Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live rock you by Prize Picks. Sign up today for Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: Use that promo code leading Off when you do to get the one hundred dollars deposit up to one hundred dollars match from Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: And of course I'm Joey p Joe Pizzapia.
Speaker 2: That of course is the Welsh and it's you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks Welsh. We've got some good news, We've got some bad news. We got some milestones, we got some call ups. It is a busy day of Major League Baseball. But uh, let's let's not start on the download because everybody knows who the download is.
Speaker 1: I don't want to start there. I don't want to bum you out.
Speaker 3: Are you like went hold on? Are you one of those I got good news and I got bad news and you're like, I give me the good news first and then the bad news. Are you you're one of us? No, I'm a bad news first kind of Well, then let's wreck the band aid off, Joe. Why why are we sing around the bad news?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Let's rip the band aid on, Tommy John surgery for Jeffrey Springs.
Speaker 1: Let's start there.
Speaker 2: I was gonna start with happier things, but whatever you want to be negative, Nancy, we'll start here. So yeah, So no Jeffrey Springs the rest of the season. This is certainly a big blow to the Tampa Bay rotation. Obviously, we know that we got a good question the chat I saw here somebody was already asking about needing help to replace Jeffrey Springs. Would you rather add Andrew Heeney, read Debtmers, Tyler Molly or Garrett Whitlock. It's a ten team head to head league Welsh When you're looking for replacements of these guys, who would stand out to you that's.
Speaker 3: From Timothy Probably it's Teeny or Debtmers, one of those too. Ten Teamly you can stream a whole bunch. Debtmers has been a little bit wonky so far this year as far as consistency. I think he'd be the guy you could keep. But Heeney has got that little baby to grom in him sometimes, so I think I would probably start with Heeney and keep Debt Meers on the docket. I will say, though, Joe, because most importantly you're bearing the lead that this is most painful to me, not the Rays or listeners, most painful to me. And I am trying to figure out how to get through this. And the Rays screwed with us yesterday too, over an hour because they had this tweet that came out by one of their beat reporters that was like, hey, by the way, he's actually not going on the sixties, going in the fifteen and they're calling in the sprain and we were like, hey, maybe good news, and they said, gotcha, Tommy John Surgery's out for the year. Get out of here, kid, And I was like, oh man, it was a brutal, brutal day and I was still hurting. So you know, send your thoughts and prayers to me.
Speaker 1: There you go, thoughts and prayers which do a lot. It's a shame too.
Speaker 2: I mean, two and zero point five sixty twenty five k's and sixteen innings.
Speaker 1: I mean, he looked great.
Speaker 2: The Rays continue to look good though, fifth shutout of the season for them. They have a home run streak of eighteen games, second longest by the way to what MLB team, So who has a longer home run streak?
Speaker 1: Well, if you.
Speaker 2: Think you know the answer, dropping the chat, and you win my eternal respect.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's all you get is you know you're dropping. It's actually recent too. It did not happen that long ago. So it's something to keep in mind. There's your hint. All right, boys and girls, let's talk about Clayton Kershaw yesterday gets his two hundredth victory against the New York Mets, who's always kind of owned in his career. Seven innings, nine k's, no earned runs. I told everybody yesterday, you know, if you want to add this to the parlay, you do the do the two games that I had knocked off there for which were the Cubs against the A's troll, the A's every day and Spencer Schreider going on the mound, those two things, and if you want to add a third in and bet it separately again, you can add in this game.
Speaker 1: Because we knew Clayton Kershaw will get the victory.
Speaker 2: He did a lovely moment for Clayton Kershaw a law Hall of Fame or first ballot correct on your ballot.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know, I know. If you saw Chris Bassett tweeted just a little bit ago and he said in my books. This is kind of a wild take at the top too, Jacob de Gram is the best is the best? Why?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Why is your best starting pitcher of all time? But what Clayton Kershaw's numbers are are insane, he said, he's like looking under the numbers. It's almost unbelievable what Kershaw's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a great career for him, obviously, you know, some of those back issues has robbed him of some starts in his prime.
Speaker 1: That is very upsetting, very troubling.
Speaker 2: Speaking of upsetting and troubling, Jacob de Gram, there's a transition for you. Told reporters he expects to make his next start. So everybody, nice, deep breath in, nice exhale out. This is the best case scenario if you have Jacob de Gram. The question is are you still feeling warm and fuzzy about this or in the back of your head are you screaming at like the fever pitch right now? Because you know it's just at any time anything could happen. How do you feel about this news with Dagromlin got to be excited, right, but are you concerned?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think it's great news. No, that's what I said. Yesterday. This is what you built in when you drafted your Jacob de Grom. You knew you were missing time. We projected No One project him a two hundred plus innings right, so he was going to miss time. This was part of the scare. It didn't happen, completely unrelated to anything he's ever had before. Sure, I think it's gonna get your juices boil in a little bit. And if you don't have the stomach for Jacob d Gram, I don't know why you drafted him in the first place, but if you want to move off, you can. It's just a little scare. This is the best case scenario for Jacob deGrom, so we can all go back to our regularly scheduled waiting for him to fall. Programming.
Speaker 2: Joe, by the way, I want to shout out our boy Adela Gadillo here seventy seven because he is at the top of our group at Betting Pros right now, in our little Bettingpros dot com slash leading off group. So Adele's crushing it right now. My BET's way on the positive as well. I got to catch up to my boy here Adele, though, but shout out to him and if you haven't already joined again, we're just making picks on betting pros. You don't even have to be putting money out. You're making picks. You can kind of see where you're at with certain things and see maybe you should be making investments.
Speaker 3: If you get or top three. I think we are up there.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to say some guy named Mike Mayer somewhere hovering around there as well.
Speaker 3: But yeah, somewhere on there and you can check by ROI, you can check buy money return. It's it's a fun. It's bettingpros dot com slash leading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go join a Hunter Green.
Speaker 2: He's joining the Reds for another six years, fifty three million dollar.
Speaker 1: Extension for him. Bryson Stott has a seventeen game.
Speaker 2: His storyk I keep on everybody to sell the ISOs low. The walk rate is one point two, the strikeout rate is twenty two point two.
Speaker 3: I mean to walk them atter hitting all day.
Speaker 2: Look, yeah whatever, this guy that has six fifty ops last year, I'm not buying this. This is peak Brice and stot Okay, he just he can't maintain this pace. Pick him up, sell him, do something. Show he Otani, by the way, got me a dinger. That's number three for joeyp On the year. I believe maybe even four. Actually, I gotta see. I don't even know where I am on the pager. I think I got two from Alonzo over the weekend, if memory serves right. Didn't he have two against the A's. I think he did. I could be wrong. I'm sure Mike Mayer will tell me I'm wrong anyway. I'm sure at some point. But anyway, Otani shows up in big spots, I just might have to roll over again and double down. Spencer Strider nine strikeouts, six shutout innings. He has a fourteen point nine caper nine this year, Welsh, your thoughts on Spencer Streider, Well.
Speaker 3: If you were watching also, he had a no hitter going through I think it was the fifth or so. I was watching some of the game and he is the best. I mean, like all of the takes of like, you know, could he get to the top, Yeah, he absolutely can. He just makes the two pitches work. He's an absolute bulldog on the mound. I love him dearly, so I expect the worst to happen soon. That's where I'm at right now.
Speaker 2: Look a welshism here your boil's juice, get your juice boiling. I think it's your blood boiling or your juice going. Did you say my juice boiling? Did you say that? Or somebody else know chat I don't know, but that sounds like a Welsh isn't to me to answer the question, by the way, because nobody's gotten it right here. The team that has the longest streak of home runs the twenty nineteen Mariners. Here you go, so they had the longest streak there with twenty So closing in on that. By the way, again, there it is Boom leading off group bettingpros dot Com slash leading off, Mike mayor Johnny on the spot.
Speaker 1: There, there you go with that. Let's continue on.
Speaker 2: With some Nate Yavaldi another guy would give Tony to bye bye bye well yesterday six innings, five k's, two walks to earn again.
Speaker 1: One of the easiest things you can do is look.
Speaker 2: At the people and era the tie and then just look at the pips and there you go, there's your pictures to buy. I mean, it's just it's so easy every year to do this, and yet people don't do it. The a's are doing something, they're promoting Jordan Diaz and Mason Miller, So everybody's all about Mason Miller, plus Brian Rocchio also getting called up for the Guardians. Well, shear the prospect guru, take me through Diaz, Mason Miller, who makes a start today?
Speaker 1: And Rochio Rochio.
Speaker 3: I actually did not see that Rokyo got called up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rochio twenty two years old hitting three forty four with a four to fourteen five four forty excuse me, four fifty nine slash. Sorry, I gut Brian Rochio. I was actually skills, by the way as well for him for the Guardians.
Speaker 3: I said his pro debut when he got called up from the Dominican Republic and he was playing on the backfields of the Peoria and his and he hit homer in his pro debut. Brian Rochio is very fun, great contact hitter, can run a bit. He's the better version of Tyler Freeman if people are out there. So I like that a lot. But Mason Miller is kind of the big one. Mason Miller hits one hundred tops out around one oh two. He was in thereson a fall league. My only issue with him has been he doesn't even have thirty pro innings under his belt and they've already called him up, which is crazy good for the A's really got to pick up those wins. They got to get those wins going, So they got to get a guy up. I don't know how many innings are going to push him, but he is a big fastball and cutter guy. Cutter can go into a slider. He's got close to twenty mile prior variance. He threw all three in his last start in Triple A, which he struck out eleven, and he had like nineteen or twenty whiffs. It was crazy. He had a twenty seven CSW which is a forty one percent called strikes and whiffs that he put up there. I mean, this is a big, big fastball guy who's got crazy movement on all the pitches. It's going to be about command and it's going to be about you know, keeping guys off. Obviously, that fastball is going to be dominant. I expect him to be good early on. I just don't know how long and how many innings he can get out of the A's. So like, I'm not I wouldn't be throwing the type of fab or excitement that I would with Taj Bradley, but I think it's probably in the general range. So Mason Miller's to pick up if he's out there, especially in the short term. Books won't put any bets on him. And now that I heard that Rochio's up, I'm very much into Rokio if he's going to get.
Speaker 2: Well well, that seems as though if Rokio is getting called up, that you're going to get im ed Versario going on the ail. That's what everybody inticipates here, so it might not be a very long term thing. But again you're looking to stream somebody, it seems like that. But Rochio seems to be getting the call. Also, Mike Marriage just sent this to me the leaderboard right now in terms of where are we ROI Shark psych is up there in ROI at twenty two point one. When you know what, This handsome bald man is number two at nineteen point three on the positive return on investment.
Speaker 1: So follow my bets on there every single day.
Speaker 2: By the way, win percentage, Nikidia one is up at the top number one, the Welsh is number two, and Joey p is number three, follow by the Wonky Penguin. There So there you have it so crushing some MLB bets. So if you're looking there again, go join the group. Go see what we're doing. Those are the April leader boards right now, Mayor just send it to me. So good job, Mayor. He did your one useful thing for the day. Marcus Simeon three straight games with a home run. Not too shabby.
Speaker 1: See this whole time, you should have been picking Marcus Simeono.
Speaker 3: I told you I can't pick him right, So well, we'll.
Speaker 2: See what happens today. Let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about so Rare. Get ready for so Rare MLB. So Rare MLB is a revolutionary, free to play fantasy baseball game with officially licensed digital cards from all thirty MLB teams. Go to fantasypros dot com, slash collect and sign up today. Build and manage your fantasy MLB team like a PROGM and compete against opponents worldwide for epic rewards. Unlike other fantasy baseball platforms, so Rare managers truly own their fantasy experience, scouting, buying, selling, and competing with player cards.
Speaker 1: Each week and season. You actually own your cards.
Speaker 2: So you win or lose your cards are yours no matter what. So Rare MLB also allows you to advance to higher levels of competition that offer more rewards as you win more games.
Speaker 1: Join now at.
Speaker 2: Fantasypros dot com slash collect and take your fantasy baseball experience to the next level with so rare MLB.
Speaker 1: So rare MLB. The next era is yours. And now back to the action. Let's get to injury news. Here. We had Chas McCormick going on the il with the back.
Speaker 2: He's have some vision problems on the back issue, so they just said lessen, I just take a week off and we'll see how everything goes. Carlos Carrasco another one bites the dust for the Mets elbow inflammation. This is no bueno for the Mets. It's good news for people who have David Peterson, good news for people who have ty Lor the terrible but the Mets rotation. I know Shress going today finally, but they need Verlander back in the worst way. And again I keep telling everybody this is why the Otani thing makes so much sense. The Mets desperately need more pitching, they need more left handed power. Otani fills both of those problems for them. They have the pieces to get it done. But Carls KARRASKI going il. Look, I got zero shares. I wasn't touch them this year. But Welsh mcguil or Peterson who would rather have rest of season?
Speaker 3: Oh, I guess I'll go with McGill right now. But all of it's kind of a mess. Like you said, Verlander also announced or it was announced that he's not going to be back in April at all. So this is going to be to May with Verlander. I knew, but yeah, but there's just more of an announcement on it. So yeah, I guess I would go with McGill. But it's pretty dirty right now.
Speaker 2: It's dirty out there, like that old Christina Aguilera song, Remember when she was dirty?
Speaker 1: Remember that?
Speaker 3: Were you Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera, which.
Speaker 1: One well, one can sing Christina.
Speaker 3: Agular always Agulera, But Britney Spears depresses me. Now, She's very depressing, like watching people send it to me because people know I'm very much not a fan of Like, it's very depressing to see her doing what she's doing. What which is what the Las Vegas go take a no no, no, no, up.
Speaker 2: On the Britney Spears News. I remember she was fighting her dad about being set free from.
Speaker 3: She's free now, she's a free woman. But go and go and check out the one of her Instagram posts show or her tiktoks and tell me how you.
Speaker 1: Do we know? So in other words, she should have had somebody in charge.
Speaker 3: She's what you're saying, it's depressing. I mean, unless you's like just the train wrecks in front of you, it's.
Speaker 1: Very very I do like a good train wreck.
Speaker 3: That's always Christine agule before the chaos, I was always Christina Aguilera.
Speaker 2: All right, so beasy agrees with you on this one there too, it was a clear cut all right. This is the boy who would have thought this was going to blow up the chat? Apparently it is today, so there you go.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Athletics put Danny A Menez another fifteen day iel with the shoulders drain because they can't catch a break. The Rockies activated Daniel Bard from the im that he's been doing with anxiety issues. This is not the first time this has happened with him, so we shall see. You know what Daniel Barr can contribute to the Rockies. But if he's right, certainly this is a good addition for them. Alex would the hamstring issue. He goes to the IL for fifteen days. Garrett Mitchell pulled yesterday because of a shoulder issue. Then we had two issues with Astro's guys. Kyle Tucker stayed in the game. Your noveres did not. He was dealing with it looked like an ankle injury on the swing there in the batter's box. It was discussion about keeping him in. He came out of the game. I doubt he plays today. We shall see. Joe Musgrove will make his twenty twenty three debut on Saturday against your Arizona Diamondbacks in Arizona.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go.
Speaker 3: That's on my birthday. That's on my birthday. That's right Saturday, So I should go, But I don't want to watch the Diamondbacks lose to Joe Musgrove, which they'll do, so I It is actually Zach Gallon bobblehead day on that day, too, So how funny is that?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 2: What are you doing on If you're not doing that on your birthday? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Not much? We're not big birthday people. But it is the Big Four. Oh, but we'll be doing it the night before. We're gonna go see horrible, scary, evil dead rises and you know, drink things in movie theaters and that type of stuff. Nothing.
Speaker 1: So your wife's into the horror movies.
Speaker 3: We are horror movie buffs.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am not a horror movie person. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I don't like hoign horror movies everything. We watch them all.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I always wondered who those people are? You know, I see a million of these movies every year they come out. I'm like, who watches this? Apparently it's the wealth.
Speaker 3: It's us. Yeah, go to the movie theater see them all. Yeah. And she doesn't like, you know, she can't do she can't do subtitles. I do subtimes. I love subtitles movies. She refuses to do subtitles and I love You know, what's.
Speaker 2: The best subtitled film and it won Best Picture a couple of years ago, Parasite.
Speaker 1: Did you see Parasite?
Speaker 3: You know, I never did watch Parasite.
Speaker 2: Look, now, it's not a horror movie, but it is stuly I would say a thriller of it's like a dark comedy ish slash suspense thriller kind of thing. It's fantastic, absolutely start to finish, fantastic. I highly recommend like. And if you don't look, if you're all these people doesn't like the subtitles, I'm telling you it's worth it.
Speaker 1: Give it a shot. Parasite is great.
Speaker 2: That definitely deserves the award that year or two for whatever that's worth. All right, speaking of deserving people, how about some love for a Dwarto Rodriguez. Let's talk about this. Fun delivered a great performance against the Guardians. Eight scoreless innings, ten strikeouts. He's got fourteen swings and misses on ninety nine pitches in that game, the impressive three era one oh four whip nineteen k's five walks.
Speaker 1: So I know it's just one start.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot of people out there who are saying that Wardo Rodriguez was a picture they were buying back in on this year. Are you one of those people who thinks that that was a good idea?
Speaker 3: Well, clearly it was a good idea right now, because what was it? From nothing? You know, from rags to riches at this point, that's what you're getting from him. Do I think it's going to continue.
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 3: I think what the Tigers are doing are not sustainable. I'd also point out he's got an eighty one percent left on base percentage, which is like eight to seven to eight percent higher than it's ever been in his career. Also, his ex FIP is into the fours currently, so I'm I'm just never believe it. But this is also I'd point out, like, I'm very skeptical of guys that I've been hard out on in the early year, like yesterday with Bell and Geram, just like I'm not super interesting and he goes out, you know, boom last night, five hits. I'm just very skeptical of these aprils from players that have consistently been inconsistent, and Edwardo is one of those. And I just look at his low K numbers. He is walking a lot less, which I think is really critical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a positive, But I do think the Tigers, I mean, this is this is a very frustrating thing about Major League Baseball at this point because of the lack of combetitive balance. You have these teams like the A's and the Nationals, and you know, to a certain extent, the Tigers.
Speaker 1: To know they have all these young kids who are gonna come and change everything.
Speaker 2: Well, no one's really changed anything. Yeah, Riley Green had a good game yesterday, but it's frustrating.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I feel for those fan bases and it shows in the attendance numbers. They're terrible. But it does suck that you have these bottom feeder teams. And I know that happens in every league to a certain extent, but it's more drastic in Baseball because it's such a long season.
Speaker 1: So it's so exposed.
Speaker 2: I think over time how bad some of these teams are, and it just like I said, it just sucks on a nightly basis.
Speaker 3: Tigers actually really depressing because the Tigers want to win. They wanted to.
Speaker 1: Win well because they.
Speaker 3: Yeah they are the A's aren't. The A's are embarrassing. They deserve to go to another city at this point with how the organization treats it. But the Tigers, it hurts. I think more for Tiger's fan and Paul Sport, our dear friend is a Tiger's fan, because they have made efforts. They had this theoretical great draft class of pitchers, and they've made free agent moves. But they just made in all the wrong ending every movie.
Speaker 1: The other casey Mize was supposed to be a thing.
Speaker 3: Like we be waiting Treak Schooble, all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just nothing's worked here. Also, this is wacky, but we got to talk about this. So they're experimenting here with some different rules apparently now I like the rules changes. Again, for the record, I'm all in on most of these. Ninety nine percent of the things that have changed. The game is much better. This one of these two is good. The other one is a hot mess, horrible idea, especially in modern day baseball. So the one that I'm okay with is MLB is testing out the designated pin runner. So basically there's one player and the not in the starting lineup that can be listened. It doesn't get a pinch runner, and can be substituted into the game as a base runner at any point without a true substitution being made. So, in other words, you get a hit, you come off some guys a pinch It's like Little League.
Speaker 3: I mean that's the rule that career would have been saved.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, and again, maybe they'll make a musical about Billy Hamilton someday that would be That would be great. A hip hop musical about Billy Hamilton. That's what some people in the chat think that Hamilton is actually about. But I will say this, if you look at you, you love that you were not ready for that.
Speaker 1: Look at your face.
Speaker 3: I'm so upset. Yeah, you're so happy.
Speaker 1: And sad at the same time. But yeah, this is if you played Little League.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a rule in Little League, which is kind of funny they're bringing it in again.
Speaker 1: Is it adding more excitement to the game. Sure?
Speaker 2: This one is the dumbest thing ever though, The double hook rule where they want to say if a pitcher doesn't go five innings that they lose, the team loses the ability to have a d H And I think that is the I mean, we can get guys to go for Alane five all the time. I mean this is insane, Like that is the dumbest thing ever.
Speaker 1: That this one. I don't even understand. You get that one.
Speaker 3: No, I the double hook, I'm not even sure what they're doing. I actually think that there's I've ever been like at a company where there's a guy you don't really know what he does, and he doesn't know what he does. And then you just like to sit there. Okay, this is their Mike Mary. He's just sitting there trying to be like worthwhile and come up with something crazy. He's like, hey, guys, he bust in the door. He's like Kramer, Hey guys, I got this idea. It's called the double hook. And everyone's like all right, and and then like, well you could do that in the Atlantic League. Have fun, have fun there, buddy, Like it's stupid. The pinch runner is stupid. I don't mind it as much.
Speaker 1: So he likes the pinch runner.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like the pinch runner, but he loves the double hook.
Speaker 3: He likes it because it pushes teams to make sure they go five. I think that's what people would kind of assume. It's like you, if you want to push all your pitchers to go five. It kills uh openers, I guess, is what I'm trying to say. It kills the idea that's when double backing and openers and stuff like that exactly so. But I I just think, like, we're done. We don't need we don't need a rule change every single year. Like we're done.
Speaker 2: And this is the problem Major League Baseball sees this and they go, uh okay, rules, change is good. People like it, and everything's going, well, let's do more. No, No, this is this is when you castanza and you get out on a high note and you stop it. That's what you do. But yeah, this is this is a weird. I don't like this at all. That will never make the Major league.
Speaker 3: Talking about this, look at Mary, He's like, if a starting picture doesn't last five innings, his family has to leave. How about if he doesn't last five innings, his family has to pick up the popcorn and the whole.
Speaker 2: What I was gonna say, his family has to pick up all the popcorn that is over. That's Anthony bass Is to go out there and pick up all these things. Like it's it's so terrible. It's like it's like when your house right and then all of a sudden you're like, oh, we just redid the house. Everything's nice, and then all of a sudden, like you start doing one or two renovations too much, and next thing you know, like the whole thing looks terrible. Whatever is like you ruined the whole thing. It's enough, just stop your ahead up and three down TODs Bradley. He's gonna have a rotation spot for a while in my opinion, So I'm very glad that I overspent on Todge Bradley. He is now two and zero five and a third nine k's O we no earned runs again, spacing lesser competition. I don't care. It can only be good against who you're going against. Jad Martinez four for five, one night for him, two dogs for him, Dodgers of five zero victory over the Mets. Chris Sale eleven case for him, one earned over six innings. So is Chris Saale back? The K numbers have always been good? Was this just a matter of Chris Sale having to find the touch of pitching again, considering he really hadn't pitched much in the last two years.
Speaker 1: Is that all we were at? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so. This is also why I tend to want to be like really stern about the type of drops I make early on in the season, because like we were at a level where like he might be done. But if you have that like anxiously, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think I was a level with Sale. I definitely it was a level.
Speaker 3: Sure, there's a lot of people that were just on an out out, but you want to hold off. Now it's again it's one start. Though you don't want to be like he's mack, he's good. But it was a fantastic start. I think it's a really good sign. And if you held tight, I think you're in a pretty good spot for him to kind of get leveled back out.
Speaker 1: Oh, Michael crushed it. Chris Sale got the monkey off his shoulders. There you go. Do we get a T shirt with a monkey on Welsh You's shoulder? Can we do that? It's not even saying it's just a Welsh asm.
Speaker 3: You just need that clip, We need that netto cuts. You need to pull that.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: Here's a good question from Tim actually TOAs Bradley innings cap. He threw one hundred and thirty three last year, so I don't see why he can't go into the one sixties this year.
Speaker 1: What do you think? Yeah, I think they that much thirty more one sixty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say like somewhere between one thirty again and one fifty. I think there's a little bit of the difference in the Riggers of like major League Baseball and pitching there for guys that they don't want to like just stack on a whole bunch more innings. I think it's somewhere between one thirty and one fifty.
Speaker 1: All right, that's fair, So I'm a little bit more bullish there.
Speaker 2: Three down. Nick lodolo a lost four and two thirds. He was very upset about one hundred greens contracts, so he just decided to say screw.
Speaker 3: He looked so bad, it is. I watch that because I had earned something on the k prop. He was so bad it was. It was unbelievable. He could command nothing. His breaking pitch was flying in the dirt, his fastball was up every time. He is, what's the worst I've seen a picture looking quite a while. He was so awful, and they just let him go out there. They're like, so ya have fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Starling Marte over four with the hat trick. Three k's lance Lynn another bad day start. I just want to point this out to everybody. So he gave up the ten hits of the five earned and five innings. But here you go. So two starts at night he has a three eight six ERA, sixteen strikeouts, four walks, and eleven innings.
Speaker 1: In the daytime.
Speaker 2: This year, two starts, he's got a twelve ERA nineteen hits in nine innings.
Speaker 1: Can we let the old man pitch at night?
Speaker 2: For the love of God, I guess last night they didn't have a choice because Lucas Giolito has liked to pitch in the morning too. We know that about him from that time we had a pitch of Boss in that time. Uh so he doesn't, you know, like the daytime starts either. So clearly the White Sox rotations are night owls. Look, if you have Lance Linn and you have a day game on the slate, just don't play him there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's got the sleep apnea or something where he doesn't have good night sleep.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: He's hangry, he hasn't really eaten, not enough eating yet in the days.
Speaker 1: Enough eating.
Speaker 2: I always love that Wade, but always love that story that Wade Bogs had chicken every single day.
Speaker 1: I could do that. I could eat chicken every single day before a game before they show. I could eat chicken every single day.
Speaker 3: You should do an episode. I have a funny story to tell you off air. Now. That's oh yeah, this was another company in chicken. It's funny. You should have that. You should do a drumstick every single day. Get a sponsor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh there you go. There you go, more sponsors. Well, keep on to get that KFC sponsor. You know, we had a big thing. We almost got it, so I was working on it. Love the dipping sauces is what we're talking about here. All right, Let's get to some prize picking, because that's what we're really here to do. Because they are our sponsor, they care about us, and they care about you. Use that promo code leading off. Price Picks will match your one hundred dollars deposit up to one hundred percent because they're wonderful people changing the world and helping you play Daily Fantasy in a more fun and exciting way. But make sure you use that promo code leading off. When you do you like that, that's my that's my.
Speaker 3: I don't like when you did that?
Speaker 1: You like unsettling? You like? Do you enjoy the prize picks?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, I was three for three, by the way, yesterday in the prize picks. You hit one nice three, three.
Speaker 3: For three, Well no, you hit you hit your price hit hit all.
Speaker 1: Three hit the price pick. Yes, yes, I misinterpreted what you said, So go ahead.
Speaker 2: I can't actually make them because I live in New Jersey, which is very upsetting to me because I would like to be doing this. Uh So, all I can do is recommend them, but I'm gonna tear. I also hit the uh the parlay yesterday. If you add your mind, I'm the dummy. You let's hear yours?
Speaker 1: No, okay, well you're not the dummy. I wouldn't go that far.
Speaker 2: Today, Griffin Canning picture strikeouts four and a half.
Speaker 1: I'm going the over on that one.
Speaker 3: I don't like that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'll tell you why. And it's a weird.
Speaker 2: You know, a lot of day games today to get away Day. But the Yankee lineup without Stanton's not quite the same lineup. I think there's a lot of strikeouts in there, and I'm curious to see Canning. I actually added him my ad drop my video. I should say the Waiver Wire video is coming out tomorrow. He's a part of this now. If he gets blown up against the Yankees, okay, maybe.
Speaker 1: That changes my tune. And I did say that.
Speaker 2: But if he's even just mediocre or decent, he's rostered just ten percent of leagues. I've got another five guys along with Canning to add I know Welsh has his trade video out too. If you haven't already subscribed to Fantasy Bros MLB, so you know when these videos come out and click the bell for notifications. But I'm going with Canning on the four and a half k's Patrick Wisdom total basis point five.
Speaker 1: This is like a gimme, let's go the over.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy can't be stopped, and Trey Turner eight and a half fantasy points.
Speaker 1: I'm going the over. So Welsh, what do you have for the prize picking' you know?
Speaker 3: One little like I wanted to give everybody an insider thing was really funny because I do some of the back end stuff when I post episodes, I want to point out how difficult it is to do trade videos and how they're perceived so much differently too. Joe doesn't have it easy, but doing a waiver video is so much better. You want to know why, because why do you think I picked No? No, I know I totally understand it because I went and looked in and this isn't bad. I don't know what it is in the past. I can see the like percentage on videos, and I was doing that, and I looked because I was doing something, and I saw the like percentage, and every Waiver Wire video ninety nine point nine percent. Because you're not saying anything negative about anybody trade videos, I still was good ninety seven point nine percent, ninety six point five percent. So go in and like the video because it's so much more difficult to talk about someone. As soon as you say it, someone's like, well that's my guy. This guy sucks hit unlike here.
Speaker 1: You know what I say. I say.
Speaker 2: If people don't like it, then you're not doing your job. You're speaking the truth. You're telling people how it is.
Speaker 1: If they don't like.
Speaker 3: It, it's too bad. Let's do it all right, price pick. So those little inside baseball I'm gonna go all down.
Speaker 1: On a YouTube video. What kind of pious you know?
Speaker 3: Those people are start going out? I'm exactly, I am in a fit mode. I'm in an fit mode today because I'm not hitting my homers. I need to lock down a prize pick. So when we say f it, we're gonna start with yes my brand, Corbyn Carroll screw it, Corbyn Carroll highest in the lineup. He's going in about twenty minutes, ten minutes. He's hitting third today, something I thought they could do going up against Wood first. So give me his fantasy score six and a half. I'm gonna pair that with Trey Turner, who has beat up Mike Clevenger in the past total bases one and a half. And then what the hell, let's go Joe Ryan fantasy score thirty one and a half over because he's been doing it. That's my stupid price picks.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 3: It's a very nice price pick, but it's my stupid pick.
Speaker 2: Very good, but I know you're you're angry. Let's get to the bets of the day. It's a weird betting day. But again, we want you to join the group bettingpros dot com. Look, download the app, it's free, it's fun. Go sign up bettingpros dot com, slash leading off and just be a part of this.
Speaker 1: This is great.
Speaker 2: And again, if you're trying to get into this, if you're intimidated by it, don't be. You can see our picks. You can interact with us on the show here, he can ask questions there, he can hit us up on Twitter. Of course, you know it's a fun thing to do and look back on track today, I'm gonna go with another one of these. This is gonna be the third day in a row, or three of the last four. I should say where I just think this is a line is wrong. Johnny Brido is somehow the favorite in this game after he got absolutely obliterated last time. I can't imagine what that kid's confidence is right now. He's facing the Angels. So the Angels on the money line and plus one twenty three, give.
Speaker 1: It to me. I want it, So I'm all in on that.
Speaker 2: If you want to add it to something else, add it to the Twins and Joe Ryan against the Red Sox and Corey Klueber.
Speaker 1: They're minus one thirty favorites.
Speaker 2: But if you put them together you get plus two seventy eight over on betting pros.
Speaker 1: If you put the Angels with the Twins, you take the upset and the sure thing.
Speaker 2: Yesterday took two sure things, and I was gonna give you the third one if you wanted to add it the Dodgers yesterday, because I thought that was pretty much a lock, but a little bit more dangerous because the Mets are a good team, so you always run that risk. But if you did the two and then the two with the other with the Dodgers, you had a hell of a night last night. The only other thing too that I liked is Joe Ryan five and a half k's again plus one twenty four. You get that over on betting pros. Go check that out, Welsh. What do you have for the betting world today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I might take that bet. I might take that money line that I like. Let's go a couple I got here, Jose Ramirez, Adley hits Parlay. Put those two together. Adley is in a good match, as is Jose. They're both in good matchups against pitchers with a plus one oh eight for a single hit. I've been liking those. I've got a Twins money line first five, and you can do it two ways. You can do the you do the money line which is minus one forty if you want to do that, or you could do them up by a run and it's almost even money by one run. So it's the twins. So we're very much in on the Twins here. And then a couple prop stuff I like mount Castle total bases one and a half plus one twenty and Shohyo Tani plus one twenty on his total basis, so a couple of the bets I'm going to be rocking. I also had dress Musen strikeouts going. He's pitching right now though, so that wasn't anything I could get.
Speaker 1: Well, you can bet it live still, so if anybody was wanting.
Speaker 3: It's only got one one through one inningstroying the red.
Speaker 1: So there you go. DFS is weird today.
Speaker 2: I like the ISO four game slate on DK, and I don't play much on DK, but I think that's the best way to approach it. Griffith Canning is six point one k right, so he's my secondary arm. Joe Ryan nine point six. Again, when I make an investment, I'm in, so we might as well go across the board.
Speaker 1: Toronto and the Angels are the two lineups. I like. Dubon is a player too.
Speaker 2: It's gonna hit the top of the order with Chas McCormick out at three point one for the Houston Astros. Julian's at the top of the order at two six, and then Zach Netto at three point one. Those are some values on the DK side. Now, the whole run board has not changed from yesterday, so even though I am starting to make my way up at I am still I'm not at six yet, so I can't be there yet.
Speaker 1: Welsh. I got a good feeling about today. I feel like today is the day for you to get a home run.
Speaker 2: So I am gonna go with Joey Otanium, letting it ride here two days in a row. Otani's a big boy who shows up in big moments. He likes the big stage. Welsh, your official run call the day.
Speaker 3: Is Corbyn Carroll. I'm just doing it. Screw it, I'm gonna go with the non traditional homer guy doesn't it doesn't matter. I'm the biggest loser of this group right now, so I'm all in Corbyn Carroll. I'm going with the Homer call today for him.
Speaker 1: You deserve it.
Speaker 3: You know, Jef won't walk today.
Speaker 2: You deserve a home run from Corbyn call you. I only do deserve a home run. You deserve one from Corbyn Carroll today.
Speaker 1: That's what I said, I do.
Speaker 3: I deserve a walk and two homers. That's what I deserve.
Speaker 2: That's like, hey, two homers would be great. Then you're flying up the board. Next thing you know, Mayor's taking Nolan Aaronado. Of course he is, uh but yeah, so it's a fun contest again. If you want to join Fanacypros dot com slash chat again, join our discord.
Speaker 1: It's free to join, but you got to be premium.
Speaker 2: So go to Fancypros dot com slash Premium to upgrade today, or subscribe to Fancy Bros MLB. Drop a comment below and somebody's gonna win a one year free premium upgrade takes you through MLB season, through NFL season, through draft season of this year for NFL, next year for MLB.
Speaker 1: My god, what a time to be alive.
Speaker 2: Incredible And don't forget to download my playbook too, because my playbook can help you manage all your rosters, set all of your lineups, make sure you get all your waiver claims in everything. It's right there, the greatest tool suite you'll ever see. And for people you know, if you had a rough start to your season in MLB. I had a buddy of mine who hasn't played fantasy baseball in three years. He signed up for Fantasy Pro's True Story with my buddy, Kurt signed up. Use the Fantasy Pros tools went premium, use them for the draft.
Speaker 1: He is now leading this fifteen team, sixteen team league that he's in.
Speaker 2: He is the number one team, use the draft tools, using all of my play all the stuff, and he's like, this is the greatest thing ever. He's like, it's literally like cheating, and you know it feels good. I'm a Patriots fan, so I know all about the cheating.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: Just give me W's that's all I care about. How do we get there? See thee I went blue? So Welsh gets a home run today, Ladies and gentlemen, we're calling here on the show. The streak ends were good vibes. We're leaving the Jeffrey Spring stuff in the dust. I don't want to talk about it anymore.
Speaker 1: It's over.
Speaker 2: Gorman, Carroll goes yard. Welsh gets on the board. Good things, because that would be your second right. You do have one, don't you have one? I got one, the loneliest number that they'll ever be. Kenny, by the way, last bit here too. Julio Rodriguez is smoking balls all over the place. I know he only had a couple of hits yesterday, but he hit some scorching balls yesterday that we're out, especially that one to end the game, telling you Julio is starting to heat up. It's a good time to be watching the baseball so we hope you enjoyed the show. Don't forget to subscribe to Fantasy Bros. MLB and go play prize picks with that promo code leading off. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh.
Speaker 1: I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids, get on the board. Let's go