Speaker 1: Look Mayer, Oh, I see you my own line Bowen, look over there. How is that culture? Yes? Goodness wow lost cult ding Dong lost culturistas calling. Yes, I know that is one voice. Do not adjust the settings on your devices. It is just me, Matt. I'm gonna explain why. So as you guys may know, if you have Instagram and are into that sort of thing, Bowen Yang is going to be taking a little bit of a break, and it is for good reason. Bowen has been sort of heroically spreading himself thin, being just the busiest person ever. He's literally flying to London to shoot Wicked back here do episodes of the podcast. You know SNL was in season all year. He was flying New York London back forth. And he's expressed on the podcast over the past couple of months feeling quite frankly exhausted. And so my thing is I am first and foremost his best friend, and I just want the best for him and for him to feel like he has energy and can feel good about coming to the podcast and joining this because this should be fun. And lately I think he's just been feeling a little spread thin. So this is something that we have no qualms about saying, just take a fucking break. So I said to him, like, take as much time as you need, focus on getting to the end of Wicked. They have about a month more of shooting, probably about five more weeks of working, and he's gonna focus on that and do that. And he has all of our support and obviously all of my support because I love my sister, and thanks everyone for reaching out, and you know, seeing if he's okay, everything is gonna be totally fine. He just needs some time and some space. We've also been doing a lot, like we hosted the last Culture Racas Cultural Awards, which was a big endeavor. We did watch What Happens Live, We launched our merch on top of him again and flying back and forth to shoot Wicked and do all the things you do in life on top of all this other stuff. So it's just been going at a ten, eleven, twelve, and then it all culminated in the Kelly episode, which we put so much emotional energy into as you saw, and was truly just a peak of the pod. And so now we're just gonna take a second to just get our shit together and come back better than ever together for you, guys, the readers, the kitties, the publicist, the finalists, because we love you and you deserve us at our best. And Bowen knows that I am here though, And the good news is I've actually turned it out with the guests that I'm gonna be giving you starting with today, so over the next month or so, like I said, it's just gonna be me and the guests, but I do hope you'll still join me. The sounds of thousands of people turning off their podcasts, it's just like, not this Fagan, not just this Fagon. I'm done. So basically, I just sort of put myself in the pov of someone who would be listening to just me, and I said, well, I got to give them someone who's fifty thousand times the star, just super nova energy. And that's why I sort of landed on my guest today. So here's the fucking deal. Here's the t If you're watching Glamorous on Netflix, you know what's good for you. You know that this show is giving you comedy, is giving you a little bit of that soapy campiness. It's giving you a little bit of the throwback to the ugly Betty vibes. It's giving you Devil War's product energy. It's giving you Kim Katrall in a return to television, we'll talk about that. It's giving you get this very queer cast, queer power. It's giving everything, but mostly it's giving you a star turn by Miss Benny, who is not just an actress but a recording artist. Will get into it and all around powerhouse. I was lucky enough to guest star on the eighth episode they called one eight in the Biz. I iconically portray the role of Pete town Tony. And if you've watched the show, you know that I have two lines that get repeated many times. The words are not this. I like to think I turned it. We'll get into it. I can't wait to hear what my what my guest thinks of my performance as edited. It felt good on set, but you never know how it's gonna come out in the edit, you know, But I just could not be more excited. This is a big day for Lost College. It's actually a long away to day because even when I was on set, I was like, I can't wait to get this bitch on most coach because I'm gonna get into it with the bitch because, let me tell you some thing, she turns opinions. We played the most intense game of Star Actress during a stopdown which ever heard we have thought about that. Everyone. Please welcome into your ears the star of Glamorous and so much more, Miss Benny. Did you hear that little crack in my voice, Miss Benny? Moment?
Speaker 2: That's exciting. I'm also going through puberty bite in the opposite direction. Absolutely starts to sound and my breasket a little larger while we talked.
Speaker 1: Just know it's Tine. Just understand the waves.
Speaker 2: I have to say, that was really hilarious to watch, and I kind of started to fantasize as you were talking about being the only guest in this episode that you just never introduced me and you just did the podcast as normal.
Speaker 1: I know. I've just like realized, like all the way through, like maybe you actually kind of like this like section the City Carrie Bradshaw Podcast vibe.
Speaker 2: I can leave if you would like to do this, I say, yeah, you got all these great guests, but the fans know what they want.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited you're here.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to be here. I have like butterflies right now.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I was like, see, if my sister is going to be away, I need someone that's going to give co host energy. And I mean we've known each other for do you remember where we met? This is iconic.
Speaker 2: I actually wanted to ask you because in my mind I've known you my whole life.
Speaker 1: But I know that they're probably Yeah, it was the Betty who concerted the Fonda.
Speaker 2: I got my pass out.
Speaker 1: It was your year of the Fonda, My year of the Fonda.
Speaker 2: I went to concerts like every three days at the Fonda.
Speaker 1: Tell me about some fond of moments.
Speaker 2: I saw Iggy isalea there by accident. Oh everyone hold on.
Speaker 1: Again, thousands more turn off their podcast, right.
Speaker 2: Sorry, guys, I really bones coming back, I swear. But I was like passing the Fond to do something else. And there was like they had on the marquee that was Iggy as Alien. I was like, what are the odds there's still tickets right now? And so I walked up while her show was going, got a ticket when there were odds you know.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm telling a story, and I walked in. I had the best see in my house. Yeah, it was just for me.
Speaker 2: It was so crazy. No, and I was gagged to find out that it was. At the time, I guess she was touring with Miss BANGI and so literally it was like Iggy would like do a song, then like Vanji would like do a bit. It was really an interesting take on like a comedy pop rap.
Speaker 1: It was a hybrid show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a hybrid show and honestly not far off from your shows. Probably not Miss banjiebat Rogers. Definitely the same world. I honestly could see that as a headlining act. I would kill the three of us. I want you to dress in the same outfits that they.
Speaker 1: Wear fighting over Hugo's last Oh my god, I think I have some claim none, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean you probably all have the exact same pool of gay fans like it before we did the same crowd.
Speaker 1: Are you real I did headline in the phone. It's two nights in a row. Hell yeah, okay, and that's a good show too, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I want you to know that my best friend, who I don't think has ever met you, literally is constantly doing your Martha May song. Really, yes, we it's like such a recurring thing female up in Jolo. Yes, I supposed to be on the Jovio thriller.
Speaker 1: Thank you for remembering the lyrics. I feel like I could channel you as I sing it.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. I had never heard it. I was like, when I saw the show, I was like, talking you up so much, but FULLY was like, I haven't seen the show either, I don't know if it's good. So I was like, guys, wa is just hilarious crossing my fingers. No, you were so fucking funny, and specifically that song, I've always idolized Martha May.
Speaker 1: So I literally was like, Martha May is a moment in culture. Yeah, she got the jacuzzi running, she got the dracuzie running. My thing is like Martha May, that's the kind of person I want explored more.
Speaker 2: And You've always said that.
Speaker 1: And I've always haaid that there's two characters in that show that I'm like, what's their real story? Martha May and missus Claus. They go untold the women. Women's stories matters for this Moon Ramen's stories matter, they just do. Can we celebrate her? Yeah? So fond of moments. You had a fond of moment seeing Iggy Azelia. You had fond a moment seeing me years later, we met at the Betty Who concert. Yes, Betty that was a great show too. Here was that? That was twenty nineteen. Okay, Wow that moment when you realize we actually have known each other for years.
Speaker 2: So it's crazy because in my brain, twenty nineteen is I think, twenty nineteen is my new two thousand and seven where like, oh my god, two years ago whatever, but like it was now four years.
Speaker 1: Ago, you know what is it? Because two thousand and seven was like a what you did that? Your mean for you? Were you met? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like high school musical or like was his Waverley place?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What about you? I mean, I guess two thousand and seven for me, that was two thousand and eight. Are graduated high school? So actually, you know what what really like dictates two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight for me, which, by the way, was a rough time for the queers because this was like I remember going into class. This is before Glee. Literally, yeah, Glee changed it all.
Speaker 2: Glee.
Speaker 1: They say, if there had been no Glee, Obama would have never said the gay marriage should.
Speaker 2: Be I actually do believe that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard saying roses turn Obama would not have.
Speaker 2: Blanked any I will say people have been asking me all the time about like what gay representation made me. I like referenced Glee, And then I realized how kind of funny that is, because if you look at Glee as like now, it's so funny to think that was. Like, so I remember crying watching the like first gig kiss on Glee, and absolutely I watched it over and over and over.
Speaker 1: First of all, the first season of Glee. Well, let's say this, the first half of the first season of Glee.
Speaker 2: You're like the first moment of the first season of Glee, the first.
Speaker 1: Seconds of Glee, Like, well, I literally say all the time, you know, Ryan Murphy, bitch could turn a pilot. Yeah, like some of the best pilots. And I remember watching Glee and genuinely feeling like really excited about what it was and then like it got crazy. But I remember being like the kind of gay that at the time. I think it was like two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine. I think I was still closeted when it started, and I was like, and I remained closeted until just minutes we have to talk about it, and I'm not ready okay, But I remember like when Kurt was being so gay, there was like a part of me that was like a little nervous about it. Like I remember when he's saying roses turn, I was like, we can't know, we can't do this. No, it's too much. I don't like her. Yeah, I got her to do this. And it was not this thing of like, oh fuck this show, I don't like it. I think it was genuinely like I'm scared that he is out there doing this thing that I've only done in my bedroom, because now everyone's gonna know I deeply want to do that. Yeah, we all wanted to sing roses turn.
Speaker 2: I talked about this the other day in some interview, but I was like talking specifically about Kurt. It was like it was just so funny because watching that, I remember being like, oh my god, that's me. I love that. But then like looking around me and taking the temperature of the room, everyone was so critical and uncomfortable flamboyant he was, and I remember at the time that was like one of my early memories of clocking that, like, oh, y'all don't also want to be that, so I should probably like take that in yeah, and then I guess here I am. Now maybe someone's also seeing me do what I do and they're like scared.
Speaker 1: No. But the thing is, like, I think it has changed so much because like that's what made Glee stand out so much, because it's funny, you say, we think of Glee as being this groundbreaking thing and then you go back and it's like essentially what two white gay, singing teenage dreamer at each other and we're like her, now, that's like a Winter Green commercial or whatever the fuck. But back then it was like I'm nervous. I'm nervous. I've never I'm nervous to the point where now here we are with Glamorous and it feels like and I mean this in the most complimentary way, but it's like we're joining this workplace in process and we really don't question it. Yeah, you know what I mean. Like the world is very saturated but also grounded in that queerness yea, and even in the very familiar elements, like you know, you have Kim who we all know from like what was an iconic show of what was one of the most white woman, straight woman shows of all time, and like she comes from that and now here she is, but it all feels very like harmonious. So I wonder like, did it feel like normal and harmonious doing it, because that would not have been the feeling like a while back doing that, like you would have been looking over your shoulder, like at the crew, which is probably a lot of straits, you know what I mean, Like because when I guess, did it felt like that? But did it feel like that throughout?
Speaker 2: Well? What's interesting because you know, we're like a workplace drama comedy, and I'm just so used to I'm sure you'll feel this too, But like when you've like guest starred on so many random shows as like the funny gay character, like you get really used to just being like, okay, I have to like carry so much right now, and like I'm in a room full of straight actors who are like it's really brave that you're doing what you're doing, Like it just does it. It feels like you're doing something so like specific. And then with this, like pretty much the whole cast and characters are queer, So there was this funny sense of like we've never had that many gay people at a work environment before, and there was like sort of a talk on set of like, how do you conduct yourself when you feel like you're at the gay club but you're not, You're actually at work.
Speaker 1: I know, isn't that funny?
Speaker 2: I actually remember our episode one o eight. As they say in the biz, it was so funny because up to that point we had done such a good job of like clipping our language and like keeping it like understandable for the street people in the Mountain. No, as soon as we imported you a jel, it was like there was no hope. I actually think the crew after that had such like I remember this sound guy came up to us and asked me specifically what the word cunt meant in this context, and I was like I had to explain to him that. I was like no, no, no, Like Matt calling me that is like actually the nicest thing that could do.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I look at out on the ground. Absolutely when I wave my finger it you wouldn't say the word cunt. Yeah, Like, it's not me saying the meanest thing.
Speaker 2: Seen me at the top of our lungs, like horrible homophobic slurs that could never be repeated on air. It's like entirely it's like I love you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you'll go home with a badge of honor. Yeah, that was such a fun time. That was the best. And then even thinking like about the sound guy, you know what I mean, just like the sound guy, we're miked, So we're miked and they hear everything and they do warn you about that when which is something you don't think about when you're like going on set to act like that you're miked and like there's a sound person or a poor sound mixers that can hear it all. The person that was like privy to our conversation, our game of Star or Actress. We have to get into this. Oh got okay? Joel Kim and I we love this game Star Actress. And if you go way back on the podcast, this game was introduced on most Cultures this years ago. It was at some episode where Joel Kim was guesting on and we just played this game for about forty five minutes. So we love to play this game. We brought it to the set of Glamorous because we're a bunch of fucking queers, and what do queers have to do during a stop done more than argue about whether Jennifer Garner is a star or an actress got and so you could not wrap your mind around this. I still kind of can't if you ask me to explain it right now. I do it wrong partly, what is star actress? What is it a game?
Speaker 2: This is wrong and this is what I got absolutely fucking crucified for.
Speaker 1: And I'm having xaning on this podcast next week. And I remember you were having such a hard time and zaying at one point goes, well, when we think about it, this hard, it's not fun.
Speaker 2: Well I that because I remember the crew was trying to like rally us to get ready for the next setup, but we weren't.
Speaker 1: No, Amanda seipher it is a star, and.
Speaker 2: For me it was one of those things. So in my world, we use the word star to mean like that that's like the best thing you could call somebody. So if you're a star, that means like you can do all of it. You're you're a great actress, you're a great performer, like you are the person while like an actress in my mind, to my understanding was like that's all you'll ever do is you'll just be the girl who acts like you're not like a presence, You're just like on screen but and you can correct me. Now I've found the understanding later to be that actually it's the other way.
Speaker 1: So basically, there's not a pejorative in being either. I mean, I can't so if you are Jennifer Garner out there and I say Jennifer Garner is a star, not an actress, and she takes offense to that, that's on her right because guess what being a star is, Like you said, it's huge, it's everything. Being a star is endorsements, products, selling tickets. You know what I'm saying. Being a star is hitting the carpet. So passionate well because I have conviction about it, because I want to speak for people who might hear that they're a star and feel disappointed that they're not also a technician actress or a journeyman actor. A star is that an actress is someone who comes in and is about the work and is always going to give you the take and is going to give you the performance. But maybe you're not necessarily like the box office slam dunk for example, Like I'll sell someone out there. And remember it's hard to do this on this podcast now because the podcast has become more successful and I get a little nervous because then all of a sudden, one day, and this is true, you hear that someone like major listens to the podcast, and you're like, well, fuck, I hope I didn't call them a flop?
Speaker 2: Do you think that any like female celebrities are listening to this this right now?
Speaker 1: I don't say me. I know for a fact they are, and I'm gonna keep their names out of it. Okay, Okay, so let's do someone that I know is not listening. Okay, Juliana Margolise, Okay, star actress. I'm gonna be honest, I don't know who you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I really I really wanted to do that bit where I was like, okay, that's so funny that give me what she's from.
Speaker 1: She's okay, I'm gonna like was the star of r OH that I was not gonna know? I mean, you know any way, No, that was so stupid to me. Okay, how about this? This is a good one, Sidney Sweeney, Oh oh ship. My instinct is start. My instinct is start too, Like, I'm so relieated. I can't believe my fucking gay ass just said Juliana Margolie to you.
Speaker 2: You looked at me, and I thought that was gonna be the first question. I'd be like, oh, I have thoughts on this, Sony.
Speaker 1: So but get this with Sidney Sweeney, I agree, it's star because you think of her and you think of persona, you think of the Sydney Sweeniness.
Speaker 2: Ohso the name like she has it in like lights.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But this is where we got fucked up when we were filming, is that. I think the name that came up that threw us for a loop was Kate Blanchette because in my world, Kate Blanchett is like star of everything, where it's like she has power to be all of it. But I remember the people in the room are saying, like actress in the way that she's like making notes next to every single word on a page, right, And so I was like mind blown at trying to wrap my head around this game. And I remember specifically that was the one that made us start fighting, and that.
Speaker 1: We started fighting and were late to set, and it was a thing of like, Okay, now we've really made it. Yeah, because now the clearer actors are truly running the set. We're beef they're too busy, they're beefing they're too busy down in the basement and they're like fucking lingerie. We literally were in full drag like hooker clothes.
Speaker 2: Like literally and by the way, I want to just specifically give you when we were doing fittings for Cell Black Tango, I remember they at least for me, they gave me a rack of like just like sex shop clothes and they were like, pick whatever you want. And so I was like, oh, this is so fun. We're all gonna get to do our drag race mini Challenge quick drag like and so I put together my little like Nsfia rab Bob and was like so ready, and then literally you showed up, Like how would you describe what you were in.
Speaker 1: The eighth pisode. Here's what I would describe my aesthetic, ays, and I want to say my drag aesthetic is often this okay late nineties white girl R and B singer.
Speaker 2: That is exactly what I wanted to say, But I wanted you to it like owed.
Speaker 1: Up to it like Pink when she first came out. Literally, some girls got they like, God, there you go.
Speaker 2: That was exactly what you gave. You also had that swish to your walk the whole way through.
Speaker 1: It was giving Houcci Mama. I didn't even know that it.
Speaker 2: Was in the options when they showed us all the wigs that was not there. I believe you brought that well. First of all, I have like history with that kind of wig. That's of like swoopy bang is something that I gravitate to, that like feathery like y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny because like I don't know, like growing up, when you picture yourself in your giche, you know what I mean, when you see in your mind's eye the woman you are right Like I always thought, Oh, I'll have really long blonde hair like Sharon Clueless, you know what I mean, Like that's my essence, like you know, popular girl. Meanwhile, you then get the opportunity to literally pick and I'm like, I think I'm white girl late nineties R and B singer with this swoopy bang.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you're like presented with your like Pokemon starter Pokemon. You're like, I guess I never thought of this until this moment, because now that it's in front of me, nothing is clear.
Speaker 1: I didn't know I was charm Million, Yeah, until I had the option to pick tre Million's heels.
Speaker 2: The only people on that lineup that I knew were like had a vision from the beginning of their life. Was Zane wearing the like surgy red curly hair, and then Michael si Rosen wearing his like Madam Blueberry bob. But by the way, that's not scripted that he was supposed to be like a secretary. He in the fitting was like you have a little pair of glasses and his tiny little blouse.
Speaker 1: It's so funny that he would pick that, but he served it up. Shure, Well, first of all, the gag is watching Michael Sue Rosen dance.
Speaker 2: The scariest moment of filming for me the entire five months we filmed was the two seconds we did choreo together. And by that I mean we grabbed each other's arms and pooled each other back and he literally when I was doing that, he like came over and like pushed my shoulders and like twisted my body and was like it was like Suspiria.
Speaker 1: He was like breaking my bones to get into the desision and I couldn't do it. I was like, you've been on Broadway.
Speaker 2: I did like a church play when I was a kid, where I wore like a little robe and was like, do not be afraid.
Speaker 1: So Michael Sue Rosen, iconically Chino in the West Side Story revival on Broadway, was twisting you into the Spi Pretzel doing choreo when you were like, bitch, yeah, this is not the way she dances.
Speaker 2: Well, I was also so freaked out because in that episode, my character Marco was supposed to win this like lip sync battle. But then like everyone else in the night, all of y'all like have done musical theater, like this is what you do girl, I'm the only one who hadn't. So I literally was like, oh my god, I have to actually like somehow turn this out. And they got me together. I'm proud of it.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, here's what I'll say. There was no question that you won on set being there, you won for real. You had a close competition for Michael Seuer Rosen, who was doing like leaps and twirls and way unchoreographed. He added those he's amazing. Yeah, I really do. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The problem is that I am so in love with him that, like when anyone else partakes in the love, I'm like, fuck god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get away, like he's mine. He's one of those Yeah, he's you know what I always say about people who like you ever meet someone and you say like, oh, that person's great, like they're kind of cool, and then someone goes, oh, yeah, they tend to have that effect on people bitter. I'm always like, put those people in jail. I love that though, Like I love that.
Speaker 2: It's the same vibe to me as people who are like, oh my god, I just meant this person they're so nice, and they're like, oh my god, I've literally known them forever. Yeah, and you're like, oh, it's so cool. What do you know me share? They were like, literally, it's so.
Speaker 1: Long ever, it's such a long story, and like there's so much history in the way they're saying it.
Speaker 2: And I can't even like say, like too much. Yeah, And the next time you see them together, that person like introduces themselves to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, if you're someone who walks around in the world with the knowledge that you, quote unquote have that effect on people, okay, you have to know that and understand you might be having people fall in love with you left and right. Yeah. And then meanwhile the show comes out and what's happening in the gay group chat that gets our starting to say I love that Michael Sue Rosen, and you do have that thing of like, well, back off, I do.
Speaker 2: And it's also that I didn't. Yeah, the thing is that I am exactly that person with Michael particularly. And what's crazy is we didn't chemistry read for the show, like really we were supposed to chemistry read, but things were moving fast and they were so confident with Michael that they were like, you're gonna have great chemistry.
Speaker 1: And I was like, he's so cool and he's so good.
Speaker 2: And then I was filming one day, like at the very beginning of the show, and I had like a couple hours to like go home, which like never happens, and so I took that opportunity and he met me for coffee, and I remember the whole time I was talking to him, I was like, oh, no, I'm going to actually.
Speaker 1: Fall in love with you. I don't know. That's a thing.
Speaker 2: It was like a big fear of mine in it. It happened, and I am still in love with him. If he's out there right now, Michael just knowing, and he.
Speaker 1: Is out there, I know he's one of those actresses that's going to be listening. Okay, ready Michael Sudro's and star actress. I'm like, oh my god, he would want to be called an actress. He would, and we'll call you an actress.
Speaker 2: I kind of wanted to be by to call the star because I know he would call you as soon as he heard this and'd be like, what the fuck was that about? No, of course, I mean we have a scene. We have so many scenes in the show where where like supposed to be like really acting, and we did one where we were supposed to be like screaming at each other. And I remember after the first take, I was like, oh shit, you're actually like good. I was like, don't do that.
Speaker 1: How dare you don't be all being all good?
Speaker 2: I was like, not you earnestly acting right now? Like grow up.
Speaker 1: Younestly acting in the show. That's what we're paid to do.
Speaker 2: No, are you being hired to act trying to do it?
Speaker 1: I thought we were sort of doing this with a wink in and us. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had this bit on set where after like ten takes in multiple cover I would look at him and be like, guys, we should start doing we should do good. We should do a good take you guys and I see a good take, and I look at the crew and I would just be like, I'm gonna do a good one. Is really I wasn't. I also had this really fun bit that kind of bit me in the ass later, which is before every take with Michael and with a lot of the actors, but mainly Michael, I would like, as they're being like sound speeding and hammer speeding, I would literally look at me and be like, I think you have something on you and actually not just take you after Right before I take, I'd be like, Michael, I'm I'm just like I have to get off my chest. I'm really upset that you said this. Well, I'll tell you after this, or I'll be like, hey, Jordan had a note for you. He didn't give it to you.
Speaker 1: He'll probably come up after maybe after your coverage.
Speaker 2: And then Karma got it's kiss for me because then one time I was filming with Kim and we had our like comfort shoes because if our feet weren't in it, we were like, why not wear crocs and shit, And so I remember I was wearing like these platform purple crocs with like butterfly little like whether those like sticker things.
Speaker 1: Are those little bit embellishers.
Speaker 2: Forget what they're called. They have a funny, quirky cut, like.
Speaker 1: They're going POGs or something. What are those that called?
Speaker 2: Are those?
Speaker 1: I just turned to my engineer dog and likes to gibbs there gibbing, Doug, would you have known what a gibbet was in a croc show? Absolutely not?
Speaker 2: Okakay, well then the listener's at home you can imagine. But anyway, so Kim, right before I take where we're supposed to have like this inspirational speech with each other, she just like looked down at my feet, saw the crocs and laughed and then it was like action and I was like, just laughed at my laughed at She like did like a full like take of my body, saw my feet and laughed, and I was like, I think I get to go to gay Heaven now.
Speaker 1: I think that's what this moment means. Oh my god, were you gagged when you found out that Glamorous was gonna premiere the same day as just like that? And do you think it was planned?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm speaking from the place of no authority, like no one communicated with me. I've dodo this to be fact. I do believe it is true. I mean, come on, because why, I mean, I can't imagine anyone in the planning of that was like, we had no can you imagine when I will say, I know that we were The show was supposed to come out like the end of May, beginning of June, and then something happened, and I remember hearing that it was getting moved, and then it got announced the same week and it was gonna be the same day.
Speaker 1: So that to me feels like they heard I have to and we're like because also it's like sort of rich to have her out there doing press at the same time as all the Sex and the City people, and also the announcement that she's going to be back on the show.
Speaker 2: Which none of us knew about. You didn't know, no, I mean, it was truly the experience of watching all that unfold was completely authentic to me. Like I was so gagged and so stunned, and I was doing press and they were being like, we're so excited that the secret was finally out. I was like, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: You think.
Speaker 2: Kim was calling me being like, I've got an idea, I'm going back, Like I.
Speaker 1: Don't think I wasn't running it by you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she didn't get the call from HBO, call Pat Fields and then me like it wasn't that speaking.
Speaker 1: Of So this is the bit that I have about I'm just like that on the show. Okay'm ready. So the first season just like that, And let me just say, massive fan of Sex and the City as we all are. And then and just like that happens last season and there was like the chay of it all and the sort of you know, new Sex and the City two point zero as it were, to the point where it's not even really Sex and the City anymore, it fully is, And just like that, it's really more of an hour long drama with these characters and more. My bit was that the first season was written by the third graders. And what I mean by that is that it's as if this was the scenario a teacher came into class and said to a group of third graders, Okay, everyone, today, we're gonna be writing an episode of TV and here are the characters, and whatever you do by the end of the day is what's gonna go on. And here are the rules you have to do an episode of Sex and the City. Now I know you guys are probably a little little for that. Maybe not no, but here's what it is. And they got all the information and by the end of the day as a group wrote an episode of television and that is what we see on screen. And I loved that about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would not hear any criticism about that first season.
Speaker 1: No, no.
Speaker 2: I literally was like, I respect your decision to have that opinion. But I was like, I will be tuning in every single.
Speaker 1: And let me say with energy, I put it on every week and I was like, thank God, my show is on. It's not Sex in the City. I've left it behind. We are in and just like that now where we are dealing with Miranda screaming from the depths of the bottom of her stomach as she orgasms. Because Jay is the best finger blaster in the world. They are the best at what they do. They could teach a college course and how to finger and pleasure a woman. Yeah, and I'm here and I'm on board. I was acclimating to the new characters. I kind of liked the drama with BIG's death and Carrie's grieving. I thought sarahj Justsica turned it this season. Mama Honey, girl, there's nothing happening.
Speaker 2: My mind is just blown how much Carrie's not in it. That's like truly the number one thing that's blowing my mind, Like I really when I watch it at home, like the number one thing that we say is just like where is Carrie during all of this?
Speaker 1: Like she's so cut off from the rest of everyone, I guess, and this is the problem. I think, like just like with the background and TV writing that I have, and like, just like from someone who watches and tries to enjoy a lot and like observe a lot, I think what's happening is there's just too many fucking characters.
Speaker 2: There's so many characters. I love that everyone's getting to have their storylines. Like if I was on the show, I would be so thrilled to have like my own substory, but like watching it, I'm just like, oh my gosh, there's so there's like minutes that go by where we never see the original three girls, and it's like we want to see the girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know who's really suffering is Charlotte. Poor Charlotte, Like she doesn't have a storyline.
Speaker 2: Which I don't know how you feel about the original sex and the City. But I feel like when I first watched it and when people would talk about it, I feel like Charlotte never got enough props for like how much he carried the comedy in the show course, and then I rewatched it before I filmed Glamorous. I literally was like Charlotte's kind of like comedic powerhouse character of this show. Like she a lot of the time, like everyone has like earnest storylines, and then she's doing like physical bits and like face bits and like, so I love the character of Charlotte. So watching the show, I'm like, give me Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I guess like for me, it's like when you're watching a sitcom like Sex and the City, It's like it actually breaks down pretty mathematically, like you have Carrie is gonna carry the a story, so she's gonna drive the narrative, and then really the second character that gets that's really like more of the second lead like in terms of like getting the dramatic aft is Miranda, So like she'll encompass a lot of those dramatic themes and that's why you see her continue to get a lot in like an hour long drama version of this show, because we're used to seeing that character in three dimensionality, you know what I mean, Whereas like Samantha and Charlotte were sort of two sides of this coin where it was like we're living in prude, yuppie world and then we're living in like horror like you know, superhero professional world, and like those are two different sides of Carrie's personality that tug of war. So without the Samantha, it's hard to really enjoy Charlotte. And when there's so many new characters coming out without a defined thing, it just feels like we're living in the sea of people. So we have Carrie doing what she's doing, Miranda doing what she's doing, and then the rest of them sort of occupying the bottom and it's like none of them are served by it.
Speaker 2: I really think the show like not even adjusting any of the storylines. I know people have so many thoughts on like how the character stories are actually going about, like just structurally speaking. The two things that I think would make the show have like the most magic possible that I'm like I was counting on for season two. I hope if season three comes around that they will do this. But like the first is that I think there needs to be because Sex and the City this so well was a thematic thing every episode, so like, yes, if the topic was being the one, then it's like everyone needs to have their own story pertaining to that. And I feel like the new season, like there's sometimes an episode where I'm like, I don't know what it's about, what it's like, what the end of the results of that. I enjoy it and I'm like having fun watching it, but I'm like, I don't know what the intention of this episode was and the other thing, and I know that they intentionally don't want to do this because of the fact that they want to make it a new show. I want it be like I'm in a writer's remote. I'm like pitching. I'm like this would you Michel Patrick?
Speaker 1: But this is part of being a queer person watching the show is it's like we do have ownership.
Speaker 2: I'm doing more press for and just like that that I'm doing for Glamorous if I being odists because I'm like, well, we know.
Speaker 1: The two feed each other famously. They accept, but they're absolutely obsessed with and I said.
Speaker 2: If they want they love a transor non binary actor on and just like that, if they want someone, I will come in, I will move mountains, I will do anything.
Speaker 1: Did you believe Marcomhea exists in the same world of and just like that? Do you think it's the same universe? I do? I mean I find it that way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, in the original versions of the script there were sex and the City references, which, like obviously with Kim being attached, kind of had to be moved around, I would imagine, because it would have been like listen, where can be fun show? But there's something really weird about the idea of Kim saying sex and the City as a different character, like referring to the show Tod. Yeah, but I mean, I well, I just got like.
Speaker 1: Chills thinking about it. I don't like it. I gotta love it, though maybe I do love it. Maybe that's why I got chills. It's gonna be like a multiverse thing. Kim Krall, she did like everything everywhere, all at once. Yeah, that's one way I'm still open to the multiverse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's like there's three multiverses. I'm seeing I'm seeing sex in the city, I'm seeing glamorous, and I'm seeing I'm Kim Katrall scouting that specific video is its own universe. When that Kim katrall in that video leaves that scatting world, it's a different COVID never happened there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, a world where Kim Katrol, actual Kim Katrol, Madeline and Samantha Jones were all in the room together. I want the Hollywood Report, a round table.
Speaker 2: I will pay for that. I will produce that.
Speaker 1: She can make it happen. Yeah, but yeah, So basically, like I'm watching the show and I just want to say something, like something really struck me. So I'm watching it just like that. And of course I could go in now on like the Chay of it all. Like it's just so the Chae Miranda relationship is so not fun to watch. It's weird. It's weird.
Speaker 2: I want to love it because on paper, I'm like that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, But like the thing is, like I think that what they've done with Chay that I don't think they intended to do is Chay is so unlikable. I don't like Chree.
Speaker 2: It's got to be the writing there, because there's moments where I'm like, I like see like a flash of what the point is. Yeah, but then they have moments where like if there's conflict between Miranda and Chay, I just like don't believe that anyone would respond in an argument in that way exactly, And so like I never know what. Like in the first season, I feel like we're gonna talk about it. I just like that this whole pot I know. Literally, I'm so happy to do that. Literally, I'm totally okay to never talk about anything that I do. But to me, like the first season, Chay was very like fuck boy, just like, yeah, all my cards are on the table, and I liked that. I was like, okay, cool, We're seeing Miranda like pursue this like never ending like pursuit or whatever. But then in season two now it feels like Chay is like also like in pursuit of something that they can't get. So like it's just weird thing where I'm like, you guys on paper should just be happy, yeah, but for some reason something is not happening.
Speaker 1: I think that what's happening is they are trying to make Chay one of the main characters of the show. Like we're seeing Chay get their own scenes like in the dressing room where there's a concern about Chay's weight from a producer things like that.
Speaker 2: That's pretty serious, right.
Speaker 1: I think what the show is losing is the fact that like we have to stay with the main character.
Speaker 2: We stay with the girls, and like stay everyone else can be a part of it, but like you have to put Miranda in that fitting. Yes, we have to see them Miranda through her eyes. Because the whole thing of Sex and the City, to like take it to like a biblical way, it's like we are all of those girls, all of us, my girl.
Speaker 1: It's literally like the quadrants of personality. Why it's like four. It's like not to bring this in, but it's like that's why they separate the Hogwarts houses, you know what I mean, Like the Sex and the City girls, Like there's four, you know what I mean. It's like you can quadrant it in a way that makes sense, you know what I mean. And so when we're split into a million different directions. And also they're changing the characters a lot, it's like, of course, women over time, they change, they grow, but they are centrally who they are and that's important in storytelling.
Speaker 2: And so like when if we started crying right now, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: We are and one thing that you don't know about, miss Benning, and I is this is how we cry, like we're really crying hard, but anyway, like losing the characters. Yes, but the one thing I really wanted to talk about and this is important to me as a podcaster. Okay, so when Carrie he gets an ad that has to read in her podcast for a feminine odor product and can't wrap her head around it after.
Speaker 2: You already has sex column for decades.
Speaker 1: Honey, you first of all, let me give you a glimpse into what podcasting is. You're getting that you just fucking read it. Yeah, you just fucking read it. There's no integrity involved. Do they put it in front of you, You read it, and you make your check and you go the fuck home. And if anyone should know that it's Carrie fucking Bradshaw, it blew my mind. It was mind blowing. And I also just love that she was like, wow, we got a week off of work or like whatever, and I was like, these people is it?
Speaker 2: Like you literally have scenes where her people that she works, they're like all of her colleagues are literally like please do this ad and She's like, it's just not my style. And I'm like, honey, that blew my mind.
Speaker 1: It was It's just like who is this woman? You know what I mean? Like, and it's just such a misunderstanding of how it all works. And then for the podcast company to fold because it's like quote unquote tough for podcasts right now.
Speaker 2: It's not also that one ad broke them, like we don't do vagina, lubricate, well, pack it up.
Speaker 1: We're all going like look around at this budgeted like podcast studio. Also, the guy, the podcast producer, she was fucking was hot, but there was nothing there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I'm also like I'm kind of miss on sex in the City. I feel like the men were like really objectified in a way that I really rotate them out. They were rotated. They were also like naked a lot. Like I feel like when we saw Steve's I will never forget seeing Steve like laying on his stomach and see and being like, oh, this is made for me, Like this is what I want to see. And I feel like there's like not as much sex appeal and the men in the show, and the men are attractive, so I'm like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just not They're not being utilized in that way, it feels like a neutered version of the show, which is bizarre.
Speaker 2: It's strange to have a show like based around I guess it's not based on sex anymore, but like, I want to see this.
Speaker 1: We got we got lots of good ass and glamorous.
Speaker 2: We did get some good ass and glamorous, and we didn't know how much was going to make it because we shot every scene that we did that had nudity. We shot it like at every stage of nudity.
Speaker 1: I see you got the PG version.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did all of them just in case, and they used most of them. Like I was actually really shocked to find out that there was a lot of butt in the show.
Speaker 1: Oh yea, there's so much butt the show in quality but too Yeah. And also like I just love when you have a gay director and they framed the ass in the shot, Like David Warren, who directed the PROVINCETI episode, if he thinks that people don't know what he was doing with Zane Phillips' ass in that scene where he Zane is standing on the diving board and it's like we're all in the foreground, like playing in the pool, and then it's just Zane's like fifteen out of ten ass just like standing on the diving board. I was just like, it's so funny because he's so gorgeous that you just laugh. It's almost not human. Like I talked to him about this one time.
Speaker 2: I was like, he's so sexy that it's like there's no sex to me anymore. Like I literally am like he's so I've now like just see him as like, oh, you're like an action figure.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: It was also funny because Marco, like Netflix had this like really funny attitude towards Marco where it was like Marco's like having sex and doing drugs and like doing all these young adult things, but also like Marco's a sweetheart. We need to like protect Marco. It's like a little virginal.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, you're like, no, Marco's a whore. No.
Speaker 2: I was like, literally, Marco is like fucking around show. It's crazy. And anytime everyone else had to be naked, I was like always the most covered up to the point that it created this narrative on set that people were like, if you're not comfortable, you can keep your shirt on into seat.
Speaker 1: I remember just what to be naked to see me.
Speaker 2: I was my body to be out. There's like a whole we shot. The we did like an underwear party sequence and it's like one hundred extras in jockstraps and then us in our little tidy white's and they were just telling us to do stuff. So it was like go to the DJ booth and stand on this desk and like dance into a shot. And then at one point they had Michael c Rosen walking down a line of background actors, kissing them on the cheek, and then me on a stripper pole and I'm supposed to be like dancing on and we were so fatigued and tired because you know, and Eve ben filming in a hot steo for so long and eventually you're just like saying.
Speaker 1: Whatever they asked or like sure.
Speaker 2: So I like did like a minute long take where I like I did things that God would not be proud of. And I remember the note I got back the next day was that Netflix watched the dailies and we're like, so miss Binny on a pole that was a lot and I was like, sorry, I did not mean and it was used for half a second in the cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's why you give them options. Yeah, I'm going to give you what it feels like I was doing to actually be up on this pole. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, listen, if we get one sex moment in the show where someone gets to be an absolute whore, I'm going to claim it.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget getting to set. I think Joel and I ended on set, and I think you guys had like just done that very acrobatic like sex sequence. Oh yeah, you and Graham had, like I guess, like really went for it.
Speaker 2: Like we had like five days of just sex and making out, which was cut into a thirty second montage, And it was so funny because me and Graham up to that point were very friendly, but we hadn't really like had like a moment yet because we hadn't really shot anything very intimate like that. And then like day four of just like consistently making out and being like oiled up because like he was always naked, so he's like oiled up in body makeup. I have like heels and ruffles on because once again and they will not let me show any inch of skin. And I know there's actually a scene where and I remember fighting with the director about this because it was so crazy. But I'm supposed to completely take off that whole outfit in the scene, and so every time we reset, I had to literally like re button and reput on everything and then take it all off again. And I was like being an actor so.
Speaker 1: Hard, an actor faking sex.
Speaker 2: And also the famous story from that is that so Graham is naked, naked, barefoot, like dripping out of the shower and I'm wearing these Alexander McQueen shoes with these three spikes on the end that are like legitimately weapons, and I kept telling everyone on set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you heard him right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, these will hurt somebody, like, please be careful. And then in the scene, because Marco's the top, I'm supposed to like whip him around and push him down, and I remember we did like twenty takes of it, and then the last take, I like pulled him in for the kiss, and when I whipped him around, I heard a pop, as if someone had stepped on a balloon. And then when I pushed him down, he had like a wind on his face, and I was like, I just I thought I did good and maybe the kiss wasn't featuring like I was like wondering why he looked so like distraught, and then we looked down and there was like a puddle of blood.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It stepped on the spikes and I essentially twisted him onto the spikes and then tiled the girl.
Speaker 1: I did. Yeah, and then not just in a twin top way. I know.
Speaker 2: Lots of them, pale, yeah, sex, montagement, a lot of things in that in that element, And to this day he still has like a three prong scar on the bottom of his FID shut the fuck up, And I think he owns a part of Netflix now, I think that was part of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was it. It's like years ago I heard a story about like, well I won't say what massive theme park it was, but a friend of mine went, Dolly was it wasn't, sorry, Dolly, no injuries have ever happened there. I'm sure she just clicked off of this. Now. She was like, by the way, you're a star, Dolly. But someone I guess was at this like massive theme park chain and like you know those like umbrellas that you put in a hole on a table so like if it's really windy, it could come out of the hole. Ostensibly so I guess the the umbrella. The umbrella flew out of the hole because a gust of wind came and you know the top of those umbrellas have those pointy tops, So it flew over and lodged into my friend's little brother's head, okay. And it was the kind of thing where it went into his skull, and it was the kind of thing where it was like, oh wow, this traumatic thing has just happened, and I feel no pain, right, And so first they came over and took care of it. And apparently they get to go to that theme park now for the rest of their lives for free, as long as they don't ever say anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I won't say so you're telling this tor right now. They like are at that theme park right now being removed, and they're like, you talk.
Speaker 1: Well, you shouldn't have told your fucking blabbermouth gay friend.
Speaker 2: Right with the podcast radio mouth over here. I know, period, that is crazy. It was completely insane. Actually, I see those umbrellas that are like locked into the table. I'm like, this is a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Crazy, It's just like it's too much. There's got to be a better way. I literally watched.
Speaker 2: I was at the beach the other day and somebody had one of those umbrellas you like screw into this hand and it had come out and was like flew over and literally almost impaled somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it happens. You're like, happens to me all the time, all the time. You get used to it. You can't have fun anywhere these baby malleble baby, speaking of speaking of formative experiences, like the traumatic experience that my friend's little brother went through. Right, We're going to transition out to this part of the podcast, which is really the central question of this podcast, And I'm thrilled that I get to talk to you about this because I know it's going to be a thrilling, engrossing answer, which is Miss Benny, what was the culture that made you say culture was for you? This is that thing that you can look back and you're like, when I consume this culture, Sure, when I was privy to this pop culture, that's when I can pinpoint me becoming who I am.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited to say this because I'm curious if you were also this person. But for me, it was always, always, always, I could sim off one hundred stories about America's Next Time Model.
Speaker 1: Oh come on.
Speaker 2: Particularly, one of my earliest trans thoughts and memories that should have like illuminated everything to me was when I was a kid, I would watch the show and I would dream of and not dream of in a way of like that would be fun. It's like I originally was like, this will happen for me. I was like, I'm going to be on this show. I'm going to be one of the contestants. And I remember I would tell that to people and they'd be like, oh, if they ever had like boys to the cast, and I was like, what the fuck is.
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: Was like that literally is don't talk, don't talk, you are ton't invest, don't talk.
Speaker 1: I was like, We're not doing that.
Speaker 2: And then when they actually eventually added boys to the show, I stopped watching. I was like, Yeah, this is the show. I wanted to be one of the girls.
Speaker 1: I want to go to Rome.
Speaker 2: I wanted to like do all of the Tyra banks like Trauma, Shananigan.
Speaker 1: You want to do Gosties, Yes, I wanted.
Speaker 2: To go on the go Sies and have them tell me that I'm too Southern, Like that's what I wanted. I wanted to go to after all of those and go booked, like I wanted to have my confessional moment. I wanted to like hook up with a boy in Italy and cry about it, like I wanted to have the whole thing. And then it was also my first time I ever saw gay people, the first time I ever saw a transperson with Isis King, and I remember her experience on the show that time in television was just crazy. And obviously America's ex Model was very famously like when people watch it back, they're gagged at what made it on TV at the.
Speaker 1: Time problematic culture, but it was formative.
Speaker 2: Culture, formative, and I remember Isis on the show specifically was the first time I ever heard of what being trans was. And it was crazy because she was like met with so much blatant transphobia. I mean, they were just like zooming in on her body in very crazy ways during like all of these photo shoots, and I remember just being like, this is insane that they're treating her this way, but also feeling like I'm so I like see myself in this person for the first time, and she was like one of the girls, one of the models, and like I remember, it was just like so cool to me to watch queer people on a show like that, And it was like somehow able to be like sneak that into my like conservative Christian household because my sister liked it and it was seen as like a girly thing. So if I watched it, it was like, oh, that's just because it's on. Yeah, it's one might as well. But I fully like with the little digital camera we had, I would like hang things on my body and like pose And I remember Eva and Cycle three like had this famous photo with this transl onnic where her hands like cascading over her eye and.
Speaker 1: Maybe the best picture ever taken on that series.
Speaker 2: To this day. If someone's ever like be Fierce, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's the little v over the eye.
Speaker 2: Huh, which is like, by the way, what are the corniest posts you could possibly.
Speaker 1: That's maybe why I like it so much, just because those girls they see in the comedy queed literally literally wow, okay wait. The fact that you were the only one on set that understood when I said.
Speaker 2: Came from there's so many particularly by favor with you is you were one of the only people that understand my like random drag race preferences because everyone can do the like back rolls moms.
Speaker 1: But I remember I was.
Speaker 2: Like, let's take a second to see how this goes, right.
Speaker 1: And I was, oh, please, because there's nothing more important to me, and we will get back to the top model. But like, the thing I think is the funniest thing in the world is Cadence's like when people say things a certain way, like the choice of Alroy, Like to me, it's like I will always say to Bow and I'll just go Orroy and I can say that sort of knowing what it is, like some people in my life sort of knowing what it is. But I do have to always remind people. The one time I did not have to remind people where it was from, was you.
Speaker 2: My best friend Buddy always makes funny because if I say something with a particular Cadence and he doesn't recognize what it's from, He's like, what, like two thousand and eight reality show, I'm constantly doing from top motto. There's a moment where I think it's cycles stick. It is whatever Nicole's season was, but she there's an argument between Lisa and this other girl who I'm forgetting the name of right now and she he literally is like calling her out for something. They were goes and what are you doing, stupid alcoholic bitch. I say that if someone's ever like, oh, Benny, You're like you're in the wrong lane or something, I'll be like, and what are you doing? It's my favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 1: There were so much from that show that like remained in pop culture, not even just as like you know, a funny tyre thing or like a funny thing about the contestants, but just reality show culture, Like there are two beautiful girls standing in front of me, I only have one photo in my hands, you know what I mean? Like study and I always go. My friend Sudi and I always go, like whenever we have to like say something, I always do.
Speaker 2: And if I'm talking about anything to do with Brazil.
Speaker 1: There's something about the season with Melrose and Carrie D which is my favorite. Unhinged. Those girls were out well, they were completely insane. Carrie D was completely remember the runway, the final runway, which was them like screaming down the hall. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were doing this like Alexander McQueen screeching thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was insane.
Speaker 2: I love that show.
Speaker 1: And I know it was amazing.
Speaker 2: I know that it's aged in such a crazy way, but there's just nothing quite like the moment where I forget the name of the girl who literally like faints in the middle of the yes yes, yes, yes, yes, and then they just like resume judging afterwards, Like it is the craziest I think.
Speaker 1: Tyro was like, and this is the reason why we drink water. Okay, keep it going.
Speaker 2: She's like when I was a model working backstage, if I fainted, I just went out there and I fainted on stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I made it part of the show.
Speaker 2: Also, just the pop culture of every single time they makeovers came Tyra being like, you're gonna have a pixy cut like Mia Farroh, and you're gonna have long, straight hair like Naomi Campbell. Ye always talked so highly of Naomi, which was so wild when you were also a fan of like the Tyra Banks show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh I loved it. I ate it all. I mean, one of the great YouTube videos you can go back and rewatch is the Tyro Naomi interview.
Speaker 2: But there's no audience and it's literally just them too, just like.
Speaker 1: Just like the way they couldn't get there, and they had to clearly like have a commercial break, and the producers had to say to Naomi like, hey, like we definitely need some resolution here, like it's going to be really bad. I dream I actually thought about I do apologize, yeah, And she's like, I don't know what fool, but I apologize, like's not that deep? I it's not that deep. Is a moment in culture, so good.
Speaker 2: And I Also my favorite quote from that too is when Tyler's talking about something that Naomi said a photoshot. She's like, you came over to me and you said, you know what you said? And Amy goes, what did I say?
Speaker 1: What did I say?
Speaker 2: It's so fiir. She's like excited, She's like kaking about it. What did I She's like, where did I get you it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? How did I get you together that day? Little girl?
Speaker 2: And then I think it was that she had said something of like I heard what you were saying about me earlier, bitch, and then like walked away, and I'm like, okay, first of all, if I said that to somebody, it would absolutely be funny, Like it would be a joke. I'd be like, I heard what you said about me.
Speaker 1: That's what I love about being not that's what I love about being queer. But like the thing is like like pride is over man and and like I said, I am sobbing full and like this is the thing about me. But that is something at least that is like gifted to us. Is It's like nothing is ever that serious, like unless it is. But like if I came over to you during a take and was like I heard what you said about me, you fucking bitch, I know you would laugh, yeah, of course. Wellas back in the model days of Tyra and Naomi there was no laughing.
Speaker 2: There was nowhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then just to like really, I mean the pinnacle of like pop model personalities was Jade because how could you ever top that, I mean, proto type villain. I wonder where she is now. I would love you to have her on the pod if you haven't already, like that would it would be iconic. She understood reality TV before I think people understood how to do reality TV. It was like, oh, you're in Tiffany Pollard, Like it was like two people who understood how to do this.
Speaker 1: And can we just say justice for all of these mostly women who got the bad rap of like, oh, she's a villain, she's the quote unquote bitch. Like whatever, no, no, no, what they were doing was giving you something to watch. It's like, if you go back, this is probably before your time too, but like years and years and years ago, I know you're a Survivor Queen Jerry Manthe on the second season of Survivor Australian Outback. She was like aspiring actress. She she did well in the competition. She was unabashedly horny, she was devious, she was like one of the girls cackling. She was making up lies about other people. She said that one of the tell me literally. And she did well, and she had such a bad reputation at the time in the media because she was like, you know, like the vixen and like the bitch goddess of the island and like the villain and the antagonist. Meanwhile, if she competed on Survivor today, people would be like, that's genius that you made everyone think he smuggled in beef jerky. That's amazing you told that personally said something bitchy about them, because that's how you win. Now, cut on these antagonists, these girls that were doing the show and getting in each other's heads and doing reality television. Yeah that got this bad rap at the time and probably couldn't leave the house would be celebrated today, and we celebrate them on this party.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. And I feel like gay people have like always been a little in on that. Like I was just okay, this is crazy. But when I was with Zaane last night, we were at some party that Parverty was at.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Parverty is very around. I watched the finale of Survival with Parverty this year. Oh my god, so you're a blessed child. That is so lucky of you. Did you get to engage with Parverty? Yes?
Speaker 2: And the person who was hosting this party was like, Hey, I know this is funny, but this is real. I've hidden like a hidden immunity idle at this party and so whoever finds it. I don't rember what the like prize actually was, but I was like, you have to find it, and so me, of course, me and Zaye were like, we will.
Speaker 1: All over the house. Wait, this happened last night.
Speaker 2: This happened last night.
Speaker 1: Because this same thing happened at the finale party. I was at her with I'm wondering if this is something she does at party.
Speaker 2: She does because she knows we want it, because when we met her, we were like skirting around the fact that we're all like this is a fivate legit, like this is crazy. And so the next thing, like Parvety's like giving us tips on where to look, like she like had heard notes and hints that were given, and so like then it looks like we're just like robbing this person's house because I'm like, you're.
Speaker 1: Like in the bathroom going through cabinets now.
Speaker 2: But listen, Like if somebody who's hosting a party and by the way, didn't know the host before this, if somebody's housing a party that you're going to and you don't know them very well, and they tell you I've hitden a hatmmunity to ido you need to find it, You're then negotiating with yourself like how serious can I take this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just carte blanche because I'm going through your pills.
Speaker 2: We opened the microwave, like yeah, like going through drawers, Like there was a room that was closed and I was like do I go in there? Like I was like, I don't know what the rules you would Parverty and then guess what. About an hour into it, I went up to the host and asked for another hint and was like, I think, I know it's probably over here, and they were like, somebody found it, and I think it was Poverty.
Speaker 1: I really do well. She's so good at that.
Speaker 2: And so then we went up to Parvety and we were like, but whoever gets it, I'll probably isn't gonna tell anyone about it, right, And she was like, yeah, I've heard that that's probably the right way to do it.
Speaker 1: Isn't it funny? Like when you meet Poverty in person and she like, is Parverty? Yes, you know what I mean? Like it's been years since she was on the show, but it's giving part.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's perfect. She's perfect every season I've watched with her in it. I'm just like, how if I was in that competition and she was there, I would sacrifice myself for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and anyway I'd be like she is one of them too, though, like because she also was like on Survivor at that time. Yeah, where now I think looking back and I think, like true Survivor fans like always do think of her as one of the greats, obviously because she is. But at the time I remember her first season like, yeah, which is cook Islands, she was looked at as like, oh, she's the flirtatious one, like her game is not to be taken seriously, et cetera, to the point where I remember when she came back for Micronesia, which she ended up winning again, everyone was like, oh, we know her game already, like it doesn't work. Then it worked beautifully. And at what I love is seeing girls come on the show and try to do the poverty thing and I'm like, girl, you could never be party, you could never be watched to.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite thing is when you people are like what kind of game do you think you're gonna play? Because you know, I watch all the pre interviews and people are like, I think I'm gonna be like poverty. I'm like, shut up.
Speaker 2: The thing about Poverty that watching it, that truly it gets me every time, is like she somehow has this like aura of I'm like so clued in, but I also don't give a fuck. Yeah, she truly like knows how to give somebody just enough attention in a way that does and that's something that I absolutely don't have as a person, like I fully will give way too much to somebody because I'm like, this is what you want, right, But she like in every conversation she had, she just felt like she was like, we're the cool one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's never done too much in her life.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think she even knows what that feels like. And so every time I watch her, I was just like taking like social notes on how to speak to people.
Speaker 1: She's so good, social notes that you probably were not taking during Top Model because they were the collection of the craziest people in America.
Speaker 2: No, I think Top Model like formed me and then parverties me trying to unform. Yeah, yeah, I'm trying to like take what I have and likes it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So America's Top Model culture like that was formative. Do you have just to throw out there? Do you have a picture in your mind of who the best not winner, but contestant and in America's next Top Model history is like who is the most iconic? And it can be a winner who.
Speaker 2: Is the most iconic? Oh that's a hard one. I do feel like when people post clips of Top Model obviously like not of Tyra. I feel like it is Jade, Like I do feel like it has to be her. I feel like I remember vividly the warfare when Alis and Harvard did not win her season of Psychoto, and I remember just how scary it was to be a Top Model fan at that time, because it felt like our.
Speaker 1: World who was scared of? I was scared.
Speaker 2: I was scared. Yeah, I think that, like I'd never seen like a fan favorite on that show more than her, and I've met her a couple of times. Down every single time she Like you know when you meet someone that like you really admire their famous and they've like worked on something years ago and you don't want to like ask them about it, so you just like talk to them and they like refer to this thing that they did and they're like, oh, yeah, I did this show and I was like twenty that was like super crazy and now.
Speaker 1: You have to like be like oh cool, Like oh wow, what was the what was it?
Speaker 2: Then they're like, oh, it's like a America's Next Time Model And you're like, oh that's so yeah, I've seen that.
Speaker 1: So did you play that game or were you you did? Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm of course that girl. Are you kidding me.
Speaker 1: Again, you are being part of you could not give too much.
Speaker 2: No, I can't because it'd be too much to give too much.
Speaker 1: I always I feel like it's better now to just be like I saw this thing, I know this thing.
Speaker 2: You're really good at that though, I will say, like when you meet the girls, you're really good about just being like I worship you and we can move on.
Speaker 1: I feel because I feel like it does get it out of the way, because then all of a sudden you realize you're like drained. Later when you're trying, especially like when you yourself are meeting someone like and then they revealed like I've been on dates very good where thank you so much. I've been on dates period. Okay, end of podcasts, no, but like I've been on dates and like it'll be like the third or fourth date that someone will be like, hey, I just feel at this point it's a little weird, and I want to tell you like I do listen to the podcast weird, or I do watch this show, or I do know this movie, or I do know this thing, or even sometimes like I've actually been to your shows, and at that point I'm just like see and now being on that side of it. Now, I really know, just tell people the knowledge that you have.
Speaker 2: You have to acknowledge it.
Speaker 1: They move on because all of a sudden, it's like honey.
Speaker 2: Because then it feels like they've been hiding something from you. Yeah, and it's like, well now I feel like looking back at every interaction, I'm like, this was all colored by you knowing me versus I would have just known that before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting. I would never think like, oh, what was your motive until now, Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's creepy. I'm so sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 1: Are you partnered up right now? Are you booing? You know? She's Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, answer, it's so crazy of me.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have this like she's taken care of she you know that I know about the that was so sorry. You know, she's having orgasms. She's very and just like that. But you know what's so funny is I have this like because of the era that I became like privy to pop culture, I'm like so burned in my brain with two thousand and eight logic where I'm like, when you're a public figure, you need to be like so open. People need to feel like they could have you if they knew you. Okay, talk about this because you know how like think about like Justin Bieber or like any of these like pop stars. Early on, it was always like you want the audience to feel like you're attainable and if you were like dating something. I mean I think of a lot of these like boy bands and pop stars who like it was always like, oh, you know, I don't really talking about it, Ariana Grande being like.
Speaker 1: You know, just flirting. Yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: And so I have that burned in my brain, which is like not how it is now to the point that like if I go on a date with anyone, or I meet anyone or anything's going on, like I hold that so close to my chest, like the world is banging on the door to know anything about my life. It's so right. And I will say the weird thing now about being like on the like weird like Z list of gay famous is like the ways that people recognize me and know of me previously are so weird where it's like if I go to like Forever twenty one, someone will know me. If I go to like a max store, someone will know me. But people also like grew up with my music and my YouTube videos. Yeah yeah, to the point that now, like even on like the apps, someone will message me and be like, oh my god, I grew up with your music or whatever, like it's so great, and then they like send the folder and I'm like that is the strangest segue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like I don't know what to do. It's like, hey, I don't think so, honey, if this is not actually you, ha ha oh yeah. And then you see their hole yeah, and I'm like, oh my god. It's like if you sat on Santa's lap and we're like, well, you're doing liter.
Speaker 1: And I just want to let you know that I grew up with you. I've been leaving. She's out for you all my life. Here's a picture of me sliding into someone else. I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then it's like a voice message Santa. Yeah, Santa's hot.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: I guess now I'm humanizing I'm Santa. I guess in this context, would she fuck Sannah?
Speaker 1: Yeah you would. Yeah, I mean you have to remember game. I'm like, but.
Speaker 2: Imagine the steps to this moment. Yeah, I would need to know, like this isn't a Santa personate. I need to know, like this is real Santa's reo.
Speaker 1: First of all, well, first of all, let's let's exist in mall logic, right, So when you go to the mall, that logic, yeah that's Sanah. So like just know when you meet Santa, that is Santa. Yeah, okay, period, Absolutely I would the dick of death. I would take the dick of death from Santa. I am ready for Sana. I think he gives the dick of death.
Speaker 2: I think so probably Yeah, he says he ho ho, that's so true.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's faithful in missus Claus. I think there's no way he's what faithful to missus Claus.
Speaker 2: I think they're open. And I think she's plugging up at home too.
Speaker 1: You think so, yeah, she got it.
Speaker 2: Listen, think about the North Pole, think about all of these like workers that grow up. They can't always work in the twenty factory.
Speaker 1: So years and years and years ago. This is back in the day when like doing comedy, when I was in like you know, the late aughts, like Twine twenty ten, like this is when I was like starting to like do comedy. And one of the things that was very sort of common about doing comedy at that time was like you would do a comedy rap. So years ago I wrote a comedy rap that actually does exist online. It's called When Santa Leave, and it's about when Santa leaves the North Pole, how high everyone gets because it's a celebration. And there was a verse that I wrote as Missus Clause and it was sort of talking about how what a horse she is, and.
Speaker 2: There was theme now and you're a creative process.
Speaker 1: All I want is writ everyone Christmas. She's she gets. It was literally like you get in a North Pole. I got a tight hole. It was like the most like dra basic And again it was like I would never perform it again because again I don't think the world needs me to be rapping, but at the time it's just like I need you to lonely Island culture. It was like, yeah, we're rapping. That's combedy and so like I just ripped this viciously horrish line as Missus Claus and I continue to talk about her and my Christmas content. I'm fascinated by her, but I hope she's getting fucked. I hope so too.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's the thing, like Missus Claws and Sanna are immortal, so they figured it out. They've got a system, I'm sure, Like I imagine they're not like new to this, they've had.
Speaker 1: A wait, that's actually at Culture R fifty. Missus Claus and Santa aren't new to this. Yeah, and that's the Christmas spirit they figured out. So you think that it's a little bit like, you know, maybe like Tom Cruisey.
Speaker 2: It's like, here's a question just amongst your question for the culture culture. Do you think they are in the open situation where they it's like out of sight, out of mind, like when he's gone, they can that's I preferred situation, okay, Or do you think they're more of like he goes and does it, she has her moment, and then they come home and they talk.
Speaker 1: About it there. I hope not.
Speaker 2: She can't lie though, because it'll be on the naughty list.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: So literally, he's like, what did you do last night? She goes, you don't want to know about it.
Speaker 1: And now all of a sudden, I really want to know about it. My god. I would imagine that with them, it's like there's no one else in the world for them, so there's no reason to not be brutally honest. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean, like I guess I'll say this, I would sleep with Sanna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't date Sanna. No, that's too much because first of all, he's so busy, always on the road, always on the road, and al so you know you're not the only girl. Yeah, and you don't catch feelings.
Speaker 2: You can't catch feelings?
Speaker 1: Do you catch feelings? Easy? You do? I don't know. I mean I can true coffee with Michael Sue Rosen and you're talking about it months later on.
Speaker 2: The podcast, and I did just say I would sleep with Sanna, So I guess.
Speaker 1: So it's giving horror. Yeah, it's giving easy. Yeah, said she is the discount doll everyone can purchase discount all maybe is a better title of app.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't really romanticize anyone. Yeah, I think truly, Like I think about when I first started dating, and I was like, I don't know, like like my best friend, for example, can be single for like a really long time and be so happy and like he's truly he's like such high standards, which I think is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I on the other hand, of like I am always booed up in some form, and so like for me, I'm like, what do you mean you can't find somebody that you like, love and enjoy? Like, yeah, I love everyone. I can enjoy anyone.
Speaker 1: My therapist threw at me the other day. Not the other day, this is a few months ago. She goes, I don't know, do you think maybe we're a little bit of a love addict? And I was like, uh, what do you mean? She was like, I think you might be addicted to the idea of and concept of being in love and being partnered in like that excitement, in that rush, which then did end up playing itself out in a way. Yeah. So now it's like when you know you're susceptible to that, it's actually good to know because like it's a lot of emotional energy and like you also know it's less about the person and it is you. You're looking for something, don't necessarily like think you're finding it everywhere.
Speaker 2: You know what It also is too, like I this isn't like a new thought, Like I definitely know people on like TikTok are talking about this, but it's like it's also the thing of I can entertain myself on a date, no matter what. If somebody's like not giving me anything, I can like make that fun for myself.
Speaker 1: And that's the part that I think is dangerous though, because when you're on a date and you're sort of thinking about it, like I'm going to crush this date. Yeah, that is different than connecting with a person and all of a sudden you leave and you're like that went well, and it's like, no, bitch, you turned it because you're the moment. I turned it out. You turned it because you're the moment, but you didn't like the person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congragulations, but engagulations.
Speaker 1: You are the winner of this challenge. Yeah, but there's no immunity now. Fully.
Speaker 2: I fully dated this boy one time for like it was like two or three dates, and I remember like being so gushy about him to my friends, but then like had I had no anecdotes or like stories to tell. I was just like, but I just feel so good on the dates. It's like, oh, it's because I'm doing it tight under ten, like I'm showing up and being like, you'll never believe it happened to me this way. Yeah, And I love that because I love me exactly. When you live for your fantasy.
Speaker 1: You are your own diva. You are the doll. Yes, and that's actually really culture number ninety nine. When you are your own diva, you are the doll. But this is just a question that I have because I do this all the time. Because I have this, I don't know if it's because I have a background in writing or because I'm a performer or whatever. I often will show up on dates and now I really try not to do this, but I used to show up on dates all the time with a line I was going to say. It was like a joke. I was open with an icebreaker. Are you giving rehearsed Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm in the same boat as you, where I have to try that for everything though, where it's like if I'm going, I mean, this is social anxiety.
Speaker 1: Hi, thank yeah, of course, thank you.
Speaker 2: I medica every situation I go into with like an opening icebreaker, and I'm trying to break that because then what happens is if it doesn't land, my life's over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the situation's done.
Speaker 2: If we had started this pod and like we didn't immediately start kiking right away, it would have been I would have left anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I was so excited you were coming. Is because I was like, I don't have to I feel like I could just show up with Ms Benning and just you know, it's the gusts. And I've always felt that about you. I've always felt that about you. You're my girl.
Speaker 2: We have like the weirdest I feel like upbringing. It is like social friends, because I feel like I met you at Betty Who. I saw you here and there, and then we ended Queen. Yeah, and then we randomly ended up at a Jessica Simpson book tour.
Speaker 1: Ohn, my god, do you remember that.
Speaker 2: And the Pita running on stage moment?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Quickly before we get into I don't think so, honey, we have to relive this moment. So we were we were at Jessica Simpson's what was she was? She was being interviewed by Katherine Schwarzenegger. Lots to unpack there. Who was married to Chris Pratt? Is she not anymore? Who is married to? I think they are so like Catherine was interviewing Jessica Simpson about her inspiring new book, Open Book, and you know, like the Qus we are we were like, we're absolutely going to this and I should have known.
Speaker 2: Of course that y'all would be there, and also the fact that it was like a two hour book Q and a moment and I don't believe anything was said no, but I loved it.
Speaker 1: There was then the moment where a peda person represented I almost a representative them, like they certainly were representing Petah. Let me tell you that. So they're giving a peta their mind, Peter, their minds. I'm gonna stand up and give you a peeda something Peter my heart take another little one. So basically they stand up like and they waited a long time, like this is like an hour long conversation. They waited what had to be like forty five minutes, OK. To then get up and scream at Jessica for using.
Speaker 2: Fur and was crazy because I don't know if you remember, but it was one person who was in like the middle of the aisle so like they couldn't really remove them. And then that person, I don't know how it got handled. And then like popcorn, they just showed up around every bunch they organized where they were sitting to where I didn't I thought you were going to stand up.
Speaker 1: I know, all of a sudden, can you the gag that would have been had I stood up and been like, hey, Jessica was like if I had been like.
Speaker 2: A crazy social anxity apply not.
Speaker 1: That they're crazy people, they have all the right in the world to do this, but like in the moment, I was.
Speaker 2: Just like, they're advocating for his great but I was scared of Jessica SIMPSONID like, why are we fighting Jessica Simpson at this moment? Yeah, in two thousand and whatever that was, But.
Speaker 1: I guess that's how you do it, you know what I mean, Like, you take your space in the moment to let people do go to Jessica up and you screamed, you sit there for hours, Yeah, make sure that you were not sitting near your friends, and then you make it a moment and honestly, I'll give it to him. That's what I remember about that night.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite part of the night. Also watching Jessica fully play it off. So while she was like literally on stage being like, I just love my book. My book is the reward that I love, Like.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and then don't you feel like after they were all doing that, because it was like four or five outbursts of that, I then was kind of like, well, I feel like, now you kind of have to speak to this. Yeah, and she did.
Speaker 2: It because in the audience was like kind of like and so let's talk about Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Like okay, so clearly this is something that's like an issue, So like what is the t like does your million dollar company use these products?
Speaker 2: And the same way that you have to address to a celebrity that you love, that you know who they are ahead of time, I feel like they needed to address that they rerepew of people in the building because then when it created with a sense of unease where I felt like all of us were just like waiting for the net. We weren't even listening to the stories. We were like everyone nervous waiting for the next moment where it.
Speaker 1: Was yeah, I think we even did that bit like I think we did like yeah, no of us.
Speaker 2: They also, like the members, we had to go through a metal detector and put all of our stuff out to check. So I'm like, where did they put their signs exactly?
Speaker 1: I mean signs for years in my mind's I now it now looks like they fully had like a huge like plaster sign but.
Speaker 2: Maybe like paintball guns or like shooting the red like cur it.
Speaker 1: Was officially a chaotic atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved it. I love you, go back today, I go today.
Speaker 1: And I want it again. Speaking of chaotic atmospheres and doing it again, this is now the segment of the podcast that we do every single time. It's called I Don't Think So, Honey. It's our world famous segment where we take one minute to rant rave rail and more against something in culture that absolutely deserves the railing. We're not the only things that deserve railing, cause all of a sudden, I'm looking for my poll, seriously looking for a pole these days too, really genuine. It's actually been several months since I've had like just an honest to god.
Speaker 2: Pole penetrative sex. A fucked a long time, okay, and if not a pole, what.
Speaker 1: Six weeks maybe? Well, there was a little moment there where I was actually experiment because I'm kind of newly in my bottom era, Okay, So there was like a moment there where I had like an actual vibe bread that I was sticking up there, and it was really thrilling because I've never done that. I've never like, you know, We're on the street.
Speaker 2: Is proste play is in Baby.
Speaker 1: We're on the Street is it's actually a real coaching number. Nine We're on the Street is proste play is in Baby And so all of a sudden, there I am like sort of like really rocking my own ass, like while I was jacking.
Speaker 2: Off, rocking your whole world, the world.
Speaker 1: And I haven't done that in a while. Maybe I will. But also looking for a pole.
Speaker 2: And it was really funny about talking about it to be like I think I'm gonna do that when I get home, because it's like you're gonna go home and be like, oh, I mean this Bitdy talked about this, I should masturbate.
Speaker 1: Like it's like, oh yeah, I meant to put that thing in the mail. Oh yeah, I said I was going to being real quick myself. Anyways, transitioning to the segment, I don't think, so honey, I'm gonna go first, I'm nervous, and then Miss Benning is gonna absolutely rock the house. Okay, so this is my Matt Rogers. I don't think so honey, and my time starts now. I don't think so honey that you can't go to a concert anymore without wondering is the star on stage gonna get something fucking thrown at them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, first Bby Rexa, then it happened to it just happened to Kelsey Ballerini. It went down with a pink cause being mother's ashes are being thrown at her being hands in a bree cheese like everyone. I don't think so, honey, bring your phone and keep it in your goddamn pocket. I don't even think so, honey. People filming the concerts, I'm guilty of this, but just like if we can't be trusted to have anything honest, like, that's gonna ruin the concert experience for everyone. I have thirty seconds. So basically my thing is just like people stop. I don't know if it has anything to do with more than like you're trying to give them something. If you're trying to give Kelsey Ballerini a bracelet, I can send it to the fucking president of the fan club. Okay, don't be throwing things that hit her in the eye. You could seriously hurt her. I don't think so, honey. Like even as a viewer of the concerts, now, I'm gonna sit there. It's like a Jessica Simpson open book. I don't know what's gonna happen next, and that's one minute. Wow, I just can't with And it happened to someone else too. It was bb Rexa got like a fucking huge eye.
Speaker 2: Bruce because android it was like someone the guy laughed after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then you know who. It was Ava Max at the Fonda. Someone rushed her and like she essentially got like slapped in the face because the fan got so excited.
Speaker 2: It's all of our like bubbling pop girls who are like they have their hits, but they're not like a dua where it's like.
Speaker 1: It's our bubbling unders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like no one would dare to do those to our girls, and that's so evil.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what was fucked up was like there was this idea that like, oh, it's just fans getting too excited and like doing things giving give us so much kind and and then I was like no, actually no. And Kelsey Valerini actually posted some screenshots of people in her comments being like, that's what you get for going woke is targeted? I think so I believe. I mean people were commenting saying it and that even if those instances were not targeted, even if it was a stupid fan like being like, let me throw this bracelet on stage because I want her to have it. It gives people the idea, yea to throw something.
Speaker 2: I'm nervous for Aaron Morris and like they're going after the country girls and she is the kissed of them all.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, it's it's just like getting scarier and scarier, especially when you see it happened to four of the girls. That is a lot like that's crazy, and then the mother's ashes of it all.
Speaker 2: It's like Dave and I remember day days after the bb rex A throwing thing was the clip of when someone came out in front of her to their mom. And what's crazy about that clip is like he says like, I'm going to do this in front of you, and she literally goes, what are you going to do in front of me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fear, Yeah, she's scared now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Because also it's like me too. That could have been anything.
Speaker 2: If a gay person ever says I'm going to do this in front of you, I'm running, I'm out of here, I'm taking off my leg something I've been fooled before.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do this in front of you could mean a lot of things. Yeah, Also, it's just like, as someone who I guarantee there's people out there that want to throw things at me.
Speaker 2: It makes me nerv I would throw fun things at you.
Speaker 1: Listen, throw a Roso Donald coushe ball at me.
Speaker 2: Anytime I was right there in your brain, you were really ready to say that.
Speaker 1: I thought of what's soft and the first thing that jumped out in my fucking little gay brain was Roseod.
Speaker 2: We got a lot of weird day, just like on the tip of your tongue, ready to go.
Speaker 1: I think that's what makes me a dynamic podcast host. Okay, well listen, okay, if you think that's true. And I really do hope that everyone still remained listening to this podcast, because it's been a thrilling one.
Speaker 2: Dollie's still listening, I know that much. I think Dolly he almost clicked out when we started to almost read her for Dollywood, but we actually.
Speaker 1: Think they're so funny. I love my gay fans. And that was my Dolly parton which is, as you just evidenced by my impression, will not be my snatch game.
Speaker 2: We'll still on the other side of snatch game. Not to compliment you too much for that. Wait, actually I have to pause for one second. Was the lip sync your idea or did that get suggested to y'all?
Speaker 1: No, so what happens is, oh, you mean the lips think that we did during this time? Yes. No, they were like, and we think it will be funny if you guys did the red you wrote you lip sync the entire Roxy Andrews verse. So right, we did the entire Roxy Andrews verse and the chorus, and they actually only showed the chorus, which to me was like sort of the antithis of why I wanted to do it, because I was like, what's so funny is that we're doing the verse? And I was so happy that any of that made in there at all. But we actually gave and had choreo for the entire Roxy Andrews verse and that's what was left on the cutting rod. How long did that? It was their idea?
Speaker 2: How long did they give you to prep this?
Speaker 1: We did it once? Wow, we got it in one take. But they told her girls, because you know they shop infessional. Yes, but they gave us all day and I'm like dying, Like truly, my stomach is die ying. And then we went out there and we did turn it. But yeah, that's the.
Speaker 2: Sort of thing I feel right now doing I don't think so, honey, like I'm genuinely shaking. I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Don't be scared, because you're made for this, and I made I made for this in a macro sense, and made from this in a micro sense. You were made for this.
Speaker 2: I do have tiger Bomb in my bag, so if I start panicking and I grab it, just not ites because I've lated my whole life for this moment.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this is miss manis. I don't think so, honey. Your time starts now.
Speaker 2: I don't think so honey. Social media changing and a Now I understand we've complained for years about the chronological changes, the ad changes. I don't give a fuck. Show me the ads. Let me see Porsche's wardrobe from the White Lotus. Come, I don't care. What I don't like is that we're changing limits. We're adding word counts. Elon musk you siss sissy, and I am saying that it's a slur in your case. I cannot handle it. I miss the days when every social media platform had its own designated thing. I'm tired of doing twinner on Instagram. I am tired of doing YouTube clips TikTok's rails. I'm sick of it. I'm a child of the Internet and I have grown up. Yes, I am tired. And you can also.
Speaker 1: Follow me on Instagram and Twitter and TikTok. Fifteen seconds has become a plug miss Bette and on TikTok am i hate Miss Bennet because somebody took Miss Betty and I'm sail that too. Five seconds. I got at that's one minute. Oh my god. See the thing is I love when you started an eighth and it goes to a fifteen and that's levels.
Speaker 2: And the best part about this is I am overheating and I'm in the middle of doing like vocal feminization, and that undid everything that I've worked on.
Speaker 1: I'm really sorry.
Speaker 2: That's okay, listen, but the thing is over. We don't have to take care of towards people hurt.
Speaker 1: Out someone brought up online exactly. It's like back to them, We're back in the show.
Speaker 2: I don't think Sony more than two genders like me to have that take.
Speaker 1: On the binary is alive. Suddenly, Oh my god. No. Someone said the other day they were like, can you imagine the election like with all these fucking rules in place, like can you imagine like when like we actually need to be able to share? Because it's like, first of all, can I just say, how about this as an idea for a social media website, Why don't you put someone in charge who has even one iota of what it means to have any social grace at all? This is very clearly someone yeah, deeply without any social skills at all.
Speaker 2: Give brettman Rock ownership of Twitter, period. And that's what I've always said.
Speaker 1: You've always been saying that you can be kidding. I didn't know about to say it on the pod, but I'm here to say it now. I mean this, we'd be in better hands. It's just like this is so poorly thought out, and the way that he kept being like, actually it's eight thousand that you can see, Actually it's ten. It's like, crazy, bitch, like ask someone smarter than you, and like I get it.
Speaker 2: They want people to pay for the verification, but like, oh, we're not paying for the verification.
Speaker 1: How long do you think it has I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel here's the thing. Twitter used to always be my favorite, and I remember it was always on the brink of like going away, and I feel like now more than ever, it feels like it is truly minutes away from it, which breaks my heart because I love Twitter and I miss good old Twitter.
Speaker 1: You know, It's like when Twitter was a fun place, I really did like it. Then Twitter became an un fun place for all the you know reasons, which is just like, you know, you can't go on there without like someone being negative immediately. Everything nothing translates, like you know, that's almost like why I don't have the personal Twitter anymore. I just use the lost coach Twitter. I feel like I get my like opinions and things across, like on this podcast, and you can literally hear a human voice like hint at a joke or like, you know, do say whatever the fuck or like give some gray area that's not limited to characters. But it's like Twitter could be such a fun, little stupid place, and it's so toxic and so dark, and now with these limitations, it's actually gonna make it even harder to communicate, yeah, because it's just gonna take context away, it's gonna take expanse away. It's gonna like literally limit the amount of intake we can have, which should be the antithesis of something like a social media website where like everyone can get their voice across. And that's why it's good.
Speaker 2: It used to be the first thing that I checked in the morning. I would literally go to Twitter and be like, Okay, what's happening, what's new, what's right going on in the world. And now I'm like, you can't trust it for that. And also, and this is where I start to empathize with like a little bit of the Boomer idea of like why don't things have to change? But yeah, truly, like I feel like the golden era of social media was when we were able to live tweet things. Yeah, but that's like been a dead concept for so long. Yeah, because that's not how things appear in the algorithm. Yeah, it's like I could tweet it be completely out of order. And then I also feel like it was so fun because you used to be able to like access the famous people that you liked, or if you're watching a reality TV show that you could tweet Tyra Banks and she would respond. And now it's like that's not happening. So then it's like, what is this for now?
Speaker 1: The way that I've moved over to Instagram like exclusively has been pretty wild because there's also the flaws of Instagram, you know what I mean. There's the thing of like, oh, it's like constantly like a visual parade of like the perfected versions of everyone, like no one's actually being real like it. It's also not as fun as it used to be anymore. And then there comes this thing of like when you do get verified in a republic figure, there's like all these other things that go into that, and like et cetera, blah blah blah. You feel like heady about it. But at least I feel like if I want to find what someone is doing or saying, I know how to do it right. Where it's like Twitter just feels like a jumbled mess. It has the same like people that you don't even follow your snea, which is what I hate.
Speaker 2: It has the same interface ideas like scruff have you ever heard.
Speaker 1: I'm unfortunately like I've never did my tone to scruff. I'm kind of only exclusively been a grinder girling.
Speaker 2: I've downloaded both before to try them both, and I just tried them both, like I just trying, I.
Speaker 1: Try it all. I just tried to trysexual. Yeah, I'll.
Speaker 2: Es, oh my god, when you're sucking is ball, I know. And the thing about Scruff that always blew my mind, because that's what we're talking about now, is it has like really I think a better selection of men in your singles in your area, but the interface is absolutely batshit. And that's how Twitter is becoming. Twitter is the Scruff to Instagram's grinder. And if there were one SoundBite that I hope you get from this, I hope it's well, that's.
Speaker 1: Going to be People magazine, that's going to be the poll. Hello. Like last week we did that episode with Kelly and what the media chose to pull was Kelly Clarkson opens up about antidepressant use. Love that, and for you, it's going to be that I Scruff is the Instagram to grinder Twitter.
Speaker 2: I'm so brave for coming out and saying that.
Speaker 1: You've been brave this whole time. And I want to just really commend you, and I want to say I appreciate you and adore you for showing up in your brave truth on lost Culturista to speak real truths to power about the fucking pop culture landscape, about app landscape.
Speaker 2: I do love that I've come on here and said nothing about anything to do with transitioning, but said everything about being a Top Model fan.
Speaker 1: Being on the app, that's last coach, baby, that is listen, We're here to be honest.
Speaker 2: All of those things point to transitioning. I'm here to tell you right now that if you watch Top Model as a kid and want to be one of the girls, your day is coming.
Speaker 1: Well, just to touch on that, I was so proud of you about the Time magazine thing and you that was beautiful and we're talking about you know, representation and like throwing it all the way back to you know, the glee of it all, and I would say, like, what a beautiful and what a lovely evolving world we are in that the youth and the kids can watch Glamorous and see you. You're such a star. I'm so proud of you, and I'm so proud to know you. I'm so proud to be a part of the project that has you as the star of it. Glamorous is streaming now on Netflix. You can watch all the episodes. Listen to the ep Swelter because we didn't get into it. But our girl was also a recording artist, and I'm also gagged that you wrote and produce this yourself. Yeah, that's amazing, Thank you so much, And I'm just like so blown away by you and you have to come back. But when Bowen is back, I want us all three to raw Rob because like you're.
Speaker 2: And I'm building this story that me and Bowe have beef and that's why he's not here today exactly. I can't wait to like further develop that well.
Speaker 1: As a result of the beef, Bowe needed to take a extended hiatus from the.
Speaker 2: Podcast, and I want to say that I'm also just so busy flying, shooting Wicked and shooting SNL and coming to LA to do my podcast. Like I totally sympathize, and it's hard when you're this books like me and Bone.
Speaker 1: Blessings to all and miss Benny's in the moment, And we do end every episode with a song was flying first Class, up in sky, drinking sapin living life in the first line. I don't know what vocal choice this is, but I won't change. Bob Glamour is Ooh the flowersy Flower said, if you want to hear that song listening to Fergie's album The Duchess or go on the roller coaster, Hollywood, Ripride, Rocket and Universal Studios Florida, where you're allowed to choose a song as you write on the roller coaster, and that is one of the options. Hell yeah, hell yeah. Bye