Speaker 1: What is up? My loves It is La lat Kent's with Randall and we are back for the third week in a row.
Speaker 2: Yes, of our new contract.
Speaker 3: We have a new one year, healthy and vibrant contract, brought to you by less Wood One.
Speaker 1: I love it so since the last time we did this thing, I was waiting to see where I would place with my book. Yes, so I'm not a New York Times best selling author yet.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to add that the first week your first week, and a lot of people get on the second and third week.
Speaker 1: So right, which I wish I would have known that, because I definitely wouldn't have put so much pressure on myself. You know, I would have been like, oh, fuck it if I don't make it the first week, bucket. But I had no idea. Yeah, so I had no idea. So I just thought like, I didn't make it, and then everyone was like, well I didn't make it the first week either. The second week. I was like, what the fuck did you just say? There's a second week? They're like, yeah, there's actually a month that you could go without making it and then make it. So I am, however, a national best selling author. So we we made one of the lists. I think there's like a million in one list, but I made like a good one. So that's great.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, thank you, So I feel great about it. I'm still promoting the book. If you have not gone out to purchase your copy or order it online? Whoa what?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 3: Can wait?
Speaker 1: I'm supposed to have a podcast, and I'll promote my own shit.
Speaker 2: That's the all reason we have a podcast.
Speaker 1: So why are you laughing?
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: God, you're such a punk, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm a punky right.
Speaker 1: Now, back to me. If you have not ordered your copy or gone out to purchase your copy of my book, give them laalat. Make sure you fucking do that.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we got that out of the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, all right.
Speaker 2: Well first I just want to add and I.
Speaker 1: No clearing your throat on the mic. I'm begging you, ow Randall.
Speaker 2: Everywhere I go to him, everywhere I go. I have rules.
Speaker 3: When I walk in the bathroom, I have to pick up the towels that I drop on the floor. When I come to the office where we are here in our podcast studio, I can't clear my throat.
Speaker 2: Next, she's gonna tell me, I cannot breathe, don't say it. Don't say it, La la la la, bite your tongue.
Speaker 3: All right, listen, I want to I was gonna say something nice and then you just told me basically stop breathing.
Speaker 2: You smiled when I said that.
Speaker 1: What I wanted to say want the other day, this was really funny. I was so proud of myself. He was like coming for me, right or no, I was coming for him.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, let's start that story over.
Speaker 1: I knew something sounded wrong about that. I was for him. I was telling him what to do, as per usual. I mean, he looks at me. He's like, you think that if I like rammed my head into that wall hard enough, like it may knock me out to like the point of no return. I was like, we can only hope. We can only fucking hope. Why didn't you give it a try?
Speaker 3: People, the behind the scenes romanticism going on.
Speaker 1: I talked about it today. I was like, Randall and I bicker often, like we never have. We rarely have huge explosive, like game changing argument. But it's a constant bicker. But at least our rugs are flat. There's nothing piling up under there, but you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, Okay, Well, I'm gonna try to get this compliment out now. After all that I was trying to say to you that I know you put a lot of attention into making certain lists, and what I wanted to say to you, and I've said it to you before, is that you're thirty years old and you have a top selling national bestseller book. And I think that in itself is a win just writing the book on top of making even that accolade. And I think sometimes you don't give yourself the credit. So I do hope going forward behind your to yourself, because I think it's a huge accolade to have a book. There's many people, including myself and who I consider I've done some pretty cool things in life that doesn't have a book.
Speaker 2: So bravo, and my hat's off to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, baby, I appreciate that. I'm very proud. Definitely.
Speaker 3: Okay, so pivoting, we're pivoting, pivoting, Let's talk about what is going on in the world today, in the tea world, not our real life world.
Speaker 2: In the lala.
Speaker 3: Is there any tea we should know about that your fans definitely like to know about and Tim and I are too old to know about.
Speaker 1: Well, today it was just announced that Bravo Con is coming bet on October twenty twenty one. Wow is on and poppin' And for those of you who missed out on Bravocon in twenty nineteen, you must not it was lit.
Speaker 3: And let me say this, I didn't know what the fuck Bravo Con was. I know that I was in the middle of promoting Irishmen and I remember being in Santa Barbara and I came back to La Laala. I was like, you must come support me, be there for me. I'm like, of course, bape. So I went to the premiere, got on a plane, went to Bravo Kon arrived not knowing and I'm being really serious, not knowing what I was walking into. I thought it was like maybe a little convention that she goes up on the stage and says, hi, I'm Lala and a few people show up.
Speaker 2: Over ten thousand people attended.
Speaker 1: I can't remember an exact number. That may be exaggerated.
Speaker 2: Post and deadline. That's all I was.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, there were over over.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand, like I think total through the whole conference. By the way, first year this year, probably double. But what tim the craziest thing is And this is when I knew, Wow, this is the these reality shows, this network, Bravo, these all these shows. You know they're big and you know they're like you see the attention people give them, but you don't really know unless you kind of see, like you see the fans and the attention, these different realities start to get I got out of a taxi to pull up to meet you at that theater and there was a line of maybe three hundred people like waiting to get into this eight hundred seed theater.
Speaker 2: You're crazy.
Speaker 3: And here's here's the best part of it all. I swear to you, I went to the stage door. While I go to the stage store or somebody will meet you. They'll have a pass for you to go in. So I get out of the taxi. There's three hundred people they're waiting to see the the cast go up on stage.
Speaker 2: I get out of there, I swear to you, and I was I hadn't even appeared on your show at this point.
Speaker 3: I don't think right, no, no, no, so I was just I was just fiance, you know, just like with with you know, anyway, get out of the taxi and they are screaming, And at first I'm like this, Where's where's the the And they're screaming my name Lot Randall, Randall Randall, and I go, what the fuck's going on? Like these people know who I am. I'm fucking the boy toy. It was very What did I say to you? I was very impressed. I could not believe the I mean, the fanaticism of your show is pretty.
Speaker 1: So it's like it's a Bravo cult, Like people are obsessed. And I get it because I've been watching Bravo for years, like.
Speaker 2: Since before vanderbumb oh.
Speaker 1: Since like oh see Housewives came out and they've been on for like fifteen sixteen years, so it's only grown since then. Obviously, you know, we have Bravo Con where it's every Bravo celebrity that's ever graced.
Speaker 2: The channel, I mean, below Deck, Housewives, all of them.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was crazy, but the craziest part, like I was with Bo at that time.
Speaker 1: And Stacey's husband.
Speaker 3: Right, and and Bo and I were in the audience. We weren't participating obviously, and we were like there getting drinks at the bar, right and we couldn't walk to him.
Speaker 2: I'm swearty.
Speaker 3: We couldn't want from the bar up to our seats without I mean obviously they know him really well, but I mean they knew me, which I was shocked.
Speaker 2: So it just shows you.
Speaker 3: That not only do they know the cast, the permanent cast, but they know everything about each cast member and their personal lives, which I just thought is shocking because I don't think movie stars, you know, having head launch and dinner with different, you know, people in our industry, it's different the fanaticism. Your fanaticism is super intense and high level, and they're passionate and they really love you guys.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's because they've watched us for so long and you feel like, you know, like they feel like they are friends, which you know, like they all know us yea. You know, they've watched us go through the highs and the lows. They've watched us get really drunk, and then they've watched us like this season we'll be having babies, so they really go through life with us. It's pretty incredible. And I think Bravo Kon was the first place where I always I've always known like I'm a part of a show that people watch and are into. But that was the first place where like people were chanting give them and I was like, holy shit, this is really cool. Like I used to think about these moments when I was like sitting on the couch in Utah, and now it was like an out of body experience. So the fact that we get to go back after coming off of a you know, lockdown in a worldwide pandemic, that we're going back to have Bravocon.
Speaker 2: Which is amazing.
Speaker 3: It's going to be epic, and it's going to be such a celebration of like fun and just partying and just enjoying.
Speaker 1: It'd be so much fun and litness. I'm gonna be let.
Speaker 3: Off my ass, but I want to say, but I'll drink for both of us. But I want to say, Tim, the craziest end of Bravocon for me was the last night, I guess the vander Pump Rules closing party, and we were in the same theater and we were up on this balcony and there were thousands of people there and they were screaming for law, screaming for the rest of the cast. It was it was just so amazing to see the love that your show gets in all of you as cast members.
Speaker 2: It's pretty neat. So I'm making you go with me this year to just watch the hype. It's just it's really cool. Really, Tim's not going to pass up a New York City trip.
Speaker 1: No, And it's like full force, drink fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Timmy, you'll fit right in. Yeah, I could.
Speaker 4: I could see myself there.
Speaker 1: It was like I could see myself having fun there. Yeah. So on that note of talking about all things La la and what's happening with me in my neck of the woods, let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be back.
Speaker 1: All right, We're back, bitches.
