Speaker 1: Nothing says summer like long days, clutch plays and firing off a few bets on the game, all with Draft Kings Sportsbook.
Speaker 2: Never bet on baseball before. It's easy.
Speaker 1: Pick a guy to go yard, hammer some live odds mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best. No spreadsheets, just vibes and dingers. Here's something special for first timers, new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Use Cold Shannon, That's Cold Shannon for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours. Hello, Welcome to another episode of night Cap.
Speaker 1: I am your favorite on Shannon Shark, my partner in co hosts In Crime, Liberty City's own Bengals, Ring of Fame, Hono Reed, the Pro Bowlery All Pro, He's Chad O Josenko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. Wherever you get your podcast from. We want to thank each and every one of you for your eyes, ears, and word of mouth for helping Nightcap grow and become what we've become. Because without you, there is no Nightcap. So we would like to thank you for your We'd like to thank you for our success and for your support, and hopefully we'll get your continued support. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock now. If you cannot find Shave by Laportier in a city or a state near you, order it online and we'll ship it directly to your door. We got something special coming for you, and I promise you you don't want to miss this. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Go check out my media company, shay Shape Media or all of its platforms, and my clothing company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. Supplies are limited, so once they're gone, they're gone, so please grab yours while supplies last. And that link is penning in the chat so you'll know exactly where to head to. I think we're gonna start off with the event of the Evening. Bubba Wallace becomes just the second black Driver. To ever win a NASCAR race. He won the Brickyard FO one hundred, Oh Joe. And this is not just any race. This is what they call and golf they have the Slams. In tennis they have the Slam uh And in race car they call it the Slam and sometimes they call it the Crown Jewel. So Daytona that is their biggest race, that is their super Bowl. Then you have the Brickyard excuse me. Then you have the Coca Cola six hundred, which is in Charlotte. Then Labor Day, you have Darlington and this is the Brickyard that held it Indy. So he won one of the Crown Jewels. He won one of the Slams. So Wendell Scott was the first black NASCAR driver. He was the first black driver to actually win a race. And the NASCAR circuit when it was I think it was probably Winston Cup back then.
Speaker 2: But Bubba Wallace, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I had him on Club Shay Shay Minty a couple of years ago when I first started, and he was he was amazing, and I know he was excited to drive for the Jordan Xcel team with him and Dennett Michael Jordan Denny Hamlin co owned this.
Speaker 2: Team and Bubba Wallace.
Speaker 1: He finally gets in the victory lane at a big time event and very very pleased from Ojo, What did you follow any of this big NASCAR fan?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm I'm somewhat of a big NASCAR fan.
Speaker 4: I've been down to Carolinea and I've been down to Daytona multiple times.
Speaker 3: To go to races.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: It's a great, great moment, great historical moment for Bubba Wallace. Congratulations to him and his team on this achievement. But I think there are a lot of people that that don't don't really appreciate NASCAR because they view it as and just cars going in circles, but obviously not understanding that there's a method of the madness there.
Speaker 2: There there at strategy.
Speaker 3: A lot of strategy that goes into it.
Speaker 4: And again, like other sports that people don't watch, you'll never understand it until you are actually in that atmosphere and you're able to experience what it's like. For For one, me being in Daytona and sitting in those stands with those ear plugs in it does something to me. It just does something to you, even if you don't enjoy that actual sport itself. But listen, you for those of you that a in the chat, that are listening, just give it a chance. Give give a Nascar chance. Go there, enjoy, sit outside the atmosphere and feel the power of the engines.
Speaker 3: That just that that it's hard.
Speaker 4: It's hard for me to even put it in the words and explain it to you because it's just something that you have to experience it on itself. It's like it's like it's like going to the to the roller coaster ride, you know, riding the roller coaster and then try and explain to someone else what it's like.
Speaker 2: You know, you have to be there. You have to experience it for you got to.
Speaker 3: You got to.
Speaker 4: So for those of you watch him and at some point, just if you have a track near you, just go experience Nascar man, and you you get a better understanding. Even if you don't like cars going in circles, you will enjoy that experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know their teams and you know you you try to pull your teammate along.
Speaker 2: You know you're trying not to.
Speaker 1: You know what how you gonna how do you set how you're gonna set the race up. Uh if you can get to the front and you can slow it down, you know, certain things like that. But uh, you know, Bubba has gone through a lot. You know, it's not like I said, it's kind of like with anything that when you are the when they're not a whole lot of you kind of like Tiger with and and golf, they're not there were not a whole lot of Tiger Woods. Uh.
Speaker 2: He had, you know, Calvin Pete and Charlie Sifferd.
Speaker 1: And and dent to to follow uh uh to follow and and I think Bubba only had I think Wendell Scott. That's the only one off the top of my head is that it's Wendell Scott back in the sixties and in the early seventies. But for Bubba to win Run of the Crown Jewels, one of the Slams, and I know how bad he wants to win Daytona because that's the super Bowl, and NASCAR is one of the few events that have their super Bowl at the beginning of the season. Most people have their their most important at the end of the even you have the World Series, you have the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: You have uh uh the NBA Finals. Uh.
Speaker 1: But in NASCAR Daytona. Their biggest rates is that if they first rate. But for Bubba to win the Brickyard, obviously, he was extremely excited. I watched him afterwards and you know, you talk about how he talked to Jordan, and Jordan say he was extremely proud of him, and.
Speaker 2: He's gonna have a couple of drinks for him.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure Bubba's gonna have a couple of drinks on his own, because that's a that's a huge honor. Nobody, no other black and everyone on the big Oval at Indy, Like I said, that's who man, that's that's that's a huge honor. Hotel, that's a huge honor. And I'm extremely proud for Bubba. Like I said, I had an opportunity to talk to him, and you know, I know he wants to do well and and he had some had some lean years, Yes, had some lean years. Uh, things weren't going his way, you know, d n P and things of that nature. Wasn't finishing in the top ten. But hopefully they've kind of got this thing turned around and they can be serious for the rest of the year, getting to the final uh, you know, getting to the the NASCAR playoffs and hood who knows, but that would be that would be that would be a huge honor if he could win.
Speaker 2: If he can win the cup, boy, hey, boy.
Speaker 4: Boy boy, listen about talk about making history. Yeah, that's making history.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, well what dayton is done with.
