Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys podcast slight reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Brooklyn Boys. Slice time for episode three fifty.
Speaker 3: And beyond. I'm keeping beyond Bertie beyond sold on it. You're not sold on beyond? No, I think previous three fifty had previous and prior prior.
Speaker 4: I don't we agreed on something last when we did Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 1: You might have agreed on something. I didn't. No, we had something that we liked and then we don't. I don't know what it was. I'll go back and listen to it. Three sixty all encompassing and the rest three sixty three, three fifty and the rest of the catalog. About that.
Speaker 3: Now, when we do episode three sixty, you do you have to do it like a complete turnaround Hio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. You got to do a three sixty, but.
Speaker 4: Not a one eighty, which everybody, when I say mean one eighty, they say three sixty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, people are four. Well he did a complete three sixty. Nope, complete one eight. Anyway, we had them.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of talkbacks to get to I'm looking at it right, Yeah, excellent, tons. So this is the companion episode, the episode about the episode. This isn't the main episode of Brooklyn Boys. If it's your first time, welcome, give a listen to what this has to we have to say here, but then go back and listen to a real episode. This year is just uh, the slices about the episode. Yeah, the slices. These these are the fan base people coming on back and shooting back and commenting on what they heard. Uh, because they clicked the talkback button that little microphone listening iHeartRadio app exclusively to the iHeartRadio app. Okay, hopefully some people want to send me some money.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, let's go.
Speaker 3: Lets to roll up our sleeves and get it down to business here dp F mean seen here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right and scaring you tell Brodie about how bad the French Fries are here and there.
Speaker 1: So shut the fuck up your bogy masters. You beat seventeen hundred of them at one time. It don't matter if it's good for you're bad for. You're still gonna get big. My boy.
Speaker 4: Commenting on sco by the way, that's our boy. That was is that JD from from North Carolina?
Speaker 3: A lot of noise in his talk. Yeah, he's welding and and uh, yeah, yeah, what was that? What was it that he disagreed with me on about French fries.
Speaker 4: You were saying how the French fries are healthier in Europe than they are in America.
Speaker 1: But it's true, he said, big deal.
Speaker 4: You're still gonna put seventeen hundred of them in your mouth and get fat either way, of course, but I'd rather get.
Speaker 1: Fat, you know, and with with less poison in my body. I don't know, there is no healthy French fries. The fried I mean, hey, it's here.
Speaker 6: You might not want to call me away under.
Speaker 7: The straight line because I never.
Speaker 8: Said I was the best, but I might be able to show you something. But damn, motherfucker, I'll be fucking this shit up sometime. But I'm doing all right. There's moment I wing to.
Speaker 7: Be in here for about pick the phone with but uh.
Speaker 9: Uh DP from.
Speaker 10: NC here again.
Speaker 1: I was calling in regards to the dude.
Speaker 6: That was talking about he's not gonna buy.
Speaker 1: The myth, but he'll smoke it if it's around. Let me just go ahead and tell you meth is a hell of a drug. It will fuck you.
Speaker 11: Up pretty good, not just talking about the high.
Speaker 1: Physically, it will fuck you up make it look different.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 1: I got a cousin back home up in the Mountain Spanky. He is an eight one mechanic. But the motherfucker smokes meth.
Speaker 13: Put two shots out of business, working.
Speaker 1: Out of the yard. Meth is a good drug.
Speaker 3: It's like Dave Chappelle's Rick James cocaine drug.
Speaker 4: DP is moving up the charts on my favorite slices at the moment. Yeah, but he's got to talk backs of terrific. Gotta get rid of it if you could hear him. Yeah, but I understooked. The man works hard for a living. He's got background noise.
Speaker 1: I get it. But that's funny as shit. Yeah, absolutely, I would agree with that.
Speaker 7: Brody Vinny from Brooklyn.
Speaker 6: I'm listening to this talk back, and for such an intelligent man, you have such a cynical view of the world.
Speaker 7: It's all about this food stuff.
Speaker 6: Yes, they have processed foods in Europe, but number one, they don't have as many chemicals. A lot of those chemicals that are used in our foods here are banned in Europe. Period number two Europeans. And I can tell you this because my family still lives in Italy. Europeans Italian specifically, do not rely on the process garbage that we do here.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, our government allows it.
Speaker 6: You're one of those people that believes that our government is actually out there to do good for us. Our government sucks. Governments are there for one reason, power and to protect us two reasons maybe, but they have no business being in our food supply.
Speaker 12: None.
Speaker 6: Stop with the history of McDonald's and all the bullshit, the reason why McDonald's.
Speaker 7: McDonald's used to be tasty, people used to crave it.
Speaker 6: They don't anymore. It's garbage now. I haven't been to a McDonald's in years. It's disgusting shit.
Speaker 8: Food, horrible, horrible, horrible.
Speaker 6: Horrible, And I yes, I can taste the difference. I remember growing up in the nineties how great it tastes. I hate to even try to debate you through these talkbacks. I'd love to actually be able to debate you in a real conversation about this, because I'll tell you the truth. You're completely fucking wrong about this, scary as one thousand percent right. And I'm not saying that I eat the cleanest, healthiest fucking life. But even what he brought up about the nutella go to a Livoti's or a labella that carries the Italian nutella in a glass jaw. Just look at it, the glass jaw versus the plastic jaw, open it up hours is oil where the Italian food or nutella rathera is creamy and a much lighter color, tastes completely different.
Speaker 7: Does it stick to the roof of your mouth the same way? You really have to?
Speaker 6: I can't believe someone's so intelligent. I can't see what's right in front of them, and your ridiculous point of view that they put it in our food because we like it, as opposed.
Speaker 7: To that's your only option.
Speaker 1: It's cheap.
Speaker 7: It's either you eat it or you down is crazy.
Speaker 6: It's ludicrous to think that that they're putting these poisons in our food.
Speaker 7: Because we like them.
Speaker 6: That's the craziest fucking theory or the craziest fucking thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 7: No, we don't like them, but what else is there?
Speaker 6: I'm not specifically speaking for me, but the reason why we have such a chronic disease, the sword of epidemic and obesity epidemic in this country is because the affordable foods are leadening with all these fucking garbage ingredients. That's what you're not understanding. You go to a different country and for half the price that we pay for our fucking foods, you're getting healthy food.
Speaker 4: I think that was the end of his rant, all right, So let me let me try to address some of it, because it was a lot, Vinnie. I appreciate the compliments on my intellect. What I you You actually agreed with me in there, and you don't realize it. The reason McDonald's doesn't taste as good as it used to is they no longer fry the French fries with beef with beef juice in it. They made it so that vegetarians keep the French fries and they try, you know, it's gonna be healthier. So when they used to put the beef fat beef town the fries, right that, then the fries used to taste better.
Speaker 1: So you're with me on it. I'm with you as far.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what the difference is. Zero argument with Vinnie here. So it's all you brody, okay.
Speaker 4: Europe operates on the precautionary principle, meaning that additives must be proven safe before they can be used in food. The United States employees are more hands off approach, allowing new ingredients and additives unless proven harmful.
Speaker 1: That's the difference. Ah, But what I said is accurate.
Speaker 4: America allows more things, not because the scientists don't know. It's that they give you a warning. Listen, we sell cigarettes in America. We put a warning on it, and we keep selling them. That's America. America is about merca and freedom and people want the shit they want. We tell you not to eat processed cheese, but you're gonna eat it anyway. Now, the stuff that causes cancer laboratory animals, they take out of most foods.
Speaker 3: However, processed foods are bad, scariest, right. I agree with him, and I agree with you Vinnie. And yes, Europe allows some less chemicals in their food. However, some of the food in America that has chemicals, they have different names in Europe and it's the same chemical. You should also know that. Anyway, that being said, broke the food podcast.
Speaker 15: Moving on, Broken Bowls fall from Jersey catching in the podcast, and you're talking about going to Central Pey for the fifty thousand vacation that you're taking. Scary talking about how Danny Connections won't be drinking.
Speaker 14: And scary needs to have something in his hand.
Speaker 15: Scary if you cann't grab a bottle of soda they have those in Europe, that'll be something in the hand. Or you can hold your d You saw you asked your d hold your d I'll be something.
