Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, that's a slide. Hey hey, hey, we're back.
Speaker 2: We're black, We're brown and be shine.
Speaker 1: It's sunshiny today, Mandy. How are you? It is?
Speaker 3: And you know what, I definitely am taking advantage of it because sunshine is just so, it's just you need it for the soul. Right now, it is what I feel like. And if you live in parts of the country that don't get tons of sunshine, I don't want to hear if you live in California, or like one of my friends, you sought refuge in California because you're smart like that. Yeah, it's been so dreary here so and I saw the rest of the weather for the week is going to be icky. So we definitely took the baby outside and had lunch outside and soaked it up. Probably gonna take a walk later if it feels up to it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, there's nothing like some sunshine. You definitely put a little pep in my step.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yay, I googled it. You only need ten to thirty minutes. For those of you whose mind is like, how much vitamin D do you get by being outside? Because I'm always being told by doctors that I don't have enough of it and it's ten to thirty minutes of exposure a day per day, like if you do yeah, so the hold this is the internet, but it was a top result on Google. Okay, ten to thirty minutes several times per week. And you know, they when you have a baby in your breastfeeding, they give you their like, oh, you need to get vitamin D supplements right after they finished telling you how amazing breastfeeding it is and how the milk is just like the bus, it's all the baby needs, blah blah blah. And they're like, oh, yeah, go to CBS and spend fifteen dollars on this tiny little bottle of vitamin D that's absolutely going to spill and you're going to have to repurchase it for fifteen more dollars out of your pocket. And you know, make your baby sucked that down once in a while so that they don't get rickets. Yeah, it's real, real, it's real fun. So today I was like, her baby, sit in the sun, save your mama some money. It's beautiful. You need, Like I feel like I'm grasping onto any little positive silver linings these days. Yes, what are you doing too to help with the quarantine. Is there is there like a syndrome yet the quarantine queezies or like a right, I.
Speaker 2: Got the quarantina? What am I doing to help with quarantina? I feel like I'm working too much, as per yous, But I finally took your vice member. I don't know if we talked about it on air how I was afraid to call my IVF doctor.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, I'm glad to hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, So for those of you who don't, I don't remember because Mandy and I talked about it, like you know, off air, but I think I mentioned on air I was afraid to call, and I guess I was afraid because I didn't.
Speaker 1: I was afraid of the unknown, Like what if she says, what does this happen? What if I can't?
Speaker 2: You know, I had only really taken a month off. I'd gotten scar removal surgery, like I don't even remember, like the twenty thousandth time, like in January, and then when I came back in like February, it was like, yeah, you you doing this perfect. Finally we are ready to start, you know. And so basically what happens is you wait for your period and then you start the process. It's all based upon your hormones, that your period, like let you know it's happening. So then March happened, it was like, ugh, I'm not going in. No one's going anywhere, right, And so I didn't call because of my nervousness, and so you told me, but it took me weeks to finally call. So I called maybe like two weeks ago, and turns out they weren't taking anyone in during March because they were trying to figure out what do we do? You know, So I was like, oh my gosh, Okay, so it's not like I felt like, oh my gosh, I messed up. Maybe I missed a month, and no, they were like we weren't, girl, nobody, and even now because usually when you go there, you know people are sitting in the waiting room and things like that. They're actually only taking people case by case that you have to Actually on Friday and in a couple of days, I sit down with the doctor via you know, video tele a call and it's by case by case basis. So I'm assuming she's going to be like yes girl, because she's already like like yesterday and we need to be on it with you. But I'm assuming, like, let's just say I was like twenty five and newly married and we've been trying for two years but for some reason, because you have to try for at least two years if you're a certain age, but for some reason, I haven't gotten pregnant yet. So we're going to do IVF because it's included in my insurance SIS that SIS can wait, but me forty with eggs that have gone bad faster than what a normal forty year old should, that I can't wait. So I'm assuming she's going to be on Friday, Like, yes, Tiffany, you are one of the handful of people or however many that they're taking because they're only going to allow basically you and the office at a time.
Speaker 3: So oh that's great.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: So I have a call with her on She was on vacation, so I had the call with her on Friday.
Speaker 1: So I was like, I felt like, Yay, I conquered this thing that I was afraid of.
Speaker 2: I made a call and it was just in time, because imagine if I would have waited another month, Mandy, and they were like, oh, Tiffany, we.
Speaker 1: Didn't hear from you.
Speaker 2: So we had maybe let's just say we're only taking twenty people, and we already took our twenty you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well it's you know, it's the unknown, and it's that I just could tell it was weighing on you. Yeah, and I mean very different situations. Obviously this is a big deal, bigger deal for you. But when I was trying to figure out if we should have the nanny that we'd already hired start working for us, and it was a day before and I was talking to my it was a day it was the friday before she was supposed to start, and I was talking to my therapist and I was agonizing over am I doing the right thing having this woman still come And this was, you know, way back in early March. And she was like, listen, you take the decision out of your hand. Just call the doctor, call your pediatrician, let them decide. And I was like, that's a stroke of genius. You justified all these kopas, girl. Yeah, because you know it's it does we put pressure in ourselves to make the right decisions. And I think calling a mental health professional or calling a professional medical professional like those IVF doctors they know what's safe and anyway, I'm glad you did it.
Speaker 1: Girl, And now I felt so much better. I was like Mandy was right. It wasn't even my decision.
Speaker 2: And you know, all this time of stressing, of being like I'm not going in girl, you wouldn't have to go on in anyway because they're not taking anyone. And they would have said, right now, we're trying to figure it out. And I could have wosat it to me. One of the things, like I don't want to call it a character flaw, but definitely one of the things I have always had an issue with that I am actively working on is what I call the hard conversation. Like I am the ultimate avoid what I'm afraid of a conversation. I can avoid it for years. But it's something I'm really like actively working on, especially this year of like taking the bandit off, because I will tell myself, oh my gosh, but if we talk about it, then they're gonna be mad, and then then they're mad, then we're not gonna be friends. If we're not friends, then what about this? And I will have built this whole thing in my head and it's it's something that I really would to work on because it's caused. It's one of the few things in my life that actually cause a stress. Like when it comes to business stuff, like one of my team members could call me right now, I'd be like, oh, the budget NEETs down, and I'd be like, okay, well call.
Speaker 1: WordPress or whatever. I wouldn't. That doesn't stress me out.
Speaker 2: Business stuff up and down, left and right, no, okay, But interpersonal someone being upset with me or maybe me hearing something that's not going to be good news or that will like send me into a tizzy. So I'm really trying to work on managing the emotional part of that so I can push through because it's rarely ever as bad as I think. I don't even know if it's ever been as bad as I think. And I'm like, Timm and Day, I need you to get over this because you give yourself anxiety unnecessarily.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean if you need a little bit, well, you know, we're very different in that way. I'm like, if there's a red button, I'm that kid in the elevator who's like, push that button, see what happens, and it happens. It's always me my siblings, you know, every like family get together, especially during the live election season. The last presidential election season, which I'm sure for lots of us was just like super just really difficult to endure any family gatherings anyway. My filing's like Mandy, Mandy, Mandy, and I'm just like, Okay, I'm gonna be good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be good.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be good, and then I just can't help myself, but I do. I mean, it's a good it's definitely a good trade. It's like when there is a confrontation to be had, I'm not afraid to have that conversation. It's very difficult that when the other person isn't ready yet, and I've had to learn maybe I'm ready to have the difficult conversation, but I need to also give the other person time to get ready. So that's what am I talking about?
Speaker 2: Like what do you tell yourself? Because I'm trying to figure out what is it? Like are you just not afraid? Is it not something that you tell yourself? Like I'm just you know what I mean, I'm trying to figure out, like what is that internal thing that I can help to turn on in me?
Speaker 1: Is it a muscle I can exercise.
Speaker 3: I think it's because I'm internal. I like to have a bit of the upper hand and like I like to sort of come from a place of power. And this has been me my control freak side. But when I'm the first one to bring something up, it sort of makes it feel like I can. I can, I can lead the conversation. At least it's happening on my terms, you know. And also you know, when it comes to the kind of difficult conversations you have to have in work, like letting someone go, giving someone a bad performance review, telling someone that you know they need better hygiene. I've I All I tell myself is no one else is going to do it. You the boss. This is your job. Suck it up. This is what it is, and you've got to do it in a careful way. And when it comes to, you know, tough conversations with people I love, like friends and family, I try and tell myself this is not going to be forever. Like the sooner you do this, the sooner the air is cleared, the sooner you can sleep better, and the sooner you can get over this and move on. And I mean, don't get me wrong, I've I've definitely held grudges, but I think the older I get, the more I'm like, let's just you know, let's just get let's just get you know, if we need to address this, let's address it and then get on over it. Because I it's those feelings of anxiety and stuff like, there's all there's so much other stuff to worry about it, and and I just feel like, let's build the bridge and get over things. But I need your help to build it. So let's sit down and talk about it, you know. Okay, I guess that's sort of the internal dialogue that I have with your therapist. Okay, how I do it and tell you how? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's good cause I'm just like, you know, because in my mind, I'm just like, I don't know. I guess in my well, no, I do know. My friend is like, you're an adult, you do know. We say I don't know, and we don't want to say. But it's just like I almost like, the sooner we talk about it, the sooner I hear.
Speaker 1: The bad news.
Speaker 2: That's what runs in my head, like at least if I don't say, then it's not for sure bad, it's maybe bad.
Speaker 1: But if I say then it's for sure bad.
Speaker 2: That's what I tell myself, even though I know I'm like Tiffany as an adult, g are.
Speaker 1: You growing girl? You forty?
Speaker 2: You know that it really ever as bad as you think. I'm like, yeah, but maybe this is the one time out of the forty years it is as bad as I think, so I will push it off another day.
Speaker 3: That's true. I think it's also the thing where it's almost like when you leave a conversation and you go home and you're analyzing every word you said, and you're criticizing yourself. The other person's very rarely doing that. And I think it's like we have this tendency to think the worst, and I do too. And my husband calls me out for this. I will make because he's a very restrained speaker and I'm not. And he has so many thoughts inside of his brain and he doesn't always articulate them, so I'll do it for him. I'm a writer, right, so I just make up whole conversations in mind. I make up whole thought bubbles for him. Here's what he's thinking, you know. And that hurts me because I'm getting myself worked up and he's over there thinking about I don't know what he had for lunch or something like that, and I think I've talked about this before. I've also like, for example, I was in a group text and I thought that I sounded like a douche because I was like bragg I thought I sounded too braggy because I was telling them about the delicious dinner I made and you know, and my friends and mom with like two kids at home, and I was like, dang, you're being like kind of a jerk. Maybe you shouldn't be bragging. And so I apologize and she was like, what are you talking about. You weren't annoying, like this was your meal sounded delicious, And I try not to do that, you know. But I also by confronting it myself and apology, it's almost like I want it's like you're like to take the power back. I didn't need to do that. It's it's a pro and con On the other hand, Hey, I know that I wasn't being annoying or she would. She didn't take it that way, And it's I guess in my own way, it's like expect, don't always expect the worst people are thinking about you, and maybe that's that's part of the dread of what that you have, you know, not having those conversations because you're worried you might hear that someone thinks negatively about you mm hm, and you're not.
Speaker 1: Super sensitive to that.
Speaker 2: I think it's you know, it's funny how like this truck like that crosses over to like money, right, how many people are like I'm not gonna open up the envelope because the bill is going to be more.
Speaker 1: Than I can afford.
Speaker 2: Or I'm not going to talk about to my spouse about their spending because I think they're going to fly off the handle, or you know, I actually don't want to know how much I owe.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I remember my first year in business, Remember I told the story how like it was like not even first year, for the first like two or three years, I did not pay taxes and I was so scared. Yeah, I was so scared because I was like, I don't have it.
Speaker 1: I don't have it.
Speaker 2: And then I Carlos saw me, my accountant, saw me at like a local shop, right, and he like took his cart and he blocked me, and it was like you I had been calling you.
Speaker 1: I've been calling you, are texting you. Tiffany, do you want to go to day?
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't want to. He was like, come in and do you have taxes? I was like, I'm going to owe too much. He's like, how much do you think you o?
Speaker 1: I was like, maybe like thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, you ate you owe eighty five hundred. I was like, oh, he said, yo, what an old five thousand. But you have to pay all these fees for not He's like, I filed for you, but you had to pay all these fees for not paying you know, these years. And it was like, dang that this fear literally is costing me money, you know yea, And yeah that was years ago and still here I am. So that was just like, It's just funny how like it plays a role even in your financial life sometimes that kind of like energy, that nervous not wanting to know energy.
Speaker 3: Oh one hundred percent. And on the other hand, me, who's when I remember dating Enrique and very early in our relationship wanting to know his credit score and I just you know, I think I know what I'm talking about. I I write about this stuff all the time. I'm trying to take my own advice, Like you should know if you're moving in with someone, what their credit score was. I underestimated how deeply personal that number was to him. He got into this huge drop down, drag down fight and wasn't really that important. No, but he wasn't ready yet. But I was trying to push push, push, push that button, push that button. You know whatever, live, live and learn. It's also holds you back when you're and you know you've talked about this too, like knowing what to ask for speaking fees and knowing when to ask for more. And if you're in the you know, the other chair negotiating a job salary, like and having been in the hiring seat for as long as I have, you know I'm not looking for well you never never say never. But the next time I'm negotiating a salary, I one hundred percent will ask for more, only because I've seen too many people miss out by not doing it. But it's it's hard, it's freaking hard. It's easier said than done, easier said than done. And it sounds a little silly, but role playing helps. Have you ever have you ever like role played? A conversation with someone.
Speaker 1: Else in my own head, but.
Speaker 3: With another person, it really helps I recollect. Yeah, I recommend it, like you know, someone that you think will first of all take it seriously and just someone to just, I don't know, play play yourself and you play the other person or vice versa, and just kind of run through the conversation and maybe you've run through here's the worst it could go, and here's the best it could go, and just practice what you're gonna say. As someone who likes to like edit themselves, and especially you know, I like to say things exactly right, and that's why I prefer to write them out. But anyway, it helps to talk things out a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, that's good because I'll straight be in the shower like and then I hate said, no, he's I'll see he's Jesus. And meanwhile I'm like arguing and mad. I do this a lot with my with my husband internally because I'm like, oh, he definitely has attitude. I can tell meanwhile nothing, he's just woken up, And I'm like, oh, exactly, you know. I just well because I'll tell myself he has an attitude me because I'm working a lot I'm like, well, I have to work a lot because right now. And I'm like, babe, you mad at me. He's like, what are you talking about. I'm like, well, it seems like you have an attitude. He's like, I just woke up.
Speaker 1: He's wrong with you. I'm like nothing, What do you want for breakfast? I mean I've had it, I've had an hour long shower. But I'm going back and forth and women work, right, I'm not just here me while none of that has happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we we also project what we are. You pretty what you're feeling guilty about, and you know what you think you should be doing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: We could talk.
Speaker 2: Clearly because clearly you see where my issue is. I'm like, I'm not cleaning enough as much as I could. I'm not cooking as much as I could. So I swear that whenever I feel like any sort of tension, you know, intern that that's what it is.
Speaker 1: I'm like, because I'll literally be like I just didn't get a chance to clean up. He's like huh.
Speaker 3: I'm like, he's like, you're talking to that uh, to that voice in your head again.
Speaker 1: She's crazy. Don't mind her if you're.
Speaker 3: Stuck at home with a significant other right now. The only way that husband and I have survived this past how long has it been now two months since we've been home, is just giving each other a freaking break. I give him, you know, and sometimes you know, me and that red button, sometimes I got to push it. But I've been way way better about not complaining about you know, his mess here and his mess there, and you know how much wheelers and dealers. Don't ask me who that show is, but if you know, you know, oh my god, he watches or you know how he plays with the baby. I've just given him a break and I and he's pretty much given me a break to in terms of like dishes and laundry. You know, it gets done when it gets done, and we just don't nitpick, because we were really doing that in the early weeks in the early days, and we were struggling very much, and part of it was because I was feeling like a piece of pos for not for not keeping up with the housework. And it was the same. It was just like the same I went through when I was on maternity leave, Like you feel like you need to be productive, but you kind of are by keeping a human alive and give yourself a break. And anyway, I'm just saying, like, if you're wanting to ring your up significant other's neck because they haven't done x y Z, this is such a weird freaking time, just give and give yourself the same break. Once I stopped criticizing myself for not doing the laundry or the chores, magically, I stopped really harping on my husband about it too, like it was more about me giving myself a break than giving him a break.
Speaker 1: In the end, Yeah, no, I think that that's good advice.
Speaker 3: Brown break for beating yourself up exactly.
Speaker 1: This is the midbound break.
Speaker 2: Well are we ready for question?
Speaker 3: We're always ready for your questions.
Speaker 1: I was like, how long could I keep this verberation going?
Speaker 3: I will never get in the way tiffany any freestyle and you want to do? But why don't we take a quick break. We'll be right back and if you need a reminder, you can hit us up with your questions always on Instagram, We're at brand Ambition Podcast or you can email us Brandanbision Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 1: Com dot com.
Speaker 3: We will be right back.
Speaker 1: And we back a black and brown.
Speaker 3: Questions, questions. You guys really really need to send us some questions. Okay, I know y'all are out there. You're getting your stimulus checks, maybe you're struggling with unemployment benefits like my dad has been, or my little brother who's been struggling to get approved for the paycheck Protection program for his side business. We would love to get your questions. Go hit us up on Brand Ambition podcast at Wait Yeah, Brandibision podcast at gmail dot com, oh Man, brain Fart, or you can hit us up on Instagram. Brand Ambition Podcast. We will be happy to keep you anonymous. Doesn't have to be a very in depth question, but we'd love to hear from you guys, and you know, help you with whatever financial or career your questions you've got these days. One of the topics before we get into a question from a listener I wanted to talk about and just bring up myself, is the fact that May first is approaching, and like many people, that means either rent or mortgage is due. And I heard that in New York City. This is in the Law Street Journal and some other big cities. They're trying to these different groups are trying to encourage renters to go on a rent strike. And I wanted to bring this up because although some states in the wake of the pandemic have suspended things like evictions, which pretty much makes it safer. You know, if you're someone who's lost a job or you can't afford your rent, it means that you've got a cushion to where you're not going to immediately get kicked out and be homeless, which is very nice. But this rent strike idea, I mean maybe, as someone who's just a goodie two shoes and likes paying bills, I'm on the side of if you've got the money in your account, pay your rent. If you don't, obviously it's not a strike at that point. It's just like, look, I don't got it, and that's its own thing. But I just don't want to see people make a statement by not paying their rent and then end up June or July, you know, being taken to housing court, and that's a whole whole other mess. And I feel like, do you have, like my dad is someone who would look at this and be like, oh cool, Yeah, I'm just not going to pay my mortgage, you know, fight the man. And I'm like, no, daddy, pay your mortgage.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because also too, we have to remember that not not all mortgage, not that you shouldn't pay because it's a big company, but not all people who are renting are like these big conglomerates. Sometimes it's a mom and pop where maybe they have one, maybe two houses, and so you not paying could put that house into foreclosure and then both of you are out of a house. So yeah, just keep that in mind that not everybody's like this big bad landlord. That sometimes it's just regular people who just own one or two pieces of property and they're just trying to make it just like you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. Already, this was my little PSA for y'all. Tip do we have and we're going to get a question I think from your inbox this time.
Speaker 2: I do you'll be all up in the budget these inbax asking me to save your lives, and I'm like, oh, this is a lot for an inbox, but I did find one from I'm going to call you aka your Highness because that's what your name. I don't know if you want me to say your first name, So AKA your Highness is I'm looking for some advice on what to do. I have mountains of medical bills currently and I can't afford to pay them. But I want to start preparing to buy a house. What should I do?
Speaker 3: H medical bills? So this is the kind of debt that I think people should first and foremost. I think people get a lot of flak. Oh, if you're in debt, you know it's your fault. You can't plan. People often don't plan to be a medical debt. It's not a credit card that you racked up, a Victoria's Secret, Okay. It is often out of your control and from the nature of the debt itself, some people don't realize that you can often call the medical billing office or your hospital's billing office and negotiate with them and at the very least get on some kind of income based repayment plan, and in some cases you might qualify for some of the debt to be forgiven. And yeah, it sucks, but a lot of people don't realize this. And I mean even when I missed like a copay for Rio's checkups, I think I owed ten dollars because I paid thirty and I was supposed to pay forty. And I got a letter from the doctor's office that looked like a debt collection bill and I was like, holy crap, ten dollars, okay, let me go pay this. But you know, and I and especially if it's a bigger number than that, people look, people get so scared. And it's like we were talking about earlier. You want to sweep it under the rug or put your head in you know, the sand and not pay it. But it's one of the I don't want to say easier, but you should call. You know, they will be more forgiving, and they often are than a big bank would be about a credit card.
Speaker 2: And ideally you want to try a call because I remember this is before I had insurance and I like tried to dye my own hair. Don't ask, and my face blew up like I don't know. Remember we're talking about this the Mask, like that movie Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, girl, Hard Time.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, wait, wait wait, I do you remember something about I thought it was the Mask with Jim Carrey and you said it's a different mask.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have to google the Mask with share shares. This movie literally called the Mask. And my face looked like that. It was so and I didn't want to go to the doctor because I was like, who has money, not mohy, even though my mom finally yelled at me and told me to go to the emergency room before you die. So I did, and I remember I feel like my bill was like I think, like two thousand dollars when it was all said and done. Basically, they gave me like a benajol drip and then gave me a prescription. And when I went to the pharmacy, he's like, yeah, go to AL two, it's ben and drim.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what they told me eighty dollars for the prescription.
Speaker 2: But I say all that to say I didn't have the twenty or twenty five hundred, and I was scared, and my sister at the time was like, no, girl called the hospital because they usually have internal collections before they give it to someone externally, and as long as it stays with the medical facility, they usually will work with you, and they did so I think I was able to get it down to eight hundred and what I like because normally, when you settle your debt with like a debt collection agency, that settlement goals.
Speaker 1: On your credit report and it's not a good look.
Speaker 2: But with medical facilities, oftentimes that won't go on and settled, it'll just be paid. And so I was able to pay eight hundred instead of the two thousand, and yeah it was, but I had to pay the lump sum and I scraped together that money and borrow some money and I paid it. So yeah, they typically are more lenear than your average bill collector.
Speaker 1: So definitely do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't know that I would be Well, it's good to be looking to buy a house, but depending when you're listening to this, we are in when is this April twenty twenty that they're saying that a housing crash potentially is on its way, meaning that the prices of house are going to go down. So I would just be watching the market because what you don't want to do is buy at the top of the market and buy a house that's that costs more now and will be cheaper later.
Speaker 3: But by giving her that advice, it's like you're going to cause the housing crisis because people won't buy them, and then people who own the houses, well, I'm not looking to move right away, but it sucks if you are a home If you're thinking about selling your home right now, it's probably even harder, even harder. And yeah, I mean whether or not Tiffany, you give this advice. You're not gonna You're not going to cause a housing crisis. Yeah, you don't have that much power. But I can see how we could be going in that direction and loop. But we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: And typically everything balances itself out. There might be just like a temporary dip, but just be mindful of that. Because I bought my condo at the top of the market right before the last recession, and I always every once in a while I'll go on lture dot com and type in my address just to see, oh, maybe maybe somebody else paid more for it. No, girl, no, I bought it for two twenty. And what I tell you is sticks out like a sore thumb when there's like it's sticks switched hands like ten different times, and it's like sold for one fifty, one, thirty, one, eighty one, ninety and then you see two twenty in there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn it, that was me sold.
Speaker 3: To that sucker two thousand and seven. I'm just kidding. I'm kidding. Hindsight is twenty twenty. Man. Sometimes it is just luck, but so she's talking about saving for a house though, and there's nothing wrong with saving up because eventually, you know, you may actually end up coming out on top if there is a bit of a decline in the housing prices and you can maybe get a deal. Certainly, mortgage rates have never been lower, right, so from that front, it's not a bad time to be looking for a home. But just you know, I know her question is really like, how do I save her house with this medical dot on the side, right, So I would say, yeah, talk to your hopefully you're at a point where it hasn't reached collections yet, but even if it has, called them and see if you can settle for less and work or work out a payment plan. And then once you know how much you need to be paid out, then you know, just sit down with your budget and it's it's a simple matter of figuring out how much is going out, how much is coming in, and then setting aside whatever you can to save up for that future home purchase. And you know, if you're if that's going to be a few years from now, I'd just say put it in an online savings account that you and get the you know, fattest savings Ray you possibly can and just slowly but surely save it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, save it up, save it up. Yeah, I think that. Oh. I just love when people.
Speaker 2: Someone just messages me little while we're on Oh, let's see her name. Well, her her ig name is ms Kia, so I'm again assuming her name is Kia Underscore eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Hey Kiki, And she just hit me.
Speaker 2: She's like, Hey, I'm interested in getting a financial advisor. I remember you mentioned it on the podcast Brown Ambition. What's the website to obtain a free financial advisor? And then she hit me back. I was like, never mind, it's in the show notes founded, So that's just a hit. Check out our show notes that. You know, Mandy posts like all this amazing stuff when it comes to looking for whatever tools and resources we talk about in the show. So yeah, Mandy or yeah, but now you're bringing it up, and now I feel like I need to also tell the people now if they don't know. So that wasn't our That was in our interview with Sharon Osherson. Yes, that we did back in March, and I will I will, oh, well, look I'm listening to the show because I don't know how iTunes works.
Speaker 3: Free financial planning. You can go to one f BA dot org. That's the number one spilled out f as in Frank p as in paul A, as in anatomy dot org. I couldn't think of an a name. And they have a pro bono pro bono planning program. Now disclosure, this was back in March. I don't know if it still exists, but you can start there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Kiki.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like you said my name live on the air. Answer your question. All right, Well, thank you guys again. Reach out to us set us up un Ambition Podcast at gmail dot com to hit us up directly, or you can go to Instagram and send us a DM. There we are at Brown Ambition Podcast on the gram.
Speaker 1: Yes we all. So it is not our time for boosting or breaking. Are you gonna boost it up? Oh? You gonna break it up?
Speaker 3: We'll break it down. Are you letting me go first this week? I am Oh that must mind, you're not ready?
Speaker 1: No mineus random, no shade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I want to take a brain, a brain. I want to take a brain. I need another brain. Apparently mommy brain is taking over. I'm gonna brown boost some of my followers on Instagram, I posted kind of just a joking gram story about is that a cool thing to say? Graham story or is it an instant whatever? I posted on Insta about what Tiff and I were talking about last week with my My wrist has been killing me and and I discovered it is actually a form of tendonitis. We discussed this right. It's a form of tendonitis that's common with new moms, and literally it's caused by picking up your child over and over and over and over and over, and hunching yourself over and twisting your boob in the right direction so that they can breastfeed properly and latch and all that. And I have had risk pain ever since, you know, those early days coming home from the hospital. But for those of you who are now working at home and don't have a proper ergonomically set up desk like me, because you know, I never worked at home really, so I had my laptop. I didn't have a chance to get my monitor from the office before they shut it down and all of that. So the fact that I'm hunching over typing all day because my job is entirely crafting emails and slack messages it's all I do, it seems like so it just exacerbated it. And I'm at the point where I'm having to wear my wrap up my arm every day and I want to do a boost to all that. And so many mommies reached out to me who have had the same issue, so I really didn't feel like I was crazy and creating some phantom condition. It's true. It's literally called mommy's risks. So thank you to y'all for sharing your stories and sharing some of the revenues that worked for you. And I want to do a quick boost for taking a break from typing and texting. So for the last week, with some exceptions, I have just said, I'm not typing, I'm not texting, I'm not clicking a mouse, and how am I doing my job? I'm still doing my job. I've realized that there's like an audio dictation feature. I use a MacBook and I've enabled this audio dictation tool so I can just tap a button and then speak into it and it can craft emails for me or it can search for me. Sure, it's like hilarious, and it messes up all the time words I'm trying to say, and it doesn't know how to spell funny things. But whatever it's, it's really given me a break in a great way. So for those of you who need a break, and if it's like carpal tunnel, because like I said, you don't have the right setup at home in these telecommuting times, take a break, try and like go a few hours without typing because or do some wrist stretches. Do some like try to do a little bit of stretching before and after you get up because and I'm living proof that it's it really wears you down. And I don't want y'all to get as bad as I've gotten with my wrist because let me tell you, just even like washing my hair now as a whole is a whole painful exercise. So try taking a break and it'll lead to some really funny typos. At the very.
Speaker 2: Least I've used it before. I just talked too fast. It's like, girl, don't I mite know what you're talking about?
Speaker 3: You do have to go real, real slow. I'm like, please tell them that per my email yesterday. Yeah, no, it's cool. And the last thing that I did is I asked for and this is something that people don't want to do. I was like, I'm not going to ask, you know, our it department for a monitor because this is expensive and you know I already have one at the office. But I'm like hurting myself by not asking for it. So I went ahead and just sent a message, Hey, do you guys have any thing you can do? I'm struck. I'm having like pain from my death setup, and next thing I know, I have a brand new monitor, keyboard, everything. So just raise a hand and ask for what you need. I think some companies, if they're able, we'll be happy to help you because everyone's getting used to this new normal.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is a new normal, of course, So my booze, I'm gonna do a boost. It's totally random because I'm like, I don't know, I feel like good today, so random is good. So I've been doing a lot of lives, like I just tape The Real today and I'm taping a big national show tomorrow, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, yikes.
Speaker 2: If you know me, I'm kind of a tomboy, so I don't really wear makeup unless I have to. I mean, aside from the occasional, you know, like I'm like a go to eye line. I'm a little mess are, but I don't wear foundation because honestly, I don't know how to put it on.
Speaker 1: Not that I don't need it, I just don't know how to put it on.
Speaker 2: So I call my two go to makeup artists, Leela Nima and Ejamachi Misiah, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, Eh, help me, what's I do?
Speaker 2: I don't know how to do the makeups that you do for me? And I have about two days to figure out what am I going to do? And they're like, okay, just start with foundation. I'm like, yeah, so about that. Don't have any of those things at home. They were like, Tiffany, are you kidd amy?
Speaker 1: I'm like no.
Speaker 2: So they both actually told me the same because I was like, tell me a drugstore brand because obviously I don't have I'm not going to Alta or SOP. I don't even know if they're open. No, but I don't, you know, and I don't want to risk my Corona life with them for that. They're like, I'm like, where if I can go to the local Walgreens to write aid, what should I get? So Leela gave me a list and then I called EJ and she was giving me the same brand Mabeline.
Speaker 1: But she's like, I'll do you one better.
Speaker 2: I live right by Target, and I know your skin color, and I'm going to do your face, and so I will get you like you know, I'll get you everything that you need, concealer, mascara, just everything. She got me all the things, and then she just left it on the front porch. I picked it up, masks and gloves on, and then I ran home and and I cash at her.
Speaker 1: I didn't even see her. I was like, oh, I didn't even get to see her.
Speaker 2: But I have to say so, I don't particularly like makeup because sometimes it just makes you look like not yourself. So it's one of the reasons why I just never got into foundation. But I have to say, this foundation, Mandy, honestly, I look like me.
Speaker 1: It's really great. It's called so Maybelene has a foundation fit me.
Speaker 2: That's like the I guess Maybelene has a bunch of different like brands under their Mabeline or whatever, but fit me, and I'm my skin is kind of orally so Matt Porliss. But when I tell you, like I said, I'm not one to wear makeup because I don't like not looking like myself. I mean, I'll wear it for TV, I don't mind, but on a day to day basis, and not that I'm going to start. But it was nice to know because I've I've done speaking engagements before where they had a makeup person. I actually did a whole national commercial and let's just say the makeup artist was of the other persuasion Caucasian. And when I tell you, Mandy, she looked at my face was like, she looks so nervous. And I was like but and I was really clear with the brand. Hey you see my picture, can you please share with the makeup artists?
Speaker 1: And not only I'm black, I'm.
Speaker 2: Extra extra chocolately black, and I just want to be you know, I'm gonna make sure I'm good.
Speaker 1: And they're like, no, no, no, we're fine.
Speaker 2: And my makeup artist at the time gave me like some little jar of like what she normally used on me. That lady looks so scared that I ended up doing my own makeup me Tiffany All for a national TV commercial that ran for like three years. Every time somebody would see it, they're like, it's that you. I'm like it was, They're like, your cheeks are really rosy.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I know how blush works.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so just shout out to the makeup artists, just a boost to them, and you know some of them would give, Like I know Leela's not doing it right now, but ejama I think it's ejama azena beauty easy, I n an a and then like ejama I j e O m A, I think she's doing live like you can.
Speaker 1: Actually you can.
Speaker 2: Hire her to do like a one on one makeup session if you're someone who is like, oh, maybe you're a speaker and you normally have someone do it for you. But like I said, Mabeline, they're fit me collection, their loose powder, their foundation, even their concealer. Honestly all amazing. I don't feel makeupy at all. I felt really comfortable and I was able to do it myself with some help.
Speaker 3: Still definitely a boost to her for dropping it off. Can she also make me a little mankup, Curt. I know it is something, and you know what, it's nice because even the whimsy things we used to do to comfort ourselves, like getting a nice cheap pant like a Mani petty or you know, getting a nice tuba lipstick, that stuff that I would do just go browse forward to feel better after a hard day. And if you feel like you can't do that, And speaking from experience, Sephora shipping is really really delayed. It took me like two and a half weeks to send something to a girlfriend for her birthday. Yeah, just those little pleasures.
Speaker 1: Yes. I was so like, oh my gosh, you really got it. Well, she didn't drop it off.
Speaker 2: I went to go because we both live in Jersey, but she went to her Target, bought all the things and put it on her front step. And I was like, wow, this was because she's like, girl, if I send you to Target, you're just gonna be looking like I don't know what I'm looking at because I wouldn't even tell you in your face mask, like what color I would be. So she gave me like three ranges and she was like you know, cause she's like you never know, but yeah, it just yeah, when you have really great people around you, maybe that's even as like an extra boost, like just having really like kind like you know, go above and beyond.
Speaker 1: So just shout out to you, e Jay, Thank you so much girl.
Speaker 2: Because of you, I didn't look crazy on the real today.
Speaker 3: And the gig workers who are offering services online in lieu off, they're in person, like my the person. She's like the one curly hairstylist in all of Westchester, it seems like. And I went to her six months ago for a trim and it has been six months since I've had a trim, which is horrifying, I'm sure to her, but I reached out to her and she says, I'm doing virtual consultations. So that's just one way that they're trying to stay afloat. So if you want to support your hairstylist or your nail salon or your makeup artists, if you have one. I don't know if I mentioned this last week, but I did tip my massage therapist. I was going to form the back pain I got from breastfeeding. She was like a postnatal massage therapist, and I just sent her a little tip. And she's not doing anything online, but I sent her a tip and she was just and venmo and and she sent us two hands sewn masks the other day as a thank you, which was really sweet. And you know, it's it's not if you're it's also these people are really struggling, So you know, if they're pivoting their services a little bit and you have the finances to take advantage, it's also it's good for them, but it's it's maybe one way for you to escape and feel like your normal self in these insane times. And I think we all just need to do anything we can to feel good and yeah, and treat yourself in whatever way what that looks like in today's you know, new normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Treat myself to the Insecure season. I mean episode three that I have not watched yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me either. I heard Molly's acting up. I was like, well, I got to see.
Speaker 3: I love this season. I love the tensiency people. I was this group chat and they were going on and on about the sex on the show and like the relationships. I'm like, the real relationship in that show was Molly and Lisa, and that's what I love. And I feel like they do a really they they do a really realistic version of a friendship in your thirties and you start, yeah, and I'm not gonna spoil it, but I I really like where they're going with the show. I don't mind. I don't mind Molly that she's she and Lisa aren't getting along as well right now. So that's how it be one hundred percent that episode when they had the baby shower and Issa is like I wasn't included on the baby shower committee invite may or may not have happened to me to me in real life, all ooh, I felt seen. But yeah, are you watching anything good, like anything that's that's helping you escape or wind down after your long days saving the world.
Speaker 2: So it's been like so weird, Like I've just been totally into CNBC super Rich on YouTube. I've just been watching, like I don't know why, but I love watching these like mega mega mansion tours that I would never ever live in so I can be judging.
Speaker 1: I'm like, look at that sink?
Speaker 3: Who wants that?
Speaker 2: That's been like my I watched them like every night at least, because you should do about ten minutes long. So I watch at least two or three of them every night where it's like this house is twenty five million dollars and not because I aspire, because like I literally feel like I just sit and watching judgment like that floor is so tacky. Not me as if I have twenty five million dollars to be buying.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so.
Speaker 2: That's been my I don't know, I've never really been I'm not really into TVTV, but that's like, yeah, lately, that's been like my little like escape that I like watching those tours and looking at these houses and every once in a while Architectural Digest ad they have like the celebrity house tours.
Speaker 1: I like those two, but I'm less judging because I feel like, oh, I like her, like Live Tyler. Her tour was so great. I was like, I like her, how I would totally live.
Speaker 3: There a little house porn that makes sense anybody. So CNBC's super Rich And then Architectural Digest on YouTube yep on YouTube. Yeah, I like SNL at Home has has been hilarious. Actually they wrote back Big Poppy. He did a Keenan brought back Pig Poppy David Ortiz and then yeah, and if you haven't checked out their skit about what's the grocery store, Oh, Kate McKinnon and Adye Bryant were so funny. They did like a skit about what's left over in the grocery store. Everyone's getting like certain foods and leaving all the crap behind anyway, and they're little, you know, and they're digestible, little nuggets. Because right, who has the time to sit down and watch hours and hours? If you do, bless you, but not all of us have that. And then the last thing that I've been watching, Okay, this is a little bit weird. So when you have time and you're looking at Netflix, now, they have some crazy, some astoundingly weird stuff on. And I found this show called The Caskatiers, which is it is a reality show document I'll call it a documentary about a Polynesian funeral home director and the people he works with. And I am so invested, so invested, and it is really fascinating and I'm just telling myself, I'm learning about a different culture and you know, their their end of life, you know, their end of life practices and all that. But it's just so funny. Their little staff is and it's like quirky, and it's it's in New Zealand. It's good. I say, check it out, y'all. Whatever makes you feel good, don't judge me.
Speaker 2: And I should have opened with this or ended this when maybe we'll do like a whole podcast on it, but the business did hit a mile So we had our first seven figure month.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, it wasn't that crazy.
Speaker 2: And we're about two months away from having our first seven figure reoccurring month. There's two different things, like you can make seven figures in a month, but in reoccurring because you know, my one of my businesses is in online school, the literature Academy. So we're about a few months away of having reoccurring because right now it's multiple high multiple six figures, and we're just on the cusp. Well, that would take me from a seven figure year business to an eight figure a year business, which is like I would have never ever imagined preschool teacher Tiffany, So that's huge. I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna celebrate psych you know, I'm not gonna settle. I'm gonna be like, okay, okay, back to work. But it's just I don't want it to be a milestone that we celebrate.
Speaker 3: But where in the house. What am I gonna do something? Find a way, find a way. For my mom's birthday, we compile her birthday, said a happy birthday, Mom, and my dad's was on Sunday, and just find a way, like we put together a little virtual like a little online or no, we got a bunch of people to submit messages, video messages, and I quickly edited it together into a nice little video for her, So a virtual social distancing birthday shout out video. I don't know, I just feel like if you have birthdays or anniversaries, it's it's an easy thing to say, or milestones or whatever, like, oh, you know, maybe next year, but I know, like finding little small pockets of joy, go do something to go watch like an hour of CNBC super Rich and judge them because you should be on the show because you're super rich.
Speaker 2: Like you know, no now and just differ between like the business making seven figures about I wish I was making seven figures about not even close. But yeah, yeah that is a pretty big most. But yeah, I think I will. I'll figure out something fun. Maybe you guys, you know, hey, since you're not asking questions, you could certainly tell what are some ways that I can celebrate from the house.
Speaker 3: How are you guys marking milestones in quarantine? That's what we want. That'd be a great share. Share your positive stories. Send us a message on Instagram, send us photos. Maybe we'll share it. Oh, maybe I'll share it in our in our Gram stories are instant stories. Then y'all can teach me how to say it. Yeah, that'll be fun. And we will wrap us up and see y'all next week.
Speaker 1: Until next week, my mantrain by to