Speaker 1: Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanta way back home?
Speaker 3: Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and they termino and gay.
Speaker 3: We want to send you off in style.
Speaker 2: Do you wanna welcome you back home? Tell us all about ity scared her? Was it fine?
Speaker 1: Mal porn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to write to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need with Karen and Chris welcome tod you need a ride. This is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: And this is Karen Kilgariff.
Speaker 3: We have very important duties today. We have to mail a letter.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a that's actually a federal duty.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I'm gonna entrust you with because I'm in the driver's seat, so you have to be the runner.
Speaker 4: If I mess up at any point though, am I not committing a federal crime?
Speaker 2: Oh? I'll have you arrested by the Feds if you trip and fall and then my letter floats away.
Speaker 1: I'm saying letter, it's a bill.
Speaker 3: It's a bill, but it's handwritten like a letter.
Speaker 4: I whoever's receiving that, and I do believe it's Jerry and Don from reading that's right, Uh, the of the pump and well.
Speaker 3: Service, of course, Jerry and Don. Yeah, some of.
Speaker 1: The greats in that business.
Speaker 4: It looks it looks like they're about to get a sweet letter for Balentyne's nay.
Speaker 2: Dear Jerry, Hi, Don, Hi, it's me Karen, your friend from the well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If Don's right next to you, be sure to say hi to him as well.
Speaker 2: And surely the secretary, because this is an old fashioned business.
Speaker 4: Well, it's funny that you should assume that I would make a federal offense, because I do believe not having a return address in the upper left corner is jailable.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing about Chris Fairbanks is that you are like, oh, I know what he's all about, golf and skiing and snowboarding and all kinds of boarding. But I showed him this letter and said, I put this in my mailbox and it sat there and the mailman didn't take it, and now I'm late turning this in. It's so embarrassing, et cetera. And then he goes, probably because you didn't have a return address. Like someone who studies the coast.
Speaker 4: Action see article twenty seven postal document.
Speaker 3: Page forty eight.
Speaker 4: It skates clearly, etcetera, etceterasuonam or e plata.
Speaker 3: You forgot to put a return dress. Thank you. That was a if Willie Walker was.
Speaker 1: A postman, was great job.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, took some acting classes for commercials.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I have two things before we get into your acting career again, thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: One of them is this.
Speaker 2: I was cleaning out this car before we got in because I always forget how much true garbage is in this car. And also it's just kind of dirty in general, like it's a dog's car and not my car. So I was like, hey, how about given it the old once over for your friend's Chris and on lease. And when I did that, and most of the stuff that is on the ground in my car are the tape parts of a pet.
Speaker 1: Hair remover roller.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, it's all.
Speaker 1: It's everywhere around me all the time.
Speaker 3: You shed it like an onion and it gets sticky again.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes, So those little pieces are all in the back seat. And what I found today and a twenty dollars bill on a leash. Have you been leaving a twenty dollars bill laying on the ground in my car for days, for weeks.
Speaker 1: You meet me. What did you know it was there?
Speaker 2: My long it's because she keeps finding your teeth back there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, she's the very Oh my god, I.
Speaker 4: Forget what show it is, but there is a scene I'm where this guy has an audition and he shows up late and he's breathing hard and it's for trident, and he improvises a song.
Speaker 3: That says that's.
Speaker 4: About outside, bones, outside, bones outside by.
Speaker 1: That's Tim Robin. Oh no, no, sorry, that's Kimmy Schmidt.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yes, it is the funniest.
Speaker 4: And to make things worse, they say they gave you. You got paid a dollar from a demon that your parents no, try it. I have watched it over and over. I've never watched Kimmy Schmidt.
Speaker 1: Oh you'd love it. If you love that, you'll love that show.
Speaker 4: That guy so that I think I've seen enough to know she was living with him.
Speaker 1: I think his name is Titus Andronicus.
Speaker 3: He is there.
Speaker 4: Funny, so funny. I watched it over and over. Anyway, it made it brought back memories of yes that that in Santa Claus.
Speaker 3: The Tooth Fairy was enforced at my house.
Speaker 2: But to get back to my question on Elise, I'm sorry, no, no, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Did you know it was back there? No? I don't think that's twenty dollars Bill, Okay, you weren't just leaving there is like a trust test? No, But now should I say I literally took it and shoved it into my purse this session? I saw it all that. Now, now I know if you'd passed the tests round.
Speaker 3: It's funny I failed.
Speaker 4: I was going to accuse you of being frivolous with your twenties, and this is the twenty hanging out of your purse.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 4: I'm like, maybe it just flew out of your purse like this one, but that is the twenty in question.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling this is just a theory that our new best friend Aequila Hughes, who did an episode with us recently, probably this could be a theory. I mean, I don't know, we're well enough to theorize about her personality that she didn't pay for the coffee we got, and maybe she wasn't going to do a thing of like no, please take my money, so she just left it back.
Speaker 4: I I one percent just I think you're absolutely correct right that she has the most sound, well working brain. I think on an intimidating level where I'm like, oh, okay, we're dealing with someone that knows more than me and a little bit about just about everything, yeah, and can confidently talk to anyone, whereas I get crippled.
Speaker 3: With fear in many conversations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and not fear, but just like I'm gonna be quiet right now and just giggle yes, or try and tussle my hair and be cute.
Speaker 1: Your own hair work. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I give myself milgies too. It gets me out of a lot of sticky situations. But Aequila was one of those people that's like, oh, she's got a good working brain.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I guess yeah. To all that, it's like, so what would the coolest person do?
Speaker 2: They would leave a twenty back there like I'm not going to talk about it, I'm not gonna argue, I'm just gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Or was it a guest after that? Maybe it was Chris Garcia.
Speaker 1: He would do that.
Speaker 3: He would say, so of sound mine.
Speaker 2: I feel like the Chris Garcia day didn't we get McDonald's drinks right, So twenty would be.
Speaker 1: A little or kill, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: I there was so much sugar in that beverage.
Speaker 4: And I know I'm not telling any new news, but it gave me cricket legs and I could not sleep.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the caffeine.
Speaker 4: I had sugar in my ankles and I was trying to kick out the jams all night.
Speaker 3: And it was that was a sweet, sweet coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah was it was? That was a bit crazy.
Speaker 4: I last night speaking of being wrestled. Well, I guess I was just hungry. I walked in my neighborhood and I've been trying to experience more things.
Speaker 3: I know, since I stopped drinking.
Speaker 4: I'm coming to this podcast with fewer stories about near scuffles or anything.
Speaker 3: Really, but it's for my health that you're.
Speaker 1: Bored things to talk about.
Speaker 4: Besides yeah, exactly, I'm gonna venture out and see what happens. And I walked by a lot of people eating on the sidewalk. There's a pizza place by my street. I was like looking, I wasn't looking at anyone. I was just walking and this dog all of a sudden absolutely was focused.
Speaker 3: On me and thought that I was the devil.
Speaker 4: And I haven't had that like, I was just bragging about how much your dogs seem to love me. I think I've become someone that's like, oh, dogs like me. Yeah, as someone that grew up with cats and my mom was like, dogs'll bite you.
Speaker 3: And I had a lot of door to door jobs where I got bit by dogs. I have childhood dog trauma and I'm over it. Okay, I'm like no, I'm I'm a Caesar Milan type now.
Speaker 4: But this dog was lunging and growling and showing teeth, and the owners. What made it worse was their like, why why is he doing that? They were so confused, and that's what made me think, am I possessed?
Speaker 3: Right now? What is it that this dog sees that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was it. I wonder if you smelled like something, like a different animal.
Speaker 4: I was half a block away when he started lunging. They had to like hold the dog down. I wasn't wearing a hat. I was wearing a male carrier uniform because of my passion.
Speaker 3: That's because you.
Speaker 1: Were studying for the big test. Yes, you know, just.
Speaker 4: The law side of things. I don't want to go and hoof it out their door to door. I want a book keeping job at the mail service if possible. So I've been wearing the outfit.
Speaker 2: Oh it's crazy, and that feels bad, like you feel like you've been singled out.
Speaker 3: It's been bothering me. Yeah, I'm like, what is it? What did I do?
Speaker 4: Did you look at the dog? And then I realized I have to turn around. There's nowhere to eat. I'm getting near a restaurant zone. So I turned around and it was even worse on the way back. And that's and the people thought, maybe he is sketchy. Why did he walk by twice?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It just kept getting Yeah, I'm on their side the second time.
Speaker 3: Right, I had to get back home.
Speaker 4: You know, I could go down an alley, but at that point it's like, am I really this scared of this situation?
Speaker 1: Also?
Speaker 2: Could there could be more dogs or raccoons down that alley other threatening things.
Speaker 3: Right exactly? Or people with knives or swords?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: And I tried tussling my hair. Nothing was it doesn't work when you do it day And then I did that terrible hackey thing where I put my finger on my lip nothing.
Speaker 1: And one foot in near yes, yes, well behind you, yes, not just straight up in the air.
Speaker 3: I believe it's a semi curtsey.
Speaker 2: With the raised foot. Here's a piece of breaking news. Also because I had two beat the jacket that the woman who worked at forty nine ers Official Central, Lauren Lauren gave us a gorgeous jacket that we gave my dad for Christmas. He took a picture in it kind of sarcastically, and then he was like, that's crazy. He thinks it's the craziest most ornate thing anyone.
Speaker 1: Could ever perch.
Speaker 3: But on the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: But on the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: He gave it to my niece's boyfriend, uhh, who then gave it.
Speaker 1: To his dad who was at the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, yep, So it really found a like that guy's going to wear it.
Speaker 2: Yes, he loved it. He thought it was the nicest. I mean, it's a gorgeous jacket. It's just like my dad is that style?
Speaker 3: And I apologize, yeah, I know, neither's my dad.
Speaker 4: He like, I think he started freestyle wrapping and he's not good at it.
Speaker 3: When I had him wear it.
Speaker 4: And to think that that coat was sitting in my garage in the box that came in for way too long, which you know, I've apologized.
Speaker 1: Profuse No, I know, I've finally forgiven it.
Speaker 4: And it was probably like, em, is this my home, this dank garage with no electricity.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not. You're going all the way to the big time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was fostered for a while by your Yeah, isn't that cool? Yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, we all love a story that buttons up at the end. Yes, it's perfect one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And actually the jacket it's actually has snaps.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sorry, Well, you button it up and then you end it with a bad joke.
Speaker 3: That's how I tell stories.
Speaker 4: I wore my hat, my jersey with Fairbanks on the back, and the jacket all together and went to a super Bowl party and they were like, oh, so you're gonna get mad if they don't win. I'm like, oh no, I brought face paint to put on my forehead or the other team, or.
Speaker 3: Swifty or or Kansas City, Like.
Speaker 4: I wanted to do face paint, but I didn't get around to it, so I just looked like the jockeyest jock.
Speaker 2: You were there for all competitors, you were supporting everybody.
Speaker 4: Right in spirit. But I really, if I had done the face paint. I just liked the color red both teams, you know, oh got it. I just didn't get around to it. But I was gonna be both sides.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that would mean that you had just a full red face.
Speaker 4: I brought stencils and I was going to put I had face paint. I was gonna stencil the right phrase, and I just couldn't decide on it. And once you you know, I brought the makeup to the party. It's something I should have done before, right, I didn't never enough time. I'm not gonna paint my face in the bathroom of a home I've never been to.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but sorry with the stencil. Did you hear that that very high pitched whistle that I just said when like a southern hey you boy, hey boy, get off my.
Speaker 4: Craw oh you boy, that farm and crash boy. I know people that can do it speak rapidly. Greg Warren does a character in his act. Oh, it's like a corn farmer and he he it's so good, and he's obviously been practicing it since he's like thirteen.
Speaker 1: Well, I bet you he's the kind of person.
Speaker 2: Also that cauld whistle for like a dog from far away, right without using his hands, right, the.
Speaker 4: Kind of whistle my dad claims he never knew how to whistle like that. I could hear my dad's whistle from three blocks and I dropped whatever I was doing. Yeah, whoever I was talking to and booked at home, yep.
Speaker 3: Same, I don't know what my fear was.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, it's like you can't just try it, you dumb asshole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone was backing with.
Speaker 2: That backing out onto. We're on Ventura. We might as well be on the one on one.
Speaker 4: I blame these cameras because you know, I still I'm in an.
Speaker 3: Analog car without a without a camera.
Speaker 4: I when I'm backing up, I take off the seat belt and I wrapped my arm. I've heard this whole move. It's been called sexy. I ripped the safety belt off and I put my arm around the seat and I make full eye contact and I drive backwards.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't back up.
Speaker 1: I drive backwards. It's a brook a cross tail, yes, yes, yeah, yes.
Speaker 4: I'm like Donnie Brasco and I make full eye contact, but I'm going backwards.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I think though in this particular part of Los Angeles. There's a privilege issue where that person in their white BMW just wanted to back out when they wanted to back out, and it was like, you have to stop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have to go to Casa Vega. Get out of my way. It was in Once About a Time in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: I'm getting my hair straightened.
Speaker 3: And then I'm gonna get it curbed for the afternoon.
Speaker 2: For someone who does not like this town, I've lived here for thirty years.
Speaker 1: Next month, it's that sad you don't like this tone?
Speaker 3: Are you one of these day area people that doesn't.
Speaker 1: Like La Yeah, I got a real chip on my shoulder. This is Sony is here.
Speaker 4: This is the first I've heard of you hating your home. I love it here.
Speaker 1: It's just so phony.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you? What are you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: The Drew Droe Jay's character that famously said I don't like La Fay.
Speaker 3: Why am I forgetting her name? Chloe Samba?
Speaker 2: Actually, Chloe seven Young just did a really good She was being interviewed by like Variety or Vanity Fair or something like that.
Speaker 3: I think that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when she just lists, she's like, yeah, it's too bright, it's too that and she just lists eight things she hates about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but one of them is the sun. Yeah, it's like that. I saw a lot of people making fun of it. But everything she list did, I'm like, yeah, she's right, it's not a deal breaker.
Speaker 3: Have you been to.
Speaker 1: Other parts of the Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: Have you been to you know?
Speaker 2: I think she was doing the old La n Y comparison right, which I just don't think. I don't think that's a good use of anybody's time. There's no comparison. And if you're going to if we're going to hang our lives on the way bagels are made, then all is lost unless we live in New York City.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to even get close to the avenue of talking about pizza. Please, oh can we not talk about it? But I went to New York. I had a real slice.
Speaker 3: I get it. It was the best pets I'd ever have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't mean I'm going to put down a deposit.
Speaker 3: On a four by four s base to live in.
Speaker 1: No, you sure aren't. No, not GD town.
Speaker 3: It folds and it folds in, It doesn't droop. It's it's crisbean.
Speaker 1: Itselft is that the apartment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, there's there's a height of bed and and out and a noticeable dead.
Speaker 3: What what happened?
Speaker 1: Look what you're doing?
Speaker 3: What did I do?
Speaker 1: There's a mailbox?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I thought you were going to have me scrape up road kill or something.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Look what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Don't do Look what you're up to?
Speaker 4: Okay, I guess I'll say goodbye to this deer on the side of the microphone.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you. I would have dove out and be right back. Are you sure you don't want to put your return address?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Look at they hire me usps Hire me. I'm changing your us Hire me usps.
Speaker 1: Do you think that?
Speaker 2: Do you think it is a true a requirement that I just didn't know about?
Speaker 3: It used to be.
Speaker 4: From this mailbox, it's even more of a requirement. I think you're right in that. If you're mailing from your house and you put the little flag up, I assume you have a little snoopy flag.
Speaker 1: I don't have a snoopy flag.
Speaker 4: Oh well, then maybe the carrier did not search for a pickup.
Speaker 1: I just hate when you make excuses for them.
Speaker 4: You know, as a man who's you know I'm all for local government.
Speaker 3: USBs. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Good job, Thank you, thank you, don.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, well you just make sure these are still in use. These things as they look at pretty crappy.
Speaker 4: Right hey, these are telephone booths. I've done my civic duty.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I really appreciate it, because that was not going to get done.
Speaker 3: One of us is not going to federal prison.
Speaker 1: Hurry, you did not mishandle that.
Speaker 3: Let me securely put on my seat. God, hell of rules.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you so much. We got something taken care of.
Speaker 4: I'm I went to I went snowboard.
Speaker 3: I couldn't.
Speaker 4: I asked twenty people, will you please go snowboarding with me? I want to go snowboarding at snowing a lot. I couldn't find anyone.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: So I took my two wheel drive car with not all seasoned radials. Ooh, up to Mount Baldy, which is only an hour and a half away, and it is a steep rugged It's a heavy ass steep mountain. Yeah, double diamond all around. Not an easy way down. I couldn't believe. It seemed like I was back in at my home mountain. It was even steeper and old guys with beards like Telemark skiing. It's it's kind of like cross country skis where only your toes attached, but it's very Nordic and it's the kind like when you see Golande jumping and they fly forever and ever.
Speaker 1: Uh, Like, I feel like you didn't understand any of those words.
Speaker 4: Adie the Eagle jumping Olympic ski jumping, where the skis are kind of parallel to the body as they're flying. Like that's because the heel is not attached, it's just the toe and.
Speaker 3: It's harder to ski that way.
Speaker 4: You have to like lunge with each turn, your your your the trailing ski.
Speaker 3: Your knee is almost touching the ground.
Speaker 1: So it's like it's just a style.
Speaker 4: Of skiing, yes, and it's difficult, and yes, it's like old school purist mountaineering style because along with that also is the ability to put direct like skins and at one point I think it was real skin, but you can stretch it on the bottom of the ski, so all of a sudden it's grippy and you can climb cross countries, climb up a mountain, take those skins.
Speaker 3: Off, and then ski down. Oh, that's like a new thing.
Speaker 4: Even snowboards now are split down the middle, bindings rearranged to where they're like Telemark skis, and you you ski up on two halves of a snowboard, get to the top, reassemble it, and snowboard down.
Speaker 3: And it seems like a lot of work.
Speaker 4: And I'm someone that I'd rather get on a chair lift. Yeah, it's it's exercise.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and it one day I will be motivated enough to do that, but until.
Speaker 1: Now, it sounds like a lot of exercise. Though.
Speaker 4: Yes, And another way to get your heart rate up is to buy chains and put them on your bald tires and go up a mountain road because something about my car. I put these chains on, and it was sending all messages to my car because the differential, it's like a car's tendency, I think, is to go from the wheels that slipped to the wheels that grip.
Speaker 3: And they were slipping and there's chains on them.
Speaker 4: So my car just started lunging and beeping and I'm like, oh, my car's breaking until the moment I actually hit deeper snow and then it worked and I went up there. I snowbear by myself, and I had the best day ever.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: It was great, and then yeah, it was our halfway and then I came home.
Speaker 1: Well that's good. Yeah, Is that going to be your new hobby? Is that the replacement?
Speaker 4: It's so the whole ordeal, buying chains, paying for parking, and then buying a one hundred dollars lift ticket. I realized what a rich per and sport snowboarding is. And I don't know how I did it my whole life, never having money. I just saved it for that and went snowboarding and decided, oh, it's okay, I'll just eat saltines in the cafe. I the whole time I lived in Oregon and snowboarded every day. I had a bag of textured vegetable protein and crackers and mustard, and I drank Molt liquor. I think I probably spent fifty dollars total that winter on eating, which is something you can do when you're young. And I hiked every day and built jumps and flipped around. It's a past life that no one knows about me, kind of like my work with the CIA.
Speaker 1: I think they know about it though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Have taken a lot of people sniper style, but it was Yeah, it was just a terrific day.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm so glad. That's nice. Yeah, that's a good time well spent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I there is isn't There isn't like anything super funny that happened.
Speaker 3: But that's my story.
Speaker 1: Okay, I accept that story. Here's my story.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: There's a new game show on and it's called Deal or No Deal Island.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of it?
Speaker 3: I've heard of a Deal or No Deal, but only on the mainland.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, now there's it's on an island and it's hosted by Are you looking at that billboard?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 2: They've taken Joe Mangionello, the stripper from Magic Mike, and they put him on an island and they're gonna play Deal or No Deal. I don't know if he's just the suitcase holder or if he's the host.
Speaker 4: Or what's that That seems like a billboard from Idiocracy?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Sponsored by Gatorade? Oh wow?
Speaker 4: Okay, well I do like him because I do too. There's a lesser known third Peeweez Big Adventure Movie, and he's like.
Speaker 3: Peewee's sidekick and he's pretty good with pee wee. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's really good. I think he's wildly of course handsome. Yeah, we know that that he's like he's like the Heidi male Heidi Klum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how's that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And and much like uh Jason Momoa or something, it seems like he also is.
Speaker 3: Like, eh, I work out. I used to.
Speaker 4: Now I kind of drink beer, like they get out of shape and then they're like, oh for a movie, I'll get ripped and hot again.
Speaker 3: Right, But he like fluctuates like a normal person.
Speaker 1: Yes, well it all relatively.
Speaker 2: Hot his Yes, his version of being quote unquote overweight, which is like a minor dad bod, is even hotter on him.
Speaker 1: So it's like him and Jason Momoa can do no wrong.
Speaker 2: It's like, unless you're gaining weight in weird lumps, you're going.
Speaker 1: To be fine for like two hundred pounds.
Speaker 4: I would say, well, try and try and maintain what you viewed your whole life, your sexuality to be. Once you go down a wormhole of seeing Jason Momoa skateboarding on his ramp at his house because he rips and he's ripped, and I am he's hot, there.
Speaker 3: Is movement in my pants and my hands are up here.
Speaker 1: Grabbing at him.
Speaker 3: He's stateboards. Do you hear what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 3: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: That is exciting and he's relatively good on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like he he can skate on a halfpipe, like, he does the grind, He does all the basics. And you can tell by his comfortable his comfort level that he once was like that was his thing. Yeah, you know, when he was a little thinner and before he like was on Baywatch or whatever, like, because mostly skater bodies are like a thin you know. It just seems like a big muscley guy. You would think if you're big and muscley, you never were interested in it.
Speaker 3: That's mine.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to be interested. You're a football boy.
Speaker 3: Right, you assume that.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's a football boy.
Speaker 1: I think Katie isn't he from hoy.
Speaker 3: I do believe so. Yeah, I thought he was. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because of the beauty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not sure actually, but this ramp, Yes, when he was getting that ramp, it seemed very tropical in not California way.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to drop you off at the acting center?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I do need to rent some leg warmers and chapstick. U. They have rentals there fitness and ballroom. You know what we should do? What cleap these mics clipped on and go in and take a dance class.
Speaker 2: It's so purple in there are all ballroom dancing studios purple themed.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, answer answer.
Speaker 4: Me, because if it may because of royalty, yes right, yes, yeah. There is some valure upholstery in there as well, or velvet.
Speaker 2: Today's day Madam Webb comes out. I just want everyone to know I Madam Web.
Speaker 4: There is a I distinctly remember in the trailer there it because it seems good. But then she's in the forest with these young girls she met and she's like, I.
Speaker 3: Know this because.
Speaker 4: Something something my mom got bit when she was in the forest studying spiders.
Speaker 3: Oh it's like a line that.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, that could have used it right when my mom was studying spiders.
Speaker 3: I don't remember how it was. I think it kind of went viral.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't have to call me Madam Webb. That's my mother, call me miss Web.
Speaker 3: Yes. I don't study spiders.
Speaker 4: I just get bit by them and I glean their powers.
Speaker 2: I just have superpowers exactly like Spider Man. We're not talking about Spider Man. Is it a different movie?
Speaker 3: I think it's.
Speaker 4: Judging by the Marvel Leader or DC logo, it is a based on a comic book.
Speaker 3: This is this is I think?
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a Spider Spider Man or Man based storyline. Okay, but Madam Webb must be there's people out there itching in their chairs to yell at. But I think it's a comic book. Okay, yeah, maybe from the fifties. Not me now, I'm just making it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you're theorizing, but you're right on a podcast.
Speaker 4: Theories come from hypothesis and become fact when proven correct.
Speaker 1: How many times three I believe.
Speaker 4: If you're in a laboratory, of course you need a control subject.
Speaker 3: We'll have that be Toby McGuire.
Speaker 2: I never come this far down Ventura ever. That's why I'm reading every sign that I see right exactly.
Speaker 4: The only reason I ever go on the street that side of four or five is to get my teeth or eyeballs looked at by a professional.
Speaker 1: Yes they're all out here.
Speaker 3: Or to golf. The thing I've been not doing as.
Speaker 2: Much right well, because you spent all your money on snowboarding.
Speaker 4: It is yes, it's a it's it's not to be taken lightly.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: The guy that I skied with because I went by myself so I was just like single and it forced me to interact with a couple guys good and he just didn't pay.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, I never do. He's a fireman, and he.
Speaker 4: No. We talked a little shop, though I had plenty of you know, I pretended your dad was my dad, and then I.
Speaker 3: Also had a brother in law.
Speaker 4: So I was everyone's a fireman but me, and we became fast friends.
Speaker 3: But he did not. He's like, oh, I never pay.
Speaker 4: I just get in mine and say, man, so fun up there, put a little snow in my hair.
Speaker 3: What wait, how would you so you saved one hundred and twenty dollars?
Speaker 1: He where would you pay? Did you have to pay at the bottom the ski lift?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just yes and I I And it was early in the morning. There was the chance that you uh you know, had come down already and maybe she forgot, but you'r I always paid because I don't want the embarrassment and like, where's your ticket? I need to see it. Yeah, I think he's someone that would be like, oh, I'll go get one my other jacket yeah yeah yeah, or it fell off or what you know. He was telling me all the different ways that music festivals things. He's like, oh, I just paid for this online. He prints things out, puts his name on it. But so it's like, hey, these are all bad things. Meanwhile, he's saving lives three times a week, so I think he buys the ability to do other things.
Speaker 1: Did you happen to notice if he was a married man.
Speaker 3: He was not. He was young, and uh yeah, he was very very handsome.
Speaker 2: I think, well, I'm just My only point is I think he's gonna need to stop doing that if he ever wants to have a lady in his life. That's the kind of shit that makes me and it's gonna be me, but that's the kind of shit that makes me so fucking anxious where I could never like the whole energy you have to have to do shit like that is like you have to be hot because you've kind of gone through your life like being given shit and expecting to be given shit. And I've gone through my life getting in trouble and doing it wrong and like fucking up. So like there's no uh, I can't even fake it, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did say I.
Speaker 4: Could not pull that off. Yeah, but I didn't announce that I disapprove.
Speaker 1: I just like, probably wouldn't have care.
Speaker 4: No, And you're right, he was like he I think he's you know, a couple of days off, a couple of days on at the station, and other than that, it seemed like he lived in his.
Speaker 1: Car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like a baden stuff.
Speaker 4: So but so on paper, these are all things like, oh, that's bad, but he was living a life because he's younger that I always wanted to.
Speaker 3: He has a good job, he has his days off, he goes.
Speaker 4: Has adventures, and then when he's working, he's saving people well and feeling money out of their pocket exactly.
Speaker 1: Call it a tip, call it a force tip.
Speaker 3: Yes, but yeah, that's a good interaction.
Speaker 1: And then that's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And before that, I was with a gear that we started talking politics.
Speaker 4: He was very right leaning, and I'm like, and he was a military guy and.
Speaker 3: He was from Israel.
Speaker 4: He was in the Israeli Army and we had a very long.
Speaker 3: I got really nervous when he said that.
Speaker 4: I'm like, because you and I don't talk about it because we don't know what.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm not smart enough to have the conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not a conversation.
Speaker 2: It's a genocide taking place where Palestinian people are being murdered, and it's a whole.
Speaker 4: Like and I told him, I'm like, what about what's happening in Rapa right now? Do you there's no way that you think military violence is the answer to peace with this? And he's like, I don't know, and he started crying in a moment, yes, and it was and then.
Speaker 3: It got very intense.
Speaker 4: And then because I said what I thought, and he obviously doesn't talk about it much, but it was important for us to talk about that.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, I just think it's important to.
Speaker 4: Listen to more news sources, not just the one you usually listen to. He said, yes, I am like a Fox News guy, and I'm like, I like to take a sample of each with the app on my TV and watch a little bit of everything that's not necessarily true. You know, I'm a left I'm a lefty. And he said, well, I'm glad we talked about this. He's like, I hope we can still ski together. And I'm like sure, but then we went down and I was just better than him and I lost him, and he probably thinks, I'm like, did it for political reasons that I ditched him?
Speaker 1: Well, I bet you, because that's difficult. Like you, guys, it was hot.
Speaker 2: You had a difficult and meaningful conversation, which I think people anybody can get on social media and be like do this, do that, And I think that people get into that place and have no intention of ever having a real life conversation.
Speaker 4: And there was the fact that I was on a chair lift where the only option to get out of it was to jump onto rocks. But I'm like, I'm going to this person wants to talk about this. All of this is a conversation that none of us are able to have, and it's everyone is scared and feels helpless, and it's it's been really frustrating for me because it's all.
Speaker 3: I've been thinking about. But h and then it's I ditched, Oh see you later.
Speaker 2: But I guess my point was I bet you he wanted to get away just as bad as you did, because it's like, you're.
Speaker 3: Right, just realized he probably ditched me. It was like, well, because I stopped.
Speaker 1: One thing to check off your list of worries. I would say that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well it was we skied together before that and didn't talk about anything and accept jobs and you.
Speaker 3: Know, it was like, uh, that's nice guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the second ride was totally different. It was tense and also very high up in the air.
Speaker 5: With rocks, just the two of you. Yes, ski lift and then solve it. Let me add to the tenseness the bar. The safety bar was not brought down. My mom and I always on a chairlift. She said this once and I thought, are you mad? She was like, I always think I'm just going to jump off the chairlift.
Speaker 3: And I'm like what.
Speaker 4: And then ever since then, whenever I'm on a chairlift, because you are just sitting in a chair, you could suddenly lose control over your body.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and be like, well here I go. I guess I'm doing this right.
Speaker 2: But don't you get I get that feeling anytime I'm on like a five story or higher building rooftop.
Speaker 4: Which isn't often, but it happened all the time when we would go to like there's certain parties I've been to there to like, here's a rooftop area, and I'm afraid of heights, but I'm also afraid of me around heights.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What if I can't control my sudden urge that comes out of nowhere? I guess possession Yep, not sadness. I'm not talking about that. What if I lose control my body?
Speaker 3: In Joe?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And there's a weird thing I think that comes up in all humans when they see that, which is like, what's the worst thing I could do right now? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: What if I did it?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yeah, I think I have that problem with everything the middle of a set on stage. Oh, I wonder what it would feel like right now to draw a blank yep, not think of any joke and start eating shit. I was just doing really well and they like me, let me just take a moment to do bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah it felt bad. Yeh, that felt terrible.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you how many times that was like a thing I did at Largo a lot where it's like it's killing, killing, killing, to a rhythm where you're like this is amazing, and you're like, I'm going to stop it yep, and just stop. I would stop talking and stare at the audience. Yes, what weird things like that where it's more about control, where it's like, oh, you don't even care about doing well, you just care about being.
Speaker 1: In control of seventy five people.
Speaker 3: You fucking loun boy. I maybe it goes that deep. I would hate to think that.
Speaker 4: I'm I think that I just in life always have created my own obstacles, and I do it in the moment like that, like, oh, I'm going to make myself eat it just because I like to fuck with my own emotions.
Speaker 3: But I are or is it to see.
Speaker 4: If I can recover, Like, oh, I'm gonna do this just so I can win them.
Speaker 3: Back because that always feels good. Yeah, maybe that's it.
Speaker 2: Maybe the only way I can get higher than this moment is to lose and win again.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I think we should break up, baby, come back to me.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to win you back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Earlier I saw billboard that said something wrong, call Anne Pong, and then there was I guess Anne Fong standing there.
Speaker 1: You were seen that one.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, are we near Anne Phongs?
Speaker 2: No, we passed it a while ago, but I saw it and made a mental note put it in the file.
Speaker 4: Effects Yes, I wonder when Anne Phong does have we talked about Ann Phong because.
Speaker 1: It's like a lawyer. It's a lawyer billboard for sure.
Speaker 6: You know what what you know, dude, Ship Pope did a video where he made he zoomed in on that billboard and just said it out loud over and over and that all of a sudden, Chipop, you and I both love and I we got to get Chipop on this.
Speaker 3: I have not seen him. I he's like teaching screenwriting. He's doing great, I think.
Speaker 1: But he texted me also. That reminds me at Christmas time.
Speaker 2: He texted me and I completely forgot to write back, goddamn it.
Speaker 4: And yesterday, not that they're like the same two halves of a whole. But I did Howard Kramer podcast and we should have him on as well.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, how did it go on Howard's podcast?
Speaker 3: It was great? We yeah, it was his who Charted podcast?
Speaker 1: Oh nice?
Speaker 4: And we talked about a lot of things and I had my picked good songs.
Speaker 3: It's one of those shows where there's a.
Speaker 4: Little bit of homework and uh and I always turned like I just did Jimmy Pardo's talk show where you had to write jokes based on certain categories and I always get turned off by the homework thing.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to stand up.
Speaker 4: But when my jokes all worked, I was like, oh I can write you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I nailed this. I yeah and.
Speaker 4: Uh and I had I had fun also in the same way with Gramer's but he said, I've never done your podcast, and I'm like, right now, I'm googling your name with do you need a ride?
Speaker 1: And two three yes, multiple multiple.
Speaker 2: If Howard doesn't remember, then we should have him back on because then we can be like, here's all the things you need to remember. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was really surprising to me because I said, you've been on it at least once this episode, and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: And then there was some other thing with TIGG. He's like, yeah, you were on that and I'm like, no, I was not. But you know me, even when I'm right, I'm like, eah, maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. You just give them the floor. Yeah, you're like the least resistance possible.
Speaker 4: If someone's sure of it. I sometimes forget what I know. That's why I hope I never get accused of a murder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be careful, you.
Speaker 3: Guys really think I did it. I guess I did.
Speaker 1: Guess, so you have a point about me. Oh, what happened?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 2: Oh, at least it gave me the shoulder tap to let me know that we have two minutes to go.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: But I was looking over it because there was people on the roof over there, and I'm like, there's people on the roof. And then I felt a tap on my shoulder and for some reason, I was like, they're tapping me on his shoulder.
Speaker 4: You thought you thought that was a sniper on the roof and you got hit with a rubber bullet, and.
Speaker 2: Then the snipers like tip tip, Hey, in two minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna kill you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get you right after I'm done with this roofing project.
Speaker 1: I asked for that. That was the que I asked for.
Speaker 3: Something is wrong and Fong.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we've done it.
Speaker 3: Well that I feel like we should continue this episode.
Speaker 4: This is one of those very well remember on sitcoms in the eighties, sometimes there will be a very special second half and they would end it with it to be continued at the bottom. It made made your week. You'd be so excited to see the.
Speaker 2: Rest so and that to be continued would have a weird sad version of the theme song like do you need.
Speaker 3: Oh channe are Kong. This has been an exactly Right.
Speaker 2: Production produced by Annalise Nelson, mixed by Edson Choi. Our talent booker is Patrick Kottner.
Speaker 3: Theme song by Karen Kilgarret.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d y nar Podcast.
Speaker 4: For more information, go to exactly rightmedia dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Oh You're welcome