Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great weekend. Everybody gang is all back from Vegas. Everybody returned some state of extra day to watch Pitbull in concert.
Speaker 3: The back room guys did. But everybody's here.
Speaker 2: Fritzy, Seaton, Marv Pauli, yours truly, and of course the brg's make sure you take advantage of the offer going to Danpatrick dot com.
Speaker 3: The calendars.
Speaker 2: There's autograph non autograph calendars, and it's a takeoff on iconic magazine covers and Fritzy and Seaton. Uh probably stood out with their different months that they were at one point.
Speaker 3: I think there is nudity.
Speaker 2: I will say that there's nudity in the calendar, Todd nudity. Anybody else nude in the Seaton? Are you nude in this calendar?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not nude. You have your top off. I do have my top office sports bra on, don't you well? Yes I do, Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Of course you do.
Speaker 2: There that's a tease for you. But you can go to danpatrick dot com. Also check out the Tailgate store. See I can get an autograph calendar. Select Tailgate Moonshine purchases while supplies. Last stat of the day brought to you by Patini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. It's Carolina against the Niners. And it feels like this would be a Thursday night game, but it's a really relevant Monday night game, the Panthers and the Niners. And I think the Niners are favored by six and a half something like that, so it could be fun.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 2: Actually it's now seven and a half. Panthers getting seven and a half against the Niners over unders. For entertainment purposes, forty nine and a half eight seven seven to three DP show operators sitting by Tyler or take your phone calls good morning if you're watching on Peacock it's a streaming partner and also the NBC Sports Network. Robert griff In the third will join us. Coming up a little bit, we'll talk with the Rick Neuheisel about Lane Kiffin's decision, the pending decision that will probably be announced by Friday or at the end of Friday. Raiders have fired their offensive coordinator, Chip Kelly. They were averaging fifteen points per game. They brought him in and obviously thought with that quarterback running back tight end, they were going to put up some points, and they did not. They put up some disap points. Oh that's not bad.
Speaker 5: Or in a while you got one.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm still under the weather. Okay.
Speaker 5: I doctored that in with the bloop that I gave you.
Speaker 2: So they fire Chip Kelly. Chiefs over the Colts. And that's one of those games where the Chiefs. Chiefs are going to look back on that game and go, thank god we got that win, and the Colts might look back on that and go, we could have put them.
Speaker 3: We could have put them to bed.
Speaker 2: The rest of the AFC is going to look back and go, come on, Colts, act like you are a contender. And that was their moment, that was their here we go. Let's see the Colts. Let's go.
Speaker 3: They're winning twenty to nine and I'm going are right.
Speaker 2: But it was too much time and their offense wasn't doing anything, and then you gave the Homes an opportunity and they were opportunistic.
Speaker 3: So the Chiefs. What's the schedule coming up? PAULI? It eases up a little.
Speaker 6: Bit there at the Cowboys on Thanksgiving host the Texans host the Chargers at the Titans versus host, the Broncos at the Raiders. A lot of winnable games.
Speaker 2: I'd look at two of them that I would say, the Raiders and the Titans. But I'm the Texans are good. I wouldn't rule that out. They go to Dallas, Dallas is playing, Well, that's not a W. I mean, if it is, it's kind of a double not W do you wish? Yeah, the Chargers Bronco. No, just say, you know, maybe there's maybe there's three wins in there, let's say four, so that puts them at Does that give him ten wins? What?
Speaker 5: Yes? Six four wins? We'll get to ten and seven with four wins the rest of it.
Speaker 3: Now, you didn't even buzz in. You were like, the rest standings.
Speaker 5: Very well, and six or five four wins tenants?
Speaker 2: Okay, ten and seven should get him in in the AFC. All right, I was wondering about this. Let's say we looked at the MVP candidates and I already mentioned this first hour. According to DraftKings, it's Matthew Stafford's to lose.
Speaker 3: Then it's Drake May.
Speaker 2: Those are the two guys who it looks like have a legitimate shot to win this, Jonathan Taylor well down the list, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes. What if the NFL did what college football does for the Heisman? What if we invited four candidates, maybe five if you want to, but let's say four to the NFL Honors Night. Matthew Stafford, Jamiir Gibbs, Drake May, Jackson Smith, NJIGMA.
Speaker 3: I think that would be fun.
