Speaker 1: I Am all in.
Speaker 2: I Am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody Scott Patterson Pop Culture episode ten, season five, but not as cute as Pushkin. I'm joined by the intrepid Taras sued Amy. I was gonna say Amy Roorback for some reason.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: You're You're You're Amy Amy.
Speaker 4: What's is a Amy? What's the girl that was in the scandal the TJ Home.
Speaker 1: I think it was Amy Roorback.
Speaker 4: Is that her name? She's cute. I'll take it, she's cute.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And Danielle Romo all right. Laurie laurelies carrying a bag of shoes. A Laurel is carrying a big bag of shoes on our way to the shoe repair shop and runs into Miss Patty on the street. Miss Patty, what's left to wear? What's left to wear? On your feet? Ha ha ha, Laurrea, I know it's sickness. Everyone thinks it started with Bradshaw, but it actually came over on the Mayflower. Laura's referring to Carrie Bradshaw, the main character from Sex in the City TV series. Laura li compares a shoe sickness to carry Bradshaw because Carrie is known to have a shoe obsession as well, especially with Manilo Bloonax and I know those very well. My wife has a closet fall. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: So disappointed in myself that I didn't get this at first because I was so I don't know what was wrong with me, maybe my ears, because I love Carrie Bradshaw more than anything.
Speaker 1: You're up, Amy, You're up.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: In the same scene, Laura is chatting with Miss Patty about her anniversary party. Oh Luke won't come, Patty, says LAURAAI, sure he will. I have very effective methods of persuasion. They include extremely high heels in all of Jessica Simpson's bath products. Jessica Simpson is a pop star who was most famous for her marriage to Nick Lache. She created a billion dollar brand under her name. The brand has continued to create shoes and clothes, but no longer mixed bath products. Laura is saying she will use the best Jessica Simpson products to seduce Luke into going to the party. During this time, in two thousand and four, she was at the height of her popularity, starring in her newlywed show with Nick, and she had just signed on to portray Daisy in the Dukes of Hazard.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you guys remember, do you remember she had that product that it was supposed to be like lotion, but you could eat it because it was candy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I do, Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, my god, do you remember me? Oh god? Gross?
Speaker 3: She's kind of a legend, like I love her.
Speaker 5: Jessica Simpson, she really is.
Speaker 3: I truly feel that.
Speaker 4: Way, fully, Scott. Don't you consider Jessica Simpson a legend?
Speaker 3: She started reality TV? Newlyweds was not. There was nothing like Newlyweds before.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: She built an empire from it.
Speaker 4: She does so many.
Speaker 3: Things, so many things.
Speaker 4: Now, let's read the one that Scott hates, which I love. Do it?
Speaker 5: Tara? All right? This is discussing what Rory will do with the prospective Yale student she's hosting. Richard says, oh, you're going to show her the Gutenberg. Laura, I says Steve. Richard says Bible, Laura I says right. Steve Guttenberg is an American actor and director known for his lead roles in the Hollywood Films. In Hollywood Films with an eighties and nineties, most notable for Three Men in a Baby Cocoon and Police Academy.
Speaker 4: So I am obsessed with Three Men and a Baby if you rewatch it now, Tom Selleck, what's his face from? Cheers? Ted Danson, and Steve Guttenberg all look hot. But here's the most gnarly Steve Guttenberg movie ever. The day after did you guys? I mean, Danielle and Tara probably weren't even a god do you remember? Do you remember that? It was like that movie kind of like a mini series or movie of the week, and it was about a nuclear attack, and like parents had warnings and they weren't supposed to let children watch it. It was so gnarly, gnarly, just what the world needs. Yeah, it was. That was gnarly. I don't know how else to describe it. But wait, Tura I explained what the Gutenberg Bible is.
Speaker 5: So the Gutenberg Bible by Johannes Gutenberg was the earliest major book printed using mass produced movable metal type in Europe. It marks the start of the Gutenberg Revolution and the age of printed books in the West. And Laura is joking about which Gutenberg Rory is going to show the perspective yells to it.
Speaker 1: Lolurlai is wearing Luke's flannel shirt and carrying a whole pie. LORELEI, you're like hotter than Willy Wonka. Luke, I'm not hotter than Willy Wonka. Willie Walker's character from h Old Doll's children's novel Charlie and Chocolate Factory. Gene Wilde portrayed him in the seventy one film, Johnny Depp portrayed him in the five film, and this year Timothy Chalamaye will portray him in a new adaption called Wonka, set to be released twenty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know that, Oh sure that. I think they just cast him and they're just starting up. Laura is comparing Luke to Willie Wonka because she can go downstairs from his apartment and get all the treats she wants.
Speaker 4: I think I would grab a donut maybe instead of pie, but whatever. Paris tells Rory not to trust any girl under the age of seventeen, including the Yale Prospect. They're only trying to steal our thunder jobs and starter husbands. Do not say perky breast to her. Do you understand me? Eve Harrington has arrived. Eve Harrington is a fictional character from the nineteen fifties film All About Eve, portrayed by Anne Baxter. In the film, Young Eve meets Margo, four year old broadway star, who takes her under her wing. But Eve has an evil plan to steal Margo's friends and Beyonce right under Margo's nose. Paris is comparing Anna to Eve because she's young and she's going to steal her and Paris's men and lives dark, so.
Speaker 3: Dark, Paris. Laurai tells Rory about Luke Stark Day and is asking her if she saw him November thirtieth of last year. So, Laurlai says, because you keep those crazy an Bob Graham kind of notebooks and Bob Graham is a politician who served as the thirty eighth governor of Florida from nineteen seventy nine to nineteen eighty seven and a United States Senator from nineteen eighty seven to two thousand and five. Graham had been known to keep a notebook of his daily, mundane life since nineteen seventy seven, and, as stated in The New York Times, this eccentric habit may have made Al Gore think twice about offering him the presidential nominee in the year too.
Speaker 4: You know what it makes me think of is is if it was today, they would have done it with the Supreme Court guy that also kept the crazy, crazy calendars. Why can't I think of that justice's name? And Matt Damon portrayed him on Saturda Night Live, and it's the funniest thing I've ever seen. Oh, I know somebody's gonna I'm terrible that I can't name the Supreme Court justices, but whatever, Kavanaugh, Kavanaugh, Okay.
Speaker 5: In the library, Rory and Anna are smelling books and then Logan walks in. Anna tells Rory she thinks Logan's cute. Rory says, yes, he is, but not as cute as Pushkin. Right this way, missy. Alexander Pushkin was a Russian poet, playwright, and novelist of the Romantic era. He is considered by many to be the greatest Russian poet, to be the greatest Russian poet, and the founder of modern Russian literature. And Rory wants Anna to be interested in the books and academics more to worry less about boys.
Speaker 4: I had never heard of that.
Speaker 5: I've heard the name, I just didn't no all the details.
Speaker 4: It might be me. Paris comes out of her room dressed to go out. Rory says, it's eleven o'clock. Who do you hope to hook up with? Spike and Drusilla? Which I didn't get this, but it's actually a good pop culture reference. Spike and Drusilla are a vampire couple from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's so late for Paris to go out that she's making a joke that only vampires are out that late. But I will say, in college, you go out way later. People would study till nine and then you would go out at ten. So I digress.
Speaker 1: All right, who's up, Danielle?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I think you are me? Lay Is Danielle. I think it's no. No, No.
Speaker 3: Scott goes Scott. I want to do that. I want to do I want to do the last one. I want to do the last one.
Speaker 1: You go, Scott, you got it, you got it.
Speaker 4: Nothing says thy Master like Laura.
Speaker 1: Line Suki, Oh really you know this is I'm going to tell you why this is so serendipitous, but I'm not going to tell you today Laurel and Suki are cleaning out Laurlized garage. Suki, I mean, who has three thigh masters besides Suzanne Summers. Suzanne Marie Summerson is an actress, author, fitness guru. She is best known for her role of Christy Snow on Three's Company and as Carol Foster Lambert on Step by Step. Suzanne released the thigh Master in nineteen ninety. It became an instant success. She has reportedly made three hundred million dollars from it. Suki is imagine just sort of doing this with your thighs and making three hundred million dollars in insane. Suki is making a joke that nobody owns that many thigh masters except Suzanne, who created them. Thank God, I explained that so everybody would understand it.
Speaker 5: I'm on that one.
Speaker 4: I don't want one. Are they still around? My thoughts could use some work.
Speaker 3: All right, Last, but not least, Paris Is at the speed dating event in Paris says, Seriously, you've got a minute to take an impression, and that's all you can come up with. You you want to know my sign to Jack, or how about my favorite color? Or if I'm a Brittany or a Christina. Britney Spears is a singer and songwriter known as the Princess of Pop and Christina is also a singer and songwriter, but she's often referred to as the voice of a generation. As everyone knows, the two were constantly pinned against each other and had a toxic few Throughout the two thousands, people would choose if you were a Brittany or a Christina stan So I want to ask everyone here, were you a Brittany or a Christina fan?
Speaker 4: Brittany Brittany respect to Christina, but probably Brittany. Oh.
Speaker 3: I was a Christina girl the way.
Speaker 1: No way, and I didn't have a dog in this fight. So myself, it was always Britney.
Speaker 5: Or Christina or in Sync or back Street the ultimate feuds.
Speaker 4: And then I cannot pick between in Sync and Backstreet, Like, I literally cannot pick.
Speaker 3: I have easy Easy in Sync disagreed, I hold it.
Speaker 5: It was my first concert to hold a special place in my.
Speaker 4: Heart for me. I cannot pick. They're both amazing.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I mean like I love Backstreet Boys too, Yeah, literally amazing.
Speaker 1: Aman brothers forever.
Speaker 4: It's a perfect way to wrap up.
Speaker 1: Good good all right, that's going to wrap up pop culture. We will see you next time. Thank you, ladies. What a hooton Nanny it was, it always is and it always shall be. And always remember I I'm all In. Stay safe everyone, See you next time. Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com. Oh you're Gilmore friends. If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company Scottip dot com s C O T T y P dot com scottip dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee