Speaker 1: Welcome everyone. It is the local Tony Dealers KSR postgame show. The Cats, for the first time since twenty nineteen, are back in the Sweet sixteen with a huge win here in Milwaukee over Illinois eighty four to seventy five. We are here just kind of hanging out in a lobby of one of the hotels. I don't They've asked us not to say where it is because they actually don't want people to come, so they were nice enough to let us be in here. We decided to stick around. We're gonna leave right after the show. What an amazing win. I wanted to stay because I wanted to go inside and feel the experience of a victory again. It's been a while since we've had it. In March, and we got it. And now the Cats moved to the Sweet sixteen where they will play Tennessee of all teams in Indianapolis, and what will be I think one of the hardest tickets that you will see in basketball. Kentucky, Tennessee, Purdue all in the same region in Indianapolis. It's gonna be a heck of a Friday night. A shout Billy will open up the phones at the end of this segment is that, all right, I'm gonna have Ryan and Shannon are actually getting us food so that we can leave right after. Drew will be here. They'll all be on before this, before this show ends. But what an amazing victory. I mean, Kentucky really controlled the game from start to finish. Was it was about as good as you could hope for for a performance. They came out early, made buckets and then kind of got a lead that they kept five to eight points throughout the first half, and then after a great run to end this to start the second half, kept essentially an eight to twelve to fourteen point lead throughout the second half. A bunch of stories, but I think the biggest one is Kobe Bray at twenty three points, including three in a row shots that I don't know. I think that gets Kobe into kind of the legend status. When you're thinking about the sort of moments from the season, I think always lay up at Oklahoma and is one in the SEC Tournament, and then I think you're gonna think of this little Kobe brea montage of the three shots back to back to back. Huge performance by him. Lamont Butler an absolute beast. I mean, for me, as great as Kobe shot, Lamont Butler's kind of the MVP to come out there, have fourteen points, five assists, play the defense that he played, you know, I mean he's playing with one arm essentially, And you know, listening to Mark Pope talk about him in the postgame press conference where he said, basically, somebody ask him about Lamont Butler, and he had a great quote. He said, courage is real, but love is too, and he said he is playing for the love of his teammates. And I will tell you I've talked to a lot of people around the program. They all say that. Some of them say he probably shouldn't be playing with his injury, but he wants to play. And how can you not how can you not only appreciate that, but love that for his teammates, for the program, For Mark Pope, I mean, just a warrior. These dudes. These dudes are a special group of guys. They become the first team, the first team in the history of the NCAA tournament to get to the Sweet sixteen having returned zero zero points from the year before. Think about that zero and this is the first team to ever do it. Maybe it'll happen more often in the transfer portal era. Probably will, but this is the first one. And to see this group of guys, Dudes from Drexel, dudes from Dayton, you know, guys who came off the bench at Oklahoma wake Forest, San Diego State, Fairleigh Dickinson, you know a kid from a two year Mormon mission. Two kids who one year ago today were playing in the finals of the Kentucky high school state tournament. Yeah that was one year ago today. It's just an awesome story and what a cool thing to be a part of. And in that arena tonight, Kentucky fans were probably outnumbered three to one in that arena. Yet the Illinois fans could just never really get into it because of the way Kentucky played. And even though they only won by nine, I actually think, you know, if they make some layups, I mean, this was a double digit game. In my opinion, they did exactly what they needed to do. They limited Illinois star players. Let's see, Casparis was sick, was six for thirteen, but he had a hard time getting shots all five for thirteen, excuse me, especially early in the game. You know, their best player was little z Billy who had five threes. I was just like, first of all, he looks like he looks like the kid Dwight Shrewt's cousin from the office. Dude, I'm talking about what's his name, the mos dude Mos. Don't you think with that little beard he.
Speaker 2: Looked like most Yeah, I can see it now.
Speaker 1: I think he looked like Mo's with that little beard. I couldn't help it. I kept thinking, you know, what's this beat farmer doing out here? Hitting all these threes? He really kept them in the game. To be honest with you, Without those threes, it gets a lot worse. Will Riley to one for seven. I mean, if you tell me before the game, we take two guys who may both be first round picks, Case Paris and Will Riley, they combined only for eighteen points, and they made two threes. Combined went two for twelve from three point land. That's a heck of a job. And this team, we've talked all year that they really weren't that good defensively. I didn't know how much better they could get. They've gotten a lot better. They were one hundred and thirteenth or whatever in Kim Palm and defense. They're up to forty fifth and I thought they played really good defense today, didn't give Illinois a lot easy and they get an eighty four to seventy five win. And big picture, this is massive for the program, It's massive for Mark Pope. It's also massive for the fans. I mean, there was a lot of people that I was around today, Kentucky fans who you know, just kept saying, we really need this, we want this. Especially Honestly, even though I said it shouldn't matter, it does matter to some people that Cal won yesterday and then we get to the sweet sixteen. I do think it's worth noting four new coaches in Division one have made it to Sweet sixteen in their first year with their first team, Cal Perry, Dusty May, Mark Pope, and the guy at BYU. I don't know that that's ever happened, that that's happened very often, but for Kentucky fans specifically, you know, we're used to winning here and there's been a lot of there's been a lot of losing. There's been a lot of disappointment since COVID, and to get that joy back, I hope people all over Lexington were going crazy. I hope if somebody was at ks Bar for the game. I hope you'll send me a video. I finally got my phone working again, so now I can actually get them. But you know, nights like this, we've had a lot of them in the last twenty years, but we haven't had a lot of them in the last five And to get back to it is really really exciting. Ansley Almonor five points, Trent Noah, a big set of free throws before halftime. Just one thing after another, positive stuff. One thing after another is a really really cool thing. Ryan Lemon's just walked up. Ryan put on a headset there and joined me for just a second. He's eating rather than come on the show. He's eating food.
Speaker 3: I went and got our food.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for that. What'd you think of the win? You were sitting there. I watched it at the Saint Kate Arts.
Speaker 3: Of course you did.
Speaker 1: Kate's once. Brandon Garrison got that and one at the end, I walked back and I got it. I literally walked on the court as the game was finishing.
Speaker 3: What did you think, Well, really, you're two and oh in that hotel, so you did you know.
Speaker 1: When they play in Indianapolis? Maybe I should just come on in. You can go to the Saint Kate Art's hotel.
Speaker 3: It was one of the few times all season I think Kentucky won the game based on their defense.
Speaker 1: I do too. I think they I think Lamon Butler obviously Kobe Bray is shooting, and then their defense.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it. They came out and really stuck it to Illinois, kind of really rattled them. The Jasparis guy was really rattled and at clothed the Lamont But.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we've ever gotten his name right, both both in the show Friday, the pregame show today, maybe not even now. But he's gonna be a good player. But he, especially early, was rattle.
Speaker 3: He really was rattling. I think Lamont Butler deserves all the credit goes to the bench in foul trouble.
Speaker 1: And about that, I mean, we didn't even mention that he only played five minutes in the first half. Yes, you tell me, O take only plays five minutes in the first half and we're leading at halftime by five, I wouldn't necessarily believe that.
Speaker 3: I think it's because Kobe Brea stepped up and was doing Kobe bra A things. I mean Robbie Abrayh was getting off tonight.
Speaker 1: Colin Chandler. Colin Chandler two threes eighteen minutes.
Speaker 3: And one was deep. I mean like in no hesitation. He just pulled up and yank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think the I think the second one especially was kind of a big moment. It was they were making a little bit of a run, and there were two or three times that they started to make a run and then we made a play. I thought the Chandler three was one the the Butler steal may have been the biggest player. Yes, that the arena was starting to get worked up, and the steal to Garrison at the end one that's when I decided to walk. I have, just for the record, walked in Torrential Brain four different times. I walked from the pregame show to the game and got drenched. I walked from the game to the Saint Kate Art's Hotel, got drenched, Saint Kate's Art Hotel, back to the game drenched, and then game to hear drenched. Four different times. I've gotten drenched. But even now, like a wet cat.
Speaker 3: Even though it's a cold, wet rain, you know it doesn't matter, right, now we're going back to the Sweet sixteen, so I think, you know it is kind of a dry off. We'll try out. Our socks are a little soggy right now, Who cares.
Speaker 1: Let me also just talk for a second about the scene after the game. I think sometimes they don't get to show as much of this as you would like, but I think fans love it. Like I said, decent Kentucky crowd not what it is normally, but the fans of a big chunk of the fans are right behind the Kentucky bench. When it's over that Mark Pope and I believe Kobe Braya do an interview with CBS. I think otega Oway is maybe with Jack, and then maybe Mari or somebody's with like, so three different guys are are are doing interviews the play. The players that are not those three come greet the fans head to the back. When the three guys that are getting their interviews, I think it was Butler, Brea and o take it. So it's Butler, Brey and otake. It's those three. As they're walking off, Mark Pope grabs the three of them and the four of them do a huddle. I tried to get a picture. I don't know if I got it. I'll have to look here and see if I got it.
Speaker 3: I hope you got it.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think I did. I got it after the huddle, but I didn't get the huddle. But it was a really cool moment. It is clear he like hugged them, and with the crowd going crazy, the four of them had their heads together. I don't know what he was saying to them, but you could tell it was like a really kind of special moment between the four of those guys. Then he walks all. They walk off. The players, you know, say hi to the fans. Pope, you gotta remember there's another game starting, oh miss, and iway stay here coming And the people are right on the court, and it's clear Pope does not want to leave. So Pope is standing at the bench. He's waving at the players, he's waving at the fans. He wants to go up there, but like the old misstaff is coming to replace him, and you can tell Mark's like, I don't want to leave. I don't want to leave. Then he walks off, and I just found myself standing there and he gave me. I actually just wanted to shake his hand and say congrats, and he gave me a hug. And I have to tell you, Ryan, I'm still you know, Piper goober face from Illinois can shut up. I don't care if I'm a media member. I'm still fan at heart. And that was a neat moment. I want to thank Dylan Ballard who got a picture of it. Mario got video. I'll cherish that for all time.
Speaker 3: You know, I think not only did we need this as a fan base, Mark Pope needed this because look on the other side of the bracket, there's Byu, his old school, there's John Caliperry r old coach. And I think Mark Pope needed this, and I think he realizes the moment that he's just got going to the sweet sixteen in his first year's.
Speaker 1: Going to sweet sixteen for his first year's coach. He doubled Seth Greenberg's total career NCAA tournament wins one Mark Pope now has two. And yes, Mark Pope can hug people in the stands and win, and that's what and and that's what he can do. And just just a cool moment, Just an absolutely cool moment, you know, Tennessee is gonna be tough. I think it's gonna be hard to win that game for a third time. Uh in the season. It's gonna be a great crowd in Indianapolis, probably gonna be wild. I was just saying, Purdue's there too, So think about what that ticket's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 1: Have Kentucky, Tennessee Purdue in Houston. So you're gonna have Kentucky Houston travels better than you think. But Kentucky Tennessee and Purdue in the same regional in a day's drive from all those places away produce an hour away. I mean, that's gonna be a heck of a ticket. But but everyone should definitely take a moment tonight. A couple of things to look at. If you haven't seen it yet, watch the CBS video of the team. I think this is a cool tradition they've started where they mac the board and move their team on. I love watching it when other teams do. They really started that during COVID. I don't know if you remember, they were trying to get something when they didn't have fans at the game.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: So they started that tradition and it's kind of become a big thing. I love watching it from other teams. We haven't gotten to do it very much, so it was nice to get to watch it. And you need to see all the players tried to all right, hey, Mario, you two gonna have to bring the volume down just a little bit if you are to go to sit right there. They have to, you know, the two of them. All the players each tried to hold it while they did it, so they all circle around and they all smack it there.
Speaker 3: Because it's a team effort that everybody like you went through the everybody had their moment tonight. It seemed like it was a complete team effort to pull it.
Speaker 1: Really was a team effort, it really was. What about Trent Noah's play at the end of the first half, It was huge. I really was to play. I mean they again Illinois making a run. Yeah, does he gets the fake and gets the foul. That's gonna be a veteran play. He's gonna make people mad during his time at UK. But I love it. Colorado State, by the way, just hit a three to go up one and gets Maryland. They were down two four seconds to go and they hit a massive three to take care.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's the KSR bump. We went to the Colorado State bookstore. Remember we even think about that. We went to the bookstore. I bought a hoodie. I bought a hoodie. You bought a hoodie.
Speaker 1: That was probably a big part of it. All right, open up the lines. A five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. It is eight twelve. I'll at Central time, probably nine to twelve. Probably it is nine to twelve Eastern. I'll commit to do it about fifty minutes because we do have to get on the road here and head down the road, but I also want to enjoy this. We'll take your calls. A five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. I got my phone to work so I don't have to try to page ride on his nineteen forties Android, and we'll be right back. This is the Local Toy Dealer's KSR postgame show. Welcome back. It is a Local Toy Dealers KSR postgame show. We have our first NCAA tournament buzzer beater. Dereck Queen of Maryland hits a shot at the buzzer to beat Colorado State. Drew wins his bet he bet on one buzzer beater and he wins it. That was a heck of a play. Derek Queen, who I saw play earlier this year and I thought was a little bit disappointing to me. Well, now I see the hype a bank runner. He's gonna be a first round pick, maybe even a top ten pick, Ryan, And what a shot.
Speaker 3: That was a tough shot. Now, obviously they ran the ball play to him, could put the ball in his hands, go in the game for us, big fellow, and he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Crab five is through to the sweet half five. That's right. He's a good name. Not a tournament for the little guy. By the way, with that win, all the mid majors are out.
Speaker 3: That's the last one sec.
Speaker 1: By the way, now has six teams in the Sweet sixteen. If Old Miss were to beat.
Speaker 3: IWA Miss was ahead last time I looked.
Speaker 1: If Old Miss were to beat IWA State, we would break the record for most teams into Sweet sixteen ever from one conference. The record is six and we've already tied it. Old Miss is up eleven at the half.
Speaker 3: At the half, yeah, didn't see that one coming.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, hatty Toddy blah blah blah, Baboo behind two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, Drew and Shannon old Joyna Here in a little bit, Billy, you weren't at the game, but it was an awesome sitting in your little booth there in Lexington.
Speaker 5: It was you know, Tom and Jack getting into it late in the second half too, is my favorite part. Uh, Kobe's was just incredible.
Speaker 1: Can you I mean, I don't want to give you work, but is there a way for you to just play those three Kobe shots kind of at some point before the show's over.
Speaker 5: Again, They're already ready to go if you want to hear it. I just got to pull it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it. Let's play if this is all three of them in a row?
Speaker 5: This, Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: This is all three Kobe Brayers shots in a row. Perfect.
Speaker 5: Thanks, I'm not ready yet, hold on, I gotta get it.
Speaker 2: You just said you were ready.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a call. We'll do it in a minute. Go ahead, that great classic, Billy, I got it. No, I don't have that. Go ahead's up first, Eli, go ahead?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 7: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Man, I just I just need like thirty seconds of your time. I just I just want to say, this team has so much grit and I love it so much. Mark Coobe had two months to make this team without a single player returning, and we're going to the second weekend baby.
Speaker 1: Well. I mean, they do have a lot of grit. I appreciate the call, especially now that Jackson Robinson is out. I mean, this really is a team where the hole is greater than some of the parts. I'll say this again, I don't expect I don't think any of these team guys are gonna play in the NBA. Maybe O way, if he comes back next year and has a huge year, maybe he finds a way into the league. Kobe Bray is not playing in the NBA. I don't think Amar's playing in the NBA. Don't think Lamar's playing in THEBA. I think theyre gonna play professional basketball right they want, for as long as they want to do it. I don't think they'll play in the NBA. I hope they do, but I think it's unlikely. But nevertheless, all of these guys, he takes them to another level, and like Kobe Bray is out there shooting. I mean, you got Kevin Harlan calling Kobe Bray a lighting up. How awesome is that?
Speaker 3: I was sitting in front of some old miss like student managers, and they were like, at one point, like this is unbelieve that guy's from Dayton, that guy's from Drexel, that guy's from Fairleigh Dickinson. You know he's doing he put these guys together. They were like shocked that these mid major guys are now playing at such a high level.
Speaker 1: And that's partially what I love about it is, you know, none of these dudes thought they'd play here. Yeah, you know Lamont had success at San Diego State, going the championship game. I'm sure that was something he never could have imagined, But he didn't think he was gonna be playing in Kentucky. Play a dude like Ansley Almonor. I mean, Ansley Almanor is built like me, right, and he's out there. I'm serious, he's out there scoring points in the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 3: You get Kobe.
Speaker 1: Brea, he's at Dayton, right to get Andrew Carr's at wake Forest. None of these dudes A Marii Williams is from Nottingham, England. I mean the idea that that group of people found a way to Kentucky and then found a way to do this. It's just an incredible story. It's kind of like the ninety two team, but if you didn't have Jamal Mata uh huh, like you didn't have a Jamal Mashburn And that's kind of what this is like.
Speaker 3: And our best player gets hurt and is not even eligible for this run just makes it anything even more special. What these guys have done and continue to do.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna continue to get guys like this like that. Like I think throughout the Pope area you're gonna have dudes that play at these random schools. But here's what I don't think we'll ever have. I don't think we'll ever have again a team that that's all there is, because I think we're gonna have great recruits coming to huh like even next year, we're gonna have these guys, but we're also gonna have Jasper Johnson, right, who's gonna be an NBA player. We're gonna have you know, these young's uber talented. We'll never have a group here like this again.
Speaker 3: I agreeably, and.
Speaker 1: I think that actually does make it kind of spec.
Speaker 3: But I think this may be his most important recruiting class of his entire career.
Speaker 1: No doubt. He had to show he could do it at this level. Yep, and he has yep. And now you can keep going on, who's up next?
Speaker 5: Well, I got the braas sound. Let me play that.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do one more call and then I'll set up right. Who's John? Go ahead? John?
Speaker 8: Hey guys, it's been a while since I've called it into the show, you know, growing up in life, and I I love these players because I have nothing but love for Coach cow. He did a lot for our statement. I'm nothing but you know, proud of what he accomplished with with our program. But it got to the point, like when I was a kid, like even if we didn't win that next year, it was the next year, they're coming back and da da da. And I know we might not get these guys again the same way because of the portal and everything, but there's just a heart that comes with, you know, these guys that are just working. They're working to play basketball, they're working to you know, to get degrees and things like that that it's just I missed from being a child, you know, And that's why I'm so proud of coach Pope in his first year, and no matter what happens, it's a success because he he brought a heart back that it's that wasn't here. But it just you kind of you kind of get disassociated when it when when when the next year, it's just a whole new batch, you know. And so I'm just really happy. I'm really excited and I look forward to to to gain three against the teams that we've done well against, and so I'm excited. I think the future is bright.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is I appreciate the call. This is a kind of blue collar mentality that's you know, look, I want to we're Kentucky. I want to win national championships. I think to win national championships, I don't know if you got to have elite freshmen, but you got to have elite dudes. I mean, you look at the teams that probably had the best chance to win the national championship. You got Cooper Flag, you got Broom, you got Walter Clayton junior. Right, I mean, you got the Houston guys. There's a bunch of them, but they're they're old dudes. We gonna need guys like that. But having a group like this for a year. I do think really has brought the heartbeat and the energy of Big Blue Nation back.
Speaker 3: They love this team. They're so endearing. They just they loved what these guys have been able to do their one year head. They know they're just here for one year, but to sacrifice and now get them to this level whe they're back in the sweet sixteen for the first time in six years is pretty incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they're one and dones, but it's a different kind of one it is. And listen, I love the freshman when it dones. We had a ton of dudes here, and I think those guys respected the uniform. I think a lot of times when people are like, oh, they don't care, I don't think that was fair to a lot of those kids. There was probably less than five guys that were here that I what didn't really enjoy being around. I love that group of players, But for a lot of Big Blue Nation, this is the kind of team they fell in love with. Yep, you know what I mean. Yep. And it's nice to see what see.
Speaker 3: What not Necessarily the McDonald's all Americans, just guys go out and just bust their ass. When every practice every game, and this is gonna be a special jersey.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be one. I don't care even if we lose to Tennessee's next week. This is gonna be a team that fans are gonna love, oh yeah, for a long time, and they deserve it. I think tonight, I think it was gonna happen anyway, but tonight solidified, Yes it did, I think for real. All right. So here's the Kobe Breyer run that was really kind of the final you know, differentiation in the game.
Speaker 9: Bounced feed to Garrison just outside the left elbow. Garrison hands it back to Brea. Praya backs out, shoots a three.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 2: Brea curls into the circle, runs into Garrison.
Speaker 9: So he backs out, slides left, gets into the left elbow with a jumper that bounces around and drops in the soft shooters roll for Kobe Brea.
Speaker 1: He's got eighteen.
Speaker 9: Here's Brea straight away between the circles, started by Yaka Chunnas goes left.
Speaker 1: Gets screened off. Here's a three, big go.
Speaker 9: Bria, closely guarded by Boswell, puts it behind his back, comes off the screen, gets open at the high post.
Speaker 1: Got it. That was all I mean that last one was a huge one. But you know you can hear, you can hear by that call. The crowd wasn't on our side, No, no, not at all. And you were sitting over there with the Illinois people.
Speaker 3: There were twice as many or not Morenoy fans than Kentucky fans. And then when the Iowa State fans came in, they all.
Speaker 1: Started Iowa State fans. And I thought, I thought, I thought there was gonna be a lot of Iowa State fans. It was Illinois.
Speaker 3: I mean it was Illinois.
Speaker 1: Fifty to sixty percent of arena was in Illinois. We might have had more than Iowa State. I expected Iowa State to have a lot more than they had. Apparently Friday night I didn't go to the Iowa State game. They said there were tons of Iowa states that all gone home because there wasn't as many at this one.
Speaker 3: For whatever, I want to say one more thing about Brea. He did things tonight he wasn't doing earlier than the year. Creating his own shot kind of you know, finding a way to get free good, some space to get that shot off. He wasn't able to do that right.
Speaker 1: Probably part of that is just having to do it with Jackson Robinson out. Yeah, Like, I mean, we need him to do what Jackson Robinson was doing, and so he's just getting more of an opportunity to, uh to do it. And you may remember when Colin Chandler had his first good game, I said, Colin Chandler is not Jackson Robinson. But if we could get to where he's sixty to seventy percent of Jackson Robinson, remember me, that would be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forget.
Speaker 1: He's getting there.
Speaker 3: He is getting he's getting there.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's like getting into that little zone that we're talking about, which is not Jackson Robinson but maybe sixty to seventy percent of Jackson Robinson.
Speaker 3: And he's not hurting you when he's running the point, not at all, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 1: Who's next? D W, d W, what's up?
Speaker 3: D W?
Speaker 10: Hey guys?
Speaker 3: What a win?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 10: Hey, Matt, I saw you getting depped up by Mark Pope after the game.
Speaker 12: What was that?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 1: It was awesome? That was awesome. I mean, I'm not I didn't expect why I was starstruck. I do, I know him a little bit, but I just in that moment, I just wanted to. You know, I just happened to be there. I just wanted to shake his hand, and then he gave me a hug after giving me a hard time the other day. And you know, just on a personal level, man, it's been that's a big difference in where we were one year ago. And that's for somebody that's as big a fan as I am. That's a that's a cool moment.
Speaker 10: Hey, and y'all have already said that this team has khone's like they're not going away easy, Like they're gonna stick around. We're gonna make a finals before run.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, Hey, listen, I appreciate the call that the brack. To me, I've said this a lot. I think there's four teams. Kentucky's gonna have a real hard time beating Okay. I think they'd have a real hard time beating Duke. I think they have a real hard time beating Florida. I think they have a real hard Now again, we've beaten them before, but I still think it would. We would have a hard time. I think we have a hard time with Alabama. I think we'd have a hard time with Maybe that's it. Duke Florida, Alabama, Auburn, excuse me, Auburn, so four, but we none of them are in our region. So when the bracket came out, I did think, all right, they put us in a region of teams we can beat. Now, I don't think we'll be favored against Tennessee. Probably shouldn't be. I don't think we would be favored against Houston. I think we might be favored if we played Purdue, but all those teams are teams we can beat. So I'm not expecting us to make the Final four. But it's there for the taking if you.
Speaker 3: Play with if you knock off Tennessee. I feel pretty good about either Purdue or Houston.
Speaker 1: I think Houston. Houston's tough, they're good, but I think Purdue could be uson. Purdue's gonna have a massive home court advantage game with us. Yeah, do we By the way, we'll know that times late tonight, we'll know what. But we we play Friday nights. The game is Friday. But whether it's first or second game, if I you know, if I had to get what's the other regional billy that's that night, is Duke that night or not?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure I'll have to look that up right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, because that my If Duke is that night, then I think we'll be playing at seven. If Duke is not that night, then I think we'll be playing at nine. The reason being, if Duke's that night, Duke will be on CBS, we'll be on TBS. If we're on CBS, they'll put us as the late game. If we're on TBS, they'll put us as the early game. It's just my gues so I don't know. I don't know which which it's which it's gonna because I don't know what. Who's up next? Craig and Guam, Craig and Guamb. How are you? I'm good?
Speaker 14: Last time Kentucky made Sweet sixteen, I was still Craig in Alaska. But I guess little Z took a big l tonight and also uh so bad for the women's team.
Speaker 1: That was a that was a great game. But Georgia, Georgia, I mean she had a four foot I hate that for you. She's so good.
Speaker 14: But if she's gonna stay run in the States. My tender profile was at Craig and Guam, so you know she could.
Speaker 1: Look me up. I will make sure to pass on the message match maker here. I appreciate the call. I'm sure we'll get Georgia on again before before she takes off. She's gonna be great. Oh I hated they lost that game. They were playing that on the big screen in the arena before and the Kentucky fans that were there, we were Oh they got They had like four looks at it at the end and just couldn't make any.
Speaker 3: Perfect out of bounds play a great giving go. She had a wide open look, a little floater on the baseline, just didn't.
Speaker 1: Try I drop well, But she had one of the amazing careers. Yeah, she's gonna be be fun watching her. She's WNBA this year. She's show me a top ten pick in the WNBA. So I'm looking forward to that for her.
Speaker 3: And it sounded like the crowd was awesome now you know, and morel Costume, I think our local fans really got behind him.
Speaker 1: And so Duke is Thursday night. Because Duke's Thursday Night, I would assume this is just a guess. I would assume we will be on CBS. And if we're on CBS, then I think they'll put us as the late game at nine thirty. That's just my guess. But if I were to guess, if we're on CBS, they'll put the best game. Second, if Duke had been Friday, they might have put us on TBS. But now we'll be on So I'm gonna guess Friday nine thirty on CBS. That's my guess.
Speaker 3: Well, you're usually pretty close.
Speaker 1: So I called this one to day, didn't we? Yeah, so Shanon's got food. Now that looks good. Who's up next? We'll take a break so I can eat. Who's next? Jacob, Jacob? Go ahead, Jacob? Hey, Matt.
Speaker 6: Just a couple of things. I think if there's any doubt left by any of the fan base that Mark Pope was the right hire, that Miss Martin Hart made a great pick with Mark Pope, then that needs to be put to bed. He's done an incredible job, fully one behind him. I think this team that we need to to really appreciate, And part of that is because they've really bought into, you know, the Mark Pope system. They've bought into the like you said, the sum is greater than any one of them, So I think we really need to appreciate them. And then also I think that and I think that we are about as favorable of a position as we could hope for. I think that going into Adynapolis, I think we are I mean our I like our odds.
Speaker 3: I like our.
Speaker 1: Chances too, and I agree with everything you just said, and I appreciate the call. I think we do. You know, I remember I said in twenty ten Ryan that there was no person who could have rebuilt Kentucky as quickly as cal did, because the way you know, pre transfer portal, you gotta get one and like, let's be cause you know, they consider tom Izzo. I think tom Izzo would have won here. It would have taken a couple of years, though he would have had to build a program. John Caliperry was the only guy you could get at that point who could rebuild it immediately, and he did. He built it a meal. He was the perfect hire at that time to get Kentucky basketball. Now fast forward to here, when you consider the emotion of the fan base, when you consider where we were just mentally kind of where we were after the last few years, and when you consider the sort of realities of a portal era now where you're getting a different kind of player and you're doing older kind of thing. Mark Pope was the perfect guy for this at that time. John Caliperry was the perfect guy in twenty ten, at that time under those rules for this job, and I think in twenty twenty five, Mark Pope was the perfect guy at this time for this job under these rules.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want anybody else. I mean, you know, we were all a little lary when it came out that night, but I wouldn't want anybody else to be my coach right now, nobody.
Speaker 1: But I told you, okay, I remember when I got the phone call on that Thursday night at like ten thirty that it was gonna be Mark Pope. If you had told me at that moment that we'd be standing here in March in Milwaukee about to go to a Sweet sixteen, I don't know if I believe that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I would have believed.
Speaker 1: I should have, because he's done an amazing job and he deserves all.
Speaker 3: The ten watching.
Speaker 1: There's just something, you know, there's something really sweet. It was sweet yesterday when Ellen and Megan were crying after that win against at Arkansas. It was, you know, whatever thoughts are on John and recently, that was sweet well, I'll tell you what else was sweet watching Lee Anne and the daughters in Mark after the game tonight. It's just like it's just a college sports are amazing.
Speaker 3: As you used to say, what sports is awesome?
Speaker 1: That sports is awesome, But the emotion of the NCAA tournament, because think about.
Speaker 3: To you know from b Yu had never tasted success in the NCAA tournament, never won, never won.
Speaker 1: Again, and now it's doubled. Seth Greenberg's total eight. If I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, We're gonna take a break and be right back. It's the local Toyota dealers, Okay, is our postgame show?
Speaker 9: All he wants the screen takes it going down the left side, hesitates, crosses, over, comes back to his right hand, banks it up and it rims out no good and Butler comes.
Speaker 15: Up with a steal over to Garrison, layup good five and one less on Butler the pocket of Yakatonas as he was heading back up the floor, he fed Garrison for the layup and Garrison got found Mond Butler gotta love.
Speaker 1: That, love that energy from Tom and Jack. The big play. I think that was one of a couple of very very big plays in the game, maybe the biggest. At the moment, a twenty two eighty seven. People are sending me that the game is already at ten o'clock. They're they're pointing to Draft Kings. I don't think that's official yet. I think it may end up at that time, but I don't think that's official yet. I think that's that's probably their guess.
Speaker 3: Because Draft Kings already have the Tennessee spread.
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 5: Yes, a dog four and a half point dog.
Speaker 1: Four and a half seems about right to me. Honestly, Tennessee four and a half, that makes makes sense. I wish i'd been guessed before before you said it. I don't know if I would have guessed. Yeah, that's about that's about right. I mean we were we were a two and a half point dog tonight. Well I tipped off. So you know, what are you gonna do? We we we can be a dog.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, Illinois they should out twenty five percent. I think from three point land they had some open looks.
Speaker 1: You think about the SEC got six miss wins and set the record. You think you know everybody sang the you know sang a funeral song for the SEC after they only went eight and six in the first round. But my point was, our twelfth place team is playing these other conference the second best team. If you put seven teams in the sweet sixteen, and I would argue all seven are good teams. I mean, the only team that has lost for the SEC that I think is a good team. Well, who lost in this who lost? And A and M's and and they could have won that game. That game came right down to the end against Michigan, So I think A and M. I think we had seven really good teams in the SEC by the time the season was over. Arkansas was good. They weren't good most of the year, but I think they were by the end. And now of those eight, you might see seven of them in the sweet sixteen. It's pretty good. Who's up next, Brent? Brent?
Speaker 16: Go ahead, Brent, Hey man, uh call him from Oklahoma. I just want to say this celebratory call. I'm so excited. I've been in a bar all night, cheer and raising heck with everybody. I'm so I'm so happy to get this team back from what we used to be in the in the dark ages. So I just wanted to call in and say that I'm so happy.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you very much, appreciate the call. I'm I'm happy too.
Speaker 3: Like I said, not just Mark Pulp need this, our fan base needed this. We needed at least get to the second weekend of the nca tournament.
Speaker 1: I think Shannon put the headset on just second and I know that chicken's good, but it'll still be there. I want to interrupted dinner, I know, but I'll still be there. He's gonna be all right. I want to hear what he thought he was sitting. I looked up, and you were sitting on the second row. How'd you pull up those at a trip to referee? Just act like you belong there. That's the main thing, right, you were sitting like with the Illinois administration.
Speaker 17: I was, yeah, you know, this bumped a couple of times.
Speaker 18: I don't think they realized I was a Kentucky fan sitting there next to them. But overall, you know, just a great team effort. I thought, Uh, Kobe Brea shot exactly the amount of times that I wanted him to.
Speaker 17: He took sixteen shots, and I'm good with that.
Speaker 1: Have you been how many NCAA tournament games. Have you have you been to? I know what? I you actually okay, I was trying to think when was the last time you went to one? Because you didn't go to Pittsburgh. No, you didn't go to Indianapolis, went to Greensboro. You went to Greensboro. That's right, Yep, yep.
Speaker 18: The Kansas State game in Atlanta, we can forget about that when I was there. But yeah, I was just really happy with the way they played the night. And you know, I give him a really good chance against Tennessee. I think they've got a great chance.
Speaker 1: I think I got a great chance. We'll have a lot of time to talk about it about this week's Kentucky Sweet Sixteen is this week as well, so be very exciting.
Speaker 17: Now where did you watch the game? Did you go back to.
Speaker 1: Saint Kate's Arts Hotel?
Speaker 3: So would you he's undefeated?
Speaker 1: Would you like to know? Would you like to know my setup at the Saint Kate's. Saint Kate Arts Hotel also has like it's it's connected to like a bank or it's like a big I think they're like there their Milwaukee Theater is in there. It's like, you know, it's a big office building. Or something. And in that office building lobby is a television. So I found that the last game, and so I went back there and I was watching on the television and there was no one there but me, and then one man whose whole job it seemed to be was to tell people that the bathroom was locked and they couldn't come use it. So he saw me. There's no sound on the TV, right, So he saw me just likecking, rocking back and forth in front of the television, and I just kept looking at him, and he looked at me, like who are you and why are you standing in this building? And he came and he tapped me on the shoulder at one point and goes, just so you know, you can't use his restaurant. And I was like, I don't care about the restroom. I'm here watching this game in silence. I rocked back and forth for two hours straight.
Speaker 18: Just when you're swaying back in fourth in a bank, it probably makes you look really suspicious, like you're like something's about to go down.
Speaker 1: But I want to know how you get a job, the whole point of which is to stand in an empty lobby until people they can't use the restaurant.
Speaker 17: It's a great job.
Speaker 1: And I would also say the door's locked, you can't use it. And I wanted to be like, well, I feel like if it's locked, they don't even need you.
Speaker 17: Yeah, he's the one guy with the key right.
Speaker 2: Just locked.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna be to I.
Speaker 17: Don't want to understand you. Like we drove all the way from Kentucky to Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: Yes we did.
Speaker 18: The arena's right here, it's right there. You don't go to the game. You go to a hotel, Kate Art's Hotel, Bank Billy. Wait a minute.
Speaker 3: He goes to the game, but when it tips off, then he leaves like he's in.
Speaker 1: The arena comes back. When he leaves, I leave with like ten minutes on the clock so I can get to the hotel in time to watch the beginning of theaw Whatever works for you.
Speaker 17: I mean, we're two and oh here, so maybe you should come back.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, you know, it's we talked about. It's the waiting. I don't like the waiting. And then when you add the fact that the crowd was all Illinois, it was it was very It was like, I, you know, I don't I need to be able to walk away if I get frustra Yeah, you know, I need to be able to take a lap and come back.
Speaker 18: Kentucky did a great job of anytime the Illinois fans tried to get into it and try to take over.
Speaker 17: The loudest they got all night.
Speaker 18: Was when they cut it down to three, and at that point Kentucky came back, hit a shot and then it and they never really were.
Speaker 1: In they I mean, they didn't get it closer than six the entire second half. Yeah way, they scored on the first ten possessions of the second half Kentucky. Illinois scored a handful of times too, But Kentucky scored on the first ten possessions of the first.
Speaker 3: Half, and it seem like Otaga probably got most of them. You know, he didn get to play the first half. He comes in the second half, goes on ten.
Speaker 1: You come out at halftime scoring ten straight possessions.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good a coaching, pretty good, right.
Speaker 1: Go back and eat you with Okay, you're fine, al right, who's next? J wit jy wit? How are you? J witt up?
Speaker 19: Matt Jones? That coach ticon a lot sweeter to not cats it back, cats it back? In the sweet sixteen. That's all awesome picture of you and Pope. Tennessee fans they keep talking that crap with don scold them twice this year.
Speaker 12: What's one more butt whooping?
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's do butt whoop it.
Speaker 19: Toby brah stepped up in a big way. And the growth of Garrison and Chandler in the last five games. I need to be talked about more than I have been been unbelievable, Harris.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that play Garrison made at the end. I appreciate the call you got the n one, which obviously was great, But what about that defensive play. I thought he was about to foul that dude on a three and I was going to go absolutely in stands. Instead, he moves his body, misses him, and then with his hand knocks it off his leg. I don't know how he did it. I have a question because well, you were there, Billy. Well, I don't know, Billy. You may not know either. I didn't get hear the game broadcast. What was the controversy? Like, why were they? I mean it was it seemed to me it was clearly off the Illinois guy. What why was the Illinois coach arguing what were they? What were they? What was the controversy?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure. I didn't I didn't hear any of the game broadcasts, so I didn't take that.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell. It seemed like the coach was very angry. It didn't. I mean, I don't think he fouled him.
Speaker 3: It looked like they were arguing that they thought it went out on him, you know, just seeing it live action from that angle.
Speaker 1: Okay, but when they did the slow motion, I thought it hit him twice. I thought he hit't even the arm end though it no the Illinois guy. Yeah, oh, because wait a minute, you all wor at the game. You didn't get to see the correct so he flies through. I guess none of you also that saw it. He touches the ball, the ball kind of it. It looked to me like it grazed off his arm and then grazed off his leg. But I will say it wasn't like definitive, So I didn't know if I thought they might not overturn it, but then they did.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: But if you watch the trajectory of the ball, it had to have hit him, you know how balls like go in a different direction. There's no way it would have gone where it went if it hadn't hit off. But it was an amazing play. But I don't know if you could tell what an amazing play. He moved his body to keep from hitting him and then put his arm hit. It was for a dude seven feet tall. It was a heck of a plus.
Speaker 3: Seeing seeing it live. I don't know how he did it. I don't know how he got up there and then got that.
Speaker 1: I thought he was gonna find I don't think he did faulty. Even on the replay, I don't think he touched him. I think it was It was a pretty great play. Who's next?
Speaker 5: Hunter, Hunter?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Hunter?
Speaker 13: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Go for it?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 20: All right, hey man, how about calling Chandler baby?
Speaker 7: That was crazy? Are you on his?
Speaker 8: Are you on his?
Speaker 1: The train?
Speaker 21: Now that we gotta keep him for the offseason, He's going to be starting point guard.
Speaker 1: Come on, we're going to keep him. I think he. I I think they they. I think there will be five guys from this team that are on the team next year. Yeah, and he. I think he's back. I mean his wife just posted something on Instagram about how they were getting married and she was moving to Lexington to start her life. I don't think that's gonna be for like a month, so so I assume that means that they're they're back.
Speaker 16: Highly doubt it.
Speaker 21: Just a great win overall, and I am so I'm so excited to go against Tennessee.
Speaker 6: Let's go beat him, Let's go send Rick Barnes in a retirement, Let's go baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, well that's that's true. That's the word.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a lot of chatter that he may he may hang it up. We could kind of end that career maybe. And I like Rick Barts. I think he I think he seems like a good guy. I don't. I have no animosity towards Rickmore.
Speaker 3: He kind of seemed to own Cali Perry for whatever reason. He kind of beat Cali Peri here several times. But yeah, here Polpan's first year's beat the guy twice a team that was number one in the country for a loll for a while there.
Speaker 1: Yeah a five nine, two eighty seven. Who's next, Robert, Robert, go ahead, Robert, Hey, guys.
Speaker 7: I love my Mark Pope's excitement post game. I really think he felt like he was in that ninety six jersey again, and I'm really glad that you all got to embrace post game after that. I have one question, all hang up. You know Tennessee's gonna have a chip on their shoulder coming in this game Friday. What do you think are keys to success in this third matchup?
Speaker 16: Are?
Speaker 7: And also shots? My friend mister Hogan.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, we have been very blessed in both of the games against Tennessee that they have shot terribly in both games. I mean, I don't know what the number is, but they have. They have just thrown brick after brick up. If it wasn't for ego or I don't know that they would have made a three in any of those games. Obviously, we got to hope that happens again. I don't think you can plan for them to shoot as badly as they have shot, because they have shot awful both times against US. I think you just keep I mean, I think the game plan will be very similar. Shoot it good luck, yeah, you know. I mean I think we try to limit the both games, we tried to limit their their scoring inside and we've given them the outside shot and they haven't made it. And I think probably if it ain't broke.
Speaker 3: You do it again, right, Zakaiig I think was one of ten at Ropparena from three.
Speaker 1: So he is again knock on all the good. But as good as he is, he's really never played well against us.
Speaker 3: You know, uh, you know the first game down in Knoxville, we didn't even have Lamont Butler and he still was rattle, still didn't play.
Speaker 1: The only reason they were even in that game in Knoxville was that gainy kid. Yeah right, in Igor but both Lanier and the Linear played better in Rough But again Knoxville, they all they both.
Speaker 3: Played bad, and the gainy kid nobody in that game.
Speaker 1: Remember the game in Knoxville, we had like six.
Speaker 3: Players, that's right, that's one of our first game. I think, without Jackson and Lamont both. I think it seems to me like.
Speaker 1: That I watched that game on my phone at the New York Rangers hockey game, so I forgot that. Yeah, we'll do one more and we'll take our final break. Who's next, Josh, Josh, go ahead, Josh, Hey man, what's up?
Speaker 14: I thought it was funny that video that Mario put out that Mark Pope actually made you look like smaller than you actually are because you're not smaller.
Speaker 7: Josh.
Speaker 1: Sure, if you just see the still framed picture, we look like we're the same size. Watch the video you want a sense of how tall he is, Like, I'm like six three and a half and he towers up. Now he is on a platform, he's on the court, and now I'm under the court. But still you get a sense out to all of you.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's what I say too.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 22: But now, hey, my kids want to say one thing.
Speaker 1: No, thanks very much, Hey man, go be blue. I'm not shamed by height. I'm plenty tall, but that dude is another level of tall. I'm so happy for him.
Speaker 3: I mean, he needed this, Like I said, he's looking at the bracket and he sees Arkansas and BYU and the fleet sixteen. Pope needed this to get.
Speaker 1: Exactly And you know that's a good point. B Yu makes the sweet sixteen. Cow makes the sweet sixteen. Mark says, all right, I'll see it and I'll call I call you, and then he keeps going eight five to nine two a oh, twenty two eighty seven. We will take a break and come back. Final segment, eating wings in a random hotel bar. Uh I'm not to get this. Mario's first NCAA tournament. Come here, Mario, real quick, stop stop challing for a second, Come here, put this on. Come on, hurry up. We don't have time for your lolly gagon.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 1: All right, so this is your first ever NCAA turn. What did you think of it tonight? It was incredible. Man, I don't have much words to say.
Speaker 11: It's just a whole lot of excitement that I experienced.
Speaker 1: Man, have you caused another ruckus again?
Speaker 3: I did? What did I do?
Speaker 1: That dude took a picture of you? That was weird? A random dude. Dude was trying to take a picture of Tom Crean. I don't know why he wanted to picture of Tom Crean, but he did. But instead he just took a picture of Mario. He just walked up and took a picture of Mario. And again, I don't know, for some reason, I act like I'm your dad or something, because I'm always like, what are you doing? Why are you taking a picture of Mario? And he was like, I'm taking the picture of Tom Crean, and I go, you could have got closer to Tom creen Why, I mean, why are you getting He had more Mario in the picture than Tom Crean. You barely could see Tom Crean in that. But you keep getting me in fights. But what was that You had a big smile on your face when it was over. Man, I just can't believe we're here, Matt.
Speaker 11: And if you told me this and back in June when he got hired or April whatever he got hired, I would not believe that we would make it to the Sweet sixteen. And the crazy thing is we're doing this without Jackson is our best player, arguably our best player, and we're still doing it.
Speaker 1: And what if I told you sixteen months ago that you would be here, I mean, you were getting an enterprise. I wouldn't believe it.
Speaker 11: I'd probably be cleaning cars right about now, to be honest.
Speaker 1: But you dude, you deserve it. You I appreciate that. I'll be telling you right. Ryan can tell you he's the most famous person here. Definitely not Pee. But nobody even wants. Nobody wants to take people like Matt. Will you hold my phone so I can take a picture with Mario. That's where we is not accurate. That's where we are. We'll take a break and be right back. It's a Local Toy Dealers KSR postgame Hunter back. It is the local Toy Dealers KSR postgame show. Ole miss is up twenty on Iowa State twenty. So the SEC is gonna get seven teams in the Sweet sixteen, almost half if A and M had just held on against seven and one in the second round. Uh, they will, they'll be there. I think the Big Ten. We'll see what happens with Michigan State here and the Oregon Arizona as to how many they get in. But seven teams, one from the ACC, seven from the SEC.
Speaker 3: You know, and the Big ten were banging their chest. They were only there with a Big ten and oer they won their first ten games. I think they've kind.
Speaker 1: Of they've lost at least two today or they lost Uh yeah, so we'll see. Maryland did win. So the Big ten, I mean, you could end up a situation where like thirteen of this or twelve of the sixteen teams or Big ten or SEEC. You know, that's uh, that's pretty good. But seven teams, I mean, who would have ever thought? There were years where we were the only team in the Sweet sixteen from the SEC.
Speaker 3: There were years where Kentucky on Kentucky was like the only for sure fire sees, I mean, potential NCAA tournament team like maybe three Now to gets seven in the sweet sixteen is pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought Iowa State was good, but uh, I thought.
Speaker 3: They were real good.
Speaker 1: Ole Miss just destroying them in that same arena right down the Yeah, right down the street. They found nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. We have six people. We'll do it and then we'll call it a night and do this again in the morning. Who's next, Isaac, Isaac, go ahead, Isaac.
Speaker 21: Hey, guys, I just wanted to share a quick story about BBN. I thought it was cool. So I work at a local Kroger in Kentucky, and unfortunately I had to work tonight, so I had it on my phone and so I would just stalk while I was watching the game and put my phone on the court. At one point, I turned around and there was like a group of people to shopping, but they were like huddled around my phone just checking the score. I thought that was so crazy, so I just let them check it out and then we all kind of celebrated it because we were up by a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we were all huddled around. I appreciate the call. I was a huddle around Mark Story's phone watching the women's game for a little while tonight.
Speaker 3: And that's what we do, right, that's how you watch the end of the women's game.
Speaker 1: Well, until I roused it was on in the arena, I was like, I was, Jeff Drummond and Mark Story and I were huddled around the little cell phone. Then somebody goes, you know, it's playing out on the arena floor, and I was like, oh, okay, well.
Speaker 3: Might be a little bitter way to watch.
Speaker 1: A little bigger screen out there than it was.
Speaker 3: I hate that for the women that way. They lost the game and at home, but winning tonight sure makes it feel a little better.
Speaker 1: Yes. By the way, Rick Petino was wearing a scarf. Billy right now? Why does he wearing scar him?
Speaker 5: And Shannon the dude?
Speaker 1: But look he's indoors in the ring, he's at his son's game.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, he's wearing a scarf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why is he wearing a scarf? For five more? Who's nfitt Moffatt? How are you moffittt?
Speaker 7: I'm good man.
Speaker 22: It's hard to complain after a win like that.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 22: Normally I try and get my two little girls on here to say go big Blue, but they fell asleep tonight. They'll listen to this tomorrow, Scarlett Lucy, I love you. I haven't heard anybody talk about Andrew Carr yet. I love Andrew Carr. Whenever he's got the ball, I feel like I can take a deep breath. That's about all I've got to contribute to this tonight, Go cast, go big Blue. Let's get a three peete on Tennessee's.
Speaker 1: Appreciate I appreciate its call. I completely agree with you. Andrew Carr has really stepped up and been uh and been awesome, and I agree. I feel some some confidence when he gets the ball, Ryan like I, you know, this is it. We're in good shape, and he may he makes big plays.
Speaker 3: He's become a battler down the paint. I mean he he finishes you know, Mari again, finishing at Tyne. Why he just dunk it. You know, just said we try to lay it in. But Andrew, yes, he did. Andrew carrs become a battler down of the paint.
Speaker 1: Drew Franklin has now just appeared here. Drew h that was awesome. One that you and I have been there wasn't awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm absolutely soaked it out of breath. That was the worst tom Inte walk in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is poor, all right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're gonna beat the hell out of Tennessee.
Speaker 1: But that was. But listen you and when we were you and I were sitting there next to each other in Pittsburgh when things kind of fell apart last year against Oakland. Kind of cool to see back where it needs to be.
Speaker 2: Absolutely it's uh, Kentucky's right where God intended them to be. Moving on the NCAA tournament. Uh, Indy's got a little bit of a curse. But this is a new era, a new team, a new attitude, a new and excited fan base, and we're gonna break that curse and take down the balls.
Speaker 1: You know, we've had two very painful losses there with the Wisconsin and Saint Peter's, but we also have two amazing wins, that Louisville win and the Michigan win. That Aaron Harrison shots were in Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: Too, they were before the recent curse.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The twenty fifteen is when everything went south. I'm ready to go exercise these demons. I don't know if Ryan kept that sage that we picked up in Denver, but we might want to take that with us. But just thrilled about the win tonight. That was an absolute whooping led for thirty seven and a half minutes. Anytime they'd try to come back, Kentucky always had a good answer. I mean, that was all Kentucky all night.
Speaker 1: You were in the postgame press conference, I heard some of it. Anything stuck out to you.
Speaker 2: They're really funny and loose, and I think that it's easy to be funny and loose when you just want a game, but I kind of feel like they were like that all night.
Speaker 1: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: For the game, they kind of seemed like they were cutting up a lot.
Speaker 1: So I had someone tell me, I won't call them out, but somebody tell me that they were a little worried in the first game that they saw Mark Pope before the game and they were like, he's tenser than he normally is. And then they said, tonight he looked like the Mark Pope that we've seen most of the season. He just had a looser feel to him. I'd be interested. I almost asked him that, and then I was like, well, I don't want him to know who told me this, so Ali, but I wonder what that was because he did seem very loose before.
Speaker 2: The game, and without really being among him and close to him, he don't really know what they're going through. But it did seem like they were out there to have a lot more fun. It didn't feel a lot of pressure like some teams do. And I think that's why it was what it was. Illinois led with five to four and then it was that was it.
Speaker 1: So uh Amari Williams told that they told this story that apparently he you know, he's he's British and he eat what's what's the name of the weed to bix? So I guess he eats something called weed a bix When he was growing up, it was it looked to me like it was like shredded wheat, you know, the cereal shredded wheat, but it's called weed a bix. And uh, I guess he had toast before the first game and he buys it in Lexington weed to bix at some international grocery store. But when he was up here, they didn't have weed to bix and they thought Amari had not given as much effort in the first game because he didn't have his wheet to bix, so they sent a manager to go get whatever weed a bix is. It's like a British shredded wheat cereal, and I guess they found it at some store here in Milwaukee. They brought him weed a bix. He apparently it's cereal. He apparently eats the cereal with hot milk, so not cold milk. He was like, you Americans use cold milk on cereal. We use warm milk. So they got the hotel, Saint Kate Art's Hotel shout out, you've been good to us this trip. They got them to make warm milk, and Mark Pope and Brandon Garrison and Amari Williams. I guess they decided in unison to eat wheata bix and to get Amari to tell the story. Mark Pope was like, I want to get you an nil deal, tell the story, and I will bet you between now and Friday something wheat to bix and Amari Williams is gonna happen, definitely.
Speaker 2: I Like, someone asked how it tastes, and Mary's like, it doesn't taste that good. And Pope went no, no, say that again. He goes, Actually it's outstanding, looking right at the camera. So, like I said, that was part of them being fun and goofy. I felt good. Talked to English breakfast with the Mari last summer, so I'm glad breakfast is a big part of his routine.
Speaker 1: What do you think about cereal and warm milk?
Speaker 3: I think it sounds absolutely disgusting because.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what if somebody in Lexington wants to bring some wheat to Bix to the bar day Tuesday at the show, I would love to see some warm wheat to bixs cereal on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: And it's not like the cereal rod eats that's in a box and it's got a little word search on the back. It's like a brick that you actually have to break up into pieces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think its wheats off.
Speaker 1: But well, first of it's not for loops.
Speaker 2: You'll have to branch out.
Speaker 1: We're in Lexington, they said, do we We don't have a British grocery.
Speaker 2: I don't think he gets it in like, I don't think he's had it in like a long time, and that's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he hasn't had it. I don't think he's had.
Speaker 2: They found it somewhere around here.
Speaker 1: So Milwaukee got him the wheat to bis and the warm milk.
Speaker 2: So but on a mari another coast to coast dunk. I mean, I know he was missing every layup in the beginning the game. We were ripping our hair out. But that was fun to watch him when he turned.
Speaker 1: It was, by the way, I just had our friend Jamie Shambari just said she just ordered weed to Bis from Amazon. I wonder if they're gonna see like this huge in sales in Kentucky and be like, what is going on in Kentucky right now?
Speaker 2: Well, no, but I know I'll probably it's wheet a bis w E E T A b I X.
Speaker 1: Well before the game in India, he better have.
Speaker 3: Just we'll just light it up breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Speaker 1: Let me meet it all right, I got four more. Just let me give you a quick schedule tomorrow. We're gonna be wherever we stop on the interstate tonight, Uh, probably somewhere in in uh maybe maybe somewhere between Chicago and Indianapolis. I don't know where we're gonna end up stopping. Tuesday, we will be at ks Bar. Wednesday, we will be at Sweet sixteen. Thursday, we will be at ks Bar. Not sure what we're doing yet Friday, because I'm going to Opening Day Thursday after the show as well. Opening Day. That's I'm hoping they're playing. If I get up there and it's two more teams, I'm going to be very disappointed if that happens. Four more. Who's next, Danny, Danny, go ahead, Danny.
Speaker 13: Yeah. I was thinking about a Mari Williams. Why does he miss so many shots down low? He acts like he's a guard. He should dunk some of those. Uh think about what how the points spread could have been with him, you know, making better decisions.
Speaker 1: You know, we won.
Speaker 13: Though I do, I do, and we lost games throughout the year because.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the call. The Cats are in the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was a little slow Star on layups. They figured it out. They're only six per tent at halftime. It felt worse, but it was six or ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, he missed layups and he does need to do better at that. I thought he played a great second half. I thought he was actually I thought he actually had a really poor first half. But I actually thought He played a great second half.
Speaker 3: He had a pass where he saw it and Kobe Brad should have cut to the basket because Amario laid it in there just perfect bread though didn't make the cut. I mean they have that vision like he's a point guard. Was pretty amazing to watch that.
Speaker 2: He still hit Brey on one later in the game, though he did.
Speaker 1: Our friend Tall wanted me to tell you, Drew he we are three and oh when he wears his Snoopy Kentucky shirt? All right, and snoopy shirt he has his shirt Kentucky is a Kentucky shirt with Snoopy, which I feel like it's one of the many ridiculous shirts he wears. But we're three and oh with that shirt Snoopy going. He didn't wear it for the Friday SEC Tournament game and we all lost. So we're three and oh in the postseason with the Snoopy shirt. You're telling me we could have won the SEC. We could have won the SEC Tournament. Tall, I expect the Snoopy shirt on Friday. Who's next, Matt?
Speaker 12: Matt, go ahead and Matt, how you doing, mister Jones, I just want to say gold, big blue, and it's feel great. To be back in the Sweet sixteen. Been a few years since we made it out of so we made some noise. Coach Pope, welcome, welcome home, team, stay tough, playing.
Speaker 1: Hard, appreciate the call. Now do we do? Do we get a huge crowd in there in Indy? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I think it'll be a massive crowd, But I think Tennessee and Perdue will also have massive crowds.
Speaker 1: With the price is right now they get in because that's a big arena too. Area has a lot of tickets. What do we what do we think it's gonna be? Someone said they're doing at the Football Stadium. I wouldn't think that'd be the case. Is that accurate? They don't usually do the Final Four at the Football Statement at the Football States.
Speaker 2: I'd be surprised that I could have been lied to. But it'll still be a tough ticket. You know, Tennessee, they're excited. They probably don't love seeing Kentucky in the way because we love to remind them that they don't have a Final four and we can knock them out before they get a chance to play for that. But I think they'll travel well. And Perdue being right down the street, it right now the get in price, it looks like it is. It's at Lucas Oil.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hell, it is at the football stadium, so even though it is at the Okay, but they're not using the whole stadium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, so.
Speaker 1: They're only using like, actually they're not they're using like a third of it. So it's probably twenty five thousand.
Speaker 3: Maybe probably somewhere like that.
Speaker 1: The get in price right now though, is two hundred and forty nine dollars to sit in Section six twenty eight.
Speaker 3: I suspect in the cheapest.
Speaker 1: Seed is in the lower level. Yeah, six hundred and fifty six dollars.
Speaker 2: You got that on your rine. Our buzzer beater cast we can use that.
Speaker 3: You did you want the buzzer beater in the timement?
Speaker 1: What? Three more? Two more? Who's next?
Speaker 5: Dwayne?
Speaker 13: Dwayne?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Dwayne.
Speaker 23: Yeoh, thanks for taking the call. Damn, I forgot what I was going to ask you.
Speaker 1: Come on, Dwayne, we just made the Sweet sixteen. I know you can remember what you were going to ask. Let me let me see if I can help basketball. We beat Illinois? Uh Weeda Bicks. Oh yeah, see, I knew I get it. The wied to Bix is what did it go ahead?
Speaker 23: No, it wasn't it. It was the guy the cold insect?
Speaker 13: Can you hear me?
Speaker 23: And you there was such disdain in your voice when you're like, yes, I can hear.
Speaker 1: You, No disdate, I'm I'm very happy.
Speaker 23: And then the next thing is you hate shout out, But I want to give a shout out to my buddy bar Green, who is a huge mass of Kentucky fan. And then I want to talk to Ron Lemon because phone, yes, I know a lot of people in Indianapolis, and I'm gonna have them go to all the Tobico stores and buy up all the chewing tobacco. So there's the when the women come to Indianapolis they can't find their chew in tobacco.
Speaker 1: That made me laugh. I'm not gonna lie to you. Well done, Dwayne. I appreciate Wayne.
Speaker 3: With the call of the night. He's gonna buy up all the times.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna talk about Tennessee women and chewing tobacca this week?
Speaker 3: Every day? This week?
Speaker 1: Every day?
Speaker 3: Because it's a fact. It happened. It's not I just didn't make it up. The Tennessee women chew tobacco and they spin it on your shoes. When you're at the football games, they spin on your shoes. Yes, you have to be careful you Tennessee women spit on your shoes. Yes, I kind of feel.
Speaker 1: Like you haven't had that happen. Where is Shannon? Always wondering where did he go? We did lose Shannon Shannan.
Speaker 2: By the way, when I walk into this is like an elegant ballroom with chandeliers.
Speaker 1: I didn't think you all to be up here. Yeah, I don't think that woman goes you all are staying here, aren't you? And I went, no, Well, I'm a Hilton Rewards member. I'm an you think that's some of the bronze Hilton member. You think the Hiltonwards members? Okay, what we weren't supposed to say where we were. We're good, We're finished it, so it doesn't matter what MOREJ CJ? How are you? CJ?
Speaker 7: I'm good.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 20: Damn, that's a tough shoes to follow for for Dwayne.
Speaker 1: But I've got a.
Speaker 20: Couple of things. One, I'm trying to figure out of way to explain to my girlfriend why it's justified for me to be up and pacing and shouting and waving my arms around like a crazy person when I watch these UK games. And then the other the other thing is is when well, let you all.
Speaker 1: Remember a time you speak to Let me speak to your girlfriend on that. Okay, ask your second question, and then I'll finish the show by speaking to your girlfriend. Go ahead, all right, all right, all right, all right.
Speaker 20: My other question for you guys is, can you all remember a time where there's a there's a possibility of there being the all four final four teams being SEC teams.
Speaker 16: There there's a there's a.
Speaker 1: Road for that happening. Has that ever happened before? Yeah? I mean the Big East had three in eighty five. I don't I appreciate the call. I'm not sure that. I'm not sure that another conference has ever had three. The ACC may have had three one time, but it does not happen very often. Rarely happens with two. That happens a decent amount. But now you guys a chance to get three. As far as the final thing to your girlfriend, who's like why asking her boyfriend? Why are you pacing around acting like a lunatic? You know, I thought about this while I was standing in the bank lobby with the guy telling people not to go to the bathroom on a Sunday night in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. You knows, as society moves on, we get more and more like in our own worlds. These phones put us like in our own individual life where we can choose to focus on things and the person that lives next to us has no idea what we do. We don't watch the same TV shows, We don't d you know, we don't listen to the same music, we don't see the same movies. A lot of the community aspect of life that was there, like even when I was a kid, just isn't there is as much as any anymore. We all kind of live in our own spaces. But I think that does make it to when there's something collective that it's even more beautiful. When there's something that binds people together that is greater than them, it becomes even more beautiful. And the best thing about Kentucky basketball to me, it's not winning, even though it's great to win. It's not the talent, it's not any of this. It is a community. What has been difficult the last few years is everybody knows that the community part of this just hasn't felt the same in the last few years, it just hasn't the community aspect of Big Blue Nation. It just hasn't felt quite as coherent. And along comes Mark Pope, who understands the community part of it better than any coach we've ever had. Remains to be seen if he'll be as good a winner as these other people will. I think he can be. We'll see. But when it comes to the community aspect of what it means to be a Kentucky fan, what it leads me to sit and rock in a bank building, You to go crazy in your house and have your girlfriend think you're insane. These people to come sit here on a Sunday night and sit with us drinking beer in a hotel lobby. What brings that all together is this idea of Big Blue Nation as a community. That's what made KSR. That's what makes Tom Leach, Kaywood led for Ralph Hacker, Jack Gibbons, Mike prattt if. What's what makes them feel like they're a part of our lives And tonight was another example of that community at its best. I personally I've said this to Mark. I said it to him a few weeks ago. I think Mark Pope for bringing that back, because that's what makes Kentucky basketball special. It's what makes us act the way we do, and it's why you guys are listening and why we're staying up in the middle of the night, and it's why we're gonna go beat Tennessee next Friday in Indianapolis. Thank you, folks very much for listening. We appreciate it, all right, I thank you very much. It's been an awesome night, awesome weekend here in Milwaukee. Let's go walk to our car and get drenched and get on the road and we'll see you later. This has been the local Toyota Dealers KSR postgame show