Speaker 2: Now, you're not going to have Gibbs or Smith NJIGMA win, but you want representation there, and I think that would be great. And if there's another candidate you want to throw in there, yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: Okay for the fifth spot, Miles Garrett or Jonathan Taylor, the running back of the.
Speaker 3: Corp, I would put Miles Garrett. I'd put Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: Miles Garrett's gonna end up with the all time sack record, single season sack record, and he had three sacks.
Speaker 3: He's got eighteen on the season.
Speaker 2: So since the NFL began tracking individual sacks in nineteen eighty two, the only player to have more sacks through the first twelve games of a season Reggie White. He had nineteen in his first twelve games. That was back in nineteen eighty seven. Stat of Today brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. The Browns had ten sacks in the win against the Raiders, and that is the most in a single game since nineteen eighty four. Also, Shadoor Sanders is the first Browns quarterback to win his first NFL start since the franchise returned to Cleveland in nineteen ninety nine. They had seventeen quarterbacks make their first NFL start in a Brown's uniform, and they all lost.
Speaker 4: Oh stall of a.
Speaker 7: Day, Stanta Day, Statava Day, Stantata day.
Speaker 3: This is the stant of the day.
Speaker 2: I haven't spent a lot of time on Shoudor Sanders, and rightfully so, because any other quarterback whose name is not Shudor Sanders, we're probably not spending that much time. And I know that Dion was at the game. He he had a couple of big moments there. I just want to let him be able to play instead of letting the media use him, you know, as a talking point, because I don't need any declarations on Shador Sanders.
Speaker 3: I don't need it.
Speaker 2: Hey, if he would have started the entire season, okay, he didn't. Let's see what he does. Be fair to the kid. And he had three big plays, but he didn't beat himself. He didn't lose a game for his team. He had an interception, but he acted like a rookie quarterback. So there's positives there. Now you're beating the Raiders. Okay, Let's see how he does next game against the forty nine ers and give him a chance. And I hope he gets a chance to start a few more games. Then you can find find out if he can play or not and put that. But if you're going to go with those numbers and say hey, we'll take those those numbers, well, that means your defense has to play like that against everybody and you're not going to win a lot of games if that's the case where you're waiting for your defense to have ten sacks. Now, I want to see if he can push the ball down the field. He had a couple of big plays. He will throw the ball deep. I think he gave the Browns a boost. I thought it was great. Uh come in play and uh you know, see if there's something that they can add, you know, to the play calling here. But it's good if I give Dylan Gabriel a couple more starts. I give Shador Sanders a couple more starts. And really, in what I was told is Dylan Gabriel was quicker at the line of scrimmage and getting the ball out. That was the big thing that he couldn have the you know, same arm as Shadoor. Neither of them is really that mobile, uh, I mean athletic. But and that's what I don't want to see any kind of rushing numbers with Shadoor Sanders. I want him staying in the pocket. I want him you know, now he rolled right a couple of times, that's great, but I don't want him trying to, you know, revert back to college days where you're trying to extend to play. But I thought, for the most part, that was pretty good. And I'll go back to what I said prior to the draft. I thought, the Raiders, we're going to take him. With Tom Brady there mentoring him, and the fact that you needed a backup quarterback for Gino Smith, I thought he was obviously going higher. And then all of a sudden I talked to my source and said, you know, he's dropping for a variety of reasons. But what you saw yesterday good for him and the Cleveland Browns more importantly, Yeah, PAULI.
Speaker 6: Right now, the Browns had the second rank defense and yards given up in the NFL. What a big advantage for any young quarterback to have that. No, not a lot of pressure to put up thirty five points.
Speaker 2: Dak Prescott through for three point fifty four. He surpassed Tony Romo for the most in Cowboys franchise history. And they came back from twenty one zip. That equals the biggest comeback in franchise history. You go back to twenty fourteen against the Rams and with the Eagles, the questions are there. It's weird how we're not quite sure, like what is happening here? You're not running the football. Give credit to Dallas the up the run Saquon Barkley, but do you have twenty six yards? I mean that's crazy and a fumble. I mean their best play might be the tush push. Why not just line up and just do that to an entire series, Just go We're just going to do this down the field. Let's make a total mockery of the tush push. But you just keep watching and you're going there there's something there. And I've said this from the outset that there just felt like there was some kind of disconnect, something, an underlying.
Speaker 3: Issue or two.
