Speaker 1: The volume, calling all college basketball fans, I have some must watch TV for you. In two exciting new document series, Vice Sports will follow legendary head coaches Arkansas John Caliperi and Saint John's Rick Patino as they lead their teams through the ups and downs, triumphs and trials at this long competitive college basketball season.
Speaker 2: Each series features unprecedented behind the scenes access exclusive interviews that provided intimate look at their coaching styles and how each works to get the most out of their players.
Speaker 1: Caliperi Razors and is Aaron now on Mondays at ten pm.
Speaker 2: Easter and Patino's Red Storm Rising premieres now and on Tuesdays at ten pm Eastern Time only on Vice TV.
Speaker 1: Tune in each week. Check the Lincoln the bio for where to watch Vice TV.
Speaker 2: That's right, what's up?
Speaker 1: Everybody? Welcome back to the Graymond Green Show with My Dog BD. Happened to my brother?
Speaker 2: What's uping my brother? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Just chilling, bro? Good to be back.
Speaker 2: Gee, Yeah, it's good to have you back. You know how you're working, feeling like you're working, looking like bad. It's working, You're working. Everything Everything is up? All in tenners all in Tenna's is up right?
Speaker 3: How you feeling though?
Speaker 1: I feel great, brother. You know, It's been a while since I've gone into basketball games like with that feeling of like, oh yeah, we're gonna go just win. And there's been two games even nobody's getting ahead of themselves. But I can only tell you how these two games will felt.
Speaker 2: Don't let them know.
Speaker 1: It's just how they feel great, bro, Like you know, and stuff gonna get harder. We don't have to figure stuff out, you know, but I know when it's right.
Speaker 2: I could see it. I could see it. I could feel it. In the Bucks game, you got up for the big time block against Gary Trent Junior. You know, they talking about defensive player of the year. Conversations is back up. Steph got to Stephan got the chefand Jimmy Butler got to servant Will and mcdillon. Post games, Steph's Steph said Jimmy Butler's impact on him, every possession doesn't feel as hard. What is the biggest takeaway from these two games since Jimmy is joining the.
Speaker 1: Team, that's fact, bro, And that's on everybody though, bro, Like, that's that's on everybody offensively and defensively like he need draw. It's crazy because in a weird way he draws so much attention. Yeah, but obviously I played with Steph for thirteen years, so drawing attention to me looks a certain way. You know, he played for twelve years drawn attention, and obviously with Kad for three years. But Jimmy draw attention differently than in a difference, but draw a lot of attention. And it's crazy because Jimmy, it's interesting. Man. Again, playing with Steph. One of the one of the most incredible things that Steph does is play without the ball. Jimmy has that same thing when Steph said, Yo, you have like opposite games like it's it's on so many different levels. Like when step is running around like to find an opener to get the ball, Jimmy is like just working on the backside, like nudging. It gets like it's crazy. They break the defense down the same way but different like and man, and so yeah, I understand what Steph is saying. I agree uh with what Steph is saying, Like Steph just look more free. But I'm gonna tell you, yeah, he looked he got He looked like he got belief. That's all like, that's that's all it is.
Speaker 3: He energized.
Speaker 1: Steph he he he looked like he got believed. He said to me in Utah after the trade, he looked at me and he said, man, it's crazy because it just dawned on me. They're like, this is it. This is the last run, right like, and I said, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Right, let's right to the hills, ball up guns.
Speaker 1: It was an emotional moment, but yeah, like Jimmy, man, it's crazy. Brother, Wait, it's crazy because people draw, as you know, in this league, people has learned how to draw bullshit files. This dude, Jimmy, he really like he really make people file him like they are actually real files. And he's got a not for it. Man. It's it's It's brought this this balance of like we can really slow our offense down because you've got somebody that's, like like Step said, step dominates from the perimeter. Like we all in the world knows that you got somebody now that's dominating inside the three point line, which naturally slows the offense down. Which I think we needed to slow the offense down something anyway, because we don't have the same talent. And I accused that Andre, Sean Livingston, David West.
Speaker 2: It's not the same weapons.
Speaker 1: And so it's a little different and allow and Jimmy allows us to slow down. So long will you go run? Great, but it's cool to slow down and man, and then defensively, it's incredible. Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy that already earned his name Megatron. Jimmy told her he came to me before the first game. He said, Man, throw me the ball high. He said, if you throw me the ball high, I may not finish it, but I'm beget it and bring it down. He said, But nobody, if you just throw the ball, Bro, I just throw the ball up. He gonna grab every one of them for sure.
Speaker 2: That's his play.
Speaker 1: That's his play. And man, he literally he made it. He's just throught up. I will go get it. Man, it's been so fun compete with Jimmy. And I must tell you to be d he'd been kicking my ass and down the nose, bro, for real, he's been kicking my eyes.
Speaker 2: You're trash.
Speaker 1: That's not true. That's not very competitive game. How very competitive games. But then he but the way he got a little luck on this side too, like he I'm up twenty points. He pulled five fives, Like yeah, like he got a little luck on this side too, but he been I gotta give him his credit.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Jimmy, Okay.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't really be speaking on Jimmy.
Speaker 2: I'll try not to speak on him in his situation. But now that he with the doves, I can tell you what my observation is. And it hit me before he got to the like before he played his first game, because you sitting there, You're like, damn, how is this gonna work? And then they were showing highlights, and then they showed a couple of games that he played in the finals, and I realized something. Jimmy Butler is the superstar that's always open. He's always always open, right, He's always open. Also, he always has a he never gets double t he's always in the scoring position. He's always one or two dribbles away. And all the little little bullshit shenanigans that come with defense, deflections, steals turn it like like that's Jimmy's magic. You feel saying that's his magic. And then when you take that to what the Warriors haven't had free throw y'all? Never went to the free throw line. Bro, Yeah, I was winning championships not going to the free throw which was like crazy.
Speaker 3: Now you add free throws.
Speaker 2: This dude gets filed all the time and they really be following.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: He a bully, right, not just on offense for USO, on defense, right, He's an incredible health defense. And on top of that, he got a new life. And so him being a villain, right with Jmond who's already a villain, who is just waiting for another villain to come into the room to wake up, and Steph who's a super villain, and people don't understand that Steph is in his best mode when the odds are stacked against Steph. And so now you got this kind of uh, this villain mentality, this hungry mentality, and nobody's gonna punk you guys.
Speaker 3: Nobody's got a IQ out IQ.
Speaker 2: And you can't just chase Steph around because Jimmy gets two's, he gets too's and ones put backs, right, he don't need the ball for a long amount of time to go get thirty you know, thirty forty. Man, I'm watching this, I'm like, oh my god, hey, when y'all what was it? What was it the Bulls game Steph went crazy, right, just him catching fire like that, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then you got Jimmy on the back.
Speaker 2: End, getting tools, can ones, getting put backs. I'm excited. He brings a lot. He brings a lot that all the intangible, all the intangible, all that shit is what people don't value. But what makes superstar superstar.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Mike donle you man, because I'm so happy p Jimmy didn't end up in Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that would have been awful.
Speaker 1: And what Jimmy has brought here when you talk about like two bullies, it's crazy because he just he's brought that sense of back of a week, we can win, and everybody feel that, and so the bar has been raised. And we know what that bar needs to be raised too, like we know what it and so the bar has been raised so much so that you talk about Steph these last four games, we all feel that and excited. I got a warned apparently from the league the other day that the last few games I've been playing too aggressive and that they're warning me.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? I don't know what does that mean. I don't see nothing wrong.
Speaker 1: Exactly, but apparently me being there go win mode is a problem. So another thing we've never seen in a long time. We haven't seen it. Steph went out the game, it was a two point leader, four point lead. When he checked back into the game, it was seventeen. Yeah, he checked back into the game like seven to eight minutes to go in the four Yeah, delete seventeen.
Speaker 2: That's the impact of jenity. That's the relief. Yeah, Steph gets to really look at the game. Right, Steph Curry has had the biggest responsibility of having to make endgame decisions and change his pattern.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I would say this year has been you know, trying, because all lies on Steph. If Steph don't Steph, then nobody else is really open. Or if people not open, then Steph don't get the shots. And so you see him making a lot of in game adjustments. And you brought this to my attention, how people prepare game plans for stuff, and so that's you know, to switch your style up in the middle of the game to be effective. Right, A lot of great like only the greats can do it. But it's hard to have that relief to be able to sit on the bench and say, oh, okay, now I know when I get in, all I gotta do is a little bit more mid raise to the whole, like seeing Steph play not just three point basketball, but mid rains, getting to the whole, rebounding, he playing, He playing like he playing in his Jordan Theire. Yeah, right, these last few games he did in his Jordan Theire where it's like, I want to play winning basketball, and I can see that, I can feel, I can feel that watching you guys.
Speaker 1: Everybody on the same type of time falling in line. I told the guys after the Laker game, I say, yoh, listen that second half. We don't do more victors around here, but this is about to look different. Now for Jimmy coming here, I told the guys, I said, this is about about to look different him and Steph. Jimmy's locker was right, Jamie wasn't there, but then stuff was right.
Speaker 2: I was like, so listen, this is what we all.
Speaker 1: We're gonna follow these two guys, I promise you, If we follow these two guys, we're gonna get there. Pro yep.
Speaker 2: And from that point the.
Speaker 1: Bar has been raised and you can feel it. Everyone around feels it, right, and it's what we needed Jimmy, Like I said Jimmy on that same type of time. It's good.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: Who's scoring big in the NBA this season? You are all the new ways to get in on the action of DraftKings sports Book and official sports betting partner of the NBA Slams. Dishing the ball, cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite players. Prop bets you can make on DraftKings. It's fun the home of NBA player props. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it really simple. Pick how many points your favorite player is gonna score. Go to Drafting sports Book. They have an app, download it make your pick. If you're a first timer, here's something special new DraftKings customers. All you have to do is about five bucks. Get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets instantly, So take it to the rack with DraftKings sports Book, Every point Counts. Download their app takes ninety seconds. Use the code column cli n to get one hundred and fifty bones in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight ope and Y or text ope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins four. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: Before we get more to this episode, I want to let y'all know what else we'll be talking about. More insight on playing with my new Golden State Warrior teammate, Jimmy Butler the third, and I put quotation marks and an emphasis on the third. Jimmy first game with us was the one year anniversary of the passion of his father, which in Chicago where he started his career. Imagine I had that game that he had, so put an emphasis on the third, saying goodbye to Wigs. Uh, you know, winning in a championship with Wigs. I think Wiggs has been here for six years. Yeah, six years. Man and you know to see him go all that always sucks. That is the business, uh ds, Kyle Lindy, those got There's been a lot going on around the league. Also us first game with the Lakers. So make sure you hit that subscribe button so you don't miss any of the episodes. That's right.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on all social media platforms at Dremond Show so you don't miss any of these, I mean huge announcements.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Steve Kurry talked about Jimmy's passing and how he was tending you with some nice passes in the Bucks game. Are you surprised with that part of his game?
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm not surprised because Jimmy's a guy who, you know, all his career has gotten triple doubles, has always been a willing passer, can always pass the hell out of the ball, and so I'm not surprised at all. And I'm telling you another thing that Jimmy does is teams going to that zone. Jimmy go to the middle of the zone. Now he got right in the middle of the zone, sit right there. He hitting me with some back door passes, working the darker. He hitting guys for threes. But most importantly, he turned around and shoot the little minion away right, and so you every option with that was my role, Yeah, that was my role with Nelly in the zone.
Speaker 2: Get get in the middle of the zone right by that right underneath the elbow. They can't do nothing about it.
Speaker 6: You won.
Speaker 2: Dribble away from Malayum, fade away, dunk, ghost person outlet.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: But his his basketball i Q is like y'all just automatically.
Speaker 1: Saying his basketball IQ is time tiger here. I've been learning from him these just these past few days and a couple of games playing like you just hear different things he's saying. He's so locked in, bro, like he locked out there and and he's smart. So I'm I'm happy to have the opportunity to learn from a guy like Jimmy. But I'm not surprised at all by the past. And I know he's a great pastor. But I tell you what I did. He came, he came to the saloon yesterday and he had passed up with shot. He's like, I should have shot that. I said, brother, let me tell you something. This team don't need your passing at hall with this tick. Yeah, it's you to score, Like, we need to go score twenty five to thirty points. You're a great passer like Steph, so you're naturally going to see the path there. But we need you to think shoot first, score first, twenty five thirty points, Like, that's what we need you to be. He was like, all right, he went back off their file, get filed, bucket and one.
Speaker 3: That's what we need, bro, we need to be like, yeah, you need you need Miami Jimmy and shout out to the heat for that type of basketball and the way he played that basketball fits directly into what you guys need because he can he can be the playmaker for him being aggressive on the offensive.
Speaker 2: Then it's all one on one matchups. Yeah, he gets more one on one matchups than any dude. I know. He ain't superstar in the league, right and his is always fifteen feet away from the basket, catch two dubbles, getting the paint.
Speaker 3: You know, he's he is tough to.
Speaker 2: God, yes, one oh one when he is below the free throw line.
Speaker 1: Something I want to throw out there about Jimmy also, and just what you just said about Miami Jimmy. The dopest thing about that to me is we actually do need Miami He Jimmy, And I think every day he's figuring that out more and more, which is father because we we here at this place, we encourage you be exactly who you are bro, like dope and try to like, oh like be exactly who you are. And I think he's figuring that out each day everybody like no, just go, like yes, no, just go, And he's figuring out more and more. But I'm gonna tell you the dopest thing about that whole dynamic, like he is about to be here and be the Miami He Jimmy for sure, I'm gonna tell you the dopest thing about that to me is the lack of insecurity of Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: Right just like, oh yeah, come on bro, like ya Stephan the party open on.
Speaker 1: So many people will lack the self confidence in themselves in that position that Steph Curry is to have another alpha like number one option like Jimmy come in and be like oh yeah, bro, like go do your thing like it's cool. Like that is the power of Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: Man, I look at it like this, Steph is the DJ.
Speaker 1: He want to party right now?
Speaker 2: You got Draymon Draymond's security making sure nobody mess with the DJ and nobody get out of line. Now you got Jimmy and there Steph play the music. Jimmy can dance to any rhythm of song. So now you got you got the party promoter, you got your security, and you got your DJ. And like man and you know that that mechanism of Steph one in the party meaning you know he he encourages success, right, he encourages happiness. He needs that. He needs everyone else to do their job and someone else to do extra work to take some pressure off of him.
Speaker 1: One and it's fire, bro, love it.
Speaker 2: Life for you? Bro? Can you take us through uh one? The news and then the emotional roller coaster? You know what is Steve Kerseay at the meeting when he broke the news? And then I do want to talk about Andrew Wigget shout out to Wig and the impact you know he had on you as a teammate both on and off the court, because I know you both were extremely close.
Speaker 1: Absolutely man getting the news like man, like we got Jimmy Butler. This is no small feet, like, this is no small deale like it's Jimmy Butler, Like you know, people get caught up in there in all the stuff that was going on in the I mean, you know, as I said last podcast, remember I had said, like I just don't want Jimmy to end up in the spot where they used that against it. You know what I'm saying, saying like, yo, he's the problem. Yeah. The reason I said that is because it's a guy that I respect as a winner. I've been victim of people trying to take a winner and tear him down through all these false illness, and so I've been a victim of that, and that's why I said what I said. And as you see coming out of it, you're seeing exactly who the Jimmy Butler should I know? You know, like that I knew, and so finding out that information, you're like, man, a part of you obviously excited, you know, like, man, I got a chance. Now you just switch like the flip switch flips fast. We got chickens now, and then you set them to reality, like, all right, so who who who gone? Wiggs, Dennis Cole and Lindy Because regardless of how this year has gone, what had been going, like the vibe of that the team was still great. Yeah, like you enjoy being around him every day you start building and Wiggs obviously it has been six years you know where we've been playing together and watching his growth, you know, from coming to a place and everybody's saying, like, yo, this dree is a bus he never gonna be it to earning the name two way Wigs and helping lead us to a championship, another NBA Finals, collecting his first NBA Finals like NBA ring Like that's you know, to go through that with someone, like there's an obvious relationship. Now I rock with Whigs on a different level, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, uh in Toronto every summer kick it with him. You know, like been through some real stuff with you know, living in a couple of years and him dealing with his father being sick and being away from the team and keeping that low you know what I'm saying. But you know what I'm saying, Yeah, been through some real stuff. Brother or brother type shit. He's had two kids since I met, you know, like, yeah, he's become a brother and to see him go, uh, it's sucked. It's like, man, I tried to make a joke just like bro, you're going to Miami. It ain't that bad in the place, like state some money in taxes, like send me some bread. But just like just not knowing what to say.
Speaker 2: You know, it's always awkward. You know, it's always awkward.
Speaker 1: You know. Ah, But then saying that it's a great opportunity for him to continue to build. Uh, you know, he's a champion. I think he gonna go to Miami and have great years. Guess what.
Speaker 2: I like Miami, man.
Speaker 1: Also, don't don't be surprised the ways it all.
Speaker 2: Start getting this year. I like Miami. Now, I like Miami. You know, I like what they added. I think, well what they had, you know, obviously losing Jimmy, but the way that they were playing without Jimmy.
Speaker 1: You know, this big old.
Speaker 2: Tall kid where the discovery of Hell. You put Wiggins right in the mix with hero Beam, right, He's gonna fit right in. And I think for Miami, watch out for Miami because they just they just moved themselves up. Both teams benefit, both teams benefiting. Both teams are gonna go on to have better records and be real, bona fide teams in the playoffs. If you ask me, I agree. It was a picture of you and Jimmy together before the Lakers game. What was the first conversation?
Speaker 1: Like, oh man, I had you know, I had hit him up and he was went up to it like what's up, bro? Welcome. He was just saying like thank you, bro, Like thanks?
Speaker 2: Wait, howd on Honda on Honda? Before he really asking this. I have to preface this because I think the whole social media in the world was waiting for this first interaction. So I want to start back by saying the anticipation. You know, they had the means of John Wick where I was like, yeah, what's gonna happen and the Warriors losing game? He goes Draymond and uh, he goes.
Speaker 1: Everybody. Hey bro.
Speaker 2: People were nervous. They was like, yo, what is Draymond and Jimmy Butler relationship gonna be? Like okay, so now here's the question. What was that first conversation? Like in that photoup Oh man, it was great. You know, I think people forgive me and Jimmy want to go metal together. They really are first rodeo right right? You know, all your favorite players out there be like trying to win gold medal?
Speaker 1: Is we actually did that already? You know? So saying that there was already a familiarity a month. Jimmy and I also share a ton of mutual friends. I mean a lot of mutual friends. Uh, and so just like what's up, bro, welcome like like go out there and get it done like that, And that was just it, like nothing too extreme, but like the respect is there. I think I think people you know, people saying that, Like they were asking me, like, Yo, when's the first time you and Jimmy like and gets in twitter practice?
Speaker 2: Like I don't.
Speaker 1: The only chance we get into the practice is if we're going back and forth on like talking shit coverage back and forth. But that's not to get into it in practice. Like that's a love of competition that of course we're going to. But the reality is, you know what I told them, they like when that's coming, uh next October in training camp just the NBA you own practice like that, like name fifty gays, anything that's October up against some works lifting, Right, there's.
Speaker 2: Some place walk through you know, you may get a run exactly probably not.
Speaker 6: Not like not like young dudes can gets some get some runs, some stay ready again, but it's it's more about that maintenance, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think, uh, you know, listening to people and that's funny. But when you want to win the way that we want to win, like that's all we all want to do, right when that's the main goal, like nothing else matters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk about the defense of IQ. The communication y'are already out there talking. What are y'all talking about?
Speaker 1: We're talking through coverages because we're learning, Like you know, like Jimmy's a great defender, right, although you're a great defender, just like Steph Curry's a great shoot, you have a preference of a shop, right, like you have a preference of a guy that Yeah, I'm a great defender, but I'm stronger in guarding these types of guys. Not that I can't everyone, I can, but I'm strong in guarding these type of guys maybe a little weaker in doing this again, just like a great offensive player. And I'm trying to figure out also trying to figure out Jimmy's weaknesses on the defense, and I know He's trying to figure out my weaknesses so that then I can cover for his weakness and for my weakness. Like that is a great partnership and we are both who cover for people. So I think what we're both doing is trying to figure out where each other a week that we can cover for each other. And now I expect its just talking through different things, coverages and uh stuff that he seeing how he liked to go about it, like you talked about all the little nuanced stuff that Jimmy do. On defense, he's telling me, Yo, if you make this guy do this, I'm gonna come and do that, right. And he's telling me how to put my guy in a bad position and make him vulnerable to Jimmy, which is very interesting man. And I'm that's like high level stuff man, so that I'm someone on my ticket that I can have those types of conversation.
Speaker 2: Flip that you can run stunts. It's crazy. Yeah, it's on the fly, is in it's in real time, so the adjustments, it's not just a mono and mono thing or you're not saying like them like when am I missing, somebody is telling you, like, yo, send him this way. I got you do this. I got you to have to have that communication. As you know, they call it defense on it being on the string, right, everything on the string on kind of one accord. Like I love that Nellie used to tell us to on defense to hide everybody's weaknesses, so you would never be caught on the island. You would never be posted up without somebody there to help, right because you never wanted to expose.
Speaker 3: Your teammates weakness. If you can master that and cover that.
Speaker 2: Then it's it'll be harf an office to figure out who to attack and how to attack. One.
Speaker 1: We got two more games on this trip. We started a trip obviously, oh too lost a a tough one and you taught that we shouldn't have lost again.
Speaker 2: But oh that was tough.
Speaker 1: You know, we've we've stabilized the trip at to and two that we got two games on this tough Texas Swede Dallas Houston on Thursday, which you know for us, I think to go on the break on the four game winning street, you know, with our team that we got moving forward, I think will be really big for us going into this breaks. You know, I think you always always say you want to you want to go on the All Star breakstrong. You want to go into the playoffs strong. You don't want to limpit Star break. You don't want to limp into the playoffs. Yeah, I think it's really important for us to finish through on these last two games in order to come out the All Star break roll. And we don't got no load for air. We gotta we got a lot of games we gotta make up.
Speaker 2: Lock in. It's trying to lock in very absolutely.
Speaker 1: That's how we roll them. Was us move around this league a little bit, travel around the league. Luka Donc's debut last night, scoring fourteen points. Bron posted a picture of the new Big Three in La Loo. Lebron reeves, what is your first impression on the new Lakers with Luca?
Speaker 2: It's cracking out here because you got two Lebron's Luca Luca rebound. He passed the ball right obviously you know the game. The game, it was a blowout, but just to know that Luca got all the little Luca magic things and it's cracky like he was missing some of them shots, some of them aired ones, you know, missing some passes. Oh man, Once this dude lock in, you think about same thing with Steph and Jimmy. Lebron goes out the game. Now you gotta worry about Luca and Luca paced is much slower than Lebron's and so when you match their paced together. And then you include Austin Reeves who've been playing stellar at the point guard position. Right he just he been doing whatever he wants score, get to the whole, shoot the three. And now he's starting to really find reason and and make the right place. The right assistant J. J. Reddick got him rolling. They got they they got some potency. You know, they got a three headed monster in l a and they all are creative. And so you powered up in the back court. You powered up, and like your back court in the front court, it's really about the other guys that's on the floor front of the Lakers who are gonna do the hustling, the scrapping, you know, getting getting deflections, getting offensive rebound put backs. But you ain't got to worry about too much. Uh the way I'm looking at how this Laker thing gonna shake out, because with Luca, you ain't gotta ask for too much for too many people. Give me five, give me seven. I need you know, I need, I need more, I need eleven from you like you ain't asking for much and you go be wide out there, that's what more with you know, what more could you say about Luca? And they gave him a name out here in La they call him Luca.
Speaker 6: Luca the cribston already packed, all right, Luca.
Speaker 1: Sarah speaking of Luca, Uh, we got Dallas tomorrow. Talking about an emotional roller coaster. The mass fans are going through it, even going as far as getting kicked out of a games Raymond Green style, they crashing out. Yeah, it's crazy. Also because people have come up with this theory and I don't know if it's real, but there's this theory floating around, and it's a conspiracy theory. I don't get off into it unless they come from shams. I don't believe it. They traded Luca because they wanted the fans masks so they can move the team to Vegas. Clearly conspiracy theory. Shams have not reported that it ain't real, but come on, I think they're just so baffled at the puzzle. I saw that this is the first time that the Dallas matterage has played the game with all Luca douncers or Dirt and the Biscy on the roster since nineteen ninety eight. So coming up it was a Dirt, you did a Luca. You're like, oh, but we got it for the next we know how to do this, yeah, like we're not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're know how to market this. We know we're not a market.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and then you look up and all of a sudden, Luca not there. I think they just don't know how to process it.
Speaker 2: Dirk was at Luca first game too.
Speaker 1: That's exactly, and so I just I think they just don't know how to process it. And so this conspiracy theory is flying around because I think they're.
Speaker 2: Just trying to find a way to make sense of that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You just don't trade a superstar. You just don't trade it. Like, if you trade a superstar, then it's got it. Like usually it's some type of beef. Yes, right, anytime a superstar fact at that capacity, is ain't it?
Speaker 1: And it.
Speaker 2: Either you're blowing up your franchise or are you like you know what? I can't get over the top with this, dude, you just made it to the top. Homy, you was just right there?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: There is something in the water in Dallas that got people crashing up.
Speaker 1: We need to check.
Speaker 2: Whatever whatever water people are drinking in Dallas, please stop crashing up because they are in crash out more fans getting kicked out the game, conspiracy theories and what they are missing out on is you know they did get you know, Max, Chris Christie is showing up and showing out, and you know, outside of ab injury, you know we saw it when he was getting what he was gonna get or go give him.
Speaker 1: But now think anther injury. Do you think Ad wasn't ready to come back, but just so much turnoil that he got rushed back a little bit absolutely easy. Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I think the media had a lot to do with that, the hype, the angst, the emotion, and you know, teams probably are pushing him saying, man, they just need to see you, they just need to see you out there.
Speaker 1: Then they understand.
Speaker 2: And also as a player, you want to get out on the court, like if you've been injured, You're like, man, I want to get out and put on for this new city and let them know like they got a dull too.
Speaker 3: So I think it's a combination of both. But if it was up to me, I.
Speaker 2: Would have let I had just let Ad sit and sit at least to let Luca make the first debut.
Speaker 3: Because he was already hurt.
Speaker 1: So interesting, man, hopefully get Hopefully Ad can get healthy. Obviously not wishing that on anyone, so looking forward to him getting health. Man speaking of a d over the weekend involving the Los Angeles Lakers, who they were trying to fill ads glaring hole that he left behind with Mark Williams.
Speaker 7: Felt the physical and they said not because of his back that sideline him most last season, but because of multiple other issues of concern sources set Hornets are protesting the trade being rescinded.
Speaker 1: They are the Hornets are protesting the trade being rescinded.
Speaker 2: Right, what is your reaction to this whole debacle? This is like Watergate. It's like old school Watergate. This is like when they was messing up the voting poles. Something is not right. This is tricky, Okay, I just dealt you a player knowing, damn well, he don't pass the physical, but he just played two games ago.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, so that's tricky.
Speaker 2: Meaning, hey, Charlotte, you may be prone to some type of investigation on your damn oh right, depending on what Mark Williams said. Now, the Lakers, how do you not pass a physical in the middle of the season when you're already playing What are the Lakers qualifications and so the Lakers may have had cold feet and knowing that, uh, he didn't pass, Like it could be anything. It could be anything, bro, it could be anything. It could be a spraying finger, it could be a ozgen slaughter remember that, Oh you got osen slaughter. No, he don't pass the physical, So who knows what type of injury or back injury or whatever it is. But you know, we all play I play the herniated disc u my whole career, and you know it is a problem. So it's gonna be tricky to see how this is all on fold but it's definitely an unsolved mystery. And the co part about it is the players got to go back to the teams that it's traded and now you're gonna have them to perform for you for the.
Speaker 1: Rest of the year.
Speaker 2: So what are you gonna do, especially if you don't connect, Like, if you don't connect, what do you how do you feel?
Speaker 1: If you don't connect? You have to be your best job, to be the best professional you can. Ye, don't connect, lawyer, you have excuse me if you're Dug connects Asian. You have to have your clients best interests at heart. Come to son. I don't know how he walks back into to that locker room as a shooter and be like, oh, yeah, now you're gonna put me in this game. I'm about to go shoot that day, Like I mean, hopefully he can, because this can, like going through something like this can really like derail this kid's career. It could do that because he could kill his confidence. Like and when you was confidence in this league, you don't get it back, and so this could really this could really derail Darton's Connects career. It's tough. I got Mark Williams is one thing, but don connect. He was hoping like they just like go ahead, bro, like yeah, and apparently he was gonna be in the A D trade, so they kind of was just off of anyway from what it sound like though his And then now you gotta go back there.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 3: He gotta go back.
Speaker 2: He gotta go back, and kid, that's tough.
Speaker 3: He gotta go back. And he gonna be open.
Speaker 2: He gonna be open. He definitely gonna he gonna be he gonna be wide open. That's for Luca. I bet so you know, make a name for yourself, take advantage of the opportunity if you gonna hoop hoop. But like Dre say, you got to make sure now that you know that you are the You are a disposable piece to the Lakers, and you should be. You gotta look out for your own best interest. Shout out to Brandon Ingram gets a contract extension three years, one hundred and twenty million in Toronto.
Speaker 3: Talk about him going to Toronto A little.
Speaker 2: Bit, big bag for me.
Speaker 1: I'm always happy for see guys get their money. I'm happy to see b I get his brand forty million a year. That ain't no a little bit of chicken. So happy to cbi. Uh. Toronto is a long way, is a way, but very happy to see the You deserve that. And shout out to the young fella getting another batter this right, Yeah, but yeah Toronto. That's about all we need to discuss with with this. I got this bad salute my dog salute another one. Uh but that.
Speaker 2: Get your paper man, the gotta get your paper all right. A big shout out to all the new NBA fans. This segment is called NBA one on one. Today's lesson will explain the buy out market from a player's point of view.
Speaker 1: Dremond take it away the buyo market from a players point if you, I obviously haven't experienced it from like Ben in the shoe, but I have experienced it in watching the bad market and being like, yo, we can get that guy. And the buyo market is after the trade deadline, you got team guys going to teams or staying on bad teams alah, Ben Simmons, or getting traded to a bad team that's not in the playoff race. And there in the last year that contract, they take a buyout, meaning then they negotiate with the team. Hey, you owe me fifteen million dollars, you can pay me fIF fourteen and a half. I'm gonna take the buyout. I'm gonna go somewhere else, Go somewhere else. Most cases sound a minimum deal, make up that money that they missed, and they play for usually a contending team, a playoff team. Yep. And so that is kind of my view on the bio markers from a player's perspective as someone who's never really worn the shoot but yeah, but been watching, You've seen that happen. Absolutely, the biggest bio market signer so far this season is Ben Simmons to the Clippers. Ben said he signed with the Clippers because they were transparent on how they would use him, and he feels wanted. What can Ben Simmons bring to help elevate the Clippers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got some competition, buddy. Okay, here it is my Ben Simmons assessment. If the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Can count on him, count on him.
Speaker 2: For anything, whether he comes to play hard, they're gonna be super successful. If he comes and wants to be a defender, they'll be super successful. If he comes and wants to be a playmaker, they'll be super successful. All he has to do is just commit to playing basketball. And if he could be the best version of any one of those things for the Clippers, Ah, man, the sky is the limit. Because I mean you sitting on somebody who has high basketball like you, loves playing defense right and just hasn't figured out his way. Now you know you're in a short window of can you do it? Can you do it like because you know you show glimpses or can you be that ultimate glue guy? And so if I look at Ben Simmons, I look at him being a boris dl for the Clippers, Like he can be important, he can be he can be the guy off the bench that can help them sustain and cover a lot of ground. Now you got him, Kawhi norv zubob Right, you got defenders, Derrick Jones, you got defenders. You know what I'm saying, He could be Inchigo man, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: So I agree. I think if he can tap back into half of what he wants, you know, the potential that he has shown to be in a multiple time All Star, Uh, I think that's beneficial for the Clippers or another playmaker, you know, another switch defender. So I think it could be beneficial. But he gotta go be Ben Simmons. And like I said, he ain't gotta be the All Star Ben Simmons. Now no one's suspecting that. But he gotta be somewhat of piss. He gotta be something. And I think think show up. Come on, bro, If he show up, he gonna be all right, I think. And I think as a coach, it's yeah, it's good. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, I think you got it. I think I think it's a low.
Speaker 2: Risk, high reward possible move. All right, All Star Weekend is this week? This weekend coming up you'll be competing and the Skills Challenge for Moses Movie. We know you're gonna try your best to beat out Mitchell and Mobley, Zach risk to say and Alex Sar and Chris Paul and Wimby. Who do you think would be your biggest competition? Uh, the Skills Challenge, I think is the biggest competition is CP and Wimby.
Speaker 1: I'd imagine they're the favorite to win, but we're coming for that title. All it is is the past and you're a good pass so you just gotta focus on the passing, don't don't get caught up on the pass. And you know I want to you know, I wanted to ski Skill Us Challenge record time.
Speaker 2: Were Yeah, that was too easy. They need to put they need to put one of the passing things like somewhere in the stands or something for me, you know, focus on the pastor you got to you got everything else. The passing is just perfect that and you're gonna do that.
Speaker 1: No doubt.
Speaker 3: But you don't think You don't think Mitchell and Mobley present any type of true competition for y'all too.
Speaker 1: No, they're both good passers the lane, good sleep. But I think CP and Winby is the favors, Okay for sure? Uh you judging the Slam Dunk Contest? Who you got winning? You got Mantes Buzzales from the Bulls, Stefanie Castle, Andre Jackson Junior, Matt mcclall. I want to say, you should not comment on who you got winning, because that I should be asked to you. Yeah, I definitely think it's probably best that I asked her. So I got Matt mcclaun with but my course and Stefan Castle.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm excited just to see you know, these young dudes.
Speaker 1: You know Matt mcclaull, he won before.
Speaker 2: But you know Stephen Castle, Andre Jackson Junior. H shout out. I mean that dude can fly. I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to even be judging the Dunk Contest.
Speaker 2: Like damn man, I'm so lucky to be a part of this and be a part of this All Star weekend and San Francisco, all the dope stuff we got going on, and all the dope stuff there be a guy going on and be a part of the Dunk Contest and to be a judge, I just hope I'm good at giving the right numbers. Don't be out there like you know, being a being a judge man is like jewelry duty. You know, after they dunk, they looking at you like what you get me? Dog? But you know, so I gotta I'm gonna go with the vibe of the fans and I'm gonna go with and I'm gonna judge based on could I have done that?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Well you got the criterion guys to do dumps that d couldn't do. Uh.
Speaker 2: I can't give none of him any I said, don't.
Speaker 1: Be out there judge like doctor j love Dot. I've watched countless of contest and like guys gonna tend and Doc gets somebody like hey, it's like Doc, how they get all teams in the seven?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 1: I won't be that bad? More consistent. And before we get out of here, shout out to Kyrie and Trey Young for being that the stars replacing Gianni say a d well deserved to both of those guys. Still no LaMelo, Like I said, I think that has a representation where you have nobody that can fight for you. It don't. It don't end well. So I hope these young kids are paying attention Representation matters. Representation is everything. But thank you the fans. We appreciate y'all because of y'all. This show is doing great because of y'all. Y'all got my boy b D y out here popping popping again like b D it is Charlotte gall Here Dunk Contest. They honor the b D week ass Dunction and Dunk Contest. Tell y'all, we appreciate y'all. I'll make this show. I can't thank y'all enough. That's a rap from this episode. I'll start.
Speaker 2: We can't see y'all so