Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's have a look at some of the markets on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepka and I'm joined by Bloomberg Report clomb Lake.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Chloe. It moves to the oil price.
Speaker 3: Of course, it means that we've seen these twists and turns in US Iran negotiations, the Strait of hor moves and remaining clothes. How are some of the big oil majors responding to again a jumping prices.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they are once again in the green that this morning. So, as you mentioned, those tensions in the Middle East have fled up once again. We had the US Navy seizing and Iranian ship and then around firing at vessels and reimposing controls in the Strait of Horror moves. So all of this seems to be pointing to a sustained disruption of global energy supplies, which of course is leading oil majors in the green, while the majority of other sectors are definitely weaker today. So the two weeks is fire is set to expire a Tuesday, So now the focus is now is really shifting on whether the US and Iron can resume negotiations and actually find the way to reopen the straight around signal that it may not join a second round of talks this week if the US maintains its naval blockade, and then Trump threatened on Sunday morning to destroy every power plant and bridgin around if negotiations fail. So there's been at the moment no major breakdown and sees fire talks but also no sign to the major breakthrough is also in the cars either and so as usual that is benefiting those oil majors.
Speaker 3: Absolutely BP, but you also see any repsol total energies, equinor AKABP. They're all in the best performers top ten best performers today. On the flip side, two E and Ryeranner seeing significant share price declines.
Speaker 1: Why yeah, the two size of the same coin.
Speaker 4: Really all prices being up means that all majors are in the green, but it also guarantees often that airlines.
Speaker 1: Are going to be in the red.
Speaker 4: So as you say, obviou slyly Ryanair twoy, all of this airline and travel stocks struggling today because higher fuel costs are of course a major concern. We had easy Jet last week warning of a loss because of that disruption, and the industry is also increasingly worried about potential fuel shortages. So that's especially worrying now that we're heading into the very busy and the usually very lucrative summer travel season as well. So industry experts are warning that travelers will face a lot more disruption in the next few months. We've already seen some flight cancelations, more planes being grounded, and so those cuts two schedules are likely to get worse. So that means that your route might not be available anymore, or it might be a lot more expensive. So it's not just those share prices for Ryanair and two that are hurting, but potentially all of our wallets as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, I'm seeing lots of news and articles about steaks here in the UK, people not wanting to risk it, or just lots of different regions, nations and regions, Scotland, you know, advertising holidays. I see that all over the place. But there's also other news to think about. So in banks a UniCredit this morning what's been happening there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, UniCredit is stepping up.
Speaker 4: It's a pursuit of Commerce Bank, and it has been quite critical of its target.
Speaker 1: So to side just a few things that it's said.
Speaker 4: It said that Commons Bank had a story of operating underperformance, that it was over valued relative to fundamentals, and that it suffers from structural weaknesses that are only masked by financial tailwinds. And so it said that Commons Bank should intensify its focus on a couple of key markets or Germany and Poland, and scale back its international operations. And so this is coming as UniCredit recently presented a full blown takeover offer for commerce Bank and that is set to kick off next month. But of course, throughout the pursuit from UniCredit, which started back in twenty twenty four, Commerce Bank has been pushing back and so we're going to be watching out for any new developments. Their shares and Commerce Bank did rise this morning on the back of this, but UniCredit shares were a little weaker, so we'll be looking up for the next steps.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.