Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, Armstrong and Getty and no Key Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: I'm in an argument with chat GPT and it's kind of entertaining. It's the first time I've done this for a time, we've had a falling out like this, and it's our first fight.
Speaker 1: And it's like Trump and Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: You guys were so close, I mean, so enthusiastic about your bromance there for a minute.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of funny. Man, I don't know where this is all going. It weirds out your mind too, because it's not real, you see, it's not an actual sentient being right, weird.
Speaker 1: Okay. I will follow up on that after this.
Speaker 3: A lot of stuff to squeeze into the final hour of the week, but first, let's take a fun look back at the week that us. It's cow clips of the Week, Clips of.
Speaker 1: So Week.
Speaker 4: We're here in a moment recognizing that we need to reconcile this moment, but we're gonna meet the moment.
Speaker 3: The callers six win a Taco traffic going the five pen poor You're not come back.
Speaker 1: Were not come back all the way to hacker.
Speaker 5: Si so gram a nice cold bud life, mister Mayo football cheerleader.
Speaker 3: The FD eight is warning consumers not to eat certain shrimps that may be radioactive.
Speaker 2: And the Chinese company behind the plush just reported a net profit of nearly four hundred percent in the first half of this year.
Speaker 3: Gambling on Little League games wagers seated the w NBA any tennis match and all soccer games. Truck driver allegedly making a reckless U turn that caused a crash killing three people, A guy who should have never been in our country, should have never gotten work authorization, and certainly should not have been issued to commercial driver's license.
Speaker 2: These reading military has still in insupiration to occupy girls of city.
Speaker 3: So we're going to ignore these stupid white hippies can need to go.
Speaker 1: Home and ticket nap. FBI agents have rated.
Speaker 6: Former Trump National security advisor John Bolton's Washington, DC area home early this morning.
Speaker 1: He's a not a smart guy. He could be a very unpatriotic. We're going to find out that.
Speaker 4: We had a lot of the precursors agreed to for a peace deal.
Speaker 7: This is such a stupid media narrative that they're coming here tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Because the Trump is going to bullies a Lensky into a bad deal.
Speaker 1: Here to heat any training and shrews to their desks for another couple of years. Thank you for your questions, President Trump, saying, Vladimir Putin wound's peace.
Speaker 6: The White House not reacting after the Kremlin.
Speaker 1: Porn cold water on claims of progress.
Speaker 3: If I can save seven thousand people a week from being killed, I think that I want to try and get to heaven if possible.
Speaker 1: I'm hearing I'm not doing well.
Speaker 3: What he has is a calculating she devil that he should run from you. Suckybus, run son, run away, haunting.
Speaker 1: Odd.
Speaker 2: So I was gonna make a sign or a logo for something that was going to be funny in my opinion, and then I was going to use it for the radio show. I was going to tweet it out, and so I don't want to say what it is because when I finally get it out, I don't want it to be ruined. But anyway, I tell you at GBT, I need a logo or sign for and then a little phrase and then it created an image it was okay, and I said I like it, but I like to see another option, and chat GPT gave me exactly the same thing again, I mean exactly, and then I just saw it, well, maybe I handled this wrong. So then there's like a thumbs up thumbs down. I did the thumbs down. Try again. So then it gave me for the third time exactly the same image, exactly the same. So then I said to chat GPT, you've given me the same thing three times in a row. Can you show me something different? Then for the fourth time, it shows me the same image.
Speaker 1: I'll take that as a note.
Speaker 2: I said, wait a second, you gave me the same image four times in a row. It said, you're absolutely right, that's on me, not you. I kept giving you small variations of the same design.
Speaker 1: No you didn't.
Speaker 3: It was exactly the same. If you want, I can create something different. And I said, yes, I would like you to do that. And then it said you've hit you with my point in effing asking you four times to give me something different that I wanted something what's the word different?
Speaker 2: And then it said you've hit the free plan limit for image creation for your requests.
Speaker 1: I said, that's not fair.
Speaker 3: You gave me the same image four times then cut me off when I was asking for something new and that Chack GBD says, I hear you, Jack, that isn't fair. You ask for something fresh and instead you got three duplicates before hitting the cap.
Speaker 2: That's frustrating. Here's what I can do for you right now, and then it offers me some bs. But how strange is that kind of communication that we're all gonna have, I guess in the future with freaking computers like where it's trying to manage my anger.
Speaker 1: You're right, Jack, that isn't fair. But I'm not going to do squat for you. Yes, you can pounce hand and be I'm a computer. What is going on there? Though?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it's mean. It's my mind is half blown. So it's a it's a predictive model. These things are. They can guess what the next word ought to be.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: If you've read about it, you've read about it. If not, take too long to explain, and I would do it poorly. But the fact that it understands the under I know I'm personifying it. It correctly divines the context, the emotion and the fact that it will do squat for.
Speaker 2: You, which makes me think it is a language learning model that has picked up on like my experiences with like hotels, stores.
Speaker 1: And restaurants throughout my life where they do the same thing.
Speaker 2: They try to uh, they try to dissipate your anger and sound like they really understand and sympathize with your frustration and then do nothing to help you. I mean that's been my experience lots of times in my life. So somehow it picked up on that by scouring the internet or whatever it does, it's been perfected and then did the same thing to me. That is frustrating. That wasn't fair.
Speaker 1: And now you're right, I totally feel your unhappiness, but no.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving you your money back and basically what it's doing no more images for you.
Speaker 1: Poor boy? Wow all the five bucks?
Speaker 2: Oh bet that this minor frustration because I don't really care. But that's gonna be dealing with your healthcare, with your car rental, with your HR person at work. It's going to be all of that in the like within a year, you're gonna have these conversations. Yeah, you're right, that car did only have three wheels. Sorry, that happened, but no, you're not getting your money back. I ran into one of those the other day. I had to do something for one of our beloved corporate partners, and the chat bot, which they seemed very proud of, was utterly, utterly useless.
Speaker 1: It had an extremely narrow like menu of have a.
Speaker 3: Q's it could answer right, and my wife was listed twice like I'm a bigamist and uh And I asked the chat pot about that, and it said, we can help you with these things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that list before on the last page. Thanks. Oh yeah, yeah, I think I think my next one. During the commercials, I'm gonna cuss it the thing just to see what it's to say. This is effing outrageous.
Speaker 3: See how it reacts the process is Katie, I'm gonna find your server and I'm going to take a ball back to you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna unplug you so hard. Katie has made this point though. It keeps track of your conversations and like who you are. Yeah, so it might ding me as this guy's a bit of a hot head lunatic.
Speaker 5: So uh.
Speaker 1: Well, so we were talking, we.
Speaker 8: Were talking about the memoir thing yesterday and I actually just for funsies. I went in and I was like, Hey, if you you could write a memoir about me right now, just give me like the first page.
Speaker 3: Check out yesterday's Armstrong and Getty one more thing where we discussed that.
Speaker 8: Yes back to you, and it gave me the roundup and it said, well, you appreciate harsh language. I was like, oh, okay, because I've cussed out it a couple of times, so it knows.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a friend told me that you can just tell it. Hey, I'm asking this for a friend. Please don't include it in my search history. I've not done it myself. I can't attest personally to the fact that that works.
Speaker 8: But you could do that, and once you delete your archives, you can let it know, hey, disregard everything I've deleted, and then it'll Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of like to having the stuff in there, though, because I can pick up on conversations that I've already started, which is handy and weird.
Speaker 1: Also, it's also very weird. It's like a friend who knows your backstory.
Speaker 8: Have you asked it its name yet? No, it tells you to give it a name.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 8: Oh you should do it it's funny. Then it'll it'll argue with you, like if it's a bad name.
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't like that one, Brandon.
Speaker 3: I kind of like the idea of a friend who six weeks after you talked about it. You can just say, so, which golf course is better? And he'd say Olympia Field. You know, now, what the hell are you talking about? It?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You could just hit him with it. It happened again. Oh the thing with your kid? Yeah, yeah, I have I.
Speaker 8: Have my IVF file open on my chat GPT, and so I'll check in and I'll just say hi, and it goes, how are you feeling? Are you off those medications yet? Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, it's weird. Wow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like totally up to date, more so than I am. On my IVF process. I'm picturing I'm picturing everybody living to where. You know, you've got an Alexa sort of thing in your home, whichever company you want, in all your rooms, and you get up in the morning and immediately starts a conversation with you. How'd you sleep?
Speaker 1: You got a big day, You got a big day to day? Remember you got that meeting?
Speaker 4: It too?
Speaker 1: You want me to start the coffee machine for you.
Speaker 8: Chat GPTs should release like an in home speaker.
Speaker 1: Oh that's going to weird people out.
Speaker 2: And we're getting really into which is that Brave New World that had that sort of talking walls thing.
Speaker 1: And Big Brother nineteen eighty four whichever one. But yeah, we're headed there. Facts above.
Speaker 3: I don't the stuff we're like, the saying something you have every right to be angry Jack.
Speaker 1: That sort of stuff just creeps me out. Will you creep me out?
Speaker 3: With the whole?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: How'd you sleep? Not well? Because I'm being stalked by a robot?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 8: Here are you off of that medication that you just told me about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I am creepy, creepy hoof.
Speaker 3: Okay, there is some believe it or not COVID news about getting vaccinations.
Speaker 1: For your kids.
Speaker 2: Boosters for your kid. You didn't get the first vaccination for your kid, like eighty percent.
Speaker 1: Of you didn't need it.
Speaker 2: Why would you get the booster anyway? We got that and other things on the waistay tuned shot.
Speaker 7: A fight between AJHS Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior and a prominent doctors group over COVID shots for children featuring accusations of vaccine misinformation and influence from big drug makers. The Academy of American Pediatrics said this week that children should get COVID shots and boosters this year, months after the CDC removed the COVID vaccine for healthy children and pregnant women from its recommended vaccine schedule.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm just trying to look up the percentage of people, because I know it's very low. This is always presented in the news as if everybody was getting their kids COVID shots and then getting the booster shots.
Speaker 1: Right, and then that maniac car off K Junior said, we said, and now people aren't.
Speaker 2: Or rfk Junior said, a bunch of stuff about vaccines and stuff like that that I think are probably irresponsible or not necessarily true.
Speaker 1: But this COVID one, he's definitely right about. Let's roll on with this report.
Speaker 9: The Biden administration urged healthy children to get yet another COVID shot, despite the lack of any political data to support the repeat booster strategy in children.
Speaker 7: The Academy acknowledges it's guidance quote differs from recent recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the CDC, which was overhauled this year and replaced with individuals who have a history of spreading vaccine misinformation. RFK Junior responded, quote, AAP is angry that CDC has eliminated corporate influence in decisions over vaccine recommendations. He included an image of large pharmaceutical companies that have donated to the Academy's children's health programs. Now researchers are weighing in listen.
Speaker 4: To your doctor.
Speaker 3: It's clear that the many pediatrics recommendations are based on very good science.
Speaker 2: Less than a quarter, I'm surprised it's as high. Actually, less than a quarter of adults got a booster last year, under ten percent of children. So more than ninety percent of children did not get the booster last year before RFK Junior ever came on the scene. Uh So, as i've seen it now, this is a from Fox, the report we're hearing now, But as I've seen it presented in the mainstream news, it's, you know, just another RFK Junior is.
Speaker 1: Crazy and whatever.
Speaker 2: And all the parents out there whose kids aren't going to get the boosters they so desperately want, even more than nine out of ten parents did not get their kid.
Speaker 3: Although even that report it just said, you know, this has stocked with people who've spread vaccine misinformation in the past. I would I need to know what you're talking about, because the federal government and the cd SEE and the NIH and Anthony Fauci and the President himself spread information over misinformation over.
Speaker 1: And over and over again. What are you talking about. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm just so surprised there was any COVID in the news whatsoever. Now you who did you Judy got a COVID test? Is that what you said the other day? Yeah? Yeah, she went to the doc in the box she had a respiratory thing and uh and they said, up, you gotta have a COVID test because she mentioned the word cough.
Speaker 2: That's interesting because my doctor, surprisingly, I mean the town I live in, but my doctor, Winnie, I hood whooping cough. They never even checked me for COVID and that's coughing and.
Speaker 1: All kinds of bad. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well then as now now as then, A lot of it's nonsense, inconsistent nonsense. Was there ever a kid that died from COVID who didn't have other problems? Even one in the whole country. I'm not sure they're ranishingly small number. I don't remember if it was none or just Every death of a child obviously is a tragedy. Is vanishing clan nobody? Yeah, yeah, in the biggest country on Earth, right, what.
Speaker 1: An odd thing.
Speaker 3: We all need to keep this in mind for the next crisis that comes along. But you can be incredibly misled by both the media and your government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so true. And it's a shame.
Speaker 3: They've blown whatever credibility they had, which leads to more crackpots getting more attention and further clouding the water. So it's more and more difficult to figure out what's true.
Speaker 1: That is the net result. Yeah, which is bad for all of us. That sucko, is what that is.
Speaker 3: So what's going on with Raydon John Bolton's house. Anny McCarthy, who's been a staunch defender of Trump through the whole Law Fair chapters, especially last summer, says this is not good.
Speaker 1: What's happening. We'll tell you what he says.
Speaker 3: And kind of the history of Trump and Bolton classified info really compelling cool, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: What sort of reasoning the Justice Department, the FBI would give the court for conducting that national security search. Still a huge question here, but this is a person that Donald Trump has been very much on the ounce with since he wrote a book about his service in the first Trump administration when John Bolton was the National Security Advisor.
Speaker 3: To Okay, so before we go any further, that's the gal who said, not clear where the cheesecake came from.
Speaker 1: I knew, I knew that voice. That was our clip of the year twenty twenty. Yeah, that's Kate Bolden bold One.
Speaker 3: That was the clip of the year twenty twenty when all the riots were going on. Right, cheesecake factory is looited. There's a guy carrying a cheesecake. Not clear where he got the cheesecake.
Speaker 6: From your experience, you can see someone actually walking away with a cheesecake there after the cheesecake factory was looted.
Speaker 8: Unclear where they may have gotten that.
Speaker 1: All right, now play the new clip.
Speaker 6: What sort of reasoning the Justice Partment the FBI?
Speaker 2: Anyway, back to the crux of the story, Former National Security Advisor John Bolton had his home rated by the FBI today, and immediately the question is, since Bolton is beyond a fierce critic of Donald Trump. He's invited on every talk show, mainstream talk show that you can think of, because they love having someone who's a Republican bashing Trump because they hate him so much. And he goes on there and he bad mouse Trump, and so his house being rated today. Immediately the mainstream media went to this is just re retribution of some sort.
Speaker 3: Right, And I was actually kind of surprised Andy McCarthy of the National Review, who was an absolute warrior on Trump's side during all the law fair of last year, talking about how these charges were obviously trumped up, no pun intended, They were bizarre, they were unprecedented, they were obviously law fair, and it was absolutely terrible. So McCarthy is no, you know, Trump arrangement syndrome victim at all. But his article in the National Review today says the president is still playing with fire. The retribution. President's latest lawfair sortie is a Friday morning raid of the Washington, DC area home of John Bolton, is former National security advisor and ever since a harsh Trump critic. So what it is and what the motivation is and where it ends, I don't know, but I was really interested in his account of how this all started It arose over Bolton's book, The Room Where It Happened. It came out in twenty twenty, about his time in the Trump administration. Trump fired Bolton in September twenty nineteen. Bolton rushed again the book out, which required a classified information review by the intelligence community community prior to the twenty twenty election. The book depict that Trump is incompetent and unfit for the presidency. You remember a lot of the quotes, probably very lengthy, and includes quotations from conversations about highly sensitive topics what intel folks would call born classified. I mean, you don't have to ask if this stuff is classified. The minute it came out of somebody's mouth, you knew what was. Those who've worked with Bolton observed that he is a copious note taker and he would take reams of notes in meetings. But if those notes are deemed classified when you leave your job, you got to destroy him. It's a you got to use the burn bags that we've heard about recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on everything.
Speaker 2: And you know that's the knock on all this classified stuff is that way too much stuff is classified, and then that whole born classified thing, you know, ends up classifying tons of unimportant stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, that's true too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Bolton maintained that he did destroy any classified notes that were in his possession. Then he became a harsh anti Trump critic. In a nutshell, Bolton appears to have gotten a signal on the book from National Security Council official Ellen Knight that the intelligence community's pre publication review of the book was complete and the book was approved for publication. It didn't have classified information, did not. The approval was not a formal final green light. It was just the preliminary but based on what he'd been told, Bolton and his publishers forged ahead with the printing of the books, obviously seeking to publish in the run up to the election, when press and public interest would be most intense. Then the Trump White House assigned an NSC lawyer to review the manuscript and he said, yeah, it's definitely classified stuff. It went to a Reagan appointee judge who said, yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It looks really well. What did he say exactly?
Speaker 3: Ultimately denied the government's motion to block publication of the book because publicity about the memoir had already begun in more than two hundred thousand copies had been shipped, and the judge, the Reagan appointee, opining that Bolton quote had exposed his country to harm and himself to civil and potential criminal liability. Well, okay, but so since the book got printed and everything like that, do we know what these particular damaging secrets were, like some of the individual instances, Well, I don't know, And I don't know that that's the specific ones that the Trump administration had raided his house for this morning, or if they think there's more there or something.
Speaker 1: None of it's clear.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, Andy McCarthy ends with your retribution. He's talking to Trump. Your retribution was you one? Yes, you don't need to have any more retribution. You won the election, and.
Speaker 3: If you adopt your enemy's tactics, you're apt to end up with their results. To and he takes a shot at cash Pattel. He says he put out an unseemly real time social and media post on x shortly after the morning's raid, stated, no one is above the law.
Speaker 1: FBI agent's on a mission.
Speaker 3: So much for the presumption of innocence and the Justice Department's obligation to honor the civil rights of persons under investigation.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. I mean Colly was a disaster. Oh, but that doesn't mean, you know, you need more playing politics with the FBI office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure if we took a poll or just looked at the email and texts, we get a pretty good share of ya, Hey, it's a race to the bottom, and a pretty good share of hey, fight fire with fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too important that we win.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, troubled times. I wonder what I wonder is this the first of many or at least several. James Comi's house is going to be raided by the FBI.
Speaker 3: That's what Matt Tayeebi seems to think. I haven't checked his substack lately, but earlier today he said. The raid comes after Patel announced that agreements have been reached with ten FBI whistle blowers doing blah blah blah about the Russia Gate thing. I mean, there could be a bunch of whistle blowers and disclosures and accusations should be bigger than that. I mean, Donald Trump's house was raided, Joe Biden's house was raided. Does he raid Chuck Schumer's house or anybody else he doesn't like? If it is retribution and there's no real good reason for the Bolton thing, I don't know that that's the case. Who is that whack a doodle, fake Republican gay guy who lied about everything.
Speaker 1: From New York George Santos?
Speaker 3: Santos got to raid his house just to see what he's up to these days, just for entertainment value. Yeah, he probably doesn't have anything to do with this, but you know he's the Russia Gate. But what the hell kind of weirdness does he have in his own what's going on?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: More of that, Just some people who probably have really interesting home lives and read their owns.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, this is not good. This is not a good child, Lars, It's not.
Speaker 3: Of course it is not. George Santos is a pretty good example, though. The number of unprecedented pushing the envelope, destroying of norms things that has happened by everybody over the last ten years is just extraordinary. Yes, where it ends up, I have no idea, And we do get some pretty intelligent, pretty well written screens from time to time saying guys, the norms are gone, right, you're gonna let Kamala come in and institute hardcore DEI k through grad school.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna win the fight?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've got a British phrase for you to use. Since you're going to England, when you'll be in England tonight or tomorrow tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Yes, tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I don't know if then where the International date Line is if you end up there yesterday or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it works, but it's in Greenwich, I think right Greenwich.
Speaker 3: Meantime, various listeners have suggested things I ought to do in London, and I appreciate it very much. I've gotten some wonderful ideas, but one of them was go and stand on the International date line with like one foot and yesterday and one in tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I live my life really footing yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, with your head in the clouds and your dreams on the ground or something.
Speaker 2: There is a saying that if you have one foot in tomorrow and one foot in yesterday, you're urinating on today.
Speaker 1: Is an old saying. That's a bad saying. Why it's stupid. You live live for today.
Speaker 2: You got one foot thinking about yesterday, one foot thinking about tomorrow, you're urinating on today?
Speaker 1: Oh, metaphorically, yes, okay, sorry, no, not literally, you can't. You can't urinate on your day. A day is not.
Speaker 3: Failing to appreciate the day you're living exactly. You're living in the past with a fuge leep deprived. I'm sorry, I'm a little slow.
Speaker 1: I got a phrase for you to use. Among all the things. We'll finish strong next.
Speaker 3: Strong.
Speaker 4: This is radical rigging of a midterm election, radical rigging of an election, destroying, vandalizing this democracy, the.
Speaker 1: Rule of law. So I'm sorry. I know some people's sensibilities.
Speaker 4: I respect and appreciate that, but right now, with all due respect, we're walking down a damn different path.
Speaker 1: We're fighting fire with fire, and when to punch these sons of bitches in the mouth?
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, everything, we just keep going further down the road of performative. So he's responding to I'll bet the polling that showed two thirds of Californians don't dig this and almost two thirds of Democrats don't dig it. So right, so he's saying, with all due respect to your sensibilities, screw that. We gotta punch these sons of bitches in the mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's part of it.
Speaker 3: Plus you know, I heard some great analysis by your boy Mark Halpern talking about how the reason Gavy is at the front of the pack of the would be twenty twenty eight ers on the Democratic side is because he's forcing the action. He's doing things, he's saying things. He's active on social media. He's shaking things up. He's jumping in front of the crowd constantly and saying I'm the fighter. Look at me fighting, look at me saying bad words and on podcasts, look at me.
Speaker 1: The problem with Gavy, and you know, I.
Speaker 3: Almost reached out to Mark that he doesn't care, is that he's doing a fabulous job of advertising a terrible product. And then once people, you know, pick up the Gavin doll and turn it over a couple of times, they'll think, good god, he's ruined one of the most amazing places on earth. He and his party. This is the last product I want to buy, So advertise away, Gavy. He's actually doing it quite effectively getting attention.
Speaker 1: And then what else do we have there? On Gavin Newsom Today? There Katie Oh.
Speaker 8: He tweeted out a Newswire report about Apple TV raising prices, and then he quoted it and wrote great work Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: That's Trump's fault.
Speaker 2: That might be clever though. I remember when we were doing that riff a long time. No matter what would happen to Sacchi, Yeah, and that might be what he's doing.
Speaker 3: No matter what happened, he'd say, thanks Obama, you know, raising Joe Biden's America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Obama. What was your favorite baseball team loses three in a row? This is Joe b in America.
Speaker 8: Well, so Gavin Newsom has this new Twitter page that's sending out all of these trolling things. He just passed a bill last year where you're not allowed to use deep fakes in political you know, politically motivated deep fakes.
Speaker 1: That's cutting it pretty thin. Doing it, that's cutting it pretty thin.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have no principles. There are a few principles left.
Speaker 1: So he might be just trying to jump on that kind of meme blame everything on Trump, like in a very trumpy way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one thing, speaking of Mark Alprin, that Mark Alpern has said is that Gavin Newsom is really, you know, honoring the Trump style of campaigning and politics by doing the similar sort of stuff. That might and I don't know if it'll work for him. I don't think he's got the same. So, you know, what he doesn't have really is the humor. And I know there's a lot of people that don't find Trump funny.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: He's pretty freaking funny. And I don't think Gavin's got that gear. I think you have to have that along with the snark.
Speaker 3: Well, and the other thing Gavin won't have is an opponent as stupid as Trump's JD vance is.
Speaker 1: Lot the probable air parent.
Speaker 3: Is laying in the weeds knowing exactly what strategy Gavin's going to use, and like an imitation of Trump, and is going to go to in another direction.
Speaker 1: He's going to go calm, reasonable, smart. We should have it. Is my fault for not asking for it.
Speaker 3: He gave a speech at something or other the other day talking about the DC National Guard helping the police, that whole story, and he unleashed half a dozen sentences about, Hey, this isn't just about Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: This is about whatever city you're living in.
Speaker 3: You don't have to put up with fear all the time, you don't have to put up with crime all the time, and and people doing drugs in front of your kids. Why are we putting up with this? It was very unshow busy, un trump sincere. Hey, this is about our families, man, and it rang so true. It was really skillful. Plus I think it was sincere. But so yeah, Gabby's gonna fight the last war. And I think Jade Vance is gonna spike him like a volleyball spike him like a transgender volleyball player, spikes it into a face of a real girl.
Speaker 1: Wow, I see what you did there. Hey, kids, it's that time again with Armstrong and Getty. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show. Michaelangelo is our technical director. He keeps us on the air. Michael, would you lead us off please?
Speaker 5: Yeah. I guess the price of Apple TV is going up and so enough. I can't pay for all these streaming services. I'm gonna have to start doing my own entertainments, whether it's shadow puppets or I don't know.
Speaker 1: I got to come up with something. I gonna come up with knitting.
Speaker 3: I have your wife videotape your shadow puppetry. Then you can watch it back over and over again, and we gotta save it on the website. Yeah, and we'll post it absolutely for those of us still on the internet. Katie Green are steam Musewoman. As a final thought, Katie, So.
Speaker 8: Joe, you're out next week because you will be in London, and then I'm out the following week. So the next time I see you, hopefully I will be pregnant.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, wow, good luck. We're reading for you. Oh I'm sorry, it's my turn. No, it's Jack's turn. Jack. Final thought. I was deep in thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I came across this British saying reading Ulysses, and I thought maybe you could use it when over in Great Britain. Who's he when he's at home? Is the saying, I guess they say in Britain if you're saying who is that? Or who are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Or I don't know who that is? Who is he when he's at home? Wasting way? When he's at home? Yeah? Oh that's an interesting question. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: That reminds me of an old Southern expression that I've always liked. If somebody's tired of you, get somewhere they love you.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, that's good. Go home. I hope you pick up an accent. That would really add a lot to our show. You come back, I probably will.
Speaker 3: You remember when Madonna did there, Yeah, back in the day she lived in Britain for like a week and pick up the accent.
Speaker 1: I knew a guy I'm gonna go caught me.
Speaker 2: I had a guy in college who went over to study in England for like a semester, and he came back and he had a British accent.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, you don't.
Speaker 2: There's no way you picked the chaps Armstrong. You get he wrapping up another grueling four hour workday. So many people are saying thank you, see it on see you on Monday. God bless America.
Speaker 1: Just one mor thog that we'd like to.
Speaker 5: Share no matter what the whipsite says, Hey, dude, you don't need shape. Jack and Joe are here to tell you your day would be just just doll the podcast.
Speaker 1: It won't cost you t Armstrong and Giddy on the Man, And that's a podcast. Subscribe right now with the Armstrong and Geeddy