Speaker 1: What's that a bed? It's spooky and kooky. I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming, it's way Wait a minute, hell I go, said hiros Dress.
Speaker 2: He Hey boo, it's me Roz. You guys this episode today, Oh it's a good one. There are so many stories, so I'm gonna spare you of another one at the beginning of this show because we got a lot to get into. I am joined today by Chris Colfer, who you may know he played Kurt on Glee, which he won a Golden Globe for. I mean Hello, People's Choice Awards. Time magazine rated him one of the one hundred most Influential people of the year. He's also a New York Times best selling author, and it turns out ghosts and aliens are obsessed with them as well. I got so lucky with Chris having just a plethora of stories, and this gives you, Hollywood, We get aliens, we get a story from the set of Glee where there was a ghost. I mean also, I know I've gotten a lot of new listeners. So Hi, Welcome to the spooky, kooky world of Ghosted by Roz Dress Feales. I'm your host, Roz Dress fales, I use she, her or they them pronouns, and you know, come on in. It's nice and cozy. It's like a slumber party over here, and you know, subscribe to the show go back. I've got episodes for over two years that are posted here, and I guarantee that you'd probably recognize at least one person as you scroll through the feed, and you might be like, oh, I've heard of that person. I want to hear what their thoughts are or their stories and experiences are with the unknown and the other side.
Speaker 1: I got it for you. I got you covered.
Speaker 2: Also, go listen to some of these episodes with people maybe never have heard of. You might fall in love with someone new. And as always, I have a Patreon, Patreon dot com slash rossdres Flees. This time I do that little thing where I list off a bunch of unexplained phenomenas and it's a short little clip where I talk to Chris about his thoughts on haunted dolls, demons, bigfoot, mothman, and we talk a little bit about a spooky place from his hometown. Also, I have a video up this week of me talking about haunted eBay dolls and my thoughts on their profiles and there. All right, let's just get into it. I'm so excited. Here's my conversation with Chris Colfer on with the show. Oh my god, you guys. I'm joined by Chris Colfer. Hello, how are you.
Speaker 3: Hi, Roz. I am so excited to be here.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm so excited for a variety of reasons, but especially because I now know that you love the Paranormals, so this is gonna be just perfect.
Speaker 4: So we don't know each other that well, although I'm a huge, huge fan of yours. But when you when you asked me to do this, did you did you? Did you know that.
Speaker 3: This is my favorite thing to talk about in the entire world?
Speaker 2: What the hell? Oh yeah, how did I not know this? Okay, yeah, okay, So well let's backtrack. So you were recently at Golden Girls Live, which I was making a couple of little cameo appearances.
Speaker 3: You were fantastic in it, by the way.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: And and then I was like, I'm just gonna ask why not? Because I'm constantly going up to people and being like, do you believe in goods? It's like such a weird thing because sometimes people are like no, what like, it's just so weird. You just never know. But at this point, I'm like, I'm just gonna try. Who knows? And I sometimes you get lucky, and I guess that's what happened this time.
Speaker 4: I thought for sure, maybe Drew Drogie told you that I love talking about ghosts because he and I have talked about ghosts for hours. Really, so yeah, so I yeah, And actually my favorite question to ask at parties when I when I meet new people is have you have you ever seen a ghost?
Speaker 1: Stop it?
Speaker 3: Okay, I think it's quite a quite a nice breaker.
Speaker 2: Well, if you want to do any field reporting for the show, I'm always looking for people with ghost stories, Hi from the So yes, Well, it's funny you said that because about Drew, because we do so many shows together in that basement theater, and I actually do this podcast live in that basement theater, and many people Drew include it have had paranormal experiences down there.
Speaker 3: Oh really at Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I have spent probably a collective years of my life down there, and I have not had any paranormal experiences, to be honest, but a lot of people that I trust that I don't think are making it up. Have said that that basement is haunted. I talk about it constantly, so maybe one day I'll get so lucky. But yeah, you were in a haunted place when when you saw me last.
Speaker 4: I feel like every theater in the world is haunted, right, you know, there's just something about maybe the exchange of energy between a performer and an audience. But I think I think there's something there's something paranormal in every theater.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it's if it's doing it right, you know, right right, that's how it should be.
Speaker 1: But you never know. Well, I mean, should we just like get into it?
Speaker 2: Should we? Should we talk about ghosts? I want to hear I want to hear your experiences.
Speaker 1: Now. We don't just talk about ghosts. So if you if you've had.
Speaker 2: Any kind of, you know, paranormal experience of any sort, let me know. But basically, I guess my first question is what what are your beliefs of this stuff?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: I I think I go back and forth honestly between I either one fully believe in paranormal uh beings and entities and and whatnot, and then some days I am the exact jobs that are I think, no, there's there's there's nothing. But it's funny when I when I sat down to make a list of all, you know, my my ghosty experiences for.
Speaker 1: Your show, My God, you did homework and.
Speaker 4: I I'm a goody two shoes, I realized, I think I'm just in denial about like being haunted.
Speaker 3: Like I like, like like I've been.
Speaker 4: In many haunted houses, but I think I am also just haunted myself.
Speaker 1: Some people are, you know.
Speaker 2: I have this belief that for someone like myself, because I had paranormal experiences as a young child, and I kind of developed an understanding that that's a thing that happens. And I think that sometimes ghosts are like, oh that person over there would get.
Speaker 1: Me if I you know.
Speaker 2: So it's like we go to haunted places constantly, but you might not ever know because the ghosts are like, eh, I don't feel comfortable around that person or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just it's sort of like I don't know if I'm like at some place I've never I don't know anyone, and then I see someone with like purple hair and tattoos or something, I might be like, oh that person might get me a little bit.
Speaker 1: More than like other people. I don't know, it's sort of thing.
Speaker 3: I'm sure. I'm sure gost have preferences just like all of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. But so, so, what was the first experience that you've had?
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm so glad I wrote these in chronological order. I literally have I literally have a list here. So I think the very first experience that I had was when I was very young. I want to say I was about four. I remember I was playing in my mom's closet, which you know, insert your own pun, and I remember seeing the door knob on my mom's closet slowly start to turn, and I thought my mom had just gotten home from work, and so I decided that I was going to scare her.
Speaker 3: So I remember.
Speaker 4: I as as I watched the doorknob slowly turn, I grabbed it and then opened the door and went boo, and and then I I froze because there was nothing behind the door.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, So you thought that you were going to be the ghost, you were going to be the spooky, the spooky.
Speaker 1: It was like, I think again, uh yeah, and.
Speaker 4: It's so funny, like as a kid, I I just kind of shrugged it off because I didn't. I didn't really think anything of it. It wasn't until like years later that I was thinking about that because it was such a distinct memory in my head. I can I can see it so vividly now even as I'm talking to you about it, that I realized later on that that I was like, Oh, that that's there was something weird about that, that that shouldn't have happened like that, that should not have turned. That doorknob should not have turned by itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, was this a house that was you know, had haunted activity.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, because I I don't remember anything else like that happening in that house.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was It was the first house that my family lived in when I was growing up, and it was fairly new development. So I mean, unless it was just like you know, you know Indian graveyard beneath us or you know, something like that, Yeah, I know that was only that was the only experience I ever had in that house.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The thing that I've learned from this podcast. I bring it up a lot because it it scares me, it keeps me up at night, is that I have learned that. And of course all this stuff is theory or whatever. It's all just stuff that we learned from hearing people's stories. But it seems that sometimes ghosts don't have to be present because they died at a location or there's some kind of history there. Like sometimes ghosts can just find you. Yeah, Like I think could just show up one day and it could just be a one off, you know, they could it could just be a one time let me turn the door knob, okay, and I'm out of here, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, testing the waters.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and maybe maybe that ghost just didn't get the reaction out of me that they wanted, so they moved on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or maybe it's like I don't know, monsters ink or something, and it's like they're they got to kind of learn how to be a ghost, and so they start off, you know, at a house, and they'll be like, okay, here's the first assignment is to turn a doorknob. All right, I did that. Now it's time to the nuts house. Yes, yeah, you know, no.
Speaker 3: It's so much fun to speculate.
Speaker 4: God, I know, and I just I mean, and I understand why some people just don't, you know, they don't want to even even humor the idea of supernatural stuff. But for me, it's like it's just something I choose to believe in because it's just it's just so damn fun to talk about and wonder, and honestly, I hope, I hope we never have a definitive answer in our lifetime because that would kind of ruin the fun in the mystery of it for me.
Speaker 1: Oh exactly.
Speaker 2: That's like with all this UFO stuff that's been coming out where oh yeah, I mean I think that there's a lot of good that can happen with that, But at the same time, I'm like, the mystery, Like, the mystery is what we love. I don't want it to be like, oh, it's just like you know, we got helicopters, UFOs airplanes, Like I want it to be like a what is that thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's one more fun to almost project your own beliefs on it than then, you know, to have a definitive answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, so what else has happened to you?
Speaker 4: Oh? My gosh, so many things. How much time you have?
Speaker 1: I got as much time as you are willing to give.
Speaker 4: Okay, so the next ghost experience, because because I've got some extraterrestrial and psychic experiences more than.
Speaker 1: Happy to share. How did I get so lucky? Okay, like I.
Speaker 4: Said, like like what I actually, I wasn't very familiar with your podcast when you when you asked me to do this, and then I've been listening to all week and it's one of my new favorite ones and I can't believe I hadn't heard of it before.
Speaker 1: So thank you.
Speaker 3: It's an honor to be here.
Speaker 4: So my next experience, it was in the first house that I lived in Los Angeles, and I bought the house very cheap, which should have been the first red flag, and it was for clothes. It had been in the market for months and months and months. And this was really like right when I was on the I was on the TV show Glee, and it had it had just kind of taken off pretty pretty epically, and uh, I just really needed a house, like I really needed to get out of my apartment building because you know, people would follow me back to my apartment and was the fandom, Yeah, yeah, it was. It was crazy, and yeah, we we were kind of like we were like the musical theater Beatles there for for a while.
Speaker 3: I'm very glad things have calmed down since.
Speaker 1: I'm glad.
Speaker 4: I'm very very glad that other other teenage uh shows have taken the torturem us. But so anyway, so I I found this house, and uh, it was it was you know, it was it was. It wasn't like it wasn't like my dream house or anything, but it was just like it was something I could afford, and it was it was in a safe place, and I felt like I could be safe there, and so I bought it, and strange things started happening, like within like the first like month of me being fully moved in.
Speaker 1: I can I ask a question real quick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, as somebody that you had said you like to ask people if they have ghost stories and that sort of thing. At this point in your life, do you does that part of you go into as you're about to move into a place, Because for me, at this point, as I talk about ghost so much, I won't move into a place without being like, is this place haunted? Has there been any death or anything like that? But would you did you ask or were you curious about that kind of a thing.
Speaker 4: No, because I really wasn't into all of this stuff then at the time.
Speaker 1: So it.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 4: It really was after I had a few unexplainable experiences that I that I started really getting into it and really really enjoying. You know that this the speculation of what had happened or if I was just crazy, and uh this house really uh was was was very much kind of it kind of confirmed for me that that, you know, there was more to life than just life.
Speaker 1: Okay, give it to me.
Speaker 4: So I would I would wake up in the middle of the night and I would just see things at the foot of my bed.
Speaker 3: And uh, one night I.
Speaker 4: Woke up and I saw a man in a janitor's uniform just standing at the foot of my bed, just staring at me. And uh, you know, of course I I sat straight up in my bed and just stared at him for I you know, it felt like an hour, but it's probably just a couple of minutes. And then eventually it it or whatever it was, faded away.
Speaker 2: What h now, Okay, when you see this janitor, was he see through? Was he did he look like a human?
Speaker 3: Uh? He looked just like a human.
Speaker 4: Uh, Because at first I thought it was it was it was an intruder, that's like, you know, I thought I was being uh uh robbed or something at first, and so you know, you do one of those like uh you know as you sit up in bed, and then and then like it's slowly, whatever it was slowly just disappeared. And that's when I knew, oh, that wasn't that that was that was not a person, that was some something else, my god. And then of course, for days after I kept thinking like, okay, I just you know, sleep paralysis, you know what, hallucination you know, uh that you know that had benefitment in my imagination.
Speaker 2: But in those moments when you wake up and you see this living human in your mind just standing there, I mean, did you ask a question or did you what did like? Did you what do you do? I mean that that is such a scary thing because yeah, again, especially with you having so many fans that were going crazy at the time, like it very much could have been somebody sneaking into your house.
Speaker 4: It could have been a parent asking me for an autograph for their daughter. I don't know, you never know, and and and at the time, at the at the time, it was it was really scary because, uh, you know, my character was one of the very first gay teenagers on network television, and I was getting so many death threats, and I mean people were threatening to hurt me and to kill me and left and right. You know, I had all of these uh like these religious fanatics. Uh. I had pastors like calling me the devil, and they're in their sermons. So you know, it was just it was I I thought, oh, I thought, I thought, oh, someone's come to kill me. You know, that was my first my first reaction. And and and so I was I was terrified, and I just I froze and I didn't say anything because I was I was petrified, and I was living alone at the time, which which didn't make matters, you know, which didn't help matters.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to go scare me, but that all of that is scarier.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, I think so too, because yeah, you mean, I agree again, I'm glad. I'm glad it's all calmed down, think, thank goodness. But it was a scary time. So it's such a weird. It's kind of weird to think that this start happening during that time. But also because I was so stressed out all the time, I convinced myself it was just I made it up in my mind. Like I thought, well, I'm under a lot of a lot of stress right now because of you know stuff and and and maybe I'm just I'm hallucinating so well.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people believe that other worldly forces.
Speaker 1: Uh are attracted to that.
Speaker 2: Or maybe you have your walls down, you know, when you're when you're stressed and you're you're thinking about other things, and sometimes it allows for that communication to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or maybe maybe it's really liked my uh my cover if I want to hold your hand.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, my dog is barking.
Speaker 2: Oh God, don't tell me. It's barking and there's nothing there.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's probably a gardener or something.
Speaker 4: Okay, although that I should have gone with that, that had been really creepy for you the show.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 4: So then I kind of just just sort of, you know, uh, stomached it and didn't think much about it.
Speaker 3: I just convinced myself I I was just seeing things. And then a few weeks later.
Speaker 4: I woke up again and I saw a little boy who's he was wearing a white shirt and had blonde hair, and he was he was he was hiding behind my behind the curtains of my bedroom. Just peeking out and just looking at me.
Speaker 1: Wait, in the middle of the night.
Speaker 4: This was like this was like in this one was probably like around dawn, I would say. And again I sat up and gasped very very loudly, and then I remember my abrupt movement scared him and then he disappeared.
Speaker 2: Now can you and I know that when you're in these moments you don't always like take in every single little detail or whatever because you're in shock and stuff, But can you describe what it was like when these figures disappeared? I mean, was it just like you blinked and they're gone, or did they dissolve or.
Speaker 4: I do remember a slight, a slight what do you call transparency? First, but they disappeared pretty quickly. But I but I do remember a slight like could see through them for for a few seconds before before they were gone, like like like it was it was it was it was a quick fade, which by the way, I I I have to disclose. I I totally like, whatever this is. This could be sleep proalysis. This I could be crazy. I could I could have just been stressed and been hallucinating. But regardless, it was very real to me and uh yeah, and it's it's and again I said, it's just it's just so much fun to talk about. So I mean, even if I am crazy, I mean, it's it's it's a it's a fun crazy.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, you came to the right place because we believe in this stuff, So don't.
Speaker 1: Even worry about that.
Speaker 2: But among friends, yes, but I mean with sleep paralysis like you, probably you wouldn't be able to sit up.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: And I and I I have had bad sleep paralysis where I am paralyzed and and can't move and that is very scary. But but yeah, these these experiences, I had full motion and I like, it wasn't just like like I woke up and it was gone. It was like I had I had, I had a minute or you know, good thirty seconds with with with seeing this in front of me.
Speaker 2: And both of these figures did they they both appear to be like the same, like living human beings they were at first Yeah, yeah, okay, and the yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 4: The first one that the janitor was just didn't didn't like have did didn't have any kind of reaction to me waking up. It just kind of heat is very still and just was just kind of looming.
Speaker 3: Over me, staring at me.
Speaker 4: And then the but but the little boy, which was the second one I experienced that he was there.
Speaker 3: He like very much reacted to my reaction, which I thought was interesting.
Speaker 1: So this is how long you've been living in the home?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: This is this was like I want to say, like the second month.
Speaker 2: Okay, And at this point are you afraid to go to bed or are.
Speaker 3: You I At this point I am in deep denial.
Speaker 4: Because it was like it was like it was like the world is scary outside my house, scary inside my house. I'm just gonna pretend everything is okay.
Speaker 1: Did you share this with anybody at the time?
Speaker 4: Oh, of course I told anyone who would listen. And yeah, and then my mom would come and visit me, if you know, occasionally. And my mom is very very much like does not believe in this kind of stuff. Or and and her her for the first time, she say at my house. She she I met her downstairs her breakfast and she goes, this house is haunted.
Speaker 1: Why did she say that?
Speaker 3: She was? I was like, why do you say that?
Speaker 4: And and she said that she she was hearing footsteps in the hallway all night long, and I granted, and I at the time, like I said, I was in denial. And I was like, well, you know, Brian, my cat is very heavy, so maybe you just you know, you heard you know, him stomping around. And She's like, no, Christopher, I heard human footsteps all night long going up down the stairs. And this house is haunted.
Speaker 3: You need to move.
Speaker 4: And again again just you know, denial, denial, denal, stomach at stomach at stomach it. So anyway, you know, the house, like the longer that I lived there, it just seemed like there was just this bad energy in in the air. And the way that it was built was was kind of unsettling too, because the it was it was multi leveled. It was it was like a big hound. It was kind of like a townhouse, but like it sat the kind of over a cliff in the hills. And uh, I uh that the basement was very creepy because the basement was only like partially finished, where like half of it was concrete and the other half was just dirt, like plain dirt, like like basically what I'm saying is bodies could have been buried. Of course, I wouldn't have known. So anyway, it just got to a point and I I remember I went to a psychic and and the psychic told me, yeah, that that you need to get out of that house.
Speaker 3: And and I was like, I agree. So I only lived there.
Speaker 4: I lived there for I think less than less than a year, and and then I then I moved to to another house. But then about I would say about three or four months after I moved from that house, I saw my old neighbor at the grocery store. His name was Ben, and I remember Ben telling me, you know who I'd become friends with.
Speaker 3: Uh over over the over the over the the.
Speaker 4: Time that I was living there. He stopped me the grocertore and he said, I never I would never have told you this while you were living there. But your house used to be a huge like drug house like it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was like people would come like we we would see like Bentley's and cars like parked outside for days and days on end. We would see people go in and then we would never see them come out. And so I was like, okay, well now you tell me. Maybe you could have told me this before I bought the house. But uh so, yeah, so that kind of confirmed to me that that there was some then, uh something something off there.
Speaker 2: Not only are you a dream guest with so many other things, as you've mentioned, you've done your homework and you've listened to the show, but you've got stories with endings. Yeah, with confirmation too, right, Oh my god, a nice little button on the ends. Okay, So then you move into the next place. At this point, do you now say, hey, is this house haunted.
Speaker 3: At this point? Anytime I enter any building, I.
Speaker 4: Ask if it's haunted at this point, and uh yeah, I did, and I remember the realtor said, uh no. In my my next house, the realtor said, no deaths, just a divorce. And I was like, Okay, I can handle a divorce. I can handle that.
Speaker 1: So what experiences have you had since then?
Speaker 3: So yeah, that was kind of like kind of the gateway.
Speaker 4: I think that experience into kind of I think after that I was just much more observant and I was much more sensitive to to stuff. And another I think another good another good story I can tell you was we were shooting Glee at the Pasadena Red Cross and uh, the Pasadena Red Cross is a beautiful building. It is an old mansion that was converted that was donated to the Red Cross and converted into like like a Red Cross like headquarters for the city of Pasadena. And uh, when I was shooting Glee, we used to shoot all if anyone watched the show.
Speaker 3: We used to shoot.
Speaker 4: Uh, the Dalton Academy was was where was what we used the passing the Red Cross to shoot. And I remember I was I was outside, uh looking like I was outside like the entrance.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: We were shooting a scene and waiting for waiting for the director to call action. And Uh, in the scene, I was just supposed to walk in through the front door, and I'm I'm on my on my mark, just you know, waiting for for the director to call action. And I got this feeling that I was being watched, And which is kind of strange because not only is there you know, a million crew members behind me and around me, there was also a you know, there was also like a huge group of pop razzi at the gates of the property snapping pictures. So it's just it was really strange that I got the feeling that I was being watched then, you know, because I was I was clearly being watched for for for the whole day. But then I got suddenly the eerie feeling that I was being watched and I I look up, and I see an older woman in the window of of of of the house.
Speaker 1: And and.
Speaker 4: I remember seeing her gave me chills. And I remember, actually, there's a paparazzi photo of me the minute that I looked up and saw her, which I think is kind of interesting, and if anyone finds it, you'll you'll you you'll know it's the photo I'm talking about because I look, I look very scared and I steer them up anyway, So I and I don't know, there was just something strange about her, and and she didn't look like.
Speaker 3: She was part of our crew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we.
Speaker 3: White, that's all I could see. They love white, right, Just an older lady.
Speaker 4: H just and I I because because it was daytime, it was like it was like the window like was really reflective. So I so so I I I I only saw it. I couldn't see her very well, but I but I definitely saw her.
Speaker 3: And it was weird.
Speaker 4: It was like one of those those things like when you see something you also feel it at the same time. Does that make any sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was almost like I was like feeling her as much as I was seeing her. And anyway, so uh, we should have seen blah blah blah, and and I try to find that room in between setups. I tried to find that that room that I saw this woman in, and I'm kind of exploring the house and then I realize it is uh it was it was the attic. It was the attict that I that I saw her in, and uh, either you know, there's bunch there's a bunch of a bunch of uh like old antiques there. Things were covered with sheets. It was like literally like it was like like it couldn't have been more textbook addict totally.
Speaker 3: And so I was thinking.
Speaker 4: And then of course, because of my experiences at my old house, I thought, oh god, is it happening again? Did I just did I just see a ghost? So I go to the location manager and I ask her, Hey, can we find out if this place is haunted? And she kind of gave me, like, you know, that weird look that everyone gives you when you know, asked the question like that, and she's like, uh, sure, get give me, give me a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Let me get right on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so then and then and then a few uh, I said, like twenty minutes later, she comes up to me with a huge smile on her face and she's like, you're not going to believe this, and I was like, trust me, I will and she's like, this house, Uh, this house is people claim this house is very haunted. They they claim they've seen a woman roaming the hall, an older woman roaming the halls. And it's actually been on the show ghost Hunters. Oh my god, and I had.
Speaker 3: I had never seen I swear I had never seen that episode.
Speaker 1: I just I.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So again, that was that was confirmation for me that, okay, so yeah, I experienced something that other people have also experienced.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, for anyone that's never been to Pasadena, it is just like gigantic old houses. Yeah, and so many of them are haunted. There's tons of haunted places in Pasadena. They just love it there.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean it's very nice. I can't blame them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is nice.
Speaker 2: Did you guys so you filmed a lot there? So did did other people have experiences that you knew about?
Speaker 4: I never actually asked anyone about it, because this is actually when this happened. We were this was season five, and I actually never went back there again. This is this is actually the last time that I was there. So maybe she was saying goodbye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you should go visit her.
Speaker 3: What a weird way to get in. Hi, I have a I know the lady.
Speaker 1: In the attic, I know the ghost here.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I was thinking, I I did a little research of my own and I found a clip from when you were on Jimmy Fallon and you were telling the story about a little alien that you encountered.
Speaker 1: Can we hear that story?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Yeah, that's on my list. Yeah. So I I was, I was, I was little.
Speaker 4: I was I want to say about I forget. I think it was like five or six or something like that, and I had terrible bronchitis, and so I was hyped up on on lots of uh, you know, cough syrup and and whatnot. And I remember again waking up in the middle of the night and uh there was a little et standing at the foot of my bed and he was very very cute, and I I remember it was so strange because I as soon as I opened them my eyes and I realized what I was looking at. I was not afraid of it at all, which is kind of funny because every time I've ever anytime that that that experience has happened to me before or after, I've always been very scared. But there there was something about seeing this extraterrestrial that I I felt very almost comforted.
Speaker 3: That that he was there or or she or or they, and uh yeah.
Speaker 4: And uh I totally like again, it could have could have been a hallucination, but kind of a very specific, strange hallucination to have. And ever since then, I've I've been fascinated by uh, you know, the alien theories and and and uh UFOs and uh it's it's one of my little hobbies to to research and and read about.
Speaker 2: But what was it that made you think that it was an alien as opposed to a ghost or anything else.
Speaker 4: He had a huge head, huge eyes, he looked he looked just like just like like the alien emoji.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, about I would say, about three and a half feet tall, like bluish grayish skin oh uh and uh yeah and then and yeah and uh but adorable, absolutely adorable and and maybe maybe he was just so cute.
Speaker 3: I wasn't afraid.
Speaker 2: And so how did that one end? Did he did he walk out the room or what happened?
Speaker 4: Same same as my ghost experiences later on it was faded. Wow, which again I which anyone, you know, any skeptics listening, would say, okay, clearly, if you know you have the same thing happened to you more than once, it's probably medical.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not you know, uh, it's not supernatural.
Speaker 1: But oh come on, well, I I think I.
Speaker 3: Think it was real because I you know, I it's a lot of fun. I think it was real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, Well because when I was watching the clip with Jimmy Fallon, you were saying that it was kind of, uh telepathic communication between the two of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was kind of like I just I, like I said, like, I knew he was I knew they were there. They weren't there to hurt me, and I knew they just were there to say basically, hey, feel better.
Speaker 1: Have you have you heard about this documentary called The Phenomenon?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's on is it Discovery Plus?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, which I'm obsessed with Discovery Plus because it has all these paranormal shows and stuff, but that one has this story that I had never heard before of these kids in Zimbabwe that were at school and they were doing recess and all of a sudden, this UFO came down and basically what you described came out of the craft and had telepathic communication with them, and all of these children experienced it, and there was I guess in the nineties.
Speaker 1: This was in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: The BBC did an interview with the children and the kids seem very like, very convinced, and there are a lot of them that experienced this. And then in this documentary the phenomenon, they go back and they catch up with the kids and it just reminded me so much of that story when I heard yours.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I gotta finish. I think I started it but never finished it, So I definitely got to check that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's right towards the end of it. It's it's so cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And a very similar thing happened in I think it was either it was either Australia or New Zealand, like I can't remember, but where these kids were playing at recess and there was like fifty of them, you know, playing soccer or something and a saucer flew by and they all saw it. And to this day, they all, they all, every single one of them, it still claims that they you know, they saw what they saw. And it's always great when you know someone else is there, so you know you don't feel you know, you don't feel crazy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what's so great about the stories that you've told about your ghost stuff is that it seems like you've gotten a little bit of validation that that stuff that other people have experienced.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and I mean I absolutely believe in in aliens. I think aliens are kind of like the exact opposite of Sanna. You know, we're like like when we're as we grow up, like we slowly start to realize Sanna isn't real.
Speaker 3: But with aliens, it's.
Speaker 4: Like, as we grow up, we slowly start to realize, oh no, they these things are real.
Speaker 1: Right. And I think that they they come in peace. That's my vida two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two.
Speaker 4: I think they're so so far advanced that they have no reason to mess with us. I mean, if anything, I think they're just they're they're just checking on us, very much like we would check, you know, on rhinos in the wild.
Speaker 2: Right, But I'm starting to think after these billionaires are going into outer space, I'm like, what if aliens are just like billionaires on their planet that are just kind of going on vacation to look at us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, teenagers with the keys to their parents' car.
Speaker 1: That's what I always say.
Speaker 2: Yes, I feel like they're just like, let's go look at these idiots on Earth that are just like, you know, fighting and killing their planet and.
Speaker 4: Would be funny, like like the Roswell incident is like they're like drunk driving Awareness month.
Speaker 2: Seriously, it's like, yeah, this is what happens if you don't pay attention to your craft. So what what else is on that list you got over there?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I've got okay, all right, well I guess I guess, I guess I can. I can finish my ghost list and then literally just like you and you can edit this however you want, but I mean, I'll just give you everything I've got.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the next one, I've had. My my mom passed away in twenty sixteen, and I've had some very strange experiences that me and my family and my friends are convinced are it is absolutely her, her ghosts saying saying hello for one my when my dad remarried. My my dad remarried a few years after she passed in to a one ful, wonderful woman I have, I have a I have a wonderful stepmother.
Speaker 1: But she.
Speaker 4: Kept finding her engagement ring in the trash can and couldn't figure out how it was getting there. So we always joked that my mom wasn't really happy that my dad was was remarrying.
Speaker 3: With me. Though there was one.
Speaker 4: Time because I used to love teasing my mom because because she would get so she would get so flustered whenever I tease her. And uh, my, my boyfriend and I were sitting at our dining table actually where I'm sitting right now, and uh, we were just, you know, reminiscing about her and and you know, kind of kind of kind of teasing her as if as if she was there and her I have her ashes in a in a shelf on a bookcase.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Next, this is this is a lot of details, so so so bear with me. Her ashes are on a on a shelf on my on my bookcase, next to a lamb that was made from her a stuft animal lamb that's made from her wedding dress. Oh, it's cute, very cute, very cute. When I was a kid, I had a lamb that was like my it was my teddy bear. So when my my my mom passed away, my dad had things made for me and my sister out of her, like pillows and stuffed animals out.
Speaker 3: Of her wedding dress. And it's very very pretty.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So we're sitting here and we're my boyfriend I were sitting here, and we were we were, we were you know, kind of rising her a little bit, and suddenly, out of nowhere, the lamb just gets knocked off the shelf. And it like like there was no there was no explanation for it. So it was a deep shelf like it it always sits in the very very very back of the shelf. So even if it had fallen over, it wouldn't have fallen off the shelf.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would have just fallen you know, it would have you know, been lopsided in the shelf. But this was like as if as if as if it had been kicked out from out of the shelf. It kind of it came flying out again and that was that was great because I had someone here who witnessed it with me. Yeah, and so we were just like, okay, I guess she didn't didn't like that joke. And then uh another story involving my mom. Uh and this this, this one, this one is great. I actually wasn't present for this one, but it's it's a great story. I Uh, I bought a beach house in this the kind of like the near the Santa Barbara area a few years ago, and uh, I used to always joke that it was my mom's house because she always ended up using it more than I did. It seemed like she was there every weekend with a new group of friends and uh a few about a year after she died, I got a call from my neighbor up there that said, you know, your your garage is is malfunctioning. It just it just keeps opening and closing, opening and closing, opening and closing. So my assistant, Heather, went up to see what the problem was and she tried to close it. She tried to fix it, and she couldn't. It just kept opening and closing, opening and closing. So she called the technician to come out and look at it. And he came out and he looked at it and looked at it, and he could not figure out what the problem was. And he concluded that the something something microscopic in the like the microchip of the uh you know, of the of the what do you call it, the the pad that you know that where you hit the button to open and close the barage. He said that something my microscopic must have broken and uh, the term they use for that is called ghosting, when when it's something so small they can't receive it, but it's causing the machinery to malfunction.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll have my lawyers get in contact with them.
Speaker 4: Ghosting and anyway, so he explained this to my assistant, Heather, and he he's he replaced, He replaced the microchip and it started working fine. And on his way out, he said, oh, by the way, you know, it was nice to meet you, Karen to my assistant. And my mom's name was Karen, what right, right? And so Heather, my assistant, apparently, she said she just froze, went pale, and she was like, that's not my name. And then and then she was like, but like we always joke that a woman named Karen.
Speaker 3: Her spirit is at this place. We joke about it.
Speaker 4: All the time, and she said the guy got so freaked out. He just he just was like, let's not talk about this and drove off.
Speaker 1: Why did he think that she was Karen?
Speaker 3: Isn't that insane?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I know.
Speaker 4: That's that's pretty I mean, And like I said, I wasn't there. I didn't see it, but I mean, what a story.
Speaker 1: Whoa you know?
Speaker 2: That's like, okay, I had this story happened one time that I've told on the show, and I'll just tell you briefly, Like I had this experience where I was staying in a friend's house that I kind of knew was a little bit haunted, and I had an experience in the middle of the night where like a door, the closet door opened and whatever.
Speaker 1: And then I woke up.
Speaker 2: The next day and I had in my brain the name of what the ghost was.
Speaker 1: And my friend didn't know that she had.
Speaker 2: She had actually just found out that that's what the ghosts name was, and she was like, how did you know that? And I'm like, I don't know, it was just in my head. That's just what I thought the ghosts. I just had it in my head.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Yeah, you know, I this the story I told you. I know, I know exactly what mean the story that I told you about the Red Cross in Pasadena. For whatever reason, I just I knew the lady that I was looking at. I just knew her name started with the sea. I don't know why, it just it just like it popped into my head, like like it just entered my mind. And then I asked the location manager, you know what the name of the the the family who was who lived there, who donated the house to the Red Cross, And she said they were they were called the Craven family with with with the c oh. I know exactly what you're talking about. It It's strange what what what we pick up on.
Speaker 1: I think that both of us are psychics.
Speaker 2: I think that we like like I think you and I both have because what you're the kind of stories that you're telling me are kinds that I've had in my life where I think that goes. I think ghosts like us, and I think that if we wanted to, we could actually be like real psychics. Like I think that I think.
Speaker 4: I mean, I I have been told by many psychics that I'm psychic.
Speaker 1: Psych I've ever been to. They're like, if you wanted to, you could steal all of our business.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, no, I'm one of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't really want to be a psychic, but.
Speaker 3: It seems like it take a lot of work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's just too much. I don't want to know everything about everything. And you know, I mean, have you had a lot of experiences with psychics.
Speaker 4: Well, one of my best friends in the entire world is is a psychic. Her name is shar And I char Margole Is. She's incredible. She she she had she had her own show on Will Plus the reading reading for queens, and she is uh famously she she, I don't know if you know the story about when a Dean Martin's brother UH died in a plane crash off the coast of Hawaii, and UH the search and rescue UH searched for his body for days and days, and they were desperate, and so they called shar and she walked into the search and rescue headquarters and pointed to a map and said, he's here, and they found him that afternoon. WHOA, Yeah, so UH and they're actually actually making a documentary about it right now, So, uh, that'll be fun when that when that comes out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's one psychic ability that I would love to have, to be able to find things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she like, she's I mean you you got to have her on on on your show. I think I think, I think you would get along. I'll make the connection happen. But she also used to work, uh, used to work for for the police and and like these they used to like like like Mike mike her and wire her and send her into into places and she would pick up on things and and help help detectives and stuff.
Speaker 3: So she's she's got a lot of amazing stories.
Speaker 2: Did it ever appeal to you to do like Tyler Henry or you know, any of these celebrity psychic shows, It did?
Speaker 4: I you know, when like like like I've definitely had offers to do like like him and and the Long Island Medium and and whatnot. And I I find I believe in all that so much.
Speaker 3: I just don't.
Speaker 4: I just I wouldn't be very comfortable being that vulnerable on camera.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean it gets heavy, it.
Speaker 4: Gets really heavy, and and so I mean like like like stories like this. I think I have no problem telling anyone because I think they're fun and and and uh and and whatnot. But yeah, I just like I don't know, I I don't I don't want my my deceased relatives spilling all, you know, telling all my secrets.
Speaker 1: Yeah totally.
Speaker 2: So have you had other extraterrestrial type experiences, you know.
Speaker 1: I've had.
Speaker 3: I've had some some.
Speaker 4: Crazy dreams, uh where I've been like a board UFOs and whatnot. Never like anything cool like where I'm being experimented on. It's it's more like it's more like, oh, crap, how do you get in here?
Speaker 3: Kind of a kind of a thing. But I did see a UFO for the first time last year.
Speaker 1: It keeps getting better, I know, I know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean I I sound like a lunatic And that's okay.
Speaker 2: Now you don't not here if you were on like I don't know c Span right now being interviewed, Yes, but yeah right now.
Speaker 4: And I for the record, if I wanted attention, there are many many avenues I could I could.
Speaker 1: Pursue, trust me, Yeah, totally.
Speaker 4: But uh yeah, And I think I think I'm actually because I have a book coming out this, uh, this this uh this fall. So I think i'll have to I'll have to uh when I promoted, I'll have to, you know, let show that she led the tonight show showed the video or something because because I took a video of it.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh my god, Okay, So what happened.
Speaker 3: So I was leaving, I was leaving. I forget. Actually it wasn't last year, I think it was.
Speaker 4: It was might have been in January actually January of this year, and I was leaving.
Speaker 3: Or was I leaving I was? I forget where I was leaving.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I was stepping out, and I was wearing sunglasses and I look up in the sky, and had I not been wearing sunglasses, I would not have seen it, because it blended into the.
Speaker 3: Sky pretty well. But it was just like this.
Speaker 4: It was this this white like it looked like a like a like a cylind, like a cylinder, very small, just hovering in the air, and it was it was bobbing from side to side.
Speaker 3: It wasn't moving with the wind.
Speaker 4: It was it was it was upright and it was just it was just it was just chillin in the sky and I wasn't sure what it was so I took a video of it, and uh, you know, sent it to a lot of my sent a lot of my friends, you know, and they all congratulated me on my my first UFO side because they they knew what a milestone.
Speaker 3: It was for me.
Speaker 1: This was here in California.
Speaker 4: It was here in California, in Los Angeles, and then later that later that afternoon. It's funny because they is when I think it was. I think it was American. The American Airlines pilots in Arizona reported seeing a cylinder flying over Arizona. So I remember, I remember it was the same exact day, and uh, luckily, like our iPhones date everything, so I was able, you know, I was able to to make that connection.
Speaker 2: There's this other thing with UFOs that people believe, which is that there's some people that UFOs and aliens like keep up with, you know, and maybe maybe you'll have a series of those experiences.
Speaker 4: I hope so, because because God, like I said, they're they're my favorite thing to talk about. Like I just it's such a passion project imagining.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, you experienced one at such a young age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, maybe maybe maybe maybe that's not a mole on my on my neck.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's a tracking device.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know what I was reading? Frank Dresher says that she like had an experience with an alien like that.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if it's legit or not, but I read it online, so it's probably.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, there there's a there's a there's a great story about uh.
Speaker 3: I think it was.
Speaker 4: It was a party at Lucilla Ball's house. Ronald Reagan came came to the party. Uh you know, back this was he was long before he was even you know, thinking about politics. He was just you know, an actor in westerns. He came to the party, it kind of disheveled, and they asked him what was wrong, and he said that he had he had encountered uh, extraterrestrials like on Mulholland, and one of them told him he was going to be president.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't that nuts?
Speaker 1: But I've never heard that story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah. Have you ever been to Alien con?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Have you?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, treat yourself.
Speaker 1: Where is that in Roswell?
Speaker 3: Uh? The one I went to, Although I have I have been to Roswell.
Speaker 4: I went to Roswell on vacation because I'm eccentric and I loved I took it. I took a tour of Roswell Tours by Dennis. I highly recommend. He will give you all the information you ever you ever want. But no, I went to Alien con I think it's actually it was in Pasadena, of all, randomly a few years back, and it was, Oh my god, it.
Speaker 3: Was I mean it was.
Speaker 4: It was kind of like a cheesy convention, but just the people watching is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Oh of course, that's like.
Speaker 4: The Q and A section at the panels are like fascinating and and you know, you know people they always use the Q and A in those those those scenarios to just talk about themselves, and oh my god, it was just it was it was a gift.
Speaker 2: So when it comes to UFOs and aliens, like, so, what do you believe? Do you believe that they live on another planet in outer space and they come here? Because sometimes I have these beliefs that what if they like live here.
Speaker 3: M yeah, I go back and forth.
Speaker 4: I I think I honestly, my theory is is actually maybe they're just they're just a very very evolved form of us you know, I've always because you know, when you when you look at when you look at like the you know, the the evolutionary diagram of of you know, you know, chimps evolving into human beings. You know, the the further that our species progresses, it's like the less hairy we get, the big the bigger our heads become, the bigger our eyes become, and uh, you know, the more we lose digits, like you know, fingers and tails and whatnot. And so if you put like the traditional depiction of an alien.
Speaker 3: On that on that that that what do you call it? That that chart?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could see actually how we could actually evolve into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there is always kind of that feeling of like they're at the zoo or something right when they're looking at us, and it's like, yeah, what if they are more evolved versions of Do you want to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, it's time.
Speaker 2: For EVP.
Speaker 1: Or ev plice. So you know how this works.
Speaker 2: I go to YouTube and I look up e VP is Electronic voice phenomenal AKA people on the Internet that believe they have captured ghosts speaking. And I'll give you some options. First, let me know what you hear, and we'll try to figure out what these ghost hunters believe their ghost is saying. So this first one comes from the it's called American Paranormal Research Association. That sounds very official on YouTube. And this is at Murphy's Historic Hotel, which is in Murphy's, California. And let's see if you can hear anything.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Always I give the benefit of the doubt, especially because we're doing this over zoom.
Speaker 1: It might be hard to hear, but we'll try. All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it happened so fast. We've played again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, oh my god, I have no It kind of sounds like almost like I cash me.
Speaker 1: Outside, catch me outside? How about that? Yeah? I mean it's definitely.
Speaker 2: It sounds like kind of a higher pitch voice from a distance, uh, saying like kind of a sentence.
Speaker 1: Play it again.
Speaker 4: It's almost like uh like like like uh, you know the song Booty Booty Booty Booty Rock and everywhere. That's that's it seems like they they say the first the first lyrics and they give up.
Speaker 2: I think it sounds like that Madonna song what are you looking at?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I hear. Wait, let me play it again. What are you looking at?
Speaker 3: I agree with you. I think that's that's the closest thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I have some other options, so it's one of these. Is that A? What A my freaking plants? Maybe they're going out of town and they want you to water the plants. I don't know, is it nicely?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: At least that was more of a demand. Okay, how about B? What do you think you're doing?
Speaker 1: Is it C? I wonder about you? Or D?
Speaker 2: What if I got highlights? Maybe they're thinking about, you know, switching it up?
Speaker 3: What was was option B?
Speaker 2: What do you think you're doing? I would say that, Okay, let me play it again. Yeah that's what they think it says, and I actually kind of hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah I hear. I definitely heard that.
Speaker 1: What do you think you're doing?
Speaker 2: Okay, here's one more, and this one is from Oklahoma Ghost Chasers and I couldn't figure out what the location was. So at someplace with a ghost and here's a ghost speaking.
Speaker 1: What is it saying?
Speaker 2: Okay, this one's more of a whisper with a lot of background noise, but it's yeah, it's a whispery kind of a ghost. I'll played again. Do you hear anything one more time?
Speaker 4: I can't make out anything like like if anything. It kind of seems like a It kind of sounds like who are you gonna try?
Speaker 1: Who are you gonna call? Ghosts? Boasters? Yeah, it's one more time.
Speaker 3: No, no, No, that's a tough one.
Speaker 2: I feel like it sounds like terminator, terminator. Okay, let me give you some options. Is it a turtle head, B, you better back up, C, turn that off?
Speaker 1: Or D. My attorney just called.
Speaker 3: Well I respect D the most.
Speaker 1: Let me let me.
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: It says turn that off, turn that off. Okay, Okay, now that we know that, let's hear it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I can hear that.
Speaker 1: Now turn that off? Yeah, I can hear it. I can hear it. Well, I think that's about it.
Speaker 2: I think we got a full episode of amazing stories here.
Speaker 1: I am so grateful that you.
Speaker 4: Didn't shut up. Thank you so much for giving me a safe place.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's perfect. And so what's going on with you? You got another book coming out? I mean this is number what now? You've written so many?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is number eighteen for me.
Speaker 2: Congratulations you are my niece, my niece, Ella's favorite author.
Speaker 1: Oh shout out to Ella.
Speaker 4: Hi Ella, thank you so much, so yeah, so yeah, another book coming. I just had a graphic novel come out last month called Goldilocks Wanted Dead or Alive. And my new book, A Tale of Sorcery is the third book in my new in my A Tale of Magic series, so that I'll be hitting shelves in September.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much to Chris Cole for for how did I get so lucky?
Speaker 1: And if you want to hear.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit more where I talk to Chris about haunted dolls, bigfoots, deemons, you know, that kind of other otherworldly other stuff and cryptid creatures and that sort of a thing. I have a little clip on my Patreon patreon dot com slash ross dress Fules. You can also watch a video of me talking about haunted eBay dolls.
Speaker 1: Hey are you subscribed to the show. Please subscribe?
Speaker 2: Rate the show five stars and if you have a ghost story, you could leave it in a five star review, or you could just write something nice, or you could send me a ghost story to ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com with the subject line listen episode, and maybe I could have you on an upcoming listener episode. I as have a Facebook group called Ghosted by Roz dres Falaes and hey, spooky season is getting real, real close, so help me spread the word about this fun show we do over here. I am on Instagram at Roz Hernandez cameo Roz dress Flaz. I love you all, both living and dead.
Speaker 1: But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Hey, back Star a podcast network