Speaker 1: But I'm talking about you know, because you know now what they do is that they have the NASCAR Playoff and so you get accumulated enough play and then you get in there and each week they will people off. Well, now you drop and now they drop, and then it comes down to you know, hey, it might come down to the last race. We're only a handful of people, maybe two or three guys have a realistic chance of winning the race. And so uh, that's that would be that I think. You know, obviously Daytona is the biggest, but if you can win the you can win the playoffs. But I'm extremely I'm extremely excited for bubb. But he went through some things last year. You remember the news incident that happened and there was a big hullabaloo about that and they said it was a pull where people would pull the garage door down. It just made like that. He didn't think so, but he seems to be on the right track now. And it's about racing, because that's what it comes down to. It's about winning. And I think Michael Jordan and Denny Hamler is giving him a great car to drive. NASCAR is very competitive. It's a very expensive sporty you know.
Speaker 4: And hey, the more you win, right, the better the sponsors. I know you got in here, I got Mike, I know you got brother brother.
Speaker 2: Hamlin, right, yeah, Denny Hamler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but listen, the more you win the sponsors, the more money that you're allowed to pour into your car when he allowed to pour into your car, the better performing car you get, right.
Speaker 3: So I mean that's a whole nother story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you got you know, you got Joe Gibbs, and you got Jack Roush, and you got Penske and you got Rick Hendricks. Rick Hendricks is the big guy, that big man, you know, and those guys are based out of all those guys, you know. Charlotte is the NASCAR capital. That's where the NASCAR Hall of Fame is located up there in Morrisville and Mechanicsville and Cannapolis. That's where all the guys have their garages and and and you know, do their testing up there.
Speaker 2: But this is a huge on.
Speaker 1: I'm extremely proud for Bubba Wallace and hopefully he can keep it going. I'm extremely happy for Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin because like you said, oh ho, the more you win, the more sponsors. Because this is not this is not this is not a cheap.
Speaker 3: It's not easy either. No, it's not easy either. I don't I don't think.
Speaker 4: I wish, I wish I I could talk NASCAR the pacifics on what it takes like I talk, I can talk football, or I can talk soccer, I can talk boxing. But how you have to strategize yourself like he's running the eight hundred. You have to strategize yourself like he running the four hundred. You know, like you said, just go out there on step on the pedal and just you know this, you got to worry about gas, gotta worry about hires like it.
Speaker 3: It's so much that goes into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, outside how much you know, how what is the what is the fuel? How many? How many laps can we go? Are we if it comes down to it, are we going to push?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because if we.
Speaker 1: Push it, there's a chance on the final lap we run. We we we've seen that happen before. My teammates. Hey, guys, hey, let's find somebody. Let's draft. You know, Bubba was telling me how they cut the engine and cost and then fire back up to go again. So there's a lot of strategy. Like you said, you just don't step on the cast of the gas. Let's okay, let's go around the track as fast as we can. We don't want to blow the engine. That's what testing for. You get an idea of how the tires are burning. Uh, the type of track, what's going on? Am I gonna stay lower? Am I gonna get high? What's the best well, you know, what's the best time to pass? Where's the best areas the past? There's so much going on.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you drift, you know, you know about drift draft drafting. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to play.
Speaker 4: Play on uh on uh with that PlayStation play such a Xbox one of them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and then you get guys the bunk drafted where they draft you're hitching the bunk, move you out the way, nigg and now they go.
Speaker 3: They shoot right by you like a sling shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sleep, that's that's the move they called they call it a sleep shot, you know, but it's it's very competitive and sometimes guys, hey you spent my I forgot what you did last time you spent me.
Speaker 2: I almost spind your ass out. Uh. I think that was seventy nine when it was who was it? Was it?
Speaker 1: Kill Yarborough and Bobby Allison got into it and Richard Petty it's been that ended up passing on the last light that that ended up he got number seven?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 3: Boy? It's been some epics fights in NASCAR, boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah. They throw hands. Ah, you wrecked me, you wrecked my all? Yeah, they throw they throw heads in Nascar. Yeah, So congratulations, Bubba oh choe. Our NFL plans to find more than one hundred players in roughly two dozen club employees who were found to be in violation of the NFL Tickets Resale Policy for reselling Super Bowl tickets at a profit. Under agreement between the league and NFL Players Association, players who violated rules will be fined one and a half times the phase value of the ticket and lose their a lot of tickets to the next two Super Bowls if they're playing in the game, players will have a chance to purchase seats. Those who declined. Punishment could be suspended by Commissioner Roger good Day.
Speaker 3: But that's tough. That's tough.
Speaker 4: You know, it's unfortunate for those players. But I don't mean to say it, but that's been going on for a very long time. But you ain't hear it. Yeah, And I'm not telling what I heard. I'm telling you what I know. And we're not to talk about players. You know, we talked about even those that sitting higher positions have always sold their tickets for profit. This is nothing new. I think there's the way the clamp down on it. Maybe it's getting out of control now based on what the players are making from a profitable standpoint, But with the money they're making these days, the players is probably sending the tickets are those that don't make as much as others. If if you understand what I'm saying, I.
Speaker 2: Do get Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is, oh chose Look the reason why they increased face value of the tickets because they find out they will scalffling them. And they says, well, if you're gonna pay five thousand dollars on the resale, we might as well go and put them at five thousand face value. If you're gonna pay that on the secondary market, you might as well play this on the primary market. And so and plus you have to understand, y'all, do realize the NFL know the lot number, the seating section.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they know all of it everything. But this is the first time. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: Been cracking down on that every Super Bowl though.
Speaker 4: This has been going on every Super Bowl, but who knows how long even without Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you would plan.
Speaker 4: But that's why are they cracking down on it this year specifically, why all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: Because of you man, You're getting the FBI involved, because people ain't paying taxes because at the end of the day, are it's gonna want they cut on Joe. See that's where you run a file aft because you sold something, okay, Ucas Sam said, where my cut right right right? Oh yeah, uncle Sam, I'm gonna won't hit cut. And the NFL has been trying to crack down on this. They look, you want to go to the game. That says, look, you might as well just go ahead and come through us and pay I think the face value ticket when I was playing was probably three twenty five four hundred. They got face value tickets not probably the cheapest ticket to get in probably fifteen hundred and two thousand, and then it goes from there two thousand, three thirty five hundred four thousand, fifty yard line seats. I mean, obviously, you know, if you get a suite, might be anywhere from a million to two two and a half million dollars considering where is position on the field. But I'm not surprised because I kind of saw the direction once they started up in the price to what the resellers.
Speaker 2: Would get for same said tickets.
Speaker 1: So I'm really I'm really not surprised, o yo, that they're gonna crack down, because look, the NFL.
Speaker 2: Is a business, always has been, and it's kind of like if you.
Speaker 1: Run a restaurant, if you don't cleanse, keep a closed town, somebody they're gonna give your alcohol and they're gonna give your food a weight because they're gonna have their homeboys or their homegirl come sit at the bar and they're gonna drink for fresh and they gonna come in there and they're gonna get they're gonna get meals and they're gonna get that for free, and if you're not careful, they'll be giving some of your prime good stuff out the back door. So the NFL says, you know what, we're finna crack down on this now. Were donna let it slide, and we probably they probably told them about yo. You know, they first come around at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 4: Down a little bit now and they they had a little bit more seasoned on it. Okay, yeah, yeah, y'all getting out of control.
Speaker 1: Because they're like, hold on, man, Kansas City, ooh, going for the three per oh the take it back man.
Speaker 2: They got they got the Eagles, Jayla hurt.
Speaker 4: You could double charge that. You could throw you see them for double maybe yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you're probably selling those. And you know, you got good.
Speaker 1: Seats, especially if you, if you, if you and if you were one of the teams that are in it, you got great seats at least uh eight of the fifteen because I think I think they gave you know, you got it, you got two comps and then you got it you bought the other thirteen. Eight were really good seats and then seven. I mean, look, you're in the Super Bowl. So they they like they was way way up there.
Speaker 2: But they were.
Speaker 1: They were decent seats. But you can you know, but things are different now with YO, things are different than that. I think the biggest thing that I will say is that time changes. You must be willing to adapt to the changing of the times. You can't say like you and that we came up man, oh jo. They've been doing this from the beginning of the time.
Speaker 2: Yet they did.
Speaker 1: But they're cracking down on it now and they're cracking your head. And because they tried to what they tried to do.
Speaker 2: Oho.
Speaker 1: It used to be you could like, hey, man, you're going you're using your Super Bowl tickets? Nah, Hey can I get them? Hey such and such a give my ticke, give my two super Bow tickets to.
Speaker 3: Go pick them up too. They can pick them up up, yep. I remember that.
Speaker 1: Now they don't put a situation where like you got to come pick the tickets up. They won't let they don't let you transferm as easily. And you know, it used to be, well, I believe your ticket that will call.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 1: They don't do that anymore. So basically you got to have the tickets in hand.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Well, no, they digitally where they used to have you know, you had to have tickets in hand. Now they mainly do it digitally, uh scan and they don't want you transferring the tickets. So it's and I get you're right. The guys probably some of the guys that are doing this, they're not the guys that's making twenty thirty forty million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: They're probably guys that get you know, you know, or the.
Speaker 1: Practice squad trying to make it change. You know, eighteen little eighteen thousand dollars for two tickets, that good little to hold.
Speaker 3: Joke quick and listen.
Speaker 4: You people have to understand too when you think about the NFL or how the hell they know what players did it. NFL knows everything now. Not only do they know the tickets, they know everything everything.
Speaker 3: They know what.
Speaker 4: Everybody is doing on all thirty two teams, who they hang with, where they live, where they spend, where they go, where they shut down everything. Do people understand that the NFL does their homework so diligently, well, now, only before you make it, even while.
Speaker 3: You're still in it.
Speaker 4: Man, they went back and talked to my elementary teacher on my elementary teacher. Why are you talking to my elementary teacher about what I did in elementary? I wasn't even the same chat back then.
Speaker 2: They also Joe like tickets.
Speaker 1: Well that's why if you have season tickets, you gotta be careful who you let sit in those seats because they act a food. Not only do they throw them out, now they take your season tickets. Remember how that the Detroit fan. Who that the Detroit fan that got into it and they took it season tickets.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right. He was right screaming at the coach, screaming at the yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, So they know because they got it allotted. Okay, the Cincinnati Bengals, they got this a lot bit of tickets. These are where the section that the Bengal tickets are going to be. This is where the Bronco tickets will be. This is where Green Bay, this is where this one. There is where that one. So they know. Yeah, at this point in time, now guys, it is just not worth it. Uh, And I get it. Try to pick up your a little extra quick cash because you get off seven tickets. You're probably looking at it, you know, and the problem is you running into ojo. It's ours because you're taking cash and you're not paying taxes on that money. I under saying one is cut. I'm just saying it's just like anything alcohol. When they found out they could tax it. Now, all of a sudden, you didn't need the bootleg cigarettes once they could find out how to tax it. You didn't need a you didn't he you didn't need to smuggle them weed once they found out.
Speaker 2: They could tax it. Sure, you see what they did with me.
Speaker 1: Now, if y'all we just come on saying, Uncle Sam, I sold you for seventy hairs, you're thirty five. Uncers Sam said, do what you do, but you gonna cut Hey, you're gonna cut me in the cut it out. Say that cut me in the cutting out that Joe said, Joe, say cut me in the cutting like that.
Speaker 3: I gotta say that. I like you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, Oh Joe, you know how it is, Uncle Sam.
Speaker 1: It don't matter how small man man what Uncus Sam want thirty five dollars? Fuck it, same reason you want to hold thirty five. He wanted to seventeen and a half.
Speaker 3: In a minute, boy.
Speaker 2: He gonna get it.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 1: Don't play with Uncle Sam. Now you can play with a lot of people don't play with him.
Speaker 3: Oh listen, then people don't play.
Speaker 1: They don't. I done got audited it for a dollar. I got audited. I got audited it one time.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: And the envelope that they're sending there, it costs more than what I what I owed. It was just the principle, right right, right, right man, dot don't play with them people a bout that money because because a lot of time, they know everything. Because every what you got in your account, and they'll let that interest draw.
Speaker 2: Now the thing that you will have to learn about Uncle Sam.
Speaker 1: Uncle Sam is never gonna give you the interest on your money when he late that he's gonna charge you for when you leave.
Speaker 2: So he already know and they'll let that thing go.
Speaker 1: Say oh man, now he can't pay Let me come on in, let me make an example out of him, because they want the high profile. Because if they get the high profile, it's like, well, hell, he had millions and they did something bad, what they're gonna do to me? Just go ahead, just go ahead and pay them people their money to leave Uncle Sam alone because Uncle Sam don't play by his But I'm not surprised that they took this because I kind of being close to the situation and hearing kind of felt they were kind of headed this heading.
Speaker 2: And this the wrest that.
Speaker 1: I remember when they implemented this oho they were going to the three and the two and the three and the four thousand dollars face value ticket, the ten thousand dollars face value ticket. Because they found out people was willing to pay that. They said, man, why they charge man, why they charge ten thousand dollars for some chrome hard jeans?
Speaker 2: Because people are paid for it.
