Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: All about that high school drama Girl Drama Girl, all about them.
Speaker 1: High school queens.
Speaker 2: We'll take you for a ride, and our comic girl shared for the right team. Drama Queens, Jayleen's My Girl, Ugh Girl Fashion mch your tough girl, you could.
Speaker 1: Sit with us.
Speaker 3: Girl Drama, Queens, Drama, Queense Drama, Queens Drama, Drama, Queen's Drama Queens.
Speaker 4: All right, everybody, I'm just gonna jump in and steal this intro because I am particularly excited about today's episode. We have dare I say a drama Queen's exclusive, never been done, might never be done again. So if you're listening, well done, you're here for a great one. Because today we have not one, not two, but three of the James sisters. That's right. We have Taylor aka Lindsay McKeon. We have Quinn aka Chantelle, Van Santon aka Van Scranton, and we have Hayley aka Bethany joy Lands and of course you have my self, Hillary Burton Morgan. Ladies, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Thanks, thanks for coming you guys, so happy to.
Speaker 5: See you, so good to be here with all of us.
Speaker 4: We made it happen.
Speaker 6: It's only been like two three years, right, so much the same how.
Speaker 4: You all at the same time. It's like the Olympics. We get it once every four years. It's gone too soon.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you're finally here Chantell, in particular because we've had Lindsay, but we've talked with I've had conversations with so many people who were like, oh, even Austin was saying, like, gosh, the drama Queen's been going on for so long and they haven't invited me on the show. I wonder what's going on. I hope they're not mad at me. And then we're like, oh no, wait, you literally just your character's not on the show yet, so it hasn't happened. I'm so glad we've finally reached the Chantelle season where you're here. Yay.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 6: I love it. It's so funny because I'll sit back, I'm like, I wonder what's going to be like the introduction. Is it going to be like Clay and Quinn's first kiss, like which was Sophia directed you know what I mean. I'm like yeah, And then it was like can you come because your mom's dying and you're like, oh, got punt means it wasn't the divorce that happened like you know, seventeen sixteen episodes ago within one season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well I thought this was great because all three of us really got I mean, aside from the episode where we were fighting in the pool, which was you know, there was a lot to say about that episode. We had a lot of work to do, and it was certainly fun to play with you guys, but this felt really poignant and meaningful. And I certainly hear more comments than anything about this episode from fans. And I don't know about you guys, but when people come up to me, I get a lot of Nathan and Haley. But the one consistent thing that I hear is when you guys did the storyline and where your mom died. I was going through AB and C in my life and it made a huge impact on me and thank you, and so this felt like the right time to have us all together.
Speaker 7: I love hearing that. That's like probably the favorite thing about being an actor. There's not too many anymore, ha ha, but that is one of.
Speaker 4: The best things to hear before we jump into it. Joy, do you want to give the rundown of the episode, I would love to do.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yes. So this is a season seven episode eighteen, the Last day of Our Acquaintance air date February twenty second, twenty ten. As Brook angrily deals with Alex's trist with Julian, Lydia's condition worsens, prompting Quinn and Haley to try and reconnect with Taylor. Clay is forced to deal with Katie's unsettling advances and were they unsettling? And Nathan helps Jamie come to terms with Lydia's impending death. This was written by our dear friend Mike Daniels. Oh. I love Mike and he did such a great job writing this episode and combining the sort of tenderness with also the necessary comedy and the other storylines. I mean, that was That's a hard blend to do, but you can always rely on Mike.
Speaker 6: When we when we got done, I watched it last night. I went in Texas with I actually watched it with my mom and it was the first episode I've ever watched with my family. My mom and I got to watch it together. But when we got done, she said, wow, there was a lot of sexy time as well, mixed in with grief. I said, so we call it sexy chicken soup for the soul. Oh Likena the episode.
Speaker 1: That's I love that. I love that you watched it with your mom. That's really sweet.
Speaker 6: It just happened to be this way, and I thought it was very yeah, like poignant and perfect to.
Speaker 5: Watch it with my mother.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for both of you. Lindsay, have you watched the show at all since we wrapped?
Speaker 7: No, I mean, honestly, I've never watched it fully anyway, But this I didn't remember so much of this. I remember the emotions of being in the scene. I watched it with my husband last night and he's like, are you getting emotional. I'm like, yeah, because it's I was emotional in the scene. It's bringing up that same feeling.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it's surprising watching it, Like Tim, it's such a different era one and you know, where we all were in our lives at that time is probably like a very different space to go back to and have memories of that. Yeah. So yeah, all of that is kind of wild. And then to see it and be like, oh wow, like there's a lot of crazy.
Speaker 5: This is like crazy female storylines.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of exposure, as your mother said, and like how many times did Taylor come into a scene with her boobs out and a robe on?
Speaker 5: And it's just it's wild to see.
Speaker 7: It's just wild to see and be forty two now and have such a different perspective on life and bodies and all of the things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like that. I realized in this episode Alexander really just was brought in to serve as this boy toy character, just to serve as this it's like a facilitator for women's It was like a cattiness or something. I couldn't quite figure out what the point was. It just felt like he's here to make to give alex and Victoria and Brook a reason to be caddy. It was just so strange. He didn't have any other real function so far. Maybe it gets better, but I mean I liked him at the end with Daphne, that was fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was funny to you're just like full makeout in the middle of the street.
Speaker 4: Also, like a slap by an icon just hits different. And that scene I love because when she slapped it was just better. You know, there was just there and so the slap and the kiss.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's so it's so Dynasty, it's so old movie.
Speaker 4: So good, am mine an episode of melrose Place?
Speaker 1: What's happening? That it felt like, I mean, before we dive too deep into our stuff, which it gets so you know, can get so heavy. And there's so many things to talk about behind the scenes of how this episode went. But can we talk about Brooke and Daphne on the floor talking that those shots were great. It was really fun to see them doing something other than anything in our episode where it's not talking heads people just standing there talking to each other. I love, but this was this is good. This is a long time coming, the final revelation of Brook's love for Julian and they're coming back together, and the punch with Alex and all of it.
Speaker 6: I thought it was fun, the slap, the punch, that it was so good.
Speaker 4: Also that it was this interesting thing happening. Where as you all were losing your mom, we were watching Brooke get her mom back. So that's that scene. I didn't notice it until the close over Bros. Scene where she sits down with there and she's like, obviously, Victoria's always kind of just been like Victoria who's just all about herself and she's cutting. This season, we've seen her start to soften, but that moment in particular, I thought like, oh, how interesting. It's like they're losing the mom that they've always had and Brooke is finally getting back the mom that she never had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's like a take.
Speaker 4: On it, Mike daniels Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can always count on Mike.
Speaker 4: Also, Jane has that great line after Solph's punched her and Brook goes to Alex's hotel room and Alex opens the door and Brook goes, oh my god because she sees the black eye and she goes, yeah, I didn't know your own strength, did you? Bam bam.
Speaker 5: That's cute.
Speaker 4: Did.
Speaker 1: I think it's funny how you guys never I don't know if you crossed paths for a long time. The Quinn and Taylor and Brooke characters were always in Clay too, other than Quinn and Clay, but like, you guys were no, I mean, Clay was there for You were there for the whole Taylor reveal with Quinn's husband, right, were you in that episode.
Speaker 4: Oh, the awkward dinner table makeout scene?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's super fun.
Speaker 1: I think I missed that episode, so I don't.
Speaker 4: I didn't remember that they made you guys look like sociopaths for a couple of episodes there. That was crazy, way weird, man, And the fact that no one chimed up was even weirder.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I mean we really were only like Quinn was really only intertwined in the story with family and then Clay. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it took a while before everybody really started integrating. But I think that's good. I guess that's part of when you're renewing a show and you've got a new cast and you're doing new storylines and new things, it's better to draw things out a little bit.
Speaker 5: This is my first time.
Speaker 7: I remember having the one on one scene with you Chantel too, and really enjoying that because that was the first time we got to actually like work together, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah where. I so remember doing that scene as well and being like, gosh, this is so bizarre, like we have where sisters, we're supposed to have this history and you're like, Hi, nice to meet you, I'm your sister. Okay, okay, let's do this scene that's like charged with all this history and stuff. And you know that's where your traumatic family toolbox comes in and helps out and man, but it's always like that. You know, you're like it's you'll do a movie and like the first day they're like, okay, sex scene is up. First day, you guys go, you know how it is. But it was so beautiful the just the dynamic you know, lindsay that you brought because they had shown you know, Hailey and Quinn and like the bond that they had, and then you know, you always have to have the sibling that like throws a rift. But I felt but it wasn't just you coming in and being you know, a selfish or whatever we say. It really like you can see your pain, you can see where it comes from, and that you know, the beautiful scene you had with our mom where you were like in her hospital room alone and all of the things that were underneath the surface that came out in that scene where you just feel like you don't belong and you know you're not the good child and all of these things that you were so wrong about that you held on to that story and you start to empathize. I mean, you know you're not some evil and who just sleeps with our men. You know, you're somebody who's in pain and a real, you know, complex human, and you just did such a beautiful job of all of it that I think, you know, I felt her and I was like, oh, she's my favorite sibling. Okay.
Speaker 7: So I love the fact, like doing this show and doing Supernatural, where these shows go on for years and there's like an arc of my character and each time I come back, I'm in different stages of my life, and I feel like the ending of.
Speaker 5: These shows is like this was Taylor's.
Speaker 7: Redemption, Like this was me getting to come back, and you get to see the Taylor's actually a human, you know, she's not just an evil, horrible.
Speaker 4: And how great that you had that moment with Lydia where it's just the two of you and Lydia says to Taylor, She's like, you are the most like me. Yeah I was. I was a whole different person before I was Lydia the mom. And I thought that was it was just so smart and so lovely.
Speaker 5: Why'd you hide that from us? Mom?
Speaker 1: Why did you wait so long?
Speaker 5: Played the good girl all these years?
Speaker 1: Because Taylor never went home, she was never around long enough for Mom to tell her that's okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get me.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Lindsay, your stuff was so great and to finally see you soft and because yeah, I mean like your whole thing this far has been like her uniform is booty shirt shorts, her one speed is bitchy, like you know, and so it was so nice to get to see like a talented actor go more and do you know, do deep or do softer? And it was just such I think, a great you know reveal for the audience to see like, oh, there you are, like that's the person who's in pain. And Sean tell you, we were talking about this last week. You uh, you do such a great job of being on the verge of emotion, which is such a such a tricky thing to do, but where it's like it's such a powerful tool though, because I think it really pulls the audience in, you know, because it's like, oh, it's like there's there's more power to someone fighting back their tears than there is to someone pushing them. And we were having this conversation last week about how you do that so well. But yeah, like your stuff was fantastic. Joy, your stuff was great, And what I liked about it was all three of you were kind of different levels of grieving, like you each had your own flavor and all of it was relatable. Yeah, So it's like I think for anyone watching, they can find themselves in one of the three of you at any given point.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably why this is the storyline that gets the most feedback on my end anyway, because no matter what part of the grief journey you're in, and whether you're losing a parent or a sibling or just going through a time when you're even the loss of a relationship, can you know is a death in many ways, And I think people just connected with that and the different the different ways that you process grief and try and find your way through. I totally agree, Chantelle. Yeah, neither of you guys were here when you don't hear what we say about you behind your back and all the lovely things that we say about you, but it's true, yeah, Chantelle. The sense of holding everything in and the way that you there's a fragility to you that has a strength, like a spine of strength, the way that you are able to stand experience what you're experiencing. You're so solid. But it's like I want to reach out and give you a hug because it seems like you might collapse at any moment, and yet I have no doubt that Quinn is one hundred percent going to be okay, whether somebody is there to catch her or not. And it's a really interesting dynamic to see Lindsay. We were saying a couple of weeks ago, especially with that episode where the one was it the one before this rob were Lydia tells us that she's got cancer or was it two before this.
Speaker 4: One before this? I think right, I think it's a very quick storyline.
Speaker 6: Like we're going through the photos in the living room, right.
Speaker 1: But it's at the end of that episode.
Speaker 7: Is this where we're packing, Like we're in the room and I'm packing. I remember I have scene with you.
Speaker 5: I do too.
Speaker 1: I don't remember if that's the one I directed her, if it was before that, But you are a firework. It's like I never you never know when Lindsay's going to go off on camera, and it's so exciting, like I never know what to expect from you, and it always made it so fun to work with you too, because it's the unpredictability was so exciting as an actor and as an audience member now to be so removed from it and watch you on camera and be like, what what what is she going to do next? I have no idea if you're going to laugh, if you're gonna cry, gonna hit somebody, if you're going to hit yourself. I don't know, if you're gonna run out of the scene. I don't know if you're gonna just like stop everything and calm down. Like I have no idea what to expect at any given moment. It makes it so fun to watch you. Thank you, Yeah, it's true. And I felt that way in the scene between you, guys, and when you walked in the room with Bess in her hospital bed and I mean Bess Armstrong, like what an actress? Oh yeah, I cried a lot watching this back, guys. This is a rough one.
Speaker 6: She's a force, but everything she says just like cuts. It's so clear when she speaks, you know, there's no fluff, there's no she doesn't put a whole lot And I don't know how to explain. It's like she doesn't put a whole lot of her emotion through it. She's just like, this is what I need to say. I need you to get it, you know, and yeah, like we were so lucky to have her. And I remember looking at her and she eerily looked very similar to my mother. And I had this telling my mom last night, sitting there, I was like, Mom, you guys, look, my mom has like short blonde hair like similar. Does so crazy how similar they look?
Speaker 1: Chantella? I never noticed that. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 6: It was really I remember at the time being like, wow, this is really freaky, like did they look at picture? Did they? And you know, you were like no, these were our parents all along, and I'm like, oh, it's so crazy. You know, I want to I want to share a small interesting anecdote, you know, you you talk about like kind of holding that that thread of like fragility. But I found out the scene where Bess and I are in again, I don't know remember if it was one or two episodes back, but we're in the space that she rents for Quinn to have a gallery. I took a phone call from my mother that night and while we were shooting it and found out that my grandmother got has had breast cancer. So while we were going through and my grandmother was such a warrior and you know, fought it and survived, but it was such a bizarre timing of things, of course, you know, which I find throughout my career, things like that happened where you know, you're like, this just could not be happening at a worst time. But then that's kind of the through line of what I'm watching for me, this twenty three year old version of myself going through and grappling with as We're doing an episode where my mother's dying and I'm wondering if my grandmother, who is like my second mother, you know, is going to die and what is this going to be like? And what are goodbyes like? And you know, what is the big C word like? And it's just it's it's really crazy the way that sometimes life parallels what our characters are going through and nobody knew about it.
Speaker 1: To shooting this episode. Help you process grief or did it feel false and strange? Like I'm crying about something that's not real, but there is something that is real going on. But how do I like, you're having to muster emotions maybe when you're not wanting to or you're feeling okay, and you like, how did you manage that?
Speaker 6: I just remember I had never had a significant death like a mother, my grandmother, you know pasked ten years ago now, but from lung cancer. But at the time it was like the biggest shop. And I think I felt a bit like a zombie be doing this episode, and a bit like out of my own body and not understanding and not really being able to process and grieve what it would even be like. And I think about the other parallel of when my grandmother did die in my last conversation I got to have with her, and it's nothing like you know what this episode is. But you know, I had to just go with it. But it felt a little bit more out of body and not actually real and this isn't what would happen, and a bit like I just wanted to be removed and more have the scenes with my sisters because that felt like an anchor for me rather than the reality of what was actually happening.
Speaker 1: You know, such a strange thing about our job, Like, no matter what's going on in your personal life, death, divorce, childbirth, physical sickness, you got the flu, Yeah, Like, no matter what, you got to show up at work and hit your mark on your call time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if you're on a show like ours, there's a lot of emotional vamporism. So there's there's coincidence like you're talking about, and then there's stuff that's literally just being mined from your life to put into the show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Joy and lindsay, had you guys ever had like a significant death before we did this scene?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think before we did it.
Speaker 6: So my question back to you guys is what Joy said, like, how did it feel for you? Did it feel false? Did it feel like you were processing different grief?
Speaker 7: I mean, obviously like the scenes with you and Mom and all of the things. It's there was so much to pull on, you know, in regular life for that, But the scene where she actually died, Like I remember working with my coach at the time and like the way she was explaining death to me and how people process it, it's, you know, it's so weird when you're actually in like the death scene and it's not necessarily how you think it would be. Like a lot of people aren't like, oh, somebody's dying. You're not like kicking and screaming and crying. Usually it's like there's something else that washes over you that's this surreal, present, like almost attached like experience of like I haven't really processed this before. How do you process what's actually happening? You know, it's a reality that everybody must face, but it's not something usually we're dealing with every day, and it's something so shocking, especially in our culture, like the American culture doesn't really know how to deal with grief and death in like a beautiful integrated way in our culture.
Speaker 5: So it's something that's.
Speaker 7: Always a little bit like surreal and we're afraid of and we don't fully end stand.
Speaker 1: You know that so beautifully said.
Speaker 4: I thought there was a really good moment of that with Haley and Lydia when it was just the two of you in the hospital room and you have this moment where you realize, oh, and you say you're talking about her soup and you say, I don't even have the recipe mm hmm. And that was such an interesting glims because obviously, like you're it's just you realizing like the impermanence of everything, about how it's all about to be gone. And then the next little snippet where she's writing it down and all you're doing is just watching her like you could see the shift. That was one of those moments where you were like, oh, oh god, this is what this is, what this means.
Speaker 7: And then when you give it back to your son, like at the end, when you're like, oh, this is up to me now I carry.
Speaker 5: This torch forward, Like those were very real moments of like what happens when you realize.
Speaker 7: Somebody is going to be gone and how do you move forward?
Speaker 5: And what do you bring of them with you?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: But yeah, and I think you're right that there's if you don't have personal experiencing processing personal experience processing a certain type of emotion, it's one of the interesting, maybe blessings of our job. But to get to show up and have the opportunity to learn how to process that, I mean, I think that's that can be so freeing if you alleviate yourself from the pressure of I have to perform this scene, I have to convey this thing that I don't know how to convey, and instead lean into that I don't know how to convey this, I haven't experienced this before. I wonder what's going to happen? And then they say action and you're like, what's going to happen, but I'm here for it. I'm here to believe the moment. I'm looking at best thinking this is my mom and she's dying. How do I feel? And you just fall into it. Yeah, it's really interesting.
Speaker 4: And best to kind of going back to what Sean Tell said, I think Bess is like if you ever watched a really good athlete and you go, this sport doesn't look so hard. Best as an actor, she's so good that it looks like what she's doing is little to nothing. Yes, but that's only because she's that good. Yeah, but I think if you were just watching this, I think a lot of people could go I could do that role, not doing much, and it's like it's because she's really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she knows how to not do much, because very often in life there's a lot going on under the surface and not too much coming out on your face. You're not making faces, You're experiencing something, and there's an intimacy that only someone who's up close can see what's going on behind the veil. And that's what the camera provides for us. Is that a close experience?
Speaker 6: You know, there's a quote I always loved. Didn't discover it until you know not. When I was twenty three during the show by a playwright Mammot, and he says, in life, there's no emotional preparation for lost, surprise, betrayal, or discovery, and neither is there on stage. So forget the funny voices, pick up your cue and speak out even though frightened. Yeah, why I come back to it still, ma'am, As I think, I don't have to know how to do this. I can be you know, I can't have an idea of how I'm going to do it, because we're not prepared when we're betrayed, frightened, we have loss, we you know, and and it's just you're just present and honest and truthful. And I know when my when my grandmother actually passed shortly before I was, I was living in a in the hospice with her and I had to leave to go do a job. And she was like, you have to go. This is what you're calling you, this is you know, and gave me her to go. And I remember sitting on the floor next to her chair, and I knew it was going to be my last conversation face to face. And let me tell you, I did not sleep the night before, I was like, Okay, I gotta ask her questions. I gotta I gotta find out you know something about her and Grandpa I got to you know you. I was just so anxious of like, how do I tell her everything I need to say? Like do I write? Do I? And that moment came, and man, do I remember it so clearly. And we looked at each other and were sobbing, of course, and all that came out of our mouth was I love you. I was like, I just I love you, and it's all encompassing. And we both knew, we knew the life and the bond and the memories and everything that I was, you know, going to carry forward. And it was that was those were the only words. We're just repeating I love you, I love you, and crying into each other's arms. And I gave her a kiss and I left, and I just thought how perfect. I could never have prepared for that. When I watched this episode back, I give myself, you know, I was saying this to Rob earlier. I give myself some grace because you know, that twenty three year old girl was going through so much and really didn't have any idea what loss was, but me as thirty nine. Now I know I'm me and Loss are best friends, and nothing could prepare me for the way I think I'm going to be strong, or the way i think I'm going to say things when I'm going through and the expectation I have for the moments or for myself. And it's so interesting that I come back to that Mammock quote even in my own life, just to be like, I don't have to know how to do this. I just want to be present and honest and in life, in my heart, and that's it. That's all I can do.
Speaker 4: Wish I had I wish we had both had this quote when we were doing the show, because I like, you found myself in situations where I was way you know, like this show all of a sudden, Like we signed on and they're like, great, your wife's super dead, you're.
Speaker 6: Going through a divorce and you're twenty three. I'm like, I would have to listen, I've now been through a divorce. Oh you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, no idea what a divorce would be Like, I'm like, well.
Speaker 6: Thank god I didn't know, because this would have these episodes would have been real different.
Speaker 4: But how much it would have been so freeing to know that though, right, because back then I thought, like I would, I imposed all of this imaginary pressure on myself. This is what grief has to look like. Tears equal sadness, you know. And that's just like the opposite way to approach being just in the moment and present. And like you said, it's like I have to remind myself just in day to day life of like I have to give myself permission to be a human being. Yeah, which means it's going to be constantly imperfect and it's going to be messy, you know. But it's like, am I trending in the right direction? Am I towards growth? Great?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And all the hiccups are okay, you know, but like when I catch myself being hard on myself, it's like, hey, Bud, you get to be a human being today. This is part for the course.
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, yes, still figuring it out. At any age, you're still figuring it out, you know, you know more than you did yesterday, hopefully, But like none of us, I think really kind of are going to leave this earth like totally exalted being, Like I got that in the.
Speaker 1: Bag, you know, do it all over.
Speaker 6: I'd be so good at this.
Speaker 4: As people probably haven't gone to therapy, like haven't looked inward. If they're like I crushed it ten out of ten, it's like, but did you did you ask around? Speaking of work in progress, there was a hilarious moment. There was two very funny, unintentional moments in this episode for me, which I greatly appreciated. And speaking of just being a human and trying to learn, there was a beautiful moment when Haley's making the chicken dumpling soup back at home. It's at the top of the scene. Joe, I don't know if you've caught this. You go to take a little sip of it, and you're using a ladle that has a hole in it, so all of the water pours out through the hole and you just kind of like at the edge of it.
Speaker 1: I totally caught it.
Speaker 4: I laughed so hard, going like, I know set deck had a ladle or a spoon on set. Why did we give her the one thing not designed to hold liquid?
Speaker 1: No, this was this was notoriously one of my constant thorn in my sides was not having a working set. There was all kinds of facade, but I would open cupboards and there would be nothing there, and it was so frustrating because I would go in for a rehearsal and I might have opened the cupboard. I might not have, but in the scene I'm like, actually, if I'm over here, I'm going to make myself a mug of tea or whatever and open it up. And it was just a completely empty cupboard. So I actually am not convinced that there was any kind of spoon on set. I think perhaps I asked for one at the last moment and that's what was available. He said, great, let's go.
Speaker 4: They were like could you just use your hand and you're like, no, it's boiling liquid and a spoon, and this was like this is all we got. The other really funny moment actually happened in the kitchen. It's when you are prior to I think your mom passing. Yes, you are in the kitchen chopping vegetables and you're having a very hard moment and Nathan walks in and he's like are you okay, and you chop your thumb or your finger and you're like oh, and he's like is it bad and you're like, yeah, it's bad. And you have like a rag over it, and then you proceed to put your hands on your face to talk with your hands, to put your hands on on your face again, And I just love going and onions.
Speaker 1: I was chopping onions.
Speaker 4: Yes, I just wish we could play the reality of it where there is just blood on your face. There's blood on him. Because you're gesticulating wildly that that killed me.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, and onions in my eyes, Like I put my hands immediately up to my eyes, like hello.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like caring at the end of the movie. Not gorgeous, perfectly lit, perfect hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Fail.
Speaker 7: I watched you doing the chopping too, and you're chopping like so pervently that I was like, she's going to chop her finger, thinking it was I didn't know that that was the scene that was about to play out, but I was like, she's actually gonna chop ank careful.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 6: I remember reading the episode and thinking, is this just going to be like three whaling sisters, you know what I mean? Like that was my idea of well off her mom's dying. How are we even going to speak through these scenes? Like I mean, and you know it just I I find myself so uh. When I was watching it so like taken back instantly to those versions of us and the conversations on the side of set and all of the stories behind the scenes, you know that play in like a separate movie the whole time I'm watching at the very end, when we were this is so not funny, but I had to share it with my mom. When we were you were dumping joy the ashes and the wind.
Speaker 1: Was blowing ashes.
Speaker 6: Guys, Mom's ashes. We're all over our black boats and we and they're like, you're crying, You're sad, and we are just like, guys, we can't our mom is all over us.
Speaker 1: Like, do you also remember how full that earn was?
Speaker 8: Mom was heavy, Like I don't mean to be crass, but like it was so like we kept I remember when they said action, it was like we're finally going to pour it, and we start to pour, and then it's like there's more, and there's more, and.
Speaker 1: Went on and on to the point where I was like, I either have to laugh or cry right now, this is so absurd, but the camera's still rolling, so I'm just going to keep dumping and just become overwhelmed. With the fact that this is so much more than I expected, and I allowed it to make me, you know, cry more, but objectively I wanted to laugh because it was so absurd.
Speaker 4: Apparently she was cremated with all of her earthly possessions to everything.
Speaker 5: Have very Egyptian of her.
Speaker 6: When we talk about not being able to be prepared like that moment, I was the same. I was like, oh gosh, I've never you know, what is this going to be like? And it was between the wind and the amount of ashes and the fact you were still dumping like two three minutes in and it was all over us, I was the same. I was just like, this is this comedy?
Speaker 1: Like, is this okay? Honked right now?
Speaker 6: It was one of those that when I watched it, I had to share the anecdote with my mom last night and I was just like, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's because remember, we didn't rehearse it because we wanted to be surprised. We wanted to like experience the emotions, so we didn't dump any ashes on purpose.
Speaker 7: So there were rehearsal ashes in there, and that's it.
Speaker 1: That's what we should have done. Some rehearsal ashes. I don't know, but that was rough and it was it was all over us and then we're like do we cut? Do we react to the fact that we rush of brush it home?
Speaker 6: What do we do? Just cry on each other?
Speaker 1: God? Also, who were all those people? And where were the rest of our siblings?
Speaker 6: Do you remember? Like they were like okay, so like these three people are going to stand behind you, like we'll assume these are kind of like your brothers or.
Speaker 1: You know that's right.
Speaker 6: I never understood, you know, the order of when we were born, how many siblings we had, who our parents were. Ye, I would have been a senior when you were in high school. So then people will bring it up to me like, well, why didn't they show you? It was like because I wasn't on the show, but yeah, you know there's all of that. They were like, so, well, cluster some people behind you just choosing some of our background extras is like and what these people are? Oh high sibling, you know, but we're not going to interact with them, will only interact with each other all last minute.
Speaker 4: Whatever we paid for Landslide was worth it. Oh my goodness. I gotta say that's one thing this show consistently Knocks out of the Park is the score. It's just it's so good. And then I think there's a Shania Twain song that played after that that was Cheryl Crow. Cheryl.
Speaker 1: Now, I think I actually recorded that. I might be mixing up memories, but I know I recorded it. I think they asked me to record that song for this episode in case they couldn't afford the Cheryl Crow version.
Speaker 5: I feel like I vaguely remember that story.
Speaker 1: And then they did end up getting Cheryl's Cheryl's version of it, which is great, but I was also kind of like, I want to do.
Speaker 6: My version of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how lucky they are that they just had you on the bench that they could go, yeah, that you were someone's plan. B Like, how fortunate for the producers that they had you in the back pocket you can cover usb.
Speaker 5: Why didn't they ask you a weird thing?
Speaker 4: I wondered the same thing, and then I remembered I am absolutely tone deaf, so that it's either that or my availability was just not great back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 6: Another song too. There was a song as It Opened your Eyes. I forget is it Maybe it's Trent DApps. I forget who sings it? But I remember at the time discovering that song and hearing that it was going to be in the episode and listening to it before we shot the scene where our mother actually like passes. Oh, and that was like just a stab in the stomach to like hear over and over open your eyes because she was do that. And just like the thoughts.
Speaker 1: How beautiful this thing that Mike wrote in of Jamie bringing in his solar system stars, Oh, that just broke my heart. It was so beautiful.
Speaker 4: Well about the make a wish, you know, he's like, I have Grandma to thank for that because she told me to make a wish. And then when he brought that in full circle, it was so nice.
Speaker 6: Yep, just like the honest kid moment of you know, him being able to like tell that she's sick and she's going to die and just there there isn't like you know, this breakdown of like an adult understanding of you know, how it's going to change his life. But just that scene where he's like she's gonna die, you know, and there's like this gravity to it that a kid brings that is so honest and raw, and you know, then there's still this beautiful hope filled moment where he brings it in and he's like make the wish Grandma like being able to give her what she gave him. You know, that was so it was so special.
Speaker 1: Our show was good at that bringing things around full circle, remembering things from a long time ago. I mean, even what you were saying earlier about the Taylor storyline, like lindsay, when you came in in the beginning, I mean, was it season two that you first came in.
Speaker 5: I want to say it was too.
Speaker 1: I think I feel like it was, yeah, because I had just gotten married, right, Yeah, I think so. But to see that arc all the way through and to watch your this redemption arc, it's just so interesting. It's so interesting the choices you made, and that they really allowed you to run with that too. I feel like I love that. I feel like they just gave you space, like here's your lines, just we trust you.
Speaker 5: I was so yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean that's such a beautiful thing that they didn't, like, you know, with this arc, didn't just pigeonhole Taylor, Yeah, and actually just wanted to see her experience and emotion and human side.
Speaker 1: It was so interesting to me the roles that each of us played, and the way that you got to just back off and say I don't want to deal with this. No, I can't believe you're first it was I can't believe you're giving up, and I'm not going to engage with this. I'm not going to enable you in this giving up of life. I refuse, And how that actually turned out to be just an indicator of your own pain. I wanted to see a whole movie of it, like it was. It's such an interesting character arc. Was that fun for you to be able to come in and every single time I feel like there was something new because you were always so good at creating layers underneath what was on top, Like, yeah, Taylor's speed is bitchy, but there was so many layers. There were so many layers of pain underneath it. Like how did you manage that all the time? How did you manage for us to still love you and want you back and still like be interested in this girl and all of her issues and relate to Taylor and yet also be on the surface just crazy and bitching.
Speaker 7: That is very sweet of you to say all of that. I think there's just you know, I always, no matter where I was in my life or my career. I just always tried to be as like true as possible and bring all of the layers of me as much as I could access anyway at that time and space. But I think joy honestly, it's just like the levels and layers of pain in my own life experience, and you know, wanting to get to feel that and excavate that as an actress too was one of the reasons I liked being an actress. It's like, if I I have a hard time experiencing this in my life, or this is under the surface but it's not healed, and I get to play a character that also brings that out. It's a It's a cathartic experience.
Speaker 1: That's such a gift, though, because it's not always the case. I think there's a lot of actors that put on a mask and they go play a character because they're trying to actually escape from whatever their current pain is or the thing that they're trying to process through it. It's a real gift that you have and that you give to the audience to be able to allow people to see in it's almost permission to process their own pain too, like you in whatever whatever you're doing wherever you are in life, don't shove it down in order to perform and put something else on. Just use it, like let's keep working through it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I think that's what we're taught so much in life in our culture, is to just shove it down, you know, like you don't really have that emotion like get to work, like just live your.
Speaker 5: Life, but on a healing journey.
Speaker 7: And if you're a spiritual person, which I am, it's like what is life actually for? What's the deeper meaning? Who am I as I'm here? What am I learning? How am I growing? And as much as everything in us wants to escape and run away and hide like one, that doesn't help.
Speaker 6: You always have to.
Speaker 7: Deal with your shit either now or at a later date, So like why don't you man woman.
Speaker 4: Up and do it?
Speaker 7: But also it's just like what, you know, what is my own legacy for me as I'm here, you know, and to me as I've gone through everything in life, It's not just like making money being an actor doing this, doing that. It's like it's what is my essence? Like what what do I get to take with me? What do these molecules get to take with me when I transition out of my body, you know, and I used acting to do that, I use my life to do that a relationship. It makes it very difficult sometimes for the people around me. Unfortunately, it's not an easy journey and it's not one that everybody wants to take on. But this is my life mission as I'm here, so thank you for seeing that.
Speaker 4: And also, messy is fun to watch. People who have it altogether are boring. Yes, it's the shelf life of someone who has all of their ducks in a row is very short. Whereas I think as a viewer, we are drawn to messiness. I think because we relate to it, we see ourselves in it, and it's also just more interesting. So that was I thought very appealing the way that sort of your trajectory was over this last bit. And also, and this is just a testament sort of how you played Taylor. There was always sort of it was kind of touched upon. I think Joy called you a firework. There was always an unpredictability. And the only other character on the show who has a similar kind of vibe is Dan Scott. In that when Dan Scott comes on a scene, I'm like, oh, that to happen, and it was the same thing. Like you'd come on the screen, I'd be like, oh, Hurricane Taylor are about to get into and then you're like French and Quinn's exit the dinner table. I'm like, damn, I did not see that come, you know what I mean. Like it was great just because the character has already written so big that I think you just you wisely went like, well, then I'm going to take big swings and I'm just going to let them pull me back. And it made for this really fun experience of watching her as being like I'm going to lean in because I want to know what she's going to do next well, And it was so fun.
Speaker 7: For me because you know, so often you don't get to play and all of that and like do all of these quote unquote wrong, bad, extreme things, and like Taylor lived in that space and so for me to get to go in and play like the different levels of that, how fun.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's very beginning. I'm like, she's my favorite sister because you ground her emotions in something that me as my you know, thirty nine year old self. I understand, I see the pain, I see you know where things are coming from but your reactions to it, you know, while they may be big and firework, you ground it so beautifully. It's so funny because I at the time when we were shooting, was like, oh, I'm just supposed to hate her, and like she's bitchy, and so we're bitchy, and you know what I mean. Like that was the dynamic of me not I don't have Me and my sister are best friends, so you know, I didn't have that experience or understanding of that with a sister, and so I just kind of leaned in on like, well whatever, you know, Quinn thinks like she's not going to try to understand her. But it was such a different experience watching it, you know, and seeing you and being like, wow, this is stellar, Like this is so cool that I know and I can see everything under the surface, even if your reactions are this, you know, it's like I know what, I know what this really is about. So it was it was really beautiful.
Speaker 4: And I think that that kind of speaks to where we were at in life versus like where we are now, and that I think it is a much younger, I would say, less experienced, perhaps immature approach just to be able to label someone with one word that person's a bit yeah, and you get older and you have some life experience and you're like, there's a lot more to that story. Oh yeah, yeah, that is symptomatic of a whole different thing going on, you know. So it's kind of funny that, like back then when we were playing it, it was like, oh, yeah, she's that's just who she is, and now's adults were like, no, it's not no.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 6: Chan.
