Speaker 1: I'm Tari's Mexi and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insider's podcast.
Speaker 2: This podcast is part of the seventy six Ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 1: Search seventy six Ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation Law Firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site Sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance company's bell.
Speaker 2: The Great Kate Scott joining us on Sixers in sixty Voice of the Philadelphia seventy six Ers and Kate of course. Just past the midpoint of this season, long a five game road trip, the team severely shorthanded struggling thus far in terms of wins and losses, but we're learning things. What have you learned about the team on the trip so far?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're learning that Pat Bev is playing like a rookie out of Arkansas. We're learning that when Paul Reid gets as many minutes as I'm sure every NBA player would like to get, he can step up and show out. I think it's been great to see. You know, Nick mention it before the game in Portland. He was hoping actually to get Kelly some more minutes on this road trip to try to help him refine that rhythm that we all saw at the beginning of the season because he was such a key piece of the Sixers fantastic start. I know it's easy for us all to forget because it's been a number of months now, but Kelly has looked good the last couple of games despite the end results. So now it's how do you take those individual efforts and put them into what really matters, which is getting back into the win column, hopefully before we get back home to Philly.
Speaker 2: And we got to talk about the team performance in the Denver game, right, that's a day where you think you're at least going to have the defending MVP in Joel Embiid, and the guys find out, just as we did twenty twenty five minutes before the game, that they'd be on their own. Paul Reid was going to have to step in in a very big way against a very good, if not one of the best big men to ever play the game. And Nikola jokicin did a really good job.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So, when you think back.
Speaker 2: To that Denver game, the spirit that they showed, the collective effort, the leadership from Pat Beverly, what are you gonna remember most about about that contest?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of those things. I mean, this is the defending NBA champion. You're playing them on their home floor on national television. This is a huge game, and you find out I don't even think it was twenty five before. I think it was fifteen before the game. You know, Joe wanted to go, but the training staff said, Joe, April, May and June is what matters. We have to hold you out. And somehow, despite all that adversity, these guys figured out a way to come out and they got punched in the mouth. I mean, Jamal Murray hit three quick threes, and they did not let them knock them off their rhythm or their focus and their fight. And I think that the thing the Sixers need to do somehow is to flush this Portland game and figure out a way to get back to that because they showed everybody in the NBA, not just themselves, they showed everybody something that day with the performances as you mentioned of Paul of Marcus Morrisenior Kelly had a great first half, and all the guys coming off the bench too. Daniel House made some big place for Concork.
Speaker 5: Bond's hit a.
Speaker 3: Huge three in the fourth quarter to keep that game closed. So again we talked about it earlier in the season. It's easy to forget because the Sixers have dropped a few now, but this is a really deep team, and when they have a couple of the best players in the NBA, the All Star starter in Joel Embiid and hopefully an All Star reserve and Tyreese Maxi back, and again Debias was still he was off in Portland because he was just coming back and he's been really sick.
Speaker 5: So once those.
Speaker 3: Guys come back, we have to remember the depth that these guys are providing and hopefully they can find a way to get something positive going at the end this road trip as we head back home to Philly.
Speaker 2: Lauren ros In back with the voice of the seventy six Ers Kate Scott on Sixers and sixty and the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast. You mentioned Joel Embiid, Tyres Maxey, Tobias Harris, Kelly Uber said something interesting prior to the Portland game. What's it like to try to cover for eighty points as a unit? Well, you mentioned Joel Embiid wanted to go against Denver, Tyres Maxie also wanted to go against Denver dealing with that ankle sprain. But because we haven't chatted with you in a while on this platform, what's it been like to watch Tyres Maxie's first All Star season?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, kid man, I understand why he wasn't an All Star starter, but I was really hoping that he would somehow shoot off the voting in the last couple of days. But as he has said about his partner in crime, Joel emb this year, that we can't take this for granted and that we have to enjoy the incredible things that he is making look normal day. I think we can say the same thing about our twenty three year old Tyres MAXI some of his circus shots, the way he just levitates in the air, the maximum matrix as I've taken it to Colin. Then, I know you kids don't know what that means, but I know you old heads are not on your head and saying, oh, yeah, he's got a little Keanu in him. But the leap he is taking this year is just the beginning. And I know we thought last year is just the beginning, but this is truly just the beginning of what I hope will be a long and extremely successful career for Tyres, not just in the NBA, but also in Philly.