Speaker 3: So why so I want to tell our austeners, our listeners, yeah, that today is a special day, and I let you introduce the guests. But I just want to set it up. So we have not had a guess as our third episode because we wanted to wait. We wanted our first guest to be somebody that we both thought was representative of just something that would be somebody I respect, somebody you respect, Somebody that's cool, that's talented, that just embodies like what our podcast.
Speaker 2: We hope the.
Speaker 3: Kind of talent we can bring to the table. Right since you and I are not well, yours cool.
Speaker 2: But I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, Oh, I thought you were going to say someone who's talented unlike us.
Speaker 2: I was like, I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going in that direction.
Speaker 3: But the person that the person that we're bringing on is by far not only a friend and a real friend. And I just got to work with him on a film I finished, and we're doing a bunch of other projects. But he's also an incredible iconic musical performer and actor and brand person like you, law, and I just think that he's very special.
Speaker 1: So am I a brand person?
Speaker 2: You are?
Speaker 1: I like that? All right?
Speaker 2: Do you mean your brand person? You have like four companies?
Speaker 1: I like that. I like being a brand person anyway. We have Quavo as our cast today from the Migos, right, and I have been obsessed with Migos and I love Quavo as well, But Migos since they came out with the song hand Some and Wealthy, I don't know if you know that, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's bad Handsome and wealthy. This song is called Hans and Wealthy. Yeah, so he wrote it for me, He wrote it for you. Ship when he gets here, I'm gonna tell Quevo thank you. And you must have wanted to work with me in the movie business. So you wrote me a song. Wow, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: It's so good, you guys, and it takes me right back to my Olympic apartment getting so fucked up before I went out dressed like a skank, and it was the best time.
Speaker 3: We really have to go to those details Olympic apart. By the way, I could have taken Olympic apartment with a period. I didn't need the rest.
Speaker 1: Have you heard this song?
Speaker 2: R Well, he wrote it for me.
Speaker 1: Hold on, it's so good. I can't. Yeah, I get high feet of this song. You know it?
Speaker 2: Or no, yeah, I've heard it. Oh it's good. But I know that justin timber like one brother.
Speaker 1: All right, you know that justin Timberlake.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So what's great about Quevo is this is like the Grammy nominated superstar sold endless amounts of albums, works with every big artist in collaborating. So I'm really excited to hear his story because his story of how the migos came together for me is like kind of that rags to riches story, you know, what I mean, like you started in high school together. They were friends in high school, the three of them, one of them is his cousin. It's just it's such a family. We were broke our other cousin took us from club to club for one hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: The night he told me.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, I mean the whole thing, And I just want him to share that with us because that's a really special story because it doesn't happen like that for everybody. And he was just so hungry, like you law, of such a young age of myself to get in the business and be successful, and here he is. So I'm excited when we bring him on after the segment, you.
Speaker 1: And me both. I want to know, like when he was a young kid coming up, like what kind of music was he listening to? Obviously he was big into hip hop, but I want to know, like who was your go to artist that you were just like, oh my gosh, he's the reason why I have to make this happen, and who he wanted to work with, because a lot of these rappers you know that he probably grew up listening to are still around and could you imagine being like this young kid saying I want someone like Drake, I want to work with him, and then you're just fucking listening, like working with Drake, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Crazy, it's got to be amazing.
Speaker 3: I think those are great questions, and I think, I think that's got to be amazing. Here this young kid in high school and you dream, you inspire it by these artists, and then three, four or five years later you're working with these artists.
Speaker 1: It's very strange to me. And I'll tell you I was doing while'n out. I think this was a couple of years ago because it was before the pandemic, and I did it with this kid, these two kids, Lil TJ and another kid named Polo g Okay, and they're young, and I just remember them performing and then you know, a couple months later, they just blew the fuck up okay. And it is incredible to see these young kids come from places that are very different from where I come from, and nothing stopped them from getting to where they are. Like, it's very inspiring. So I'm a super hype to have Quavo on.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's amazing now, like.
Speaker 1: Is he coming or like is he going to roll? Up in the Rari soon Lambo.
Speaker 2: Oh he might have too. I don't know. I don't know. But but when I.
Speaker 3: First met him the first time, and people don't know this, he starred co starred in my Robert de Niro John Alvivich movie that I'm editing right now, Colwahapian River. And when I first met him in La he came to the office and this just epic purple Lamborghini.
Speaker 1: He's I think he had his own name on his car, and I was like, that's everything that I want.
Speaker 2: On the side.
