Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 3: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: So let's talk about this international player. You're saying you're you're big all over a football curlent. A lot of people probably don't know that. How does that work? Like as far as like when did did you go to like each market individually. Did you see the landscape and say, okay, this Indonesia makes sense and China doesn't make sense? Like and how were you able to sustain that over the course of twenty years?
Speaker 5: So, man, I feel like this is inspiring, Chunky, you got.
Speaker 6: I gotta get it out.
Speaker 7: I was sitting in my off one day and my partner I distributed, and Norm came on me and said, hey, man, this guy wants a license, your your brand.
Speaker 5: Fool license. What the hell is a license?
Speaker 3: He said?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is Jonah Cash. He's worth about six or seven.
Speaker 7: Billion dollars almos a Serious Towers, a couple of brands you may have heard of a guess Jordan ash he wants to do food ladies. Well, what do you mean, he said, with damon, you don't want to do lady We don't want to do ladies. Why, well, we don't make ladies clothes, I said, but I may close. Yeah, man, a gene in men's right aside thirty four. There's four sizes right, thirty four long, thirty four short, thirty four bag and thirty four slam a dnipan in women's for a size twelve, there's twenty one sizes.
Speaker 5: Right, the thighs is big, the gap in the back.
Speaker 7: Stretched crick thighs. He said, Yo, man, you don't want to do this.
Speaker 5: You want a license? What the hell is it like?
Speaker 7: It's like a lease. You you know they'll they'll they'll take this. You authorize, you put the models in, you authorize everything, and they'll give you ten percent if you will make your mouth, you're going to get fifteen percent of gross, meaning if they do one million dollars they probably will clear. In a good day, you'll clear twenty five, maybe thirty percent, three hundred thousand. They'll give you one hundred thousand dollars. I said, and what else I have to do? No?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 7: You mean, no staff, no winvent already, no financial capital at arithm. No they're any And then so Jordash license the brand. They go do one hundred million dollars. They come back with ten million dollars and I'm like, I didn't have to do anything for this, No you didn't. You just have to keep the core customer happy. Then we go on license boots bags, ladies, fragrant.
Speaker 3: D da da da.
Speaker 5: I was like, holy, this is like stealing.
Speaker 7: This is like taking a cookie from a child, like a two year old, Give me a cookie, right, So, all of a sudden, they you want to license a territory. What do you mean license a territory? You want to try to go and build in Japan?
Speaker 5: No, why would I do that?
Speaker 7: Oh well, a trading company called Mitsubishi wants to license your brand in Japan. Okay, ten million dollars come in any other countries out there, and then we start rolling them out because we learned the value of license. Don't get me wrong. Licenses get me wrong too, because if somebody takes in a license and they don't value or respect your brand, and all of a sudden, your brand in this department store looking really good, and the lady's brand is out there on the corner of the street Meet and Soft Serve and they're just trying to move it really quick, and you're like, what happened? And it can it can kill your brand. So that's really what happened. We moved into into a lot of countries. Some work, some didn't. But you when you when we were in Japan, they want to wear more like characters like, so we had to say we'll give you fifty percent of the identification of the brand what it is here because they love hip hop, and.
Speaker 5: You can make your own.
Speaker 7: Fifty percent of the type of styze you like, will approve it, will approve all the advertising and all the marketing. Right, And that's how we moved the countries. Some countries work, some didn't.
Speaker 4: So somebody else is essentially I give you ten percent, and now everything is on me. I just get to put fooble on it. But I gotta manufacture it.
Speaker 3: I gotta I gotta put it.
Speaker 4: I gotta do all that stuff.
Speaker 5: You gotta go to trade shows.
Speaker 7: You gotta say your staff, every single thing is your job. And then when in a traditional license, what happened is is you you say, listen, I'll give you the first eighteen months equals a year, right.
Speaker 5: You got to develop the rand in six months, get it out there. That's one year.
Speaker 7: You got a three to five year license, right, so five years you run the license. If you hit all the things you're supposed to do and there's a minimum guarantee. Hey, we believe we're going to do one million the first year, five million, the second year, ten whatever case is on and on. You're supposed to get a minimum of whatever your license is ten percent, so million dollars a year. You know, no matter what happens, they got to give you one hundred thousand dollars. Now it's all like a partnership. What if you had a rough time, What if somebody said, what if I said something crazy about foolble windows hurt? They can either try to say I don't want the license no more. I can say, guys, I get it. Only give me fifty. But if they're doing really good, you can get five hundred thousands on that license, a million. Everybody wants to win, right, And that's how you do a license. And if you hit all the criterias and let's say five years, you get an automatic renewal every single year. Damn, I gave you one hundred, then I gave you this. I gave you that, I built this brand for you. I need an automatic renewal because I hit all the marks. Right, So these are the way licensing go is basically a lease. Right, It's like leasing a car or leasing an apartment. But again, if you're in Walmart, well your license maybe three percent because Walmart is going to do ten million a year automatically. But the margin is more smaller on the profit. So that's the way license is.
Speaker 8: Will do you think because the margins are so much smaller and maybe you get the ten million that maybe people?
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the P and C Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 5: Earners.
Speaker 6: What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like? The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you art, run, angrow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Nohm, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 2: Imprisoned and deported, you will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right, leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 8: That are in the fashion world, especially from our culture, decided to go with the sell route rather than what route selling the company because we've seen people sell their clothing brands rather than going the route of leasing. They might not even know them, that was the other part, or are they weren't educating in.
Speaker 7: The you know, you know businesses. Everything is in art, right and money. If you are running a business, often the boss doesn't get paid.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: It's a huge cab suck.
Speaker 7: You're bringing the money, You're investing some here, you're investing some there, right and you're paying for all the great people that work for you, the advertise in the marketing, and you don't get paid. We happened to have a great distribution deal. We had another trading company, Samsung, who was manufacturing and distributing on clothes right, and we were being able to finanswer through there. But you often have to raise funds and sometimes people sell to take money off the table. Sometimes they sell because they go I've been I've had plenty. I hear this about, I hear this about. I don't know ten times a year. I was the richest, poorest man or woman in the room. Why I was doing two hundred million dollars. I lived a great life, cars, that's whatever. But I wasn't saving enough because if I even made an extra ten million, I'm putting it back in the business. So now a public company came in and took me out right and gave me took out fifty one percent. I took a good amount of money at the table. I got an now work for it for three years of the face and operated no problem. So you'll always come across those challenges. That's a very personal decision.
Speaker 5: Why are you in business?
Speaker 7: Do you want partners do you want to be taken out. There's a lot of people who've had companies who end up not having anything at the end of the day because they put the money in so much. Everybody got paid. You know one person who got paid more than all of us, our gene maker in the beginning. You know what he said, guy from China. He said, I don't care if you make a gene for four dollars, you make it a fifty dollars.
Speaker 5: I want one dollar a gene.
Speaker 7: I will, I'll handle it, I'll i'll get the buttons, I'll put the sewing. All the things you want together, I'll put together, I'll package, I'll queer customs whatever.
Speaker 5: He made one dollar a gene.
Speaker 7: Five years in he made thirty million jenes. He didn't have any staff, he didn't have to do any advertising, any marketing. So there's a lot of people who are gonna get paid often and you don't. You'll turn around, you have a tail store. But who got paid. I give you a I'll give you an instance. One of my buddies, really wealthy real estate guy. He talks to a huge, huge celebrity that we all know, we all know of.
Speaker 5: Not an African American celebrities. Happened a celebrity.
Speaker 7: And the guy was like, yeah, you know, I'm opening all these stores in these areas and he has all a lot of different type of stuff. He said, Oh, cool, you owning in the stores. He said, no, No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't ownly in that real.
Speaker 5: Estate, you know.
Speaker 7: And let's say, I'm not gonna say what he's selling, because you know, you'll know what he's selling. He's changed his business now. And he was on the phone with these big agents, these agents.
Speaker 3: On the phone with him.
Speaker 7: He was on the phone. Everybody, everybody's on the phone, and he just kind of wanted to talk to my real estate guy. My real estate guy said, let's say he was just selling I don't know, let's say he was selling juices, green drinks. And he said, so you don't even real estate.
Speaker 5: He said no.
Speaker 7: He said, you're.
Speaker 5: A fucking schmuck.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: He said, what the agent's on the phone. You can't talk to him like that.
Speaker 7: He's one of the biggest stars in normal And he said, hold on, why you call me a smug You got to deal with bringing in the juice, making the juice to employees. The taxes, all the kinds of advertising marketing. I get paid whether you sell a goddamn juice or not. You're a schmuck. Everybody hung up the phone. Yo, you can't talk to him like that. He's not used to talking like I know why he's not like. You know why he's not used to talking like that because you're busy trying to make twenty percent of every deal you do, And I get it. You don't want to tie him up with people who may not do the right or the wrong thing with him, so you don't look crazy.
Speaker 5: But he's a schmuck.
Speaker 7: That star called the guy separately, flew out to where he was and was like and sat with him for three days and said, let me look through your paper as if possible.
Speaker 5: You know, kind of mentor me. Now that guy owned all the real estate.
Speaker 7: But there's a lot of people who can get paid out of your business, and you don't if you don't tweak things the right way.
Speaker 4: That's a fact. Pretty much working to pay everybody else. Everybody's getting paid hisself for you.
Speaker 7: That entrepreneurship at the time, because when you start, you don't own anything. When you start, you want to you want to solve a problem, right, you know, you guys started by wanting to solve a problem. There's something out there that is not entertaining but educating. And we want to make sure we bring in a certain way. And we wanted to be a value to a very certain community. But we want to bring everybody out there. And once it's a value here, it'll it'll flow, no problem and and and we just want to solve a problem. You guys didn't own microphone, the microphone company. You didn't own the camera company. Now you can honestly do more of what you have and and do things. But when you start, all you're trying to do is solve a problem. You're not thinking about owning anything. All you need is help, right, And that's that. But where during that time do you switch and say? Barbara Corkroon always say it was the building she owned more than the building she sold, that she realized she made more money, she decided to put bigger offices in bigger building that she owned.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and fire families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.