Speaker 1: Scal Come rob and froll.
Speaker 2: Scal Come.
Speaker 1: Rob and froll.
Speaker 3: Scam Goddess, West Popping Congregation, it's your girl, Lacy mostly Akay scam God is back with another installment of the comedy podcast all about robbery, fraud and those who practice it. Sometimes we love them, sometimes we hate them. One thing is for sure is will never make fun of their victims. But we there's a high chance we'll laugh at them. And congregation, you already know. I'm what Yes, Excited, thrills, elated, enlivened, Yes by today's guests. Today's guest is a comedian, actor, and filmmaker Edie Modica Okay in that mode and It's best known for her breakout role in Jury Duty, which landed her on the Hollywood Reporters list of Supporting Actors who Stole the scene.
Speaker 1: This is kind of crime.
Speaker 3: We like over him, Yes, and her debut comedy special produced by Emmy and Peabody winning production house Irony Point, which is called I'm Just Like You and It Sucks. It's out and wide release on YouTube September seventeen, So get into that I'm Just Like You and It Sucks. That's a that's a real word, especially in these times and this economy.
Speaker 1: Edie Eadie Modica, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that you're using our words, you know, our words over here. I at this point, I have the lexicon of like love island. Like my little sims, That's what I like to call my beautiful little sims. They be on their saying like genuinely all the time, and I'm like, damn, this is how I'm starting to sound.
Speaker 1: I got three words. What happened? But I'm not gonna make fun of them babies.
Speaker 3: Okay, they going through enough, but true right, Like it's like this kind of a little bit of a scam in itself. I'm like, why y'all go put these little sims on here? And somebody put it in such a great reference way. We are watching these people, you know, in a Stanford prison experiment.
Speaker 2: It's just an experiment.
Speaker 3: They're sleep deprived, they're you know what did they give them the food that makes them fart all day? They got avocados, acados, avocados, eggs, avocados, eggs and apples. So and then and then they gotta go kiss strangers all the time. And somebody put it in a great way. They were like, if we just look up the time that they've been shooting, it's around eight hundred hours of footage and we only see thirty six hours.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we're judging.
Speaker 3: These people off of what less than four percent or like around four percent of their experience, So.
Speaker 1: Keep that in mind.
Speaker 3: Guys, they scamming them sexy babies, they scamming them.
Speaker 1: No, but I want to ask you about your relationship with scams.
Speaker 3: Eating So I like to play the scam sometimes and just ask you a couple of questions and get your opinion. Is something a scam, is it a scheme? Or do you feel like it's a real thing? So I'm sure you're not gonna be surprised. The first one I'm gonna ask you is Jury Duty? How do you feel about Jury Duty? And if you don't mind describing the show to people who may have not been blessed to see it yet, which you must be living under a rock.
Speaker 1: But also I love that for you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, hmm, well, was it a scam more of a scheme? I think that sounds nicer.
Speaker 3: If you're talking about in relation, Because I'm gonna talk about both just like real life every day. But like if we're talking about in relation to the TV show you were on, how do you feel like that was that.
Speaker 2: Was a scheme? It was a planned scheme. I can't say scam.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't think it's a scam at all.
Speaker 3: But I'm more so asking about your experience and like the show, like do you feel like you all were tricking this person?
Speaker 1: Where do you lie on that?
Speaker 2: I don't think they should keep doing it to men. It's what I think, or to people, to people, but why men's specifically, well, because they only do it to men.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's true.
Speaker 2: I don't think I think one was enough and we got the point. It was a very special show, I think because it had never been done. But to keep doing it, I'm a little like I'm probably gonna get in trouble. I'm just like I feel I feel a little bad, but also he's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also I think that they did it to a man more than once, because I feel like women would not be as oblivious.
Speaker 2: Well, and women are talking to people too, like I feel like men are suffering in silence, like they're like that was weird, But I don't know that I can say that out loud.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: They would be talking to everybody immediately and getting all affections right, right exactly. I can't shut up.
Speaker 3: Same so I would have been a lunch break. I would have been like, so let's all gather up.
Speaker 2: Because I'm feeling something about this, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the feelings, the feelings that are facts would have come out. Yes, that's a nice way to put it though that like these like poor men, because I'm sorry, like listen, it's very hard for me to support a man. They put themselves in their own prison and that's why it sucked there. But you're so right. They would be the ones to process things in their brains and then be like, but if everybody else is actually normal, I'm.
Speaker 2: A man, I'd get at even more normal.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Remember for a while it was like a popular thing that the Man of Spirit was doing.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what it was called.
Speaker 3: But they would go on planes and they like wouldn't watch the TV on the plane, not listen to any music, not read a book, no entertainment for like as long of flights as they could, where they were just like white masculine, yeah, not sleeping, just white just white knuckle.
Speaker 1: Wait, you can joke. What do y'all look up the name?
Speaker 3: Because there was a name for this if people were doing it, And I was like, why though.
Speaker 2: Why you can enjoy yourself?
Speaker 1: Yeah, raw dogging.
Speaker 3: Raw dogging is hitten for me because it's like raw dogging life where people are like, oh, you're not on medication, you raw dogging life? Like oh yeah, So they were like, we're gonna raw dog these flights and like not have anything.
Speaker 2: To interpecifically on airplanes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the airplanes were like the like they started to expand into other experiences where you would want to entertain yourself.
Speaker 1: But I think it started with airplanes.
Speaker 2: It's so dark, be nice to yourself, enjoy yourself, it's okay, and.
Speaker 3: Like, no, we need to feel pain. I'm like, this is why y'all are so upset. Yes, but so that makes a lot of sense to me. I would say like actual jury duty when it's not a show, is also a scheme.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, I've never done it.
Speaker 3: I haven't either, and now it's very difficult in our industry to do it because I can't be like hey Sony, hey Disney. I can't make my job because I have to go sit on this jury. But I'm trying to figure out a way to do it because more black people and more women in general need to be doing jury duty because if we're not there to represent our ilk are peers, then these people aren't getting a fair trial, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yes, but who wants to do that?
Speaker 1: I know? And that's what makes it so hard.
Speaker 3: And I think that there's so many people who want to be cops, Like the thirst to be a cop in life is so strange to me. Like that's where we got the term karen from, you know what I mean. It's like people who wanted to be police and everybody else yes, And so those people show up to jury duty yet ready read They're like I brought rocks for the stone. They're like, no, you don't get to be executioner. Two bro put them rocks down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like the people that end up on it are probably the worst kinds of people, or people who are bored or have nothing else going on in their life. That's why they're there, and now they're get to feel like righteous.
