Speaker 1: I'm a homegrowl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that, right la Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 1: It's Laura the Rosa and this is the latest with Laura the Rosa. This is your Deli dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, and all of the conversations that shake the room. Now we are back with another episode, so of course we gotta check in behind the scenes of the Grind at this point, y'all, if I'm being honest about how I'm feeling, just where I'm at and what is going on with myself, I'm counted down to days until we are on Christmas break. Like I am, honestly and truly counting down. I enjoyed the Thanksgiving break in my birthday so much. I know that this Christmas break won't be the same, because you know, we'll be on break.
Speaker 2: When I say on break, I don't mean here at the podcast.
Speaker 1: You guys will still get episodes here on the podcast, but the Breakfast Club will be on break for about two weeks. There's no way I can go away for two weeks and not work and not watch news and not create news. And you know I'm not, but I am going to give myself some time, like the day before Christmas Eve to probably about like the twenty fifth, maybe the twenty fifth. Yeah, so like the twenty six I'll wake up and get back to work. So I'll give myself a couple of days and then I'm back at it. Headed to Ghana on the twenty seventh. I'm going to Gano for the first time. Taylor's here, y'all.
Speaker 2: Taylor Gang is back. Taylor made it its back.
Speaker 1: She's a mom now, yes, me, and she's back to work, and I know that sucks.
Speaker 3: Hime.
Speaker 2: Speaking of being back, are you excited to be back?
Speaker 3: It's not necessarily exciting, but you know I'm ready to, you know, start my new chapter being a mom and still.
Speaker 2: You know, working or working then you know, trying to be the boss to that. Have you fold?
Speaker 1: I mean it's only been like a couple of days or like, but you have do you feel like, oh I got the balance, like the unpacked of like waking up doing something with baby didn't come work.
Speaker 3: Not necessarily because my son's like.
Speaker 2: All over the place, like he's still grow.
Speaker 3: Like he's continuously growing and changing. So it's just it's just continue like adjusting.
Speaker 2: Well, were we happy to have you back?
Speaker 3: I'm happy to be back there.
Speaker 1: Yes, y'all tell like she had no baby nowhere, she looked exactly the same before her baby was here, like literally exactly the same.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But yes, honey, I know you can't wait for the Christmas break either. Yes, let's go back. That's I came out perfect.
Speaker 3: I got to like.
Speaker 2: Get into it and then I'm like, all right, I'm on break again.
Speaker 1: Ye yes, so I am counting down those days. Yeah, I'm there. I'm counting down. But we are going to get into the latest and what's going on. What's going on? So let's do it, Okay, So first up, Jimmy Kimmel. Y'all know, I don't know if I said it here on the podcast, but late Night TV, I just think, even though I know the you know, the market is changing and the game is changing, and people a lot of the eyeballs aren't there anymore. But Jimmy Kimble was still on air and doing the thing you all remember. Back in September, he was taking off air for a sec because ABC was upset about some comments that he had made after Charlie Kirk passed away, but then he was brought back on air. Scoured through the episodes. I don't know what episode number it is, but we covered that here when Kimmel was taken off of air and the things that were said by the FCC chair mem Brendan Carr, who you know, threw a very harsh warning to the network and said the network in Disney said we can do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way. And it was just announced that not only is he back, I mean, we know he's back because we've been watching him, but ABC has just announced that in Jimmy Kimmel have just announced that they have extended his show for at least one year. After all of that commotion and the suspension and all of the things. So kim O put up a post from Bloomberg that it's titled Jimmy Kimmel extends deal with Disney ABC for at least a year and the caption he's throwing a shot back at Trump. In the caption, he says, I'm pleased to announce another no talent year.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The reason why this is a shot is because the Kennedy Center honors took place recently and President Trump was the host of the evening and he was asked about, you know, how he prepared versus not because he said he did not prepare, and he took a shot at Kimmel.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen, how.
Speaker 3: Have you prepared the host tonight?