Speaker 1: Tell do you remember what happens for Quinn after this, like in the next few episodes, how the grief kind of like, I mean, is she immediately just take Oh Rob's laughing. Is this because the whole Katie thing?
Speaker 4: Yes, laughing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't get to grieve.
Speaker 1: We just do a rabbit hole of right.
Speaker 6: How have we not talked about the fact that in between all of this, Clay is off and this is I didn't realize this was the birth of the Katie story. Oh yeah, I was like I was kind of shocked a little bit about it was like, oh my gosh, like this is where it started. And then so like we that was a totally different tangent. I don't even I don't even remember having an episode, not that I would remember all of it where Quinn is still grieving. You know, I feel like we're just dumped into the next tumble dryer of drama.
Speaker 4: I know for sure you don't grieve in seven nineteen because it's your gallery opening. So the entire focus is the gallery opening.
Speaker 1: That's the next episode.
Speaker 4: That's the next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: So I don't. I mean, I think maybe at one point it's like we may we think we may we off handedly say like your mom, would I love this? Or something?
Speaker 1: We must be in that. Of course, it's an honor of her.
Speaker 4: Everything else just kind of moves moves forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this Katie stuff happened so much faster. The fact that she was in the second scene of the episode was really with this random roommate who we never see again. It was very strange. I don't know, I don't. I don't like this. I don't like this storyline that's coming. I don't like it.
Speaker 4: No, it's I will also tell you I don't like it either. I remember when they said you're you're going to have a stalker, and I was like, cool, Yeah, that's a fun reversal. The guy is going to get stopped for a change.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: You know who you getting And they're like, great news, we we got her back. Amanda Schule's coming back, and like wait what, but don't worry, We're going to put her in a wig for an episode or.
Speaker 1: An episode then she'll her.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was like, okay, guys.
Speaker 4: It's just odd to me again. It's that she like she's being scouted by agents, which means she is clearly playing at a pretty high level. And she meets this guy and somehow goes straight up cuckoo for cocoa puffs and just decides like this is minuw everything. I agree with you, Joy. The roommate was weird. I think it would have been more effective if she was just talking to herself. It would have explained this craziness.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, because do we ever see this girl again?
Speaker 4: Well, she in seven nineteen. Here's the funny thing. In seven nineteen she talks to her in the room again, but we don't even see her.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'd rather at least just be crazy right off the back, because otherwise, now she's got this person in her life who's enabling her crazy and then we never address that, which is strange.
Speaker 4: And then like the roommate should have been like eating paint chips, so you'd go like, oh, they're both clearly crazy, right, oh, Lauren, you know. But and the funniest thing was that at the end of the episode, after she has researched Clay and apparently even though there was zero people at Sarah's funeral, there is a page about her memorial where people are like miss you girl, rip queen, you know, and she found that she's dyed her hair, and then like, it's not already so obvious, we just brought the same actress back. She turns to the roommate who and she goes like, plus, I have a feeling. She takes off the towel, reveals Amanda Schule's hair. I'm his type, and then she kind of is in the exact same pose and does the same smile that's on the computer. And then the camera, as if it's not wildly clear to everyone in the audience, the camera pans to the computer like, see, don't they look alike? Yes, it's like hat on a hat. What are we doing?
Speaker 6: Guys? By the way, she's looking at a picture of herself as you know what I mean, She's like, we're just the same, Like really, Also.
Speaker 4: She had no moment of going, holy cow, I look exactly like his way, Like, she didn't balk at the fact that she might actually have an identical twin in the world.
Speaker 1: This was so badly done. I'm sorry. The fact that they could have, Like, if they're gonna do this for real, first of all, why not draw it out? Why not have her seem like a normal a normal girl made me actually Diemanda's hair brown, Like is it that hard? Can you not do like a rinse? Anyway, if they had to have Amanda back, could she not have had an accent or like a completely different personality, maybe some kind of something that they could have let her explore a different side of her acting abilities that she's clearly so, you know, she's so talented. And then why couldn't it have been a real slow burn, Like when you meet somebody who's a little off their rocker, you don't always notice it right away. You kind of think, like, this person's fun or they're a little wild, Just get like little clues here and there, and then eventually, maybe like six episodes in, she dyes her hair and like, oh, oh my god, that's right, you're oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to is this is freaking you out? I can I can dye my hair back. I really didn't mean to freak out. I'm god, I'm so embarrassed. This is terrible, Like slow, make it creepy. Where's the hitchcock of it all? Where's the vertigo?
Speaker 4: Well that would acquire or require self awareness, which clearly she has absolutely none. She traded that in for more cuckoo. And like, there's a scene when we first reveal her and she turns herun on the tennis court. There's this there's the shot when we put cut back to Clay of him reacting and I remember just that was just Rob reacting to what was happening on the show, Like holy, we're actually doing this right now here we go okay, And then the fact that, like, you know, what would have made more sense is that Clay is just so caught off guard that he allows some sort of a romantic brief moment to happen, Like if there was anything that justified giving her a crumb, yeah, Because the thing that's weird is Clay is nothing but professional. He calls or he meets her in public to have a meeting. He quickly whether he was really interested or not doesn't matter. He quickly just goes, hey, I'm not your guy.
Speaker 6: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She offers him a number. He goes, first of all, he should have said I have a girlfriend. Shame on you, Clay, but whatever. But then she offers the number, and he's like, ain't gonna happen, sister, I'm good. So it's odd.
Speaker 6: It's like, how do you just taking the number? Maybe had you just taken the number and been like, uh, yeah, okay, I'll deal with this later, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And all she knows is like Clay's cute and he drives a nice car, and she's like that's enough for me to throw my whole life away.
Speaker 5: I'm in, We're getting married.
Speaker 6: On how women are I.
Speaker 4: Mean on this show occasionally and also the fact that because this is one of those ones where it's like the movie Home Alone, like if you've seen the People Redo it where like it's home Alone. But Kevin just picks up the phone and like calls the hotel and calls his mom, and it's like the movie's over in thirty five seconds.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: This is one where it's like, I don't understand why Clayton go back to Quinn and absolutely download like, holy babe, you're never gonna believe this. Can I show you a picture? Like the fact The part that I bump on and it gets much worse than seven nineteen is that Clay treats it as if something inappropriate or untort has happened, and to the point where she shows up at the gallery and buya is a picture of Clay and Quinn goes, hey, Clay, I want to introduce you to the girl I'm gonna have to share you with, and Clay walks up and pretends like he hasn't met her.
Speaker 6: I need to watch them in nineteen, I don't remember that she came to the gallop and Quinn doesn't recognize her, Like Quinn hasn't poured over photos of Clay's dead ex wife.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, one has a moment of going like quin should have one hundred percent gon like what the hell? Who is that? And then like Clay grabs her by the arm and he's like, what are you doing here? I told you like the way you would talk to a mistress.
Speaker 1: So it's like, buddy, God, guys, Suddy so.
Speaker 6: Joe, you asked if I was grieving. Obviously, I'm in such deep about my mother. I don't recognize this woman looks like his dad. I was just I can't, I can't.
Speaker 1: I mean, we need to come up with a drinking game for the next for this whole storyline. There has to be something for this Katie storyline that we can all take shots every time it happens. We're going to figure it out.
Speaker 6: This goes into like next season, doesn't it. It's true.
Speaker 1: I just remember walking on set that day. You guys were in some kind of hurricane and the house is but you know, like trying to escape her in the house in the rain. But we were shooting on set, so it was like inside the studio and I watched it for probably half an hour and was like, this is so crazy.
Speaker 4: I gotta go.
Speaker 6: She like locks me in the house and hunts me down. It's like a whole thing. She tries to kill me. We shot outside, we shot at the pool at the stage. But I feel like I don't I have to look. I wouldn't really not know, but I feel like this goes into something happens like my revenge happens like in season eight.
Speaker 1: Geez that long?
Speaker 4: Well I know that. Yeah, I think I remember how this season ends for Clay and Quinn.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, I remember how it ends too. But then there's like I come back and like avenge us in eight with her.
Speaker 4: I couldn't remember that at all.
Speaker 1: Chantal, Did you and Amanda have fun?
Speaker 6: Yeah? We did, I mean, of course, you know, like we had. I mean, Amanda's just great. You know, we've seen her like in subsequent years and stuff, and it really was. I mean, it's difficult, I think, to play any villain and she's actually just such a lovely human being that God the hell were we going to do this one? But a lot of the stuff was so intense with her, and I like, you know, once we like actually realize what she's doing and she's she's great. You know. I felt lucky to like get to do such intense stuff with somebody that we had fun with.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Katie's one of those roles you have to go all in on and you can't. You can't hedge or worry about the way you look. You know, you just have to go go full psycho. Yeah, you know, which is very It's a far cry from who Amanda schul is, but she, to her credit, man she she went in to committed them what they wrote.
Speaker 6: That this is like in the midst of this episode, there is I guess, you know, sometimes I feel like we were always in our own storyline or whatever was happening, and we wouldn't be shooting on the same days. So when I watch, I'm like, oh my gosh, there's so much happening in everybody's life that they had to wasn't like they had a dedicated episode of every scene was, you know, our mother passing. So it's just so crazy to look back and be like, oh, cool, while mom was dying, you know, Clays out meeting the stalker that you know, we're going to jump into that storyline.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, Yeah, so great.
Speaker 4: How about Mouth and Miss Lauren because I have big feelings around this. So what you don't know is at the end of seven seventeen it ended. So they've been doing this very weird dance now skills left for la earlier this season. So he and Miss Lauren just sort of broke up like it was this weird thing, and then we find out that they're like not even talking it's odd, and then like she just starts coming out and of course Millie had her terrible after school special drug story. So they broke up and and Miss Lauren just kind of start hanging out. And it was one of those ones where every time I watched a scene, I kept thinking, oh, are they about to kiss, because like I don't remember, you know, but the vibe is very like, what's happening in this room right now. So the way episode seven seventeen ended was with mouth saying to someone because there was a bunch of there was a whole through line of like seize the day, go after what you want, and so there was this misdirective mouth going like I want I want to date you, I want to take you out on a date. The reveal was he wasn't saying that to Millie. He was saying that to Miss Lauren. So at the top of this episode, I was bummed that it opened with him being like, oh, yeah, sorry, I was drunk, and yeah I was. First for a brief period, I was disappointed because it's like, we've been planting these seeds for like half a season. What are we doing with these two? And she's like, I'd rather be your wing man than your rebound. I'm like, all right, I respect that, I get that.
Speaker 1: But also they're out, like they're already out, didn't the when did this conversation? Like this kind of stuff always drives me crazy in a show when you're like, okay, but how did you get from point A to point B without having this conversation?
Speaker 4: First, clearly they drove separate cars, joy clear.
Speaker 1: So he asked her to go out with him. She just stood there staring at him at the door. And then what happened between that moment and now they're suddenly walking through Mayfair like the shopping center in Wilmington. They've got they've picked up food, So something happened. They're hanging out.
Speaker 4: You're totally right. I didn't even think about the night when it happened. Anyway, Oh wow, that's weird. Well we do get a bit of a payoff though, because later in the episode, Miss Lauren shows up at the apartment and she kiss his mouth and I'm like, let's go. This is exciting, and then Skills walks in the room. Okay, how did how did yeah?
Speaker 1: Did he in the suitcases? I feel like he was had with like a coke I feel like he just had a styrophoam cup and like something in his hands.
Speaker 4: So funny. Also the fact that they were their their entrances were spaced out by about twelve seconds. So I just love the fact that like they didn't see each other well opposite stairwells. She stopped to send a text message. But uh, it was fun writing that. I found myself going, yeah, all right, let's expe this, and then immediately it's like, and here's the crimp in that plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know. I don't know what's going to happen. I think I think the whole thing feels a little daycopoged together and I.
Speaker 4: Wish does that mean piece together like randomly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's like messy glue.
Speaker 4: You don't know fashion words.
Speaker 1: No, it's glue. It's glue and like little pieces of cuts of pieces of paper that are cut up. Okay, thank you, we did it in like fourth grade, No did decopaj. Thanks.
Speaker 4: I went to public school, Lindsay. I don't think we used any frenchy decopaj.
Speaker 1: Okay, poster plasta. I don't know if.
Speaker 4: Dumb it down for the guys on the podcast, but.
Speaker 1: I liked that they had skills walk in. I think that it'll be interesting to see what happens. I just wish I believed it more. I wish I was more invested, that's all.
Speaker 6: I love how Rob is invested though, I mean he was like waiting.
Speaker 4: For this kissed Yeah, and I will tell you joy having watched the I've watched nineteen and so I have, we're gonna have a much larger discussion about it because more stuff goes down and I have a hot take. So there's your teaser for next episode. Listener, tune in to hear Mighana Soapbox about Miss Lauren and Mouth.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. Well, okay, we have a couple things before we wrap up the episode. We've got a listener question. This is from Tina, and she wants to know if you had to pick a reality show to be on, what show would you choose? The Great British Baking Show? Even though I can't bake, I would want to be on that show. I also might go on Love is Blind because I think that's hilarious.
Speaker 6: I would want to host f Boy Island so good. I mean, listen, I can't host because I think that Nikki who hosted is amazing and she's wonderful. But like I just I fell in love with watching f Boy Island because this is this character study of like the new generation that I'm no longer a part of because I'm not going to I'm like, thank god, I don't have to date nowadays. This is like when you're in your twenties. This is terrible. So yeah, I would just want to like go host, you know, I wouldn't want to be on it.
Speaker 7: Lindsey the question if you didn't reality show question, No, I just say no. I would just say no. So many of them are so filled with drama. I would just like my nervous system would just shut down. But I think now that I've done a lot of like construction and home decorating and stuff, I was like, man, I should have just been filming all of this, Yes, scent it out and done that kind of reality show. That would be kind of cool.
Speaker 1: You could and you should do it. Robert.
Speaker 4: I think, listen, if summer's approaching, it's obviously going to be Survivor because there's no better way to get that hot summer mood than three weeks of starvation.
Speaker 5: I love Survivor by the way. We're just watching it last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's our show here, so every week, I mean, listen, it's that show is difficult.
Speaker 6: What season are they on?
Speaker 4: We're watching forty six right now, but there's at least four we haven't seen, so they've they've done.
Speaker 7: Easy is like eighty years old by now, still looks, still look amazing.
Speaker 4: But I think I just I watched the show, and I know every when you hear contestants say it, they're like, it's so much easier to watch the show, like, because I was thinking about, like, could you imagine not there's a tribe right now it's like historically bad. They haven't had fire for ten days. They've been only eating coconuts for ten days, and they're not sleeping. Can you imagine what version of yourself you would do after no sleep and no food for ten days and you're losing every challenge. I would be the worst talking head because I would either just be crying hysterically or I would be pure vitual. It would be terrible.
Speaker 6: Have you guys ever watched the one I'm obsessed with? And yeah, you know, and I'm upset, Like they film themselves and there are times they like make puppets, like just like Wilson, Yes, just like Wilson, but they make puppets or they've painted their faces or and I'm like, because they're alone. And at the beginning, I was like, oh my gosh, I would love this, Like I'm such a hermit crab alone would I would totally wouldn't survive, but I would.
Speaker 1: Love to do this.
Speaker 6: And then you know, you get into like a few episodes and you're like, I don't think people were ever meant to be alone, like actually really truly sequestered, because almost all of them go a little cuckoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a little crazy. I'm going to change my answer. Though, History's Mysteries, You guys are inspiring me. The more that I think I would want to go do some kind of histories mystery show where I get to go like explore places that have to do with historical archaeological sites and find out things about history that we never knew. I think that would be really fun.
Speaker 6: And I try to choose that over being on Love is Blind.
Speaker 1: That's a tough one. Yes, absolutely, yes, sign me up to travel.
Speaker 4: I would you know, if we're gonna change answers, I would say if I was hosting a show anything food related, like phit me on Great British Bakeoff, Iron Chef. I mean, I'll even do beat Body.
Speaker 6: I'll do the Great British Gluten Free Bake Off. I'll do I mean where I can have all the gluten free treats that people try to make. I'm down.
Speaker 1: Okay, do we want to spin a wheel?
Speaker 4: Let's spin a wheel?
Speaker 5: What is spinning a wheel?
Speaker 4: You're about to find out. Lindsay mckinnons.
Speaker 1: You know, in high school when they have the most Likely Too's at the end of the year book. All right, so this is our most likely too. So you choose who in real life of our cast, and then who of the characters in the in the cast are most likely to host their own talk show. That's really funny.
Speaker 4: Well listen, I mean Dan Scott's the layup answer for characters, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, for sure, I think Mouth could come in a hot second place. I could see Mouth hosting his own talk show. Yes, yeah, I mean I don't know in real life.
Speaker 6: I mean, in real life it's Robbed Come on, give me both of you.
Speaker 4: Joy. Would you want to No?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I just did. Kelly Clarkson and I haven't done anything that's that fast paced before. Like I'm more of a drop in conversation. And I realized leaving that it was the first show I'd ever done that was that, like, you have to just get your thing out in soundbites. It's got you have five minutes to say everything that you need to say, and it is a skill that I don't have. And to have multiple people come in throughout an entire day and you shooting for you do two episodes a day is what she does, I think, and you get like three to five minutes with each person. That just sounds miserable to me. It's like all small talk all day long. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 6: But Rob does such a good job of I always found this from like day one of meeting. You like the references that you can pull from years and years even before you were born, and then you like definitely make jokes and sound bites. I'm like, it is a skill that I don't have either. I'm like a long winded take you on a journey, yeah, I mean you'll end up at the answer somewhere. But like Rob is so good, You're so good at like the comedy, but then having the heart and you know, the sound bite moments and you know, looping in historical things about boys to men, even though you know whatever the historical moments.
Speaker 1: Boy that you just combined those two things in a sentence, This is my favorite history.
Speaker 5: From the nineties.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for saying that. I give all the credit to high functioning anxiety.
Speaker 5: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, childhood trauma and high functioning anxiety.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: So we also do an honorable mention, which is just sort of like your shout out of the one thing you really liked the episode. Maybe, yeah, your favorite, your favorite takeaway. Maybe it's something we haven't discussed as much.
Speaker 6: I mean, honorable mention for me is to mom like she was, like you said, she was the glue. She was the glue of it all that and I could see us all looking like sisters, and that was our mom and she was our glue. So that's my honorable mention.
Speaker 1: I love that. Well, I mean, I've complimented both of you enough to say that you both did an exceptional job in this episode through all the grief and everything that we had to process through. So I'll give my honorable mention then to yourself to Jana Kramer. Can you imagine to myself to Jana? She she always surprises me. She's one of those another one of those actors where you never quite know what to expect. It's a different type of unpredictability because of the nature of the character. But she was much more grounded in this episode. Uh, this character was so much more. She just keeps dropping into better and better versions of herself. And I think Jane has been really masterful at that arc, going from someone who started out almost as wild and crazy as our friend Katie to going you know, much more mellowing out, going through her own dramatic grief trauma journey and finding herself into a place of like some semblance of peace. And I'm really enjoying watching her. Every time she doesn't screen, it's like getting better and better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's great. It's been nice to see her get to have levels, you know, because initially it was just the only two speeds were high high and low low. You know, it was very manic with her and that's so tough to play. And now that she gets to do some smaller stuff, you know, you see that she's very, very good you know, she brings it my honorable mention. I know we've talked about at Land, but it would be the quartet of the James Women. I'd say, the three of you and Best. I mean, you guys are this whole episode and everyone brought it. It was all so good. It was also just so grounded. None of it felt like it was a push or a pull. It all felt like like the you know, the audience got to come to you and it was believable. And like I said, I think there's so many entry points for people to relate their own experiences of grief and loss between the three of you and then just the way Best played it. So yeah, man, hats off to the four of you. Y'all crushed it.
Speaker 5: Thanks working with you girls too.
Speaker 7: Like I always felt good about our scenes and what was being brought to the scenes and the openness and the willingness to play and feel and all of that. You know, sometimes with actors or scenes you can feel blockages or they have all their own stuff going on. But I feel both of you always showed up present and to play and to like get your hands dirty, and that makes life so much easier, you know, especially with these kinds of scenes.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Yeah, I feel that we bought you too, you too, Chateau.
Speaker 4: All right, so we'll see you all in another four years? Is that what we said.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad we got the three of us together, the four of us, Rob, I'm so glad that you helped to facilitate all this too, and just to have the three James sisters together felt really amazing.
Speaker 4: Thanks for letting me sep over.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 6: You learned about you learned about new arts and crafts that you're now going to.
Speaker 5: Have to go like Daco.
Speaker 3: Pause.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to talk about deco page to all of my dude real friends them go what now, I'm gonna go. You don't know what it is? Google it bro right.
Speaker 1: Next episode, Season seven, episode nineteen, Every picture tells a different story come back. Robert has quite an opinion for you guys on this next episode. I love you both. Thank you so much for joining us, thanking us, love you guys. Bye, Hey, thanks for listening. Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at drama Queen's ot h or email us at drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 6: See you next time we all about that.
Speaker 2: High school drama Girl, drama girl, all about them high school queens, we'll take you for a ride at our comic girl cheering for the right teen drama queens.
Speaker 6: Up girl fashion.
Speaker 1: But your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 3: Girl Drama, Queens, drama, queise drama, queens Drama, Drama, Queens Drama, Queens