Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Ketty Armstrong and Katty and He.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Yeddy. So breaking news story. I have no idea why this has happened and.
Speaker 1: Illinois court has overturned Jesse Smolette's conviction. What I have no idea why? It must be some technicality. What a what a moron?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, kidding that whole He is the clown prince of a whole period of American history that's not over yet, which we're going to get to in a moment or two.
Speaker 1: But I think it's on the wayne.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, yeah, And I do want to get into that.
Speaker 3: University of California Davis named the most anti smit A campus in America, which I mean, come on, you look at Columbia, you look at Harvard. That's some true division one bigotry you've got going on there at UC Davis.
Speaker 1: Way to go at UCLA, they weren't allowing Jewish kids to go.
Speaker 4: To class, right, How do you outdo that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 3: I mean, that is some world class bigotry. Fantastic, he says sarcastically. Obviously, in case you're a moron. Coming up a troubling headline on a number of different levels. Escaped primates open can of worms for South Carolina's Alpha Genesis Research Lab. Will the judges permit that headline?
Speaker 1: No? Because it makes me wonder is that a euphemism metaphor? Or are they actually opening cans of worms? And that's a great step forward for monkeys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, plus just one animal metaphor describing another animal incident.
Speaker 1: I just you know, escaped lion is the elephant in the room.
Speaker 3: I don't know. No, No, we won't have that also coming up, and I find this so interesting. People are risking their eyeballs to get different colored eyes.
Speaker 1: That dumb.
Speaker 4: They don't like their eye.
Speaker 1: Color, that's dumb. I've got some interesting stats on eye color that I think will make it clearly dumb.
Speaker 5: But first, gender bending madness.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm unfortunately stuck on the last thing. Are baboons fishing for a compliment by showing their red heinees?
Speaker 4: Right right?
Speaker 1: Too many animal met It's confusing. Yes, hungry lion in the room. That's pretty for me.
Speaker 3: So i'd want to get to this story I'm about to describe in full but we don't really have time to segment. But it's about this college kid who held a a what would you call it, a panel discussion about protecting women's sports, in other words, only having girls playing girls' sports and not dudes who are confused and claim they're women. And one of the accounts of because it melted down, it went sideways, this panel discussion, and one of the things that happened was one of the law professors, a dude ran to the stage and was screaming with eyes wide and wild and spit flying.
Speaker 7: Trans girls are girls, trades, girls are girls at this law student. This is one of his professors. Number one, these people are nuts. Number two.
Speaker 3: You're a cultist, okay, radical gender theory, trans theory, Okay, you're down with it. But if you like, are so committed to the idea of I say, I'm a girl. I got no fallopian tubes, I got X Y chromosomes, I have the package, the male package, no extra charge, I produce sperm. But I'm a woman. There's something wrong with you.
Speaker 1: You're not well. They're getting that angry about it. Even if you believe that is that I'm fully.
Speaker 3: Right, acting as though there is no argument to be made otherwise. Yeah, and anybody who does is merely a crazy person. I'm really into this whole. It's their religion thing that we're built.
Speaker 1: We're built to protect a certain worldview, you know, with our lives because we evolutionary wise feel like it's key to a surviving as a species. And that's how you get the crusades or people willing to die for the religion or whatever. These people are willing to die for the religion of trans and that's how they get so incredibly worked up right as opposed to being a policy decision right exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's absolutely correct. It is a cult or a quasi religion and troubling. But the reason I pointed that out is that guy going so nuts. Is there a number of headlines from around the country that you just will not hear in the mass media unless it's derisive judgment. The Ohio Senate just passed the bill banning dudes in women's restrooms. Call them transgender people if you want. The problem is their dudes. Call things what they are. Don't be forced to use weird experimental phrases just because the far left wants you to. So did you hear that the Ohio Senate said, yeah, no, women's spaces are for women.
Speaker 4: Then you have this story.
