Speaker 1: Not for the Sunday Sampler. It's some clips from the podcast this week. So maybe you hear something and you want to go check it out. Maybe you forgot about it, maybe it's the first time you've ever been exposed to it.
Speaker 2: The Bobby Cast Four Things.
Speaker 1: With Amy Brown, Sore Losers, Movie Mike's Movie Podcast, Get Real with Caroline Hobby. Coming up, Movie Mike's Movie Podcast, Mike and his wife talk about the best and worst movies they've seen in January and February. The Mic reviews Dune Part two. But yes, here you go. Let's get to a clip from this week's Bobbycast. So why are you in Nashville right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, So this week I'm actually here for what they call Country Radio Seminar, and I'm sure you've all been to it, and I'm lucky enough to be on the agenda committee to help put all the stuff together. But it really is a chance for everybody in the country radio industry, from the music side of thing, from publishing side of thing, to radio stations just to all gather together and help learn something see what's next. It's showcase some of their their skill sets and their products and collaborate with each other.
Speaker 2: Who have you seen?
Speaker 1: Not that's good or bad, but who have you seen in the last Well when did you get here Wednesday? I actually got here on Sunday. Oh because you're part of the committee. Yeah, BOYB Michaels is on the committee too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Well he was like, so this summer when we had our meetings, we were up like next to the Virgin Hotel and uh he was over here with their show. He could He came back with a bunch of pictures. I was like, oh I Shud went by and said hih. I was like, oh, it's like you do handle this Ridley Green thing. I'm like, okay, well, today's spelling four hours of this date. They say, you're all good wa force Nathan to stay all day long.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 3: I'll see it about five or six years. So what when I knew your contract with my station?
Speaker 1: What's what's been happening as far as because it is it late at night and these artists play at places and does it turn into a big party every night?
Speaker 4: So but it does.
Speaker 3: The coolest thing, uh it is is the lunchtime performances, Like there's one going to be happening here momentarily it's this cut.
Speaker 2: He wants to get out of here. Now it's okay, we hear you.
Speaker 3: But yesterday this is the universal one. So that's the rider today the Ryman. Yeah, Amy's going to that. That's a good times that. It's a twelve oh twelve ish.
Speaker 1: You want to go, Well, he's gonna need to go then if he's going to go to that, you want to go to the time? I don't want to go all time. Yeah, but Sam Munch performing those people come to my house and ask him to believe because it's like, you've been hanging out too long.
Speaker 2: We already ate go home, so go ahead.
Speaker 3: But yes, anyway, yesterday at the lunch, you know, Blake Shelton and Gwen Sevani came out. At the first time I've seen them actually performing together ever in my life. I've heard you know they're going to be there. I did not surprise. So it's a surprise. That's like cool. Okay, Like again, when you when you got to him on the show doing Purple Irises, I was like, I'm like, that's really a great song. So I'm like I didn't expect to ever see them perform that live and I got to experience that. And not only did my I get to experience that, but you know, thousands of people that work in this industry got to experience the same exact thing.
Speaker 1: So, and the goal of that experience that they're providing is so people like yourself will.
Speaker 4: Do blank, We'll play their music and.
Speaker 1: Even be a vocal supporter, well even a supporter at all. Other people see it because of how technology works, and.
Speaker 2: It was funny.
Speaker 3: And it's when Blake show Tim will stand there and say, I'm singing this because I want you to play it to please and thank you, like you kind of feel like, yeah, it's just it's just it's just really cool, you know. And then again seeing some of the new the new artists, you know, just walk around. They they just they're everyday people like them. Last night, I'm a you know, a big machine distillery and hanging out talking to Jackson Dede and a sudden, you know, Brett Young walks in and you know, of course he's like six foot seven, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Like, oh hey, Brett, look up there.
Speaker 3: They're just you can talk to everybody and they and the thing is that they remember who you are too. That's the part that blows my mind, like I haven't seen like McKenzie carpenter. If you know her, she remembers the time that we first met, and we'll bring it up and I'm like, how I barely remember your last name and you remember the time that we met or what song you played me the first time? She did a song called don't mess uh you don't Mess with Ex's or something that came out a year ago.
Speaker 4: She's like, yeah, I played you hear that song?
Speaker 2: Remember?
Speaker 3: Like, actually I do. And the fact that you remember it blows my mind. But they really do care. Who do you Who have you saw Blake and Gwen perform? Who else have you seen perform?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: So Lady A performed?
Speaker 3: Yes, yep, yesterday I saw them that big big machine Chris Lane. Okay, I saw the Union performance a bunch of those gouts. Really that's a label thing, right, yeah, that was a thing.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 3: In a in A and another personality had a suite going on, so by their their room for that.
Speaker 2: Do you mean if personality had a suite?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: Beat up radio? So oh yeah, yeah, beat up a good friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah he has a sweet why would he have like so his own suite like a word thing.
Speaker 3: He rented a suite at the hotel and then is inviting his friends to come up to see these artists perform cocon Hookers.
Speaker 4: So I just man, and we don't get invited that for a reason.
Speaker 3: No, I can. I can show you the root, the room number and tell you how to get up there. Like today, I'm going to see like Tree lewis uh in the in this private performance in the suite. Last year, I saw Dylan Carmichael for the first time and it was just and that was like a random I walked into a hotel room by mistake and he's start playing a guitar and it was really cool because they had the National skyline the backdrop literally in front of a window. And then it was out Monday night down at Dirk's Place on on Broadway and it was whiskey jam night and they're still in Carmichael play again.
Speaker 4: I was like, I mean, it's just it's just cool.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love music, and I just and I'm appreciative of the art form of the country music.
Speaker 4: This w there's why I do this.
Speaker 8: Good cast up Little food for yourself life. Oh it's pretty, but hey, it's pretty beautiful Beula a little more than it's exciting.
Speaker 2: City.
Speaker 8: You're kicking with four Thing with Amy Brown.
Speaker 7: Hey, it's Amy Brown from four Things with Amy Brown. And here's what we talked about this week on my podcast. All right, mo, I want to talk about digital body language because that's obviously something we need to pay attention to these days, whether on social media, text messages, dating apps, and I guess even in the professional space with work emails.
Speaker 9: Right, yeah, even in emails you have digital body language, and essentially digital body language are all of the virtual cues that you send online, So that could be your reactions to messages, emojis, your response time, message consistency, punctuation, and more so. Seventy seven percent of Hinge gen z daters told us that digital body language tells them a lot about someone's intentions. So we're realizing that in this online world, digital body language is really important to people and it's telling them a lot about whether or not you're interested in them. And we're actually calling it DBL at Hinge for short, so we can say DBL moving forward.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm trying to figure out my DVL is. I think probably very normal and occasional EMOEJ. I will say, I did interact with someone that was heavy on the emojis, and he was older. You know, I'm turning forty three, so older. I think he was like forty eight or something. And I was a little thrown off by a lot of the smiley face emojis.
Speaker 10: And it just weird me out. So you're right, maybe I.
Speaker 7: Just wasn't attracted to his DVL. But I don't want to miss out on an awesome person just because they use smiley faces a lot and it's making me uncomfortable.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well that makes me so curious about so many things when I'm wondering for him why he's using those emojis that he's using. So I often encourage people when you're feeling something like that.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 9: Of course, you always have to trust your intuition if you're like, this particular emoji is not giving, But really, I want you to ask the person tell me more about, like what that emoji means for you, because it really digital body language varies from person to person. These vibes that they're sending out, they could not even be aware, you know, even with like body language in real life, we are often not always aware of what we're doing, what our resting face looks like, whether or not we're seeming closed off unless someone tells us. And so it's a good opportunity if you're invested or interested to say, tell me more about these smiley face emojis and what they mean.
Speaker 7: So, how do you feel about a lot of exclamation points?
Speaker 9: I'm an exclamation point king, so I don't I use at least one.
Speaker 4: I won't use like.
Speaker 9: Three, but I definitely use them quite often. And actually, we're finding with a lot of gen Z daters that ending sentences with periods seem a little aggressive to them. So I think it really depends on the generation and who you're talking to.
Speaker 10: I don't know how a period could be aggressive. It's proper grammar.
Speaker 2: I probably have to agree.
Speaker 9: But we're finding that it's coming across as like short or like contrite, Like when you put a period, you're trying to like give sas So for their generation, it's like a totally different vibe you're sending.
Speaker 10: Okay, well, I'm not trying to date a gen Z.
Speaker 7: I'm a millennial, and I assume I would be dating another millennial if my cutoff age is like fifty. Yeah, you know what option throws me is sometimes when it's like, what are you looking for?
