Speaker 1: Walking about a territory. Ladies and Gutamen b red Socks walk it off at Fenway Park here tonight. Final score three to two, record approves to seventy and fifty nine. Doesn't it feels so good to be in the seventy win club. There was a time this year where we thought, man, we'll be lucky to even get to seventy wins this year. And here we are before September in the seventy win club. You gotta love it, man. This game tonight was extremely frustrating all the way through. This is a miserable game all the way through until the ninth thinning when they finally came through. I love Nick Sogard. I'm just gonna say that right off the bat. I love having Nick Sogard on my baseball team. I've tweeted that out, I think multiple times this year coming up with the clutch double. This guy so many times, time and time and time again, he just comes through. It wasn't even just you know, the double in the ninth inning. It was before that bases loaded situation, the Giants looking like they could be adding some insurance runs. He makes a great diving stop to prevent any runs from coming in and then he comes up with a double.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: This guy is just so solid. I love having Nick Soguard on my baseball team. Can we please just start saying that I gotta make a shirt. I love having so guard on my baseball team. Man, Eli White, you know this is a guy where when we got up at the trade deadline, you're thinking, oh, okay, all right, Eli White, all right, sweet, all right, we got rocksmen. Cool, all right, we got Eric Miller. All right. Took a lot to get those guys, but all right, cool, Eli White, all right, yeah, perfect, he's gonna give a he's gonna give SETTI will you or whoever's playing in the left, you know, a day off here and there come in pink shit appearances sometimes, you know, pink shrun bud Eli White getting the party started here in the ninth inning here tonight, Eli White, big shout out and will you or bray you? This guy was having a miserable night here tonight. A guy was striking out left and right, had many, many big opportunities here tonight. Couldn't come through anything until the ninth inning, till the ninth thing. Got a little help, got a little help the catcher not having his foot on the plate fully, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to get the job done. Good to see him come alive in the ninth inning. Good to see it. Man. The magic just continues with this Red Sox team. Magic just continues. And you know what, shout out Patrick Sandoval here tonight. I really thought this was gonna be another Pittsburgh Pirate outing where the guy was getting slapped around, left him right, and you felt like, at one point here tonight it was just gonna come off the rails. But the guy settled in and he locked it down. The bullpen came in, locked it down. The bullpen, the pitching here tonight gave you a shot, and the offense paid him back big time. Here tonight again, you know, not the cleanest win, not the best win of the Red Sox year, but an exciting one and they dug deep and they got the job done. Gotta love it, Gotta love it. Thank you everybody for coming on out here tonight. Very exciting win here tonight at Famway Park in the yellows. What was the last time they were wearing the yellows? I can't remember. It feels like like months at this point, I can't even remember the last time. Did they wear him last I can't remember. I remember that they just kind of stopped wearing him for a little bit. I don't know. Also, before we get into the post game, you might be noticing, Robbie, what is going on with the layout here? What is going on with the screen? Where are all the nice graphics? Where are all the motion graphics showing all the stats? Unfortunately, the host website where that's all hooked up, where it's connected to all of the stats on MLB dot com, all of that, you know, all of the I don't even know what you I don't know. I'm not good with technology. But what the host site that has all of that is down and it's gonna be down for the next couple of days. So we're going retro mode here. We're going with the old layout from last year. Unfortunately, it's uh, it's all I got for right now. I could still use the the the the layout that we use for every game, but uh, it just says website not available, try back soon. So I thought this would be a little better than just staring at that. But uh, hope that's okay for the next couple of days, because that's all we got to work with until they get their site back up. I guess there was something where I don't know. I guess they're splitting with the host site or whatever is going on, and then so they have to like transfer data and everything over the next couple of days. It will be fine. It's just a process over the next couple of days. I don't know all that mumbo jumbo. It is what it is. But in the chat andres, I think you said it perfectly. An ugly win. It was like an ugly but beautiful win. You know. It's like almost like I'm trying to think of something. It was like one time where you know, how do I explain this. It's like when you get like a sub and it's just a mess and it's just all over the place, stuff falling out, but it's freaking delicious, you know, it's great, it's fantastic. Everything just hits perfectly. It's kind of fallen everywhere, but you're like, wow, this is really good, you know what I mean. I don't know if that's the best example, but that's how this one felt here tonight. Just a mess, just all over the place, but you got the job done in the end, right. Gotta love it. Gotta love it everybody. Thank you for coming out here tonight. If you can't hit the like button for me, subscribe if you are new, and I think we have a super chat here to start things off. Let's see what we got here from Colby. One of the years Sandoval kept you in the game. Big shout out Sandoval, Big shout out Patrick Sandoval. Here again, I thought this was gonna come off the rails here. He gave up a couple of homers. Felt like the command wasn't there. He had some high pitch counts in some innings, but he locked it down and there he just made a simple adjustment. In my opinion, maybe he could have made something mechanically at some point. Not so sure, but there was something with his pitch mix that I did notice a little bit. But yeah, absolutely Sandoval kept you in the game. You know, win of the year. I don't know if I put that as the win of the year, to be honest. I think that one against that one against the White Sox was pretty good. He had the Caleb Durban and go ahead home run against the Orioles. That one was good. So, I mean, you got a few of them, but I think really the point there is this ride for the Red Sox this year has just been amazing. You've had so many great wins, You've had multiple wins of the year. That's how fun this has been for the Red Sox. So that's how fun it's been. One more super chat before we get things going here, Apollo. We all think Trevor's Story and Or is getting bought out for five million in twenty twenty eight, right, you know, you know, trying to stay in the moment, trying to think about what we got going on here. But you know, I've wondered about that, what's gonna happen with Story next year? You know, even guys like Masa, Right, you just wonder how that's all gonna shake out. It's gonna be interesting. It's gonna be interesting, especially you know, if Arius ends up getting a chance and he shines, you know, we'll see it's gonna be an interesting offseason obviously, just on top of everything going on with the CBA and everything like that too. So, but as for now, hopefully Story can come back and he can contribute. I am I would think that he's gonna be back here at some point in the next week or two, at least, I think at late the latest a couple of weeks. But I think you maybe could see him by next weekend because you have a day off this coming week. So we'll see, We will see everybody. Let's get to it here again. If you can't hit the like button, subscribe if you are new. We're gonna keep this short and sweet here tonight, because again, I don't really have all of my usual all of my usual resources at hand here, so we're going we're going pretty old school with this one, Ladies and gentlemen, We're just gonna show the good old box score I i'llp he dot com. Oh man, this is like kind of depressing. I've been really liking all of the tools and all of the graphics I've been using, so it feels kind of depressing to go back to this. But what can you do? Man, technology, technology? But Patrick Sandoval, you know what, Actually, let me, uh, let me pull this up here, let me see here, let me let me pull up the stat cast for Patrick Sandoval so we can take a look at kind of what he was what he was doing here tonight. Right and again I said you know, he made one pretty key adjustment. We'll get to the offense in just a second, but I do want to talk about Patrick Sandoval here now. With Sandoval using six different pictures here tonight, But the first time through he was mainly going with the sinkers for seamers, sliders and the change ups. But second and third time through he started I noticed at least he was more using he's more so using three pitches, simplified things a little bit more. He decreased the four seamer usage and leaned more on the sinker slider in the change up. I think that was actually probably just a good idea with Sandoval. He's always struggled second and third time through the order. I've said it before, I feel like Sandoval is like a perfect multi inning kind of a guy out of the bullpen, like he's a perfect long reliever. In my opinion, He's a guy that, for the most part, he's always been able to get you through about five innings, even going back to his days with the Angels, right, He's kind of always been that way. But here tonight he was able to make that adjustment and he was able to get it locked down. Now. First inning williadomas twenty first home run absolute Moonshot left a sinker right down the middle of the play that made it one to nothing Giants. And then the Giants over the next couple of innings start driving up the pitch count a little bit. Eighteen pitches in the second inning, thirty pitch third inning. Andrew Kisner with a home run in the third inning that made it two to nothing. He left a four seamer right at the top of the zone. But after that, well, he did run into a little bit more trouble here. Barracotta with a strikeout, He gets him, and then he walks. Rafi Adamis with a bass hit Eldrick with a walks, So you got the bases loaded here. But then he strikes out bossibly and then he gets Lee Junghu lead a ground out to Wilson. Shout out, Wilson, Contreres looked pretty good with the glove here tonight over at first base. That was one hundred two miles an hour off the bat and Wilson making the snag. To be honest, I can't believe he only gave up one run. I thought he was gonna melt down in this inning. So big shout out for him to really knuckle down here. To me, this was huge. This is a huge part of this game here tonight because one ball gets through and who knows if we're even celebrating this right now. And then he had a quick fourth and fifth inning. He had a ten pitch fourth, a one two three fifth inning only took eleven pitches. Then the sixth inning, Eldrick shot a lead off base hit, but then bossib junghu Lee they line out, and then after that Greg Weiser came in and that was the end of the night for Patrick Sandoval. Five and two thirds, five hits, two earned, six strikeouts, a couple of homers. Again, it looked bad at the beginning, but he settled down ended up having himself a pretty solid evening if you ask me. And then the bullpen. You know, I'm not gonna spend too long on this bullpen, but Wisert Miran they held down the seventh and the eighth and why olds. He got into a little bit of trouble in the ninth inn, got into a basis loaded jam. But Nick Soguard, Man, Nick freaking Soguard, I absolutely love Nick Sogard. My goodness, hard hit ball to him, diving stop, incredible, incredible, Nick Soguard, Man, you gotta love this guy. I love having him on my baseball team. Now for the offense. For the offense, listen, ladies and gentlemen, you know, there's not really a whole lot to talk about here because they couldn't do nothing. They couldn't do nothing against Blade Tidwell. Holy cow, Blade Tidwell looked good, and we just talked about it last night. I said, it's gonna be interesting to see what he looks like because he's ran into command issues of this year. He's been up and down, but when he's been good, he's been good. And he looked good here tonight. This guy was just dealing a lot of sweepers, getting a ton of swing and miss. He kept them, really the Red Sox off balance all night, really going sweeper first, kind of working backwards here tonight and then just keeping him off balance between four seemers and sinkers. Right. They just couldn't. They just seemed wobbly all night. He was doing a great job. He had a one two three first inning, he struck out the side. Third inning, Monasterio popped out Gasper with a hit by pitch, so Garb with the bass hit SETI with a walk, so he got an opportunity here, and then Williors strikes out. Looking it looked a little high. I thought maybe he would challenge it, but he didn't. Fourth inning, Wilson with the bass hit, but then Rushman strikes out Durban with a double play one two three, Fifth inning, six inning, got a little something going here, so Garb with the walk, SETI beats out a double play. But then Williors strikes out on a curve ball. And that was the end of the night for Blake. Tidwell. He was good here tonight. Five and two thirds, three hits, seven strikes, got to a couple of walks, and then the righty Carson Seymour comes out of the bullpen, and then Wilson lines out the third base. Eighth inning. This is where I thought, ah, man, this you felt like the air left the building. Felt like the air left the building with this one huge opportunity wasted. Hear in the eighth inning, Gasper he stays hot lead off, double thought maybe he could stretch it into a triple, but then he held off. He held on, He held up at second base, so garb with the walk. In comes Dylan Smith out of the Giants bullpen for Carson Seymour really just a minor league reliever over the last couple of years, but he's been very good since getting called up. E Al Ray at a two point seventy three over eleven strikeouts per nine and you saw that here now said he had a base hit off a sweeper. But after this he said, all right, I'm just gonna go I'm gonna go after these guys with my fastball. Williard strikeout swinging on a four seamer.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 1: Wilson strikes out on a four seemer on the corner, and then Rutshman a hard hit ball, hard hit liner to center field, but right to Gilbert out there. So huge opportunity wasted. But but we got the ninth in it. Of course, we got the ninth inning to talk about. My goodness. Durbin with a walk, and then here comes Hanksious coming in for Smith. But then he hits Jones, Jamai Jones coming in. Hit by pitch. The guy just sprints down to first base. The man loves getting hit by pitches. He's just like just like happy. Gilmour in the batting cage just steps in front of the front of the pitch and he's like, oh yeah, gotta get ready for hockey season. Jami Jones loves getting hit by pictures man. But then Monasterio ground Baldebasab just beats out the double play. So that was a big part of the sinning as well. So good hustle there from Monasterio. You got runners on the corners. And then we aren't still gonna play the clips, ladies and gentlemen. It's not the usual look, but we're still gonna play the clipp eclips. All right, here comes Eli White coming in, coming in for the pinch hit appearance. Let's take a listen. White has been very good in these situations in his career, a three fifty one career pitch hitting average and White score Isturban Monasteria. The second White delivers with a pinch hit RBI single and it's a two one ball game. Now, Eli White, Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I want to look up a stat really quick. In his career in high leverage spots, he has not been very good in these spots, only hitting one eighty six in high leverage situations. And if I'm looking at his ops in these situations only a four forty one one ops. Four forty one ops, my goodness. But as a pinch hitter in his career has a nine to sixty three ops. So the guy just loves coming off the bench. She when his number gets called, he's like, all right, I'm gonna go hit the freaking ball. Gotta love so, yeah, nine sixty three ops in his career as a pink hitter, that's very good. Coming up with a big knock there that scored the Red Sox first run. And then here comes Nick Sogard, the three to two pitch so hard left.
Speaker 2: Stereo scores.
Speaker 1: Do things so hard more time in two got on top of that one, and emotionally this is huge for the Red Sox. They feel up they're gonna win and they find a way. So guard has been huge, man. And taking a look at the numbers with Soguard overall on the year so far, hung your nineteen. AB's hitting two seventy seven with a three to ninety two on base. This guy's been getting on base like crazy, seven seventy nine ops overall, Man, oh man, you know you know who. He kind of gives me. I'm trying to think he in a way like you remember the two thousand and three Red Sox with Todd Walker. He almost makes me feel like that, Like Todd Walker was a guy like you had just this incredible lineup in two thousand and three, like one of the best lineups of all time, some of the best numbers of all time. And then Todd Walker was a guy that was like hitting towards the bottom but was just really good. You know, let me, let me pull up the Todd Walker numbers. Is this a good comp you know what I mean? Like he's not like superstar by any means, but just really good. Todd Walker in three hit two eighty three that year had a seven to sixty ops. Is that just me? He gives me Todd Walker vibes Nick Sogard, I love it, I love it. So Guard's awesome. But of course there was more. Here Here comes will your bravebody's standing, brave wan o'clumps there hold him through. He is at the night drinks sucks, winning three on the loom of calf. Now again, Willier had a really rough night here tonight, you know, looking at the box score here with Willier zero for five. He had four strikeouts on the night, a horrible night, and he only hit this ball eighty miles an hour over to Eldridge elk Dridge. Probably not the best throw he could have made, but it would have been there. Unfortunately with Kisner, his foot was just in front of the plate, so runners safe. Gotta love it. And also that's another bright side of Eli White, right, you're bringing this guy in. Obviously, it's great that he comes up big in the pink shit spot. But what's great is he gives you that speed right. He doesn't just give you the speed in the outfield right where he can chase down some balls. It's aggressive base running like that, you know what I mean, Or that the other team forces them to make a play right where they got to make a good play. And in the end it is what it is. Red Sox win final score three to two. Record approves to seventy and fifty nine over five hundred at home for the first time this season, or is it the first time? Even if it's not the first time, it feels like a very long time for crying out loud, huge way for the Red Sox here tonight. Absolutely massive. You felt like, you know, this one was just gonna get away from you a couple of times, and they dug deep and they got the job done. Just another great win for the Red Sox here in twenty twenty six. With that said, ladies and gentlemen, I'm gonna take a quick break. We do have a couple of words from tonight's sponsors. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: For the families out there looking for a new path to help your child succeed, take a look at K twelve Powered Schools. K twelve offers tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. It's all in a setting that works for your family, and K twelve has been around. They've been a leader in online education for over twenty five years, serving over three million families with flexible education options tailored to each child's needs, interests, and goals for the future. K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction and they provide real time support. Hey, we've heard Todd father on here talk about how his kids have gone through homeschooling and it's really helped them. For a family that is very much on the move. During his playing career, so you can see how K twelve powered schools can help unlock your child's full potential and roll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K, the number twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve dot com slash foul.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a look at the standings, ladies and gentlemen. Goodness gracious, how about these? Uh again? With the old school here? Going old school, we're looking at the regular standings on MLB dot com. I'll tell you what, though, when we do get the normal graphics back, I got something fun. We have a new addition with the graphics. I'm very excited to show all of you at I can't wait for it. It's awesome, it's awesome. I'm not going to give any hints or anything. You're just gonna have to wait and see. I'm very excited about it.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: We should have those back I think Tuesday, Tuesday, so stay tuned. So the standings. The Yankees drop one here today, they dropped to the Blue Jays and Dylan Cees, final score four to three. Over there, the Red Sox are now three behind for the first wildcard spot. Man oh Man now looking at the division. The Rays, they dropped another one here today. So the Red Sox, you know, obviously, you know it's not looking promising for the division, but six out, who knows, a meltdown possibly with Tampa. We've seen them lose a lot of games in a row a couple of times this year. Who knows. You know, if you can stay within range, maybe the division could be had. But right now, I think realistically we have our eyes on this wildcard a few games behind here with the Yankees coming up, you got a big series coming up here. Let's try to win this one here tomorrow. Let's go for the sweep here tomorrow. So the third wildcard spot. The Rangers and the Guardians are now tied for the third wildcard spot. And look at this Blue Jays team. Man, you know, they make a couple of trades, trading away Gosman, trading away var show, you know. And here they are half a game behind, Twins, half game back, Orioles game back, Mariners win again, a couple of games back. Look out for the Mariners. Shoot the Tigers, even though they've lost four in a row, they're two and a half back. Unbelievable race here for this third wildcard spot. This is gonna be insane how this finishes. Now, let's take a look at Game two four tomorrow. Now we're gonna we're gonna feast our eyes on mister Matt Wilkinson, the tug Boat's he's been all the what's the what's the phrase I'm looking for? He's been all the rage these days. He's a very popular, very popular young pitcher out there. Obviously, he's a he's a he's a big boy. He weighs two fifty six foot one. But this is a guy that he's pitched pretty well down to the minor leagues this year. Let me actually pull up his stats. Now, remember he went to the Giants in that trade. With goodness, gracious, I'm going blank for the catcher. Why am I going blank on his name? Patrick Bailey crying out loud. But remember that trade happened like very early in the season, and Wilkinson he went back in that trade. Now, before he went to the Giants, he was pitching pretty well down at double A for the Guardians. I mean it was only six starts, but he was striking out over eleven batters per nine el ray under a two. But after going to the Giants Triple A affiliate. He pitched well at their Double A, but at Triple A over ten starts he had an elray in the fives. And then he got called up with the Giants and they only gave him a couple of innings. But he looked good. He looked good, and actually, let me see if I can pull him up on prospect savant. It looks like I can now. Down at Triple A, he was giving up a lot of hard contact, wasn't getting a lot of guys to chase, wasn't getting a whole lot of swing and miss gets a lot of extension, though he was getting a decent amount of strikeouts. Wasn't walking a ton of guys. But you know, this is a guy where obviously the Red Sox that they pressed here tonight for offense. But you know we're going off of these metrics here down at Triple A. We'll see now. Also another question is how long is he going to go? They only give him a couple of innings last time? Do they do the same thing here this time? Do they give him a little bit more on We'll see. But when it comes to the pitch usage, you're gonna see four seemers. You're gonna see sliders. He does have a good slider, a one oh six stuff plus score on prospects avont that is very good. Uh, he's gonna have a cutter and a change up in there as well. So I think right now, that's been probably the issue with him, especially down at Tripalea, just not really a whole lot of pitches to work with at this point. You know, his fastball has been good, it's gotten good results, he's got life on it, he has extension, he's got the good slider, but he seems to be lacking really that third pitch at this point. So and even though the slider has had good stuff, it has not been a good results pitch for him this year so far. So again, you know, we'll see how this goes. Does it end up being just a couple of innings, We'll see, We'll see. But either way, he is fun to watch. He is fun to watch. Now going for the Red Sox, we got Jake Bennett. Now, last time with Jake Bennett. Go over the last couple of starts. He has been kind of laboring a little bit. He didn't go very long against the Pirates on the road, he only went four innings, five hits, four earned. He did strike out six against the A's. He did go into the sixth inning, but he gave up four earned on five hits, three walks. So the command hasn't been as strong over the last couple of starts. The pitch count obviously got up a lot against the Pirates. So for me, we've talked about it a couple of times where it seems teams are picking up on him a little bit more. We've sat it a million times. He goes four seamers up in the zone, change ups down. He'll work in the strike zone with the sinkers right. But I wonder if he starts working in a few more breaking pitches here, it's a kind of make him a little bit more unpredictable. I'm wondering if we end up seeing that. He did have a side session on the mound at Femway Park this past week, so you don't usually see that very often. That kind of told me that something maybe feel wise right, you know, kind of wanted to Obviously he wanted the session to be intense, So I don't know, like kinda tells me like I don't know, he wants whatever he was working on, he wanted to try and make it stick as much as possible with an in game kind of a feel. You know, is pitching in the bullpen, sure on the mound, like, well, that's where you obviously pitched, right. So I'm intrigued to see how he does here tomorrow, very intrigued to see how he does against these lefty bats like Raffi, who did not have a good game here tonight. He went over here tonight, Eldridge. You know, got these big lefty bats there. That could be a pretty tough matchup for those guys as well. We'll see how this goes. But everyone, we are going to take one more quick break and then I'm gonna come to the chat. We're gonna hang out a little bit. But with that said, I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Sea Geek is the official ticket marketplace for Major League Baseball, and anytime you want to go to a game, you should go to Sea Geek. I used to call the director of team travel, I used to call the traveling secretary whatever they want to be called KP to try to get a seat. But on Sea Geek, I can pick my own seat and I can pick where I want to sit instead of being told where to sit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great option.
Speaker 5: And summer is coming to an end here soon. I'm going out and finding all the day games possible, all the warm weather cities so I could stay in this tank top I can watch very competitive baseball as the calendar turns in two fall. I want to make sure that I get the most out of this tank top and warm weather and Sea Geek is where I would go and get my seats.
Speaker 4: You can use code Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at SEK. That's ten percent off MLB tickets with promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 1: All right, what do we got going on with the chat ladies and gentlemen? What do we got going up? Christopher Bennett needs a good game? Yeah? I think he's, I mean again getting back to the Femway park side session. You know, it feels like he really wants one too. Something hasn't felt right for him, I think over the last couple of starts. So yeah, and way like I saw a lot of people saying, oh, that's very odd. He's pitching on the mound at Fenway Park for a bullpen session. I love it. I love it. Let's bring that intensity up, man, Let's get everything as close to in game situation as possible. Oh op, oh my goodness. In the chat, that catch from Will Turner. I got to put this up. Oh my good did did we see the catch from Will Turner here today? Will freaking Turner? Who's Will Turner? You might ask, well, Red Sox prospect. Let me actually pull up his numbers before I pull up that video now with Will Turner, he was a seventh round pick a couple of years ago. He's not having an amazing season down to the minor leagues. He's got fourteen homers, but he's only hitting one eighty nine. But this catch here today, you have got to watch this catch. This is insane. I can play this because these are minor league highlights. Look at this catch. This is insane.
Speaker 2: Just about any level, it seems like for the Red Sox. This one is crushed deep to left field. Turner leaves up and oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: He loves him. That's insane. That's that's like one of the most to the same ketches I've ever seen. Like he scales the wall, jumps up, he's fully extended, He's coming down like it was basically still. He's starting to come down a little bit like this insane, Like that is one of the most incredible catches I've ever seen. I gotta play this sea got any level.
Speaker 2: It seems like for the Red Sox, this one is crushed deep to left field, leaves up.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, he loves him. Insane ketch. Insane. Uh, we got a super chat coming in. What have we got going on? Super Chat City? What do we got? Evan? Monasterio's finally struggling a little bit when story comes back. How do the abs gets split up? I don't think you can totally bench Mona. I've talked about it a little bit. I feel like with Monasterio, I guess it's like I've heard people say, move him over to second base, but I want to keep so Guard in this lineup right now. You know, I can see them sharing second base a little bit. So Guard in Monasterio, but you know, DH, I mean Monasterio. Obviously, the defense at short hasn't been great. It's not like a whole lot better. It's it's better at second base. But to me, I want the guy to focus on his bat. Now, now that you said that, let me pull up the stats. As of late, you feel like you haven't heard a lot of Monasterio with the bat too much. Now over the last fifteen games, he's only hitting one ninety six with an ops right around five hundred. So yeah, he has cooled off a little bit, and you feel like it's perfect timing with Story coming back. So I feel like Monasterio again, you rode that hot bat. Right, That's what the Red se been doing a lot this year. It's like who's the next guy up? They've been relying on that a lot in multiple spots, right. I mean, like you know Jamaike Jones being an example, right, that guy coming through a couple of games. You know, so Monastereo, he had like a long stretch where he was looking really good. So I think he's probably gonna go back into that role where you play him against lefties and then he probably shares second base a little bit with so Guard and then uh and then Story you put him a short and then I think all eyes at that point are gonna be on story and Arius. You know, Arius is hitting well down in the minors, you know, yeah, I think you'd like to see of course, you know, you know, on a rush him by any means. But uh like one thing with Arius, like if we're looking here, you know again with Arius, he's so good, but I'm thinking about it from the red Sox point of view, is moving really slow right now, Hold on, Franklin, Arius prospect savant, you are killing me right now. There we go. All right, So if we're looking at his metrics, obviously you're seeing a lot of reds. I'd like to see him work the counts a little bit more, if possible. Like he is very aggressive at the play, he doesn't strike out, he makes a lot of contact. I'd like to see him work those counts a little bit more, not chase so much out of the zone. He's a little below average there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: One thing, he doesn't pull the ball very much. So obviously you think with your right handed hitters you'd like for them to have that pull ability. At Family Park, he hasn't shown that too much extra pla so far. I'd like to see that get going a little bit more, not necessarily, you know it doesn't. It's not the end all be all, but I wonder if the Red Sox would like to see him try to make a couple of those tweaks before they fully give him some run again. You got to see what happens with Story here, right. If Story comes back and he's hitting well, then you know there's no need to rush Arius at that point. It's gonna come down to Story. So lots of eyes are gonna be on him over the next couple of weeks when he comes back, and then you go from there. So Joe averso, can you believe Durban is hitting two fifty five?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: It's incredible? It is incredible. Taking a look at the numbers with Durban? Uh, how do I get there? We go, let's go to the complete stats. He's hitting two fifty seven. Now, he's hitting two fifty seven man oh Man three twenty eight on base seven thirty one ops. Overall he ranks. If we're going to the last let's say, what was it. It was May twenty eighth, he came off the bench. Since then he ranks top ten in fangraft wins above replacement with a two point nine. I mean that's ahead of Shoe heeo Tani with the bat that's ahead of Alex Bregman, and Bregman's been hot, was speaking. I remember a lot of people a little bit ago they were getting onto Bregman like, oh man, like, what kind of a signing is this? We brought this guy in for this much money. Cubs fans relivid. He's been red hot over the last couple of months. So, but you know, Durban has been right there in terms of production. I mean, shoot, Durbin's got a better overall wins above replacement than freaking Wilson right now. Obviously Wilson is the better offensive player, but defensively, Durbin's just been so good over a third base. So the fact that he ranks this high over some of these other guys since that date, that just shows how good this guy's been. Now. Offensively, yeah, there are guys that are better than Durban since that point, but the overall game, he's just contributed so much to this team. So love it, love it, love it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: But everybody, I think I'm gonna wrap it up right there. I'm gonna wrap it up right there. Again. We got the old school graphics here tonight. My stuff's not working so I gotta wait a couple of days for that. You all know me, with technology, I can never get anything to work. And this always happens to me, always happens. But do want to thank everyone for coming out here tonight. Let me actually double check just to make sure I didn't miss any super chats. Oh we had a member from Tom Divine has become a monster member. I did not see that. Hold on, Tom, we gotta play the music. We gotta play the music. Do I still got the music? Hold on, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta the music. Hold please everybody, because we gotta hold on. Thank you Tom Divine for becoming a moster member. Appreciate that, my friend. Appreciate that, my friend. But with that said, I'm gonna sign off right there. We'll be back here tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen. Let me actually check the game time. Do we have another night game on tomorrow? Oh? No, okay, We're on at three point fifteen tomorrow afternoons, so we'll be here right around six seven o'clock tomorrow evening. But with that said, everybody going joy the rest of your Saturday night and we'll see tomorrow