It was no more, You're gone. I'd never thought about it in my life, but you know, actors, it sounds good to say I died once. What it is when there's no more? And so they asked him whether his brush with death had changed how he lives, and he said not at all.
Speaker 3: I cannot just say this.
Speaker 7: Maybe that was his experience, maybe maybe other people have a different experience.
Speaker 2: With they he was like, there was no light, there was nothing.
Speaker 3: That was nothing for him.
Speaker 2: Man, that's scary. Well, he does have his memoir coming out, Sunny Boy, and so they said, he really details the experience in that memoir too.
Speaker 3: I didn't know he got that sick. I mean, that is very sick. He got sigdriing COVID.
Speaker 2: And you know he's eighty four years old right now, so he was eighty all right. Rihanna and Kenjack Lamar have reportedly declined headlining Coachella of twenty twenty five. They shared this report at Bloomberg and they published an article about the current state of the Indio music festival and its plans for next year. They've spent some odd times in the last few years, closed down during the pandemic, and then it didn't sell out over the past two years, and they said Coachella actually had its slowest ticket sales in ten years in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: I remember I lived in La for a while. I remember Coachelle used to be a huge deal.
Speaker 2: People used to come park really far away, red houses, whole things. All right. So, but apparently Kendrick Lamar is allegedly planning his own tour after the Super Bowl halftime show, doing stadiums. That makes sense, Yeah, it definitely does. And that also means new album, right yep, all right, well that is your yet when we come back, we have about last night. That's where we discussed what we did last night. In the meantime, let's hear from pop Smoke what you know about love is way up?
Speaker 1: So about last night went down?
Speaker 2: It's way up at Angela Yee, I'm here, Jasmine brand is.
Speaker 3: Here, I'm my home brand.
Speaker 2: Yes, and last night we actually, you would like, let's watch a horror movie but during the day, because you don't like to watch them at night.
Speaker 3: No, I do not.
Speaker 2: So the movie we ended up watching was House of Spoils on Prime Video.
Speaker 3: It was really good, right, it was a good pick, right.
Speaker 2: Yes. During Academy Award winn Ariana de Bo's I didn't feel like it was a horror movie so much.
Speaker 3: What do you kind of movie you think?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess kind of. But she's a chef, an amazing chef, and has an opportunity to go and open her own restaurant. And it's like in the middle of nowhere, but it shows that people will come out to a restaurant. It's it's a destination. Yeah that doesn't have anything around it. If it's something that is a cool concept, yeah, cool concept. And also with a really famous chef. So she was working for another famous chef and she left him to go start her own thing. We were horrified at the way she tried to get her to stay too.
Speaker 3: Because he tried to give her double a salary.
Speaker 2: First, he tried to double her salary. Then he told her that she was going to fail. Yeah, and he told her that she's not a boss.
Speaker 3: You're not a businessman, you're not a boss. You'll be back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was wild. Yeah, that industry is a very disrespectful one. It feels like competitive, I feel like. But yeah, so that's what we did yesterday, Ariana Dubo. She did a great job.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it makes me realize that I'm not into like fancy what restaurants and restaurants. I like regular stuff regularly.
Speaker 3: It was very very This.
Speaker 7: Is a leaf with uh turn up cucumber and on a broth of sunny egg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like, okay, it was too much amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have the palette for that to be a food critic, and food critics really have to be tough and harsh. Yeah, and a food critic can really destroy a restaurant. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, you don't eat a lot of stuff, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of things I don't eat and I over the weekend also had to do a panel for on the Revel the revel Re event that's a cannabis event, Legal Cannabis. It was huge and I got so many things to try.
Speaker 3: Did you get high?
Speaker 2: We did yesterday. And in addition to that, I also hosted a screening for Culture Con of Clarissa Shields's movie with Ryan Destiny starring as her love Clarissa. Yes, so The Fire Inside is the name of that's coming out Christmas Day. So I had a really active weekend, but just know that it was very productive. Yeah. All right, Well in the meantime, when we come back, it's a Monday, so let's get these secrets out of there. Tell us a secret. Eight hundred to nine two fifty one fifty. Y'all know this is a no judgment zone. You are anonymous. We are definitely not going to judge you. We just want to hear your secret so we could be like, oh my god, and then we can talk about it later, Like do you hear that person that called in and said they did S, Y and Z eight hundred fifty one fifty. Call us up and tell us a secret. It's way up, yo, way up.
Speaker 1: This is a judgment. Freeze all tell us a secret.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up with Angela. You happy Monday. It's me and Jasmine brand Hi Angela, and it's time for us to hold our judgments. Okay, and let our listeners call in and tell us a secret. This is a safe space for you, yes, to tell us anything that you've done in the past. Maybe you regret it, maybe you don't. Maybe it's just something that you've never told anybody and you don't want to keep on holding on to the burden of that secret. Eight hundred nine fifty one fifty anonymous caller tell us your secret.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm hitting my supervisor and the staff.
Speaker 7: So how many staff super rise of is one person? How many tew many staff members?
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 3: And you know you're not I don't believe.
Speaker 2: And nobody's trying to settle down with you.
Speaker 8: Now, I don't want to settle down with nobody, but.
Speaker 2: They're not trying to settle down with you.
Speaker 8: Sure you got to let them know what it is.
Speaker 2: You must not be that good.
Speaker 8: I'm very sure you.
Speaker 2: Have a girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Who are you just kind of just doing your own thing? Are you single?
Speaker 8: Immingling?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right, well you keep mingling, be safe a right, make sure are you using condoms?
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, I can't trust nobody.
Speaker 3: They can't trust you enough.
Speaker 2: You know, they be talking about him. They'd be like, who's getting with the passing around today? He said, Oh yeah, I am a passing round. He is, Hey, Anauta, miss Color, how are you?
Speaker 6: I'm finding you good?
Speaker 2: You want to tell me in Jasmine brand a secret.
Speaker 6: When I was with my ex seated on me your hat well sex for a female, and came home and tongue in my right after. So when I found out, I posed one of my exits and I had aver sex with him and then turns around and do the same thing.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, just passing around things. So you didn't break up with him though, you stayed with him.
Speaker 6: I just stay with him though. I just felt like I had to go head back.
Speaker 3: How did you know he did that to her? He told you, Oh no.
Speaker 6: You know, they're never going to tell you. So he had two phones, and I waited for him.
Speaker 4: To leave about the house.
Speaker 6: I grabbed his other phone. So when I grabbed the other phone, as he's walking out the door, he's chexting the girl telling her how wow.
Speaker 3: Oh my listen, my little feelings would have been hurt.
Speaker 5: Right, Oh my god, that's what that.
Speaker 2: Do you eat pineapples?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Apparently does too.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. But after all of that, you still stay with him? Now? Does that mean you're done? It was just one get back and now you trust him?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I never did something, so you still but you're still with him?
Speaker 3: Hey, you're still together.
Speaker 6: He passed away, so we're not together.
Speaker 3: Okay, story all right.
Speaker 6: Well, even if he still was alive, I wasn't ready to you behave after that, so we wouldn't have been together.
Speaker 2: Okay, this got morbid?
Speaker 7: Did well?
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling sharing with us, no problem, thank you? All right, Rest in peace to that man. All right, Well that was tell us a secret. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. Y'all really got some secrets. When we come back, we have your yee tea, and let's discuss love is blind. There is one guy on the show who is not what he seems. Will tell you about his three kids who he scrubbed off of Instagram. Oh all right, it's way up, Joe.
Speaker 1: She's about to blow the lid ab off this spot. Let's get it. Oh, Yeah, Angela's feeling that yee tea, Come and get the tea.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way yep with Angela. Yeah, I'm here, Jasmine Brand is here on my own brand, man Djoko too. At the box office, not looking so good. It opened at number one with forty million dollars. Now, initially there were projections of fifty million to sixty five million, But it looks like it's not gonna make it there.
Speaker 3: Do you know anyone that saw the film, Angela?
Speaker 2: No, but everybody keeps acting like it's not that good. Yeah, I know these people in this room, like Nick Navy Sale, who is a huge fan. Okay, and he said that he's not really excited to see it, right, Well, you're not okay, all right, all right. Now, Diddy's mother has broken her silence on his alleged sex crimes. Yes, and she said in this statement, I come to you today as a mother that is devastated and profoundly saddened by the allegations made against my son Sean Colmbs. It's heartbreaking to see my son judge not for the truth, but for a narrative created out of lies. To bear a witness what seems to be like a public lynching of my son before he has had the opportunity to prove his innocence is a pain too unbearable to put into words. And then she said my son may not have been entirely truthful about certain things, such as denying he has ever gotten violent with an ext girlfriend when the hotels surveillance showed otherwise. Sometimes a truth and a lie becomes so closely intertwined that it becomes terrifying to omit one part of the story, especially when that truth is outside the norm or it's too complicated to be believed.
Speaker 7: What well, First of all, judgment that's very wordy and very long. I mean, I know this has got to be a heartbreaking time for her, but it was.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this helped. I don't know if this statement.
Speaker 2: But she also said that this is why I believe my son's civil legal team opted to settle the ex girlfriend's lawsuit instead of contesting it until the end, resulting in a ricochet effect as the federal government used this decision against my son by interpreting it as an admission of guilt. What, ma'am, I just want to say, we saw the video. You can't in one hand say he did some wrong things, and then on the other hand say he didn't admit that he was guilty.
Speaker 3: I agree. I just think maybe she shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it says it's not the time maybe later to make a statement right now in the midst of all.
Speaker 3: But I understand that's a child.
Speaker 2: Because ruefully, and listen, that's her son. But with social media, nobody's going to be like, you're right at all at all? Yeah, all right now, Love is Blind season seven. Man, this guy Tyler Francis, and everybody was thinking that they were like the best couple on the show, him and Ashley. Well, it looks like he has some secrets on him. Okay, Now, according to a woman on Facebook the name by the name of Lovetta Thomas, he has three children oh with her daughter, and Lovetta then shared a handful of photos and screenshots of Tyler and his alleged three children, which proved that he is a dad of three and he did not reveal this to Ashley during their pod dates or in Mexico. So people are saying all different kinds of things. You know, the investigators are on TikTok right now. Yes, but here is what is being said, now, this is the tea that's been going around on TikTok. Here's gab with Gwenn.
Speaker 9: Okay Tyler from Love Is Blind Season seven was very active in all of his children's lives up until a year ago when he decided to ditch them and pretend like they didn't exist. This person said, I can confirm he has three children. It was not a sperm donor situation from.
Speaker 2: What he told everyone.
Speaker 9: In fact, he was so active in their lives that he owes thirty thousand dollars in child support for these children allegedly.
Speaker 2: So they're saying he scrubbed his whole social media of the kids.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm on his install his legs. I don't see no keys.
Speaker 2: So then people were trying to say that he is a sperm donor. Oh, but then there's pictures that were shared that make it seem like he was a lot more involved than just being a sperm donor.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 7: Not so, that's weird not to have a child. It's one thing you don't want to have your cheers on an ig, but least say I'm a dad, like, at least let it be known when you're you know, doing this show.
Speaker 2: Now, the woman Levetta is saying that he hasn't seen his three kids in quite some time, and so I'm not sure, but he did tell Ashley on the show that there's going to be people coming up from his past that would have some not so great things to say about him.
Speaker 3: You got some splaining to do, Tyler.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, well that is your yet when we come back under the radar, these are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They're flying under the radar. We'll talk about the chanel start getting broken into just two blocks away from here, and what was really shocking about it the amount of money. It's way up.
Speaker 1: Position in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up at Angela. Yee, I'm here, Jasmine Brand is here.
Speaker 3: I'm not just brand, I'm my own brand.
Speaker 2: And it's under the radar time. And let's start with some breaking news. Okay, this just happened. The Supreme Court declined today to hear an appeal from r Kelly, who's currently serving a prison sentence for federal sex crime convictions. He was already serving a thirty year sentence for sex trafficking. This is from a twenty twenty one New York case, and that's when he was convicted of child pornography in Chicago. He was sentenced to twenty years in twenty twenty three for that. And so the Supreme Court denied his appeal today without explaining the reasoning, and there were no noted descents. So federal prosecutors declined to respond to his appeal.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean sometimes I forget I forget about R. Kelly sometimes.
Speaker 2: M hmmm, yeah, I mean he's gonna be gone. Yeah, all right. Now, two men smashed into the Chanel store and this is literally two blocks from this job where we are at right now at iHeart.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we've purchased now, yes, we have.
Speaker 2: We actually left here one day to run over there and buy something. I haven't bought anything since that was a long time ago. Yeah, the purses were worth around ten thousand dollars, but they only got thirty thousand dollars worth of purses, so disappointing. And then they fled on foot. And there's no immediate description or arrest, but police are recovering surveillance video from the store. The store is now all boarded up this morning, So if you have any information, they want you to contact the police. Worth No, kiddy, if.
Speaker 7: You're want to break into if you're want to break into Chanelle, you gotta do more, you gotta do it better.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking they broke into Shanell. They got a whole bit crazy thirty thousand dollars. But good for Chanelle because that's not a crazy not that anybody should ever do that. The more expensive part is just placing that glass, which is always annoying. You know when someone breaks into your car and you're like, R corust me more to replace this glass.
Speaker 3: I just I really feel like they didn't think it through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they fled on foot and so you know, they broke through the window of the store.
Speaker 3: Three bags boom.
Speaker 2: All right, this happens seven pm on a Sunday. That's like not even late, that's just during the day. All right, Well, that is you're under the radar now, you know. We have the way up mixed at the top of the hour. Plus I'm a Ray is going to be joining us. She's currently on tour with Sabrina Carpenter. She has her roses our red tears are blue a Fountain Baby. She has the extended album that's out right now. But she is just an amazing artist. No specific genre that you could even place her in, and I think she wouldn't want it any other way. It's way up with Angela Yee, she'll be joining us today. It's way up, they say the rooms from industry shade to all of gossip.
Speaker 1: How Angelas spieling that.
Speaker 2: It's way up with Angela Ye, I'm here, Jasmine brand is here, I'm my own brand and it's e tea time. Yes, all right, the richest female musician. Do you know who that is?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I have a guess, and this is the world's richest female musician. What's your guests?
Speaker 3: Rihanna?
Speaker 2: Rihanna's number two on the list, she was number one, but number one is Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift is now worth a report at one point six billion dollars because of her sold out Eras tour that was the biggest boost of her financial portfolio. She also has about one hundred and twenty five million dollars in real estate holdings, and she is also the first musician to reach billionaire status, mainly from her music and live shows. Dope and she's planning to go back on tour. She said to return to the final leg of her Eras tour next week, so that means even more money.
Speaker 3: She doesn't take a break, does she?
Speaker 2: No, she does not. And Beyonce is several spots below. She has a net worth of seven hundred and sixty million dollars, but Rihanna is worth one point four billion. Previously she was at one point seven billion. That's thanks to her cosmetic line and lingerie brand.
Speaker 3: Number two was not a bad spot.
Speaker 2: It's not. I'll take it. I'll take one through fifty anyone, it will all right. Now, let's talk about Nicki Minaj. You know she's been breaking records on her tour as well. And by the way, Safari went to the show in Miami, and I saw everybody was recording him in the audience. He did have on a gene vest. And then a lot of.
Speaker 3: People, wait a minute, why did you bring that up?
Speaker 2: Because they always talking about his gene vest and people were talking about it, and he was talking about it. Yes, And so here is Nicki Minaj on stage. People were feeling like she did this because Safari was in the audience. But I feel like she does this. He just happened to be an audience. Have you ever had your heart from you?
Speaker 3: And money word?
Speaker 2: All right now? Safari in the meantime, was having a time of his life. He posted, I'm proud, no cap A lot of y'all will never understand, but there is no malice in me. I'm proud. And to prove it, he was definitely singing along here he is in the audience from he's yeah he is, but he was, you know, very instrumental early on he was with her. They were in a group together. Yeah, so yeah, I love that. I do think she may have done that because her because he was there. Like the husband thing, I think she may have been Yeah, and her husband was on that stage too. Let's be clear. Okay, all right now, let's talk about a breakup DDG. He's on an episode of his No Ordinary podcast that aired on Thursday, and he talked about what he would tell his younger self. Here's what he said, And if I.
Speaker 7: Can tell myself something at age twenty two, I would tell myself not to get in a relationship because it's damnitar like having a part time job.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, but he said, you know, you might be doing videos all day, and your girl gets an attitude when you're doing your last video, like when you're gonna take me out to eat, when you're gonna take me to the movies, when we going to go on a date, And then it causes relationship problems in your real life that can affect your content.
Speaker 3: When when.
Speaker 2: He used it for a lot of content too, though they were both on there as well.
Speaker 3: I didn't know about him until they started dating.
