Speaker 1: Not only am I going to do this, I'm going to record it and post it online. It's one more thing I'm I think if someone were somehow covertly videoing people having post electoral freakouts and weeping and gnashing their teeth and screeching completely insane things, uh, that would be that would be unethical. That would be untoward. It would be unacceptable. On the other hand, when people do it themselves and post it happily online, let it roll. Now we have a collection of election night freakouts for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jack, I have so hard a time wrapping my head around the idea of being the kind of person that falls to pieces over things like this. It's just.
Speaker 3: Well and then take a video of the process and puts it online for everyone to see.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's just proof that.
Speaker 1: Being unable to cope is celebrated in certain, you know, facets of modern society. Not just tolerated, but celebrated.
Speaker 2: I feel like that if I lost my job today, as the sole breadwinner of a family with two kids, I would feel bad about myself if I broke down. I mean, you gotta soldier on and figure it out. Let alone an election, I mean, come on.
Speaker 1: That very thing happened to me in nineteen ninety six, two babies. How about weeping and carrying on and screeching at the internet which didn't really exist.
Speaker 2: It's too bad because you could have sat in your car, which is the way you do it, and lighting and did a TikTok video about how awful capitalism was or something.
Speaker 4: No, just got to work.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's begin with you know, I was thinking of having a vote for everybody's favorite freak out. Now these are visual discs, gript doors, just so handsome and everybody could communicate on who is editing what script, and they include some racial references and stuff like that. I don't think it's significant, but so just to make a note everybody of which one you like the best, and we'll have a vote at the end.
Speaker 4: So this is a clip eighty one Michael, black woman in car.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, no, no, no, why why? Why why do you really.
Speaker 6: Have you that bad?
Speaker 4: Okay? Well, so the yeah, the doing my scoring.
Speaker 2: The real problem here is the are you just mentally ill or not?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is it mentally ill?
Speaker 3: Or is this like rage bait that people post to try to get other people to comment.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I know I know people who are this upset, so I know it's real for some people.
Speaker 4: Woman in room, real quick? Are we ranking him one to five, one to ten? You use whatever scoring system you like. This isn't entirely for you to to pick your favorite. All right, I'm step wake up a mother way.
Speaker 1: Okay, black gal, I'm afraid to go to sleep. I might wake up a mother blank and slave. Well, it's gonna take probably at least a week to get slavery go ahead again. And just thinking about some of the logistics.
Speaker 2: They will have to pass the legislation.
Speaker 3: Trump works pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Thus, yeah he's efficient.
Speaker 4: Yeah, boy, that's a strong contender. Let's go on to mom on couch.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, she had a baby while finding out the election results.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, that's unfortunate. This one a bit more to enjoy. Attractive forty eight year old gal with tattoos.
Speaker 4: I am forty eight.
Speaker 6: Years old, and I have never experienced anything like this and never thought I would in this country. It's like it's like I can feel.
Speaker 5: The bean and the fear.
Speaker 2: She's doing the fake crying thing that I hate so much, or coke where she's upset but she's not quite like fully crying, but so she's got to keep the voice going. Because I kind of got together a little bit.
Speaker 4: I watched it. Look legit to me.
Speaker 2: I am very cynical about all hot chicks on any social media that they're not just trying to get attention.
Speaker 4: This one's simply labeled young woman. Is anyone else helping a meltdown? I don't know how to do this. I don't know how to wait. I'm so stressed now.
Speaker 6: You can't look out into the world, into the people of this country and see what's happening and how hard we're all fighting for rights not to be taken away from people.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, makes my ass tired.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's if I could be completely serious for a while. It is a serious mental health problem. We've got that. We've convinced so many people that the more upset you are, somehow you get a you know, a merit badge for it, or.
Speaker 1: The more importantly your opinion should be taken. And then the idea, in fact, I think there is a and you know what, we're taking the fun out of it.
Speaker 4: We have Girl and Shining Shirt. Michael played Girl and Shining Shirt.
Speaker 6: We may not.
Speaker 5: Have rights tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Boy, this is really not making a good case for women to be strong enough to run a contray off.
Speaker 2: Let me just what did she say? We may not what, we may not have right.
Speaker 1: We have rights to me, We might not have rights to me. We might not have rights tomorrow. You will not be able to speak freely, or assemble or have a religion. You will find yourself quartering troops. Just try to assemble. Good luck with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm kidding, all right.
Speaker 3: Are they just getting this way from the mainstream media? Is that how this is all drawn down their heads?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: No, I mean we're listening to social media posts, are getting it from social media to our content to reinforce. But Jack, anyway, you're trying to make a fun killing serious point.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, Katie's point is pretty good. I'm surprised there's not more of a pushback among women, because, like, I've never believed a woman can't be president, what about when it's her time of the month or anything like that. But these women, all these women who post, which it seems to be mostly a female thing, are making the case for misogynists that women can't handle real life. So I would think to be pushed back among normal women. Hey, knock it off, all right, you're giving us a bad look.