Speaker 3: And then I also think I hope that like retired people, I hope the elderly are going like, y'all got a lot of wisdom, like y'all pop up in there memo and Papau and instead of getting scammed on the phone, hang out at court and help decide somebody, Hey, go to court.
Speaker 1: But I know that we have to do it too.
Speaker 3: It's just so hard at this point in my life to give up that time because I simply cannot.
Speaker 1: They're like, you know, we own you, right, you can't not come. But then if.
Speaker 3: I show up d duty to the government, gonna be like, you know, we can arrest you, right, since you're just not coming.
Speaker 2: No miny Like, but I'm an actress, let you understand.
Speaker 3: But I think a lot of like really busy people are also And this is not to take away from people who have free time, because they can also be highly intelligent. But I think a lot of highly intelligent people are like, I don't have time for this shit. And then it's like, so, now we got a jury of all the George Bush's kids.
Speaker 1: It's like George Bush dropped off all these.
Speaker 3: Kids at the house and left them behind, and now they get to decide your fate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not right, it's not.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, how do we fix them, like, if you do have the time, guys, you gotta make the sacrifice, please, but not us. I know I haven't had such a hypocrite, but I'm like, literally, I can't. Yeah, because what if I get stuck on like a very long trial.
Speaker 1: What if we switch that up in the government.
Speaker 3: What if it was like, Okay, we know this is some petty shit, we can get over quickly.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me get one of them short ones.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I'm and I know that everybody would be thirsty to get the short trial.
Speaker 1: But what if we could bring in.
Speaker 3: Like our like our doctor's notes or our excuses of like why we can't be on anything like a murder trial or something.
Speaker 2: That way, we're there for something something. I would love to be there for something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did it feel like even just like in this show Recreation, were you bored?
Speaker 2: Ever? Was it? Oh? My god? There were such long periods of like witness is going up and being really boring just so that the reality stuff felt more real. But yeah, it was boring. But then also like they wouldn't we wouldn't see some of the witnesses before. So then sometimes they have someone get up and they start doing something extremely funny, and we haven't even been breathed on it, and we're all like trying not to laugh, like not looking at each other, like, oh my god, I can't believe they're doing this to us.
Speaker 1: Right, I think that's a moment where you could laugh, though, I.
Speaker 2: Feel I mean I did about Cardi B.
Speaker 1: When she was on the witness.
Speaker 2: Stand that was she was so amazing.
Speaker 3: If I had a Cardi B. Cuirt case, I would have been up in food there. She's so funny, we got so many memes. She's a genius, Like maybe that's a bribe like she and she's constantly getting in legal trouble. So guys think about it like this, if you sign up for jewelry duty, you might be a one of Cardi B's hilarious trials where she just threw something at somebody or was like y'all saha, y'all sawha, Like come on, come on, like you might get one of the.
Speaker 2: Whose or Johnny Depp amber heard she's leaving shit in his bed. I wouldn't be seated for that.
Speaker 1: Seated. Now, that's a long trial.
Speaker 3: So that's gotta be for our board community or our retired community.
Speaker 1: Yes, but yeah, like, thinking about it that way, you could you could get a landmark case.
Speaker 2: You could become a writer after one of them.
Speaker 3: Also, right, yeah, you could be inspired exactly. Yeah, you're so right, because there's so many trials that are so famous that then the jurors come out and they write about what really happened.
Speaker 2: It might be a career change.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: You could at least get like a panphle sized book out of it and sell it on Amazon. Scene, right, a zine were buying it.
Speaker 1: We buying a zine.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think we're giving incentive now for people to go to jury duty.
Speaker 1: Yes, in ways that they haven't before.
Speaker 3: They keep being like civic duty, Like nobody wants to do that. Make it sound cool, right, you could make a scene, right, make it like let's make a deal where we get pulled out of the audience bank running down and costumes and shit like whoa, let Wayne Brady host jury like yeah, we have lawyers and stuff, but in between you know.
Speaker 2: D break mm hmm.
Speaker 3: It's so sad that in America, like you know, you need to entertain us and we need to maybe be able to get famous.
Speaker 1: And then we'll come otherwise.
Speaker 3: No, and it's pissed me off that every profession is coming like turning into that, Like what do you mean? And I've said there so many times on the show, but I'm like, what do you mean. You're a doctor or a nurse and you're trying to get famous ontack. But it's like now every profession's like, I'm a plumber. They call me Joe the crack.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, are like a day in the life of a surgeon, right, And I'm sorry you need to be paying attention, but some.
Speaker 3: Of it it's highly interesting, and so I they get followers because I didn't know that during these long operation sessions they be playing music. I didn't know that different types of surgeons like, oh my gosh, I think it's orthopedic surgeons. I could be wrong, y'all correct me if I am, But there's certain types of surgeons who like play like gangster rap when they're like known for it.
Speaker 1: So you might like, if you imagine you're being put under and you just hear it.
Speaker 3: It's it must be I'm like, but that's what they do it As we are under, they're turning on their ship and then it's just cutting on us, like.
Speaker 1: Putting the bellot why are you cutting on me? Like, so it is interesting.
Speaker 3: I get the impetus, but I'm also like, maybe everybody go back to doing their job. Yes, maybe I'm just not privileged to know that. I was never genuinely curious pain. Yes, I know, but then when they come we were war them because like, oh my gosh, you can't get me off of private yacht chef, TikTok. I want to know every meal you cook in. I want to know if they assholes who got too drunk, who fill off the boat, Like that's why we have.
Speaker 1: Below deck though, so we would just let them do Yeah, we had that. Yeah, you're so right. It's not necessary for the content creators.
Speaker 2: I've been watching a bunch of like tone inground toenail infections. Oh that's what my entire feed, and there's I'm following all of these doctors. It's incredible, but it's nasty.
Speaker 1: Eatio your feet, Okay.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, you probably have a great feet. You don't strike me as somebody who got connected. I wish they had stuff going on so I could look at it. I don't know, I feel like you're looking at these feet and thinking about the foot privilege.
Speaker 1: You have that show what your feet is so strong.
Speaker 2: That's actually the scam. I wanted to talk about what I was foot pick scam.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait a second, we can.
Speaker 2: Get to it now. Hour later, I'm glad that.
Speaker 3: The scam guy had reached out to me to say that, because now we now we know we're I'm locked in, I'm seated.
Speaker 2: So what have Okay, so I will like sell pictures at my feet if people are asking, yeah, because it's nothing. It's nothing from me. It's joy on both ends. It's fun. I give it a little sokka. And that's how you get it. You just post a picture of your foot one time. They will find you.
Speaker 3: Oh theyound me and maybe in the comments like great feet or I look at my wiki and it's.
Speaker 1: Literally every foot, every exposure.
Speaker 3: And I like to show other actors who were like a little older about it. And I showed Jerry Trainor about it. I was like, you know, you have a wiki right, and he was like, what's that? And I showed him and he was like, this isn't even making me sense. It's one pictures of my dog. And I looked at him like with th most sinister eyes, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Zoom in and he was like, oh my god. So okay, so you have a great market.
Speaker 2: Take I there was this guy who asked like he was like, can I do the thing with you? And he was like, I like to do it as we go, So like you send five pictures, I send one hundred dollars, you know, and then I send more pictures. He sends money and I was like, all right, that's fine. So the first time we did it, that's what we did. He sent me like three hundred dollars. I'm literally I was talking with my roommate. They're good, they're nice. No, no, he likes my personality. That's where it's coming from. So this was the first time. Then the second time he was like, hey, you want to do it again. I'm not doing anything. Why not? I'm taking pictures And it said on the PayPal thing. I mean this, you can make fun of me. It's said on PayPal pending the payment is pending. And he was like in England, so and I was like, I guess he's across the pond. It takes time to you know.
Speaker 1: Well PayPal some dams does have a pending payment.
Speaker 3: And what's crazy about it is that if you're on the wrong end of that, which I have been where I sent money that was supposed to go to a family member and it.
Speaker 2: Was a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Baby didn't get it back, and I was called of PayPal the second I did it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like hey, hey, hey, hey hey, and they were like, oh, it's above us now fuck PayPal.
Speaker 1: But also spotsor to show pay Pal.
Speaker 3: But so you also said that you were talking to your roommate, so so gud the PayPal is pending.
Speaker 1: And then you said something about talking to your roommate.
Speaker 2: Oh my, Like I'm just saying like I'm hanging out while I'm doing this.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I got it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't take very much for me.
Speaker 3: No, you know, but okay, but so this is easy light work to do the physics basically.
Speaker 2: Then he was like, oh, yeah, it's because I live in England. Whatever. And then eventually the money never came. And during that one, I'm sending like my faces in the pictures, He's like, put your toe in your mouth because it's going oh.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I'm not gasping. I'm not gasping at the functionality. I knew when he said that I want to go back and forth. That he wanted to make sure that whatever he was asking for, he was the only one getting it, because you know, the girls will.
Speaker 1: Recycle some shit.
Speaker 3: The girls would be recycling the I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it full, full on, and I'm going to do.
Speaker 1: A good ass job.
Speaker 3: He said he wants today's newspaper, and I gasped, and I said, you're locked in and he's not sending the coin. That's why I guessed, because like, it's the difference to giving me. I can give you a recycled foot, but if I'm giving you new foot moment to moment foot, where's my ship?
Speaker 2: Please? And he got me because he did it the first time. You know, he paid me one time. Then he was like I can get more. Mmmm that give a little to get a lot. And then also what the fuck he doing with these pictures? Because what if he's flipping the picks and making his own coin? I know, but to who, like, I'm just like, wait a who.
Speaker 3: He gave you? It feels like he gave you your cut. Like there's something in pimping. I've been on pimp TikTok a lot, where like in Miami they call him the tricks, right, So a woman will be like, hey, come out with us, like we got some tricks.
Speaker 1: They about to give you money, They about to like really run it out.
Speaker 3: And then you're thinking like, oh, I'm getting money for be at a beautiful battie.
Speaker 1: That's all I have to do.
Speaker 3: And then after they give you that first bit of money, they'd be like, okay, well we're gonna get something out of you as well. And so this is given now where he was like, I'm gonna give you this money, but now he's got so much more content and he could easily have a fake profile up somewhere in.
Speaker 2: England filled with me toe in the mouth.
Speaker 3: I feel like a foot reseller and that's getting me off like say that.
Speaker 2: After that, I kind of like I found almost like a new fetish for myself because I kind of liked that he was scamming me.
Speaker 3: I do like to talk to scammers. We're locked in. We're so locked in, don't even worry about the sweetheart. They won't talk to me back, like, they'll hit me up and then I'll start texting with them, and then I can't help myself. I started putting it on Instagram stories. Like, hey, y'all, I got one of those fake number of things and then all of a sudden, like them, I'm trying to yeah, but then I get too eager and I put it on tic or I put it on Instagram or something right, and then like they see it and they're like, oh fuck, like they'll like never mind, and I'm like, no way, you said we got a golf appointments and they leave me. And that makes you feel some type of way that I'm getting ghosted by scammers. But so you you now you're feeling involved, Okay, okay, and what did that do for you?
Speaker 2: Like I kind of liked then I kind of got into the idea of him of being scammed, like the power of being a scammer. I was kind of like, why do I like this? And then I was like, what if I just send him pictures just like for no reason? And then I was like, what if I start paying him?
Speaker 1: Okay, now we're taking this step too far. I was with you before.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be this way. You gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 1: You gotta be on the opposite side of it.
Speaker 3: I didn't know this but before my podcast and you know, book and television show took off. I Scam Goddess had a completely different meaning. I kind of repurposed it and had no idea that scam goddesses are people who because I was getting confused, I would be on Twitter or whatever and men were start getting my comments and they're like, I'll be your pay piggy, like you can you know, yell at me or do whatever and I'll just send you money. And so then I started googling scam Goddess in the origination of it, and it is scamming men who want to be scammed, so yes, we'll look get involved that way.
Speaker 2: I know. I have this friend who reached This was years ago. He I hadn't heard from him in years, and then he reached out to me and he was like, Hey, can I talk to you about something, which I feel like my whole life people always tell me like the deepest, darkest things that have ever happened to them, like random people. I have like an open face too. I was like, oh, that's why he's telling me. So I was like, sure, what's going on? And he was like, I have this problem, like I'm into finndom, financial domination, I'm like losing he was like, I've gone like bankrupts so many times and he's telling me all this stuff and I'm like, oh, I'm so sorry. But then at one moment, I was like, is he asking me to do it? Like why is he telling me about this?
Speaker 1: Like did you just get paid? And it's so did that money hit you account?
Speaker 2: He was like, and I didn't do it because I actually like cared about him, and he was like, it's ruining my life. But I was like, your ass is jerking off right now, probably right for me to turn to flip it.
