Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Messer, a long term Stanek. Let's get you some stocks on the move for the week. Overall, it's been an interesting and full week. Joining us right now is Jordan Fitzgerald, who's Bloomberg News Equities reporter, joining us here in studio. So where do you begin?
Speaker 4: I think the place we go every week? We got to talk about sand Disk.
Speaker 1: I know, right today was bizarre.
Speaker 4: Today was crazy.
Speaker 1: Do we know why what happened? Well, let's why. Don't you explain what happened and then we can kind of get to what.
Speaker 4: So SanDisk shares surged more than twenty percent earlier today. The company did report results that really impressed the market. The second quarter revenue did beat, and then they just suddenly paired and people weren't quite sure why. But we're still able to close in the green up six percent. Most stocks would be real to have a six percent game, I think on the day. But you when you had such staggering highs earlier, it's maybe a little bit disappointing for some investors, and.
Speaker 1: Sand Disc gout for the week more than twenty percent.
Speaker 4: Sand Disc up since it's IPO more than sixteen hundred percent. I know it just I just eleven months ago.
Speaker 3: I'm fascinated by this company, and certainly there's an AI story in all of this as well, So it's it's fun and interesting to watch Microsoft.
Speaker 4: For the Microsoft. Speaking of big tech earnings, Microsoft had its worst week since twenty twenty. It also reported results earlier this week. Shares closed down eight percent week over week, and it really just comes from expectations that the market had for Azure growth. It just wasn't where people wanted it to be. And with this AI race so tight, and when you do have you know, companies like SanDisk who don't do the same thing as Microsoft obviously but are part of this bigger AI ecosystem like really outperforming, then they want to see known giants like Microsoft really deliver as.
Speaker 3: Well, especially when you're spending so much. Right, I think it was an Azure up a thirty eight percent or something in terms of growth, but it was maybe not enough considering all the spending that's going on there. All right, let's go to something different. It's a space we talked about a lot this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Humana, what helping with humanity?
Speaker 4: Humana, Like we said earlier this week, it really just comes from Trump administration actions to freeze payments to these Medicare advantage plans that involve private companies like Humana, and so humanic closed down twenty seven percent this week. That's the worst week for that stock since since two thousand and nine. And Humana, you know, I think some investors were hoping that it would have recovered from low as we've reached earlier this week, and it kind of just didn't really get there, and so it was one of the biggest laggards in the S and P five hundred this week.
Speaker 1: We've time for one more, I think we do. Yeah, okay, let's talk shoes.
Speaker 4: Let's talk shoes. I mean, I've got my ugs on right now. I'm helping to deliver this for Deckers.
Speaker 1: Howbody says Decker's outdoor, They say Uggs and Hoka. They always forget about Teva, Tivas. Oh sorry, Maybe that's why great shooes too.
Speaker 4: I do own all three, but I think the business there maybe isn't as big and with the freezing temperatures in New York City this week. I think Ugg's on everyone's mind, but best week since twenty twenty four. Decors up nineteen percent, and it really does come from boosting their earnings and sales forecasts over this strong delivery number in Ihoga and UG brand.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.