Speaker 4: Well, maybe I haven't prepared. Maybe you want to be a little bit loose. If you look at the great hosts Johnny Carson, bau Hope, those are the greats. If you look at the Nacho greats like Jimmy Kim.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they got this, like I don't know, this little love hate ish thing going on. I mean, if I'm Kimmel, of course I'm leaning into it because I mean it makes sense, right, Like, this is the president of the United States that people pay a lot of attention to. So if he's gonna keep talking about you, you get on your show, on your and you respond.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what he did.
Speaker 1: So Kimmel, as the comedian and late night talk show hosts that he is, got on his show to let Donald Trump know, listen, I'm married, Like, we can't do this flirting thing anymore.
Speaker 2: Very hurtful. I thought we were friends, I don't know what's going on. He is really fixated. I'm starting to think he might have a crush on him.
Speaker 1: Do we know if our media and television and streaming and you know, all of the things in that market are free of control from the Trump administration. No, we do not know, honestly, with everything that happened with that last merger, the sky Dance merger, and now the conversations that we're having with the Netflix and Paramount and Trump's involvement and all of the things, right, I don't know, like they're trying to block out Netflix from you know, owning certain things, and Donald Trump is like, you know, basically implying that that would cause a monopoly of the industry. But these last couple of big mergers in that space, Trump has been so heavily involved, and he's involved in this when he's saying he's going to be involved in the approval, we know the guys over at Paramount Ellison, that's his homie. So the monopoly to me is looking like it's in the President's hands, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: God be with us.
Speaker 1: Every time I see certain headlines with Trump that aren't like presidential or political related, I'm always, and I guess I mean people could argue that making sure that our broadcast and media lanes are not monopolized, it's political, can be political, right, But I'll be always trying to figure out like he don't have nothing else to.
Speaker 3: Do exactly, There's so much other stuff he needs to really care for, and this stuff I feel like should be lower in the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, but we'll just have to like keep watching.
Speaker 1: I posted to my answer story yesterday that this whole like back and forth between Paramount and Netflix is literally like the New Real Housewives and Trump is any coin and Trump is Andy Cohen, and it like it's giving He's sterting up the girls, and the reunion is gonna happen like once the whoever wins the like the big that won't even be the reunion. That'll be like, you know, we'll be getting ready for a new season, but the reunion of this will be like because I know Netflix has already had their conversation with Trump Paramount and you know Ellison, that's that's his friend.
Speaker 2: They're talking all the time.
Speaker 1: There's going to be this one big meeting that they have to have or something like Trump is gonna figure out a way to get them all in the room to argue, just so he can be in the mist of it and say I figured it out and I did this, and that's gonna be the reunion.
Speaker 2: So we will be there, not physically, but we will be tuned in. We'll be locked in.
Speaker 1: This not another news Speaking of marriages and relationships, Gez sat down with Bishop td Jakes on Tdjke's podcast Next Chapter.
Speaker 2: And on this podcast, Tdjakes takes.
Speaker 1: Your Life, your story and the interview and divides it into several different chapters, and he dives really deep into like past traumas and you know, like how you've gotten from one place to the other, your background to who you are now, the building of your business, all those things. So he's talking to Gz about Jz's life in general, some of his hardships and when dealing with his mom and their you know, very tremultuous relationship. But then they get into relationships and marriage and Jez opens up about almost being afraid of bringing mommy issues into his marriage or relationship. And then they get to the part that I've seen a lot of the blogs and people posting and talking about because there's a sense of accountability here, but some people are feeling like there's also a sense of arrogance. They get to the point where Jezi is talking about what he learned while in his marriage and through divorce.
Speaker 2: He said, he learned that he was a good husband. Let's sake a lessen, what did you learn from it?
Speaker 4: I learned I was a great husband. I can't. I got a beautiful daughter out of a situation, so there's no regrets there. But I learned a lot about myself. I learned that there's things that I continue to work on. I learned about, you know, my prefaces for things, the type of space that I need, the type of moments that I need to decompress about certain things. And this just unselfish nature. You know that I was selfish in my prior life, and I think just going forward in life, it just taught me how to like give someone else grace and actually listen to understand rather than just to listen to reply.
Speaker 1: Ye fire back, probably, so Genie has been posting Genie is Genie my who is the ex wife of?
Speaker 2: Or they're still going through the divorce. I believe, hold on, let me double check that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the divorce was finalized in June of twenty twenty four. But Genie my since then has been like, if you follow her on Instagram, she takes you on this journey of like single mom life and figuring out life after divorce, And so I think she probably will fire back.
Speaker 2: She's she's been coming off.
Speaker 1: The girl has been given very like zen like she's in this peaceful state, So we'll see if she keeps that state after his statement. But I mean, I think everything is up for interpretation. I think whenever two people decide that they're not going to be together, whether marriage or kids or not or are involved, you can always be en villain in somebody's story. So I think he has his view on the man that he was and the man he grew into from the situation, what he learned, what he didn't, and she's going to have her view, so I mean, I'm open to hear her response. But when I was listening to his response, the whole husband thing kind of threw me off because I was like, what does he mean?
Speaker 2: But I think what.
Speaker 1: He meant is that what he learned about himself and the things that he's taking accountability for, he's capable of being a good husband. I think at the time in their marriage and what they were going through, I think, even though he didn't say this, listening to it.
Speaker 2: It just sounded like they weren't good for each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was random a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I have it.
Speaker 3: I wonder. I don't know the story how they hooked up or any of that, but I remember seeing a picture with her.
Speaker 1: I remember hearing it and seeing it and I thought it was fake. I was like, wow, like what they.
Speaker 3: Got married really quickly too, they weren't dating for that long.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, so here's the timeline.
Speaker 1: So they made their first public appearance in August twenty nineteen. They went Instagram official in September twenty nineteen. He proposed in March of twenty twenty, now prior to them making their first public appearance, and they had their daughter in January twenty twenty two. So things did move pretty fast. But they started dating back in late twenty eighteen. They met on the set of The Real, the talk show The Real, and then after that they begin dating and then you know, all the things happen. So I mean there was like, yeah, they had about a year after they had met and started dating.
Speaker 2: That which it can be pretty fast.
Speaker 1: But I also feel like, if you met the right person, Yeah, I'm not want to judge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean me either.
Speaker 1: I think if you met the right person, timeline is just a moving variable. Yeah, for some I also think, because I think meeting the right person sometimes also means that even the things that you guys are finding aren't the best about each other or the best about you guys together, you are so locked in and there's silver lining that you are willing to work on it, I think.
Speaker 2: And I think.
Speaker 1: From covering the divorce of GZ and Gennie my hearing him in this interview, seeing some of the things that she's posted that you know she's learned post divorce just about relationships and you know, the new journey she's on, it kind of seems like the two had very different core values.
Speaker 2: I will say that.
Speaker 1: And I think, you know, in me dating and like being intentional about dating like that that's something that it's very important to me.
Speaker 2: And that's not even something I've learned.
Speaker 1: I've always felt like, all right, when I get to a point where like I really seriously want to consider someone being in my life for the rest of my life. Core values matter because I think, especially when you have kids, if everything trips away, like if y'all hate each other to the bone one day, but y'all still got to raise that baby. Your core values if they align, you know what I mean, Like there's a synergy there that can still happen even as co parents. So it seems like, you know, the core values were a bit different. But I'm not mad at him for taking accountability within things. And I'm also not mad at him for feeling like he can be a great husband and somebody it might not be to her, And I think in seeing people's reaction to it, they're like, oh, not a great husband, but it ended up being divorced or not a great husband. But she accused you of ABC and D in your divorce, you know, filings and documents. People got to realize, you know, you could be a great person to the wrong person, or you know, he might not have been the best.
Speaker 2: There are things. I'm sure we're not his best days.
Speaker 1: In that relationship, as in any relationship or you know, marriage, but coming out of it and learning, especially at his big age, you want to hear that accountability and that maturity. Sure, Like if we didn't hear it that I'd be a little disappointed, okay that period, especially because he has kids and he's been I mean, he's been a father.
Speaker 2: He had kids very young.
Speaker 1: But even when he talked about that in this episode, he talks about learning toil apologize to his daughter and some of the things he's recently learning and he's been a father, yeah you know what I mean. But again, he's growing, he's not And people are just people. Your parents are just people, married people, just people. You're figuring it out.
Speaker 3: No, for sure, I feel like my parents are still well not their marriage, but like even like with my dad, Like I feel like he's learning even to be even more like romantic with my my mom And how long have.
Speaker 2: They been married forty five years?
Speaker 1: See, Like and I think there's there will be so many people that'd be like if your man doesn't court you a romance you But he've.
Speaker 3: Done so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But like the thing, my dad's been such a provider for the family. Yeah, and you know whole lack like we've always went on family vacations. But I think he's starting to realize really what like bringing my mom joy and that's just being with family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, what I mean, And I love to hear that because I also think too that what you begin to realize, like when you're talking.
Speaker 2: To change, Yes, I when you think about spending life with some is.
Speaker 1: Like who you are day one, year one, if not who you are year forty five.
Speaker 2: That all so you have to relearn each other and that's like work. And that's what I.
Speaker 1: Meant by yeah stuff yep, And that's what I meant by like timeline with Geez and Genie Mitt, like you know, it seems like things progress pretty quickly with them, but I mean if you got if you are down for that ride with that person, you learn each other as you go.
Speaker 2: And I mean I know.
Speaker 1: People who've been together for me like since the first link literally and are now happily. Have a friend in Atlanta who met a guy. She's a model, he's a photographer. Literally met him. They have a whole life together now, three kids in I think they literally met, did a photo shoot. She finally gave in and gave them like went on a date. When from that first date they've never separated, moved in I think like within like the first like couple months of their relationship and three kids.
Speaker 3: Timing and knowing what you want matters a lot, like the intention I.
Speaker 1: Told you, Yeah, wow, we are we're in such different spaces in our lives tailor last time we were talking about relationship, I was in like such a different space. I don't think that I wasn't. I'm not even thinking I wasn't intentional in that part of my life. But I feel like it's I don't think if there's anything wrong with the per se, but I do think you start to realize, like you get you're giving your time, your energy, and and your body to people that you know you have no further plan with, like at all. Like because once I met somebody, like I mentally, I got to a point where I'm like, okay, like you know, everything's speeding up in life for me.
Speaker 2: I don't have time to just like do whatever.
Speaker 1: And then my intention change and I met somebody and I will relinked with somebody that I was just like I want to be so intentional about this, like I want to figure this out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think like as as people as we get older, certain things are more important, and intentions, I guess it, are more important.
Speaker 2: People dating people are.
Speaker 3: Just it's fine too, but I feel like it gets to a point where it's just like, all right, I went to be with someone and like grow grow with someone. That's important.
Speaker 2: It is. Why was Geez the best? That was Genie miy the best? They have a beautiful baby that's so cute.
Speaker 1: I saw a video Genie Might posted the other day of her baby girl like kissing her and telling her that she like her baby girl, like kiss her on her forehead and on both of her cheeks, and I told her she loved her, And it was like such a moment. I think Genie Mind said it like brought her to tears. So you know, a beautiful baby came out of that situation at the end of the day. So let's keep it going. But make sure you guys go check out that full conversation. It is two hours long, but it's very in depth. It's super well done too. I mean it's Bishop Tdjake so dub, but it's very well done. It takes you through Jz's life story and kind of really helps you understand who he is as a man now and who he was then and kind of you know why why we've gotten some of the music and the things that we've gotten from GZ throughout the year is good and bad. So go check that out. It's called Next Chapter with Bishop td Jakes.
Speaker 2: But yeah, guys, that's it for the episode.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, guys, every single episode my Little Riders, y'all could be anywhere with anybody talking about all these things, but y'all choose to be right here with me. I appreciate you, guys, Taylor. We are so happy to have me back. Girl on the ones in food Blind the Pie.
Speaker 2: We'll catch you in the next episode. See you, guys.
Speaker 3: Dang