Speaker 1: All right, kiss FM here this morning, I'm gonna get into what we should be looking for in the next couple weeks and months.
Speaker 2: El Nino is coming. I've got Josh Dumel on the line.
Speaker 1: Last time we spoke, Josh had just got married, I think literally days before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was not too.
Speaker 3: Long ago, mid September.
Speaker 2: Probably, yeah, I think that's probably right.
Speaker 1: And I was just saying to Cisiny and Tanya here, I was very excited to have.
Speaker 2: You on it. This is not just a normal catch up with Josh.
Speaker 1: Dumel about his latest project, buddy Game Spring Awakening.
Speaker 2: This is about us working together.
Speaker 3: It's sure as pal, it's sure as you were very generous in lending some of your time. And I don't know if you've seen it yet, but you come off great man.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I thought it was a lot, right, you know, all of the material that you asked me to work on for this one, right, because I mean, I'm always looking for my big break in features and you're.
Speaker 3: A natural and I can tell you workshop that thing for a week.
Speaker 2: Well I did.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I had to play the role of me and I'm not comfortable as this Meantania know, I'm just not comfortable with me anyway, So to play me was the real star.
Speaker 2: Was the fact that he kept you in the movie is a good sign, you know, I guess.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I think you'd be very happy. I really do well.
Speaker 1: I love the cast. I love all these guys in the cast. So this is a it's actually, you know, this is very funny. It's buddy games at spring Awakening. This is these guys, and I guess you go relive spring Break, but you realize it's not it's not how it used to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, they they sort of accidentally happened upon spring Break. They they're they're one of their best friends, who was played by Dax Shepherd the first movie passes away at the opening of the movie, and part of your job in the beginning was to sort of tell the world because he was an up and coming actor and he was a guy who was had enough notoriety that he was able to have guys like Seacrest announce his passing. So in you know, right at the funeral, things sort of go off the rails and they end up stealing this earn because they disagreed with what the family was going to do with its ashes, and they sort of flee the funeral with the urn and a certainly end up at spring Break. I may find out soon soon after that that, you know, time has passed them by a bit, because the kids now don't party like they used to. You know, it's not it's not it's not beer bongs and elliot world.
Speaker 1: I just want to play a clip here of the movie Buddy Game Spring Wakening. Well investigations are still underway. Initial reports indicate that the Emergency Star was attempting as stunt to prepare for his upcoming role as Harry Houdini. Allegedly, mister Dunk, I don't want to give it away, but that's part of aust A live re enactment, and everybody.
Speaker 3: It was like live theater right there.
Speaker 1: I still got it, right, I got it, got it. So listen, bro, life just seems to be good.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You're you're just sort of I feel like you got a little bit of everything that you wanted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what you're you're you're you're right.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I've always dreamt about directing ever since I first got into the business. It was something that I felt like I could do. But you know, just just the acting. Getting into the business itself was a huge undertaking. And after all these years, I took a stab at it a couple of years ago and the movie went really well and we got another chance to make another one. And you know, I don't know what. I don't know if it's because of a control freak or what, but I just love the idea that I get to shape the story, you know, I get to tell something that I mean, listen, we're not making high art here. This is a really fun move. It's a dude comedy. But weirdly it scores higher with women than it does men, which I didn't.
Speaker 1: Because because they want to see what these guys are doing when they go on their boys trips.
Speaker 3: Well, no, what it means is they're just as naughty as we are, not more. But yeah, I had a great time. You know, I love these guys in the movie, Nick Schwartz and Kevin Dylan, Dan back at All, James ro Day and and Dox was so so generous in participating in the first one, and you know, we just we just have a lot of fun, you know. And and and it is sort of like I always love the idea of what would it be like to go back now as a middle aged man and and sort of accidentally drop in on one of these spring Break things. And it's true. I mean that they have been passed by, but you know what, they still hold their own. They still hold their own.
Speaker 1: Well, anybody it's got a visor, you know. I see that you gotta have a visor when you go back to spring Break.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a dead giveaway that you don't belong.
Speaker 1: Really, Josh Dumel with his buddy game Spring Awakening ins like theaters day.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the little cameo in there. It was so fun to do and continued happiness my brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope you enjoyed the movie. And thank you for letting me come on and talk talk about it. This is great. You guys are the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited for this.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Always take care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is one that I think Bobby and Michael and I should watch.
Speaker 2: Ticket guys. Yeah, tell them, tell them. I'm excited. Josh. Cool guy. He's very laid back, right, Like, he's got laid back, cool vibe, super cool. You know, I'm like Instagram kind of friends with his wife.
Speaker 1: Well, he's like one of the first celebrities I ever met in my entire life, and if I.
Speaker 2: Were tall, I would like to be him. Do you guys have the same vibe? Really, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to.
Speaker 3: Me, hard I've said very kind.
Speaker 2: Well today, that's really good.
Speaker 1: Okay, Disneyland tickets are next