Speaker 1: In the.
Speaker 2: Harry your former raters running back field for the Kansas City Chiefs and the White Socks Royals Royals. He's the only player to be a Pro Bowler and an MLB All Star in the same season, a Heisman Trophy winner, one of the greatest running backs in collegiate football history, and arguably he gonna say, who you arguing with the greatest athlete of all time? Is anybody really know your first names?
Speaker 3: Both? Pleasure?
Speaker 2: How you doing, bro, I'm doing great? And as far as my name is in turn. Now, you all don't know this because you're too young, but your parents will. Back in the sixties, now, there was a TV doctor. His name was doctor Ben Casey. He had a TV show like Marcus welbt. Okay, his name was doctor vin Casey. His real name was Vincent Edward. I think my mama had a crush on that, so she named me Vincent. So she named me Vincent Network. So that's my name, Vincent.
Speaker 3: Okay? Like that?
Speaker 2: Do you ever think it's like, you know what, how good you could have been if you say, you know what, I'm just gonna play baseball, or if I'm just gonna play football, or was your dream always to play both sports at the highest level. I've never thought like that for the simple reason it was in the cards for me to do exactly what I did.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 2: It was in the cards for me to get into July thirteen, nineteen nine. It was in the cars. It was in the cards for me now to be in the Hall of Fame, or to go to the Baseball Hall of US or go to Baseball Hall of Fame and the football rough It wasn't meant.
Speaker 3: It wasn't meant for me.
Speaker 2: To be if they had it back then, as far as the NIL is concerned, I wouldn't have to take a pay cut to go to the NFL and and Baseball. So it wasn't meant. But I'm happy with the way. Like try I say this, and I'm not a very really real religious man, but God put speed bumps in everybody's road to life, and it's up to us to slow down, get over that speed bump, move on down the road. Because if you don't slow down when you're going on this speed bump, what's gonna happens your bottom of your five Yes, So the thing that I did slowed down, got over, and I didn't worry about my injuries. I didn't worry about my help right cause, and man's Tair's got a bigger plan for us. And now, and I'll tell you this, I'm four months cancer free.
Speaker 3: Really, what type of cancer did you have?
Speaker 2: You don't mind us asking my eurog just found two cancer spots all my process. Now they say now, they said, well, we could treat it. I said, no, hell you can't. You gonna take this mother fucker out. I said, I'm sixty three years old, right yeah, But I said, but.
Speaker 3: I didn't live my life. Wod I didn't have been in the song.
Speaker 2: And the first thing that men think, because I know the first thing y'all think, prostatect he got run next year.
Speaker 3: My sex life fold man, that's bood, that's bo, that's bull.
Speaker 1: You look you were taking them rospars then no, no, no, But there's medication out there for you, yes to where if you want to be intimate with your girl, which why you but.
Speaker 3: You can't can't.
Speaker 2: After drop of a hat, I am after drop. But that's all having knowledge about this. But we as men, I tell you what. Women can go on TV and they could talk about they've had a hysteretic man they've had cervical cancer, they've had breast cancer. They talk about everything. Knee kids, they sit up and talk about it and have a glass of wine. But we as men, yeah, shoot, we ain't talking about yes, sir, we ain't talking about if we wearing it depends, we ain't talking about nothing of that. If we ain't talking about, Hey, my doctor found out that I got a lump in my bread, but then I got breast counsel. We don't talk about that because it's taboo. We got to be the alpha male. We gotta be the alpha dog, the strong person that's gonna sit up and be on top of everything. We can't let somebody know that we got ship bottles. So with us we keep all that ball. Then the only time we talk about it is we were behind closed or with that one doctor.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we don't go home and tell our family, do no, because our family looked us as being the leader, the top dog, and we want them to continue to do that. But see, after my surgery, first thing I did call buddets that I played that I went to high school with, got on a conference call with all my baseball teams. Talk to my teammates from the football team. Talk to guys that I played against, I played with in the pros on both baseball and football. Coke and check Man. Yes, they had big ones. The thing that we could go out here and tackle a bear and knock him out, but we're afraid to go have that conversation with the doctor because we're afraid of what he's gonna turns.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes I don't. I don't want to know. See, And that's it.
Speaker 2: You're hurting yourself and you're being selfish when it comes.
Speaker 3: To your family.
Speaker 2: You hurt yourself. Yep, you're hurting yourself. But in the thing that I realize is that shit on both jacks. If it could happen to me. Can you imagine now after my short you would not believe the number of X professional athletes have gone through what I just went through. Yep, nobody knows I had the same thing because I had it. I had dealt with it in twenty sixteen. Yes, yeah, but they caught it early. I had seat implant where they do the radioactive seeds like the size of right spellet. They put them in the UH and it emite it their radiation for twenty one days. I didn't have to have my remove. But now I have to say this. Having teas is one thing, but cancer is just like mother nature. Cancer is just like mother nature. Yep, they both undefeated. They both undefeated.
Speaker 4: You keep trying to keep it a bay as low as you can.
Speaker 2: But the thing about it, do you know what I know?
Speaker 3: Cause I said, doc and talk to my doctor my surgery. You know what I know?
Speaker 2: They've been because every six months, if you're looking over your shoulder, yep, you dreading going.
Speaker 3: Back to the doctor. Yeah, I'm gonna text the number.
Speaker 2: And you shouldn't go through that happened listen big because I have my first PSA test, my numbers zero.
Speaker 3: And before my surgains my number was over seven.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: See the thing about it is that you've worked. They have a gleasing score ye and the yep you have to combine and if you're over seven, you got to get something up absolutely, and mine was seven point one seven point two last three weeks ago. I got my PSA back and then we were road point zero one. So you get it taken care of. Yes, you don't have to work. You you don't. You're over your shoulder every five or six months. Both being one of did you realize how special you were when you were in high school? When you were in college, did you realize you were this special? I wouldn't call it special.
Speaker 3: You're special. But I enjoyed having.
Speaker 2: The parents of the other team sitting in the stand pissed off. Yeh, get that man off the field with our children. Yes, but I but I enjoyed that because we now a lot of people don't know in our back field, Yeah, there were two other backs that that was just as fast as me in high school, and it's dangerou as me. Our three backs and in the backfield we were to state four by one relay team for four years or Anne and I anchored the four ot so we got the tight end to be the second leg.
Speaker 4: Right, the tight end was moving like that.
Speaker 3: No, but he was six three six four hair hit he had a long shride.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, but we just had to fill in with somebody. You have to have to have four running. So yes, So even then I didn't see it as being special. I had the mentality that when I stepped on the field, but I stepped across that white line on the football field, or stepped across that chalk line, on the baseball field. In my mind, and and and this, and this is the way I thought, once I step across that line, I'm.
Speaker 3: The bad as the mother fuck out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they know, and you got and you gotta prove to me there be bad at you better than me. And and that's just how things were. Our coach taught us, Coach died, coach bad die. Yeah, he taught us in college. But you step on that field, you opped up for one reason, to snatch.
Speaker 3: His son, to take his soul, make him want quick this poor the fourth quarter then, because the fourth quarter is when we're gonna turn up to heat.
Speaker 2: We gonna run with you for three right, and we may go forty points on you in that three quarter, But the fourth quarter you're gonna be looking towards sign out of trying to get the coach to take you out. Tell the story of why you went the Auburn as opposed to alabam because I've heard you tell the story before. But tell the story of why you went to Alburn as opposed to Alabama. I was an Alabama fan growing up, all right, because that's all we knew. Yeah, in Alabama it was bab Bryant, coach Bryant, and he was in the midst of all his natural championship, and so it wasn't so on. So when I I was ranked as one of the top ten running backs in the state and Tuscalos was only thirty minutes from my house. Yeah, album two hours and I didn't know where to hear album one. But I know they were the two biggest schools, right. And I come home one day from a baseball game, walk in the front door. The old white guy sitting at the table with my mom drank and talk and talk. It was their defensive coordinator. He and Donna Hue. I spoke when on the downstairs, Well lord, he came down to their vincent. My name's coach donal Hill. Coach Bryant would have come up to himself, but he had a family issue that he had to deal with, and so we talked and we were talking, and he was telling me how good Bama was and how good they're gonna be, and how old Alburn had beat Bama since.
Speaker 3: Nineteen seventy two. Wow, it's nineteen eighty two. And then he said this.
Speaker 2: Before he said that, he he said, look, we want you at Tulscaloosa. But personally, I don't think you'll get the opportunity to play until the end of your sophomore or the beginning of your junior sis.
Speaker 3: So he said, he said that are you in person? Shit man shot?
Speaker 2: And then he said this Alburn has a beat out Obama since nineteen seventy two, and they never So he said, well, I'm gonna let you finish doing your watching uniform for me because I know you got a game tomorrow. Benson, it was nice time to you. So I'm thinking, and I'm shaking his hand, but and I'm smiling. But what I'm saying, like, motherfucker, if you think I'm on sitting on your bench for ten years, you have to so by him saying, and they never will. I made sure my freshman year should I racked that over the top? I racked up two fifty six on it freshman year as the first with that, with that the boat over the top and that long run downside.
Speaker 4: Because it was it was that was fourthy, that was fourth and go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They asked you exact they said, what what you want? He said, coach, give me that play over the top. No, we actually practiced. We actually practiced that play where we're doing the doing doing the three on three j yeah, and the defense was ten.
Speaker 4: I ass up.
Speaker 3: We couldn't score.
Speaker 2: So I went on and said, Randy Cammell, what I caught it back and I called him warm warmed because he wasn't un about even with his pants on, ran about bucket with all the.
Speaker 3: Pants on, and he said, may.
Speaker 2: I said, look, man, I was seven foot high jump at in high school, which I want. I said, let's wanna play probably top. We ran that play three times straight. I scored all three times. So coach Stote said, why do why don't we put that play in?
Speaker 3: Okay? And we put that play in and he called it over the Top. I scored it.
Speaker 2: Wow, tell us you got a podcast. You just started a podcast, right, I'm sorry, my podcast Bold Knows Men tell It.
Speaker 3: Okay. So all of that stuff we just talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's about getting we as men to open up about personal medical issues because we hold stuff in too long. We don't talk about it because we think that it integrates us as a man. Yep, the more you talk about about it, the stronger it makes you. So I think it's one of my jobs, Like I said earlier. I don't think I was put on this earth to bill great football player of great baseball. I was put on this earth to help put some sunshine in somebody's And by talking about this where nobody else do, where nobody else want, I figure like that I'm giving something back to the public. Because the public has given me enough to wear. I can for the next ten lifetimes. But I want to give something back, and that's knowledge about men's health. Don't sit up and keep this to yourself and the things that I want to do. Let's say I come to your I come to your city, call you you, get all your doctors, your cardiologists, your urologists, you're a proctologists, get everybody, bring them to the fire shy chat, put them on stage with you and I. Now what we're gonna do is advertising enough where all the local.
Speaker 3: Men in your town gonna wanna come.
Speaker 2: We're gonna charge them five five, five to ten bots to come for a one hour, five shot chat. Now, don't those funds aren't gonna go to me. They're not gonna do that. But the funds will go in a fund to help that guy who don't have a good insurance, like you and I right to help pay for the PSA yep, to help pay for the colonaze. And what the doctor's gonna do because we are putting them on blast and talking about their company and their clinics. They got to give that patient a discount. The better because we are bringing you more patron now. And if they had to pay for that market it would cost them a half a million to a million and two dollars. So we're giving them that for a free to let them come there and talk. So it's all about giving back with me. And if I figured I could put some sunshine at one somebody's cloud, I feel that I've done my job. So it's not about bo Jackson. Then put these guy in sports. It's about what I'm doing now, right, And for years since I left sports, I've been in the shadows. Yeah do Outne raised three kids, they're all grown, married, got good jobs. Still trying to get them off payroll. Good luck with it, trying to get the paper. But I'm happy I got two grand boys that I spoiled the ship out of there.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm the kids. Tell you say, daddy, you treat them better. It gives them more then you gave us.
Speaker 3: Because I love them more. I said, I loved them more. You was my child. These are my grandkids. See, I can.
Speaker 2: Bring them over, jack them up on skills and coke, and send them.
Speaker 3: Home doing either. That's what I knew.
Speaker 2: Buy them whatever they want. My oldest song who's four years old, he'll get my phone. All his nah on his phone, but he said, Nana, what's the cold? Put cold in to open it? Go to go to the target app that's them right there. They'll go to the target, get that and he'll find something. Let's say, he'll look at a car. This is a pop up. He said, I don't have this one, which means you gotta buy me this one. I don't have this one, so you gotta get it from me. That's what it's all about. I'm like, man, I'm happy. But the bike ride you used to do a back ride across Alabama both by Osbama in this past summer was my last ride.
Speaker 3: Been doing it since twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just to raise money for a tornado las But I want to do something different to help support minority charities, and I have a come out public with that. Yeah, that's in the state of Alabama, that's my home state. But in Chicago, I have both Jackson Give Me a Chance Foundations, and we raised money for youth golf and for half of the foundations. The other half week donate till the Shirley Ryan Ability Lamp puts us at number one rehab hospital in the world for the past thirty five thirty six years, and we give funds to their Challenge Patience.
Speaker 3: Uh did this. So it's all about giving back from the dude. That's what it is all about. B Bo.
Speaker 2: You said your grandkids, your grandkids not gonna play football, they gonna play baseball.
Speaker 3: Baseball. That for your cause.
Speaker 2: I take him in Sox Parker in the areas he'll get out on I think it's the rubber balls. Yeah, get his classic back in this joke of hitting bass to second base.
Speaker 3: And he's four years old and four already he can stroke. He can stro.
Speaker 2: Guess who He'll say, guess who the three most famous baseball players in the world. Yeah he yes, guess what he said. He said, Aaron, Judge, Papa and me.
Speaker 3: And I love it. Yeah, I love it. Man.
Speaker 2: I'm blessed to the point to where everybody's in my family's happened. Yeah, my grandkids are happy. I'm happy, my friends are happy, and I'm gonna do everything I can to keep those people that's in my little little circle close to me and make sure they're all right, and they'll make sure they're not right. How often do you get to the park? How often do you get the football game? Do you go to sporting events? Were you a bigger? I know you were great at sports, but did you enjoy sports?
Speaker 3: I love sports.
Speaker 1: So you get to the park, you get to the games a month anymore? No, And it's for this reason.
Speaker 2: With it people all always ask, boh, you like you could play football?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: It's a man I pulled a muscle lift in a toilet seat talking about I ain't playing that sport. Come on, be good, I said, I'm golf and now I can't golf because I got a bic LP terear And you'll get it fixed. You'll get it fixed. But I think it's strained. But I don't figure because I had I'm all right. This is just part of getting old. Yeah, yeah, ship don't heel like they used to do. And you go to band, feel fine and wake up and something hurt The next morning. It feel like you got run over by But boss, what up there did I do? But I'm thinking that my wife then beat me in my sleep. But yes, it's like that now, and we gotta take care of us.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 2: We gotta take don't ignore stuff. Now, if we wasn't on this mic, we wouldn't be talking as cordial and polite.
Speaker 3: But don't it. You knew our brothers talk. They ain't gonna tech stuff. We ain't gonna tech stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, don't ignore it, dude, don't think it's gonna go away because you don't know know about it.
Speaker 3: Get to your DA.
Speaker 2: Because number number one, you're doctor's not gonna lot good lives to you even accept the truth and do something about it and move on down the road. That's your only option. That's it, unless you ain't gonna be here long because look at how many guys that we played against with, played against, played with.
Speaker 3: From high school to now. Yeh, that's not with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I lost three former college teammates, all within the span of like three months. So tell us one more time about the podcast that you're launching is black Men. No, it's called bo Knows Men Knows Men's help check out this podcast bow Nosed Men's Health. You're talking to the greatest. This was the greatest athlete of our time. I mean the last hundred years. There might have been others before a one hundred years ago, but if you talk about the last hundred years, this matter that I got an opportunity to see him play up closer personal with that Raiders team when he came to Denverrick he ran over our linebacker in nineteen ninety You remember that about well our hot Jalapenio wasn't I But you know something right up right after how I got off the field from that run. Yeah, I went and got that oxygen bro.
Speaker 1: Altitude altitude Yeah, absolutely, Bo Jackson both thanks for stopping back.
Speaker 3: Many had goodnessigure.
Speaker 1: Joining US now offensive tackle, former pro bowler.
Speaker 3: Yes Brown, Oh hi, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Good to see everything.
Speaker 3: It's been great. Oh yeah, so far this's off season. I mean, what have you been up to so far?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've just been in the facility.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You know, I spend I don't leave Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: That's why I training. Yeah, that's home. I trained are year round. I love SINSI man, It's it's really it's a special place and for me. Uh, so much of the sport is about still staying in it. And I would go down to Miami and train and don't get me wrong, I get in shape, but it was the mental aspect. I feel like I would have to build back up when I came back and training hard in the facility day to day, keeping that same work routine year round.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: It just keep me in that state of mind.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: But that I mean, that's that's that's that's so much I like. I like your approach. I love your approach. But most of the time I think about when I was playing is after rigorous six months, rigorous six months, putting the time on and off the field when it came to the game, and studying the game, becoming a student of it, being somewhat of a sponge. Once the season ended, I needed to completely disconnect. I needed to recharge. I need to reset. So your approach I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 6: But do you think you'll look back and say, well, damn, I never can go.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Well, you know, early in my career, I would show up the training camp out of shape.
Speaker 4: I would I would I would take my time off.
Speaker 5: I would be heavy, you know, showing up my first four or five years in the league, and uh, you know I would take that time off. I would take that that six weeks or you know, from whenever the season ended, until you can't take six I can't do that. I'm gonna put on fifty pounds, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Get it?
Speaker 5: So, you know, I like for me as a big guy, like I got to stay in it and I keep my.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like it. I like it. Man, what you guys gotta do? You look at your guys.
Speaker 2: You got Tea, You got Chased Brown, the running back came out and played unbelievable. You got a solid tight end in GASICKI. Offensive line was good, probably could get a little better. But what do you guys need to do? Oh, there's two years in a row with the talent that you got. You got a top five quarterback, you got a top one, top two receiver, you got t on the other side, your running game is solid. What do you guys need to do to get into the postseason and make a deep run like you did in twenty twenty?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, man, we got the hardest piece of the puzzle in non you know what I mean. And a lot of teams don't have that and were fortunately already had a hardest piece of the puzzle. But to me, man, it just come down to executing. You know what I'm saying. I feel like in terms of our overall continuity as a team, it hasn't necessarily been there when we needed it. And so whether that be us winning games in November and December, you know what I mean, It comes down to all of those different things, man, and to me, it points to the players in the locker room. You know, what are you willing to sacrifice, you know, to make sure that we're able to go out here and win these games.
Speaker 6: If you were the GM, if you were Mike Brown, I wanted to take You're not Orlando Brown.
Speaker 3: The offensive tackle.
Speaker 6: You are the owner and the play card, the one that can push the buttons on what we need to do to get over the hump. Whether it's offensively, whether it's defensively. What pieces would you love to add to the team to help you guys out, whether it's on offense, whether on defense, whether it's special teams just in general.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, me, it's always tough answering these kind of questions because you know, my brothers in there.
Speaker 6: Man, Yeah, I understand, and I put every player on the spot as if they weren't said player.
Speaker 3: How can we improve our team?
Speaker 5: Well, I think the reality is and this in this league. You look at the two teams in the super Bowl, it's one of the trenches and so to me, you know, I think it's going to start there. However, however that is, whoever that is, you know, having a playmaker, I believe at one of those four positions, it's going to be extremely important, especially in our division. And from there, man, I think, you know, that will take care of a lot of issues. You know, if you if you're asking me if I want a safety or over a D lineman, not at all, you know, I think I think just taking care of the trenches, man, adding more weapons in that area. You can never have enough D lineman. I remember we played when I was in Kansas City, we played Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl. I think they broke the single season uh sacrack record. And I mean they had a wave three waves, two or three waves. I'm seeing BG Robert Quinn, Joshweg Yes, you know what I mean. It's it's they got a wave. They got a wave of rushers, rushers, and so to me, that's what it takes, that's what it takes in this league to be able.
Speaker 3: To win one depth. I like it, Yeah, I like it? You got?
Speaker 2: I mean when you I look at you, you play a premium position and left and left tackle.
Speaker 3: How many more years you want to play? Obie on forty? How old are you now?
Speaker 4: I turned thirty in May.
Speaker 3: Year? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Man, I mean what year is there for you? I'm going to the nine y? Yeah, you're matter?
Speaker 3: What going to get? Twenty?
Speaker 4: Then you do like, what's the guy? Uh? Slay Jackie Slayeah?
Speaker 5: But I would love to I would love I mean, honestly, I want to play this game as long as I can. I really love I love his game, and I grew up in it, as you know, you know what I mean. I grew up around Tony Jones and my dad and John Deanogden and you know, so many of these great players that ray lewis man. Just to be able to see the have that perspective at eight years old when those men come over and they sit down and talk with my dad because he's the OG on the team, and be able to listen to those conversations and hear what they gave to the game. Uh man, it's so special. It's so special to me, and so uh man, I love, I love what I do. You know what I'm saying. And I love, I love what the game is done for me. Uh Man, I hate to say it, you know, I I love. I love my life outside the ball too. But man, I'm giving my all. I'm gonna give him all and and hopefully we look back when I'm forty years old, we walk away and I.
Speaker 3: Got a gold jacket. Ye I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: Orlando, Orlando Brown Junior, thanks for joining us bro of course, sat yall by nineteen nine.
Speaker 6: Legend, draft make legend, Gator legend, Cowboy legend.
Speaker 3: I love gifts.
Speaker 4: I love what's up with the May Night? We gotta do it.
Speaker 3: I mean I still got I still got a little black and buying. Though you ain't got, you went all the way.
Speaker 4: I know you ain't got.
Speaker 3: Mate. Am you're a silver Fox. Huh your silver Fox?
Speaker 4: I am what I am?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I like you?
Speaker 4: But what we got?
Speaker 3: What we got here?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I love free.
Speaker 2: Let's let me introduce him, all time leading Russia NFL history, A former m v P Super Bowl, m v P First Ballance Hall of Famer Harry is nineteen ninety classmate.
Speaker 3: We go way back, mit you s L Black College, Black College, Big. This is my dog. I s as you said, what what do we got here?
Speaker 7: What's well, what you got in your hand right now is a Tableau device that's connects. It's an antenna that connects to your television network and its streams live stuff throughout the entire house.
Speaker 4: As far as every room that has.
Speaker 3: A TV in a can connect through it.
Speaker 7: You get over one hundred and twenty five channels, and not to mention you can you can. You can watch Paul's record, live television stuff, news, local news, live sports, and popular shows.
Speaker 4: You can do all those kinds of things, just as if you were.
Speaker 7: Paying a subscription for something. Instead of paying all these different subscriptions, you can do a lot.
Speaker 3: Right there were on Tableau.
Speaker 1: So people ain't gonna come to my house though already emm it.
Speaker 3: No, you can set it up on your own.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just talking about because you get all this stuff that we ain't paying for.
Speaker 3: Those people are.
Speaker 2: Talking about people that say, hey you people who them people new people that were you were.
Speaker 3: You ain't paying for ish.
Speaker 4: Ish if you ain't paying nothing, they gonna come out.
Speaker 2: They gave that to you. Okay, these people gave it to you. People, are you gonna say, gave me this? So if y'all got something some problem, y'all take it now.
Speaker 7: If you want to write, you know, you want to pay taxes on it, and that's on you. But that's a gift that's under thousand dollars, under ten thousand.
Speaker 3: Good. Yeah, I'm I'm gonna use this. I'm definitely gonna use this. But you pay, you pay one subscription right now.
Speaker 4: You should pay one time, one time.
Speaker 3: You get all this though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you don't have you don't have to pay the monthly stuff you lo. This is McDonald's guy. Yeah, this is the guy that you know to fake stuff. Yeah, yeah, I said used to.
Speaker 3: I did say used to.
Speaker 4: I did say, yes, sir.
Speaker 3: What's been good? What's going on them? Not much?
Speaker 4: Man, everything's good. I can't complaint. In Dallas, Still in Dallas, Yeah, still doing that. Kids, still growing up.
Speaker 7: My son EJ Is getting prepared to uh for his pro day at a and M it's dope and so giving him Send in love his way and want to see if he can fulfill his dreams as well.
Speaker 3: So you know how that is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got an important question to go ahead. I got a very important question because we're dealing with someone here, the greatest star, the greatest player to wear that star.
Speaker 3: On his helmet.
Speaker 6: So I've always had a dialogue with Cowboys fans.
Speaker 3: They've gotten on me because I'm thinking about.
Speaker 6: George Pickens and how valuable he is and what he was able to show in the small symbicize and how great he can be in the right situation. It's time for a nigga paid. I would like to know your thoughts in me, my thoughts before you go. Is him going to a team where you can maximize his true value?
Speaker 3: What do you think get paid?
Speaker 7: I would say George Pickens is at the right place. He is in the right place. He has a place where he can flourish. He has a place right alongside C. D.
Speaker 3: Lamb.
Speaker 7: Yes, because I think you have to have a batman and a robbin together.
Speaker 4: Irvin had Harper, Rice had.
Speaker 3: John Taylor.
Speaker 4: Yes, and even when you go back to yes, yes, so you have to have that kind of scenario.
Speaker 7: And I think what you saw was a glimpse of how good he can really become in a system that supports that type of environment.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so.
Speaker 7: My hope is that Jerry and George get this contracts for stuff behind them so we don't have to be dealing with all these questions during this time a season. The Dallas Cowboys deserve and the fans deserve a very quiet, boring offseason that when has that ever happen?
Speaker 3: That's why they.
Speaker 8: Deserve one's how they deserve.
Speaker 3: Was Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 6: I like it, and I love the examples of the duos that you just said. But when I think about George Pickins and Cede Lamb, those are two number ones. So based on what George picks has done and what George Pickings showed you, whatever contract the one that he deserves, it has to overlap that of Ceedee Lambs.
Speaker 7: Maybe maybe not first of foremost, So we don't know if he is the number one. A number one, don't quit, a number one goes through and don't pout when he doesn't get the ball.
