Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Welcome back, LA Day two.
Speaker 3: Uh, we had a good one this morning, and this dude has been entertaining that since he got here.
Speaker 1: Your mic straight, like, yeah, I get it right, you straight. Yeah, it's a big episode.
Speaker 3: Look at it right, Look at you Yeah, yeah, look at your Solho talk to him.
Speaker 1: We're here, Yeah, we're here to smoke. You know what I'm saying, Stacks, I man, Matt, you know we're doing it up. You know what I mean. I'm happy to be here and I don't even smoke. Am I the only one that ever smoked? Okay? You good? Okay? How was life? What's going on? Life is good? Life is good. Twenty twenty five is my years. Yeah, tell you was entertaining this bro. You got a whole little plan. But I like your business.
Speaker 3: You was talking business at the end, Like, what's what's twenty twenty five mean to you?
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk probably business and stuff and allevors on.
Speaker 2: That, but not just you know what, being a better person first, and when we say that, but are we really doing them steps? Be a better father, you know, be more devoted to my savior, like all these things. I'll be thinking about because I feel like the only thing we think about his family and how to get more money, right, And I think if we do things the right way, we'll hit all the same avenues, you know, we'll cross that path.
Speaker 1: So just being all around a better person. Yeah, that's really it. That what's up too.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get married soon too, because you got any ladies out there that you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't even know where yet.
Speaker 2: You're just looking for some not like a lot, okay, But what I'm just saying, until until the job is actually right, I mean, can you find can you find like.
Speaker 1: Real love out here in La? It's it's dangerous out here, the streets is cold. Yeah, yea, yeah, I don't really La is different. Yes, I probably. I don't think in l a okay, But I am open for whoever's out there. That's for me, right. What are some qualities you gotta have? She gotta have a job. That's the new thing.
Speaker 4: I gotta just that's crazy, no, I mean it is the basting to say that, but yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So something going on right?
Speaker 1: Just half yeah, like when I come home, tell me what you did?
Speaker 2: Like so that what else characters are like, she, I'll be I have nice hair. You know I like hair tall short? Wait does the hair have to be hers?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was just getting that, like to have her hair.
Speaker 4: You guys start background checking these motherfuckers de bros to these days, making some of them backgrounds just be out of control.
Speaker 1: But our backgrounds out of control. But but I'm saying, though, but I don't have to accept that, right, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't have to accept that now. Now I know you did your research on me. You questions, I get it, But I am a psych major. Right, So so the question you just asked him. I used to be like, I don't care about her, but now I do. Like, hold that mean I gotta know, like and listen, this is what's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Why are you like that? Where's that coming from? You want to have that kind of conversation makes you upset?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Getting it off because now I need to know you for you you're trying to get in their mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once you do that, it's over. He's been in every side of the he been psych major and everybody.
Speaker 1: You've been married for a long time. N I've been married. I'm married and divorced.
Speaker 2: But I've been I've been with my girl now ten years many three. So that's my dude like right now. And I like a lot of them dating, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But I mean, since you are really with the psychological side of it, what is some advice you would give some of these younger athletes these days because you see a lot of the some of these older women praying so to speak, on these young boys.
Speaker 2: You are right about that, bro, damn oh man. So what advice I would get them?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: As uh is has some patience? Take your time, right. I feel like we get a girl that's popular, she's there, and we want to just just give her everything, right, you know what I mean, everything she wants to give it her. It's like she like me, she gonna wait, you know what I mean, let me at least learn you, let me at least like you. We be so hyped up to get somebody that's baddy or somebody's popular and all that, and wanted to get to like her. And then when we do like her, like, I don't even like this joint, you know what I mean? This, Yeah, I've been.
Speaker 1: There once, she did it, So here you go. And he was right.
Speaker 2: And another thing is you get someone that got some lose like you got some lose. Because I be thinking, like if we her do something right and unlet's say it's wrong, we get in trouble. If you're not gonna face the heat and the bath and I'm gonna face then while we even and it's not about she gotta be like somebody, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But let's say you got kids.
Speaker 2: You're a really good mom, you care how you are perceived for your children, got belent you know what I mean, Like you're a good person or you don't want your parents to see what type of that's my thing? Like something to lose, you know, girls lose something I don't care about nothing and go to the next one. I'm a hold up baby. Then you just get my man jammed up and you want to bloss talking about it. But now you're about to get with me. Now, why would I do that? That's the dumb shit we doing.
Speaker 1: He still will do it, though it is the problem there in lines the issue that we will do it, though won't he do it?
Speaker 2: And he asked, you manna tell me.
Speaker 1: Like goddamn right. Two of your former brothers. Man just took jobs.
Speaker 3: Shut out to Sean Jackson at Delaware State and Mike Vick and Northfolk State, and.
Speaker 1: To your real brothers, our thoughts. And when we see you out there with either of them this year this season.
Speaker 2: Oh you absolutely not see me. I ain't doing no coaching, but I will see this. I'm so happy, super happy for Michael Vick. You know, I always see him being a coach, you know what I mean. I remember when we was young whiling out and he was like our idol playing with him and.
Speaker 1: The coach can control me.
Speaker 2: And to Shawn he had to go through Victor do it and if old j Vick said, you know what I mean, do this, do that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it. I remember one time we live.
Speaker 2: In waits Damn. I love my Mike because Mike's a great person, you know what I mean. People don't know that, right, even with the dog stuff and all that. Once he serves his time in jail and the community service, you know, he still was doutor.
Speaker 1: Like making people aware of it and they ain't even ask him to. But story, we lift in weights.
Speaker 2: And wait, men, DeShawn Wayne, we ain't lift was man. We don't even lift weights like that. So Mike's in there, so we act like we lift, and we talking about the girls of last night, you know, and and Jack left.
Speaker 1: So Mike said, yeah, where'd yall go? Don't I don't know where you went. I don't know went, so he go finding.
Speaker 2: He said, yo, man, you know, come back in the locker room. So he come back in there. He said, I ain't gotta lift, man, I'm natural.
Speaker 1: Yup. Mike said, what what you mean? You natural?
Speaker 2: He said, I don't need that, man, I get it done with anything. He said, what should think? He said, we think I do?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Like, I'm gonna hear work. I got two hundred dollars contracts twice. Why you can't do it? He said that we start lifting just the o g you know what I mean of putting us in another place and keeping it moving. The problem is, like players don't like that now. So that's that's how Mike was into DeShawn, another good friend of mine. I'm happy for him because now he's the type of coach or he gonna motivate players like we come from the same backgrounds, right, maybe an underdog because Deshawn's always big on the underdog, you know, and he's gonna get them players and he gonna make them dogs, right. And I think a lot of recruits are gonna come to him because of that. And I think the Shawn's good for just a new generation of trying to control, like being from that neighborhood, right and still going out there and being a professional on the field.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be great at that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Your transition into media, you know, seeing your show with your brother twenty five to ten. But then also you've been you know, prevalent in the Fox space the last few years too. Have that started and how's it going? It's going good. Uh, you know, it's a little different from me.
Speaker 2: I think my transition was it was harder for most because like I'm always the same way if it's on TV, you know, if it's joking with y'all, that's what I do.
Speaker 1: So I had to learn on the prime time and.
Speaker 2: Like it's a little bit more professional where if I want to call a dude this ass like he ain't he ain't shit, you know what I mean, I can't say that.
Speaker 1: I got to say it.
Speaker 2: What like I said it about that and like, you know, I didn't like how it came off, because that's not what I was trying to say. I was saying, like, you know, we talked about to do so much. I mean, he's he's okay, you know what I mean, and like he's and he was playing ass at the time.
Speaker 1: I should have said that.
Speaker 2: So like learning that how to be different would still be myself, because that's a lot of dudes that they be a certain way on TV. Then they get off and they get told different dudes. You know, I'm like, hold up, man, this ain't even for real, you know what I mean? So I never want to be like that. But the trans it has been cool, it's been good. It's hot right now.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, the block is hot.
Speaker 3: What you I mean, you don't have to get into detail, But what's what's the energy over there right now?
Speaker 1: Well? You know, you know, no, No, I'm real supportive of all my right coworkers, you know what I'm saying, And like I don't really know much about ane of that ship, you know what I mean, Like I don't.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm cool with everybody over there where you currently stand over there, you in negotiations with them.
Speaker 1: I am happy or you negotiats right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's crazy he brought that up because we just got to approach about it. I'm talking about Super Bowl around then. So after this year, don't really holler at them.
Speaker 1: You're you're able to balance traditional media and then obviously there's new waving media in the pocket, Like what's your goal in both?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you know, I like the the corporate stuff though, so that way, I'm still in the light, you know, still mainstream and all that, because I'm gonna do some stuff like I'm gonna call games probably next year, right, and then like I do a lot of partnerships with the NFL, and a lot of that is because I am more mainstream. But I like this side of it too though, because this is more who I really am, right, I think culturally, like just certain topics and conversations with different athletes and people. You know, I could do that any day, and I think I like that too, because I'm getting the best of both worlds.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So like it's funny like one day I'll get my take on the game on prime time, right, and then maybe the next day the same conversation, I'm gonna give it to you a wholly different way. So that's why I like both of them, you know, and it is build my brand up, right because like you talked about real estate, I do that. But also I'm trying to, like, you know, teach young boys to how to get money without doing different things.
Speaker 1: And I'll be saying, like you.
Speaker 2: Can build, you always make money, you know what I mean. So just using both platforms.
Speaker 4: Recently Living Death into the Eagles Hall of Fame graduation, how was that?
Speaker 1: That was cool? That was good?
Speaker 2: Like, uh, you know, when you playing, you get all the love and all that, and then when you retire you always wonder like the people still love me the same? What did the boys say from peinty four? Oh the grownd Scow screen right when I lead a game?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so it was good man. They had to give a speech out you know, it was a halftime, so they turned on the lights off.
Speaker 1: See I was really I was ready for it.
Speaker 2: They had my little notes and all that, my little speech. And then when they took the lights on and the fans had all the cameras and the lights, I kind of like, oh, like, oh okay, all right. So it was I'll be thinking about like the Eagle's been around for so many years, right, and it's only about like eight of us line of us that's on the Eagles Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I played with some great players too, so to be second to that, that's that's dope. But I think the bigger one is coming sooner.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I talked about that. Yeah yeah, you got when you eligible? What year? Next year? Next year, twenty six, next year?
Speaker 4: Od it's a good six time Pro Bowl, twenty ten All Decade team, two time Super Bowl champs, six one one thousand yard Russian seasons, and it was dynamic from the passing side.
Speaker 1: To think you got a good shot. I do.
Speaker 2: I'll be looking at like who goes in right, Like, okay, this running back? I got numbers like him, I got touched like him, I got all that, you know, But it's funny. I be thinking, like, I really great a player off of.
Speaker 1: Who you did it with?
Speaker 2: Right, So like right now, Lamar Jackson, bro I haven't seen nobody play as good as him in a long time.
Speaker 1: He balling.
Speaker 2: And I look at Josh Allen, who's always been balling, right, I look this year, he's not playing as good as Lamar. Right, stats wise, but he's he balling crazy too. But the difference is, like, yo, who you deal with, you know what I'm saying. And y'all can contested this from playing a game like you got Pro Bowls here, all NBA or this that around you and really good players around you. Okay, but if you're doing that with dudes that barely making his squad, and I gotta respect him more when you talk about the m v P.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So a lot of these guys I look on this Hall of famous and running backs you know, and out of them and they play with a lot of great players where you coming to see me an Eagles or more with the Buffalo when I was giving not really good you know numbers because Buffalo wasn't like that back then like they are now.
Speaker 1: But it's hard to get thirty hundreds.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm always getting sixteen at Philly when I had Deshaun and Victim dudes. But if I'm still give you thirteen plus and all that and touchdowns in the cold and the cold with backup line and the wide receivers that go from this team and that team and this team that count for something, you know what I mean, like, one of my best friends is Frank Gorey. We always talk about that, like who we do it with?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So with that argument, who do you do with? That? Would give all of.
Speaker 3: Lamar's playing great this year, better numbers than his previous MVP seasons.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen is doing it with less.
Speaker 2: I would give it to Josh. I think I think they a plus to an egg. Lamar's playing eight plus Josh playing the A. Josh is winning with dudes that wouldn't make other teams if you come up to a game plan, right, y'all noticed from playing basketball, how we're gonna stop the Ravens. All right, look, we're gonna watch up the eight because he's just then you. But damn you got another MVP can't date behind Derrick Henry right and then z Flowers and baby like you all these different dudes or Buffalo.
Speaker 1: I mean, like who Josh all?
Speaker 2: But they got two Pro Bowls, the whole team once a left tackle Deon Dalkons outherwise job, so I would give it to him. He did beat the Detroit Lions and the Chiefs. They both number one seeds, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean? But but whoever wins. I don't care because Lamar killed. Lamar prosually win MVP last year.
Speaker 2: Just being respectful, like he had them same stats last year in the first half of the season, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But I've never seen played as good by Lamar is truly. His next step now was to win in the playoffs though, Right, he's gonna win. You gotta be super Bowl. That's it. I only bow that ship. They be talking.
Speaker 2: Oh he's his record, Yeah, he was a lot of time. I think this is this is his best. What last year was last year? This year is probably the best change to win, you know what I mean. But but then again, like I mean, you Pastor.
Speaker 1: Mahomes ain't just he out there.
Speaker 2: Though I watched Pat in twenty nineteen opos the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: We won a championship.
Speaker 2: Phenomenal player, right, we had everybody. Travis Kelsey was still younger. He won dating that the Billionaire Chicks, and he was really engaged.
Speaker 1: We had uh, we had Tyreek Hill as a doll. All right, real quick, hold your thought. Can Tyree go back to Kansas City? Yeah, okay, we're talking about that. We'll talk about that letter ahead. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So anyway. So we was selling records, touchdowns, everything you can think about. But then I watched him last year when they lost five games, they was on the.
Speaker 1: Road, the old playoffs. He didn't look good all year. Travis wasn't bawling, and the thinking still won a championship.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, yo, hold up, you want to get the best championships at your best, at your worst, you still winning. They had the most drops in the wide receivers, you know what I mean. So it's like Jason, like, I gotta make sure this motherfucker's dead.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I got the So you got to beat Pat, right, Pat, I do Bro.
Speaker 3: And that's a lot of things too. If you correlate that to basketball, when Stephan the Warriors were running, there was a lot of good teams that just couldn't get past step and the Warriors.
Speaker 1: I didn't think of that like Bronchi. It was somebody else. Dang.
Speaker 3: You never know what happens with Harden in Houston, with Dame Lillard and Portland when they had them good teams, Like, there was teams that were good, but they just ran into the Warriors.
Speaker 2: The Houston Rockets. That's a good one. That's a good one. We start talking on sports here, I be talking all day.
Speaker 1: I saw.
Speaker 4: What happened to the Eagles team. Why y'all coudn't get over the hunt when he was That's a good question. And uh our deepens won that good officer?
Speaker 1: Ye want that?
Speaker 2: Good officers crazy, right? And I think I think we put too much now I'm older looking back on it. We put too much pressure on Mike, you know what I mean, Like like Mike was nice, but the way Mike play is like he's reckless because he's just a dog, you know what I mean, I ain't sliding, you know, and then like making him throw the ball all game like that. You know, you can get picks and et cetera. Or if you watch like the way they play with Lamar, even Jalen hurts. You know, some games they will throw the ball a lot more because depending on how the game is. But to have a real good offense, I think we should have Mike run it, you know a couple of times game maybe not going over thirty passes. I think if you break it down like that, yo, the game's more controlled and you're not putting that much on your quarterback.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that too, you know, but just because we had a lot of turnovers, fumbles and picks and this and that. But I think if you played at a better like game plan, you know, with with trying to put because Mike was so good, you know what I mean. They made him do everything. And I think even when you watched the day, like you got the superstar, but you need them other players, and if you can control the superstar enough, I think you know, it goes a little differently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, career, yeah stopped your two and eagles ended at twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: He was traded for Key Call Alonzo. Man, your boy, let me stop you real quick. Serious question though, do you.
Speaker 1: Know what that is? Though? I have no idea that bro.
Speaker 2: The day when I heard the trade Drew Ro's house, he said, shady, he said, this is not a joke.
Speaker 1: You've been traded.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, what are you talking about? It's like, what are you talking about? He said, y'all they traded you to the Bills.
Speaker 1: I'm in Miamis. I'm like what.
Speaker 2: And the crazy thing is like, after the season, you know, most players they pack up their locker because the football ain't like basketball. You can be going tomorrow with a five year contract. But I never I never touched my stuff.
Speaker 1: I know what it is. I mean, you neverd than me, so I never really looked like that dog. And he traded me. And then when I after the bills, they said it was the easiest best trader ever had.