Speaker 10: And they're like short term?
Speaker 6: Why does it throw you?
Speaker 7: Cause I'm like, Oh, does that literally mean they're just here to hook up?
Speaker 11: Ah?
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah so I for some people, yes, And then for other people it could be that they don't know if they're going to move from that city and so they're not interested in a long distance relationships, or there's some other reason why that they're about to start a med program or they're about to go back to school and they're just like, I don't know what my life is about to be, so let's just keep this casual for now.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's interesting. I had not thought of it that way. I just anytime I see that, I'm like, Eh, you're right. It could be because they're moving and they know what their future looks like. But hey, they want to connect and meet people and get out there, which I do think it's fun to do that.
Speaker 10: I haven't done that yet. Sounds fun, And if.
Speaker 9: Your relationship intentions are different, then that's okay too. I love that you get to see that and you get to make a decision because it's ultimately your choice whether or not that is aligned with you or not.
Speaker 12: Hey, it's my d And this week on Movie Mike's Movie Podcast, my wife Kelsey and I shared what the best and worst things we've seen in the last two months. We go to every single movie together. We watch all the new streaming movies, so we shared what movies you should watch, spend your money on, and which movies you should avoid. We also got into a big discussion about nostalgia and I had a lot of comments and people reach out about this part of the segment, and so be sure to go hear this full episode. But right now, here's just a little bit of Movie Mike's Movie Podcast. All right, let's get.
Speaker 2: Right into it.
Speaker 12: Like we said earlier, January February were the dumb months of the year, meaning that studios just kind of throw crap at the wall and see what sticks. And I think this year, in particular, it's a lot of crap.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of crap.
Speaker 12: Like I know, sometimes in January we get like a horror movie that ends up being pretty good. I feel like this year so far, we've had some real bombs out there, just straight up not even the worst movies of the year, but the worst movie is in a really long time.
Speaker 6: I had to think long and hard about what was my favorite.
Speaker 12: Well, it's saying a lot when the highest grossing movie so far of the year is The Beekeeper with Jason Stathum. It's made one hundred and fifty million worldwide, which isn't that much for the highest grossing That is the highest grossing right now. If all movies were set and done today, the highest grossing movies would be The Beekeeper, Bob Marley, Mean Girls, Argyle, and Madam Webb. I just give you the landscape of movies right now. Kick it off with you first, what was the best movie we saw so far this year?
Speaker 2: For you?
Speaker 6: Like I said, I had to think long and hard. I had to re examine the list. It would be Self Reliance on Hulu, which I didn't even really want to watch.
Speaker 12: Now, I feel like people are you either loved that movie like we did, or you hate it because it's about Jake Johnson's character, who essentially is playing this dark web reality show where if he can stay alive for thirty days, he wins a million dollars.
Speaker 6: And this is also not to say I loved the movie. It just is the best out of what we've seen. See, I ended up really enjoying it. I'm just saying it's not like something that I'm like, you must go out and watch it. It is just from the list of things that we saw.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think so far there's this year, there's not one movie that has implanted itself into my fiber of movie watching that this is a movie I highly highly recommend.
Speaker 2: Haven't got there yet.
Speaker 6: I would, I almost, but I know. We saw it on the thirtieth of December. We talked about it, but like I wish American Fiction could count except to be my favorite.
Speaker 12: We'll see how it does it the Oscars next or this weekend.
Speaker 6: I guess okay, that was my favorite. I don't really have much else to say. It was a decent, entertaining movie.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 12: That's probably the movie I was most excited to do a review one. And that was also the movie that a lot of people watched and told me, like, you got this one wrong, bro, I'm.
Speaker 6: More passionate about my worst film of the month.
Speaker 12: That's the other thing with streaming movies. They come out and they have about a shelf life of two weeks, maybe three if that. Because the movie is like number one for a while, people watch it, there's a little bit of buzz, a little bit of word amount, and then they're just gone. For my best of the year so far in the last two months, I'm gonna go with Sometimes I Think About Dying, which I gave a four hine to five. It was a really good movie. The more I've thought about that movie, the more I was impressed by it, And out of all the movies we've seen so far this year, it's the only movie that's made me feel anything. And I really think it's because the Daisy Ridley's amazing performance in that movie and seeing a completely different side of her, and then also that it was dealing with such a heavy subject, which her character in that movie does what the title says. She thinks about dying, but tries to have a normal life, tries to make connections with people, but struggles to do that because she's socially awkward. She's a really quiet person. But in that kind of depressing premise, it also has a lot of fun moments that we saw in a sold out theater and there was a lot of people laughing throughout the movie.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say this, socially awkward. Did you relate to.
