Speaker 1: Alzon Media.
Speaker 2: Holy balls, it's executive dysfunction.
Speaker 3: That's what we call this, right, right, executive disorder, a rectile dysfunction?
Speaker 4: Right, what do we do?
Speaker 2: Who are we?
Speaker 5: This is? It could happen here. Executive Disorder are weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you.
Speaker 2: Robert Evans, I'm sorry, Garrison.
Speaker 3: I thought we were anarchists, and being an anarchist means never knowing what you're doing or why.
Speaker 4: Yes, kank of Phim.
Speaker 5: I'm Garrison Davis. I'm joined by James Stout and Robert Evans and Sophie Lichterman.
Speaker 2: I wasn't planning on being in MIC but it was very apll. It happens very able.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah. You can't plan for shit, Sophie. It's always chaos here.
Speaker 5: This week we are covering the week of July twenty thirty July thirtieth. Robert Evans, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: You know what? I'm chillin like Gillan.
Speaker 3: I'm not because I am not in a max security prison in Tallahassee, Florida, a federal prison. It's actually not maximum security. So let's let's talk about friend of the Pod Gilan Maxwell. We all love Gillan you know you.
Speaker 4: Speak for yourself.
Speaker 3: You LOVERR I lover Jeffrey Epstein loved her, but I don't love her. So Gillan Maxwell is the daughter of a guy named Robert Maxwell. We've done it behind the Bastards on him. It was a fun one Bartley amazing character. Basically a guy who in his early life was a character from Inglorious Bastards, like a Jewish refugee who signed up to fight the Nazis for the Brits and killed his way across Western Europe, murdering dozens of SS men. And then after the war he became a financier and destroyed Scientific Publishing and also tried to ignite a rivalry with Rupert Murdoch and failed so bad at it that he stole a billion dollars from his company's own pensions funds and then killed himself when all of that was coming out.
Speaker 5: So he really is like the average Quentin Tarantino character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what I would describe him as if Quentin for some reason did a sequel to Inglorious Bastards and it was just based on Brad Pitt's character becoming like a crooked finance executive in the seventies.
Speaker 5: Becoming like the Wolf of Wall Street type guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly like that, that's his backstory. Did you use to murder Nazis? Yeah, but now I'm like foreclosing a children's hospital. Anyways, So Gillan had a rough upbringing because like her older brother had a car accident when she was very young, and he was in a coma for years. Her mom basically spent a whole year just at the hospital with him. She was ignored for a period of time, and then her parents tried to overcompensate and massively. Anyway, she has the kind of upbringing you would kind of expect for a socialite who winds up both poor as a young adult when her dad dies, not real person poor, but rich person poor. When her dad dies and the family is disgraced and all their businesses fail, and she flees to New York to try to start a new life, and the thing that makes sense to her, based on her background, being the kind of person that she is, is to find a rich man and cling to him. And that rich man happens to be Jeffrey Epstein, who starts off by kind of renting her a luxury apartment. They begin dating. At some point they stop dating. It's unclear to me how they would have defined their relationship at any point. Internally, the way they would always say it is they dated for a while, and then Jeffrey had a thing where he would say, like he never he doesn't have exes. He promotes his exes to friends. Right, and Gilan Maxwell was like his best friend and his business partner. She helped him run not his actual businesses that made money, the finance stuff, but his life, right like she ordered his houses, she managed his housekeepers, and she helped recruit girls and women because they recruited both for the stuff that Jeffrey is famous for, right, both to give him massages and in the context of Epstein, massage always means sex. And also recruit the girls that they flew around on the Lilita Express and you know, handed off to different prominent men who wanted to have sex with teenagers or very young women.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Gillan was intimately involved in all of this. She was convicted in twenty twenty two after Epstein's suicide and sentenced to twenty years in prison for all of, you know, the sex crimes that she had a part in. She was transferred to a federal prison in Tallahassee, Florida in July of twenty twenty two. She was initially held in the normal dorm like in general population, right, and the prison wing that she was in is was kind of colloquially known as the snake pit because it was a very nasty place with quite a lot of violence. To quote from an article in the Tallahassee Democrat, quote, Maxwell created a ruckus when she had a falling out with several women. After Maxwell reported two other inmates known as Los Cubanas for trying to extort her. Epstein's partner in crime, refused to use the shower stalls where violent attacks are more common, and was escorted by a guard to and from her prison library job. So she has a kind of rough early time in prison because she's in general pop. She rolls on these other inmates and that starts the process of her getting special treatment. She has since been moved because of her good behavior to an honor dorm where there are thirty or forty quarters for the best behaved inmates. She's we don't really know for sure, but it's very likely that she has a private room with storage. She's teaching yoga classes at the prison. She has at some period of time volunteered at the library. She also teaches etiquette classes. And I want to make it clear I don't have an issue actually with the fact that she's teaching yoga or doing etique class. I think if we're going to have prisons, prisoners should have access to stuff like that. I think that's all perfectly fine. I think her getting special treatment for good behavior I don't really love. But I also don't think we should have prisons that can be described as a snake pit. So I'm kind of on the mixed end here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Another thing that's kind of come out during her time in prison is that she has become a vegan. She was not for most of her life, but she did when she came to prison. She's complained a lot about the quality of the food, which is never spiced and it's just kind of like unflavored tofu, and Peta has advocated on her behalf, which is pretty consistent for Peta. She's also said, and there's significant evidence that this prison regularly serves rotten food that is bad for inmate health. It is a Florida prison. When Gillan talks about it, she has in several interviews the bad conditions in her prison. She's not lying or whining. These prisons are not acceptable quality, right, Like the Florida Department of Corrections and the Federal Department of Corrections are horrible and they're doing a horrible job of run these places. The fact that I don't feel specifically compassion for Gilan Maxwell doesn't mean I want to like minimize the reality of the conditions in these prisons, because most of the prisoners there were not massive sex child sex traffickers, you know, Yeah, sure, So anyway, FCI Tallahassee, which is where she's at. She's now in the prison's on or dorm and is still trying to get out of prison. So she's made a couple of claims prior to the most recent stuff that is in the news right now that we're talking about. One of the things she's tried to argue is that the terms of Jeffrey Epstein's when he was initially prosecuted back in like twenty and seven, two thousand and eight, the terms of his plea bargain should apply to her basically like she was included in that and so she shouldn't be liable for the things that she got sentenced for. More recently, I am not familiar with the exact legal ease her lawyer is using to make that argument, but that is the gist of the argument her lawyer is trying to make. It's not going to work. What might work is her getting a pardon. So that's probably the thing you've seen about Gillen in the news most recently is that she is basically asking Congress, if you want me to testify about Epstein and about the client list and everything. I can't talk openly if I'm in prison. And there's a degree to which, like, again, I don't support this at all, but she's not wrong that, like, well, yeah, you really couldn't talk total, Like it really isn't reasonable unreasonable to say, yeah, someone's probably not going to be able to talk openly about all of the wealthy, powerful people they saw committing sex crimes while they're locked up in prison, right, Not that prayinger is the right thing to do either. I'm just like, yeah, I mean, I bet someone could have you killed. I bet there are people that you have dirt on that could have you killed in that prison.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, and she's currently appealing her conviction to this room court and she's arguing, yes, that if she were to testifying for Congress, she would need immunity for anything that she says.
Speaker 3: Right, So that's what she's asking for now. That said, she has already very recently been talking with the Department of Justice.
Speaker 5: Yes, Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanch.
Speaker 3: Todd Blanche had nine hours of meetings over two days. Wow, Okay, yes, Now there are no public statements about what she said during this, Like, we don't know what this was about. We do know there was some sort of immunity agreement.
Speaker 5: A limited immunity agreement for those meetings and what she was saying in those meetings.
Speaker 3: Okay, and we don't know precisely what it covered, but it probably means that basically, you're already in for twenty years, if you talk to us about stuff that may implicate you in crimes you haven't been charged for yet, you get immunity on That is what I would guess, right, but we don't actually know precisely, like what was happening here, And yeah, there's Barrett Berger, a former federal prosecutor in New York told NBC News that he thinks that the interviews Blanche did were probably performative. Quote, it may just be a way of being able to say, look, we dotted every eye and crossed every t There's value in being able to say that we've tried to speak to everyone that we possibly could, including the co defendant.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So that's her argument is basically, yeah, Blanche met with Gillan so that they could say they're talking with her because she's not going to talk to Congress and they're probably not going to offer her immunity.
Speaker 5: And it's hard to imagine that, like Donald Trump's own Department of Justice is going to be investigating Donald Trump's connection to Jeffrey Epstein. So whatever comes of these meetings, I do not think that through these meetings she's going to incriminate Donald Trump and that's going to be handled in any serious way. If anything, something like the opposite is happening, where she's talking about people who are not Donald Trump, yes, and in doing so trying to gain some sort of favor with the President. As Trump has said like last week, that he's quote unquote allowed to pardon her not saying that he will, not saying that he plans to. He's a loud ton. I can play that clip here for the audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 4: Would you consider a pardon or a commutation for Kelan Maxwell if.
Speaker 6: Something I haven't thought about, it's really don't recommending that something. I'm allowed to do it, but it's something I have not.
Speaker 2: Thought of, but I wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Rule it out here.
Speaker 4: I'm by it.
Speaker 2: And in addition to that, he's made a couple of weird comments about Gillan over the years. When he's asked about Jeffrey Now, he's pretty negative about him. He tends to be like, look, we knew for a while, like we were never close, and you know, we had a falling out. He's a bad guy, right, That's what he said. More recently, He's never really been negative about Gillan. More recently, the thing that I recall him saying is that like he wishes her well when she was sentenced, Yeah, which is kind of weird, right, And I don't know if it's kind of a result of the fact that she has something on him and he's trying to you know, I don't know that seems unlike that seems less likely to me than like maybe he actually just kind of liked Gilan Maxwell. But I don't actually know. And anyway, that's the situation. We don't know.
Speaker 3: Is Trump going to pardon her. He hasn't said he's going to. But as Garrison noted, it's weird of him to insist that he has the right to just kind of randomly, Why would you do that if you weren't thinking about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can just say no, Like you can just say.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gonna like, I'm not going to pardon her. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, and Trump has continued to make weird comments about like Epstein, and has elaborated on his falling out with Epstein the past week, first stating that they broke up their friendship because Epstein was just poaching hotel staff, which contradicts Yeah, earlier state was Trump made, And then on July twenty ninth, he had this much more elaborate conversation on Air Force one about how Epstein was taking employees from his spa and specifically like naming known vics of sex trafficking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he specifically named Virginia Jeffrey fairly recently too, when talking about white people.
Speaker 5: It was yeah on the twenty nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think a reporter asked if she was one of the people, and he said, yes, I believe she was, right, Yeah, he.
Speaker 5: Said, I think so. He stole her as the quote.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a reporter who introduced the name into the conversation. This Sweeklear.
Speaker 3: So you know, do I think she's going to get pardoned? It seems really unlikely to me, And it seems really unlikely to me in part because how would the like I have trouble imagining even that not causing huge problems for him, Right, I'm not one of these This is guys who's constantly like, ah, Trump's Trump's finally you know, we've got Donnie on the road, finally got But this is this is a big one, right, This is a big one to his followers, to just Americans in general.
Speaker 2: Something like seventy percent of the country or more.
Speaker 3: Is following this story actively and has a strong opinion on it, and there's zero electoral gain and pardoning Gillen fucking Maxwell right, like it's a It strikes me as unlikely because it seems like a serious damaging risk.
Speaker 5: The only thing they might try to do is if they try to paint like her herself as like a victim of Epstein. Right, there's been like a Newsmax segment trying to argue this. So like you can see some sectors of the right who are trying to like create room for Trump to maneuver here. But I don't know if that will be a compelling narrative nationwide.
Speaker 4: He's got to lose some people if he does that.
Speaker 2: It seems unlikely, And.
Speaker 5: I don't know. He seems annoyed that this is still a news story. He had this little Scotland vacation to finish a trade deal with the EU, which we'll talk more about next week, but throughout this Scotland vacation he was quite upset that reporters there were still asking him about one Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the rush as the o'don's normal.
Speaker 8: Jeffrey hte story.
Speaker 6: How you got to be kiddy with it?
Speaker 7: No, I had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 6: Only you would think that not had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: That is that why he cheated at golf?
Speaker 5: You know, that's a good a good call, Sophie. Maybe he was off his game because of all of these Epstein questions, and that's the only reason why he cheated at golf this one time and definitely no other times ever. Truly his his most heinous crime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess that's kind of where we end off. I'm not gonna say he wouldn't, right. I'll never say there's no way Gilan Maxwell gets pardoned because this is twenty twenty five, and he'd be crazy. It's like, there's there's credible evidence that he is considering a pardon for fucking P Diddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Deadlon reported that yesterday.
Speaker 2: And again if it if it is right, it's if he does. We know why.
Speaker 3: It's because P Diddy probably has some shit on Trump, right, and P Diddy has the kind of resources that he could have, like a a dead fall system setup, right that, like if something happened depends to him, the info gets out Like that is not beyond the kind of guy that P did he is, Whereas I don't know that Epstein ever really prepared for that eventuality.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think so. Like Mark Epstein, Jeffrey's brother was interviewed by the BBC last week and mentioned how Jeffrey was talking about like possible information he has regarding to the twenty sixteen election. But it does not sound like there was any kind of like system for this information or that even any other people knew besides Jeffrey. I can play that clip here too.
Speaker 4: Did he tell you who he knew things about it?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 7: In the twenty sixteen election, we were talking about the election, and Jeffrey told me that if if he said what he knew about the candidates, they would have to cancel the election.
Speaker 4: That's a quote, it's exactly what he told me.
Speaker 7: He said, if I said what I knew about the candidates, they'd have to cancel the election.
Speaker 4: He didn't tell me what he knew, but that's what he said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in general, was like a very compartmentalized guy. And I don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens with all of these cases. It's gonna be worth following. But it doesn't seem to be going away the way that a lot of Trump stuff does, because I mean, it's Epstein right, You've gotten too much of your base hooked on this story for them to just give it up because it's inconvenient now. So I don't know what's going to happen, but we'll keep watching, and you keep listening to these ads, beautiful. Oh my god, those ads were so good. I feel like that picture of Bill Clinton getting a back massage from Nope.
Speaker 5: I don't know if we should do that in this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, what's next? What do we talk about next?
Speaker 5: Speaking of pardons and Epstein, I'm gonna play one other clip from Trump's Scotland vacation where he's trying to reiterate his whole Epstein hoax narrative and in doing so invokes something that relates to our next topic. But I'll play I'll play this clip here.
Speaker 6: So hoax that's been built up way beyond proportion. I can say this. Those files were run by the worst come on earth. They were run by uh Comy, they were run by Garland, they were run by Biden and all of the people that actually ran the government, including the Autopen. Those files were run for four years by those people. If they had anything, I assumed they would have released it.
Speaker 4: The whole thing is a hoax.
Speaker 6: They ran the files. I was running against somebody that ran the files.
Speaker 5: The auto pen. That's going to be our first mini mini story this episode. So, the autopen is this tool that helps with the signing of documents. It automates the process by replicating a signature. And this is a machine long used in the White House. It's for like hundreds of years. Barack Obama was the first one to officially use it to sign led legislation. But this is a regular tool, right And the past few months, Trump has been increasingly obsessed with the autopen in trying to attack Biden's administration and somehow take some of the blame away from Biden and onto the people who Biden was surrounded by. In June, Trump ordered an investigation into Biden's alleged use of the autopen and if other figures in Biden's White House were using the autopen without Biden's knowledge acting as shadow president. I'm going to play a clip here from Fox News discussing the possible ramifications of the autopen's use.
Speaker 10: Mister Chairman, you mentioned that you're looking at some of the pardons that were done under President Biden and the use of the autopen, doctor Fauci being one of them, talking about whether they were legitimate or not. Are you also looking into Biden's judicial appointments as well.
Speaker 9: Absolutely everything that was signed with the autopenive, especially in the last year of the Biden presidency. This is when all the books that are being written, all the tell all interviews that are being recorded from his former disgruntled staffers and staffers who are trying to preserve the reputation for future employment, They're all saying that Joe Biden was in a deep mental decline. This raises an issue whether these pardons, whether these judicial appointments, and whether these executive orders are legal. I believe that if this investigation keeps going in the way that it's going, that's going to very serious concerns about whether or not Joe Biden even you what was going on around him, much less whether he authorized the use of his signature on all of this stuff. I think all of these are in jeopardy of being declared null and void in a quart of And that's a big deal for the Trump administration because so much of what Trump is up against in court now with these liberal biased Biden appointed judges is the fact that they're using and citing some of these executive orders as reason to throw out President Trump's agenda and President Trump's executive orders.
Speaker 5: So that gets into the scope of things that we're dealing with here. It's not just pardons. This this started by talking about Biden's pardons this past March on a truth on Truth social Trump claimed that Biden's preemptive partons of members of the January sixth Investigation House Committee are quote hereby declared void, vacant, and of no further force of effect because of the fact that they were done by auto pen unquote, and like, this just isn't true that there is no constitutional requirement that pardons even be signed. He cannot void pardons like this allegedly, right, Who knows what they'll try to like do by like enforcement. But yeah, according to like the legal systems currently in place, this this like isn't real. But if they do try to legitimately go after like judicial appointments and try to create this conspiracy of this like shadow cabinet that was secretly running the government, I will be interested to see where that goes and the extent to which they think they can pull that off, especially as a way to like bypass judges who are blocking various Trump policies from being put into effect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I've just always been of the opinion that we shouldn't even be allowing these people to use pins.
Speaker 2: You know, niform.
Speaker 3: We already had the perfect way of putting law on the books, and we need to go back.
Speaker 2: We need to return.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then to books exist send or is it all in the clay tablets?
Speaker 3: As god all clay tablets, James, We've got him the.
Speaker 2: Whole internet clay tablets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because none of these laws are actually written on clay, and therefore, I, for one belief that they do not apply to me.
Speaker 3: That they're not valid. You know, you've heard of e inks screens. We need eat play.
Speaker 4: That is the only way that a law could be passed in these United States. Otherwise I retain my sovereignty as a citizen.
Speaker 2: That's that's what it's about.
Speaker 5: Trump does pride himself on always using the pen to sign things himself, except for like fan mail and like thank you cards, and which he gets his staff to use the auto pen to sign those can Avail supporters. But for all serious matters he prides himself on only using the pen.
Speaker 4: Not just the pen garrison. I believe he has a special Trump edition Sharpie has a big bucket of them on his desk. If I re call correctly that he then did they sell them off after it?
Speaker 5: My mistake he uses his special sharpie to sign all documents, including the next two topics, which are some executive orders. Shit. So there's been a number of executive orders in the past few weeks that are forming what's what the White House is calling the AI Action Plan, which largely seeks to loosen restrictions and regulations on AI and accelerate the building of data centers to power AI training so that American companies can better compete in the global market. But there was another AI executive order signed last week on July twenty third, which is titled preventing Woke AI in the Federal Government.
Speaker 1: Wow. Incredible.
Speaker 5: I'm going to read the first two sentences which are which are long sentences of the AI executive Order on woke AI. Quote. In the AI context, DEI includes the suppression or distortion of factual information about race or sex, manipulation of racial or sexual representation in model outputs, incorporation of concepts like critical race theory, transgenderism, unconscious bias, intersectionality, and systemic racism, and discrimination on the basis of race or sex. DEI displaces the commitment to truth in favor of preferred outcomes and as and history illustrates poses an existential threat to reliable AI. For example, one major AI model changed the race or sex of historical figures, including the Pope, the Founding Fathers, and Vikings when prompted for images, because it was trained to prioritize DEI requirements at the cost of accuracy. Another AI model refused to produce images celebrating the achievements of white people, even while complying in the same request for people of other races. And yet another case, an AI model asserted that a user should not quote unquote misgender another person, even if necessary to stop a new killar apocalyse Official White House Executive Order documentary.
Speaker 4: The last one is one of the fucking funniest things I've ever heard.
Speaker 5: Would you suck off one hundred apes to save one human life?
Speaker 3: Well that absolutely not absolutely, but I would do the reverse.
Speaker 5: This is this is like, this is crazy stuff, right, This this is stuff that you would see like daily wire posters talking about like four years ago.
Speaker 4: This seems like debate me bro like blue tick Twitter stuff. Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but even even talking about you know, like how like things like unconscious bias and systemic racism cannot be mentioned, right? Those are things that that specifically Ben Shapiro has like led their charge on attacking and mainstream in mainstream like political disagreement for a while now, like arguing that that systemic racism is not a thing. Yeah, and now you have orders specifically targeting systemic racism being used in AI outputs. So part of what this executive order actually seeks to do is make it so that the government can only use large language models that are developed with the principles of quote unquote truth seeking and ideological neutrality, requiring that these are nonpartisan tools that do not manipulate responses in favor of ideological dogmas such as DEI. In a f act, the order seeks to use government contracts as bribes to make companies ensure that their AIS are not woke, with the Trump administration serving as the judge of what is and isn't woke and threatening to pull contracts and force companies to pay cancelation fees if their AI language model is deemed to be too woke.
Speaker 1: I never want to hear the word woke again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so fucking tired.
Speaker 1: That's exhausting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Jim Crow for the for the computer. These ways what this.
Speaker 5: Is like as a part of this AI action plan, Like they're like third or fourth main principle is quote unquote upholding free speech in frontier models, updating federal procurement guidelines to ensure that the government only contracts with frontier large language model developers who ensure that their systems are objective and free from top down ideological bias. That's the opposite of free speech.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you.
Speaker 5: We will like make sure that they only do this specific thing that we want, and we're calling that upholding free speech.
Speaker 1: Just say you want Mecca Hitler Rock.
Speaker 2: Just just he has groc has indeed said that.
Speaker 5: I know, I know. So that's the first executive order that I want to talk about. The next one is less brain roddy and more horrific actually scary. Like I'm sure the WOKEI one will turn out to be bad, but this next one is like extremely extremely fascistic, and I don't use that word lightly. This order is titled ending crime and Disorder on America's Streets. I'll start by quoting one paragraph quote Endemic vagrancy, disorderly behavior, sudden confrontations, and violent attacks have made our cities unsafe shifting homeless individuals into long term institutional settings for humane treatment through the appropriate use of civil commitment will restore public order. The Attorney General shall prioritize available funding to support the expansion of drug courts and mental health courts for individuals for which such diversion serves public safety.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is bad, this is yeah. Some again, people like to like to use fascism a lot, but the yeah, this is some Nazi shit like this, this is a thing that the Nazis did.
Speaker 5: Yep, let's get more into what this order outlines. So this executive order directs the Attorney General to reverse quote unquote judicial precedents prohibiting involuntary institutionalization and to seek the quote termination of consent decrees that impede the United States policy of encouraging the civil commitment of individuals with mental illnesses who pose risks to themselves or the public, or or are living on the streets. It starts but you know, if someone's at risk to themselves, and then expands that to just include everybody, if they're deemed to be at risk to the public or just happen to be living outside. Yeah, you can now get put in what is essentially Trump's new version of a scene asylums.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think like we shouldn't not mention that a lot of this shit, it's directly downstream from democratic mass in large cities and especially in California, pushing frint voluntary commitment of bunt house.
Speaker 5: No, this is like Gavin Newsom's wet dream. Yes, yeah, this is Todd Gloria's shit.
Speaker 3: Honestly, this is unfortunately very bipartisan when we are at least talking about the political elite, and to a sizeable extent when we're talking about the electorate. Right, Yeah, this is an issue on which the left has catastrophically lost, just like immigration. Unlike immigration, it is not an issue in which we're starting to see the pendulum swing back. Because yeah, number one, I mean, I guess we have not yet seen the kind of violence deployed against the House US by agents of the state at scale in public that we're seeing right now on migrants. Right, Like, there's not a federal agency going to war on the houseless. It's the same kind of islence that's existed previously. But also like there's a huge amount of propaganda against this, Like every City Business Association, you know, is constantly complaint because they see this as like, oh, this is why people don't want to come into stores anymore.
Speaker 2: It's the houseless, you know, it's not fucking Amazon or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's absolute bullshit.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean some of that might change, though, because Trump is seeking to mobilize federal resources to start doing enforcement. Yes, the order direction Trump's cabinet to be giving grants to state and local governments to help enact civil commitment and institutional treatment, with the priority of grants being directed to states and municipalities that already have and enforce strong anti homeless policies. The order allows for emergency federal law enforcement assistance funds to be used for encampment removal, and directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services to remove federal funding from quote unquote harm reduction or quote unquote safe consumption programs, as well as quote ending support for housing first policies that deprioritize accountability and fail to promote treatment, recovery, and self sufficiency. So not only are they increasing enforcement capacity to apprehend mentally ill or houses people and put them into institutional facilities, but they are cutting all federal funds from programs that are deemed to be harm reduction or safe consumption, which are programs that have been shown to work across the globe, as well as ending housing first policies, which is what most homeless advocates actually push for as a way to solve homelessness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because there evidence based and they work.
Speaker 5: The order also requires that recipients of federal housing and Homelessness assistance to force participants who suffer from substance abuse, disorder, or serious mental illnesses into quote unquote treatment or mental health services as a condition of participation unquote, and that the recipients of these petrol funds are now required to collect quote unquote health related information from everyone who has provided assistance, and is required to share that data with law enforcement quote in circumstances permitted by law.
Speaker 1: Don't love that. That's horrible. Yeah, that's really just not aligning one across.
Speaker 5: That's so scary, yeap, the weaponization of health data for law enforcement, yes services.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And unfortunately it's exactly the thing that like for years, advocates for mental health care have been trying to get across, like, hey, it's okay to go in to seek treatment like this is stuff isn't going to be weaponized against you, And.
Speaker 4: That's not true anymore.
Speaker 3: Like the degree to which, outside of the actual danger of law enforcement getting this data and using it, the setback to mental health care to people feeling having any chance of feeling safe to pursue it is like incomprehensible, Like it's so bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And not only are they seeking to go after users, the recipients of federal housing and Homelessness assistance that operate drug injection sites or quote unquote safe conception sites will be reviewed by the Attorney General for violation of federal law and bring civil or criminal action in appropriate cases. Literally going after people who try to create environments where people who use drugs can do so in a method that will not kill them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people who are handing out clean needles, you know, safe injection sites, that sort of thing, any kind of harm reduction.
Speaker 5: Which will now be under investigation by the Attorney General.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, which is going to get people killed. It's going to imprison people who have been doing nothing but helping other people. Like it's just comprehensively a nightmare.
Speaker 4: It's going to lead to more communicable diseases. Spreading that we don't like that some of these safe injection sites have prevented spreading right, needle exchanges have prevented when we combine it. R of case, stuff like this is going to be a made to public health issue on top of everything else, So.
Speaker 5: On top of expanding drug courts and mental health courts. I will will end with one final quote from the order. Quote, they will ensure that homeless individuals arrested for federal crimes are evaluated to determine whether they are sexually dangerous persons and certified accordingly for civil commitment. And finally, Trump's Cabinet is directed to quote assess federal resources to determine whether they may be directed towards ensuring that detainees with serious mental illnesses are not released into the public because of the lack of forensic bed capacity at appropriate local, state and federal jails or hospitals. Unquote, it remains to be seen this scale in which this will be implemented. Usually these orders have a series of months in which the cabinet members will then propose actual implementation policies that then can be implemented across the country. But certainly is in the order itself is incredibly worrying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, we probably shouldn't let this guy become president again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh well, do you know what we should do right now?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, ads, just good to ads. Sure have fun with that.
Speaker 8: Everyone talking of shouldn't have let that guy become president again. One of the reasons that I did become president again is because the Democrats were incapable of fielding a candidate who could say genocide bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That might have helped.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a fucking low bar and it failed to clear it.
Speaker 2: It might have helped.
Speaker 5: It might have helped. According to new data from New York, where two thirds or more of New York Democratic primary voters agree with Zora Mondomny's positions on Israel and arresting Benjamina Yahoo, and the fifty seven percent say that they might oppose Democrats who do not endorse Momdani for mayor. Yeah, because so it seems like, yeah, maybe the Democrats should have done something about that.
Speaker 2: It seems like the majority of their base wants that. Well, I'm not one of those.
Speaker 3: I always hate it when people are like, try to reduce the loss to one thing, because there's a number of but like one. Yeah, like Michigan. We can probably blame the loss of Michigan on Kamala's failures to call Gaza a genocide or to take any kind of a stance separating her from Biden on that matter. Right, Like, there's a decent amount of evidence to suggest that maybe other states, you know, other things went wrong, but like this, that was a significant reason why the Democrats failed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at look at the way if we're about to discuss how the Hirety Canada, while we have been recording this is announced that it is joining the UK and France and plans to conditionally recognize a Palestinian state. Yeah, and the reason that is happening is because Israel's genocide in Gaza is continuing. July has been the deadliest month for the past year and a half. One person has died every twelve minutes. One hundred and ninety nine people have died every day. Four hundred and one of them have been injured. We saw this week nineteen people died of starvation. None of these people are dying because of a famine that's caused by the weather or some other natural cause. Right, this is entirely a choice, and it's made by people in the Israeli state, very chiefly by Benjamin net Yahoo to quote Netyaho. Israel has been forced to allow some aid into the strip, but only a tiny fraction of the required aid has made its way in One in five children in Gaza is suffering from acute Mault nutrition. That figure has tripled since last month, according to the World Health Organization. Not only is there not enough food, but there are also not enough medical supplies to treat people with acute Mault nutrition. Right, when somebody is acutely malnurried, you can't just like hand them a sandwich and fix a problem.
Speaker 3: This was a major problem when liberating the concentration camps at the end of World War Two. American soldiers would see these people who were just as I mean, can you've seen pictures of Auschwitz survivors and stuff and just act with immediate human compassion and give them whatever they wanted? Right, And then people got sick and died because you literally can't.
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 3: There's a very specific way when someone is that far gone that you have to slowly renourish them whatever, yeah.
Speaker 4: Refeed them, ensure that they are maintaining adequate hydration. Levels right therapeutic formula for babies that are malnourished.
Speaker 3: It's more it's I think there's this like mystic understanding that like, oh, starving people are just hungry, so you just feed them and like past a certain point, No, they're not just hungry.
Speaker 2: Something else is going.
Speaker 4: Their bodies are failing and beginning to die, and that requires medical attention because they have a very serious medical condition. Those medical supplies are a lot getting into Gaza. The Integrated Food Security Phase Classification generally referred to as the IPC is student alert for what it calls quote the worst case scenario of famine in Gaza this week. In their alert, they said, quote, over twenty thousand children have been admitted for treatment for a cute malnutrition between April and mid July, with more than three thousand severely malnourished. Hospitals have reported a rapid increase in hunger related deaths of children under five years of age, with at least sixteen reported deaths since the seventeenth of July. That's not really much that I think we can say about this other than that it's absolutely despicable and disgusting. As a result of Israel carrying out a genocide in the open. The UK, France and Canada have indicated, as I said, they're willing to recognize a Palestinian state with some conditions. Statehood will not feed these children, rightly, these people will be dead long before the state is recognizing as something changes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole recognizing statehood for me is less meaningful because I care about states than it is as a symbol of the fact that France, you know, and the UK and an increasing number of nations who were not like imagining them ten years ago, like taking the stance of being as critical of Israel as they are would have been a stretch, right, would have been difficult to comprehend. And I think what it really does showcase is how rapidly international opinion has changed and the very dangerous situation Israel has gotten itself into where I don't think it is a matter of immediate danger because the weapons aren't going to stop flowing and no one is going to stop them militarily, but they are sabotaging the ground underneath themselves, and I do think I mean, maybe this is me being unreasonably hopeful here, but yeah, like this is I think they're setting up their own downfall here, you know, not quick enough to save any of these lives, but like, this is not a good position for them to be in a country that's this dependent upon foreign trade, upon foreign weapons, upon foreign support for its survival. Like they're sabotaging themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're becoming a paria state, far too slowly given what's happened over the last couple of years, But it's happening. I'll just finish, I guess by saying that Israel has agreed to make tactical pauses, which is I don't know what that really means, to allow it to enter the IPC report suggesting media actions to protect life, but it concludes a quote, none of this is possible unless there is a cease fire, and there is no sign of that in the immediate future. Let's talk about immigration, shall we something something that is also pretty much a downer. I guess the State Department is rolled back it's visa interview waiver. This was a pandemic era thing, right that people didn't have to come into the consulate and actually do an interview with a physical human for their visa. This will result in massive delays at consulates around the world and will mean that visas are inaccessible for some people entirely right because getting to a consulate alone is a barrier for them, right or another expense, and it's a risky expense if you think you might be turned down. The government has been canceling hearings, according to NBC Miami of people in the Everglade Detention Facility AKAA Alligator Alcatraz right it makes are also being denied the right to meet with their attorneys. The government asserted that everyone there has a final removal order. However, at least one attorney with two clients there the NBC Miami spoke to said that this was not the case for their clients. They don't have final removal orders, but nonetheless they are not able to access their due process rights. There is a lawsuitanwn this and many other issues at the center that will be held on the eighteenth of August. Talking of removals, we are beginning to see first hand accounts from the Venezuelan people who were detained as Sicotte. Two hundred and thirty Venezuelan detainees there were traded with Venezuela in a three way trade for the US citidents detained in Venezuela. Right, three way trade. I mean very clearly the people in Seccott were really under US custard. Yes, right, so it's just a workaround for a direct trade.
Speaker 2: Well, or at least I mean they were under the custody of a US contractor, right, Like, that's I think the accurate way to describe this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, I think that's probably yeah. Yeah, Like the US had control over their comings and goings, as it's demonstrated by this prisoner exchange.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: These reports indicate that the plane landed and immediately Salvatory and police entered and beat the men so civily that flight attendants on the plane cried and agent told them in Spanish quote, this will teach you to enter our country illegally. Many of the men, I should point out, did not enter the country between ports of entry or without inspection. They entered via CBP one, the only legal way for them to claim asylum at that time. The men said they were beaten, kicked, and shot with rubber pellets. They were never allowed outside, and guards would mock them and refuse to tell them the time when they asked. Several of them mentioned a fellow detainee who began cutting himself, writing messages on the wall in his own blood. Those messages include, stop hitting us, we are fathers, we are brothers, we are innocent people. Shortly before their release, they say they were treated better, allowed to shower and shave, and given medicine. When one of the men returned, his neighbors clapped together to raise twenty bucks for his mother to decorate the house and make him a meal of chicken, rice and plantains. That one was particularly hard for me to read for some reason, because that specific meal is one I've eaten with the people within carakas the people I was with in the Darian Gap. Right, it just seemed very personal to me. They also noted that many of the men well detained, parade and read the Bible. They use food packaging and even food to make dice and playing cards to play games. The things that I read in this are actually like, really heartbreaking, because I've seen folks from Venezuela go through really horrific things. Right, they were in the Daryan Gap when I was in a Darian Gap. I've seen him in outdoor attention. I've also spent time living in Venezuela and throughout that like people, Venezuelan people have shown incredible capacity to continue to smile and have joy and have a joke and have a laugh. So like, seeing these men so thoroughly beaten down by the Salvadarrian state is really hard. I'd encourage you all to read the pro public apiece, which I will link in the show notes. But yeah, it's yeah, it's as bad as we expected it to be. Right, I don't think for a minute that else Albert or expected them to leave. So it treats them like I'm sure it treats everybody else there. Yeah, right, Like that's that's that's what you have to assume. And that's why it's important not to limit the discussion or the anger to the case of you know, the Garcia and you know this couple of people who are quote unquote obviously.
Speaker 2: In essence individual people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like nobody should be in Seacott and quite frankly, Hunter Biden's right, you know we should. We should invade El Salvador if that's what it takes to close this place down. Yeah, like fuck them, like it's it's I mean, or someone should invade us. I don't fucking know whatever it takes to stop this shit, but like it's unacceptable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's inhumane. Like a world where this suxists is not a world we should want. No, I guess maybe and with some good news and a little fundraiser if people want to donate good news, is it. A judge has ordered the release of Kilmar Abrego. I guess he prefers to just use the first part of his last name Spanish. Last names come from your mother and father. Some people use both on PBS one.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hadn't got that. Actually, thank you, James, Yeah, you are welcome.
Speaker 4: Judge Enis ordered that he be returned to Maryland, not be immediately detained by ICE on his release, and the seventy two hours notice be given if they try to remove him. I have seen reporting that says she has ordered that he can't be deported. That's not true. She ordered that he have his due process rights if they attempt to remove him, right. I've also seen reporting that he is like out and about on the street. That is not true. A Tennessee judge did deny the government's attempts to detain him while he awaits criminal trial, but at the request of his legal team. His release has been stayed by thirty days. I believe this is to prevent ice grabbing him and deporting him immediately when he's released or thereafter, right until they got their clarification from judges. Genis. This comes after Trump administration or the DOJ has failed to persuade any for federal judges that he was a leader of MS thirteen. His lawyers have also asked a judge to stop DHS posting about this and prejudicing a potential jury pool. So, at least in this one case, right, this man is moving closer to being back with his family. Let's talk about a fundraiser and then we can finish up. Yeah, So I want to talk about Hose Juron and I will just read here from the fundraiser page. Jose was taken from his family and detained O Timeser Detention Center over thirteen months ago. Like many friends, parents and siblings in prison at OMDC, Josse has received no medical care despite having concerning symptoms for colon cancer. Visibly in pain. During his previous hearing, Jose showed the judge Ajar with one point five to two inches of blood that he reported had come out of his rectum. No one should have to supper these indignities. If you would like to support Josse, you can go to give butter dot com slash free Horse Jiron. That's f E E J O S E G I A O N.
Speaker 5: I think that's all for us. We reported the news.
Speaker 2: Goodbye, We reported the news.
Speaker 1: It could happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website Coolzonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 5: You can now find sources where it could happen here listen directly in episode descriptions.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.