Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can buy your allegedly and my Voice mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right. Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and.
Speaker 2: Your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welcome to Reality to King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience.
Speaker 1: Twice a week on Reality with the Kings, we'll sit.
Speaker 2: Down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Hey, rain Drops.
Speaker 2: On today's episode of Reality with the King, he is back. Look, I'm being very honest. I kept thinking to myself, Carlos, just recap this episode solo. It's fine, just do it, and I'm like, no, I think I owe it to the rain drops for the season premiere season nine. Wait, not nine, that's Potomac. It's like season like fourteen or something. Premiere Season fourteen premiere of the Real housebotsor Beverley Hills, and every time we're together we have so much fun.
Speaker 1: And I know you guys love him.
Speaker 2: I do too, but give it up a Daily Mayor reporter and I guess my co host, Jock Peters, thanks for.
Speaker 3: Leving me back. You're lucky that I have my life and that I am available at the top of the half to you, so thank you.
Speaker 2: Well that makes them both of us right, Because he said I could do it that five forty five la time. I'm like, well, that's like a forty five my time, and I'm not doing anything else, but so let's.
Speaker 1: Just do it.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate you so much. I don't know if I appreciate you as much as I do.
Speaker 1: Dereed. Let's get right into it.
Speaker 3: She's activated.
Speaker 1: The bitch is back. The bitch is back.
Speaker 2: I am so proud of her because Jock, you and I never talked about this in terms of like together on a podcast. We tweeted about this. Social media ruined Dereed. When she first came on the show her first two seasons, she was funny, a brace up, you know, confrontational said However, she felt she wasn't trying to, you know, be anything by herself, and social media handed her ass to them, and I always felt like she's giving us great TV, she's being authentic. And then for like the past five seasons she coasted and I was like, girl, you gotta go, honey, honey, this episode belonged to dri and I think this season belongs to her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Like I knew that she was activated because I had already heard through the grapevine that we're getting old school, like season one to eat Back, but this is like season one to eat on steroids, like through the gate, coming in hot. It's almost like it's not too much. But I think with someone else you might be like, is she acting? Like is this fake? But it's like we need it so much on this show because so many people on Beverly Hills are afraid to like really go there. And she's just like, fuck this, like this is like no holds bard uncensored. I'm going in. I don't give a fuck who you are. And it was incredible.
Speaker 2: Oh I And in the words of Lisa Barlowe, I'm shaking.
Speaker 1: I'm physically shaking. I also have five lawyers, Lisa Barla, but I'm not calling them for this one.
Speaker 2: But I am shaking right, I was so listen. I'm a huge Corbridges fan. I am a Kyle Richer stand and she is my number one favorite housewife in terms of because I gotta be very clear of who I did not work with. Okay, of all the girls I never worked with, Kyle Richard is my favorite. So I'm a huge Kyle fan. Look, Dereet owned this episode, and she owned Kyle, and Deree was sending Kyle a strong message. I'm not going to play second fiddle to you this season, and I'm not protecting you either. I need this job. My husband and I are separated. But let's talk about the first scene her and Erica Jane. Of all people og Beverly Hills Housewives viewers know that those two did not get along when Dree got on the show.
Speaker 1: There was pantygaate, p K and Derie.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the fact that Erica Jane was wearing a dress with no panties. They could see her her woo woo, and they just they were at odds. And not only that, Durit made Erica cry on the boat in Amsterdam, like this is what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Like DERI was that girl. So to see these two.
Speaker 2: Former like frenemies break bread and talk about her separation dagged me.
Speaker 3: Well. I think they're both kind of similar in that, for the most part, they don't go after people like they react to people. But I don't think they I don't think they're unnecessarily mean, Like even when everyone was like Eric is so horrible, like she was reacting to people like Sutton and Garsel, like poking into her legal issues. And I never think that darit really ever like comes for anybody in a mean spirited way. Sometimes she'll put her foot in her mouth. So I think they're both kind of and they're both like they have a lot of similarities, and they both love fashion, and they both have dated older, wealthy men, and I'm not surprised that they're connecting. And also they're on a show where Kyle Richards is the queen Bee, and they're never going to be the queen Bee. So I think Erica, looking at the issues that Deret and Kyle is having, can empathize with Deret a lot, because I think it's tough to be on a show where you're not the queen Bee, and there's a certain level of having to tiptoe around that queen to like keep your job and not push it like too far with them, you know.
Speaker 1: Totally and listen.
Speaker 2: Crystal on the former Housewive chrystalman Cough recently told Cynthia Bailly on their new.
Speaker 1: Podcast that they have together that she was told.
Speaker 2: She never said if it was a producer or a cast member, but Crystal alleged that she was told, this is Kyle Richard's show and that's just what it is. Do you believe that that's sort of like the unspoken thing that the cast and producers know, like this show is Kyle and we have to all operate under that knowledge.
Speaker 3: Yes, But I do want to add that I don't think that Kyle is like some of the other queen Bees from other franchises. And I don't think she's like Lisa vander Pump where it's like if you cross her, she's going to try and like get you off the show. I don't think she's like vindictive like that. I don't think she has an ego that's on the level of a sorry, I know that you're girls, but a Teresa and Nannini. I don't think. I don't think she operates like I don't think she operates like that, but it is like there's a hierarchy, Like anytime you even go into just a workplace, if there's someone that's been in that workplace for a you know, a lot longer than you, there is a kind of like respect that you show them. So I think it's more like that.
Speaker 2: So, as you were watching the scene between Dear and Erica.
Speaker 1: Maybe I read too much into it.
Speaker 2: I felt like or read's intention in this episode from every scene, starting with her telling Erica Jane about her separation first and said.
Speaker 1: Don't tell anybody. I felt like Derey was giving the big middle finger.
Speaker 2: To Kyle this entire episode, from the revelation of her separation to PK that I want to really really get back to, but also going to Kathy Hilton's.
Speaker 1: House, like.
Speaker 2: Dorrit, what I'm telling you, something happened to Drey. I don't know if it's the alleged accusation. I was told that she was on the chopping block allegedly allegedly, and that she was scrambling to say of her job, allegedly allegedly, and based on her performance this first episode, I believe that's true.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe, ah, but I'm also like, yes, I think that's true. But I also am trying to wonder how like I don't think that it's all just trying to save her job, Like I think that it like comes from a real place. I think it's sort of like I don't think it's like, girl, we need you to go after Kyle to save your job. I think it's like, we know that you're having these issues and these feelings and that you're having issues with PK, et cetera. So you better bring what's really going on to the cameras to save your job. It's not like let's fabricate something. I also think that right, Yeah, when she went to Kathy Hilton's house, that was shocking. That was like that was war because one of the things that made her and Kyle fall out was when they're at Bravocon and Derey kind of jokingly had to rank who she's closest to out of the Richard sisters, and she like jokingly was like, well, Kathy's first and Kyle's last. Was like Kyle had just spiled a drink on her, and she thought she was joking around. Kyle took it personally and then they also had another moment at the previous reunion where Kyle felt like Dreite wasn't backing her up enough in her issues with Kathy. So the Kathy thing is like such a sensitive subject for Kyle and for Dereit for me episode to just like walk into Kathy's house and be like, Kathy's really been there for me during my separation was I couldn't believe that my jaw was.
Speaker 2: On the floor, honey, my job was on the floor, and my mouth was on the floor, and I needed the ivy drip that Kathy had administered, and she's getting glammed on and sipping an espresso.
Speaker 1: Like it was.
Speaker 2: It was so fascinating to watch, and for me, it was just sort of like, dreat, You're not dumb, you know exactly what you're doing, but I'm here for it. What I don't understand is what did Kyle ever do to dere And that's the part that I'm having a hard time trying to understand. I am on Kyle's side in the sense of when Durrey revealed her personal text messages between her and Kyle to Erica at the reunion, I listen, if you're my real friend.
Speaker 1: I should never see that. That should never happen.
Speaker 2: And I'm on Kyle's side in terms of when Kyle says she saw that as it was airing and that.
Speaker 1: Her mouth dropped too. I see why Kyle.
Speaker 2: Is a messing with Deriy. I'm still not understanding what did Kyle do to well.
Speaker 3: I guess Durit feels manipulated, like she said she felt like that was kind of calculated with the text message. I'm not on either one of this side. I actually think that I can completely see where both of them are coming from, and I do think Kyle was probably trying to manipulate to read a little bit with that text. But it's also like I do think that Durit was turning up for the cameras because they're both on a show and you can't ignore that element. So I think there's all the messiness of just like the mechanics of like being on a television show together, and then there's also the issues with their friendship, and like, I don't think either one of them is right or wrong. I really think it was like when Erica just said that it's just these little things coming from each one of you and it's been building up, building up, and now it's exploded.
Speaker 2: We have to get into this conversation because if there was a drinking game, no pun intended. Of the many times the Reed told everybody who had ears that p K is a full blown alcoholic, I'm like, dread. I listen not to get all like serious and stuff, because we have fun this podcast, but when someone is struggling with alcoholic it's kind of.
Speaker 1: Not your story to tell DEI.
Speaker 2: You know, because when we saw Mauricio, by the fucking way, Mauricio never looked better and he's always been hot. Marie Kyle, I love you down, Mauricio, I had to like cross my legs and have a pear cloth. Mauricio is so fucking hot, looks so good. I just couldn't take it. But I digress. P K never sat out of his own mouth unless I missed it, that he was a full blown alcoholic. He just said I got sober, and when I got sober, I realized that we were in a toxic marriage and that we need a break. So to hear her, not only did she say it to Erica, which is fine because Erica has been around for so many years. You just met Boz two seconds ago as you gave the valet person your keys and you're telling her that your your strange husband is.
Speaker 1: A full blown alcoholic.
Speaker 3: It felt like a planned character assassination, kind of in the same way that me or On Potonacau is going around telling everyone that Gordon is having a manic episode, when it's like, is he having a manic episode? Or is he just like calling you on your shit? Like I don't know, that's very weird, and this feels a little bit like that too, and it's like I don't know how to take dreat at this point, Like I need to watch the rest of the season because again, I'm still trying to figure out how much of this is like you're doing this for the show, and then how much of it really is like you've just been building resentment for a really long time, like maybe she has been biting her tongue and maybe she really is really fucking angry about the break in. Obviously, some people have made the allegation that it was like a planned thing, and then that, you know, the peak maybe allegedly, Like we don't know that for sure. I don't honestly don't even have an opinion on that either way, like people say it, I have no idea that could be true or not. But some people think that like maybe she found out that he had some involvement in that and then and even so say he didn't have involvement, but like he didn't really support her emotionally, which is a big thing, Like that's your husband, Like that's meant to be your rock and the person that you go to. And he seemed to be getting like pretty exhausted by her PTSD. And maybe it's just like all this stuff is just like simmering, and now this season and with her job on the line, it's like this like perfect storm of like i'mcoming for you. But then I still think like, or is this just like calculated, like you're trying to paint him in a certain life.
Speaker 2: I love thee I'm here for the OG personality coming back to me, it is calculating, I think my opinion. I think because allegedly Dury's job was on the line, she obviously, like anybody else on that shell, she needs the gig, she needs the money, she needs the income, and I think Derey was faced with this pressure of what a single woman's life looks like for her. Derey absolutely loves the Beverly Hills lifestyle, although she lives allegulated different I'm not going to call out her address, but she loves further than Beverly Hills. But Deree loves everything about the nine to two one zero. You know, she loves a party, she loves a glam, she loves she loves everything about that lifestyle. So in order to keep up with the Hiltons, she has to keep this gig. And she's is she been calculating, yes to me. But she's also very smart. She's kissing the ring of Kathy, you know what I mean, which is not a bad ring to kiss. Kathy's well connected. If you need to meet a new rich guy, Kathy has somebody on speed dial for you.
Speaker 1: Kyle doesn't.
Speaker 2: Kyle is allegedly seeing the person whose name we can't say anymore, apparently, which we'll get to that.
Speaker 1: In a second. But Derey is very calculating.
Speaker 2: I think to your point, I think Derey stopped loving PK the way we saw her love him when boy George was their roommate. I think something happened financially in their marriage. And I think because something happened financially in their marriage.
Speaker 1: Allegedly, I do believe allegedly.
Speaker 2: That PK started possibly to drink more because he's not married to a woman.
Speaker 1: Let's be real.
Speaker 2: PK knows that Derey is not with him for his looks. So you have this lifestyle that you have to upkeep. Your wife has a certain lifestyle that she's accustomed to. You have two kids. You have to find ways to do it. You're not making money with these movies you're investing in. Boy George is not selling out any stadium tours like Kenny g.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? So when when?
Speaker 3: When?
Speaker 1: When a when a rich man.
Speaker 2: Starts to lose his value. Some of them, I'm not I'm not diagnosing PK, but some of them fall into other ways of handling their depression.
Speaker 1: That could be a way, so not a way.
Speaker 2: That could be one of the reasons why he started drinking more. And I think Dery probably saw a lot of maybe nasty things he said to her while he was under the influence. I think Deiy probably got titled covering for him. The fact that he wasn't home doing this invasion now speaks a little bit of high volumes in terms of like, what's happening? And then to add and saw to injury Jock. He told her to get over it. And so I think to your point, it was a lot of things piled up, and I think was like, I have to get out of it. But do I think she's using this to embarrass him, to reveal to when she revealed to bos he was a full blown alcoholic, I said, this is nasty work.
Speaker 3: She's very resentful, I think, and it's coming out now, and I will say, you know the scene of her that is now iconic, where she's lighting up a cigarette in the car and which is being meme to death and is everything I heard from one of the other Beverly Hills housewives. She said to me at one point, I'm not going to say which housewife it was, but she said, you know these women like they really switch it up on camera, like Deurite will do a scene and then the camera goes down, she walks off and lights up a cigarette and I remember thinking, oh my god, and now I saw her do it and she's doing it on camera and I'm like, okay, like this is the real dery. Like she's been she's been chugging them ciggies down for a while.
Speaker 1: Ah that, well, you know, I believe that.
Speaker 2: I believe that there's a couple of housewives who do smoke off camera. The only one who really did it first, who's a legend that just started smoking on camera, is Kim Zoziak. And that's why she will always be the icon that she is. But that smoking scene was so delicious because listeners, if you have watched the recent season one, she has never worn anything that you can't find an even Marcus to Jock's points, She's always been very aware of her image and her presence, and you know, whatever the case may be, I.
Speaker 1: Got chills watching her smoke.
Speaker 2: And of course a lot of people like Carlos shut the fuck up like she smoked a cigarette, big deal. No, you guys don't understand. Dread is a product of her environment. And what I saw in the first episode was re shedding this image that she showed us in terms of this prim and proper person who would tease a woman for not wearing panties, and now she's wearing a bomber jacket that was giving me old navy Mitzara with denim jeans um and messy hair.
Speaker 1: When Kathy's like your hairlet's cute. Oh.
Speaker 2: I woke up last night and I mean this morning, never watched it. I just brushed it. That's not the Deree I'm used to, but I love it. It's refreshing to see her. Smoke was iconic because she's showing us something different and guys, I am sorry, but I'm not like. I am so obsessed with dret this season that if she's not in every episode giving me this, I don't want to watch it.
Speaker 1: But I'm in love with her now.
Speaker 3: I think she was starting to give us this last season because I feel like I noticed the change in the wardrobe last season that it was just getting less logoy because I always hated her fashion, like I found it so contrived and ugly and it was just like the clothes would wear her. And I hated when people were like, durit has the best style. I'm like, no sex, she has, like now, just the worst style. And I felt like last season it was starting to get more toned down and I noticed it and I was like, oh, she's dressing better. And then when she was still going up against Garcel, knowing she was gonna she ended up getting called a Karen and because we know what happens when you go against Garcel, knowing that was what was going to get lobbed at her, and she still went there. And then she went to the reunion with the text message and with Kyle, and I'm like, I felt like it was seeing the beginning of like this Derey coming out. Now that it's this season, it's like all bets are off.
Speaker 1: No, that's actually a good point.
Speaker 2: So it was it was building up since last season with the deriy I love you, but that was an ugly rid a little.
Speaker 1: Bit writing her dress you worked at the reunion last year. It was it was awful. I hated that. Speaking of Garcel.
Speaker 2: There has been a shift on social media that I am shocked and I thought.
Speaker 1: I would never see the day.
Speaker 2: And Jock, I want to get your opinion on this, because I'm pretty sure you've seen it too. A lot of people are team Dereat after this first episode, and I'm shocked, shockingly, a lot of people are not feeling Garsel. They feel like Garsel is poking at de Read. They feel like Garsel, you know, making the comments that she was making about you know, Derey being long winded and you know the outfit she was wearing. There was a poll that and again with the grain of salt, we know that social media makes up two percent of the world, but it's just hear me out that same two percent though it was almost like ninety eight percent Garseel and two percent Derea. It's it's it's a lot of the fans our team Dery after this episode and they feel like Garsell well doesn't have a storyline, and that her storyline is always picking at Derid and there a lot of them have said, we have now woken up and we have seen that we were propped on the wrong side of history.
Speaker 1: What do you have to say to that girl?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I've been a Garcel truther since the beginning, so I've been waiting for people to catch up. Let's go over the gar Cell of it all. So first of all, they open with her solo scene. I saw her on a laptop, and I'm like again because I feel like every fucking season Garsell's whole storyline is like I'm in the kitchen on a laptop, like on a bumble profile, or like doing a zoom for work, Like she gives us nothing. Her and Sutton both of them together are actually so mean. They both make so many mean, bitchy comments that actually feel like they totally feel like mean girl comments because there's a certain power imbalance because they are the fan faves and they can get away with everything in the same way that Lisa van der Pump used to be able to do it, whereas they can constantly make those jabs and say nasty things in the confessional, and like, you know, when Teddy, I know people hate Teddy and she's annoying or whatever, but like that's just one example, Like Teddy did nothing to garcel and ted and Garcelle was just being mean to her and everyone like cheered her on, like garcell could do whatever she wanted. And they're doing it again this episode and jabbing it. You know, Dereat's long. It's just showing their true character. They are the two mean girls, and they are the ones that play to the audience and they are the ones that get away with murder. And garcel especially never has a storyline other than you know that her kids seem to think she wasn't the best mom, So you know, like I hope people are starting to wake up now about garcel and seeing the true colors there. And yeah, they they are mean girls. And if like Erica or Lisa, Rinna or whatever, whenever they would make a little like bitchy comment, like social media would just flip out, Oh my god, they're so nasty. They need to be fired. They're ruining the show. They're so toxic. But it's like Sutton and Garsel can get away with being like as horrible as they want, and people like, yes, like call them out. It's like at some point it's unnecessary. So yeah, I hope that the social media continues like this throughout the season. And also, I mean, I know we're going to get to this, but Deret's instant chemistry with Bosoma.
Speaker 1: Go go listen, listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 2: I first of all, love Oz. Let's talk about that. I And I'm gonna tell you why she's being authentically hrh and you can tell.
Speaker 1: And I mean, to come out of the car.
Speaker 2: She's beautiful, she's gorgeous, to offer the dress everything I mean, but she's so refreshingly funny, and I appreciated the fact that Deiy and her bonded.
Speaker 1: I listen.
Speaker 2: I don't think dere's a racist at all, And I've said that I don't think.
Speaker 1: That at all.
Speaker 2: Again, it was very interesting to see that Dree bonded with the new.
Speaker 1: Black Girl and how Boz really likes Dery.
Speaker 2: And not to spoil any things that I haven't seen the rest of the season, but I have seen the after show for the first episode on BravoTV dot com. Boz and Dei's chemistry is real, and I don't think it's fake. I think they both enjoy each other because the difference between their friendship and the other women on the show. They both get each other's thing. Like, they're both fashionable, and they're both shady, and it's fun shady, but it's not trying hard to be shady. It's very subtle and they sort of like bounce off each other.
Speaker 1: It's very interesting. But I love them together.
Speaker 3: Their chemistry is just so instant, and Bow's like she just felt like a star straight away, Like the second she stepped out and opened her mouth, You're like, I love you so likable straight away. I know Garsell's gonna be going crazy over this, because you know, Garcel loves to be able to go, well, you're a Karen and to be able to pull that whenever someone goes against her. We've seen it ever since the when Kyle called her out for the charity thing, which is like, you didn't pay for the charity. But then she's like, would you have said that? If you know? Would you have said that if I wasn't black? But it was like garsell came after Kyle that entire season one sided, like non stop. Like even if you guys, if you remember back on that first season when garcel even like jabbed at Kyle during her it was like a speech that she was giving, like a charity thing or like a philanthropy thing, and she like jabbed at Kyle in her speech for like no reason. So Garcelle's been getting away with a lot for a while. And I know that she would hate seeing de eat and Bow's get along like that. And I think Bo's is going to be instant fan favorite. I mean, she already is from the social media reaction I'm seeing, and I think she's gonna be very very popular on the show. And I am I'm excited. And you know, I know that Beverly Hills, they've been trying to bring more diversity in to the show and they've had trouble because they had Crystal who Crystal had a decent run, but like she just wasn't kind of opinionated enough and wasn't being enough herself. And then, you know, I really liked Anna Marie. I thought she was good, but it just kind of didn't work out for whatever reason, and they had to edit a lot of her stuff out. So I'm glad that now they've kind of got it right. They've got someone that's fabulous and opinionated and that the viewers are going to get behind, and like it's just such a good cost. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Child.
Speaker 2: We are just getting started. This is reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. I've heard of Oz before because, like she said on the show, she worked for Netflix and Uber and she's always been like this corporate boss. So when she was announced as the next housewife, I was like, oh, girl, this is I didn't see that coming because she was always like this professional powerhouse. To see how she is so effortless on camera and how she's so confident. She the thing with her that felt different, if I'm being honest to me, she felt naturally integrated with the cast in her first scene. It didn't seem like, oh, let's just get this new black girl on the show, you know what I mean. Like she it felt very organic. She felt like she knew these women. The way she was able to be herself around them. It just felt very natural to me. And I agree with you in terms of like great casts, because yes, the show hasn't had that much diversity. Crystal Listen, Crystal is just not a great reality star. I think she's a great human being. You know, she's a great wife, a great mom, and a great woman. But she's not a star. So I'm happy that we have a star. Boz is a star. And the commentary that she made and the look she gave Kathy Hilton, who was taking out her extensions at a dinner, I knew that, like Bars is here to stay.
Speaker 3: And I liked that she wasn't afraid to kind of like shade Kathy Hilton because a lot of the other girls are like scared of Kathy and they don't want to do anything that could upset Kathy. And Boz just had like her own natural reaction to it, like this is a fucking weird girl, Like why taking out your extensions at the table. She didn't really care, and it just felt like it didn't feel thirsty, it felt real, it felt natural, And yeah, it doesn't feel like a diversity higher at all. It feels like you were just naturally in this group and you're a star, and this doesn't feel contrived. And the same with like Bronwin, the same energy with Bronwen coming into Salt Lake City where it's like, Okay, this is just such a natural fit, Like this is just so obvious that like you should be with this group of women and I don't even Sometimes with a new housewife, you're like, oh, give them a few seasons to like settle in. And with her, it's like episode one, like you're in.
Speaker 2: It was instant. Yes, it was instant. It was instant. It was instant. Jennifer Tilly, what did you think about her?
Speaker 3: I was not impressed, ah.
Speaker 1: At all.
Speaker 3: And I'm a Jennifer Tilly fan. But like when Sutton opened the door and Jennifer Tilly was screaming, sat down, and like it felt like when Jamie Lee Curtis was on last year with the wind Chimes or whatever and she was kind of performing to the camera. It just had that actressy thing to it, and like her home was hideous and not in even a fun way. To me, it just was kind of like outdated and depressing. And no, I didn't I didn't like Jennifer Tilly on there at all.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Look, they've hyped her up a lot in all of the pre press so she might get more fun and quirky and have those quirky moments, but I all ready feel like we have Sutton and Kathy Hilton for the quirkiness, so it's like, oh, we need another quirky old broad Like, I feel like we've got that covered. So I don't love it at all.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, it's the first episode, and first impressions are everything I will say. I was just like, okay, where's the ree?
Speaker 1: You know, I was no shade, I was.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, hey Jennifer, hey girl, where's three? Where's Erica? Like when Erica got off the car her amazing yellow outfit, that outfit was everything.
Speaker 3: I was dying girl.
Speaker 2: I was, I was, I was. I love eric O Jay, I was here for it. I was like, this is who I want to see. So again, she has been hyped up. I listen, there's lots of talks about diversity hires. Honey, let's talk about the hires of these Hollywood actresses who don't need to be on my reality TV screen unless you Liza Renna like so well see, but if Jennifer Tilly is not giving me Eileen Davidson or Lisa Reena, you know, an actress who brings there, an actress who isn't playing up to this character. My concern with Jennifer Tilly is are you playing up to this character?
Speaker 1: You are?
Speaker 2: I do think she's quirking real life, and I do think she's all those things. But to me, it was something about the way she greeted Sutton.
Speaker 3: But I was like, we both felt it as soon as.
Speaker 2: I'm like, is this a two B movie that I'm watching? Like, what is happening here?
Speaker 1: TV? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know, you know, wait, can I get your take on this? This is who I really want on Beverly Hills, and I know they I feel like they tested it out. I really want Cynthia Bailey on Beverly Hills, and I was very disappointed when they brought her back to Atlanta because I'm like, no, put her on Beverly Hills, because, like you know, Housewives of Atlanta, Cynthia was always like, you know, the nice one, the boring one, the voice of reason, whatever. But on that on that Ultimate Girl's Trip season one that had like Ramona and Kyle and stuff like.
Speaker 1: Cynthia the best one.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was my favorite one as well the unpopular opinion because most people like season two. I thought number one was definitely the best and Cynthia was like most of the drama on that and it was like, Cynthia actually does have a big personality and a strong personality, but it was like in Atlanta, you put her around people that are on a level of like a Ninie and a Ken You're in a Porsche, like you're just gonna shrink smaller. But I feel like in Beverly Hills, like the big parts of Cynthia's personality could really come out and she's absolutely beautiful and she's naturally integrated into that group, and I really really want her on Beverly Hills more like I feel like she should be an official friend of and then maybe even a housewife.
Speaker 1: I could not agree with you more.
Speaker 2: And then somebody who has worked with Cynthia Bailey from season three to nine when I left the show, So that's six strong years of me working with her. And one thing that people don't know about Cynthia. Yes, we know that she's an international model and all those things, but Cynthia is somebody who really enjoys the luxury, the luxury world of the Hamptons and Beverly Hills, right Like that's her world. If you ever met her friends, then I have a chance of meeting her bridesmaids where she got married to Peter's season three, her first season.
Speaker 1: And these are like.
Speaker 2: Rebbitable women who are like rubbing elbows with like.
Speaker 1: Donna Carron, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Belly Hills is way more Cynthia's world than Atlanta. And I'm saying that somebody who knows her personally, Syntha hangs out with Luyne and the Hamptons, like almost every year Cynthia hangs out with Jill Zarreon at charity events. None of my Atlanta girls are hanging out with Joe's Aaron or lou Anne or Sutton. That is Cynthia's world. And Cynthia has a place in Sherman Oaks that her daughter lives, and so Cynthia has every reason to be in California, and I could not agree with you more. I think Cynthia, who yes, has connections in Atlanta, But I've saw that story play already, so I don't want to see that again. As a friend, Row, I want to see Cynthia Bailly look at cog On and say, okay, girl, no shade. We can't bring up Morgan's name. When you brought her name up last year, y'all got tattoos together. You went to her event, y'all were and Garsell did a great job at pushing it right. And I love ourselves for that. Give God so credit for that.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Jock Garsel. Do you want to Jock over in this instance?
Speaker 2: But garcilas did a great job pushing get But let me tell you something about Cynthia Bailey, who has who has been up against Phaedria Parks, Ninnie Leek's, Portia Williams.
Speaker 1: Synthia knows how to get the story.
Speaker 2: These girls are our Barbie's dream house compared to the women that Synthay had to deal with in Atlanta. I promise y'all one thing for sure, Cynthia is unassuming.
Speaker 1: If Cynthy would.
Speaker 2: Have asked Kyle questions about Morgan, I promise you Kyle would have revealed way more than she gave Garsel because Kyle knows what Garsell you're being nosy. And although Cynthia may be nosy because she is, she's unassuming and she does have a good heart, So I'm with you. I want Cynthia Bailey as a friend of on Beillley Hills.
Speaker 3: Garseel also is in a safe space because she will weaponize I mean Lisa Vanna Pump's style. I find her quite similar to Lisa Vandam in a lot of ways, Like she will take that personal information and use it against you. So even when Kyle, you know, Kyle went, look, I'm just I feel safe with you guys. I'm going to like tell you this. That was just Kyle trying to get ahead of the story or whatever, like she didn't really want to confide about But it's like Cynthia's actually a good person, so you could tell her that and know that she's not going to do something nasty with it. And also one thing about Garcel, like Garcel is not funny at all, Like she's really not even very charismatic.
Speaker 2: She's just I think she has funny No, no, no, I think Arca has funny interview bites.
Speaker 3: I don't like, and she I feel like she's always laughing at her own jokes, not at all. But I think Cynthia Bailey is fucking hilarious. I think Cynthia is so underrated, like in how funny she is and just her little reactions and her lines and stuff. And I think Cynthia's reactions in her confessionals to like Morgan and Kyle would just be like gold. Like I don't actually understand why the producers haven't done it yet. It felt like they tested Cynthia out a season or two ago. But I think it was like a really dramatic dinner party where stuff was happening with Sutton or some one of the other girls.
Speaker 1: No, it's when, Honey, she was at the dinner party.
Speaker 2: When Sutton an Erica and asked Kai about her marriage.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah that one.
Speaker 1: Yes. So to your point, she wasn't, you know, like a lot was going on that night.
Speaker 3: Yes, So she didn't get a chance to like get in there and like shine. So the producers might have been like, oh, she kind of flopped there, But it's like that's not really fair, like invite her to a few events and like getting sidetracked, but I'm curious to see her on Oh my god, wait, I've got a question. I need to ask you from production standpoint, because this is crazy to me and you're mister super producer. So you would have heard that with the new season of Atlanta, they brought Phadri in. She only filmed for two weeks out of the whole season and they made her full time. How the fuck are they pulling that off? Like do you think then they showed another month of like pickup scenes and it's just gonna be like a Frankenstein editing joke. Like that was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: You know what's so funny about that? Everything you said is true. Faedra came in the last two weeks of Feel Me. She was able to make the this is all online, so I'm not like spilling like things I'm not supposed to. Fedra left Meryton Medicine because something happened to her on that show that we'll see this season where she walked away from the show. Okay, and this is listen, this is this is the truth. Faedra Parks walked away from Maryton Medicine and within a week and a half was on the Girls international trip on the Land of Housewives and signed her contract within less than two weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, they literally got.
Speaker 2: Back from the international trip and maybe had like a week or two left of filming. Phaser probably will be in four episodes, but again it goes to show you the power of that woman, right, like the fact, I don't know anybody in the history of reality television can quit one show, walk away from it what they're gonna call it, and under two weeks go back to a show that she was not on for seven years with two weeks left of filming and not and to John's point, not just as a friend, but as an official housewife. We will see Faser Parks holding a peach in the opening credits episode fourteen.
Speaker 3: How can they do that? Like they cannot seriously go through like like three quarters of a season without Like are they just going to be like sprinkling her in with like pick up the scenes and stuff.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: But because you have to and listen, I'm saying things that I don't know for a fact, it does work with me. Here, Maritime Medicine airs this this Sunday and Atlanta's not airing until twenty twenty five, and we don't know them up yet.
Speaker 1: You have to see like the story why she's not on that show anymore.
Speaker 2: So the beauty of that jock is you get to see what happened on her, what happened to her on Maritime Medicine in terms of why she left, so that when you see her in Atlanta, you're not just like, well, that's no, that doesn't make any sense because you were on a you were you were on The Girl's Trip in Atlanta, a Mariti Medicine. So the beauty of it is like this anticipation that when she's back, she's back, so no, there'll be no pickup.
Speaker 1: Scenes to like show her earlier.
Speaker 2: She literally makes her debut on The Girl's Trip, which is which is which is iconic in itself.
Speaker 3: It's just iconic over the making her full time.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: I feel like that season, I don't know, like I feel like, I know you have to be careful, you don't want to like you have to be careful how you comment on it because you worked on it for so long. But like, that season's gonna be such a mess because they shot all that stuff with Kenya and then I think they then they had to cut Kenya out, and then I think they had to like start again, and then they feature moilming for two weeks that she's full time, Like what the hell?
Speaker 1: I know? And I know, and that's the reason why it's going to listen.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the most watched season to me because of everything that happened off season that were so curious about. So as we finished off Billy Hills, though, how do you feel about.
Speaker 1: Kyle now wanting to bring up Morgan?
Speaker 2: I did find it strange because they filmed last season. The only rational excuse for me is Morgan probably had no idea how big this show was, and maybe the attention.
Speaker 1: Wasn't something she wanted to that degree.
Speaker 3: Here's what I think happened. So I think that Morgan and Kyle had a really I think they had this like instant friendship. I think they were bonding through Kyle's you know, divorce and all of this stuff, and then Kyle started getting you know, kind of like having a midlife crisis, not saying that in a shady way, but just your midlife change or whatever and getting fit all of this stuff, and then I think it was like let's play into this and like have some fun with it. And I think Kyle didn't want to feel like my husband went and like left me for a younger woman or whatever, like she really wanted to still be like I'm hot, like I've got the younger woman. But I but then I think she actually fell for Morgan along the way. I don't know if they consummated their relationship. I don't know if it was just like an emotional thing, like something was happening along the way where it really became more than friends. And then I do think that Morgan kind of freaked out about Okay, this like pressed scrutiny is so much like, yes, I wanted to use this to help launch my career, but at the end of the day, like I'm an artist, I'm missing a songwriter first and foremost, I'm not a reality TV star. I'm not like a page six staple. I don't want to have every time I mentioned as just you know, me dating you, maybe Morgan being a lot younger, Like here's the thing, Okay, here's the thing about LGBT. We can say this they really and at the lesbians and the gays. They like to turn a straight person and then I think sometimes it's like they like to do it, and then the it's like, well, I've checked, I've done it now and I'm moving on. And I think maybe Morgan was a bit like okay, like I turned you and we had our emotional affair and stuff, but at the end of the day, you're like twenty years older than me, and you're divorced with all these kids, and I've got a music career and I don't want to be a reality star, and I think she put a stop to it. And now I think that's why Kyle's awkwardly like, well now I can't talk about her and I can't share it. And I think people think that Kyle just was completely faking this and like milking it for attention, which I don't think it was. Like that was like one element, but there's a lot more. There's a lot more to it than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I listen.
Speaker 2: My opinion is I definitely think her, Kyle and Morgan had a relationship, whether they defined it as girlfriend girlfriend, based on this scene that I watched, all the scenes that I watched of them last season, they have chemistry.
Speaker 3: Kile was in love with her, Kyle was in love with her.
Speaker 1: I could see it.
Speaker 3: I felt like I could see it because I'm like when I'm like in love with someone and like in the moment with them and you're like so excited and you're like feeling it, like and I saw that on Kyle, and I'm like, she's like in love with Morgan Wade.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like Morgan is in love with her?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Oh no, yeah, I think it was more from Kyle that makes me say. I think I think Morgan was curious and a lot of a lot of lesbians do like to turn a straight woman, and it's actually very common. Like one of my really close friends is a lesbian and like and she's you know, like a gold star lesbian and she actually gets in like a few relationships with straight women that like come out of a marriage and then want to have a fling with another woman. Like it's a common thing. So I think Morgan was curious and probably had a lot of affection for her and stuff. But I think Kyle ended up getting stronger feelings in the end.
Speaker 2: And that's probably why when Kyle was asked those questions, you saw like the nervousness and and you know, like her shoulders were tense, she looked afraid, you know, like it was it was like it was very interesting, and it was like, what was happening here?
Speaker 1: And I think it is what you said?
Speaker 2: I think I think at that time of filming, I think Morgan probably said this is getting a little bit too much, and don't talk about me on the show and let's just figure things out. And I think Kyle, to her credit, she did not want to apply a title to their relationship at that at that time. I have heard that they're allegedly still seeing each other. I have heard that's based on people at parties and flights.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's interesting. Now, Well I can see the appeal as well, because like, look, Kyle was in this marriage for a really long time and at some well we remember what Alison Dubois said, he'll never emotionally fulfill you. And you know men can be like that. It's a bit like there's a lot of emotionally unavailable men out there, and you know, women, women are more emotional and probably where Kyle was in her life, she probably got a lot of this like attention and emotional intimacy that she was craving. And then also like I could see Morgan taking on a very masculine role. And I'm not talking about in terms of being you know, top and bottom in the bedroom. I'm talking about holding the door open, like being chivalrous, like making me feel like a princess and making me feel like a woman and making me feel very safe and taking care of like physically and emotionally. And I could see where Kyle was in her life really falling into that.
Speaker 1: I do two, I do too, I do two.
Speaker 2: I cannot agree with you more about that and listen, and it showed, it showed with her uncomfortableness talking about it. Now, let's get into the moment of the episode. And I can't wait until episode two of this season.
Speaker 1: Derey is ready.
Speaker 2: When when the girls were talking it the power of.
Speaker 1: Dreed when she got around.
Speaker 2: The table and hey, Kyle, like, hi, as if you two haven't spoken in months, as if you did not just see her fucking sister. Uh, but they have this strange relationship. DEI was like, let's go. Drey sat down and this is the this is my favorite part, the.
Speaker 1: Reason why Kyle kept saying, like, why are you acting like this?
Speaker 2: You're not being yourself because Kyle's like, why are you coming for me? And Dere's like, welcome back to the old derry bitch. I am no longer playing second fiddle to you. I am not your background singer. Okay, I am not Christina Aguilera and you're Britney Spears. I am coming for my spot again, and it will be at the expense.
Speaker 1: Of you, bitch. Duriit was ready, and to.
Speaker 2: Me, there was this fear on Kyle's face in terms of how much is DeWitt going to reveal because this the gag Jock deurit really knows about what's happened with Morgan and Kyle.
Speaker 1: And Mauricio.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, if she reveals that on the show, that would be that would be fucking wild. But I did love that. I love that moment of Kyle being like who are you because it was like a real full bully break of like what are you doing? Like you're turning up for the cameras, like who are you? Like that was that was kind of crazy, like what do you do?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 2: It was something like it was so funny because cause listen, let's let's let's have a real conversation.
Speaker 1: Kyle is looking at derate, like.
Speaker 2: You were on the chopping block, you got your job back, and now now you're gonna come for me, and and like who are you God, Kyle was pretty much telling Derey, you look desperate. Yes, you look desperate to have a moment, and you're trying to have a moment to me, And to Jock's point, that was Kyle's subtle way of telling Derey, you're trying to have a moment, and you're playing up to the camera and I'm telling you, I can see it. But the gag is Deriy is like, I don't care, bitch, I am even if I am, I'm gonna do it. And and and I'm here for it. dRIT is back, and I'm happy.
Speaker 3: I am curious to see how long social media stays on her side, because yeah, I was surprised that actually a lot of people really took her side. But also there's this like Kyle's an interesting character, because I think that the reception to Kyle, if you just ask like a normal viewer or just a normal person on the street, they'll say, I love Kyle, She's great, love watching her. But then with the like social media fandom that is very much still made up of disgruntled LVP fans who then migrated to become Garcelle fans. They have always had this like weird thing out for Kyle ever since she fell out with Lisa vander Pump and they can't get over it because they hold grudges like Lisa Vanda Pump does. So it's like online the chatter is like very much against Kyle, but I think I think overall, like the general public people would be on Kyle's side, And I'm just kind of curious to see, like how the reception continues as like the season goes on, and how messy is Dari going to get because everyone has said, like, yeah, dereets the villain, dereats the villain. She's the one that's like getting in all the mess and you never even know with the villain, like because sometimes the villain is the one that the whole audience gets behind, and then sometimes the villain is the one that everyone wants fired. So it's like, how is it kind of like.
Speaker 2: Braun when I saw like a little bit like like she's a fan favorite this season, Like how marka Garcia last season I saw was the fan favorite. But they're both kind of like villain's askts you do have a point, but look, this is dread season and.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I believe it was the first time in a while that Kyle was not the first guest on Watch What Happens Live after the premiere.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was impressed when I saw dearit on Watch What Happens Live. I was like, Oh, she go watch What Happens Live for the premiere. Okay, like and.
Speaker 1: That's a big deal.
Speaker 3: And she was sassy on Watch What Happens Live as well, because these two girls called in and they made a comment about Dedree being long winded, and she like threw it back at them and like mocked them. So like, ah, yeah, dereit is very activated.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Derey. We love it and we can't wait to see more. And Jock, I can't wait to see more of you. I can't thank you enough for taking time out this evening to chat with me for this amazing episode. It was a ten out of ten. Beverly Hills is back, and dare I say it was the best season premiere of a Real housewalk that I've seen this year?
Speaker 3: Oh? Okay, big words, but yeah, it was pretty fucking good. And thank you for having me back on and guys follow me at Unpopular JP on Instagram if you want more and look, I'm sure I'll be back on Reality with the King soon. I think I'm becoming a regular right.
Speaker 1: Yes, you are, my love.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you so much and I'll see you guys the next one.
Speaker 3: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visual baby my expressions, Yes, and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Reign Entertainment, Baby