Speaker 3: School board in Wisconsin, radical far right Wisconsin crack down on boys and girls' bathroom in a big change vote. They had a huge turnout at the school board meeting Riverside. I'm sorry, what's the district name. Well, it's not like it's Watertown Unified school board. And the school board voted eight to one in favor of Plan C, which only permits students to use bathrooms and locker rooms and play on sports teams aligned with their There is biological sex. That's the only kind of sex. There is biological sex. So you don't need to see say biological it's redundant and it just exists. So the activists can make you admit that there are different kinds of sex. Are saying edible food, right, Yeah, exactly, Yeah, good point. So anyway, Yeah, overwhelming overwhelming sentiment to the people of the town in the school board that no, no more dudes in girls' spaces.
Speaker 4: So that's happening.
Speaker 3: Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House, is said no, you're not going to have dudes in the women's bathrooms.
Speaker 1: That the Capital either.
Speaker 3: Oh really, in spite of the fact that a quote unquote transgender woman has been elected to the House o Representatives.
Speaker 1: I thought they'd dodge this problem just by going gender neutral bathrooms, so everybody can use every bathroom and then you know, that's that's what they do it every restaurant and coffee shop around here.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah. I think what they'll probably do is the third option. The airport strategy is you have a non gendered bathroom. I suspect that they'll do that at the Capitol. They'll have like one or two little rooms at taxpair expence with as turlet and ass sink that the gender bending congress person can use. So well, I'm not sure that'll provoke some controversy, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: The turnouts on those votes. Interesting and fits in with this opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal today that I was going to get to later. Shy conservatives are key the left in its bubble, and I think that's true. I think so many of us have been scared off by thinking there's way more people in favor a lot of these things. We just keep our mouths shut and the just to avoid the you know, having to argue with someone. And what that has caused is the people who do believe in pronouns or whatever all these other things are, they think there's way more of them than there are because we all keep our mouth shut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's part of my continually bellowing cut the crap lately, is that that's exactly what I'm talking about. You're right, friends, in your attitudes about a couple of things. I'm about to mention, you're absolutely right. Not only that, but you're backed by the vast majority of the American people. Being in the majority doesn't make you right, but you happen to be the right and in the majority. And you've been bullied into silence over the idea that people who sneak into the country illegally should be showered with all the rights and benefits of a citizen. And it's immoral if you say, wait a minute, the idea that we should crush our economy in the name of greens something or other. The idea that, after a century and a half of busting our asses to make this the least country in the least racist country in the world, all of a sudden, we're supposed to accept that, Oh it was founded on racism, and there's more racist than ever. Yeah, cut the crap, bull ass, the idea that children should be mutilated and can choose their own quote unquote gender.
Speaker 4: Cut the crap. It's crap, it's crap, that's right.
Speaker 3: But yeah, back to your point in the journal's point. So I'm reminded of your story about an academic friend who was a gas Well. Couldn't believe that people in private enterprise don't always use their pronouns in their emails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody does. We're discussing the whole You sign off on your email with your name and you put he hamm or she heard whatever. And I said, who does that? And they said who doesn't do that? I said, really, said, doesn't everybody put the brons? And I said, basically nobody. I don't think I've ever seen it out outside of something from a university. So they had no idea. They're in the bubble because we don't speak up. You know. It's like with the the horrible ratings they're having on MSNBC right now and Joe and Mika feeling like they needed to go visit Trump to save their show or something. Is how bubbled all the viewers of MSNBC have been for the last couple of years. You don't know about all these stories. You have no idea that the rest of the country thinks a lot of this stuff is nuts, or how bad the immigration problem is, or how much people are hating inflation. You don't know all that stuff because they weren't covering it on your favorite news channel. It did you a disservice by keeping you in a bubble so that you're shocked when Trump wins so easily in a landslide, right exactly, so you attribute it to racism or fascism. What I wouldn't want the reality of stories kept from me so that a presidential election comes along and the other side wins easily and I'm like, how did that happen? Everything I hear is the opposite. That doesn't do me any good.
Speaker 3: Or you're running around spouting idiotic opinions. That's not a good look, not to be desired. Speaking of opinions, speaker Johnson was asked the key question and he dodged it.
Speaker 4: And I think I know why.
