Speaker 1: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my Roe Flame.
Speaker 2: Come in with last, come in with you love loundest baby. You better catch it when you can drop.
Speaker 3: A knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now, comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 2: What's up tips?
Speaker 3: Yeah you know she raised shout towns on speaking to the grown as second year, we're gonna laugh and cut up and kick it and at the end we leave it with just a list dispirsits.
Speaker 2: But do you want to revisit so your first second listen, young folks.
Speaker 3: So it's left, oh folks that we dig it. No this do what you do right?
Speaker 2: No this do what you do?
Speaker 3: Can no fes do what I do?
Speaker 2: No this.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is comedian Flame Monroe and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn. Oh my god, this is number thirty.
Speaker 2: Two your age thirty five?
Speaker 1: I mean, oh, this is number thirty five us. Ever, thank you guys for rolling with us for thirty five episodes. We got a few more before we looking at season five, and we could not have gotten this far without my threat, without our flame its, So thank you from me and my beautiful co host Bobby Clifford, how are you that's going It's going well, Bobby Clifford. I am in a good mood today, even though I'm looking at the news and they trying to put me in a bad mood. I'm fighting with everything.
Speaker 3: I guess that's what you have to do, because what is it distractions?
Speaker 2: So it's just a lot of talk and a lot of nonsense.
Speaker 1: Well, we're Americans. We got to fight back. We got to stand up. Just like animals. You corner animal, animal fights, you back. The're gonna fight back. That's what we do. But I had a good week, Bobby. I'm glad to be back this week here. We got a lot to talk about. We got a lot to cover as far as what is happening with this new administration and their takeaways, because they trying to do the takeaways. They trying to take away everything. But we ain't gonna even get started on that. First. This is also Black History Month, so I want to say and I am going to acknowledge as many black historians as I can. It's so many to look at. I was watching Birth of a Nation the other night, and it was the story of Nat Turner, who, as a black guy. He was a slave, but he rebelled against his slave masters. He killed fifty five white slave masters and women and children. But we lost like based according to a history book, they said they killed her like a thousand people behind him rebelling. But the story was just so compelling that it's just like you got somebody got fed up and just pushed back. I'm hoping that it's not what happens in our country, even though I will say that for myself, but I'm hoping that it's not that we don't even have to come to the blows like that, that this country comes to a sense, but to a census. But from what I can see right now, the damn show ain't coming to a census because they are appointing anybody you could find the most unqualified maniacs to put in these positions of power in this administration. So I don't know, Bobby, You know RFK I interviewed. I did not think he was gonna get passed. But so far he's he's looking like he on the plus side his seat, so it is toasty Gabbert. So I don't know, Bobby. These are these are mad being and mad woman. Let me say this for the record, these are your people, Bobby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that RFK Jr. I don't know he's he's a different type of fella. But I don't think he's an evil person. I think he's somebody that is just looking for popularity and some sort of power. I don't feel that he is the If this was environmental, because he's an environmental attorney, I think maybe he would be qualified. I don't think he's qualified for the job. I think he's got things, I like, get the junk out of food, but he just doesn't want He keeps saying he is not an anti vaxxer, but he won't he won't commit to following the science, you know, like so but yeah, you know I can't. Even when I saw Clarence Thomas swearing in Christy, No, I have to tell you, I got a little sick of my mouth.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to say this about RFK Jr. Because when I did interview him, I don't know whether he was, you know, sugarcoat and how he really felt about things while he was talking to me or have you. But I just didn't get that from him. And you know, I'm a pretty good judge of character. I really got authenticity from him, and when it comes down to the whole vaccine thing. I've never been anti vaccine, but some of his points if you sit down and research how he's saying about the autism that became so much more popular after vaccines after all these differentas and it kind of makes you sit back and like, you know, let me research them for myself to get to understand what he's saying because statistically, and I'm not giving RFK like I'm jumping on the side, but I hear him and I understand where he's coming from, especially as a parent of children, that you want to know what they're putting in your kids' body as well as your own body, because I've had vaccines, Bobby, I've had all kind of vaccines. I didn't take the COVID vaccine because I didn't trust how fast it came out. But I do get his point of how it looks statistically that from nineteen is nineteen, what seventy nine or eighty vaccines have just the autism rate has really jumped up in absolutely because of so many different vaccines.
Speaker 2: So I will it's not the vaccines.
Speaker 3: I mean, one of the things with autism is it's kind of coincidental. It shows in a child at a certain time, a certain timeframe. It just happens to coordinate around the same age as you give some certain vaccines. But it has been disproven that vaccines have nothing to do with autism. Maybe some of the stuff in our food, you know, they are looking into it because it got it has kind of exploded. I think we also have ways. You know, you used to have a little billy that was in class that was a little odd and we really didn't know what it was. But there are ways that we can tell the stuff now, you know, and doctors are more in tune with it. But I just don't think you get a whole population. You know, when you're a young parent, you want everything for your kid, and you to have people not vaccinating is something that they might have heard from him. With the possibility of somebody getting sick, you know, Measles is a real thing.
Speaker 2: It could be a killer in some kids.
Speaker 3: So I just think he's he just wouldn't commit to a few things that I didn't like. Senator Warren from Massachusetts was asking him he makes money, you know, setting up legal cases and whatnot, and she said, obviously, you won't be doing that while you're in office, and he said, oh, of course I won't. And she says, well, can you commit to us that for four years after, which is you know non competes and stuff are very similar to that, that you won't be involved in any of the cases that you're involved with. And he wouldn't do it while you're in house, and he wouldn't do it, so you know, he could be trumming the waters from himself.
Speaker 1: So all while they all like being grilled to get these seats, they are so evasive with the questions from what's this, what's the new one's name?
Speaker 4: Cash, cash, Matie and uh uh Hicks Saith and they are so evasive, but they learn that from watching their.
Speaker 1: Leader, because their leader is evasive with the with the answers to the.
Speaker 3: Question heard him once as her question flame, have you actually when somebody asks a question, have you heard him actually answer it?
Speaker 1: Yes, he will answer. He'll answer the question. If he's about to attack you, if he's about to go after you, he won't answer the question. But then he'll flip it real quickly go back back after you, so he doesn't have to answer the question. But they and this is what it is. If we are watching our leaders then and you're going to do as they do, then this is why they are getting He's appointing people that's going to do not only what he does, but what he says. Yeah, so we had a I mean the.
Speaker 2: Name of the game. I mean, I don't like I don't like BONDI. She was just confirmed.
Speaker 3: I don't like her politics that said, and that's okay.
Speaker 1: That said.
Speaker 3: I also understand him many people that are going to back him, but I do feel like she's qualified to do the job. Flame she gets it, she understands it, she's got the qualifications. The fact that our politics don't jibe is you know, that's neither here nor there. He's the president. He's allowed to pick people. But when he's putting people that I do get concerned. And he has people that just they just don't have the qualifications and they say, like like Chelsea gabbartt like kind of crazy stuff where she doesn't denounce Pootin or any of the things that he's done.
Speaker 2: And that kind.
Speaker 3: Of gives me the hev gbis he's got a huge pot and pool on the GOP side of very well qualified people that he could pick from. I don't know why some of the people are a little less than that. He's that he's scooping up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bobby, it is is very dishearting to see too. And you know what bothers me, Bobby, is that they are in these hot seats and they are going to get asked some very heugh questions, very tough. But the people that's asking them, some of the Democrats, because the Republicans are not going hard on them at all. But the Democrats that are asking them these tough questions, they get off the land. They almost make it like a shouting match. Why would you argue with me when I'm asking you questions about a job that you were playing for. You see what I'm saying. I might like that the Republicans get to give the pushback. I don't think they should be allowed to give a pushback. You knew what you were coming in for this day, and you knew it was going to be you're going to be up under the light, up under the microscope. I don't think that you should have the right to give me any pushback when I'm asking you questions about pertaining to a job that you're trying to acquire.
Speaker 2: And answer answer the question.
Speaker 3: Stop there at your they're doing the Trump saying, and they're also doing the they look like an abused spouse that is always kind of looking to the left or looking to the right to make sure what they're saying is okay. You know they it's well, well, President Trump, well no, that wasn't what I was asking you. I was asking you how you feel and are you going to be loyal to the Constitution? And if he goes against something, we know we can count on you to put it back on the rails. That's what I'm looking And they're kind of you know, I know they seem a little jumpy, but you know, there are positions of being filled. He's had a few more that have gone this week and so far nothing horrible, but but R. F.
Speaker 2: K Junior and Telsea Gabbert are on the Senate floor.
Speaker 3: So we'll see. We'll see if some sensical person says no for on the on the GOP side, for either one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is uh, it's preponderous viby to see that we we we've allowed our America and when I say we, I mean all Americans. We have allowed our America to come to this point to a man who's now talking about he wants to change the uh uh Panama Canal to the American Canal. He wants to ship all these immigrants out. And some of these immigrants Bobby and arrested and a constant and taken out. But Bobby, they're coming right back in. I just see something on the news today. A lot of them are coming right back in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well some of them they have, but the money they have nowhere to put them.
