Speaker 1: Hey, what's going on? Your name?
Speaker 2: My name's Max Max mm hmm, And I have a little bit of a hypothetical for you. I thought it would be interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, what's the hypothetical?
Speaker 2: So hypothetically, I read an article on Vice one time. Right, So, hypothetothetically, if I had my leg amputated and I got to keep it right, and then I hired a professional fougias death like Gordon Ramsey Bobby Flay to uh cook this leg into burrito or something like that, would you take a bite?
Speaker 1: Would I take a bite of your leg?
Speaker 2: I guess anyone's legs. I don't think I have anything wrong with my leg.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so a world class chef prepares a human leg, not my leg, just a random leg. When I take a bite of the leg, m uh, where did they get.
Speaker 2: That h of a person?
Speaker 3: You got?
Speaker 2: I guess? Okay, I guess you would have to have the leg from me because I'm hiring the guy to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're telling me there you Okay? So I just gonna ask, is like, is every if? Because look, if a guy is giving up his leg, why is he giving up? Why are you giving up your leg? How did you lose your leg? I need way more details.
Speaker 2: It would already it was already dead. Like this is just purely coincidental. And I'm like, Okay, why not get some use out of this dead leg that's severed off with my body?
Speaker 1: Sure, all right, I'm gonna plan. I'm gonna pull it like this if I had a friend, I've had a rich friend, let's say, lost his leg in some whatever, crazy accident, but he got to keep it and they couldn't put it back on, And my friend called me up and he was like, la, listen, I'm hiring Gordon Ramsay to make a delicious meal out of my leg, and I would like you to come to my house for dinner tonight to eat my leg with me. One hundred percent I would say, yes, absolutely, I would eat. I would eat my friend's leg with him. So, I guess to answer your question, it would really depend on if if it was a random guy's leg, I don't think I would do it, But if I knew the person, because it's an intimate thing to eat somebody, and so I would. I would want to know the person. I would want to have a relationship with them before I ate their leg.
Speaker 2: I guess this is uh, this is an icebreaker. I like to use a lot.
Speaker 1: As one of the first things you bring up in conversation with a person.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, yeah, especially how does that go for you? Usually makes me seem a little nuts. But then like, if they match the crazy, you know, it's it's gonna go fine.
Speaker 1: That's brilliant, That's that's pretty smart.
Speaker 2: I would think.
Speaker 1: So, all right, what about you? Would you eat the leg?
Speaker 2: Oh? Hell yeah, dude, I would purely because like, you're never going to get that meat again, right, like, unless you're a fucking cannibal. And some people answer this like, oh, once you eat a little bit of the leg, you're just a cannibal. And I can't get past that.
Speaker 1: Well you you, but hold on, hold on, hold on, If you eat the leg, you're totally I don't know if we need to put a whole label on it. I don't know if if you, as a person become a cannibal, but you are I mean, what it really is a cannibal?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Is it a person who regularly engages in cannibalism. I don't know if if your whole existence needs to be labeled with your cannibal But you are absolutely undeniably engaging in an act of cannibalism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Mike, it's ethical cannibalism, I think I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if it's ethical as in, like, well, I don't know if ethical means it produces active good, but I don't think it produces active harm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's more of a neutral.
Speaker 1: It's it is a very neutral cannibalism. That's a great way to put it. So, yes, I would engage in neutral cannibalism. I can't think of a situation in which cannibalism would produce a positive effect, can you?
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe if your friend dies in the zombie apocalypse and you really like out of starvation or something, and you're just stranded in the middle of nowhere and you have nothing to eat, I can see how cannibalism would have a positive effect there.
Speaker 1: Right, Or if like there's a dead guy in front of a door that a bunch of people are trying to get into the place that the door leads to, and you eat the dead guy so that people can get into the door, that would that would be a positive effect for other people. So there is positive cannibalism and neutral cannibalism. Yeah, and all and also bad cannibalism. There's situations in which eating a person is bad too. So I'm going to I got a three sixty view of cannibalism over the course of this call. Where is the line.
Speaker 2: Yes or does it cross into bad territory?
Speaker 1: Do you think I think if you kill a person with the express intent of eating their dead body after you kill them, I think that is bad. Interested, Max, Is there anything the computer before we got Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just glad you took my time on this. I was having a bad night. You made it pretty good. Man.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Hey man, listen, if you ever, if you ever do lose your leg and you want me to come eat your leg with you, I would do it.
Speaker 2: I'll give you. I'll give you a call.
Speaker 1: Man, Thanks for calling. Man. Yeah, he said you got it, but I cut them off at the end. Hey, is this gummy worm?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So gummy worm? What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: This is oh, yeah, this is pretty cool. Yeah. I got diagnosed with a thing with my eyes. It was called retinitis pigman tosa, and it's like basically going to take my vision in the next like five, ten, fifteen years. Somewhere in that window of time, and this has happened pretty recently, so it's just kind of given me a lot of It's given me like a new perspective on what I should be doing with my days in my life and my future and stuff.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Interesting. What kind of perspective has it given you as to what you should be doing?
Speaker 5: I think for the most part, I think it's given me sort of this sort of this more go get them type attitude towards like, you know, getting the things I want and seeing, like going out and seeing and doing things. Because I used to be kind of a it used to be kind of like a social like introvert, kind of shut in a little bit, not really like wanting to do much and not really like wanting to go out and do things. And in a sense, you know, in a sense, I haven't. It's not like I've changed completely as a person or anything like that given this new sort of thing in my life. But I think now it's sort of like I don't know, I just feel like more motivated to like go and see some stuff before I like, you know, can't right right.
Speaker 1: It's this is interesting because you know, I know you have a thing where you you know that you're going to not be able to see in the next what you said, ten years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, somewhere like next yeah, somewhere in the next five ten or fifteen, like fifteen is years. Kind of depends see the thing with the.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Oh no, it's just like you know, uh, it's just like a weird window of time. It depends on how far it's like progressed. So it's like mine, my personal my personal like condition like status is that you know, it's probably going to be in like ten.
Speaker 3: Or fifteen years.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to me that this has motivated you and lit a fire under your ass to be more tenacious because we all do have an expiration date. We're all going to die, We're all going to lose our sight at some points that could be any day in the future. And this diagnosis putting a sort of more finite, tangible timer on your site has has now that it's a tangible, finite thing, it's it's inspired you to move about the universe and do things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I used to like kind of put things off a lot and like say no to a lot of things. Like I didn't I didn't really want to go out and do things like you know, partying or you know, not saying that this has like been my excuse to party it up or anything like that. But you know, I used to just kind of feel like I wasn't gaining any sort of value out of doing those kinds of experiences. And now that and now, like you said, now that I got this like fire on your my ass a little bit, and like I have to kind of take it all in while I still can. It's it's a weird saying. It's kind of like now I feel I can, you know, sort of almost see my goals a little bit better now and start like strategizing better on what I want to do.
Speaker 1: So so hit us, Okay, these these goals, these things that you want to do, this this uh uh you know tenacity that you now have? What what are these things?
Speaker 5: Well? I dropped out of school, like too, like a year ago, a year and a half ago or something like that. I dropped out of college, out of film school. I just didn't like my major and I didn't know what I was going to do. Like I just kind of decided that maybe school wasn't for me, and I was just gonna, i don't know, like work a regular job and just like climb climb the ladder that way. But now that like I have this diagnosis, I kind of want to go back to school. Like I kind of want to like get a job in something that I actually feel passionate about and like and you know, maybe a job that I can probably do even after I lose my vision. So I don't know. I think I'm going to go into school and try to get my uh get my license to become like a social worker or like a psychologist or.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I want to travel. Yeah, So you've described a few things you you you are describing right now the way that this diagnosis has influenced you in terms of your long term vision for your life, which I find very interesting because you mentioned that, But then you were also mentioning partying, saying yes to things, just sort of in your day to day life life, trying to take the moretinacity of what's right in front of you. And I find it interesting that both your short term day to day life as well as how you're thinking about your you know whatever, your ten year plan, your five year plan, have both been affected.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no, because at the end of the day, like I still I'm still able to see right now, and as far as I can tell, my vision will still be okay ish for the next five ten years. So I don't know, it's sort of like given me this feeling of like it's like I just want to see and do as many things as the same person can do before that time is up, you know what I mean. And I'm not saying that, you know, blind people don't like live a fulfilled life or anything like that. It's just sort of like when you grow up. I'm twenty years old now, I've I've had my vision my whole life, and so now it's like, you know now that it's not going to be a thing anymore. It's not you know, it's going to get taken away. Essentially, I'm now sort of like forced to sort of think about the things that I haven't seen or the things that I haven't done that would be more and much more difficult to do as a blind person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what are those things? In particularly? You know, I'm I'm I'm happy to hear that you've established for yourself a sustainable, long term type of plan with you know, going back to school, getting your job, But tell us about some crazy shit that you want to do. I know it's lingering in your brain of like the the yoloy fucking let's go to the Grand Canyon type. I don't know why I picked the Grand Canyon, but you know what I'm talking about, What are these kinds of things that you want to go see and do and whatnot?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, as as of like the super crazy stuff. I mean you listed off the Grand Canyon. That is actually something that I written. I'll wrote on my list, like I have a list. It's like, you know, stuff, there's like normal stuff and like going to you know, visit Japan and you know, going to the Grand Canyon and traveling, you know, traveling in the United States. As for like the crazy stuff, I've always kind of wanted to hitch hike somewhere or like train hop mm hmmm mmm.
Speaker 1: Do you think you'll ever do it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, Like it's kind of hard. I kind of.
Speaker 3: Hmm. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I want to say yes, but it's like I got I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to have a a finite timeline that you're working with here, because we think of life as so infinite, as we think of time as there will always be it we think of. You know, you know, when you have something that you want to do that you just don't have time for right now, you kind of place it in the ether of maybe I'll do it someday. But I mean this is very very cheesy but also extremely true. I'm finding that the more I think about shit like the cheesiest, clichest shit, it's you know, it's cliche for a reason because it's damn true. Like the whole someday is not a day thing. I mean, it's true. You know, if you want to actually do you have to do it now or else you're not going to do it. And it's interesting that you are playing with this timeline here, because you know, like, Okay, if I don't do it this year, and then I don't do it next year, and I don't do it the year after that, I don't do the year after that, I don't do it the year after that, then fuck, I'm not gonna be able to do it anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, exactly. So as of right now, I've you know, I only got diagnosed like through three months ago, like three months ago something like that, and so far I've already done like I've already done so many things that I never like thought that I would do. Like I've like I went to uh yeah, this is a yeah, this isn't. Like about three months or ago, I went to like a rave for the first time.
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah, yeah, how is that? Is that something you've always wanted to do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've always like seen it in TV shows and stuff and thought like, oh shit, I want to do that. And then, like like I said, I never really like decided to do it for myself. And then I got the news that I might have this condition, and then I just sort of like pulled the trigger and.
Speaker 3: Was like, fuck, yeah I should do it.
Speaker 1: And how was the hard? It was low key hard, really tell me why it was cool?
Speaker 3: It was really well.
Speaker 5: So the reason why this even came up was one of the side effects of my conditions that I can't like see in the dark, like literally at all, so like you know, you turn off, you turn off the lights and it's like fucking pitch black. So the only reason I was having a touch time was because like, uh, after like you know, being in the crowd or whatever, you can go to the back and like sit in the seat, and my friends were all sitting in the seats and I went up to take a whiz and I came back and it's like pitch black, and I just fucking I can't find my friends or some shit like that, you know, or like the flashing lights will like blind me temporarily. But it was so cool.
Speaker 3: It was super cool.
Speaker 1: M that's awesome to hear that it was a good experience for you. And and and tell me, is there anything else that you've done in the past three months that you were just always kind of waiting to do, but but now you you took your opportunity to do it.
Speaker 5: This is going to sound like kind of like I don't know, this is gonna sound definitely like smaller scale, you know. But like I talk, I find myself like talking to people a lot more and like looking at people's like faces and their features and stuff. Do you know it's okay, I don't know, Like it's kind of don't I want you.
Speaker 1: To finish, but I have a thought for you, But I want to hear I want to hear you finish. I find that really interesting.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, it's kind of it's kind of a weird thing. But like before the diagnosis, I never really like looked at people when I was talking to him. I never like bothered to notice like, oh, this guy's got a scar on his eyebrow, or you know, this person has a you know, like a you know, one color eye is one color and the other eyes another color. Stuff like that, you know. And now I'm kind of like finding myself like taking these sort of like mental notes and characteristics of people as I talk to them, or like, yeah, even approaching them to talk to them in the first place was something I didn't really even used to do, and now I kind of find myself like wanting to.
Speaker 3: Do it more.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, hmmm, mm hmm. That's fucking awesome. The reason why, the reason why that got me so excited is you you said, it's a small thing. That's the biggest thing, because you can't fucking go skydiving and see the Grand Canyon and have like you can't go on grand amazing adventures every hour of every day of your life. But what you're talking about just being observant, really really looking at people in the fucking face when you're talking to them, going out of your way to talk to people, just really observing and taking mental notes of the things in front of you. That's you said it was a small thing. It's the biggest thing. It's what you're doing every single day. It's what's right in front of you and you talking about actually instead of you know, dozing off or or or getting distracted, like really putting yourself into your conversations, into what you see on a day to day basis. I mean, that's that's incredible to hear.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no, totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never really big thing.
Speaker 5: I never really did that before. Yeah, totally mm hmm. So tell me, yeah, it's just the whole No, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 1: No you please.
Speaker 3: Well I was just.
Speaker 5: Gonna say, like the whole I don't know, like you said, just like the whole day, like dazing, like dozing off, not paying attention, sort of like lulling through your days without really looking at anything, Like, honest to god, I used to just like stare at my phone all the time, like riding on the bus or you know, or like walking somewhere going to work, like and now now I feel so much like even with the diagnosis, now I'm almost thankful for like having that diagnosis a little bit, or like I'm almost thankful that you know, my vision is something that wasn't going to be permanent, because I don't know if I don't know, if I don't know if like I would have ever sort of kind of woken up from that sort of lifestyle if I hadn't had something like.
Speaker 3: This in my life.
Speaker 1: That's fascinating. That's really fascinating. Man. Hmmm. So, so in moments typically when you would be looking at your phone, you know, when you're riding the bus or any sort of thing like that, are you finding yourself just looking at things?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Oh definitely. I live like even one of the most interesting like people watching places in the world, and so like I find myself just you know, I write public transportation a lot, and so I just find myself looking out the window and just watching people now so much more often, not in like any sort of weird way. I'm not staring at people or anything like that, but like I just noticed things that people do now and like, you know, just watch people kind of do their silly little tasks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's uh, I've done that shit before too, where like I go, okay, I'm I'm you know, I'm also I'm addition to my phone and I'm on and all the time, and I sometimes I go like, Okay, no, I'm just gonna sit here and uh stare at the old lady in front of me at the grocery store, look like no, like I literally, I literally I do this. I do. I know exactly what you're talking about because I've been trying to do it more where you just like you stare, You're like, what is this? What is this woman's life?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: You're like, listen to the way that she talks, you, listen to the way that the cashier responds. Think about what's what's what? What the cashier's life is? Like? You look at the lines on their faces and you're kind of it's really beautiful. It's weird. It's like you kind of we're getting we're getting into it here. But you don't have to go to the fucking Grand Canyon to see some beautiful shit. It's right in front of you. You just got to notice it and pay attention and and really try to make an effort to see it. And it's it's it's super cool to me that even though you have this this diagnosis that's a really tough thing to digest, that it's getting you more into that mindset.
Speaker 5: No, totally. I feel so much like I feel so much less like internalized with my thoughts and emotions. No, I almost feel very like outwards and like, yeah, a lot of people now.
Speaker 1: Yeah dude, ah, man, that's so cool to hear. That's so cool to hear. Yeah, that's so cool to hear.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's the big thing. So you presented this and like I I got so excited when you presented it as a small thing because I wanted to be like, no, dude, that's the big that's the fucking biggest thing. It really is. Because it's a day. It's day to Yeah, yeah, it's day to day. It's it's you know when you go when you're at your office or wherever you work at. You know, if you fucking work at an advertising agency in Phoenix, Arizona, and you go from your desk to the to the fridge in the kitchen to get a bottle of water, and you say hi to a person that you know you work with, you know, really be there when you're saying hi to them, Really look at their fucking face, Really be in that conversation, just in the in the in the day to day. It's it's it's finding this ship in the day of to day. That's that's so not key. I'm I'm I'm stoked to hear all that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: That that's that's that's really something.
Speaker 5: Hey, I appreciate it, GEK.
Speaker 1: Dude, is there anything else that you wanted to talk about or or say before we go? It's been a real pleasure talking about this stuff.
Speaker 3: Hey, Yeah, No, I.
Speaker 5: I just appreciated Gek. I've been a longtime fan of the show. I'm really surprised that I called it like that. I got in when I called in. Yeah, man, I think you're doing some amazing work here. I feel like you're probably so wise after doing so.
Speaker 4: Many of these.
Speaker 1: Now, No, I'm just a fucking guy in a Gecko costume on the Call of Duty website. But I appreciate you saying that, and you're fucking wise.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You're gonna learn a lot just being in the moment. You've inspired me, man, because I think I have. I've had some kicks where I've been really into the ship that you're describing of, like just looking up people's faces and trying to be more observant. And you know how it is when you do any self improvement thing. You get into it for a while and then you kind of slip back into your ways. But you've you've inspired me. Actually, I'm gonna I'm gonna try to take that back up.
Speaker 5: Hey man, I really appreciate that. Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Of course, thank you, gummy Worrem.
Speaker 5: I'll see you later.
Speaker 2: Done.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that was awesome. That was really great. Good for him, really really good for him. I love I love that that thing. It really it really. I'm not gonna say anything I didn't already say in that call, but it really feels like that's all there is. Right. I've always I've always felt like, if you can't, I'm just talking to myself. I'm not trying to lecture people. I'm talking to myself. And I've always thought for myself, like, man, if I can't find magnificent, awesome, spiritual beauty while I'm stone cold, sober, waiting in line at Ralph's, you know, staring at a looking at the person in front of me, or on the metro on the way to work in the morning, just looking out the window at a tree that I walk by every day. Right, if you can't find beauty wherever it is, you currently are in this very fucking moment, then you're not going to be able to find it going to some tropical, exotic location. Uh so, So I think that's really important, and I thank the caller for for bringing that up. It's a really great conversation. Hello, Hello, Hi there, Hi, what's going on? Oh?
Speaker 4: You know, just got done with the sash?
Speaker 1: Say that again.
Speaker 4: I just got done with smoking wheat.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you tried to you kind of tried to do a little cool guy thing there. Just got done with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just got done with the sash. Sorry. I I think it's the DPP adrenaline, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's somebody screaming in the bat what is so? Why is somebody screaming?
Speaker 4: That's actually my cat. His name is Arth Okay, yeah, he like yells like a man, like a human.
Speaker 1: Screaming about anything in particular. Are you.
Speaker 4: Well, I actually just got back inside, and he's just really excited.
Speaker 1: He's like you because you're high. The cat has fear of you.
Speaker 4: No, she's uh, just really wanting attention and treats right now. He's a fat, fat cat.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a loud cat. Well, so listen, Taylor, you said your name was? Or did I just bring that up, Taylor because I have a call screaming thing. Whatever, Taylor, what's going on with you? How's life? Tell me everything? Tell me nothing?
Speaker 4: So basically, I I've been I've been struggling a little bit. I had a customer at my at my job, I work at a smoke shop, so I have a lot of crackheads come in.
Speaker 1: And why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, I am one of those cool guys you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, thank you for including me in the lingo of your culture. Anyway, you had a meth person, you had somebody who was on meth. We don't need to define this person. We don't need to call them a meth head, as if you know, their whole life is a big you know, but they were on math at the time that they were in your store. Continue exactly.
Speaker 4: He asked me if I was an NPC. If you know what an NPC is, I do.
Speaker 1: Know what an NPC is. It stands for non player character.
Speaker 4: Yep, a non playable character. Yes, And it kind of messed me up, Like this happened. This happened like two months ago, and uh, it's been on my mind ever since. And like I think about it at least twice a day.
Speaker 1: M why did it mess you up? And when you're thinking about it, what kinds of thoughts are you having?
Speaker 4: I just like almost realized I am that person behind the counter for a lot of people, you know, and like, I am that person who is doing things for people all the time and like kind of move people along. But I'm kind of like staying in the same place a majority of the time, and it's just kind of like a cycle. And it's a lot of the same people too, with like the occasional new person who who is like messing up the timeline And I'm like, whoa, what is this? So I like know what I'm supposed to say with most of the people that I talk to.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's impact this. You work at a small store where a select amount of local customers, recurring local customers are the clientele, and so you find yourself in a bit of a loop where you are performing the same tasks, talking to the same people over and over and over again, and that is distressing you. Is all that accurate?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So now that you've identified that you're in this loop, what is your relationship with the loop? How do you feel about being in this loop?
Speaker 4: I have mixed feelings about it. It's like, on one hand, and I'm really happy like helping people. I love being the person who makes someone else happy and like makes their day. Like I used to be a barista. I used to get people their morning coffee. That's that's them starting their day and being a better person afterwards. You know. That's that for a lot of people. And I love doing that, and if I can like change that for someone, I would love to.
Speaker 2: But it's like.
Speaker 4: I'm just doing that consistently with the same stuff over and over again, and it kind of like it's exhausting, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you do you get a deep sense of satisfaction when you help somebody find the perfect pickle? Rickbull?
Speaker 4: Honestly, yeah, A lot of people like it's so much Rick and.
Speaker 5: Morty mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Well, in all seriousness, tell me, do you do you desire for more? You seem to be having some kind of existential crisis over the uh what is the word repetition of your life? What is there anything more in this universe with this short amount of time that you've been given on Earth that you wish to pursue what what what do? Because because you're having the sexistentral crisis, it would seem because you feel as though there's more to your routine that rhyme unintentionally, what more do you desire?
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess I'm going to school for hair, so like that's something that I kind of want to do, like maybe move up in that way. But also that's like really easy to say, and I feel like most people who do hair feel that way. That's all I ever hear anyone say. But also like I don't know, I want to make a difference somehow for a large group of people, more so than I do for just you know, the singular person out there.
Speaker 1: I have a few thoughts on that. First of all, with the hair thing, aren't you going to just get into another loop where you now work at a hair salon and you have a recurring group of clientele where instead of getting them Rick and Morty bongs, you're giving them Rick and Morty haircuts.
Speaker 4: I suppose, But at least in that way, I can form the clientele to where like if I want the people who are constantly changing, I can have the people who are constantly changing. That's more of like an art form like a hobby to me.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you this too also if I can't, you have a desire to help people on a grand scale, which I think is that's a beautiful desire. I think that's a great desire. I think that's a wonderful, compelling force and it'll take you to a lot of places if you follow that, and it'll take you to a lot of places that are fulfilling to you. But I think you should have a different sort of relationship with the scale aspect of it, right, Because you do feel as though you get a sense of satisfaction when you give somebody their morning coffee, when you help them find a piece that they really like at your smoke shop, when you give them a haircut that they are very happy with. Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: But I feel like some of them are like different forms of satisfaction. Like sometimes I'm happy to give a person their right bull because I just like want them out of the store faster. Like sometimes it is with like malicious intent, but not in a way where it's really harming anyone, I guess, you know. But like with coffee, that's a whole other story, And like with hair that's a whole other story that's like changing an entire person's life.
Speaker 1: Well, because here's the thing about about a scale is and I've kind of learned this, I've been trying to This is what I'm telling you right now so that I'm trying to learn on my own, is if you can't feel really really and it sounds like you do. So I don't know what I'm what I'm telling you here, but I think feeling really, really satisfied with helping just one person is important because if you can't feel the maximum amount of satisfaction and really really tap into the maxim amount of satisfaction that you could possibly tap into by helping one person with one fucking insignificant thing, then it doesn't matter how many people you end up helping on this so called grand scale, because it's it never is enough, do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Actually, Like for me, I I you know, I get fucking you know, I get I get emails and stuff every day of people being like the podcast has helped them, and it's it's it's an interesting thing because if I if I sit there at my email and my DM every day and I'm like what we need. Let's get more and more and more people that you know are giving me a validation that I've helped them. Then it'd never be this is never enough. Right, But if I really take the time, I read one fucking email and I'm like, if this is the only email I've and I really try to think to myself, if this is the only email I've ever gotten or ever get out of doing this, that needs to be okay, right, I need to be like this, I like, really like and because that feeling, that feeling won't just appear to you, you have to tap yourself into it. Of I am satisfied having help this one person by giving them their morning coffee, like you've got to really tap into the one singular instance of the thing or else you're not going to be satisfied by a number. You know, if one person giving them a nice haircut that they really like doesn't satisfy you, then a thousand is not gonna satisfy you. It just keeps inflating. Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: That makes a lot of sense?
Speaker 1: Okay, good?
Speaker 4: Like changing the one is it just can be Yeah, more yourself satisfying yourself more than satisfying I don't know your need to help that. I don't know that makes sense. I just can't say it again.
Speaker 1: Well okay, so well so next time, so you work, So you work at the smoke shop.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: So next time a guy comes in and he's like, I want Crusty. I want Crusty the Clown and he has his ass hanging out and I breathe the smoke through Crusty the Clown's mouth and pack the bowl into his ass. And next time that guy comes in and you're like, I have that in the back, let me get it for you, and you present it to him and he smiles at you and whatnot, and you're like, oh, I've helped this guy get the thing that he came in to get. It's a really small, insignificant thing, but you sit in the moment that you're helping him with it, and you take every last drop of satisfaction you can possibly gleam from that moment, because that's satisfaction. It won't it won't just come to you out of doing it. You have to do it, but then also mentally be there and mentally go I'm gonna fucking hitting this moment with this person as I'm helping them and get everything I possibly can out of it and lean into it. That's that's where you'll get your satisfaction.
Speaker 4: Have you been to the shop, because you're just describing some bulls that we definitely have there.
Speaker 1: I've spent a decent amount of time in various headshops. Not anymore, but when I was in high school I did. I did a lot, and I saw that accrusted the clown Actually, I mean, fuck it, I have I have a crust to the clown bowl that is exactly like that. That's not true. I completely made a lot of this up. But I hope this conversation was helpful to you, Taylor.
Speaker 4: It was. It definitely like changed my outlook on on that question, Like, I don't know how I'm going to look at how I'm helping people in the future.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I'm glad it was helpful to you, and I'm gonna take my own advice. I'm gonna think of this call as the only one I ever take for the course of my everything. Really, soak it up. Now I'm sounding potentially, but I don't care anymore.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's your life. Man. You're not an NPC.
Speaker 1: Neither are you God damn it, Taylor, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: Don't do drugs unless you're twenty one?
Speaker 1: Perfect? Thanks for calling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a good night.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hey? How you doing?
Speaker 1: Is this Sal?
Speaker 3: Yes? Is this Lyle?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yes, it is you. You as anyone ever told you that you? You totally sound like your name is.
Speaker 3: Sal Yeah, I mean it's close.
Speaker 1: Is are you Italian? I don't know if that's cool to ask.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's okay, Yeah I am, but my name is definitely not South.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, Well you picked a great fake name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks buddy for you. Man.
Speaker 1: So, how's everything going with you? It says here that you have a fart fetish that is a massive secret in your life and you've never indulged in very different.
Speaker 3: It's difficult to talk about, but I feel like I need to learn a little bit more about how to approach this, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I just feel like it's it's a difficult thing to talk about. M I mean, it's not something I'm definitely proud of, Like, I don't know, I feel weird about it, but it's.
Speaker 1: So sal listen, I have to ask you this question. Uh, it's sort of just a formality here, but you're you're being one hundred percent serious, correct you. I don't think you would fuck with me.
Speaker 3: But you check my search history, check the search history on my computer.
Speaker 1: You you watch a lot of fartard.
Speaker 3: I want to say a lot. But when I do watch porn, I do happen to go towards that category.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmmm. Okay, how long have you been into farts?
Speaker 3: See here's the thing. It's not so much farts, it's like this is where it gets weird.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm on board.
Speaker 3: It's like the forbidden fruit, Like girls don't fart, you know, and like, dude, bring it on. Like I don't know, maybe it's not even the fart. Maybe it's just like the the what would you call that, the like the you know, like the boundary line, you know, like that's where like I don't know, it's very it's very confusing to me myself.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the weather, you're explaining it that that you Uh, it's kind of a forbidden fruit thing, you know, Like you know, girls are not typically very open about flatolence about pooping. About these sorts of things, and it's it's a forbidden it's a forbidden thing. It's a very taboo thing. And for many people, uh you know, taboos can be very uh you know, exciting to explore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so here's where it also I'm sorry, No, go ahead, tell me, tell me more. No, I was just gonna say, like it's weird because like I'm not I would never kink shame anybody on the planet Earth for anything that they're they indulge in or they want indulge in. But I still hold myself to this is so weird. I hold myself to a high sterandard because I don't have a foot fetish let alone, nothing else but weird like that, but like not weird, nothing like that. But like here I am wanting to sniff a girl's ass, Like I mean, I'm demented. I gotta be.
Speaker 1: Why do you consider yourself demented?
Speaker 3: Because it's so gross, Like if you told like in my mind, I picture myself like if I told the previous girl like hey, fart in my face, Like they're just gonna look at me like what Like I'm not gonna say like the curse words, but like there's gonna be a ton of them. Like, you know, I feel embarrassed. I feel very ashamed of this, you know, and it's very tough for me to digest like that this is my kink, Like it's very it's very it's kind of frustrating, Like I'm mad at myself for liking this. But I've never experienced it, to be fair, I've never had that happen to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's boil down the shame here, Sal. You say it's gross, you say it's shameful. But but but why, Like let's let's ask, let's ask why why is it shameful for you to like farts just because a lot of other people think that it's gross.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, you nailed it. I think we circle back to that taboo part of it. It's so taboo, and it's so like not talked about. Like we just got into feat like in you know that the century, Like we just got through feet. We accepted that, you know, like it's taking a long time to get I'll probably be dead by the time like people accept that this is a fetus, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Sal, I actually think I think such a slow pace, Sal, this is a you know, Sal, in order for you to be self actualized. In order for you to really achieve happiness on your own terms, you need to transcend society. And yeah, I think you need to transcend society. I think that society has these rules. Some of them are for a good reason. You know, don't kill people, don't steal things, whatever.
Speaker 3: It is no harm. Nobody gets hurt, of course.
Speaker 1: But in this situation, you know, this is not a harmful thing that society is trying to event. This is just you. You need to transcend society's views on things and live your life for yourself sal and not get so hung up on what other people are doing. You're never gonna be happy if you're living by other people's rules. And I understand why, I understand why it's embarrassing, right, But there's so much power to be had in owning what is traditionally embarrassing, right, Because if society tries to shame you and tries to make you feel uncomfortable for liking what you like, you know you can take the power back and not and not let it, you know, now let it control you. Tell me this, Tell me this. Have you ever considered going out there trying to find or trying to or orchestrates a sexual experience that involves.
Speaker 3: Farts in that in that ballpark.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, in that ball park.
Speaker 3: So gek, let's let's get real. Yeah. I have looked into it. It's expensive because it's not something I would do to like a random grow at a bar. You understand, Like I have looked online in people in this field and it's just out of my ballpark and that that's where it is. But at the same time, I wanted to be genuine. I don't want it to be someone else that's just you know, excuse my language, but just farten in faces all day. I kind of want to be a little genuine.
Speaker 1: Okay, we sal I have another recommendation for you. Have you ever been on I mean, there's all these websites out there. Uh, I don't know any off the top of my head, but there are many, many websites for people whose sexual desires deviate from the norm who, you know, congregate together to find one another. It's never been easier actually for people with debate sexual desires to oh yeah, oh my god, I mean read it is one.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's all these dating sites where people can you know, explore their fetishes. I mean, I feel like I feel like I feel like there is still a lot of inhibition on your part that is keeping you from fully diving into this thing about yourself. And I think that you should accept it because I don't know, I'm not you know, this is an interesting thing and I'm not sure about it. I would love to talk to a real psychologist about it. But I don't know if you can make this go away. Have you talked to someone about this going anywhere? I don't know if you can just make this go away.
Speaker 3: I'm too embarrassed.
Speaker 1: I mean, why embarrassed?
Speaker 3: Uh? First, gat, I just want to thank your team that you had answered the phones, because I tried calling a couple of weeks ago about this and we had got this connected. But I had talked to one of the gentlemen that picked up the phone, and we talked about like this, and we had a good lack that that was the first time I ever opened up about it. You have no idea like this is uncomfortable for me, you know, and you have a great team. Really appreciate it. But he also told me something cool. He was like, you're not the first person calling about this. So there's other people out there with this people.
Speaker 1: Of course, there's other people. Every weird thing you could possibly think is some unique thing to you, it's everybody. You know, we all live, We all share this weird thing in our brains that causes us to like farts and you know, weird stuff fucking be depressed.
Speaker 3: And all that shit, arm pit, haairs and whatever. Yeah, whatever you got, Like, that's why you know, man, you have such an awesome thing going. Man, you have no idea how much like I appreciate you having this like open form. I appreciate that sound idea what my facebooks like, but like this feels so good to get off my chest.
Speaker 1: Like no, I don't know what it looks like, but I know that it loves itself some stinky farts. He is there, shout listen. I'll say this. I hope that you talking about this on this podcast, has you know, gotten you at least like one ring up when wrung up on the ladder to eventually either you know, embracing it or talking to someone about how it can go away. I don't know. I really like it's interesting when we're talking about like it going away, I do I don't know, to what degree humans can like change their psychology of like what they are sexually attracted to. And then I don't know what the healthy thing is if it's to pursue it or I don't. I don't know. I wish I had the answers of like off this ship from a psychologist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the scary thing is what if and then you just go, what if I'm thrown out there? What if some chick farts to my face? I fall in love with this? Now I'm into the next realm. I don't know where that goes deeper? What are they doing poop it on my chest?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Where does this go? If I like that? That's the scary part.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Well, I mean look man, look man, look, look man. If you let's let's say let's say a girl as fartag on your face, and then let's say you know that slowly becomes not enough for you. Then she's shitting in your chest, Then she's shitting in your mouth, and then she's like shitting in your ass and while you are taking a ship and your ships are like sumo wrestling each other inside of your assholes. Let's say you do get to that point what it is really so bad about that? What is really so bad about that?
Speaker 3: So nothing except the ibar it all comes You're right, get It comes down to my own insecurities, like I have to find that power, but I just don't have it. I mean, you know, like this, I'm a I like to think of myself as a pretty good guy, you know, but like you know, there were things in my past where I did drugs and this and that, like gonna, it's taking time to build my ego wop, and it's very hard to talk about this.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm clean now and I got this weird fetish. I don't know what I would want more like the drugs are the fetish, Like I don't know. I like being clean, so I'll take the fetish.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, sal If I'm tell me no, listen, here's what I think. I said this before, but I'll just say it again just to hammer it in. Sal. I think for you to really be happy, you can't be living by other people's expectations, by society's expectations. And I hope you take that to heart, and I hope that you move forward in a direction that you know is overcoming those expectations. And leads to you more living your own life.
Speaker 3: Yeak, you're an amazing Gek. You have no idea. Man, You're saving lives without even knowing it.
Speaker 1: I wish you many farts to the face. I wish you many guilt free farts to the face and shifts to the mouth and pisses to the nose if you get there, and I appreciate it, Sal, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys just called Gek. Be open with yourself, get off your chest. The guys here for real and the team's awesome too.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling Sal.
Speaker 3: Get farted on.
Speaker 1: You know, there's also Sal for every guy out there who loves getting farted on. There's a woman out there who absolutely loves farting on guys faces. And there's an alternate universe where I'm getting a call from a lady who's like, you know, hey, Gek, I have this thing where I love to fart on guy's faces, but I can't find any guys you know who I'm willing to bring it up to, Like what if, Sal, I'm gonna call this what's a what's an equally Italian name? Maria Salam. What if Maria calls me and she's like, ghak, I can't find a guy who face I can fart on. Let's say Maria and Sal they meet on Hinge, some normy dating app, and you know both Maria wants to fart on Sal's face. Sal wants Maria to fart on his face, but both of them are too embarrassed to let each other know, and so they hide it and they hide it and they never are are are true to each other and the amazing fart sex that could be never bees? Wouldn't that be tragic?
Speaker 4: The GT goes all the line taking your phone calls every night, The repeat goes down his eye.
Speaker 3: He's teaching you cloud every life, but he's not really an expert.