Speaker 1: Wow, what an interesting thought. Yeah, I would think that actual and feminists. It becomes so loaded with various meetings. I mean, just women want to make sure that women are taken seriously and have the rights and all.
Speaker 4: Where are you on this?
Speaker 1: Where are you on saying the girls, Hey, being emotional is fine. Emotions are wonderful, but you got to quit acting like a six year old.
Speaker 3: Well, they're the same ones that are vouching for boys to be playing in women's sports.
Speaker 2: They're all same umbrella.
Speaker 4: They're so convinced that that is the righteous thing. But getting back to the idea of.
Speaker 1: Your idea is taken more or less seriously based on your level of hysteria, and that there is a strong disincentive to present an opinion calmly and rationally because that gets you nothing. That is a cultural value that will lead to only one place, and that is crazy Ville.
Speaker 2: Crazyvill Yeah, Nuttyaton, Yeah, how we made the switch from if you were going to get emotional, you tried to hide it, or you might go in another room because you didn't want to break down in front of people. How we made the switch from that, which is what I grew up with and still practice myself. How we made the switch from that to I want as many people to see me crying as possible.
Speaker 1: Is an interesting thing, right, right, and again, I actually hate sexism, but I think we've just gone way too far toward mommy and completely lost daddy. Yeah, in society where fathers have been systematically pushed out of the family, and indeed all masculinity is toxic masculinity according to a lot of people, and as I said during the radio show, the great motherly impulse when the kids falls and skins his knee is oh sweetheart, oh honey, oh hugs, and Daddy's is yeah, you'll be fine, go play, You'll be great, and that that's one of the greatest things you can do for a kid is tell them setbacks are not permanent. Pain doesn't last, You're great, You're fine. And having raised three children and coached hundreds of others, when you say that they are fine and they go play and they have fun, and to have removed that from our children's lives is obscene.
Speaker 2: Were most of these people you said one of them was on the couch? Were some of them in their car doing the Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are there are a few car camera people yet.
Speaker 2: And that's because the lighting, you think, Katie, that's how it caught on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's the word on the Instagram street is the car is the best lighting?
Speaker 2: Got you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of muted and it surrounds you and yeah, oh well.
Speaker 2: I am not optimistic about the future based on this stuff. Hopefully it's fringe element that one loses their s and then two I guess as a podcast, I could say shit that loses their shit, and then then another subsection on the diagram that feels the need to record it and post it, and and then what is I actually don't know this? So then you get feedback from people who are feel bad that you're upset, or encourage your upset or we're in this together, be brave, we're in this together. It's that feeling of being part of a close knit, nurturing mini community. Because you are threatened, they sign very pleasurable they co sign your insanity.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Other thing about these videos is that since they've gone viral, they're for sure all being monetized now because people are commenting. And then you get that engagement and you know.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a tough one. You could be just seriously one legit upset and that's all you were doing was expressing your consternation about the results. And then you get a check for eight hundred dollars in Wow, me being me crying on his little video made me ain't orn bucks.
Speaker 1: That's weird because when I calmly presented three arguments in favor of the Harris Walls ticket, I didn't get check.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Shit, let me think what should I do next time? Hmmm, I think I'll lose my shit. What was I going to say? I was gonna say something, Oh, I know my favorite of all those.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Again and again you sucked all the fun out of it by bringing mental illness into it. At what point does well you got neurosis and psychosis. Those are old style terms, but I've always found them useful to be like, really, neurotic is crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can I don't know, there is there is definitely can turn that around. There There are people so crazy they can't help it. But there's an awful lot of get your act together, and you can get your act together, or you can, like you know, roll around in your despair and make it worse.
Speaker 4: That's what you're assuming.
Speaker 1: There is no psychosis for the sheer ridiculousness of it. I've got to go with I'm gonna wake up a slave lady.
Speaker 2: That's my vote.
Speaker 7: Due wake up another Yeah, I mean, come on, how do you top We're gonna wake up swaves.
Speaker 1: It's gonna take at least until mid December to reinstitute.
Speaker 4: Good lord, come on, come on.
Speaker 3: Kind of like Mom on the couch, because once we started talking about her shooting a baby out while she was screaming, the visual made it funnier for me.
Speaker 2: It's a boy. Yeah, so I could use that during the show.
Speaker 4: I like, that's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Eh oh man. I was having my compound fracture, reset had a baby and found out that Gamala hairs lost at the same time.
Speaker 4: Rough night.
Speaker 2: It's wort's about eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: I can learn to scream.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that's it.