Speaker 3: Also, was he trying to get a freebie where he's like I have been given away all my money and I'm going bankrupt and now you're listening and being like oh no, and he's over there just wanking it like probably.
Speaker 1: She knows.
Speaker 3: I'm a little bit like why are you giving me this information?
Speaker 2: I think he wants me to be like, you're a little bitch. Give me your money now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if you're giving it to everybody else, you've given it out, run it to me a little bit too, little bank bitch boy.
Speaker 2: Okay, you've done this before, you little bank bitch boy.
Speaker 1: Like I don't even want your money.
Speaker 3: It's not even enough for me, but send it right now, like I feel like I could get involved. Yes, but okay, so you there's an error that's happening where things are happening around you. I have that happened to me too, where scams are constantly finding me.
Speaker 1: So I get you. I get that.
Speaker 2: There's also on Venmo Daddy Michael. I don't know if you've ever experienced this guy. He comments on every Venmo interaction that I have. No, He's like, hello, my name is Daddy Michael. I'm a god fearing man, and like, I'm not playing around. I want to be your pay daddy and my friend and I texted him, but then he didn't really he didn't continue the conversation.
Speaker 3: Okay, but why you double up on him? That might be why he got He said he loved God.
Speaker 2: And I thought he would feel blessed.
Speaker 3: I thought, no, I think he was sharing his vulnerability with you, and he was like, let me get my friend involved.
Speaker 1: We both go run it up on him. No, Daddy Mchael just wanted you.
Speaker 3: He said, I want one child he didn't want, And come to think of it, there's probably a lot of like really god fearing Christian people who don't even realize that they like a like a financial domination situation, because think about prosperity Gospel and how we've had pastors locked the doors of the church and be like you got to give more money, Like if you want to sow see, give me three thousand dollars. If you want to get this, give me That Is that a kink that we did, ass it's like the classiest way to do that kink because.
Speaker 1: My past is sailing at me and calling me broke. But now have an audience too. Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying everyone's doing it for that reason. There are a lot of people who give to churches because they want to support their communities. I'm talking about those mega churches where it is so apparent that this pastor is pimping the congregation that I'm like, y'all gotta like this a little bit.
Speaker 1: Hm hmmm. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like we shouldn't have met under these circumstances because I'm like, let me give you my number, group, cause i feel like I feel like we're a little too locked this.
Speaker 2: I think so too. They can't let us get in kahoots.
Speaker 3: No, they can't let us get in cahoots cashoos. Now my foot ain't is I'm had the photoshop. I should a little bit. I had my fans run my wiki feet up. But my feet look like what I've been through, you know what I mean? They look like I was walking to school barefoot in the snow every day. It was like, what's going on? The bitch dancing on glass like I'm have to get mine. I'm like, why if he got to bed? But I feel like we could do it. Now did this end with the man just conghosting with the feet, like yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: I got mad at him and I just I said fuck you, yeah for something, and then I was like I blocked him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like that he tried to make your feet stock because I really do think.
Speaker 2: He flipping the foot and he has some incriminating images, is what I'll say. Bad.
Speaker 3: I think he flipping that foot and making brillid and that's upsetting to me and my homegirls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but okay, scarce.
Speaker 3: God speaking of people flipping things and shricking people, our historic hoodwin today. This is a portion of the show where I will regale Eatie with a famous con caper group of criminals will get her opinions all throughout. And today we're actually talking about a flipper. So there's a serial scalper that has been reselling dinner reservations at high end sushi bars like Yoshino at extreme up charges. Finding him unearthed a network of Michelin Star restaurant reservation scalping that was happening across New York City. And listen, in this season, you don't want to get got. There's just some food for thought. So have you ever been to like a Michelin Star restaurant. I'm sure you have. The Emmys know about you. I know when you was in the Hollywood Report. I know you eating to everybody's Star wars. Okay, I know that white tied man. I hate to see you cover.
Speaker 1: Now we're now.
Speaker 3: Were you ever making these reservations yourself? Or were they kind of coming through like companies or invitations or.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not like that. I'm not like that. Honestly, I was a waitress at a pretty fancy restaurant, so that's usually my friend who owned the restaurant would get me a reservation.
Speaker 1: Same same, I've done that before and my dad.
Speaker 2: Works in steakhouses in the city. So that's he's a waiter. So you locked in and I'm that world and that kind of waiter like they make bank.
Speaker 3: They make bank, like people don't need those levels to this waiter.
Speaker 1: Shit. Okay, there's a house.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, but I do. He's got to get out, Yeah, to get out. He's too old. But he's making money.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, if it's his passion and he's good at it.
Speaker 2: If it's his passion, you think it's his passion.
Speaker 1: For some people, it is.
Speaker 3: That's why I started giving themselves no names, Like I'm not a bartender, I'm a Somali. Ah, I went to school for this. What you mean, I'm not head bar back. I'm running F and D around this hole. Okay. There are some people their passion. It's a seruicide. No, he loves he loves the restaurant world. Hm.
Speaker 1: It wasn't my passion though, So I can understand where you're coming from.
Speaker 3: But I did it for many years and so this like so Yoshino is a ten seat Michelin star sushi war on Bowery that opened in twenty twenty one. It's a big event to get a seat there. And now that I'm looking at this, I've been to a place like this in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember the name.
Speaker 3: I just went with Miranda Cosgrove and her mama and it was just like this. Oh, I like, yeah, it's the kind of place you gotta be like, yeah, I'm with you know, child Caro, Right, okay, I'm with Netflix Royalty.
Speaker 1: She getting that reservation.
Speaker 3: If I call, I can try to be like, hey, y'all, have y'all heard a scam? Gut and they probably be like this, no, and hang up.
Speaker 1: I don't even think I'm getting to the next sentence.
Speaker 3: So this makes sense that people would try to find another way to get into these high end restaurants if they don't have the cloud or the power.
Speaker 2: But these are people finding the scalper like they're the scammers themselves.
Speaker 1: Oh I would find the scalper.
Speaker 3: I absolutely am kind of down for this if they're not stealing the reservation, like if I actually get it. So you know, we're talking about Yoshina, right, and it's this tense. It looks very fancy. It also looks just very expensive. They're only gonna do maybe twenty covers a night, maybe three sittings, maybe they get thirty people on that beach.
Speaker 1: So you know it's expensive wild, although I do like this better.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a lot of expensive restaurants where it's like huge, it's like the size of a cheesecak factory.
Speaker 1: I'm like, don't charge me a bunch of money for this.
Speaker 3: And the restaurant where there's ten people, I'm like, okay, y'all gotta make all money.