Speaker 2: And you saw that you're up twenty one nothing and nobody's got any worries until you're not scoring any points. In Dallas all of a sudden makes a couple of plays and give them credit. You know, Dallas, it's become it's gonna be a you don't just say that's a w Yeah, Chiefs got the Cowboys and that's not a given and that defense that'll be an interesting test for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul, if.
Speaker 6: You were Saquon Barkley, they were on the one yard line last night the Eagles after our catch, would you be salty at all that you don't get the ball at the one yard line to punch it in? Well, their best play is a tousch push, right, But also he's a really tough goal line running back. You wouldn't mix it up a little bit and keep your star running back happy.
Speaker 3: I was with a couple people yesterday.
Speaker 6: We were discussing It's like, if you're Barkley, you'd be like, let's.
Speaker 3: Mix it up.
Speaker 2: No, I score a touchdown. I'm not here for feelings. I got a win, Like, hey, let's give it to Saquon, keep him happy. I got to score a touchdown. And this is an offense that's been spotty, Yes, Todd, but.
Speaker 8: If they're all expecting the toushbush, what about rolling out and then it's hurts, take it around the bend or if they come up on you a little dump it to the tight end.
Speaker 5: Just once in a while.
Speaker 8: I kind of would like to see that everyone's expecting you to just push forward and even as high a.
Speaker 5: Percentage as that is, just roll out and run it in.
Speaker 3: You don't stump it.
Speaker 2: You don't get extra points for creativity. No, you know what, We're gonna give you eight points.
Speaker 8: But give them something to think about in their quarters and weeks to come down.
Speaker 5: Wait, once in a while, they don't do the twitch perss, they go around the bend.
Speaker 4: What's the poll question for hour two seton? We got one here from Paul the over five hundred team. You believe in the least.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: He's gonna start with his Bears, then Jaguars, Panthers, forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: It's weird to believe in Carolina more than Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: But I've watched two full games with the Panthers.
Speaker 4: And it's weird for the forty nine ers to be on that list with those teams and make sense, like I don't know, Yeah, pauling.
Speaker 6: To be Devil's advocate here with the Bears. The quarterback they quarterbacks they've beaten in the last six games, Mason Rudolph, Agian McCarthy, Jackson Dart, Joe Flacco, Tyler Huntley which they lost to, and Spencer Rattler. They're doing it against not the best quarterbacks. It makes you question what they could do against a good team, a very good team.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I still think they're a playoff caliber team.
Speaker 3: Of course I said that last year as well, but.
Speaker 2: Jacksonville still that, like they got seven wins, like it's just you're going, okay, all right. And I'm watching the NFC South Dang Panthers. I mean, Panthers could win their division. My Panthers could win the division. There, I'm watching the Falcons. I tune in and I see Kirk Cousins hesitate on an in route and he throws a pick six, and I was like, oh my god, kirkty cousins watching the Saints. I watch the litle bit of that Taysom Hill got in a corner back.
Speaker 6: All they're always surprised when he runs it.
Speaker 3: I know they're always surprised.
Speaker 2: Uh, Taysom Hill's in, here's a run, and then he does run. I think he lost yards there. Yes, Seed, it.
Speaker 4: Feels like we're running down a lot of times a lot of teams. I still have the Mike Tomlin topic in my head a little bit where I'm like, man, I bet those teams would trade with a with a Mike Tomlin like run. Oh yeah for a while. Man, I think sometimes being competitive, even if you don't win, it's a little underrated.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but the bar was set so high, and I think, now, okay, let me see if he's we're going to go back to a super Bowl, we're gonna go to an AFC title game. That your that's your expectations in Carolina. It's just get through the season without getting fired or you know, Tennessee, uh some of these other Saints where you're going, you know, what's your what's your goal? Not get fired? Try to make it through all seventeen games. Yes, Marmon Seton's.
Speaker 9: Point, the Steelers really haven't had like a great roster. Their defense hasn't been all that great besides TJ. Watt, and they haven't had a quarterback. So it's pretty admirable for Tomlin to do what he's been doing with this roster.
Speaker 3: They're not good, Yeah, but why aren't they good? Did they have talent?
Speaker 2: Remember they had to get rid of their GM, and then they got rid of their GM, and then so is it the GM?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've had some defensive playmakers aside from TJ. Watt, but you know, the division, it is kind of spotty.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 2: Baltimore has been pretty good, but Cincinnati can be up and down and their coach probably will lose his job the Brown situation. No don't, but I do think that there is a local perception of Mike Tomlin that is completely different than the national perception.
