Speaker 1: The second. Most of the time, whenever we talk about forbidden love on the show, it's about Brooke and her insatiable thirst for her cousin Ron stop it.
Speaker 2: I do not like my cousin.
Speaker 1: Not anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But alas, we're not dealing with that type of forbidden love at least good not today. One of our listeners, Mark says he dipped a toe into the forbidden pool of romance recently, and he's afraid the lifeguard won't let him cannonball all the way in, so he needs our Mark. Why, welcome to the show man, Hey.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Oh man.
Speaker 4: I love a good, juicy story. I mean, I'm dying to know who you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all us your situation.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, so I have a best friend Stuart going by Stu. We've been really good friends since college.
Speaker 4: Oh, do you want to take it to the next level?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well I thought would be forbidden your best friend.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm a straight fella, and you know you and I have been really good buddies since college. You know, I know his family go over his house all the time. He los my family.
Speaker 2: That's the best. When you can just like walk in. Yeah, I feel like you're the second son.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you prefer their family to your own. Yeah, for sure most of the time.
Speaker 2: Do you ever take any family?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's cool. It's nice to have a close friend from college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like a brother to me. And I'm just afraid I may have ruined everything because I Loki had crushed on his younger sister Lisa for a while.
Speaker 4: You did you hook up with her already?
Speaker 3: Yeah, something did happen, you know, But it's been one of those things where I, you know, I couldn't even ask because he wouldn't be cool with it.
Speaker 1: Oh really, he wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Well, there's two different types. Like I have a friend who's literally always asked, like, bro, you should date my sister. Be so cool? Yeah, like stay away.
Speaker 1: I asked my best friend from high school if I could date his little sister and he said yes. But then I asked the sister and she said no. So that was a super low moment. Yeah, legally we're supposed to. That's rough.
Speaker 4: I think it's really weird too, Like it's just like a kind of aggressive on your bro's part may be weird. I mean, how old is a little sister.
Speaker 1: How much younger.
Speaker 3: She was a few years younger. I mean, nothing crazy.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what happened.
Speaker 3: I was recently single and I was at a bar and I saw Lisa there, but I went over and started talking to her and we were laughing about something, and I said, it's under different circumstances. You know, I wasn't friends with your brother. I would have asked you out a long time ago.
Speaker 1: What you just told her that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had to have been drunk when you said that.
Speaker 3: A little buzz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a little bit of.
Speaker 1: What did she say to that?
Speaker 3: She was like, well, maybe you should do it anyway.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is why I always wanted an older brother.
Speaker 2: I never had one.
Speaker 5: I'm like, their friends would be so cute growing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: My friends with older brothers always had hot.
Speaker 1: You'd like to salute around with everybody in your friends scroop and in your family. Thank you, Alexa, we got it. So she wanted you to ask her out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I took that as a goal ahead. So I was like, what are you doing ten minutes from now? And she said, oh, she said, I'm busy, but I'm available five minutes from now, Like.
Speaker 1: Actually, you guys do have a good banter.
Speaker 2: So was it fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, She's like, meet me outside in five. So we ended up walking around and grabbing food in a food truck and we kind of set up making out.
Speaker 4: My god, so fun and it probably felt like you know, it's always fun when it's a little dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was good because there's a whole build up to that moment. Was it as good as you thought it would be?
Speaker 3: It was great? And I mean we had I mean, we have a connection. You know, we had a lot of fun hanging out, and you know, we had known each other for so long, so it was a little you know, weird kissing someone that you know that you've known for for that long.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean that's good news. How did how did that night end?
Speaker 3: Well? I was like, we can't tell your brother about this, and you said, I'm a grown woman. I can make my own decisions.
Speaker 2: That you guys are both adults.
Speaker 4: I mean that makes it feel really immature by trying to keep a secret. But I get while you're worried about it, if you really think he'd be that upset, Well.
Speaker 3: It kind of changed my tune after that, and I said anybody's gonna tell me if it's got to be me, and I kind of need some time to figure out how to do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, what you say to that?
Speaker 3: Well, we just kind of got into a disagreement and it really just ended sort of weird.
Speaker 4: Oh did she like immediately leave and text her brother? Does he know?
Speaker 3: I don't know everything. He seems to be okay with two. He's not treating me different, and I haven't brought it up, so I don't think she said anything.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean hopefully she did and he's cool with it, but doesn't sound likely.
Speaker 4: Do you want to date her or do you just wanted it to be with that one night?
Speaker 3: Everything except for the end was awesome, and I you know, I would love to keep hanging out with her.
Speaker 1: Okay, you would like to see your Let's take a quick vote around the room. Do we think that this is a good idea for him to date his best friend's younger sister Alexis?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, one vote for yes, Brook, Yeah, I'm into it. The girls love.
Speaker 4: The worst thing that can happen, you lose your best friend.
Speaker 1: Oh well, the romantic in me loves this because if you Guys, do I'm fast forwarding here end up getting engaged.
Speaker 2: You already have a family's blessing.
Speaker 1: They kissed outside of a killed Let's not.
Speaker 2: Jump the romantic in me. Things will go very well.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so I'm gonna I'm gonna vote no. This is probably not a good idea, but we're gonna that's.
Speaker 2: Only because you were rejected by a sister.
Speaker 1: If I can't have my best friends sister anyway, we're gonna call your best friend's sister, Lisa and try and get you a second date. Update right after this, all right thing, hold on, we're running a little bit short on time, so I'm gonna do a quick recap. Guy has a best friend from college and he's had a crush on his friend's little sister for a few years now. One night they ran into each other at a bar, ended up hanging out the rest of the evening, and even kissed outside of a food truck. Yeah, and Mark, here's my question, because I just want to make sure I heard it correctly. You definitely don't think her brother knows about this.
Speaker 3: No way, he would have freaked out on me by no, for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, So when do you want to tell him, like a month in a year when you start popping out nieces and nephews, story, when's the good time at the wedding?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I guess it depends on what happens by a year.
Speaker 4: But today we're calling the little sister, right, we're not calling I mean, when was the last time you talked to her?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I absolutely talked to her since all this went down about three weeks.
Speaker 4: Oh, I have no idea what we're going to get on the other line when we call her, like we're.
Speaker 1: A girl hopefully, Well, I know, is she angry?
Speaker 2: Is she Okay?
Speaker 1: I'm going in with a positive attitude. Okay, Mark, you always do, jeff someone has to. Let's do it. Calling Lisa right now? Here we go, Hello, Hey is this Lisa? Yeah, this is she Lisa. How's it going? You're on the right now?
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, who is this?
Speaker 1: Well, we're a morning show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and we.
Speaker 2: Are excited to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a very interesting conversation looming here.
Speaker 5: I think I don't understand what's happening. I don't understand what you mean by the radio.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of explaining to do here.
Speaker 2: We also do a podcast. Does that help? Probably?
Speaker 5: Okay, but why are you calling me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're calling because we're doing a segment called the Second Date Update, and we're trying to ask you a little bit about your interaction about three weeks ago with a guy named Mark.
Speaker 4: I'm saying to the family name Mark.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to label anything.
Speaker 5: Okay, what did he tell you? Like, I what did he say?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you guys met up randomly at a bar one night and ran into each other there hung out the rest of the night.
Speaker 2: You guys went to a food truck.
Speaker 1: You remember this, right.
Speaker 5: I very vividly remember this night.
Speaker 1: Okay, where did you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Throat?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, can you start for the beginning, like when Mark said I want to ask you about on the date, Like, I mean, it's your brother's best friend. What were you thinking?
Speaker 5: So at birst, I actually was like into it just because I've always felt like Mark is kind of hot and fun and it was exciting and felt this is going to sound strange but like a little bit dangerous and risky going behind my brother's back because yeah, I don't know how much you know, but like Mark is best friends with my older brothers too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, Well because of that though, after we kind of had our I mean we like kind of made out whatever, and then immediately Mark was like, you can't tell your brother.
Speaker 5: And that felt really gross to me, like really controlling, Like that felt like a red flag.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think he was like trying to kill the romance or anything. I think he was just honestly worried that he might be blowing up a good friendship for this who wants to keep the good relations with everybody.
Speaker 5: I guess, but that's not attractive to me, Like you're making out with me and now you're you're acting scared.
Speaker 2: I don't tell anybody.
Speaker 1: Should have waited like five minutes or something.
Speaker 4: I mean we told him. That sounded pretty immature when he retold that. I mean, he told us that you guys got into an argument about it, and it sounded like he kind of realized that too.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it was a little too late because I decided for sure I was going to tell my brother.
Speaker 4: Oh what, so wait, when did you tell him that night?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: What was his respect? Would?
Speaker 5: Well, my brother was cool with it, and I was like, oh, that's not a big deal.
Speaker 1: Sure seriously, mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: Why was Mark so in his head about your brother being so weird about it?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 4: Like yeah, he was like for certain that his best friend date most sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah weird. Well that's weird, that's strange.
Speaker 4: So your brother was actually fine.
Speaker 5: Exactly, He said, Mark's a good guy. If you want to hang out with him, that's cool with me.
Speaker 2: Isn't that a good thing for someone?
Speaker 5: But the riskiness, the dangerous part of it was gone, which like, okay, that's fine, not all my relationships need to be that. But then it just started becoming weird for me, like I'm going to be like making out with my brother's best friend. This guy knows all my brother's deep secrets, Like that's not something.
Speaker 4: So it didn't freak your brother out, it freaked you out when you started to think about it.
Speaker 1: The risk and the danger was gone, and then so that the romance left. But like, what if I told you if you're into risk and danger, there's been somebody secretly listening in on this conversation on the other line wanted to talk to you.
Speaker 5: I just don't really know what this is. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I mean, Mark has been quietly listening, wanting to jump in, and you it's dangerous. He's a dangerous ball.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, either a bad boy.
Speaker 5: Wait so Mark heard everything I just said.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can ask him.
Speaker 3: Mark, you told your brother, like right off the bath, that's what you did.
Speaker 5: Of course, I'm able to make my own decisions, and I decided to do that.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's the first thing you have to say about all of this.
Speaker 3: I just I mean, I don't know why you would do that, Like that would be your first instinct when I was like, I worried about.
Speaker 1: It, but whatever, I mean, he was cool with it. Mark.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean that's unexpected. And I was just trying to be cautious about relationships.
Speaker 1: See that's the problem right there. Mark, You're trying to be cautious and she's into danger. You got to be dangerous if you want to win.
Speaker 3: I'm still plenty dangerous.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your your your family would hate it if we hooked up. I don't think, like, have you told your mom about it?
Speaker 5: No, believe it or not. I didn't call my mom.
Speaker 3: You're you're lucky you didn't tell your mom. She would have been super angry and.
Speaker 1: Dangerous. Don't tell the dog either going to the gauge on this family are.
Speaker 2: So wrong.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he's trying to make it sound dangerous. If you think your parents would be a set, No, I think.
Speaker 6: They'd be fine with it too, which makes it feel continuously more lame.
Speaker 2: I mean, Mark, I think of a healthy relationship.
Speaker 4: I think we need to play up Mark's good parts. Right, everyone says he's a great guy in your family. He obviously likes you, and.
Speaker 2: You guys know each other really well.
Speaker 4: Like that can be a real foundation for something.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying. I feel like with Mark specifically, I'd want it to feel more dangerous, and it doesn't. And so that's just kind of where I'm at.
Speaker 4: Okay, so maybe that was.
Speaker 3: I do other dangerous things, you know, I gamble until I have no money.
Speaker 2: Should not do that? Mark give him a number?
Speaker 5: Okay, So that's just irresponsible, that's not dangerous.
Speaker 2: He's like I, I also have horrible credit.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I don't wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, what we would like to do, Lisa is send you and Mark out on another date, and we would pay for it. See that? Look at that A man who won't even pay for his own.
Speaker 2: Dates because he ran out of money gambling.
Speaker 1: Isn't that naughty?
Speaker 5: What do you think, Lisa, Well, I hear that you want to do that, and Mark probably wants to do that, But I do not want to.
Speaker 1: Look at that. We finally found someone that doesn't approve of the relationship. Dating him would go against your own wishes. It doesn't get any more naughty and risky than that, I think.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, okay, yea, but listen, I do want to say I'm okay with us still being friends, but like, all of this is really awkward.
Speaker 5: So I think maybe let's shift have some distance for a bit and I'll see you when I see you.
Speaker 3: Okay, great you are Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: Wow, I definitely shouldn't have kissed you. Okay, maybe we can know.
Speaker 2: I'll laugh about this in the future.
Speaker 4: Thanksgiving broking, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You guys, ever heard the phrase trying to catch a falling knife.
Speaker 2: It's a good phrase. I already know what it means.
Speaker 1: It's where things are spirally out of control and you're in a desperate panic to just stop the damage continuing. That's what we just witnessed with Mark, because he immediately came on and thought, you know, what. I'm being too safe for her. I need to come across as dangerous. And it just got worse and worse and worse till we found out he's a degenerate gambler with horrible credit.
Speaker 2: I think I made it broke all the time.
Speaker 4: I feel like his buddy's gonna lose respect for him too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gave you the green light to date my sister and then she rejected you.
Speaker 2: What a loser.
Speaker 1: On that.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's the same outcome.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: I think Mark's a good guy. I'm changing my opinion, and we need to.
Speaker 2: Make a phone call for you. I know he already got rejected.
Speaker 1: We're done. If you ever need a second date update, we won't judge you. You can email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back.