Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama, girl drama girl, all about them.
Speaker 3: High school queens. We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl cheered for the right teams.
Speaker 2: Drama, queens girl fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us Girl drama, Queens drama, Queens Drama, Queens drama, Drama, Queens drama, queens.
Speaker 4: You guys, this week we watched with our people. I watched with Gus today.
Speaker 1: Did you did?
Speaker 4: It was the first episode of One Tree Hill, like thirteen year old son has ever seen and he had pinions. So as as we cruise, did I want to hear them? All? Kid had opinions? Joy? How does this? How does this episode play out? What do we got? Okay?
Speaker 1: So look it's season five, episode three, My Way Home Is Through You, which aired January fifteenth, two thousand and eight. Lucas had found the motivation to write again while also trying to turn the Treeho Ravens back into a respectable basketball team. That's like a heavy you know, that's a lot on your plate.
Speaker 4: There, Lucas.
Speaker 1: Nathan goes to visit Dan in prison, and he's ready to step up for his family.
Speaker 4: Literally. Brookie Brooke is working.
Speaker 1: At turning Karen's Cafe into her new close Over Bros. Store love this storyline, and Peyton signs her first band Yes and mistakes Lindsay's nice gesture for something it's not. I mean Haley question mark. Haley tries to help a struggling student. Director David Jackson, writer John Ain't Norris go.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Okay, So here's here's the deal. I saw some listener comments and they really want us to focus on the episode. So you, guys, we're going to focus on the episode. Don't understand. Okay, I know I felt I felt scolded. I who personally attacked. I'm so sorry. I was like, guys, I thought we were talking about the episodes.
Speaker 5: Also, though, I gotta say, like, if we have guests, we want to hear from our guests. We're not just gonna be like, hey, nice to see you, but don't talk to us. Just go line by line through the episode.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about my tank top in this episode. It was great.
Speaker 5: I want to talk about all your tank tops in this episode. Actually I literally wrote them down.
Speaker 4: Oh are you talking about the black and white one? The stripey one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh my god, I was upset with the necklace chains.
Speaker 4: That's so good, so good, Carol Cutshaw, you look.
Speaker 6: So pretty it makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: Quit seriously before we move on to the tank tops, because once we go there, we're never coming back. I have a question for our listeners. We have guests, like, do you guys want us to do two part episodes?
Speaker 4: That's the gist I'm getting. Is that what it is? Yeah, I'm getting the gist because once I saw a couple of people say it, I was like, oh, let's get a synopsis, Let's get like a like a round table from everyone. And it feel like people love the guests, but they don't want to lose us talking about the episode. So h notes have been heard. We appreciate your listenership. We are going to try to make everybody happy, including ourselves, because girl, I love a tangent.
Speaker 5: I agree. And you know what, it makes me realize because when James came on, we were all just having such a good time that we kept him forever. I mean you guys we had him in the zoom room for hours and I was like, oh, maybe instead of you know, with people who we don't have that much to catch up on like we do with one of our core five. Maybe when we have a guest, we should try to use that same method and like, have the guest come on, have a guest catch up and chat, and then do some Q and A with them and then do a strictly episode focused thing.
Speaker 4: Is that what that means they're going to have to wait two weeks to hear the next episode of the TV show. So y'all in the comments, you just tell us what you want. We're listening.
Speaker 5: We're giving you option with guests or option B. When the guests come we have a little less time to talk about the episode.
Speaker 6: You tell us what you like.
Speaker 1: Sophia is breaking it down into a spreadsheet already, listen.
Speaker 6: I just need to know.
Speaker 5: I'm like, it's multiple choice with only two choices.
Speaker 4: I want a pie chart with the data at the ends. Race, But seriously, we are here for you. We're here to serve you. Friends.
Speaker 5: Now I choose to refocus us on Hillary's tank tops.
Speaker 4: Well, no, we have to start at the beginning of the episode, because now my brain is all like, oh god, how do we make them happy? How do we do this? I love that as the fans say, we want the rewatch, we want the recap, talk about everything. Lucas is giving the most extensive recap in the history of our show. In these first three episodes. We have a recap every single episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it always starts with my name is Lucas Scott, Like we're really going all the way back to the very very beginning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it really is kind of wild.
Speaker 4: It had to be a studio note, right, like explain to people why you're not still in high school or why you're skipping all this time. You know what I bet.
Speaker 5: It is is, first of all, it sets the stage on the time jump for any fans who, you know, maybe they've been busy. It's only the third episode of the season. They might tune in and go.
Speaker 6: Where's college? What happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I bet to your point about a studio note, they were like, well, there's we see that there's new viewers and they don't know what happened.
Speaker 4: We can't expect them to go.
Speaker 6: Back, so give them a recap.
Speaker 1: I was wondering that if maybe because it's it was starting at such a totally new place that just people were telling their friends like, oh, you don't have to go back and catch up on all the episodes. You could start right now because it's kind of all new.
Speaker 4: You could just watch the first three minutes and know everything.
Speaker 5: But here's what I want to know, if we're really starting fresh. Why in an empty house are Lucas and Lindsay still live in a in Lucas's high school bedroom and b why is his desk in there?
Speaker 1: There's a whole house where he go, right, yeah, yeah, and he's click and she's sleeping.
Speaker 4: Gus. The first thing out of Gus's mouth is that's a creepy place for him to have his desk.
Speaker 1: And I was.
Speaker 6: Just staring at her sleeping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were folding closed together, and I guess I was like looking down folding pants and I look up and I'm like, you're not wrong, my guy, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would actually be really creepy if I'm looking at the end of my bed and there's a desk and you know, if you sit on the end of it, you're just staring into bed. Yeah, it's a little weird. Yeah, where is Karen? Do we know where Karen is?
Speaker 4: She's in Australia.
Speaker 1: She's in Australia, but he's kept his room instead of taking over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of strange, but there's.
Speaker 5: There's a whole house. Even if even if look we're just post college, right, like even if a young guy in his twenties is like, I don't want to have segs with my girlfriend in my mom's bed.
Speaker 6: Okay, friend, I get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, Why don't you have a desk in living room by the window.
Speaker 4: I don't know a single writer who writes at a desk. Every writer I know either writes at the kitchen table or the coffee table or a Starbucks, Like, oh, nobody has a desk.
Speaker 1: Was it a full desk because now I'm now I'm thinking, but or was it just that he had his laptop there and he didn't want to leave the room because he kind of wanted to be near Lindsay but then didn't want to.
Speaker 5: Go full wooden, grown man like grampo desk. Like joy, it's a grampa desk.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: I love that you notice that, and Gus I didn't notice that at all.
Speaker 4: It's so full. And the other thing that Gus noticed is he was like he closed that laptop awful fast when she walked over there.
Speaker 6: Uh, Huh, I noticed that too.
Speaker 4: Not wrong, wrong, Yeah, he's already been shifty, or maybe he's just insecure.
Speaker 1: And how about her vulnerability, like I'm so I'm so scared. Well, this is the other scene later, I guess, but if we're on that storyline, like this is the storyline. But he is being a little shift. I mean, he's so direct, and I don't know how else you're supposed to answer a question like that, should I be worried about us that? How else do you answer that question?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Worry, No, I'm just gonna say that. I mean, just so a little, just worry a little, only.
Speaker 5: Ten percent worried. I'm mostly okay, I'm having some feelings.
Speaker 1: But it's the kiss on the forehead that got me. It was like he's like, we're good, everything's fine, I love you, and then it's just instead of kissing her on the mouth because they're on the forehead, it was just a little like huh yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean code is that you have to like make fun of your exes a little bit in front of the person you're with, so they know you have to be like would that buck tooth girl please come on? Right? There's gotta be like a dig unless or it's not real. You got a dig or it's not real. Lucas should have said something like Peyton, cry baby, Peyton, come on, I don't want to be around that.
Speaker 6: Well, So I.
Speaker 5: Wonder if that was a David Jackson note, knowing that's our director for our friends at home, knowing that at the end of the episode, Lindsay had to be vulnerable with Lucas and say, look, I've been trying to play a cool I'm really nervous because of these women from your past. I wonder if the director was like, as soon as she comes over, shut the laptop. Give her reasons to feel like fighting something from her. Yeah, if that was a directorial choice, it was a very good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, the first thing I want to do is open that laptop as a check. The fact that she didn't open it when he left the room, I was like, do it, do it?
Speaker 6: I was like, man, she.
Speaker 1: Is She's so confident. She's such a Michaela is so great for this part because she really is so confident, so non threatening in the way that her manner is that you know, she comes to your office with this bamboo and it's so sweet and sincere.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know, I might disagree. I loved this storyline so much because I absolutely like bought Peyton's side of it. Like I'm saying, I remember being giddy about having to do the whole recap with like, and then she said, I just want you to know I'm here, Like I like, there's a calm memory of saying it, because she was peen on her territory. You can't tell me otherwise.
Speaker 5: Well, and what I love about watching the two of you play all of those scenes together is that you're both right and then you're both saying no, no, no, I'm totally taking the high road, but there are big feelings involved.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Peyton wasn't looking for Lucas in this episode. She was about the work. She was about, like, right here, my best friend. It would be one thing if Peyton was like, oh oops, I'm here at the high school. You know you'll get there. But I absolutely, uh, I'm team Peyton on this one. There's no reason Lindsay should have brought her bamboo. There's no reason it's Peyton Sawyer's hometown. If someone came to you in your own hometown, yah, can I get you anything, and you're like, pet that out here? How get out? Oh?
Speaker 1: It seemed so sincere to me that she was genuinely like, I guess me putting if I put myself in her shoes. It's like, yeah, you did. You you ran this town, and so I don't. I'm not here to step on your toes. I want to make peace because we have to coexist. It's it's like a little bit Joelene.
Speaker 4: In Peyton's mind, there's no reason to make peace because it's like it's a chicken or the egg situation. You know what I mean. There's no reason to make peace because there's no conflict. Do you is Lindsay? Is Lindsay insinuating that that count? Here? Is that?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 4: This guys? I loved it.
Speaker 5: I am loving this And by the way, what I love about it is watching you two debate the sides of this argument. I feel like Brook being like, listen, I don't know what to say. I get it. But she also brought me a bad boom, so it is a speech that she's given to more than one person.
Speaker 1: But Peyton's right at the end, She's like, but you're also his ex girlfriend.
Speaker 4: It's my favorite little story like, you know, Hailey didn't get a bamboo. Haley didn't get a teacher bamboo. That's it. We solved the riddle by the way.
Speaker 5: You're right, But Haley and Lindsay have a friendship already, and so it's well done because you can see everybody's side. What I will say tracks for me, and I felt, I really felt it was being represented well in this moment. This is no secret to either of you because we've been friends for twenty years. But my therapist a couple months ago was like, here's the thing. You have big feelings and you are a sensitive person and it makes you a good friend and a very passionate advocate. And sometimes you bring big feelings before they are appropriate. And I'm like, yeah, you're not wrong, I guess because when I feel like I've bonded with someone, I'm like, now that I'm in, I'm in for life. You get arrested, you call me. She's like, you have to bond with people for a long time before you can like volunteer to build them out of jail, Sophia, And.
Speaker 6: I'm like, do you?
Speaker 5: And that's kind of interesting, right, is Like Lindsey is bringing her big feelings and a big story and this whole thing to Peyton, and Peyton's like, I don't know you, so I'm suspicious, like it's too soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously you've read Lucas's books, so you know I had a stalker. You know, I don't trust new people, like, don't bring me, I don't need you. I'm working. I had a stalker.
Speaker 6: It's so funny.
Speaker 4: Need another one. Yeah, ew god.
Speaker 5: I loved the way that wrapped up, Like when you came into the store. I went, oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god, because I just knew I was going to pull out one of those plants.
Speaker 4: I didn't know. It was great. You did it, man, I didn't know.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm so glad.
Speaker 4: Gus ga foud he loved it. Oh that was the part where he was like, yeah, you are a bitch it.
Speaker 5: Oh, I loved it.
Speaker 4: But I liked Lindsay is just so easy to like work with. She's so easy to work with because she plays that straight man part so well, so you can be a little bit broader with your reaction, Like it was cool to be a little like Mustache Turley because payone never gets to do that, you know. Yeah, So yeah, she's great, great, great great.
Speaker 5: That was something that was so refreshing to me about this episode. And I have such sense memory of so many of the scenes that we shot in the store and on the deck of that house, all of it because I had this nostalgia watching Brooke and Peyton in this friend journey, because Haley's struggling and Nathan's struggling. So many people are struggling and figuring it out. And to see these two girls owning their space like grown ups but getting giddy like little teenagers. It felt so fun, and in the arc of the episode, it was payoff that I needed, Like Lucas is writing a book and Lindsay's being really classy, and then you and Nathan are really in the depths of grownups but on the way out. And then you've got these two girls figuring out their business and they're they're you know, screaming and jumping up and down about getting to be roommates. I loved the way they gave us so many ups and downs through the episode.
Speaker 1: You guys had boss moves. This episode, so many boss moves. I loved it.
Speaker 4: Well, we have to talk about stuff because when this episode airs, it's Teacher Appreciation Week, and Haley is our teacher, and so you going to the basketball court and trying to fix this kid because you can't necessarily fix your husband. Is you know, that's every teacher's that's their mantra. It's like, if I can just save one, I can just save one of them, and most of them save many, many more than just one. Yeah, but happy teacher Appreciation Week.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, thank you so much from your tutor girl. Yeah, that was funny. Haley was in full soccer mom ninety soccer mom mode with the travel coffee mug, like before anybody was making cute coffee mugs, and you know, the low heels and the khaki pants and just the bob. It was all very very ninety soccer Mom was so fun and yeah, I loved, I loved, I mean just to Haley's storyline was minimal in this episode, aside from the little cameo by the Juicy Tube lip gloss when she was having lunch with Lindsay. For me, nothing much else was super interesting for Haley except the dinner at the end. That was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, You've said before that you felt like in some of the seasons you were put there to be the person that was like, why are you doing this so that other characters could, you know, spit out their exposition. But the stuff that you were doing this episode was important because you informed so much of like who Lindsay is, that she has made an imprint in the community in brook and Payton's absence, that she's a cool girl because you put her through the ringer. You know, you inform so much, and then you do the same thing again when you go to visit Peyton and you're like, Okay, I see where this is going. Calm it down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I was gonna say it actually felt so fully formed to me. So much of the episode, for so many people felt like they were catching up. You know, there was a lot of learning that still needed to happen about certain characters, you know, partially because Peyton's trying to sign a band, partially because we're still getting to know Lindsay. But I didn't feel like you were absent in the episode in any way. Hayley was so grounded and like every scene was meaningful, even the fact that you know she comes home and she's so tired that she just blurts out how she's really feeling. To the new Nanny and then it's.
Speaker 6: Like, ah, like it all just felt so honest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think that that's possible because Haley's the one who has stayed there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think this is the beginning of us really seeing Haley start to hold everything together, which eventually takes its toll on her because you can't be the person who's just constantly holding everything together, holding space for everybody else, doing everything for everybody else without falling apart at some point. So it's and that was one of the longest arcs on our show, so it's fun to kind of see the beginning of that here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But and it was great, And I loved seeing my brain's going in a million different directions because I don't know what to talk about next, but like if we stay on the girls, Yeah, that was great for Haley. I loved being able to watch her try and help Quentin and you know how that storyline is going to develop.
Speaker 4: It was so fun.
Speaker 1: But the boss moves for me of watching Peyton go through this arc with the record label and watching Brooke walk in and be like, yep, I'm taking over the cafe. Yes, I'll take this house please, It was just they were such great moments of turning points where we're going to see the beginning of all these new trajectories of life start to take place. I loved this episode for that reason.
Speaker 4: Actually, it was interesting to watch it with a thirteen year old because I liked it for all of the like d da da da, our characters are grown ups now and like we're doing cool stuff. But there were some lines that were some real doozies in here where Gus was like, wow, you guys had to I had to say that which ones? Which ones? I didn't know? God, I couldn't even write them all down. Well, you know, we'll get to it. A lot of the mouth with his boss stuff. What oh yeah, what a weird storyline Gus had all Pinians while we're making boss moves, mouth is doing some weird That was so weird.
Speaker 1: I was such a strange storyline out of the blue. It was just so like of all the things.
Speaker 6: It but you know what it is because we've talked to me, well yeah, yeah, I mean more of.
Speaker 5: That personal ego of I'm the coolest person here, I'm the best at my job, and you judge me because you don't think I'm hot, like him giving a speech about like you and your hot friends and your hot body that you hide under your outfits and.
Speaker 6: You go be hot.
Speaker 4: What a line? So weird.
Speaker 5: I was like, I'm so sorry this lovely actress who actually Lee has great chemistry with by the way, yeah, like when they kissed, I was like, oh, oh, dear, But they've taken this girl who's our age, and they've styled her in older ladies, ill fitting blazers, and they've put her hair in this like nineteen sixties like kind of inspired Bufonte whatever it was, with like a big twisty overlap in the back. Like it doesn't make any sense for like a young successful producer at a news studio. And I think maybe they were trying to age her up because they hired her because she was a good actress and she was young, and they didn't think she looked old enough to be his boss. But if you're gonna have him give her this big speech about being this hot girl, let her be like a hot girl in her twenties. It was it was just like it was so confusing because I was like, this is not a person who's walking around this office presenting like, oh, I know this, this, and this about myself. She's like a buttoned up professional person who's just mean.
Speaker 1: And that's why I didn't understand why he like, why did he kiss her?
Speaker 4: So Skills tells him this whole story about how I had this teacher who was being to me and the way I made her be quiet is that I grabbed her and I kissed her and that's not all I did, and then she loved me. I mean, this is coming three episodes after our season four finale where we were like step touching us and it's like, yeah, listen, somebody's just got to kiss a woman and get her to shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what they write in you know what they really want when they tell you they hate you, They want you to kiss them.
Speaker 6: I'm like, no, that's.
Speaker 4: Not it, actually don't.
Speaker 6: That's never want you to kiss us.
Speaker 5: We'll just kiss you.
Speaker 6: That's odd.
Speaker 4: Poor Lee Norris, like my know Lee Norris having to process all of this as a third party. He's a victim of this too.
Speaker 6: But you know what I really commend about him.
Speaker 5: And we've talked about this too, right, It's Paul's mantra, like commit commit Yeah, when you're not the producer. When you don't get to control what's on the page, you have to go to work and do your job, and that can be really difficult. And Lee takes this, frankly like shitty storyline for him and he commits, and when he's talking to her about how he feels and how he feels rejected, there is so much emotion in his eyes and his face is getting red and he it's like he doubled down on how to believe in the scene because he knew why it was ikey, and so he had to make it true for himself as an actor. And as much as I hated it, I also loved watching.
Speaker 4: He made it interesting.
Speaker 6: He made that interesting interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, and I feel I have a vague recollection of where this is going. And I think I hate it for Mouth because he's opening himself up to someone who's cruel to him and has been really demeaning to him, and that's not attractive, Like, don't kiss people who are like that's not cool. Mouth should be kissing like the best, nicest girl, and not this woman who keeps telling him. She literally says I wrote to the quote you haven't earned it yet, which also felt like a very meta dig like, I know you think you're great, you all haven't earned it yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I feel like he's going to feel bad about this relationship later. It's going to make him feel cheap.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't remember where it goes. Oh no, Now I have this terrible sense of foreboding and no clear recollection of what happened.
Speaker 4: I don't think she's gonna get nice. I don't think so either. But how much cooler would this part have been if it had been like, like, I don't know a woman in her forties, do you know what I mean? Yeah, they're calling her a cougar and she's already Jess are right.
Speaker 6: It really is so weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she should have a couple kids pictures on her desk, do you know what I mean? Yeah? No. Also, at the beginning of the episode, we see Victoria just pissed, and it occurred to me after watching the met gala, Uh, she's got such Christ Jenner energy. Yes, it's all that I see, Like, I just see like Chris Jenner being like and my darlings are taking over the world. I feel like there's an Instagram post for that pops up all the time. That's a good call.
Speaker 5: You're right, there's all those memes about how no matter what happens in that world, she'll make get into something that makes money.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Whether that's true or not, By the way, I have no opinion. Please don't come for me. I'm just talking about what Danna Nu says. But it's interesting when you think about it in that lens. You're right, that sort of sharpness and that work is everything attitude that feels caricaturized and victorious. Says to Brooke, are you doing drugs? Because if you are, it's okay.
Speaker 4: I love value. It's hysterical.
Speaker 1: That is so the woman who has never been around for her daughter. She took off for every year, every summer, always living somewhere else, always traveling, like you can stay home, right, you're fine.
Speaker 4: How old are you? You're thirteen? Now, you're good. Okay, I'll see you later.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well we'll spin all this around as soon as you Yeah, I mean, just always onto the next thing, always working. And I love the reveal and the fact that she is your mother, and the fact that they thought somebody in the writer's room thought of that, Let's have the woman running Brooks Company with her be her mom.
Speaker 4: Because who else what complicated relationship that would be.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine your mother who basically neglected it, abandoned you. But she's so effing good at her job that you hire her to run your company. It's brilliant for TV.
Speaker 5: It's incredible. And the attitude in that scene, it was such a great mic drop. It was a perfect way to end the episode, because what does anyone say after that? And yeah, when she goes on her rant about how I've stupidly charged a house to the company, and she says Brook and I go, mother, yeah, and there's.
Speaker 4: Just no air. It's a little piano m and I just love that.
Speaker 5: Daphne picks up back to work. I'll see you on the plane, my dutiful daughter. And on the way out, I don't know if you guys noticed this, but.
Speaker 6: She looks at you Hillary and she goes, nice to see you.
Speaker 5: Peyton.
Speaker 4: I wrote that down.
Speaker 3: I wrote it down.
Speaker 5: She says it in the weirdest way, and it was such a genius thing for Daphne to do.
Speaker 4: She hit that tea man, it was like, I am going to enunciate this by Peyton.
Speaker 5: I would punch you if I could.
Speaker 4: Oh god, she hates Peyton so much. She's so brilliant.
Speaker 5: I love it. Great actress, and I love that in this sort of we're grown up, but we're still kids and we're figuring out the intersection of these things that immediately were both children again.
Speaker 6: And you you, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, you looked like such a little girl in that moment. You were so like, what do I do? Like when when Pete says what are you gonna do? And you just gotta shrug your shoulders and you're like, it's like you don't even have the energy to rebel anymore. It's just like, but you bought this house, Now, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: You walked into a house and did it what everyone dreams of doing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, said that was so great. I'll take it.
Speaker 5: I'll take it and everything in it.
Speaker 4: Please leave it out.
Speaker 5: That woman, I remember her, she was so funny and her face when she asks about the cat while she's holding him. I did a full spit take.
Speaker 4: It was great, But like, what if Brooke had said yes, I want your cat, like Gus was horrified that you might say yes, so I'm going to give up cat.
Speaker 6: It's incredible.
Speaker 4: Don't don't take the cat, don't take the cat. Epic epic boss move. I love it. The boss move is to take the cat and change its name be like you are Dorothy Now. I think it's cool that we've introduced that iconic quote from Karen's that has now carried over into close Over Bros. And the framing of that shot with Brooke and Lucas and their arms crossed and the quote behind them is like my favorite shot of the show. That was so like, that's the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I loved it, and I really there's something really nice. You know, as much as she's trying to figure out her family relationship, it strikes me that this is one of the best points we've seen Brooke in with all of her friendships. You know, like we are so strong as these childhood best friends come back together, we're going to figure it out together. And Brook and Lucas are in this great place where they're buds, like they're really buds, and there's such fun stuff for them coming down the line. You know, I don't want to spoil anything for anybody, but you know, there's like a major fake out scene coming in a couple of episodes this season, and there's just great stuff and I don't know. I remember. I remember I remembered watching the episode how good all of these scenes felt. I really enjoyed these storylines. They felt nice.
Speaker 4: As an actor, yeah, Joy, you had to do some sad stuff in this episode, but oh my show was fun. And I do have that like kind of static electricity feeling that sense memory. I loved your stuff that. Yeah, I remember filming it. I remember enjoying it. And David Jackson is a director that I got to work with again on White Collar, and he's just a standup dude, and you know, we were lucky to have him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did such a good job with us. And it is really nice, you know, Joy, you said it watching Peyton be so happy, like seeing you happy and empowered and hungry for work.
Speaker 4: Taking charge of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love seeing you laugh and smile and look at these dudes and be like, I'm the one take you to leave it.
Speaker 4: I got two things they don't have me and an interest in you like that, And I'm gonna put that in my repertoire.
Speaker 6: It was a good one.
Speaker 4: Kevin fetterline, can we talk about Kevin for a second. I was lovely you guys. I was not into the idea of Kevin Fetterline being stunt cast as the lead singer of this band because I'd interviewed Britney Spears at MTV and she was like a sweet chick and she had fun on some like really difficult times. And now people are finally addressing that tabloid media storm that surrounded her. But I was always really grossed out by it because she was never a malicious or mean person, and I just didn't like how all that played out, And so I was confused how to feel about Kevin. And he showed up, and that man worked so hard. He was so insecure about like how do I deliver these lines? He took direction, he really tried, and he was so nice to everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super professional, really eager. Didn't come in cocky, which is funny because he was playing such a cocky character.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what shocked me.
Speaker 5: Because I remember all that stuff, the chatter of well, what's going on and this seems weird and is this somebody kind of bullying Britney Spears in a way like we were all nervous. But I didn't work with him, so I remember just asking you, like, what's.
Speaker 6: The deal, what's the vibe.
Speaker 4: Is he nice?
Speaker 6: Is he rude?
Speaker 5: Like a are we?
Speaker 4: Are we?
Speaker 6: Anti? Like what's the you know?
Speaker 4: What are we? It's it's basically the conversation we had about Lindsay and clothes over bros. We had my Kevin Petderli what are we? What side?
Speaker 5: What are we?
Speaker 6: You tell me? I don't know the details.
Speaker 4: And I.
Speaker 5: Was laughing watching the episode because I remember everybody's saying, no, he's great, he's working really hard, he's really polite to the whole crew, andah, awesome, Well that's nice.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 5: I had no idea that his character's band was like a rock band at all.
Speaker 4: Gus goes was that music cool at that time? And yeah, dude, it was. Yeah. No, they they had a couple different like bands that he would They were like, well, what we can we get? That? Like? Sounds like him?
Speaker 6: Interesting And I.
Speaker 4: Think that was part of why he was so deferential, because he was even like, why'd you cast me? Yeah? Yeah. I ended up going out with him in Wilmington, like a whole bunch of people after work went out and there was this really surreal moment where he ordered trays of shots for the entire crew and so I'm sitting there with Kevin Federline taking like tequila shots and you know when you're in those moments of absurdity and you know you're in it and you're like, I'm gonna remember this forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never referenced it again, but like, this is not normal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, doing shots with our entire crew with Kevin Feederline was a weird one. He was very sweet, he was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the appearance of the stripe tank top for Peyton was in that serious.
Speaker 4: But I was thinking, like, am I wrong?
Speaker 1: But I feel like generally Peyton has been like things happened to her and then she has to deal with it. That seems to be like a lot of what's going on. So maybe that's why it felt so exciting and refreshing to see Peyton really taking the reins and making decisions for herself and sticking up for herself and going out and being like, Okay, here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to sell this and I'm going to believe in myself and believe in this dream because I didn't just leave La for nothing to come back here and be too scared and you know, kind of pussy foot around it and then just like fail, I'm really going to go for it. And I loved watching her just jump in with both feet.
Speaker 4: It was so cool. There's a nice feeling like when you come back to your hometown and you've already dealt with something harder, like like I remember going to New York City and being so scared, like so scared, and I had so many people tell me like, oh, you'll go for six months and then you'll transfer back to a school in Virginia, Like you'll go, but you'll come back. And then like being able to come home and be like, no, I I know what I'm doing now, like I did the thing and I can keep doing it. I like the feeling that Peyton's like I went and I did the thing, and I can keep doing it. And now I can include the people that I love, like I can invite my friends over to my office, I can consult with them about what's cool. That's the gift of being able to go away from your hometown and bring something back to it. So I'm excited about the development of Red Bedroom Records. Gus this is all This is the Gus episode. He really liked the office and he was like oh my god, the records on the wall? Did you place those? And I was like, as a matter of fact, buddy, I did because our art department just pulled all the records from Peyton's old bedroom and I just sat there one day with them and we pulled the ones that we thought were like cool, the ones I liked, and those are the ones that we put in the background, and they were. It made it feel like a real space that was mine. We need to talk about the Scott family, Dan Nathan, Yeah, weird prison any Carrie keeping it from Haley. I mean, the most touching part of the episode for me was when Haley sits down and says, I missed you. That's a really hard thing to admit to someone that you live in the same house with. Yeah. That hit me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't think I understood that at the time. That's a mature thing you understand when you're older and you've been through some hard times. I think when I was what were we like twenty four? To me it was like, oh, yeah, I missed this. Sad, but yeah it was. It's a profound thing to say.
Speaker 4: You're right, are you regretting hiring nanny Carey? Are you feeling, is Haley feeling weird about it?
Speaker 1: Yet you know, it's amazing, Like I'm watching this and she is crossing all kinds of boundaries already, Like they're making it seem like it's she's cute and sweet and nice, but I'm like the way that she talks to Nathan, even just like passing by his bedroom and having a conversation, it's just so inappropriate. Well, you know, while he's stretching on the floor and then asking about his it's like that I'm empathetic. I'm here, I'm an opening open book, listening ear. But it's not that's not what you're here for. You're you're here to watch the kid. Why are you talking to me about? How do I feel? Being a state hometown hero? All these things? It just feels like it just felt so inappropriate, but it was done in a really subtle way that I guess that's kind of how it works. When somebody's pushing your boundaries. You're kind of like, are you trespassing or is this You're just being nice? I think you're just being nice. Right, That's okay, right, I Mean I'm a little uncomfortable, but it's just me you're fine, It's fine.
Speaker 6: Right, it's in an episode.
Speaker 5: It's the same as Peyton and Lindsay trying to figure each other out, but it's in this other arena. And I think it's really interesting.
Speaker 4: Right, she's an employee. It's totally inappropriate.
Speaker 5: Well sure, but just like you've got Peyton going she's being weird. And then and you've got Nathan kind of looking at Nanny Carey like what are you doing here? Why are you talking to me? She just keeps being nice.
Speaker 4: She should be and exactly.
Speaker 5: But then you've got this, just as you're saying you have this, Is it or isn't it?
Speaker 4: Is she?
Speaker 5: Is she just nice and a little clueless? Or am I weirded out by this for a reason?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Has she done anything wrong? No, but I have a feeling I don't know, it's smart so iggy.
Speaker 4: When she said, oh, you beat us in high school and I cried for a week, that was the line where I was like, this chick a level. She didn't cry for a week, Like that's a weird thing to say.
Speaker 5: You know what did it for me was her walking in and asking him how he was doing and being like, well, you know, I used to be a personal trainer.
Speaker 6: I was like, nope, nope, nope, you're dropping hints.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no boundary crossing and listen.
Speaker 5: I understand that it was really important for Nathan to see how important to Jamie he is. But I also was like, wow, you you promised the kid you wouldn't tell. That's what Gus said, and then as soon as he was sleeping.
Speaker 4: You told it's her first day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you betrayed his trust.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then at Haley at the car and roughed it. I mean, I guess it's it's like, it's nice, okay, thank you for being empathetic, and then Haley just kind of like let it all out.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I don't know, it stinks to me.
Speaker 6: It's well done.
Speaker 4: Hey, Lindsay didn't give Nanny Carrey any lucky bamboo. It was her first day on the job too, saying you're gonna die with this. This is the hill you're dying. I'm dying on that hill man.
Speaker 5: I'm here for it.
Speaker 6: But I do I really want to know.
Speaker 5: Do you guys think that because we know where the Nanny Carey storyline goes, we're pulling at all the threads.
Speaker 6: Now, girl, No.
Speaker 1: I was really trying to watch it from a perspective of like just clean curious. I'm a new viewer, I have no idea who this person is. Yes, and it's still I was like, okay, I get for the sake of TV drama, sometimes they will lean into someone being a little bit more I don't know what the word is. I'm not going to say boundary crossing, but just a little bit more overt inappropriate.
Speaker 4: Everybody walks in our front doors, like nobody locks their doors, nobody closes their doors.
Speaker 1: Exactly, but it's still just it's smacked of something gross to me.
Speaker 4: It just fell like, why did Nathan have his door closed?
Speaker 1: Well, because there's a professional in the house, and a professional should just walk out, walk down the hallway, maybe even wave if you happen to catch the person's eye, and then just like keep going. It's not time to stop and have a conversation. When the man that is living in the home that you're working in is in his bedroom stretching on the floor, that's not the time to have a conversation.
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 5: If anything, it's a oh hey, you need anything, like a like a little bit imma.
Speaker 4: Sorry yeah, oops, sorry, didn't.
Speaker 6: Mean to interrupt.
Speaker 5: Can I get you something?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Bye? Yeah? I love the brooken paint her like the abort.
Speaker 6: What were you doing?
Speaker 4: You totally warned her? Yeah. I feel like Haley should have asked way more questions of this chick, like so, who's your boyfriend? You don't have a boyfriend? Bye? Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hailey's always been a you know, rely on her instinct and character judgment, and she passes. She passes judgment on people pretty quickly. I think she makes quick character decisions about people. She did it with Rachel, she did with Nathan, even though she turned out to be a little wrong about Nathan. But she's very quick to trust her instinct on those things. And you're not always gonna be right, you know.
Speaker 4: Well, you would think with her her history with someone like Rachel, where it was like the hot chick is throwing herself at my husband. Yeah, she just thinks that Ean so down and out right now, there's just no way anyone would be attracted to him. No.
Speaker 1: I guess it's just that she's like, I mean when Tory came in that she's Carrie's wearing like sweats and her hair's in a ponytail and there's no makeup, and it's just really like the whole expression on her face is so sweet and innocent and young, and there's nothing about her that feels like there's guile or malice or any sort of false intent.
Speaker 5: Well, and they played it well because she shows up in a moment of heightened stress and desperation for Hailey. Everything is bad and Haley and Nathan are fighting and then they realize their little boy is not in the backyard, and Ian Waltz is this woman with him and says, it's okay, I'm a nanny. I'm you know, I know how it goes, and it plants the seed in a moment where it's like, oh, you just helped us. Oh maybe you could say of us, Oh I do need help And you say that to her in that scene, like who am I kidding? I need help here? And I think I don't think if everything had been great, you might have just hired some girl off the street and your child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the process you would go through where you get resumes and you do interviews with multiple people and yeah, it's just a dire circumstances. I'm teaching my husband can't move around. My kid is neglected, not neglected, but you know, my kid is not getting the attention that he's I want him to have.
Speaker 4: He needs a buddy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My favorite line about your teaching was when Haley comes to meet Lucas for lunch and she says she can't hang out in the teachers lounge because they're all still act like that was mine too.
Speaker 3: God, Yeah, can.
Speaker 4: You imagine that?
Speaker 1: How weird would that be to go back to the high school where you taught at and now I mean where you went to high school and then now trying to teach and then hang out with all the teachers like equals.
Speaker 4: That would that would be really hard. I can't I've gone back to my high school so many times and hung out in the teacher's lounge. And most of my teachers are retired now, but when I first started going back, obviously they were all still there and they like want you to call them by their first name, like my teachers all did the opposite. They were like, let's go drinking, you know, like and that was so weird for me because I was like, no, I I need you to be an authority figure, like I need you to be someone I could rely on. I've got an I need you for comfort. Please hold me. I'm so scared. Stop shifting the paradigm. Yeah, teachers are fun, man. You want to talk about people who know how to get into trouble teachers? Yeah, throw down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta say I loved I loved Hailey being in Lucas's office. It just again, it tells a story so simply, and then you talking about that, which was truly my favorite thing, made me as a viewer yearn to see the teacher's lounge.
Speaker 4: Yeah you've never seen it.
Speaker 1: Yes, show us. Do we ever even have? I honestly don't remember if we ever even go into the teacher's lounge?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we never did, because it's not a set that we build.
Speaker 4: I wish they would have shown it to us. I wish they would have shown, like Haley walking in to get coffee. I'd be like, good morning, Pearl and have Pearl turn around and be like, it's miss Walker. You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it makes me uncomfortable when you call me by my first name, Haley. Yes, it would have been so good. And you know what, it makes me realize and listen, it's part of it. Right, Like, we didn't build a teacher's lounge because it's expensive to build sets and where would we have put it. But when you get to see outside of the world, Like there's that moment when Lucas and Skills see the boys practicing their free throws and they're so happy that it's happening, that they're coaching is working, and there's one shot over their shoulders that doesn't go into the gym or into the hall you know the back wall of the hallway. It looks down the hallway, and that's at the actual school because we were in the actual gym and you see this huge hallway that leads up to the gymnasium and it was just like five seconds on camera. But seeing something else made me feel really grounded on a campus because it wasn't just the same two hallways in the same classroom in Whitey's office. It was it was a bigger universe. That's my soapbox about wanting a teacher's lounge.
Speaker 4: Good job coach, you two coach. Oh, I love those boys together.
Speaker 5: It was so sweet.
Speaker 4: How do we feel about Dan being in prison? Yeah, guys, the least secure prison in the history of prisons in the history of prisons. You go out in the yard gate it had a chain like Fance with one little.
Speaker 5: Big a barbed wire that was ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Where did we film that?
Speaker 5: Probably at a school. It was probably the like the yard at a school and they would just take some barbed wire and put it on the fence real quick.
Speaker 4: It was hilarious that they allowed Nathan to come in on crutches, like we not like crutches, right, No, loved it or a spontaneous drop by.
Speaker 5: Yeah, popping by, unscheduled visit.
Speaker 1: I it did feel great to see Dan behind bars. I have to sit down behind bars, but you know, locked in. It felt great to see him in prison. It felt like very fitting is a good place to start for him. Paul looks great too, He's like fit and healthy and.
Speaker 4: It's the best he's ever looked. I know, I know, he looks.
Speaker 1: Like he's running plenty of business in prison, Like he's doing just fine.
Speaker 4: He's selling cell phones, you know what I mean, Like he's got a he's got a job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was nice to see. It was nice to see Nathan finally going to see him having a conversation with him that it's have been really hard for him for four years to just cut his dad off after all that time of the back and forth that we just watched for the first four years of will a or won't they? Is is he going to stick around? Is he going to trust his dad? Is he trustworthy? And he keeps giving him chances and he keeps getting screwed over, and it was a lot of up and down, and so it was interesting. I just thought it was interesting to see him go talk to go talk to Dan and say it's closure.
Speaker 4: But it didn't. It didn't feel like. It felt like it was an opening of a door rather.
Speaker 5: Than especially because he leaves the picture of Jamie. Yeah, but part of me, it's interesting that you say that. When that happened, I was like, did Nanny carry do that because she drove him to the prison.
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: But it did make me feel suspicious and I thought, is Nathan just doing something kind for Dan? Or is it not Nathan doing that?
Speaker 4: That's weird, that's interesting. Our characters are very young, they're in their early twenties, so they do immature stuff. But the immaturity of I'm gonna come to see you just to tell you I'm never going to see you again kind of I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, really far out of the way, especially when you're not walking.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know how it tracked for me was because Nathan had the wake up call to how much Jamie loves him and still sees him as this hero. I took it more as he really wants to break the cycle of fatherhood that he knows, because he says to Dan, I've carried you with me every day.
Speaker 6: For the last four years.
Speaker 5: You made me this way, and I'm done. I'm leaving it behind him, not going to carry you anymore. And to me, it felt like he needed to go and say I'm not going to be the kind of dad that turned me into this guy. I'm gonna go learn.
Speaker 6: To be a new guy, a new dad.
Speaker 5: And then he says to Hailey, this is the beginning of the way it's going to be from now on.
Speaker 4: Baby. We got a talk about that part. Oh, the no beard, long hair. I know, I want to talk about feeling.
Speaker 6: You were going to talk about romance.
Speaker 4: Okay, he looks like someone and I cannot put my finger on it with the long hair, no beard, and it's killing me.
Speaker 5: He reminds me of Taylor Kitch on Friday Night Lights with his shaggy hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 5: It's like that same kind of energy.
Speaker 4: It's slightly disproportionate.
Speaker 1: It's like that either we need the beard and the hair, or we need to shorten the hair just a little.
Speaker 4: Even it could still be.
Speaker 1: Shaggy and messy, but I needed like a little closer to the Yeah, why didn't you.
Speaker 4: Pull it into a ponytail or something cute? Top not Hillary?
Speaker 6: You know ponytails aren't allowed on one tree hill.
Speaker 4: That's right, Jojo could have been out there with her flat eye. Ron just fit cute. Joy, What do you remember about shooting that stuff? Because you guys had to have like these blow ups, you know, and your storyline is signal defficantly more adult than all the rest of ours, And so were you into it? Yeah, I think I was.
Speaker 1: I think I was because I was in a very serious place in my life personally where I was struggling a lot, So it was I think it just kind of fit. It was an easy fit for me to All those emotions were right at the top of the surface for me, so it was easy, and I thought it was fun. It was nice to do something different than just being in love all the time, which is really what Nathan and Haley had done. You know, it was like this the young high school drama and stress of it was more playful stress and stress that we kind of knew it was always going to work out.
Speaker 4: Find it poorn on his computer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, feeling separated and wanting to be close to each other. But yeah, it kind of hit close to home for me on that one. So I was, yeah, it felt good to go to work. And James was always such a great partner, such a great scene partner and fun to banter with. And then you throw Jackson in the mix, and so it was like we were having these jovial days on set when the cameras were off, and then as soon as they started rolling we all had to be very serious.
Speaker 4: It was fun. I mean, James when he's talking to Jamie and is like finally, like you're trying to shoot some of these hoops watching Jackson, like try not to get excited, but like being so god, you're excited. It was pretty cute. Man. They sweet, so sweet, but play basketball by the pool. Guys, don't do that with your kids. No, it's so dumb.
Speaker 5: I know that did give me a little bit of anxiety, but I liked again, David Jackson, great choice. I liked that he had Jamie and Nathan down on the patio level and he kept Haley up at the door because we got to watch you watch your family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all gonna be okay. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It really clarified that there was this tableau happening and that she needed to take it in in the same way we as an audience. We're taking it in. And it was really it was just such a simple choice of staging, but it communicated a lot. I really really liked that.
Speaker 4: Do you think Haley buys it? Like, do you think Haley is like, Okay, everything's better now, or do you think she's going to be a slow burn? I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think she buys it immediately. I think she really appreciates it in senses that he's sincere. But that's kind of a thing about Nathan too, is that he doesn't He's not the kind of person that says he's going to do something and then doesn't do it. So I think she senses the authenticity of what he's saying and and is looking forward to that process. But yeah, I think you also are. Probably she's probably shell shocked a little. Once you go through something like that. It's really hard when you see somebody continually go through a pattern of not believing in themselves and struggle and struggle and just not being able to get the strength to move forward and step out and do something new. I'm sure she felt a little nervous that it wasn't gonna really last. But it's the biggest stride he's made in like a year.
Speaker 4: Well for sure. I mean, the audience gets to see him visit Dan, the audience gets to know like, oh, he did a big thing today, and heally just comes home and there's like a cast a role she doesn't know, like the bigness of the day. But I don't know, I feel.
Speaker 1: I felt it. And maybe it's subconsciously because I saw him. We saw him go to prison, and we saw himjump out of the pool in the last episode of his arms up like Rocky, And you know, maybe, but I think I think it's real when you live with the subtleties of someone who is struggling every day and you get used to that when you see them cleaned up and feeling good and in a good place.
Speaker 4: It means a lot. You recognize it. I can't wait to see the Nathan recovery. What do we think our honorable mention is for this episode?
Speaker 5: I mean, other than Paul's goatee.
Speaker 4: Or Haley's juicy tube lip glass. I was gonna say Haley's dining room because there Gus was like, that dining room is bullsh There's no toys, Like, there's no way that child sat there waiting for his mother to come home. And there's not like legos or just yeah everywhere. Yeah, that's funny. The cleanest dining room in tree Hill. Yeah, good for whoever cleaned that up. Maybe that's Nanny Carey. Maybe she is magical, m M.
Speaker 5: Magical and just a little bit nuts. And I have one more honorable mention, and it's when Haley gives Quentin the full download on the River Court. I cannot tell you how happy I felt that you rattled off a bunch of education statistics to him.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is it.
Speaker 5: You use mass and truth about society to illustrate points to people to make them more invested in themselves and in the world around them.
Speaker 4: I feel so validated right now. It was so.
Speaker 5: It just guys, it made me really happy. Then thanks for loving me because she like that makes me happy.
Speaker 4: And then he just turns it into crouch I know, yep. Seeing him laugh in the first couple episodes was like, oh, he's like a good looking kid, you know what a what a charmer And now it just feels really sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so in so much insecurity and posturing.
Speaker 5: And you can see it. Robbie does such a good job. You can see that what Hailey says gets to Quentin and then he just covers it.
Speaker 6: He just masks it.
Speaker 5: And does the thing he knows how to do best. And it's a really it's a really subtle performance but so good. I loved it.
Speaker 6: We spin a wheel, I.
Speaker 3: Want to spam.
Speaker 4: What do we got all right? This week? We have most likely too oh well, duh da da huge da.
Speaker 5: Most likely to have the best music playlist Peyton's Air Peter Obviously.
Speaker 4: Obviously, my son has never really thought I was cool, but he thought that was cool tonight watching this episode, and I can't wait to force feed him all of my six seasons of the show just to enforce it. But who know who in real life has the best list. Still you, I don't know, I wouldn't. I don't know about that. I'm trying to think. I just feel like you.
Speaker 1: I mean, you made your your The first part of your career was on music and you were interviewing I mean, I guess musicians and actors and whoever. But like you still had so you were at MTV. You had so much invested in history and music and have.
Speaker 4: Great music on TRL all the time. By the way, fair enough, fair enough, there are some real stinkers. I will say that, like Daniel's down in Austin were that music scene. I'm envious of that music scene. I would like to be around that. She always has good bands.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a loss.
Speaker 4: Who's in a band from our cast? Well, like Tyler duh Tyler?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Tyler probably has the best playlist.
Speaker 4: I'm sure Eiler and Kate Bogel like the people who actually hang out with musicians, hanging out with soccer moms man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't wait to see what happens to the next one. This was a nice lead into what the next adventures are going to be for all of our five favorite characters.
Speaker 5: Next week, Season five, Episode four, it's all right, Mom, I'm only bleeding great, Laurie, I think you should take a bite of missus Davis again.
Speaker 4: I died, Hi, missus Davis.
Speaker 6: Perfect way to end an episode.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 5: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot.
Speaker 4: Or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time.
Speaker 3: We all about that high school drama.
Speaker 2: Girl Drama, Girl, all about them high school queens.
Speaker 3: We'll take you for a ride at our raoma Girl Cheering for the Rights Drama Queens.
Speaker 6: Jelise my girl up girl fashion.
Speaker 3: With your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama Drama, Queens Drama, Queens