Speaker 1: So how much is the ice cubes? Again, Yes, it's exclusive.
Speaker 3: It's very plain in there, but you know that's like rich where rich people have pivoted to clean Yeah, clean the clean girl anesthetic because they're always running from broke e's. So once brokeys start to have access to things, then rich people were like, oh, we don't do that anymore. Like rich people used to be labeled down. They used to wear the Gucci belt, they used to have all the imbles on. The rappers got a hold of that. They were like, oh no, we wear eight hundred dollars white Tea's get away from us.
Speaker 2: You put I hate that. I love if something says product, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, put it on my body.
Speaker 2: I love fake Gucci.
Speaker 3: Chinatown bag, some Fucci you can hit sometimes, you know, some Gooseie. It's just like and it's like more unique than the pieces that they're slang and especially when it comes to Gucci, because I consider that, Damn, I'm gonna reveal myself as a snot. But I consider that brand to be a bit more pedestrian because it's easier to access. Yes, But at the same time, haven't I just did what I said that I just condemned to rich people for doing I'm like, everybody can get it.
Speaker 1: I don't want it anymore. It's nasty.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not like that.
Speaker 3: I'm not like that either, even though I kind of did say I was like that just a little bit. But I love Coach Comach just killing the game though, Like they're.
Speaker 2: Designed signed cheap Coach too.
Speaker 3: And their leather is one of the highest qualities. You know, I would have a TikTok rabbit hole about that. There's this leather artist who like breaks down like MS bags, all these really expensive leather bags. He cuts them apart, he like checks them for everything, and Coach ranks high up there in like quality.
Speaker 2: Of leather, in quality of leather.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm gonna stop talking because I'm revealing myself too much.
Speaker 1: You you're trying to expose me.
Speaker 3: So back to the story, because anyways, a reservation gets you two and a half hour twenty one chorus preset menum. The pinocchi counter was sourced from three hundred year old tree and the chairs were handmade.
Speaker 2: What was what? Wood?
Speaker 3: Wasn't that's a good point, damn. And I was trying to get you think.
Speaker 2: I was saying from me, tree.
Speaker 1: It's a really old one.
Speaker 2: So wood sounds like it's old. It's old wood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we don't do that new money. Would we only do old money? Would what get out here? And the chairs were handmade k okay As chairs are typically right. But they said that it comes from Japan and that the knives are crafted by a god a prefecture in Japan. So these are like fucking now wild knives. These are the best knives ever. And you know what I think when I eat food. Damn, A good knife cut this, I said, No one, but okay. According to your Sushi legend dot com, step into Yoshino. There's a feeling in the air. If you were lucky enough to attend Hamilton in New York on its first run or like a big Boxinger MMA match during sports respective you know seasons, like this is like going to the super Bowl of eating. Okay, I know I feel the same way. It's just because they won't let you in that you're like, there's an era about this place.
Speaker 1: Look at all the old Well this.
Speaker 3: One ain't young, like like come on now, So this began like kind of like it wasn't Yoshino that started this, but they contributed to these reservation wars. So talk is one of the many platforms competing for business in the reservation wars. And some restaurants use the old reliables like open tables, or they use seven Rooms, which is independently owned and funded by celebrity chefs like Jose andres and some just use yelp. If you're you know yelp the the ross dress for less of reservation apps. Everybody's on yelp. So Resie is also, you know, like a fake bougie one. So Resie and Talk are now the new bougier never talk, never heard of talk.
Speaker 2: So you're making new ones because.
Speaker 3: That's how you stay relevant once people start to hear about it. Then remember we got to run away the pores know about it, so we.
Speaker 2: You're not to talk.
Speaker 3: You've not heard of talk, And I'm like, you mean TikTok And they're like, oh, darling, no no, no, no, no no, So reside and talk of the new hot reservation like and they're like both owned by American Express and Resident which kind of gives to me, like, you know how Procter and Gamble owns a lot of competing brands, so you're gain and you're tied maybe competing soap brands, but they're owned by the same company, so American Express is doing that. We're like, if you think Resie is supedestriate, don't worry. We have talk now it's even bougie. Don't don't look at who is it? Don't look who I's it. So talk got like more expensive reservations because people were using prepaid bookings and dynamic pricing, so them how to the restaurant. You would have to pay in advance to get the reservation. And this has now just become a thing, so people, you know, will be like, oh, I'll make a rezie, which I've heard people say that, especially in New York, but now that word is just like how Kleenex is like, you don't say, oh, can I have a nose tissue?
Speaker 1: You say can I have a Kleenex? So they have the brand.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean, you couldn't pay me to say should I make a RESI but it was reservation.
Speaker 1: On the app.
Speaker 2: I'll be making a reservation on Rezi.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, because you're a woman of the people. Okay.
Speaker 3: So to get a reservation at Yo, she knew, you have to book on the talk platform and pay a five hundred dollars per person deposit that.
Speaker 2: You get back.
Speaker 3: The actual meal including tax and tip but not drinks, cost six hundred and forty six dollars per person, and reservations become available thirty days in advance and noon Eastern time.
Speaker 1: You know, it hurts me about this.
Speaker 3: I'm so tired of things that used to be free becoming money.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: This hurts me so much because of the fact that everyone's like, how can we make pay?
Speaker 1: Everyone paid for everything all the time.
Speaker 2: For going on the website, you're paying Like I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna go to the restaurant and pay anyway, and I was gonna to and I was gonna pay this inflated cost of this food. But you're gonna make me pay five hundred dollars before I even see the inside of this old ass wood.
Speaker 2: But do you get the deposit back? It's just a deposit to make sure you go.
Speaker 3: Technically, it's like it goes towards your meal, okay, except for drinks, so it just goes towards They.
Speaker 2: Make it confusing too, Yeah, and like.
Speaker 3: The confusion is what's getting me on on a scam because it's like, how much is going towards my meal? And how much of this is me paying for the exclusivity to go to this place and then paying even.
Speaker 2: Six hundred and seventy six dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sushi, six forty six, Yeah for sushi. And that's not alcohol. We ain't even got to the yamazaki y it. We don't even got nothing. Okay, shit, we don't got a soda water on the bill yet. And that's six forty six per person off rip. So and you got a way, and you got a big and.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be hungry.
Speaker 3: Look, they gonna give you a tiny little bite, but they gonna give you twenty one bytes.
Speaker 1: That better be enough, and probably a little suit.
Speaker 2: Of two Burrows after right, yeah, this is a dollare game.
Speaker 3: Definitely a pregame meal place, or this is like a model meal place, you know, where the girlies don't really eat.
