Speaker 1: This is Suckers. I'm Kilan Bell, I'm Dean Bell, and I'm Jared han An.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: What is going on? Everybody? Welcome to an all new episode of Suckers. We're sticky, We're fruity, We're suckers. Tuning in live from Rome, Italy.
Speaker 2: It's Dean and Kayleen.
Speaker 1: It's Dean and Kaylen.
Speaker 2: Hey, what flavor sucker are you?
Speaker 1: I'm a mystery flavor?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Or root beer?
Speaker 2: Oh, root Beer's good.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying my favorite flavors. I don't know what flavor I would be, but I just like root beer a lot.
Speaker 2: Banana?
Speaker 1: Okay? So so incredibly rude of you. You haven't been we haven't been recording for twenty seconds, and you're already throwing jabs at me.
Speaker 3: I'm bubble gum. What you want to say? I'm what's the bad flavors?
Speaker 1: Banana? Yeah? How dare I? How dare? How rude of it with me? Would it be to say?
Speaker 3: For a second, I was thinking runs flavors runs bananas pretty good?
Speaker 1: Are the best? You're like a raspberry flavor?
Speaker 2: Raspberry is also not good?
Speaker 1: A little sour, a little sweet. Hmm, it's good. Why am I blanking? What is a sucker?
Speaker 2: A sucker?
Speaker 3: Like you would go to the bank and you're, well, it's a lollipop here like a lollipop, but they have a brand called sucker.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like the little they've got paper.
Speaker 4: Wrapped dumb dumbs. No, dumb dums are a lollipop sucker candy?
Speaker 2: Oh dumb dums. Yes, you're right, they're dumb dumbs.
Speaker 1: I said that and you, oh my goodness. Suckers are just it's a general blanket term for lollipops.
Speaker 2: Why did I think dumb dums were called suckers.
Speaker 1: Because you suck on them. That's what you call lollipops is suckers and dum dumbs a lollipop I eat ipso facto. A dumb dumb is a sucker.
Speaker 2: Anyways, we are coming to you live from Italy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're about thirty steps away from the Tilly Fountain.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Now I don't know the name, Trevy Fountain.
Speaker 1: Troy Fountain. Yeah, yeah, So how long have you guys been in room for We got in last night. We got in maybe about seventeen hours ago. We have been playing a lot of Mario Party, and so we slept in a little later today then we would have wanted.
Speaker 2: To because we were up playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a real great trip so far.
Speaker 3: We got Mario Party to make the flight fly by, and then it didn't work on the flight, so then we played once we landed.
Speaker 1: I mean we didn't need Mario Party to make the flight fly by because it was gonna fly by regardless.
Speaker 3: True, because the flights fly literally. Yeah, but it was a great flight. We're here with Flanza and we had great beds, so we slept.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out luft TANSA shameless plug for luf Tansa. Yeah, probably, but I like to say tansa nothing shameless about it. My friend, where are you, Jared? Are you in?
Speaker 4: Uh? I'm back and roady, back in the White's glamor room. Yep, just living the dream. We threw over Rhode Island and I waved down. I don't know if you saw me, though I could sense your presence. Yeah, I was like, something smells funny. Yeah, jan must be flying above.
Speaker 2: Dean's in a smoll good era.
Speaker 1: I'm in my smell good air. No, I don't care if people know I just have native point to make sure that you know that I spell get airy.
Speaker 4: Speak stink that much. But I mean, there was, like I always said, I always reference Ben's a little bachelor party when I saw you and hug you, and I was like, Okay, oh my god, show me the guy that smells good after thirty six soles of golf.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, And at that point in your life you were so so so anti deodorant. Now you're a little bit more on the deodorant train, you know, when you smell as everyone does, and now he's rank clump.
Speaker 1: I don't like where this podcast episode has headed. Is it gonna?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 1: You know when you smell?
Speaker 4: Like I always get self conscious that I stink because sometimes I don't shower after the gym, which I've been made fun of endlessly for. And I don't think I smell. I smell myself. I don't think I smell, but I always get self conscious. I'm like, what if I just can't smell my own bo?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is that a thing? I mean, I know when I.
Speaker 3: Smell And I went to plates two days ago and forgot to put it on deodorant.
Speaker 2: I was mortified.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she just kept like putting her hands on me, and she's like no, like let your arms out fully extended.
Speaker 2: I was like, I can't. I swear to you, I can't right now.
Speaker 1: There are places where you're allowed to smell bad, and the gym is one of them.
Speaker 3: Plotates is a little more like a precious little studio.
Speaker 1: A workout class is one of them. Let me rephrase. You are allowed to smell bad at a workout class. You're allowed to smell bad at like a construction job. If you work that why, just because you're hard physical labor, you're allowed to smell bad. There are times you're not allowed to smell bad, like when you're at a gaula or a red carpet or hugging Jared at Ben's bachelor party.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 1: Those times bad, yeah, but no I am in my smell get era. I found some of Kahlan's perfume in one of the boxes as I was unpacking, and I was like, I'm just gonna wear this every day for until it runs empty. And I've been smelling pretty good lately, so to be fair, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know if it's coolwner perfume, but it's eve.
Speaker 1: It's why self it's perfeme see Women's perfume, But that's okay. I used to wear Women's dealer And sometimes does it smell like Colonne? Do you smell bad?
Speaker 2: The musky perfume?
Speaker 1: It's a unit. It's a unisex extent for sure. So yeah, my smell good. Error, it's good. Good to be here, good to be here.
Speaker 4: There's a clone that I wear, and I forget the name of it. I think it's called X s L. That's what it looks like in the bottle, but it smells great. It's probably Eve Saint Laurent. Why I sel Eve Saint Laurent's right? He said it looks like an axe. He's not sure that it's an accent. Why kind of looks like an X? Sometimes if you don't finish off that little so you're in your smell good era too very good, very very smell good. Sometimes I don't know. I mean again, I I don't think I ever smell bad. But then in my own brain I think that if I could smell myself, it's too late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, other people have already smelt me.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 1: Isn't it the worst too? When people like don't like if I smell bad. I just want someone to come right out and be like, hey, you smell bad. Like you, For instance, when we were in Mexico at Ben's bachelor party, You're like, hey, you smell bad, and I'd be like, thank you for getting the elephant out of the room, because yes, I know I smell bad. And if you didn't say that I smelled bad, then I would have been going around like trying to pretend that I didn't smell bad, but knowing I did smell bad.
Speaker 3: But that's funny coming from you because in that instance, in that time of your life, you could have just put on deodorant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is beside. The point that I'm trying to make right now is like if you're you know, if you smell bad, at least like bring it to not even bring it to my attention, but just mention it. That way we can kind of joke about it and move on. The next time you smell it again, you we'll like kind of look at each other and smile a little bit.
Speaker 4: Really depends on how comfortable I am with the person. Yeah that's fair, Like I'm obviously comfortable with you and be like, bro, not good.
Speaker 3: But I think people in Dean's life will tell him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Dean's also just very comfortable with the people that surround him. But like, yeah, if it was somebody that I was friendly with, Like for example, uh, if if we were golfing that day week golf with Joey, Yeah, and Joey stank M.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'd be like, do I tell him? Do we say anything? Do we just let it go? He smells so bad?
Speaker 2: Are trying to start a rumor?
Speaker 1: I shared it had eighteen holes with him in the foursome and Jared, you were behind us, so you might have caught some whiffs of him.
Speaker 3: Are you doing what podcasts host do where you talking about them and then I hope they come on your podcast.
Speaker 1: Might be the worst smelling man I've ever smelt my entire life.
Speaker 2: That's what he's doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was pretty bad, and you know what, he needs to be brought down a little anyway. He's getting too much praise right now.
Speaker 1: We need it. Like he smelled, if there's a podcast out there, he smelled so bad.
Speaker 2: He was so annoyed, said he wasn't kind, right, he was.
Speaker 4: So mean and just so annoying. He just he's got like three abs, not six. He doesn't have a six pack. It's like three maybe three and a half, but like he tells everyone he has a six So he's also a liar.
Speaker 1: I guess. Gosh, that guy, he's just maybe the worst person in the world.
Speaker 3: Anyways, Joey, if you want to come on the podcast'd be more than happy to have you on.
Speaker 1: No, Joey smelt really good. He had all six of his abs. He was very nice, and he was not annoying at all. That's all. That's all the farce. But have you guys been watching Bachelor, because I have not really been.
Speaker 2: Staying caught up minus what we missed last night.
Speaker 1: Jared, You're probably not I been watching, you know. I dabble. I dabble, obviously.
Speaker 4: It's so hard to say that I don't watch because I love the show so much and they you know, I support it so much. I just have a tough time watching reality TV in general, like I don't watch anything. It's it's a flaw of mine that I'm fully aware of, and it is a flaw because I feel like I'd be able to bond Ashley more if I was able.
Speaker 1: To watch TV. No, no, no, No, no, its.
Speaker 2: Good to have your difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we could watch The Love Is Blind together, you know, and I would have opinions about it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, it's not a flaw. It's a flat. It's flaws who watch reality.
Speaker 3: Television, agreed to someone who loves reality television.
Speaker 2: Toxic.
Speaker 1: Helen would always get met like I would play video game. I'd play like Call of Duty with my friends until like one or two in the morning, and then I would come back with like a little bit of a sailor's mouth because that's just kind of how we play video games together. And she'd be like, video games are making you talk this way? And then I would listen to what she she's listening to, like what we're watching on television, and it's like these forty five year old women calling each other's the C word and the B word and all this stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't really call each other the sea word anymore. That was like twenty ten, But.
Speaker 1: My point means the same. The stuff that you ingest is just as bad, if not way worse than what I ingest.
Speaker 2: Not these days now everyone is just like.
Speaker 3: Aware, Yeah, I suppose, but I have been watching I missed The Women Tell All, which just happened, and I've seen like little snippets. Everyone still is obsessed with Maria, like obsessed with Maria, so I think she's going to be the bachelorette.
Speaker 4: I watched I'd say half. I watched the beginning of The Women Tell All because I wanted to see the Sydney part because Sydney's.
Speaker 1: From the Newport, she's her friend.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I wonder how this is going to go for there to go well, and I think it went fine, Like I don't think it obviously changed anything. But I feel like a dick saying this because I'm sure she's very nice. I just I don't understand Maria. I don't understand why everybody's on Maria's side. She kind of comes off a little.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just thought she was mean in The Women Tell All.
Speaker 4: Now I haven't seen the whole season, so I don't really know, so I could be completely wrong. Yeah, but she said something to you like somebody was like, you told me to shut up, and she's like, I didn't say shut up, I said zip it. And I'm like, okay, we're five, yeah, like we're five years old here we go.
Speaker 3: It's crazy to me watching this season because I'm like, if this were five years ago, people would not be on Maria's side, they would fully be on Sydney side. Like it's something switched where people. I don't know, I don't know how to explain it, but I just can tell.
Speaker 1: I just feel like, if you're hot, you get a lot of passes in life, and Maria fits the bill for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I don't want to shut on her because I'm sure she's nice, but like I want to show.
Speaker 3: The stereotypical bachelor villain where like normally she would people would side with Sydney. And it's it's weird that people are so obsessed with her. But I also did like her this season, so I get it.
Speaker 1: And what is it actually liked her? What's the quality that she has confidence.
Speaker 2: That we talked about this.
Speaker 3: She's so confident and so sure of herself. And you can't really shut on a villain if they're just like so aware of themselves and and kind of like call themselves out on their flaws.
Speaker 1: She's kind of got like this. I don't know where she's from. I would assume Chicago. I think we've probably talked about that. Oh gosh, dangn we have talked about this. She's got like that midwestern, big city kind of swagger where she's like, Eh, this is who like kind of like your friend Torri. It's kind of like this is who I am to uh, and it is charming in a lot of ways. I think maybe is why we feel that way about, maybe why she gets a pass. I guess.
Speaker 4: One thing on Maria another line that I just didn't like was I just hate when people and this is for everybody, it's not just Maria thing, but like when someone's trying to de escalate a situation and then the other person wants to escalate it, especially in Maria's position who she knows that, like, someone like Sidney's getting all this hate and it's she's getting all the love, which is totally fine, but it's so annoying because Sidney was saying, you know, I think we just she was talking Maria, She's like, I think we communicate differently, and then Maria was like, yeah, you say lies and I speak the truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, actually, you know it's a interesting is before with the women tell all you're pitching yourself for Bachelor in Paradise, Like, you're pitching hard to make sure you're on the show. But if there's no Bachelor in Paradise, it's like, what do you just trying for airtime?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I maybe that was a new thing for you guys this season, but when I was doing mental all, their last thing on my mind is anything about Veelan in Paradise.
Speaker 3: Well, certain people, certain people who like went home night one or went home night three, they were pitching them and they were like, make sure you you know, I guess that makes sense, are vocal.
Speaker 4: And I think for uh like because for someone who's very old like myself and uh before Paradise like really became a thing, I think they were just telling them, like, you know, this is your last opportunity.
Speaker 1: You know, say something when you're a senior in high school and you're going out for your last football game and your coach is like, this is the last time you'll ever put pads on, so make account. It's kind of the same thing, but you're going on television. This is the last time you're going to put pats on.
Speaker 3: A quick pivot from Maria, have you guys seen Daisy's music video?
Speaker 1: Uh, neither of you.
Speaker 3: She sings, there's some crazy lyrics. So she's in a music video from years ago.
Speaker 1: It's it.
Speaker 3: It's all over TikTok now, it's on Instagram. Okay, So it's this music video with her and this guy. I don't want to misquote it.
Speaker 2: Deane pulled up the lyrics and he had a smile on his face, so he definitely found it.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this question. Have you listened to the music?
Speaker 2: Yes, So Daisy is singing and then there's a guy singing. Okay, and the guy this is the guy's quote.
Speaker 1: This is what you've written down. It says you can lick on my suck on my. Now twice he says it.
Speaker 3: So so lick on my you can lick.
Speaker 1: On my suck on.
Speaker 2: It is quite the music video.
Speaker 3: It's pretty wid Yes, it is very wild and sweetheart.
Speaker 2: No, this came out like years.
Speaker 3: And years ago before she's on the show, but someone found it. Yeah, skeletons and she was singing in it, and she was decent pretty good.
Speaker 1: I mean she wasn't he was.
Speaker 2: I want to clarify that would be weird.
Speaker 1: I just get a bubble with a thumb up and it do you see that? I know, it's pretty awesome. How did you do that? I don't know what. I kind of want to know how to do it for future reference? Did it again? Is her name Daisy Kent?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, so I see her. I mean, I'm not going to give her too much. If it was like before Bachelor and she's just trying to make it and she's singing with someone, I mean, whatever, I see.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Daisy Kent faces backlash for past music video appearance. Whatever. I once went on a dating show before The Bachelor, what yeah?
Speaker 2: What? It was small?
Speaker 1: What was it? It was small like in the mall. It was a show that was maybe just what.
Speaker 2: Wait, this is the first time appearing.
Speaker 1: He was the name of the show. I don't even know if it had a name. I think it was like a show that was trying to get a pilot green lit, and so they were like, we just need to have someone come on and go on a fig date and we'll pay you one hundred and fifty bucks. And I was like, oh yeah, one hundred fifty bucks, sign me up.
Speaker 2: Oh like an MTVVH one show.
Speaker 1: I have no idea, honestly, I just knew that I was going to get a hundred freet dollar and I said, yeah, do whatever you want with me.
Speaker 2: And what did you do?
Speaker 1: Did it ever get aired? No, I never got aired. It never got aired. I don't I had no idea if anyone even watched it. You were in LA, it was in Los Angeles. Yeah, they just needed a guy who was twenty five to spend thirty minutes on a date with this girl who was an actress. It could have been all acting. I don't even know. Maybe that was the start of my acting career. But yeah, I was a dating It was like a pitch for a dating show, and I guess I was one of the guys on the date with the girl.
Speaker 2: What happened to your acting career?
Speaker 1: Since it's gone all downhill since then? It's okay, Yeah, I haven't really done much since then. I guess I didn't really shock and all like I was meant to. But yeah, so I've been on two dating shows in my life.
Speaker 2: I guess that's crazy. I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of forgot about it until I just started talking about it. But yeah, that's it, So let's move on to the next subject.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just thought the music video was funny and no shade to Daisy.
Speaker 2: It was more so like the.
Speaker 1: Act every season has a couple of contestants that are like they dig up something from their past that's incredibly embarrassing. Yeah. Yeah, Like I remember Victoria Fuller modeling something for like a oh something like a some sort of lives matter situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't remember what.
Speaker 1: It was, but and what did you have that was embarrassing that got dug up?
Speaker 2: I did pageants. That's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's embarrassing, Jared, Do you have anything embarrassing get dug up?
Speaker 4: When I was like in my early twenties, I did a I did like her Babe was. I was nineteen anyway, in college, I did like a YouTube series called Red Circles where I played a cop. And I remember people being like, oh, look at Jared in this, you know, like he wants to be an actor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I was in theater at the time and it was great. But it was a guy that I went to a theater class with and he was directing. He wanted to he wanted to become a director, and he was doing this cop series on YouTube where he did like nine episodes and it was called Red Circles, and I was only in like one or two episodes because he was like, oh, I'm looking for more people because he just filmed with his friends, and I was like, yeah, I'll do it, hell yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I did that and it was not good. There's just something to be said about people that go on the show where I feel like, typically are people that like to say yes to things. Holy, how did you know that person? I Detective Tom Arnold? Was that my name? Wow?
Speaker 4: Easton coming up? So Easton just said, Detective Tom Marold, did you just find that out? Or is this like and do you have like a file on me?
Speaker 1: Mason's been secretly the only fan of the show for the past twenty.
Speaker 2: Years, watching since its inception.
Speaker 4: I wonder if I could YouTube right now actually read Circles. Also, I wanted to point out there are dozens of us. I want to point out Kaitlin. If you look at your zoom window, yes, and you look at the bottom left. If you look at or the bottom right, excuse me, you'll see a nice little gray foot that keeps just bouncing in and out.
Speaker 1: It's my foot, you guys, that's my foot. There it is. I was in a YouTube video that got circulated a little bit on my first show with Bachelorette. When I was in high school, I would throw these big house parties because my dad was always gone, and Sarah and one of my best friends would oh put a lot of stuff on YouTube, and we were like wasted, smoking hookah, probably a little, you know, high on marijuana.
Speaker 2: Now it's okay, I know.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say hi, but then I wasn't sure if that would imply that I was high on something else. I was high on weed, which I don't do because I have no tolerance for it, and I was just completely moronic. I was like grabbing a two liter of coca cola and I was like talking about how sick coca cola is, and I just wasted and it got circulated and I'm like sixteen. In the video, I'm like, oh my god, that's so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: You showed me one of them. It's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: It's so wait is this on YouTube?
Speaker 2: It's now unlisted or something.
Speaker 1: I've called Seraphan multiple times. I was begging with him. I was like, please delete these videos, please, man.
Speaker 2: I'm got so many views to keep it.
Speaker 1: No, He was like, I don't even know what the password to this account is. I haven't logged onto it in ten years or whatever. For seven years, I guess, and he couldn't do it, and it just kept going around and around. And it's so funny to look back on now because it's such a small, like harmless thing that I was doing. But I was so embarrassed at the time and now, like, I literally don't even care about it at all.
Speaker 3: You know something about weed too? We get so many dem I don't know if you do, but I get so many dms in there. Like you guys for sure smoke weed, Like your eys so many your eyes are red, You're for sure smoking weed. I'm like one, we both just have red eyes, especially when we're tired. And so when I saw that music video of Daisy, there were so many comments and they were like, oh, I knew she smoked weheed And I'm like, what is the obsession with Bachelor Nation and people smoking weed?
Speaker 2: We don't smoke weed. We're not against it, it's just not for us.
Speaker 1: I smoke weed like once a year, and every doesn't well that one time per a year. I'm always like I should never do this.
Speaker 2: Again, just panics and has to run home.
Speaker 1: I can't talk to anybody. I need to like vacate whatever area I'm in.
Speaker 3: And we're not anti weed, but it's like, what is your obsession with trying to like figure out that we smoke?
Speaker 2: You know, we don't, we don't, But.
Speaker 1: I can't find this stupid thing and it makes me very sad. I just want to say, your video of Dean.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, I don't like her video.
Speaker 1: Of Tom Arnold's, which I would have been very interested.
Speaker 4: Easton sent me a picture. I sent all of us a screenshot of what I look like. You look, I think it's on your phone. You look Jim helper On.
Speaker 1: Oh I do look like Jim helper Actually, you know you want to That was really loud. You want to who you look like? Is what's his name from Severance and Parks and Recreation, Adam Adam Scott?
Speaker 2: Is it Adam Scott?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh yeah, it's the hair. Yeah, it's the hair Adam and.
Speaker 2: Jim mixed together or John Krisinski.
Speaker 4: Jim because of the tie the show. Yeah, I would like to listen. It's a good look. It's a good look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've all got embarrassing skeletons in our closet. And you know what kind of stinks for Dawson's generation is He's going to have so many more embarrassing moments chronicled in the anals of time because everyone's got a known, everyone's got a camera. We like were maybe just like at sixteen is when they started.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering that too.
Speaker 1: The anals of history come on. That's a very common understanding of the word, and it's a fun one to say. We were just like as we were getting old enough to kind of start knowing better, that's when cameras became like super readily available for us. But with Dawson's age group and honestly probably in a little bit older, it's like so omnipresident, there's always going to be someone recording, which is like good in some ways, but I feel like there's gonna be a lot of backlash later on in life and just like embarrassing moments.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing with the like bringing back to Bachelor, the current contestants are so young, so they grew up with like iPhones, whereas we had we had laptop or desktop computers, and we were like at least not. It was making videos on on like the little camera setting is there. So that's why as Bachelor continues, we're going to keep seeing that more and more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't envy them, it's inevitable.
Speaker 1: How did you guys sleep? What times you get in? We got it ant like seven pms. We slept okay after our Mario Party session. We had nicely down beds on the way here. Shout out lutansa and yeah that's but yeah, we landed.
Speaker 3: We got immediately went to dinner and got pizza, pasta, wine, and then we came back and played Mario Party until midnight.
Speaker 1: Very nice. That sounds awesome.
Speaker 2: And we slept in pretty late.
Speaker 1: And Jared, you were just on vacation, weren't you while I was in Virginia. I don't want to call that a vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you call it a vacation?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. I love my in laws so much. I think we were talking about this on the podcast. Yeah, where it's like I love them so much, but it's just, you know, it's hard to stay there.
Speaker 1: It's hard.
Speaker 4: It's it's not difficult to stay there because of them, it's just more so like I missed my stuff, I missed my car, I missed my home, I missed my comfort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I feel you. One of my biggest x is when people are talking I just did this, when someone says also, I feel the same way as well. You don't need to say as well if you already said also, you're trying to.
Speaker 2: Say that, and you were like you have to get your thought out.
Speaker 1: So annoying to see people say that and I just said it. People say that people sometimes I see what they say or I hear what they do.
Speaker 4: Anyways, back to you, Jared, Sorry, we're not all as intelligent as Dean to be able to speak so elegantly.
Speaker 1: It's not even that, because I obviously don't. If you listen to even two minutes of any episode of this podcast, you would know very quickly that I am the biggest moron of all time. That's why I have to compensate by trying to at least get the you know, wording right in a sentence, which I don't often do. Anyways.
Speaker 4: Also, I enjoy it as well, Thank you, Virginia. Yeah, it was good. I got to go down there. We had a doctor's appointment. The appointment went well, everything looks good, healthy baby. So Ashley is doing well, like she's not sick anymore. She's like still she just kind of feels like crap.
Speaker 1: But you guys use Ashley's dad as your primary care physician. No, I don't think legally she can. I don't really know. Honestly, I don't think her dad is able to do that.
Speaker 2: But then you go to Virginia for her doctor's appointments.
Speaker 4: She loves fair Fact, so he works at Fairfax Hospital. Okay, she loves Fairfax Hospital. She's always been there. It's a great hospital, and she gave birth to Dawson there the first time. It was outstanding. So she wants to give birth to this baby as well down there. So we go down there once a month for appointments and then honestly, like probably middle to late probably well, she's due July twenty ninth, so probably early July.
Speaker 1: Like she's just going to be down there and I'll be bouncing back and forth.
Speaker 3: Couldn't you get like an airbnb since she's giving birth there, you stay there for like a month or two however long it takes to recover and then come home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could.
Speaker 4: It's just it's not going to make any sense for us to do an airbnb. I mean, especially if I'm bouncing back and forth. It's just so much easier if she's staying at her parents, her mom's there all the time, her sister's there all the time. Well, obviously her mom's there all the time she lived there, but then her sister's there all the time because she always goes home. And then it's like the comfort of her own house, her own bedroom. Dawson's comfortable there. Like, I get it that I just need to suck it up. It's totally fine.
Speaker 2: Maybe you just need to rent a car and that it'll fix a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the car is it's it's not. I just yeah, I hate barring their car. I could rent a car. It's also tough if you guys, know, when you're home, there's like projects to be done and things that, like there's always something to be done. And I'm the type of person where I just like need to go, go, go, go go, So like if I'm not at Audrey's, I'll be home and then I'm like, all right, I'm going to clean up the garage or get the basement set up, or like do this or clean that.
Speaker 1: Or whatever.
Speaker 4: So and then also at night it's like it's not like we're popping down and watching TV. It's like whatever here parent, you know, like no, no, no, whatever you guys want to watch?
Speaker 1: I can care less.
Speaker 4: So anyway, it's all good. It's all great things. It's nothing to complain about. But yeah, rental car maybe, but yeah, so probably beginning in July, Ashley is just gonna be you know, down there, and Dawson too, so then I'll be bouncing back and forth. I'll be down there primarily, but also obviously I have Audrey's. So we talked about it. I mean, it's really just came down to as long as she's comfortable with me leaving it going, you know, coming and going, because obviously I need to be here for Audrey's and I want to be here for Audres as well, but I need to be down there more, which she is. That's what it really came down to. So how long have been driving from Island to Virginia? Probably what like an hour or two?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, a flight and drive? Oh what are you an idiot? Yes, yes I am.
Speaker 4: It's like eight hours. It's eight hour drive. No way, Yeah, it's too far no, it sucks any If it was like four hours, I think I could do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's about what it is. From where we live to Vegas eight hours too far. But from where we live to the nearest international airport is about three and a half hours, not to not too bad, not too bad. You guys are three and a half hours from Denver. Yeah, three, three and a half, four, four and a half, five, fight and a half.
Speaker 2: It totally depends on the time of the day or yeah.
Speaker 4: This season, sure so yeah, So I'm your closest airport has a nice airport, very small, very small.
Speaker 1: It's only twenty minutes from my house. But it only flies regionally, and we can't fly from Aspen to Italy. I guess you could, but it'd just be way more. You fly Aspen to Denver, Denver to Frankfort, Frankfort.
Speaker 2: To Rome be a lot, and it's just not reliable.
Speaker 3: Like Aspen Airport, you just never know if flights are getting out on time.
Speaker 2: Denver is not super reliable. But I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Jared, Denver's reliable.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of delays. Knock on Denver, a lot of delays.
Speaker 3: After this baby is delivered, Why don't you guys like find a little townhouse and then rented out airbnb it, and then you could rent out buy a car.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like the Airbnb for cars. You were raving about it.
Speaker 1: Why don't guys just buy a whole new house, get a whole nother car, crazy, have a whole another life down in Virginia, just for the one actually gets.
Speaker 2: Your way back into Virginia.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Well, honestly, that's what we've been talking about, and I'm so for it. I'm very open to it. It really just depends on us getting a place that we feel comfortable with. The good thing about the place that we have right now is it's great, it's beautiful, it's I don't know if it's technically a townhouse or not, because we're connected to the house next to us, so it's just the two of us, and then every other house here is a single family home. So and it's big, you know, like it's it's probably this place is like twenty three hundred square feet twenty two twenty three I think, not including the basement, but like we could definitely move into a bigger house. But if my point being is if we stay here and we get another place that's a little bit smaller in Virginia. Like, we could do it, you know what I mean, we could have two places and be fine. And so I've told Ashley this a million times, but she's not down for it yet. I think once the second kid comes and she wants to be down to Virginia more, yeah, I think it will become more of a realistic possibility. I mean the thing that throws a wrench into it is Audrey's obviously, because I want to be here as much as possible to ensure that that place is going well.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. We'll see, we'll make it work. Yeah, why don't we just buy a house in Denver and then we'll just stay at that house every time we drive to Denver.
Speaker 2: Because my grandparents live there.
Speaker 1: And then we can just get a place in Los Angeles too, and then just stay the place.
Speaker 3: Sounds ideal in theory, But when we were living in Vegas and La it was it.
Speaker 2: Was chaos for me.
Speaker 1: Why was it chaos?
Speaker 3: I just felt like I had I just like couldn't. I don't know concisely think properly. I don't know how to explain it. It was just like my brain was half in Vegas. My brain was half in LA.
Speaker 1: For me, it was like, I'm like, well, if I'm in Vegas, or let's say I'm in Vegas for a week, I'm like, why why am I in Vegas for a week when we have a place in LA. And then I go to LA and I'm like, in LA for a week, I'm like, why the heck am I in LA for a week when I have a place in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: For me, it would have made sense if we could airbnb both. Yeah, when we're not there, but it's just hard when you live there and you have your stuff there.
Speaker 1: And it's and even now we've been traveling kind of a fair amount since we moving to Colorado, I'm like, why the heck am I traveling so much? When I have a house in Colorado or we have a house. I guess I've been very selfish in the sentence. I've been saying we have a house in LA or Colorado or Las Vegas or whatever. It just whenever I just feel like I need to be there more, especially if you own it. Like when we own that place in Vegas, I was like, we own it, we should just be there more often. And now that we have this house in Colorado, I'm like, we own it. We should literally just be spending ninety nine percent of our time there, but we don't. But we try to, but we can't. I don't know. I just feel guilty. I guess about it. So maybe Jared would feel differently about it, but that's just how I feel. Don't feel guilty.
Speaker 4: I won't know why, because one day, Dean, Kaylin, it's gonna be very sad.
Speaker 1: You're gonna die.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And one day I'm gonna die, And you know what, I don't think we're going to look back on our lives and be like, wow, I'm really glad. I felt so guilty about not spending more time at the house when we traveled, you know, like, who cares?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of getting to that point right now. I'm like, let's just do it. As long as we're able to do it, and we work hard and we figure it out, Let's just do it. Why are we feeling so self conscious about stupid that really doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Dean really needed to hear that because Dean is not wanted to travel lately. So it's true, when you die, you're gonna be like, Oh, really, wish I didn't take that trip to Italy I never.
Speaker 2: Or man, I wish I traveled less.
Speaker 1: Man. Kaylen really needed to hear that. Good job, Jared, Kaylen really needed to hear that A lot of a lot of a lot of talk for me coming from that side of the bedroom over there. Ah, you're right, you're right. We were talking to your grandparents about this just the other day. I feel like I've gotten to be so much more of a homebody than I've been. But also like, now that we live in Colorado, I want to be a homebody. I we live there because we love it there, and I love it there. And I used to say when I worked at the hotel and Aspen when I was in college, I would say, my life is your vacation, Like people go to Aspen to vacation, because people go to Vegas to vacation as well, but it's like, we live there and so we got to spend every day of our lives as if we're on vacation in the mountains.
Speaker 3: I agree, I've never felt more at home or at peace than I do when we're at our house and in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice, Yeah, nice, Bolence, But I love Italy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Italy is pretty great. Jared, you were here recently for your honeymoon. Where should we go? Do you have any recommendations for us? We didn't go to Rome.
Speaker 4: We were in southern Italy, so we were in a Malfi Malfi, thank you, Malfy coast, So I have no recommendations. I haven't been to Rome in like fourteen fifteen years. Holy s, I can't believe I'm that old. You get an old man, Yeah, because I came here and I went there in like two thousand nine than ten something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just graduate in high school. Rome is nice. It's just very crowded.
Speaker 2: It's crowded.
Speaker 3: So I plan this trip and I planned two nights here and I figured that would be enough. And we just explored a little bit today and it feels enough to me.
Speaker 1: I think you needed to hear that, Kaitlin. I agree that it's.
Speaker 3: But a very New York city, Like it's so New York City. It's like the Italian New York City. I keep thinking that, and I haven't said that out loud, but I really do feel that. I also grew up obsessing over Lis Maguire. So my life's dream I was a kid was to come to Rome and live out everything that she did. And now that I've seen the Chervy Fountain and I've seen the thousands of people surrounding it, I'm like, Okay, cool, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think it really holds a candle to New York. New York is so crowded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're also downe off season, so it's crowded but not that bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My point with the New York comparison was that because there's a subway system in Rome, and then I felt like everybody was speaking English because it's such a touristy place, I didn't feel like I was in Italy. I just felt like I was like when I'm when I was in Venice or when you know we're down in AMALFI like, I'm like, oh, we're in Italy to try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like a tourist.
Speaker 4: But when I was in Rome, it just felt very like Americanized, which is great because it made everything easy and everybody speaking speaks English and it's just you know, it's it's catered to tourism, which as it well should be. But my point being was like I never felt like, oh, like, I'm in a foreign land.
Speaker 1: What was I going. Have you guys seen the Colosseum we're by yesterday, No we didn't.
Speaker 3: We're going to go tonight or tomorrow. We're probably gonna go for sunrise and try to beat the crowds.
Speaker 1: That's what I remember most because I was in. I was in.
Speaker 4: I was very much in awe. The Colosseum is quite uh, the spectacle. It is very very cool to be there, and it.
Speaker 1: Has it has a vibe to it. I mean, I've been to room.
Speaker 2: Before once for six hours.
Speaker 1: So I've been here before and I've seen the Colosseum. It's beauty. It's great. It's beautiful. I love the sculptures, all the marble and rock and sculptures and stuff like that. Also and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's seen it.
Speaker 3: It's it's interesting coming to a place like this because we always Dean is always Dean knows a lot of Spanish, and I feel like we're in a lot of Spanish speaking countries.
Speaker 1: So good at Spanish.
Speaker 3: He's so good at Spanish. And now I'm leading the way. I know very little Italian and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like trying my best.
Speaker 1: You know so much Italian.
Speaker 2: I know, like, how are you you know.
Speaker 1: As much Italian as.
Speaker 2: I ask you?
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't know that much. But it's interesting where I'm having to take the lead a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, it's great for your growth as an individual. I think it's nice to be able to like hand the reins over and be like, hey, I'm just a guest along for the ride, and and you're great at it, but you still second guess yourself too often. You need to be like, this is where we're going, this is what we're doing. That's what I want. I want to I want a wife. It's gonna take charge. Yeah, which is which you know. It's great that you're practicing and getting better at it.
Speaker 2: I'm doing my best.
Speaker 3: Also, we ran into a Frenchman yesterday and I always called you out and I'm like, oh, you speak Spanish? Do you know so much Spanish? And so last nineteen was like, my wife speaks French. You should have a conversation with her in French. And I was like, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: And then we immediately got up from the table in the middle of our meal and left because Caitlyn felt so uncomfortable. I said, have you been using bab I have been using babbel.
Speaker 2: Wait I used babbel in the Spanish.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, Babble's great, so good. I mean, obviously we get paid to say that separately on our social media, but it is.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't bring it up if we didn't actually love it.
Speaker 1: It is a good, It is a good. It's a good language learning platform.
Speaker 3: I learned a lot of my Italian and French from Babbel.
Speaker 1: I just need to move to a Spanish speaking country for a year, and after that year, I'll be able to speak Spanish. So I'll see you in a year and by the time you see me again, I'll be oblowing Espanol all over the place and you're not even gonna know.
Speaker 4: I like how Dean within the five minutes said I'm such a homebody. I just don't want to leave home, and then five minutes later, I just need to move to a Spanish speaking entistry of the house and then I'll move back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once Alistair dies, I'm move into somewhere that speaks Spanish. Oh, poor Alistair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that'll be in ten years. Though.
Speaker 1: He's lively, Yeah, he's a lively little pup.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's going to do it. For this week's episode of Suckers, this has been rubier.
Speaker 2: This has been bubble gum.
Speaker 1: This has been double bubble. Maybe tune in next week where we suggest a little bit less
Speaker 2: M hm