Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong and Gatty, and He Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: Chapotle has announced that it plans to open a restaurant in Mexico next year. Meanwhile, the Olive Garden in Italy was just burned to the ground.
Speaker 1: Is snata Basta?
Speaker 3: I mentioned taking my son to Kentucky Fried Chicken and how incredibly expensive it was the other night, and we have had some stuff on people pulling back on those kind of purchases as combination of inflation and people maxing out credit cards and consumer confidence and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: I was shocked. It's not cheap. Yeah, yeah, it's it is shocking.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking about my experience of Olive Garden is almost entirely through pop culture. I think I've eaten at them twice, but twenty five years ago was the most.
Speaker 1: Recent trip I made.
Speaker 3: Probably I don't know, quite a few times at the OG, but not not for decades.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I could be way off in what it's like. Well, in my memory of it is it was like Arby's undeserving of the never ending mockery. That was perfectly fine. I mean it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't like authentic Italian fair like you were in Tuscany.
Speaker 1: Well, if you were expecting that, you're an idiot exactly. That's what I'm thinking. It's good enough grub.
Speaker 4: If you're looking to get obese for a reasonable amount of money, they'll serve you three thousand calories and pretend it's just one meal.
Speaker 3: If you're looking to get obese for a reasonable amount of money.
Speaker 1: That's what we usually are doing back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, yeah, Oh that's you know, why didn't I save this?
Speaker 1: I was reading over.
Speaker 4: The weekend about how the GP one drugs whatever, the brand new weight loss drugs everybody's talking about how Munjaro and zep bound uh. But they're they're going to be more and more and more in common as they turn out to be like good for all sorts of different conditions really anything related to weight obviously, from sleep apnea to cancer, to heart disease to just a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 1: Wow. Also some surprising things.
Speaker 4: Seem to be responding to it because because they reduce inflammation.
Speaker 3: Well, viager it was a blood pressure medicine, so that's you know, these are the way things can work with these medicines.
Speaker 1: But that would be something.
Speaker 3: So it's all about whether the insurance company covers it, right, because it's pretty damned expensive. But if the insurance company thinks I gotta buy your seapack machine and treat your for sleep apnear or replace a knee or whatever, it is, all the different things that could cost or I can pay for this drug.
Speaker 1: I wonder if I wonder if like it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: It's actually a lovely little listicle. You're right, because all of the thing's directly affected by weight, including a joint replacement.
Speaker 1: I wonder if like eighty percent of us are going to be on you know, some dosage of that soon. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well I got fat as hell over the weekend by my standards. Yes, so nice job I was. I was really particularly receptive to that article. Yeah, just ate like a hog back. I got on the scale yesterday. I was like, wait, what.
Speaker 3: That's what's always funny to me is when there's the it's like spending. It's like when I feel like I've been buying a lot lately, then you look at your credit card bill.
Speaker 1: Nah, there's a cost effect. The same thing with the weight.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, I like I I often feel like I'm slipping it past my body, or like sneaking it in there and my body won't notice, or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's all hilarious the way the mind does that.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, it's late at night, maybe my body didn't notice me eat that or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But then you get on a scale, think, yeah, I crap all week and guess what I'm up a couple of pounds.
Speaker 4: Are you watching me eat a slice of lemon merangue pie at eleven o'clock at night Saturday night?
Speaker 1: Nice job, lemon meringue. Yes, my love, lemon coming up. Woman gets married.
Speaker 3: At the reception, everybody's saying, jeez, where's your uh, where's your new husband?
Speaker 1: He takes off. Wow, she doesn't see him for months. Good stories?
Speaker 4: Wow, Wow, this is not a good story. Can I just say it out loud? The big beautiful bill is terrible. It's it's a it's a I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, it's a horrible, horrendous.
Speaker 3: You apparently did not watch Mike Johnson Speaker of the House on whichever show I was watching.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was a.
Speaker 3: Shannon Breem on Fox First She had ran Paul on bad Mouth and the bill and saying this is absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Then she had Mike Johnson on the Speaker of the House saying, look, Rand and I are both fiscal conservatives. This is good for the country. I'm a fyscal conservative to my bones, said Mike Johnson.
Speaker 1: And I thought, Doki, I.
Speaker 4: Will absolutely grant him, because he is a skilled cat herder. To get this passed at all was quite the act of of you know, legislative whatever he does. But it's it's it's a horror. Oh that's right. I was gonna I will grant him that this is as good as he can get. Yes, is as good as the fiscal conservatives can get.
Speaker 3: I think that's what he was leaving out of the conversation. It would be I am a physcal conservative to my bones. This is fiscally as conservative a thing we can get through. And I hate it, but it's the best we can do. So what would you like?
Speaker 1: Right? Right?
Speaker 4: I just I think it's important for the American people, including ourselves, to recognize whether it is raining or our legs are being peed upon, which is back to the freak off. Really, too many references to that sort of thing in a single show today, if you've been listening the whole show, and I apologize.
Speaker 1: I really really do.
Speaker 4: It shouldn't come up once an hour, But understand whether what Mike Johnson said, and he's still in the sales part of the sales process because the Senate's going to weigh in with their version of it, then the real work begins. And so I get why he would say what he's saying, but I don't want anybody to believe it.
Speaker 3: Well, Ramza know there are at least a couple of no's and they can only lose two or three. I think corninsa known in Texas, and so then it goes back to the house. Whatever do they take out of it? Well, I know you're about to get into the details. But one thing that happens in all these bills that they pointed out on the I think the National Review podcast the other day, they always put the spending is always the beginning. The paying for it is always like ten years later, and that part never happens. The rice gets changed by a different you know, the Congress or president right right, And there's plenty to say about this, the fiscal incontinence I'm gonna quote Gerard Baker now from Wall Street Journal that will see the addition of three trillion dollars to the government's thirty six trillion dollars in the next ten years.
Speaker 1: It grows the deficit.
Speaker 4: The failure to produce anything more than a cosmetic reversal of the spending extravaganza over the past five years, with cuts of less than two percent of the projected outlays over the next decade. He also mentions there's the recomplexification of the tax code that the twenty seventeen Tax Cut Act had admirably simplified. There's a smorgas board of new deductions and exemptions that in the quadrupling of the state and local tax deduction, the infamoussault deduction absolutely terrible and like the one of the most egregious parts to me. And I'm not going to drawn on on about this because it's not in its final form yet. I just want people to know is that the very very modest cuts to Medicare, and remember Medicare is the one that was supposed to be for the very poorest and most needy Americans, that disabled, the blind, the extremely poor, poverty stricken woman and her baby. It now covers like forty percent of Americans, including millions of able bodied young men who just don't want to work. I mean, it's it's it's a it's giveaways to freeloader, lazy bastards, lazy bad lbs. Anyway, the cuts, the incredibly modest cuts to it phase in in like the year twenty thirty or something like that, what at twenty twenty eight, maybe three years from now, and those will be rescinded.
Speaker 1: It won't happen the.
Speaker 4: Best the Republican Party, with both houses in the White House can do.
Speaker 1: God help us. And these bills.
Speaker 3: Always, if there is any savings, you have to pay attention because the spending happens immediately. The cutting happens at the end. And as we've pointed out, the cutting always gets cut by the time you get there by a different president or Congress.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 3: So that's enough of that, But I want to hit you this go ahead on that topic, because I got Rand boiled this down pretty simply. He said that this should be said. All the time, we take in about five trillion a year, we spend seven trillion a year. You can't keep that up. That's one sentence that should be said every day, all day.
Speaker 4: Yes, I agree, one hundred percent, But I feel like I'm standing there telling my neighbor, Hey, if you drive a nail into your hand, it's really gonna hurt.
Speaker 1: Whatnot.
Speaker 4: And he's now driven seventeen nails into his hands, feet, and arms and legs, and he's got another one out.
Speaker 1: What am I gonna say? He don't drive that nail into your hand. It's really going to hurt.
Speaker 4: We can't spend more than we're taking in Lai da, I just please. The world has gone mad. The most basic realities are no longer discussed. I'm done good, I am too. I thought this was speaking of and of speaking of the Wall Street Journal. Do we have time for this? We really don't, Andy Kessler. He's talking about how ridiculous the FAA's technology is.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about that, and everybody's talking about it.
Speaker 4: Fum discs, they're exactly and their plan to fix it.
Speaker 1: And I love this.
Speaker 4: The FAA has been working on a modernized next gen air traffic control system conceived in two thousand and three that's set out to roll out.
Speaker 1: Set the rollout in twenty twenty five. Oops.
Speaker 4: Check that twenty thirty, but really more like twenty forty. And then he describes how the FAA tracks and manages more than forty five thousand flights every day, almost three million passengers every day, with analog two D strips of paper. And the exciting new update is gonna like turn those strips of paper into essentially a strip of paper on a video screen, right, and that's like the big update. Well, he points out almost all commercial and many private planes already broadcast their GPS location, direction and speed via something called Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast ad ADSB.
Speaker 1: Why not harness that data? This is? This is so cool.
Speaker 4: I recently saw a video of a passenger playing the three D multiplayer video game Fortnite on a Qatar Airways jet equipped with starlink. That's better technology than pilots or controllers have.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's the solution.
Speaker 4: Retrofit these three D worlds with live GPS data to track aircraft with realistic visuals.
Speaker 1: How big a job is this?
Speaker 4: And they go into how the FAA system outage grounded more than eleven thousand US flights the other day. Fortnite's Battle Royale typically has around one hundred and seventy thousand concurrent players with a peak of around three million people playing at once. Running on Amazon Web services, it can handle ninety two million events a minute. Beyond flight details, it could track every passenger's drink order. You would have a three D world of where every plane is at every second digitally, and just hire some tech bros. Have Elon Musk headed up because to get tech bros, they got to be excited about it.
Speaker 1: They're not going to sign up for government drudgery.
Speaker 4: I bet with the right data feed, the doge bros could track every US flight in three dimensions and in living color this year and with weather.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right. That's funny.
Speaker 3: When you compare it to the technology of Fortnite or a Nintendo switch, it's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's going to take somebody who just doesn't give a crap about what is And that's Trump's greatest strength. He's like, I don't care if this has been going on for thirty years, it's stupid. We're changing it.
Speaker 3: Maybe the only thing worse than being left at the altar would be being left right after the altar.
Speaker 1: Weird development than that marriage. Stay tuned, Hetty President Trump.
Speaker 5: He is keeping the pressure up on Apple, warning that they'll get hit with twenty five percent tariffs if they don't make the iPhone here in the US, something that analysts say is unrealistic.
Speaker 1: I I'm not going to talk about this. This is uh.
Speaker 3: I just played that so I could mention. I don't know where we are on tariffs now. I saw some of the headlines. We're off for four days over he had punted for another couple of months, some tariffs that I'm not paying any attention.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I don't know. If you run a business, how you plan. That's got to be difficult. Yeah, it's really tough.
Speaker 3: So back when we used to do this kind of talk radio show, we would do topics like, you know, did you get married and want to pull the plug? Or did you pull the plug right at the altar? That that sort of thing. When do you pull the plug if you think it's a bad idea, probably sooner the.
Speaker 1: Better, yes, But if you know it's bad.
Speaker 3: That's the problem, do you know, versus just the cold feet that can happen with you know, do I really want to take this job? I mean it's got all the positives, but on you know, just you know, the doubt that that can sink in buying a car.
Speaker 1: First big fight. I knew this was a mistake. No, it's not. You're both human. You had to fight. It's fine.
Speaker 3: So and I've known a few people that got divorced that knew when they're getting married it was a bad idea and still did it because you just get on the momentum train. And once the tuxes are rented in, the honeymoon's booked, and Uncle Ed's flying in from Florida, that's a hard time to pull the plug. But god, it's easier than later, trust me. But this one had I don't think i'd ever heard this one. Before they get married, they've been dating for six years, because that was going to be your first question. That was one of my first questions, like how long did you know you they'd been dating for six years. Everything was great, They get married, ceremony is good, they do the pictures. That goes really good. He's in a really good mood. They do all the photos. Then she doesn't see him again, like he doesn't do the dance part or the meal part, and everybody's asking where he is, and it becomes really weird, really really fast. She didn't hear from him four months now.
Speaker 4: During the wedding day slash night, she had to be panic stricken. Did he have a heart attack and he's lying dead in the bushes? Was he abducted?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 3: She doesn't say that. But anyway, everything was going good, you know, yeah, you would. I don't know what I would think. I think I would first thought would be they freaked out, But I don't know, just maybe because I've done so many of these stories in my life, radio stories.
Speaker 4: Are you nnoft? To quote the great old brother? Where aren't they.
Speaker 1: Run off? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Anyway, she found out a couple of months later, and I wish there were more details of this story. He just disappeared and had to cancel the honeymoon, very embarrassing. Family and friends kept asking where the husband was. She just kept saying, I don't know, not here.
Speaker 1: That's really the operative answer.
Speaker 3: Turns out he yet another chick. Oh he went that far through it, past the pictures. He didn't even pull the plug prior to the pictures until after the photos.
Speaker 1: Before he decided, Nah, I like the other one better. What the hell? Yeah, that's some weird.
Speaker 4: I'd hate to awe fair in love and war, except that, oh it's not fair.
Speaker 3: God, the emotional turmoil of that on both ends, but even his end, like what dude, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: So I haven't heard this yet, this is a uh. They took a moment before a w NBA game the other night.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for taking a.
Speaker 6: Minute to honor the life and George Floyd. George was a father, a brother, and his son, and his life, like every life called meeting, his dead exposed the holes that are son our justice in criminal institutions today, and his five year anniversary reminds us of every one that gets criminal, racial, and social injustices.
Speaker 3: All Right, take a moment to honor the death of George Floyd, father, husband, son, lifelong criminal, drug addicts who fought the cops. I mean, you don't get to kill a guy for that, don't get to kneel on his neck and kill him.
Speaker 1: But it just seems like an odd choice to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we know drug induced whatever it is, delirium blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: You're right, that was part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, the turning him into a hero and building statues and like memorial walls and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 3: God, I saw a list. I gotta dig that up. I have it on my phone somewhere over the weekend. It had to do with the why we don't believe median narratives anymore? But that had a list of them, hands up, don't shoot. Never happened. Yeah, Trump colluding Withrussia never happened. There was a list of them. Yeah, And it was like, yeah, when.
Speaker 4: You're reminded by looking at the actual list, because these things fade from our memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did the media's trust level get so low? Yeah, it's obvious.
Speaker 3: Oh and an earlier Fox we haven't talked about this today, the whole Jake Tapper book, and he's done a bunch of more interviews, and that topic continues of the.
Speaker 1: Media cover up.
Speaker 3: It's kind of shifted more toward the amazing White House that we were living with that the media should have told us about, where you had like five people controlling everything in the White House.
Speaker 1: And the President wasn't one of them. That's the key.
Speaker 3: Well, as one of the sources told Alec Thompson on Shannon Breems Show Sunday, he was like one of the five or six that were running the White House when he was capable.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 3: And one of the people told Alec Thompson, he's the other one that wrote the book, not Jake. Tapper told him that, look, the only thing worse than this is Trump being president. They justified their actions with the idea that if they didn't protect Biden, Biden would lose and Trump would end up president.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember one of the sources said he was like a senior member of the Board of Directors Biden was.
Speaker 1: He wasn't the CEO, he wasn't the CFO or the COO. He was like an important member of the board.
Speaker 3: So you have cabinet, a cabinet at least one cabinet member that told Tapper and Thompson that they didn't think Biden was up for a two am emergency. Sure, many days you can't justify that with you think Trump is hitler. You can't have a president of the United States. And by the way, if Biden, if you had twenty fifth Amendment, Biden, Trump doesn't become president, Kamala becomes president. But maybe he thought Kamala is worse at two am. So that's where it gets scary. They thought, we're better off controlling this ourselves than having Biden stepped down and Kamala airsby president. So now you're just usurping power. It's practically a coup.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was just gonna say, the only saving grace that these people had is that something truly horrific didn't happen, because if that were laid bare, that they thought, hey, we're the president's advisors. Now the president isn't around. Look, we'll just advise each other and we'll run the show.
Speaker 3: I meant to grab this audio because some of the stuff Alec Thompson said was horrifying.
Speaker 1: I'm still reading the book.
Speaker 3: I gotta make my way through to it, and I will say, even with everything we know, there are revelations on practically each page that are interesting.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting book.
Speaker 3: But Alec Thompson said, one of those advisors told him, hey, because he pushed back on the idea that you.
Speaker 1: Guys are running, we're running the White House.
Speaker 3: When people thought Joe Biden, in one of the the pullet Bewer Bureau they call him in the book, the Five running the White House, said well, when you vote for a president, you're voting for his advisors. Everybody knows that that.
Speaker 1: Is not true. Well, that is true, but it's all right.
Speaker 3: He's gonna have advice that he listens to and then makes his own decisions. If the guy's brain doesn't work, he's not making the decisions based on input from his advisors. You were making the decisions. We didn't vote for that, right, That's well, that's how you end up in really bad places, you know. Can you Andrew imagine if China had moved on Taiwan on one of the days where Biden's standing around with his mouth hanging open, and Jake Sullivan and well, Jake, I don't think Jake Sullivan.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if he's one of the five. You know, yeah, I thought, well, you read the book.
Speaker 4: He was listed in the description I saw with with blancoln But I don't know.
Speaker 3: If it's Zince science science, then you got and I'm not good with these names. Off the top of my head, it'll pop into my head, the other guy, and then missus Biden, doctor Jill's guy who's turned out to be quite evil.
Speaker 1: But those people, those people.
Speaker 3: Were going to decide how we respond to China invading Taiwan because Biden's standing there with his mouth hanging open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's horrifying. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: So Andrew Styles in the Free Beacon, who's just great, what a great writer he is that.
Speaker 1: If you know, he's I want to be him when I grew up.
Speaker 4: He digs into the whole the media, saying, in fact, his theme is trying to claim at this point that you were just fooled by the clever.
Speaker 1: Dishonest White House the media.
Speaker 4: Look at how they fooled us with their lying and the rest of it, and it does mention, as you pointed out last week, whenever it is is that.
Speaker 1: Their defense is that while we were.
Speaker 4: To I'm sorry, I lost my train of thought, but the idea that yeah, we had, we didn't have the inside sources, we couldn't tell, and they lied to us. Our sources lied to us, and that's our defense. Well, Styles digs into that. Meanwhile, the reporters who failed to expose the scandal when the stakes were higher are generally portrayed as sympathetic, well meaning professionals with poor bull s detectors. Many reporters took the White House denials at face value. The author's right and Styles, and finally getting to what needs to be said or asked, says, yeah, we know, but why our journalists just lazy and competent? Was there some other? So many of them were willing to parrot democratic talking points that defied credulity and Alex Thompson explained while promoting the book that even the people orchestrating the cover up were shocked at how easy it was to manipulate the self appointed guardians of democracy. We are sort of amazed at some of the stuff we were able to spend reporters on this source said, you guys should not have believed us so easily.
Speaker 1: But that quote is not in the book, right.
Speaker 4: They're saying that now, and Styles writes that should have been the opening line in the book.
Speaker 1: Correct. Correct, the book is about the media. It just doesn't know that.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. Over the weekend, Jake Tapper told British guy, popped out of my head. It'll pop back into my head. Yeah, Piers Morgan, here's Morgan. He told Piers Morgan. He thinks this is bigger than Watergate. Of course he's selling a book puts more money in his pocket. If you believe it's bigger than Watergate, So you think it's bigger than Watergate. It was going on while you had connections that could let you know this was happening, and you kept it a secret.
Speaker 4: Now Woodward and Bernstein in this situation were denying that there was a break in, right, and that Nixon had anything to do with it.
Speaker 1: So it was driving me crazy.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I was listening to the Dispatch podcast, which I really like, and Jonah Goldberg was making an argument I've seen some places.
Speaker 1: Look, you don't get to have it both ways.
Speaker 3: You can't say everybody knew and the media is all powerful. So the all powerful media was not telling us this yet everybody figured it out, and two thirds of Americans you don't get.
Speaker 1: To have it. And I think that's a crazy way to look at this.
Speaker 3: It's insane. No, it's it's you're making your own case. Two thirds of Americans knew what was actually going on, while the media told them they were wrong. You don't think that's a big story, right, that's a huge story.
Speaker 4: Well, who claimed that the media is all powerful? They have a large influence. But it was a straw man.
Speaker 3: Well, what's you Well, I don't know what's your argument on the other side, So we shouldn't have a media. You're in the media. You don't think it matters what the media says. Is that what you're just saying telling me, well.
Speaker 4: That's an idiotic argument by a really bright guy. Jonas lost his mind. Okay, so you've got I don't know, roughly a third of America that did believe the media. Those poll numbers you're talking about, No, and he said nobody believed that. No, the numbers are known. You don't have to characterize them. That broadly, roughly two thirds of America America thought he no longer had the mental capacity. About eighty percent thought he was too old, whatever that means.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so.
Speaker 4: There were twenty to thirty percent who believed the media, then there is probably twenty percent that had the gut feeling that something was wrong. But well, Scott Pelley and all these other media people and Jake Tapper telling me that it is okay, So I guess it's okay.
Speaker 3: So right, so those numbers could have been driven up to what kind of reminds me of Watergate. Is a guy who's ridden read a lot about Watergate even though it happened while I was alive.
Speaker 1: I was a little kid.
Speaker 3: The poll numbers for Nixon were pretty strong up to the end, when then it just become became completely outed. They found out about the taping system and they're erasing the tapes and everything like that. It's because woodwork and the damning stayed on it. So yeah, in the dam burst. So this is what would have happened. If the media pursued this at all, it would have gone from two thirds of America thinking he's told to be president to everybody thinking he had to step down now, which would be one of the biggest stories in our nation's history.
Speaker 1: You don't think that's worth pursuing, or.
Speaker 3: You don't think the media should be ashamed of itself because they didn't do that.
Speaker 1: That's a weak ass argument.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if the media hadn't been doing that, Jonah, the sentiment that Biden had to go now would have gone from follow me now underwhelming to overwhelming.
Speaker 1: Not all or nothing as he was phrasing it.
Speaker 3: It's the biggest failure of media in our nation's history, without a doubt, and they and they deserve a tremendous amount of blame and they'll be paying the price for it. Well, for the rest of my life for longer.
Speaker 4: I haven't gotten into much of the how afraid everybody was of Jill Biden. Yeah, and Anthony Bernall Bernal, one person of the book, described as the worst person they had ever met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 3: So they had Jake Tapper had a quote in there from Joe Biden saying at one point, and I remember us covering this, Joe Biden saying, this is my word is a Biden one rule we got around here. I hear anybody talk down to anybody, yell at anybody, bad mouth anybody, They're gone.
Speaker 1: Now we do not allow that in the White House.
Speaker 3: So Jake Tapper's got that quote in the book, along with the information that Bernal, who is doctor Jill's guy, would scream it people all the time and everybody hated him. Multiple people said he was the worst person they ever met. Don't let him come to my funeral, that sort of stuff, because he was so mean to them. Well, Joe Biden saying, if anybody talks down to anybody other than you know, my wife's guy, who yells at everybody, to keep this all a secret. Wow, they are one of the more corrupt off the rails administrations in our entire country's history. Now, I'm not sure how many people are waking up to that yet.
Speaker 4: And then finally, Styles mentions another motivating factor was the general agreement among party elites that Kamala Harris, the most likely alternative, was even less capable than a walking corpse.
Speaker 3: I hate the term perfect storm, but you do have a lot of elements coming together. The hatred of Trump, the lack of trust in Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all at the same time. Okay, we'll finish strong. Next, let us.
Speaker 7: Rededicate ourselves to God and country, to our great republic two hundred and forty nine years on. We stand on the shoulders of great men, and on the shoulders of those great men in those graves, and may we live worthy of it.
Speaker 2: The families who have lost a son, a daughter, a husband, or a wife. To every child here who misses your dad or your mom, know that your loved one to us is a hero.
Speaker 7: They gave everything and we owe them everything and much much more.
Speaker 3: That was uh sec def Hegzeth, followed by Marine jd Vance and bone spurs.
Speaker 1: Trump. I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. Wow, I couldn't know. Wow, who is that for?
Speaker 4: Anyway, there's some beautiful words though spoken there at the Tomb of the Unknown. Yeah, in Washington, d C. It's fabulous. So this almost sounds like an opening to a joke. But Geene Simmons and Kiss of Kiss and a one hundred year old World War Two veteran walk into a bar. They didn't actually walk into a bar. They were together at an event in Washington, D C.
Speaker 1: What's that list again?
Speaker 4: Gene Simmons of Kiss and a one hundred year old World War two veteran. Wow, And the reason they were together is that Hal Urban, wearing the same dress wool jacket that he wore after liberating a concentration camp eighty years ago, met Gene Simmons who wanted to thank him because Gene Simmons' mom was liberated from that concentration camp.
Speaker 1: Wow, did not know that.
Speaker 4: And the famous rocker who is actually a brilliant and very brilliant thoughtful guy. Not thoughtful like he'll give you flowers on your birthday, but he thinks a lot. He said to the guy and thanking him, I would not exist, my children would not exist, millions of people would not exist except for the heroism of the troops who defeated the Nazis and liberated the camps.
Speaker 3: And we had quite zero chance of rock and rolling all night and partying all day.
Speaker 1: Well right, every day.
Speaker 4: But his mother was in the concentration camp as from age fourteen to nineteen.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was really quite a beautiful thing, nice event. This guy was wounded at the Battle of the Bulge and still bleeding occasionally from his shrapnel wound when he went back to work in battle manning a fifty caliber machine gun.
Speaker 1: I got something good to say on that, but we don't have time. Unfortunately.
Speaker 3: As I mentioned earlier, my son and the boy Scouts. He and his Scout troop planted little flags at the cemetery yesterday before the big Memorial Day ceremony. Did they do every Memorial Day? I get Yes, I had never been before with a band and singers and speeches and stuff.
Speaker 1: It was really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this guy's gonna be one hundred and one in July. He still has nightmares about the things he saw liberating in the concentration camps.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Chick Kiss, Tom Sta, Jack and Joe live God go. And if they don't give candalpbacks in.
Speaker 3: My for an overused expression, and I gotta believe that guy did not have on his bagical card hanging out with Gene Simmons of Kiss in nineteen seventy seven. You know my final thought, I'm gonna lead It was actually he said, he's the one who sticks his tongue out, not really my music. I like bing Crosby and Laurisville as you should, sir. Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. Let's begin with Michael Angelo. Michael final thought.
Speaker 6: You know, the most troubling thing that I thought of today was the only fans women that are now texting guys that are watching him.
Speaker 4: I just thought that's gonna be a relationship killer. Oh yeah, yeah, the few that remained. Katie Green is off this week. Jack a final thought for us.
Speaker 3: I was just watching a video of my brother in his military fatigues. My brother, who served in a couple of wars, him and another guy tasing each other to see what would feel like.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't part of training. This was just the having fun.
Speaker 4: This is freelance dasy, Yes exactly. Wow, Wow, Wow, I've already given my my final thought. But you know, thanks to the veterans, and God blessed the families of those who've lost in wars throughout I never did tell about my great.
Speaker 1: Visit to the fort. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, Armstrong and getdy. Wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 4: Like to do something historical every Memorial Day weekend. So many people, thanks a little time. Good to armstrong Yeddy dot com got some great hot lengths. Therefore you drop us not there's something we ought to be talking about. Sending along mail bag at Armstrongygeddy dot com.
Speaker 3: Did something historical. I did something hysterical. Me attempting to grill on Memorial Day did not go well.
Speaker 1: See tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and gatchy. It's Oliver. We need to adapt our approach. Who do gissy. I hope you'll stand up and stop this madness. You kind of damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: My point was mad.
Speaker 3: That's the Also, there's a hole in the sky where a tree you once stood. Somebody's making money on your feet there.
Speaker 1: Your time has expired. They very much armstrong and getty