Speaker 3: I will talk about that after a quick word from our friends at Omaha Steaks. Oh, I know this is going to sound so familiar. I know to a lot of you. I've struggled so long. What do I get you know, my dad now that my mom has passed? But what do I get them? They don't need stuff? Omaha Steaks. It's the perfect gift. And they have all sorts of different packages, but what characterizes them? And Judy and I had the filetman Schongs the other night, ma'am. If I ordered it and paid through the nose at a restaurant, I would have been thrilled with equality.
Speaker 1: I kid you not. Yeah, And I'm horrible at grilling, as you all know, with my tiny little stupid grill. Even with my grilling, those steaks are like the best steak you have at a restaurant. And they do such a good job of shipping it to you at the dry ice and everything like that. And now whoever you send it to Dad and your grandma and grapple or whatever, now they're gonna have all this great meat in their freezer and think of you every time they get it out.
Speaker 3: And listen here from legendary stakes to mouthwatering desserts and more. Say fifty percent off sitewide at Omaha Steaks dot com plus our listeners get an extra thirty dollars off with the promo code Armstrong and a thirty dollars reward card when you shop early.
Speaker 1: So go today.
Speaker 4: Why would you wait?
Speaker 3: Fifty percent off at Omaha Steaks dot com in an extra thirty bucks off with the promo code Armstrong. Minimum purchase may apply Omaha Steaks dot Com.
Speaker 4: Remember that code Armstrong. So and you know what, durn it.
Speaker 3: I should have gotten the audio, but speaker Johnson was asked, is freshman elect Sarah McBride a man or a woman?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really?
Speaker 4: In an effort to trap it.
Speaker 3: Now, if you ask me, I'd say it's a man, because that's easy for uh.
Speaker 4: And I love this this quote.
Speaker 3: Up until about fifteen minutes ago, for the entire history of mankind, every single person on earth could have answered that question definitively and correctly. But all of a sudden, we're like, I don't know what I'm subolished a sash. He said, Look, I'm not going to get into this. We treat all persons with dignity and respect. We will I'm not going to engage in silly debates about this. There's a concern about use as a restroom facilities and blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I understand your answer, but I also understand his answer of just I'm not going to let you make this into a story. I'm not going to energize the far left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got work to do. I think that's I wish she had said it's a man. I get why he didn't. Yeah, at some point we all got to find our balls. Pardon me enough to state that which is clearly true. You can't be forced under your knees to say stuff you know is clearly not true.
Speaker 4: It's bad for your soul.
Speaker 1: So Joe's got his eye color thing. People are getting operations to change their eca and good news on the four to one K front. Maybe you haven't heard about, among other things on the way, Oh my god, have you seen the new Jaguar ad campaign. Yes, Elon Musk said this makes me want to sell my Jaguar and I don't even own one. It may be the world record for tone deaf, no kidding. How did you miss the whole bud light story? Anyway? More on that later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well, speaking of bad moves, there is a twelve thousand dollars surgery to change your eye color that's surging in popularity.
Speaker 1: First of all, twelve thousand dollars. Even if it wasn't dangerous or painful, that seems crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, in an exchange that is utterly predictable, doctor say it could be dangerous. Patients say it's worth the risks. Well, that's obvious since they did it.
Speaker 4: But patient, they.
Speaker 1: Say, that's worth the risk to you have a different eye color. WHOA, won't that change your life?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I would suggest maybe I don't know the Bible or like literally any philosophical texts text from any civilization that's ever been written, including like the Farmer's Almanac, and I don't know, like a kid's book of knock Knock jokes.
Speaker 4: I just I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, they start with this thirty nine year old real estate agent, a dude who paid twelve grand to get his brown eyes turned light gray.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, doctor, who brown is by far the most common eye color in the world, by far, far and away. But if you ask women or men what's the most attractive for women? They say gray number one, blue number two. So this guy I wanted gray apparently he had seen this list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and one young man changed one of his brown eyes to blue to copy the eyes of his beloved Siberian husky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't make you weird at all.
Speaker 3: So these doctors, and there aren't many who will do this, use a laser to cut donut like tunnels into his cornias, clear outtermost layer. Ah surgeon used a tool to widen the tunnels before filling them with dye. Takes about a half an hour.
Speaker 1: Women prefer gray number one, followed by blue, then green. Men prefer green eyes in a girl, which is very uncommon. Very few people have green eyes, followed by hazel, which is kind of green also, So I guess we like green eyes and girls.
Speaker 3: I had beautiful hazel eyes as a child, Jack. They were a brown and green kind of mixed, and they turned brown as I aged. Only single digits of people have hazel eyes. It would have ingrediably change my life.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think I'm much happier.
Speaker 3: You'd be, Oh my god, I'd be a big star now loved anyway, it could blind you. So you know what I've found? You know, whose eyes look beautiful? Whoever you're in love with? Yes, their eyes look beautiful.
Speaker 1: Isn't that interesting? Always?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter what, It doesn't matter, the color doesn't matter, the shape. Whoever you're in love with, their eyes look amazing. Yeah, I'm happily hitched for the record, but brown take it or leave it? No good move on, sweetheart. You're looking for some green eyed dude. Good luck to you. See yuh bye go Why haven't you left?
Speaker 3: I'm glad my wife likes my eyes bloodshot exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, have beady little criminalized, so it's hard to tell what color they are.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, people keep looking for happiness and uh yeah, I'll just say interesting places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the main takeaway is jeez, you think that is going to give you the happiness? There a lot of other ways. Try try helping someone or praying or doing something else.
Speaker 3: Here's a chick who went twice to get aqua colored eyes.
Speaker 1: All right, what color your eyes, Katie? I've never stared that closely at you. They're blue green, they're mixed. There you go. Yeah, good news for four one k users are strong and getty. A bunch of different little news nuggets for you. I find all interesting. I'll start with this one because of teased a couple of times. The irs is going to raise the four to one contribution limit, I would freaking hope. So since we've all just lived through about thirty percent inflation, obviously those old numbers would be silly to stick to, right, right, And they didn't raise it enough to compensate for all that. But starting next year, it'll be up to twenty three five that you can put aside. And if you're over fifty, if you're in the winter of your life, that stays at seventy five hundred dollars. That's nuts. Given inflation, it's nuts to keep any of those numbers the same. It just a defies math.
Speaker 3: I think late fall is good enough. I mean, you're fifty one years old.
Speaker 1: It's not the winter of your in the winter of your life, I am, you're fifty, you've got one foot in the grave. I mean, it's just reality.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's actually so the opposite. It's it's really interesting in the modern world.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, anyway, Judy and I were just talking about that the other day. It's amazing a seventy five year old when we were kids was like, whoo still hanging out that?
Speaker 1: My mom talks about who is uh? In her eighties, just when she was a kid, somebody in their mid sixties were they were done. They were done for a couple of things for you here, let me find them all. I was going to do that. I'll do that later. NBC might be getting rid of MSNBC because they don't like having that hanging around their neck. They feel like it's hurting them, and that's that's kind of an interesting development.
Speaker 3: Might be the NBC News's main problem is they've got NBC News hanging around their neck.
Speaker 4: There no treat either.
Speaker 1: What is going to be the biggest easiest way to get rid of RFK Junior if Republican Senators has decided they want to get rid of him, it's going to be the whole abortion thing when they alert I was just reading this a variety of Republican senators who are pro life saying this is a huge concern. We'll get to this in the hearing when they alert a lot of Republican voters to how RFK Junior is an extremist on the side of abortion up to the day of birth. Yeah, I think the bloom is going to be off the rows on that. I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll say.
Speaker 1: This is the most troubling story I've come across today. This is from Reuters but being reported a number of places, and for a lot of you who are anti forever wars or any of the terms that y'all use that make you less interventionist than me. You complain about the reduction in our stockpiles, which is a valid argument, especially today, Conflicts in Ukraine in the Middle East are eating away at US stockpiles of air defenses. The top US admiral overseeing American forces in the Asia Pacific region said last night, goes through some of the various weapons systems that you've either heard haven't and how are running law on them. Inherently, it imposes costs on the readiness of America to respond to in the Indo Pacific region, which is the most stressing theater for the quantity and quality of munitions, because the PRC is the most capable potential adversary in the world. In other words, we're more scared of China than anybody else in the world, and this is doing damage of our ability to fight them. So something's got to be done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't verify this personally, but I read the other day in a worthy source that we could run out of our anti aircraft missiles in two days in a major conflict. Speaking of forever wars, they are ain't no wars that are only two days. So anyway, yeah, that's a great concern, absolute dang it. And then you'll that makes perfect sense to me.