Speaker 2: Oh I did. I definitely know he's been on lip service is anything.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm the demo either, but not, you know, right, And.
Speaker 2: He does music. He's really big in social media spaces and YouTube. So ye, it does seem like he's a good dad. And they did say they're still best friends. But she reposted this after they announced their breakup, and so a lot of people were like, how ironic is this? And here's what she put in her stories.
Speaker 5: Break is mothing, my egism love a B.
Speaker 2: And that's her singing, please please please buy Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 3: She sounds beautiful, she's an amazing voice.
Speaker 2: She's the real little mermaid, all right, And yeah that's.
Speaker 3: It, Angela. I'm a little distracted. I don't mean to cut you off. I love this lip you have one?
Speaker 2: Oh well, thank you. This is my Spike Valentino Buttery matt lip color, which has the magnetic so that it just closes by itself. You hear the little snap, so you know it's not going to fall off in your bag lift. It won't get all over all of your things, all right. And it has beautiful packaging just like the Valentino shoes and bags, the studs on it, and it lasts around ten hours. So I've had this on since this morning and as you can see, it's staying.
Speaker 3: Can you give me one.
Speaker 2: So anyway when we come back, yes, I well I got you there, I got your girl. I got all different colors. I'll get you a different color. Okay, all right, well we have asked ye when we come back. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty is the number. Call us up any question you have. We're here to help you out. Of course I'm gonna get you some eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. But here's some glurilla TG. I F it's way up, all right.
Speaker 1: Everybody like sens, whether it's relationship for career advice. Angela's dropping facts. You should know this is ask.
Speaker 2: Gee, what's up? As way up at Angela? Yee, I'm here, Jasmine brand is here. Yes, you ready for some advice? To get some ask ye advice?
Speaker 3: Yes, I am all right.
Speaker 2: We have a voicemail and this person left a message because we take our questions that way. Also, you can click that little microphone on the iHeart app, or you can also call us up and leave a voicemail. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. Now here is the question.
Speaker 8: I need some advice on my eight year relationship, my four year marriage with my wife. The past year, we've been arguing a lot more, not sleeping with each other as far as one of us fare is one downs fairs, and it's kind of making me desire other women. I don't know why, but I need some advice. I need some help.
Speaker 7: Who.
Speaker 2: Man, that's tough. And you know this happens more than we even talk about and think about. A lot of times people are married and things kind of fall apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he said they've been arguing for like a year.
Speaker 2: And they don't even sleep in the same room together, and it feels like there's been no resolved and maybe they've kind of lost the attraction for each other. And so I would say, because he's saying that he's starting to think about other women, hey, don't cheat. If you decide you don't want to do this, at least do it the right way. So if you feel like this marriage can't be worked out, then focus on that and focus on figuring out how you want to move forward before you do something that's unforgivable forever. Right and B I say, this feels like a situation where y'all definitely need to get into some couple's therapy, absolutely, because I don't know exactly what the problems are. How y'all got to where you are. If she's going through something personal, sometimes you could have other things going on in your life that affects your relationship and you isolate yourself. We don't know if she's going through a depression. We don't know if she's had a baby and going through postpartum. I don't know what the problem is. And it feels like you guys are not communicating with each other. And I think a lot of times when relationships fall apart, it's that breakdown and communication that's the foundation of that falling apart.
Speaker 3: It starts and then it just keeps going right.
Speaker 2: And if you do something like cheat and get caught because y'all always cheat thinking you're not going to get caught, when you do get caught, that's going to be something that is going to weigh on you and it's going to weigh on her. And it's not ten times worse, Yeah, it makes it ten times worse. And so if you guys agree to separate and that you can do what you want to do and then work on if you're not going to be together figuring out how you're going to separate, then that's fine. But I will say it feels like it may be worth saving because you're not saying you don't love her anymore.
Speaker 7: It sounds like he cares enough that, you know, I feel like it might be worth fighting for.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And sometimes it is harder to talk to the person who's closest to you. Yeah, And I don't know, like what type of role you're playing in this whole situation and what type of role she's playing. But maybe y'all need to speak to someone individually and then also together. But it's worth the investment. Because I don't know if you have kids together, but if you are going to have to co parent, you'd rather set an example for the kids where kids see that. I know when my parents didn't get along, I saw all of that, and you know what's going on, and you don't know how that's going to affect how they have relationships later. So aside from thinking about just yourself and your happiness, also think about how it affects the family. All right, eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty. If you have any questions, you can always call us up and as you can see, you can also leave a voice message. And when we come back, I'm a Ray is going to be joining us. She's currently on tour opening for Sabrina Carpenter. She was supposed to be on tour with Donald Glover next but I saw he just canceled that to Yeah, so maybe she's available, you know, but regardless, amazing amazing artists. You also just recently did her own tour. You can go back and check out her tiny desk as well. But she'll be joining us. It's way up this, yeah.
Speaker 1: Y'all more way up with Angela on now what it is.
Speaker 2: What's up is way up with Angela Yee and I know this woman is incredibly busy. So thank you to Amay for joining me today.
Speaker 5: How you feeling, I feel great. I feel great. Thank you so much for having me. I've been such a fan for years. Of course I would have never thought, yeah, that's of course. It's always amazing to me because I remember I've been doing this. It's twenty years in radio for me this year.
Speaker 10: You're an icon. I've been tuned in for years.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you. I appreciate that you're not in any one specific genre of music, and that is all very intentional to and sometimes that can be like confusing for people. But for real music fans, we can just listen to it and be like, I just love this.
Speaker 10: No, for sure, for sure, I think it's choo.
Speaker 5: Things like as a black girl number one, and then as an African girl. I know so many girls that are so cool and so diverse, and I think that I love that I get to be some type of representation for them, you know what I mean. And I think that being a genre bender, especially as an African girl, might come as confusing to some people, but so many kids that I grew up around so many girls. So many women that I grew up around, listen to so many different types of music, are so diverse, and like their cultural experiences and the things that they bring to you know, their own lives in other people's lives. So I'm just an amalgamation of like all of the women that I've met and that are around me, and you know, and.
Speaker 10: I think that I bring that to my music too.
Speaker 2: I think about that because my best friend she when she first started doing music, she was like a punk rock artist, but she's black, right, Santi Gold, and she had.
Speaker 10: Like, oh my god, no, that's your best friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got another icon, like what are you talking? I went to college together, nor roommates like all after that.
Speaker 10: Sonti Gold is the reason I like am so diverse.
Speaker 2: Right now we are talking to the Fountain Baby herself. I'm a ray now. The video for Sweet That's, by the way, a beautiful video. Did you feel like that was risque for you to make it? I saw you on the news recently saying that when you go to Ghana, you feel like you don't get the love that they should be giving an artist, you know, because you're something somebody that is very intention on also making sure that you're being inclusive of everyone.
Speaker 10: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's like Riscae moves like that that gets you back in Ghana criticism? You know what?
Speaker 10: I think that I came out of the gates swinging.
Speaker 5: Like one of my very first note, one of my very first music videos had like trans women in it, It had gay people in it had kids in it, it had the world. So that is what that's my representation of. I see the world, and I care about the world, and I care about community. So that's what like my visual representation is all about. But like with Sweet, it would just be sexy, just like to be sexy girl lying on the bed, Like why not? You know, it's twenty twenty four and we live in a world that accepts all lifestyles and all paths. But to answer your question as far as like not receiving a certain level of support or amount of support, I definitely do think that my music was niche and it's still considered niche to the people back home. And I think that support wise, I see it from the girls that are just like me. They are the ones that are championing my movement and are like, oh my God, we love Amaree. But then I think in a grander scheme of things, you know, I think I radicalize the population a little bit and it's like, h let's see how it goes with this girl.
Speaker 2: But this world is very conservative.
Speaker 10: It is, yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: But I think that when we talk about conservatism, I do think that it's the generation before us that's still kind of like there's still a changing of the guard happening, and I think the older generation is just kind of like you guys are just a little too much. My mom almost was like, you're not going to drop that video, and I was like, watch me.
Speaker 2: I'm a Ray is here with us. She's currently on tour opening for being a carpenter, but we have more with Harry when we come back. It's way up.
Speaker 5: Everybody, ye, but you're all being waiting folks.
Speaker 1: You're tapped in a way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 2: What's up? Its way up with Angela Yee. And I am talking to Amaree. I saw you said that Babyface influenced you and made you actually have to go back and rewrite an album.
Speaker 5: Yes, ma'am, So I think the cool thing with meeting Babyface was this is probably the human being that has written the songs that have defined all of our lives. Right, Like, I'm pretty sure I was like conceived to a Babyface song. So so imagine going in and you watch his process. And the cool thing for him was like he never leaves a story open ended. And when we were writing together, I would say a line and he would be like, yes, but why and what does this lead to? And what does this teach the audience? And I was like, Oh, I'm just saying things because I just think they sound cool and fly. And so when I did those with Kenny, I went back and I was like, I called my co writer Mason and I was like, Hey, we need to go back in the studio and rewrite the album. So you have to fly to Ghana and he was like, oh, okay, and then he came and I love that he took the feedback on board. And every time the same thing Kenny would do to me, Why can that be stronger?
Speaker 10: What are we teaching them? Does this make sense?
Speaker 5: You know? So that's I shout out to Kenny, shout out to baby Face, the greatest in the world.
Speaker 2: Right now, we are talking to the fountain baby herself I'm a ray. The music business is also not an easy place to be in, but at least you have your mom as your manager, right, grateful for that, where they like scared about certain things for you, because even just financially, you know, people signing deals that aren't like the best deals and getting taken advantage of. But then also having to be in the studio. You're a woman, You're you know, a beautiful woman. I'm sure there's times when people can test you and try you. What has that been like for you.
Speaker 10: As far as just having someone that have my back.
Speaker 5: My mom is on everyone's but you know, like and she's reading the contracts and being like this is not gonna fly, this is gonna fly. I can negotiate on this, I can give some leeway on that, but ultimately I care about her pockets, you know what I mean. And she's also the CFO of the company, Like all the money goes through her and everything has to be approved, and obviously she'll have conversations with me about hey, we're spending this on that, this cost this, this, this costs that. But she's really like safeguarding, you know, the legacy that we're building. As far as being a woman that you know has to deal with men. I think that I hold my own pretty well. I will beat you up and.
Speaker 10: It's not even a game. I will beat you up.
Speaker 2: All right. What's been the most surreal experience for you so far?
Speaker 10: Opening for Sabrina? For MSG, that was crazy.
Speaker 5: I was like, do you remember when you were like in your mom's house in Ghana, like making songs and hoping that something would happen, and like, this is what four or five years later, and this is where you're at.
Speaker 10: This is you need to think about that? So that has been surreal?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, and you guys make sure roses are red, tears are blue. I found Baby ex Stand play amazing. It's a good time, it is sexy, it's great for no matter what mood it is that you're in just everything. Like, I just love what it is that you do because I'm a music lover and I love all different types of gimers of music, and I've I have also always hated that people have to be pigeonholed into different categories. So I appreciate what it is that you bring to the table.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that. Thank you, and thank you so much for having me. I have such a great time.
Speaker 2: You can watch that full interview on my YouTube channel Way Up with You And when we come back, you guys have the last.
Speaker 1: Word, pack up the phone, tapping to get your voice heard. What the word? He is? The last word? On Way Up with Angela? Ye?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: As Way Up with Angela Ye, I'm here, Jasmine Brand is here. I'm here getting ready for prime day? What's wrong with me? I really am?
Speaker 3: You are a professional show. You could be a professional shopper. That can really be a job for you, like a second job.
Speaker 2: I don't buy any closer any I can't tell you the last thing I've bought that's been like fun. Everything is like a necessity. You made me buy some shoes today. I did because I can't do it. I would say, Jasmine to be really cute for you.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh, it would be okay since more.
Speaker 2: You know how many things we signed up for to get that discount.
Speaker 3: Sure did sign up for the email so I can get ten percent off?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, anyway, thank you to I'm a Rae for joining us. You can watch that full interview on my YouTube channel Way Up with Ye and We'll be going out to support Pharah Lewis tonight. She is a New York City council person, actually in the district where I grew up, in Flap Bush. So she has an event to night, So shout out to Parah Lewis and we'll be back tomorrow. But of course y'all have the last word.
Speaker 8: So on a Friday night, I slept with my girl and then the next day when we went out, I ended up sleeping with her best friend.
Speaker 11: Now, Hi, I just want to shine the lights on myself. I just be cancer this year actually September was a year, and I'm proud. I'm back and better. I'm grateful, and yes, shining the light on the Lord as well.
Speaker 1: Amen, you stepped in and way up with Angela. Ye