Speaker 7: In the hand.
Speaker 1: I can't with my dick of my hand the limit my foot in your ass.
Speaker 9: Be cool.
Speaker 1: Thank you, miss.
Speaker 7: Guys. Sorry for the barrage of u these passages. I just want to apologize, if any for Brooklyn again.
Speaker 1: Oh Vinnie, we love you.
Speaker 14: And something all from Jersey. This whole sugar thing.
Speaker 15: You can stop yourself from meeting all this crappy canyon st that outside of your house or in your house.
Speaker 14: Second, sugar is sugar. Fruit has a lot of sugar, a lot of sugar. Some diabetics cannot eat it because they messed up with their sugar so much.
Speaker 15: Fruits like apples and grapes and strawberries have tons of sugars that fuck with them.
Speaker 3: So okay, now I got to stop you there. They're all sugar is not created equal. Sugar from fruit is very different. Yeah, but you're right, some diabetics might not be able to I can't talk about that, but it's not. It's not the same. It doesn't your body doesn't process it the same. And again, once again, we are not a health podcast nor a food podcast.
Speaker 1: We're moving on. But that's a misinformation. Do your homework.
Speaker 4: Also, diabetics can eat diabet diabetics can eat high sugar fruits in modern anything else, it's naturally occurring sugar.
Speaker 1: It's different, it's different.
Speaker 14: It's different, Brooklynn wal.
Speaker 5: This is Q from all over the Map, Brody to answer that question. When that I actually started liking you, It was when the off Air show started and you came in a couple of times and you actually gave some good advice to women out there, and I was like, wow, he's actually not a d bag. So that's actually when I started liking you. Because I'm not gonna lie I hated you in the Big Show. I'm like, God, this guy's a fucking child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what it was.
Speaker 3: It was the fact that it was Brody was juxtaposed against the very strong character of the Jersey kid Greg T on the off air show. So that's what it was. You had Greg T as the backdrop and then Brody came in like, ah, look at this here's a different type.
Speaker 16: Of a Q.
Speaker 4: First of all, I appreciate the love and you're a manchild on the Big Show. First of all, I barely spoke on the on the Morning Show, and when I did, I was usually given like fourteen seconds to get a point across, say something reactionary, and then not talk again or defend myself. So I'm glad that now that you hear me speak normally and frequently without limitations, you prefer or like the David Brody that you hear here. I would not say that David Brody that was on the Morning Show was a true indication all the time. Sometimes I was playing a role or a character, or playing along with a bit for the comedy of it.
Speaker 3: But you gotta min Brody after a couple of hundred episodes of the off air show with the Jersey Kid and then hearing you come in, it's basically at.
Speaker 1: The breath of fresh eggs, That's what I'm saying. I think that's she.
Speaker 13: Fell in love with Hey Brooklyn boys Jamie from Queen's Here right after the episode came out where Brodie talked about the loud ass woman on the phone in the doctor's office. Some asshole did the same thing in Starbucks.
Speaker 17: I'm sitting eating lunch listening to a podcast.
Speaker 13: On my headphones not the Brooklyn Boys, not sorry, and some asshole was not only loud on the phone, but he had the phone on speaker and was pacing around the Starbucks on the phone and I could barely hear the podcast over him.
Speaker 18: All right, yeah, hey, it's m J fomanj. About the whole music situation. Yes, that was nice. They you know, silence, Hey, why not? But I had one where they put me on They asked what kind of music I wanted? Did I want rock? Did I want punk? Did I want like classical music?
Speaker 17: That was pretty cool.
Speaker 18: Well, the one where they tell you press one and then they'll call you back within whatever the next available rep.
Speaker 17: I like that better.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Jake.
Speaker 19: Hey, Brenan Scarris Joe from California, just why your first break was actually your second break, because apparently I heard must have thought you went too long and inserted a commercial break about ten minutes in when you were talking about Brody having kinks.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they happened that They sometimes do that if we don't insert the proper amount of commercial breaks.
Speaker 1: They do it for us. Oh, that's that's messed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but usually we get Usually we get it spot on. Usually we get the right amount.
Speaker 1: Spot on. Commercials are called spots.
Speaker 15: Broke them boys fall from griven all right, I'm tired of this whole shit about people from Europe looking better than look man.
Speaker 14: I was born in Portugal, lived there until I.
Speaker 15: Was a teenager, came here. People are not looking better in Europe. Scary because of the food. It has to do with the lifestyle. Has to do with the laws.
Speaker 14: For example, in Europe you have to have thirty days vacation.
Speaker 15: People don't work as hard because they don't have to because the laws are different.
Speaker 1: Ok the food there.
Speaker 14: Broken, Boys fall again on the whole. People in Europe will donate differently. It has to do with the way of life. Has not to do I agree, food. They still have additives and food the same way they do here. Scary.
Speaker 15: Stop this misnomer of fucking there's a lot more ship here in the US, and there is there.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're wrong, Paul. I'm sorry I beg to differ, but you're wrong. Do your research. Uh there there are more no, no, no, and move on. Okay, We're gonna move on to your research, moving research. But I do agree with Paul on the point of yes, contributing to the way they look at the lifestyle.
Speaker 1: No, no, they have they do. Get more vacation. Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah. Move on, move on.
Speaker 3: He's got two more, He's got two more talkbacks, Brodie, what are you rushing the guy?
Speaker 15: Broken boys, Paul from Jersey on this medical food ship scary.
Speaker 14: You're fissing me out.
Speaker 15: All these people are paying all this money at Whole Foods because the food doesn't have all these additives. It's bullshit. You have to eat pesticize for everything. Uh, peaches get vice, oranges don't grow because they get eaten by pests. You have that pesticize. You have to do different things. So let's get off of this thing of like our food is garbage and look and see what you broken boys, Paul.
Speaker 14: Yeah, last one I promised. Let's man, it's very simple.
Speaker 15: Stop with the being captain generalization, stop being captain generalization, and look.
Speaker 14: At your actual facts.
Speaker 15: And when you see okay, like Brody does show us facts, talks about facts.
Speaker 1: Asked Vinnie, ask Vinnie, Probaty talks about facts. Hey, I google everything.
Speaker 14: All right, Ah, fucking fun nuts. You lied, that's.
Speaker 1: You lie, Roddy, you.
Speaker 15: Just said, don't leave us a string of talk back about the food talking and like episode as.
Speaker 14: The budget of them. All Right, I'm sorry, I fed.
Speaker 3: You're not sorry because all right later, Paul, I need to wipe this late clean here. This is at least Vinnie called. Vinnie called back to apologize. Paul called back to missus guilt and doubt that and double down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Boys podcast, We will be right back. All right, we got a fresh set of talkbacks. What do you say? Let's pretend like the.
Speaker 4: Show started with where's all the people talking about the my parking ticket and sending me money?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 20: Wow?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, we'll move on Vinnie and Paul.
Speaker 21: N r Y b r o d y b r o d y s k e r y d A n n A Y from c T here. Question for s k e e r Y, since he's all about the foods and b r O d Y, feel free to chime in. But do you think it's wrong for a vegetarian to eat animal crackers?
Speaker 1: No? No, not at all.
Speaker 4: No, I think it's I think it's wrong and still another comics joke.
Speaker 1: But yes, it's who did that first? Was that Paul?
Speaker 22: Not Danny Brodi And Scary, It's Cynthia from the Upper West Side originally from Jeep said Bay, and I've been teaching in East Flatbush for the last twenty years. Well, smiling to your water dilemma from episode three forty eighth, Scary, you never once mentioned your client smart Water. You talk about drinking Poland Spring all the time, but I hear that ad for smart Water. Yes, every time I listen to any of the podcasts, and it flashes across my mind each time that you drinking smart water is all a lie.
Speaker 1: It's not. I have some right over here.
Speaker 4: Actually, you know, I'm gonna go out of my way to defense Scary before he does, because I can explain it. Smart Water became a sponsor after the episodes where he said he couldn't find the sized Poland Spring bottle that he was looking for.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 4: Now he drinks smart water, And just because he loves smart Water doesn't mean in the rest of his life he won't drink other water. But he happens to enjoy smart Water. It really is why he agreed, which is why he agreed to do the endorsement.
Speaker 1: Would that be correct? He that is very correct. That is correct. Thank.
Speaker 3: In fact, I drink several brands of water. But you know, I I gotta be honest. I'm on a smart water kick. But you know, growing up, of course I had pollen spring. But that was the time before sport smart water, you know. But yes, but I drink a lot of water. I do a lot.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, VINNI from Brooklyn just want to say sorry.
Speaker 6: If I got at a hostel on my messages the other day, Uh touch the nerve, but I apologize.
Speaker 7: I didn't mean to attack anybody. If anybody felt attacked, especially you broke that you guys.
Speaker 1: Paul felt attacked, maybe you should apologize if you want to say.
Speaker 23: That, he.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Vinnie, all good, nothing but love. And also you already apologized. So the fact that a couple of days later it was still eating at you. And by the way, if it was eating at you, I hope it had no preservatives in it.
Speaker 1: No preservers said, no obditives in you? Who was eating you? All good man?
Speaker 3: I love a healthy debate or an unhealthy debate, whichever way you want to look at it.
Speaker 13: Hey from Clean Tear, I played the conversation for a friend of mine from episode tree Fitty about Scary's room being painted. This friend of mine is a licensed handyman. He agrees with Brody Scary and you got scammed the super and the handyman said whatever they needed to to get that three hundred dollars out of you and grabbed whatever paint they had lying.
Speaker 14: Around down steps.
Speaker 13: You know what paint they used on your room, Scary, It's probably the same paint that they used on the bridge. They're gonna try to sell you in a couple of weeks. Come on, man, those lions, ball, sack, mushroom, whatever the fuck shit you were talking about a few months ago doesn't seem to be working anymore because your brain cells aren't brain selling.
Speaker 1: YouTube. Jamie, I thought you were my friend. I told you.
Speaker 8: From n C. I was just calling.
Speaker 16: Katie from n C. I was just calling to comment on Cury's white on white on white bedroom. I'm an interior designer, and that sounds like a horrible idea just for the like lack of neutrals. And I also would not qualify white as a earth tone. I would qualify that as a neutral. So sorry, scary, you're wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it still looks great. Wait until the room is finished. I'm gonna take a picture and post it. Yeah, decorated again.
Speaker 16: While I would paint a bedroom white, I would also have some contrasts in there, like Barady was saying, with some like neutrals of some sort going with it, or warmped to like warm it up so it didn't look.
Speaker 14: Like an insane asylum.
Speaker 17: And then I.
Speaker 8: Also like the big shell color.
Speaker 16: Are you sure you're not meaning the likechine, wasn't eggshell because that's definitely achine rather than a color that.
Speaker 3: It was a winter white. It was a winter white. It was not eggs eggshell, is the sine?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: It was flat. It was flat which white. She knows what she's talking about. Yes, eggs shell is right, it's yeah, it's got extra shine to it. It's a texture texture, right, sorry, the color it has, it has grooves in it has like a text, right right right.
Speaker 1: It was not eggs shell. It was not. I thought they were going to give you the eggs shell. They did not.
Speaker 4: I always paint my kitchen an eggs shell. It's also more water resistant. It's good for bathrooms.
Speaker 24: Reggie here, I'm a fashion expert. I used to work as an interior designer. No, white is a non earth tone. The only type of white that would be considered an earth tone would be like cream or beige, kind of like the color of discharge.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, you're disgusted. I did not expect that.
Speaker 24: Reggie here, I'm about full of MJ from NJ. Because I don't know if that went through what I said was And you may be hearing this for us second time.
Speaker 1: Okay, I used to work as an interior We'll skip that one. Keep going.
Speaker 24: Skyler from New Jersey. Reggie has never worked as an interior designer. That's why she googled that.
Speaker 1: That's how she.
Speaker 8: Found that out.
Speaker 24: And she left that twice in a row. She's leaving that nonsense twice, so I don't even pay her. Reggie here, Brody.
Speaker 20: Is right, is right.
Speaker 14: He's totally right.
Speaker 24: The last time I had to sleep in a mental institute, the wolves were very white. They were blinding white.
Speaker 17: Reggie here, Brody.
Speaker 25: Is right, is right, It's totally right.
Speaker 24: The last time I had to sleep and mental wolves were very white. They were blinding white.
Speaker 1: Third time for.
Speaker 24: Her, Skyler from New Jersey.
Speaker 8: That sports problem true about Reggie.
Speaker 24: That's that's likely accurate.
Speaker 1: She's having a conversation with herself on the talk pack. She's not.
Speaker 4: Skylar is commenting on Reggie. Sure, I'm surprised Skyler.
Speaker 8: That's probably accurate.
Speaker 13: That's probably true.
Speaker 1: We've gone off the deep end here.
Speaker 24: Brody, please put up an Instagram story and send it to Scary. That says bye, Brody, Portray advise now vegetables.
Speaker 23: Hey guys.
Speaker 26: Sean from Watching State.
Speaker 14: Hey, I don't know what you did, Brody about checking on, but I kind of figured you might do something like that.
Speaker 23: But you were definitely louder when you said you were turning it up, not knowing if you got close to the mic or whatever. No, but we did definitely hear a difference of it being louder, and then when you said back to normal, it went about the same level as Scary's voice.
Speaker 16: But he is right.
Speaker 14: You are wrong on this.
Speaker 3: I can't be wrong. I didn't touch the volume, therefore you're wrong. I can't be wrong.
Speaker 24: Okay, slices, it's not too much. He asked each of us for a quarter or a dime. Let each got a dollar, so that in the future.
Speaker 13: We've also covered any parking tickets. Brody receives, let's.
Speaker 1: Do this, Okay, I got a dollar. She's she's very serious about this.
Speaker 26: Hey priclemoys, Jamie from Queens again.
Speaker 13: That guy Brody was talking about who was volunteering and was being a dick directing traffic sounds like the type of guy who like offers to fix something at his neighbor's house and then finds out his neighbor isn't going to pay him, so then he does a half assed job and his reasoning is, well, if they're not gonna pay me for it, what do I need to do a good job for. There's no incentive to do a good job.
Speaker 8: What's up booking boys?
Speaker 1: Does it helped us?
Speaker 26: Name Jane?
Speaker 27: I'm not sure by those songs when you guys come back from commercials, that's too long to allow you know something that's five seconds?
Speaker 1: Thank you off? This is my first callback. I guess yeah, it went really well. Brody's already yelling at you ten seconds in. I think they would play those back in January, didn't we. I appreciated your talkback.
Speaker 28: Hey b boys, Christ even saddlebook scary. I was with you all the way on your white walls being totally okay, nothing wrong with that, until I heard you had white furniture.
Speaker 8: Where's your pop? Where's your color? You need to do something about that is blue?
Speaker 28: And I bet you if you asked chat GPT your favorite buddy if white was an earth tone, I think it would say.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I see, But it's winter white. So if that's a more bage, then it is an earth tone. It's not flat, it's not regular, it's not straight up white white.
Speaker 1: You know what. That's a great idea. Hold on a second, what are you doing? You gonna ask chat GPT for us?
Speaker 3: If I paint my bedroom white, should I make all of the furniture white as well?
Speaker 1: Question mark? Okay, you get back to me on that.
Speaker 3: Painting your bedroom white gives you a clean, bright bass. But if everything is white wall, bed dresser, nightstands, et cetera, the room can feel sterile, like a hospital or a mental institution.
Speaker 1: The trick is to balance it out.
Speaker 4: Contrast with dark wood, black navy, a gray furniture will pop against white walls and give the room depth.
Speaker 1: Soft natural beige tannel.
Speaker 4: Light gray furniture keeps the room calm but as warm so it doesn't feel too hot too stark. Making white furniture in a white room is fucking stupid.
Speaker 1: Thank you, chat Gypt. Yeah, I'm sure that it said that. That last line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's cheap beat Jack Brody.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is cute from all over the map. I'm not a color professional, but earth tones are not white. Earth tone is actually green, brown, beige, orange, like a smokyish red. White is a neutral color alongside gray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, love you, that's why.
Speaker 4: That's why I love you the same way you love me since the affair Showy and Brodie.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see what this person has to say. This is a YEP commenting on the last episode three fifty the volunteer douchebag Benny.
Speaker 7: From Brooklyn here aka Benny the Guinea. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 6: As a contract though, what you're doing, Iscario is pretty tip right now.
Speaker 7: It's very trendy. It's drenching is another thing that's trendy.
Speaker 6: Everything in the same color, walls, molding, ceiling, which I think is fucking ridiculously stupid, but.
Speaker 7: You can go with it. Especially I have a lot of clients going in the same way.
Speaker 6: Light floors, white walls, white ceiling, white moldings.
Speaker 7: It's white much, but.
Speaker 6: You accentuated with the furniture or bedding and stuff like that works out beautiful. You're doing the right thing, and you're absolutely right. It opens up a room. Lighter colors make small rooms feel bigger. And as far as price, three hundred for a room is pretty spot on to where it should be.
Speaker 7: That's pretty pretty much the going rate for painting a room. Ye in the Jersey. All right, sorry, Brodie, you got no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Then you understand something got off for you today. Scary scary. Help me out here with Vinnie.
Speaker 4: He calls up. He says, I'm a contract. Everybody's doing it. I think it's fucking stupid. And then he tells me I'm wrong. He agreed with me. And also he said, you accent it with different color furniture. Did he missed the part where your furniture is also white? The bed, the bed has some has some nice uh oak and.
Speaker 1: Oak wood color to it. You said it was white. It's scary white.
Speaker 3: It's white, but it has it has it has wood. You said the handles were gold. The handles were gold on the on the furniture. On the furniture, the bed is white with some you have to.
Speaker 1: You have to be there.
Speaker 3: Sorry, taste of European.
Speaker 6: Work ethic in Europe, and this goes for most of Europe, not all, but most, including.
Speaker 7: Italy where I'm from. Uh, when work is over, work is over. They don't give a shit.
Speaker 6: It's not like over here where your manager is gonna get in your face or get you know, write you up because you didn't serve a customer.
Speaker 7: They're gonna be pissed if you actually did serve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's referring to the fact that that they were closed and I was trying to Yeah, you don't get closed.
Speaker 1: They're trying to five minutes before closing. Yeah. Yeah, I was trying to try and close, but but I had to close in my americanize them.
Speaker 3: Technically, I had already shopped for those clothing, that clothing, so I was in my hand, it was ready to make the purchase. You need to see if it was gonna again. You wanted to go into the fitting room and try everything. All I wanted to see if I can complete the transaction. That's part of completing the transaction. Just saying but you were not able to be. You didn't get there early enough.
Speaker 21: The math?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 5: I don't want to say going into any establishment five minutes before closing it's such a dick move. I don't care what they said to you. They need to go home. They've been working all day. Who knows, they probably got kids to take care of, and you're just over here bitching and complaining.
Speaker 8: That's not a cool move, man, that's really fun.
Speaker 1: It was five minutes before the hour and they closed it.
Speaker 5: In fucking Brody and Brody, I love you, but ain't nobody gonna give you ten cents for your fucking parking issue?
Speaker 23: All right?
Speaker 14: Stop being a cheap bastard. If you are on vacation.
Speaker 5: Twenty four to seven and you can afford to go to a fucking comedy show, whatever the fuck you went to, then you can afford those extra fifty dollars, So stop bitching.
Speaker 14: Bro God, where's that Jingo?
Speaker 26: Who's a cheap bastard?
Speaker 1: Brody's a cheap bastard. Okay, let let me address something.
Speaker 3: But she's continuing on her next one. But kad, don't hear the rest of it.
Speaker 1: If I scraped together a little bit of money for one event a year, the way it seems my life going to go to a show.
Speaker 4: That doesn't mean I have another fifty two dollars to spend on nothing and just throw fifty two dollars around. Now, don't you don't think my conversation was worth ten cents? Okay, I'll have to come up with a better conversation. I thought it was worth at least ten cents. But that's being said skier, And I going to tell you a story about someone we know who asked for a little bit of money and did a lot more volume than my parking ticket request. That's not me being cheap. That was saying, oh, maybe a nice investment, but for a fun story that worth ten cents.
Speaker 3: That's a teaser, and that's coming up on the next episode of Brooklyn Boys. When you hear this bullshitte fifty one, Ken's are going to explode.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll leave it there.
Speaker 5: Lastly, this is for scary again. Cue again. By the way, I love you, bro, But why don't you want to get married?
Speaker 8: I mean, I have my reasons, and honestly.
Speaker 5: I'm considering changing my mind and I think I might get married to my man and me and my partner have been together for ten years and we haven't gotten married because of me. Honestly, he wants to get married, but I don't because I have commitment issues. But after ten years, you know, I love the guy and I want to show him that I'm one hundred percent committed.
Speaker 14: What's your reason?
Speaker 1: And I feel the same way.
Speaker 3: My reason is I don't believe in marriage if you don't want kids and I don't want kids.
Speaker 1: She doesn't want kids.
Speaker 3: Well, that conversation is graversations. Well no, but I feel that there's no point in it unless unless you're gonna have kids, and then you can think about getting married.
Speaker 1: Then you get married first.
Speaker 4: First of all, Q from all over the map, you have commitment issues, but you're with him for ten years. It sounds like you have legally binding issues, not commitment issues. I think you have a fear of the binding part of it, making it seem more permanent, but you obviously have a diminished commitment issues after ten years. I like that you're open to it. I like that you think about it. Whatever works out best for you guys is great. But I like that your mind is open and whatever makes the two of you happy long term I'm happy you found somebody you're that comfortable with.
Speaker 1: God bless Yeah, and for me.
Speaker 3: Also, I don't like the odds over more than fifty percent of marriages and in divorce, so I don't like the stats on that.
Speaker 7: Brodie.
Speaker 4: Also, have anyone sign a prenup because he's loaded?
Speaker 7: Brodie?
Speaker 6: I agree with you one hundred percent on the fucking shop right air conditioners, The one by me has everything.
Speaker 7: I mean, they even fucking sell gazebos.
Speaker 6: It's like, who goes in there and you know, gazebos and patio frinshit the fucking weirdest shit in the world. It's like, I don't get it. It doesn't make any sense, Like who does buy it? I've never seen somebody walk out with an airt conditioner or a gazebo or a fucking a sofa from a shop right.
Speaker 7: We had a shit ever, but people must do it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, I won Vinnie back at the end. Thank you. Now, why can't you call.
Speaker 4: Back and like, hey, it's Vinny from Brooklyn. Here is what I apologize for a green with Brody scary.
Speaker 21: You are so wrong.
Speaker 25: If it was five o'clock, five minutes of you should have already been.
Speaker 26: In the dressing room. If they close out a certain time, they close out a certain time.
Speaker 25: They're not going to stay open for you. They probably wouldn't have gotten out of there then until five or ten after because you had to try on your clothes.
Speaker 17: Now, that's wrong.
Speaker 1: There were twenty other people in the store. I was one if twenty.
Speaker 25: Other is wrong, Hey, Scary and Brody, It's Teresa from Vero Beach, Florida. I think a white bedroom set with white walls would look very nice, as long as your rug and your curtains aren't white, you know, as long as to have a nice color in there, maybe some beige, some blue, something to offset the white.
Speaker 3: Okay, blind Well I don't have curtains, but the blinds are blue.
Speaker 1: The blinds are blue.
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are those are the ones that want vales put up?
Speaker 14: That is?
Speaker 1: Those are the ones? Oh, very nice?
Speaker 27: Held them up from my jersey here again, I'm still on episode three forty six. Yeah, no, rejoin song, skuys. Those are way too long as a guy, you know, four seconds maybe, thank you.
Speaker 1: Four seconds, Brody, you hear the man, not a second over.
Speaker 29: I would pay ten cents. I would pay twenty five cents. I would pay fifty two dollars because Brody is the man of the people. His stories are entertaining, his jokes are entertaining, and whatever Brody needs, I think the slices should provide and scary. Sorry, but white is not an earth tone. Maybe if you mixed white with something.
Speaker 26: Else it would be an earth tone.
Speaker 29: But brown other than that not.
Speaker 1: On earth tone.
Speaker 29: Got scammed once again.
Speaker 1: White with a discharge is an earth Thanks white.
Speaker 29: The only thing that's the only thing that's insane and HiT's different for me is the fact that Brody is a Met fan that I cannot forgive.
Speaker 1: My whole life.
Speaker 29: I cannot be a Met fan. It's the Yankees all the way, and I just that's my only issue with Brody. I think is amazing, but cannot stomach the Mets. Sorry, so you want to talk about in saying, there you go, Steven Mets.
Speaker 1: Nickname is County.
Speaker 4: We had a new one, Steven, Come on, nobody's perfect. I'm sorry you're Yankees fan.
Speaker 30: This is Chris from the Bronx.
Speaker 26: I just want to say, they know scary.
Speaker 21: Like men behind him.
Speaker 10: I wasn't aware of that. I mean, no, you know, not that there's anything wrong with that. No, I love you guys, Slice.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Chris Nice.
Speaker 14: It's always Brody is scary, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I like the fact that we have two new talkbackers in a row there. Yeah.
Speaker 31: Hey guys, Sean from Washington State, Hey, scary, you're wrong about that one man, This guy doesn't even know Brody calling him a cheater, then talking about stuff that happened earlier in the night that he didn't question at that time. Yeah, he's just being a sore loser about it. I don't think Brody should have given him a break on that one. It's just that's the principle of a thing. Calling a guy that you don't even know what cheer, that's messed up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't get to call someone a cheater and a man no hard feelings. No, No, that's like when you go enough or nothing but your wife is ugly. That's no offense. But you you got your ugly face. You don't get to say that. Once you say something offensive, then whatever else you say is not like, Hey, no heart feeling, no offense, you know, no offense.
Speaker 30: Live scary hate the oven living said the wrong one.
Speaker 32: Uh so the beginning of your podcast, you guys were super funny.
Speaker 30: About the uh heat of pizza. That is funny. I got so much to talk about about pizza. That was hilarious. Uh three seventy five, that was funny. You cooked at three five. That's good. That's good.
Speaker 1: I like it. It's true. I feel like three fifty is the is the ultimate? No like three seventy five. Three seventy five?
Speaker 3: Man, Okay, well what if we split the difference three sixty two and a half.
Speaker 1: Ooh, how about that?
Speaker 30: Leaning from Ohio so scary. The laboupas are actually demonic.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 32: Witchcraft crazy. I heard heard something going on with them, and it's I heard them.
Speaker 1: Off of YouTube.
Speaker 30: So they're like a little dam and dingy. Yeah, look it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked about them on the Big Show that that the Luo boos are demonic.
Speaker 1: We did talk about.
Speaker 3: This, Okay, But Liam, everything you've ever mentioned, that we've ever mentioned is demonic. The world is not that demonic. Have you seen a little boo boo up close? Stare it straight in the eyes, staring in the eyes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, just a doll from my eye.
Speaker 30: So our house, farm house in the mid.
Speaker 32: Plaster and we had it fixed, the walls, fixed, the ceilings. I'm telling you, you think that little white wall is a problem.
Speaker 30: Back then it was lead paint. Yeah, so right there at.
Speaker 3: You, Yeah, lead paint right because yeah, we we don't. We don't use old school paint anymore. It's all gone.
Speaker 1: Paint did have lead in it, Ah, the fifties.
Speaker 30: Name, we get it.
Speaker 32: So lead paint and housing was new behavior until the garment says, nope, because the kid licked it.
Speaker 30: No, it's bullshit.
Speaker 32: It's because of towers frequencies, and they want to reach your house, and they wanted to reach your room, all your trons in.
Speaker 30: Your house now reading your room. And you wonder why you wonder why?
Speaker 1: Well, you know you know that that lead paint makes you do crazy things. Brodie, you can beam.
Speaker 4: They used to put asbestos in the walls until they learned that it was bad. He used to encourage people, doctors used to encourage people to smoke until I learned it was bad.
Speaker 1: There's no there's no story behind it.
Speaker 32: Okay, Liam, Again with those little stupid fact round vacuums, They actually the people caught the vacuum actually take a pictures and in their bathroom were getting changed.
Speaker 30: So, like I said, the government is doing all.
Speaker 1: Is stop and.
Speaker 32: Lilliam, stop before you saying all this garbage bullshit, William, I actually did Kirby sales.
Speaker 30: I actually sold vacuums.
Speaker 1: There's no hold on that government. Wait, hold on, who in the government is making rumbas? I'm confused.
Speaker 3: Oh are they saying that that my rumba has uh has has uh?
Speaker 1: Is the government watching me? Is big brother watching through the through the rumba.
Speaker 4: I've said this before and I think Liam's being funny, in which case hilarious.
Speaker 1: It is funny. There's no such thing as the government.
Speaker 4: There's a bunch of human beings that go to work, that get elected, and every two years we replace most of them. There's not some one hundred generation government does not stop. Stop demonic rumbas. Come on, demonics. Yes, I'm with him on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what if I was taking pictures of you?
Speaker 33: Okay, Brody, what's that boys?
Speaker 34: It's Erica from Baltimore, Florida. I just wanted to give a shout and say that I do love me some Carla Marie. So I saw her Instagram story before I heard this podcast, and I did send the bride a drink.
Speaker 21: For her bachelorette.
Speaker 33: So I don't think that's scary.
Speaker 34: You know, I was doing anything extra bougie, although one hundred dollars is a lot. But Brodie could have sent her a drink.
Speaker 1: What yes, what if you heard her? What f you didn't send her a drink?
Speaker 4: Brokay, we are going to talk about this on the Brooklyn Boys. Your head's going to explode, okay.
Speaker 32: Bo Lani can so. Foreign clothing is smaller nations. They're designed for smaller people.
Speaker 23: Oh so.
Speaker 32: It is okay to check the clothing when you get in because I dealt with a lot of foreign clothing.
Speaker 30: Yeah, and it's like right foreign as hell.
Speaker 3: Man's gotta try on his I gotta try those jeans on. You know I heard that when you take farm clothing off, you're naked.
Speaker 1: How fucked up is that?
Speaker 12: It's the Boy Podcast?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Uh, we still have a lot of these. Wow, you guys had a lot to say this week.
Speaker 1: I'm impressed.
Speaker 17: Hey for clemoys.
Speaker 13: Jamie from Queen's an Oh scary?
Speaker 33: Did you get a new clone?
Speaker 13: I smell it through the phone hand. It smells like, oh, de hypocrite because you said to Brody, why should others pay for his sad sack situation when you're the guy forking over money to total strangers when they give you a SOB story, so you can give it to total strangers on the street with a SOB story. But Brody can't ask in Jess precises to help pay for his parking ticket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in jest, thank you, Okay, if you want to point it out as long as in maybe if I had a parking ticket that I needed to get a train ticket to Trent and instead giving me the money, maybe that hey.
Speaker 13: Prickle boints me again, Prodie, I know the perfect way for you to get money out of Scary for your parking ticket. Disguise yourself, go up to him and while he's in Manhattan and tell him the.
Speaker 26: Top story about.
Speaker 16: My phone got towed and my car died and their muffballs and malalet and I need to get home in New Jersey.
Speaker 13: And he'll fork it right over. But make sure you're wearing a suit, because the story is so much more believable if you're wearing a suit coining the scary Yeah you hear that.
Speaker 4: By the way, if I told Scary my phone got towed. I don't think you'd believe it, but I understand your point.
Speaker 8: Hey, Christy again, I have to come clain.
Speaker 35: We did burchase an air conditioner at Shop Right last year July. Our air conditioner our Edgirim air conditioner died our vegiment, a sizeable postage stamp. I had a dogs that are coming to stay with the dogs, so I just ran to Shop Right. Nine dollars picked it up and it's been going strong ever since. It's continuing, Christy again, So the air conditioner is really great.
Speaker 8: Will it last forever? Probably not.
Speaker 35: I did purchase our living room air conditioner at Reno's Appliances.
Speaker 8: Didn't mess around with that one. What's a bedroom, one small bed room. It's great. Really sorry Brody, but at least I'm honest.
Speaker 1: Did you get again? Thank you, Christy from saddle Brook.
Speaker 4: Now listen, Christy, you're the reason they're stacking them at six seven high. It's Shop Right because one person bought it. I mean, look, you had to air condition the dog.
Speaker 1: I get it. It was an emergency. I have to say it's an emergency purchase.
Speaker 3: An emergency purchase, you go to Shop Right and you buy the air conditioner, you finish out the season.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, all right, Brody.
Speaker 36: Brody is scary, never scary, and Brody is roll from stay well scary.
Speaker 7: Brodie's right.
Speaker 36: You should have never told that storyor man, it made you and Ribin seem like such entitled spoiled brats. Yeah, like, who the hell are you to tell the story? I want to stay an extra few minutes. Closing time is closing time. If it's a tiny little mom and pop shop, Yeah, they don't mind you stay a little extra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know something, You don't do that to the customer.
Speaker 3: I'm sure if corporate found out about that, If corporate found out about that, they would abs fuck lutely have lost their shit and reprimanded those employees.
Speaker 1: You don't do that, Corporate Italy or Corporate England. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: We were already in the store, We were already three quarters of the way through the purchase.
Speaker 1: We had it in our hands.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you want to make follow through and want me to complete that transaction? And the only way that's gonna happen is if I get to try it on. It wasn't gonna take long. We had each had two or three items, that's it. It may have been the clothing throwing go on.
Speaker 1: Well, you know she was exasperated.
Speaker 36: But like you'll go to like a Walmart or Target and be like, I'm staying past closing time. They'd be like, no, get the fuck out. Closing time is closing time. It was a mom and pop shop, that's different. They'll stay a little later. Restaurants, you know, they'll stay a little later. But flagship retail stores, closing time is closing time. Like, who are you?
Speaker 1: We were already in Like we were already I know.
Speaker 36: I can hear you now saying, oh, but I've been able to stay later. Yeah, you're like, oh, I've been able to stay longer. And there's stores before it's never been an issue. Well, guess what, because you're scary Jones. You go to Dublin. You ain't Scary Jones out there. It's just Anthony. I don't give a fuck about you. Whatever purchase you're making ain't gonna make or break them, especially if they're a flagship store.
Speaker 1: It's not about that.
Speaker 36: It's about the And then you guys rapping through the clothes like you guys seem like big spoiled brats.
Speaker 3: It's about the courtesy that you pay for all the customers. By the way, it doesn't ma matter Anthony or Scary Jones. This is not about that. It's not about who I am or who I'm not. And it doesn't matter where you are in the universe. It doesn't matter if I'm in if I'm in New Jersey or if I'm in New Guinea.
Speaker 1: I am a new Guinea. I'm a Guinea. I have an old Guinea. But anyway, the point, the point is this is it's a larger point.
Speaker 3: The part and that is that the customer is You're supposed to be there for your customers and you have an image as a store, as a brand to not let people down.
Speaker 1: Do you think Apple would have done that? Do you think Apple?
Speaker 3: Do you think Disney would have done that? Okay, think about a think about it. If you're in the Apple store.
Speaker 4: If you're in the Apple store and they were closing in five minutes and you asked to try on the laptops, they would.
Speaker 1: Kick my ass.
Speaker 3: But if I'm in the middle of a demo or something, or I want to buy this computer. Because there were certain brands out there that respect the customer you know, because you're used to being treated like shit and the bar is lower doesn't mean that that's the right path for any company.
Speaker 1: It is completely equal. Yeah, disrespectful for you to say, you know who, whatdn't you know what?
Speaker 3: We weren't gonna be that we were not gonna be there, But we were not even gonna be there much past closing.
Speaker 1: The people were online.
Speaker 3: Let me say that people were still checking out at the register. There were twenty people in the store, so they weren't going to get out of there until maybe five ten minutes past. Anyway, I could have tried that stuff on and gotten right onto the back of the line. But instead they wasted my time because I went shopping for this these clothes that they should have told me in the very beginning, don't even bother shopping right now because you're not gonna be able to try anything on.
Speaker 1: They should have told.
Speaker 3: Me that out of quarter. They should have told me that it is seven forty five. They should have told me that at seven forty five, and they didn't. They didn't. They allowed me. They allowed me to waste my time, go through the racks, pick the clothes up.
Speaker 4: And see what's what, and have it in my hand, and and so the average person doesn't try on clothing. They probably have figured you knew what time they were closing, and you knew not to.
Speaker 3: Trygency emergency the conditioner.
Speaker 1: They did not know you were buying emergency clothing. I told him I was. I told him I was.
Speaker 3: I pleaded my case to the woman standing there, and I said, look, we just got the last minute. As soon as we went we walked in and I said, look, I know you guys are closing in fifteen minutes. We just got off a plane from Sicily where we were supposed to land in New York, and we didn't expect this fifty degree doublin weather.
Speaker 1: We just need some clothing to.
Speaker 3: Throw on, and any any respectable brand like an Apple. The dead Horse said, I'm just saying, will I love you, buddy, but you're wrong on this.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what you know.
Speaker 4: You know who you know who wouldn't have done that in a retail. Tell those people. David Brody man with the people.
Speaker 37: Yeah, okay, Brody and Scary Scary and brodyspern Atlana. Catching the latest episode, Brody talking about the guy having his shorts on backwards. There are a couple brands out there, especially soccer shorts, that put their label on the backside because on the soccer field, a lot of teams will put the player's number on the front side where a logo would traditionally go. But just thought i'd throw that out there.
Speaker 26: Keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, but I did mention you could see the strings in the back.
Speaker 12: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 38: It's old cown more truck here one more time, Yes, Siree Barbary. Now, you know, Brody, concerning old mister prick Jones over there, the volunteer, you know, I think it's a big possibility.
Speaker 30: That the guy didn't volunteer on his own.
Speaker 20: He was probably volunteerd to volunteer, and that's why he's got such an attitude. But you know, you know, I got to thinking, Brody. You know, you're always getting into these pickleball fights, you know, and now that you got a new person to fight with, the old resting bitch face number two, when you were in there squabbling with her, uh before you went in there, and were you able to find a good handicap spot in front of the pickleball feld and if you didn't, maybe that's the underlying cause while you're always having these pickleball fights, boy, you need to chill out, buddy, relax.
Speaker 1: You heard the man. I'll work on that.
Speaker 33: Ibracam boys, I'm hoping you're having a great weekend. I'm listening to fifty and Scary.
Speaker 1: I talked over her. We will be.
Speaker 3: Kinder next time you got a trigger figure fingers down, slow down, We still about eighty talk backs to go. There is no slowing down.
Speaker 33: Ibercom Boys is Maryland from Omaha, Hoping you're having a great weekend. I'm listening to episode three point fifty and scary. Closing is no, it doesn't mean just not new because it clearly never worked in retail. And I did that, okay, then yelled at and clean up the messages of our entitled customers all day. No, we are closing. And further, in what fantasy world can you take off your clothes try on another in five minutes?
Speaker 1: Okay? Seven? Okay.
Speaker 3: So if that's the case, then they should have shut the door at seven forty five, and they shouldn't have let us in to begin with, and they should have let everybody in the in the everybody inside the store at the time complete their transactions.
Speaker 4: But I had time to complete your transaction. You didn't have time to shop the twenty minutes and then got it it was ten minutes. Don't change the story. Don't change the play on me. It was worked in retail. You didn't get out. You know a lot of people go in there to shop the last minute.
Speaker 18: Oh gosh, episode three fifty m Jason and j I didn't finish.
Speaker 17: I'm in the beginning with the paint thing. It's scary.
Speaker 18: Yes, Brody is right, absolutely correct.
Speaker 17: However, three hundred dollars is very cheap.
Speaker 18: It's about a thousand dollars.
Speaker 17: Per une to have somebody whole rooms if you don't mind white on white.
Speaker 18: No of kudos to you.
Speaker 17: But Brody was right.
Speaker 39: ABORI is scarius deals from Iowa. I'm late listen a slice time, but yes, scarious. Right, food in America is much worse for you, just the stuff that we're allowed to put in.
Speaker 7: It's not all preference. Some might be preference, but most of it.
Speaker 39: You can just google it and it will tell you that, like you've McDonald's around them around the world, they have to change their ingredients to comply with local food laws and regulations. And it's like that with a lot of things in America they can just throw and things that aren't supposed to be. Hey, I'm commenting on the volume of your mic, Brody. I did not notice it and get any louder or quieter, but it did seem like you maybe got a little closer and further away to fuck with them, which he ain't lying. You hadn't changed the volume, But now I think I think it sounds Hey, verty scary. Don't find on video you can see me. I will agree with the old boy it said it's hard to hear in the truck. So yeah, if you guys can max out your volume, we wouldn't have to have our radios up so loud because I even got my window cracked. I can barely hear it, and I've got to max on on my phone in on the truck. So it is one of the quieter podcasts. Were complaining. Just, uh, that would be cool if it could be louder.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna have to.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that series of seventeen point nine billion dollars. I'm want to give this one a little juice, little extra, little extra extra gain this.
Speaker 18: Hey broken boys and jam j Yes, I bought an air conditioner from a shop right of course.
Speaker 17: Two years ago. I had a move and I wasn't able.
Speaker 18: I wasn't allowed to get things delivered to the new play check. I wasn't officially there for long stort.
Speaker 14: So I did go to shop.
Speaker 17: It was like eighty nine dollars and ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I bought it from shop right, the Best Flying It don't.
Speaker 1: Work, Richard Brodie, she can't hear the letter finish. You're talking to a recording Brodie, do you realize what you're doing? That's I said.
Speaker 4: She I said she could have gone the best playing got She's got, She's got.
Speaker 18: Sorry, David Brody, that's the sad story about the super talking. What if you write a letter? Maybe cool of corporate. It's not your fault.
Speaker 17: That the comedian king later. I don't know.
Speaker 18: Maybe they could do something. Yes, the stories are worth money, but I'm not going to Venmo nothing.
Speaker 17: Sorry, I'm broke myself and it's so scary.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 18: It is a one time thing. I don't blame him for rough venmoing.
Speaker 17: Call him arrange all right by guys, you.
Speaker 3: Get got good, got to gool from her, got to be like I think you absolutely, I'm not sending it.
Speaker 1: I'm not selling you ship boys.
Speaker 40: Boy, Brodie Marry you sure received the package from me last Friday.
Speaker 38: I got it.
Speaker 40: I shipped it out on Wednesday, so I'm sure you probably got on Thursday.
Speaker 1: What did you get?
Speaker 40: You guys can talk about it on the podcast, so I'm sure you did the podcast before you received it, and you're probably talking about it now on Slafetime. And uh, Brodie yo, even though I'm not working, you can set that goal for me. I can't contribute to it, all right, love you guys.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, all right, right, Asian Mike, your package arrived today. We got free ship for us coming up on the Brooklyn Boys podcast later in the week. Brodo, I'm gonna surprise you.
Speaker 1: But I didn't mention it to me. I couldn't, I couldn't resist.
Speaker 3: I already I already ate one of the items. Sorry, Brody, but there's a lot to go. You'll oh, okay a.
Speaker 1: Lot boys telling me, yeah it was rejoins.
Speaker 27: They will skip the I think one of them for four seconds that an anthems. Good, I'm not not the actual product. Sorry, guys, try again, Oh maybe don't try again. Please stop it.
Speaker 4: Okay, you need to catch up. I haven't done anything since like what six months ago.
Speaker 1: Brody that was ship. He's right, but this is a work.
Speaker 3: Of art, all right. Hopefully we don't get spanked from iHeart. We took the the mandatory amount of commercial breaks, so yeah, how about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're a commercial break in the aren't talking? We had?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have to do that right now. Uh, okay, we have the final stretch. We got we got a few more of these. Let's bang these out.
Speaker 1: A lot this week. I mean, I love iHeart, but once we are shoving those commercials.
Speaker 3: Fourteen of them were Steve and Paul. It's a Stephen, Paul, Vinnie, Ni Vinnie and Paul. We we haven't heard from Rock and Steve oh.
Speaker 1: Here over there.
Speaker 21: From senior year.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well scary. It sounds like you that your room starts. It looks a whole lot like a KKKA. Might want to add a little color in there, if you don't mind. He is he saying that I have so much white as a KKK leaders. We're just gonna leave that right there.
Speaker 11: Brody is scary, scary and Brody Queen's sakes the sequel here, all right, So I typically let all your podcasts pile up a little bit, like two or three episodes, so I can just catch up nothin. Don't tweet me, but I'm just gonna throw a lot at you real quick here, like, for instance, Scary. I know you were a heated about the whole situation with the Czara and Doublin and whatnot, but I kind of sided with the workers and Broley because I used to be in retailing myself, and like, bro if I'm trying to get home at nine o'clock, I want to be home at nine o'clock, not nine five, Because I got it, you want to go ahead and spend next year so called five minutes to go throw on clothes. But then again, if the three four Zara and security is doing the sweet, now, imagine that's an extra fifteen minutes around everybody up and out of that supposed twenty minutes. Now you got like two other people online. I want to do the same thing you're doing. And I guarantee I know, even though you said that if it doesn't fit you you're gonna put it back and you know, join the line. But I have a strong feeling scary you'll go grab the other side real quickly and want to Plus, Scary is to Brody as Brody is with gas, because if Brody's literally coasting across the street just to save a couple of cents on gas, Scary would be at the brink of freezing to death. And he'll still tell Robin, no, babe, we can't go to the old Navy. I know there's a three floor Zara a pluck away.
Speaker 20: We can make it if we use our body heat.
Speaker 11: Plus, if you're you know, really that col and you want to buy a jacket and whatnot, and the story's about the clothes, don't you think you kind of just want to buy the clothing out of the necessity and not really care about how it looks at that point versus not getting nothing at all or just a jacket, Because if it was me, I really wouldn't care how the clothes looks as long as I'm warm.
Speaker 12: It's just something temporary.
Speaker 7: Real quick, you scary, Scary, that's.
Speaker 1: Not true, that's not true.
Speaker 3: And there was no Well they made eleven eleventeen points in there that were all good. No, no, I agree, check checking all the boxes. And I appreciate you and thank you for your feedback. We ended up eat buying a jacket because that's all we really listen to, bare necessities.
Speaker 1: At that point we got the jacket necessities.
Speaker 3: We tried it on as we were going towards the line to pay for it.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh is this for us or is this for Gandhi? No, this is don't play Gandhi before.
Speaker 12: This, and it's oh it's brilliance.
Speaker 1: This guy.
Speaker 12: I like you, but this is not the health and Human network.
Speaker 41: Please give all your ideas of how bad the food is to yourself. You can talk about your three hundred dollars bottle of peanut butter that you who like, go don't tell us what to eat.
Speaker 12: This has been thank you a public sits annoucement.
Speaker 3: I never do I never do I That's all I do is I share my opinion. You could take a lead anything that I'm saying.
Speaker 41: Hey, brook and busy behoefd list and it's always broadien scary.
Speaker 12: And this is why it's always broadiy and scary.
Speaker 1: Brody.
Speaker 41: I will give you a dollar for that Storry, put up your vandmo I will give you a dollar.
Speaker 12: Send it over right now, Thank you. Pay for the ticket.
Speaker 41: A book and Bussy BELEHOEFD list And it's always broadien, scary.
Speaker 1: Scary June.
Speaker 12: When when do you think we're listening to the episode?
Speaker 41: I listened to the episode when it drops, unless it drops past nine o'clock or ten o'clock at night. But I listened, you know, when it drops, and then I listen to a probably twice more.
Speaker 12: Come on, Scary Jones.
Speaker 41: We serial talkbackers have to listen so we can leave a talkback for the next episode.
Speaker 12: Of sly Side.
Speaker 41: Hello, Hello, A brook and Bussy behoefd list And it's always broad and scary, scared Johns. Let's do mass, all right, So the twenty girls calumnarly right now, let's just say each girl has like ten friends in Instagram are active all the time. Right, that's two hundred people. Right, Let's just say those two hundred people send Karl Marilee. Let's just say twenty dollars. Do the math, and you send her a hundred. If Carler Marie has less than like two thousand dollars out he broke a bunchet ball, and it's always Brodie and Scary final talk back. And this is why always it's one hundred percent Broadie and Scary Scary Jones. I know the building, I know you live, I know the people who work in the building. They have like twenty gallars of that white paint. I'm sorry they do. They also have a budget for painting, like when all tenants leave, when they need to repaint everything white for the new tenant.
Speaker 12: So you definitely got scamp. But hey, at least you pay for labor.
Speaker 1: Of course, I pay good money for labor.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I'm supposed to repaint your apartment every certain number.
Speaker 3: And you'll hear the Carlo Marii story coming up the next episode of the Brooken Boys podcast.
Speaker 1: Your head's going to explode.
Speaker 9: Brody, Scary Scary Brodie is out from Philly. I agree with Scary for the first time in a hot minute that that Tzara in Dublin, they were being total assholes. They absolutely should have let you try on your two little pants and made the sail and get out, especially if there was a.
Speaker 14: Long line and they were going to be that's correct.
Speaker 5: Staff in the store pass.
Speaker 1: She listened to what I had to say.
Speaker 9: Some boys, Alex from Philly again. My sister actually bought an air conditioner from a shop break. She had just moved in her house and it's literally a two minute walk away from a shopping center with a shop bright a five below, a ross, couple stories like that, you know, Home Deep Bot, No Low's, And in the middle of summer, she needed an air conditioner and it was just close and convenient. She does a drive and it was just easy slice for life.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 9: All right, okay, all right, Brody Billy again. When I had my Bathrot party, my friend wanted to do a little Venmo code by the bride a drink thing also, and I absolutely said no.
Speaker 8: I thought that was so tacky.
Speaker 9: I was so embarrassed. If I don't have money to go out and buy my own drink, I shouldn't be going out. I think it's very different if I'm out and somebody at the bar offered to buy me a.
Speaker 14: Drink because we were celebrating.
Speaker 9: But I wasn't going to put a Venmo code on Facebook or a car window.
Speaker 1: And that's respectable.
Speaker 4: Hold on, David, that's respectable when you hear the story, Your Mind's Gone.
Speaker 26: David Brody, King of the Callbacks on Fire with the Callbacks last episode and another Ai fel So, you mentioned the song a New Drug. So I asked Ai, what is the old drug that he's referring to in the song the new Drug? And they told me cigarettes. I don't think it's cigarettes. No, I thought it was alcohol, but cigarettes makes no sense.
Speaker 1: It doesn't know it's Yeah, it's probably alcohol.
Speaker 42: So Brody had me laughing at the clobex. The Last Life Time was the best with the nutrition argument. By the way, Brody is wrong. Brody is wrong. But that was just amazing how that turned into a Broken Boys episode and Daz too with the next Cell sound Next Help. And one more thing about the commercials, how it was like, we're going to do a commercial and then we didn't. But that happens to me sometimes a lot of times you go to Break and I don't get any commercials, And sometimes the length of the podcast episode actually changes, like they'll add ten minutes for commercials or drop five minutes, like I don't know.
Speaker 26: If you're losing sponsors there? Do you know what's going on with that? It's very weird with the commercials sometimes very simple.
Speaker 3: The podcast is the podcast, The content is the content. It is a fixed length, but if you see the time change, that is iHeart manipulating each commercial break. It's called dynamic insertion. I don't want to get too crazi or in the weeds, but they basically can put in and take out commercials at their leisure. As the days go by, You'll listen to this episode thirty days from now, and there'll be commercials.
Speaker 1: In there that are different.
Speaker 3: They'll be fewer, they'll be greater, depending on who bought what they say, what what they sold.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So so yeah, so you go back to episode fifty and listen to the commercial breaks in there, you're gonna find that there's there's comment commercial. You'll hear my whatever. You'll hear my, you'll hear my smart water commercial. It's for argument's sake. I know there was no commercials at fifty. If you go back to episode one sixty three, you'll hear my smart water commercial in there now because but that one wasn't recorded. Then they do this on a daily basis, on an hourly basis. Oh and by the way, depending on where you live, you're getting served different spots different commercials. So someone in North Carolina is hearing one commercial and then somebody in California is hearing something very is different. Because again it's that's how granular they can get. But we have nothing. The Brooklyn boys have nothing to do with any of that. It's all controlled by the man.
Speaker 4: So when we take a break, if they didn't sell any commercials that week, there might not be any in that court.
Speaker 1: Or commercials for your neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Maybe an advertiser didn't want to advertise to Pennsylvania. They only wanted advertised to Rhode Island.
Speaker 1: What's what's wrong with Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Well, then then then Pennsylvania is not getting those commercials.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: Everything is variable. But we don't know at any given time what's playing. When we go to commercial break, we have no clue. That's all dofinitely no McDonald's commercials. After people said McDonald's was shipped, Hey.
Speaker 1: God, what's going on?
Speaker 20: It's me again, you know, Brody, it's gonna have to be arenal for me to send you any money because it's your fault for being so cheap. You know, you say you're good with money, but in this case you were not good with money. The better value would have been for you to pay for three hours.
Speaker 1: That would have been enough buffer tamp to cover.
Speaker 20: Any issues that could have and did come.
Speaker 1: Up at this function. It's your fault, buddy, you were cheap.
Speaker 4: You heard the man, I'm not gonna throw away an hour's worth of parking.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's not my fault.
Speaker 4: They haven't got a parking garage old school where you just pay for how long you're there. They gave me a ticket as if I deliberately didn't pay my bill.
Speaker 20: But you know what, I do not consider sending you a nickel or a down for as if you know you laugh stream when you make all these phone calls trying to keep your free dessert for this parking debucle that you got going on. You know that might be that'll be cool, you know, listening to you argue with all these people and then hearing the how long they put you on hold, you know, and you're there h getting irritated ball And that'd probably be worth a nickel. Uh man.
Speaker 1: You know that's that.
Speaker 12: You know what, and maybe just maybe you might be able to make.
Speaker 20: It a ridder thing, you know, where you lapstream every time you take on one of these companies, you know, and then we can pay a little something to go under and see, you know, and like maybe this week Brody takes on the Post Office, you know, and then we can go on DraftKings not a sponsor by the way, you know, and bet on it. See how long how long is he gonna take Brody? And will Brody get his free dessert?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 20: Consider it, man, it might be a good money maker there for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, take him under advisement, please, I'm making notes, all right. He got the last three looks like they're from one person.
Speaker 43: Heyby boys, it's Ris Scott Brody. I would donate ten cents to your cause. Matter of fact, I would donate eighteen cents.
Speaker 13: The Jews will under you had that reference?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 43: Also, I listened to this episode a few days ago, so I kind of forgot what I wanted to say. But I know it had to do with pickleball and injuries. And I think there was an article that came out recently about how a lot of middle aged people are getting a lot of injuries from pickleball. But I want to say that a lot of my patients, my middle aged patients, were some older people too. They're all hurting themselves from pickleball. They're like rupturing their achilles and like doing shit to their knee. It's really bad. Also, Brody, I know you're young. You're not middle aged. I actually don't even know how old you are, but I feel like middle aged is a little bit older sounding, So I didn't want you to think I was lumping you into that category. I was just talking about the article and my patients who are older and hurting themselves. Brody, I know you're a young spring chicken.
Speaker 1: What is and what is considered middle aged at this point? Well, here's what I'll say.
Speaker 4: The term middle aged if it meant what it means what it sounds like, it means I've got I'm in the middle of life, meaning I have another third of my life coming, okay, or another half.
Speaker 1: I'll be fine with that. I'd like to think that I'm at the halfway point. What are the odds if I could live double what I am now, that'd be great. A boy can dream, brooking boys, All right, thank you for your feedback today.
Speaker 3: Everybody reactions
Speaker 1: This past depends on you.