Speaker 3: Yes, Mark, I'm with you.
Speaker 9: For me is great wide receivers with tons of potential that end up not doing anything for whatever reason. They go off the deep end, and I'm like, man, this is all under your watch, Mike, Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 2: Okay, but is he drafting these guys or is the GM drafting these guys? Does he have to put up with these personalities I got, I don't know the chain of command and how much, say Mike Tomlin has.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, do we really think after this many years Mike Tomlin doesn't have say in the players that they're bringing in.
Speaker 2: I would I would think he would have a say. I would imagine, But it's do I give him credit or do I give him blame? Because I don't know if he got credit for the players they did bring in that like did he want T J.
Speaker 3: Watt? Like, I don't know, Yeah, Polly.
Speaker 6: I've got a lot of notes from Steelers fans on social media saying Mike Tomlin, in their opinion, I don't know if it's a report has complete control over the roster over the past ten years, like as it works with the GM, nothing is done without Tomlin's approval.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that's true, but a lot of people say that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well then we should ding him on that that it's not Hey, you drafted him. I got to coach him. If he's involved in this, then you know he's part of the problem.
Speaker 4: Yeh See, Which is I get to that callers point he won with Cowers. Guys, yeah, and hasn't done anything with his own.
Speaker 2: How about we take a break. RG three will join us coming up. Get to more of your phone calls as well. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: Hey, this is Jason McIntyre. Join me every weekday morning on my podcast, Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre. This isn't your typical sports pod pushing the same tired narratives down your throat every day. Straight Fire gives you honest opinions on all the biggest sports headlines, accurate stats to help you win big at the sports book.
Speaker 1: And all the best guests.
Speaker 7: Do yourself a favor and listen to Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Panthers getting seven and a half tonight against the forty nine Ers a surprisingly competitive matchup here. When you look just at records Niners seven and four and the Panthers are six and five, it feels like a Thursday night game on a Monday night a seven to seven to three DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. Robert Griffin Junior the third Fox Football analyst, former Heisman winner, and his podcast is Out of Pocket with RG three. He was on the call for BYU's win over Cincinnati on Saturday. Good to see you again. Let me start with the Browns situation and what would your philosophy be, coaching philosophy be moving forward with the quarterbacking situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, Dan shed stand, this should be the starter move forward.
Speaker 11: And I say that fully knowing that if you listen to Kevin Stefanski's postgame speech, he wanted nothing with giving Shadder any type of credit for the way that the team performed. And I know the skeptics out there, I'll say, well, he had one hundred and forty six yards of yards after the catch and he had a bad interception. But when you watch the actual game and you watched how the team responded to him, you haven't seen that from a quarterback at the starting position for the Clinton Browns in quite some time. And it's just so's It's an interesting thing because when you love the game of football, sometimes the game will love you back.
Speaker 3: Not always, but sometimes it does.
Speaker 11: And when you look at Shader's situation come into the season, Joe Flacco is a starter. He's not there anymore. He's in he's in Cincinnati. Kenny Pickett is a guy they wanted to be the starter. He got hurt in training camp. Then Dylan Gabriel comes in, the guy that the head coach clearly prefers and loves, and he gets hurt and gets a concussion. So when you get your opportunity to have your first full week of practice reps with the number one offense and you go out there and you perform the way that he did to me, that just shows you when the team responds to you, they play with more purpose, they play with more excitement. The defense comes away with ten sacks. I think you have the guy in the building right now that should be the starter for the remainder of the season. And the big thing, Dan, it wasn't just like, hey take the simple stuff. It was the extended plays, the big playmaking on the broken plays that they've been missing this entire season that Shadera was able to pull off. And I think that's why he should be the starter.
Speaker 3: What do you think of this idea.
Speaker 2: If I treat the NFL MVP like the Heisman and I invite Matthew Stafford, Jamiir Gibbs, Drake May, Jackson Smith, Jigma, and Miles Garrett. Okay, what do you think if those guys are all there and we make the announcement of the MVP. So, I know, Jamir Gibbs isn't gonna win, or Smith, the Jigma, Miles Garrett because he's a defensive player, but to have representation would be great at multiple positions.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was going to say, but why not? You know we've gotten stuck on this. Hey, the quarterback has to win the MVP or the quarterback has to win the Heisman Trophy, and I don't think. I don't think that's the case at all. Right now, when you talk about the Heisman Trophy, the top two guys on my list are Jacob Rodriguez, the linebacker from Texas Tech, and Jeremiah Love, the running back from Notre Dame. So I don't know why we have to be stuck into that. I understand that quarterbacks are the sexy pick, right, They sell more jerseys, they more people know who the quarterbacks are. But I tweeted out yesterday that I think Jackson Smith and jig but should be on everybody's list.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 11: I do believe that Matt Stafford should be at the top of everybody's list because I don't think anyone's playing quarterback better than he is right now. And the Rams are absolutely rolling. But when you look at Miles Garrett, the only thing that could maybe prevent him from winning MVP is the Browns record eighteen sacks in eleven games is unheard of. He is going to add absolutely smash my colleague Michael Stohan's record when it comes to saxon a season. But I think all these guys, when you have these super impressive years Saquon Barkley last year, I felt like should have been probably should have won NFL MVP. So I am not a guy and I've been I don't want to say maligned for it, but I have been chastised for it by some of my colleagues on my stops about putting guys that are not quarterbacks in that MVP race. But this year shows you exactly what you're talking about. Dan running backs, wide receivers, defensive ends, well, they should all be in that conversation, and why not make it more of an event to go out and be able to announce the NFL MVP and truly tell those guys' stories in a unique way, just like we do with the Heisman Trophy.
Speaker 2: Should we be focusing more on the Cowboys comeback or the Eagles collapse?
Speaker 3: I think it should be focusing on the Cowboys comeback.
Speaker 11: I will say this about the Eagles. If people were upset that they were eight and two, oh, they're definitely upset now that they're eight and three and they gave up twenty four nuns at points to.
Speaker 3: Their division rival.
Speaker 11: I do believe that Jalen Hurts and the criticism around him it's not just unfair, because then we know this life is not fair, right, it is what it is. But I just think it's not justified. There's a lot of teams that wish they could be eight and three right now, and Jalen Hurts shouldn't be getting some of the criticism that he is.
Speaker 3: But to focus on the Cowboys.
Speaker 11: How amazing of a pickup has George Pickens been? I mean when you look at receivers, and this is something my coaches are talking to him all the time. Don't just look at a guy's catches in his yards, look at his targets and how many, what share or percentage of his targets is he actually catching?
Speaker 3: Do you have to throw it to him fifteen times for him to catch ten of them?
Speaker 11: And Pickins last night nine targets, nine catches, one hundred and forty six yards and talk about efficiency for them to come back the way that they did, I think he was a big part of that. Dak is obviously playing an extremely high level. Funniest thing I saw on the internet though, was the Eagles posting a wall of all their defenders and saying who's going to get past this? And after the Cowboys won, they posted a picture of Dak Prescott as the kool Aid Man and that made me last harder than anything yesterday, So that was pretty epic. They definitely won the day on Twitter for the Cowboys social media team.
Speaker 2: Okay, but why do the Steelers move on from George Pickens? And would you give him a long term deal? If you're Jerry Jones, I mean, Jerry.
Speaker 11: Jones wouldn't give Michael pars Is a long term deal. But I think when you have wide receivers, you have to be willing to manage the good with the bad. And I think in Pittsburgh George Pickens had kind of wore out his welcome. I think they felt like they were on an Antonio Brown track with him there. And you I have to give Pickens credit because I know they're gonna people are gonna, you know, kill the Steelers are saying, why would you get rid of this guy?
Speaker 3: You just got to understand all the stuff that was going on there.
Speaker 11: And now Pickens has come to the Dallas Cowboys, a team that most would say doesn't have a great team culture, and he's been a great teammate. So I just took my cap to Pickens to say to see him mature so much in just a year. I think Ceedee Lamb has a lot to do with that as well. And you know, when you go to Dallas as a receiver, there's one thing you will get, it's your numbers. And I think I have had to manage receivers who all want the ball.
Speaker 3: And at the.
Speaker 11: College level, I had four guys that could all have one hundred catches in a season. I didn't quite have that in the NFL. But you have to learn to manage those situations and those relationships while trying to win and trying to help those receivers get paid. And I think Pickens is very, very thankful for Dak Prescott because not only are they winning, but he's also getting his numbers, which is going to change his life.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to RG three his out of pocket podcast. Out of Pocket with RG three, wherever you get your podcast, give me the team or teams you're just not quite sure of right now.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, and they're not gonna like this one, but it's still for me.
Speaker 3: The Indianapolis Colts.
Speaker 11: And the reason I say that is they had a very unique opportunity this past weekend to beat Patrick Mahomes and the Kansity Chiefs in the way that no one thought they could beat them. And for Daniel Jones, he's proved a lot of people wrong, including myself, with.
Speaker 3: The way that he's played this year.
Speaker 11: But he started hot, and over the past couple of weeks he started to cool off just a little bit and maybe come back down to.
Speaker 3: Earth, but he's played his tail off.
Speaker 11: I had him in the MVP a couple of weeks ago because listen, when you Dan, you know this when you're wrong about something, you gotta admit it. And I did not think that he would play as well as he had with the Colts. But the knock on him was the same knock that was on Sam Donald, you know, the same knock that's been on other guys that have gone places and had extreme success in the regular season, but then when they get in those big time playoff matchups, they don't quite live up to the expectation. And this, to me, was a playoff game for the Colts, and they had the Chiefs beat and they came back Patrick Mahomes through for three hundred and fifty two yards, no touchdowns, but they were able to call themselves back from an eleven point deficit and win the game, And that to me was a sign of like, can Daniel Jones? Can can he close the door on a big time quarterback the best that we have I think in the galaxy still. I know Stafford is playing the best right now, but Mahomes is on pace to be the greatest ever and he couldn't.
Speaker 3: Do it on the Chiefs off day. That to me was the thing.
Speaker 11: I'm like, Man, I'm just not sure about them as a whole competing in the playoffs if they couldn't beat this version of the Kansaity Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Explain to me, Matthew Stafford at this age doing what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said it yesterday.
Speaker 11: I don't think I can remember a quarterback with his level of arm talent that's played this well at the age of thirty seven years old.
Speaker 3: But explain arm talent.
Speaker 11: What are we talking about When people say arm talent, there's varying different variations of it, Like is it a strong arm?
Speaker 3: Is it the arm angles? Is it? The timing? Is it the flick of the wrists? Is the way it looks when you make those throws?
Speaker 11: I think he has all of that, and he's playing better than I think he's ever played in his career. So when I watched the game, you know, some guys they drop back, hey, rhythm and feed clean eyes, clean feet. He's getting there in the second hitch when he's supposed to, like Stafford, It's like poetry in motion, you know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, damn, that was a good throw.
Speaker 11: Like he made the two box he made the two fade throws to DeVante Adams and the second one where DeVante ran up the tunnel. It was an extended handoff. When he threw it, I said, oh, that was beautiful. Devonte hadn't even caught the ball yet, but I just knew watching the throw and the way that he put He puts a little style at the end of some of his throws, and you know, coaches would talk to me about that, like, you know, as a quarterback when ooh I got him. Yeah, I didn't pull the string. I dropped it in the bucket. And when you watch him make those kind of throws, you're almost certain he's gonna complete every single pass. To me, his arm talent, he's the king of the no look throw. I know we all praise Patrick Mahomes for it, but Stafford's doing it like eight times a game, and he's doing it with his helmet stripe. So he'll throw over here, but his helmet stripe is this way and his eyes are over here, and like most go they throw interceptions because you can't peripherally see who's all back here. So I've just been completely amazed, to be quite honest, with what Stafford has done. It's hard for guys to carry that arm talent into their late thirties early forties, and we saw that with Peyton, we saw that with Tom, and now we're seeing Stafford defy all those odds and he looks like he could play for another five, six, seven years the way he's playing this year.
Speaker 3: Best team in the NFL is wow. Best team in the NFL, LA Rams.
Speaker 11: I really believe they when you look at the way they're structured. Two number one receivers and DeVante Adams and Pukinacua quarterbacks playing at an MVP level. Two running backs and Blake Korn and Kiren that are that give you everything you absolutely need, and their defense is just smothering.
Speaker 3: I mean, I felt bad for Baker with the shoulder.
Speaker 11: Don't know what the injury prognosis is going to be for him, but it was almost as if he was out there fending for himself. That this Rams team. I know they don't have Aaron Donald, and I know they won a Super Bowl, but this might be the best Rams team that Sean McVay has ever had.
Speaker 2: Did you ever kid around with Andrew Luck beat me Mount for the Heisman?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We me and Andrew go way back. We were Texas competing.
Speaker 11: We never played against each other, but I've known Edgi for a really long time, and when we got to the Heisman, it was you know, he was the guy that everybody thought was going to win for the past three years when we got there, and he definitely wanted to win that award. It just so happened that we had a better year.