Speaker 1: But the money, but the money to get hold on. But the money to get rid of them is coming from our taxpayer dollars. So you're just telling me we're pissing our money. We're pissing our money to.
Speaker 2: The wean Oh we're not.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we're still losing out. Meanwhile, the price of gas and age and everything else is ridiculous. So it's like I can use my money, my tax dollars, to nothing about somebody else's plane ticket. But the bat me one, No, it's true.
Speaker 3: They have there for four hundred people have already had to be released because we have nowhere to put them.
Speaker 2: There's there's literally no way to stash them.
Speaker 3: Uh, So we took the money we collected these people, non violent felons, and we had let them go. You know, I we'll come back next Tuesday when the when the beds open up. They've got Guantanamo Bay going uh And I do I have no problem with Guantanama.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people do.
Speaker 3: If that's where If you're emptying the violent felons out of our prisons and you're putting them somewhere, I have no problem with with them going to Guantanamo. You know, they shouldn't be they shouldn't be here anyway. I don't want to pay, as I said, the forty eight thousand last week, to house them. Send them back where they where they came from if they can't behave here in this country.
Speaker 1: But Guantanamo Bay is notorious for being such a wretched and horrible, horrible place. And I'm not I'm not saying that if you did a horrible crab, you probably don't deserve that. But what about the ones who haven't the innocence that he's shipping over there. They were just immigrants, they didn't commit terrible Well.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to be at this time, because sometimes he missays things. It is only supposed to be the violent felons, not even the non violent felons. It's suposed to down there, it's supposed to just be the violent fairfelon.
Speaker 1: So we'll say, you said, hold on, wait, you say he missed this thing. It's kind of like he's going to take over the Godza strip. You know he miss it.
Speaker 3: Did you see when he said that? Did you see net Nyahu's face like this wasn't in the script? Can you imagine a country just giving it over to us, like the Middle East doesn't hate us enough as it is that, you know, the big bad American. We think we're better than everybody else. Now this blowhod has to go and say something like that. And we won't even make Puerto Rico a full state because of their death, and they have to become solvent.
Speaker 2: What does God have to offer us?
Speaker 3: And never mind Netniavut wants the land, It makes absolutely it was the silliest thing whenever he goes off script.
Speaker 2: Sweet Jesus, that's what his people must be saying, Oh God, he did it again.
Speaker 1: And and we have said or I have said this with you on this podcast for at least a couple of months. Just let him speak for three or four minutes. He never says this is why, and this is my only thought. This is my thought. This is not Bobby staut or iHeart or laugh and learn black effect. This is for me. I think that the underplay for the old play, for the underplay was they needed Trump's popularity to win the presidency when they really did want bands to be the president. Because he's young, he thinks like them, he will listen, he will not go off script, and he can be controlled. You cannot control Trump because Trump thinks that he controls everything. So I truly believe that Trump will not make it through a whole year as a president, not like he's not gonna be a live or anything. But they used his popularity to get those votes to get him in that position, just because they knew they were gonna get somebody who was not a hot head, somebody who could be controlled, who could be told what to do, because they still everybody answers to somebody, you can't Trump what to do. I kind of see that, Bobby to me, and I could be wrong, but that is what I see with this time situation. Because yeah, because now you're even seeing that some of the Republicans that are giving him pushback, like with this whole God's thing. He's like, no, he's And then Joe Biden for them to say that he was as crazy as he was or he was incapacitating man when him putting all of those federal judges in position before he left. They've been road blocking and stopping Trump here left and right, this way, that way. So Biden played his hand, and he played it well if you ask me, but with this one anyway, with this position, but this is it sounds a little fishy to be Bobby. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He certainly took care of the people that he cared about and the people he thought were going to be left behind with all the silly rhetoric that he's going after you, and although look at him, he is going somebody's going after the FBI people. You know, we have thousands of FBI people of the you know, men and women, don't know what you call them, all colligeus agents.
Speaker 2: I guess that are that.
Speaker 3: Are kind of on the chopping block from for doing their own job. I was watching Chris Christy on This Week with Jeorge Cheffanopolis this week, and he was talking about how long it takes you know, when he was when he was governor, you know, he got to learn, you know, a lot, a lot of different information. And he says it takes eighteen months for an FBI agent to go through the whole process of the training process. And then they're a new FBI agent that doesn't have all the information and all the plays yet, right, they have to kind of apprentice under somebody. That's my word, not his. So if he's trying, he's looking to get rid of fifteen hundred or whatever the number is that he's looking that did the investigation of January sixth, their job, and he's looking to get rid of who's what is that going to do for our for our world safety? Like, who's gonna fill There'll be nobody left? What's it going to go to McDonald's When he's picking up his burger.
Speaker 2: Hey, do you like to wear a suit?
Speaker 1: Well, who's going to protect America? If we so busy fighting with each other, Because it looks like the racism in this country is winning over everything else. So if we're so busy fighting with each other in the civil War, we're just sitting ducks to our enemies. Who's already ready to pounce. They already see us as weak and broken and displaced. And what the media is not covering is it is so many protests all over the world about this new administration. They are protesting everywhere, but the media, the American media is not really covering that.
Speaker 3: No, everybody, because it's embarrassing if they did, I mean, what they think of Trump unfortunately, and the stupid stuff. And I misquoted everybody. It's not fifteen hundred, it's five thousand people that investigated that he's looking to probably cut, which I don't even know how many FBI agents we have, it's probably half the workforce, for the love of God.
Speaker 1: And now and now with him saying that he wants to do a buyout for all the federal workers because he wants to get rid of it. When is and that deadline is coming so much.
Speaker 2: It's a hold. It was it's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to be midnight tonight, but that's a federal judge put it on a hold and said no, so we'll see what happens there. So he's being stopped like he's trying to throw like pasta on the walls, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and see what sticks.
Speaker 3: He's he's a lot of the stuff. He just doesn't have the right to do it. But we've already said this, you know, in the past two weeks he's been in it's gonna cost us a fortune for all of these legal fees that we're going to have to again, money that's just being kind of pitdled away.
Speaker 2: It could be put somebodywhere else.
Speaker 3: It could be North Carolina that had the catastrophe, the fires in California. I'd rather see people getting fed than Attorney's going to fight stuff that he.
Speaker 2: Just doesn't have the right to do.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just I mean, like, oh God, look at Mosque, I mean, our new I don't know if he's a tried president.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you call him.
Speaker 3: He's not a vice president. Trying to get rid of that the USA I D. And strangely enough, he Chris Cuomo is just doing a piece on it yesterday that usaai D is actually investigating Musque on a deal that they had.
Speaker 2: Isn't that interesting.
Speaker 3: It's the first group that he's going after, and they have less than one percent of the budget, you know, it's all foreign eight. Less than one percent of the budget. Is the USA I d so why would you go after them? Go after something more meedy that's going to show. But he's trying to get rid of them.
Speaker 1: It makes you think that, like, how much money is enough? Money? Elon Musk is worth five hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 2: It's not about money right now, it's about billion dollars.
Speaker 1: I understand that it's about power. But with this power, they're trying to acquire so much money. So I understanding that this world is to have and have nuts, But I understand how much do you have to have to say that I've finally arrived? He is the richest man on the planet financially. How much do you have to have to be able to say that I've arrived. I got enough? You know, even if you're not gonna help nobody else. Is there no number?
Speaker 3: I don't think there are. You know, these are people that are they're kind of built a little differently. He's God bless him, he's built a little differently.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 2: I have read that he is on the spectrum right.
Speaker 3: So he's a genius because they you know, usually they are if they're aspergers, but they don't have a lot of social cues.
Speaker 2: And he's clearly missing the social cue. I mean, just look a lot.
Speaker 3: Look at DEI, right, they're getting rid of DEI. They set that down. That's something that just kind of puts us all on a level of playing field. But there are and this is where are guys we have This is where we exert our power. So there are many companies that are still fully invested. Nike, Gap, Old Navy, Adidas, Puma, Levi, Senti, Airbnb, Delta, I love my Delta, United, Disney, Pinterest, Uber, you can go on, I could. I could keep reading them, Ben and Jerry's, Macy's, Nordstrum, Dollar Tree, Apple, You shop there, so you know, get your stuff at Macy's. You might not go somewhere else. You know, Walgreens is the pharmacy.
Speaker 2: You notice the other.
Speaker 1: Bandman's Microsoft, look, Cinnabon, jam Moe, Southwest, Old, Navy, norths Strum. I do love me a dollar Tree, well, Apple, So there are some, like you said, but there are some places calling for And here's the hurt part, because I see the thing that he's set in an executive order. Donald Trump's signed an executive order today for low income and public housing. Now, he said, and he's supposed to go in the twenty twenty six, so some of these people will have less than two years to get together. But if you're removing d I, which a lot of people don't understand that a lot of white women really profit from DEI, A lot of Caucasian women probably.
Speaker 2: Women across the board, right, you know, it protects them.
Speaker 1: So and if you remove that and then these people can't work and or can't work a job where it's enough to pay this astronomical economy that we're facing that's really coming like a damn hurricane, like a tsunami, then what do you want? But remember that ever since President Trump got in office, privatized prisons, the stockcast we have astronomically, they're going to make it illegal to be homeless, and they put you in prison. But then they're gonna have you. You can't get a job because of you black, or because you're Asian, or because you're Latino, or because you're gay, or because whatever whatever discrepancy they want to hold up against you, So you have no other option but to be homeless, because what are you gonna do? It is it is it just sounds like it's all set up like a them no fit for us as American citizens that are not part of the halves to absolutely lose.
Speaker 3: It is a separation of them. I mean, Joe Biden Bliss's heart was trying to get rid of private prisons. He said, there is no place, you know, there's no place here for them. It's if we're putting them in jail, we should be the ones that are monitoring them, you know, because you don't want to find them out for free labor either. You know, it's one thing to have free labor so that the prison runs. Remember they used to.
Speaker 2: Do when we were a little kids, license plates.
Speaker 3: Right, so, because that was that was something that was made for the system, for our system, to make our government golong. But these people are they're making somebody else rich. It's not for to make the system go on.
Speaker 1: And I have a friend in the prison system right now. If the going rate, he told me right now, is a dollar a day, oh yeah, it's so, it's definitely slave laboring. It's slave labor a dollar a day. But y'all because a lot of people who voted for Trump, holler stimulus check. You get seventy five cent a day at the stimulus check. But now you're in prison with no freedom, no liberties. You're being told what to do, when to do, how to do it, and where to do it before a whole extra quarter because you voted for him, because you thought you was gonna get a stimulus check. No, but you do get three. You do get three free meals. What you're gonna eat? I wouldn't, I wouldn't feed to my dogs, but you will get three free meals.
Speaker 2: Well, because the.
Speaker 3: Old prisons were under FDA, like, they had all sorts of guidelines that they had to follow.
Speaker 2: It was like having school food. But now they don't have to do anything.
Speaker 3: Remember this is all thirty secs of the executive Order so far that President Trump has signed are directly from Project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: The piece that he never read. I do believe he never read it. I think that his problem.
Speaker 1: I don't even I don't think he reads the crayon he did it.
Speaker 3: I don't think, well, I don't. I really think he's got like an add problem. And I do too, so I get I'm not blaming him fat, but I don't think he can get through. He's not disciplined enough to actually read and get through.
Speaker 2: He kicks his him.
Speaker 3: He gets it like orally he gets his information. But you know, if he's got thirty six, that's pretty he's bands transgender kids from or you know, women from playing in sports. You know that's directly from there. Being in the troops, that's directly from there.
Speaker 1: So you know it's okay. So now you know, you know I'm about to open my mouth on this. Yeah. So as far as it goes with the transgender troops, I I mean with the military, I don't like that. I think that because if you want to serve the country, and you should, you should be able to because some people feel very patriotic that way a and they should be discriminated against male or female or however they identify. As far as the sports, saying sitting on the Rector's Club in twenty nineteen, and they tried to kill the messenger that I did not think that we should it was fair to have transgender women compete against biological women, not only because I'm a daughter, but because I'm a transgender woman, and I understand the different levels of our strength or what have you, the physicalities, the way we even think with our hearts and mind. But another thing was kept saying I did have a I had a solution of creating a lane, but we put they pushed so hard to get transgender women in women's sports that now they're banned from playing the Olympics at all. When all you had to do was create a lane for transgender athletes and we would have that opportunity if are the ones who are actual athletes to play in a place where they were safe, where it was you know it just yes, And they just did not get what I was saying. And I know sometimes I can say speak a little aggressively and it might not come out the way you want to get it. But if you shut up and listen to the message.
Speaker 3: I was saying, but you hear me, now, yeah, no, I mean that said, do we think that anybody that's transgender or anybody that's anything to be able to have everything that everybody? Of course we do, but the reality is it's it's unfortunate that some people just don't see it that way. So if you go slow and steady, like the like the tortoise, I think you you get a little bit more. Let people get used to you, let people it's unfortunate. So now it's like an ink which just it looks, I don't know, just so discriminatory. I just I can't stand it. But did you see that Musks, one of his minions, got in and got some of the information for the for the Treasury. I think that they got there. Yeah, and they they've they're kind of racist and had a bunch of stuff on their social media.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump appointed who he wanted to qualified for these hysics maybe brilliing at what he does, yeah, all his other stuff, but not here. But he has asked Burgers as Berger's being pop feel crowded with Asbergers when he Trump's rallies.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's I'm saying that because I'm guessing because he is brilliant, so I'm guessing usually asked Burgers.
Speaker 2: You know, they they're not great socially.
Speaker 1: That was a hypothetical question because people who have asked, very very very don't want no crowds, no groups. So he but they're saying on the media because this is not as we.
Speaker 2: Yeah that you just said a Trump told you.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: He did tell everybody.
Speaker 3: He absolutely told everybody what he was going to do, and people are kind of shocked. And I think that the I've been watching the news and I'm watching the Democrats, and it's so outraged, and we'll just do something about it. Fix your messaging, get a plan, work for stop at the outrage. You already knew what he was going to do. He wants to get rid of the Department of Education, right, so a lot of stuff is going to end up getting dismantled, not headstart. You know, there are no there are a number of programs because they're state funded as well, that aren't.
Speaker 2: But you know, don't get.
Speaker 3: Poor people all upset who don't have a plot to pissent or a window to throw it out, thinking their kids aren't going to get exactly what it means that loans. You know, there's a whole bunch of things that will go away. Don't over don't blow it up and again fix it. Let's get the house in the sad back in two years.
Speaker 2: What's the plan for that.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard anybody talking about that flame, you know, anybody from the dem side.
Speaker 2: I haven't fix it.
Speaker 1: I completely agree with you, Bobby, and I'm telling you right now. I told you at the top of this year, when when when Trump won, I'm gonna have to switch my party. I'm really going to have to break away from the Democrats because I don't like the weakness. I don't know if it's fear, I don't because they don't show fear to us publicly. I don't know what's going on privately, but publicly they're not protecting us. And we went over beyond overboard and backwards for the Democratic Party so many times. I don't think we've we've been this crazy about what's going on since uh President Obama that we came out and drove to vote for. But they just don't seem to care about us, Bobby, And I don't mean it like that, but I mean that they have no oof. They don't have they don't have any gumption, they don't have any courage they let them. They have no strategy, no plan. I'm with you, Bobby. We should hear about what they're setting up to do now. Because Donald Trump has made thirty six executive orders in two weeks, some shit that would take four years, if not two terms for another president. Why we can't do that? Why the Democrats can come in gangster like that.
Speaker 3: It's it's the plan, it's the I don't know. I just I'm so sick of hearing about how he is worse. Then we all know everybody Helen tell her if she was alive, would know that he was worse than anybody else. But that's not fixing it. Okay, So how are you going to change it? What are we gonna do? Exactly? What have we done in the past? Where were our mistakes made? Let's let's get some transparency, and how are we going to move forward? You know, I don't, It's it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 3: I keep saying I'm going to become an independent because I'm like disgusted.
Speaker 1: I just can't. Uh yeah, or undecided, because I'm right now, Bobby, I'm undecided. I'm not rolling with the Trump campaign. I'm not. I don't like any of the things. I don't like that they're stopping, uh that apparent Apparently, according to the media, he's going to stop HIV medication for people who have HIV. Uh he could do that.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, you know how I think he can do it. I'm not. I'm with you, Bobby, that they're gonna they may fight him on it, but you know how I think he can do it because they they were. He was given every branch of government, including the police, the military, and the Supreme Court, and they handed it to him on the Nobody wants That's.
Speaker 3: How I think a huge disease like that going to Nobody wants to go back to the eighties plane because right now, because of the men's nobody dies from AIDS anymore.
Speaker 2: You know, in comparison, it's so little. They live with it. They live a long healthy life. Now, I don't know about the magic they might remember.
Speaker 1: Let me change that on you for you, Bobby, I'm gonna push give you a little pushback on that. And you said nobody dies from it. But they also put out a few years ago that we were overpopulated in this world by about eight three billion, So you know, and you hate to think like that diabolical. But now look at all the stuff that's coming out about the CoviVac saying, I don't know what, you don't know what to believe. And that is the problem when we don't know, But we look to our leaders and we look to our people that we put in office to tell us and to be honest with us and to keep us in frisk. That is what is getting scary. In this country because you don't know who to trust. The ones we put all that faith in scary they don't gonna do shit. And the ones who we who they did vote for because I didn't vote for him, I voted for her. Who did you get in the office a madman? Good God? They all over to the and women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we have to do something he's but we have to also not get crazy like some of the stuff he's going on about how great immigration is, and he's the birthright citizenship, he's getting rid of it.
Speaker 2: We've already had a judge block it. They've already been murmuring supposedly from the Supreme Court. It's not it's in our constitution. It's been there forever.
Speaker 3: He's got more people that are being deported by the day ever in history. He's about the same numbers if we research it as President Obama had. So he's still not you know, for all, he just just blusters and he talks, and we all have to kind of like have a blind put a blind dye to it, and look what he's actually doing. I can still tell you, while he is being a little transparent, it's going to be a little more painful for a little bit of time. He hasn't done anything for us middle people yet. There's nothing the gas prices of their say is when Joe was here, the egg prices have gone up a bunk like we could go down. He hasn't done anything for us yet. So that's what you pay attention to. And democratic leadership. If you were listening, if we're lucky enough to have you listen, get you know, shopping your pencil and brush off your paper and get a plan.
Speaker 2: Two years goes buying a blank.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, listen. Just him saying that we're gonna feel a little pain, as if he has ever experienced any kind of pain financially. I know he had many businesses that went bankrupted on but he always came out like a cat and landed on his feet because somebody else have saved him or to him out. So just for him to say that pain, listen, you gave it would be crazy by me. When people cannot afford to feed their families, they will rob you going to the grocery store, they will follow you home. It will get outrageous and then not I don't think that they're considering that people get there desperate to look out for their families and themselves and their loved ones. Yeah, I don't think they're considering it. I think they just don't care now he's on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, short term pain. That was I think that was his expression. With these tariffs, that's what we're talking about. You know, the last time they had tariffs, you know, it put us into the depression. It made things worse. You just it's not how you can't get rid of income tax.
Speaker 2: You can't do it this way.
Speaker 3: We just it's just just taking it from one system and you're putting it into another. We're going to pay more, you know, the US the postal Service isn't even taking packages from China that are under eight hundred dollars anymore. I mean, it's but you know what we talked about it several times. Things sometimes have to be broken in order for in order for them to be fixed. Maybe people have to see that what he's talking about is nuts, and they'll come up with another plan.
Speaker 2: But we're going to do something.
Speaker 1: And hopefully my prayer is that we have enough Republicans that will in the old God that will say no, just no, we've got guard are gonna do what they're told. They've fallen in line. So I'm hoping that we got enough from the old guard because it looks like they just running, like I don't even want to deal with this, I just want I only want to be bothered with it. So they allow him to appoint all of his his minions, and his minions think like he wants them to think like he thinks, and that's what he wants. If you don't think like he wants you to think, you're out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's you're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But he's had a lot of ideas this week and the Middle East Riviera can you imagine h Gaza is certainly not one of them. So pay attention, Pay attention to what for these midterm elections, what people are saying, you know, listen to the people that are saying things that you like to hear, because so far, I'm not impressed. It's the first time days I know we're going to be nuts because that's where he's he's going to try to make a bones.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know. Flame.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what, Bobby, we're gonna find out because we're gonna be stuck in it for how long? How long we're gonna be stuck.
Speaker 2: In this well for solid two years.
Speaker 3: I mean we have to eat eat yes, and then if the midterms, if we won, he can't get anything done at that point.
Speaker 1: Well with the way, with the way that Trump is, the path that he is on right now, ladies and gentlemen, with all the destruction and the major changes he's trying to he's trying to turn back the Civil Rights Act of nineteen sixty four just so much. You know, it would take probably two lifetimes for things to get back to what we considered what we considered before he got in office as normal.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's going to take a long time because we have to. Yeah, we have to just to not to gain We've already talked to about that, just to roll things back to where they were. And so in a way, it's like a lost four years where we could have made progress. And if we had somebody that was willing to promote bipartisanship, you know, if we had a leader like that, we could have made some games. But we at this point, just get through it. That's how I'm feeling.
Speaker 1: Yes, just get through it. Slo. What's the Virginia slims Virginia slims ad slogan? You've come a long with baby as American citizens, especially as a black person in this country. We had made strats. We have really come a long way, and we're allowing now for somebody not to take us back ten years or twenty years, thirty years, sixty years of progress in a country where we have more black we have more rich black people and Asians and Latinos on TV that you saw mainstream that could work and could help you and teach you and were leaders and that people actually looked up to and respect it, and they didn't have to do it in hiding. Now we're gonna lose all of that back because of a few greedy heads that want to have the power and a few lost souls that fail for a bunch of oki doke and bullshit that different our communities and organizations and just people were pushing down their throats and made them look at us sad ways. You might not like the way I said what I said, but I'm telling you right now we had made real progress and just for it all to be taken away just like that, it's very sound.
Speaker 2: It's very sound.
Speaker 1: The Democratic Party needed a game plan and a strategy. They really showed weakness because they were so busy fighting each other that they forget that we were fighting a real monster. We were fighting a real monster.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 3: Well, we have to do better, people, and we all everybody to vote. You can't, you know, stay home because you don't think that.
Speaker 1: Don't work no more. Bobby, did you hear what Donald Trump, your president said? He said that. Oh my god, my friend Elon musk Oh, he went down and he you know, you know, he's a whiz with those voting count of machines, and he just worked on it and he recruited people. And oh yeah, we won by a landslide. But nowhere in history has any president ever won all the swing states in a landslide. Never.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if it's if there was anything anything crazy going on. I did see polls and the writing was sort of on the wall. People were angry. The Democrats were not coming out. They thought everybody was doing their home record like we do. So when they said the economy was good, they knew people were suffering day to day, but they just thought people would look at the global market and see that we're doing so much better than everybody else.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not what people wanted to hear, so you know, we got to figure it out.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of people in the bullpen that that Shapiro will be good, Gavin Newsom would be great, Hakeem Jeffreys is definitely a leader.
Speaker 2: That who is I always forget her name, the lady from Michigan.
Speaker 3: SE's terrific. We got We got people who can do the job. We just need somebody to package it. We need a good marketer.
Speaker 1: They got to stop waiting till the eleventh hour, Like Jesus, listen, we had ten fifty nine fifty nine. Y'all got to come on with it.
Speaker 2: Yep, exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and listen, we are we are intercrine ladies and gentlemen and laugh and learn land. But we are also survivors. And for those who don't know how to survive, understand that we all have to tighten own bells. When they say it's gonna be painful, that is a nice way of saying that a lot of people are gonna really suffer behind this being this we're gonna have we may have to live two three family and families in an apartment. Yeah, that's the way we're gonna We're gonna have to go back to something that you guys don't understand, but you're gonna have to learn to understan saying it, because that is where they're gonna put us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mac and cheese, Mac and cheese.
Speaker 1: And and to think that all of this could have been avoided if we would have just turned the page. And that's because that's what she kept saying. We we and voted differently, But I think y'all really wanted to know. I'm looking at all these Cuban Americans and Latino Americans that supported Trump. They had a whole little get down, and now he is arresting them, and woo woo. It's no better for you. It is no better for you because you bettered against yourself. That is what I say when I say you're if you're empty, somebody can pour anything into you. He poured a lie into you, and you believed the lie. And now you're you're a fucking statistic because you fail for the okie, do good for you? Okay, Bobby, we're gonna hold that. That's it, girl, I'm ready to go all around page. I'm just I'm just angry. You cannot be dumb and stupid. You have to pick one. Ladies, gentlemen, thank you guys for joining us. This is show number thirty five. We really appreciate you. Please tell your friends to download Laugh Along on iHeart, under the Black Effect Network, Spotify, Apple, Amazon, or wherever you listen to your podcast at because me and my co host Bobby Clifford will be right there to give you what we know, how we know, and the way we know it. We won't always get along, but we will always agree because that's what we are Americans. And here Left and Learn we have the same model. It will never change. Here at laft alone, we are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because why about a.
Speaker 2: Mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 1: And where can they follow you at Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 3: They can follow me at Bobby Clifford on Facebook, on Clifford Bobby on Instagram. I don't know how far we are into the seventy five days on TikTok, but I'm Bobby Clifford on that as well.
Speaker 1: And if you have stories or ideas.
Speaker 3: Yes, please go to the Laugh and Learn podcast on Instagram and just DM me leave me a message, Bobby.
Speaker 1: No new pictures, y'all know, had none it quite some time. She ain't gonna know what to do.
Speaker 2: With And I haven't had that for some time. And I've been very appreciative that I haven't had to have a stroke.
Speaker 1: And you can follow me on all social media platforms. That's flame my rod. I do coffee time in the morning and at Monroe Flame on Instagram and on face on YouTube. Ladies, Jah, We thank you guys for riding with us and right with us. Thank you to our producer Aaron Howard. Four years we'll laugh and learn. We're hoping that another year coming to some politics ain't gonna stop. The politics ain't gonna stop. And uh listen, we're all in this together. When the Titanic went down, some of the rich people got off, but a lot of rich people died. They same with the with them with the poor people. We are all on this ship right down. And we'll tell you right now, we got to get us some big old oars, because some big old paddles. Because good guy, here we go. Okay, Bobby Clifford, if nobody ain't told you today, I'm Materia. I love you, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: We're American. See we get along and we look like Twinians that we don't just like all right, this week back, don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, our Heart Radio app, or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn