Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Arm Strong and Getty, and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 4: This is certainly about the tragic.
Speaker 5: Death assassination political assassination of Charlie Kirk, but it is also much bigger than an attack on an individual. It is an attack on all of us. It is an attack on the American experiment.
Speaker 4: It is an.
Speaker 6: It's Governor Cox from the other day after the Charlie Kirk assassination of Utah, and he got a lot of play and a lot of attention across the country, and a lot of people thought he sounded like a rock star. And then it came across one of our favorite pundits who thought, and that ain't going to work. So we thought we would talk to that pundit, favorite friend of the show, David Drucker. David Druncker is with The Dispatch, a senior writer, author of In Trump's Shadow, The Battle for twenty twenty four, in the Future of the GOP. David Drucker, Welcome back to the Armstrong You Getty Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good to be back.
Speaker 6: How do you like the Dispatch. By the way, I'm one of the founding joiners. I paid the big check right off the bat, so I could be a lifetime member. That's how much I like the Dispatch. But how do you like working that.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it. I think we're building something really great here.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: They give me the freedom, They give me the freedom to report news, to report good stories. They they invest in campaign travel, and I just can't say enough about what I think we're building here. But also the sort of trust they give me to pursue really good stuff, and the fact that we just don't do clifbait.
Speaker 2: Nothing that we think is clifbait.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, I know, I know, Stephen Jonah. One other things is, and I see this every time there's a big, giant breaking story like Charlie Kirk's assassination. You don't see a bunch of comments immediately out of people with the Dispatch. They wait until, you know, facts come out and things settle down a little bit before you start shooting your mouths off or tweeting your mouths off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a philosophy with us, and sometimes we've had to move quicker. After the attempted assassination, of Donald Trump, the president at that time of presidential candidate.
Speaker 2: In Butler, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: We moved very quickly to at least post the news and probably moved quicker with our follow up coverage the next day. But in general, we like to make sure we know what we're talking about, or that we don't sort of report anything in the seat of the moment that then just turns out to be all wrong in terms of the context. Context is a very big deal with us.
Speaker 6: So I have a pretty healthy dose of bipartisan discussed with politics all the way around, and you know, just the tone of things for quite a while now, and be nice if we can calm that down. And it kind of fits it with what I saw you saying the other day. I don't remember where I caught you, but you were a little not so fast on Governor Cox of Utah, even though I liked what he had to say. You don't think his tone is gonna work in our current politics?
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I meant that. I think what I was probably, of course, like you, I've been sort of providing so much analysis that I don't totally remember everything I said. But I think what I think the discussion you're probably referring to.
Speaker 2: Was a question of whether or not Governor.
Speaker 1: Box's approach to politics can can travel be on Utah, And I think I was trying to make the particular point that one of the reasons you can have a Governor Cox who is a Republican in Utah is because the incentive structure that he gets from Utah Republican voters is different than Republican voters in other states.
Speaker 3: So this, I love this, explain that to us.
Speaker 1: So and I'm not I'm not saying necessarily every single Republican leaning state would reject Governor Cox in a Republican primary, But if you're looking for reasons why, For instance, in twenty eighteen, Mitt Romney was able to win a Republican primary being exactly who He was critical of Trump at times enough that people noticed, so it was a regular thing, but was still able to be the overwhelming favorite in the Republican primary. The reason Governor Cox has been able to succeed in Republican politics in Utah despite being critical at times enough that everybody notices of President Trump because Republican voters in Utah, although they're although they are supportive of Trump, and there is a strong you know, like sort of Maga faction or populist or just throw Trump faction of Republicans in Utah. The broad Republican electorate in Utah is basically a very very Republican state. By the numbers. They you know, look at politics and a sort of Reagan era with a Reagan era sense of of rules and decency and decorum. You know, they look at even the issue of illegal immigration, they look at a little bit differently and that they want a secure border, but you know, they believe in more immigration, and they believe that immigrants, even illegal immigrants, should be you know, treated not necessarily as criminals unless they are criminals. And so you can be critical of Donald Trump in Utah and win a Republican primary. Now, I don't think that you can be an opponent of Donald Trump and win a Republican primary in Utah.
Speaker 2: They still would prefer.
Speaker 1: Trump as president because he's a Republican and more likely to push conservative policies and support conservative values. But they will brook criticism and they will see that as a sign of leadership. And yes, there are Republicans in Utah that will run against that or speak out against that as being insufficiently conservative and too critical of Trump when we should be critical of the Democrats instead. They will say, but Utah is just a different sort of place, and it gives Governor Talk, you know. And I'm not taking away from his willingness to speak out in this way, But what I am saying is he does not have to now look over his shoulder in a primary for future office should he choose to run for another office after his time as governor is up, and he does not have to worry about a complete revolt of the Republican Party in Utah because of the things that he has said.
Speaker 6: Do you think he has any interest in running for president, like trying to beat up JD.
Speaker 3: Vance for the nomination.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, because I haven't asked him, and I never put it past the idea that somebody that rises to the level of governor or senator, you know, let alone dogcatcher, doesn't have it in their hand that they.
Speaker 2: Should be president.
Speaker 1: I don't know that a Republican like Governor Talks can win a Republican primary against a combative populist like JD. Vance or you know, pick somebody else. Because I think Republicans broadly, and particularly when you're looking in a lot of these early.
Speaker 2: States, but even beyond that, have.
Speaker 1: Would prefer somebody that they is left conciliatory and appears to be more of a fighter. One of the yeah, I mean, I mean think one of the reasons that a lot of Republican voters may at times look past Donald Trump's provocative language and behavior, even though they don't agree with it, is because they say to him, says, well, he's a fighter. He's fighting for us. He is not allowing the Democrats to do the sort of unfair things that we believe for years they were doing, and that the more sort of rules following the Korum following statesman like Republicans were allowing them to do. This idea of traditional conservatism where we're gonna again, I mean, Democrats will look at this differently, right, but like if you're an old school conservative of the Reagan mold, Reagan was plenty of fighter.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's not forget that.
Speaker 1: But this idea that listen, there are just rules we don't break, and even if they break them, we're going to argue that they shouldn't have broken the rules.
Speaker 2: But we're not going to do what they do.
Speaker 1: It's just out of fashion right now, Republicans. If you look at how Republicans conduct themselves broadly speaking, meaning lawmakers and the president, they really have adopted many of the tactics of the left and the Democratic Party, at least those that the Democratic Party and the left practiced, you know in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: In the nineteen eighties and the nineteen nineties.
Speaker 1: And the early offs that Republicans used to complain about. And now what they've what they've done, is adopt those tactics. And you know, whether it's boycott's or cancel culture or stretching the bounds of executive authority by the president. I mean, in all these ways, and so.
Speaker 3: And the people.
Speaker 6: I can just hear people texting or saying to their radio right now, yes and now, and we control all three brands. So is the government from doing that? So it's been successful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think so. And look I think for you know, Republicans look at it this way too. I mean to be and I didn't I don't think my other comments were unfair, but you know, the old thing, to be fair, they watched Bill Clinton have an affair in the Oval office and lie about it. Democrats didn't have any problems with that. They never complained about it. They never said Bill Clinton should resign, They never said it was wrong. They basically were tribal. Well, Bill Clinton's our guy. He's doing a good job. Voters seem to like the job he's doing. Look what we've won because of Bill Clinton, and so that's okay. And and they, you know, from from a conservative point of view, they've seen all sorts of things like that. And so I'm not saying the right answer is therefore to act like them. But if you talk to Republicans, they're going to say, why are you on our case? Democrats have been doing this for years. The bra or analytical point I was making was we're you know, Republicans in a sense that, well, if you can't beat him, join a right, that's what they did.
Speaker 6: Right, How do we whether it's political violence? Though just you know x's and o's tactics in politics, how do we stop the race to the bottom? Though each side thinks the other side fights dirtier than them, so we need to adopt their tactics.
Speaker 3: Both sides think that. I mean, so where do you end up?
Speaker 6: I mean, you don't go anywhere good with that attitude.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest consistency in my twenty plus years of covering politics, both Republican operatives and Democratic operatives, never mind elected officials, consistently tell me the other side, the other side plays dirtier than us. I wish we played as dirty as them, then we would win as much as they did.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: The way the only way that any of this stops is somebody or both sides stop keeping score and just stop. You know, my this is I don't normally do personal anecdotes here, but I feel like it's like the best analogy I have. Some years back, four years ago or whatever, we were celebrating my in law's fiftieth wedding anniversary, and anyway, the rabbi who married my wife and I is a a a relative A couple of times removed something like that, Jimmy Kessler, who passed away since, but Rabbi Kessler was there and we were, you know, asking him because he had been married fifty plus years, and I think my wife or I asked him like, how do you do it? How do you know we've been married at this point maybe ten years, nine years? I don't know, like, how how did you get to fifty plus years? And he just looked at Fuss and he said, you have to sometimes you have to know when to punt. And that sticks with me because you know, that's.
Speaker 3: What marriage advice right there.
Speaker 6: If nobody tells anything else from this, that is a good marriage advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I mean, if you look at the United States of America like an extended big family, we never punt.
Speaker 6: Well, either side ever punts. You go for it on fourth down always.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, if that's not to say that what the assassination Charlie Kirk wasn't a distinct act with this with the suspect doing it for distinct political reasons. But when I'm asked the question where does this end, well, it either ends very badly or at some point people stop keeping score and say stop. Yeah, okay, Well I'm.
Speaker 3: Afraid we're out of time. David.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I like our chances at least in the short term on that. But appreciate your talk today, David Drucker of The Dispatch, Thanks for coming on, David. An Yeah, I want to talk more about that a little bit later, but I need to tell you about simply Safe. I pull away from my house every single day and see the simply Safe sign, and it makes me feel better about leaving my home because I got all the stuff there that is going to protect me and my script protect me with the AI powered cameras and all that sort of stuff. I got the censors on the doors and the windows. I got the lights, I got all those different sorts of things. You can get two way audio to confront people that are lurking around your house, trigger sirens, spotlights, contacting the police, all this stuff. I mean, it's the best security out there. All kinds of publications have said this sixty day money back guarantee, no contract. What does that mean to you? That means simply Safe believes in their product and thinks you're gonna like it.
Speaker 3: Visit simply safe.
Speaker 6: Dot com slash armstrong to claim fifty percent off a new system that's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. That's simply safe. If you spell it with an L like I said it, you won't find it. Katie got a project for you. All other commercials are going figure out why keep seeing a video on TV of a one legged woman hitting a golf ball. Why do I keep seeing a one legged woman hitting a golf ball?
Speaker 3: Katie will explain when we come back.
Speaker 7: Armstrong that this pepsi is replacing the artificial dies in Doritos and Cheetos with colors made from beats, radishes, and paprika. It's perfect for all those health conscious people who eat Cheetos.
Speaker 6: And dorita Right, that's a decent point if you're if you're if you're a person who wants to eat Doritos, and I eat crap all the time. Everybody who listens knows that the the fact that there's a dye in there that one in eight million people could get some kind of cancer from, is not you know, come on, you don't worry about that sort of things.
Speaker 3: You're eating freaking doritos. It reminds me.
Speaker 6: We had the conversation the other day Joe and I about energy bars.
Speaker 3: They call them energy bars, or.
Speaker 6: You know, it's a candy bar with a different colored wrapper on it, and they not all the time, but most of the time it's just a danged candy bar. And they put a like a green wrapper and a stalk of wheat on there and act like you know, it's it's not a candy bar.
Speaker 8: They say it's a protein bar. Yeah, and there's twenty grams of protein and like thirty five.
Speaker 3: Grams of sugar yeah, and a whole bunch of fat.
Speaker 6: And it's chocolate and caramel and peanuts and it's just like any other anymore. But one I grabbed at the grocery store last night said all natural and artificial flavors. Okay, I'm sure there are some natural flavors and everything. I don't think everything is one artificial. That's funny. All natural and artificial flavor to what? Okay, fantastic. So the one legged chick playing golf, I keep seeing that up on television.
Speaker 3: Wondered with that. Was she's the poor girl we got her leg bit off by a shark. Yeah, a arm and leg.
Speaker 6: Wow, she's she's hitting a golf ball with one arm and one leg.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Lulu Gribbon, that's her name, and she's actually she's launching something called Lulu Strong and it's gonna help, you know, amputees get into sports.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: She's not entering an ass kicking contest? Is it?
Speaker 6: Because the legend has it? That's a bad idea it's very tiring, at least, that's what the legend is. Incredibly exhausting. Well, good for her, I just yeah, yeah, obviously, good for her. She's overcoming something I can't even imagine. But man, I think I just decide my golfing days are behind me.
Speaker 8: Man, she was fifteen years old when this, when she got attacked by the shark.
Speaker 3: Horrible, horrible, amazing that she lived through that.
Speaker 6: But so you sure it's the same person because the woman I saw up there, I noticed the one leg because she hits the ball and then she hasked to hop afterwards, just from the momentum of the swing.
Speaker 3: But she's swinging with one arm too. Yeah, she should.
Speaker 6: Challenge all other one legged, one armed people do a golf match.
Speaker 3: I'll bet she could beat them. Oh, I'm sure of it. Yeah, I think it's the same one.
Speaker 8: Because she's going to be on one of our big morning talk shows this morning.
Speaker 3: So oh, okay, Cools probably why good for her. We're going to talk to one Joe Getty coming up in a little bit.
Speaker 6: He's going to play golf with both legs and both arms that he has.
Speaker 3: Uh, because he's got him, Because he's got him.
Speaker 6: And he's going to call in just a few minutes and we'll talk about I don't know whatever we're going to talk about.
Speaker 3: Then a couple.
Speaker 6: We got to get to the other explosive part of the hearing yesterday with cash, but tell the people are loving to hate and a bunch of other stuff on the way, so I hope you can stay.
Speaker 2: Here Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Before we get to our special guest, Joe Getty, who will reveal why he's not here today and all that sort of stuff, I need to tell the story, either now or later about this Ukrainian woman that has fallen in love.
Speaker 3: With me and keeps emailing me. Okay, and yeah, it's quite the story.
Speaker 6: That can't be a scam, right, No, it's obviously a scam, but it's pretty entertaining. And mostly what I'm getting out of it is do people actually fall for this? And if they do, how incredibly sad is that? I'll have to read you some of the emails. I mean, they're so over the top. Anyway, I'll get to that later. Currently, though, we need to welcome the ga half of Armstrong and Getty to the show, Joe Getty Joe Hey.
Speaker 4: During these ugly times. I suggest you let love bloom write that gal back.
Speaker 3: Oh, I responded initially to keep it going.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, I don't know how she got she I'm sure there's no she involved. If there's even a human involved, it might just be a bot. But you know it's some scamsters.
Speaker 3: But there was nothing.
Speaker 6: So somehow they they got my email and knew I was a male. So this is a person portraying themselves when they include pictures, and she's like twenty years old. Appears to me you're a little young for me, this hot Ukrainian woman who has fallen in love with me just from my picture. Somebody showed me your picture and I just couldn't stop thinking about you, and so I thought I would email you and think they see if there's a chance we could be together or something, would you please correspond with me? And and I and uh, And there were no links so you know, to click on or anything like that.
Speaker 3: So I thought, I.
Speaker 6: Don't think I can do myself any harm here, so I just made yeah, sure, go for it. I emailed back, and and then since then I just get these regular emails about it, how in love she is with me and everything like that. It's been going on for quite a while. Today's was though, she is so sad that she has not received my letter. I've been waiting by the mailbox every single day, and now I'm sad because I came to the internet cafe and I haven't found your answer in my email or a letter in my mailbox. Maybe you were busy and did not have the time to answer. I was an art gallery today and I saw a painting of a man and a woman holding hands, and I thought of you and me and how we could spend the rest of our lives holding hands like this.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's good. Stop.
Speaker 3: But I thought, dude, are there people that fall for this?
Speaker 6: Because I assume the next step is either a hyper link that you know, hacks into my computer or some sort of ask for money.
Speaker 4: Right. I'm impressed by the sophistication of it, though, I mean, how long ago was it that it was just I am being a Nigerian prince for you? I have your lockery winnings.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wonder what the ask is going to be though, probably just a link, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, money, Well, he's gonna have you wire her money because you know she needs it to whatever.
Speaker 6: Her mother has cancer to conduct to come to the United States and be with me. Yeah that too, Yeah yeah maybe movie. Maybe soon you and me will be walking in a beautiful park, holding each other's hands and talking, dreaming. Life is so short and we should value every moment of it. I'm sending you my air kiss and waiting for your answer with impatience.
Speaker 4: Wow. Wow, it's good writing.
Speaker 6: Anyway, she's really into me, You gotta you can blame her.
Speaker 3: Yes, love happens in weird ways.
Speaker 6: It's unpredictable. Uh so, why are you not here today? I couldn't help but notice when I walked into the studio you were not here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well excuse me. Greetings from a scenic, foggy, chili pebble Beach, California.
Speaker 3: Wemus golf courses in the world.
Speaker 6: Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, As a matter of fact, I'm down here for an annual trip with a bunch of good old buddies to play all for three days, and the skullduggery has already begun. We were out last night having a nice meal and a few drinks, and just when I was aware that I'd had plenty, another drink mysteriously appeared in front of me by my arch nemesis Jim, who is clearly trying to cripple me and reduce my capabilities on a golf course by successfully making me significantly hungover this morning.
Speaker 3: I hate to hear that you're overserved.
Speaker 4: Well, but what's the gentleman to do. A fine, perfectly good drink appears in front of them. What am I going to do? Pour it out or pretend to sip at it? No, certainly not. I'm going to draw down it like kool aid and regret it in the morning.
Speaker 6: So you're playing pebble beach golf course, No, sir, No, you're playing a dipple golf course.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, we're playing at the Monterey Peninsula Country.
Speaker 3: Club and that's a private one.
Speaker 4: Yes it is, yes, hard. You will not be admitted if you appear at the gate.
Speaker 3: What would it cost to become a there?
Speaker 4: Oh, let's not throw around. You know that's a rude. What monetary figures?
Speaker 3: What have you heard?
Speaker 4: It's it's significant a lot. It is six figures for sure to join, Yes, sir, that's the cover charge. Wow?
Speaker 3: And you know somebody who gets you on there is that what happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, old old friend. Yeah, I've been coming down here for years. It's it is spectacular. I mean it sits. There are two courses. They sit right between Pebble Beach and uh, Spanish Bay for folks who know the area. Does it right on the ocean?
Speaker 3: Does it make Pebble Beach look like a putt putt course?
Speaker 4: Like a muni? Yeah, like an eight dollars muni. Now you know, Pebble Beach has some magnificent holes and and if you've ever played it, a number that are fine. Mpcc is is pretty much spectacular stem to stern. But I'm a lucky fella.
Speaker 6: And uh and have you ever have you? Have you played it well when you've played it in the past?
Speaker 4: Zis Yeah, up and down. You get distracted by the scenery. Honestly, it's just so pretty. But who knows. The golf is a stupid game, a waste of time and money and a good walk spoiled as Twain. As Twain put it, So we'll see what if you get it. I was excited about this morning to read in the journal that cocaine is making a big company.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did all those stats.
Speaker 6: Isn't that funny the day after we had that conversation about, Wow, young people are doing hard drugs again, blah blah blah. It's the surest and cheapest it's been in forever.
Speaker 4: Right, And I love that the use on the West Coast has increased like one hundred and fifty four percent or something like that, and on the East coast not so much. But La, I'm looking at you really with the cocaine again. So is that what you're been through?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 4: Is that what you remember? The suburban dads and moms who ruin their family finances and the crack heads on the strip. Do you know remember that? Well? The young people don't.
Speaker 6: So is that where you're doing today? To get back in the game. You're a little hungover, a little tired, you get ready for the first tea.
Speaker 4: A couple of lines, yeah, yeah. A lot of golf courses they have teas out for you, or you know, ballmark repaired tools or whatever. Yeah, the better courses have lines of blow if you, you know, need a little pick me up, fantastic. I've said it a million times. And if there are any young people listening, if you want a drug that turns you into an a hole, pardon me, do a little cocaine turns you into complete raving jackass of a person.
Speaker 3: What's the appeal?
Speaker 4: Then it makes you feel like you're the king of the world. That's what they tell me, the druggies. Yeah, it's just you feel like the master of the universe, which and full of energy, and you want to chat with people and pretend to listen to them, then chat more. And it's just so.
Speaker 6: But feeling like the king of the world would make you an a whole because lots of people who think they're the king of the world or a holes.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, and people who are doing cocaine just prattle on and on about nothing, and it makes you selfish and you just want more cocaine. And it's yeah, it's not good. I've seen the dynamic play out many times and it does not turn you into a good person. But what time is it speaking to young people if I might indulge myself For Armstrong and Getty ogs who've been listening since the beginning, you may recall me calling in from the hospital announcing the birth of kidnumber three, the fabulous Delany May. That was twenty six years ago today. Wow, make us all feel.
Speaker 3: Old Wow, I don't know if that was helpful.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, little d although she is in class law school and not listening to this drivel.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the one legged girl hitting the golf balls, making the rounds today?
Speaker 4: It's on all the people again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 6: She's the poor girl who got her arm and leg eaten off by a shark last year. Oh yeah, and there's she's got a golf thing going now and she's on the you know, speaking circuit to you know, help you overcome your challenges. I mean, if you're playing golf with one arm on one leg, you're overcoming challenges.
Speaker 3: There's no doubt.
Speaker 4: God, I can't imagine she has a prosthetic. I imagine. I initially just literally pictured somebody playing golf on one leg, and you would have to have spectacular balance.
Speaker 6: Well she she yeah, that's what she does. She she hits the ball and then she bounces a lot to stay up.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, oh I've got to see that. God, that's you know, honestly, you know, the whole Speaker's circuit overcoming your difficulties thing. I mean, I'm old and bitter, so it's it's almost half a cliche. But imagine the courage and patience. Oh my god, it takes it. Really, it actually is inspiring.
Speaker 6: So got a question for you. I want to ask your opinion on this before you have to go, okay, nurse your hangover. I don't know if you've heard this or not. So you remember after Charlie Kirk was shot, they immediately had an old guy on the ground and thought he was the shooter, and then he got cleared. Well, the story that is out now that old guy yelled it's me.
Speaker 3: I did it.
Speaker 6: I shot him immediately after the shooting to distract, he says, his own words, to distract the police from the actual shooter. Is it even conceivable that a seventy one year old man could come up with that plan in a nanosecond like that?
Speaker 3: I just I find that very difficult to believe.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's that's an interesting point slash question.
Speaker 6: This is going to drive conspiracies forever, obviously, because it's pretty hard to swallow that. I know what I'll do? You think it like two seconds?
Speaker 4: Well, he says it was to help the killer escape, right, I suppose you could cook that up quickly. I mean, I've known you never crossed my mind. Well, you're not nuts.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I've known a couple of people in my life who are very very bright and very very cuckoo, and I wonder if this is just that the guy is just that. So you think, do you actually think they were in cahoots or just that it's hard to believe they're not.
Speaker 3: It's pretty damned hard to believe they're not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I took this story at face value, but I agree it's odd. You know, It's bothered me because, of course a bunch of old guys that are sitting around watching Fox News getting angry at the world. Is that the video is coming in from around the country of in particular college campuses, where it's not like two or three people acting happy, it's a dozen. It's twenty dancing around and mocking Charlie Kirk and laughing.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And the demographic composition of those people is interesting too, But it's I think that sort of ugly nihilism is more common than we imagined. Well, what's the demographic Well, obviously it's a lot of young people. There were several predominantly black crowds that were just having a huge laugh about it, which is not to suggest that black people in particular are callous to this sort of thing.
Speaker 3: But I don't remember him having a racial angle to any of his stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean, no, he didn't. I just think he is seen as part of the white establishment, the you know, the patriarchy, the you.
Speaker 3: Know the bet Wow, that's disturbing.
Speaker 4: It, it really is. I don't think. The other hand, it be hard.
Speaker 6: To name a person that I would get gleeful about finding out they got shot in the neck and they're a parent of young children. I can't even come up with anybody hardly.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, even the worst criminal I'd much for further dealt with through the judicial system. But yeah, yeah, it's it's truly sick and nihilistic and kind of disturbing. On the other hand, I'm sure you've heard that there have been thousands, thousands of applications to form new Turning Point USA chapters across campuses all all across America, high schools and colleges, which, you know, God willing will be the legacy of poor Charlie Kirk that his message got through and grew and grew even after he was gone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I hope they can keep it on the rails, because you know, there's a there's a fair amount of blood lust out there where David Drucker and I were just talking about that. I mean, it's just it's just so easy to go down the road of the tip for tat.
Speaker 3: They did this, we'll do that back and forth, right.
Speaker 4: You know there is something easy about anger?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Anybody who's ever been angry, he knows it's a hell of a lot easier to stay angry than to calm down and work through a problem, starting with me.
Speaker 3: So yeah, anyway, a scale of one to ten, how hungover are you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 3: Oh two? Well that's yeah.
Speaker 4: I went to bed immediately, sucked down a bunch of water, and uh, I'm fine, I'm fine.
Speaker 3: What does a ten look like in your mind?
Speaker 4: Oh? Good lord, it's well, it's been a very long time.
Speaker 3: Are you crawling out of bed with a ten?
Speaker 4: Do you remember that night in San Francisco we were out to like three am, which on the air at six that was a ten?
Speaker 3: Okay, you are knee walking drunk.
Speaker 4: I was. I should have been hospitalized, Michael. I regret it. And kids, remember old Uncle Joe's warning about cocaine over indulgence in spirits will do the same thing. Do you stay away. It's a nice coco.
Speaker 6: You're not a drinker, Michael. It's not really how drunk you were, although that plays a role. It's the amount of sleep, water, and food that you get in between the next thing you have to do.
Speaker 4: That's really definitely a factor.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's Joe Getty, everybody, He'll check in getting tomorrow. We got to take a break.
Speaker 9: Stay here, Hey, The Biden family has hit the financial skids. At least one organization tried to negotiate a lower rate for Joe's speaking gigs. The offer includes one roundtrip Amtrak ticket a set of complimentary depends.
Speaker 4: In a case of insure, but.
Speaker 9: Joe's agent keeps stressing that Joe's a limited time offer.
Speaker 4: Time's running out.
Speaker 3: We just don't know when.
Speaker 6: Those are age jokes about Joe Biden from Greg Guttfeld. That's what that is right now. I don't know if you know this, but Katie, Katie the news Lady Katie Green, her dad was a judge for a very long time. He's a retired Superior court judge in Alameda County. That's where Oakland is, and we're going to talk to him an hour three a little bit about the situation with the shooter in Utah and these kind of court cases and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: So that'll kick off our three.
Speaker 6: I hope you can get it if you don't get the podcast, Armstrong and get on demand. I don't know if you've seen that. A TikTok deal looks like it's gonna happen. We are going to have a report on that a little bit later. The confusing part, though, is I can't always forget nobody on this show uses TikTok.
Speaker 3: You use TikTok though, right, you have it on your phone? I do, okay, and you like it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Well, eh, somewhat.
Speaker 8: The algorithm's all screwed up for me, so it's feeding me a bunch of you know, like we talked about this, I think on the One More Thing podcast. For some reason, they keep getting these muck bangs or people are just eating an obnoxious amounts of food like slobs.
Speaker 6: Well, the algorithm is supposed to be like the best invented by anybody out there in terms of determining what you like. Apparently your's got thrown off somehow. But yeah, But the whole thing with TikTok is the algorithm. It's ingenious, better than anything youtubes come up with, their Instagrams come up with, anybody's come up with for keeping you engaged, figuring out the sort of stuff you're gonna want to watch and click on, TikTok's really good at that.
Speaker 3: Well, so, the big deal with.
Speaker 6: The settlement with China hinges on the algorithm, and CNBC reported that they will keep more or less the same algorithm when it's in the hands of American Corporation. But The Wall Street Journal says, no, no, no, it's got to be a completely different algorithm. Well, if it's a completely different algorithm, it's it's like, have you ever this happens a lot. You eat a historic restaurant and then on the menu they got information about the restaurant, and it always says it burned down in eighteen twenty then was rebuilt, and I always or you know, okay, well, then it's not the same historic restaurant that Wyatt shot somebody in or whatever the hell this place is famous for. It burnt down, you rebuilt it. It's a different place. It's just in the same spot. It's like TikTok, it's going to have the same name, but if it has a new algorithm, it's not TikTok. It's just something else. So that's the part I don't quite get. But at least it won't be a Chinese spy app anymore, which is the thing that Congress. The reason Congress said it's got to go, and why the Supreme Court voted nine to oh that yeah, they upheld that law and everything. So we'll get more on that a little bit later. I do want to talk about the pot luck I went to and the baked chicken that Henry and I made and how that went. It was much more difficult than I should have been. If you miss Seke making the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty