Speaker 1: Hey, and welcome to What Future. I'm your host, Joshua Tzapolski, and I gotta tell you. I gotta tell you it's a big day, big important day. Actually, well, you're going to hear this on midnight on Thursday. If you're if like most of my listeners, you stay up to wait for the show to be posted. At the stroke of midnight, it goes up and all my all the What Future listeners rush to their podcast app of choice in our and just immediately begin listening. A huge spike and listens at midnight, just hundreds of thousands of people streaming, streaming and listening right right at midnight. Anyhow, we're recording this on a Tuesday evening, and this is an iPhone day. So app released a new iPhone, a new some watches, I guess, yeah, and it's you know, that's big, I guess. So I thought we'd talk about it. Lyra's here with me, and Lyras Smith, my producer, and really I think of you know, I think of her as a friend as well. I'd like to think that we are friends.
Speaker 2: That's very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I mean it's from the heart, you know, I don't. I mean, she's contractually obligated to work on the show, so I don't know if if it's the feeling is totally mutual, but I'm choosing to perceive it as a friendship and anyhow, so I thought we'd rap a little bit about the iPhone and maybe some other things. To be honest, my energy is very low this week. The onset of fall I think has somehow. I love fall, but you know, I feel like summer. I don't know, summer seemed short to me. It's been very hot and humid here. Maybe it's just the weather. I feel like something's happened where I just feel like I need to nap. I need to hibernate. But anyhow, before I hibernate, we should we should talk about what's going on in the world, and namely what just happened with Apple new iPhone, a brand new iPhone, the iPhone fifteen. I feel like, if you're up to fifteen, you should start calling it something else, like fifteen's too high of a number. I think, what are they gonna do like the iPhone twenty? It seems dumb. I would start giving it cool names, like like how they name cars called like the iPhone Cheetah or like the iPhone Lancer, the iPhone Vagabond, right, huh yeah at any rate? Yeah, totally No, I uh, there is an Apple event today. I completely forgot about it. It's just a sign of the times. It's very interesting, you know, it used to be. I feel like it used to be a really deal when they would release a new iPhone. Maybe I'm crazy. People used to line up for them. Maybe they still do. I don't know. Imagine lining up for an iPhone. Just imagine like waiting in line to get an iPhone. Can you imagine it? Have you done it?
Speaker 2: No? I can't remember the last time I got in a line to purchase something other than like a fun food.
Speaker 1: Thing, like like a crow nut.
Speaker 2: I mean, I didn't even get a credit, but I got There's like a hot chicken place here that was really really.
Speaker 1: Popular, and you stood in line for a chicken.
Speaker 2: Was sitting in line for like two and a half hours, and I had the time of my life.
Speaker 1: That's fucking nuts, honestly.
Speaker 2: And then at the very end, a guy tried to cut. Oh that's not good, and I said no, yeah, and then the person in front of me let him cut.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, why would you do that?
Speaker 2: So then I told the person at the register, yeah, what happened, and they they like went all.
Speaker 1: Out, like the confiscated his sandwich.
Speaker 2: We got all our food served free for one and then those people got like banned and they didn't get their food and it was a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a cop you are. Look at you? Who are a real cop?
Speaker 2: Well? I am a cop when it comes to chicken that I have stood in.
Speaker 1: Line, lines and lines. No, I think that's very rude to cut in line. People who cut in line are not good people. I don't know. I think maybe. I mean, I've certainly gone to the front of lines, but like in an airport when you're lining up, I feel like there's a lot of confusion usually and people don't know where to stand, and you just kind of like work your way in.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like I'm cutting most of the time. But like people who like willingly or willfully cut into a line where people are waiting, They're like, oh, you can I just go up here. It's on the one hand, you know they're smart, right, because they're just they're they're counting on the goodwill of other people, and they are using the good will of other people to get in ahead in life, which you know it's a user mentality. I don't know if it's a good position to be in, like psychologically. So on the one hand, you know, they're very clever, right you cut in line, you use the goodwill of another person to get into a spot ahead of everybody else. On the other hand, they it seems like a really pretty stupid and ugly practice. I feel like there's something really offensive about it, right, Like you don't have to wait like everybody else waited. On the other hand, you know the best way to deal with this is to never wait in a line, which is my policy. Like there's almost nothing i'd wait and a ligne for, I mean very little I would like stand in line for. I'm trying to think of the last time I was in a line, like besides the airport, which doesn't really count, right, I would say, because you're not like, oh, I need to get a hot dog, You're like, I have to get on this plane no matter what, so I might as well get into the line. I stood in line for a movie.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, yeah, that's what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: I don't think so honestly, I don't remember. It's possible some time in my life I stood in line for a movie. Definitely probably happened like when I was younger, But uh, I couldn't tell you anything I've stood in line for recently. Yeah, I mean I had like a grocery store or something, but that doesn't I don't think that counts either. Anyway, I hope the chicken sandwich was worth it or whatever it did you got? I mean, was it good?
Speaker 2: It was incredible?
Speaker 1: Oh? There you go. Was it anything like a double down, because I've had that? The double down is the double decker? No double down, it's a KFC.
Speaker 2: The chicken is the bun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chickens the bun, and then I forget what's in between. Maybe I want to say bacon in between. The chicken is like the meat.
Speaker 2: Like a VLT.
Speaker 1: It's like something like a BLT, but instead of bread, it's got chicken, which is like, you know, sure, why not?
Speaker 2: You know I had one of those?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had one too. It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Wasn't this This is like ten right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was a long time ago. I mean that it was not recent history anyhow. So Yeah, Apple released a new iPhone today completely completely, That's how we got all this topic. It's people waiting in line for iPhones. But I think it's a testament to where technology has taken us that nobody really cares about the new iPhone. I mean, it's hard to imagine caring about a new iPhone in any way, Like, will I get a new iPhone? Probably, you know, will it be incrementally better than the last one? Definitely? Does it matter? Not really? Not really? You know, sometimes I see a video on the internet, like somebody comparing the cameras of two smartphones, and I can't believe people are still doing this after all this time. I mean, to be fair, I did it for a long time, but just interesting, you know. I feel like the world we've got bigger problems right now.
Speaker 2: I saw an interesting video about how the moment that celebrities partying and public ended was the weekend that the iPhone was released.
Speaker 1: You're saying, because of the iPhone or the rise of the camera in everyone's pocket, celebrities stopped partying in places where they would be visible and have pictures taken of them.
Speaker 2: That's what this woman who was around at the time, and she said that the week before the weekend before all the celebs were like openly doing drugs, hooking up, like you'd go to a club in la and you would like see anybody doing anything. And then the same weekend that the iPhone came out was when Lindsay Loewen had the ankle monitor on, and within twenty four hours there were like hundreds of pictures from just regular people like on the Internet of her at a club wearing her ankle monitor.
Speaker 1: Right right, bad situation for her, And so that was like the end. Yeah, it's interesting. I mean, for sure, the surveillance state we've all created has definitely behave certain behaviors. On the other hand, think about all of the things that we are now able to see and capture and share that are that would not have been possible without smartphones. I mean, like the many crimes of the police, you know, police officers killing people, which like before would just happen and people would just talk about it, but you had no evidence there.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't even hear about it.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't even hear about it because it would just be people talking and that would be it. So stuff like that, I mean, you know, think about like the like the capital the Capitol riots like that. The January sixth shit is like a bunch of these dufises were taking pictures of themselves and like you know, or taking pictures of other people, and uh, that's like led to a lot of people getting arrested and being put in jail for being insurrectionists. You know, it's I mean, listen, it's a it's a double edged sword. I mean when I think about what I've captured with my smartphone camera, like the moments in life that had been captured, the sheer volume of photographic and video recordings and sort of archives of our life and behavior, It's like never before, I mean, never before in the history of humanity have we been able to so document ourselves and access the document and reference and research and analyze the document of ourselves. I mean, it's a really weird time. I mean, it's strange. And that is all due to the smartphone that is. I mean, the celebrity thing is one thing, but I mean, you know, it's let's like pan out no pun intended, zoom out no pun intended to humanity, to regular people, and think about all of the things that people can be captured doing now, Like all the ways that they change how we interact with each other. And I don't just mean like social networks and stuff. I mean like what might you not do at a party because you know somebody's got a camera? What might you not say? You know? And by the way, these are maybe good things, good to be inhibited sometimes, right, Like inhibition is probably useful in a lot of situations. But you know, it's like Apple has a setting for like kids to like detect nudity in their photos in their messages, you know, because that's the thing now that happens. Children are sending like nude photos to each other, or they're sending you know, kids are sending like photos of other people to people. And it's like, yeah, like that shit wasn't happening when I was a child, Like it wasn't even possible. So the concept of it was just so far removed from anything that you'd have to ever consider. You know, people were worried about like TNA on MTV, which is the name of my new documentary about TNA on MTV. No, I don't you know, it's funny. I mean, but now our problems are so much more complicated and fast moving. But then on the flip side, as I said, what a world we've created. But it does really a bit like a surveillance state. I mean, like in one way, it's great, right because it's really hard for like serial killers to operate. I mean that's like that's a plot, I'd say, right, But now it's like mass shooters are like, hey, I'm going to put it on Facebook, so you know, six one, a half dozen or the other or whatever. It's like we see a lot more, we know a lot more we can capture and prevent, probably more now because of the way that cameras are ubiquitous. But it also has other implications that may not be as positive, Like sometimes it feels like you're living in a police state created by you and your friends and family, you know. But on the other hand, an argument would be, well, if you're not doing anything wrong, then who cares? But then, of course the counter argument to that would be who gets to decide what's wrong? But then, like that's a slippery slope into like a Ben Shapiro type of situation. It's like like like Alex Jones type of whatever. I mean, you know you can't go down that road. But let's just say serial killers have been really hurt by the rise of the smartphone and CCTV technology, which I think is probably a positive. I don't know. I don't know what your take is on that. You don't have to take. You don't have a hot take on serial killers.
Speaker 2: I don't have all I take on serial killers.
Speaker 1: Well, that makes one of us. It's dark stuff. Anyhow, it's the new iPhone. So it's the iPhone fifteen, the iPhone fifteen, I want to say, plus then there's another one called the iPhone fifteen Pro. And then there's another one called the iPhone fifteen Pro Mac. These are all great names. They're all great names, and the new iPhones and they have new features. I don't know. I used to get very excited about new things like iPhones, and now I feel nothing. I feel dead inside what I hear about a new iPhone. It's been a real journey, I think. Is it my age? I don't know. I think it's just the state of technology. You know, we're in a real valley. We've been in a valley for a while. I think everybody had a little bit of a like a false start on AI. I mean, crypto and stuff has been a little bit of a false start but then AI is kind of the second false start, where it's like it's like things that exist that don't exactly solve problems and maybe don't solve them as well as everybody tells you they will. I think the iPhone, you know, solves some real world problems, and I think spoke to a real world desire for something. I think everybody was sort of had become very acclimated to what cell phones were capable of, and there was like what's the next step here? Like where does this go? I think that it makes a lot of sense where they took it. But I think we are in a valley, a real kind of vast valley right now. In terms of technological innovation. I mean, there are things going on that are amazing, but they're not exactly like world changing. You might argue, well, the electric the rise of the electric vehicle is you know, could be world changing, and I don't know. I mean, the argument there could be, well, they use natural resources in other ways and they're very you know, resource intensive to produce, and you know, you'd have to replace every car on the road with an electric vehicle, which I will someday I assume happen. But is it like, is it a sea change moment for it's not really. The cars are still cars. They're not. They don't fly, you know, it's like we don't we still need roads. I think that the iPhone was like a completely new thing for most people, like a completely new idea of this, of this everything in your hand, everything in your pocket. I mean, it's like what we're talking about the camera stuff amazing and amazing situation where I follow a bunch of photographers on Instagram who are just amazing photographers and they're using an iPhone and their photos are, you know, incredible, and you're like, like, there's just billions of images being created every day, millions billions. I don't know how many it is, but just of everything just being snapped everywhere you can imagine, you know, and mostly most of them probably geolocated as well. It's like you think about the way we've kind of blanketed the planet in photography and in geolocation and you know, navigation. It's pretty wild. But I think, but getting back to the point about the iPhone, I think it served a real purpose, you know, at a moment that that purpose needed to be served. You know, electric cars, forrinstance, are simply an evolution of a car. It's a different way to build a car, but they do essentially the same things. Will that have a huge impact on the planet, the health of the planet, It's hard to say. At this point, it feels like the health of the planet. Maybe we may be a little bit past the window for great repair now we just you know, we're probably more like, I need a really good boat or something like, you know, is Apple going to make boats to get me out of the cities, the sunken cities of the world. Maybe someday electric boats, I mean, that could be a whole new category. Wouldn't be a game changer, but I think a lot of people could need boats in the near future. I don't know. If you've seen the movie water World, it's a very realistic depiction of a future where the.
Speaker 2: World is Can you have an electric boat?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course you could charge a boat in the water.
Speaker 1: Could charge it. Yeah, you could charge it and then not kill anybody. I mean, you plug it in somewhere. Boat you could use solar. Wouldn't you need a lot of solar to charge it? I mean, you know, hypothetically, maybe there's a plug. You know, there's like a plug like on the dock. You know you can. Yeah, there's like some power running somewhere. There could be I'm saying, you know, electric boats exist. Okay, I'm not like making this up. They exist. I mean, here's a Wikipedia entry. Electric boat is a powered watercraft driven by electric motors, which are powered by either onboard battery packs, solar panels, or generators. So boats powered by electricity have been used for over one hundred and twenty years. So I guess. I guess not only are there electric boats, but they're like old technology for boats. So that's interesting. Yeah, like electric boats are a real thing, Okay, I mean they're like a whole thing apparently so at any rate, So, water World is a film starring Kevin Kostner where the world is covered in water, and honestly, I don't know if I've ever seen the entire water World. Now that I'm thinking of it, I have to put that on my letterbox. But I think the thing is like, you know, the only commodity is like fresh water or something. I want to say, maybe that's mad Max similar setup, I think, but at any rate, that could be us soon and people are gonna need boats and that's where Apple comes in, maybe just saying that's possibility. Yeah, it's interesting. We're in a technological valley. We are in a it's very incremental. Everything's very incremental. Everything's very like based on you know, if you loved If you love this technology, you'll love this one that uses a similar technology and does some stuff that's sort of similar but isn't exactly the same thing. I think the biggest deal with the iPhone today do you know what the biggest thing is? The biggest announcement today?
Speaker 2: Is it the camera? No?
Speaker 1: Wrong?
Speaker 2: Wrong?
Speaker 1: If you hid lyra you continue to be incorrect about electric boats and now the iPhone. The biggest deal today is that they've changed the port on the iPhone. Okay, they've given it a new port. The lightning port is done. The light do you know what the lightning port is? That that's the you know whatever, it's the fucking thing at the bottom of the iPhone that has they think USBC. The USBC is what they're using now. USBC is what like all of their computers and the iPads us But for some reason they kept like a set of products using lightning ports, which was the iPhone, the air pods, and it's some other whatever now, so now every now it's going to be everybody has a universal standard. It's all just universally standardized.
Speaker 2: Weren't they like legally required to do that.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, in Europe. I believe Europe created a situation that was like required electronics manufacturers to make things like charging ports compatible because otherwise it's like incredibly wasteful to create lots of different standards that all do the same thing, right, and like you have to produce all of this extra stuff because of the change and the difference in the pins or whatever, and it's like not it's really like pretty stupid since everybody else is using a standardized like literally every other company uses the USBC standard and Apple has its own things classic Apple. Actually, they've done it. They've done it. They've done this quite a bit historically, where they have a port that nobody else uses or they're the first to use it, and it takes forever for it to be adopted, or it never gets adopted, or it only gets adopted a little bit, you know, But that's cool. I think it's like you know, like like Fleetwood Max said, you can go your own way. I think that's what they said, is that the lyric? Am I misremembering.
Speaker 2: That that's the lyric.
Speaker 1: That's the lyric. So you know, they go their own way on a regular basis, and sometimes it pans out and sometimes it doesn't. I assume they made a boatload of cash selling lightning lightning adapter accessories. That's to me is where the money is anyhow. So yeah, so that's it. That's that's the tech news for the week, big technology news. But like the rest of the world, I mean, you think about it, like whatever's going on elsewhere is not good. There's like five thousand people who died in Libya because a damn collapsed, and then in Morocco there's been a terrible earthquake that killed like over a thousand people, oh no, twenty nine hundred, over twenty nine hundred people. Like, you know, it seems like, I don't know, it seems like the world is not doing well. Like out they're doing like a Biden impeachment because I don't know why they're like trying to impeach Biden over something like like I don't know what it is, but sure it'll be a lot of fun for us. I'm sure it'll be a lot of good, waste of everybody's time. I don't know, getting back to the iPhone, I want to tie everything into this conversation about the iPhone. No, I don't. I don't want to do that. I don't know. I mean, everything that's happening in the world is bad, and I don't really want to discuss it. You know, like I can't. What do I have to say about about the flood you know in Libya? I have nothing to say about it. It's tragedy, sucks. You know. Where we headed? Where's this all going? When does it end? Or is it just beginning? Nobody knows. Nobody can be sure. We're all just spirits wandering through this world, trying to find a final destination. You know, have you ever seen that film Final Destination?
Speaker 2: I love Final Destination.
Speaker 1: Do you I you know, no, I think, but I don't think I've ever actually seen Final Destination. I know enough about it, but I don't think I've ever watched a Final Destination movie from beginning to end.
Speaker 2: We watched like three of them in one night last year, and it was really fun.
Speaker 1: The plot of Final Destination is like people survived like a crash or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they were supposed to.
Speaker 1: They were supposed to die, and so so death comes after them in all sorts of inventive ways. Like they like, you know, like they're on a roller coaster and the roller coaster like rail detached and they go flying. They go flying. It's like shit like that, right, It's like it's not like they die of heart attacks, to die of their sleep.
Speaker 2: You know, it's very campy.
Speaker 1: The guys feel like, if you have the power to derail a roller coaster, why not just like float a knife and stab them or something, you know, why not just or why not just like strangle them with whatever power you use to derail the roller coaster? Or is it like subtle like there's this crew loose, like it's not clear what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's more like that. It's like it you couldn't prove it, oh right.
Speaker 1: It all looks like it looks like it just it's just an accident. I think it'd be weird though, if like there were like five people in a plane crash and they didn't die and then they started dying with like in really unusual ways. I think people would be like, something weird is going on? Does that happen? In the movies.
Speaker 2: I feel like that they would call you a conspiracy theorist if you said.
Speaker 1: That, They would say that in the film. Is that what happens?
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I don't think they say it in the film. I don't think there's enough of like a news story about it.
Speaker 1: No, I guess there would be. But I do think if like suddenly survivors of a plane crash started dying, I think there would be a news story about it. That's what I think. Maybe I'm crazy, especially if they was like, it's like people in this town, right, they like live in the same town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all high school students together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, that's right. I think it's it's a cool concept. I like it.
Speaker 2: Well, they've made seven of them, might think so.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I know. I feel like the title is really misleading, clearly not. It's nothing final about this destination. So during the break, Lyra said she was going to get a h I think you said, jack and coke, and I admonished her for drinking and I and I sent her to the alcoholic Alcoholics anonymous.
Speaker 2: Website Alcohol Convention, the alcohol.
Speaker 1: I STO sent her to the Alcohol Convention. I sent her the AA website, and I sent her the meeting in her local area. No, I'm kidding. I'm kidding. Of course, I love drinking, as everybody knows. I'm a big fan of alcohol. Of course, if it's not for you, that's fine. But I have been not drinking recently, or at least I have been attempting and somewhat succeeding to not drink on a fairly regular cadence and basis I think I go through these cycles where I drink and don't drink. Like you know, at the end of some cycle of not drinking, I'll decide, like boy, having a martini will be so awesome and it feels so good. But I've been smoking weed more smoking weed. That sound like I sound like a billion years old when I say it. I don't know why I've been I've been smoking. I've actually been vaping weed, which I find much more enjoyable than smoking like a joint or something. I think it's a smoke really gets to me, I feel like and it affects my I think I get like stoned in a way that is different when I smoke weed, like when I burn it. I don't know if that's a common thing for most people, but I have like embraced I have somewhat embraced weed more than I ever have in my life. And maybe it's something to do with not drinking, maybe it's other stuff, but I find it is somewhat enjoyable to me now, which I don't know lyra. I don't know if you smoke weed or not, but.
Speaker 2: I did my whole life, and then I got pregnant and I didn't and then I tried like once after wrent into it and I had the worst panic attack. I was like googling, is my breast milk now ruined? Like you know, Like I was, like, I really freaked out and it was not fun. And now I'm I'm incredibly jealous of people who can enjoy it because I just can't enjoy it anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, those you raise some issues that I'm not I haven't had to deal with. I mean, certainly you are. You are speaking on parts of life that I will never have to you know, reckoned with, which is great for me. It's great, great for me as a man, just to say that I'm not worried about any of that. But yeah, I don't know, it's uh. I don't really know. I mean, it seems like it seems like a very mild thing, to be honest, it seems like, even at my very most stoned, I don't feel like the way I feel when I'm drinking, which obviously it's a different thing. Yeah, I don't know. Maybe it's just, you know, I'm like Huey Lewis, Like Huey Lewis, I want a new drug, you know, and I found one? Maybe I think.
Speaker 2: Did he find one? What did he find one?
Speaker 1: Did he find one? No? The point of that song is that he wants a drug that doesn't exist. The point of I Want a New Drug is, Yeah, he wants a drug that doesn't make him do all of the things that people do when they're on drugs, like talk too much, like if you're on cocaine, or make you feel thick if you're high or whatever. And I get it. I mean, I think actually the song is about he's with a he's dating a woman, or he's with a woman who makes him feel like he's high in a way that is different from any other drug that he's done. And I think it's a beautiful thing. And I think relationships can make you feel that way. In fact, I think there's an actual physiological reason for that that, Like people actually get high from being with each other. When they like each other, there's a whole bunch of shit going on biologically with you with one.
Speaker 2: That thing that like drug reaction, it only lasts for the first like two to three years.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They should. Someone should create a drug that re ups that. I think that would be a big hit. I feel like it'd be a big hit that loves to be like the love drug. It'd be like feel the way you felt the first time or whatever, you know. I think that would be really nice. I think it would be abused. I think people would definitely abuse that. I feel like that would could be very a very weird thing to be to be doing anyhow, you know, it's tough. Humans love to be intoxicated, But I don't know. Drinking is one of those things where the first drink is perfect. I'm sure I've talked about this in the podcast before. The first drink is perfection. The first drink is heaven on earth. The first sip of the first drink, the second sip of the first drink is like the most perfect and magical. Maybe I sound like an alcoholic when I say this the most perfect and magical feeling. You're like, things are going to be fine, Everything's going to be great. I'm feeling good, you know. And I think that all of drinking is really about recapturing the first few SIPs of your first drink. I think that I guess this is depending on how strong the drink is. I'm not like a typically like a beer drink or even a wine drinker. So for me, it's like the first two SIPs of a martini, which are pure alcohol, right, like one hundred percent alcohol in there. So it's a lot, right. God, I'm talking about this now, and I'm like, I'm like, ooh, a drink, south's really good. Like the fucking power of suggestion, the power of a person who suggests to themselves, Like like, I'm sitting here going on, I'm feeling so good. I haven't been drinking, and then yet at the same time as I talk about those first two SIPs, I'm like, fuck, I'm gonna break I'm gonna break my I'm gonna break my run here tonight.
Speaker 2: Martini's were always my drink when I would It's insane when I think about it. Now. But when I like turn twenty one and I would go out in this summer, I would have gin on the rocks, not even a martini cause I didn't know. Yeah, and then in the winter I would have gin meat and that was what I drank for years.
Speaker 1: That's hardcore. I mean, that's real stuff.
Speaker 2: But I didn't know. I thought this is what it is anyways, and then I realized, oh, martini is just that, but it's an actual, real drink.
Speaker 1: It's just alcohol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so then I always drank martinis. And then I introduced and a full blown alcoholic who only drank beer two martinis, and then he was like in love forever.
Speaker 1: That's a You know, it's tricky. Not everybody wants none. Everybody should drink glasses of pure spirits. I mean it's not like beer is one thing. It takes a while to get drunk on beer, and like you get full and you get tired and whatever. You know, it does not take as long to get drunk on a martini. In fact, like I would say, probably with one martini, I'm pretty good. Two is certainly more than enough. Three is a mistake.
Speaker 2: I've watched some very tall men get drunk on two to three martinis get sloshed.
Speaker 1: You know, on your environment. There are environments where I could drink Martini's for a long time and not feel necessarily like super duper drunk. And then there's like if I'm at home and I have two, I'm like, Okay, I'm pretty good, but yeah, drinking, you know, I'm trying not to do it. I go through these cycles all the time. I feel pretty good. I feel pretty good about Like how where I am from a health perspective. I am aware of when I'm intoxicated or when i'm you know, high or whatever. I'm drunk or high, but like, I'm not a person who necessarily feels like it has a I don't have a negative, you know, I'm not like it's a big negative when I get drunk or whatever. I'm not. I don't think that's actually the case. I do feel like having, you know, when I go on these stretches of not drinking. It's interesting how much generally healthy I feel like. I'm I eat less, way less. That's a big one for me. It's like I eat way less, like during the day, I eat less. At night, I eat less, Like if I don't drink it all. My appetite is very different, which I think find to be i don't know, fascinating and good ultimately, because like I definitely, you know, have like the mid every time I drink, I'm like, I'm gonna get a minut snack of some type, which is usually some grouping of disgusting items. It's like, it's like and I'm going to scoop out this cream cheese and heat it or something like that. You know, It's like I'm gonna just have peanut butter straight from the jar or whatever kind of weird shit you think of when you've had a couple of drinks. Anyway, I feel generally healthier. Psychologically I feel not because of drinking, just generally lately I feel like a complete mess. But physically I'm in at the top of my game. I mean, physically I'm like a like an Adonis, like a like a like a god. Really and mentally I'm all fucked up. But physically I'm like watch out, watch out world, you know. And if my mind whereas together as my body is right now, it's no telling what could happen. Honestly, maybe I'll run to be president. Maybe I'll start my campaign right now. That's how good I'm feeling physically anyway. So I have been drinking. You know what I have been doing is checking out that new iPhone. And I gotta tell you what a great new entry into the iPhone cannon. Fifteen. I didn't think we get here, My god, I never thought we'd get to fifteen. And here we are. And I can see it now with sober eyes. I'm seeing it all unfold for the first time, perhaps through the lens of sobriety. And I gotta tell you it's a trip.
Speaker 2: When they the ten came out, isn't they called the iPhone X X. They call it the X, the X, and then they just went back to eleven.
Speaker 1: I want to say something. I think it's possible that the X was actually the ninth iPhone. There's some weird thing where it actually wasn't huh. I gotta, I gotta look this up now. I want to say, there's some weird, some weird like Apple math. Okay, it's the eleventh phone. The iPhone AX is the smartphone design developed and marketed by Apple Incorporated. It is part of the eleventh generation of the iPhone. The naming of the iPhone X skipping the iPhone nine is to mark the tenth anniversary of the iPhone. Okay, I guess that makes sense. Sure, Yeah, twenty seventeen, right, twenty seven and twenty seventeen. Okay, but it's the eleventh generation of phone. And I guess they're saying it's they skip I guess I'm confused. They skipping the iPhone nine. So was there an iPhone eight? I don't remember, Yeah, iPhone eight. It was iPhone eight. And then they went They didn't go from nine and then to ten. They went from eight to ten. And the tent was to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the existence of the iPhone, not the tenth model, even though up until then I believe the numbers indicated the number of iPhones that had preceded it, you know, plus one or whatever. This is all great stuff, This is all important stuff, and I'm glad that we got to the bottom of it. All right, Anyhow, we should probably wrap up, I mean, because honestly, I might have to get a drink now. No, I'm not going to. I think I'm going to get my vape. Get out the vape. See what happens, See what happens when I stop being ployed, start getting real, you know, which is different from how I am now. Well, that's our show for this week. We will be back next week with more what future and I don't know, I don't know if we'll still be talking about the iPhone fifteen. You know, it's possible, made anything's possible, And until then, I wish you and your family the very best