Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jetty I know he Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 2: The ambush targeting US Border Patrol agents outside a facility in McCallan, Texas. Authority say, a gunman armed with an AR style rifle open fire. A suspect killed in a shootout there. Three people were wounded, including two officers.
Speaker 3: There's bent nosed, overly tight T shirt wearing Democratic activists. David mrs report on ABC News. We'll have much more detail for you in a minute, but out troubling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd say I think that you're talking about OLiS, New York City. They had a whole bunch of stuff down at Battery Park where you get on the boats to go out to Statue Liberty. We didn't do that, but they apparently were concerned about some sort of giant immigration protest because there are tons of like in riot gear cops around and all of your immigration monuments sort of stuff barricaded off. Yeah, because there's a there's a you know, there's a growing violent wing of this topic. Well, and the irony of roping off barricading off isn't immigration great monuments?
Speaker 3: Is kind of odd, but I get it. For a little more report here, a little more detail. Rather, here's Jonathan Hant on Fox News.
Speaker 5: It was just before six am when the shooter opened fire outside a Border patrol annex in McAllen, Texas. Border Patrol agents and local police returned fire, hitting and killing the shooter, who was armed with an assault rifle. There were many, many, many dozens of rounds fired from by by suspect towards the building and towards agents in that building. The Border patrol facility was left riddled with bullet holes. One McCallan police officer was hitting the knee by either a bullet or shrapnel. A car, apparently driven by the shooter was found in the Border patrol parking lot and contained, according to the police chief, substantial amounts of ammunition and weapons.
Speaker 4: You know, just in general the topic of immigration and cracking down on illegals. Man, there are so many more news cycles of this to go to see where we're going to land as a national opinion, because the stuff out of la which we've talked about a little bit and we're going to talk about more with the mayors trying to get a good photo op of defiantly standing up to ice raids and that sort of stuff where they rolled through a park and we're looking for illegals and booting them ount and not just criminals, but people are here illegally, although that is the law. So that's part of you know where we're gonna end up on this story. We're gonna change the law, We're gonna enforce the law. What other law laws a we're gonna choose to ignore. I mean, I don't know where we're gonna end up as a country on this.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I was just gonna say, because there are a couple of possible results. Number one the Armstrong plan, which I really like. I'm not sure it'll work, but is force the issue? Say no, we're going to enforce the law as it's written. Oh you hate it, well, then change the law. Let's get together. In Congress, they write laws according to schoolhouse rock, so.
Speaker 1: Let's do this. Or America says, oh this is all too ugly. That was my gardener.
Speaker 3: That's the nice family that's lived down the street for ten years.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was legally this.
Speaker 3: Is too mean. We can't do this, and we'll go back to our kind of ignoring the law culture. Wow, that one of two possibilities.
Speaker 4: Surely we're not gonna end up in that second spot, which one.
Speaker 1: Would be easier for people? Right right?
Speaker 3: This is Trisia McLaughlin, who's an assistant DHS secretary.
Speaker 6: Tragically, it's a seven hundred percent increase and assaults against our ice enforcement officers. And what these Democrat politicians continue to do, whether it be Karen Mass, Gavin Newso, Timwalls, or AOC is they villainize, demonize, and attack our ice enforcement officers and they give a free pass and actually egg on these unhinged lunatics who go after our ice enforcement officers. This administration, under President Trump and Secretary Nome, we are not having it. And if you put a single hand on our law enforcement, you will be arrested. You will be prosecuted to the fullest ex sent of the law.
Speaker 3: So one of the more troubling and interesting trends going on right now is you have these ad hoc groups that are coming together to try to oppose and interfere with ICE, and the free press is writing about it, and they started with this guy in Ireland who for some reason thinks this is the great standing up against the oppressor's cause of the moment, and so he's organized a website that publishes the names, photos, and social media profile links of ICE agents in the US, even though he's not an American. This is the newest battleground America's war over immigration. The dramatic escalation and arrests blah blah blah is fueling grassroots efforts aimed at thwarting ICE everywhere it goes. What began as a frenzy of ad hoc social media post has turned into apps, hotlines, neighborhood focused groups on nextdoor, and websites like people over Papers, which are allegedly trying to expose the identities and locations of ICE agents and even the hotels where they're staying to provoke protests and shame the hotel operators.
Speaker 4: I don't know where America is going to land on this, I really don't, but I tend to believe. I mentioned Sarah Izger of The Dispatch, who knows a lot about issue polling, that even if it polds poorly, booting out illegals who have done nothing else wrong man, I think at the end of the day, being just known as were the ones doing something about illegal immigration is going to be a win.
Speaker 3: You could be right going forward future electoral cycles that sort of thing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you absolutely could be right. Like I said, I don't know, I just had kind of an the opposite thought going through my head.
Speaker 1: I think Stephen Miller is over the top. Oh.
Speaker 3: I think he really needs to rein it in a little bit, not for reasons of being right or wrong, but just in terms of understanding where the public is pr Wise, if I were advising Trump, I would say, go with the most righteous deportations you can, all the time, as many criminals as you can, people with you know, serious violations, even kind of middling violations. Fear clear of the kindly, you know, landscape guy carpenter, the hotel maid who's never done anything wrong, because that is going to, bit by bit chip away at the support you get from the American people for doing some of the stuff, because some of it's just some of it's tough, some of it's a little ugly, some of it's sad, and the American people, especially these days, don't have a lot of appetite for difficult and sad man.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: So what is there six hundred seven hundred thousand illegals that have a criminal They added that they committed crime, so you can easily justify booting them out and that leaves what fifteen million illegals that that's you know, fish, where the fish are in terms of booting people out.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of people. Yeah, you're right, you're right, And I might be wrong about this. It might just be sheer bulk will win the day. That's not my sense of it. But you know, the media works to establish the narrative that I was kind of, you know, pitching thinking about out loud.
Speaker 1: So I don't I don't know any thoughts.
Speaker 3: You can drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and getdy dot com. What's the smarter tach the administration could take to keep the support of the American people.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what I was thinking about the whole you know, change law. You don't like it, change the law, but the current law is you can't be here legally, we boot you out.
Speaker 1: So that's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Maybe they don't want to talk about that when you've got a republic in Congress. But when the Democrats take back the House, which they I think they almost certainly will, because that's pretty much what always happens after a president's election elected. They lose the House first first the next election. Man, if the Democrats are in charge, Trump could hammer that all the time, and I think could be in a pretty good political position. You don't like what we're doing, change the law, go ahead, pass a law then what could be?
Speaker 1: And uh it would be a lot lot harder to do than they think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So a quick word from our friends at Trust and Will. If you want to do something really really awful to your your kids and your family, I mean like really awful, die without a Trust and or will and let them fight it out with the government in courts forever to.
Speaker 1: See your wishes executed.
Speaker 3: Or you can go to Trust and Will dot com slash armstrong and get started easily on the process you know you ought to.
Speaker 1: Do, starting at just one hundred and ninety nine bucks.
Speaker 4: You can go to the website and get started today, and you start, you know, filling in the blank spots with names and addresses and dates and births and social Security numbers and documents. You download and if you get into a snag, they've got all kinds of help with a phone call or a chat or an email, and they can walk you through this whole thing. And you can be managing this thing yourself. It's not that hard.
Speaker 1: And listen to this.
Speaker 3: You can create and manage your custom estate plan starting at just one hundred and ninety nine bucks, a fraction of what you'd pay with an attorney, security your assets, protect your loved ones with trust, and will get twenty percent off on your estate plan documents by visiting Trust and will dot com slash Armstrong. That's trust and will dot com slash Armstrong.
Speaker 4: So the immigration thing has got many, many more news cycles, as I said, many more layers to it. I have no idea how it's going to play out over time. It certainly seems that the Trump administration is hell bent on continuing to prosecute their case, and we'll see how the public reacts to it. They don't, well, maybe they do. I was about to say, they don't want a lot of photo ops like yesterday where you got guys who looked like they're dressed up for Fallujah going through a park with a bunch of little Mexican kids playing. I don't think that's a good look. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe that's a better I don't know. I have no idea how that's going to turn out well. And just on a practical level is it's practical politics. I'm not talking principle now as I usually am and ranting and raving about, but purely practically. I was making the joke the other day We're having a big remodel project done on our house, and I was joking with friends Donald J let's just keep it cool until they're done with my house plays because it is remarkable the number of Spanish speakers who are in the construction trade, both coasts and the middle of the country.
Speaker 1: It's really quite exceptional.
Speaker 3: And though employers, and I've actually talked to a number of employers about this, they try to verify who's who, But between the imperfections the verified program, the ease of getting fake documents, and the rest of it, sometimes they're suspicious but.
Speaker 1: They don't know.
Speaker 3: So if over and over and over again people's housekeeper, their gardener, their construction crew, their hotel staff, their meat.
Speaker 4: Packing staffy, that would really hit people harder. Consider of any kind.
Speaker 3: Your nanny, the great fabulous waiter at your favorite diner.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: All these people are disappearing. That's gonna hurt support. I just I'm super curious to see which way it goes.
Speaker 4: Do you suffer from RBF resting bitch faces? It's called that's a course term. There's there anything you can do about it. Gonna talk about that coming up, among other things. Also, man, this new study out about kids which has me highly troubled.
Speaker 1: It should trouble everyone. We'll get to that.
Speaker 4: Lots of good stuff on the way. So I got a question for I guess anybody on the staff. Uh so it could be you know, anybody who works with me. This is I know, and I know what the answer is going to be. And there's a point to this that can help you. You the listener, If you suffer from RBF resting bitch face, which is a common thing.
Speaker 1: Do I jack?
Speaker 4: Do I come off as unapproachable when really I'm just this is just my normal face.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I see everybody hesitating. Let me lead the problem. Million percent. I have sat in meetings thinking, oh my god, you're radiating hate.
Speaker 4: So that's the first question on the whole Do you have RBF and what to do about it? Thing that I came across. I've been working on this for two weeks and I think I'm getting somewhere.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, yeah, so some of it is.
Speaker 4: And I came to this idea on my own, but actually did a research and it's a common thing.
Speaker 1: Practicing neutral expressions.
Speaker 4: It's the whole resting bitch face is just you know, maybe you were born that way or for some reason, a lot of people with age you just get used to like, you know, your muscles relaxing and falling and you're the falling muscles of your face kind of puts you in a frown for a lot of people. And I know I've known lots of people older people like that happens regularly with old people where you see a guy or a woman who just looks so grumpy and you engage them at all and they just light up with a beaming smile.
Speaker 1: They're not at all. That's just their face sagging. But why do you laugh at that, Kittie? Like God, I can just picture you saying that to somebody. Oh, you're actually quite pleasant in your face was just sagging.
Speaker 3: You're not a nasty human, right, and they're thinking I was thinking the same thing of you.
Speaker 1: Yes, psycho killer looking bastard.
Speaker 4: There are practical things you can do if you're concerned about resting bitch face, or as friends have told me, I've got our MF resting murdery face like a step beyond RBA. Whether you're trying to change how others perceive you or feel more approachable, and here's a rundown of your options.
Speaker 1: Practice neutral expressions in the mirror.
Speaker 4: I had been doing that, and now I've been walking around with what I hope is at least a neutral expression on my face most of the time. Slightly lift the corners of your mouth to create a softer, more approachable, resting face. You can also practice relax brows if you got furrow brows.
Speaker 1: I don't have that, but I do have the mouth thing.
Speaker 4: Even if your face seems serious, open posture eye contact can off set it also, But intentional smiling is a big thing. Try the soft smile when you're in social settings, barely upturned lips, not no need.
Speaker 1: For a full grin. That's the thing I've been troubled by.
Speaker 4: OHI okay, so it was kind of late. Yeah, it was kind of fun. I was on vacation, so you know, I'm around people I don't know. So I was able to practice it a lot and I got results, and I was I was comfortable practicing because I don't know. If I practiced, you know, if I first started practicing around here, people are gonna say are you okay?
Speaker 1: Are you constipated? Or do you want something?
Speaker 4: Or if you go too far with the silly grin, you know, it's like, are you gonna kill me? I mean, what is happening right now? What are we doing here? Why do you have that look on your face? But I noticed, and this is so crazy. I was going around with the kind of neutral, slightly upturned expression and getting a no noticeably better result out of people that I interacted with, whether it's just somebody at the coffee shop or just walking down the street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I've been doing this my whole.
Speaker 4: Life, walking down the street looking like I want to kill you and and radiating hate as Joe said, and uh and and and getting an immediate result by trying to change that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: There's a a person who I love very much you will remain nameless, who has the who has had to learn not to be completely transparent when you've lost her interest, Like she'll tell a story, then you'll tell a story and you'll just see click that moment, I totally lost interest you. And we have been working on a oh my god, cheerfully attentive look.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, oh, I'm doing it right now, right, So it's better. I like it.
Speaker 4: It's it's I feel we're no longer a free and you know what's interesting about it, the whole just it's kind of similar like with stretching, you just get used to your muscles being in a certain way. In my face, in my mind, it feels like I'm grinning like the Joker from Batman. But I look in the mirror and it's just completely neutral because my muscles are so formed to frown. So it's gonna take I gotta I gotta make sure I check on a daily basis so I don't end up walking the halls grinning like a homicidal lunatic.
Speaker 1: Well see that's the idea across the line right here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like nice, Yes, nice, very good.
Speaker 4: It feels really uncomfortable and unnatural for me. But like I said, I've been getting better result results. So give it a whirl see if you can change it. And of course the idea with like with stretching and lifting rates or whatever or posture is it becomes your habit and it just becomes normal and natural and you don't have to try anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know how long that will take.
Speaker 3: Well sumbs up for the resting pleasant face, thumbs down for the state of America's kids, whether you're a parent or not, Folks, we need to band together. We need to be aware of this and realize our kids' hearts and souls are at steak on a number of different fronts.
Speaker 4: It's getting worse, not better, even with all our recognition.
Speaker 1: So stay tuned.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: On the fourth of July, Kambla Harris.
Speaker 3: Posted quote, things are probably going.
Speaker 1: To get worse before they get better.
Speaker 4: That's also how she starts her speaking engagements.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's interesting. I don't watch Gutfeld.
Speaker 4: He's got a really interesting style and delivery, and he gets great ratings.
Speaker 3: And he's a Kamala kicker for sure. God, i'd say subject of many of his jabs. I'd say, by the way, going back, just one segment on the you know, changing your facial expression as an adult.
Speaker 4: That's an interesting idea. I don't think most of us think about it much. But can you, you know, midlife, decide I'm going to have a different.
Speaker 1: Look on my face all the time. I guess you can if you practice it.
Speaker 4: But one of the things I had to get over is I abhor phoniness, always have my whole life. I'm I'm practically holding call field in that way read catcher in their eye. I just I can't stand phoniness. So the idea of having a phony expression bothers me. But I overcome that or may reminding myself the I want to kill you expression is not real. So so I'm getting rid of I'm getting rid of a phony expression, is what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's accidental.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's gravity, or or the fact that I hate most people. Oops, I let that slip up.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute.
Speaker 4: So this is troubling, and this is not new. It's something we've talked about a lot. But there is a brand new study that just came out. And I actually went to the study itself, because sometimes that's handy. Though you have to skip over all the scientific gobbly gook to get somebody to condense it for you. But the study itself was here was the question that the researchers asked, how has US children's health, chronic conditions, obesity, functional status symptoms changed from two thousand and seven to twenty twenty three. It does not say here why they chose two thousand and seven. It seems like an interesting coincidence that's where the smartphone arrived, but I don't think that's the reason they did it.
Speaker 1: What were the findings?
Speaker 4: Trends have significantly worsened for child mortality, chronic physical, developmental mental health conditions, obesity, sleep health, early puberty, limitations in activity, and physical and emotional symptoms significantly worsened in all those categories since two thousand and seven. And we were talking about this in two thousand and seven on how bad it was and how much more overweight, depressed, anxious, can't sleep kids were, and it's gotten significantly worse since then.
Speaker 1: Good lord, it's nightmarish.
Speaker 4: They don't have a why. I mean, this research wasn't. Their thing wasn't to try to figure out the why. It was just to measure the changes. And the headline at least in Fortune Magazines version of what was kids or the canaries in the coal mine. I don't exactly understand what that means. I mean, I understand the expression.
Speaker 3: I think they are well, you know, I have my own theories about this, which we've discussed many times. I'm share with Jonathan Height among other researchers, and Peter Vagoshin and some others. But the canary in the coal mine of the digital world, the digital connected smartphone world, the world susceptible to the poison gases of no real interaction, no running around and relating to people, just staring at screens.
Speaker 4: Wow, I didn't talk about that. That was such a fight on vacation. Such a fight on vacation. And you know, kids have always been bored by museums in a variety of things. But trying to get my kids interested in anything when their brains have been adjusted to the modern world of instant gratification and input and sort of stuff like that really really.
Speaker 1: Hard, never ending shots of endorphins. That's super.
Speaker 4: And if they were going to be completely honest with me, I think ninety percent of the time on vacation, if I gave them the choice between what we were doing and sitting in the room looking at the phone. They would have absolutely chose and sitting in the hotel room looking at their phone like percent of the time, and too often for me, you know, I gotta fight the urge myself. So man, it was, it was, It was noticeable. I was thinking about how different it was from when I was their age and my parents. Just whatever we were doing was better than nothing. Who's my other alternative? But they're better than nothing. Is the world in their hand in terms of endorphins, right, And that's troubling. So that's got to play a role in it. But listen to this one of the lead researchers. The surprising part of the study wasn't any with any single statistic. It was that there were one hundred and seventy different indicators. We looked at eight data sources, all showing the same thing, a worsening, a generalized decline in kids' health. One hundred and seventy indicators. They're all going the wrong direction. That is, that's a disaster.
Speaker 3: It's a national emergency, it's a global emergency.
Speaker 1: And I'm not trying to be funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it says here the health of kids in America is not as good as it should be obs but not as good as other countries. That's interesting. Is it just because we're the leading edge of smartphone stuff?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: How are we on the whole free range parent thing compared to other countries. I don't actually know that. I know that there's plenty of nanny statism in other ways in Europe, for instance, policing of speech, which we ought to talk about at some point.
Speaker 4: But I wonder about that. Yeah, I know, I work on that more than I used to. I sent my kids out while we were in New York a couple of times by themselves. We were staying right in Times Square, which if you haven't been there recently, it's like your local strip mall and it's just got so little character. But anyway, although the Times Square almost still charming, it's like fifty.
Speaker 1: Almost running around all of them.
Speaker 4: Yes, but both my kids it went out, you know, go do this or figure that out or and then you know, so you got to navigate the world. You got to navigate the getting in out of the hotel and up and down the elevator and across the street and talking to somebody at the Canes Chicken. Whys are a Cane Chicken in Times Square? Why are you going to New York? You spent all this money to travel there. You're staying in a hotel, even if it's a cheap hotel, it's an expensive hotel because of the taxes. And you're eating at Cane's Chicken and shopping at Old Navy.
Speaker 1: Who are you? Why are you an old lady? There's an old Navy in your town. I don't understand what you're doing. I know the homogenization of America.
Speaker 4: It's horrifying any who I let them go out and navigate the world with just that in mind. What we've been talking about, that that's supposed to be really good for your anxiety and emotional development.
Speaker 3: But at the risk of repeating myself, but I say, so little that's worth hearing. If I hit on something that is, you know, I kind of lean on it. Imagine if you were to gather the great philosophers of history, the great religious leaders, or whomever you think you know has the most wisdom and say, look, I got this idea. I am going to invent a device that people can have with them all the time that will give them pleasure whenever they want it. So much pleasure they don't even look for any other pleasure. Not only that, but it will eliminate boredom, so they never have to invent a way to a themselves, or go out and look for something interesting, or go interact with people. They're never poured, and they always have pleasure. What do you think, Jesus? What do you think, Buddha? What do you think? Abraham Lincoln? Or whoever you want to ask? Please, the answer.
Speaker 1: Would be universal.
Speaker 4: This is not that hard, and it will speed up your mind in such a way that everything else that people have ever enjoyed is unenjoyable.
Speaker 3: It's too dull, right, Oh that's right. And it's addictive. It's physically addictive. To Jesus the Great, you know, man of peace, he'd punch you right in the face for even suggesting it.
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 3: Theologians differ, but he'll return the temples, the tables at the temple.
Speaker 1: Right. He might have punched Steve Jobs in the face.
Speaker 4: I think he was angry that day. I think that, Oh that'll do it. We're talking about this in twenty eleven. Joe and I have been doing this show since the mid forties. So we've talked about every topic a lot, but we're talking about this in twenty eleven. How are things since twenty eleven? Thank you, Gladys. A child is almost twenty percent more likely than a kid in twenty eleven to have a chronic condition such as anxiety, depression, sleep apnea, other things, according to the study, up almost twenty percent since twenty eleven when we were scared to death. Then wow, there's just lots and lots of numbers along those lines. But you get the point. We're headed in the wrong direction at a pretty good clip. And at what point do we, like decide this is the number one issue in America. I guess RFK Junior is trying to but he's alerting to people to this. Just his solutions are not always the most rational.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's true. I just we need a national commission. Although if Trump is behind it, the left will reject any conclusion that comes to no matter how compelling or clearly true. I actually read any commentary that when Trump came out with his tariffs the first.
Speaker 1: Time around, they're back by the way, allegedly.
Speaker 3: That all of a sudden, the left was in favor of free markets, you know, free trade, free markets.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding? The protectionism is terrible And the.
Speaker 3: Joke was just have Trump advocate for everything that's terrible, right, and the left will turn on it and we'll have a wonderful country. But anyway, I would love to see some sort of blue ribbon commission come up with just like three recommendations, because there are probably more than that, but having to do with, you know, giving kids the freedom and getting them away from screens and letting them be bored, letting them create, and also it would be a radical reform of our nation's school systems. And I was kicking myself as this segment began that I hadn't asked for the clip of a Sacramento, California area teach who was run out of his job because he was exposed as being an openly Marxist, radical Black Lives Matter Rainbow Flag activist who was caught on tape saying, look when class starts in the fall, I know I have whatever it was six months to turn these kids into little revolutionaries.
Speaker 1: And that's what I do. That's why I am here.
Speaker 3: And the implication being, you know, I might teach you know, the stuff I'm supposed to teach, but that's not my main purpose. And if you were to picture, and you don't need to picture it, just go down to your local school.
Speaker 1: An educational system where the kids are.
Speaker 3: Systematically taught that the country they live in is awful, that we're all going to die of climate change, that they're either bad people because they're white, or that they probably are a little girl, even if they're a little boy, and the rest of it. Those kids are going to be confused and miserable. There's a reason you you know, you know, I was grown up. My parents didn't expose me to the full horrors of the Vietnam War.
Speaker 1: I couldn't possibly have handled it at that age. You ease kids.
Speaker 3: Into taking on the weight of the world and the complexity of the world. And not only are they intentionally getting the kids early to indoctrinate them, to turn them into little Marxists, but they're inflicting way too much heaviness and confusion and fear and angst on kids, and again systematically from preschool through grad school.
Speaker 1: And it's awful. I have a clip of that teacher. By the way, go ahead, I like what you said in our cool one hundred and eighty days.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yes, and that's the question because a lot of them are indifferent.
Speaker 1: I think they're distracted by the gadgets, show games. How do you do that? How do you well? That's funny that you scare the f out of them. That's funny.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 4: The person there was concerned about the gadgets. Why how are you gonna turn them into Marxists when they're also looking at their phone. So their concern is the darn smartphones have gotten in the way of being able to turn kids into radical Mars Marxists.
Speaker 1: Was an undercover reporter. He's trying to egg the guy on, right.
Speaker 4: But uh so we jumped to some conclusions of what might be causing this. The study doesn't get into what's causing this at all. You know, is it smartphones? Is that the schooling? Is it all of them?
Speaker 1: Isn't it none of that?
Speaker 4: And it's just you get enough plastics in you over a certain amount of time and you start acting this way.
Speaker 1: I have no idea might.
Speaker 3: Be another factor, but I will die believing what I just stated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a couple more things on this. If you have a thought, feel free to text us four one five two nine five KFTC. We celebrated our nation's independence.
Speaker 1: With fireworks and drugs. Hit it into to get our dogs through the.
Speaker 4: Fireworks, right, I've heard that as a popular thing. Giving your dog benadrill or something on the fourth of July, have them take a little nap so they don't freak out when they hear the bangs bangs bangs.
Speaker 3: Or you could do the thunder jacket thing that is like a blanket around them.
Speaker 1: I've heard those works.
Speaker 4: So we're just talking about this new study that's out where they look like one hundred and eighty different things about kids, and they're all going the wrong direction. They're more anxious, they're more they don't sleep well, they're gaining weight. It's just like practically anything you can nail down as a part of being a kid is going the wrong direction. And it was bad fifteen years ago and it's worse now and what the hell is it?
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 4: We're talking about smartphones and schools and lots of different things. We did get this text though, this is one of my favorites of all time, which I think may include a phrase that we will have forever. Wow, we're going to invent a device that has all the knowledge in the world at everyone's fingertips. You guys, sound like the gun is killing people. Think different. That's my favorite part there at the end. Think different. That's what I like that. Okay, I kind of start doing. I'm gonna start saying that to people if I disagree with Hey, think different, you idiots number one.
Speaker 3: It's differently? But okay, thanks excited?
Speaker 1: Feel uh different? Correct, Well, we'll do so. Uh.
Speaker 4: I mentioned this, and I had forgotten about it until it came up. The noticeable struggle it was for me to try to have my kids have a vacation like I've got in mind now that they both are smartphone kids. And actually got Henry his very first smartphone in Miami. While we were there. He'd been talking about getting a phone. He's got kind of a friend group now, and he's kind of on the out side because he can't do the group texts and all that, and he's feeling bad about it. And anyway, he's thirteen and a half and I got him a smartphone, and it was interesting the way people reacted to the like at the store, this is gonna be his first phone, and he's like, all right, high five, and some people that are in a store over, oh, congratulations. It's like the modern getting your driver's license or first car. I told the Uber driver on the way back to the hotel, Hey, I just got him his first phone, and he fist bumped him. All right, my man, your life has changed forever. And I thought that's really interesting that and it's true. It's the biggest thing that happens to you now, and you're handed that device for the first time, which will be in your hand pretty much until the moment you.
Speaker 1: Dieugh, you're making me sad.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not claiming it's all bad or well, I can't claim it's all bad, or if it was all bad, we wouldn't all be doing it. But it is true his life changed when he he got that phone a week ago. He now has it with him all the time. He mostly researches dinosaurs because that's the thing. But for now, I thought that's really interesting that everybody's reaction was, Okay, here you go, congratulations, life starts now.
Speaker 1: And it's true to a certain extent.
Speaker 4: And I think that fits into or we're just discussing all the various things.
Speaker 1: Oh my point about the vacation. What a struggle. It was just.
Speaker 4: Trying to have anything that can beat out the constant entertainment that they've got in their hand on vacation. And also like wearing an earpiece. Every young person now has an earbut in all the time, constantly, and I make my kids take it out and it makes them really really angry, like they're looking at their phone. They have an earpiece in where world. While we're in the lift going through Manhattan, take that out. Pay attention to what's around. There's nothing on board. What do you mean there's nothing. This is one of the greatest cities in the world. Book, there's this, There's that. Every thing around you is something new and different you've never seen before in your life.
Speaker 1: Look at it and they look at me like I'm crazy. Wow, it's tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's being a crazy agender bending madness.
Speaker 1: Updates coming in New Hope.
Speaker 3: Addition, plus, do not get a Brazilian butt left until you hear our segment next.
Speaker 1: Hour man, I had it scheduled for the top of the hour. Don't do it. I have six minutes to get to do it. Armstrong and Getty