Speaker 2: I worked at a really expensive, like fancy restaurant in the city and one of the menu items the menu was always changing, and one of the items was a scalp one scallop mm hmm, and it was twenty five dollars and order. I mean, I would be like, it's the best scallop you're ever gonna eat.
Speaker 3: You'll not thinking about the scallup, this one scallup.
Speaker 2: But it was funny the different kinds of like there would be people who would come in who would be like, I'll have the scallops, and I'd be like, so it is one one. And some people would be like, oh, okay, I'll have to like not even caring, and other people were like thank you, you know.
Speaker 1: Thank you for telling us.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I tried bringing it up in like a staff meeting and they were kind of like poo pooing me for even caring about it, you know, But I was like, we gotta tell these people. It's one fucking scallop.
Speaker 3: Honestly, though, I understand the pooh pooh. And here's why I used to be like that.
Speaker 2: Differ.
Speaker 3: No, I used to be like that in these restaurants, and so people would start ordering things like you like a Yamazaki twenty one hundred dollars a glass and it's only an alix and a half poor, and I'd be like, okay, just so you know, it's a three hundred dollars poor, and they would look at me and get mad at me, like why you think I'm poor?
Speaker 1: Why you think I don't have it?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, yeah, well that's what I mean saying. You know, but if it were me, I would like to know that.
Speaker 3: But the whole aesthetic two is also supposed to be the assumption that you're so rich that these prices won't shock you. And so I now, Yeah, as a way to sneak it, you can be like, it's a beautiful one scallop and it's not this and that on it.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful it's and it's one.
Speaker 1: No, but you gotta say it is all one thing.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You can't be like it's beautiful and also just a single scallop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because a single scallop dish. Oh now we're hitting now. Now the rich, now, the super rich people love it.
Speaker 3: And then the people who might be a little bit more reasonable about their money rightfully so they know it's a single scallop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm the saved tips.
Speaker 2: I just want to relate to everyone, like when people come into the restaurant, I like being like, I know it's fucking crazy, but you know.
Speaker 3: See, I'm more of a like in between because one thing I don't enjoy is going into a high end place. And this happens a lot to me as a black woman. I'll go into a very expensive place and if you can't clock my jewelry, if you can't clock what I got on, you may not know I can afford it, because you're gonna think I'm poor because I'm black. I don't know where this assumption always has come from, but you know that's that's the economic goal of white people is to keep us poor.
Speaker 1: So if they see us not being poor, but like, how you getting here? We gotta stop this.
Speaker 3: So I've gone in places and the people who work there are being all high falutin and snooty and bougie to me and I'm like, bitch, you work here, I shot here, I'm here, yes, so why are you treating me like I'm a slave. But I know that reverse psychology works on certain people, and they'll be like, I got to prove to you that I got money. If you treat me like that, I will walk my bitch that stuf out of therecat, I'm not giving you no fucking commission. And on my way out, I'm gonna tell everybody what you did. And now I'm gonna come back in like I'm so pretty woman. I'll come back in a big mistake you I feel me and put it on tiktocky, raggedy bitch you're talking.
Speaker 2: To me, I'm like, it's one scallop girl.
Speaker 1: No, that wouldn't offend me.
Speaker 3: The people who come in and they look down at me like totally sweetheart, like you know, or they don't even speak to me or greet me when I come into the store because they're like, she.
Speaker 2: Couldn't fell right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, fuck you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna buy a thousand dollars pants that I don't even want.
Speaker 3: Actually, but I would only do that if I knew how they return and worked a bunch of shit and then just return it so you could lose your commission.
Speaker 1: I'll let you have a commission just long enough to.
Speaker 3: Think you own it, and then I'll come back in the return period to fuck you.
Speaker 1: That's how petty I am.
Speaker 3: Don't play with me, and I'll make sure I coming on your day all so you could be surprised.
Speaker 1: I'm small. I'm sorry, but so I.
Speaker 3: Understand what you're saying, and I'm completely with you because this shit is ridiculous, especially when you think of the evaluation of what things cost like it's stupid, crazy rab run. So in early twenty twenty three, the general manager there, he got a tip from a regular customer that it was becoming impossible to get a seat at the restaurant. Reservations were being scooped up and resold in a close group on a Chinese social network e commerce site called Red Node or Little Red Book. So somebody was using the name when Winter's Weighing and other aliases to sell reservations for an additional one hundred and eighty dollars per seat.
Speaker 1: So they were going to get.
Speaker 3: The reservation with the five hundred deposit right then they were taking that reservation to another website.
Speaker 1: And flipping it into six point eighty.
Speaker 3: Right, then you still gotta go to a restaurant and paint at one and that's not drinks and clues. So somebody else has figured out a way to get in on.
Speaker 2: This genius, right, it's genius.
Speaker 3: I mean it hurts me though, because it makes me think about your foot flipper and how he was flipping the picks.
Speaker 2: And you did.
Speaker 3: Say you liked it. You did say you liked it, but I didn't liked that. She won't getting your cut at a tone, No more so, Miami. The the restaurant managers, they wrote to TikTok or excuse me, I'm calling TikTok.
Speaker 1: They can wrote to.
Speaker 3: Top and they alerted them of the scalping that was happening. And she also got screenshots from the scalping website revealing the methods that they were using to scalp these seats at famous New York restaurants.
Speaker 2: But how are people finding out? People are seeking out the scalping website?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, and so regulars who perhaps were able to call before, because once you have a rapport with a restaurant, you don't have to use those apps anymore.
Speaker 1: They know you're you know what we used to call them.
Speaker 3: So if I got like a chit from the hostess that said, like a very important like swanyer is coming in, that means that there's somebody who spends a lot of money with us. There might be things on the chit about their allergies, their preferences. Lino, Richie used to come into our restaurant all the time and he isn't great with chopsticks, and he's like, you know, I'm from Alabama, baby, And so it got to the point where when I knew when he was coming into the restaurant, I would already have the chopsticks on the little kid things for him, totally, the little clippers, like I would have his drink order ready because like he you know. So, yeah, the Swans were starting to be like, hey, I just usually call y'all, and every time I try to call y'all, now y'all booked up.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 3: And so that's when she had the inkling to see if there was someone else taking the reservations, because they know what reservations.
Speaker 1: They're getting from what websites.
Speaker 3: And also, if you think about it, if I were to purchase the restoration under a fake name on talk the real MX website, right, and then I go resell it.
Speaker 1: I probably have to change the name on the reservation or.
Speaker 3: Somebody or a bunch of different looking people keep coming in as mister Wang. Like what if I showed when I was like, hey Lacy, party of two or I'm like, yeah, it should be under mister Wang and Partia two. They could be looking at my black ass like who.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, no, no, y'all know I won't.
Speaker 2: Come out mister Wang.
Speaker 3: I've got a very complicated family. Okay, we got I'm adopted. Like people are just coming in with the same person's name or they're having to change the name. So it makes sense that they got this evidence and so now they're trying to stop what was going on. So wrapping this up Winter's Wang, which is the fake name, who's also me? I'm now Winter's Wang, a proud Asian woman as I've always been. This person isn't the first or the last dinner reservation scalper. In twenty twenty three, appointment trader dot com sold for almost six million dollars in restaurants. They sold almost six million dollars in restaurant reservations. Oh my god, a part appointment trader dot com. Why have I not thought of these things? So these these table scalpers, now they have a name. They slang a table. They're like, I got that table, I got that table. Could you imagine going to a fancy restaurant and then there's somebody standing outside, like in a trench, cable like table table, tight table, party of three.
Speaker 1: I got a party. I got a party of three at eight. What you want for what you want for it? I can't. I hate a marathon.
Speaker 2: You know what's a good hack? At the fancy place they worked at. You can go in person and make a reservation for the future, anytime in the future. And I do it in person.
Speaker 3: And sometimes they'll have somebody drop out, and randomly you'll get lucky and they have something that night. If not, they'll give you something later. Yeah, that's a hack for or if I'm on PR. Now, this is really gonna make me sound away. It's not my fault. Sometimes I will hit up my publicers and be like, can you get me into this restaurant?
Speaker 2: Do you live in New York? I?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, where are you?
Speaker 3: Are?
Speaker 1: You still in New York or where you at?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yes, you still got the energy and the spirits, so I figured as much. So yeah, they got all types of websites and people who are doing this. But now they got a hashtag that's going on. The hashtag is like a group of Fridance bros. They started using this hashtag in twenty twenty two called hashtag free resi for a group chat based out of the encrypted messaging platform Telegram. And they got busted. So they ain't got a telegram and these are fat bros. They're gonna find a way to rob us all. Like what like, what is the fight? What's the stock market? What do they add to the world? I don't know, No one does. It's theph it's a casino. Ain't nobody ever been like a Wall Street bro built my home? Like no, it's more likely they bought your home and outpriss your neighborhood. Yes, the holly do is destroyed. So of course they started to do a telegram and having their own sketchy ass rezie as well. Not shocked, right, So most of these reservations that they were using on this like secret app, because this is another one. This is a Telegram one hashtag free RESI. These reservations fell between seven and nine pm, and they targeted in demand tables at Michelin Star restaurants like Bles Bardin and you know TikTok's favorite Saint Theo's, So they're going for the ones that are really popular. There were seven hundred people in the group when it was shut down, including band members from The Chain Smokers and Lost King.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I will never listen to them again.
Speaker 3: Now, listen, when's the last time you've been in a Walgeren Is? That's the only time we hear the Chain Smokers. Ain't nobody at a party like put on them? Chain Smokers?
Speaker 1: What was their song?
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I couldn't. I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell you. It's like one of them everybody It take bab type song.
Speaker 2: You know, if it came on, I'd be singing it every oh.
Speaker 3: For sure, because we've heard it everywhere that we went, Okay, you're not gonna hear a commercial for a bank without the change. You know it's out there. It's crazy. It's funny to me that they couldn't get reservations. So they were also in there so many restaurants were still like in twenty twenty two, requiring you to show a vaccination card when you showed up to dine. Right, and maitre GeSe noticed that the reservation name and the vaccine card were different. So remember when I brought up earlier that I was miss Wang. Everybody can't be miss Wang, especially if your vaccination card is not the same. So Resi deleted people's accounts so they So there were people who created the telegram right our finance bros. Their names were Cold sal and Steve. I don't really need to give them too much credit. That's all we need to know about them. But Resie was like, y'all gotta go bitious, so deleted all of their accounts that they were using to get these reservations, including ones that they use for themselves personally. So now they can't even use rezzine no more. They gonna got kicked off, they banned, getting banned from a.
Speaker 2: Reservation website, Like can we all be so serious and for real?
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna wrap it up with something that is like a little bit of a pivot.
Speaker 1: But before I do, I do want to let.
Speaker 3: You know that Steve and Cole have comment when they got deleted from Rezie. Right, So Steve said, there's always going to be drawbacks when you disrupt something.
Speaker 1: Of course you call the disruption.
Speaker 2: Loser.
Speaker 1: Loser.
Speaker 2: You got caught, so actually you're a loser.
Speaker 1: Also, what do you mean disrupt?
Speaker 3: Like the word is such a weird, douchey term that if I'm sorry, ladies, gentlemen, daising them's. If you ever on a date with somebody they tell you they're a disruptor, you better run your ass up out of there, okay, because what do you mean?
Speaker 2: They're not disrupting a rally, a far right rally, You're disrupting a reservation website.
Speaker 3: Like by disrupting, all you're doing is making the prices more expensive. Like Uber called themselves disruptors when they first started. What Uber did was they got a fuck ton of VC capitalists to invest in the company so that they could operate at a loss long enough to outprice everybody else. So it was like they were so cheap that all these other companies were out of business.
Speaker 1: The cab drivers started killing themselves in New York.
Speaker 3: Like it was real shit, because cab drivers had like medallions, and those things were a billion dollars to own your cab, and like I felt bad for them, but I also didn't feel bad because I've been hit by too many cabs in New York City. And when I say clipped, like clipped, like I opened the door and I'm leaving my job.
Speaker 1: It's like four am. I'm like, hey, I gotta go to Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: They're like, I'm not going to Brooklyn and they drive off the doors still open. I'm like, ah, y'all should have been nicer to me, you rag me bitches.
Speaker 1: But like that's what disrupting is.
Speaker 3: It's like subjugating the market and then making yourselves a monopoly to where now Uber's like, who else you gonna get a ride with?
Speaker 1: It's us or a dui ho.
Speaker 3: So do you want to pay one hundred and eighty three dollars to go four blocks up this road home?
Speaker 1: Or would you like to be in jail or worse?
Speaker 2: Do you know about empowered? Do you guys have empower here?
Speaker 1: No? But I want it now? What is I need to get out of this hole that Uber got on me?
Speaker 2: It's it empowers the driver so they make more money apparently, or they get like a bigger cut of whatever the ride is, but it's not like regulated by anyone. So sometimes you'll get one guy that's like maybe fucked up or it's not the best, but it's cheap.
Speaker 3: It's cheap also, so sometimes it might be risks that we need to take and for what For what the drivers get on Uber. If I have a driver who's like nice and saying typically I do this with women, or like black cars that I know like are very expensive. If I really fuck with them, I'm like, hey, what's your phone number, because i'll office with I have business, Yes, and then you can drive me around the city, because now we're both getting our money's worth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So but I hate that we have to do that, and also I hate the risk involved in that because now I really I'm just getting in a car with a stranger with no accountability for what happens to me because there's no app tracking it. Even though Uber doesn't allow once you sign up for Uber, they don't allow you to do like public court, like if you want to assue, you have to do private arbitration.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, And what.
Speaker 3: That does is it shields Uber from the responsibility of the public knowing what's happened in certain cars. Or even statistics on you know, assault or or the driver being intoxicated or whatever the case. But I have a sneaking scam suspicion because every now and then Uber will send out an email that's like, if you'll drive a drunk, let us know, And I'm like, this, this is the last thing I should be getting from the taxi service.
Speaker 1: With your driver smoking crack support.
Speaker 2: You can tell us.
Speaker 3: It's not happening, but we just want to sure they not smoking crackings.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about why we ask him. I'm a little confusion.
Speaker 3: But so the DMV is also having a scalping issue, and this wraps up our episode. I just wanted to briefly touch on the fact that some states have passed legislation attempting to stop this kind of reservation scalping and to dismantle third party reservation services like appointment Trader. So appointment Trader wasn't just doing restaurant appointment trading.
Speaker 2: They were big on the scene.
Speaker 1: They said, they said, you need a DMV appointment.
Speaker 2: They don't want to wait appointment trader.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine a scalper at the DMV pulling that little deli ticket and just like rolling it out, take it all the spots.
Speaker 2: It's wild.
Speaker 3: But New York was the first to shout out to mom Donnie stand. New York was the first to pass the Restaurant Reservation Anti Piracy Act, which bans third parties from selling restaurant reservations without the restaurant's consent. The law went into effect mid February, and California is working on this same.
Speaker 2: Thing, wasting our time. There are other issues we need to be working way.
Speaker 1: Why is there now?
Speaker 2: We got to make an act. We got to make an act right.
Speaker 1: We need healthcare?
Speaker 3: Why why are y'all bothering my my legislators with.
Speaker 2: With DMVs Reservation Act? Oh my god, that's crazy. I feel you imagining this was so informative and amazing.
Speaker 3: Thank you, And you know, I'm hoping that people can get what they deserve. And Florida, the DMV scalpers led to people waiting in line overnight to renew their driver's licenses. That's how bad it got because they couldn't afford to scalp their way into the DMV. And the scalpers have been selling these appointments from twenty five dollars to two hundred and fifty dollars to go to the DMV to pay the DMV money so that you can drive. Otherwise you got to sleep outside like you're trying to give concert tickets in the eighties.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how that was happening there.
Speaker 1: Because I mean, it's Flora, It's the wild wild West.
Speaker 3: But it's been happening in Florida, New York, California, major cities where I think DMB appointments are even harder to get because our populations are so dense and everybody's going at the same time, you know, either before work or after. This is why I love being an actor, because I can go random times of the day sometimes, which is a blessing. But yeah, like, victims in Miami have filed a class action lawsuit against the Florida Department at Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles since scalping DMV appointments is technically obviously illegal. But I can't imagine having to make a class action lawsuit because I need to go to the worst government place on earth world, Like if Disneyland is the best place on worth, the DMV is the worst.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I just had a really good experience at the DMV, I got a real id. We're laughing. I'm laughing with the lady at the counter, laughing with the camera lady. Everyone was in good spirits.
Speaker 1: Cool, that's beautiful, that's beautiful. That's what I like to see.
Speaker 3: And that does bring us to the end of what has been such a fun ride. Thank you so much for being here. We always ask where do people want to be found? Anywhere that we can see you anywhere we can. Obviously you're special coming up all of that all and it.
Speaker 2: Social gram, I'm duty whole on Instagram.
Speaker 1: No, you're not.
Speaker 2: No, and I am d O O d I E hole.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, beautiful, and then your special comes out in September correct.
Speaker 2: Yes, on YouTube?
Speaker 1: On YouTube? Yeah, and what day is that? What day is that coming out?
Speaker 3: September seventeenth, September seventeenth, We all lock in, get on the socials follow Edie, you know she's amazing. I don't know, buy a foot if she's still still almost she still on the foot, no more, she's a big time y'all.
Speaker 2: It's going up, It goes up.
Speaker 3: The price goes up. Yesterday's price, not today's pride period. Yes, it's always y'all can find us at g I V A l A C I DVA Lacy.
Speaker 2: That's me.
Speaker 3: If you want to see the photos from episode. Scam got his pod on all the platforms, and if you want to write into the show, because y'all every now and then, I'm gonna be pulling back up listener letters, so y'all need to give me.
Speaker 1: Some fresh stuff. Scam got his pod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: If you want to snitch on your friends, your family, or your enemies, get involved. Watch my show on Hulu. Watch all the shows I got on Hulu. Give my books. Support a black woman and y'all leave five stars.
Speaker 2: I want your book, I'll send to you.
Speaker 3: And if y'all, if y'all want to support a black woman and time's tight, money is hard, all you gotta do is hit that five stars on Apple Reviews. And if you have supported me, okay, that's Where'm gonna make my fake reservation apposcope like and subscribe. I'll be on the dark web as well buying them.
Speaker 1: All Right, y'all, get out there and stay.
Speaker 3: Don't be late for your appointment to cry Scam Godess. Scam Goddess is an iHeartMedia and big money players production. The show is hosted by me Lacy Moseley, the SVB of West Coast Production's Jack O'Brien, Vice president of Programming Miles Gray, and Director of Programming Lindsay Hoffman Oversea Production. Our executive producer is Joel Monique. Our senior producer is b Haskins. Ina Burke is SEP of Content, with additional services provided by Mark Canson, Dylan Unger and the team at Hot Dog Sandwich. Our editor is engineer Justin Conner. Our theme music is composed by me Lacy Moseley. Cover on photo is Robin bon Swang. You could follow the show at scam got his Pod on Instagram TikTok. If you've been scammed, pulled the scam, or saw a scam, send us an email at scam goottus pod at gmail dot com to tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to
Speaker 3: Like and subscribe and tell a fredh