Speaker 2: They said Chip costs and hey, you guys be interested in Lashawn McCoy. So the gym was like, yeah, for sure, he said. But I was like, they're gonna they're gonna off. They won't want too much, you know what I mean, they gonna want.
Speaker 1: Too much for him.
Speaker 2: So he said it hitting back like yeah, we would, but you know, we probably can't afford what you want. Chip Chip said no, not the GM Chip. He said, no, we're gonna we just want Kilonzo and the gym. At the time, it was like when he said that, I was still waiting, like like, all right.
Speaker 1: Him and who else? He's like, no, that's it. He said.
Speaker 2: He was like, oh deal, he said it hung up. He said, I did the deal, befre eving how that the coach at the time was Rex Ryan. He says, already knew it was a dumb deal, and I was like wow, that's how you.
Speaker 1: Do a drade.
Speaker 3: But talk to us about chip back up, because we've heard a lot of ship and we haven't heard it from a player that played for him.
Speaker 1: Though, Oh wow, that's crazy. Yeah he was. What you don't know about it? What you want of those how much? How it ain't ship? He is? For what I heard? Yeah, he bad coach? Well no, no, no, no, I should hear a bad coach. He don't know. He don't know how to reach the room. He don't know how to relate to his players, Like I played on teams where that's a bad coach. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can get away with it on certain levels, like you can get away with it in college because dictatorship in the pros is different.
Speaker 1: I mean, but he was winning up what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You can get away with it in college because they college kids have to go now they don't, but back then they had to buy. And he had great teams at Orgond. But it's a different style and and and energy of coaching obviously college and pros.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: He the only player he only coach ever been around. He got multiple college championships. No, yeah, so it ain't work too well? Zero, he win it at all saving he ain't. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So he't winning no championship. That sh it ain't working. Yeah, he's just sucking everybody.
Speaker 1: Seeing they got thirty we'll talk to Oh yeah, he don't only coach.
Speaker 2: I'm telling any color that the white boys on the squad don't like him, and none of the brothers like him.
Speaker 1: I ain't never seen that. At least you're gonna have something on this side. None of that.
Speaker 2: And he was just different, Like I mean, simple things like man like y'all playing on teams with some white dudes that listen to rock or or or yeah, rock and roll, and his brothers listen to the straight trap music. And then some dudes that came up they want some nas, they want some so everything's different.
Speaker 1: He like none of that. He would be like, hey, in the locker room, y'all put your head set to man ain't no music.
Speaker 2: So all the and I was one of the players, it's like hold on, hold on, like you the coach, but this is our team, though you can't tell what we listened to. And he ain't like some of that, you know, simple shit like when I was a rookie, you know, devixing something same.
Speaker 1: They had the big cars and all that, and I had to wait to get that. So once I.
Speaker 2: Earned it, I was trying to get my big wheels like they didn't come to the games. Right, You get the outfit on a nice little.
Speaker 1: Take the pictures, you know, because you just fall on. Okay, that's what the oh here did it. That's what I'm gonna when I get it.
Speaker 2: This dude, he said, yeah, Manu. From now I'm on. You know, y'all drive y'all cars to the game on Saturday, and then we ride the school bus to the game. Because we're a team, we gotta look the same.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: Then, African, you could drive. You could take your fancy cars, you know, to the house. I'm like, so wait, you.
Speaker 1: Want to control what cars you drive from or how we come into the games? Slave me telling me Bro, I.
Speaker 2: Mean I'm talking about Bro has stuff like uh, okay, I'm black.
Speaker 1: I like black socks.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I just like black socks, right, he said, Yo, on my team, we only were white, sox, I say, coach Man, every year, I'm gonna go for like twelve hundred and almost fourte hundred yards like I do.
Speaker 1: It in black socks.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm trying to like joke with you because I don't want to make this awkward for you because you the coach.
Speaker 1: And I'm the player.
Speaker 2: But we talking about socks. I said, we're talking about socks right now. Coach, he said that that's the rules. And he never was like confrontational. He was soft, like trying to like reason with me, you know. So I was like, okay, coach, you got it. So I would wear black socks and put white tape on it. So when I go out there, he said, I could see the black. I said, you see white, you see the white tape.
Speaker 1: It's just so many little things.
Speaker 2: But he would he would model turn my sleep we get so he's like, yo, whenning teams need to sleep a certain amount of hours. I said, well, look, coach, you know some of these dudes are young. They won't step outside.
Speaker 1: That we win the game. They want to party a little bit.
Speaker 2: Right with with with girls they age. Uh, some of these dudes they got the older, they got kids.
Speaker 1: The baby might wake up.
Speaker 2: Two year old, wine year old or whatever at two in the morning.
Speaker 1: They got to get up.
Speaker 2: He didn't want to air that, so he would he would he would drug tests, and he would and he would.
Speaker 1: Uh he drug tested y'all.
Speaker 2: Now I didn't really complain about but I would have to speak up because, you know, because nobody really want to go against him.
Speaker 1: He was one of them dudes.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, well, look, man, like dudes don't feel comfortable smoking or I mean, they're for comfortable.
Speaker 1: Coming to you about your drug testing.
Speaker 2: Like if the rules for the NFL is you drunk on whatever it is and they pass, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about right now?
Speaker 2: I said, coach, Man, I said, listen, brus a football team, coach, this is our last real issue, I said, coach, it's our football team.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: But listen, yo, you're running this ship like a like a like a jail, like a po office. You know what I'm saying, Like, and you're gonna lose. Do they gonna be started coming because they're gonna rumors. I ain't going to Philly. They're talking about coach drug testom every time they go to practice. Was he was he the coach to give a Roley Cooper an extension? He's another one. Huh yeah yeah, so that's even worse. They'll lets you know what type of person after you publicly at the concert. Niggah this out loud.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. It's still just right come back and that's crazy. Yo.
Speaker 2: Look when he was there right check this out. So I told you he was Mike for everything, because Mike's the OG. Mike said, we're gonna do it where it is. So Cooper does that little stuff you just said, right, So it's everywhere now, so we So it's a line of dudes in there that they want to holler at him.
Speaker 1: That was cool cool. He in the office is younger, so it's weird for me because now I'm man. But he look at me like I'm a big bro. You know. He texted me like he's sorry and all that. I ain't really hollering at the time.
Speaker 2: So anyway, when he come there, Chip made him wait like a day or two, so we ain't seen right outside of mind, we ain't really see. But it's on the meeting everywhere. So when he gets there, it's after practice. He calls all in the main like meeting room and he brings Coop out there. He lets Coop say sorry whatever this third and then he hides him again for another like a couple of days, so we never really seen him.
Speaker 1: He had the day he was gonna show up.
Speaker 2: He had Mike tell the team, I look, he said, look, man, you know I'm from the South.
Speaker 1: I'm from this and that.
Speaker 2: And if y'a ain't ever say nothing about somebody you know what I mean, or say words about this and that behind closed doors, you know what I mean, y'all can't be offended, you know what I mean. You could be mad, but you gotta forgive your brother because y'all did it before, so I get his message right. You know, we all say things that we don't mean, et cetera. So then when Cook came back, it wasn't as bad because you know, the big.
Speaker 1: Dogs spoke on it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But if it was anybody else, Chip Wanta did all that, you know what I mean, And it is a tough situation because it's real. I mean, a white dude saying that about blacks, it's a bigger thing. But he just was good at at like shit like that, where if it was one of us, he wouldn't did all that.
Speaker 4: And a lot of shit in my mouth, but seeing the H word never came out my mom for no reason yeung fuck behind closed doors or not that those words never come on my mouth.
Speaker 1: I have no reason to.
Speaker 4: So you didn't say that before you got comfortable saying to say it like that, right, and you know what to get to It might be it is the music.
Speaker 1: They singing every song word for words, so you expect him to be the pause at that point. Yeah. Nah, but you know, but I went on. I went on music.
Speaker 2: That's not why he said it. He wasn't rapping, Nah, he wasn't. He was at a country he was I don't know, Chesney ches so it was like he was black dude, that all white country. So all that concert and uh, the do was being he wasn't listening to cool he ain't know he was. He was trying to your backstage all that type of stuff. And he said, I kick your nigger asses.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: We was like whoa.
Speaker 2: But to his defense, he said he didn't. He was like he was mad and the first thing came in his mind to make this guy man defended.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's weird, that's we that's I didn't see the whole I didn't get into it with a whole bunch of Karens and different and I ain't never called racist.
Speaker 1: I might have called a bitch a stupid hole or some ship like that, dumb bitch like that. We get it. But it's crazy though. I'll say.
Speaker 2: Yo the same way, like Yo, if I'm mad at the white person, like I ain't the first time feeling to call him that, you came all type of stuff. You can call him that. And that's why I really had an issue like that. Maybe bro might be you know, but I mean, but was doing stuff like man, we be dudes. I'm married of practice. I'm like, yo, how the hell is this dude on the team he went to organ I'm like, yo, you got a dude that played at the freaking Alabama and he black?
Speaker 1: Right? Why he in the game? We had white but series I'm like, yo, all these.
Speaker 2: He don't even know how he make the squad. And I might even try and be funny because there's some white boys that can play them. Yeah, we don't have them white jus.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm say.
Speaker 5: If you want get the white boys, I'm cool with all that.
Speaker 1: I love like the white team that's got all my boys.
Speaker 2: My best friends is white, you know, but give me some good ones, though, I don't know brothers that's black that can't.
Speaker 1: Win.
Speaker 2: Well he I can go ahead for hours that dude, Oh my god, I could see somebody suppose to you.
Speaker 1: I would have made it you too, I think about it. I didn't really. I didn't really the coach too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want a championship with Brady and mahons, what's the contrast between them to a leadership.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: So some of the similarities, I would say, like, uh, competitors. Brady ain't trying to lose nothing like, and he's all nice and all that. He turns it on with it's time to win. Should I remember when I man, he got some of the stories to tell you about Brady. He just love to win, Bro at all costs. At the same way, dudes ain't catching the ball, ain't playing a certain way.
Speaker 1: Dudes hurt. I got it. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I remember one time I had this game and we're trying to I guess, clinch the playoffs whatever, and and the tackle at the time. I won't say his name, but he was acting like he was hurt. Now, you know, some of the big us be soft as hell, like Bro.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, put your helmet, all put your up, so let's go play you six ' eight.
Speaker 2: Like, come on, man, talking about this his ankle or it's toe or anyway. So patting in the training room. So for the whole week, he's checking up on him, checking up on him. Now the training room all in basketball and football, it's like the hangout spot.
Speaker 1: All right. So about about Friday, Pat coming there? Like is he playing? What's going on with him? Now?
Speaker 2: Past the type of person where this is why I love Pat because he's hisself. He don't try like he's something he's not.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. He gonna he's his own person. He listened to his music. You're gonna listen to some J. Cole with some light stuff, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He's himself. That's why I love Pat. The dude now had been the quarterback, Hey man, how you feeling all week? He's been trying to butter him.
Speaker 1: Up because he's a tackle. You need him.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm still not comfortable. He's doing all this ship his shoulders and all that. I ain't feeling good right, So I'm watching it, you know, and watching and ship. I'm like, oh man, bro, bro, playing Pat walk Off, I'm gonna win it anyway.
Speaker 1: What he wore outing and he won that fucking game.
Speaker 2: That's the type of players, even when you watch games where they ain't catching the balls or they ain't doing this and that. The second hand, he gonna do it if he's running, if he's just stending it. So you can see the greatness because I played with Vic McNab, Josh Allen malmes Bread, so I've seen all the best ones. But when you see the real grace, you see the difference. Pat Brady, like I married the super Bowl man Like, well, Brady, because you asked about the similarities or whatever. We're playing the Bucks earlier that year, the Bucks beat the hell out of us. So the coach is like, yo, look man, you know they're gonna play this coverage, this and the third. So Brady used to have his own meetings. So he called the skills just like quarter the quarterbacks, running backs, wi I receiver tight ends. He said, y'all here with coach said, they're not gonna play us in that ship he started.
Speaker 1: We met together. Then when we left, he sent this individual like uh.
Speaker 2: Like recordings like he was in his crib watching tape he going over every d back.
Speaker 1: This is super Bowl. It's just crazy.
Speaker 2: He's like, Yo, this dude right here. You know he lacks long speed, so he holds a lot. You can beat him with go balls.
Speaker 1: This due right here.
Speaker 2: You know he doesn't do well against Oh, he's only getting his own.
Speaker 5: He goes to all the players, starters and back ups.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn this, This dude must have.
Speaker 2: Took two days, no eating, no sleeping, going over every position. So he said, look, they're gonna plays in this coverage. When we got to the game, they played this in the same coverage that Brady talked about.
Speaker 1: What the coaches saying this.
Speaker 2: He has his own little meeting saying they're gonna do that, and he did it. I'm like, this white boy is cold, cold bro, that's hard different, So.
Speaker 1: Come on man. And then they both like it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Because when I went to the Chiefs, Pat was asking me about Josh Allen because Josh's talent is his mom.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He wants he wanted to know, and he got brother, and you were loveless.
Speaker 1: He felt like a brother and you can't chump me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then when I went to the Bucks, Brady was low key asked me about Pat. I said, look at these niggas, y'all. Okay, they low trying.
Speaker 1: To figure out what you know what I mean, But that's cold.
Speaker 3: That's like like name three greats that you bounce from, you know what I mean. So it's just like they want to get any any any edge up or any advice they can get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, freaking Josh. They all got dog on them.
Speaker 2: Only name about Josh's dog though, because I'm a Pat Simmer with the dog. He like a brother at home, Josh, you can come at him a little bit because we're teammates, you know what I mean. But certain things he ain't gonna let fly. You know, certain quarterbacks mentioned some white boys, you know, brothers can get away with doing a little extra.
Speaker 1: He ain't with it because in the football game, he gonna run you over.
Speaker 2: We're playing a game.
Speaker 1: Dude was talking ship to him and all that. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Bat he tried to run him over. He's a linebacker. That's how you play. So when anybody play with him, they love him because he just you know, because most quarterbacks ain't gonna give you everything because they protecting themselves, you know, he ain't with all that ship.
Speaker 1: Oh we practicing. I'm practicing. Oh it's a fighting practice. I'm in there fighting too. You'll never see that quarterback came home surpassed Brady. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's gonna me a lot though, and it's gonna be easy. But I think where they at today, I think he's way more eventsd than than Tom. You know, you look at this, the MVPs, how fast the yards. Think about this for a second. The worst we've ever seen Patrick Mahomes is an ABC championship game. That's that's I mean, you know what I'm saying. Every year he gone and and he's more of the main reason. I think some of Brady's joints. He was still just getting up in there, you know what i mean, learning a little bit, you know, letting the defense kind of play it out. Now, the way Brady finished that shit was crazy. Like I leave the New England, I'm gonna get a championship. Every other year I'm in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Like Tom.
Speaker 2: Is definitely different, and he was forty years old doing it, you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's gonna be hard to do.
Speaker 2: When the Kaepernick situation was going on, what was the vibe and how would the players talking, you know, when Jared Jones was not letting the players kneel and stuff like, Yeah, we hated that though, you know because it's like, you know, I don't know the reason why kat was was doing what he was doing, right, because everybody there on the paint of it. But I definitely, now that I'm older, I respect it because he brought light to it, you know what I'm saying. And sometimes in football or in sports and it's like you matter it masters you who's saying something or what they're saying is about and when you don't really see that and not with him because he wasn't the player to be you know, whatever it is, but the message was powerful. I'm like, damn because like when you play ball, the team and everybody teat you a certain way and you black and all that, right, but then you got homeboys, or you might see someone on TV that might lose a life, right and they black, but they don't have the star part. You've got shit still wrong. You get what I'm saying, still hurt, So you start looking at things differently.
Speaker 1: Then what with that?
Speaker 2: Or if I wasn't all decade running back, ya, I that could have been me on it, you know what I mean. So so that was tough to deal with, man, because then you see the ownership, like and the bills is really really good at it, you know what I mean, good ownership.
Speaker 1: So it was cool. But other teams right talking at home Boy, they're like, yo, man, we can't kneel. They like, what is this American? What do you mean you can't kneel? How can they tell you that?
Speaker 2: And they don't want to upset their season ticket holders and and I'm like, so, okay, so you don't really.
Speaker 1: Care for me for real. It's a business to you though, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So when that whole thing is going on, you really was questioning a lot of relationships with different people in high and higher positions because like, do.
Speaker 1: You really care for me for real? Or is it just you know what I mean, livelihood on the line. Yeah, some people don't understand.
Speaker 2: And then the thing for him is he probably never been like another you know, starter and all that, right, but he still would have been on somebody's team.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm Saying's no doubt, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, like, because he spoke out on something now he.
Speaker 1: Can't play, but they still have an issue about right.
Speaker 2: But back then though, when I was on the other side, when I first heard about the whole thing, I'm like, Yo, this dude making a big were like why he And I was saying like if it was a bigger player like a Brady he kneel and all that, they'd have found a way to make it okay and say Brady was black, you know what I mean, because he matters. But that's how we always thinking that first before that ain't the main thing, you know, that don't matter. That matters what was right and wrong, and what he was speaking on was right. At the time, a lot of players, like even myself, we didn't really understand what he was really saying.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: But to your defense, I mean, like I said, you worked your way out of that and your in your your your own bubble, you know what I mean. So I think he made everyone kind of look outside the bubble, like what's really going on to our people? Pa upbringing a lot of talent from out that way.
Speaker 1: Yes, you do yourself. Aaron Donald, Saquan, Darrell Reeves, Michael Parsons, to name a few, were for the same time. He from like the outskirts.
Speaker 2: It's the water out there is that the air is Ricky waters, Ricky running with cond like Parson, you know what I mean? Come on, oh, MICUs Coaston Marcus Coaston receiver from the stat A couple of cats, Yeah, more than a couple.
Speaker 1: What was it like coming up out there? I was cool, it was good.
Speaker 2: You know, sports was always a thing. It's like either you played sports or you was in the streets. Right you don't have an older brother he played in the pros, and you know then I have my pops. It's funny, like I don't know how everybody is like raising the areas but around from like if you was really really good at something sports wise, like certain places you just couldn't go. And I don't know if it's like that now you know what I'm saying. Now, nothing one hundred percent. Kids can get in trouble anything they do. But it's like certain certain times at night, like certain ogs wouldn't let me be around that long.
Speaker 1: Okay, shit you doing okay? Cool? All right, man, get your ass home, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it was more of like a whole community that was looking out where Now I be fun like some of the ogi's now be kind of okay with the young boys.
Speaker 1: Don't stand in the mono crash missions, right right. So back then that we had that type of environment my town. I heard you was nice and who I was? They told you. I was like I who was your game? Like everything? They told you that too. I think you told me that. You know what I'm saying that.
Speaker 2: No, no, you heard that was nice.
Speaker 1: I'm saying to tell you that. But I heard you was nice. I heard you was nice from you, though I didn't hear no when else I heard you. I gotta be honest. Dog, Listen, I told you. I'll tell you again. I'm not gonna let you disrespect Chuck like this, yo. That's my listen. That was my childhood idol. Dog in my room cause a million irish you know what I'm saying, not even pause and all that like that was my man.
Speaker 2: So one time I'm in Virginia with Mike Vick, my man, right, we he had like a little vent whatever we in the club, and I think my third year I was young.
Speaker 1: Him and Chuck from the same they from the same hood.
Speaker 2: When in Virginia, I'm like, oh, ship, I'm telling my man yo Iverish over there right.
Speaker 1: I'm an Iverson fan. You know.
Speaker 6: Now it's him that what's up on love, you know, the whole time ship.
Speaker 1: So we see him so big, like my man shady. Sohow man, you know, you know, nice to meet you. So he like, now if you know a.
Speaker 2: He's always like, uh, this's my first meeting. He's always like happy and love. Yeah, okay, it's all man, it's all little nigga. Man.
Speaker 1: He calls home, come here. He said, what I talk about this little nigga right here? Man?
Speaker 2: So now I'm like, oh, he knows me though, So now I'm thinking, hey.
Speaker 1: I know me. He says, yeah, you said he he reminded you of you. We used to play football. So I'm like, damn, he was nice like that, and I hate him thinking that.
Speaker 6: So showed up that he was nice things like that.
Speaker 2: So I go I I didn't say this because I was still but when he walked off, I said, Mike, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: He said that about me in high school.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, damn, dog, he I remind him. He reminds me of me when I played high school basketball. I have been like that.
Speaker 5: So we basically we got the same type of perspective, like he think he.
Speaker 1: Was out them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, so something I said, so so so hey, I just seen him at this We did a little arrest on him in Philly. Man, I want to tell you this story and ship. So when you see the episode the Phillips Mutual, Bro, I.
Speaker 5: Mean you know what I'm saying, so that when he's saying like that, just know this he thought of me like on the on the court.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, so but your last organized basketball was but seventh grade something like that.
Speaker 1: Hold on, no, look, no, hold.
Speaker 5: Up, he said, stuffing like no, no, no, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're successful Hooper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did y'all did y'all play freshman? Seventh grade?
Speaker 2: Is freshman or no?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. Ninth grade was my freshman, but I never played for freshman basketball.
Speaker 2: Well what about in the seventh eighth grade? I think I sat the bench in one of the years. But I was good enough to be on the bench as a seventh grade of ninth grade eighteen and the A grade, I was nice and the freshman.
Speaker 1: But then I went to just I can't say it's just seventh grader on the ninth grade. Yeah yeah, yeah, middle school in high school was one. No, but it's the same, like it's the public school. So you're saying you were good enough to go sit on the freshman That's what I'm saying, Bro, That's all I'm saying. Were you good enough to play though? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, well no, I mean I mean I played like I played, So I played the apri Yard was nice though the Apriy I was really I was.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: As a seventh grader, I was playing with the ninth graders.
Speaker 1: I didn't start, but I still was playing something. No.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, Okay, so maybe I'm chipping because my high school is nine, ten, eleven, twelve.
Speaker 1: It is, but basketball, I didn't go to school with the ninth graders. They just let you go play with the high school team. They do it somewhere, they don't do it everywhere. In some cities you can go up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, so what I'm so, what I'm saying is there there there's one. So how can you be in the high school. It's just probably like their filter high school, their their feeder high school. That the middle school they probably get to go to their feeder high school.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's this, you know, And I didn't play high school basketball.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But when I watch some of these players, they talk about comparisons, right, you compare everything. So when I watch guys like AI and I see the quickness, quick twitch, fast, explosive. Okay, then I see like Kyrie Irving, I see his little mixture are cool.
Speaker 1: You had a lot of that. You definitely had that on the field. You definitely that. Yeah, you massedop and start, no question. And I was.
Speaker 2: I was working Hall of when I was in high school. I kind of stopped working as hard. But in high school work hard as ship. So all the hundred five hundred jump shots in a game or a day, but we'll never.
Speaker 1: Know, We'll never know, I said, well, never know, we'll never know. That's a true story of ash. It's a real story.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn me, I want to I want to say it so fast, like damn, that's crazy because I thought the same thing about you.
Speaker 3: But now we're done talking about the bullshit. Back to the real ship. What you really can do amazing?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, God Willing Hall of Fame football career almost never happened. Compound fracture you had suffered in high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what happened. Yeah, just man like I was. That was crazy.
Speaker 2: So you know, at this time, right I'm the number one running back in the country, probably like eight or something overall. You know what I'm saying, Like seventeen scholarships.
Speaker 1: I was doing my thing.
Speaker 2: Then my senior year, I had like a thousand yards and three games. I was really balling. So I bring my ankle to to our rival school, damn, and then I go, Ricky your name Ricky, I go for the.
Speaker 1: And I get hurt. So I'm probably getting calls a day from my head coaches.
Speaker 2: You know, he's seventeen. You think you knew everything, you know, and I got hurt. Man, Like I should all stopped. Like I went from seventy eight scholarships to like four, I meanber I committed to Miami, you know, and then I had to go to prep school. Like we had my ankle and I stopped going to school. I was all messed up, and these dudes would be at my school recruiting dudes.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't even got hot at me. You know, it was just a five star. You were just play bagging me. Dog.
Speaker 2: Pete Carroll This with Reggie Bush's Reggie Bush running through.
Speaker 1: He hosted you on there your visit right, come on, bro? Was he had it laid out.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about we went shopping and ship this before and I am, we want shopping.
Speaker 1: They closed the store down. They're like, get what you want, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Kim was out this one.
Speaker 1: I didn't know who kin was, but she was around. She was all right, she was cool.
Speaker 2: Uh they had all they had all the girls had everything. But that was a nice little trip. But anyway, so I go from that to us he not even answering my calls.
Speaker 1: That's dead. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That it was over after that, and I ain't really had no more school. So then Penn State was in school. I wanted to want to play for It's like a hometown, you know what I mean. School, But paternal was different. I want, you know, rest in peace. I won't get into that. But he had his own perception of me before he even knew me, you know. But that didn't work out. Then Pitt they want it was an NFL coach. It just worked out because he's he's like me, NFL coach. He want ballers, you know what I mean. He don't care about all the little stuff and I remember I was gonna commit to Penn State anyway, just to prove Joe Patterning wrong that I'm a good kid and all that. And my dad was like, nah, yo, you gave Pittsburgh your word that you would at least take one visit before you make a decision. That's why I've been saying, like your real dad's matter though, because like something small like that. Hold up, man, you gave me your word. You're going back up there. I'm like, but Dad, I don't want to say I don't care you getting your word. So I go back up there, and I loved it. Now the team won, that's good, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean. But the players were like me, city kids, you know it was it was cool.
Speaker 2: The coaches was NFL coaches, so they liked talent versus seniorities. The politics it worked out, you know. He gave me a chance to get my name back. I'm every telling me like, yo, you know, so I go from up here to down here. I'd like to take you to rehab and get back to feeling like yourself.
Speaker 1: So when I was in pres school, I didn't even start. Dude.
Speaker 2: Some dude beat me out because he was going to Miami. I imagine me, you know, how play. I'm like quick and shifted. I was running dudes, though I was out of shape, you know what I mean. I was all messed up anyway, So they would come see him, the other kid going to Miami, and then it took me by the year and a half they really get myself together.
Speaker 1: So then I leave during the year I go to PIT. So now my mind is differently.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's my second chance, you know, and all these people count me out, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I went from people.
Speaker 2: I was on my just doing everything I wanted to do with me, with my boys, this and that there, and now they kind of left me, nobody texting me.
Speaker 1: So I said, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: So when I got the PIT, I did my thing, you know, only really did like a year and a half and I went straight to the league. But that was a good point for me because when I got to the NFL, you know, I still had like the Hanger hang Ons and my homeboys and stuff like that, but I slowly left them earlier in my career because I remember.
Speaker 1: Like how I like how people really treated me. It was hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying I'm seventeen, like I ain't.
Speaker 1: You know people do they thirty and they played the league? Maybe they in the same they early. I'm seventeen. So that was that was a good That was a good one for me, know to learn from. You know, mm hmmm. Where the name nickname shady come from?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 1: Oh my mom gave me that name. She was always shady as a kid.
Speaker 2: Like I'd be happy sad, you know what I'm saying up and down. Yeah, and the neighbors picked up on kids in school. So but I ain't shave no more that ship.
Speaker 1: This is a name, you know.
Speaker 2: The next day I'm good on him, like, no more, what are you staying from sa Quan? He broke your record, he don his stand. Yeah, so we we are so and se Can always been cool from Pennsylvania whatever. And you know he was talking about even coming to Uh to the Eagles. I'm like, yeah, what's the right you know places? And Third, we do a golf We did a golf out in this year about this the year I knew we have a big year, not like this but a big ast year. But now I'm happy for him and he hell of a player. He'd been nice as college. I think he got to New York and he had a chance to show it because because he was hurt in a couple of years and the team.
Speaker 1: Wasn't as good.
Speaker 2: But like, I'm all for uplifting the next generation. It don't matter how good sain Kwon Barkley do. I'm already made. You can't take away from me. So when people were like, yo, you ain't mad about breaking nah, like brot, I got some I got some good numbers. Yeah, So I wanted to do good because it's funny. You know, everything's in competition, right, But as players, you always that love to get people that love the game. You're always a fan of game. So before I knew him, he was a fan of me. He would tell me these things. He broke the record, he said, y'all, it's crazy to be when he first broke the record in the game, because I went to the game and out here was it the Rams game.
Speaker 1: I was with the owner, we was watching the game whatever.
Speaker 2: And on the mic, he said, yo, yo, that's yeah, we broke yeah, we broke Shady's record, right, And I took that at He's like, that's a try of respect because I actually know him, so I know he gotta respect me. But if I didn't know him and I heard that, you get what I'm saying, it mattered to him. And when we talked me, he's like, yo, bro, breaking it's big.
Speaker 1: That's why, like the shit going on with Eric Dickerson and all that, Like, yo, dog.
Speaker 2: You a ogi, you a legend on me. You had Jerry call he was scoring touchdown for the Rams, like that was big. Now you got a chance to pass your record down to Saquon this the same way O J passes to you. Because am I like right now, if you look, I'm probably with like six highest paid running back of all time football and not for years.
Speaker 1: Right. I never had a problem getting a contract. I do my thing, I get busy, pay me top of the market.
Speaker 2: So of the other dudes that did the same, not maybe as much as I did, but are doing really well, they're not having a chance to get them contracts. So we have a situation where a forty year old record can be broken for the next generation. Why won't you let this dude do it?
Speaker 1: And why you mad about it?
Speaker 2: Because Josh Jacobs running back for the Packers night he played for the Raiders they want to go. He still was busy. He led the league in Russian. I remember talking to him. He's saying that the Raiders don't even offer him a contract. I'm like, hohy not, it's like being a scoring chain and don't even.
Speaker 1: Know what we talking about. Saquon balls out. He is the New York Giants and you rather pay Daniel Jones. The mark is messed up. But you can go.
Speaker 2: You can be Baker Mayfield get a second chance. Now they talking about seting Dog get a second chance.
Speaker 1: Trevor Lawrence is god awful awful. He's the second highest or third highest paid quarterback in football.
Speaker 2: Jordan Love is good though, right, but you're gonna make him hight paid quarterback after one year because if that's the running back or wide receiver, you're not doing that. CD Lambs you covir Yeah, save wan ce Lamb.
Speaker 1: He balls though, he cold if he.
Speaker 2: If he's not better than Justin Jefferson, okay, whatever, But they closed up. So you're telling me in the open market, bro, and it's my time, may get a deal. I can't get jump over him contract wise, right, but you're gonna tell me that. Lamar Jackson Josh Allen, Patrick Holmes can get jumped over by Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, It's crazy. They got the game so messing with the quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: So that's why I was mad with the Eric Dickerson because I'm like, yo, if he breaks his record now, dudes like their Henry that has nice hundred yards are still balling.
Speaker 1: Won't take a seven million dollar contract or something.
Speaker 2: He's like, amen dollars because they not respecting the running back position. This is a step us stone to do that. So not the next generation ten twenty years from now. They gotta respect it. So it's bigger than sa Quon and Eric Dickerson.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You're not sitting out the last game. You're gonna get that time. You know, it's funny all their homeboys on the chat. You know that played with the Eagles on that that's playing it now. I won't say the names, but they play with me and they playing it now, so you can imagine who that is. They like this is Shady was here. This year will not go down like this. It will be a whole conversation all week while we're not playing. Because I'm gonna get my record because when I'm when I'm fifty years old, I'm six years.
Speaker 1: Old, and I want my kids all that. When you were just one hundred yards away, bro, and.
Speaker 5: You average was sixty and you playing the Johnson the dudes.
Speaker 1: That got rid of me and a week, Yeah, you gotta get that record on that man.
Speaker 5: It was set up for him to do it. God will make no mistakes.
Speaker 1: They playing like that.
Speaker 2: Oh soa we don't get rid of you, Okay, we we wanna set the rushing record and we're gonna play them again.
Speaker 1: God set that up. But I mean, I get it now. He is now.
Speaker 2: I will say one thing about say one that I am not like. He is a great teammate and he's his and he puts his teammates first. I did that, but they gotta be with contents. Everything deserves the nuance. I'm for the team. But hold up, man, brother, it's recommend for fifty years on when your ass is going, you're going, I'm going, it's still gonna be here. I can't go get a hundred yards because I gave you two thousand yards though winning and all that, right, so you know, but I get the message though, like they had their by.
Speaker 1: Week like week three, so he had a full season. Like so I understand, but let him go get that guy because that's the other thing that real quick.
Speaker 2: I watched his whole week or last week, dud.
Speaker 1: Incentives, Hey got him, all of them play with Mike Evans got it. He deserved it. Now, Mike, he a dog.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying when I was there with him, he had nine yards. I don't go for what we're doing. We're gonna get him in styles. Yeah, that's just signed of respect on Man and Brady. I think Brady played for him to get.
Speaker 1: To so absolutely.
Speaker 3: And then how Dallas didn't let old boy play the last game to get that certain rush five hundred game for real?
Speaker 2: Oh it was it was oh yeah yeah, Oh that's crazy, Trevor.
Speaker 1: They played the whole seasons. Yeah he did, but they try to use that like wrong God, yeah, instead of letting that boy get that extra three hundred and twenty five. But yeah, down win though you can't Yeah what do y'all do? Ye do that basketball? You can't do sentives? Championship, No senters like some guys do. Yeah, some guys do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, All Star Game, Uh, Championship you're win a ring like but if anything where like you gotta have some of the points aren't scored or you know what I mean. That's that's that's been something big players like you win the championship, like you got your contract. We win the championship, you get money.
Speaker 1: So y'all never had nothing like work. I need a certain amount of points this game because.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play with you so my boy can get his ship off. Yeah no, I mean bonuses happened. But like I think, our money is guaranteed, so no matter how good or bad we play, we can get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. As soon as you started your name baby, Yeah, so five getting the whole.
Speaker 3: Yeah getting ah wow, that's an opt out the last year and get a bigger deal.
Speaker 1: Oh man, yeah, blessing. I'm talking like other players what they did. Yeah, that's go ahead. Ken, Jalen Hursts won the Super Bowl. I think so, I think so.
Speaker 2: I mean, like it's all what you want in a quarterback because obviously you will take the Josh Allen's first, or you'll take the Lamar, the Whay he plays a pack, even the Burrows. Well, one thing I give Jalen Hurst bro he find a way to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And this thing is like when you talk about.
Speaker 2: Other players, the first thing you're gonna talk about is what their attributes are.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: His arm is crazy, Yo, he's accurate. You can't even tackle a little more. Jamie's gonna say, Yo, he a winner the games. I see where he might play awful dog.
Speaker 1: But we need that last drive. Bro.
Speaker 2: He finds a way and I respect he be like this whole life under dog gotta win. He's been in Super Bowl, you know, and lost to you know, top three quarterback Paston Wones, Andy Reid. But I think he can win it all our team. I mean it's bigger than Jalen Hurts, like a J Brown, Davonte Smith, Oar receivers. You got Sakuon Barkley and running back, and he got the best office line of football.
Speaker 1: And you're tight end is decent and you got number on defensive football. It's set up.
Speaker 2: If we don't want it this year, maybe next ye because we are a little young. It might be because every team has that win. Like I look at the Steelers.
Speaker 1: Days, what he is but a kill us?
Speaker 2: Look at the Niners.
Speaker 1: What's number seven names on defense? Defensive end? He's not there? Now Jersey. He's from Jersey, from Philly and all that way and now Jets, Jets, and.
Speaker 2: Now he have a sack this year, just got fired from the Raiders. Wow, we was waiting to see how that was gonna work out.
Speaker 1: I mean they just doing You get him one year? For real? Did you fire the other coach Inland one year?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Who will win? Who went? Like that? See?
Speaker 2: It's funny because, like I feel like player coaches now they had because they gotta hire because it's a lot of noise. And then dudes are doing well too, and there's a lot of younger guys getting the jobs, and they hired players back in the old heads were gonna hire they people, right, But my thing is hot good in the player do y'all for one year?
Speaker 1: Right? I like? I like Glen fin Get one of them jobs. He nice though, he finish, Get one of them jobs? He nice? Yeah, right off? And he's crazy to right him here. Don't get enough credit though, because that defense is all hurt, banged up. It's still balling. Yeah, but Glenn crazy, Glenn is nice. They got this team. They're gonna be probably biggest matchup Detroit.
Speaker 2: What's gonna happen against the Packers. We're gonna beat shot the Packers. They got nothing for quarterback hurt, they all banged up.
Speaker 1: They ain't bet nobody for the season. It's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna beat on there. I think it's gonna be Eagles in the uh dis champion game. Yeah, you can say that. You could say that. You say that Sam.
Speaker 1: Donald gotta show me still who Sam.
Speaker 2: I just gave this whole analogy the other day, Man, I say, yo, tell him how that sh would go on?
Speaker 1: Y'all sport.
Speaker 2: A really really good player that's been balling for some years, right, but this year he's in a slump and he's going on like.
Speaker 1: An eight six seven, eight game slump. Ain't playing well.
Speaker 2: Eventually, though, this real good player that's confident that he gonna bounce back. If you're a sorry player for like six some years, go to a new team though, right, a new beginning in your seventh year with a really good coach, and within like I don't know, eleven to twelve games you balling. But when that bad moment comes, eventually, though, that bad player gonna be the player he is. So I'm thinking, like, Yo, how y'all just forget how bad off. Somebody is having a good moment, but it's somebody that's nice. You don't forget his his weaknesses, or you don't forget when he did bad because I woul thinking like when Lamar Jackson. They love to bring up all his playoffs and all that shit. Oh he don't wear the playoffs right now, that's true to that. I think you got like two PLAYLF wins. But dude, like Sam Donald, it's like y'all all believing this. Dude, Yeah, twelve will get thirteen good games. Think you're talking about painting you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You're gonna pay this dude. He's been trans for years. But then a good ass running back or good ass wide receiver, you don't be paying him. That's why I hate with all like this. They play these games. Politics more players in there, it won't be going like that. Mm hmm. Yeah, Sam, got to show me some Wait you you from you from uh Texas, Texas? So you're from Texas. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I thought you was from Atlanta at first. I've just lived been living there since two thousand and three. Yeah, man, and you're from you from my heart as well. North who's that I doing real estate?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I mean, so I got got some big ship coming up, and so right now I'm helping players to go back home and develop in their hometown because no, I don't care who the person is. Nobody's gonna be a bigger star than their hometown. It's not supposed to be, right. So I'm teaming up with you know, NFL PA, you know, meeting with them and different investors. One of my best friends, Aaron Donald, he got you know, two affordable projects, right, so a lot of things are affordable housing.
Speaker 1: I got like two or three right.
Speaker 2: Now going and I go to these news neighborhoods, right I won't even say the names yet, but a couple of players is really really good. Go to the city, I meet with them, meet with their mayors and all that, and we get you know, respectfully, we'll get a discounted price on lots because we're trying to develop them. You know, we got money, you know what resource, We're trying to develop these lots. So just the next you know, Matt Barnes and up up north, they might have a shot. Because his living situation is not the best. Now he comes to the projects where it's supposed to be like, oh we losing the projects to now Oh damn, don't get in the projects too. Oh yeah, because it's all news. Marble floor is all that, right, that's dope and some good money in it. So now you're going back home helping your community out and you're making money, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So now we slow this narrative of when X players.
Speaker 2: I don't know how basketball it is, but a lot of dudes they go they got no more money when they done. So now bro, you're making money and you giving back to your community, and the NFL could be a.
Speaker 1: Part of that. I define you about the NFL, and that's the hardest flaying capital. When you look like us, you always want to have to put your own money in.
Speaker 2: So I mean I'll do that too, though, Like right now, before I got like through funding, I was doing a lot of my own I got a good team behind me and all that. But I see I've seen them out of work, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Build your starting offense with NBA players just skilled players, just skill plus, So like, who would you have as your tight end?
Speaker 1: I did this with a Okay, okay, check it out. Check it out.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say the position, you say the player, Okay, tight end, and he gotta be some from the NBA, NBA, Yeah, okay, tight in. I'm going with I need somebody like six eight small forward.
Speaker 1: I'm going with a hockey more from the Lakers. Yeah, because he got his body frame. You know what I mean? Alright, who're going with? Is your quarterback?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Quarterback? All right? I need somebody that can move around a little bit throw you know what I mean. I'm going a man and man as your quarterback. Quarterback, let's get it. Do you know what I mean? Who's your running back?
Speaker 2: Oh? I need somebody that's tough, right, but I want to shift the running back right, little year old step you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But physical.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I like brunching up. He I don't know how fast he is. He quick though, I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 1: Nah No, I don't know to take the hits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tyry nice though that. I'm going Westbrook almost, that's good. And Peters that's a great pick. That's a great pick. Okay a p Okay, who's a p who's your receiving you?
Speaker 1: Man? You know who's your receive three receivers. Okay, all right, I'm gonna go with a shah mm hmm. Okay, that's you know, I mean, he got that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with him.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be in the slot though. Now I just want to outside. I need a bigger body, you.
Speaker 1: Know, go get her.
Speaker 2: Mmmm no, check that check that, check that check that he want I want to I'm going bron Okay, waiting, I'm going a slot, big body older. Now he ain't really now he kind of possessed and receiver breaking down. Okay, and then my fast ball. I need a fast ball.
Speaker 1: Oh what's dress boyfriend name? Because that he lets you know, Jayden jay Jayleen Green. You know what I know, nigga. I know he is young. I know he's nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's respect. I mean that if you if you go to, hey, what's the trade, young boyfriend? You know what I mean? Anyway, But Jayleen Ja Jayleen Green look athletic, crazy, athletic fast.
Speaker 1: He's fearless and he don't care what nobody think. He's gonna ball out.
Speaker 4: I like him, all right, since you since she did that, let's go to Billy up ultimate running back.
Speaker 1: Whose speed would he have? That's football. Yeah, all right, speed who speed with? Yeah, that's me running back. They gotta be either Jamier Gibbs because his current or Chris Johnson. Size size man, I'm going with. I'm going with be small. I'm gonna stay there. Henry, that's too big. You know what I'm saying. He's only him a strength, Adrian Peters Peter strength. Yeah, yeah, vision, my vision.
Speaker 2: I was about to say that, I knew you, about to say that, take glass. You can see your vision on my eyes low, but he said, come on.
Speaker 1: Stack TV going wrong. So Shady's vision? Whose hands? Marshall? Easy, easy call, easy call all you can go to the Damiens. They both had hands not getting at the backfield the day.
Speaker 2: It was crazy, right, But I think Marshall's yeah, feet, wait before I moves in it. Yeah that's no, no, no, no no, yeah, moves her in feet? Oh damn so move so yeah, Barry saying yeah, easy and dog.
Speaker 1: I got to I got one main man, Frank Gore, Frank, I like you. I was gonna say, Walter Payton or what's a good one. I was gonna say bo Jackson dog no dog dogs, Walter Payton and uh nobody did Brian Yeah, through his chest, Mike Austin, Jim Brown, that's hell of running back. The second you said, Jim Brown, Jim Brown, Campbell? What Campbell? Jimmy Jimmy was He's just respected, But I know he was nice.
Speaker 2: He was as big as the lineman, you know what I mean, Earl Campbell, Alter Peyton, he put hen.
Speaker 1: Arl Campbell was dangerous. What do you think about the boy from Arizona State? He got dog? Yeah, he got dog.
Speaker 2: He showed me that because he was doing a lot of crying and wine and the ship the whole game or the first half and the second half.
Speaker 1: He just stopped crying and he started throwing passes. What's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: He was real, but he did turn on.
Speaker 1: He got a chance in the league. Who's scannable? Uh he uh that's a great question.
Speaker 3: I got the same question about gent Yes, just yes, I think you don't think he got a chance.
Speaker 2: But let me just say, hear me out because it's sometimes we're like, you don't think the dude can, and then he do it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: But I think he's a you ever see like a really good college play?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know what I mean? So he's like that because I don't even super quick.
Speaker 2: I was watching this game. He don't really read the holes well. And he's big in the league. They big too though, like all that. You know what I'm saying, you know, and if I was about explosion and you know, I just I don't know. He ain't showed me showman's really talented.
Speaker 1: For you want to see, yes, you want to see. Gonna be all right. He didn't show. He didn't show no talent. He just did everything out there on the field doing the game. What I'm saying, he did everything, bro. He liked t bow like t BO was good at that. I'm good at college. He did everything out there, receiving, throwing them off, running, and he did it all quick hitter his first thing to come to mind. Let us know. Top five running backs of all time?
Speaker 2: Get serious, Barss Sanders, Adrian Peterson, Marshall, fault La, Damian Thomason.
Speaker 1: I like and I love O J. I know because of the juice I used to drink or juice. My dad said, you're gonna drink oh J juice. You did one album you can listen to with no skips.
Speaker 2: Man, Okay, this is that's my Lane. So I grew up a fifty cent fan, so get rich of trying.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go there. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go. Uh Biggie, I love Biggie. Uh hm nahs, I'm gonna go with what is that? It was red, it was written, it was Crazy Ji's album.
Speaker 2: Uh that ship first motivation. I still see that drink. I like these Coast Trapper do worry about this? I don't listen to West Coast. I know com dudes like Kendrick's nice.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But I like music. Who's Who's your childhood crush? Oh? Check? Oh? I hit my childhood crush twice. I can't put it on. That sucked it up. But she was, she's to be bad as fuck. What did she do though? What did she do? It was an actress? Okay, she was bad as ship when I had her.
Speaker 2: Now she's oldest and she reached for everybody.
Speaker 1: That's w a your child question. Everybody can't say that what I mean she was? She can to. I da, I'm trying. I'm twenty one twenty. That's why. Because she was older, way older than me. Some dread ship.
Speaker 3: Five dinner against that are alive. You plus five at the dinner table, say five dinner guests. Oh, it could be like famous or anybody. Yeah, anybody want at your dinner table.
Speaker 1: Oh man uh mister Lorrie he was owner. Uh h uh, my parents okay, uh and then my kids. That's fine. Yeah, we never nothing like that. That's fine. Family people you love. If you didn't play in the NFL, I want to answer, yeah, I don't know. What would be your job? What would you do? Yeah, because we might be workers, like co workers, teammates, We might be teammates.
Speaker 5: Ye like yeah, I mean you might be yo, get back on defense.
Speaker 1: You might be doing that.
Speaker 6: Yeah crazy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The person talking about now you know what for real? For real, Yo, I would be I would be bird Man that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be signing all the rappers in the city, city, state, the state. You know, I mean putting our young boys on. I'm a real leader. Yeah, how about I see.
Speaker 1: He was like, hey, man, I love the show. You got get a real nigga on there so much.
Speaker 5: So you don't bury it all smooth. I'm not yet who you got, mom?
Speaker 1: What you got? I'm like, yeah, real niggas on taught that football. I taught that sports ship. I'm like, niggas, you got a line for me. He's literally like like what me. You know what I'm saying. You know, I'm gonna get with you.
Speaker 2: Like the producers like sure want bird man this after he was getting all crazy, don't even want to.
Speaker 1: Show bird shout bird. That's that's the O. G Oh, that was some funny ship. He said that that seemed like a basketball game, saying that ship, what's your guilty pleasure? What you mean? Exactly what I asked. Somebody said yesterday said pussy, what's your guilty pleasure? That's crazy, man, my mom.
Speaker 2: Guilty? You know this is this is crazy. But like I'm gonna say success, okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You be feeling like.
Speaker 2: You can't even really even like because I'm a natural talk I talked ship, you know what I mean? And sometimes people like this is he's so arrogant, but my ship really be like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like little celebrate cats.
Speaker 2: You know it's crazy every time I use you all these examples, you know, people that got chemistry is doing anything. But you know, but but yes, process because you felt bad, like damn dog, you know I made it and like my main man didn't and it's a good point.
Speaker 1: I'm buying what I want. He can't. It's like I like that.
Speaker 4: I did that one guess that you would like to see on All the Smoke, But I had a couple seen post. But you have to help us get your answer on the show. I don't even know that Zel, but somebody else promised was Will Smith wherever you at. Yeah, you promised to get this Zel on the show, Will Smith, and we haven't seen you heard from you? So brother brother, rather than rather that he was that babe. You know we'll be in the game now. He gonna be the ego game to get with him. You know, I want to see wom because I want to. I want to hear what they got to say. Is one of my good brothers, my Adrian Browner. Yeah, Abs got a real story. You do you get shut out? Different a great superstarter?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? I need I need to get him on my boxing show for sure. That's my man. I'm a proash hit him up bout it. I mean, I hope you'll get him on that's my man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, bro, man, we appreciate you man, congratulations and all the success. Yeah, It's been fun man, watching your growth and working together. We're looking forward to hopefully doing some more stuff in twenty twenty five with you, bro.
Speaker 1: Got to continue success. The crush was crazy though. Yeah, man, I want that gumbo you talking. I'm gonna make it right now. I'm gonna make it right now. That's around Judy.
Speaker 5: Oh wait wait, hold, I got the book though, I got the book.
Speaker 1: I need another gift. Yeah, I got the book. A ready as some dripping. There's some dripping there. It's in my living room. Okay, Yeah, I appreciate you. We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: All my people, dog okay, all right, Oh yeah, we got the Philly loves all the smoke right here. Wait yeah wan to y want to the drink and it's Eagles Green to the game that you have to work that came out that the game Allian Wall out there?
Speaker 1: Oh they okay, yeah, going right up to the playoff game. Shout out to our sponsored draft Kings. The Crown is yours, The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: All the time I got to read. I gotta read all the all the joints, so I know, yeah, crown is yours. Deshon didn't read no, none of them, read them all, read them all. You can sell the Draftking Network and all the Smoke productions you too.
Speaker 1: See y'all next week.