Speaker 1: But then you've always got the problem with the Pentagon of if you can use any reason to increase your budget and then throw more money around, you use that. So it can be one hundred percent legit or eighty percent legit or twenty percent legit. It's always hard to know.
Speaker 3: Right right, By the way, I have a clarification on the Jesse Smollette situation from Mike the Chicago lawyer.
Speaker 1: Jesse Smollett, the actor most of us who had never heard of, who claimed he was attacked by some guys in maga hats who poured bleach on him and said this is mega.
Speaker 3: Country three am in the South side of Chicago, which was from the first moment you heard it.
Speaker 1: But Kamala Harris, who was almost president, came to his defense immediately talked about the racism that occurs in America.
Speaker 3: Well, he was convicted of filing false complaints and all sorts of different stuff, and that conviction was just over turned. And Mike the lawyers qualified, has given us some information on that. And now I'm going to keep it in layman's terms because we lawyers and near lawyers use a lot of you know, jargon habeas corpus rid of circus maximus. I mean, there are all sorts of different terms. It all goes back to the fact it's it's they cited the Bill Cosby case where there was a plea agreement essentially, and then the prosecutors changed their minds and went back again. It goes to the fact that they entered into an agreement with Smole before they turned around and decided to prosecute him with something else, and it was a due process violation, and Mike Lawyer agrees that it was. The problem was the horrible Cook County State's Attorney Kim Fox, who entered into a horrible, indefensible agreement with him allowing him to skate.
Speaker 1: So this is one of those things that we dullards would call got off on a technicality, But the technicality is to strengthen our judicial system.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the problem being this is the unholy fruit of the poisoned tree of Kim Fox, who tried to skate around justice for one of her woke.
Speaker 4: Allies and screwed up the whole system.
Speaker 3: I tell you what, people of Chicago, you want gonna hire a piece of garbage like her, You're gonna have garbage results.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw the story that roughly one hundred food Aid trucks, that's one of the reasons Benjamin Netanyah, who has gott an arrest warrant today from whatever international court that is, And that's the lead story for all of mainstream news. There's been an arrest warrant put out for Benjamin Netanyah, who by the International Court of we do nothing because of he's using starvation as a tool in genocide against the Palestinians. Well over the weekend, one hundred Food Aid trucks were robbed that were headed into Gaza and so all the food was gone. And this is from this morning talking to a UN spokesperson journalist who looted the AID trucks. You and spokesman, we don't know. Journalist. Are you trying to find out? You and spokesman know? And one of my favorite pundits said, in other words, the AID trucks were looted by Hamas, which is guaranteed the situation. Sure, so if you send in food aid, Hammas steals it, which strengthens them, and that's the enemy you're at war with. If you don't send in food aid, you're accused of using hunger as a weapon and a genocide.
Speaker 3: So yeah, nice, Yeah, And they say, we're in a thousand year war to exterminate the Jews and then the Christians and take over the whole world in the name of Allah. And if lots and lots of Palestinians starve to death and die terribly, that will help our cause because that will fire up our fellow Muslims. So yeah, we're stealing the food aid and eating it ourselves in order to win the great battle. Why can people not just say that and understand that. They write it themselves Humas and similar groups, and they sign their names to it, and they publish it in books, and they make speeches where they say these things. It's not like a quote unquote conspiracy theory. It's like a lot of the critical theory, postmodernism stuff. They wrote books and signed their name to it. They told you precisely what they're trying to do. I don't know, lack of curiosity or just in the United States, just a terrified fear of being called a bigot.
Speaker 1: Hey, to go back to the four to one K thing, briefly, I left out one thing. So in the actual winter winter of your life, when you're over sixty, you're starting to head into the actual interview life once you hit sixty four. Actually, they did up the amount that you can use to catch up on your four oh one K. So this is the I should have put money in when I was thirty, but I didn't, So they're giving me a chance to get caught up now that I'm bridge.
Speaker 4: But they get the ketchup in the super ketchup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently when you get to that age. But wouldn't it be grand if you can come up with some sort of system where you say, hey, can I all that money you take out for my Social Security in a program that's going broke? Yeah, that is earning zero money turned anoven. Can I keep that and put it in my four one K? Would you let me do that? Because that would be I started doing that when I'm young. That's going to add up to a ton of money.
Speaker 3: We got a great email from a beloved listener the other day saying how right George W.
Speaker 4: Bush was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I privatize a portion of your Social Security contributions. And the scare stories and the panic tactics that were employed by the left because they want that money to flow into the government because then they control it and they use it for their own power.
Speaker 1: But the idea that.
Speaker 3: You're better off, I mean it could be an affirmative opt out. Sure, look, I know what I'm doing. I'm opting out of Social Security. Show me the forms. I'll put my Social Security number down, I'll sign the form. Okay, it's not like you'll do that to people who don't know better, are very brighter, not capable, or whatever.
Speaker 4: Just those of us who choose to opt out will opt out.
Speaker 1: And if I'm.
Speaker 3: Starving as an ulster as a result of I bet on doge coin and that bath and beyond stock, well.
Speaker 4: Then I'll turn to my local church for charity.
Speaker 1: Have that on me. That's where the rubber meets the road. Though we're not a country like that. We are a welfare state. And if you made decisions and you ran out of money, we are going to step in with tax payer money to make sure you've got someplace to live and got some food regardless of the decisions you made. And that's the problem. That's the whole damn problem.
Speaker 3: Oh, which reminds me, I know what I should invest in, never mind bitcoin, freaking lab monkeys. I was reading about the South Carolina lab monkey escape.
Speaker 1: We should do that out at the farm, raise the lab monk. Got plenty of space that big bar, and I could have thousands of monkeys.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was thinking of convert my suburban home into it, which is exactly less advisable.
Speaker 1: But the putt in the studio, Yeah, bring some of them to work, Jack.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you Bitcoin is a punk of investment compared to breeding lab monkeys, the Great lab monkey Shortage of twenty four The story's been untold until now.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't really like the things they do to monkeys. Yeah, I'm not the monkey's signer release. It's like the opt out so secrety plan you're talking about. They signed an opt out and here you go test some things on me, and I get to go, well, you know, live in a suburb somewhere. That's what they tell the monkey.
Speaker 3: A lot of this stuff is incredibly important to medical science. I get people squeamishness.
Speaker 1: I respect it.
Speaker 3: On the other end, I'd rather have effective antibiotics.
Speaker 1: If you're testing antibiotics, yes, if you're testing deodoran by spraying it in their eyes.
Speaker 3: Over those that they don't do that. Any horrible stories you hear are yeah, no, they were horrible. Yeah, absolutely, I grant you that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But research monkeys before the pandemic. And part of this has to do with our schism with China.
Speaker 4: Michael, I tell you what. You're a man of the world.
Speaker 3: Guess what research monkeys were, what they cost. I'm running Joe's medical research lab here, or testing just antibiotics to save six children. Okay, I gotta have me some research monkeys. Guess what I'm paying per monkey. Go ahead, take a guess now in the back in the day, back in the before.
Speaker 4: The pandemic, I must say ten grand. That's that's not a bad guess.
Speaker 3: Guess. I was going to guess a couple hundred dollars. I would have guessed seven hundred and fifty bucks something like that. It's actually four to six thousand dollars per monkey pre pandemic.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now, now, and you wish you'd bought bitcoin when it was twenty dollars. You wish you'd bought apple stock in two thousand and two, and you wish you'd started breeding monkeys five years ago.
Speaker 4: It's thirty grand per monkey.
Speaker 1: Now, Wow, makes video look like inron.
Speaker 4: We think about that from it? Yes, you're right, it does.
Speaker 3: And and the US government is spending gobs of money, including on this South car Carolina research lab that apparently has an honor system for the monkey's team, but unbelievable amounts of money on research monkeys. Now you tell the monkeys at nine you stay put?
Speaker 1: All right? Huh we have a deal, all right, chee chee Wow, Okay, Well I gotta go. We gotta start breeding monkeys. Then that's where the money is. We got more on the way. You can join us anytime you got a comment like we got something wrong, or you want to add two text line four one five, two nine fifte barstraw.
Speaker 4: Yet I hate these floodpants.
Speaker 1: Way they're working.
Speaker 3: My feet are soaked, well, my cups are bone dry.
Speaker 4: Everything's coming up. Millhouse.
Speaker 1: One thing that I love about Milhouses. He's always getting knocked down, but he keeps getting up.
Speaker 4: I'm never giving up.
Speaker 1: Here is not again.
Speaker 3: I love the little guy.
Speaker 1: That's the seventy year old woman who does the voice of Millhouse on The Simpsons who says she's retiring after this season. She's been doing it for thirty five years.
Speaker 3: The Simpsons debuted almost like exactly when I started my radio career, and as I've told the story before, everybody wanted a Bart's Simpson voice in their heads.
Speaker 7: And I was like, yeah, cut the crap man or don't have a cow or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's terrible, but everybody like, oh, that was great, So yeah, it goes on. That's one of my favorite lines from the show. It's a good one. Everything's coming up Millhouse Carson. Millhouse's parents got a divorce later and it became rough for the poor kid. But first, this kind of joke thing that I came across yesterday. Before I get to some economic news about Target. I love how the first thing they do at the doctor's office is weigh you. I was already nervous. Now I'm depressed. Maybe next time they can bring up something I regret from my past and really get this party started. That's funny. Target stock plunged twenty one percent yesterday as a guy with a chunk of Target stock. I wish I had put it in something else. Monkeys maybe, But the retailers downbeat earnings report, which included lower profit and larger inventory, fell well short of all street expectations. But here's the interesting stuff. And economic news is we mock it all the time. It's economic news is nut. They always come up with explanations for why stuff happened, which you rarely have. It's usually I think usually it's unknown. And then sometimes it's like a combination of fifty things and you don't know which one was more important than the other. But to simplify it into one or two things very very rare, but they always do it in whatever article you're reading. Target's results stand in sharp contrast to its rival Walmart, which reported stronger than expected earnings on Tuesday and upgraded's full of your forecast. That's worth knowing. Yes, Walmart had a great quarter, while Target did not, So what gives. On the call with analysts, Target's executives described a deceleration in sales for high margin discretionary categories such as APPERIL and home to Corp. They also said consumers were not purchasing expensive products like televisions instead opting for smaller and more affordable items like candles and vases. Yeah, don't that pretty hilarious. So we're thinking about getting a big screen TV and your wife says, maybe we should just get a candle instead, and you go home with a candle.
Speaker 3: Hey, honey, super Bowl's coming up. It'd be really great if we had a big TV when folks come over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we can't afford it, so let's get a vise.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was funny.
Speaker 3: I was reminded the other day that they lost something like a billion dollars in value because they were selling transgender clothes for children, so your little boy could tuck his penis away and feel like a girl.
Speaker 1: I know personally two people that stop shopping at Target in the last couple of years because of their politics. The fact that the article that I read, the Whole Bang article, never mentioned that once, I think is pretty interesting, since again, I know two people in my real life that went from regular Target shoppers to never because of their politics. That didn't play a role at all. Come on, yeah, yeah, week, I was going to get the eight inch TV, but I decided to get one of these vanilla scented candles.
Speaker 4: Wow, it smells just like a rainforest or something.
Speaker 1: That's great. Well, we'll sit around watch the candle kids. Times are tough, or we'll go to Walmart and buy a TV.
Speaker 3: Our four will include an analysis of what the artificial high minimum wage in California did to fast food workers. If you don't get our four, grab it fire podcast Strong and Getty