Speaker 1: That's why, the same reason they charged one thousand dollars for a stake.
Speaker 2: People are paying for it. And if people are.
Speaker 1: Paid for it, there'll be somebody is there to provide whatever service is needed. You want a tank, Yeah, I need a tank. It's gonna cost you five get me the tank. You need a bozooka, you need a missile. Whatever you need, somebody will will be able to fill that need. Man, Oh Joe, I need you on the Super Bowl tickets. Okay, hey, man, such and such need two on the Super Bowl tickets. Well, let me go to a couple of different teams.
Speaker 2: Boom boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 1: Boom, I got you, NFL Sai, Nah, we're gonna do away with this. If you want to go watch one of our one of our events, you're gonna have the You're gonna have to come through.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to come through.
Speaker 4: To pay because all that all that, all that value and that money that's being made is going back to them.
Speaker 1: How you think they pay each team four hundred thirty two million, six hundred thousand, and you would think, like, man, what the NFL care about?
Speaker 2: Five thousand, ten thousand and fifteen.
Speaker 4: Thousand adds up? It all adds up, no matter how small it is.
Speaker 3: It adds up.
Speaker 2: Pennies make dollars.
Speaker 3: You ain't got to tell me twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if it make dollars, it makes sense with a C and with a S. So yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'm not surprised that they're taking this thing, and I'm glad they kept it anonymous. You don't know, because if it's somebody is bad, the last thing you will owe your is somebody that's making uh fifty million and it's selling two two boat take it for twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad. Hopefully they get this thing resolved.
Speaker 1: And you see you know, hey, they know everything, literally, they know everything they know about the gambling because they're gonna turn look the draft kings and the and the bets and the this and the that. They want to be able to still be able to bet on football and basketball and baseball. If you think for one second they're not gonna turn your ass in.
Speaker 3: Yees, phone numbers, emails, anything tracking back to you and.
Speaker 2: Any irregularities, because that's what they're looking for. Hen why do the man keep betting the unknown? No boy, man? Why he man?
Speaker 1: He ain't finished the game yet. Let me let me make no to that day they who something ain't adding up?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Before Aaron Rodgers signed with the Steelers, former Steelers great quarterback Super Bowl winning quarterback Terry Bradshaw called the move a joke. Terry added, what are you gonna do? Bring him in for one year? Are you kidding me? That guy needs to stay in California. Go somewhere you on bark and whisper to the gods out there. Rogers responded this week, saying, I whisper to the gods every single day. He's got an idea of what he thinks about me based on what I've done the documentary what said, what said, Darkness Retreat, whatever the hell you want to talk about. I love to get to know Terry on a deeper level. I feel like he gave me a chance to get to know him. Then we have a good friendship. Oh y'all, honest assessment. Yeah, what do you expect from Aaron Rodgers this year? And what do you expect from the Steelers this year?
Speaker 4: Listen, Aaron Rodgers only has to do one thing, facilitate the ball and do his best not to make mistakes. That's all he has to do. You got DK, That's one nice target. Defensively aware, the Steelers are going to win football games. We just need Aaron Rodgers to manage the games and be a game manager, a moniker that most people see as an insult, which it is not.
Speaker 3: And don't turn the ball over.
Speaker 4: Defense will take care of the rest, because that's where the Steelers identity is now.
Speaker 3: From now on, the.
Speaker 2: Best players on that side of the ball is what it is.
Speaker 4: And if we can get flashes, if we can get flashes and brilliants of the old Aaron Rodgers, so be it, thank you. But the people on offense are going to have to be the one to uplift Aaron Rodgers because he's not the same quarterback he used to be where he canough lift everyone else around him. It's completely opposite.
Speaker 1: Now, I agree with you, I agree with everything that you said. You look at their best player. They're on that side of the ball, the defense side of the ball. You look at TJ. Watt, you look at Cam Hayward, you look at Jalen Ramsey, you look at Darius Slay, Joey Porter Jr.
Speaker 2: Their best players are on that side of the ball.
Speaker 1: Crazy and so Aaron just needs to be And Aaron has never been a heavy turnover guy. Now, he threw double digit interceptions, but that's not normally Aaron's I think he only has a maybe two or three seasons in which he's had double digit turnover interceptions. He's gonna We've seen him throw four interceptions over the course of a season. We've seen him throw five interceptions, six interceptions over the course of the seasons. He's normally very very good with the ball. And that is the Aaron Rodgers. They need the old Aaron Rodgers, not an old Aaron Rodgers. And if he can give them that, give them that level of consistency. I think they're gonna be in every game. If you think you're gonna just go in there and blow the doors off there, that ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 3: That ain't happen. I know that, listen.
Speaker 4: I know the names look good on paper, but all the players that they've acquired are proven not on paper but on the field.
Speaker 3: So you get those type of.
Speaker 4: Players Jalen Ramsey and Daris Slaves, the Joey Porter Jr. Who is very very good, who doesn't get theirs Because everything is always talked about from an offen the standpoint, especially referring to the quarterback position.
Speaker 3: You got t J.
Speaker 4: Watt camp Man. Listen, they gonna be and that def is gonna have games. We just need Aaron Rodgers not the bottle it.
Speaker 2: They gonna be, all right, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: Do you believe the Steelers will accept him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that listen. They're not there to make friends. Were not hit it, make frians. We hit it except like listen, we here to do one thing. We got one singular focus, win and do the best we can. They have a good record, a decent enough record to make to the playoffs, and from that point on. We know it's four games after that.
Speaker 3: That's all it is.
Speaker 4: It becomes a new season four games after Yeah, can we get to that point?
Speaker 1: Well, the Steelers have gone to the playoffs, but they haven't won a playoff game since twenty sixteen. I think that was the year that they ended up beating think they beat Kansas City. Remember they went to Kansas City and le'byon had that outstanding game and they ended up winning that game. But I don't if I'm not mistaken, I could be wrong, So chat don't hold that against me. But I don't think they won a playoff game since twenty sixteen. That's almost been ten years. O'd joe for the Steelers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, he's Steelers.
Speaker 4: The funny thing about it is they haven't it's been ten years, but they've had.
Speaker 3: Winning seasons insistently.
Speaker 4: How hard it is to get into the playoffs when you're in at AFC, especially that damn division.
Speaker 1: Min Yeah, Look, I think the thing is is that Terry. Look, these guys like Terry, Terror's way over mine. Terry was the number one over road draft pick in nineteen seventy. Hell I was born in sixty eight, so two years after I was born, Terry was. You know, I came in the league in ninety that, so there's at least what a twenty year age game. So if i'm if I'm fifty seven, terror's got to be seventy seven. Yeah, yeah, yeah, long, So he came out, So he had to came out if he didn't rent shirt that.
Speaker 2: They weren't rich short like that back then.
Speaker 1: So he came out at twenty one twenty two in nineteen seventy and it's what nineteen, it's twenty twenty five. Now that's fifty five. That's fifty five years, So he got to be he's gotta be seventy seven, maybe seventy eight. Let me you know what, Let me google this, let me see how I will tell you. But I think it's hard for me to believe he's anything other than that. Oh yo, yeah, because like I said, it's.
Speaker 2: A jem brad Shaw.
Speaker 1: He's seventy six more than nineteen forty eight. He'll be seventy seven September second. So I'm right on it.
Speaker 3: You on it. It was a mad you're good with numbers on.
Speaker 1: Hey, Like I said, I don't think they red shirt a whole lot back then, because you know Colin is trying to get your answer out of that.
Speaker 2: Hey, they weren't trying to pay for an extra year.
Speaker 1: But I think the thing is is that if you look at those old old guys you play football, you keep your mind shut.
Speaker 2: You go here, that's old, all that other stuff, it annoys them.
Speaker 4: Listen, you just said something earlier when we were talking about the Super Bowl tickets and about a thing. Yeah, some of the old players from that era, back in those times, they had a way of doing things.
Speaker 2: But now, yes, we were.
Speaker 3: In the air.
Speaker 4: We've moved on and advance in certain areas, especially the game of football.
Speaker 3: Everybody doesn't act that way.
Speaker 4: Everybody's not a robot, and they're approached to the game and how they play or see it. So he to adapt as well, which many of them haven't.
Speaker 1: No, No, because I think the greatest key is survival. Survival is adaptability. And because the players were that way, the coaches with that that way, ownership was that way, and so they don't.
Speaker 2: See this like role and with Terry, Terry won four.
Speaker 1: Super Bowls in six years, and so he's like, this method is tried and true. The less distractions you present for the team, the better off. You're gonna be all this talking and all. But but that's that's how they do it. Because look, some people can you know, can party and can hang out, come in at two or three in the morning, get two or three out of sleep and function just fine. That wasn't what I could do. I need to be sleep by ten, ten thirty. I mean, it is what it is. And some guys can hang out and drink and come in. And you just thought they got to bed at seven thirty and they didn't get to and they might have not got to bed the seven thirty that morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the big boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's but whodos Aaron said?
Speaker 2: And we're just taking him at his word.
Speaker 1: If terror he got to know him on a deeper level, gave him a chance, who knows, they might hit it off. He might actually like me, because I do think Errand is a deep thinker. I think sometimes he does overthink things. But hey, man, the old man, ohhow you know how it is?
Speaker 2: Man, When the mold people get set, they sitting there way little.
Speaker 4: They're not changing that, they're not evolving. They think everything works based on how they had success. Well, it worked for me, it should work for you, so you should be doing it this specific way.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 4: They're not good with technology the whole nine yards.
Speaker 1: It's hard when you're only looking through your lens. See, Terry only sees things through his lens. And so.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 1: It's tough on Joe when you criticize somebody and all of a sudden they come play for the organization that you played for. Now, what works in Terry's favor is that Terry is not really around. He's not like rested Soul Franco used to be around all the time. Mel Blood is around all the time. Terry Terry works something. Terry is not around. And unless f half the super Bowl, he's not gonna be a right. So, And like I said, I I've been around Terry, you know, worked at that, worked at Fox for years and and and and and and met Terry. He's a he's a country he's a country guy that I.
Speaker 2: Think, what does he have now? He used to have cattle. I think he got horses now.
Speaker 3: And you know, he's gonna tell it like it is no matter who it is too.
Speaker 4: Huh, Hey, you're gonna you're gonna tell you just like Alon said that our word, you're gonna gettee you row pause mm h yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah he is. And so you know.
Speaker 1: His family, Like I said, I know in the beginning, But if I'm not mistaken, I.
Speaker 2: Think Terry has I think he raises quarter horses. Now.
Speaker 1: I know one point in time he had cattle. He had beef cattle. Uh, he was in the cattle business. I don't know if he still has it. He had, you know, big rank, you know he had you know, probably I don't know ten thousand.
Speaker 3: Do you ever you ever rode quarter horse before?
Speaker 2: Nah man? We had a pony growing up. We had a pony named Ringo. Uh uh.
Speaker 1: I had a cousin had a horse named Lady, who is an apple looser, you know, white with the black spots.
Speaker 4: But nah, no, I ride horses. You know, I'm not damn davy out there.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Man, you ride horses consistently when I when I have time. Obviously, the god damn quarter horse man, they ride. They ride like real You could feel every goddamn thing. It's like move nothing.
Speaker 2: Man, They look at it. Look now he looking to run, don't yo. He look for you to ride.
Speaker 1: You if you want something to ride or you want something to ride, say the ride or or the work. You need to get a saddle horse. You didn't get a horse. That's that's specific. What are the fair bread men to do?
Speaker 4: Running is fine, and just the ride is rough. Now you can't remember Filipino. I can't remember the name of the kind of horses they have in the Dominican Republican they're not that big, but it feels like you're riding on clouds. They gonna it feel like you know, it's so smooth and it's so easy to catch your rhythm. Them goddamn quarter horses. Man, you every goddamn even if you try, you know, I've been riding, Yes, now can't you catch them?
Speaker 2: You try to go with? It is still rough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't remember the kind of horses they have in the Dominican Republic.
Speaker 3: Starts with a pee Philip something might have been a Filipino.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, no, I just like you know, just all just looking at the horse, the muscular structure, and you're looking at an animal that's a thousand pounds, that ankle bonus the size of a human.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And that's why they have so much problem a horse. You look you look at a horse, an animal that's a thousand pounds and the ankles are not much bigger than a human.
Speaker 2: That's why they've break so eak.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: That's what you know, that's why, that's why you have the problem that you have have And you know a lot of times what they do when breaking you, you know, you put him down because you're asking him to try to put that weight to redistribute that weight. It's sad, that's what it is. But uh now, but look, I wish you know Terry and and Aaron can get somewhere and the conversation. We never hear about it. We never hear about it because I don't think we need to hear about it. I don't think we need to know about it. But I think, you know, there's some things that you know, Terry would probably want to share with Aaron, and Aaron would want to share with Terry, and they could they could move the ball forward. But that's something that we shouldn't We don't have to know.
Speaker 4: I'm sure listen, I'm sure Aaron's going to find a way to get it, to have a conversation with him, ask for his number of Terry's going to find a way to reach out to him, just because you're planning from an organization. I didn't mean what I said like that. But they're going to talk. And you know Aaron Robbers, he shares everything, is everything, So at some point during the season, it's going to come out that we had a conversation. If he's not quill, Terry's, you're gonna let his ass happen on TV.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, and also, Terry doesn't live in Pittsburgh. I think Terry lives in Oklahoma near the Texas Board or something like that. So he's not like one of these his great players for team players that live in the city in which they played a lot of time. You know, players that were great, they still live there because you know, oho, I can cash in you know, autograph signing and appearances and speaking engagements and things of that nature the team, you know, team activities, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: They can take advantage of that. But Terry, Terry left Terry.
Speaker 1: I don't think Terry only lived in Pittsburgh probably during the season and once the season was over gone. Terry tilk all right, Yeah, Jamar Stewart in the Cincinnata agreement four years, fully guaranteed a little less than nineteen million dollars. That includes ten point four million signing bonus. Every twenty five.
Speaker 2: First round pick is nine signed.
Speaker 1: Stewart spoke after practice saying there was a There was never me versus anybody. We just didn't see out of eye at that point. And at the end of the day, I'm happy to Bill Bingle, I'm happy that I got drafted here. We have a long relationship ahead of us. There's no bad blood. It's just just how things go sometimes.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: Listen is uncle's business.
Speaker 4: It's been I want to say congratulations to Shamar Stewart and his his representation, Mike Brown, Katie Troy Duke, everyone else getting this deal done. Shamar Stewart is now in camp. He didn't miss that well, he missed with one one or two days. Uh, but he missed two.
Speaker 1: Couple of day. He missed a couple of days. You know, he didn't do any of the OTAs and things.
Speaker 4: Like that, right, so the team he has a lot of catching up to do. I'm hoping. I'm sure he was working. I'm sure he was working out wherever he was, obviously at Texas A and M.
Speaker 3: But it's different.
Speaker 4: It's different instructuring environment with your own team and your players.
Speaker 3: You can work out as long as you want.
Speaker 4: You know after that second or third day, you're gonna be so as hell no matter what you do.
Speaker 3: It's so because they people.
Speaker 4: You don't have people pulling and push on you the way the way it happens in that structuring environment. So I'm hoping he does well, stays healthy, stays healthy despite the days he missed, and that's the key.
Speaker 3: And hope. I hope he goes out there and shows off because not all.
Speaker 4: Eyes on him, all eyes on him because of the hold out whatever whatever was going on, all eyes on him, and based on what type of production you're going to put up for what you were putting the fans through, that's how they see it. But to do this, you got us waiting, whatever it may be, even though it was business, all eyes on you.
Speaker 3: Now you just got to show up, show up, and show out. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right. You get in football shape playing football. Yeah, I don't care how much you run on your you need to play football.
Speaker 2: To get in football shape.
Speaker 1: You need to put those pads on, put that helmet on and like you say, oh Joe, have people pushing, pulling, tugging on you.
Speaker 2: You work.
Speaker 1: You need to do that in a in a in a in a practice, or a football type atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Run it.
Speaker 1: Look, I understand that running sprints give you a nice foundation, but it ain't the same at all. It's not the same. And like you and I think, oh, y'all, he got a little bit more money. He had to give up something. They had to give up something. I think at the end of the day, that's that's probably how negotiation should work.
Speaker 2: I give a little, you give a little. We both feel like we got had.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're good, uh, because because sometimes on your negotiations can make it awkward. You know what I'm saying. I feel like I gave up too much. You feel like you gave up too much, and now we got bad blood.
Speaker 3: It's just been the sung It's just been. It's at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: You know a game that you love to play as a kid, You just get to a point in life when you get so good at it and.
Speaker 2: People pay for it.
Speaker 3: People pay for what you.
Speaker 2: Love to do, right.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: And the old addage never do something for free that somebody will pay you for.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: And Jamar Steory like, hey, y'all gonna pay it for football. Let me try to get as much as I can, and rightfully so. I mean most services probably started out as free and then somebody saying, I'll pay you to do that. You will because oh Joe what he would say? Man, Hey, I love the game so much, I play for free. And that when the coach told me, what time about Joe, say, that's what I love about Shadon Shark, this guy he would play the game for free, I said, yeah, but I'm gonna need the mother forty five more folds. I ain't gonna be the only one to play for just so just so weak cly. Yeah, I play for free, but I ain't gonna be the only one that ain't getting no check if everybody ain't get the check. Yeah, hey, I'm here, but I'm happy. I'm happy for a young fella like you said. I don't think he missed a couple of no more than a couple of days of camp. Hopefully he's a see I couldn't learn like that. I'm a I'm a visual learningbout you. I need you draw and I need to go through it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Need, I need to go through.
Speaker 1: Put my bike like, okay, what's gonna be dis coverage? Okay, you know on this guy is a little faster than this guy, so he gonna clear it out a little better. I'm gonna be able to get I just need to be there. I gotta see it.
Speaker 2: I ain't a guy you just drawed him and says, okay, go do it.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 2: I needed you draw it up and now let me go out there and do it.
Speaker 3: Execute it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to do that.
Speaker 4: And also, coach, when you draw it up, I know how you drew it. But every time you draw something up, it's not gonna look that way on the field because there's somebody in front of me trying to stop me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to make us know that you drew up that didn't move. They stayed exactly where you put them back. They ain't nobody drop, ain't nobody did nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh man, when I got out of that guy tried to kill me. Grab my face, man, machorrety's a hold of my play. I was like with damn.
Speaker 1: Y yeah, yes and so and it's like, well, I was like, man, my clock had to go off. I think by the time John took the ball, he took three steps. Uh you know that is Bruce Smith, that's Reggie, that's DT. I mean, how much time you think? How much time you Thinke? I'm sorry I didn't go well, you know, you got to get your depth. I said, yeah, if I have got the extra if I went an extra three yard, Johnny got hit in the back of his head extra hard. So the extra two yard save John the extra hard hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny, man.
Speaker 1: So, uh, congratulations, young fella. Now just go out there and do what you do and uh make it happen. Tua look to rebuild a relationship with Tyreek Hill after the weeks Week eighteen outbird. Let's take a listen to what Tua had to say.
Speaker 5: You guys aren't the only people that heard that. You know a lot of people that follow football, that follow the Miami Dolphins, that follow Tyreek, that are fans of his.
Speaker 3: Everyone has seen that.
Speaker 5: So when you say something like that, it's you don't just come back from that with hey my bad. Now you got you gotta work that that relationship up. You got to build everything up again. And yeah, that it's still a work in progress, not just for me but for everybody. But like I said, he's he's working on himself. He's working on the things that he say. You know, he says he wants to get better with and do better on. So that's the first step to me, and so I commend him for doing that, not one I told you, Yeah, not at all.
Speaker 4: Can you refresh the people that are that are watching, the people that are listening what he's referring to though, because he said something, but the people might need context if they don't remember what Tyreek said at the end of the season.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't give you ver Beta, but I think he said something that he might be looking to get out of here because he liked the winning, and you know, he got to do what's in the best interest for him.
Speaker 2: Uh, things of that nature.
Speaker 3: He did, he did.
Speaker 4: But I think I think also I love what I love it too, said obviously publicly two is going to have his receiver's back, but also hold his receiver accountable everything he said. Also for me as a as a football player, a former player, understanding the frustrations that the receiver would have who've had a down season for the first time, who's not used to having a lackluster season like that. The frustrations build up, the inconsistency. All right, I'm not used to this, So what's the first thing you do? You vent about not actually wanting to be in that situation anymore and seeing that whatever meant that Tyrek was trying to do, and trying to maybe find a way to get out of the Miami and find some word scope, maybe back to Kansas City or wherever it may be, it didn't work out that way. Sweat af through the Now. I can't take what I said back. All I can do is work on myself, Apologize to my teammates, apologize to my quarterback and my coaches. And it's one way to make them forget about everything is do what you do best, catching touchdowns, that's catching passes, and working your ass off. And that's three things that he already does, which is why he's one of the best at what he does now in the game.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when you're angry or yourn and I get it, and I hate that, I really do. I hate when guys get angry and they don't speak to the media, because when you score fifty. There's never a time when somebody dropped fifty in the NBA they didn't speak to the media. There's never a time when somebody had one hundred and fifty two hundred three touchdowns they didn't speak to the media. But the moment you get a little frustrated, you don't want to speak to the media. That's But in certain situations, if it's a situation where you so upset and the words that come out of your mouth might do irreparable harm, go ahead and chalking them.
Speaker 3: Say they I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I can't speak right now.
Speaker 3: But what did what did you?
Speaker 4: What's what's you're saying? When emotions are high, logic.
Speaker 1: Is logic is low. And that's why I said, you know what, and I get up. I don't I want you to good batter and disser cause you make the same money. It ain't like so you know why I had a bad game. Oh yo, so oh Joe had a bad game. Oh Cho only had four for fifty yards. Well, o Jo, we're gonna give you four for fifty yards money. O Cho had ten for two sixty Okay, now, oh Cho, we're gonna give you ten for two sixty money.
Speaker 2: You make the same either way. But we are human.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there there were times, man, I spoke to the media after the game. I'm seething because I know we had some guys that didn't play like they were supposed to, and sometimes I was one of those guys.
Speaker 4: Oh same, same, Listen, I remember my games where I played bad.
Speaker 3: I'm about vividly, yes, Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Tell the media, I gotta do better. John's job is to throw it. My job is to catch it. Well, if he's throwing it, I ain't catch it. I ain't doing my job. So I'm letting him and the team down. M I like the fact that to all acknowledge what he said because a lot of times, oh man, we know, we know how guys are so far the song that's our brother.
Speaker 2: He didn't do that.
Speaker 1: That lets me know that what he said not only bothered him, but it bothered other people in the room.
Speaker 2: And they had a conversation with Tom. They talked to Tyrek about this.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, absolutely, they talked.
Speaker 2: To Tyrek about this.
Speaker 1: And I like that old Joe because you know, sometimes, oh Joe, they try to gloss it over.
Speaker 2: Man, you know, it ain't that big of a deal. Oh, absolutely badly.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: And there's only one person that can get away with saying that, and that was the quarterback.
Speaker 3: That's the only one. That's the only person because.
Speaker 4: It all fat all falls back on quarterback not being there. Okay, my numbers on what they used to be and anything that Tyreek says at the end of the season. Who they gonna point the finger at?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: The back?
Speaker 1: Yeah and so h but Tyreek, Tyreek knows what he has to do. I looked at Tyreek's body this year compared to what it was last year.
Speaker 2: He looked ten fifteen pounds.
Speaker 4: Like I told you, I told you what. It looked like the god damn workout. Uh why that work out worked?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh my god, he looked.
Speaker 1: He look the thing you though, Joe, He's already so explosive even if he leaves a step.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still in the league.
Speaker 4: A completely crazy And you know what, the fact he didn't lose the step because he just ran a goddamn ten one last month, what do we what? And he's not even training to run track? How you you're not even track training and you ran a ten one. Imagine if he was in track shape or had track technique or got track coaching that that ten one drop down nine nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might definitely get this. He probably get the ten easy, easy.
Speaker 4: Man, he's gonna be he gonna be alright though, he's gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be but he's just like, look, you gotta realize where he came from. See, they never had these problems in Kansas City. So Tyreek k used to this. Tyreek used to be my homeboy being there, and so he used to like knowing Okay, now granted, now his first couple of years in Miami.
Speaker 2: He's number one. He's gonna get all the balls blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Now and in Kansas City, you know, he had to split that with Kelsey, maybe Sammy Watkins or maybe someone else. But he knew he's gonna get X and he knew Mahomes was going to be there. It's hard no matter how great you are. Look, only DeAndre Hopkins can just go through quarterbacks and still put up Pro Bowl all pronog.
Speaker 3: You know who else did it? God Damn Andrejohnson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or had a quarterback carrousel as well, And for some resonduction didn't even matter regards who's got that throwing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm happy, uh that he said Tyreek is working. But like you said, it takes time. And see o Joe, he could have lied, oh yeah, we're gonna move past that and moved on and.
Speaker 2: Say nah no uh uh uh uh uh.
Speaker 4: We're gonna make everybody figured about this week one, guarantee you because you know, I know, I know what Mike mcdame's gonna do. I know what he's gonna I know what he's gonna call coming on the gate Week one. They dialing up ten.
