Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Noah.
Speaker 3: Ny called me Ben. We are joined as always with our super producer Dylan the Tennessee pal Fagan. Most importantly, you are here. That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. If you are listening, fellow conspiracy realist. On the evening this publishes, May I be the first to say Happy Halloween. That's right, guys, it's.
Speaker 4: October thirty first, Yes, yeah, when this is coming out as you are hearing this, I think we will be well on the way to hang in with our pals Langston and David at their live show.
Speaker 3: My mama told me here in Atlanta. So if you're hearing this early enough and you happen to be in Atlanta, dig come say hi at the show. They're at a Facebook City Winery.
Speaker 2: It's where our offices used to be in Pont City Market.
Speaker 3: Correct shares the parking lot. Yes, pro tip on that one taken Uber. We also we're also excited to share us some correspondence we've been looking forward to for quite some time. We'll have a brief Complaint Department letter from home. We're going to talk a little bit more in depth about a satellite we mentioned earlier this week. We're going to get into some weird software, the Chinese variety. But before we do any of that, NOL, there's something a fellow conspiracy realist put on your radar.
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed on our radar for sure. And we're going to hear from Beth W. When we come back from this quick word, and we're back with a message from Beth W. Hipping us to a quite disturbing story, the kind of thing that would not feel out of place on like an episode of American Horror Story or something along those lines. And not to make light of this type of tragedy at all, it's just the level of macabre ness of the story really does kind of make your mind wander in those directions.
Speaker 6: So a little bit of a trigger warning here.
Speaker 5: This does involve a pretty disturbing death of a young woman in Halifax, Nova, Scotia. And here comes Beth's note, Hey, guys, maybe for your strange news segment. Aha, we preempted it by putting it on our listener mail segment to honor you, Bell, you could share that an employee of a Halifax Nova Scotia Walmart died and what appears to be an incident where she was baked alive inside the bakery oven on Saturday nights.
Speaker 6: As we read this, this would have been last week.
Speaker 5: Very perplexing as these usually have fail saves allowing an employee to get out while inside and the door is don't automatically locked when shut, it needs to be manually turned on. You can definitely use my name and info on air. BETHW Did you guys heard about this?
Speaker 2: I did. I heard that it had happened, but I was honestly too nervous to read the article because this sounds like a true horror story as you're saying, and couldn't be a better day to be talking about it.
Speaker 5: No, it's very true, and our thoughts are with the mother of this young woman, who, unfortunately and even more disturbingly, was the one who found her daughter after having been exposed to this horrific situation that took her life.
Speaker 6: So young too, absolutely nineteen years old.
Speaker 5: Halifax Regional police have now released more details about the workplace death of a nineteen year old woman at Walmart. The woman this is coming from by the way CBC article written by staff. The woman, who was an employee of the store, was found in a large oven belonging to the store's bakery department. A Lease said in a news release on Tuesday afternoon. The investigation has not reached a point where cause and manner of death have been confirmed, and they have not released her name. There is information floating around that this woman and her mother are members of the Sikh community and had actually moved to Halifax, Nova Scotia from India to kind of start a new life. That's all we have currently as far as their identities and their community background. Sources have told CBC News that the oven bakery or does not lock. It is a commercial oven, commercial model that is large enough for a human being to step inside for mass bakings of bread and.
Speaker 6: Pastries and what have you, a commercial kitchen situation.
Speaker 5: A statement from a Walmart spokesperson said that the store has been temporarily closed while we cooperate fully with the investigation. This is from Amanda Moss, who is a representative of Walmart. She said that employees will continue to be paid for their shifts they have been scheduled to work while the store is closed. In an email to CBC, she said, we will consider alternate work arrangements in the event the store remains closed for longer than anticipated period of time. The Provincial Department of Labor said that it was providing twenty four to seven virtual care to employees, including grief counseling and trauma counseling at an off site location. There have been tributes to the young woman. Balbears seeing Is, the secretary of the Maritime Seek Society, said on Tuesday that they the organization has been in touch with the mother of the nineteen year old girl and again had learned those details of their immigrating from India to Canada around three years ago. Her statement reads, it's a really tragic incident. Everybody is deeply hurt by this and we were waiting for the police investigation to come out. Constable Martin Cromwell said of the investigation that it is complex. We just want to encourage the public be patient with our investigation, to be mindful that there are family members and co workers involved, and there was another piece that I found by Rebecca Lao writing for the Global News that indicated.
Speaker 6: What I had said. The mother of the young woman is who actually found her.
Speaker 5: It says here in that piece of quote, a young beautiful girl who came to Canada with big dreams. Is how a nineteen year old Halifax Walmart employees being remembered as her friends and family struggle with the devastating details of her death. A lot of this information is again coming from the maritime seek community. The officials involved in the investigation have urged members of the public and employees fellow employees at the Walmart to not be tempted to read into Internet rumors. As we know in a situation like this has been often says in the absence of facts, speculation thrives, So that.
Speaker 6: Is absolutely happening.
Speaker 5: I found a pretty robust Reddit page citing some of the articles that I mentioned, and with a lot of folks chiming in about the preventable nature of this death. One user wrote in I work in a bakery with a walk at oven. It should have been unplugged before cleaning. There is also a handle release on the inside. This is absolutely a preventable track. A couple that were really stood out to me. Again, I hate that I just said, don't lean on internet speculation, and then I go about reading several pieces of internet speculation. But I do think there's something to be said about people who have worked in these types of environments before giving their personal perspective. So let's not be rumor mongering here, but I do think some of these posts are of value. The craziest part, one other users said, is that it happened at nine thirty PM. No baking or cooking in either Delhi or bakery should be taking place at any Walmart at that time. Cleaning, yes, the walk in ovens have multiple steps before they are turned on. Here's a speculation this has to be foul play.
Speaker 6: A lot of the.
Speaker 5: Speculations coming from TikTok. As another user points out, this is the first that I've seen mention this idea of this should not have been plugged in, and this is after hours. I never worked for Walmart, so I don't know, but that's crazy. If the oven wasn't even supposed to be on at that time, one makes you wonder how this can happen. How does one get trapped in a walk in oven? What's the safety protocol? Who was responsible to make sure nobody was in the oven before turning it on? My deepest status goes out to her family, rip Walmart employees, pray for her that this.
Speaker 6: Never happens again.
Speaker 5: A lot of these things are very valid, and it does kind of, you know, attract the mind to the notion that this could well have been orchestrated in some way because of the whole how you get locked in unless it was just like a perfect storm of malfunctions. A lot of people are calling for this closure period of Walmart to extend to other Walmart bakeries and then incorporate a new regime of training to reassess these kinds of safety protocols.
Speaker 6: So I'll leave it at that. I think that sums up the story pretty well.
Speaker 5: We don't have a whole hell of a lot of additional detail, But guys, where does your mind jump to when you hear some of these initition reports.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm looking for the in this time of tremendous tragedy, maybe we could add something that is at least slightly positive. It is very smart to institute a new training regimen. Right A young lady has died in a preventable death. In slightly positive news, if you go to the go fund me for the family for the surviving family members, you will see that they have raised quite a bit of funding to help support the family. And I think it's terrible that there has to be a GoFundMe in these kind of situations. But if you were listening, you're familiar with this story and you have donated, thank you for doing, you know, the right thing and helping. I just can't imagine, you know, finding your own child in that of an And it reminds me no a bit of the terrible what's the word used earlier? The macabre historical situation of refrigerator death right right, which launched an overall comprehensive redesign of refrigerators. That was when people, often children, would go into a refrigerator and then find themselves locked in. But we're saying this is not the case. We know that the body burned, but was there has there at this point been any indication of maybe cause of death before? Was there suffocation or asphyxiation involved?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't have that level of detail yet, though from everything that I'm seeing, it does appear that this was a not burning alive, but like death by you know, overheating. I can't imagine what the state of her body would have been. You know, even if it was on a low heat and the and the door was locked, you could absolutely die from you know, a heat stroke of some kind, even if you weren't actually burned alive. I mean, I sure hope it wasn't that, but either way, it's a horrible, slow, and terrifying way to die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't know yet, but we do know. It's an intensive investigation. That's why the Walmart is still closed, fully, right, I mean that's the whole point, yeh, gathering as much details as they possibly can. I want to point one thing out, guys. There are over four thousand, six hundred Walmart locations inside the United States. Correct bakeries have been included in many, if not most, of those stores that are called like a supercenter, you know, that have all the food, like the grocery section and everything. And this is the first time I've heard of anything happening like this. And I don't mean to be on Walmart training side, but like, obviously they're doing something right. That constitutes a whole lot of workers who are dealing with the ovens on a daily basis. Right, this is the first time we've heard of something like this. It does feel like something is going well there. People understand how everything functions for the most part. I think maybe in my mind that's why this makes me lean towards something was off and it wasn't just a malfunctioning piece of equipment. That's what it. I mean, that's what makes me feel that way.
Speaker 3: And just for a further context there, I love that you're pointing out the numbers in the US. There are four hundred and three Walmart stores of some sort in Canada overall. So again I think despite that lower number, the point earlier established does hold. This is highly anomalous.
Speaker 2: Exactly because there's going to be small differences just on building code and things like that right between a US Walmart and a Canadian Walmart. But ultimately a lot of the equipment is going to be similar, if not exactly the same.
Speaker 5: Number sent this is something that we will definitely be keeping an eye on.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Another thing that's seems to be pretty common in the discourse around this is that there would appear to be a pretty good case for legal action here.
Speaker 6: No matter what might have happened, wrongful death, what have you.
Speaker 5: Because if it was foul play, you know, who knows what that will amount to. But if it was just some sort of horrible malfunction or breakdown in safety protocols, safety procedures, or training, that's going to ultimately be on Walmart. But we also know that Walmart and companies like them have access to top notch stables of attorneys that will likely get this settled out of court and then, you know, kind of make it go away, which is sad, you know, when these companies don't have to answer for things like this. And I'm not saying that there's some systematic neglect of this magnitude, you know, on a you know, company level with Walmart.
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously they've got a lot of issues, but I.
Speaker 5: Don't think that they're intentionally trying to burn employees alive and walk in ovens. But whatever the case might be, some is going to fall to Walmart to answer for this. Well, on that note, let's jump to a word from our sponsor. Thank you, BETHW will be right back with more messages from you.
Speaker 2: And we've returned, and guys, we're jumping to the emails again, this time to a message from Fatigued and Flying. And here is our message. Fatigued and Flying says Fatigued and Flying. Here thought y'all would like to see this. A Boeing manufactured satellite quote exploded after experiencing a quote anomaly. Barring any current expectation of Boeing, does this say anything about a foreign assets ability to remove satellites of opposing forces? Something we've talked about. Fatigued and Flying keep the greasy side down. Fatigued and Flying, it's fun.
Speaker 6: To say that.
Speaker 2: Oh and and we got a link you guys. It's a link to a CBS News article from October twenty third, twenty twenty four by Carrie Breen. And here's the title. Boeing satellite explodes in space after experiencing and quote anomaly. So let's just go through it real quick. Well, first of all, have you guys heard about this? Did it pop up on the news feeds?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mentioned I mentioned briefly in our Strange News earlier this week. The yes, yeah. First off, fatigue of flying, man, I love it when you write in. And you guys know, I've got this aviation session going. One of the most cynical but still chuckle worthy terms I've heard for this in the industry is r u D Rapid unplanned disassembly.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, that's really great.
Speaker 3: It makes you wonder how often stuff like that has to happen for there to be an abbreviation for it.
Speaker 2: But or the way they describe explosions sometimes as instantaneous and high energy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I dated, I dated someone like that. Okay, but like to your earlier point, Yeah, we've talked about some of this in the past. There's a lot going on in space, and we know that rival powers have been kind of diplomatically showing each other that they possessed the technology to knock something out of orbit. But Matt, from my understanding, the reporting seems to say this is not the case, at least what I've read.
Speaker 6: What have you seen?
Speaker 2: Well, let's go to the article that fatigued and Flying sent us. It says that the US Space Force is tracking debris in space after this Boeing satellite exploded. And they say it exploded, Okay, very clear about that. It didn't malfunction and turn off and they couldn't access it or something like that.
Speaker 3: No declining orbit or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, the satellite went boom, So keep that in mind as we're going on here. The satellite is titled the Intel Sat thirty three E. It was launched back in August twenty sixteen. It provides communications of ross Europe, Asia and Africa. And again they keep describing it as experiencing an anomaly, and that is according to Intel Sat. That's the people who manufactured and control this satellite. They put out a press release as it happened, and we can get to that too. We can tell you how to find that, but we're staying in CBS News for a moment. Attempts were made to work with Boeing to repair the satellite, but on Monday, US Space Force said, no on, I'd exploded, right, okay, so what do we try to repair what's happening? You have to imagine sometimes the way a satellite works, Like if you're working with this SYNC, you don't have a video feed of the satellite flying through the air. Generally, maybe on some of the newer ones, you could attach cameras to the satellite itself that you would use and get a you know, continuous feed from the satellite itself. I mean especially as a spy satellite or something. You're gonna see, Oh okay, I've got a video feed, but you're not gonna have a camera on the satellite. Does that make sense? You can't watch it flying through space. You just have to connect to that satellite systems to confirm that it's still up there working properly. And I imagine on the Intel Sat side, you're like, oh, guys, we can't seem to connect to the Intel Sat thirty three E. I'm not sure what's going on. We're not getting any readings, we're not getting I can't send anything to it. What's happening? And then you know, somebody like Space Force comes along and just says, oh, yes, we've been tracking the debris field. Or you would listen to ross Cosmos, which is the Russian side that stated on October twenty second that they have been tracking eighty pieces of wreckage that they say constitute the destroyed Intel Sat thirty three E. I don't know, okay, So then it makes you wonder Intel SATs people didn't understand immediately what was happening. They didn't understand that this satellite had exploded. What are the mechanisms that can just make a satellite like that go boom, And the first thing that comes to my mind, you guys, is running into some kind of wreckage the way of the way we've talked about the space debris that already exists in orbit and done, you take much exactly a fairly small piece. And we should even mention this, guys, this is a huge satellite. This isn't a tiny little one like you imagine some of the newer ones that have been going up with SpaceX where they're launching, you know, dozens of smaller satellites. This thing, according to Intelsat's own press release when they talked about it in July twenty sixteen, this thing had to be shipped on an antonov An one twenty four now, ben through car stuff and through your other expirations. Have you heard of that one in particular? That plane?
Speaker 3: Yes, not an expert, have never been on one myself.
Speaker 2: But it's it. It reminds me of the sea, is it the C one thirty? No, what are they called the giant the giant cargo planes.
Speaker 6: That the US uses.
Speaker 2: See big boys, the big boys. Yeah, it's like that, but then even larger. It's it's Russian made It was actually designed you guys, by the USSR back in the nineteen eighties, but it was flown on one of those and it was the only way the satellite could get from the Boeing manufacturing facility to French Guiana, where it ended up being launched for the European Space Agency. So it was it filled the entire cargo space of the largest plane available in the world.
Speaker 3: Oh and this is the thing, folks, even if you're not aviation nerds like us, it's good to look up the ant ANDOV because I believe, Matt, that is the one where the whole it's like, I think it's the whole front opens up. I almost said the whole butt, but the whole front opens up like a deep sea fish.
Speaker 2: Both sides can open up, so you can like really pack that baby in and then close it up. It's it's crazy looking and it's absolutely massive, and this satellite basically filled the entire thing. So this is a huge thing flaw like just flying through space up there and it just explodes, which just leads to more speculation, obviously, and we can't who knows what happened will likely never know because it will probably be classified to some extent if there's actually something nefarious that happened. But if if it was just a malfunction, what the heck was the satellite doing? What were its capabilities? It seems to be just a communications satellite, at least on paper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the uh, that's the badger in the bag, right, that's our space pickle. It can be difficult. It's almost like nuclear energy development versus nuclear weapon development. The same capabilities that a satellite can have for communication can be weaponized. So unless you're inside those meetings or you're read onto whatever they're actually doing, you just sort of have to take them at their word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ben, I feel like we're gonna find out that there's some kind of clandestine and hey, I'm joking when I say this, Okay, I feel like we're gonna learn that there's some clandestine airbus agency that exists, and their entire existence is based on taking down Boeing in every possible aspect, right, So like taking out the satellites, making sure there's space capsules don't function, making sure their planes fall out of the.
Speaker 3: Sky, just getting a ticket by a window seat and fusing with the seal. Yeah, they're called the Airbusters.
Speaker 2: No, we are joking. That is not real.
Speaker 6: We are joking.
Speaker 2: Gosh, man, it's they just couldn't have worse luck or the worst business practices that you know, end up coming to light like.
Speaker 3: This, those poor Russians in the windows man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh. And why is it Boeing? Is because Boeing made this satellite. It was manufactured by in there Elsagundo, California.
Speaker 3: Facility, and like you said, in partnership with Intel SAT, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and then in partnership with the European Space Agency.
Speaker 3: Also brought to you by Church's Chicken.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yes, and quarter pounders with cheese only sometimes do you get sick?
Speaker 3: That's the new tagline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So well, is it possible then without casting aspersion? I know all four of us have been reading about this, Is it possible then that some of the same manufacturing defects or issues with quality control on Boeing commercial craft could have transferred over to like is there is there something nefarious of foots like in you know, a foreign power or the Airbuster's attacking or is it a problem with design?
Speaker 2: Right, well, let's learn a little bit more about Intel SAT to think about that. This is from one of their press releases when they put out on October nineteenth, twenty twenty four. And actually let's go over this press release in a little more detail. As we get to that thing, we're just discussing their bin, like what could have been the problem? Why would somebody even target them? First of all, they noted that there was a service outage for their customers, and this was on October nineteenth, So what who are their customers and was the service outage under the about intel sat peace there on the press release, it says Intelsat's global team of professionals is focused on providing seamless and secure satellite based communications to government okay, NGO and commercial customers through the company's next generation Worldwide network and managed services.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a vague at all.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. With a giant satellite that's up there providing communications to always I don't know why. I think after our episodes on NGOs, every time I see that phrase show up, I see something show up where it's a non governmental organization, my brain says, oh, spine, but it's not that, and that's not what that means. My brain has that association.
Speaker 3: I think we're a little programmed at this point. Yeah, yeah, our immediate what if questions and there's nothing wrong with it. There's a reason we hang out on this show. But also, Matt, just to give you the reassurance there and for all of our fellow listeners this evening, that is not an implausible or unreasonable question. It has a very good one when it comes to satellites.
Speaker 2: Well, especially considering certain hot conflicts that are occurring in Europe right now. You know, there's this country called Ukraine, this other one called Russia, and in North Korea.
Speaker 3: There's as Israel.
Speaker 2: Whatever, it's fine.
Speaker 3: I can't wait till Liechtenstein comes in.
Speaker 2: Man, there's some stuff going on, is what we're saying. And having satellite communications when you're operating, let's say, away from major cities in hot conflicts, it's really nice to have that satellite communication available. Well, if it's not available, you could disrupt operations in the air, on the ground and the CEE whatever. So there's a potential motive for somebody to want to take that satellite out if you could.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh, but this was the thing from that October nineteenth release that we were into. Sorry I got lost a little bit, guys, but it says the satellite experienced an anomaly on the nineteenth, resulting in a loss of power and service to customers. We're working closely with Boeing, the manufacturer, to address the situation. Based on the information available to us in this moment on October nineteenth, we believe it is unlikely that the satellite will be recoverable. So they really it seems as though they didn't know it had fully failed and turned into you know, bits.
Speaker 3: And this didn't happen immediately, Matta believe the satellite was only it was like halfway through it's expected what we will call service life. So they this has been up for a minute. They didn't shoot it out and then see a catastrophic failure.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah. August twenty sixteen is when it was launched, so it's been operating for quite a while now. So weird one, guys. I don't have much more but besides to say thank you so much, Fatigued and flying, what a great story. Thanks for putting it in front of us. I'm glad we got to follow up on this after we talked about it on Strange News. That makes me very happy, and we will We'll be right back with more messages from you.
Speaker 3: And we have returned. You know, folks, we often use our listener mail program as an opportunity to discover episodes with you in the future. We're grateful for your help. One thing to stay on the Boeing conversation here this really quickly. This is coming to us from Anonymous. Anonymous says, I am a Boeing employee and the layoff news is not going well. We haven't really talked about the timing of the layoffs and the reported losses of Boeing in conjunction with the unfortunate events up there in the rarefied air. Anonymous says, my area won't be affected until the second round. This means we won't be notified until December twenty first Great Christmas Present. We are trying to pick up rate on my program shortly after that time. So it makes perfect sense to fire a bunch of people right when you need to hire people. As you can imagine, morale is high. The way layoffs are being handled, it appears that it is totally a short sighted way to make the shareholders happy now without looking at the future of the company. Oh, we planned to make planes, faster, cut labor, save cost. Not really going anywhere with that. That's just an addendum, Anonymous. You've asked us to protect your identity there. We just want to share this because we're hearing from a lot of folks who are associated with Boeing in one position or another. And one thing I think we can agree is unfair is the way this stuff is often getting reported. It seems to imply that what's going wrong is the fault of the employees, and that could not be further from the truth for sure. Yeah, So with that, we're going to talk about some software you should bear apparently some stuff, some stuff that is clearly bad. This comes to us from our pal who has not chosen a moniker. So to protect your identity, we are going to call you agent Zanzibar Love. It is that cool? Yes, sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know them, you know them? So Zanzibar says, Hey, guys, listening to strange news in the lap today and had a few thoughts. First. Within the last few years, I have started diving into the world of sUAS sUAS small unmanned aerial systems drones drones for us the uncool and drones in the FAA acquiring a Part one O seven pilot's license. Congratulations zans Bar for drone commercial operation. One of the biggest discussions, says zan's Bar, is that the FAA, the Federal Aviation Administration, is considering a ban on all Chinese made devices. And this reminds me of our earlier conversation about those mystery drones out there of Virginia Way. I'm not sure exactly how this is legal or you know, whatever the calculus is, but Zanzibar says, the alphabet soup agencies may be concerned that a company named Dji has been mining information gathered from drones operating in the US land surveying building three D models of structures, monitoring construction, and that drones may have chemical spray tanks for agricultural applications that might be might be weaponized potentially. Why might ask sans Bar, certain individuals owning manufacturing companies in this drone space or autonomous vehicle space in general, Why would the folks doing that in the US be interested in a ban on Chinese devices? Could they be pushing governmental agencies to adopt a ban? Okay, first question, Chinese software hardware, drones where we at guys for it, or again, well.
Speaker 2: Remember we talked about this when we talked about vehicles, right, or we at least mentioned it in one of these episodes. Pretty recently, I think strange news where the US was considering banning all Chinese parts in all cars and trucks that are in use in the United States, right for some of the same reasoning at least, Right, So, I wonder if this is like a blanket thing that's coming across all the federal agencies, or at least an attempt to do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is fascinating because we have to ask ourselves what is the line between innovation and protectionism?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, there is, Like, look, if you're a fellow gearhead, then you know that Chinese auto manufacturers have some amazing vehicles that will never be sold here. Like they're crazy cool looking. I guess I have not just I have not entered one.
Speaker 2: Is maybe not safe?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, you know.
Speaker 5: It's everything's a trade off, right, Hey man, what's a little risk of bodily injury to looking cool?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sometimes just also try to have a feeling.
Speaker 2: You know, this isn't aside. My sister owns a Korean manufactured vehicle, and it is one of the coolest vehicle I guess I can say. It's an Ionic five. It's from Hyundai, and it just got in a terrible wreck, like a really bad wreck, with my sister in it. She and the kids who were in the car walked away just fine. They're fine. Well, I think my sister had like you know, whiplash and stuff, but that's just what happens when you get in an accident. But it was so safe in this pretty devastating wreck. So I'm just saying, like I think, vehicle safety this is a whole other conversation, But I wonder how much of that is smoking mirrors to some extent, or how much of it is really, you know, an actually safe vehicle.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, that's a great point. It's kind of like the conversation about live golf, right, which is the criticisms from rival agencies back in the day not too long ago, seemed to come on two fronts. First, yes, valid concerns about human rights and sports washing, and then second, donate our lunch. And so I think you're quite astute to bring up the idea that there may be there may be ulterior motives in pushing for a software ban, especially in a world where you already have satellites everywhere, as long as they don't explore, or as long as they don't experience rapid unplanned disassembly like you know what I mean, there's a we have to question the motive here. We also have to give a shout out to Tennessee pal mister Fagan, who in the chat just alerted us to a big fan of Chinese made cars. The CEO of Ford, Jim Farley, is driving a Shaomi SU seven and he loves it.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: It's a really cool car.
Speaker 2: L Yeah, Dylan just shared a link and I just saw a picture of it. It is a nicely sweet looking sports car.
Speaker 3: And it's from a company that is primarily known for making consumer electronics and smartphones. The technology war is real, folks, or at least the cold technology competition, right. We also see that, Zanzibar, you have some really smart questions and concerns here. In one of the big ones that you note, again we're summarizing your letter. One of the big ones that you note is the following. It seems, as with many other things, there are certain people with unreasonable amounts of money that can push alphabet agencies to adopt bands to benefit their company, which may be a more valid reason to ban Chinese equipment than that the Chinese are actually using these things to spy on us while acquiring very limited data. Because again, satellites are already you know what I mean, Satellites are already already up there. Satellites are blow it up ouch. So with this, I got to ask you, guys, do you think that the United States government should ban Chinese software and hardware on a large scale due to these concerns? HM shout out, TikTok.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: You know, I heard an interesting perspective on this, this notion that we hold popular foreign software companies, whether it be you know, things like social media or this type of thing, to a different standard than we like hold our own social media companies and software companies. Where it's almost like all of these accusations that are being hurled around at like byte edance or whatever. Let's say, TikTok, Facebook's been doing that stuff for years. You know, all of these these like there is no benevolence towards the consumer from domestic software companies. It's just not a thing it's all userists and trying to capitalize on people's vulnerabilities and whatever it might be. And then you get the product out as quickly as possible, make as much money as possible, and you know, safety and mental health be damned.
Speaker 6: I just don't. I don't think it's fair.
Speaker 3: I'm really stoked that you bring this up. I think it's a tremendous point. It's something that's been on one of my minds for a time as well. Like, so we know we can socially engineer and we can manipulate people through algorithms. To your point about mental health, Why right now is there not at least beat me here, Dylan? Why is there not at least one app that is social media in a way that is good for you? You know what I mean? Something that shows you affirming stuff, something that doesn't try to manipulate your base impulses. Is it just not profitable? Has just had? Did all the tech moguls wake up and say, nah, I'm gonna be in today?
Speaker 2: I just asked Google, are there any social media apps that are good for your brain and the AI overview? I guess that I got back from Google says no social media apps are not good for your brain.
Speaker 3: Just one, just give us one. We've got a lot of disaffected aristocrats and decay billionaires in the crowd. You guys do it. You know we don't have the acumen there. We're leaning on you and we want you to keep us honest. And that is why we're going to end our Halloween listener mail with a bit of a maya culpa, gentleman, a letter from home. We have offended our fellow conspiracy You realis Brock.
Speaker 6: Not Brock, not the brocnest monster, not Brockampton.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no no no no no.
Speaker 6: Not broccoli with cheese sauce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the brocconado, not broca flower.
Speaker 2: He goes Brock. Uh. Well, you may not know this, Brock. You called in twice in a row a little while back, and I guess you maybe butt dialed us or something. But there's a couple of messages where it's just background stuff happening, and it's highly entertaining.
Speaker 5: But I analyzed all of it with a very advanced set of audio tools, and I know what you're up to, bro.
Speaker 6: And if not me tell you, oh, I know.
Speaker 3: If my satellite was still up there, this would be a very different conversation. I said it whatever, Dylan, keep it in all right, But Brock, you are keeping us honest. We are a big fan of the Brock Andado. I don't know why I like that word, but we want to you know, we want to take accountability here. So this is what you sent us.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, rock and sponsor. And I'm calling because, uh, you reached an episode of the check Harbor UFO incident.
Speaker 2: That was a classic, right, Yes.
Speaker 7: Ben made uh dispairy dream or mark about somebody basically facing he's not at huff puffing maniac m someone who is a paint huffing maniac to defense. Oh no, reformed, still very taged, very tacked, very very uh very uh very defensive. H Anyway, good episodes, guys. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I think our reputation is repaired. I don't think that's a fatal wound. But yes, apologies to all paint huffing maniacs, which is why I thought that conversation was interesting.
Speaker 5: It would have been a nice in the background.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brock, Brockanado.
Speaker 6: Not here. Brock, I think you're a silly goose.
Speaker 3: I don't you can't look being a maniac does not mean you huff paint, and huffing paint does not automatically make you a mania. It does kind of for a second, for like eight minutes maybe, right, But you know, uh, there's there's some great paint out there. That's our main takeaway, you know what I mean, Who are we to judge? But we have miles to go before we sleep. We are keeping this one relatively brief. We hope everyone who celebrates has a happy Halloween. If you don't like Halloween, then we know, hope you have a great Thursday. I guess since you're you're in a fun police situation or whatever, make sure you.
Speaker 2: Have candy at least they'll little bit just in case.
Speaker 3: Just in case, don't get tricked. So big big thanks too, Beth, big big thanks to fatigued and flying to Anonymous, to Agent Zanzabar, and everybody else who took the time to contact us. We want you to join the cause. Out here in the dark. You can find us on email, telephone, and oh wait, what's this? After I just excoriated social media, we're also online.
Speaker 6: On the internet. You say, that's right. You can find this on the computer.
Speaker 5: Just point your computer towards the handle conspiracy stuff, where we exist on YouTube, where we have video content galore for your enjoyment and perusal. We also exist in that handle on x FKA Twitter and on Facebook where we.
Speaker 6: Have our Facebook group. Here's where it gets crazy.
Speaker 5: Do you want to find us on Instagram and TikTok? However, you can point your computer or smart device towards the handle conspiracy stuff Show.
Speaker 2: If you want to be like Rock, you could call us. Just try not to butt dial us, and do put this number in your phone before you call it. One eight three three std WYTK. That's our voicemail system. When you call in, you'll hear a familiar voice, a familiar sound, and then a beep. After that beep, say whatever you'd like. You've got three minutes, Give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your name and message on the air. If you've got more to say than can fit in a voicemail, why not instead send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 3: We are the entities that read every piece of correspondence we receive. Be well aware yet unafraid. Sometimes the void writes back. And if you like many of our fellow conspiracy realists are quarreling over finding the right nickname, the right alias, the right persona or moniker. Have no fear. Write to us directly and we'll give you one. You might not like it, but you know what in that case, if you write to us limited time offer just because it's our favorite day of the year. If you write to us now as you hear this, we'll give you not one, but three nickname and you tell us which is your favorite. Be warned, it's going to be very weird. Conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they don't want you to know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.