Speaker 1: That was so sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's uh, he's a cool guy. I have to take some lessons.
Speaker 1: Well, Randall told me the other day, he was like, Hey, I'm in Miami and I'm about to not that I didn't know he was in Miami. I knew Randa was in my He even just call me and tell me he was there. He was in Miami and he calls me and he's like, Hey, I think I'm gonna go have dinner with Quavo. Randall sends me a picture. I call him immediately and was like, we have to get you some swag. Bro, Like these.
Speaker 2: Issues is very upset. She was very upset.
Speaker 1: I was very upset by the way.
Speaker 3: Quavo never said that my outfit's whack. He Quava thinks I'm cool.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm telling you, as your wife that you we got to step your game.
Speaker 2: Up, step it up. Yeah, okay, so that means shopping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to go shopping. And there are times where he dresses like super well and I'm like, how does this happen?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: How is it such a hit or miss?
Speaker 2: Because I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: That's what's also.
Speaker 3: Remember most of my life, I'm either in the office with my coworkers or I'm on a movie set with one hundred and twenty other people who don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: By the way, and we're trying to make a film.
Speaker 1: Whether you have the swag, you have the swag in your DNA. That's why I fell for you, and you know I had a baby with you because you have swag from the core. We just got to get the outside like more nice and tight because Randall's into just function and not form. It's like, as long as it covers my body parts, it works. You know, attention to zero detail.
Speaker 2: I don't care. Oh oh oh, How can we not forget the latest tea?
Speaker 1: How can what is it? What's the latest?
Speaker 2: You serious?
Speaker 3: James fucking Kennedy and Raquel are engaged.
Speaker 1: I know, epic, epic.
Speaker 2: We were there.
Speaker 1: I know we were it was fun. I was there.
Speaker 2: I was there too.
Speaker 1: You weren't there.
Speaker 2: I was there.
Speaker 1: He wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Why are you saying there?
Speaker 1: Because you left and.
Speaker 2: Go to dinner and I came back.
Speaker 1: But he make it. He missed like the engagement, like the big and everyone. I didn't know they were getting engaged, but he knew. Yeah, but it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 3: We're not going to get into that. No, I had to go to its dinner. But I'm gonna just say this. I was there and then I wasn't there, and then I came back and they were engaged.
Speaker 1: He's so he's having the worst pomo. Did you see that? He was like? I was there. It's like, no, you weren't.
Speaker 2: I was there for the second fire works show, So fuck off, James. I was there and you know I was there.
Speaker 1: Do you have a ring on your wedding finger?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, Timbo, you see that I got that for him?
Speaker 4: I see that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, this is so annoying that we keep calling each other fiances, Like, we're so past that.
Speaker 6: What are you then fiances? We're fiances with a ring fiance plus No, she all me that.
Speaker 3: We're not calling each other fiance anymore, calling my husband I don't even share it any.
Speaker 2: So we're calling each other their life.
Speaker 1: We do everything that a husband and wife do, except we have we don't have the paper that makes it extremely difficult to walk away. Yeah, but which I think is even bigger because it's like, wow, we like really want to be together because we're fighting.
Speaker 2: Our wedding got canceled. Here's the thing we have.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of trauma from the three canceled weddings, uh, the three sets of imitation traumatized, and we with the fourteen different dates, with the different things with the different registries. So we just want to get through the pandemic, let life return back to what it will be hopefully in twenty twenty two, and then we'll resume that movement. But for now, like she said, we we have planned more weddings la la night.
Speaker 2: Then people will do an all lifetime.
Speaker 1: It's so annoying.
Speaker 3: I mean, we literally plan three weddings. We plan three weddings to each other, the three times.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The part that I'm most excited about that it didn't happen in April is that now our baby is going to be at the wedding and by the time it happens, she's probably going to be walking and she can walk down.
Speaker 2: The she could be the flower girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my gosh. So that's the silver lining. It's a little baby, oh yes, and.
Speaker 2: That's going to be really beautiful.
Speaker 3: And second all, let's wrap up this segment because I do want to bring up Ocean. I would like to bring Ocean because you are eight weeks. We just had the two month birthday for Ocean, yep. And I just want to take my hat off and tip it to you that you are a badass mother. You have crushed it. You have been there every second. And listen, I know all mothers are superheroes, all mothers are wonder woman. I'm not taking away from any other mother out there, but you're the mother of my child, right so you're my superwoman. And I just want to tell you that I'm so proud of the woman that you are and have always been. But seeing you with Ocean holy shit, I mean you are, I mean you changed. Diceer is like I mean like like like Clark Kent goes into a superman like like. I mean the I mean the baby bom And before I can even like look, it's like new diaper, white people, white paper.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's unbelievable. It's unbelievable. I mean the swaddle happens in second.
Speaker 4: I never figured that out.
Speaker 2: The swaddle. Listen, let me take that.
Speaker 1: Intimidating No, not for you, not for you.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you something.
Speaker 3: Even when she says, go get the swallow, I'm thinking, oh, you know what, I'm gonna throw up that swaddle. I'm gonna hit it this time with the wrap. I'm gonna I'm gonna show her how I.
Speaker 2: Do it this time swaddle.
Speaker 3: And as I'm playing the baby down even start, she looks over and she's so irritated that it's taken me five minutes to even put one thing layer over that she.
Speaker 1: There's a thing. He's great at all of it. But I'm such control freak that even if it's a little off the way I would do it, then it's like the fuck out of here.
Speaker 2: I'll take Yeah, she's very very controlling. But the thing.
Speaker 3: But that's good because our daughter is swallowed at the highest level ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: She's killing the game. Just a little. Ocean one puts me in check quite like baby. Oh, she like fucking puts me in check with that scream. I'm telling you what I've gone toes with some people. I've never gone toes with someone quite like Ocean. Yeah, Ocean, she will fuck your shit ups.
Speaker 2: And Ocean's not happy. Everyone's not happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So our whole goal is.
Speaker 3: Let's get Ocean really calm and smiling. Let's feed her, and when we're done feeding her, let's just love her till she.
Speaker 1: Call yeah exactly, let's totally it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Ocean.
Speaker 3: But Ocean now, now after two months, is slowly starting to come out of the scream phase and she's really starting to get a new routine, which is really nice.
Speaker 1: Tim.
Speaker 2: We took her swimming there, We took her swimming.
Speaker 1: She hated that.
Speaker 2: Because the pool is cold, but that's up. She rocks it.
Speaker 1: She rocks it. Did either of your kids go through a screaming phase?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they got out of it, and now one of them came back into.
Speaker 1: Her Wait, which one.
Speaker 4: Darcy Arcy Darcy instantaneously screams like if her shirt doesn't feel right. Darcy Darcy is a Darcy the Diva.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's three.
Speaker 4: She used to be the calmest child.
Speaker 2: Darcy Darcy runs the show.
Speaker 4: When she like up until she was about two, she just you put her down to sleep at seven o'clock. She wouldn't come out of bed until you got her at eight in the morning. It was amazing. And then she turned two and like a terrible too.
Speaker 2: And she's still stuck.
Speaker 4: I mean she's really sweet, but yeah, screaming.
Speaker 3: I've watched your kids. Yeah, I babysited your kids an entire night.
Speaker 2: Yes, Lola and I both did. You had a.
Speaker 3: Birthday and you and your wife, you know, you wanted to surprise her and take her away, and and you couldn't do it because you didn't have help that night.
Speaker 2: And I said I would volunteer with Lawa. I volunteer both of us, and then you drop the kids off.
Speaker 3: And when you surprise your wife, she called us crying that she couldn't believe that she was getting a date night.
Speaker 2: Remember it's very nice.
Speaker 1: I remember that. I love your kids though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're sweet, very sweet.
Speaker 1: Wow. So even though, can Darcy talk at three?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: So then do you ask her, why are you screaming your head off?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And she's Her answer is always.
Speaker 2: It's too tight.
Speaker 1: It's too tight. I love little dog.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I can expect it to end and then start back up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, terrible.
Speaker 3: I think Ocean's really starting to chill now, and it's so fun seeing her smile and starting to really like see us and all that, and it's really beautiful. And I think that you know, we will have a year and a half of peace and then you know, terrible too, So we'll just have.
Speaker 2: To get ready.
Speaker 1: She's a diva, baby, she is a diva. But I love her so much, Like even when she's screaming her head off, I really really like, I've never in my life. I'm like, You're just the cute thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 3: Finish this segment with saying something that I told you so, and here it is to your audience. Lala told me that she could never love a child like her dogs. Now, Laala loves her dog, specifically Lily, because Lily gets all the FAVORITESMLL.
Speaker 1: Lily is the only one that I compared anyway.
Speaker 3: I will finish this statement if you looked me in the face many times and believed what you were saying. I said, Lala, there's no version like a lot of dog lovers tell me this. A lot of them before they have even my sister. My sister loved her dog like a child, and she has two kids now and barely knows a dog's name anyway. Right, And you said that to me about Lily and the second and this is how great I want your audience to know this.