Speaker 1: But see, that's where that's where you need leadership, because look at the situation that we dealt with in Baltimore in two thousand, the offense with five weeks and we didn't score a touchdown. It could have it could have split us at the scenes. And the thing that really helped me Ray Woody. Two guys on defense, one guy on offense. We were really close. We did everything together. On the road, was in each other's room, laughing, talking. We went out we always, we always went out together. We went to get something eat, we did that together. And I just remember telling them, I said, you guys, y'all, y'all, y'all are doing unbelievable, y'all having a great season, historically great season, I say. But the thing I loved about football is they don't take great units to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: They take teams. So I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't care what y'all do if we don't start doing our part. But when we start doing our part, don't you guys, let that we'll get what we have to get fixed. Y'all get state of course, and me being able to relay that to Woody, to be able to relay that to Rod excuse me, to a Ray and to let them know that. Hey, and then you know, to tell Brian bro I ain't tell anything you don't know, but it ain't getting done. Yeah, we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: When I think about that twenty team y'all had, ye deefens was so good.
Speaker 3: It was so good.
Speaker 4: Y'all didn't have to be as great as they did.
Speaker 2: All you had, no all, y'all.
Speaker 4: Unfair all y'all had to do. Just meet him halfway, Just meet him halfway. Give us, give us ten points. We'll take your arrest.
Speaker 1: Hey, if we got if we gotta, if we got a ten enough to lead, Oh, it was old unless unless we fumbled and you got a scooping store. You gotta pick sex with Marvin Lewis. We started playing and Marvin would say, Shay, give us team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say ten. What we ain't about to get honest? Ten?
Speaker 1: What Marvin said? I remember we playing. We started playing, Marvin say, hey, give us ten. We got to the playoffs. Marvin say, give us seven. I say, Marvin, do you realize what you're saying? I said, Martin, this team's in the playoffs. He said, should give us seven and give it to us early. We played the Raiders, Uh uh, and that we had a great deal. So Marvin was the DC. Jack Dale Rial was the linebackers coach. Rex Ryan was the D line coach. I think, uh, who is the who is our DV coach? I forget his name, but he ended up going to be DC somewhere. But we were loaded. Were playing the Raiders in the championship game. They said, give us seven. It's over. She'll say, Shay, y'all give us seven early at the half it's over. I said, Ray, they number they like the number one scoring team in football. What you mean give him? Give us? Say shape, give us sealing at the half? I said, well, I'm good for selling, big place shame, oh, big place shake, good for sealing. I got that, Hey, I got that touchdown. I came to the sideline like smoking Mama told him make it work. Yeah, this ain't nothing. Smoker ain't enough.
Speaker 2: It ain't enough. She's ain't making enough.
Speaker 4: Hey, was it running back in the Napoleon coffin back then?
Speaker 2: No, it was Charlie Gardner.
Speaker 3: Okay, I forgot about Charlie. I've got it.
Speaker 1: Charted Charlie Garner. Nah, nah, I don't think. I don't think that nappy was there then.
Speaker 3: He was nice. He was nice too.
Speaker 1: He had speed. Now you let him get outside. Now he's gonna cause some problem for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He hit us with about two hundred one in one year at the Broncos.
Speaker 2: But I think that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 1: I think that's where veteran presence comes in, especially guys that are that's not really concerned about numbers or or you're trying to win at a certain point in time.
Speaker 2: Bro, what.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't care how much money you make. Man, when you lose it, it's sucks bad man. You man, you hate I'm like, damn.
Speaker 2: You ain't.
Speaker 1: Joe and people, people in chat. You're not thinking about a check. You're like, man, I'm not hearing this heat. I'm out here in this cold. I'm out here, you know, with the my body's aching, I'm hurting and we losing.
Speaker 3: Hey, hold on, now, you got to think about this.
Speaker 4: Now, I was in Cincinnati eleven years, but ten You know how many winning scenes that had in Cincinnati?
Speaker 2: How many?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe what two? One able to be able to on that. There's a reason I chose to have so much fun. There's a reason. How do I block out the losing part?
Speaker 2: I don't know better man than me.
Speaker 3: Hey, make sure I'm doing everything I can. That's all I can do. I know that two.
Speaker 4: Thousand and five season, that was a winning season. We might have had it, might have might have had two winning seasons maybe in your career or in Cincinnati, ship Lisnati is my career.
Speaker 2: What you mean? You played in New England? You got a year out there.
Speaker 3: I don't count.
Speaker 1: Man, that's on your resume. And guess what, if you go to the hall, they're gonna put that.
Speaker 3: I ain't going to the hall. I put my own jacket on.
Speaker 2: That's okay. But if you were to they're gonna put it and everybody.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you go to Wikipedia and see if they got New England in there. Go to pull up, pull up a chat, pull up oh Choe, Wikipedia, and see if they mentioned anything about New England they will.
Speaker 3: I bet he don't.
Speaker 2: I bet they do.
Speaker 3: I don't even know that. I don't know how to get on Wikipedia.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. I'll thig to get on that for you. I better get on that for you.
Speaker 1: Oh you might need to have him to take that spouse thing off there, But that's neither here nor there right now.
Speaker 3: What is it saying?
Speaker 1: I ain't say nothing, but I'm saying, oh uh. He played foot college at Santa Monica, Cousar.
Speaker 3: August that's me. That's me, August State.
Speaker 1: That's me, August State, biebers And he played for Cincinnati Bengals and the New England Patriots during his tenure playing in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Hold on, what about they ain't putting I played in manti All too.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't put that up there.
Speaker 3: I played in Mexico too. They ain't put that.
Speaker 2: Oh they did. They said.
Speaker 1: He Cincinnati Bingles from two thousand and one to twenty ten. The Patriots twenty eleven. They got an asterisk by Miami, but Madre Allen West in twenty fourteen and they're moder rate in two thousand and See.
Speaker 4: See, you know what, I have the greatest career of any any NFL player ever because I played in the States, I played in Canada, and I played in Mexico. Who else could say that, yeah, yeah, what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Different?
Speaker 1: Different member of He was a member of the Bengals forty anniversary and fiftieth anniversary teams.
Speaker 3: That's b that's me. See, hey, I was good because you know.
Speaker 4: How good you gotta. You know how good you got to be to play in the States. You can play in the NFL, play in Canada and Canada. Listen, Oh I told you about my experience in Canada. Ain't no way in hell some of them fellas should be dying in Canada. What I think people look at the pay or the different and think, oh Canada, sweet man.
Speaker 1: What was the Cam Lake who didn't have a Miami had a guy that came Canada came.
Speaker 4: That's just that's just one of there. There are a few examples of people that born moved Doug flu but it's so many more, the numbers, the politics, the opportunity.
Speaker 3: There are so many players in.
Speaker 4: Canada like it almost irks my soul that they didn't get the opportunity because there's no reason you should be here. Every week we play somebody different. I've seen maybe four or five guys, why why are you here doing?
Speaker 3: But anyway, that's neither here, no