Speaker 1: Oh weird back, we're black, we're brown ambition.
Speaker 2: I decided to start something new.
Speaker 3: This is Tiffany, I'm here for it. It's Mandy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, you know my memory and Mandy. That's like, I'm never gonna remember that song again. People are like, oh, I like that. I'm like, girl, it's gone already, It's gone.
Speaker 3: You know. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.
Speaker 2: A minute ago you said you liked my top my song.
Speaker 3: I think like it keeps you fresh, keeps his toes.
Speaker 2: I feel like I have remember Dory from Home Finding Nemo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that's a good analogy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is that I am I am doing. I'm like, wait what, oh hey, turning around, Oh hey, how is your weekend?
Speaker 3: We was good. Weekend was good. We had you know, we had a little run in with a with a really mean German shepherd and now my poor dog is traumatized. So we're working through it. She is. It's so sad. What can you know, they're just like humans a little bit dogs, you know. She had this German shepherd came at us when we're on our walk. We walked past this house all the time, but this was the first time, this idiot homeowner had the the fence open and this massive dog came barreling out and it was too late. I couldn't do anything. She went right for Molly, and Molly seemed fine for the first couple of days. And then ever since you know, last I don't know, Monday or something, the poor girl has not wanted to leave our front yard and she just shakes and she quivers, and we've just had to I've been working with her, slowly but surely to like come over this fear of and I've been we've been watching a lot of like don't laugh at me, a lot of rerun like old episodes of the Dog whisper Fuck was so useful. Also, if you have a dog, I just found the episodes. We've been like binge watching a Dog's Whisperer, like two thousand and four episodes. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 2: But the dog didn't bite her, did he?
Speaker 3: No, it didn't. I mean she the owner ran out and called her off quickly, and I was really I mean, I was more afraid for Molly. I just got the hell out of there. I wasn't really thinking, oh, I need to like get a report you know, talk to this person. I just want to get my dog out of there as fast as I could. But I was, you know, looking back. He didn't even apologize. He just called the dog off and they, you know, they went away, which is honestly what I wanted them to do, which was like get away. But I don't know, I've been thinking about what to do. She didn't bite Molly. She didn't bite me, but she would have if he hadn't called her off because she was starting to go for Mollie's like her neck leg.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, my poor puppy. She's been through a lot, but she's she's good. We've been using a I was gonna do my brown boost for all, go ahead and say it now though. I've been using this app called Wag. W a g if you guys have a dog and you're wondering or you don't have a dog, like I didn't have a dog, and you're wondering, how can I possibly you know, have a dog when I work all day long and you know, how can I afford a dog walker or whatnot? We decided to start using this app called Wag, which is basically like dog walking Uber. So you create a schedule. You know, do you want to be do you want to walk tomorrow? Do you want to walk every Monday through Friday, you know, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, And then what time do you want it? And then Wag has this like concierge service where they go and find a vetted, interviewed, you know, dog walker in your area to take your schedule and awesome. Yeah, I was a little nervous because it's not like Uber, because it's a little bit like Uber. I mean, you are trusting a stranger with your life in a car, but to have someone you know come into your house and then trust them with your dog. I definitely checked into how they vet their dog walkers and most of the all the dog walkers have actual experience either dog walking or as an animal shelter volunteer or something like that. Okay, and I believe WAG will give you And this is not this is not a promotion, like I don't make any money off this. I'm just saying WAG will give you like a wag wock box where you can lead the key to your house. But we have like an electronic door code thingy where we created a special code for dog walkers, So okay, when he arrives, we know that he's arrived because he's used a special code and that's how he gets in. And but it's been really good. I mean I met him in person the first time he walked her, and then he's he's ended up being super nice and he's walking her every day. And the funny thing is like, yeah, when you're when your wag walk stop starts, you get like Apple alerts. And so the first day it was like, Molly pooped. Want to see where Molly Molly pede? Open up the wag gap to see and you can like cute. Yeah, so it's great and then I and then I feel I don't feel so bad leaving her at home because I know she's going to get like a thirty minute walk in the middle of the day and we don't have to rush home, you know, worried about her having an accident.
Speaker 2: So that's what that's what that's what dogs do. I forgot that, Like, that's what's so hard sometimes about having a dog is that you can't lead them home for too long because they we are going to have accident.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure, we had. We only had one accident, so far. It's because we were just gone too long. And oh I didn't mention the price. So the price of walking Molly in my neighborhood was seventeen dollars per walk.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Not terrible, especially when you you know, consider how much they're getting vetted and that. It just gives me peace of mind. So I'm on a happy camper. Hey, wag, you want to sponsor the show?
Speaker 2: Hey, you might hear a little bit of noise in the background. I mean, I'm in your old stopping ground, Jersey City.
Speaker 3: What's you even in my old city?
Speaker 2: Well, so for those of you who followed me as a bunchanista, you know, like my and I know Mandy, E've been like seeing all my ads, but my online school, the Liberature Academy. Actually, today is the day if you're listening live or listening like you know when we discoes live. The first time that the Academy is opening back up for registration. We've been closed for a couple of weeks because I just wanted to make it better, you know, like I I've been trying to struggle with you know, what do people really need? You know, when it comes to their personal finances, and I realized that everybody wants financial freedom. So I really worked really hard with some experts to create something called this financial Freedom Plan, and it took a lot of time and a lot of effort and a lot of money. So as a result, the Academy, I have to increase the price time, I know. But here's the thing, I actually don't feel bad about it, because one, I am giving people one last chance to lock in at its current rate, which is nine thousand, nine nine tens a month, so like ten bucks a month, which honestly it's nothing, and all my business colleagues and my business coach and everyone's like, you're crazy, but it was almost mostly be for six months. Three months later, three years later, we're still at like ten bucks a month, and so really the Academy's going to go to twenty nine to ninety nine a month. But I also know that some people can't afford that, so I said to my team, We're going to do one last kind of like registration push and the way what I've always hated, like, you know, because you heard Netflix is growing up in price.
Speaker 3: Right, oh they are? Again.
Speaker 2: I always feel like this that like if I am a loyal customer. Why do new people get better prices than me? I mean, I know why, but I just feel like that's not fair. So we want to do the opposite. So if you are a current Academy member, you will always pay nine thousand, nine nine tenents a month. And if you sign up now for this last kind of like this is our last registration where it's going to be nine thousand, nine nine tens a month, you will always be that, even after it goes to twenty nine ninety nine a month, even after re upgrade to the Academy two point zero with the Financial Freedom Plan, even ten years from now at the Academy's one hundred bucks a month. Let's just say so, it's kind of my way to say, if you invest in yourself, I really feel like you should be rewarded for that, And if you're loyal, I feel like you should be rewarded for that. So I'm super excited we're taking like a limited number of students. I always try to keep the Academy fairly small because we have about maybe like seventeen thousand students, but there are seven hundred thousand dream Catchers, so we typically keep registration pretty small. Because I really like that people get individualized attention because you've got a ton of experts and instructors, about fifty of them, and I want people to be able to ask the questions to get them answered. So if you're interested and you're listening, you can go to join LRA dot com joined with the L and R than a dot com from Literature Academy and locking your rate at nine thousand nine anetents a month because when the price goes up, I don't want to hear no complaints. I feel like I did all that I could to get everybody in at a super discounted rate.
Speaker 3: I think that's more than fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: I got a statement from a credit card company that was like, oh, we're increasing your rate because you've been a customer for twenty not twenty years. Okay, you've been a customer since two thousand and seven and everyone has a higher rate than you, so we're gonna watch that up.
Speaker 2: And I was like, what, Honestly, I don't think that's right. Honestly, I really, I mean I get it, because I get it. As a company, you have to make money, you have to pay staff, you have to so and inflation dictates that you have to charge more, but I feel like there has to be a better So I'm really trying out a different business model, which is one we're rored people who invest in themselves early or war people who take advantage of like, you know, good deals, and then not to say we're punishing new students who sign up later, who like don't catch the deal. But you know, it's like, okay, you know, you had plenty of time to lock this in, so anytime after that, So the we're gonna only have registration open just for a few days and then we won't open it back up again until like April or May, and by then it'll be the upgrade two point zero Academy and it'll be the new price of twenty nine ninety nine a month. But I don't feel like that's a punishment because honestly, even that slow in comparison to what we're what you're getting at the Liberature Academy, it's like a I don't feel like the Academy is right now. It's like a library of really dope classes and courses, and then when we upgrade to the two point zero, it's like the library. On top of that, it's also like this GPS system that we've created that walks you step by step, hand holding you to financial freedom. Like you know, a financial freedom means time with the kids, it means not working past forty five, if it means having three hundred thousand dollars stave, whatever that looks like for you. We want to create like a personalized plan and help you automate it and help you like achieve it because I always feel like what I'm working on for myself, I want for other people around me. So we're excited about this new shift. I don't know, like honestly, like it's a really exciting time because it's like, I don't know that there are other online platforms that are dedicated to your members. The where we are when we go above and beyond, Like I'm in Jersey City because I actually flew out half my team to help make sure that tomorrow when we reopen the doors, that there are no issues. I have my tech support here, I've got my marketing person here, I've got everyone's here, like customer supporters here. Everyone's here to make sure that when the door's open, well not tomorrow, Like those of you guys are listening, it's today, but that there's no issue when you go to join lry to sign up. Yeah, so hopefully I'll see you inside of your academy. I know most of you are many of you are are members already, but it's just like it's exciting to me you guys in person and hear all the amazing stories of transformation.
Speaker 3: Thank listen, I still pay for the subway even though they never they always increase their rates and never improve service. So these are improving something. Did you see this story though about like Becky from Full House and the City Huffman from Desperate Housewives, like they were arrested. I didn't realize they were arrested, arrested today and charged with paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes to cheat their daughters into college. This is crazy. Let me read the story from USA today. So they report that they were charged along with nearly fifty other people in the scheme which wealthy parents allegedly bribed college coaches and insiders. At College Testing Centrist, we need to have Lynette Califoni Cox on the phone for this because first of all, she has made a career right of talking about how she gets her kids. So many scholarships and doing it the right way anyway. So fifty parents scheming college coaches and insiders at college testing centers to help get their children into some of the most elites schools in the country. That is insane.
Speaker 2: I mean, I I just want to be like, isn't that serious?
Speaker 3: I guess so. I mean they were they were like paying people to take SAT tests for them. They were paying people to like put on their applications that they were like recruited for athletics. They would get treated differently through the application process apparently.
Speaker 2: So I just feel like, I don't know, like it just does seem because what are you really teaching your kid? Like, hey, you know, if you don't have the grades, if you don't have the aptitude, how are you going to survive at Princeton anyway? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: No, that's true, That's very true, because you're I mean, I'd be curious to see this all happened, like I think it's. The report says in twenty sixteen, some of these parents, including full House Becky was full House Becky, Come on, Becky, I know anyway, they say that they this all happened to like twenty sixteen, So I wonder, like, are the kids in the schools now do they get taken out?
Speaker 2: I know, and all just stuff, But what are you really teaching your child? That's why you know they grew up to be like the current president of the United States, I guess.
Speaker 3: But this all goes back to, like I mean, not just all goes back, but so many parents today are just the amount of money pouring into children for like education and especially I mean this isn't necessarily about college, but like even at the primary school high school level, like in studies like New York, where parents are shelling out tens of thousands of dollars a year just for like public school or private school, but like an education where you know, it's just very competitive and there's like there's this desperation to get the best for your kid. And I can almost see how parents just take it like way too far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it just they just do. Because here's the thing. I mean, they've shown over and over and over again that you know, success really comes from like, you know, integrity. I'm a I guess it depends what you define success as you know, that like true success, like you know, like feeling like ownership and pride and you know, what you've accomplished doesn't come from cheating your way to the top. Because here's the thing, you know, I know a ton of people who have all this accomplishments and all this money and all this this, but they're not particularly happy. And I guess it's like, is that really success? I don't know. It just seems like all too much. And I'm not gonna lie though. I went to Westfield High School, WI to predominantly not brown ambition school, We'll just say that. And I remember Lisa, my baby sister, was telling me that they were talking about privilege in school. I forget what class it was. And he said, stand up if you've never had your parent call and get a grade change for you, And Lisa stood up, like okay, all of us, and she was the only one, the only one. And he said, Lisa, please thank your parents for me. Every single student I didn't even know that existed, and parents called in, you know, called the principal, called super calls. It's gonna my child is not getting this great da da da da da. Like that just seems that was mind bodeling to me, that like, and it just set the tone for like, oh, so, y'all in here just getting these inflated fake grades while I'm over here busting out behind But then you want to tell me I need to be in the slow class or whatever. You know. Yeah, it's just honestly, it's an egregious use of privilege.
Speaker 3: Well I wonder, I just wonder what happens to the kids, and like, how if they knew what was going on? If I mean, how furious would you be if you found out your parents does something like that for you and then jeopardize your reputation. I mean, that's that's just sad. So yeah, that is your That is your flash headline update of the evening. What else has been happening in the world?
Speaker 2: There was I can't even it was a story, but I'm it's like about a basketball player and it's like how fans have been like so racially charged toward them, and how I think one of the I forget the name, I was like, I just had it in front of me, but he I guess he fought back and they're trying to like attack him. They're like, yeah, but what about the fans that you know? This one fan and his wife told him get on your knees like you used to or something like your people used to it something like that that I just I know. And so he was like, I guess this particular basketball player. Of course I can't remember his name. I can't find him. I think, is it darn it, yeah, I can't find I just think that, like, yeah, I just think that, like, I don't know that when people are What I just learned is that when people on the spot like the spotlight could just be so cruel. People think they can say whatever they want to you, and God forbid you say or do anything back. Then all of a sudden, you're unprofessional. I wonder when did that become the rule that the public at large is allowed to be abusive, but a company or an individual on the spot like cannot retaliate or say anything back. I think that that's just unfair. That's why, honestly, my block game is strong. If you say something even a little bit sideways to me, because you know, I'm not in this screenshot culture. I'm not gonna clap back to you can screenshot and be like look what Tiffany said, you know, so instead I'm like, well, you block from everything, I will block you from the email list, I will block you from the Facebook group, I will block you from everything. You won't get any more resources from me. Mama not talking to me crazy and then hit me later like I'm sooe sorry. You know sometimes I've gotten that people talk crazy and then they say they're so sorry. I'm like, yes, you are sorry. Black So you can't contact me this way either. People have, but E actually started new emails or new Facebook pages or new Instagrams to tell me please let me back in now, because now you're you're showing me displays of crazy on top of meanness?
Speaker 3: Did I mention? Did I mention way back when when I had a candidate apply for a writing job and then didn't get the job, and then just la ambassadors on Greenhouse or not Greenhouse glassdoor dot com and like wrote this really very specific review of the interviewing process. Very negative review is so much so specific that you can easily like I could easily tell who it was, you know, even though it was anonymous. And then recently she applied for another job here it's like the audacity. Yes, when I saw her resume come through, I'm like, where what what?
Speaker 2: Oh? So I know that the player's name, it's Russell Westbrook. Sorry you Tah from the Utah Jazz. Okay, but yeah, but yeah, it's just but can you imagine, But it's it seems to me that it's people like that that you know, It's like you pay money to come to the game, you apply for a job here, you say all this crazy stuff, and now you're back. What it's to me, maybe it's just a level of like mental instability or something like that. But like I said, I honestly can say that I do not engage. Every once in a while, I'll be a little bit petty and I'll send them a heart and then block them so that way they're like, oh I got a response from her. Oh wait, I can't see it. But like that's as petty as I get, because I'm like, girl, I don't have time with this.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I just I mean, there's people who deserve a negative reputation and people calling them out for it. But I feel like, you know, everyone has haters, and especially as you start to like build your business or you become a you know, more successful in your career. And I found this to be true, Like for myself, I pissed people off regularly. You know, it's just part of the job. Sometimes you have to give feedback that's critical. You have to drop people from the team who aren't contributing, you know, holding their weight, and you have to mentally prepare yourself for the backlash like I've had. I've had freelance writers threatened my life, threatened to like come. Yeah, I've had people tell me that I'll be sorry forever cutting them from the our freelancer team. There's there's one every six months, like a crazy person who comes, and or ones that have tried to post publicly about working with us and say things that aren't true about working with us. And I've always had to just shut up and never and this is this is as much as I've ever said about any of this ever happening, because I know if I say something, I don't want to jeopardize myself with my with my company. And also I know the truth, which is that if you ask the whole of our the people who work with us, or if you ask the person every person I work with in my career on a you would get a positive experience. Yeah, there'd be a couple of negatives because that's just life. But if on the on average, you have you know, great experiences in your fair and ethical and you treat people right, then all this like the negative will just get faded out. And like you'll see people that we have worked with us and with me who have come to our defense when they've seen yeah, criticisms like that. And so I think the high road, like when they go low, we go hig I Michelle Obama right, Like that's the only way you can. That's the best way, even though it's frustrating and like really hard sometimes to just zip your lips and just let the haters shout and yell.
Speaker 2: No no, I agree. Honestly, I feel like my job is always to make a liar out of the hater, do you know what I mean? Like, you know, like okay, if one person says something so terrible and I've had I remember one time somebody's mad at me. I don't know. Something was posted in the DreamCatcher group and she posted something and it was deleted. But it wasn't me because kind of well I've got like fifteen admins, so but it wasn't It wasn't finance related. It was about like her time land trip, I don't know, something so she went on I didn't know, but she herself was like a businesswoman, and I think, I don't know what she taught, but she you know, she had a pretty decent violence. So then she went on her personal Facebook page. And this is meanwhile, like the day after I had my fiveboard search, so I wasn't even like on Facebook. I it wasn't until actually, Tila, you know, one of our great, awesome financial friends, was like, h someone that's posting about you and it's pretty nasty. Are you like what happened? And I'm like, uh too, I'm in the hospital, like recovering from fireboard surgery and I didn't do anything. Are you short about me? She's like, she didn't say my name, but she was like mm, the way she described you, it's pretty specific and it's very obvious that she's talking about you. And I was like, okay, So I wanted to read it, and I was like so disheartened because this it was a woman who had like a dope business and she seemed like, you know, like another sister, and the fact that she was like dragging me and literally I'm like, yo, I'm I'm in the hospital. I don't even know I don't know what the post was, but does it warrant you're about Thailand being removed from a Facebook group? Does it warrant this public like dragging? I just remember thinking like wow. But what I really loved was in the comment. I mean, there are some people in the comments who are like, says she jealousy because you know, they didn't know me, they didn't know who she was talking about. They were just in general says, people be jealous of you, says you know. And then but then people who knew, like, are you talking about Tiffany? Wait, Tiffany is so I would say, you know, two thirds of the comments were like, girl, are you crazy? Like that's not Tiffany, Like are you sure? One? You know, she's got a team of admins, And maybe if you would have written her personally, you wouldn't have had all of this. So it was just great to see how many people came to my defense because what she's saying just wasn't true. And the fact of the matter is literally I had no idea. And then I was gonna actually reach out to her and say I'm so sorry you had a negative experience. But then I thought about it, and I thought Tiffany, this is a poisonous, cancerous person. What because and if someone would do this over a Facebook post about Thailand being deleted, why would I want to make any sort of connection. So honestly, I didn't say anything. I didn't comment, I didn't anything. I didn't She eventually reached out to me an email and messaged me. I didn't reply because I was like, yeah, I'm good on cancer, you know, And so I've just learned that, like you know, sometimes people do things like that and it's really it's unfortunate, but you know, eventually it dies down, everybody goes back to their corner, and some other drama picks up again, and somebody else can focus on something else. But I just remember, honestly, more than anything else, feeling hurt because I had, like, you know, when I looked at her business and like started to I admired her business, and I thought like, wow, but like, look, you know, she's got a lot of time on her hands. Eventually, you know, apparently to attack over a Facebook post. I just thought to myself, where there's something not right there, there's something unhappy there, because I can't imagine myself. I've been in plenty of Facebook groups where my posts had been removed, I guess, and it doesn't you know. My reaction was never to like drag and attack another person. I've never dragged to attack another person on that mean, maybe the price, but I mean he deserves it.
Speaker 3: But you know even that, I just even that, like I mean, the Internet, I just I don't know. I'm just I've I feel like everyone, a lot of people are like posting less these days, and part of me is like, first the fear around you just you hear people getting fired over their tweets so they wrote years ago, and I'm just like, for my own self preservation, I just don't feel like it's worth it to post or to tweet, you know, everything that I feel about something, And a lot of people are doing it because you get addicted to the feedback and the likes and the retweets and stuff, and I just I let that go. But anyway, like the high road is usually the best way, and if you know who you are, then pissing people off every once in a while, it's just part of the course, man.
Speaker 2: And we have just a little bit of time to take a question you want to take at least one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's take one question. We've got a good one. Let's see if she want us to use her name. She doesn't say, okay, so I'm going to call her out. Her name is ooh, this is a pretty name, Artisia or Artisia. Artiza says, Hey, Tip and Mandy, your show is a godsend. Aw thank you for sharing your experience. And she heard this is her question. Artija says, I'm a black woman. I'm a black young woman who's quickly approaching thirty, and I want to know what's the best way to deal with the hurt and anger from noticeable special treatment when it comes to career development given to other non brown colleagues in corporate America best regards. Ooh, good question. Oh yeah. I mean this is the kind of thing that it's so hard to say out loud to anyone, to anyone who's not also a person of color, because you know, even if they're not saying it, they're thinking, well, how do you know that other non around people are getting special treatment? Like do they just work harder than you? Huh? Yeah. This is the reason why I I'm so grateful for the slack group that I'm in. I went to this. I have a group of friends who are also in the media professionals managing teams, and we started this Slack group and it's all people of color, and it is where I go to vent about exactly this. Things that you can't control, like I can't you know, in your position, walking into your boss's office and claiming that they're being they're giving special treatment to people of other genders or other races. It's probably not going to do anything for you, maybe the truth, but it may hurt you in your career. Yeah, So I use this group as a sounding board. So my first piece of advice is to create a little even if it's just three people, you know, four or five people group, get a group text, get a Slack group, get an email chain going, and just vent things out and then ask them what they might do and get their advice. And especially if they're people in a similar field as you, they'll have more specific guidance for someone in your situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, I don't even have any I mean, I'll share this that I was working with a brand a little while ago and they didn't want to pay me. They said my rates were too high, And thankfully I knew someone who was familiar with that brand and like work with them, And she asked them straight up, are Tiffany's rates higher than the white guys you pay with less of an audience, And there was a lot of stuttering. They're like, no, no, has she outpriced herself from because you know that's reasonable. And the answer was no, that my rates were not higher than the white guys, and I generated more buzz, more feed, like my return was larger. So what are you saying? And sometimes it's just so frustrating because you're just like so, I'm like, well, bro, like, honestly, take it. Here's the thing. It's analosly. It's one of the reasons why I structured my business in the way that I have, where it's more B two C than B to B. So B two C is a business a consumer versus business a business, meaning like I served dreamcatchers, I served dream builders. I serve women, largely women of color, and that's where the majority of my income comes from. On purpose, So when a brand tries to get cute like brah, you hit me in my inbox. I was always good living my best life, helping dreamcatchers live their best life. You came to me saying, hey, want some of that black girl magic, but don't want to pay for it. Yo, It's so frustrating, and so sometimes you're just like because like, honestly, it's one of like you know, we have like y'all know that we always talk about Fincon. That's like the financial bloggers conference that me and Mandy used to go to. And I mean, I mean, I guess I'll still go eventually, but anyway, but I remember just being so frustrated and listening to like our white colleagues talk about all of the brand money and sponsorship this and that, and they didn't even have happy audiences. And I'm just like, yo, not not even have the engagement now, you know, it's so frustrating when you know what it is, but god bid you should say something that it's like you're the mad black girl. And honestly, I don't. Honestly, I don't know the solution for me. The solution has just been for me. It just became creating an environment for myself where I can succeed and trying not to focus on when you know those things happen. And honestly, these days, like I've told so many brands to kick Rocks. I'm like, Okay, we'll go go get such and such. Then who doesn't deliver? But you did, but he but he wants full price, and then they always come back, Oh it's no, You're either gonna pay or go because the truth is, I don't need it, you know, like I created a life for myself where I can tell you the kick Rocks, I don't need it, you know, Like it's great working with brands, but it is not my bread and butter on purpose because you're not going to be able to tell me what I'm worth. I tell you, and you either pay it or you don't pay it. And it sucks when you're in corporate America because you can't always do that. But like I think, like Mandy said, have it a support group and asking advice to people who are in that situation the circumstance, because I feel like I'm too rebellious. I'm like that turn.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, being thirty and working for and feeling like you're in a position where so much of your career success is dependent on other people. That freaking sucks. And I think a lot of people can relate to that. I as quickly as I could, I don't think I knew it instinctively or the reason I was pushing so hard to advance my career so I was in a position of authority quickly or more quickly than I might have been if I had stayed where I was. But I think that is what it comes down to you. At a certain point, I just wanted to have the power to not only to not only steer my own destiny in my career, but also to help others and to be in a position of power so I could turn around and help people like you, or at least break down some of those barriers, or be an additional person of color at the table making those decisions. But you say, specifically, Artezia, that there's noticeable special treatment when it comes to career development at your workplace, I would say, as much as you can get around the barriers. So if there's a special development career development fund that you have access to, but you feel like your other colleagues in the office are getting recommendation letters from people or getting more support finding opportunities, you may have to do the extra groundwork and just start looking for career development opportunities for yourself outside of the organization you know I've done that. I've done a couple of leadership development institutes that have been super helpful for me, did not come from my HR team. And you know you could do that. You could get mentors, ask specifically people in the company to mentor you, even if they're not offering it. You know, force them to tell you. Instead of telling yourself a story about way why they may not be mentoring you, you know, suck it up and just ask them point blank, you know, will you mentor me? I see myself going here? Will you give me guidance? Don't give them an opportunity, you know, to ignore you is is a bit of advice there, And if it really is like a toxic environment, do what you can to get the hell out. You're only thirty, you know you can pivot. Pivot girl, pivote.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm like revolts. I'm like Mandy has very good advice follow back.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you need to get paid. You can revolt, but revolt strategically, yea revolt your way out of there. You know, if you want to launch a business, you can't do that. You know on a whim. You have to also plan your exit from corporate America too, So take your time, hang in there, create your create your own little group of support to vent to as well, and thank you for your question. You guys can hit us up at Brandanmission podcast dot com with your questions, hit ask us anything, or email us directly at Brandanmission Podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Come, it's time for wins wins for Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Well we stopped doing wins though, Oh that's right.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't brown Blake brown boost. You know what I think that I feel like earlier you said that you were going to do a brown break and I just thought that myself, I like, I equated that to a win, and then that was like wins anyway down in a bag ground break brown Bruce. But I know you said you were going to do a brown boot, so boost it up.
Speaker 3: I'm going to use my boosts. My boost is the Wag app for you dog owners out there, and I'm going to save my other boosts. I want to do a special episode in the coming weeks on how your car is making you go broke because this is something that I know Tiff and I have talked about how you know Superman had auto debt and wanted to like buy a brand new truck or whatever, and wanted you to co sign his loan. But I have statistics. We recently did a study at lending Tree of auto loan debt in America, and this is my theory. I feel like people could really have they could live debt free. They could say for that vacation, they could afford anything if they just paid off their car and had no car note. And I've got the stats. I want to share it in an episode next week. And well, I want to dedicate a whole show to talking about auto loans and how crazy they're, crazy, out of control they've gotten.
Speaker 2: And I'll okay you no, no, I love that. So honestly, my win is going to be what I said earlier today too, just one last chance to lock in the Liberature Academy at super low rates, and so because I'm just really proud of it, because it's something. The truth is, it's related to the question today because I honestly started the Liberature Academy because I said, I want to create something that's really like B two C. But then also it's a business, you know, because the challenges are all free, the Facebook groups, my goodie emails, we were all free and they were amazing, and they still are free and amazing. But I wanted to create a business of service and the Liberature Academy is my opportunity to do so. And what it allows me to do is it allows me to continue to give more than eighty percent of what I do away for free, while still being able to hire other brown women, you know, still being able to like run this dope business, still being able to like give so much. So yeah, if you want to be a part of the Academy, And like I said, it's song like ten bucks a month, under ten bucks a month, it's like twenty two cents a day or something like that. It's join l r a dot com and I hope to see you inside.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, go enjoy the rest of your congress on the launch. Thank good luck, Thank you. They hated Jersey City for me.
Speaker 2: I will this was just so cute. I have to say. Another win is this Airbnb, Mandy. Honestly, this is one of those beautiful Brownstones. It is gorgeous.
Speaker 3: You need to go to Choco Pond French Bakery. Listen to me, what is my old street called? I forgot what my old Jersey Avenue. It's right by the Grove Street station. Anyone listening in Jersey you can go. Also does that Brandon Bishon listener I saw on the train that day. You should go Chaco Pon, the best Croissan, the best French pastry, the best coffee.
Speaker 2: Go okay, show all right until next week.