Speaker 2: The Second.
Speaker 3: Ocean came out within i'd say, fifteen seconds from cutting the end of the court and handing it to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The first thing out of your mouth was I don't think I could love anybody the way I love Ocean.
Speaker 1: Actually, I know for a fact I could never love anybody or anything as much as.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: And you and the other line after that you said, which I don't think you remember, because you know it was all intense and all that you said, my heart has never been this.
Speaker 1: Full, yes, ever? Yeah, And I turned into a sobbing mess. But you know I've come to the I've come to terms with I only know how to express emotion two ways, screaming or sobbing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you only have two gears.
Speaker 1: Only two gears, And I'm okay with that. And I think once I came to Grips with that and it was like whatever, I felt much better about life. You know. It's like, I'm sorry that I called you this name. I can't guarantee I won't call you that again, though, It's like it feels so freeing to be able to say that.
Speaker 2: You know, I would say this.
Speaker 3: I would say that when you sign up for the Lawla program, whether you're the friend or the spouse, you have to know going in if I'm gonna be Lalla's friend, like and forget me, but other people around you, you're either signing up for the crying or the screaming program. And as long as you know that that's part of the friendship, then you just find.
Speaker 1: But you also sign up for if anyone fucks with you.
Speaker 3: Oh, you'll just cry or scream at them exactly, I think screaming. But I will say, I'm not going to say you're soft er, but you are. I think that since you've had ocean, you know what it is. Your patience for outside things affecting you has dropped. Like, you're much more. It takes you a lot more to go to a ten than it used to. You know what I'm saying, because you're all I think you're just your heart is so full and you're not is on edge. Let's just say, right, I mean, is that a fair statement?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know, who knows though she's only two months old. You know, I could definitely, I could definitely step back into old ways very quickly. And you know what, I'm gonna be okay with that, you know.
Speaker 2: All right, I not know it. I'm going to pivot to the break.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a break and after.
Speaker 2: This message will be back with Quavo.
Speaker 1: What's up, babes. We are back with Quavo. I'll be honest, I had no idea that this was really going to pop off. And here you are lighting a blunt at my fucking podcast table.
Speaker 7: And then I got to be comfortable, you know, yeah, no, I dig it out, say.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. We got to do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I think this is quabo am I right? This is your first podcast.
Speaker 2: Ever, It is my first podcast.
Speaker 3: Who I love it so look, I just want to I just want to get to it because we do a lot of time. Quavo's busy guys dropping new albums, doing all this crazy stuff that he does. Cravo, tell everybody how you started, because I know a little bit of backstory, but like you were in high school?
Speaker 2: Did how did this come to? Guess?
Speaker 7: Started out the basement of my house on the north side of Atlanta, And it came from a laptop basement, mic and computer and three guys and and we just grind and we worked and we just made music. And all of us grew up from the We all from the same high school. So I've been doing all my guys since eighth grade, like on the friendship level, but like the group, the guys in the group, that's my cousin and my nephew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So but how does it happen?
Speaker 3: So you're in high school, everybody wants to be in a band, everybody wants to start music, but not everybody douts it at your level.
Speaker 2: So how does it?
Speaker 3: Like, how does the trajectory go from high school to record deals and collaborating with people like justin Timber.
Speaker 2: Like, how does this? I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry one would just as timulated dumb ass, but yeah, so uh, the music just was just was being like super super like mad neeted you know what I'm saying, Like super attractive in And it was like every time we dropped the song, whether in high school, whether it's about football, whether it's about like just some some high school ship, would just be like the song of the school. So we just kept doing that, kept doing and then it turned to magic. But it started like from just us dropping off a drinking and some songs and smoking with the DJ and just locking in and taking over our town.
Speaker 3: And then and what happens you start performing local venues at what age does like your first like what we call success.
Speaker 2: I guess, right, when does that happen? Like when is that moment?
Speaker 7: It's most definitely when the song hit the radio. Songs hit the radio when it's like like locally, you know what I'm saying, Like when it's are we playing a new recor we're trying to break these artists, they they they're the youngest out of the out of Atlanta, out to North and once everything start doing that like going off the radio, and then Gucci Gucci Man tweeted that he wanted to see us, he want to find us and he would part of ten seventeen Like that was that was really like life changing after that, Sky's a limb.
Speaker 1: Wow damn. So I first started listening to you guys, which give me if if y'all were like on and popping way before this. I'm sure you were. But I remember being at my Olympic apartment uh in La and listening to Handsome and Wealthy on repeat and getting so white girl schwasted to that song before I went out.
Speaker 2: That's most That's one of the day one.
Speaker 1: Didn't she Okay, she knows music.
Speaker 2: I'm like checked out old, but she's like loves.
Speaker 7: That was our second I think our second mixtape, no label too.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, So you were how old are you?
Speaker 7: I'm thirty, just turned thirty.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're the same age. Who were you listening to when you were a young kid. I mean, I'm sure, I'm sure you listened to the greats, but like, who do you remember when you think back and you're like, that's gonna happen for me?
Speaker 2: Uh Guccie Lil Wayne, uh Wayne?
Speaker 7: I love that she's really Gucci and Wayne like really inspired, like on the inspired inspiration level, Like, yes, they inspired me. As I've seen that, I just knew that was my place.
Speaker 3: And how does how does working with family? Because obviously I know because you did a movie with me and you're acting. I talked about it before you came on about how talented you are in all mediums and how you just superstar across the board. People are starting to see that crossover. But how does working with family music? Does it get?
Speaker 2: Is it easy? Is it doesn't? Easier? Does make it hardest? Family?
Speaker 7: So most definitely you're gonna get the hard part. But when it's so easy, when it's going when it's when it's going so good, you automatically just know that this family and I won't want to do it nobody else, you know what I'm saying. So that lords the fact that like kind of kick in and and and outweighs the feelings and us being man like every time we anytime, anytime we argue, we just know, at the end of the day we are family.
Speaker 1: Like you have the unconditional love factor. But I think you also because of the line of work you're in, you know when you have to put that part aside. And say like it's about the bag before you know. It's like you're trying to get it. We're trying to get it, you know.
Speaker 3: So I get the mean wait the back meaning the money.
Speaker 2: You can't fumbled it. You can't fumble it.
Speaker 7: Don't fumble the bed came from of the bedev.
Speaker 3: And I had the funniest moment. And I want to know if you know this baby, because I'm not. Really that's cool, right, And him taught me something. So people like when they get too fanatical within your own camp, like they're too much of a Lalla fan or too much of a Quavo fan, he calls it something and I love.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, not we love.
Speaker 2: We love our fans. You know what I'm saying. It's just like Save. For instance, you have a Saves.
Speaker 7: You got like a cleaning lady cleaning your house and she wanted to like take pictures of the plaques on the.
Speaker 2: Wall and they have all the people.
Speaker 7: Let people know that how my bed need to be made, you know what I'm saying, Like something like that, somebody somebody your team and they're part of like the group, and so we call it group.
Speaker 2: Down, what is it?
Speaker 1: Group? No I've know you're something new.
Speaker 7: If I whip out the camera light right now, I'm just chilling with it, right it can't stop like I'm grouped out.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: If you get grouped out. If you get grouped out, you're out for good.
Speaker 7: So it's like it's like it's like when you a famous person, meet a famous person, like like your favorite famous person right in.
Speaker 2: The world, and like you don't want to like wait does that no, I do it. Let me tell you why. I'm going to tell you that group.
Speaker 5: Is grouped out as out of your mind grouped me.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't come here if I got grouped You know what, You're.
Speaker 3: Using the word out of context, I am.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you what grouped out is here.
Speaker 3: It is you have somebody in your team that works with you and they are constantly like going off on like grabbing pictures.
Speaker 1: It would be like me being like, hey, I'm doing my podcast podcast, and then.
Speaker 3: Every time came to dinner or lunch or breakfast, you're still posting.
Speaker 2: I would be grouped out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have this question. Yeah, not for you, Rand, don't get too excepa.
Speaker 2: I wasn't what this is supposed to be a couple.
Speaker 1: When you were making music in the basement, was there somebody that you were like, I want to make music with you know this person one day and that ship came true because you've worked with a lot of people, you know, like Drake, which, by the way, if I ever worked with Drake, oh I get grouped out, I'd be grouped out. Can you say or will you get grouped out?
Speaker 5: If you say no, I don't get Oh, so I have to elevate my ship before I get no.
Speaker 2: Can I say one thing about being groupped out? You?
Speaker 3: I don't think you can be grouped out if you're a superstar. I don't think so I can grouperstars.
Speaker 7: Know pots Sometimes people just be over excited and like it's kind of you know what I'm saying, just being like super oversight. You can't get mad about being grouped just you just know the person just super group It's not you know what I'm saying. You can't just let me ask question five for being grouped.
Speaker 2: Let me ask a questions.
Speaker 1: I want to know. I want to know who he worked.
Speaker 7: I want to work who who did I want to work with?
Speaker 2: That it came true, Jay, Z and Beyonce.
Speaker 1: That's who you want to work with or you did, yeah he didn't when he works with your mouth, I.
Speaker 7: Just it's ape ship. We did ape ship the album off the album.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's grave. Ye shut shut up again. That is the rudest.
Speaker 1: I feel like once I entered a certain part of my life, I just kind of crawled into a hole and had no idea what the fun was happening at all. Ever, that's what happened.
Speaker 7: When you say when my boy Randall put you up, yep, yes, yes, And that.
Speaker 2: Means you don't say shut up to the person who loves Okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna group out. Okay, what are you gonna ask? No?
Speaker 3: I actually I like that question because that's actually interesting that you you look up like we all do to jay Z and Beyonce, and the next day you're working with them. That's spectacular. I was going to say that my nanny is grouped out. She takes a lot of pictures.
Speaker 1: Now, Randall, the nanny, nanny, the fucking masseuse. I can't move, I told Randall.
Speaker 3: I was like, you got it, okay, all right, getting onto the thing. So let me so a lot of people don't know because you just acted opposite Robert de Niro for me directing, and that was an amazing experience both for me.
Speaker 2: What was it like for you?
Speaker 3: Like for me, I was I was obviously you know, I've worked with Bob as a producer but never as a director, and it was an incredible creative experience we were there together.
Speaker 2: But for you as an actor? What was it like? Just your take? Oh, that was fun. I ain't know.
Speaker 7: I didn't like, I didn't know, like how to movies works with Tom's and putting being on the set and it's crazy and like I started like to like like it because I guess I in Puerto Rico or something, but I don't know. But like working with working with guys like Rob de Niro where you grew up watching him, and just the series, just just how he takes Ben the serious you know what I'm saying, And like when I was saying my lines to him, he was looking at me like I was really like making him mad, and.
Speaker 2: He's his character. He hates you in the movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're a really bad guy in the Movie's cool, but you felt like when you're in that moment, he's at the character I watched you guys, Yeah it's on.
Speaker 7: It's like his switch is like unbelievable, so unbelievable. I was just soaking it all in, just soaking up game and just seeing how you know what I'm saying, he like his professionalism is.
Speaker 2: It was just it was fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was your first movie ever?
Speaker 7: No, not yeah, my first movie, but TV TV I did. That was my first fl Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 1: The first movie you ever do. It's Robert fucking Den.
Speaker 2: And Jack Houston. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 7: Jack Houston was awesome, awesome. That's my shout out to Jack Man. We have fun with Jed.
Speaker 2: Jack. Jack was killing.
Speaker 1: I mean I've seen a couple of clips that you guys have done and it looked badass.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, No, it's it's a special movie. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: When we get it finished, it's you're gonna be really proud and Quava, you crush it. And and I know that we were moving fast, you know every day, look like.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, so they move it so fast. I'm like, are we getting the good ship? They not saying anything when they told me that.
Speaker 3: No, I you know, the one thing I think you realized with me is like when I'm directing. If it's bad, I say it, but if I don't say anything, it's like we're going to let them know if it's Yeah, and you were you and Jack, the things you guys did, people are gonna be really impressed. I think audiences are going to come to this not knowing what to expect and then seeing you opposite de Niro. People are gonna really there's be a lot of love for you. It's you're you're obviously and I'm not, you know, trying to group myself out here, but I'm serious.
Speaker 2: No, you you really crush the movie. I'm very proud to have worked with you.
Speaker 1: So sweet man.
Speaker 2: It's very talented, I mean, very very lucky to have them.
Speaker 1: On the phone. No, I can see it and I've heard you're an athlete. You're fucking killing the game. Thank you so much for coming and doing the podcast. You and all your diamonds are always welcome.
Speaker 7: And one last thing, you have a new album coming out, Yes, we have Coach of three June eleventh. We just dropped the date today and we're finna go crazy and Randall finished you to Migo's video.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm going to come and twork my flat ass. Oh baby on the boob, my flatty. I can't baby.
Speaker 2: As long as all right, we're supporting the game. We we, It's all exactly. I love it.
Speaker 1: Never grew up, I dig it. Well, thank you so much. You guys can catch us next week on a new episode of Give Them La La with Randall