Speaker 2: Road trip now shifting to the Bay Area. You a Bay Area girl yourself, So let's talk personal for a second. Yeah, it's not your first time returning to the Bay as the voice of the seventy six ers. But how does it feel to go back into that building among.
Speaker 5: Those people, be in those streets.
Speaker 2: What's it like to return for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really special. Yeah, last year was my first first time back and it was more emotional than I could have imagined, which makes sense if you're a faster processer than me.
Speaker 5: I'm really slow.
Speaker 3: I would have realized, hey, you're seeing the people that helped you get to where you are. You spent twenty years here in the Bay. You wouldn't be in Philly without all the jobs you worked and the things you learned and the people that you met, people who challenged you and critiqued you and helped you get to the point.
Speaker 2: You are now.
Speaker 5: But I didn't realize that.
Speaker 3: So last year was it was a lot, It was overwhelming. So I'm really looking forward to being back this year because one we don't have the game.
Speaker 5: It's a national exclusive.
Speaker 2: You get to be a Sixers fan, So I get to be a Sixers fan.
Speaker 5: I already have my Sixers that he picked out.
Speaker 3: I'm taking my best friend of the game, and I get to see a lot of folks during the game without that pressure of it's great to see you all, but I need to, you know, be prepping, And it's going to be great to get to again see those people and look them in the eyes and say thank you for helping me get here, because I don't I don't know if people who don't work in this industry realize how many people help you get to where you are, and that is camera operators and stage managers and statisticians like yeah, Alla and I are the ones on the radio or on the television. You and Matt Murphy and Tom mcguinnis. You know, people see the voices and the faces of a team, but there's so many people behind the scenes who I've worked with since I was twenty one years old and now you're girls forty, so it's been a while. I've gotten to know a lot of people. So I'm very excited to get back and very excited to see how again this underman Sixers team can do against a Warrior's team that isn't the same team they were for the decade I was covering the Warriors in the Bay Area, so I'm excited to see how the Sixers can maybe punch back in the Bay.
Speaker 2: You mentioned Pat Beverley playing like his younger self on this road trip, Steph Curry. You mentioned the Warriors not exactly what they once were, but Steph Curry looking just as he once did, averaging over twenty seven points a game.
Speaker 5: And Here's where I'm going with this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Scott, thanks for bearing with me joined us on this show last week, and he said that Tyrese Maxie reminds him of a young Steph Curry, not just with the scoring, not just with the assists, with his attitude, with his work ethic, with his baby faced assassin ability. So you've covered Steph Curry, You've now covered Tyrese Maxey.
Speaker 5: Do you see what Rico Heines sees?
Speaker 3: I mean, you and I have been talking about this behind the scenes for a couple of years, but I haven't wanted to bring it to the airwaves because I haven't wanted to put any pressure on Tyree's right soon, but.
Speaker 2: Only because they will be in the same building, whether or not, of course Tyres is able to suit up. What do you see commonality wise between the two of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, and that was a great interview with Rico, by the way, miss Rosen, and I think I think mister Hines was spot on because there are so many similarities, not just with as you mentioned, the way he plays on the floor, but there is such joy that both of them carry themselves with the way that Tyree has immersed himself in the community in Philly and in Kentucky and in South Garland, Texas, the way that he realizes the platform he has already at such a young age, with which a lot of players don't do, which Steph did in the Bay. And also people forget because Steph is now an on teenth time All Star and he's at the tail end of his career. They forget that it took him a while to get going, he was dealing with ankle injuries. Should we keep Monte Ellis, should we keep Stephan Curry? All the stuff that tyres has had to do with the first few years. So that is yet another reason that I am seeing some parallels between them. So yeah, I hope we get to see tyresee But even if we don't at Golden State, the future is very bright for him because a lot of shades of Stephan Curry.
Speaker 2: In my eyes, the future bright indeed for Tyrese Maxi, but also for you, Kate Scott. We're so lucky and blessed to have you. I'm blessed to call you a friends.
Speaker 3: Here's the twenty but great to be on with you tonight, Go Sixers, Thanks Kate.
Speaker 1: A homecoming for Kate Scott, Thanks to Kate. Thanks to Lauren Rosen. Welcome back. This is Sixers in sixty Matt Murphy with former seventy six er Nick Stauskiss. Good stuff there. The Sixers not only play the Warriors on the road, but they also host the Warriors in the not so distant future, not this coming Wednesday, the thirty first, but the following Wednesday in Philadelphia, the third of a three game homestand after this season long five game road trip for the currently twenty nine and sixteen Philadelphia seventy six Ers. Now Nick, we started to get into the All Star conversation in the first segment, which I think can be continued here because Tyrese Maxi remains out with this ankle injury for the Sixers, but the head coaches will soon their votes will soon be revealed, and the All Star reserves, seven for each conference will be announced. Maxi was pushing the trying to be a starter, but Haliburton and Dame Ian Lillard will start in the East. So we went through our reserves, which for all of us in the first segment included Tyrese Maxi to make his first All Star appearance the All Star weekend the sixteenth through the eighteenth in Indianapolis. The game on Sunday February eighteenth. But just for anyone who missed it, give your seven reserves for the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 4: I have Maxi Brunson, Trey Young, Donovan Mitchell, Jalen Brown, Jimmy Butler, and Julius Randall those are my See you.
Speaker 1: Went guard heavy. The competition among the guards in the East was thick. We've been talking about this on Sixers and sixty which for anyone out there who is new Tuesday nights on the Fanatic ninety seventy five The Fanatics six pm to seven pm. Now next show will actually be Monday because of a Flyers game on Tuesday. It'll be before the Sixers Mavericks game live from the Wells Fargo Center, but typically Tuesday night. And you can also hear interviews like the one between Lauren and Kate Scott on the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast. But we've been talking for weeks, if not multiple months now about Maxie and which guards he could possibly beat out. Now, Damian Lillard made the starting lineup for the East despite not ranking in the top two among guards in any of the three categories. And for anyone who doesn't know, it's the fan vote is fifty percent, and then of the starting lineup, and then twenty five percent media members and twenty five percent players. What do you think it says that Tyrese Maxi finished second in the player vote.
Speaker 5: It just shows the amount of respect that he has league wide.
Speaker 4: And those are the guys that are competing against him on a night to night basis. Those are the guys that are getting fifty balls put on their head from Maxi. So they've seen it firsthand how talented he is. They've seen it firsthand, the work ethic, the drive, they've seen the leadership growth, They've seen all those things, and that's why he receives those votes. Now, you know, Damian Damian Lillard. At the end of the day, let's let's not get it twisted. The guy is a Hall of Famer. He's an incredible basketball player. To this day, He's probably the best player that I've ever played with. He's unbelievable. But if we're talking about just this season, who is more deserving I would I would go with Maxie. You know, I just think he's having a spectacular season. But you know, like we said, it's a very competitive landscape for the Eastern guards, and so no matter which way you slice it, someone's going to be feeling like they're left out.
Speaker 1: Tyres Maxie here on January thirtieth, is averaging twenty five point seven points per game, which is fifteenth in the NBA. Joel Embiid is averaging thirty six points, which continues to lead the entire NBA. He's one coming off multiple score titles in addition to the MVP Award. But Embid with thirty six eleven and six nearly six assists per game, Maxi with twenty five point seven points, ranking fifteenth in the league, which is better than Dame just looking at the raw scoring number twenty five point one points for Dame. Both of those guards play with other worldly players in Embiid and Yiannis. But Dame is an All Star starter in the Eastern Conference and Nick Stauskas you mentioned playing with him. So in Portland. Milwaukee will go to Portland this week. They actually play a day from now as we speak, and it's Dame's first game back in Portland. What do you expect that to be?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: I expect a big tribute and I would like to think of very warm welcome from the fans. I know, maybe things didn't quite end the way he wanted it to and maybe the way the fans wanted it to. But the impact that he's had on that city and that organization is undeniable. And you just look back at the performances that he had in big games, the game winners and the playoffs, regular season, growing, you know, coming from a kid to growing into a man raising his family there, I think it'll be nothing but love, and I think it'll be an emotional game for Damien, to say the least.
Speaker 5: But sure, at the end of the day, all he's going to want to do is win the game.
Speaker 4: You know, he's a competitive dude, and he's going to want to go out there and and and win. So I'm looking forward to seeing what that game looks like.
Speaker 1: Continuing our all start discussion here for a little we're also going to get into some trivia later on, which I've been telling you that we're going to work some NBA trivia in and I think you've got a knack for it, not just because you played, but you're a fan of the game. You're you're online, you see these stats posted all the time. I think you'll fare pretty well. We've got all types of categories coming up to it's the end of the show, but just to reiterate some of this All Star stuff, so the reserves will be the first of February on Thursday, as chosen by the head coaches. In between that and the All Star weekend is the NBA trade deadline on Thursday, February eighth, and then the starting lineup includes the two Bucks, Damian Lillard and Giannasidita Kumbo with the hometown player Tyrese hallibur and the Pacers are the All Star host, Jason Tatum and Joel Embiid. So Embiid starts in the East. Quick side note is they went back to East West and not the draft, which I like. The draft was like a made for TV type thing. There are captains still the leading vote getters by the fans, I'm assuming, but it's East versus West again. And I know they'll never do this because they make money off of the different uniforms. But I loved when the teams the players got to wear their home or away colored team uniform.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: You're talking about early two thousand's back when you know AI was wearing the Sixers jersey, Vince Carter was wearing the Raptors jersey. T Mac was out there with the the you know, the retro magic jersey.
Speaker 5: Those were those are some good days.
Speaker 4: And that was back when the All Star Game was a show but also quite competitive and you would maybe see a little bit more highlights in the first quarter, second quarter, but the majority of that second half was guys really competing and going head to head. And I think that's what the fans have missed most about the All Star Game in recent years.
Speaker 5: Not that it's not entertaining.
Speaker 4: I think it still is very entertaining, but you want to see some sort of competitiveness at the end of the day. And I think the league's getting creative. They've tried to do a bunch of different things, but I think I don't know what the real answer is at the end of the day.
Speaker 5: You know, we talked about it off the air.
Speaker 4: You can't really throw money at them to make it more competitive.
Speaker 1: Well, or the end season tournament, yeah, but beg to differ.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the nd season tournament is different because you're a lot of guys that's life changing money. But for a lot of these All Stars, if you say, hey, winning team or like winning team gets five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are the highest paid guys.
Speaker 4: Those guys are making forty million per year. That's not really even a huge dent in their in their in their bank account.
Speaker 5: So I don't know. It's a tough one.
Speaker 1: Make the winning conference have home court in the NBA.
Speaker 5: Finals, so we're going to MLB here.
Speaker 1: You're not a fan, it's too much. You think that sort of discredits the whole body of work from the entire season. But it would make for a better game.
Speaker 4: It would make for a better game, but it would definitely be unfair to a team like the Warriors in twenty sixteen when they which year was it? What they were in seventy three games? And then if the East wins, you're kind of like, oh, that's tough luck.
Speaker 5: Tough luck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it could make it competitive but also a little bit unfair to team.
Speaker 5: So I'm sure they're I'm sure they're.
Speaker 4: Adam Silver does a great job of getting creative with things, so I'm sure they're continuing to evaluate their options with making it the most entertaining game possible.
Speaker 1: You know what else it would do. It would have the head coaches spending a lot more time on these reserve picks because right, every team is different, whether how much time the head coach is spending on or if he's delegating it to someone else on his staff to make these selections. But if home court was on the line for the NBA Finals for your conference, they would be scouring over the film and the lineup possibilities. And that's where like other team type of players like a Drew Holliday we were discussing earlier a little bit comes in would come into play a little bit more. It is speaking of Adam Silver back to the classic format. He came out basically in the fall and said, we're going back to the basics. In Indiana's like this basketball state, that's the host city. We're going to pick the teams. We're going to run four twelve minute quarters instead of doing the elam ending type stuff and the and the target scores and right, all that type of thing. But does that make the basketball inherently better? I don't, because the incentive is not necessarily there.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think we'll see much different than the alley oops and the long threes that were traditionally used to right.
Speaker 4: And I think at the end of the day, they implemented all these you know, real changes and target scores, and I think maybe for some fans I could have been confusing, or you know, if they weren't following.
Speaker 5: They turn on the game and they go, oh, you know, what's going.
Speaker 4: On with this target score? And I think maybe there's some confusion from the fans from that perspective. So I am a fan of seeing the game return to a traditional format.
Speaker 1: The more we talk about what the fans would want and make for the best product, the more I regret leaving Trey Young off.
Speaker 4: Ooh, okay, solid, let me hear this list, because I just said, put some respect on Trey Young.
Speaker 1: You came out of the gates pro Trey Young was the first player, and of course we're how I couched all of this for tonight's show was Tyrese Maxey has to be in there. He has to represent the seventy six ers alongside Joel Embiid. We will find out in a few short days. Hopefully nothing crazy happens and the coaches don't make a mistake and leave Tyrese Maxey out of the All Star Game. But other than Tyrese Maxey, you were quick to the tray Young, and the selections will be two backcourt players, three front court players, and two wild card picks regardless of position. Jalen Brunson had a strong case, as strong of a case as anyone to be in as a guard. He and Tyrese Maxey are my immediate backcourt picks. Three front court players. I went with multiple Celtics, just like we talked about in the last segment. I have Jalen Brown, Kristaps Porzingis, and I picked Julius Randall who's out with a shoulder injury, so if he needs a replacement, Paolo Bancaro, from a fan perspective, to me, fits that star power, rising star, social media age, catching these lobs. He has Team USA experience already. I know the Magic have faded a little bit, but I went with Palo as like a definitely in front court player if Randall's out. Donovan Mitchell made it as a wild card for me, essentially over Trey Young. Between Donovan Mitchell and Trey Young, I went Donovan Mitchell, but I could be could be swayed, and also we have no power in this, so it's gonna be whatever the coaches do. But do the coaches end up picking a Trey Young over over at Donovan Mitchell because it seems like Brunson and Maxi would be no brainers for the NBA head coaches based on what they've done to their teams this year's been in and out of the lineup. Trey Young is a polarizing player with drawing the foul calls and stuff that might rub some coaches right the wrong way. So if you think about who's picking, it comes down to I don't know if both of them get in, like your scenario, because there are so many other wild card players to consider here. I have Pascal Siakam in the conversation Bam at a bio in the con Did you have Bam?
Speaker 5: I did not have Bam, but I had Jimmy. I had Jimmy Butler in there.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Butler mckel Bridges, Yeah, could make a case. Scottie Barnes in Toronto is probably further down the list. But Trey Young versus Mitchell could come down to one or the other. I don't Maybe they both get in and it's a super guard heavy Eastern Conference, but I had Young out and I had Donovan Mitchell and Patlow. If Randall's in as the other wild card or Pascal Siakam, if Julius Randall's out.
Speaker 4: If Trey Young does not make the All Star Game, I would love to know if there's ever been a player to average twenty seven and eleven and not make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good question, but it's it's not all about stat but the All Star Game that's so high scoring that that's such a strong argument for him diving people up and scoring so much. But we shall see. And bottom line is Sixers fans everywhere would riot if Tyrese Maxi, and really NBA fans everywhere would be very upset if Tyrese Maxie has not included Matt Murphy and Nick stauskis the NBA veteran here on Sixers in sixty. We've got a little bit more time here again. The All Star Game the eighteenth, but the voting comes out on February, The coach voting comes out on February first, the trade deadline in between on February eighth. The upcoming Sixer schedule for the twenty nine and sixteen third place Sixers, who are fifth in offense, seventh in defense. Nick It's Golden State in Utah and then it's Brooklyn at home, the tip off three straight games at home. They also play Luca soon in between playing Golden State again. So Brooklyn Dallas, Golden State at home after this road trip. But the road trip doesn't get any easier with what's facing them. So the key is to just get one and then at least one to get back in the win column. They've lost three straight.
Speaker 5: Right you want to, I think you got.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously you try to win every single night, but winning both of these games to finish out the road trip against Golden State and Utah would be huge, just because it does feel like the teams slumping a little bit and have been bogged down by injuries. But Golden State never an easy place to get a win, and so at Utah as well. They got a great fan base. Place gets pretty loud. They're a middle of the pack team right now, but obviously with the Sixers being shorthanded, I feel like they are they will have to fight and claw their way through the end of this road trip. The Golden State team right now, though, when I look at them, you know, on a game to game basis, I they're still capable, but it's just not the same anymore. And it's it really comes down to the Splash bros. Like they on any game, they could both go for thirty five forty, but they just can't carry the same offensive load that they did four or five years going.
Speaker 5: And that's okay.
Speaker 4: You know, they're getting older and like Clay's had a number of different injuries, but they you know, you take away Jordan Poole from that team, and you know, Wiggins hasn't quite been the same this year. They just lack the scoring, in depth and firepower to really dismantle teams the way they used to. And so you know, if you're the Sixers, I think you've got to try to take advantage of that. And it's not an easy task, but got to get one of those wins.
Speaker 1: Here's my own trivia question related to Golden State before I have some pre prepared trivia questions from other outlets. How many threes do you think Steph Curry, who leads the NBA, has made in forty appearances.
Speaker 4: My guess would be, I'm gonna guess that he averages like three and a half. Tom I'm gonna guess he averages four makes per game. So I'm gonna say once one.
Speaker 5: There'll be one six, one fifty six.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say so, Luka, Doncic is second in the NBA with one fifty five. Ooh, Steph Curry has one hundred and eighty seven, my goodness, in forty games.
Speaker 4: It's again like you watch the game against the Lakers, the double, the double overtime game on over the weekend, and he still has it. He could still do it better than anyone, but it's just not the same as it was six years ago, back when they were a seventy three win team. He just can't carry that same offensive load night in night out. And same with Clay. You know, he's still a great shooter. They just they've been they've been playing too many games over too long of a period. And again, that's kind of what makes you respect the guy like Lebron at the end of the day is the longevity and being able to hold up that level of play for such.
Speaker 5: A long time. It's not easy.
Speaker 1: Sixers stats wise, outside of the EMBIID and MAXI stats that I gave earlier, they've been steadily near the top in some of these defensive categories even to this point. I mean every week I look for these to change, and they really don't. They've they've been first or second or in blocks. They've actually risen to fourth per game in blocks as a team, but credit the Sixers defense. They've fallen to seventh in rating. But there's they're fourth in blocks per game at six. They still lead in steals per game just under nine a game, and they got surpassed by Oklahoma City and deflections the Sixers right now sixteen point one deflections per game. They're point one behind the Oklahoma City Thunders. So getting Melton back at any point will be huge because he's a one point six steal per game guy for the Sixers defense.
Speaker 5: Right they've been missing him and that's the.
Speaker 1: One that gets left behind because it's like embiid. Obviously now Max he's been out for a couple with the ankle, but Melton has missed double digit games now in a row.
Speaker 4: Right he's and that's one of those ones where with the with the back, you gotta get it one hundred percent before you start trying to fight through it, because that's one of the ones that'll continue to linger. And better for him to miss the games now and get one hundred percent healthy rather than try to fight through it, but his presence is missed. And from the start of the season I've been saying he's an X factor for this team. He's one of the guys I've been looking for to break through on the offensive end. You know, the numbers haven't quite been what I've wanted them to be, but on the defensive end, like you said, with the steals, the deflections, we know what he brings to the table.
Speaker 1: And he was at thirty six percent for three career thirty seven percent. They as a team, they've really struggled in the last five games from three point range, but it could just be a lull for them in the long season and they could be back on track before we know it. Matt Murphy and NBA VET Sixers vet Nick stauskis winding down this week on Sixers in sixty. We'll have Lauren Rosen back with us again next week again a special Monday show before the Sixers Mavericks game, live from the Wells Fargo Center. But as promised, our trivia courtesy of Basketball Reference Nick and let's see, I haven't looked at these yet, but they do trivia Tuesdays on Instagram. First question, how many thirty plus point per game seasons. Did Michael Jordan have A six, B seven, C eight or D nine.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with nine.
Speaker 1: It is eight seasons.
Speaker 4: You forget that he really didn't play. How many seasons total did he end up playing it? Because of the breaks in between and the retirements, it's not as many as you think it it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like eighty five to three, but I would have to count the individual seasons. I don't know if it's exactly. I think it's fifteen. Maybe it appears to be.
Speaker 4: It feels like he played longer than he actually did because of those breaks, But I guess eight out of fifteen years isn't bad, especially a couple of those being with the Wizards when he was in that later stage of his career.
Speaker 1: Wilt had seven thirty point per game seasons. Oscar Robertson six, Alan Iverson tied with four with a few others.
Speaker 5: And Joe. Where's Joel on this list? Joel has now had three?
Speaker 1: It'll be would this be his third?
Speaker 5: This will be? I think this would be his third straight.
Speaker 4: But with thirty six, it's definitely unreal, and it seems like he could still do this for a couple more years.
Speaker 5: That's the best part about it.
Speaker 1: All right, final minute to do the last two to squeeze these in which Yukon player has the most career NBA points A Kemba Walker, B Ray Allen, CE, Rudy Gay or D Clifford Robinson. I'm going Ray Allen correct twenty four thousand, five hundred and five. And then finally, who has the most career points against the Nets? A Lebron James, B Michael Jordans, C. Dominique Wilkins or D Larry Bird.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go Lebron James just because it's incorrect.
Speaker 1: Michael Jordan, thanks for playing nexstascas a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: You one for three, Yeah, one for three. I guess I'm got Ray Allen. I guess I'm not as good as I thought I will. You can bounce back next time, all right.
Speaker 1: For Lauren Roseen, Kate Scott, Nickstauskas, I'm Matt Murphy. Thank you for listening.