Speaker 3: PAULI, do you have the voting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he got him by about two hundred votes. It's pretty close.
Speaker 3: Beatle joke around with Andrew with a few.
Speaker 11: I am not the guy that poked and Pride's guys about the Heisman Trophy. I look at it more as an honor as opposed to, hey, I want it, you didn't. And I actually took everybody out. So they give you an opportunity to take a limo by yourself, go out in town, have fun with your people, or you can get limos for everybody and everybody can go out on the town.
Speaker 3: So I chose to bring everybody out.
Speaker 11: Monti Ball, Tire, Matthew, Andrew Luck, Trent Richardson, and we had a great time on the city there in New York. But it's been cool to watch Andrew, you know, at Stanford being the general manager and the reaction he had on the sideline this past weekend with a scoop and score shows you how much he loves football. And I'm happy for him because at the end of the day, this guy retired early, right, he retired early when everyone thought he was at the prime of his career.
Speaker 3: Because he didn't love football anymore. So it's awesome to see him back in love of football. Could you see him being the head coach at Stanford next year? Yeah, I mean he's already pretty much?
Speaker 2: Is that.
Speaker 3: Pretty much?
Speaker 2: Just that's what I felt that, Like he's he it's so into it, he's so close that that's as close as you can get to the action by being the head coach.
Speaker 11: So he could take that stand up for job Dan, don't you think it's the smartest way to do it? Like he's a general manager. They're interviewing him on the sideline. How many other general managers are getting interviewed in the middle of the dow?
Speaker 3: I know, yea, the team isn't that good this year? Yeah?
Speaker 11: What they could potentially be really good over the next couple of years. And then he just waltzes right in there, puts the head coach hat on, and now he doesn't have to take those losses on his record. He can have, he can have a good team and go out there and make it happen. I'm really happy for him.
Speaker 3: Good to talk to you.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving, God bless.
Speaker 2: That's Robert Griffin Junior, the third out of Pocket with RG three podcast. Wherever you get your podcast, will take a break. We will give you our best and Worst of the weekend right after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Fox Sports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. More phone calls coming up. Rick Neuheisel top of the hour, I'll ask him what he thinks Lane Kiffin is going to do.
Speaker 3: Supposed to get that answer. By the end of the week.
Speaker 2: It's Mississippi against Mississippi State, and you know that's one of those where a coach doesn't want distractions leading up to any big games, but then he's the distraction leading up to the big game. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. Let's go around the infield todd Best and Worst of the Weekend.
Speaker 5: Best of the weekend.
Speaker 10: He did it.
Speaker 8: In a tough fifty one to forty seven lost to Utah. But how about some left for Kansasity running back Joe Jackson rush for nearly three hundred yards, found the end zone in Salt Lake on three occasions as well. Little love for Joe Jackson For my best worst, Syracuse a lot of quick twenty one points before Notre Dame's offense ever got on the field to pick six a block punt for a touchdown. The injury plagued Arne squeeze in South Bend seventy to seven.
Speaker 2: Yikes, I tuned in. It was twenty one nothing go? How did you score twenty one points?
Speaker 3: That was crazy? And all of a sudden, I go and the offense hasn't been on the field yet. That was crazy. Yes it was, Yes, it was.
Speaker 4: I felt terrible for Syracuse there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my goodness. The Seaton best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 4: My best of the weekend is going to be a tie between the Chiefs and the Cowboys. Both of their seasons sort of reborn, both of them kind of saved their Chiefs really needed that win. My worst of the weekend is going to be Shane Steike and.
Speaker 3: Man, you have the Chiefs on the ropes.
Speaker 4: You have Patrick Mahomes down, and you you found a way to blue that I don't know if Jonathan Taylor got enough carries and overtime, I don't know if you punt on fourth and four.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: There was just a lot of questionable decisions that were made that maybe we'll continue as a storyline throughout the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Felt like the Colts did a disservice to every other team in the NFL, all the contenders. Yes, because that's where everybuddy goes, Hey, Colts are leading twenty to nine.
Speaker 4: This is I would bet now, like the rest of my pay for the year that the Chiefs win the Super Bowl. Now, just based off of that game where it's like, oh, this is where their season turns around. This is why they won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 12: This game stinks, Marvin, best and worst of the weekend, Your boy, my boy, diego Pavilla from Vanderbilt thirty three to thirty nine, four and eighty four yards, five touchdowns.