Speaker 12: That, Oh yeah, I thought that was like exactly. I've never seen socially awkward portrayed so well in a movie that I was like, that is me, Like, that is how the struggles I have as a socially awkward person. I feel like you either watched that movie and think I know somebody in my life or that is me.
Speaker 6: I was once told by a boss that I'm socially awkward, and I was offended. All I'm an introvert, but I'll make friends in the post office. Yeah, Maybeff's with the trader Joe's cashier. Before we even leave.
Speaker 12: You were like, you can go and be very social and talk to people that you don't know, and then yes, you have your recharge moments where you're just like, I just want to go home a weekend. We don't go out anywhere, but I feel like you flourish in that social setting as well, unlike me, where I just.
Speaker 6: Like when she said that, and I was like, I think she wanted me to like flirt with someone, and I was like, I just don't like this person, Like, I don't think I'm socially awkward. I'm just picky.
Speaker 12: I don't you're not at all.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you for reassuring me.
Speaker 12: Okay, so now we'll get into the movies. We'll be more passionate about our worst movie so far in the last sixty days.
Speaker 6: What is your worst, Madam web Yeah? What was that movie?
Speaker 2: Very pointless?
Speaker 6: It was so dumb, Like I have so many questions.
Speaker 2: Starting with keep it spoiler.
Speaker 6: Free, wtf was the plot?
Speaker 12: The plot is weird because it felt like the same thing over and over again. Of again, I won't give too much away. Even if you go see it won't really ruin.
Speaker 2: Much for you.
Speaker 12: But it's the coda Johnson's character trying to figure things out and then leaving these girls by So in the movie, she discovers that she can see into the future, and then she's connected with these three other girls, and this whole time, they're just believing everything she says and going along with it, not questioning anything. And she's like, all right, you guys, wait here, I'm going to go research some stuff. Leave them there. And then later she's like, okay, I'm going to go do this now, I'm going to leave you here, and it just kept happening over and over. It didn't feel like a superhero movie to me, because really nothing heroic happened in the movie. There was no qualities of her character that had anything superhero related. It was really just her running around the city doing normal things. And then it had the worst villain of all time and just the movie that completely was like, what are we watching the entire time?
Speaker 6: Listen, no one has done having visions telling the future quite like, that's so raven.
Speaker 2: They should have just made it.
Speaker 6: That's a raven superhero movie. Would one have been better? That's all I have to say about Madam Webb. As my little brother would say, it was trash carne.
Speaker 2: She's a queen and talking, so.
Speaker 8: She's getting not.
Speaker 2: Afraid to fing so so just let it flow. No one can do we quiet.
Speaker 8: Line is sound from Caroline.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, it's Caroline Hobby from Get Real with Caroline Hobby. And here is a clip from this week's episode.
Speaker 14: Did you always want to marry Russell?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 14: We were friends for like two years. I had no idea that I even liked him.
Speaker 13: And he was kind of I don't know if emo's the word back then, but wasn't he a little more like hunk yes, or like got the straight.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, yes, here's a scene kid, A little more scene kid, yeah, scene scene seeing kids seen he screamed in a metal band at one point. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 14: But he grew up in like Cornfield Town, Tennessee, and then moved to Nashville when he was ten. And so when he moved to Nashville is when he like he grew up on like country country, and he grew up country, and then moving to Nashville, interestingly enough, was when it was like the big city where he was exposed to like Blink one eighty two and which everyone thinks country music, but that's where he learned like pop music was in Nashville.
Speaker 13: He grew up country, like in the middle of real country, and he's like, oh, I got it.
Speaker 14: Now, there's a whole new world right here. But then when he started writing songs, country came out because it was deep rooted enough. But dude, there's some scene kid in there. You can hear it every see s C scene scene scene, like what was that, like the national scene? Oh, thene scene. I don't know. I don't I don't honestly, I don't know. That's a rustle question. I don't know. But yeah, so he then we would. I was a missions photographer fresh out of college and mission trips. Mission trips we went to like the UK, we went to Africa, we went to Was that life changing for you? Oh yeah? With all the kids, different kids. Sometimes it was like leading worship for youth groups. It was all different kinds of things. There was one that was in Israel and it was all these like Bible teachers and Russell and our friends were leading worship for the Universal Bible teachers. Yeah, he would go up on a lot of them because they were friends worship based. We were dating by then. Uh oh oh, But then people would I'm the same thing. The guy in the front of the church was like preaching a whole sermon.
Speaker 13: And then was like you in the middle, yes, the sermon.
Speaker 14: It was like stand up and it was Russell, stop dead serious, and he was like you are called to the masses. And he was like you are going to be on stage in front of millions of people again, yes, same thing, And he was like you're on the fast track, which that was a lot slower than we thought it was going to be.
Speaker 13: But fast, Okay, great, right, awesome, let's go.
Speaker 14: But like all these things that gave us enough hope, really, And then after that service, a little old man prayed for me and started telling me things like from my past. He was like, did this, this and this happen. I was like, yes, yes, and yes. And he was like God wants to like he doesn't want to just put band aids on old wounds. He wants to make you brand new. And I was like, okay, I received that. And so he prayed for me and he was like this marriage, He's like, this man you're with, this marriage is going to show the world the father's love for his people, and this marriage is gonna heal marriages.
Speaker 13: And I was like, wait, I could have past for a second, because I feel that with the All's marriage, I do feel that.
Speaker 14: Like that's so that crazy thing that was in like twenty ten. Maybe it was a long time ago. We've been married ten years. We were dating, we'd been dating maybe a year and a half at the time. I don't know, so it was a while ago. Who made the move first? Him? Are you because you were friends?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 14: Well, it was like the Thompson Square, Thompson Station, Tomas you Gun. They just put it's that song.
Speaker 8: Did you hear that one?
Speaker 11: Go in.
Speaker 14: Uh huh, that is weird, because it is weird. I was literally always mess up their name Thompson Square. I was walking to the parking garage to let you in, and that song are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not? Came on and I thought to.
Speaker 10: Myself, Man, I haven't heard this song in a long time.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and it was being this up okay, but it was before that song even came out. And we were at a graduation party on the side of this graduation party and both had a little bit of liquid ridge and we were sitting there and I was giving him every sign ever because you were feeling it. Yeah, I was like, I just like him? Why do I like him around all the time? Like I left one party with a friend and I was like, we have to go get Russell from this other party and bring him over here and need his I just like need him here. Yeah, And I like I still was oblivious truly at this point. You just knew you loved being around I loved being around him and I So we were at this graduation party and I looked at him and I was like, so, are you going to kiss me or not? Thompson Square, there's your there's your there's your like you're welcome. It's a massive hit. And he looked at me, Oh my gosh, this is not a favorable Russell Dicker said, sorry, and you cannot wait get out of his well. He goes, well, I've never made the first move. Yeah, I know, gross, right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Women flopped, they throw themselves at you.
Speaker 14: Well this question, yeah, I was like, not this one. He said, I've never never made the first move. And I was like, well, then this is never going to happen. And then he grabbed me and kissed me so that it like turned out very cute, but it was like an at first.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 14: I was like, you if you don't want to kiss you honestly? Oh but yeah, so he made the first move. But then we almost broke up because he uh wasn't saying I love you, because you know, didn't ever make the first move. Like everyone always initiated and like pursued him. He have like older siblings or older sister or something, younger sister. He's the oldest, he's the oldest. Was he taking Did a mom take a lot of care of him? Let's break this down.
Speaker 6: Never?
Speaker 14: No, I mean yes, his mom was wonderful, but I he just never felt like he needed to make it urt. No, No, he was just not in a rush. He also was like, I'm not getting married till I'm thirty. Did it? I was like, well, you let me know who she is because it ain't going to be.
Speaker 8: Me and old.
Speaker 14: We started dating, I was twenty one, okay, you're like, I'm gonna wait nine years. Dude, No, dude, no, and like we were living together all that stuff. I was like, listen, I'm not called to be a nun. So you figure out who she is because I'm not waiting untill thirty. That's not happening. And so we eventually, like after all these missions trips, people kept telling him like, we walked into a food court and this guy, this guy's so bizarre. The guy who's serving food in the food court like had like stepped out. We were in Israel. He said, you two, you're gonna come back married with children, and we're like what. And Russ was like, what is going on? Because everyone just kept saying stuff like that, and so eventually he got the message. It was couldn't have been louder or clearer, but he eventually got there and I knew. I knew, and I put pressure on him at one point because we broke up because he wasn't saying I love you. Oh nope, nope. I almost broke up with him, and then I had this crazy god experience that I didn't break up with him. So when he broke up with me, like a month later, can you tell us the experience? Yeah, this is it's still so bizarre. I've told it on lots of podcasts, but it's like I was laying in my bed. I left his house because his roommate had told his girlfriend of like two weeks he loved her, and I was like, get me out of here. And we're together for like ten months. Yeah, I was like, come, so we've been friends for two years too, So.
Speaker 8: No, you love me?
Speaker 14: Yes, dude. I was like, I know you love me. I know you well enough. I know you love me, but you don't have the guts to say it, and that's unattractive to me. And I was like, if you can't say this, like what hard things are you going to be able to do in life?
Speaker 13: Okay, let's break this down like men, thank you and men again.
Speaker 14: I don't know why, I'm just so be doing I'm.
Speaker 13: In church here, okay, h yeah.
Speaker 14: So I left and I was like, I have to get out of here before I burst into tears because I'm a three and I can't let you see my weakness. And I told you this in the car on the phone the other day. This morning, yes, I was like, I will not show weakness. I will not cry in front of you. I need to get out of here. And I drove home. I was like, please don't let my roommates be awake. I don't want to talk about my feelings because I have all brothers, so I would just like, go in my room, deal with my feelings. Wake up the next morning, brand new day, brandly. Yeah, you're good at just like I'm moving forward. I don't know if it's great. Sometimes it's squashed and buried and shows itself in resentment, you know. But I got home, got in my bed, sobbing, and I was like, I can't do this. I felt like I had all these little breadcrumbs along the way of like this is it, like this is the way walk in it and I was like, okay, it's russelly yes. And my prayer was always God, if this isn't your best for me. I don't want it. Just take it, take whoever it is. I was my prayer every guy dated before him, great prayer. It worked, isn't your prayer? I effective prayer? And so when we were dating, I was like, God, I'm serious, Like I really love him, but I just want your best for me. If it's better than this, I cannot fathom what that looks like. But sure, I'm open. And I got in my bed and I was bawling, bawling, crying, and I was like, if you want me to be with him, you're gonna have to fill me with joy right now.
Speaker 2: Let's do alive.
Speaker 11: Oh the w You're very all losers.
Speaker 2: What up? Everybody?
Speaker 11: I am lunchbox. I know the most about sports, so I'll give me the sports facts, my sports opinions because I'm pretty much Jay sports genius.
Speaker 15: What up?
Speaker 5: Y'all had his scisson. I'm from the North. I'm in Alpha Male. I live on the West side of Nashville with Baser, my wife. We do have a white picket fence at the apartment complex. Soon I'm gonna have two point five kids, and yes, sadly, I will die of a heart attack when I'm seventy two years old.
Speaker 2: Here's a clip bro on the last podcast.
Speaker 11: I saw a story in the news this week about a dude that got bit on the balls by a scorpion.
Speaker 2: I think he was at the Venetian.
Speaker 4: That's not good for business, so they gave him free room.
Speaker 2: Here you go, ice your balls.
Speaker 11: And this one's not a great story, but I mean I was there with a tall guy that loves Connor McGregor.
Speaker 2: Perfect explanation. I know exactly who you're talking.
Speaker 11: Played on my soccer team, my volleyball team. He walked home drunk from Broadway. Yeah, just so we can see Connor McGregor fight because we all laugh. Dude, we laughed so hard that night.
Speaker 15: We're like wait, wait, wait, you know what the ubers and stuff you walked up.
Speaker 2: I mean you saved like it.
Speaker 11: Was over two miles, over two miles five bucks and he's dripping sweat the chicks. It was a dude, say, I mean it was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Your wife was there.
Speaker 11: Yeah, But we went to Vegas and he had a rollaway bed in the room and we went out, we drank, and it's like four in the morning and we come rolling back and I think We're staying at the Bellagio, and I go and I'm hammered, right, and I'm like, I'm going to bed, and I go and I go PLoP in the bed. The only problem is there was no fucking mattress. It was just wood on the No on my bed, on the queen's size bed, there was just plywood. Brutal dude. So I dove into the bed on my left shoulder and boom, I'm what the I'm like, there's literally no mattress. How do you take a mattress out of a room. I'm like, where did the mattress go? But that's good. That tells you they're clean the mattresses. That's just a small slip up and oversighted.
Speaker 4: But the bed was made right.
Speaker 15: I mean, the one lady that makes the bed, she doesn't check for mattresses.
Speaker 11: Her jobs mat it down and field that there's wood.
Speaker 2: Her job is to make the bed. She said, fet there's no matches, I make the bed.
Speaker 11: So my drunk ass at four in the morning, I had to call the front desk and say, uh yeah, I'm in room three sixty eight and there's no mattress on my bed. And then well, what do you mean there's no mattress. Well, see, I've been in the bed and it's just plywood. What like, what do you mean there's like you took the mattress off the bed. No.
Speaker 15: Well, the lady in the background too, that's fielding your call. You can hear the club music. She can barely hear you.
Speaker 11: She can barely hear me. She thinks she can hear that. I'm drunk, and I'm like, I need someone to bring me a mattress.
Speaker 15: Sir, did you lose gambling tonight?
Speaker 14: Per chance?
Speaker 11: And she goes, Okay, I'll send someone up there to check on you.
Speaker 2: No, I don't need it checked.
Speaker 4: And I'm like okay.
Speaker 11: So twenty minutes later.
Speaker 4: Knock knock. It was a prostitute.
Speaker 15: Ray.
Speaker 11: I got a report that there there's no mattress on the bed.
Speaker 2: Well, let me look.
Speaker 11: They file it and they walk in there and I'm like, you're there, and I'm like, she goes, wow, that's weird. I've never seen that before. Yeah, we'll get you a mattress. No, you'll get me free casino credit or just give me a different room. I mean, you're negotiating at four am drunk? No, I was not thinking clearly at that time. I'm like, I just want to go to bed. And so by five point fifteen, they the worst Broadway walk home guy all this time, laying in his lay Away and roll Away Maturity's all there in the room. Yeah, and they're all just walking around. He's like, like the digs. He's like, this is crazy.
Speaker 8: So five point fifteen, Oh you guys struck out today?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 11: Five to fifteen. Two dudes come in carrying a mattress and they put it on my bed brutal, and I'm my good god, what a terrible night.
Speaker 2: That was a sad Vegas story, dude.
Speaker 14: But it was.
Speaker 11: I mean, the scorpion was like the gambling better luck than that. I don't remember. It wasn't a huge night because I don't remember it. All I remember is diving into the bed left shoulder, like being funny, like a night boom. Oh my god, I landed with a thud.
Speaker 2: It was so stupid.
Speaker 15: Oh Vegas dude. Man, we talk about it every day. Beazer's like, we gotta get back, and I say, man, when can we go? And she goes, You're next vacation. I go yeah, and she goes, we gotta go and I go, yeah, we gotta go. And then we say, well, what should our purse be, Kitty, and I'm like, oh, it's gotta be a thousand share it. She goes yeah, yeah, yeah, and I say what are you gonna play? She goes Buffalo and she goes, what are you gonna play?
Speaker 4: And I say, craps, dude.
Speaker 15: We have that conversation.
Speaker 11: Maybe every day I feel you. I have videos that pop up on my feet. It was like I saw this week that someone was waiting for the their airplane, so they decided to play a slot machine in the casino or in the airport, and they won seven hundred and eighty two thousand dollars. Well, they're playing Wheel of Fortune red hot seven seven seven.
Speaker 2: I think my last sat Oh.
Speaker 6: My god, bless America.
Speaker 2: Here's how you know.
Speaker 15: It's a telltale sign when you can't remember your last Vegas trip. It's been too long And I'm pretty sure it was April sam Hunt, So it's been a full year.
Speaker 2: When was the convention was here?
Speaker 15: Yeah, the Convention would have been before, so Sam Hunt was the most recent went to Vegas. We lost our asses, didn't we I think we won a little bit I didn't do good sports betting Nobleno.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Sunday Sampler. Go check out one of the podcasts if you missed it. We'd appreciate that new episodes are out weekly if you don't mind, because it does help us. If you do listen to one of those podcasts, subscribe, rate.
Speaker 2: And review. All right, thanks guys, see you next week.