Speaker 4: A number one.
Speaker 7: Understand that defenses could be doubling up on one, and you don't get not a throat. A number one says, Okay, I'm gonna draw double coverage. You better tell that one on one up by yourself, Yes, sir. A number one says, hey, why can we run the ball. I mean, we're trying to throw the ball against double coverage over here, and I got guys all over man and I got to defend.
Speaker 3: I'm playing the defensive back.
Speaker 7: You didn't hire me to play DV So A number one was says, run the daggon ball when it's six in the box or seven in the box.
Speaker 3: What did Michael tell you? And cover two? What did he tell you?
Speaker 9: But Michael says, throw it to me anyway, I'm gonna go get it. Michael went and got it, but Mike winning got it. Soptamber two, you got run him up out of it in me, but Mike ran and got it.
Speaker 7: Though Mike, Mike was never afraid of going in there on against two guys free got.
Speaker 4: Mike gonna you, Mike tell you right now you throw that slant.
Speaker 8: My folks back in Miami gonna eat because I'm gonna catch that slant. I may get knocked out, but I'm gonna catch that slam like this care and they gonna be moving the chains. And so that's the mentality that George needs to develop.
Speaker 4: You said a key word.
Speaker 7: He has to get in that system that affords him the opportunity to showcases the numbers.
Speaker 4: Harper thought he was the number one till he went to Tampa.
Speaker 7: A system also give you the ability to shine at your best.
Speaker 4: The right system, this own system will hold you back.
Speaker 6: This is the funny thing about it is is George Pickers has a skill set. Me knowing receivers, is he has a skill set to go anywhere and be able to show what I doubt that I'm adopted telling you because we saw him doing, and we saw him doing in Pittsburgh and s and they didn't even have a quarterback in.
Speaker 4: You put George system in.
Speaker 6: In open You put George Pickings and put him in with Mendoza coming.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, Veggas, no, you put him in put them in Vegas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right now, right now, right now, Get in the ball, put in his hands.
Speaker 3: No, put him in position to make them player, to have somebody that can get in the ball, Get him the ball.
Speaker 7: So all I'm saying is the way he flourishes that is when he got somebody that can get him the ball, and there's a concerted reference whether you double him a double CD. One of them gonna be one on one, and I better destroy somebody that's one on one. If I'm not destroying somebody one on one, that means a tight end is free too. He's one on one and so I'm gonna run him out of that and they're gonna have to go back to cover two. I'm gonna get mine right.
Speaker 4: But nobody healthish part of our football. I knew if it was eight in the box, I'm like, nang, nang, I.
Speaker 7: Can't get a hundred, But I'll tell you what, that eighth man gonna get it.
Speaker 3: Yes, he gonna feel it four quarter.
Speaker 4: He ain't gonna want to stick his head in there. That's what has to happen.
Speaker 7: And I knew going into certain games, whether it was against Philly when they Buddy Ryan had that ape man, that.
Speaker 3: Bear defense defense.
Speaker 7: I'm like, man, I'd be lucky to get fifty five yards today, but I knew that.
Speaker 2: But I'm looking at her.
Speaker 4: Bet he better because when it's my time eat, I'm gonna eat.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 7: So that's the y ain't and the yang because the system and the defense also dictates what's happening because they can bracket you without even covering and close down the throwing lanes and throwing gaps, and guess who gonna have to full the trigger the quarter and if he's not comfortable with those small windows, throwing it your way.
Speaker 4: Ain't got nothing to new with the with the system.
Speaker 2: We had a conversation yesterday oho or nine. We're having a conc hopefully that answer your question.
Speaker 6: You do it, and it's a little selfish on your part, a little bit. You know, it's a little selfish on the Cowboys fans part as well, because I'm looking at I'm looking at something else.
Speaker 4: You're looking at the right thing.
Speaker 2: Remember we had the conversation yesterday and I told CD excuse me, I told Chase, and Chase was trying to tell me he x Y and Z. I say, well, a number one, I said, you never let how much you get in the ball or the situation dictate how hard you play. No, you play hard regardless of circumstances. Whether I catch ten balls when I catch one, I'm going to play hard. We've seen him drift forget about anything that may or may not have happened in Pittsburgh late for this, late for that, or whatever the case may be. But we've seen it firsthand that when he's not getting the ball. It became a national story because the head coach that I had a conversation with George and we can't let what happened that Thanksgiving against the Lions. We can't let that happen again. So that's all I've ever said his.
Speaker 7: And what I'm gonna say, what brand you got? What brand do you have? What brand do you have? What kind of football player were you? What kind of football player were you? What kind of football player?
Speaker 3: In mouth?
Speaker 4: I don't have to talk about it. It goes in the room before I get there. And at the end of the.
Speaker 7: Day, yes, sir, George has to ask m say what do I want to sing him.
Speaker 3: The football field?
Speaker 7: Before I get to I want people to be in the locker room or in the in the in their study room, and I want to the offensive court.
Speaker 3: They come up, guys, we.
Speaker 7: Gotta stop the run this week, this twenty two back here that they got. We can't let him get going, yes, sir, because if we let him get going, ay ain't gonna kill us, then no check gonna get going, So we gotta figure out a way.
Speaker 3: How are we gonna do this?
Speaker 7: They I want them to have a damn nightmare thinking about how they gonna stop us, because at the end of the day, you can't hold everything back, and when you hold one back, I got, Now I understand.
Speaker 3: Why I get. Thank you for the respect and all I'm saying.
Speaker 7: George has to develop that kind of it's not all about me, yes, And that's the problem with a lot of kids today. They think everything is about them and and and so I had what I learned from Jimmy one day.
Speaker 4: I'm a rookie. We have on our two minute drill on Thursday night.
Speaker 3: You have two minute.
Speaker 4: Drill and Jimmy's in charge of put spot in the ball.
Speaker 7: He's the rip and so it's third and by four I get five yards.
Speaker 4: Do my little hoo cup catch the ball?
Speaker 7: First down? I see first time? Jim said, no, first down, no first time, moving his back for yards. So I was like, no, I got a first down, no first time? He said, no first time. Get in the hold, get in anoddle, I said, but coach, I got the first get in the hold to get your butt in and noddle. So I go in the huddle, then we're breaking home coming out, he said, time out, caught time out trot walking over to the sideline.
Speaker 3: I go up to her, I.
Speaker 4: Said, coach, I got the first a cat your buddy in the huddle.
Speaker 7: Embarrassment in front of all my teammates. I was mad, so I didn't talk to him. After practice, I walked by him. Don't say nothing. I'm going to the meeting room. Back there, walk pastim, don't say nothing. Come back out of the me room, going to the training room, walk past and don't say nothing.
Speaker 4: Getting ready to leave.
Speaker 7: The training room, walk past him. He said, oh, oh, you're not gonna speak. I said, coach, why do you get on me like that? Why you embarrassment in front of my team? He said, I want you to know something that wasn't for you, That was for everybody on the team to know that if I can get on my best players, and if you not one of the top player, then you don't stand the chairs. But I was mad because I had to call a time out. I was mad at the OC for not getting to play any time.
Speaker 3: Enough.
Speaker 7: Didn't have nothing to do to you. But I understand. I understood that. I said Wow, what a lesson to learn. We thought and we think things are about us. George is not all about you.
Speaker 3: See, this is not all.
Speaker 4: About you, tight end. It is not all about him.
Speaker 3: That is not all about you.
Speaker 7: The five guys up front that protect all him in order for you to get the ball naked about them, because that's how you get the running game going. That's how you get the past game going. If Dak is on his back, he can't throw it, damn.
Speaker 3: So it's just that simple to me.
Speaker 1: Hall of Famer number twenty two for the Dallas Cowboys Emmi Smith and appreciated.
Speaker 3: Most of that.
Speaker 4: Educated you.
Speaker 6: You get to keep it, Okay, keep but don't nobody give me nothing.
Speaker 4: I gave you something. Appreciate.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I.
Speaker 6: Really get gifts, but I appreciate that to me. You accept gifts, hey, and it gave me a gift. We talking back.
Speaker 1: Appreciate your dog, but no, but that's the real Yeah, Yeah, that's hey, it's more to be talked about.
Speaker 3: There's more to be talked about. Okay, what what that means? We're talk we are talk We're hope we're talk.
Speaker 1: Ear.
Speaker 3: What's the number one? Am I gonna get easy, gonna get his true value.
Speaker 4: It's true. Whoever get their true value quarterbacks do.
Speaker 3: Now we're gonna even deserve it. True. Yeah, I said it. I said it. Goodness to your dog. I ain't lying either. Don't you know shit you're trying to tell? I mean tnuse.
Speaker 2: Now he played with the Green Bay package from twenty seventeen to twenty twenty three. Now he's a Minnesota Vikings twenty twenty four. Moving forward, kind of ding this year. Harry's Aaron Jones, Hey, Jay, what's going on? Bro So's Yes, sir ah Man, let's start with the olph in the room. It's got to be paid. The guy that y'all had at the back last year is here. How different do you believe your season would have been had that guy still been in your locker room?
Speaker 4: I feel like we we last year.
Speaker 1: We we only lost to two teams, really lost two games. We lost the two games to the.
Speaker 3: The Rams and then two the Lions.
Speaker 4: So I felt like we had everything we needed.
Speaker 1: But you know, we're not. We're not gems or nothing that's outside of us. Yes, but definitely, you know, when when you guys, when you got a group of guys behind the quarterback, and uh, he wants to stay somewhere. I think you try to make it work right when I look at you, look at your general manager. Quas Adolpho Mensa ended up losing his job obviously. You know, they said, well, he had this many draft picks and only two Pro Bowl players were selected, and uh, Sam Donald ends up going to on a van friendly contract. There's no question about mind that the Minnesota could have matched that contract because it seemed like it was like thirty up to the million dollars and a couple have been seeing him. You win, you're the Vision, and you win a playoff game, you get to the super Bowl. Man who wouldn't put those kind of centim in there? I mean, I mean I got to play a million dollars if he gets to the super Bowl. I would gladly play a million dollars. Get to get a guy, get me to the super.
Speaker 3: Bowl him too.
Speaker 4: I pay you my checking this this super Bowl check.
Speaker 2: How do you feel? I mean, this year you got nicked a little bit. It's been a while. I mean normally you you're very durable. You catch the ball up, You're dual threat. You can catch it, you can run it. But you gotta got nick this year. How disappointed and frustrated was your season this year compared to years paying.
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 4: It was a little frustrating.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say disappointing because I got I got to step up as a leader, find different ways to make an impact. But it was because I feel like when I'm when I'm healthy and when I'm out there can't be f with at all.
Speaker 4: So it's a it's a point of just staying staying healthy.
Speaker 1: And I never felt like after I got week week two, I put my hamstring. Yes yeah, really didn't get back healthy till I came back, But really wasn't feeling myself to Detroit the first time we played Detroit. That came out in the first half at like seventy eight yards and then start the third quarter ac joint mister the rest of that and just battling. So just get back to it, really ground this offseason, take care of myself and how the best one yet show everybody I still got it and I'm still him and I'm the best running back.
Speaker 6: Outside of having to prove yourself, not even prove yourself, but prove all the doubt is wrong in your team you look at the landscape of your team. What do you think you guys need to do differently to be able to be in the conversation and be here when you're not here talking with us, but you're here doing radio road media in the Super Bowl next year.
Speaker 3: What do you think needs to happen?
Speaker 1: I feel like it comes down to execution and minimizing those minimizing them stakes. Yet you gotta play mistake free football, or at least it's you know, nothing's gonna be perfect, but don't turn over the ball. Anytime you don't turn over the ball, you give yourself a chance to win. But uh, just all eleven playing with a with a mean streak across the board, like because when I felt like when we would lock in and that removed the ball. But if not, if nobody was saying nothing, it wasn't happening. So just staying on top of everybody when we get in a huddle and being that being an enforcer of confidence, like, hey, is there any place.
Speaker 4: You'd rather be?
Speaker 1: Y'all dream to be in here right now? So like, let's go do this. I don't care who's standing in front of you. Yeah, And it was because that's how I think when I when I step on the field, like I came in with a Rod Davante Adams, But in my head, I was the best player on the field. May what was I really? Maybe not? But you gotta be that the league mentality. As you mentioned a Rod, he's contemplating retirement. He's about to be forty two years of age. What advice would you offer Aaron? You Like I said, you you you had some great years with Aaron. You won some MVP You you was there when he won MVPs, when he was at.
Speaker 4: His absolute apex.
Speaker 2: Yes, Uh, if you could offer so many insight, you know, he said, I want to dec so I want to take some time away from this. Before I made my decision, it seemed like he was having fun the most funny long time. Uh and Pittsburgh as opposed the previous two seasons in New York.
Speaker 3: Uh. Anything you want to share.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I was about to hit on. I think he got a lot of ball left. Like you see him out there, he's looked like he having fun. Is his celebrations. The love for the game is back in his heart and you can you can see it. And UH, and he's a competitor.
Speaker 3: I think he. I think that's me. I think he comes back.
Speaker 4: I think he.
Speaker 3: I think he got a lot left.
Speaker 1: Like you see at the end of the one of the games, he threw a hell marriage just flicked his wrists seventy Yeah, you can't just come out and coach that.
Speaker 3: Like if he comes back, would it be there or would it be in Minnesota?
Speaker 4: I like him in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: I mean that's my daughter.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just I'm just throwing that and just what he brings to a locker room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, that leadership, that is a standard.
Speaker 1: Like if you if you ain't in your playbook, oh you ain't, You ain't seeing the field like he gonna he gonna test you. He gonna throw some signals out there and he gonna see if you really care about this, right right?
Speaker 4: And as a player, like I love.
Speaker 1: That because I'm I'm in my books, I'm I'm making an effort like I came. I came from Utaph from nothing like right, so I had to I had to earn that. And when you do it the right way and it's noticed, it's refreshing.
Speaker 6: And most definitely when I think about it too, just envisioned hypothetically speaking, you know, quarterbacks normally flourished, especially like Aaron Rodgers who's now on the older side. So you put him in a situation where he doesn't have to elevate those around him, but the team around him can elevate elevate him.
Speaker 3: And you know what, you know what team you can do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got you got Honkinson's gonna be back. They got Naylor.
Speaker 3: It makes sense to me. You're running the ball in the backfield, Jordan Mason still there.
Speaker 2: You got a situation where you're going into your ten season, normally ten years for running back. That's kind of that's that's normally that that kind of it. But you're still playing at an elite level.
Speaker 3: What do you what do you.
Speaker 1: Attribute that you just standing on top of even though I was banged up a little bit this year, just staying on top of my body as much as I can, trying to find different things and different ways to stay in front of it.
Speaker 3: I'm back in the after I lead a facility.
Speaker 1: I'm back in the facility every day for about two hours. I go home, two hours, hang out, grab my son. He comes to the facility with me. He in the hot tub, he and he and a sauna, he doing all of that. So just finding ways to stay ahead of the game and and then just really busting my butt in the off season.
Speaker 4: Just kind of I took it from Jerry Rice.
Speaker 1: I was watching something and he was saying he don't take much time off, like he from running, like he keeps his body going.
Speaker 4: So it never all right, I'm old.
Speaker 3: Now I got to get this body back going.
Speaker 1: So just kind of took that from him, and then I think it's a mentality than one two.
Speaker 3: I want to play this game for as long.
Speaker 1: As I can to. They tell me I can't. So it's funny because we had like Harrison Smith, c J. Ham retired this year, and uh, I'm looking at them. I'm like, yeah, I don't it's not gonna this is not gonna be me.
Speaker 3: I don't like I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna have to go this. Tell you can't play this team, don't want to call okay, call it next team. And that's how I feel like.
Speaker 3: This is gonna end for me. Bro I like it. I like it. You got a quarterback you selected very high.
Speaker 2: JJ McCarthy, but he's kind of been Nick missed his entire rookie year and was in and out of the lineup this year. What what what do you think he needs to do in order to stay healthy on the field and then prove because right now he's up against the ghost of Sam Donald. Sam Donald was there and you mentioned they won. Y'all won for y'all was fourteen and three, Uh, the years of Sam Donald was playing. And now Sam goes to another team and he's in the Super Bowl. So unfortunately for him, he's up against the ghost of Sam Donald.
Speaker 1: I think you just got to come in and continue to continue to grow, continue to believe in himself. And I always tell him, you're here for a reason. We need you and you you made it this far. About what you got up here and your your God giving a billion the work that you put in.
Speaker 3: So don't let that change you.
Speaker 1: Don't let no outside noise change you or how you think of yourself, because confidence is a big thing when you step on that. Just trying to steal that in him, but uh, just getting back to the fundamental sitting down, taking a deep breath, and I feel like Trady Kemp will be huge from all those reps and stuff like that, And I say, what a young quarterback. It takes time. Like you, look look at him. They was ready to write him off at one point. Look at Jordan Love, he had time to come in and sit down and develop. Uh, Bryce Young this year, he had time to sit down and but not he didn't even sit down. He played through that development though, and they gave it. He got he got bench, came right, look good. Yeah, so it takes it takes time for quarterbacks. We were so used to those cornerstone quarterbacks that we've had for a while, and I think it's changing over and it takes Tom for them. People just look at Peyton and they look at Man Peyton Man, and Peyton's terrible as rookie.
Speaker 2: I was in the league and Tom didn't even start his rookie year. So we don't know what Tom could or couldn't have been. And then for the first couple of years they were a run defensive football team before the Tom. Yeah, we see the finish, probably Tom, but Tom didn't start off like that because if he started off like that, he wouldn't have been a sixth round draft pick. He'd have been a first round draft pick. But that being said, you do and you hear all the quarterbacks talk about it. You hear Peyton, you hear Tom, you hear Drew, you hear some of these guys like they're not developing quarterbacks anymore because everybody wants this thing instantaneous. They're not willing to They were not willing to let these guys grow.
Speaker 3: Brow.
Speaker 4: You ain't wanted some playoff game yet, Bro, I'm.
Speaker 1: A rookie, and it seemed like it all fought on them too. Yes, and it's not always them. There's things around them that gotta be working too. We gotta make their job easier.
Speaker 2: Because the thing is now, you see the cap went up to like between three hundred and one and three hundred and five million, So in the next five years, that means the cap is gonna be damn near four hundred million dollars money coming in. With that being said, when you got to play within the next ten years, you know there's gonna be a quarterback making.
Speaker 3: One hundred million a year. One hundred percent. He's gonna be making a hundred million.
Speaker 4: Get a little sonning backs, get a little song.
Speaker 2: And so the thing is is that, hey, we're gonna pay somebody a hundred million dollars a year.
Speaker 3: I got to know it for certain. He can play. He's the one.
Speaker 1: He gotta be the one hundred million he got to be able to take us to the game.
Speaker 3: Hundred million.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a big investment. Yeah, Aaron Jones, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: Broken. I appreciate y'all. Love legends. You already know. Twenty five first Team All Pro, one hundred and twenty seve catch.
Speaker 2: Up with the NFL record for tight end legit twelve hundred and thirty nine receiving yards, eleven touchdown. He just broke the record single season record for a tight end. Trey McBride, Trey, how you doing, bro?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Man, manreciate y'all.
Speaker 3: Man, this will be.
Speaker 2: Listen, let's go and get mad. You're here for the mad, right, sir, So talk to us about it.
Speaker 4: Just just you know, obviously a great game Madden.
Speaker 10: You know, obviously love playing, man, And what do I gotta do to get one more point?
Speaker 4: Man, I'm a ninety eight.
Speaker 3: You're you're probably gonna be a nine. I'm gonna sit. I'm gonna sit together with my team.
Speaker 6: We're gonna discuss because obviously you should be a ninety nine. What you were able to do this season so tremendous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna have to sit down and talk about that. Having to have a deep conversation about.
Speaker 2: You you want to go shooting that.
Speaker 6: Change conversation isn't even deep, it's more so common sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the numbers talking man.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, you had an unbelievable season, obviously, and you had an individual great season, not the team success that you would hope for. Your head coach got relieved of its duty. What do you think you guys need to do? You hired Mike Lafleur, who's an offensive coordinator at the at the Rams. What do you think you guys, what do you guys need to do in order for you to make a playoff run, to get into the playoffs and and and see some of the individual success that you enjoying. Let people see you on the big stage in a playoff game.
Speaker 10: I think you know, we're right there, man, We're close. We're in every single game, we're in the fourth quarter. We're you know, one play here, one play there, and I think that's what we need, man, We just need that one play to get us over the edge.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We're right there.
Speaker 10: We just got to finish games and last year, we just weren't finishing games good enough. And I think we're gonna just finish games this year and we're gonna be right there in that conversation.
Speaker 6: How's the body holding up after having a season like that, having that amount of catches, going through that kind of punishment, how's the body holding up so far?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I feel great, man, feel really good man.
Speaker 10: I wish I was still playing, you know, I feel good enough to keep playing, so, uh, just got to keep going. I'm young man, just feeling great, so just got to build on it next year.
Speaker 3: Or you the best tied end in football?
Speaker 4: You know it's it's I'm a great tight end, man, But these.
Speaker 6: Are no answer, no answer, PC. Yes, you are the greatest tight end in football right now.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 10: It's hard because you know Travis George, he's gotta been doing it for a long time, and they got a body of work, a log body of work. And I just got to got stacked a few more years. And I think we can put myself in that conversation.
Speaker 2: Three years of your NFL career, you had six touchdown. This year you break out you have eleven. What what was different?
Speaker 1: What clicked this year as what I mean, obviously your third year you had an unbelievable season, But what wasn't for you that totally that you were totally in sync. And it seems to me that once a Jacoby Brissette got today, he's like, hey, get'll portray.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that's exactly what it was. Man.
Speaker 10: Jacoby was just like, if it's one on one man, the ball's coming to you. I just expect the ball to come to you. And even if it's two on one man, the ball's coming to you. So Jacoby just had a lot of faith in me. He had a lot of trust in me. And uh, I think that's what it was.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 10: He just believed in me, and the opportunities kept coming and I was making place for him.
Speaker 2: Have you had an opportunity to study the Rams offense, because that's the offense that you guys are going to be running now. Normally that offense is predicated on the outside guys. You see Cooper Cup, you see Cooper and Nakua, you see Davonte Adams. It's really not tight end centric. But and I let you guy Wilson is I was trying to tell o joke. Yeah, but nice you're their best receipt and so now you're gonna have the gear on the offense that's really suited.
Speaker 3: To make sure you get your catches, making you get your target. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think of the other thing about it, man, he not only did they have the receiver receipt, they led the league in thirteen personnel. Man, So they love the tight end. They're gonna put the tight end out on the field and they're gonna throw to the tight end too. So I think that's a huge part of us. But we do have two great receivers with Marvin Harrison Michael Wilson. Man, we got a lot of weapons on that offense, and I'm just excited to see how how Michael Folly is gonna get all the ball.
Speaker 2: Man, It's gonna be a lot of fun. When you got into the league, what was what was your expectations? What did you hope to accomplish? Because you've had such success, He's gone a couple of Pro Bowls and here you are. You set the NFL record most receiving yards in a single season by tight end one hundred and twenty six. One twenty six almost almost led the league in reception. In reception you finished three behind Puokah one twenty six, twelve, thirty nine and eleven touchdowns.
Speaker 3: What were your hopes when you got into the league? What did you say?
Speaker 4: You know what, my first my first quarter, my first.
Speaker 3: Four year in the NFL? What were you hoping to accomplish?
Speaker 10: You know, I knew I was a great player. I just wanted to be the best player that I can be. I didn't know to this extent that I was gonna be. You get the opportunity, you get a little bit of a success man, and it's like, I'm just hungry for Man. Now, I just gotta do what I did last year, beat it again. And now it's just a consistency being able to do it over and over and over again. And I think that's what really makes a great Tide end is doing it over and over again.
Speaker 2: I definitely agree with that, because the thing is is that it's it's easy to sneak up on someone when really people don't know who you are.
Speaker 3: But you know when they do.
Speaker 2: When defensive coordinators go into that room on Monday, they got that number circle. This is the guy that we got to neutralize if we want to have any hopes of winning this ball game. We got to keep this guy under control. And for you to go out there game in and game out, week in and week out and show the level of consistency in what you've done, that speaks volume to the type of player that you are.
Speaker 4: And like, it's a lot harder to get over now.
Speaker 10: You know, it used to be easy, and the hell I was getting wide open and now it's getting chipped at the line.
Speaker 4: I'm getting double team here and there.
Speaker 10: And I think it just it means more when I catch a ball now because it's like I had to really work for it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 10: It wasn't just schemed up and wasn't I really had to get open and work for it. You had to beat two guys instead of one, and just means a little bit more. So now there's no secret. Man, Now I got to do it again when everyone knows.
Speaker 3: Who I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when it's all said done, how do you want your career? How do you want how do you want to be remembered? How does Trey McBride want to be remember when it's all said.
Speaker 10: And done, Just as a consistent, you know, elite player, man, a guy who kind of did everything the right way, you know, played for his teammates and most importantly, man did it the right way. I think that's the most thing is, Uh, you don't want to, you know, cheat the game, man. You just want to keep keep building it and then just do it the right way. And I think that's what I'm trying to build it.
Speaker 3: You know. The thing is in your quarterback, Kyleer.
Speaker 2: You've been there, He's been there your entire time, and there's a stretchy that he might be leaving, he might be traded, and now some of that has been taken back that they's a chance that he might stay there. Are you okay with that? Or you think you guys, Kyle's got kind of got nicked, but you had great seasons under Kyle that. I mean, it just it just skyrocketed. It just got rocketed with with Jacobia.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Man, I love Kyler Man.
Speaker 10: He's a tremendous player, a guy who can make all the off schedule plays. Man, he can he can do it all. So I love everything about him and I'd love to have him back as a quarterback because obviously we got a great chemistry. We got I know exactly what he's thinking. But you know, whoever's back there slinging it. Man, I'm gonna get open for him and we're gonna make it happen.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 2: So okay, so we can pilsor you in one thirty that you had one thirty and just add you know, add one or two dead to all those because you know, okay, you already got directed, so you might as well try to get I think Kelsey Kelsey got over fourteen hundred. Yeah, you got to get that one. And I think Bronk has like seventeen.
Speaker 3: Sixteen, seventeen something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I got some work to do now.
Speaker 6: All you got to do is start off early. You start off early those first five.
Speaker 3: Weeks, yeah, and just cruise the rest of the season with TDS. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You get one thirty plus fifteen hundred yards and sixteen touchdown, you might be the first tight end to win an NV feed.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, with those kinds of.
Speaker 3: Noble man, congratulations, great you got But how you doing?
Speaker 11: I'm doing all right, man, It's good to see y'all. Man, proud of y'all. Is always doing y'all thinks. I watch y'all want our kids, especially night Cab, you know, doing y'all things. I said my boy, just making noise and stuff, winning, you know, winning top ten across the border.
Speaker 4: Just handling this business now, don't mind saying that.
Speaker 11: And I've been in it as long as he has, and the podcast work't I have my feelings.
Speaker 4: Kicking my head.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, but I'm like this now, No, I've been Yeah, I'm following it.
Speaker 4: So I'm good with it. I'm good with it.
Speaker 3: Like, so, what's you what's you been?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, I'm gonna say I want to talk a little basketball. I know he knows, he has a knowledge. He's in the game, understand the game and can hear some of the things that we can't hear from the background.
Speaker 3: Yannis yeah, and Joab Yeah.
Speaker 6: Is there a move for those two before today's before the four o'clock.
Speaker 11: Des Highly unlikely. It's highly unlikely. It's still possible, but highly unlikely. Yannis has four calf injuries since over the last nineteen months.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 11: I'm a Knicks fan, yes, so long suffering, diehard Knicks fan, and I'm sitting up there, yeah you so still you always tease me about that.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, get me started with him.
Speaker 11: But the thing about it is this, I'm like, go get him, Go get Yannis, go get Gianni's and then the calf injuries him. Wait a minute now, I mean wait a minute now, because here's the reason why it really hurt Stephen Ain't. I'm gonna tell why you get nervous. I'm tell why you get nervous, KD calf injury for the torn achilles. You see what happened last year Haller Burton Tatum, you get nervous. So the worst thing that could happen to the New York Knicks. You're gonna have to trade at least two players in a couple of picks. And if you do that and then Yannis can't go, oh is what it?
Speaker 4: Dister?
Speaker 2: And I can't have that, And they're gonna want to back extension this summer.
Speaker 11: To That's right, and I so I worry about that. In the case of John Moran, here's my problem. First of all, all of these cats that want to get on him for his troubles from years ago.
Speaker 4: Stop that. To stop that.
Speaker 11: You know, he's young, he made a mistake. Let it go, Damn, let it go. But here's what you can't hold against him. I see no change in his game. I see no change in his game. No, no, no, no, Evolve. You shoot twenty three percent for three point rangs. Do you know that that's the second worst three point shooter in the NBA right now?
Speaker 6: Hold on, I'm just saying at the second level and when it's time to drive to the that that's where he makes his head.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying to you is the way the game is now.
Speaker 11: You gotta be able to be a perimeter threat, so he could give you eighteen to twenty a night when he's The problem is to get you to the next level. You gotta be able to hit, especially with him being as slim as he is.
Speaker 3: You gotta be able to get guard. You can't shoot twenty three.
Speaker 11: Twenty three percent from three point ran three point ranks. You can't do that. And so when I'm looking at him, maybe it's because of the distractions, maybe it's because of the money you got comfortable, but I'm not seeing any evolving in your game. And that's what I'm worried about, not.
Speaker 4: That he can't put.
Speaker 3: I know we can involve coming on down there.
Speaker 6: The destruction environment where discipline is concerned in Miami.
Speaker 4: I don't mind that.
Speaker 11: I don't I don't know but wait a minute, but at the expense of whom, because I ain't letting go Tyler Hero for him.
Speaker 4: What you know, let me tell you why. Tyler Hero can shoot. He can spread the floor.
Speaker 11: If if if John can't shoot, then how that's gonna help Bam, How that's gonna help collel Well, how that's gonna help these other cats. You need to have somebody that can shoot from the outside to keep you on this so when you come out there to defend him, it gives.
Speaker 4: You big some space. You can't have a cat that's got to go.
Speaker 3: To the hole.
Speaker 11: You listen, remember when Ben Simmons was playing, Yes, this is an all time player.
Speaker 4: I'll never get as long as I live.
Speaker 11: Carmelo Anthony is guarding Ben Simmons and then it's like a light bulb flash and he said, he said, what the hell I'm not doing and turned his back to Ben Simmons and sprint it to the pain.
Speaker 4: He said, what am I guarding him out there for? He'll never shoot at you? See what I'm saying?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you gotta make somebody respect you enough to guard you away from the battle.
Speaker 2: This game, everybody, I mean only one player, uh uh? And Jane Day you Jade and daniels In and Connor from Threads. Ye, well, the only two people that we've had come across this desk and picked the Patriots to win this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it ain't gonna be me.
Speaker 11: The ain't gonna be me. I ain't picking no damn Patricks. I hope that's not what you were needed. Why did you want to pick them? Well, it's so right now it's ten to two. Everybody else that's coming up here to talk to old you and that, right, it's ten to to Seattle to win over the page.
Speaker 4: Then I'm eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm love it.
Speaker 3: Love What is it about? What is it about the Seahawks that you love the most?
Speaker 4: Complete?
Speaker 11: New England went against the Chargers damn good defense. Yeah, they went against Houston elite defenses. They went against the ver Broncos sixty eight sacks for a shive of the all time record.
Speaker 4: I know you know it about to Broncos.
Speaker 11: None of them were considered number one. It was Seattle, right, that's the defense you got to go against. Then I'm looking at the Patriots office. It's only giving you eighteen points per game in the postseason. Now, I understand the blizzard in Denver in the second half, right, but how you explain the first four and out, the first four possessions?
Speaker 4: You had three and outs in the first half.
Speaker 11: How do you explain the fact that you were struggling, really to score against Houston. How do you explain the fact that you were scored struggling to score against the Charges. But I'm supposed to believe you're gonna score against Seattle. And then when I think about in jig book, I'm like, who the he ate stronger, bigger, faster than nobody, But you can't stop he was doing. He was wreaking havoc at Ohio State. Now look what he doing in Seattle. That's why you let go of TK metcalf as your number one option because you could afford and this brother been playing lights out. Sam Donald suddenly looked like an All world quarterback.
Speaker 4: You know, Kenneth Walk. Everybody talking about shot that being out.
Speaker 11: But let me tell you something, Kenny Walker, he did rush for over a thousand yards. He did average four point six yards to carry. I'm like, how are we sleeping on him? We can't sleep on these brothers. I just think they're the most complete team.
Speaker 4: And as I think, the only shot.
Speaker 11: New England has of winning this Super Bowl they have to hold Seattle to twenty points or less because I don't see them scoring more than twenty.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, they're gonna have They're gonna have coach some turnovers. Now, Sam Darld's been great in the postseason. He's taking care of the football. As long as he doesn't revert back to what we think and what we've seen him be steven, I think they'll be fine. But you know, go back and look at every team in the turn in the playoffs. Whoever's turned the ball over the most, they went home.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 11: By the way, Drake may six times three lost, fumbled, yes, sacked five times each game.
Speaker 4: Oh so, y'all ain't even protecting them. And by the way you see I see to get to the ball. You see how they said so so you.
Speaker 11: Can run with the football, and he's showing that he could do that, particularly on first and second down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they use it on first and second down. So I get that part.
Speaker 11: But I'm like this guy, the ain't gonna work again. I can't see that happening. The only way is if Drake all of a sudden with Booty and Diggs is flinging that damn football, and all of a sudden, we were watching these cats throw the damn football.
Speaker 4: If I see that, that will change my mind. I can't see that.
Speaker 2: But the secondary for seattles so good. Boon and wol exactly, wuarrey uh and warr uh. That really good defensive line with with d long And and Leonard Williams and those got reach man, they're really good. Erniet Jones the fourth and he's been a steal. He's been exceptional.
Speaker 4: And the people are pointing to LA.
Speaker 11: You scored thirty eight against them in the regular season and the overtime lost when they lost thirty eight thirty seven, they gave up twenty seven to LA, you know, in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: And I'm going like this, that was pooka nakup out.
Speaker 3: There, Pat catching that dad boy and Davante.
Speaker 11: You ain't got you ain't got that on New England. I respect the hell of the Booty and dagsman. You ain't that, dude. No not, You're not that dude. That's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 2: And I like Drake May but for me and I don't have a vote. But if I had a vote, I'll vote for Matthew Stafford for MVP.
Speaker 11: He's the only problem I like. See, here's the problem I had with Shannon Sharp, you know, or say O, Choe this he had this problem all the damn time.
Speaker 4: It's okay to say, Steven there you right, I agree with you.
Speaker 11: See he's trying to say he was he was listening to me.
Speaker 4: He was listening to me.
Speaker 3: Say that. You say he was.
Speaker 11: Listening to me, say Stafford the damn NV Yeah, yeah, he's not forget, he's just but he'll say he'll just say it without saying no.
Speaker 3: But but you know, but you know, there have been some that said, Drake may.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I don't listen, did Drake made problem? In all seriousness?
Speaker 11: New England had the weakest schedule since nineteen ninety nine, the weakest schedule in the NFL since nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 4: That's what the status Right then you got the Chargers, you depleted.
Speaker 11: At your offensive line with two Pro bowlers out and slay it in all. You go against Houston, Nico Collins is out, shows goes down in the second quarter.
Speaker 3: You go up.
Speaker 11: Against Denver, you got Jarrett Stidham, a backup quarterback who had to throw?
Speaker 4: Now is he a backup quarterback? He ain't throw past his Charty twenty three?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 11: And then on the top and on top of the blizzard came let me come on, you can't a lot of luck a.
Speaker 3: Lot of luck either.
Speaker 4: But you know, sometimes Steve and the things have to go your way.
Speaker 11: That's fair, where that's fair. But usually that's not what I was down in the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 11: Usually in the super Bowl it's about your skill and your will.
Speaker 2: In a game like the super Bowl, the momentum. You're gonna get two momentums, win only two. It's gonna happen whoever gets the momentum first. How much separation can you put between you and the team that doesn't have the Momentumy.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 11: I love that question because I think that if you're New England, you got to have.
Speaker 4: A ten point cushion.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's enough.
Speaker 11: And I'm saying, and I don't think you.
Speaker 4: I don't think you're gonna get the cushion. That's my point. Now, I don't think I.
Speaker 3: Don't think that's enough.
Speaker 2: Because we've we've seen Seattle come back from playing the Rams and the Rams had what an eighteen?
Speaker 11: Yeah, but the Rams defense wasn't New England's. That's the only thing. New England could get stops. Rams couldn't get no stock.
Speaker 1: That's but the question is, see New England's offense ain't the Rams offense.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: That's what I don't have him win. That's why I don't have him win.
Speaker 2: That's the problem. That they can run the ball. I like Henderson, I like Stevenson. They can run the football.
Speaker 11: But woof, everybody said I picked the score final score thirty one twenty and everybody was looking at me and they said, well, you bring it up the defense while you got them scoring thirty one points? And I said, because I think they're gonna get too many bites at the apple because New England's offense isn't gonna be able to do. But so much so if you have the defense out on the field enough, eventually they gonna get. They're gonna get, They're gonna wear out.
Speaker 4: Break Ye, they're gonna break.
Speaker 2: I think it might be a little low scoring than that. I might have I might go twenty four to sixteen.
Speaker 11: I think so I got thirty one twenty. I got thirty one twenty.
Speaker 3: I can see thirty points simply because the high volume was scoring. That set continued to do regardless of who they playing.
Speaker 11: By the way that your boy told me, tell you he hooked me up with his boyfriends glasses, and I want to I when I got the glasses, I bought a bunch of them. Oh no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: He got me with the Captain car. He got me.
Speaker 11: I saw him, I saw on my nightcap and I was like this, I need a few of those.
Speaker 4: So I went and got him. I wouldn't got him.
Speaker 3: You staying for the no you leaving Sunday morning?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 11: You have a good time, man, Shoot, thanks to you at party last night?
Speaker 4: Was no joke, my brother?
Speaker 3: I mean, were you so? When I cut down to Miami, I don't want to hear nothing.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear nothing, no party, and I ain't throwing no party. That's right.
Speaker 3: I forgot you down there. Hey, we gotta go to dinner. I got it. I'm gonna tell you where we go.
Speaker 11: Okay, that's cool, we'll be good. I'll take you up on it then, Okay, I take you serious. I'm that sim Vegas. I got you right, such a line line of asshole. I mean this, captain, I mean Shaid. I can't find Shannon have the damn time. I'm in Vegas.
Speaker 3: You're good?
Speaker 4: You good?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I'm good? I would call you for hour? Where are you at? You know I can't catch them?
Speaker 3: You know, man, I'll be at the bed and Stevie, I'll be sweet.
Speaker 11: I am mad at you, but I'm telling you this, Listen.
Speaker 4: I love living in Florida.
Speaker 3: This lovely. You know you don't smoke cigars.
Speaker 11: Huh No, not really, but I smoked a few. I mean, I mean, I mean one time, last time. It's been years, actually, last time I smoked the cigar I was in. I was in a cigar ball with Michael Straan.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: But I mean I smoked a feel me because it's cool.
Speaker 1: It's cool when I'm coming back there. I mean you, I mean you. I just want to go. I want to go get a bite to eat.
Speaker 3: That's it. But you, we ain't gonna go nowhere else. I want to go get a bie to eat. No, no, no, no, we ain't go hold on, we ain't gonna go nowhere else. No, you might want to know.
Speaker 4: You might want to know. I mean there's a couple of spots that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, I tell you what I do. I tell you what I do. I'll take you to a spot to eat. But it ain't just about eating me. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's all it's all in one, it's all one. I'll take you to the spot.
Speaker 11: Why can't I get friends that support me? Where can I get friend of this? We are supporting, this came out for you. I mean, we're looking out for you. We really are.
Speaker 4: We really are.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, we really are. We got you covered? You understand?
Speaker 3: Why why do I Why do I need any other type of friends?
Speaker 4: But I've tried to It's okay to live.
Speaker 3: You're not living. You are alive, but you're not living. I continue, I.
Speaker 11: Can't you say you going and home? You're working and going home. You're working from home half the time.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 11: I bet there's days that go by that you don't leave a house.
Speaker 3: If I if I don't go work out? Yes, yes, I work out.
Speaker 4: You mean to work out?
Speaker 11: You mean you don't have a Jimmy your house.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 11: I got, I got a show, I got two gyms in my house. All right, this, so why do you got to go to work out? But I but you know, I like so if you like to mingle.
Speaker 2: No, if I don't leave my house to go work out, I would literally be in my house two three weeks at a fact.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 11: I could never do that. Now I've improved. I could stay in the house for a couple of days, two or three days without home like the crib.
Speaker 2: I got cod But when when COVID happened, I ain't miss with me.
Speaker 3: I couldn't.
Speaker 4: Couldn't you gotta go nowhere?
Speaker 3: Perfect, Wow, I got I gotta leave the house. I got to go.
Speaker 11: I got I got to You gotta go out, you gotta eat, you gotta walk around, you gotta you gotta feel a fresh air outside.
Speaker 4: You got to do that.
Speaker 11: I don't give a damn if it's me getting in my car to drive to the.
Speaker 4: Damn store or something, just to get out. And yeah, Philip Brie, Yeah, in.
Speaker 3: Your car and drive to the store in Miami.
Speaker 4: Yeah man, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. That's my story. I'm sticking to it. That's my story. And sticking to it. I'll tell you that right now. I mean, that's what it is. That's what it is. It is lovely.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 11: You know, when we say Miami, let's be very clear, we're not really talking about Miami.
Speaker 4: You talked about all it's surrounded Mark, Yes.
Speaker 11: All the stuff around within the thirty to forty five minute radius, all around it. You know what I'm saying, All around it. Beautiful Lauderdale, the Coral Gables, that's all it's.
Speaker 4: It's all beautiful. It's it's it's.
Speaker 3: It's got here, man.
Speaker 4: It's just a it's just a special thing. You gotta come on down.
Speaker 3: I'm coming down, man. But I told you what I wanted my crib very private, privately.
Speaker 11: You ain't got you ain't got to worry about nothing. You got worry about being found. I'm trying to tell you. I'm trying to tell you you ain't got to worry about nothing. You go to the noise, it ain't at your doorstep. That's the key. That's the key. Don't go to the you don't have the noise at your doorstep. Go to it like that. That way you can stay away from it. When it's time you gotta do I'm trying to tell you Steve A.
Speaker 3: Smith.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you man, congratulations and everything.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the serious show, the Steven A. Smith's show, the big deal at ESPN. You got a bro Appreciate it, Appreciate you, and I want to tell you, yes, sir, I appreciate the support a lot of a lot. When a lot of people ran away. You read to me, no, hell no, and I appreciate it, and I hope you keep them away. And it was no excuse for people to be that one. I saw you, you know, I saw you, and I talk all the time. You know what I'm saying. I got a number of love for y'all, both of y'all. Proud of both of y'all. Keep doing what you think.
Speaker 11: But all these people listen, man, when you up here, they with you, you know exactly. And then and then something happened, and what you do? You you just sat up there and you forgot that that was supposed to be your boy, because there was never your boys.
Speaker 4: You're right, they were never your boys.
Speaker 11: Something to kick rocks with.
Speaker 3: No sho damn right. Appreciated broke add the best juve. Appreciated