Speaker 9: Dude's been on a roll. Worse of the weekend. Fritzy took mine, so I'm gonna go my second worst. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Baker Mayfield, three weeks ago was an MVP candidate. They've lost three straight and he got hurt.
Speaker 6: PAULI Best and worst Pitt Panthers is forty two to twenty eight over Georgia Tech freshman running back Jackiri and Turner twenty one carries two hundred and one yards to lead the Pitt Panthers and another running back BYU running back L. J. Martin thirty two carries to twenty two and two touchdowns BYU is now ten and one.
Speaker 2: Hottest Rookie's biggest superstars, the Old time Greats. The only place to collect them all. Pantini Trading Cards, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show, Rare Inserge autograph cards, memorabilia cards, Instant Classics, Benini America, net Zach and Knoxville.
Speaker 10: Hey Zach, adp thanks for taking my call. The best of the weekend was at one o'clock Slate, just all the endings and the witching hour, as Todd Hansen likes to say. But the worst of the weekend was jaw Moran almost going full Jah Morant.
Speaker 3: There was no gun involved.
Speaker 10: But I love that he calls a multiple time champion in one of the greatest shooters in the NBA at bum and I would just say, make it to the finals, or maybe just make it through a season without posting a gun on Instagram live before you want to take shots at someone like Klay Thompson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was embarrassed for Jah Morant. He's not even playing. You're in street clothes. You should shut up. How about play? And then you're gonna call Klay Thompson a bum. There have been very few professional athletes who were more professional on and off the court than Clay. Steve Kerr would tell you that he wasn't high maintenance, he wasn't low maintenance.
Speaker 3: He was no maintenance.
Speaker 2: He accepted his role, he played it great. He's a Hall of Famer. And I got some kid on the sidelines in street clothes who can't stay healthy and stay out of trouble hauling Klay Thompson a bum. Michael and Ohio, Hi Mike, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Gentlemen? Six to two, Slim one seventy five, Best of the Weekend. Hold on to your horses because this is going to be really weird. Listen to Fritzy talk about his trip in Vegas and the highlight being these amazing curtains and eating his snacks and drinking his drinking dues and just people watching. I think I found my spirit animal because honestly, that really resonated with me and I'm a little scared. So thank you, Fritzy. That's my best and worst a teacher at you and Awaiton Liman and our women's soccer team got invited to the NAIA National Attorney but we lost in the first round, so that was the worst. But hey, gentlemen, if you give me your sizes, I can send you some un oh swag go racers.
Speaker 2: Absolutely send a large and extra large there. Thank you, Michael. And I will say the curtains at the Fountain Blue are pretty spectacular. Like you press a button and they open up and even if you just pull on the curtain a little bit, it'll close. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't have to hit the button. I mean it's in fairness to Todd. Now, I wouldn't spend my whole you know week there, I'd walk around, maybe go outside for a moment. Yeah, but you you were playing with the curtain. You were fascinated with the curtains.
Speaker 8: You could put all the lights on gim them, shut them off, and then the curtains open and there's the sphere in the whole strip.
Speaker 5: It's like, that's a big deal to me.
Speaker 2: By the way, we spend a lot of time with Frank Caliendo when we were out there, and he did a James in Virginia impersonation at one point, segue James and Virginia joining us, Hey James.
Speaker 14: They called me completely off guard, DP. My call, man, that that is the humbling to say the least.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 14: I would love to hear that, man. I tell you what, Man, the interview you did with Prawley Cowarly, the gentleman of the f one, he had me rolling. Man, his energy was through the roof. I love that room. Excuse me, you really called me off guard with Frank Caliendo. That guy's the man. I definitely am calling about college football and NFL real quick, DP, Man, I don't know if Alabama is going to make the college football playoffs. Eight of the top eleven teams are undefeated or have one loss. Now the caveat is a couple of them will play each other in cover championships. But I don't think the team should get deemed for losing the conference title games, but I don't make those fonts, but definitely that loss to Florida State earlier in the year and woming large for Alabama. And in the NFL, you have ten teams in both conferences fighting for seven playoff spots. I don't know if ten and seven gets you in in either conference.
Speaker 2: Man Well, running out of time, James Final Hour on this Monday More calls Best and Worst of the weekend. Rick new Heiser will join us. We'll talk to him about that Notre Dame Miami conundrum for the committee, and we'll talk about Lane Kiffin's future that's coming up.